Speaker 1: All right, and here we go with a Minnesota good bye. I want to just let you know that there's green little pieces of candy glass all over the studio, little tiny shards of candy glass, because we did a bit earlier. That is, we had Jonah Moray in the studio and then Bailey and I pretended to get into a little argument, and she picked up a wine bottle that looks like a real wine bottle but is made out of harmless candy glass and whacked me over the head. So we could kind of pull a prank on Jonah Moray and get his reaction. You can see that on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Probably, well, yeah, you can go back on our live stream and watch today's like full live stream. So probably go more towards a little bit towards the end, because it's going to be more in like the later part of the live stream, because we start live streaming at seven and this happened at like eight thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think Vonte'll have it up on our Instagram and Facebook as well later.
Speaker 1: The funny thing was, I won't spoil too much, but Jonah's reaction was just funny. It was just like it was just not what I expected. Was quite funny, So go check that out. All right, let's get into the emails. Here the heart of the Minnesota Goodbye, Sarah writes in got a couple of questions that have been in my mind and might be good for the podcast, and I love that. That is, if you've got questions on your mind and you think they might be good for the podcast, send them in Ryan's show at katwb dot com. Genuinely curious about the situation. Was this situation with Jenny's camper van and her relationship with Andrew? Are they sharing the van moving forward? From what I remember? They bought it together, so I'm wondering if they're going to continue to share it. I completely understand if you don't want to answer this question, We're not going.
Speaker 2: To share it. It's up to me if I want to keep it or not. I'm going to have to buy him out of it. I would gladly buy him out of it and keep it for myself. I'm just struggling with the maintenance aspect of it, because Andrew did take care of everything that. I mean, it's old, it's a two thousand and three and I don't know shit about vans, so I'm a little bit stressed about buying them out of it and having to main it, and like the guy who previously owned it, he was very adamant of, like this thing will last you for so fucking long as long as you stayed on top of all this stuff. And that was the stuff that Andrew took care of, and I took care of us, like being able to like live out of it, like having all the things we need and packing it up and making it cute and stuff. So I just feel like I'm up in the air about that. And it is an added thing. I gotta still pay like monthly insurance on it and stuff. So and my financial situation has also changed. So right now I'm still keeping it. I'm going to probably give it a month a couple, like a month or two and kind of figure it out, and then otherwise it might we might be selling it.
Speaker 1: I hope you don't have to sell it, because I know how much you love the experience, and even if you went by yourself, I.
Speaker 2: Love the experience. One thing I'll say, And I'm going to try to get through this without crying. There's too many memories with him in it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we can stop there. We can stop there. I totally get that. It's like, you know, the places like that, things like that can hold the very special, deep seated memories. So I totally get that. All right, Well, let's move on to something else here another random question from Sarah for some possible good conversation. Who was your sexual awakening i e. Character or celebrity that sparked butterflies for the first time mine? I was ten years old. It was David Bowie in the movie The Labyrinth. Oh yes, he is still so foign. As Bailey would say in that movie love listening to you every day? Okay, I I was probably in middle school. I know, I was in middle school and there was the New Mickey mouse Club on TV and there was a girl named Alison in the New Mickey mouse Club and she had like little bangs and kind of a bob haircut. If you look up New Mickey mouse Club Alison, you can see what she looks like.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's real cute.
Speaker 1: And that was the first girl that I ever like again. We were about to say mate, probably about fourteen, and I was like, Oh, she's so cute. I don't remember anybody ever like appealing to my sense of Oh my god, she's so cute before her Yeah, what about you?
Speaker 3: Mine's probably the first thing that popped in my mind was Cornelius from the Thumbollina movie, which is a cartoon, but I thought he was so fine. He was a fairy and he sang a song and that was beautiful. But like real life, probably John Travolta in Greece really when he like turns around after he's like leaning on the wall and he's got a cigarette in his mouth. I was like probably five years old watching that, being like that is the hottest thing I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: Isn't that funny? You don't really understand your feelings, but it's like, oh god, I just really like crazy out the womb? What about you? Jenny?
Speaker 2: Mine was Zach Effron Ephron in Summerland slash High School musical Now Late.
Speaker 4: You didn't like boys before then?
Speaker 2: Well, I was only I Well, I feel like sexual awakening. I don't know, I don't really remember, like I had crushes on boys, but I don't remember like watching some famous person when I was ten.
Speaker 4: And being like, oh, oh he's fine.
Speaker 2: I mean, like Summerline came out when I was like thirteen or fourteen.
Speaker 4: Wow. So then I feel like a creep because mine was like five years old. It's wrong with that.
Speaker 2: I just I feel like I don't remember thinking anyone was like famous was hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got him in your prime, or you got zac Efron in his prime.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Next email says, please don't say my name so we can definitely respect that. I was listening to the show replay and I figured i'd share my two cents about the jim Hogs because we were talking about guys at the gym, and it's mostly guys who hog the equipment and we'll, you know, like sit on the end of the bench and sit on the equipment and look at their phone. And somebody justified that by saying, you know what, I got a rest. I got to get my cardio back down or I won't be able to do an effective set. Okay, so there is some justification. I guess. They say, I go once a week, and I countered this and counter this time and time again. I'd argue it's a bigger problem on free weights and weight machines because there are up them, particularly ones where there's only one of its kind in the gym case. In point, A couple of months ago, I spent no joke, almost twenty minutes waiting for a machine that my gym only has one of is being hogged by this one infamous Jim Rat, whose presence is always known because of his loud, obnoxious voice in the fact that he never shuts up.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And after twenty minutes, I gave up and I found an alternate exercise. But the guy would do one set, chat with his Jim bros. For five minutes, then do another set, and so on. I tend to keep myself and I never spoke to his side f him. One time he stepped away from a bench, so I went to use it thinking he was done, only for him to come back and kick me off. Another pet peeve. If you're not done and need to step away for a drink, leave something there to claim it. Anyway, just wanted to add to the discussion because I find it kind of funny but slightly annoying. It's one thing to take a quick break between sets and use your phone, but another to sit there for links of time chatting and or texting. Moral of the story, remember, Jim could be respectful, do your workout and get out there.
Speaker 2: You can always chime in and be like, hey, do you mind if I work in a set here quick in between yours and ask? But I know that that's like uncomfortable for a lot of people, but trainers do that to me all the time. Like I'll be in the middle of like using something and then they'll realize that I was just using it and they're like, oh, sorry, you can work in one like like in between it.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: I get like the people who are because people were defending like machine hogs yesterday saying, oh, well, they have to, you know, breathe, they have to rest, they have to do that, so that's why they're sitting there on their phone. I just think if you're sitting on your phone and you're like, oh, I got to take a rest break, but then you get distracted by your phone, your rest break turns into like the length of three rest.
Speaker 4: Breaks before you start.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true, take.
Speaker 3: A rest break, fine, but don't look at your phone. Just sit there. Can't you just sit there and wait?
Speaker 1: Honestly, that's difficult. That's what we re goo to so much. I was at ukulele lessons last night and I got there about four minutes early, I sit in the hallway. Well, of course, what's the first thing I do. I pull out my phone.
Speaker 4: I just get bored by my phone eventually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. We do social media, so I'm always checking to see how the latest post did. I did one last night. It was very disappointed. I was very excited about this new magic trick that I got. Yeah, with the yellow sticks. And if you go look at my Instagram you'll see the yellow stick trick. Did you like it at all?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was trying to figure out how it happened.
Speaker 1: Well that's what it already does. Yeah, And I really thought that people would be like whoa, because when I saw it, I was like whoa. But I kept looking at it like before you classes, and it was like, eh, okay, nothing really there. But then we did something stupid like the fruit by the Foot challenge a month ago and it killed. And the one with Genny zapping me on the behind with a taser gun that killed too.
Speaker 2: Told you it was content, it was worth it.
Speaker 1: It's all kind of you're right content. I'm thinking the one with Joan Murray that might get some good interaction and views traction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hopefully all right, next one.
Speaker 1: Actually that's a little bit more serious. You're not going to deal with that one right now, so we'll do something a little bit more fun. You can use my name. Hello, my favorite morning show crew from Megan. I liked the Minnesota Goodbye last week with Vont Bailey and Jenny, so I thought I would point out things that I love about each of you. Dave, I love how you've been with all phases in life. I've been listening since i was eight and I'm thirty eight now. Well, you know, you think about it. When I got here, I had an infant, a toddler daughter. I had a nine year old daughter, and I had Chase wasn't even born yet. He was born about two weeks after I got here. Wow, and he's a dad now, which is really weird. And I was still eight years or so away from having Carson, so life is definitely changed. I was still a young dad back then. Yeah, and I wasn't married. Vont, you are such a good addition to the show. You're very eloquent until you stirred the pot boy take a right on a red light, ha Bailey. I love hearing your random show turn out bursts hilarious. Also, I relate to speech because my sixteen year old daughter is in speech and she goes to State at Shockapee in a week or so.
Speaker 4: Hey, same, I'll see her there. Tell her come say hi seriously, will you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because well I have four kids who are going to State, So have your daughter come and say hi?
Speaker 1: Okay. Then she goes to say and seriously. Bailey means that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know she's out somewhere. You might think, Oh, Bailey's working. I can't see, I can't say hi, I can't bother no, please feel free. Okay. Finally they get to Jenny. Let's see, I got to open up the right window again here, Jenny, Oh, Jenny, Jenny, Jenny. I think I relate to you the most. I love how you are always so kind and are able to be vulnerable with virtuals strangers. Keep up the good work, y'all. No dart licking here gross from Megan. All right, Megan, thank you appreciate that. It's very nice and something totally different. I mean, who doesn't want to hear what somebody likes about you? And I tell you I want to tell you two life hacks, and I'm going to see if I can remember both of them. So, remember we talked to somebody on the show the other day about their partner, their husband. I think her partner died, like suddenly died, and we were talking about grief, and I was one of the salespeople that works here. She said that her is the father of somebody that she know that died was listening that day. So, in other words, his daughter died. He was listening to the show that day. And he told this person, who then told me, when you meet somebody whose person has died, whether it's their mom, their child, their sibling, their partner, you don't know what to say. So you're like, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. And a lot of the time you put your foot in your mouth and say something like, but you know you're lucky you had enough time with you, something stupid. So they what he suggested that he really liked is, hey, tell me your favorite memory of them. What's your favorite memory of them? And I thought, wow, because everybody wants to keep their memory alive. So if you meet somebody who's lost their mom recently or lost their you know, sibling or partner or whatever, say what's your favorite memory of them? So my friend who lost her son in the motorcycle accident. I acted like it was out of the blue. And I texted her yesterday and we were talking about her son, and I said, what's your favorite memory? And she said, oh, my gosh, so many and she told me some very funny little stories. And so I really like that. Here's another little life hack. And I think I saw this on Instagram. How do you get people to like you? What do you do? What's the big mystery question? Like, well, how do you get people to like you? They say that when you're around somebody, you say something really nice about somebody who's not there, and that person will then attribute those those those things to you. So let me give you an example. Yeah, so let's say Jenny and I are hanging out and talking and Jenny doesn't know me very well. Yeah, I'd be like, you know that, Bailey, she is just the kindest, sweetest, hardest working person. Ever. Something inside our brains will make us think the person who is saying that has those attributes. Sure, yeah, does that make sense?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I should start complimenting other people when I speak to essentially strangers or acquaintances.
Speaker 1: That's what that's what the guy on Instagram said. Now I know the way that he says. It's brain science, and it's always nice to hear somebody say something nice.
Speaker 3: Say This good habit to get into is just to be like, think of others in a kind manner and then potentially even speak on it. I always say, I always tell other people like I don't think of it in the way like how to get people to like you, But if you can give someone a compliment, like give them a compliment to their face, like you could think it like, oh, Dave looks really nice today, or oh Dave did a really funny bit today and I really liked that. And thinking it is one thing, but why don't you say something and out because then you can make someone's day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think people sometimes forget how powerful that can be. So all right, next one and this is our last one. Just came in a minute to go, says hello radio family from another Sarah. Tonight, I'm going on a direct flight to Billings, Montana to get my new used car. My oldbum broke down about a month ago during rush hour on Portland Avenue off of four ninety four. I had a sinking feeling that would be the last time I'd be driving my very loved first car. I asked my parents if they would co sign for me as my credit score went down due to some unseen activity or lack of responsibility. They declined, but I persevered and found my dream car. My parents are very frugal and think that the car was a little bit excessive and too luxurious. This would be my second car that I paid for on my own, and I've never asked my parents for money or anything in my entire life. Tell me why I haven't told my parents. I'm flying out to go get this car, and I'm already nervous to pick up my kids with my new car from my parents this weekend. The judgmental look I can see on my dad's face is making me feel queasy. I'm thirty five. In less than a month, I make good money. Car is half the price of a brand new one. I feel like a little kid. Okay, nobody asked, But there's there's my troubles for this week. Anybody else have judging parents? That's from Sarah Sarah the MT. I think she means massage therapist. Okay, I can tell you a little story when I first got my first new car, my car broke down. The trade in value on my Volkswagon that broke down was twenty five dollars. Now, I didn't know that you can bargain with your trade in value. They offered me twenty five bucks. And I'm like, oh, Kurt, we stupid. Yeah, And so I go in and I got a Toyota Mr.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 1: If you want to look it up. It's a sporty little car that was popular back then. Toyota Mr two two seater, very sporty. I asked my dad, will you co sign for me? He said, no, you don't need a sports car. And I was so pissed and so hurt. You're looking at a sharp, liking.
Speaker 4: Car, right, I mean, yeah, it is. Actually it's not bad, it's cute.
Speaker 1: He said you don't need a sports car and he wouldn't co sign. So I was so crushed because he had loaned my brother and sisters many times, lots of money. But I didn't need a loan. I had my own money. I just didn't have any credit. So he wouldn't co sign, and I was just pissed and I hung up on him. I've never hung up or disrespected my dad. Ever. But I was so pissed I hung up, And the next morning, the car dealership calls and they said, hey, you know what, We're going to go ahead and let you get that car without a co signer.
Speaker 4: Oh nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, because they wanted to sell a car, and so my dad must have gotten, you know, chewed out by my mom. So he calls. He's like, yeah, I go so co signed for you, And I triumphantly said I don't need you to now, Yeah, but yeah, I totally get the whole thing. So she says, you know, why haven't I told my parents I'm flying out to get this car. I will tell you this, you're thirty five. That respect for your parents never goes away. No, even when my dad was frail and eighty eight years old and hunched over and had lost four inches of his height, I still was intimidated by him to a degree. Yeah, because you just always had that respect and fear in wanting to please your parents.
Speaker 3: Right, Like, I will never ever in a million years talk back to my mom. And anytime I swear in front of my mom, I feel weird doing it, so I just don't because I would never as a kid, I would never talk back to my mom. I'd never swear in front of her, and I never will.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I mean, other people are different.
Speaker 2: To certain people, but that's only because I think that they are being disrespectful in a way that I don't agree with. My mom isn't exactly the most PC person sometimes, so neither's mine either. I will always correct her, and when she fights me, I will fight back in those moments so that I have no problem with.
Speaker 4: I definitely, I definitely not fight back.
Speaker 3: But like if my mom says something that's you know, not, I will be like, hey, you can't say that, and then she just usually drops it because she doesn't want to get into a fight, and I don't want to get into a fight, and I wouldn't fight with her, so then it would just become far too awkward.
Speaker 4: But I know what you mean, Jenny, Okay, And.
Speaker 1: That is going to do it for the Minnesota good Bye thought starters, Emails, questions, something that's been on your mind. Maybe you're like, why is that this? Or have you ever noticed this? Or what about this? On the show? Love to talk about it. It's a lot of fun for us, it really is. I love doing the Minnesota Goodbye. Send anything you got on your mind to Ryan's show at KDWB dot com.