Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis, and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Yeah, and winning so much, we're going to get tired of winning, right, I mean, so many reasons to be happy today. And yeah, it's not over. Trump could still lose the race, but he'd have to give it away at this point, even before last night, but with Vance doing such a great job last night, and I think the impact of the victory is magnified way beyond the norm by multiple factors, including the facts. First time ever there's not a presidential debate after the vice presidential debate. This is the bow, this is the loop when it comes to the whole debate cycle. And the last word is a thorough, thorough posterior kicking last night. And more important than that is just how well Vance performed, even if Walts had been better, just how well Vance performed. And I think that it helps the ticket so much in part because hey, he's young, right. I think there's a real craving in America for a good, strong, young leadership. And Harris is younger than Trump. But Harris isn't young, She's sixty. Vance is forty. And I think any honest person last night, even if they despise his policies, could look at Vance and say that is a brilliant guy and articulate guy, strong guy who can deliver under pressure when the lights are brightest. Yeah, that's the skill set you would want in your president. And honestly, do you think one person, including Tim Walls, went home last night and said, boy, I really want to see Tim Walls as president. I don't think anybody went home last night and said that, or man, that guy he's a five tool player. He could really be a great president. I don't think anybody went home last night and set that. That's why we have had a blast today playing all this sound of lefty heads exploding over the big win last night for JD.
Speaker 2: Vance.
Speaker 1: Let me give you a little taste of that before we go to the phone lines and some truly great text. And I want to get to the text. Who talks about my wife? But this is not my wife, Thank you God, this is Nicole Wallace.
Speaker 3: It's the audacity. I agree with you that we're in year nine and no one knows how to cover the audacity. The audacity is that someone should stop it, stop stop are you eff in kidding me? And they should have they should have dropped that at bomb, right, I mean they should have. Just we this is a debate. This may be the only chance people have to see the difference.
Speaker 1: No, this is what I've been predicting for a long time. This is the formal clinical definition of an exploding head. That was what you just heard. That's an exploding head. When a network anchor, you know, said they should have dropped the F bomb, et cetera. Over quote the audacity and what exactly does she mean? She just means jd Vance standing up there and speaking these conservative truths in a way that's very articulate, very precise, and appropriately, you know, very palatable for the American people. The left can't handle that well, left cannot handle that.
Speaker 4: And cutting all this audio for you down. It's the only way I'm sampling CNNMSNBC. If it had gone well for Tim Wallas, if you had knocked it out of the park, none of this sound would be coming our way the way that you just heard. Nicole Wallace is just grasping at straws. You had Simone Sanders eminently frustrated. You have all these anchors that are basically saying, look, JD. Vance put on a clinic and showed how it was done exactly and to extend it. If wall c Had done a really good job last night, but Vance had still done as well as he did, they'd still be freaking because what they're seeing, obviously, is is they're seeing another eight years beyond Trump. They're seeing the extension of Mega and they're seeing it in a form and that's why she talked about the audacity in her head was popping. They're seeing it in a form that's going to be very, very appealing to more American people. I mean President Trump, he's been magical. He's been historic in his ability to get a lot of people who don't normally vote to vote, and he hasn't been as effective in say, getting suburban moms, etc. Yet he's still on the verge of probably getting a second term. We hope JD. Vance has the ability to bring those same policies, in that same approach to a much broader audience. And that's what was freaking them out last night is A it's going to help Trump win here, but B Trump's got one term left and then obviously vance or. His performance last night has positioned himself to be the successor. That's scaring the heck out of him because he's going to be able to enlarge the ten. This text, before we get back to our phone lines, Dan poor Amy, referring to my wife, I honestly don't know how she stands it. Give her some respect if you treat her like you treat every other person that doesn't agree with you. I really feel sorry for fact check on our texter. My wife and I have been married thirty plus years. Why do you think she's stayed? Just call the show or text me. I'd love your thoughts on why you think. I mean this is if you're new to the area. My wife is incredibly kind, incredibly smart, a wonderful human. Everybody says that, and physically stunning. Talented reporter too as well.
Speaker 1: Very talented reporter and Emmy Award winning news anchor King Go, which is where I met her and proposed to her on set during a newscast. Bold only mistake she ever made was saying yes, and that was just kind of out of sympathy because I was sitting right next to her. She's sitting there thinking, Okay, if I say no, there's nowhere in the world this guy can go. He's going to be the la laughing stock of this planet and any other planet that has civilized life.
Speaker 4: Did she say that to you?
Speaker 1: No, but you could see the look in her eye.
Speaker 4: I got to pull that audio back up.
Speaker 1: So it was a sympathy, yes, but I'll take it. All I'm saying is she had options, all right, lots of options. Thirty plus years later, she's still there. So text her, how do you explain that one? And what we were talking about earlier? It was all very good natured. When we were sitting at the counter last night, We're having this great spaghetti pie she made, and we're watching the debate and I start yapping about Walls and I'm making fun of his facial expressions and everything else, and she warned me a couple of times and then disappeared. Dan she did come back.
Speaker 4: Oh well that's good.
Speaker 1: She did come back. Yes, Urie, Mike kind enough to join us on the dan kapla. So finally something we can agree on that jd Vance won big appreciate you calling and tell me that eerie. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm fine lyle Yeah, yeah, I have seen the pictures and you have definitely out kicked your cover.
Speaker 5: You do that?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? For sure? Which picture I was actually calling? I was actually calling to do you need my venmo?
Speaker 1: Or?
Speaker 2: How do you want to give me that steak that you you said you would give me yesterday when I won the bet?
Speaker 1: My friend I was very disappointed. I didn't pull up to the building here and have a grill outside and you'd be cooking me a tomahawk. Yeah, so you're claiming you won the bet.
Speaker 2: I sent you the YouTube video. Did you look at it?
Speaker 1: How did you send it to me?
Speaker 2: I texted it to Dan and I said, Dan, if you have the number, you get out.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean at this show?
Speaker 2: Yet?
Speaker 1: It won't this, Mike, this won't let us put links through when we're off air. Kelly will give you a number you can text it to. Yeah, but just just tell everybody, not that we can rely on it, nothing personal, but tell everybody what The video shows a.
Speaker 2: Video show where he said that he had he hadn't needed to create the story to bring attention to the immigration problem he would do. So that's why that's that was the bet we made that I said.
Speaker 1: He I can't wait, Yeah, I cannot wait to see that video of my friend.
Speaker 2: And in fact, and in fact last night, I think even he doubled down on it because Michael, after he mentioned the illegal immigrants during the debate, yeah, and CBS and uh, they didn't follow their own rules. They did, they were there, they were there, there there illegally, and he said, hey, that's against the rules. You weren't going to fact check me.
Speaker 1: And then he showed they had lied. Then they showed he had lied. But you know, Mike, here's how I know. You owe me a Tomnel. No, they like the moderator, like the miss Liah's too strong word. The moderator who pretended to be fact checking him was was in fact misleading the audience. But and he showed him. He proved that. That's why they cut off his mic. Do you think that if he was losing they would have cut off his mic. They cut off his mic because he was winning. But Michael, here's my proof, OK, and everybody in the audience.
Speaker 4: Will know it.
Speaker 1: DM.
Speaker 2: Mike, you're lying right now, Mike.
Speaker 1: Now, can I ask a question, a historical question that is perplexed me forever. How did you survive on the playground? How did you not just get Pete to a pulp on the playground. I don't mean that in a mean way, but but stuff like this where Okay, I put out the facts, they show you wrong, and you just say you're lying, you're lying. But Mike, here's here's the proof. Here's the proof that I'm right.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me have an opportunity to get myself. I'll tell you why you're lying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, you're welcome to you after in the next segment. Sorry, but we've got to hit this break or we're all be out of here involuntarily. But here's the point. The way we know Mike is wrong when he claims that, Hey, you know, I don't know if you said advance or Trump said we just made up the cats and dogs. You know, to call attention immigration is if that tape existed, it is all that you would be seen, or I would be seen, or anybody would be seen on virtually every new station out there, and I've never seen it once. The reason is it doesn't exist. Why that sounded eerily like Biden didn't it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: You're on the Dan Caplas.
Speaker 4: Show and now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcasts.
Speaker 5: Pretty clear Vance outclassed Walls tonight. I mean I was watching this and all I could think of was, man, Walls is so went over his head. I mean, can you imagine this guy sitting in the White House situation room with that facial expression that's like fifty percent sheer tear and fifty percent extreme bafflement. I mean, it was amazing the split screen difference between a competent Vance and a totally.
Speaker 4: In over his head Walls.
Speaker 5: The answer on why he lied about his trips to China and the T and M and square thing was probably the worst VP debate meltdown since Stockdale in ninety two. You know who am I and why am I here? It was two and a half minutes of absolute terrible for Vance. Night of Redemption. All the political media has told us that Vance was a terrible pick and Walls was going to bring in all these voters. That charade is now over. Wals does not belong at this level of American politics. Vance does. Final verdict, Tim Walls wandered into the wrong bar tonight.
Speaker 1: Wow, Scott Jennings is so good on CNN. It's gonna be a good test for CNN, right, whether they give Scott Jennings his own show, whether he gets a full hour credit to CNN. And they're they're relatively new management for putting Jennings on air prominently right, because he's very, very good. I'd love to see him run for office myself. Eight five five for zero five A two five five. Some of the greatest sounds you will ever hear of lefty tears being shed, very prominent at a high level after Vance was so stellar last night, but we kept earing Mike over because he disagrees, and we're always so grateful for that, and I wanted to let him finish his point. He claims he won a Tomahawk's Take bet with me where he said he would provide proof that did you say was JD. Vance or Trump or both? Had admitted and I'll put that in quotes, that that they made up the cats and dogs story, the eating cats and dogs and pets story for a fact, Did you say was Vance or Trump or both?
Speaker 2: Mike Vance?
Speaker 1: Okay, And so you now claim to have sent video that will prove that right.
Speaker 2: Well, I sent it to you via text. I'm in my vehicle right now. Okay, I listened to your commercials. You don't want me.
Speaker 1: To no goodness, no, no, And I don't even want you to pull over because you could get hit on the side of the road and the world without Eerie Mike would be a very sad place.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: And plus, I don't want to give you any more business. I mean, gess you're rich enough. It sounds like so so rich. My point is.
Speaker 1: Enough rich in love. I say I'm rich in love, which is all that matters.
Speaker 2: Rich in love. I got it, I got it, I understand.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: So when I get to my hotel room I'm in Wisconsin, I'll be happy to send it to you. And I'll bet you another.
Speaker 1: State Interstate eight.
Speaker 2: That you won't play it. You won't play it on there.
Speaker 1: Wait, Mike, have you ever listened to this show? I've been coming on air for almost thirty years. Kelly will tell you. Do you really think Kelly screens people? Do you think Kelly tries to keep people off air because of what they want to say? No, this is this is the one beacon here.
Speaker 2: Do you like to bring people in a disagree, and then you hit the mute button.
Speaker 1: Here what person? Oh no, no, no, And I know you're begging for that now, Mike, but and I might have to do it. But here, here's the point. The only reason I ever hit the mute button is when somebody won't answer a fair direct question. At that point, they're just wasting our time. Then I bring them back normally and give them a chance to answer. But no, appreciate the call, my friend. We'll look at the video. We gave Mike off Era a number he could send it to and not mine, So we'll look at that video. But we know it doesn't exist, or you'd be watching it right now on CNN and MSNBC and everybody else. They make up all these lies about Trump and Vance. If they add something real to work with, yeah, you can be sure.
Speaker 4: They do it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of good news, my friend, this and no one pole tells the full story, right. But this Emerson College poll that's just out today in c D eight, did you see that one?
Speaker 4: I've been told about it.
Speaker 1: Oh, you've been told yes, Well, I can confirm the good news that it has the race tied between Gabe Evans, who we hope is going to be on soon and often. I was writing with his people yesterday on that and Caraveo. And the reason I say that's great news because obviously like Gabe to be up ten points. The reason it's great news is Caraveo must have been spent a billion time the last month. Right, who has watched anything on TV and not seen five cara Ao ads. So if after that kind of saturation, and I cannot even imagine how much that cost, this race is tied, that's very good news for Gabe. But you want to know some really great news within the good news. They also polled on the top issues for CD eight. Anybody want to guess what they are and then I'll give you percentages abortion.
Speaker 4: Based on the debate last night and the priority and climate change. Okay, that's Nora O'Donnell and Margaret Brennan. Now this is what CD eight voters say. Now, I'm just saying, right, that's how stupid those two were last night and.
Speaker 1: CD eight I would call it corrupt, But CD eight is like the classic right down the middle, might be decided by three votes swing district. So do you think this reflects America? Twenty eight percent of the voters found the economy is the top issue. No big surprise. I mean the CNN their own polling last night showed what economy doubled the next closes issue. Economy was forty one percent in the CNN post of eight poll, and what was second to twenty one might have been immigration. I'll double check. But here's here's where I get to the fun stuff. Twenty eight percent said yeah, economy, followed by housing affordability a twenty one percent, immigration twenty one percent. Where do you think threats to democracy came in? Eleventh nine percent? What percentage of the voters in CD eight said that abortion access was their top priority in CD eight five three percent? Think about that, three percent of the voters in CD eight, classic swing district. It has its own unique feature. It features That's why I see housing affordability, but three percent say it's their top priority. It's all the Democrats had, I know. It's what they're hanging their whole hat on. Is we'll kill those babies up to the minute you deliver. That is the whole Democrat party pitch. Yeah, yeah, three percent eight five five for zero five A two five five the number, And that brings us to something, you know, After the break, we'll play more this fun sound of the left losing their minds over Vance's great performance, and we'll play some of the key debate moments as well. But but what I want to talk about as well is, hey, that the criticism. There's been some criticism from some prominent corners people I really respect that JD. Vance went too light on pro life, and then others praising it, saying, no, that's that's what you got to do to win. Then you do all your pro life stuff when you get in office. I want to give you my take on it, because if you're kind enough to listen to this show, you know, for decades, pro life has been the foundational issue for me for lots of different reasons, including you know what if they kill you before you're born. These other issues really don't matter much, But I want to give you my take on the approach that Vance took last night. First, though, i'll play some sound from a very highly highly respected conservative thinker who also happens to be pro life, as I think any true conservative would have to be right just by definition. But he will give you his take on why he thinks Vance blew it on that and should have been much stronger on the life issue. Anxious to get yours eight FI five for zero five A two five five takes da N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: He listened to Classic has JD. Vance schooling Margaret Brennan.
Speaker 6: Just to clarify for our viewers, Springfield, Ohio does have a large number of Haitian migrants who have legal status temporary protective Laura, thank you, senator. We have so much to get to.
Speaker 4: I think it's important to.
Speaker 1: Think about it before we go further. And I know you know how this ends. That's why we're playing it. It's so much fun think about how corrupt that is, how dishonest that is. CBS says their moderators are not going to debate Vance. That's what they mean when they say no fact check. They're just jumping into the ring and they're debating three on one. So the deal was the moderators wouldn't do it. She sees that Vance is winning big and Waltz is losing big, so she decides to break the rules. So she jumps in and says something that is deceptive. So now JD. Vance is going to call her on it, and she's going to stop him. That is fundamentally corrupt. That is corrupt journalism. It's a corruption of journalism. It is fundamentally dishonest. But maybe Jadvance's finest moment in an evening full of great moments. Jadvance is not going to take it. He's going to fight back. She's trying to silence them, and eventually turns off his mic, which is an admission that he was right.
Speaker 4: Margaret.
Speaker 7: The rules were the got in a fact check, and since you're fact checking me, I think it's important to say what's actually going on. So there's an application called the CBP one app where you can go on as an illegal migrant, apply for asylum or apply for parole, and be granted legal status at the wave of a Kamala Harris open border Wand that is not a person coming in applying for a green cart and waiting for ten years. Thank you, senatoration of a legal immigration Margaret Bie.
Speaker 6: Thank you, senator for describing the legal process.
Speaker 1: Listen to that tone, Listen to that tone, just mocking him. It's this elitist thing. He is ten times smarter than these lefties who try to take him down. I don't care about their gender ten times smarter. And he just proved it. He proved her deception, and so what does she do now, cuts off his mic?
Speaker 6: Have so much to get, Senator the book since nineteen ninety, Thank you, gentlemen, we want to have that has not been on the.
Speaker 1: Books, so.
Speaker 6: Are cut We have so much we want to get to Thank you for explaining the legal process.
Speaker 1: We've got the presidency at stake, and you've got this these arrogant elitist lefties in the media silencing vans so we can't speak the truth. And that was if you ever saw the end of Rocky four, well, I don't want to spoil it for you, but if you've ever seen somebody you know, just throw the towel into the ring so the fighter doesn't get pummeled any longer. That's what CD That's what CBS just did. They cut off the mic because Vance was proving her wrong and dishonest.
Speaker 4: Did she thinks she was just going to be able to throw that out the rules of the debate and have not respond.
Speaker 1: Because that's what Republicans do. Bingo, yeah and yeah, no, but listen, they are in this mode. And we talked about it. They were much worse last night than I thought they'd be. But but we talked about it. I predicted it before the ABC debate. For them, it is on it. The truth doesn't matter, facts doesn't matter, the rules don't matter. It is kill Trump. And I'm talking politically. It is kill Trump. And so that's what it's all about. And it's it's such a disgrace to journalism and it undermines confidence if there's any left at all in the entire profession of journalism. Yeah, it is. It's just horrible because this country needs good journalism, it needs a healthy journalism sector. And people like that and like Mirror and Lindsay Davis, they're just bearing the credibility of journalism. But it was a great favor to Jdvent's right. The American people are smart across party lines. I was a Democrat for decades before I became a Republican. People that the vast majority of people across party lines are fair minded people and they know on fairness when they see it. And that's why it helped Trump in the ABC debacle, that that ABC was so unfair to those moderators, and it helped vance last night even more so because he was able to flip it on him, he showed it allowed him Ryan, it allowed him to show off these elite skills and brain that he has. He was able to flip it on him real time live.
Speaker 4: He did. The thing that really infuriates me. Dan is somebody who's done this job going back twenty five years now, and I take it very seriously. Now, we express opinions on this show, and that's what the show is for. But if you and I were to moderate a debate, now we lean right, there's no doubt about that. We wouldn't hide from that, we wouldn't lie about it. But I think we'd be far more fair to Tim Walls or Kamala Harris than what we're seeing from CBS or ABC with Trump and Vance.
Speaker 1: You understate it, my friend, because the reality just conservatives by nature. The reality is we would bend over backwards. We'd need a chiropractor and a massage therapist. We would bend over backwards to prove we are being fair. If anything, excuse me, it would be unfair to the conservative. Perhaps lefties are the exact opposite, because here's the difference, my friend. Okay, for all of our for all of our imperfections. We have the truths on our side. The lefties are living a political lie. They can't win on the facts, logic, common morality. They're living a lie. The only way they can win is lying and censoring, right, I mean, that's the only way they can win. That's the difference. So the lefties out there in their minds, it's all justified. They're gonna lie about this, a lie about this with Vance. They're going to shut down Vans, They're going to shut down Trump. They're going to do everything other then give a massage on air to the Democrat because that's the only way they could win. They can't win with the truth because they don't have the truth on their side. They can't win with facts. They don't have the facts on their side. So yeah, we as moderators, we would be bad for conservatives because we'd bend over backwards to show we were being fair.
Speaker 4: And I just laughed in the whole exchange there, because to your point, jd. Vance is owning it. He knows the facts about that specific case and the so called fact check that Margaret Brennan, who I might add was far worse than Nora O'Donnell who I don't like, But Margaret was far worse, and in this instance, because she was so smug and that look on her face and the tone in her voice, like you just heard there too. And if JD. Vance was bumbling, stumbling, let's say, like Walls was, she would have let him hang himself with his own rope. But he wasn't struggling, so she tried to shut him down, tried to shut him down, then cut his mic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was such a favorite to Walls, right, It is such a favorite to Vance, right, And they tried to do a lot of favors for Walls, but it just let fans show off those superior skills, superior intellect. Dan, why do you suppose neither Trump or Vance responded on the abortion issue that the power for states to determine their own abortion laws is the way the Constitution says it should be. The Constitution is very clear on what the federal government is allowed to dictate. I thought that they both said that. I thought they both made that point. Well, that hey, it's going back to the states. The people of the states should have it. Now there's criticism, and I'll get to that sound in the next break. There's criticism from a prominent conservative voice and a great pro lifer that Vance went too light on the life issue. I'll play that in the next segment and give you my take on it. There's no doubt in my mind about JD. Vance's pro life credentials. As I've said since twenty sixteen, I've always assumed that President Trump is at heart pro choice, but that doesn't concern me as long as he uses his power to advance pro life. And we have not had a more pro life president in terms of action in our lifetime than Donald Trump. He's been a pro life champion when he actually has the reigns of power and has decisions to make, and I fully expect he would largely be that way in his next term. But one thing we know for sure, he will be a thousand times better than Harrison Walls. They are politically the death Star. They revel in this mass killing. They want to promote it, they want to enlarge it, they want to enhance it right up to the moment that mother can be fully dilated, ready to deliver, and Harrison Walls say that baby can be killed, dismembered on the spots. So when it comes down to people who care about using the political power God gave him, which is the ability to vote in these elections and maybe more to save innocent humans from being killed. It is not even a close call. It's the easiest decision anyone will ever have to make to vote for Trump over Harris. Is he perfect on it? Of course not, but he is light years better than she is. You're on the Dan Caplas Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 7: As I read the Minnesota law that you signed into into law, the statute that you signed into law, it says that a doctor who presides over an abortion where the baby survives, the doctor is under no obligation to provide a life saving care to a baby who survives a botched late term abortion.
Speaker 4: That is I think, whether pro choice or provider show.
Speaker 1: That is fun to listen to. That This is what they do all the time, right that they deny what the law actually says. Why do they deny that? Because it's right there in the law. And Vance brilliantly, because he was ready for that denial, just said, okay, well show me show me where I'm wrong. Well, what in the law says I'm wrong? Because Vance is absolutely right, but they deny it because they know if people knew the truth, if they knew the truth that Jared Polis and Tim Walls and Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, they supply they fight for they make money off of, meaning political donation money fighting to allow that baby to be killed. Up to the very moment of delivery, people would look at them like monsters. So they just lie and say, oh, no, we don't support that, when it's exactly what they support. So I'm glad that Vance called him out on that last night. By the way, pole came out of CD eight today, it's not a CD eight pole, it's an outside Paul Emerson showing that Rag tiede. So we hope to have gave Evans on tomorrow to talk about that. That's very positive news. But it showed abortion three percent. Three percent of the voters in CD eight said abortion was their top issue. Economy, of course, was number one by a mile. So much more fun sound to play today because it's what we've been predicting. Right, it's all these lefty heads explosion exploding, pardon me, after JD. Vance shined last night, and they're so scared for so many reasons. First of all, obviously it helps Trump and what many perceive as a close race, it helps Trump win. But it also shows the ability of this movement because the Trump movement has been something we've never seen before, right, so many people that don't normally vote, etc. It shows the ability of this Trump movement now to be carried into the future with a messenger like JD Vance who is so smart and so articulate and can make this can make these principles and policies appeal to a broader audience in America. And that's just causing him to go crazy. Here's Abbie Philip on CNN. I think we shouldn't lose track.
Speaker 4: I think even in the civility of the fact that JD. Vance came to this to be to land a bunch of punches, and he did. He landed a lot of punches in.
Speaker 1: And it goes on from there. And here's Nicole Wallace before I play the Walsh sound in just a flat and meltdown.
Speaker 3: It's the audacity. I agree with you that we're in year nine and no one knows how to cover the audacity.
Speaker 1: The audacity. Is it so much?
Speaker 2: Stop? Stop?
Speaker 3: Are you eff in kidding.
Speaker 1: Me, And yeah, see they're losing their minds because it helps jump nowt but going into the future, they can see Vance winning. Now here's Matt Walsh, highly respected conservative pro lifer, critical that Vance went so lightly on life.
Speaker 8: Another big victory was the overturning of Roe v. Wade. And that's why I know again, I understand all the strategic stuff, but I think there's a strategic mistake being made on the abortion issue.
Speaker 1: I agree, but by Republicans.
Speaker 8: I understand that it's it is there are elements of our position as pro lifers that are unpopular. I get all that we want to win the women over suburban women. I understand all that, But the leftist position on abortion is in fact barbaric, it is in fact deranged. It's actually indefensible intellectually. There are so many land mines for the left on this issue that they're able to just like jump over because we don't guide them into it.
Speaker 1: I agree with him one thousand percent, and I think Fance was an a plus last night. I think he could have even been better if he had taken this approach. Matt Walsh's recommending on abortion. There's no doubt in my mind that Fance is committed to the pro life cause and he took the approach he took because he thinks it will help them win. I respectfully disagree. Here's Walsh some more.
Speaker 8: I've been waiting for someone to do this, and I guess it's not gonna happen this cycle. But in one of these debates sometime, I would love for Republican to just turn to the Democrat and say, Okay, what we're really talking about here, this is the fundamental issue here is what is a person? When is a person? University right, maybe it will be when is a person? So turn to the Democrat and say, this is what we're talking about. So at what point is the baby in the womb a person? Can you answer that? And they won't be able to answer it. They're going to say Obama famously said above my pig, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's right about that. I would refine it a bit and turn to them and say, Okay, at what point is that a human? At what point is that a child who should not be killed? And then point to the moment before birth. Because every one of these Democrat candidates that is going to support and fight for the ability to kill that baby after the mother's fully dilated and about to be born, and you just expose him on that. So I agree with that, Listen, I understand the thinking that went into the approach last night. I would bet that the vast majority of the people listening now would agree with the approach that was taken last night. It obviously freaked out the left and went over very well with the focus groups. I mean, you saw, you saw, right. I hadn't seen a single focus group that went for Walls. Every focus group on all these lefty stations went for Vance. Did you see where the focus groups went for Vance? On global warming? Overwhelmingly went for Vance.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I get what they were trying to do. I just think And by the way, JD. Vance did some very good life stuff last night and stood up and made some great points. It's not like he abandoned the issue at all. But I do believe overall that the best approach politically is My mom, who I view as one of the founders of the pro life movement, used to say, which is doing the right thing is always good politics, and I trust in the people that way as well. So I believe in the approach of just straight up in a civil way, a controlled way, but a smart, articulate kind of way. Pin that Democrat down on what they're actually supporting and don't let them get off the hook. But overall, definitely a plus for Vance. Really helped the cause short term and long term. Ryan, tremendous job, my friend. Thank you for your great work. As always, I know it was a ton that went into this sound today though JD. Vance really did the hard work right and Doug Kelly human sunshine again. The only downside we have to do the show in shades, but it's worth it. Thank you. Kelly. Join us tomorrow please on The Dan Kaplis Show