Speaker 1: This is WWE superstar Drew McIntyre and you're listening to the WWE podcast, the show, the one that everybody wants met for sixteen So guys, just well, your ass is mynd you can acknowledge me.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, and welcome to another main Event review with your host Daniel and today we're going to be obviously reviewing the events of Raw that happened last week, as well as the two matches that did appear on Main Event as well. I again hope you've had a lovely weekend and I'm a.
Speaker 3: Key for the super Bowl. For those who are Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Fans, probably by the time that this comes out, the results have probably been put in, so if you're whatever an Eagles or a Chiefs fan, congratulations in advance.
Speaker 3: Personally, I hope Philly Eagles do.
Speaker 2: Win would be very good as I think the Chiefs have had their time winning three in a row and I feel like it'd be good to have someone new and refreshing win the Super Bowl. But anyways, before we get started to the actual review, I do want to mention the wrestlers that have been released by WWE this coming week, which has been a bit of a surprise, but at the same time, the superstars that have been released is not something that I guess affects anything for I think the foreseeable future, starting with by Paul Allering, the authors of Pain of Akm and Rosa Razar being Albanion, which is a bit of a sad one for me, Cedric Alexander, who I haven't seen in years, so I'm surprised that he's actually still even on the Ross, and then the big one being Sonya Deville who did have a main event match today. That one was probably the biggest shot for me. Followed by also Blair Davenport, who literally was drafted to backdown last year, so not really sure why she's got the flick there, especially being a new superstar in the main card, and then Kyl Anderson and Luke Gallas as well, which I guess was probably over due to Eiler Dawn, which is a bit of a surprise. I guess Alba Phire is going to be rolling with herself for the foreseeable future. Giovanni Vinci, which is pretty hilarious because I saw them build up like three weeks of this blow coming back and he ended up I guess not being not being in the plans for WWE. So yeah, he came back, got hyped, lost two victories to Apollo Cruise within like three seconds, and yeah, now he's out of the WWE, So that.
Speaker 3: One was interesting.
Speaker 2: And then the last one being Electro Lopez, which yeah, I think is a difficult one. Like I did, like that Legada Pantasma had a woman to kind of manage them, but I guess in terms of her wrestling that wasn't really much. I know she had that one I think qualifying match and she didn't get any heat on her whatsoever. So yeah, those are the moves that have happened, and I guess moving forward we'll see who kind of takes the main event spots for the foreseeable future. But I just thought i'd quickly mention those before we get into it, and yeah, without further or adop, let's get underway. So we had the first match ironically between as mentioned, Sonya Deville and Natalia. Natalia getting the victory here with I think a roll up up pin there, and despite all the distractions that PFC did to Sonya to try help Sonya Deville win, the match obviously didn't happen. And that's how I guess Sonya Deville goes out in WW with a loss on main event to Natalia there and that has Natalia's second win in a row as well. Last week I did mention that it would have been just a hyper up for the Raw Rumble because obviously she entered, and now this week, probably because they're not having any plans for Sonya Deville, they're just making her go out in style losing to Natalia, which again is a bit of a shame. A lot of people weren't big fan of PFC, but personally I felt that having a heel faction for the women's division was something that was super interesting, and now that they don't have Sonya Deville.
Speaker 3: I don't see how this group can move forward.
Speaker 2: I know it didn't get much heat, but at the same time, I felt like they were underutilizing Sonya Deville big time because I thought that she.
Speaker 3: Was really really good on the MIC.
Speaker 2: For the past years, she's been a women's Champion, she's been a GM of the shows. So just a real surprise that they went with this decision. And now what will happen between I guess Shaneya Beza and Sonya and Sorry and Zoe Stark is going to be something that we're going to have to figure out because I don't see PFC yeah lasting and it didn't really do a good job to begin with, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a bit of a shame that one.
Speaker 2: I was excited to see how yes a heel staple like them would go in WWA, especially since there was a bit of rumblings about the Intercontinental Championship, and there was also a little bit of diffusion between each other as well, when a couple of weeks back, Jenny Deville said that I was Zoway Stark said that she wanted to win the Intercontinental title, and Sonya Deville kind of just questioned whether she was for the team or not. So I guess, yeah, that's going to be something we're gonna have to see in the future, and maybe they go their separate ways, or maybe they become a tag team. We are in need of women's tag teams still. You can see that Naomi and Bianco Bellay haven't defended their titles it feels like in over a month now, so maybe there'll be some competition for those titles with so We Stuck and Shane the Basler. We then move on to Raw over to Raw and it starts with Jimmy Us entering the ring. And I've got to say, since Jimmy ju so.
Speaker 3: Sorry, said Jimmy. Since Jus has.
Speaker 2: Won the Royal Rumble, him coming out to every show having like an over ten minute entrance has been nothing short of awesome. And this is why I'm kind of happy he did win the Royal Rumble because he had so much heat before the Rumble and now that heat has gone higher than it's ever been before.
Speaker 3: So props to Jus for we win the Royal Rumble. Props the WW with going with.
Speaker 2: A curveball move to give him the victory there despite a lot of hate, and you can see what he's doing with juson all the fans that are going out to watch him. The place is electric. So he comes into the ring looking very emotional, which makes sense because, yeah, he's worked a long time to get here.
Speaker 3: He's been in the WW for so long.
Speaker 2: He's obviously been an attack team champion and attack team wrestler for a long time with his twin brother, so having that chance for him to push over as a single star has been amazing. So he pulls out a promo mentioning that yeah, he worked really hard to get to the spot, and he was emotional with tears in his eyes. As mentioned, he said that it's he got it because of the fans, and his tears and eyes are saying thanks to the fans. He also was very emotional when the crowd was obviously cheering that of for him. He said, because of the fans, he's a twenty twenty five Roll Rumble rinner and he's going to WrestleMania for the main event. And then we get Ghanzan that walks down to the stage, comes in and basically mentions that he's disappointed that Jauso won the Roller Rumble. This was a really really good angle because he did mention that he was trying to build a legacy and that superstars such as Roman Rain, Seampunk or John Cena would have added to Gansa's legacy. But now that Jay's won it, he's got essentially everything to lose and nothing to gain. Well, j Uso has everything to gain and I guess nothing to lose. The funniest line of the thing was that he told that Jay that he put him down like a disease dog and essentially was basically threatening him if he was to choose j U of J so was to choose Gunsa to fight for the title, and this one's going to be very interesting. We all know that j us He's going to choose Guntha and they're going to fight at WrestleMania. He does mention that he's going to go and see what code he's got to say, So they're obviously going to hype up Juso questioning whether he wants to fight Gunsa or not. But he is going to fight Guntha. And basically, I think the way this is going to go is guns is going to put Juso through so much before WrestleMania, not similar to kind of the KOFE Mania around, the only difference being that obviously Vince Pacmann was the one that kind of made Kofe go through all all the struggles and bits to get this championship shot. So I think it's gonna happen in Gunther's control, in Gunsn's ways, and I think we're all going to be set to believe that Jayusai is gonna suffer. He's not going to be able to make it to WrestleMania. He's not good enough. Gunther's a whole lot better than him, and then come WrestleMania, he might win the title. But this one's hard for me personally because I really love Gonza and I really love the run he's having with the championship belt, and I feel like it's too premature to let it go. But at the same time, I do really want Jason to win the title too, and I know that WWE, especially come WrestleMania, love giving their most overfaced baby face superstars the championship at WrestleMania.
Speaker 3: You saw it with Kofi, you saw with Daniel Bryan.
Speaker 2: You also saw it with Cody Rhodes last year, so they're looking for a similar thing for jay Uso. Do I reckon his time is now? I personally don't think so. I think that we can afford another year of a loss and US knocking ja Uso down and then him finally getting there probably the next WrestleMania, but again, we'll have to wait and see. Everyone's not too happy about the match itself, being that they've obviously versed each other multiple times. But what I'll say to that is that if we want wrestling to push forward, we need to move on with new superstars and people that are over as well. Yes, Siampung, Yes, John Cena, Yes, Roman Reigns, Yes, Seth Rowlands. On paper sound like the better matches, but at the same time, we do really need to push the new superstars as well. And we had the same complaints back at Summerstam when Gunslain Priest Versa Summer Slam, but in the end when it happened, no one really complained after so I feel like people just like to complain and just like to put in their opinions, But at the same time, it's like we need to move on with new superstars and push the new generation too. So having these two have a WrestleMania match, and it was confirmed that I think they are going to be a main event, so apologies for what I.
Speaker 3: Mentioned last week.
Speaker 2: They will be main eventing WrestleMania, whether it's Day one or Day two. I'm not sure this will be a good match, and I think what will be important here is how the build up to this match will go. And if it goes anything like I predict and I suspect, then I suppose that it's going to be a fun ride and a very rewarding one. If jay Uso decides to win or a one where we're just going to have to wait another year for ja Usa to get his to get his well deserved championship. But we got to all buy into the story and I'm certainly going to buy into this as well. So yeah, looking forward to that one.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 2: We then get confirmed news that from Adam Silver, so we move on from that segment and he announces that aj Styles is moving to Monday Night Raw, which is pretty interesting. We'll see what happens with him there. It was really cool to see him in the Royal Run.
Speaker 3: Well. I think he did a fantastic.
Speaker 2: Job, shows that he's still got it and still got his legs in him, and hopefully he'll be chasing titles. I suspect that he might push for the Intercontinental Championship and try to put over Bronze Breaker there, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what they do, and especially Crime WrestleMania, there might be there might be some stuff for him there. We then move on and continue and stay on Raw with Charlotte Prayer. Charlotte Flair Prayer coming into the to the ring. She said that she's missed the fans and to share it's been a year and two months. She also said that she missed people booing her and the ones cheering her, So essentially, I think she pushing for people to understand that she is a heel. I hope that remains the case, which I think it will since of due to that reception that she got. She also talked about how last year broke her mentally and physically, and she spoke to a point that she didn't know if she was even gonna make it to Survivor Series, Raw Rumble or even WrestleMania, and as the fans continue to booth, she said that she'll embrace all the booze because she still loves all of you ads. A direct quote, she does say, wherever you're booing or wooing, it doesn't change the fact that she is the greatest WWE superstar in the industry and mentions boomy. Now, so yeah, we've basically confirmed here that she's going to be a heel. As that happens where Ripley interrupts, comes into the ring and pretty much.
Speaker 3: Begs Charlotte to pick her.
Speaker 2: Charlotte then mentions that Ripley has jumped the gun and basically mentioning that she's going to see if she's going to be inspired by Julia and NXT and then see if she's going to be inspired by Tiffany Stratten. Basically, then Ripley said that or I didn't mention before that they were talking about how they beat each other. So the first time that reaversed Charlotte, she lost, and then Ria won the last time they versed as well, so they have a potential to have a rubber match here. But basically, Rhea did say that she respects Charlotte and wants to be picked.
Speaker 3: So that she can respect her.
Speaker 2: So that's an interesting one because I think a lot of people are suspecting that Charlotte is going to go up against Tiffany Stratton. I would rather actually have Charlotte Flair beat or versus Rea Ripley not beat her at WrestleMania, because I feel like there's a bit more tension to that, and I feel as though that they have a rubber match against the.
Speaker 3: Two Tiffany Stratton.
Speaker 2: I would have preferred her versus Nia Jackson WrestleMania, but it seems as though that they're going to end that feud next week at Mackdown when she retains the title. So yeah, This is probably the one where we don't know which direction Charlotte can go in. Both directions can be something that will be I guess interesting. Charlotte shouldn't win the title, and I don't think she will. I think her job here is to simply put over one of these two superstars. Tiffany has a bigger chance to be put over if Charlotte verses her, and I think for Real Ripley, it's cements her legacy as one of the best women's in the division. And would love to see that because my fellow Australian is doing so well and putting her her name on the map in such a big way is awesome to see. Again, I always say this that she's probably the best Australian wrestler we've ever had, and she's still young and she's still got plenty of time to continue.
Speaker 3: So whoever Charlotte chooses will be interesting.
Speaker 2: Again mentioned but I would love her to choose Rea Ripley personally, and I think that match would go for for a good booking, But again we'll have to wait and see how that that goes. We then go back to the main event and we get the second match of the night, it is the Creed Brothers with Ivy and the Chad Gable which you mentioned he was taking some leave to find the study of the undergrounds of luchador Wrestling against Alpha Academy of a curate Tozawa and otis a.
Speaker 3: Pretty decent match here.
Speaker 2: We saw the Creed Brothers getting the victory there with Brutus displaying a strong athleticism with that Moon Salt caused by the distraction of Ivy now hitting Maxine Dupre causing a curate Tzawa to be distracted looking at that. But yeah, not really too much there. They're They're fought so many times, so I'm not really sure what's going to happen with the Creed Brothers, especially with Chad Gable out. They may push for the World Tag Team champions. I know that the war Raiders are looking for a partner, so I'm opponent, so it'll be interesting there to see whether they will be able to push for that. And then when it comes to I guess a curate otis. I always mentioned they get the main event spots all the time due to their kind of entertainment, hyping up the crowd before raw, so they continue to do that successfully, but It is a shame that we're not getting that massive Otis push that I think everyone is starving to see.
Speaker 3: I know that he's he's more of a.
Speaker 2: Okay comedy act with a curate and even as a single superstar, but he really is over by the fans. A lot of the fans really love Otis, and we never got that that feud between him and Chad Gable when that was running real hot. I feel like that's been significantly delayed. They should have done a lot more with that. They should have had their their program, they should have had their match at one of the p l's, and we should have had a better reaction from Otis too, so that kind of died off. There would have been a good opportunity to just see Otis get payback from all the bullying that Chad Gable did to all of the Alpha Academy members, and it was a shame that we didn't get that, and now we're stuck with I guess having this entertainment on main event, and also just Otis and the curators are continuing to be a comedy act. It would be good to see Maxine dupre Get in the ring as well and fight on main event too, just for her to get her development up and also to just I guess see where they have their plans, because they seem to keep them around and they're doing a great job, I guess with the backstage antics and yeah, this entertainment, so not really sure what they'll do with them seriously, but again, if they continue to be a staple and main event, then I'm not complaining too much if I'm honest.
Speaker 3: And then we get the final match of the day.
Speaker 2: Back on Raw, we get seem Punk versing Samusein, seeing Punk wrestling like the heel here, a lot of trash talking, a lot of mentioning that sami Zin is not good enough. He ends up getting the victory here, and then as Punk tries to help Samusein up, we get a blind sided attack by Kevin Owens, who then puts Samusein through a package pile driver, which was not quite the surprise, but I guess not inspected after we saw what Kevin Owens did the night before. Was very surprised to see him out there and delivered that move to Samusein. We did get clearance on SmackDown as told why he did it and when I did see him attack it. It did make a lot of sense to me. Originally I thought as though, like when Cody Rhodes was climbing up the ladder, Samusein did nothing and I expected him to do something. But now you know why he didn't do anything, because it sets up the feud between the two. We get another Kevin Owens and Samusein feud, which is great because these two will put up a massive fight and I think a match that will be just as brutal as the Cody Rhods and Kevin Owens fight. Hopefully, because right now Kevin Owens has been nothing short of a beast.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we'll have to see what happens with those two and how that feud will be hyped up.
Speaker 2: We know that obviously Kevin Owens is not happy with the fact that Samusein didn't help him, and also the fact that he supported Roman reigns at the Royal Rumbull. So again, Kevin Owens remains to be a bit twisted, a bit delusional, but to be honest, bringing up some real valid points. So I don't really see that he's fully in the wrong here either, But the way he's running with this, this heel persona has been nothing short of incredible, and I guess we see Karen Cross still trying to influence Samu z Ain, so maybe we might see rumblings of a heel term for samu'se Ain, But for now, I think in this feud with Kevin Owens, he's going to be obviously the babyface here and I think we're going to see a interesting feud and something to build up to for WrestleMania, And that pretty much wraps up. Yes, the main event review. Again, we'll have another one obviously live next week with what will happen on Raw this coming Monday for you guys, Tuesday for me, and with Elimination Chamber around the corner WrestleMania coming in less than two months, there is a little bit over two months. Actually, There's sure is to be a lot of content and a lot of things moving forward, and I for one, am very excited as always to bring out these episodes to review main Event and also to review Raw and SmackDown whatever WW decides to air on these main event shows and then bring out this content for you guys, and again really appreciate you tuning in and listening. And I guess they're taking the time out of your date. You yeah, take this content in and continuing to yes support us on on these podcasts, and hopefully you guys are also tuning into the other shows that we have that are done by our hosts and others as well. Then obviously yeah trying to put their opinions forward and everything. So I guess we'll leave it for that. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week and take care.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to WWE podcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.