Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner clerk get them Dives makes the cat backhand sign, dusted off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 2: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 3: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 4: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 2: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 2: Come get it. If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 5: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 2: I got it?
Speaker 6: Best overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 2: Fans can line up to kiss our ring. You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 7: Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 8: Tim Kasi, everybody, and a happy Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino.
Speaker 8: Dodgers on Deck, your world champion Dodgers thirty two and nineteen on the season. Don't look now. The Dodgers have won three in a row. Their lead in the NLS has grown to two games over the Giants at After a marathon of a game last night in New York, the Dodgers are fueled up and ready to go to do it again in Queen's against the Mets. The catman Tony Gonsolin on the MOUNDA first pitch from Cityfield is coming up at four fifteen. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Maronggo Casino, Dodgers on deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup, David vas Sego's one on one. Well, Louise Cruz Dodgers Spanish announcer, we got your Dodgers magical moment. Rick Monday joins us throughout the show. Of course, a few minutes we'll hand out to the Gallpa Motors broadcast within here from Rick and Steven Nelson. Well last night in New York, better late than ever. Right as the Dodgers outlasted the Mets, Clayton Kershaw got the start, but lasted only two innings, not because of performance, but because of weather. Rain rain halted the game for an hour and thirty minutes. When it resumed in the third inning, bo starting pitchers Clayton Kershaw and Griffin Canning were out of the game. That made it a bullpen game the rest of the wind, something the Dodgers were not counting. On top of the third, Will Smith and infield single Dodgers grabbed the early one nothing lead.
Speaker 5: The very next batter to ask her and ends the two two ground ball at third.
Speaker 1: That's in the left field underneath the glove, oh the third basement. Betty show Hay scores Freddy behind him. Two more on the board thanks to tail and a three nothing Dodger lead, and.
Speaker 6: Betty just did not get the glove down quickly enough, so the reaction time not quite there. They have with two strians. As you mentioned, the Oscar Hernanez gets a couple of runs on top. So that's three here in the third and they're not done yet.
Speaker 5: No, they weren't.
Speaker 8: The two run signal from Tay Oscar Dodgers a three to nothing lead the metso would chip away with a home run in the bottom of the third. Then in the fourth inning, a wild sequence at City Field.
Speaker 9: Let's see a payoff Alonzo high in the air right field, mar Table hag to asker, Hernandez settles underneath it makes the catch, his throw a double clutch to throw.
Speaker 1: Home play it to play, Hey got him holes from Hernandez in right field. Wait a second, now they're saying.
Speaker 4: They're going to award home plate.
Speaker 9: Third paced umpire Trip Gibson is telling Max Munsey he did something Munsie's now in dispute. Dave Roberts is gonna come out of the dugout and join this conversation.
Speaker 6: They're gonna say that there was obstruction on Muncie and Munsey's pleading his cases and he was well off the bag.
Speaker 8: He was off the bag, but for some reason they called obstruction because he couldn't see the right fielder. As it was, it was not a double play. It was a sack fly scarring Marte. The Mets would get around the board wild sequence there, it's a wild game in the fifth with Dodgers get that run back, Max Munsey and RBI single.
Speaker 5: Then Andy Paie has got into the fun.
Speaker 9: So he deemed that that months he was kind of actively or intentionally interfering with the eye line of Marte trying to tag it third, first and second. Still Andy Pie has first.
Speaker 1: Pitch ripped a left field ta Oscar herd Ends gets the green light. He's gonna score, and the Dodger lead is back to three, five to la as this two out rally continues.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're gonna challenge the arm of McNeil just about every time.
Speaker 8: He he's got a noodle arm and left. Why not RBI single for Pies. Dodgers backup three five to two, is their lead able to wait remain that way, And after Benkisparius's three shutout innings Dodgers of five to two in the bottom of the ninth, Tanner Scott on relief, the Dodger closer struggled again, giving him three runs in the inning. The Mets tied the game, so extra innings they went in the Queen's Dodgers of Mets each failed to score in the tenth, the eleventh, and the twelfth. The Dodgers defense came up big in the bottom of the twelve, turning to double play with five infielders to get out of a bases loaded jamp to send it to the thirteenth. Then at the top of the thirteenth, Dodgers finally broke open the tie game thanks to tail.
Speaker 9: The pitch, they Oscar rips it fair down the line into the left field corner.
Speaker 5: Here comes Will Smith.
Speaker 1: Finally somebody breaks through and they wear Dodger blue.
Speaker 6: And he doubled up on the changeup and the Oscar Hernandez jumped all over it.
Speaker 5: Yes, he did.
Speaker 8: RBI double for ta Oscar. Dodgers up six to five. Two batters later, and he pot has a sack fly Dodgers push across the run to take a seven to five lead. In the bottom of the thirteenth, Luis Garcia on in relief, still fly out, ground out, then a line drive out.
Speaker 5: To center field to end the game. Dodgers win.
Speaker 8: They beat the Mets last night, seven to five and thirteen innings a game it took four hours and eight minutes, not including the hour and thirty eight minute rain delay.
Speaker 5: With the win, the.
Speaker 8: Dodgers now thirty two and nineteen two games up in the division. No rest for the weary Dodgers. Back at it again at City Field in New York, Game two of this three games. We said, Tony gonsol on the mountain with more. Let's head out to the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth as we say hello and welcome.
Speaker 5: In Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday. Guys.
Speaker 9: All right, Tim, hey, happy to report a couple of things. One, we're awake and we made it to the ballpark after game one. But two, most importantly for this Saturday is that the skies are blue. The sun is shining on City Field, So knock on wood, we will not have an hour thirty eight minute rain delay like we did last night. Rick Monday, the Dodgers and Mets played what is tied for the longest game in Major League Baseball this season, thirteen innings, forty players, seventeen pitchers used between the two clubs. Ultimately, though a win is a win is a win, and the Dodgers got it, is it over yeh?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 10: Yep, I think it is.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: You know what it's really amazing is that we had a few chuckles as long as it was. I mean, the first set of buses left here in New York at one thirty in the morning, right after the ball game.
Speaker 2: They had a firework. YIM a lot of people that stayed. You know, God love him.
Speaker 10: I wonder if anybody slept over here last night.
Speaker 6: There may have been there may have been. It was chilly, it was wet, there was no question about it. We saw some good plays, We saw some weird plays. We saw some calls overturned by the umpires. We saw a rule coming into effect two different times, one on a catch and the other one with interference on Max Mounsey. We found out after the ballgame that Max talking to him, he said Trip Gibson, the third base umpire, was also going to call the obstruction on Baty, the third baseman for the New York Mets, but the runner happened to score a cold I had never seen before in Major League baseball. I've never seen it in collegiate baseball, and it was a strange one indeed. So hopefully they get the job done in nine innings. But the big thing is Dodger's first place in the West by two games over the Giants, three in front of San Diego, Arizona six back. And for the Rockies, they can't wait to hear the national anthem next year.
Speaker 9: I just can't believe to move on from that call, Trip Gibson, No, I mean, we have to, but does he work?
Speaker 2: Bring it up later on?
Speaker 11: Does he work?
Speaker 10: If he's working home plate tonight, I'm not.
Speaker 6: Gonna he's at second base tonight, and he'll be at first base tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Right, great, thankfully, that's amazing.
Speaker 9: The Dodgers have won three or four games to kick off this stretch mow of twenty nine straight games against teams with winning records. I thought that was a really important win for him last night, especially after almost bobbling it and fumbling it in the ninth inning to kind of put them in position to win the series today. But this is that by far the toughest stretch that they'll have during the regular season.
Speaker 6: I totally concur and I think you can really emphasize that a little bit more because you're looking at the fact you haven't overworked bullpen had to work again last night. In fact, the Dodgers the only team if you're looking at the starting pitchers that have averaged fewer than fourteen outs per start. Now that's four and two thirds innings. So when you start to look at the workload of the bullpen, consider the fact again starting pitchers had averaged less than fourteen outs per start, and for Dave Roberts says, look, one of the big problems are having and hopefully Gonsolin does not fall into the trap. Tonight, Roberts is saying, Look, we're working behind in the counts the hitters way too often, and that's got to change.
Speaker 11: Tim.
Speaker 9: We'll get it back to you on this note about the bullpen, Mo just reference. Last night was the nineteenth time this season that the Dodger penn has covered five.
Speaker 10: Plus innings of a game.
Speaker 4: The team is fourteen and five.
Speaker 9: In those games, you again have to tip your cap and thank your lucky stars, count them for the work that the Dodger bullpen has done. And it was the tenth time that the bullpen has covered six plus innings in a game. The Dodgers are eight and two. The Dodger bullpen one of, if not the biggest MVP so far in the twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 10: Game one a win. I'll try and do it again here in Game two.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you Nelly, as we count you down to first pitch.
Speaker 8: Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shakys Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck, you are gonna hear from Davidsay you'll.
Speaker 5: Go one on one with Luis Cruz.
Speaker 8: Former Dodger. Now to Dodgers Spanish broadcaster. We'll dive deeper to this pitchy matchup. Your magical moments coming up, but up next to your Tani Rewe So leading up to first pitch from Queens, New York on this Saturday Dodgers and Mets.
Speaker 5: First pitch at four fifteen. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 8: I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio know.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 4: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: It's the Dodgers and Mets, Game two of this three game weekend set. Hopefully not a redo from last night. It came to took almost five hours out of rain delayed. Dodgers end up winning that one in thirteen Indians. Thank goodness. Tony Gonsolin and David Peterson. The pitching matchup in this one this afternoon. First pitch from New York coming up up at four fifteen.
Speaker 4: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 9: The Vera came in in the eighth, sent the Dodgers down in orders. He retired the first four he's seen now Otani on a two to one that is smoked to right field, the one out bait hit for show Hey, one oh four off the bat for old Tani as his first hit of the game. He's on for a second time in the game.
Speaker 8: Show Hey Otani last night goes one for five, also on base will via a walk a run scored as the Dodgers went it in thirteen innings last night, outlasting the Mets in New York seven to five. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? How about calling eight seven seven Cars for Kids Right now. Friendly agents are standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K Cars for Kids. Donate your car today, still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll break down this pitching matchup Tony Gonsolin on the prowl tonight.
Speaker 5: At Cydney Field. David Basse goes one on.
Speaker 8: One with Luis Cruz, Dodger Spanish broadcaster, one of the good guys out there. Get his thoughts on this Dodgers team up until Memorial Day weekend. But up next we'll get you an injury report. It's the Dodgers and the Mets from New York. First pitch at four fifteen. I'm Tim Kaysin's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 11: On Deck.
Speaker 4: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 8: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Den continues on this Saturday afternoon leading up to first Pitcher New York Dodgers and Mets Morongo Casino Resorting Spa a Grand Slam for a good times first Pitcher, City Field set for four fifteen.
Speaker 7: Yis it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report?
Speaker 8: Were it my UCLA Health official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. All Eyes on Show, Hey, O Tani will not throw it today because of the marathon of a game last night, but we hear he's scheduled to throw tomorrow.
Speaker 5: More on that coming up.
Speaker 8: Let's heep back out to City Field and check out the Dodgers skipper Dave?
Speaker 3: Do you think the questions for Dave?
Speaker 2: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 7: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: I think the common thread to start is.
Speaker 12: There is a value in runs better for them. I think that they really value getting a hit and driving in a run, and they really have the uh, they're just good hitters.
Speaker 2: And I think that.
Speaker 12: This day and age guys just don't value driving in a run and they don't know how to get a base hit. And I think those two guys are very good at it.
Speaker 13: You expecting most fending numbers and mantaulers on the most things.
Speaker 11: Where is an.
Speaker 12: Inevitable Yeah, I think there's an inevitable regression with those numbers. But I still feel that the intent the focus in those situations.
Speaker 4: I think Bobby, is he here just for lane or is given kind of the state of.
Speaker 2: The right life length?
Speaker 3: As a team they're hitting over three hundred.
Speaker 2: Point of emphasis. I think.
Speaker 12: I think it's the collection of guys we have. I think it's also a mindset. I think Mookie's obviously a very good hitter, and you've got to be able to drive runs in.
Speaker 2: You've got to be a good hitter.
Speaker 12: I think Freddy is as good as a comments being a good hitter and driving runs in. So I think those guys right there are are are Maine, and I will say this is Max Munsey has become a much better hitter recently in my opinion, and you're starting to see some basics and better efficiency driving when runners are in form position.
Speaker 8: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts talking to the media just moments ago there at City Field. When we continue, you here Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck, we'll check you with David vat say it's the very latest as we lead you up to Dodgers and Mets from New York. I'm Tim Kase.
Speaker 5: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 2: Now, as we.
Speaker 7: Were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: Dodgers and Mets from New York, Tony Gonsolin, David Peterson, the bitching matchup. We'll dive deeper the numbers coming up in about thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: First pitch set for four fifteen.
Speaker 4: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 5: All right, DV.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers last night used almost all of the relievers going into the rest of the series, the rest of this road trip.
Speaker 13: You need a little insurance, right, Yeah, And they brought in Bobby Miller. We talked about this during the rain delay that even if the Dodgers won that game yesterday, they were in a bad spot and we're going to need a fresh arm, and they decided to go with Bobby Miller, and it just reinforces what we've been talking about how the Dodger farm system right now is not as deep with pitching as it was a year ago at this time because of how so many of the young pitchers had been hurt last year, and really guys like Nick Frosso who had a great spring training have not had a great regular season. Frosso's struggled to throw strikes and that's the reason why he was not the option to call up, But Bobby Miller was.
Speaker 3: And I know Bobby's had an.
Speaker 13: Up and down type of career and has struggled since his rookie season. A lot of people believed him that maybe Bobby Miller future in Major League Baseball would be pitching out of the bullpens. So this could be a convenient way of the Dodgers finding a way to ease Bobby Miller coming out of the bullpen. But we'll see how it goes. He hasn't had a great minor league season either. His last outing was his best six scoreless innings. He did walk four in that outing, so he's had trouble throwing strikes as well. But they're in a tough spot and that's the reason why they called them up.
Speaker 5: David is driven by fourth. There's one thing we like.
Speaker 8: Its choice is fine, yours with the four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this March, he'll only be called the f one fifty. Last night, another blown save Tanner Scott. David how consured. Should we be right now about him?
Speaker 13: Yeah, we should be concerned, considering that he only had two blown saves last year and already has four blown saves this year. Something happened this year where the Dodgers worked on trying to get Tanner Scott to throw more strikes, not walk as many batters. They've succeeded on that front because he's not walking nearly as many batters as he was last year, but his velocity's down two ticks from a year ago. And what's up is the exit velocity off hitters' bats from a year ago, and he's got to find a way to get that fastball down again.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what the game plan was.
Speaker 13: Nobody has been really candid with me about what adjustments they made with Tanner Scott. But whatever adjustments they've made, it hasn't fully clicked yet because this is not the same guy we saw a year ago.
Speaker 3: That is one hundred percent sure.
Speaker 8: Dave we teased it showey Otani was supposed to throw a live BP today.
Speaker 5: What's the latest of that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, when the Dodgers finish a game at one thirty in the morning on the East Coast, that kind of wiped out them getting back to the ballpark early today and having time to make that live BP happen. Dave Roberts said that they plan on doing it tomorrow, but it's a day game, I guess. I mean it is a night game, so Sunday Night Baseball. They will have time tomorrow to try to get that live BP.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 8: Time now for the Dodgers derby, brought to you by Santa Anita Parker. Picking a race to see who can win head to head David and I. We're picking tomorrow's fourth race at Santa Anita six furlongs on the dirt.
Speaker 5: Currently it's a seven horse race. Who do you like?
Speaker 3: TV, Let's go with number two running Super.
Speaker 5: Some running super.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go with the number one horse, Lovin on the Run, the Doug O'Neal horse, Lovin on the Run.
Speaker 5: Good luck to you, DV.
Speaker 8: Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita Park. It's every Friday through Sunday with millions in payouts every race day. Just a few more weekends left here in the spring session. Get out to the track for the Belmont Day Wine Festival, Father's Day on Closing Day experiences at Santa Anita dot Com. Slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. You're in here for Luis Cruz Stana Dodgers Spanish broadcaster will dive deeper to this patching matchup, but up next to Dodgers Magical Moments. Dodgers Met from Cityfield in New York. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: Wrong O Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: It's a Dodgers and the Mets from City Field in New York. Tony Gonsolin and David Peters in the pitching match. The first pitch coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 1: Without a hot dog.
Speaker 7: Who wants the hot cod It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment.
Speaker 4: Pitch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Jobs.
Speaker 8: Well Today at the Pasadena Comic Con are our very own callin ye got to see and meet Jerry Mathers the Beaber from the iconic Leave It to Beaver TV show. Jerry a big Dodgers fan, and if you haven't seen it, then Leave It to Beaver episode where the Beaver calls Don Drysdale collect in the Dodgers Clubhouse from nineteen sixty two. Little Dodgers' History there for you, But that's not the magical moment. April twenty first, last year Dodgers playing host of the Meta Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers would win the game ten to nothing. Tyler Glass now eight shutout innings, ten strikeouts. On that April day, though, Show Hey Otani set a baseball milestone.
Speaker 9: Nothing won the count on Otani lux leaning off, first thought about going stage, and Otani.
Speaker 1: Turns on the ball deep bright field into the pavilion. Halfway up the pavilion. Nobody moved. They just watched it fly. A two run homer for Show, Hey Otani.
Speaker 9: It's two nothing Dodgers, four hundred and twenty three feet for Show, Hey Otani, and a little slice of history with that homer.
Speaker 10: With that long ball, his one hundred.
Speaker 9: And seventy six of his career, the most ever for a Japanese born major leaguer.
Speaker 8: How about that one hundred and seventy six career home run last year for show Hey Otani against the Mets, passing the Deki Matasui for the most by a Japanese born Major leaguer. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot Talks, Haffe so cow'son local treasure for nearly one hundre years Hofey Hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back in with Rick Monday from leading up to first pitch on this Saturday from New York Dodgers and Mets. I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 8: Dodgers and Mets. Tony Gonslin David Peterson, the left hander. The pitching match will dive deeper in the numbers for both of them coming up first pitch with city field is set for four to fifteen still to come.
Speaker 5: We'll get you the keys to the game.
Speaker 8: You're gonna hear from Luis Garcia, former Dodger now Spanish broadcaster, prefer and now.
Speaker 7: Joined by David Masseying. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 13: Sometimes when the best broadcaster on a game is in our back pocket or in our broadcast food, sometimes you take it for granted, especially when there are not obvious plays being made. And that's why we are so grateful for the experience to have Rick Monday on our broadcast where we could find things out without having to wait for an umpire in some zoom room to explain things to us.
Speaker 3: Rick, how you doing today.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it. Do I owe you twenty dollars or something? I mean, I can't.
Speaker 6: Believe this build up that you're talking about. And quite frankly, last night, if you're referring to the fly ball to right field that Michael Confordo was at third base, fly balls hit the right field, the right field in the center field to come together right the ball hits the glove, it pops up into the air, and then someone reaches out and grabs the ball before it hits the ground. Well, Confordo left as soon as the ball make contact with the glove, and then after that it popped out of the out of the glove, it's in mid air, and literally I knew the rule that you can leave as soon as contact is made the baseball on the glove, and why it took people in Major League Baseball, and why it took professional umpires as long as it took them is beyond me.
Speaker 3: Rick, Are you serious?
Speaker 13: You've known that rules since Little league? Had you ever seen it in a major league game before?
Speaker 6: Yes, I've seen it in the major league game before. I saw it in a collegiate game before, and even in college ball, we knew the rules. I had a scout, David tell me about three weeks ago, and I just had this conversation with how he rose with the New York Mets. A scout told me, he isa, you know, in our organization, not going to name the organization.
Speaker 2: It's not the Dodgers. That's as far as I'll go on that end of it.
Speaker 6: It says, you know, we don't teach fundamentals and we don't teach rules, and evidently there was a big void in rules. And I would suggest anyone I've said this before, if you know a baseball fan, do them a favor. Buy them a Major League Baseball written rule book and have it it's fascinating reading and to be able to do that. And the rule on the ball hitting the glove and then caught in mid air is rule five point zero nine.
Speaker 2: Look it up. It's basic.
Speaker 6: And I have no idea why it took so long with people that got professionals to get it sorted out.
Speaker 13: I know Confordo sometimes has that deer in the headlights.
Speaker 3: Look, but when he was standing at third.
Speaker 13: Base and Dino Ebel was talking to him, do you believe he knew the rule or do you think he was a little unsure after the hold.
Speaker 2: Up, I'll guarantee you do. You know Ebel knows the rule?
Speaker 6: What about Conforta, I didn't talk well, Confordo took off. I mean, there was just heads up base running. The other part too, is it was heads up base running by show heey Otani who went he tagged up at first and went to second base and a very poor tag at second base. Otani was safe on them. The Dodgers did a lot of things right in last night's ballgame, which seems like it ended only about twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 3: All right, let's fast forward to after the rain delay.
Speaker 13: There was another weird call by an umpire Trip Gibson at third base Taoscar Hernandez threw a perfect strike to nail Starling Marte at the play, but Trip Gibson said Max Munsey obstructed the view of Marte. That seemed to be a reach, and there seemed to be, from our vantage point Rick a lot of daylight for Marte to see Hernandez make the catch.
Speaker 6: Well, it was not as if Max Munsey was looking at the runner and trying to purposely get in front of him. Munsey was four or five feet in front of him, and the rule Gibson technically made the correct call.
Speaker 2: According to Major League.
Speaker 6: Baseball rules, if a player not fielding the ball impedes the progress of any runner, the ball is ruled dead and that runner would be awarded an extra base. There's a rule that said to increase the emphasis last season, Well, we've not seen that call.
Speaker 2: I'll give you this update.
Speaker 6: So they're saying that the runner gets the one base because, in Trip Gibson the third base umpire's judgment, Munsey was blocked the view of the runner as the catch was being made down the right field line. I think that's personally I look at as a bunch of Hooeye, and then Max Bunty told us last night as we're waiting for the buses to leave at one thirty in the morning to go back to the hotel that trip. Gibson was also going to make another call of the same type of instruction on Baity, the third baseman for the Mets, but the runner scored therefore negated him having to stop the game. He was going to call it twice in one game. I've never seen it called even once in the game ever.
Speaker 13: I was wondering what was happening on that play when Taoscar Hernandez tagged up in the thirteenth because dino Ebel was in trip Gibson's ear. I was wondering if he was still trying to make the point about what happened earlier in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it may have been.
Speaker 6: And the other part too, is is it maybe dino Ebl found out subsequent to that one play that Gibson was actually going to call interference for blocking the view of a runner.
Speaker 2: Honest to goodness, I mean, it's.
Speaker 6: Not like you're holding up a four x eight piece of plywood where the guy cannot see the catches being made down the line by the way. Gibson also told Munsey, this comes from Max Munsey. Gibson told Munsey that he had absolutely no reason to be around the bag at that time, and Munsey said, you're the umpire, I'm the third baseman. I have responsibility to be in this area in case there is an appeal that's made to third base, or in case the throw comes to third base. I can't read the mind of the outfield or know what, but the third base coach, you had no business to be around the bag. That's a bunch of hooey. Oh And while you've got me going, Steven Nelson and I were talking about the fact when our umpire is going to realize that they are miked up, and if there's something happens on the field, why keep forty thousand plus in the stands, plus all those are listening on the radio, plus those that are watching on television in the dark. Either use the microphones and explain what's going on with field, or take the microphones away.
Speaker 13: Hey, that happens in every other sport except baseball on a regular basis, and the stadium entertainment.
Speaker 2: Tell I'm a little fired up there, David.
Speaker 13: Hey, I like it, and Brad Paisley, a big Dodger fan, said you were really feisty last night and he loved it. And I'm sure he's loving this feistiness right now too.
Speaker 6: I tell you what, go after the broadcast, just like Brad goes to his performances on stage, it's a wonderful time. Hopefully we see him very soon. We see him from time to time. But Dodger Stadium terrific entertainer, wonderful guy on top of it. So it's nice to know that, hey, there's someone actually out there listening.
Speaker 13: No doubt, and you better listen. You might learn something with Rick Monday on the call. Thanks Rick, See we had something for you.
Speaker 3: That truck still works up there.
Speaker 2: Got us fired up here in the Big Apple. Take care of bell you too.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you a little bit later in the show.
Speaker 13: First pitch coming up at four fifteen, Tim, we'll send it back to you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you want to see Brad pays leave Friday June sixth at the Great Theater in concert, maybe before after a Dodger game. I don't know what time he will go on, but Brad Paisley Friday, June six right here in southern California at the Greek. That's the Dodgers game plan. Dodger fans, you need a game plan to start your future to California Community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill quickly. So on roll today, I can go to college dot com. Still to come here. On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup Nelly and Rick lob the He's the game. But up next we go high and tight with Luis Garcia Luis Cruz. Luis Cruz will be joining us next Dodgers and Mets first pitch in four fifteen of Tim Kase, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio noway.
Speaker 7: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: Dodgers and Mets, Game two of this three game series won in thirteen Indians. Last night in the series opener Tony Gonsold on the mound. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zen She Sushi. Enjoy the game with a quick, affordable meal that the whole family can enjoy Zen She handcrafted sushi, made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with passion, precision, and a tradition. You can taste tuna rolls, spicy tuna rolls, the tempura shrimp, you got the poke bulls. Find Zen sheet near the deli counter at Ralph's Zen She hand Crafted Sushi. It's the best, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 7: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger.
Speaker 5: Player, It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This is high and tight.
Speaker 13: All right, we're joined right down by one of my favorites. He was great as a player, he's great as a person, and he's a great broadcaster. Number forty seven. Luis Cochito Cruz joins us. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 14: Oh, thanks, Dave. I'm happy to be with you right here. Uh you know, ready to for all your questions you got from me.
Speaker 13: Well, number one, the last time we spoke was during spring training.
Speaker 3: You were a rookie.
Speaker 13: Then you've got your feet wet in the broadcast booth. How are you enjoying being a broadcaster and not a player anymore?
Speaker 14: Well, He's been a transition that I'm enjoying a lot.
Speaker 11: I'm learning a lot from.
Speaker 14: Jose Mota and Pepe in Yigas and but I really like it because when I'm doing just analyzing plays and all this stuff. Basically, I studied my whole career baseball, and I love baseball, so I can I like it that I can, you know, transmit it to the people on the radio, and I like it.
Speaker 13: You know a lot of these players too, you played against them, you played with some. You also played in Japan when sho Hey Otani was there. What's the relationship you have with show Hey going back to then.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean we were we were playing in the same division there. He used to play for the nippunham Fighters and I was playing for Shibo Loota Marins, and uh we face each.
Speaker 11: Other like a lot.
Speaker 14: Like there's only six teams in UH in the Pacific League, six teams in the Central League, so we get to face each other almost every two three weeks, and uh, you know that we build that relationship. One of my good friends, Louis Mendoza, he was playing UH in that team with show Hey, and uh, you know, we always talk and he will start the day after show. Hey, and we always make fun, you know, like and when I faced show, how would tell him, you know, throw me.
Speaker 11: That fastball and we just he just laughed.
Speaker 14: He don't say much, but uh, getting to talk to him. I tried not to talk to him about you know, what's happening right now, but like everybody's he's talking to him like.
Speaker 11: How great he is. I knew it was going to be good. You know, it was going to be that good, you know.
Speaker 14: But I think we're still talking because he feel the confidence of of of me, like knowing.
Speaker 11: Him since back in Japan. So we just talked, you know. I asked him how you feel? How did you?
Speaker 14: I mean, how do you rehab going? In Japanese? Because I got to practice by Japanese, how.
Speaker 3: Would that sound? Give us a taste of how I would sound.
Speaker 14: I just saybo that means, how's do you?
Speaker 11: How's your shoulder? How's your arm? And he responds and it's.
Speaker 14: Like akachan dajaba too, like if your baby is okay? He's like and then I would ask him, uh, what does you like you are you slippy or something? And he's like no, like dau means Okay, so we kind of like, you know, I give him the the you know, the confidence, so he can you know, speak his English and my Japan English and stuff. And now we just we just have fun, you know, like I just want to I just don't want him.
Speaker 11: To, you know, to feel like I'm interviewing him, interviewing him or do something.
Speaker 14: And and and I think it's something that will have on in my side, Like I can talk to the guys and I never you know, I get information about, you know, the game, and and maybe I can use it, like if I see somebody using or doing something, like I tells car Hernandez practicing something and I was asking me, you know what, why are you doing this with your back leg or why you're finishing high?
Speaker 11: And then he will tell me. And I think, I don't know.
Speaker 14: I think I play in the I was playing five months ago, so so they know that I was playing. And we have the confidence of talking, you know, like talking about the game, about the swings, about positioning in the infield. And I like it and I'm enjoying every second of it.
Speaker 13: All right, Well let's go back to you and Otani in Japan. How did Louise cruz Do against Otani.
Speaker 3: The picture.
Speaker 11: Well, the first time, I remember, I was coming from.
Speaker 14: From playing in the big leagues and I faced him in a in like a preseason game, and he only threw like two innings and he threw fastball like a ninety nine slider cider I pop up or something to the right field and I and I remember telling my teammates, oh, this is Otani.
Speaker 11: I mean, it's not that.
Speaker 14: I mean, you see a lot of guys in the big leagues.
Speaker 11: Like him, and nah.
Speaker 14: Once the season started we got to face each other. He was on like like he was good, really good. But I got some hits off him too, and I get I hate a couple of doubles.
Speaker 11: And and we hit him good in the playoffs.
Speaker 14: Like I said, we faced him a lot, and uh, you know when you faced somebody a lot, I.
Speaker 11: Mean you kind of know when he's on.
Speaker 14: When his fast was on, when his breaking mos are on. But we got the confidence of of saying, like he would throw me at fastball.
Speaker 11: And I followed it off and I look at him and I.
Speaker 14: Said, Masugo, masuga, like, throw me a fastball. And when he was nasty, he would throw me that fastball and then he threw me that slider and he said, cusan.
Speaker 11: Today, you have no chance. So obviously that day, if I walk for.
Speaker 14: Me, it counts as a hit because he knew he was he had all this stuff, and you.
Speaker 11: Know, we build that relationship. You know, you knew me as a player.
Speaker 14: You know, I like to talk to my teammates or or all the other team because at the end of the day, it's a big Baseball is a game, and you're supposed to have fun with it. And I always have fun. And I think I'm having fun now doing what I'm doing from the booth and uh, and I want to keep learning from you guys.
Speaker 11: You've been doing it for a long time.
Speaker 3: You're doing a great job.
Speaker 13: And appreciate you sharing those great stories from Japan. And your Japanese is not Japanese.
Speaker 3: English, it's pretty good.
Speaker 11: How do you got those time?
Speaker 3: How I got to Luis Cruise? Thank you so much.
Speaker 14: And I'm so happy to see Clayton Kersha back. And he was one of the best, you know, teammates I had. And uh, when I came to the Dodgers, I remember getting to the clubhouse and I didn't have a locker and uh, Kersha clean up one of his lockers and he's like, hey, you just see it run next to me. So I was lucky enough to see run next to Kersha my year that I spent year and a half that I spent with the Dodgers. And you know, like maybe we built this relationship because we played ping punk together in spring training. Uh and we we well it was we were the finalists for the tournament and he beat me, and I got it. I got to talk to him like a couple of days, like two days before he start, and I say, Kershaw, whenever you retire, I'm gonna look for you so you can give me the rematch. And he's like, okay, we'll do So I'm like okay, So I'm just you know, like like being a former player, you have like a little insight to talk to them, you know, like you can talk about something else besides you know, how you feel, how you arm, how do you breaking well.
Speaker 2: How you leg?
Speaker 14: And then we just talk about different stuff and it made me feel good. And I want them to make to feel comfortable with me being there.
Speaker 13: You know, that's an amazing story. I never knew that about Kershaw. Cleaning out the empty lockers so you could sit there.
Speaker 11: He did, he did.
Speaker 14: I remember I got to the clubhouse each Poul was the club and he asked me, what are you doing here? Because I got called up and nobody knew and and Kirsha had it was the old stadium. It was the the you know, like the three the small lockers like the ones outside and uh, Kersha had one with shoes and then what with his stuff, and then he got another one pre renovation, Yeah, pre renovation before and UH say crazy, just see it right here, and he told one of the club is to clean it up. And I got to see it right next to him. You know, when he pitched, He got here like a twelve every day for a seven o'clock game. He puts his bags on and you know, like.
Speaker 11: It was it was.
Speaker 14: I was lucky enough to be there and play behind him, play there, play short and uh you know, have his uh friendship and getting to see him back again. Hopefully he get to finish his career with his uh three thousand strikeouts and I would love.
Speaker 11: To see it.
Speaker 13: Man, Louis Cruse, great baseball experiences.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the time.
Speaker 13: And I know everybody loves Cochito.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Davy.
Speaker 14: Everybody loves you because you're the man and you dress really nice.
Speaker 3: Not as good as co Chito cruise. I'll send it back to in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 3: DV.
Speaker 8: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 5: No better time to order right now.
Speaker 8: Enjoy a little Dodgers Baseball, a little Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast.
Speaker 5: When it's game night, it's group night. As shakys dot Com lean, you have.
Speaker 8: To first pitch from New York Dodgers and Mets up NAX will dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 8: I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: Dodgers and Mett squaring off in New York Game two of this three game weekend set. Dodgers took the opener the last night in thirteen innings. First pitch coming up in four fifteen.
Speaker 7: And now before the Dodgers hit the dinck. We look at the pitching matchup forres.
Speaker 8: It about your set in California, Toyota dealers work hard and play hard at a new Tacomo with an I Force turbocharge engine. It's a truck built for the bull, Old Sei or Toyota dealer.
Speaker 11: Today. They make it easy.
Speaker 8: Last night, the Dodgers use eight different pitchers. Well, the Mets deployed nine arms out of the pen, so both teams need their starters to pitch deep into tonight's game. It's David peters In, the twenty nine year old left hander, former first round picking the Mets in twenty seventeen out of Oregon two and two of the two eighty sixty r Ray his sixth season in the big leagues, making his tenth start this season. He's allowed three or fewer earned runs in all eight starts this year. Last time out, six innings, two runs, three hits, four strikeouts, four walks in a no decision against the Yankees. He's holding left handed batters to a one ninety five average. His fifth career appearance and fourth start against these Dodgers one to zero with the five to seventy four Era and sixteen strikeouts. Tony Gonslin goes for the Dodgers. Thirty one year old right hander two to oh the four h five erara his seventh season in the big leagues, and he's finally healthy, remember six hundred and twenty one days in between starts because of an elbow injury. Making his fifth start here in twenty twenty five. Last time out, four innings, four runs, three hits, three strikeouts, five walks in a no decision against the Angels on Sunday. Third career start against the Mets, he's won to know with a sub one ERA and eight strikeouts. He last faced him in July at twenty twenty three. Five innings, he allowed one run on two hits while striking out three in a no decision. Tony Gonsolin David Peterson, It's the Dodgers and Mets, Game two of this three game Memorial Weekend set. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch from Queens. He's to the game. Our next. I'm Tim Katson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 5: All season long Dodgers and Mets.
Speaker 8: We're getting closer to first pitch, Game two of this three game series. Tony Gonsolin, David Peterson on the mound. First pitch from City Field set for four to fifteen. Before that, we head back out to the booth Steven Nelison, Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Guys, All right, TC back here with Rick Monday as we approach first pitch at City Field. The Dodgers with a chance to lock up the series today. It'll be Tony Gonsolin for LA against the left hander David Peterson of the New York Mets. And the difference last night in Game one mole was the production with the runners in scoring position. The Dodgers are six for seventeen. That's a three fifty three clip. Meanwhile, the Mets continue to struggle. They've been the worst team in the National League with risk all year long. And that reared tug we had in extra innings and the Dodgers held him hitless and scoreless in three frames en route to that win. Tonight, Tony Gonsolin, he's gonna try and put back behind him a bit of a bumpy one last Sunday against the Angels.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I think also no decision the four innings, but he gave up four runs on four hits, walk five also, But I think the bigger issue may be and we may get an early sign. Remember in the bullpen warming up on Sunday, he had some dry skin on his thumb and he went ahead and pulled it off well as it continued to rub against the ball as he was making the pitches. A bloody thumb. Will find out if that's going to affect him. Tonight's had a chance to heal over the next to the last few days, but that could be a big issue.
Speaker 10: What other keys are you kind of keeping an eye on tonight in Game two?
Speaker 6: I think, first of all, if you're looking at Peterson going for the Mets, do not expand the strike zone because he gets a lot of chases at breaking pitches out of the strike zone, and if you start to go fishing, he's going to take advantage of it, So make him throw strikes. The Dodgers, when they are really running at all cylinders are selective as hitters.
Speaker 2: They need to do it again tonight.
Speaker 9: Looking at the lineup, obviously very different compared to Game one, and you can understand give them the thirteen innings. But you have Dalton Rushing behind the plate catching it's his fourth start, I believe as a rookie. So you have Kei k Rushing and Rojas as the last three of the order. Nor Will Smith's the Startmax Months on the bench, Michael Conforto as well, as they faced that lefty in David Peterson. But the Dodger penn Jack Dryer was the lone reliever not used yesterday. So the perfect scenarios that Tony Gonsolin ghost seven and then maybe Dryer can take it the rest of away whistle help.
Speaker 10: From the offense.
Speaker 6: I think both teams are saying, hey, look, let's get in the other sides a bullpens because they're both overworked and recently is last night.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the met bullpen used every single reliever last night. They actually made a move. Hennisis Corberra with DFA today by New York and so they're trying to add some fresh arms as well. For the last two games of this series. Game two of three, the sun is shining on us. They had a first pitch. We'll be back with you for it in a little bit tippering all right.
Speaker 8: Game two of this three game set Remember the Dodgers calling up Bobby Miller, called up from TRIPLEA Oklahoma City Matt Soer, who pitched last nights. They bring up Bobby Miller for some insurance and some long relief is necessary. He's there for the rest of the weekend and probably for the rest of this road trip, which.
Speaker 5: Will continue in Cleveland.
Speaker 8: On Memorial Day show, Hey Otani will lead things off of the Dodgers Ben. Remember the left hander David Peterson means limited left handers. That's why Keiky Hernandez getting the start at third base. Tommy Edmund the switch hitter in center field, Dlan rushing behind the plate. He'll be getting calling balls and strikes and pitches for Tony Gonsolin, who will be on the mound for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 8: Hopefully not another marathon like last night though. Dodgers Mets first pitch from Queens is next.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kasi's World champion in Los Angeles. Dodgers Audio Network