Speaker 1: It's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, and we have the Eagles in with us here. Know not those eagles, our eagles here from six to ten right here in bartles But how are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 3: Supernaturally super introduce yourselves to the crowd, folks.
Speaker 1: I'm Martin Blum, I'm Rick Harlem, and guys, you have been working very very hard on a number of projects. You just wrapped up a nice Bengo night for the Bartlesbill Choir and everything else, but you've also been working on just countless other things. The Eagles are are known for the generosity and the willingness to help out and folks that are kind of following through the cracks, and you guys have.
Speaker 4: Been doing a real good job of that. Just want to give you a little hats off on it.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: We just recently Saturday night we had a choir is going to Ireland for a trip and I reached out to us to see if we could help them. We had a Bengo for them on Saturday night and we raised seven nine dollars for that groups. Then just recently the Sheriff's Department has a Christmas program where they help families too, and we raised a little over five thousand for them. And then the Barswell Police Foundation reached out to us for they do things that it's not in the budget for the police department. They help them out with them and we raised right out fifty seven hundred for them. So that's some of the things we've recently been doing.
Speaker 1: Goodness sakes and it all adds up. It all adds up. Now you've been working on a project.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Had a member come to us and ask us if we would help a family. They had a really leaky roof and it was really leaky, and they asked us if we could if we could help them or find somebody to help them. And we've got some construction guys that are members of the area, and we passed the hat and gathered some money up and went and bought some supplies and went over to their their house over at Barnstall and it's kind of a soft but they have like a rock structure that they live in. It's it's a house, it's really nice inside. They we went over and we spread this liquid coating over their roof. Unfortunately, we wasn't able to make it work correctly Sunday morning before the new rain came in, and.
Speaker 2: They still have a leaky roof.
Speaker 3: We we're gonna try it again, or maybe we can find somebody to help us. But that's one of our things that we do with our money that we make, is uh. We we take our money that we make on Monday and Friday night bingos and we helped the community and and other and in all.
Speaker 2: Kinds of ways.
Speaker 3: But that's that's what we do with our money, is we uh, we helped the community.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that this family is kind of a community. But that's seven kids going on in that's a small town in some places.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like I said, Martin said, it's a soft story, but just real quick.
Speaker 6: The mother has cancer.
Speaker 5: Two of the children, one of them has leukemia, one of them has lymphoma, I believe it's called. They have a special needs child. And they bought this place back and thought everything was great. They were remodeling the inside of it. It was a cash deal, so no inspections had to be done. And Lord and bowed all this rain moved in a month ago and we needed it. Bless the Lord for that. But in the meantime, they might as well not.
Speaker 6: Have a roof.
Speaker 5: If you go over there, they've got tubs catching water, some pumps pumping it out. The kids are staying dried on. Everybody panic. They have rooms they're dry in. But it's just a sad deal and we're trying to get them a roof. And like I said, I feenebody's out there can help us help them a little bit.
Speaker 6: That's what we're needing. Somebody a little bigger than us. But we've got.
Speaker 5: Plenty of manpower and mostly the money's there to take care of it. We just need somebody to advise us what we need.
Speaker 1: How do we get ahold of the Eagles? Go on our Facebook there, you go, just message you there.
Speaker 3: They can go on our Facebook page or they can private message Martin Blumer Rick Harlow on Facebook.
Speaker 2: We're not hard to find and we're easy to talk to.
Speaker 3: Rick's pretty easy to get along with, and he can talk to you all day long if you want. He doesn't act like it on the radio, but I'll promise you he's a easy going guy and he's got a big heart.
Speaker 4: So well, this is great.
Speaker 1: You know, your Praternal Order Eagles is a really cool club here in town. And the way you got yourself situated, you're right there on the second street right and you can always tell when you're in operation. There's cars man. You guys have full houses here.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 6: We have a lot of Bengo players like to have a lot more.
Speaker 5: Every Friday and Monday sixth thirty four early birds and seven thirty four our regular Bengo. If it's your first time, come in. We'll give you a dobb or get you started, and I promise you'll have fun. We're non smoking, so don't worry about that. Anybody's gonna be smoking around you. And we invite all smokers down. We just have to go outside to do it.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, I like to key on some key things real quick. We've our Black Friday being go. We're gonna we're gonna do some different stuff this Black Friday. That that Friday night, our Bengal start at six point thirty like normal. We're gonna offer a couple other different games that we normally don't offer that night, and.
Speaker 2: We're also going to have a big rifle.
Speaker 3: We've got some some tickets that we're selling for twenty dollars a ticket, and we've only printed two hundred of them off and the prize that you'll win if you're one of the two winners is a five hundred dollars gift card. So it's a it's a really neat deal. You don't have to be present to win. And then Rick has came up with this, it's a really neat, really neat bingo. We're going to have it on December the seventh. It's one hundred dollars and that can That includes the meal that we're gonna serve, which is going to be really good, and then it includes forty of the bingo games that we're going to offer.
Speaker 2: It's going to kind of be like our speedball.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna be played as fast as our speedball, so you can buy extras if you want.
Speaker 2: And then we're going to have three other.
Speaker 3: Bingos that night that will be one hundred dollars payouts, and you'll be able to buy cards for those at the when you come come through and get your cards, you'll be able to buy those. But all of this money that we're raising this time of year, all of that money goes.
Speaker 2: Directly to our food baskets.
Speaker 3: We usually give out around seventy five food baskets a year, and they're valued at somewhere between one hundred and fifty and one hundred and seventy five dollars this year. We have no idea what they're gonna cost because food has went up so much. We talked about it in our last meeting, and it's incredible on.
Speaker 2: How much the food has went up.
Speaker 3: We've got a lot of people in the community that's reached out for their names to be put on the list, and we have to we have to select, you know, the people that get them. And we're not talking about families that are already being helped. We're talking about families that are you know, older families that don't have anybody in the house anymore, that don't go anywhere, or are fixed income, that are you know, some of these people that are on fixed income, they make less than fourteen hundred dollars a month and they don't have a they don't have a holiday meal, and they don't you know, people people like that, they get forgotten and it's you know, it's a soft time of the year, guys.
Speaker 1: So that's that's great, you know, because sometimes people just assume, well, you know, you're in your golden years you're taking care of necessarily the case.
Speaker 3: No, not everybody's got golden years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all these baskets go go to people that really really need them.
Speaker 6: And like I said, we take them to Koke and Dowey.
Speaker 5: We've got no wat to Obviously, we're going to Barnesdall and you know where I'm talking about there that family will definitely receive something, and we.
Speaker 6: Know there's a lot more out there.
Speaker 5: But like I said, the price is getting so high. But we did not cut the the basket any If it was ten thousand last year and twenty this year, we'll spend twenty thousand to feed these people.
Speaker 4: That's amazing, It's really amazing.
Speaker 1: So you guys get the old shopping carts and go out kind of like the army.
Speaker 6: No, that is the good thing.
Speaker 5: Bad. I'll give Homeland a shout out right over there.
Speaker 6: We give them a list, they get it ready.
Speaker 5: We pick it up Friday, all the stuff that we can put in the boxes it's not cold, and then Saturday morning they meet us at three point thirty in the morning give us our cold stuff. We get it boxed up and our guys have it usually out the door by eight o'clock headed to people's houses and we'll hand those out on December twenty first this year.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's amazing. That's good strategy, logistics and teamwork there.
Speaker 2: Yes, Tony Cochran does a good job.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well he's got a care of us. He got a good team behind him, so we're proud of that.
Speaker 1: I don't know where I got you guys envisioned. You guys are just out there power shopping.
Speaker 5: In there, but you just years years ago they went to Bill's thrifty Wise. Yeah, and they all got carts and that's what they did. Yeah, they did when that's way paid. I've just heard war stories about that. But we let Tony take care of it.
Speaker 4: Homeland.
Speaker 6: I don't thought he met some surprizes here.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well that's good.
Speaker 3: But our our Black Friday Bingo last year we had over one hundred people. I think it's like one hundred and seventeen people. This year, we would like to have that number increased. Our bingo prizes. If you buy one of our large packs, it costs you twenty dollars. It's ten games of bingo. If you bingo in your single winter, that's two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: That you just won.
Speaker 3: And it's about a three hour you know, you're sitting in our Bengo hall for about three hours. We have a concession stand with sodas and stuff. You can also bring in your own drinks or your own food.
Speaker 2: We don't just I mean, we.
Speaker 3: Don't sit there and tell you know, there's a lot of peop bring that food in and they have a good time and it's kind of like a picnic inside the heated area. So and then our you know, we have Bingo every Monday and Friday. Every Monday and Friday at six thirty is our early bird. Brian Wats our early bird caller, and he does a great job. He he interacts with the crowd and he calls our speedball for us.
Speaker 2: He's a good guy. We also have then we got Rick here. He calls Bingo too.
Speaker 3: He he does a good job too. And you know, and then we got a guy that calls Bingo. His name is Bo Hughes and we call him Big Money Bow. He when he's calling, you can almost guaranteed bet he's going to give away one of our big jackpots that's on our backboard. We've got some big, big, big prizes back there, they're they're growing. Come down and play those those prize games and try to win.
Speaker 4: This is great.
Speaker 1: So you have a Facebook page for you for the Eagle site there six ten and you can get a lot of information including you know where yard there on Second Street and in the dates and times and what's the purpose of course of each and every Bingo event. But and plus you guys serve little food. Like you said, yea beverages.
Speaker 5: Have beverages, nachos, chili chips, popcorn probably the best popcorn.
Speaker 6: But like I said, it's and it's cheap. We're not We don't make verry.
Speaker 5: We just kind of sell it for what we have in it because, like I said, our big money.
Speaker 6: We're trying to raise us through Bingo to help.
Speaker 2: People and it is.
Speaker 4: It's going to great places too. You guys have been doing this for a little bit, haven't you where how long you've been in I got me involved in it going down here? Are you telling on?
Speaker 2: You yelling on? Three years? This will be my third year. I I enjoy it. It's it's a humbling experience.
Speaker 3: I h when I came into the Eagles. You know, I grew up on the farm, and my uncle kind of taught us, you know, do do the best you can every time.
Speaker 2: Don't slick on it.
Speaker 3: When you walk into the Eagles, there's a group of members already in there doing the best they can do. So to one up them, guys, you really got to work out hope.
Speaker 2: They've been doing it a long time.
Speaker 3: So I've you know, I've tried to do the best I can. And some of these older guys say, you know, I was working with a guy this weekend over at martinstall.
Speaker 2: He seventy six years old.
Speaker 3: I think he just had a birthday or he's going to have a birthday Thursday.
Speaker 2: I don't know which, but.
Speaker 3: He's sitting there out working me, and it's like, man, I need to up my game a little bit.
Speaker 4: Rick. How long you've been at it?
Speaker 5: Nineteen ninety seven, so yeah, you've been doing it for more than a me. Yeah, we got our I believe our oldest member right now is ninety.
Speaker 6: Four or five.
Speaker 4: Still keeping up with it.
Speaker 6: Oh he's he's yeah, we try.
Speaker 2: There's no way anybody can outdo him, I promise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And everybody in this community knows him.
Speaker 2: That's the deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh yeah, So you can't get away with nothing, no old man.
Speaker 5: But it's a good organization. We're always looking for members if you know, if you're just just hit us up.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: We have a women's side. We have an augxiliy. Women do a lot, a lot of stuff for us.
Speaker 6: It's a good teamwork with the women and the men.
Speaker 1: Well, it really sounds like it. It sounds like you have a lot of fun, good camaraderie and you're doing good things for the community. And oh, that's kind of what it's all about. Take care of one another, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yes, Yeah, And like I said, Maynard, I mean, Martin mentioned a lot of callers and stuff, and we got Maynor Tanner calls for us. We got a few more that we could name, but we don't leave him by out and we get back so.
Speaker 6: Oh I called them and go too.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 6: But but it's a good group. It's it's it's a it's a wonderful group of men and women.
Speaker 3: Hold on one second, sure, so John Courtney from No Wada he calls, and then we've got one of my favorite being callers, Rod Jenkins from Tulsa. He's out on vacation right now and I haven't seen him in a while. But John Courtney called last night and he's one of the he's one of the funnier callers because he does interact with the crowd and he's.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a lot of fun with these guys.
Speaker 3: Don't When you come into our bingo parlor and play, expect to.
Speaker 2: Have a good time.
Speaker 1: You will be entertained. Yes, and you could win some money. And yes, guys, thanks for being with us today.