Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Hello, this is Aaron West. I am the author of the A twenty four New Wave. In this book, I look at A twenty four's output and I make the argument that we are in a new wave movement right now. A twenty four plays a major role. This book has a supplemental podcast where each episode is a brief conversation about an A twenty four related topic, whether an actor, director, or even a genre. As I continue research for the book and conduct interviews, I expect to record podcasts episodes with people involved with the company. You can find the podcast at sendjourneys dot com or wherever you find podcasts. And we are proud to be members of the Someone's Favorite Productions Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Hello there, and welcome back.
Speaker 4: What is this place? Is connected? Disconnected? Disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, just connected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to feel disconnected the number that has been disconnected. Hello, and welcome to another Thursday Live with a brand new guest. I love doing this. Like the last six months, I've been getting a lot of new people and somebody that I have adored, respected, and wanted on here for a long long time. Mister Sam Panico from bns BA Movies, welcome.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you for having me. You were on my show and now I'm on your show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the reciprocity has to go both ways, of course. How's everything going? Love the shirt, love the severn, support.
Speaker 4: Love it from one Sam to another. Sam Sherman like, I have to support the Sam's right, it's going good. It's third. I saw someone in the chat say we made the Thursday, and I really feel like I've like slowly dragged myself to Thursday. Do you know what I mean? It's a long time to get the Thursday. And then I'll have like two days of like just a lot of movie watching and then back to.
Speaker 3: Work, back to work, back to work. Do you got a Is it marathon weekend this weekend or is it weekend off for your show for a show where you have a show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this weekend we're doing The Headless Eyes, which of super high quality movie, and the Curse of Bigfoot, another super high quality movie. I think this whole season's theme has been how many people can we chase away with the movies that we pick and like, so it's a graduating and like, I still want to do the Mummy theme park. And Bill says to me all the time, if you do that movie, no one's going to ever watch a show again, and I disagree. We did buy Me a Curse of the Jackals and only like twenty people left, so I really hope that we can keep it going.
Speaker 3: Twenty is a pretty low number. I think we could probably pump that up a little bit.
Speaker 4: We'll see, hoping we'll bring some people back. But yeah, well and then we're on until we're kicking March off. But yeah, we have one more week coming up, so I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Amazing. Erica's here saying, Hi, oh, hey, the same here. Why don't we share what the show is on Saturday? Tell everybody all about it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I co host with Bill van Wrenn Driving Asylum double Feature and it starts at eight. It's ridiculous. We start at eight o'clock. We had at like four in the morning, like children getting to have a sleepover and watch too many movies and drink too much. I don't have children drink too much. I did. So it's a fun time to have people together and we do a lot of like looking at Bill and iresas we're looking at movie ads and we get into a movie and a lot of it is like, let's look at the ad campaign for it, especially if it's movies that have had more than one title, and really seeing like, especially in the seventies, a lot of the drive in movies may have played all through the seventies and maybe even into the eighties. And it's wild because you think about it, like a lot of these even late sixties movies like Living Dead at Manchester Mark played until eighty two to eighty four the drive ins and like contemporously playing with slashers, and like it had to be strange to suddenly you see this movie and you're like, this sounds really old, especially like your horror stuff, how to feel really dated when it played up against cheap modern slashers. But I love them all.
Speaker 3: I agree. And that's one of the other things. You know, BNS has talked about some of the we'll say finest films of all time over on that show in many different veins, And that's something else entirely. Why don't tell everybody about BNS?
Speaker 4: Yeah, BNS About Movies is my website and podcast and Empire of one it should be two. It's beck Insane, my wife's name and my name, and she used to do the podcast with me. She's like, eh, I don't really like doing podcasts, and I said, okay. So occasionally she'll come on and talk about a few things. I love when she does because she's really funny. Somehow I've lecked out and I have a wife that has a doctor five's tattoo. How how did I and you have that blog postion behind you? I think I told you, Like when we first started dating, I was at her house for to get ready and she's like, I was watching this movie. You can watch it if you want. I'm like, she's watching the remake of the blog and I like text with like five of my friends. I'm like, it's going on, Like it felt like some kind of robot out to kill me thing. But you know, we've been together twelve years, so that robot's doing well with me. So yeah, B and Spot movies and to website. There's like posts all the time and then weekly podcasts sometimes bi weekly. NOx. I've been trying to get guests on you were on you did Dick Tracy didn't that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And I actually saw a book for you last night. I saw the Disney Storybook of the Making of Dick Tracy. It was like maybe like twenty pages, and it was like fifty bucks at a half Price Books, and I was like, I don't think he wants to spend fifty bucks on this pamphlet. No. Yeah, so I love half price book sees things online and they're like, oh, someone will spend this much on it, Like, no, they won't. And also like they don't know the difference between certain movies, you know, when you going there where it's like, oh, well, the Vinegar Syndrome wants two hundred dollars. I'm like, this is a Milk Creek box set. This is not worth well.
Speaker 3: And sometimes that works out in your favor that that is very rare, but sometimes it does.
Speaker 4: I mean, how else could you get Frankenstein eighty before it was an automil Creek set and could you watch it? No, unwatchable borne but you know that's how you could get it anyways. Yeah, So if you love movies and you love too many references. And I was trying to think the other day, like one of the subjects that you asked me for the subjects. I always talking about building your own film canon. I don't even know what mine is because like if you look at my rankings and stuff, like I'll give like a really great movie, like you know, on a letterbox, like a four, and then it was shot on video and made in Texas or like Arkansas, and like nine people who've raved it straight up five stars. That's how I am. I'm watching the Truth or dair Box set right now that just came out from SRS and like buy movie three or four. I don't know, there's so many truth or who knew there this many Truth or Der movies. I was completely what do you call it Stockholm syndrome by it? At first. I think SMV does that to you. This is the best thing I've ever seen. And my wife came down right at the minute when a girl was feelading a carrot, and she's like, are you watching? And I was like, well, it's these movies about a killer and like playing Truth or Dare And she's like, she always walks in at the wrong time.
Speaker 3: But you could tell her it's a big deal because Elijah Wood loves it, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly like Elijah Woods. I went from the press release for Elijah Wood shows these at public events, and so that makes it okay. So yeah, she's always tends to walk in just right when the most insane thing is happening, you know, because I watch a lot of your ror. Who knows what that could be, you know, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could be the craziest poster with the most tame film, or sometimes quite the opposite, which doesn't happen enough.
Speaker 4: I make it a point that when I'm watching I can run out a Posseli movie. I'm like, nobody should be in the house, because if anybody in, like, it's just you can't defend it. You're like, like, I love it. She said to it at some point, you know, some like a decade or more older than my life. She's like, you'll be in a rest home before me. And I'm just gonna give them instructions, like he needs his chair warmed up, and he needs his jolly and just put on his jolly firm and he'll be quiet for a couple hours, and then bring out another Italian movie with breasts and someone getting him paled and he'll be fine. Like, he'll be quiet, so let him watch Patrick still lives once a week and he'll be Okay.
Speaker 3: What's a week? That is a wild movie to watch one.
Speaker 4: I think about it every day, right because that same castle is used for so many movies, right right, And like the original Patrick's good. Don't get me wrong, this is again the Letterbox, and I get it. The original Patrick is a good movie and it's much better made, much bigger budget. My ratings on Letterbox are like completely different because I'm like, this movie is great, Like who would think I'm half Italian have Polish, so like I really feel like a lot of kinshit to my Italian filmmaking brethren, where I'm like, yeah, I like when they get a note to make a movie and it's like they just get a little bit of the memo and the rest of it. They just go off like shocking dark. They're like, I know, we're supposed to make it a Terminator movie. What if we else have made Aliens? And by the end of it, you're like there's a time machine, Like, oh well, let's write this is Terminator too. I love it, Like Zombie is the best zombie movie because it's like halfway through at full She's like, I'm just gonna make a thirty zombie movie. I don't give a shit, Like I don't care what anyone else is doing today. I'm doing my own thing, and I respect that.
Speaker 3: Such a fun watch, especially if it's your first time with Zombie.
Speaker 4: I saw it. So they speaking of the drive and they played it we do like wait like a twice a year driving outside thing and that's what drivers are. But like in April and September and I got there and I stopped and go, you should never get food on the way. I get this now it's our drive and stand business. But I was eating dumplings during Zombie. Is this a good idea? Now? But I've seen it enough that I know the right parts right And like literally when the when Princess Mom's eye gets put out by the door, somebody opened their carter up and threw up all over the outside of the car, and I was like yes, like this is like a dream to have happened. And I just can't eat them.
Speaker 3: Mission accomplished, Like let's go.
Speaker 4: To the tool right now, Like once they get on the boat and like they're they're on the way there and then that girl to swim and why right, and it's like it's non stop, like f is like just amazing. I always like talk like fool ge as I'm watching it, like, you know, like a very exaggerated Italian accent, say bring me, bring it to me, the eye, I must destroy it. It seemed too much.
Speaker 3: Well, uh, this is obviously a physical media show, and as somebody that loves physical media, you've been able to contribute to a few things over the last few years. Why don't we talk about some of the those things?
Speaker 4: Oh man, A lot of visual vengeance stuff, which has been a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell I feel like not a lot of people talk about visual vengeance. It's one of those things that gets a flashy like announcement and then no follow up. So tell me about the films.
Speaker 4: Oh man, so many of well suburban sasquatched, super high quality.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, a big one.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. When So Originally the plan was, when I first started talking to them, I always sent review I always send reviews to whatever labels I did from so and they had seen a bunch of who has watched every vernon of the time movie e were in the shot on video ones and so they said, hey, we're gonna we have the rights to like the Tomb, the Jail, the Women's Hell, you know, his remake of of Zombie, pretty much all his movies, and uh, we're gonna put him out, would you like to do commentary? And again I thought like I was dying, like that's like, you know, someone's trying to do something nice for me, because that's like my dream. You get to talk about Burnham a tie for yeah, any length of time. So eventually that morphed into well, we have all these SOV movies, how do you feel about SOV? And I was like, yeah, so so it's been wild. Uh I can't watch track of how many we've done, but Bill van Ran who does the show, and we've done it and it's been a lot of fun because like I think what I was worried about was I didn't want to go into these being like griff tracks on them because I think I look at Set on Video as being like the last bastion of kind of what regional cinema was. Like. These are people making their own movies. They want to see their own like area in it. They have very limited resources, big ideas, no budget, you know, like suburban Sasquatch. David Misskevige's whole families in it, like his dad made the costume, and I think, like did he tell his dad, like, hey, would you sow balls under that and tits under that costume? And I'm sure he did, Like you know, and to get to meet these people and talk to them is amazing because like that's what always fascinates me, especially like The Abomination is probably in my top ten movies ever. And I was really freaked out to meet bread because the Abomination is so important, and I thought, this guy's going to be crazy and he is. Luckily he is, but he's also the sweetest human being in the world. And like I went to breakfast with him in Texas a while not bragging, it's like it's still it's this is my biggest brag, right, like anybody else would be like, oh, I know Tom Cruise, and like I know I know Brett, that they the Abomination. I'd rather know him, but like to go to breakfast with him and talk about stuff like that is fun. That movie's great and like I wanted to know, like for Ozone, we just did the Ozone commentary track and if you've seen it, like the special effects are really gross in it, like there's non stop puking, And I thought, as we were watching it, I said, don't you think that everybody in this movie has built like was stained with his effects for years? Because you know they used the old Dick Smiths, you know, Caro and all this stuff. I said, yeah, there were people that had that stuff in their hair for like six months. They couldn't get it out to work with all this stuff in it. So it confirmed a lot of the stuff that I believe. So I love they put out the best packages. It's like the Critarion Collection of junk, and I mean junk in the nicest possibly win Like I'm not. I never looked down on the films that could put out. I love everything. And it's also like a lot of their stuff is not it's streaming now because they have a lot of stuff on two B and F awesome and everything, But up until then it wasn't streaming, and it certainly wasn't some of it wasn't watchable. And uh, it's cool because that stuff's gonna We talked about watching movies a lot. That stuff is going to be disappeared, disappeared, you know what I mean, and and up be around, and I think it deserves to be around. Like I love that suburban Sasquatch costs four hundred and four dollars. Four dollars of that went to a toilet plunger because someone didn't want to touch a used toilet plunger. So he this is great. From the interview I did with him, He's like, so yeah, they made me do spend four dollars on a toilet pluner and it blew the budget. That's the kind of movie. That's the kind of movies I want to see because like, also it's a lot like Italian cinema, where it's expected, the expected, the unexpected. Do you know what I mean of movies? Like it feels like so many movies today are made with well they're made with a let's face it, and they're made for for audiences these and you know what's going to happen. You can see the story beats, you can see the notes from the studio, and these are just like anything could happen, yeah, at any time. So yeah, And I just didn't want conmentary for the galaser a while back, and that was pretty fun, well not contentary, but a video essays that we're supposed to call it. And that was wild because like I said, yeah, I'll do that and then like I didn't think about all the work we would go into it and it was fun. It kind of is the game that I play is this is jolly. What I asked my wife at all the time when we're watching shows like we'll we watched you watch a lot of true crime and right in the middle of the show, I'll just positive this and she's said, no, it's not. It's forty eight hours and but it is murdershy or it's a jolly if you go by the rules of it. Outside of I'm not one of those people. It's like mly Jalli can be made in Italy and if it's not made in Italy, it's crap.
Speaker 3: Uh. Well, speaking of physical media, and you want to highlight some recent pickups you've got.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I just got a bunch of the mail today amazing time and I bought one actually a half price book pick up. Here's my problem with physical media right now. I know stuff's coming out on four K, yeah, and I'm like, do I spend a lot of money for the DVD that's out of print or do I buy the four K Like uh, Like, there's the whole a bunch of TV series that I know that it came out, and now that Ken is certain to put out TV stuff, I'm like, certainly Inner Circle, Circle of Fears coming out. No, like that. The box set for a couple years ago is like ninety bucks on eBay. I can't tell you how many times, drunkenly on a Saturday night, I've been like, this is the best idea to buy this DVD set that's certainly going to go out of print. Let's see, we've got a duel to the death from It's eighty eight filmed eighty eight. Yeah, this is when I talk about the truth their theirseet from SRS.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's beautiful at that in myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's really great. Like there's so much stuff on it MVD Spaceballs. They just said this to me Spaceballs is the cartoon?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 4: What the timing is perfect for that? Right? There's another eight. I really like this packaging this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the japan Archy, Yeah.
Speaker 4: How beautiful? This one though, is beautiful. Look at that art. Oh, I'm really excited about those. This will be probably watching this tomorrow. Picture of a Nymph Again. This is like when my wife gets to the mail, she's like, you're watching what's that about, and then I just bought this at half prices. I did. Why didn't I have the Girl who Knew too Much? Aka a y I don't know? And this is like the Bible one that gets forgotten when it comes to the four k's or the stuff Era puts out and no one's really cares about it. So I got the I have an affection for old Shriek show and uh, you know, uh the labels that are all dead now, and like especially like if I get a DVD that has like the paper case like this Snapper, it's like, you know, I know, I know it's not great, but this one folds out to I have a good a good times Halloween two. Uh that isn't like a cardboard sleeve. I got it for three bucks and a half price books, and every time I look at it, I'm like, this is a horrible can release, Like the quality is bad. But it's like, my wife's a huge Halloween fans. We have literally one shelf that's just different releases of Halloween and it's like, what are we doing? How many copies of Halloween six do you have?
Speaker 3: That is a great question. I mean even that old out of print Blu ray for years was going for super big money and now now I can get on four K and then six box sets and it canceled Pumpkin release from overseas, And.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I always look at so like the other side where you can't see it's just you know those like like you're showing now like I can see me on jo it's those billy bookcases from you know, we all know what they are from Ikia and it's just like filled with movies. And someone said to me the other day, like, do you think you'll watch those before you die? I'm like no, I will also buy them all on higher levels media, like the point where they can inject it directly into my eyeful, which he sided like, I'll buy that. I mean, how many copies of New York Ripper do you need? All of them? I mean I have a beta house on the edge of Oh. They got for a quarter in a in a store in my hometown and it came from Fisher's Big whe which was like a ripoff Kmart in the seventies. And it's like it's crazy because it says starring David Hess, He's back, and it's like who in the in the early eighties, was in like a small western Pennsylvania town and was like, oh man, David Hess, I love that guy. Yeah he's got he's in an Italian ripoff of Last House on the Left, Yeah he is. And it's a quarter and like no one bought it. I felt like it was. It was like, yeah, I feel like Satan put it right there. Who it wasn't God, Like, no, guy's not putting the Davids movie out for you. And he was like, sadists for you.
Speaker 3: Well, I got a few things in. Speaking of four k's, I think all of these are four K, which is kind of rare, maybe the most egregiously terrible steel book cover for a film because this really has nothing to do with it. The night Crawler four K steal book. It makes it look like Fast and Furious twelve and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, after Walmart's of people think it's a car movie and they're.
Speaker 3: Like probably yeah. Immediately into the more exciting stuff. Finally got in my copy of Dogma four K made immediately cooler because it's Kevin Smith and Jason Muse signed on there. Shot in Pittsburgh, Shot in Pittsburgh. And then two from one of my favorite companies, Imprint from Australia. Four K of two very different movies. We've got g I Jane the box set, giant release for this, but the one that I've been most excited about finally in hand, four K of the Last Deduction and this thing like the way that they treated this film. We've got four different discs. We've got a brand new four K restoration of the original theatrical cut, We've got the Extended cut, We've got the Noir edition. There's a special black and white version of the movie, new extras. I mean what, this is so great. I'm so stoked to be able to have this. I'm going to cherish this for a long time.
Speaker 4: I'm very jealous of that. I have to say, that's what we call it a neo noir AK, but that's awesome. I love. The other thing I've noticed beyond the black and white edition is Era has been doing this where there's a Super eight version of movies or I could digest of it, they'll put on it, and like more people should do that because I love getting this because that's I had Star Wars on Super eight when I was a kid. It's just literally like eight minutes of Star Wars and I watched that same eight minutes hundreds of times. But that's amazing that you got that last seduction.
Speaker 3: I love that, so stoked on it this last week. What have you been watching? I know you watch a ton of stuff, so not not to spoil your movie, your your shows or anything. What have you? What have you been checking out?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man? Like outright chunka. So what I try to do is like yeah, like I try to do like themes for each week and like so last month was almost a shallow January. This month, I've been watching a lot of ultra religious documentaries, especially once There. I'm watching a great series of them now in Fossom about the Satanic roots of Marvel comics on all bullshit amazing, Yeah, it's it's really good. And then I've been altering that with sov and it's it's a good mix. And then to Be Originals, of course only the finest of movies for me, Two Be Originals are pretty great because they always they often end seventy style with the lead character like the hero getting killed and then a setup for a sequel. So I'm a big fan of that. I should really watch better quality movies though, but this is what I like. I say to myself, Like my brother says this to me all the time. They'll be going to see a movie. I'm like, oh, I guess you're just going to watch some Spanish thing that nobody gives a shit about. Me. Yeah, I am because I care about it. I haven't seen Centers, right, And I know it's great. I'm sure it's great, but I'm like, you know what I've really got to get to. I'm hunting down a Just Franco movie. I'm down to like twelve Just Fraco movies. I haven't seen it, so it's like that's what I got to get to. And like, I'll get the Centers. That's cool.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: If Sinners was made in a foreign country and alack different language and I can only watch it on a Russian hack site with someone yelling the dialogue over it, I've already watched it, and I'd be like driving you crazy right now on the show talking and I'm like a commentary, Yeah you've got to see this, and like or if, like you know, if it was made on a camquarder in like nineteen eighty six and had a bunch of kids doing the effects, I would be championing it. I think I'm off, like, you know, with my what's important to me?
Speaker 3: All? The two B talk reminds me of a conversation I had today. I had a meeting with the filmmaker and they were talking about how, essentially to be for many modern movies is like the last stop on the release schedule. They'll play other streamers, they'll do VOD, they'll do theatrical, then eventually they'll end up on two B and it's like, Oh, this is our last hurrah. And then about fifteen minutes later in the conversation, they were starting to describe script joints in Atlanta, and I've never been to Atlanta, hardly been any strip clubs in my life, and they were talking about how this one that they loved was well known for having much older women and they were like on the verge of retiring, and I went, so, you're saying it's the tow B of strip clubs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was in a So I was a pro wrestler for what twenty six years, so I may have been two a few strip clubs. And there was one in West Virginia, Kings and Queens that was on in Wheeling, in downtown Wheeling. I think it's still there where they're and the person went be said, I think that girl is pregnant, and we so we asked the manager because yeah, she's about eight months alone, but you know, she's just trying to earn up for the baby. It's like, this is where my life's at. So yeah, that was like the uh the film rise of strip Clubs. I can't think of another bed streamer that was like one of those streamers that you get like you can tell like they don't own any of the movies, like the weird like Eastern European ones that you find on Roku, and it's like a girl watch in front of the camera with a gun and like shoots the screen. It's like you're watching this and they're like, what I have all those streamers book mark the onesn't just a horror and that's it. Yeah, because inevitably those places will have the one movie you're looking for when you're trying to like complete a letterbox lister or like a like in your head, you know what I mean, And it's very hard.
Speaker 3: Well, my my big watch from this week that I can talk about is she owned my kids more and more movies every single week and finally broached. Last week, we showed them their first foreign film that they watched with subtitles. I've stoked about that. This week showed them Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring for the first time, and I've got a nine year old, got an eleven year old, and they were locked the fuck in. And I was like, all right, we're doing something right, you know. And we watched the extended edition. It took two nights because my kids have ADHD and stuff, but hey, they were locked in. They knew the story, they were asking the right questions. They I asked their favorite characters, they said the right ones and all of that. It was. It was a good time. Definitely my favorite viewing experience of the movie so far, and can't wait to show them the next two. I'm stoked on that.
Speaker 4: I don't have kids, so like it's always weird to me. I'm like, there's so much that our kids couldn't watch. But I say that, but like my wife, no one was allowed to stay with my wife as a kid, like to have sleepovers because she would always rent how we do, she read how we do every day. I think her videos are clothes.
Speaker 3: They gave it to her and as they should.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's just like kids would have nightmares after staying with her, and like, you know, so again I found the right, right woman. I don't we used to like torture kids in our neighborhood if they wanted to hang out with us and they had to watch bloodsucking freaks. Still show that movie to your kids, Like, that movie is not for your kids, What are the stay with it? I like the plan that you're doing with Word of the Rings. What was the foreign.
Speaker 3: Film you watched with your kids Godzilla minus one?
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, that's perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a talkie foreign film, so that there's a little bit but not too TALKI and the action is super obvious. It was a really fun time. I love showing them.
Speaker 4: Then, I think the reason why I like that movie is I've for years said I hate Godzilla movies where any humans are involved, right, Like, I don't care about the humans. That's the only one that I've ever seen where it's like, oh, the human drama is as good as the Kaiju violence. And as a kid, I would just get enraged because you know, Godzilla was only on in the middle of the night in the seventies or very early in the morning and it's like a very tired trying to stay awake. Please get these humans off the screen.
Speaker 3: Our friend of the chat, Cinemaphore says that your brain needs to be extracted, studied, and reinstalled for the protection of all humankind.
Speaker 4: My well, thank you. I think that's a comblement thing.
Speaker 3: I think so too.
Speaker 4: My dream is to be the brain that wouldn't die and just not my head in the pan, but just like my brain and the jar and that way I can just watch movies and don't have to deal with the other stuff. But they don't I don't have to clean this basement all the time.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of watching movies, letterboxed is something that you and I both adore, and so after our announcement discussion tonight, we're gonna be talking about letterbox lists because you are known for, uh we'll say, eclectic ideas for lists.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love. I'm obsessed with trying to categorize movies that don't need categories, like right, and that's it's my a twenty four anim movies whatever you call it, of like really trying to like be a film merit about them.
Speaker 3: Uh. Yeah, it's a good time. But before we get there, we got to talk about this last week because there's been a lot of stuff that's happened, so let's dive into it. You get a fun one to start off on, coming on April fourteenth on Blu Ray.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 3: The US from Red Shirt Pictures and Synapse is the one that's doing all the manufacturing and putting it out. They are putting out Hearts of Darkness, the Making of the Final Friday. This is a documentary that was funded through a Kickstarter. There's going to be a commentary on here with that Omarcus and Michael Felcher, another commentary with a handful of people from the film. We've got all kinds of new extras that are coming on the second disc, and there is a limited edition here, and it's got the slip cover and all this extra bonus footage on this bonus disc that will not be on the retail edition. So if you want that full one, you got to get this one. And it's limited to only fifteen hundred units, so not to induce boma, but if you're a Friday the thirteenth person, get this one early. How do you feel about Friday the thirteenth, and how do you feel about the final Friday.
Speaker 4: I love all of them, and I almost break the genre down the series that I should say, and like, the first two movies obviously are very shallow, and they're also very like I think most people don't watch the first two, or they try to watch the first one and it's not what they wanted and they're like, oh, well, three is definitely the Jason that everybody else starts. Yeah, it's the licenseable Jason. I saw this one in a theater in Youngstown and there's the scene like where they catch them in Youngstown, and like the entire theater went nuts, like it was like literally close to a grindhouse's Youngstown head and see, I do love. I'm very sad that we don't have yearly Friday, like when Friday thirteenth happened last week. I'm like, I should be going to the movies tonight and seeing a new one, and I don't care if it's bad. I'm a Jason X apologist. I love Jason X and it's like I want more, Like I don't care how many sequels they make. I've sat through how many shitty Halloween sequels. I could certainly sit through a couple of crappy Friday.
Speaker 3: The thirteenths and in a year when we have Friday or sorry three Friday the thirteenth, Yeah, we've got February, March, and November and there's not a new Friday the thirteenth capa.
Speaker 4: So I saw someone say they spent fifty for a Blu ray. I spent one hundred for a Spooky's Blu ray that wasn't here in a Blu ray from Germany that said lay Spookies. And then literally the day that I got at Vinegarson German announced the one, and I'm like, I have to hide this because why did I spend so much on lay Spookies?
Speaker 3: Especially when the VS one comes with the incredible documentaries on there.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's it's my favorite release. I actually went to a bad movie Bengo, and they did like a trivia contest about it, and they had like a really beautiful poster of the Richard Corbin art and they literally said to us, like said to me, like, you can't answer any more questions. I bought Spookies.
Speaker 3: I love that you get cut off in trivia. That's hilarious.
Speaker 4: They gave me the prize and told me to leave.
Speaker 3: Criterion got to mention tonight, but it was only in terms of SOV Let's talk about the actual Criterion. So on May fifth, they are putting out a in a Blu Ray release of Kurrasawa Stray Dog from nineteen forty nine. Are you a Kurrasawa fan?
Speaker 4: I am. I was just talking about his influence on Star Wars Day with somebody, and I love that this stuff's coming out like this. This legitimizes me as a physical media buyer, like sometimes it's like you know, sometimes you buy a little better wine or beer, Like that's how we look at these films. This is an amazing release.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am very curious to see how this looks on four K. This was released last year. I believe it was by BFI and the UK on Blu Ray. It looks stupendous, So any any you know, if there's any improvement over that that that's great. I'm glad it's coming out. I've got the BFI Blu Ray, so I'm probably good, but glad that we'll have an HD release here in the States, but also coming on May twelfth, whether we've got a Blu ray and DVD release from their Criterion Premiers collection of Peter Hujar's Day from twenty twenty five. I did not see this one last year. It got pretty great reviews. This is directed by Iris Sachs. Are you an Iris Sax person?
Speaker 4: I am not so.
Speaker 3: This one that you might have heard of is this one, also by Iris Sas coming out on the same day on Blu Ray. This says the complexities of race, class, and sexuality collide with an a Memphis community in the strikingly raw debut feature from Iris Sacks. This one is a new two K digital restoration, supervised and of course proved by Iris Sacks. We had an audio commentary from all the way back in two thousand and one. We got a new interview with Sacks that was done by Keith Uhlik, two short films by Sacks from ninety one and ninety three, and then an essay by Michael Kuresky. I've heard this one is great. Never had a chance to see it, but it sounds right up my alley.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's awesome. I love I'm embarrassed with the Criterion ones I do own because it's just like the John Waters and Russ Meyer movies and the girl can't help it, of course I had I bought like day one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got to get those and maybe not a Living Dead four K.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not Chasing Amy. I don't know why it'sary collection. Sorry, sorry Tony fans of Chasing Amy. It's fine movie, but yeah, that's another letter box list movies that shouldn't be in the contary collection. Just to get hey spoiler for later.
Speaker 3: May nineteenth, they're putting out a blu ray release of Fresh Kill from ninety four. This is one that people have wanted for a long time. This is a disturbingly prescient eco feminist parable and a brain wave scrambling of cyberpunk fantasia. That's a lot of adjectives. The debut feature from new media pioneer Sholey Chang merges a bold vision of resistance with an exuberant early Internet aesthetic. That's a lot of words I love as well. So this one is going to be a new four K restoration approved by the director. We got new interviews with the director and the actor Serita shout Hurry, a new program highlighting twenty twenty four theatrical re release of the film and the self distribution that they did a discussion with Chang for the film's thirtieth anniversary, moderated by Jignetasai. We've got Art and Technology initiative profile of Chang. We've got an essay by Midney Sue, who's a artist and technology just which I love that they're approaching it from that perspective.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, this is awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, love to cover art on this. This will hop during the Criterion sale for people that people that into Barnes and Noble have never heard of it.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm excited. I wait for that Critarion sale. It's like like a junkie. I'm out outside the building same. Oh my god. This is definitely a day one by two.
Speaker 3: I agree. May nineteenth, four K blu ray release of Body Heat from nineteen eighty one. This is one that over on my Patreon, we watched this as a group watch along. I think it was last year of the year before and my goodness, what a great, sweaty fucking movie this is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like that whole This is like the pre Fatal Attraction. What do you call it? Erotic thriller, but it's kind of jolly, neo neo noir titles of what have put on it? I watched this on HBO as a way too young kid, and I was like, this makes me feel stuff and I'm not ready for it. You know, it's twelve, You're not ready for heat, But I'm I'm ready for fifty three.
Speaker 3: I would hope. So this one has a new interview with Lawrence Kasden. We've got a new conversation between Littleton and film historian Bobby O'Steen, some archival programs with Kasden, Littleton, William Hurt, Kathleen Turner, and Ted Danson, plus the cinematographer and the composer. There's also some deleted scenes and an essay by Megan Abbott and not only am I just genuinely counting down the day for this. This is one of those titles that I would say, why does Criterion not release a new poster every month? Because this would look incredible on your wall.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? This is incredible cover art. I want it, Eddie, my goodness, Eddie Zach.
Speaker 4: I realized we could go that far on the show.
Speaker 3: Oh, we can go that far. Let's go to our next one. I know a lot of people are upset with the art on this one. I'm not we'll talk about that in a minute.
Speaker 4: Daniel Klole It.
Speaker 3: Is not Daniel Klausse. It is Chris Ware, famous colle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Chris Ware. They're very close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I love this art.
Speaker 4: I don't know what people are thinking.
Speaker 3: Well, and what's really cool. They shared a picture of the digipak and when you took or when you take it and look at the spine, it's the interior of the house. So it's really smartly done. And when you look at it with that frame of mind, I actually really like the art of mess.
Speaker 4: This is like people getting mad about the paperback covers for flowers in the attic. They're like, well, yeah, I don't get this window. Look through the window. The kids are in there and they're starving.
Speaker 3: May We are getting a four K blu ray and DVD release of the brand new movie from last year's Sentimental Value. This is, of course, the Stone Scars Guard film that was directed by Joe Kim Treer. We've got a new conversation between Treer and the filmmaker Mike Mills. We've got a new selected scene commentaries by Trier, the co screenwriter, eskil Voit, production designer, and the sound designer. New interviews with a bunch of the actors from the film, deleted scenes, plus an essay by Carl ov Nausguard. I loved this movie. I thought this was incredibly well made, and I hope people check it out. I assume this is not a movie that you ran out to see last year.
Speaker 4: Now, but this is something I would watch. I will watch later. It's hard to convince. I got my wife to get see al Topo in the theater once and that she will not let me pick movies ever again, because she's just like, what, this movie is so long, and I'm like, I was like crying the whole time. I'm like, it's so beautiful, and she's like, this is the worst thing I've ever seen. So I don't get to pick for movie that often.
Speaker 3: It's it's a tough time when you're wanting to choose off the wall movies like that. I get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need to have that club that you have to see these movies. Yeah, absolutely, which I was thinking about that their name. Man, it's so awesome.
Speaker 3: May twenty six, we're also getting a four K and Blu ray release of Lenny from nineteen seventy four. This is a Bob Fosse film that of course, starring Tustin Hoffman. This one's audio commentary from twenty fifteen with Nick Redmand and Julie Krugel that was on the Twilight Time release. Some archival interviews, an interview with the editor Alan Ham, and then we've got an essay by Mark Harrison, a nineteen seventy five interview with Bob Fosse. Are you a Fosse fan?
Speaker 4: I am? And I love that Fossy tried so many different things. It's not just all you know, his strengths of dance and stuff like that. And yeah, I'm really excited about this someone that is like a stand up comedian geek and someone that studied the history of it like this is this is a great movie. So I'm excited that this is in this That's I always think when it's in the cretary question, it's like I finally made it, mo, you know what I mean? Like this is legitimizes it.
Speaker 3: Which is hilarious to say about a Fosse film because Fosse is obviously so very well represented already, but it's true, especially for a movie like this, the people have enjoyed for a long time all right, that's all.
Speaker 4: Now we're talking.
Speaker 3: When I saw that we were gonna be talking about this for your week, I was like, okay, now there's some fodder for Sam.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well over on the mill you've seen website. It was Valentine's Day weekend, which means we did get two more announcements from Elia Scene for this month, and the first one is from Wild Eye and it is of Driller, the adult parody of Michael Jackson's thriller video.
Speaker 4: And it's everything you want it to be. I'm going to tell you this right now. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: Explain it in as many criterion adjectives as you can.
Speaker 4: Oh, man, you already explained it. It is a tender examination of the brutal realities of lycanthropic violence and lycanthropic blust.
Speaker 3: Hopefully that's good, well stated. So this is coming out of nineteen eighty four. It's an adult horror parody reaching for the stars with choreographed sound alike dance numbers, fun house mirror sex scenes, and impressive makeup effects. We've got to transfer from the original Betacam Master tapes. Interview with the producer, Interview with the actress Esmerelda we've gotten election by Yeah. Yeah, eleven x seventeen poster of the original theatrical art in the release, plus the original sleeve which has the original VHS art on the other side. This was something that I thought was absolutely crazy to see getting released.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I've had a bootleg of this for decades, and like the fact that I can buy a legit one and something that looks this beautiful. Yeah wow, right, and like that they put this much effort into just like look at this COPR art, like and you can tell they did the gloss, the satin gloss in the eyes. Oh yeah, Like it's just so good, Like wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: I will say a friend of the show Casey Scott, who was on just a few weeks ago, wanted to bring up a thing that I wanted to highlight here. This was not shot on video, so I'm very curious why it's a beta cam master and not the original negative, which means that negative is probably gone at this point.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering too, it's probably not, but I know they did video as it might be like the video assist master, you know what I mean, that they had it could be same time shooting. Yeah, yeah, wow, that's awesome. I this is a conversation you shouldn't have with your partner. But I was like trying to explain the Porto Chican like how it was like accepted. But she's like, why are you telling me about this? It's really important to me? And this is me buttering up because once that, you know, the religious movies that the Farrell Brothers did come out, like it's on, Like that's like my dream and I know it's coming because I have them. But the fact that this is coming out, this is this is awesome. It's a better release. You can't get Thriller. You can't get the Thriller and vhs that came out in the eighties, but you can get Driller.
Speaker 3: Which sucks because Thriller got a four K restoration. It is available on iTunes in four freaking K and it looks incredible.
Speaker 4: Did you have hells around you growing up? The department store? I didn't have, well, it's like Walmarter any store, but Hills is big in Pittsburgh. They literally had a Michael Jackson shop when you walked in and they were just playing Thriller NonStop on a VCR. And then they had the different jackets that you could buy, you know, the Beata jacket and then the weird off brand reverse Beata jacket that nobody bought.
Speaker 3: And I can't imagine working there and how much you would hate his music after like two days.
Speaker 4: I worked into Toys r Us for years as a janitor through all through college, and they had the same tapes that played every day, and it was like this one tape is just Lion King songs, and when it would come on, I would like, I will cut the grass, I will paint the outside of the building, whatever we need. I can't listen to this anymore.
Speaker 3: Yep. Well we got one more adult title and that is one that is Ben Butler. While yeah, we've got Raw Talent, also from nineteen eighty four. This is coming as part of the Quality X line and here is the front and back of a slip. Raw Talent is a big one. This combines introspective drama, outrageous action set pieces, and avant garde editing, including subliminal imagery, to create a hardcore feature unlike than anything else. We had a commentary with Joy Snyder, moderated by Ashley West from The Realta Report. That's an audio interview with Jerry Butler on here that was on the realto Report as well, video interview with the producer, video interview with the director and cinematographer Larry Ravine. And then we've got another eleven by seventeen replica Japanese one sheet poster for this and a thirty six page booklet with an essay by Steven Morowitz and Dino Prospero. Hey, this is an incredible release.
Speaker 4: This is crazy, Like this is right at the end too, of like it's within a year or two everything would be VHS. Youah, we'll get to be shot on film and it's like like the last gasp of real movies. Maybe there were few on the way to the the nineties, but wow, now I got to get another job once that I was I'm sorry I saw that Michael Jackson being a glove. I know this is a non sequorder, but felt super quick. We're not rich. Growing up, we used to buy a lot of stuff from flea market, and the flu market we would go to would sell like work gloves dipped in glitter as a Michael Jackson glove for really cheap. So my brother bought one, and the bullis in school told me, if your brother, where's at the church tomorrow, I'm gonna we're going to kick shit at you. I begged him, please don't wear the Michael Jackson glove. We're going down for communion. And like the Whits come down for communion, he reaches his hand up to get communion and he has that fucking glove on, and the lights hit and it was just all glitter coming off the glove and I could just hear like Michael going trial or like one of his noises. I got annihilated. I got like beat up, like like something out of like evil speak, do you know what I mean? Like I should have found Satan and killed these kids. Afterwards, it was it was horrible.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I love that mass turned into a disco.
Speaker 4: It told me, well, this is the late seventies, early eighties and the Catholic Church. It's real close. You know. That is when they get you know, I know that Melson or however said, is going to get the Dark Brothers movies. And when this happens, I need to get like a third job, like it's like bad or how do I justify like you know, white gunbusters, the cultural epoch.
Speaker 3: I need to have you gotta start putting away all your visual vengeance money right now.
Speaker 4: That'll and I have to send a letter and be like, hey, maybe you know can increase. I gotta buy me away fokers to come on.
Speaker 3: All right. That is Millie've seen for the month. Next up, Pa Laber putting out a five film collection of Angelique from nineteen sixty four to sixty eight. This covers five of these French films and it is something I've never seen. I've never seen any of these five films or are you into this type of thing?
Speaker 4: I am into it, but I've not seen these. And Kino is like we're talking about labels and no one talks about Yeah, Quino is a great label. They have the three Diapholic movies that only came out in Italy, like, guys, do you know what I mean? And they quietly they have awesome sales. They ship stuff to you like in seconds, like it comes in like two days, and their customer service is great. Then they put out stuff here I can't believe. I mean, they put out a lot of Barbarian brother movies, which I thank them for, and a lot of cannon stuff. So like then in fact, they put That's what I love. Like they're like, like this is like their Criterion release, and then they'll also put out like a last LaRue movie, do you know what I mean? Like are like just the weirdest stuff.
Speaker 3: And also eighteen other films in the same week on top of that. So yeah, they.
Speaker 4: Think that we're made of money, and somehow we are and they get us every time.
Speaker 3: Well, we don't have release date yet, but I'm sure we'll hear one for this soon. To keep an eye on that. All five of these are getting brand new four K restorations. Hey, the Shove Jock Rewind Awards were this weekend. Please give it a watch. If you missed it, go check them out.
Speaker 4: You're not hosting after this year, right, you're trying to pass up.
Speaker 3: This was my last year, my fourth and final year, oh man, and I am very grateful and also very fortunate to have been able to do but also so glad I'm not having to do it again.
Speaker 4: This is rah, This is I mean, this is it right here.
Speaker 3: I was gonna make a joke and say, well, let's figure out if this one is a jallo, but I mean, yeah, this is the meanest essential.
Speaker 4: This is the meanest Jalla where it's just like there's times in Java where you're like, are the filmmakers getting off on these murders? And this is one I definitely feel like they were like, it's this is a movie like I tried to explain to people like and they're like, what, yeah, you know, yeah, like these movies because I'm weird.
Speaker 3: So May twelfth, Celluloid Dreams we finally got a release date for The Black Belly of the Tarantulo. This is one that we've known has been coming for quite some time, but now we know all of the dirty secrets about the release. First off, it is a little expensive. It's sixty bucks to buy from their site to get this whole release with all of the giant lobby cards, the booklet, the side loading slipcase, and it's it's a big release because it is three different discs, so there will be a standard. It will be available everywhere, but it won't be as robust of the as this. Of course. We had a commentary by the owner of Celluloid Dreams, Guido Hinkle. We've got a new Italian trailer in four K resolution, new English trailer in four K resolution. We've got a new English TV spot. We've got a twenty two minute interview with Pablo Kavara's son. We've got a new interview with the soprano Ada Delhi or Cero. That's not how you say that last word, probably, and I apologize doing that in front of an Italian. We get a visual essay by Andy Marshall Roberts, we get a visual essay by friend of the show, Howard s Berger. And then on top of that, we've got a new eighty page booklet with an essay by Jim Branscomb of cinematic Void, essay by Justin Kurzwell, and a collection of then now location photographs, plus a set of sixteen of these giant photo bust things that they do kind of crazy. Any thoughts on Black Belly of the translated that we do.
Speaker 4: I I was thinking I bought this more than ones and because I love this movie. And then I saw the Grindhouse one that's just taken right from a non cleaned up and just taken right from a scan from Yeah, It's like, wow, Okay, that's where sixty bucks. So yeah, that's awesome. This is uh oh, I have no words.
Speaker 3: This is outside of the well and Celluloid Dreams. They've only put out what Are We At? I think this is their third release.
Speaker 4: Yeah, third, that other ed Wage Finis movie that they did, Yes, but I always takes Aino and it's not.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: Uh that the Strange Drops of Blood on Jennifer that's the Italian title.
Speaker 3: So they've only put out three or four titles, but all of them have been remarkably well done. Everything. Their second title is Hiding in the Safe. It was a blu ray. It looks great, lots of good extras. Their first four K looked incredible. This one, no doubt will look absolutely stunning.
Speaker 4: Case of Bloody Iris that's the American title.
Speaker 3: That is the American title. Yes, just a remarkable amount of trust that I have in them so far after these first couple of releases. But this is one that I've wanted for a long time. This is what I've been waiting and uh oh yeah. They also did short Out of Glass Dolls, so this they have done four now with this one.
Speaker 4: Those are all like really high qualities ALI like they're all like like they're not made also, they're not made by like the expected Argento Martinez right right right right Outliers but they're all great, So that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, huge, huge, like entry in the last couple of years from them. So uh, trust away. If you're into black Belly, this Transela, if you're into Hyallow, this is the way to go for this title. Yeah. Uh, let's talk about Umbrella.
Speaker 4: Uh love you Umbrella.
Speaker 3: Umbrella. On June third, is releasing a four K and Blu ray dual format release of BMX Bandits from nineteen eighty three. They're also putting out Red We'll talk about Red just a minute.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, like this, it's Australian for Red Mite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a very Australian movie. And obviously it's directed by Brian Frendrick Smith, so we can all expect that this has a one hundred plus page book about with behind the scenes of materials with it. We've got a script book. If you've ever wanted the script for BMX Bandits, you've got it. They've got the annotated shooting script as part of this, the original art rigid slip case, custom illustration slipcase, BMX bandit sticker sheet, eight art cards and that's all what that you're getting in the collector's edition. If you want the standard. You've got a new interview with Brian Trenchard Smith, new interview with the DP. You've got a new interview with the actor Peter Brown, new interview with the producer, new interview with the sound engineer. No new interview with Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 4: I guess she'sy it's the only thing missing on this. She's really great in this too. Yeah, I'm really like, well, Brian Trenchard Smith makes the best stuff out of nothing, right, Yeah, such a great one. They should have him do the commentary on Brad but unfortunately how Needon's not alive anymore, so can't do BMX Bandits. They should do like a switchover of them talking about each other's movies.
Speaker 3: I will say this looks like an absolutely great release, new location video interview with Eric Muns on the bikes and stunts and BMX bandit. So there's all kinds of shit here, I will say. Scott in the chat is saying I wonder if VS will put this out too. There is no confirmation, however, justin the Liberty, who is like one of the big OCN representatives in my discord this week, did say if people are in the US you might want to wait on a BMX Bandit's release, which means yeah, either VS is likely putting it out or somebody else is putting out and he knows about it. So on that front, if you are are holding off and you want something here, you might want to wait on that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. That's a really great I even love that. I love when Rable's put so much attention to stuff that they've made the covers of the ploy Raiser of the four Ks themselves expokes and stuff. It's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look at the disc art is great. That's incredible. Yeah, all right, so that is BMX Bandit's They also announced the brand new movie from this year, Return to Silent Hill, which has no good reviews. Like supposedly nobody has liked this movie. Check it out if you're into the Silent Hill thing, I guess, but my goodness, it seems like everybody hated this. There are some featurettes and stuff that are coming on the disc. It's not huge, but there is one more release we'll talk about just a minute, because I don't think it's the next one. Let me, oh it is the next one. Okay. So rad rad four K got announced coming from Umbrella as well. But if you're in the US, it has been geo blocked so that you cannot even see the page for the announcement for RAD. You cannot purchase it here, you cannot even read the specs. I had to get this from another site that was listing everything about this, and everybody's coming out and saying Vinegar Syndrome is blocking it. Vinegar Syndrome is the ones to blame here. They are not. Vinegar Syndrome is not the rights holder for RAD. Even though Vinegar Syndrome is releasing RAD again in a VSU later this year, the original rights holder for RAD told Umbrella that they could not sell it in the US. They are the ones controlling it, So you need to need to make sure that you're checking that out. It is not up to VS. It is up to the rights holder.
Speaker 4: I will say, I have a friend that owns a pretty well known T shirt company, and yes, for years he had tried to get the rights to RAD to make stuff, and he had put money back to pay for it when it happens, that's how bad he wanted it. He spent years writing to the rights owners. I think Vindergersondrom taught the rates owners that there is some value to this movie. Do you know what I mean? And now they know, I will say in my hometown growing up, this movie was the hottest movie to get at any of the renal If you had RAD, you didn't bring it back for a while, and other kids will call your house and bid can bring back RAD. I gotta watch it.
Speaker 3: Yep. Absolutely, and yet obviously with Rad, we all know that there's another VSU coming of RAD later this year. It will have the brand new doc. It will likely have all of the new extras that the Umbrella has. They'll probably do some new stuff. If you want it, you'll have lots of opportunities to get it. I promise what yes, it does and that is crazy. It also has a new commentary with Jorma from The Lonely Island and Jared Hess from Napoleon Dynamite, which is you can.
Speaker 4: See that where they watched this movie.
Speaker 3: Awesome, especially the Lonely Island guys.
Speaker 4: Well, what do you call it? What's the movie that they did with hot Rod? Hot Rod? It's one hundred percent. There's so much taken from Brad so I love.
Speaker 3: Waves, says I feel like the company is selling them, are telling the right holders to say they don't want to sold in other regions to get heat off of v S. It's loophole the block sales no, because third party retailers are still going to carry RAD. You just got to give it time if you want. If you want the Umbrella RAD in the US, the Collector's edition probably will not be sold, but you'll be able to get it from Brother Bellile, Diabolic Orbit, all those places will be carrying it. Just wait and see. But yeah, Rad is coming on June third as well. Lots of new extra including the couple that we just mentioned. How did this get made? Is on their interview with BMX legend Bob Morales interview with BMX writer and actor Rick Molterno. That Rad documentary that they made that just came out recently will be a part of this as well. Huge release, lots of extras, crazy stuff happening. That being said, one thing that is not great about Umbrella right now. The four K release of Matador that they had announced last month has been removed from their site and they are sending people emails to say that the release has been canceled because of a licensing issue, which is rough. I really want that release. Thankfully Radiance is still putting it out. But yeah, that's that's a crazy turn of events for somebody to announce that and have to do all these cancelations and everything.
Speaker 4: Do you remember, like I think it was last year the year before, Keno was putting out that huge Columbo box set and they had to pull all the commentaries like there's so much it was going to be on that and I had an order again, like I had to cancel it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I really hope someday somebody can leak all of the stuff that they did. M hmm, it would be nice.
Speaker 4: Internet archive was your friend, right, Yeah? Yeah? I had how Need Him? Action figure as a kid. That's how I need him? I was. They made the how Need Him stuntman kit and it was just like how Need Him figure that you could knock through a window. Then I was obsessed with Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so still big month from Umbrella. Check it out if you are into Umbrella and I want to purchase him. Next up coming this spring on Blu ray over in the UK from Fabulous Films, The Citizen Smith the Complete Series. This is a Power to the People type of TV series that ran back from ninety or seventy seven to eighty apologies. There's an extensive new restoration of the series. New audio commentaries on five of the episodes with Robert Lindsay, Tony Million, and Mike Grady and George Sweeney, hosted by Richard Lotto. Twelve arc cards are also as part of the release. I have never seen the series, but I do love me some old British TV. Are you into some of that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I would like a four K Young Ones set to come out. That would be seper nice. I do have a are you big serve box set? I think we could admit this. Uh and uh yeah. I grew up with a good PBS station, so I'm a big brit fan of stuff.
Speaker 3: Same. That's Monty Python was my big, big eye opening on on PBS on Saturday's Life.
Speaker 4: I would try to talk like Monty Python. As a kid, I wanted to be British so bad and unfortunately I grew up to be a inser from Pittsford.
Speaker 3: I practice silly walking a lot. Yes, it's worth speaking of the UK. On May eleventh, we are getting a Blu Ray dvdal release of Danny Dyer in one last deal. This is a brand new movie and it's coming out from Vertigo Releasing. I have never seen a Danny Dyer movie, and yet I've heard about twelve of them in the last few months. Somehow kind of crazy. Uh yeah, check it out.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 3: Next up is Scarlet from last year. This is an anime movie. This coming out as a four K steel book in the US from Sony. I've heard that this is amazing, the art looks incredible. I've also heard that this is terrible from other people. So has anybody in the chat seen this one? I would love to hear it actual consensus because I'm trying to broaden my horizons on the anime side. What about you? Are you into anime at all?
Speaker 4: I'm into old stuff because you know, I grew up on Starblazers, Starry Space Suit, Spatship Amada. Then you know Rubo Attack, which you know I didn't realize as a kid how poor a part it was. But yeah, yeah, that was a big thing. Does It's amazing when you go to Walmart how many anime steel books there are. Now it's a big part of Walmart, but I think there's a that community of even younger people will buy physical media and buy stuff for anime, which is, hey, you know what if that's what gets them into buying physical media, awesome.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I've seen a lot of younger people getting into physical media for everything right now, which is exciting to see. It's a it's a big resurgence happening.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Next up, The Young Doctors, probably not a film that younger generation isn't a pick up on physical media, but on March third, MGM is putting out The Young Doctors. This is from sixty one and it stars Dick Clark in a nineteen sixties role never seen this one. It says, after arriving to his new post in a hospital pathology department, doctor David Coleman clashes with the department head, who views Coleman as competition thinks the young doctor is too brash. The older doctor does not agree with Coleman's suggestion to test a pregnant mother for a blood disease. When the baby is born very sick and it becomes clear that Coleman was correct, Pearson must assess his place in the hospital.
Speaker 4: Oo. I love melodrama, and this feels like it'll give it to me. I also want to see Bekazar act against Dick Clark and just like, yeah, eat him up. That'll be pretty sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah that is. This sounds like a lot of chewing of scenery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I do love that.
Speaker 3: One thing that I'm excited for is Blu Rays of brit Noir coming from Kenel over here soon. So this is we don't have a lease date for it yet, but it should be in the next few months. We've got a brit to Our Collection, volume number one. This has Cage of Gold from nineteen fifty, Edgar Wallace is the Ringer from fifty two, and The Frightened City from sixty one. One of these movies starring Sean Connery. All of these movies starring Herbert lom Oh some Long Lot.
Speaker 4: Long Man, also Edgar Wallace. So it's you can say it's joll and close. Four is King Congress as Edgar Wallace read it. The jury's out.
Speaker 3: I don't know that the jury is out, but we'll hear arguments at least. Next up, we've got a standard four K coming of Starred Us from two thousand and seven. This is the exact same disc that was in the Steel Book. But glad that it's getting a standard. Here we go. If you're into it, you're into it. It's one of those movies the fans are giant fans. The haters are most everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know what I can see. I don't love it, but I can see people that do. And my life wants this movie. So yep, we'll probably buy this.
Speaker 3: I think it'll be cheaper than the STWO books. That's nice. Another weird one. April twenty eighth, Paramount is releasing a Blu ray of Nashville from nineteen seventy five. Now it's interesting, this had a Criterion Blu ray. This had a Paramount Blu ray in the Paramount Presents line that went out of print, and now we have this a standard of it, which is fine. I'm glad that it's gonna be in print. But it's from a four K scan and it's Altman's Nashville and they're not releasing a four K.
Speaker 4: See that's weird. I wonder if this is one of the ones that goes into like not just Spartan noble, but like you know, like Ballmart level retail. Do you know what I mean? Where people hear about Nashville. I don't know, but I don't know who would buy it other than me.
Speaker 3: This feels like, I mean, the big thing is that it was out of print, so now people can buy it at all. But it's a four K skin. If you wanted more people to buy, put it on a four K disc.
Speaker 4: And the special features are pretty I get that it's a you know, it's not a special edition, but pretty bare bones. Yeah, like respected stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm curious about this one. So yeah, uh next up. We have talked about this one previously, but on April twenty first, you are able to pick up a four K Steel Book, a standard Blu ray, or a DVD of twenty eight years later. The Bone Temple came out earlier this year. No standard four K on this one, just a standard Blu ray and DVD. If you want the four K you got to get the steel book. Are you into the twenty eight Days slash years Later franchises?
Speaker 4: I've never seen one, believe it or not. I'm from Pittsburgh, so zombies overrun that's how you know, that's where the zombie part of the world understandable. But I've heard really great things about this movie and the last one. It's funny that for years, there were no sequels to these movies, and suddenly like the whole universe.
Speaker 3: Yeah quick, yeah, well, I mean they did at first supposedly green light a trilogy, and now I guess the third one is in question because this one did not do very well, even though it's gotten great reviews. So I'm still not entirely sure how this one didn't.
Speaker 4: Raving about it? Did you do you like these movies?
Speaker 3: I have not seen this new one yet, but I did like twenty eight years later that came out last year. I liked it a lot. In fact, there are some running zombies, but the story is much deeper than that, much deeper than that. Next up, leaving Las Vegas getting a four K Blu ray release in the UK from Studio Canal on May eighteenth. This got a brand new four K restoration and this thing they went into some detail for us, So we've got a new digitally restored four K version of the film from the Super sixteen original negative and the thirty five millimeters dupe section for the opticals, the titles, and the subtitles. Those were all scanned in and restored over by dupletech and by Silver Salt restoration in the UK. The final color and restoration was completed at dupletech under the supervision of their colorists, and then the final color grade was approved by Mike Figas himself, which all very good news. To get all of that detail. Please, studios always tell us that much. We want to know everything. Please. We've got a new commentary with Mike Figuas on here at New Zoom Call with Mike Vegas, Elizabeth Shoe and Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 4: That's importing. I love that.
Speaker 3: How do we get Cage to talk about leaving Las Vegas in twenty twenty six? That's amazing. We had a new documentary by Mike Figus that's not completed yet, but he's working on it right now. We'll be on the disc brand new restoration trailer plus a twenty page booklet Leaving Las Vegas. How do you feel about it?
Speaker 4: Love it? And uh, it's great that we can god have a copy of it like this. And I really appreciate what you said about them putting this detail. As somebody that works as a copywriter credit for their real job. It doesn't cost anything extra to write a little bit more about your movie. And if you sell even seventy five more copies based on that. It's just profit, Like, tell us what's in it. We want to know that stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean, I gotta be honest. Even if you sell four more, yeah or no more, just the fact that you're building trust with it is such a big part of it.
Speaker 4: It makes me see that you care about the movies that you're putting out. And I know it's commerce, but that you also care. The zoom call thing is amazing. I want more zoom calls in movies, special Cage. I want like a whole cage set of him zoom call in the directors that did his movies.
Speaker 3: And yes, Eddie Cage did win the Best Acting Oscar for this one, which is a remarkable performance. Who was it? Steffino in the chat said, one of the great performances of an alcoholic on film, up there with like Barfly and maybe a couple others. Absolutely, this is by far one of the best. Yeah, and more Elizabeth Show on four K always a good thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: So that is Studio Canal's leaving Las Vegas Next. Also from Studio Canal, as part of their Cult Classics line, The Man Who Haunted Himself from nineteen seventy, getting a four K and Blu Ray release. This one is a Harold Pelham partner a large electronics firm, finds himself in bewildering circumstances after recovering from a near fatal car accident. Why do friends and colleagues repeatedly cite him in places he has never been? Does Pelam really have a doppelganger or is he losing his mind? I've never seen this. Roger Moore movie sold sold.
Speaker 4: I love Roger Moore, non Bond movies.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's not in that. No, he was so busy doing the Bond movies. But this is I'm excited about this. I love the cover, I love the font.
Speaker 3: Yeah, looks pretty good. Next, another fun upgrade for people that have been dying to see this for quite some time. We've got Over the Garden Wall, the complete series from twenty fourteen, getting a Blu Ray excuse me, Blu Ray release in the States on April seventh, coming from Warner Brothers. This does have a handful of bonus features. We get Behind Over the Green Wall, the original pilot, alternate title cards, deleted animatics, all that stuff. But this was available overseas and if you wanted to, you probably could have picked that up on region free Blu ray. That being said, just this coming out here, it will sell like Gangbusters. This is a lot of people's favorite show of all time. I've been dying to see it, and now there will be an HD. What better time?
Speaker 4: Yeah, awesome.
Speaker 3: Fat Man says, I feel like most Bond actors are better than in their Bond movies. This is not to talk down any of the Bond movies. I think overall that's probably not even that hot of a take.
Speaker 4: M George Leizenbee.
Speaker 3: Works, He definitely works.
Speaker 4: Firnce Broson definitely works. It's funny. I didn't like Brasen or Timothy Dalton as Bond when the movies were coming out, and I re evaluated him a couple of years ago and I was like, Wow, these are really really good, way better than I thought they would be.
Speaker 3: Interesting. I will happily admit I've not seen most of the Bond movies because they just don't excite me at all, Like nothing about them or super Well.
Speaker 4: I grew up there stuff that my dad watched, and they're very dad movies, so he would always say, come here and watch this movie with me. So I have like very fond memories of watching Goldfinger with him. Yeah, on her Masty Secret Service. It was his favorite.
Speaker 3: So and now that we've said the Bond thing, I got to wonder, does everybody else in the chat how do you feel about Daniel Craig for that, because obviously he's done some great roles outside of Bond, but he's really sort of Bond in most people's mind.
Speaker 4: It's another nice out movie. He'll be a ben one blonk to everybody that's like, that's.
Speaker 3: True, That's true, all right. Next up, Meet the Fockers is coming on four K from Universal on April fourteenth. We've got no new extras on this, but it will have a Dolby Vision color pass if that's what you really want.
Speaker 4: Man I, I used to work with what do you it's an actress in the far Left. They can't remember her name. I just can't branded for a second, like Theanner. She used to do the voiceovers for one of my clients and she's in this. So she would always ask me if I had seen it whenever we would do voiceovers. She's like and she's she's from upstate New York. But for some and she had like a British accent. I don't know why. Maybe it's her daughter's married to Chris Martin or was married to Chris Martin, and she would just be like, Samuel, have you seen me? The fuckers? Wow, I have.
Speaker 3: This not a good movie. Yeah, I am shocked. This is getting a four K like the first one I get because it's an iconic comedy. Even that one I didn't love, but this one is.
Speaker 4: Right, they got the three. Yeah, it feels I don't know, it's rough.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Marlon Brando in Michael Winners The Nightcomers. This is coming on four K on April twenty seventh from Studio Canal Over in the UK. This is a pretty solid looking release. This is I believe, set up as a prequel to The Innocence if I remember right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love Michael Winner because well he made The Sentinel so and Death Wish and Death Wish too, so you know, more powerful him. But also for the last At one point he was going to only eat steak tartar for the rest of his life, and after week he went to the hospital almost died. People thought he was well.
Speaker 3: He would have been eating it for the rest of his life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly. This cover is beautiful though, A come great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do like this poster. This is great. Yeah, Terry says, this is the Nightcomers is the best porn title never to be used in a porn movie. Well, there's still time, Terry. Be the change you want to see in the world.
Speaker 4: The Nightcovers meet the Nightcrawler. We can bring all the movies together.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I want to see that. Next up, if you are hankering for a low budget nineties cheese. March seventeenth, lines Gate Limited putting out a four K steel book of Leprechaun from ninety two. This is coming as a lines Gate Limited website exclusive. No four K has been announced anywhere else, so who knows if you'll be able to get it from anyone else. The brand new extras on here. We've got Leprechaun, lower genesis of a cult classic, designing, mischief and mayhem, special effects makeup leprechan First day on set, by kind of scenes, footage, Vidmark Entertainment, VHS promo screener, and uh, it's Lepricaun. How do you feel about Lepercun?
Speaker 4: You know what they went to space too. So I love lepre con I just always think of the Wayne's World Joker. He's like, I'm the Aprican and it just that's what I know of Leprican. But I love these movies.
Speaker 3: So uh they are they are fun. I am curious to see if they are even considering putting out the entire series on four K, because the reality is if this does not do well, they will not release any of them other ones on four K. But then people are gonna be upset. If this does very well and they release a whole set on four K, people are like, why did you sell just the first one?
Speaker 4: It's yeah, is this come out on Saint Patrick's Day? Too? Is that it is?
Speaker 3: Yes, Mark seventeenth, YEP.
Speaker 4: Time to release. I love it. It's weird because, like I always when I first heard buying four k's, I was like, I'm only going to buy four k's of movies that like have some technical merit or like I love I love like so like Button Black Lives makes sense, and like the Spiria and like these movies that like have such a look. I don't think of Leprechaun as having like an advanced look or anything, but it's like I think it's just like, wow, this format exists, so we must put it out on it No insult to this because I'm I'm gonna probably buy this, but you know I'm as guilty as anybody.
Speaker 3: My my buddy and magazine editor mister Stan Gheezi is letting everybody know he was on the set of Leprecaun. Gosh, how do you feel about the art on this one? Obviously it's a movie that you enjoy. How do you feel about this Steel Books T shirt?
Speaker 4: Doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Does?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 3: Does? And then there's the slipcover, which a lot of people did not notice at first. Is the face of the Leprechaun is a cover or just a straight up It is the slip cover that's going over the top of it. And when you zoom out you can see it a little bit better than this smile face and the two eyes. But yes, that is going over the steel book that we see on the right.
Speaker 4: It's nice. I have all the Leprechun movies several times, so.
Speaker 3: Don't we all? On that same day, they are releasing the substitute on four K as part of their Vestron Video collection. This is also a lions Gate Limited website exclusive. Now this is important because it's the very first Vestron four K title, So if you are into that, you can check it out. The lines Gate limited extras that they have on this which are not available elsewhere. Are Power Achieved? Is power perceived? The director is talking about the substitute. We've got color graded is in session bullet point Storyboards to Film Exploration a theatrical trailer. I love that this film is getting a Storyboards to Film Exploration featurette. And the storyboard artist that did this commented on my post and said, oh, I didn't know they had that because I have the original storyboards in my dresser. Still. Wow, amazing. Have you seen the substitute?
Speaker 4: Oh, I've seen all the substitute movies. Of course, I grew up in the vhs there. This is also a dad movie. This is a movie that a dad would be a.
Speaker 3: Very bad movie.
Speaker 4: This is a TPS Sunday Afternoon rainy dad movie. And uh and I love it for that. Yeah, this is I have a Behringer thing. I love Barringer.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is just seeing the vest logo, I'm like, I don't know if I want that nice of the Vestron logo and it just activated something in my brain. I was like, you're good, buy this.
Speaker 3: And it's four K. The Vest logo is gold.
Speaker 4: I know right, Vest wasn't even any K back when I know.
Speaker 3: All okay, he was fighting for maybe half a K.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 3: Uh Berenger's best film or is there another one?
Speaker 4: He's in a lot of good ones, but I think this is the best Storry Roll. I like Bearringer though he's good. He's got like a certain quality, a certain quality. He's got it whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Fatman says they're up to what eleven sniper movies.
Speaker 4: Now, that's a Walmart box set movie where you're just like all the snipers and then of course they won't have like Sniper five and you're like, now I gotta buy like a European one on eBay. I've been in this this world. That's some bad FuMO right where you're like, do have to read this? But I feel like I have to own every Children in the Corn movie.
Speaker 3: That's a rough franchise to do.
Speaker 4: A horrible franchise. Yeah.
Speaker 3: On that same day, they are releasing Leprechaun on VHS, So if you're really after by a brand new VHS of Leprechan as well.
Speaker 4: Ye, this is the cover that I think maybe the other one should have got this a nice cover.
Speaker 3: I would agree there. I think this is a better cover.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: We got a load of announcements from colt Epics to talk about this month. They are celebrating and this is crazy to say, colt Epic celebrating their thirty fifth anniversary in twenty twenty six, and they revealed a bunch of stuff coming up. So in February we and we already know these first couple, the Girl Who Left Their Time. This is a four K release of the Nobahiko Yashi film. We've got in March the Key, the Tinto Brass film coming to four K, April four K of Girls, the Just Jacin film. In late twenty twenty six, we get a four K coming up Criminal by Aberta Lendsy. We've also got a four K coming of Pobox Tinto Brass, and then also a box set of the Ornella Mooti collection. This is going to have the Most Beautiful Wife, Summer Affair and First Love and Nest of Vipers. Very exciting on the Moody releases.
Speaker 4: I sent this to like ten people when they're nice, would you put it out? I'm do you see this? Just amazing? I love criminal being in this is amazing. But like po Box tinto Brass was like, I can't think of something that I want more right now. So this is wonderful.
Speaker 3: It's it's a big deal and I'm glad that they're doing it. I'm glad that people are gonna have a chance to see it. I'm glad that it's going to get a good restoration. It's all pretty exciting. Let's talk about their Blu Ray releases now too. So in May we've got VD by Vim ver Stoppin. In June, Don't Play with Fire, also known as Dangerous Encounters of the First Kind. That's a Chroy Hark film, and they've already confirmed not only is it getting the original cut and the US cut, there's also a third version that's going to be on the disc, all of them with English subtitles. Hell of a great sounding release. I know this is one of the people have wanted for quite some time. They're also in theaters putting out the Ros Williams documentary that The Christian Death Reunion that Nico Bee has been working on for quite some time. Now I kind of glossed over VD. Have you heard of or seen what VD is?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I have not, So this movie is wild from letterboxed. Cornelis van Dorn is the CEO of VD, a meat factory as well as developer of contraceptives. Cornelis is the patriarch of the Van Dorn family, a decadent bunch of loose morals who only lust for money and power. When the man is thinking about retiring, he has to find the right air to take over the family business. And I will say, if you've never seen VD, it is a shocking film and very very sort of excited to see how people respond to that movie. It is a wild one for cult epics to put out is stupendous. I am so stoked that they've put out what they've done.
Speaker 4: They put out. I buy so much stuff from them, and like, it's just amazing. I love that this stuff is out and uh in this level of quality and that people can find it.
Speaker 3: YEP Waves wanting to point out that yes, they are using Fidelity in Motion to encode most of their four k's. I believe they also have LSP Merity Median listed as an encoder as well, but Yes, Eddie VD is a disease, a very specific venereal disease. Brian is saying Dangerous Encounters is going to blow people away and I can not wait to put it in my player. It is going to be a great release, all right. Next up a couple semi weird, low budget titles, Cineverse on March tenth, putting out cotton Mouth from twenty twenty four, starring Ron Pearlman and Si Morales. But yeah, Ron Pearlman, this weird look in Oklahoma Western love it.
Speaker 4: He did a voiceover for a spot I did it. He's one of the few people that ever worked with that did it the sixty second spot. One take and he's nice, seems like you want anything else. I'm like, no, thank you, thank you, sir, have a good day, thank you amazing. Like I knew he was reading it, so I kind of wrote it in his voice. But just what an experience.
Speaker 3: Very nice. Next, Urchin from last year is getting a Blu Ray release from one to two special on February twenty fourth, which that is next Tuesday. Urchin is the directorial debut of Harris Dickinson, who is really great talented director. I enjoyed this movie primarily for the craft. The movie itself not my bag, but I think it's a very important story that I think people that are empathetic or sympathetic to the mind of an addict you should probably watch this movie. It's a it's a tough one, but a good one. Next up, in Australia via Vision putting out fourteen oh eight on four K. This is essentially the exact same thing as the four K Steel Book that just came out in the US, but you can get it with the original art instead of the steel book art, and you can get this in Australia rather than from Amazon Exclusive here in the US. You a fourteen oh eight person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's funny. We just were in Chicago for a weekend and the bellhop was telling us, why would you tell us this? That our hotel was haunted and we were staying in room fourteen oh eight, which I found incredibly hilarious.
Speaker 3: So very nice.
Speaker 4: No haunting, but yeah, that's a good, good little Stephen King movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's decent, and it's got the theatrical version, which was hard to find for quite some time, so that's always a plus. On that same day, April twenty ninth, there putting out a Cabin Fever collection. This is a mix of four K in Blu ray. The first film is going to be on four K. That is Cabin Fever from two thousand and two. We've got Cabin Fever from two thousand and two on Blu Ray, Cabin Fever two, Spring Fever on Blu Ray from two thousand and nine, and then Cabin Fever from twenty sixteen. Now you'll notice we are missing Cabin Fever. I think it's Patient zero from only twelve or thirteen, whatever it was. For some reason, that movie has been missing. First of all, never had a US Blu Ray, and it's been missing from a couple others. It's got to be a rights thing.
Speaker 4: That's what I was saying. It's like the phantasm two rights thing that yeah, that's not streaming. Yeah. Do you get upset when they mix formats on a set? Not upset me, but kind of let down.
Speaker 3: Maybe for this series I would say no, because the other ones I don't even think they were shot in four K. I think the other ones were shot in two K or less, So it's not a big deal. It's probably the best they're all going to look without an upscale, and then at that point, I don't want to be overcharged for something that's just an upscale. Yeah, so I don't think. So that being said, I completely understand for weird OCD purposes for some people that would be upset.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm coming out and saying that that that would probably be me understandable.
Speaker 3: When I market my first mixed media release, I will not contact you.
Speaker 4: No, I'm fine with it. I like sometimes put a DVD in a cassette in there and I'll be sad. I'm black metal bands like for most of my music career of like that, we only put stuff out on cassette because we're okay, fuck you. And this is like in twenty ten, you're twenty sixteen, twenty eighteen, and I'm like, no one should get to listen to this.
Speaker 3: I'm going to release something on CED at some point.
Speaker 4: Oh awesome.
Speaker 3: I probably can't, but I will try. Hey, this is something that I know is probably at least semi up Sam's Alley March First, there's a Blu ray release coming. Short film collection from Bizarre Theater. This is a collection of graphic, experimental horror fetish shorts We've got hardcore, Fluid Fields, Piggy Palace, Suck My Blood, and Nurse The Exploration of Sin and coming soon. A look at Volume two has a little over two hours with the shorts. And this is a handful of films that if you're into it, you gotta be over eighteen purchase, but check it out if that's your bag.
Speaker 4: He feels like an guinea pig kind of.
Speaker 3: So in a sense, yeah, I think one of the directors on this one is Sam Hell, So if you're into the Sam Hell stuff, you might be into this kind of a shameless part of the pun there plug My podcast network is expanding to include the Shameless Picture Show. Michael was on the show of two weeks ago, three weeks ago, something like that. Check it out. His show is amazing and I'm honored to have and beyond the network. He is great at what he does and you should never be ashamed who have not seen a film that is a big thing.
Speaker 4: Love that.
Speaker 3: Imprint on May twenty seventh putting out TV of the TV Movie of the Week collection number five. I love that they keep doing these. We've got Madame Sin from nineteen seventy two, Killdozer in the UFO Incident Madame Sin is a big deal because it's the first time on Blu Ray anywhere in the world. Have you seen all of these hooks?
Speaker 4: I haven't seen all of my love Madamesen a kind of eurospy TV movie with Betty Davis in it. It's really wonderful. I love that more TV movies are coming out on better quality formats because there's so many of these movies that have been lost to people, and especially there's not a lot of difference between exploitation and TV movies outside of violence level. They're the same budgets, a lot of the same people working on them. There's some killed thozers awesome. I know that Qunot put it up with everything on here, Like more of this stuff please? And I love the cover feels very TV guide.
Speaker 3: I love it, it really does. And I love that so much. Yeah, UFO Incident, how do you feel about that one?
Speaker 4: I like it. I was very afraid of you of those in the seventies, so probably didn't watch it as a kid. I was convinced I'd be abducted at some point, like it killed those or those like the top of the whenever you start telling people about TV movies to watch the Killdozers.
Speaker 3: I've had multiple people messaging me since I just said that out loud about the Cabin Fever Patient Hero release that did get a US BLU ray and it's available for like twelve bucks, so go check it out. It is something that I think I blocked from my mind because it doesn't appeal to me in any way. I gotta be honest. Yeah, let's go to our next one. Yeah. Hey, hey, I've heard of this company. I guess more shameless self promotion the big thing here. We were on the Pure Cinema podcast this week, which was a big deal for me, and I'm so glad that a lot of people have heard it. We've gotten a bunch of emails in response to this, people excited about the venture. So anybody that's given me a chance, including yourself, I just want to say thank you again Sam for having me on your show to talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was awesome that I was honored myself. That was one of my favorite episodes too far.
Speaker 3: That means the world, and I don't know how that could be true. Let's talk about May nineteenth, getting a four K release from Sony of the Walk from two fifteen. Did you ever see this one?
Speaker 4: I didn't, But it's funny how this like skyscraper climbing and stuff is like back in because the Netflix special is on, so I wonder if that has anything to do with this.
Speaker 3: Well, and last year we finally got blu ray of the documentary that inspired this the I don't even remember what it's called now.
Speaker 4: This is a really beautiful cover though, like I love it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, let's see. Wave wants me to talk about Antena a little bit. Well, you know what, I never plugged myself, so maybe I should do it just a minute. One big thing for Wave. I don't know how much you know about it, so I'll just say Antenna is my new full scale distribution company. We're doing films theatrically, on VOD streaming and on physical media coming later this year. But the big thing is we've had a huge week. First off, saw my first poster with the Intenna logo on it for the first time. Almost wept. It was a big deal, kind of crazy. Let's see. The other thing we found out that we as far as brand new theatrical releases starting in April, we are booked for the next fifteen months already and we just launched last month, which is crazy. So this is a weird life to live. But yeah, check out a tenor Releasing dot com. We got a lot of cool stuff coming. We've only announced one title, and it's kind of weird timing. We have two titles premiering at festivals in April, and so we can't announce those two until the festivals have announced it. But they're both really great films and I can't wait for people to see them because they're they're incredible. So just a little bit longer, I promise. Oh so yeah, check out The Walk on four K. No new extras on this one, but I know a lot of people are gonna be upset because it's not in three D, because this is probably the best three D disc maybe of all time.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's awesome. Every time I see Wave comment, I wonder, is this Wave Productions the shot on video the owner? Yeah, your own groundhouse movie or core movie. It's I know it's not. But if you are god Bo.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about Brian using as Brider reanimator?
Speaker 4: Sir? Love it? No, it's not a newser animator, but I'm very excited about this. Can foulst be next, that's what I ask.
Speaker 3: I can only dream that or Necronomicon or about six of the other using the titles that have been locked away.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I have a very bad like DVD beat Up one, a Faust and this, So I'm excited about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So June eleventh, Ignite is releasing a crazy slate of bride reanimator options for you to pick up. They've got the Ultimate Limited Edition box set, which includes a finger Creature collectible which doubles as a desktop phone holder, a three disc four K and blue ray set, newly produced bonus features, including a sixty minute documentary Legacy Bonus features a hardcover book with new interviews and an introduction by USNA, five collectors at cards, and a rigid box with j card packaging one hundred and thirty dollars Deluxe Edition box set which gets you all of this kind.
Speaker 4: Of card out as you were talking, Sorry man interrupt you.
Speaker 3: By all means if you're buying, get it out now for eighty dollars. The Deluxe Edition box set gets you the discs from above, the collector's art cards, and the rigid box set thing. And then if you just want the four K Standard edition which comes into slip cover fifty dollars for just the discs, and then the Blu Ray Standard is forty dollars. How do you feel about that price?
Speaker 4: It's very high, I will say, but if you love this movie, I mean, I don't know. I mean I love the toys come with it. I think more movies should come to toys. That's our great Villaini's greatest thing we did for visual vengeance is during despiser we said, because there's the scene where there's a little troll doll that comes to life. Yeah, we said, oh, if you order this from that bog DVD, you get a troll doll for free. And of course, as soon as we sat it at the commentary like why did you guys say that? And I'm like, I just thought it was funny, and he's like, now I gotta make one. So it does if you got the troll doll. That's why I had to cost it out and do all the productions. Help him find the production stuff on it. But yeah, there's a set of The Red Queen Killed seven Times at double set that came out years ago, and it came with an action figure of the Red Queen. I saw it one time in the US store and I wanted it so bad. And this is back when I was like just getting started and advertising. I had no money, and it was like fifty dollars. Certainly that's too much. I kick myself every day I wake up in the morning, I wish I had that red Queen dollar.
Speaker 3: This is that thing would be worth so much money in twenty twenty five, I bet, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's like you'll never see one just sitting in a US store now, right.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I've had people ask do we feel like this is worth the eighty dollars for the deluxe edition? To be quite frank, I have no clue why this is priced at eighty dollars. To me, this should have been a sixty dollars deluxe edition at most, and even that feels high. Fifty dollars seems about right. Forty dollars for a standard four K, thirty for the Blu Ray call it a day. It's Brider reanimator. This has been released many, many times over. I understand the restoration was probably expensive. You're gonna sell thousands of these, You're gonna make up your money.
Speaker 4: It just feels like I think like Vender Centrome and Severn's pricing is good, Like just follow that model, do you know what I mean? Like it doesn't have to be I don't know. Once you like break that triple digit figure and you only have one movie, that's kind of weird, right.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, and especially when the only thing you're really getting for that extra fifty dollars is this hand phone holder, which okay, like I I the trinkets are fun, but fifty dollars for a little I don't know.
Speaker 4: If a Howard Vernon doll k with the Just Franco movie and it was one hundred and fifty dollars, I would one buy it, Dude, I think I'm not lying to you. I would yep.
Speaker 3: And uh, yes, wave is correct. They did drop the price of Reanimator to fifty dollars as soon as Second Side announced theirs, and I wouldn't be surprised if Second Side announced Bride at some point too.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's a nice little though.
Speaker 3: Yeah it looks I'm sure the picture quality is going to be stupendous. Uh and Eddie, not everything is eighty dollars these days. And in fact, I'll prove that to you later this year, I promise, all right. Going on to our next one, Rider on the Rain from nineteen seventy six is getting a four K release from Keno on May twelfth. This is a Bronzon film with got a commentary with Howard s Berger, Steve Mitchell, Nathaniel Thompson, and a new audio commentary by Alexander Hiller, Nicholas and Josh Nelson. Any thoughts on Rider on the Rain or Bronson from you?
Speaker 4: Bronson is one of my heroes. He's from Johnstown, Pennsylvania. Father his father's a coal miner. He grew up Nicole And like, there's a restaurant that I go to here that has a Bronzen table and I have kicked people out and said, sorry, can I say that table? It's Charles Bros. I love this movie, and I'm excited. Keno's put out so much good bronze and stuff. So this is really exciting, especially to get the non death wish ones and some of the older ones like Missus Sauce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have never seen this one. I am. I'm curious about this.
Speaker 4: The other thing I'm a that I really respect that Bronson is he didn't really become he was a huge star all over the world, but mostly because he made movies all over the world. He didn't become a mainstream star until the mid seventies and this late forties, early fifties, and then the last couple of years of his life, he'd make one movie a year, and he just really wanted to spend time with his wife and not be in Hollywood. And I respect that. I love that he kind of did his own thing and beat the system a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Next up, Greenland to Migration. This is coming on four K Blu Range DVD on March thirty. First, we've got Dolby Atmos sound. I know that's one big thing for fans of this movie that they really wanted. We've got a handful of short featurets that are coming on the disc. Check it out at the end of March if you are into it. Oh gosh, May nineteenth, we're getting a four K from Sony of Woody Allen in the Front from nineteen seventy six. Any Woody Allen isms that you'd like to hold up high?
Speaker 4: Are you trying to get me canceled?
Speaker 3: I'll say in response, is prosecute who's in the files please.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. I like Sleeper a lot. That's about as far as I go with.
Speaker 3: Let's just carry on to the next one. So coming soon over in the UK, we got a four K steal book and a standard of The Doctor Who, the movie from nineteen ninety six. I'm not a Doctor Who person, and this has already been pulled from the Amazon UK side, but they've got the uncensored UK version on this, the USA broadcast version, handful of other extras on here. I know this is something that some people have wanted looked up. The hard part. I supposedly the special effect like the visual effects on this are pretty rough. You know that they did not go in and do a full, brand new like pass on the visual effects, and it was probably just upscaled on those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is really nice cover though. I like the cover it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the steal book is nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know much. I also know people that are Doctor Who complete us that will this, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Many people will?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, going to our next one, and we're almost done with announcements for the week, but first we got to talk about a big one, nineteen ninety nine's Fight Club coming to four K Steelbook from Fox twenty Century aka Disney on May twelfth of twenty twenty six. Finally we've got legacy extras on here. Commentary by Fincher, commentary by Fincher, Pitt Norton and Helena Bottom Carter, writer's commentary by Paul Knock, and Jim Owl's technical commentary as well. So yes, that is four different commentaries coming on this one. The Blu ray disc will have all of the same commentaries as the previous release. It will have the original five point one. We will not have like a brand new at most pass or anything like that. But I will say, as somebody that does not love steel books, and you know, earlier I showed you a movie that had a really awful steal book with Nightcrawler, this is probably the best thing they could have done for the Steel Book to make it something so iconic, and this is great. Any thoughts on Fight Club.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to see this early. This is really nice. I like this artwork. It's a I think if you're a fan of that, you're gonna love it. But it's also on brand too, It's nice. I love the four commentary tracks too. This is something that's gonna sound really big.
Speaker 3: Yes, and again not one to try to fomo. But if Fight Club is one of your favorite movies, this is going to sell like frickin' Gangbusters, And so if you want it, I would say probably don't wait too long on this movie. I feel like with the way that Disney stuff has happened over the last seven months, this is going to sell very quickly Cubic. That is correct. And yes, so many in cells do misunderstand this movie, and hopefully a modern take on it will turn them around, even though we all know it will not. Next up April twenty eight, Shutter is releasing The Creep Tape season two. This is the Mark Duplas and Patrick Bryce created series. David Dismulchin is in the second season very curious to see the show. I've not seen any of the show yet. I did love the films. I really want to know if they kept up the quality, because man, those first two movies are great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have shudder and I rarely I keep it for Joe Bob. I think is a lot of us, so like I should check this out. This looks interesting. I really love the look of this character.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the mask they use for this is pretty InCred. Next up another classic, April twenty eighth, we're getting a four K of Moneyball from twenty eleven. This will not have HDR, which on this movie is kind of odd. I feel like this one is kind of screaming for HDR, but it will only have SDR. It will have all of the extras that were on the previous release. Are you a Moneyball fan?
Speaker 4: I have never seen it, but I know a lot of baseball fans really like it and tock it up.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it is a great movie, And if you're not into baseball, it's still pretty decent because it's a lot about the business side. But check it out if you've never seen it. Oh god, Okay, So I've defended VCI for their choices for classic Mexican cinema that they put out before, but I got to lay into them a little bit on this one. So May twelfth, they're releasing a trick, not a trilogy. They're releasing a trio of classic Mexican films. The first one nineteen fifty two. You look on the cover here it says Triago Me forty five. The film is actually Trego Me forty five. Tr aig o and they cannot spell it correctly. This is supposed to be pretty great. It's got some really great reviews over on letterbox. Check it out. This is a May twelfth Blu ray release. On that same day, they are also releasing El Nino e la Niebla. This is from nineteen fifty three and same thing. Some really great reviews over on letterbox for this to check it out if you were into that one. Another four K restoration coming on this one, and then finally the third one, El Capitan de Rurals from nineteen fifty one is their third release. Another four K restoration on this. I will probably pick up all three of these. I love what they've done for most of their Mexican releases. These are not getting any attention from anyone else, so I will speak with my wallet. And right now I think one or maybe all three of these are less than fifteen dollars on Amazon.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to order these tonight. They put out even The Wind as Fred, which is one of my favorite Mexican horror movies, and you know, they really put out an a collectic catalog of these, and I wish more Mexican cinema was out and available in this country. So the fact that these are coming out, I feel like you said, I have to support these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you can get all three for less than forty five bucks on pre order, that's for me. That's a no brainer.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Next up, we got some universal classic classics coming. These are all coming on March thirty first on Blu Ray. We've got Gambling Ship from nineteen thirty three with Kerry Grant, Give Me a Sailor from nineteen thirty eight with Bob Hope and Martha Ray, Variety Girl from nineteen forty seven with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby. We've got This Is the Night from nineteen thirty two with Thelma Todd, Lily Demita and Carry Grant. And finally the one that I think a lot of people are gonna be excited about, The Big Broadcast of nineteen thirty eight with Bob Hope W. C. Fields playing multiple characters, Dorothy Lamore and Martha Ray. Any of these that you are super into that big.
Speaker 4: Broadcast, definitely, Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: It's a big one. People have been asking about that title for quite some time. Glad that we're able to finally get an HG release of that one, and that is it. That's our last announcement of the week. Just a reminder what's coming out next week. We've got some new arrows. We've got West World and four K. We've got this gorgeous Excalibur four K coming out next week Network four K from Criterion, The Man Who Wasn't There four K from Criterion as well. All of the VS stuff is shipping, so everybody should be getting those in the next couple of weeks. We've got the Japanese Godfather Trilogy from Radiance, Prison on Fire one and two four K from Shout Some Warner Archive. We've got Tarzan and his Mate, Stranger on the Third Floor, The Girl Who Left Through Time four K. We just talked about that Cult epics. The Eurocrypt of Christopher Lee Volume three will be shipping widely from Severn. Mogambo from Warner Archive. I know that's one of the people are excited about. Debs from Sony. We've got The Loop by the Loop from Warner Archive. We got if A from Radiance. Look at Italian get It's wide released next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now, which is awesome. I'm excited. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One that I've been excited because of your history of stand up Richard Pryor, here it now on four K. How do you feel the fact that we're getting some stand up specials on four K?
Speaker 4: I watched those on HBO so much as a kid. I was obsessed with them. So the fact that I can own those and have those on my shop makes me excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Tag the Assassination Game coming from Synapse. We've got Duel to the Death. What's that Castle directed? Yeah, Nick Castle. I've been dying to see that one since I first heard about it. Duel to the Death from Mady eight Films, most of the Force five from MVD rewind most of the other stuff here is OCN Treasures of Soviet Animation, the Uri nors Stein set. You can pick that up. The standard Pink Narcissus coming out from Strand next week. We've got Retribution four K wide release coming from seven. In America three thousand from Keno.
Speaker 4: I've seen a question about America three thousand for you. Austin Trunicker with the Cannon Film Guide did a really deep breakdown on it, and he he said that there's a completely different audio track that the director did that Canon never used every release that's ever come out hasn't used the track. We've I've tried to rate the Kina for him. He's written to them, he goes, I have all this material I have, I can get you access to that track. He never gets a response, and it's like he's like, I'm not going to charge anything like I want. I'll give them all my bonuses and all my extras. And it's like, oh I wish huh, yeah, how did it? I don't know, Well, because they went they went through and re dubbed a lot of the voices, and he hated the dub hated the way the music was mixed, and the director paid for it himself, and Canon never used it. Yeah, uh David A Vampire Visual Vengeance sorry so out there?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Man finds tape coming from if c our Magnolia next week. We've got a Highway to Hell from Visual Vengeance also next week that Yeah, I'm excited. And then the Black Six from film Masters coming next week. I'm sure that's one that.
Speaker 4: You were after me and Joe Green's in it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a big one. Any that you're excited about or picking up already?
Speaker 4: H Man? So many actually I'm excited about obviously the visual vengeance stuff, and then you finally get some of the stuff that I were from, like BlastOff Girls and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be a big one, all right. So we are talking about letterbox tonight. This is something that you and I both use extensively. Why is letterbox so important for you?
Speaker 4: I think for me because I forget everything that I've watched because I've seen, you know, so many movies. And also once you start to get into the movies that I love, they may play under how many titles? Is less Sleeping Corpses Live? Do you know what I mean? At least twelve or thirteen? And like it's nice to have that there and then be able to also, like when I want to get into, like a certain genre of movies, I can just dump them all into a list and then I can like pick them off the list and get through it. And it organizes a lot of as you can tell, like my brain's all over the place. It organizes and makes it a little more functional, especially for movie watching. So that's what I use it for. And I love seeing what other people have to say about movies, and it's really let me connect with a lot of people that I may otherwise have never met, and you know, share things. The thing I hate the most about when people are like, sell me on a movie, tell me if this movie is good. I don't know if I should watch it. I hate that. Like, like you said earlier, like give this movie a chance if you don't like it? Cool, do you know what I mean? But like I like, that's what I like of so many people I follow in the Letterbox. It's like they went there, they watched this movie, and it's like it allows me. It's what I wish I had when I was a kid, when movies were on TV, Like what is this? Who's in it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: What else did they do? It's so much easier to use in IMDb too. IMDb is such a rough site.
Speaker 3: Well, and not to mention so much on IMDb is just flat out fucking wrong. I mean, Letterbox has a lot that's wrong as well. Obviously for many of us that researched some many of these things, you find out immediately how much is wrong? That better? Sorry? That being said, it is so much more user friendly than i'mdb. Obviously, like the lack of crazy numbers of intrusive ads made it my go to pretty much immediately after the forums were not a big deal on IMDb anymore, like all of the luster was gone. So I've not been using IMDb too much for anything. I use IMDb Pro for a few things for work stuff, but I mean, the Letterbox pretty much all the way is absolutely the one main go to.
Speaker 4: It's very visual too, compared to IMDb. IMDb is like and by visual there's still copy and stuff on it, but just the look of letterbox looks like somebody cared about it, do you know what I mean? And I like that like this. Sometimes the art is like someone picked weird cover and they put up there and that's the art for it. And it's just neat to find lists of movies that and to see what other especially when I start to follow someone on there and see like the things that they've made list for the movies they've watched, and just getting on there at the beginning of the day and seeing like, here's what your friends are watching. It's a really cool experience. It builds community where now we're just spread out and we're watching movies at home a lot in our basements and aren't watching with other people. That lets us connect on movies and that's what I really love about it.
Speaker 3: Well, one thing I love about it is the ability to make lists. And if you click on the link to go look at Sam's profile over on letterbox, you will find this, Oh boy, here we go, this list of lists and you have a lot of them. Tell the world why lists on letterbox are so important.
Speaker 4: I like them because they let me make like a personal movie canon, right, I like, these movies are important to me, or these movies come from like especially like you can say I have the Worked and Faded AGFA book in there. I love that book, and like it was one of those things where I'm like, I keep finding movies that I want to watch and I haven't seen them all. So I've been covering those on my site on Wednesdays. So like that puts them there, and then it also helps remind me of like, hey, did I talk about that on the podcast? Cool? Put that there? Did we watch them on the show that say? Those are all my mixed drinks. We serve two mixed drinks every live show. So there's if you want a movie themed drink, you know, Drake. I wonder if anyone wanted to made a Frank Sin eighty drink I did, and then like I've tried to create my own sub genres, which I find hilarious. You answer, or Yallo influenced movies made in Pittsburgh. The new episode of the podcast is about that, and these are sure Pittsburgh is just as Catholic and Italian as Italy, so they can happen here. So yeah, I have some really weird lists, I think you. The first one that was up on top was a bathroom electrocutions, which is a thing I'm obsessed about. It happens way more in movies than it happens in real life, so why.
Speaker 3: Not, right, Yeah, it is great to see a new list from Sam every so often. There are random things here that I mean, again, sixteen pages a list here. We're obviously not gonna be able to cover all of them, but there are so many things like these are great for watch list. These are great for capturing genres entirely. There are got so many things that you've done. Let's see, I'm gonna have to go back through some of the BNS titles, but uh, all right, so things like this, if you're excited and you remember, like, oh, I had that old Mill Creek fifty movie horror pack thing from back in the day. Sam has compiled a list to have you go, oh yeah, this was in that pack, and now I can go look it up and watch it somewhere. That's that's amazing.
Speaker 4: Oh, I see. It helped me because like and also the links to my site are in all the notes, so you can go read the reviews on them too. I actually did a list because knew we were talking about this, of some of the dumber lists that I've put.
Speaker 3: On here, you know, a list about list. I love it.
Speaker 4: Movies about bad milk is my favorite list of movies that use poisoned milk is a murder weapon, Cat and nine Tales, Scanners two, Revenge of the Living Dead Girls. That's what the whole movie is about. There are twenty nine movies that I've found so far about poison milk. And yeah, so movies that rip off eyes without a face, which is a genre that I love. I don't know what to call that genre, but that's in there. Movies that have towns filled with malice and murders and tent off in a beach town on the coast. So that's Messiah of evil dead and Buried Halloween three. My theory is night Tide. All these towns are right next to each other, and these movies are happening concurrently within like the same few days. Yeah, movies with Royal Dana is a drunk old man. There's four movies on that list. And I work with someone who is the niece of the producer of Space Invaders, and she said, my uncle produced a movie and I don't know if you've ever seen. It's called Space Invaders. And I was like, Reyal Dana is in that. She was like, yeah, he is. She's like, why would you know that. I'm like, do you know how much I love World Dana. And then some of the other ones are like very simple, like movies with Ouiji boards in them, and movies there you have the Ambityville one up. I've seen too many Amityville movies. And then like, you know, if I get into a director. I got rolling to Joe Sarno a couple of years ago. I wanted to find everything and really see it. But yeah, there's uh really, you could stop at Amityville too. The possession that's the good and well maybe it's about time. Those are the two it has the sweatiest love making scene Shawnee Smith, Like they dumped a bucket of water on her for that scene and she comes out. I have a weakness for Amityville toy Box, but like, yeah, they're rough, vibrator. It has the best tagline, uh, and it's for God's sake, let let her come, because yeah, I do not like Amityville. Emmanuel. I had to say, that's a movie I always go off about because title wise, You're like, that is a great title, and if Jodamata was alive, he would make something great. This is no Jodamama movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have. I have grown out of the Amiteville feeling.
Speaker 4: I know. I made a deal with the devil that I would watch all of them and review them in exchange reviews.
Speaker 3: I remember I followed it quite closely. Yeah, that was a saga to say the least. Yeah. So yeah, like bn sbout Joe Sarnod, that's always great, Krimy. This is one that I've gone to on your list a couple of times. Tell everybody about that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. German pre Jallo Edgar Wallace based movies that gradually go from being black and white, very German movies that suddenly becoming Jahuoh by the end, like they really they almost get influenced by the movie. They influenced by the movies they influenced, which is a weird sneak eating it's own tail world. It is CBS Late Movie is my very formative growing up experience of that's how I watched movies as a kid, because we didn't have you had three channels in the seventies, so there's tons of stuff on there that originally was like a first run thing that there was just almost all way because the CBS Elliot's really upset that Johnny Carson was killing them on late Night, so they beg CBS to do something, so they've got a ton of first run movies and then graduate by the end, it's all TV movies and episodes of McMillan life. That's where I'm in, That's that's mine. Damn.
Speaker 3: These are just so vast in the ideas of what you're doing. I mean, Jeff Franco, can we talk about that? So earlier you said it's is it really only twelve? You haven't said.
Speaker 4: If you click on it, it'll say how many I have left? I think it's eleven or twelve. It's close and most of the ones that I haven't seen, Oh you're not not in I walk on mine? How about that? And I can tell you that's why you have this so you can be like when you get those stats from letterbox two, especially if you're a stat nerd, like that's the best, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I've only logged one of my Jess Franco watches. What really? I do not log everything on here like I should.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Also I log everything because otherwise, like I'll just end up watching the same movie fifty times, you know what I mean, and like I can't do them, so looking up where it is my just that's the only bad thing. It's like if you want to search for your own list, it's a little difficult to do.
Speaker 3: But it's on page fourteen of your lists, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Exactly, And you're like, I know it's there somewhere, Okay, the one hundred and ninety seven just Franco movies. I'm bausch one eighty four, so I'm like thirteen away, Jesus. The stuff I haven't seen is like his early like aro Espanol and let's play as kayas that haven't come out. I haven't seen Claire, I haven't seen Chupanas. Like, so there's a couple of early ones I haven't seen, but they're also really hard to find. So yeah, a lot of these two are like documentaries that I watched. They're like not quite Hollywood, a very early seven release, And like you know, especially I'm obsessed with trailer comps, so I was like, I'm going to put all the trailers in there so that I can go back and find the actual movies. And then some of them were just like when I've done like i'd like horrors things, I log the stuff in there or film Mirage is my favorite label of balltime. If I could put out a Criterion level from Miarage release set, I think Severn's already doing that.
Speaker 3: For us, but they've done a lot of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they put on Endgame. I mean, come on, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: But yeah, trailer comps being a passion of yours, what are some of your favorite trailer compilations?
Speaker 4: The Umbrella ones are really great, the Drive in Delirium onnths. Yeah, no, that's Garage Housted that one, that one's good too, and.
Speaker 3: Uh Broadsted Trailer Trauma.
Speaker 4: Trailer Trauma that's the one. Yeah, and Driving Delirium those two are the probably the best. But I also really like the old like forty Second Street ones, Like, yeah, those sets are nice too, But yeah, I I sometimes like watching Maybe it's as I come from the world of advertising, but I like watching trailers more than full movies sometimes because it like compresses and gives you, like the joy of the movie in a really tight format. And also like the Driving deliriumnes were cool because there were a lot of Australian cuts, and also the trailers didn't play as much as they played here because there were West Drive ins, so like the they're not as battered looking like. There were a couple of the trailers on that and I was like, that's the best I've ever seen that trailer look like it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, God, there's probably a couple that I'm forgetting the old seven ones. How do you feel about the seven ones?
Speaker 4: I like them, I have all of them. Yeah. I like the Upcome Food ones actually because there's some cool stuff on it. The Jaha one's really nice. I think that's a very early seven purchase from me. It was when it came with all the colors of yalla. Yeah, And I also do like if I like like Crown International or like different labels, like I like to organize them based on liking who put out what it's smart. Yeah, I just read a whole thing on Twitter's assessmble. I applaud you for being there still, so I saw you write something back like I have to stay where people are at, and I get it. Someone was writing a thing about surviving the Game of all movies, and they're like iced Tea predicted what's going on years ago, and some under a back idiot like it's the most dangerous game, like that movie has been made eighty times, like this is not an expiracy, this is it's been made.
Speaker 3: Your list have been referred to quite a few times as like the somebody's already made it type of list. And what I think is great is that these lists are fairly easily googleable, rather than just going a letterbox and searching for it, which also works. By the way, their search is not terrible. It's it leaves a little bit to be desired, but it's nowhere near as bad as like Target or something like that that is just known for having terrible search engines. But things like this which is one thing that I wanted to mention films mentioned in Woodland's Dark and Days by Witch The History of folkrps. This is a list that I've cloned a long time ago. And to be able to use something as a checklist, to be able to use something as a what is that one random title that they barely mentioned, but it's it was very intriguing and I definitely don't want to forget it. You don't have to take the notes. Sam's already done it. And when you do these, are you literally just take looking hand notes? Are you doing it while you're watching the doc? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: It's a combination of stuff too, Like someone might have started a list and I grab it and then like I noticed stuff that wasn't in there, for example, or like a lot of times, like a lot of the seven ones, they'll put what movies were in it in the credits. There's a dock and a couple docks that I watched at film festtor in here like that where at the end, like I literally just paused the credits and wrote it, And like you said, other times, I'm literally I have a list on my computer and I'm typing as they come up and uh, because like I want to see everything that's in it, you know, and especially like this road became a big thing for me about because there's so many different versions about of Cannon from the home video again in twenty first century, so breaking those out and making sure I saw them all. The Something Weird releases was another one. I really wanted to break those out and have those. Clon started a lot of those and like, but it really helped me get through this stuff and figure out what I was watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Claude has done a lot of great work too. Got the zine work that Clon has done is amazing too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he does really great challenges, like his summer challenges like make me watch movies like he did all comedy this year, and it's kind of a blind spot a lot of times. So I got to watch like a lot of stuff that I never watched otherwise.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, this is just fun and I really hope some people are saving these lists. Many of these lists that you've made are part of the pun but essentials now that we see it on the screen here, things like the video Nasties list, things like Something Weird, which has kind of been a weird nebulous, like the library has been up in the air and questionable for many people. For like databases, it's kind of hard to track all everything that has been a part of something weird because of how they did everything. So it's pretty great to get somebody that's done a lot of work on it for you.
Speaker 4: I have like the Visual Vengeance streaming list too, that I put up because it surprised me. I didn't realize how much of their stuff is on to be and I was like, like, Warren is on to b which is one of my favorite weird movies, and like, I don't even know they had it, So I was right away, why don't you tell me you put this on too? B O. I always forget this though.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, okay, uh, is there somebody else that you love who makes a lot of lists that you respect?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Cons really good? There's an Electric X wizard who who's really good on there. I wouldn't see who else is I have. I have a lot of the Jaws.
Speaker 3: I forgot that you called it bastard.
Speaker 4: I like Ramlazar who does the Boys Bible Study podcast. That's where you get a lot of the Christian stuff that I watch which are really good. Keen of Ventura has a really great dummy drop list.
Speaker 3: This is always great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's and also, like someone yelled at me about this list because I think I put Grizzly on it, and the Grizzly is not a shark movie. Neither's Great Alligator. I'm like they are both one hundred percent Jaws.
Speaker 3: Their Jaws rip hops, yeah, pedicles.
Speaker 4: It's Jaws. Like these are all Jaws Jason or Jaws Feeling movies. And like I always say, and these things like hey, if you have a problem with these, like how I did these? Like make your own list. It's it's easy, Like I taught myself how to do it pretty quickly. And you know, it's fun to kind of like put your stuff in different boxes if you will, And like I love that well.
Speaker 3: And the exciting thing, I mean, letterbox has been used for everything from like starting podcasts to creating something that you and I both love is Erica's book. I mean Erica's book only existed because somebody made a letterbox list at first, and she was like, oh, well, the work's already compiled. I got to write the book.
Speaker 4: Now I know, and it's I use that book for reference whatever, I'm watching a movie, like, for example, I was watching The First Truth they're doing it's the scene where the kid gets chainsaw it as they drive by, and I'm like, oh, I got to look that up in there really seems like something. The sad part is whenever I watch a new movie and I'm like, they came out in twenty twenty six and I and I am like, I probably shouldn't message her and tell her what she hates new movies. I'm like, but can't die in this movie? And this influenced me because I'm writing a script and I put a child death in it just because I was hoping to get in like volume three of the book. If this movie ever gets made, I'm like, that's nice. I had to make it like the most over the top ridiculous, like Italian crime movies. Italian crime movies, do not care. Don't watch your kids watch those Ryan, Those are rough.
Speaker 3: I'll give it a couple of years at least.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but can we watch Live like a cot die like a man tonight, daddy, Like we just watched it last week.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've heard me say it before, but I thought the funniest thing in the world was my kids started coming in here and I was doing Patreon videos of pickups and I'd asked them, what do you think this movie is about? And they'd explain it just based on the title on the cover. And my youngest was looking around the room and he goes, can I watch The Swimmer? And I was like, you cannot watch Burt Lancaster's The Swimmer. I'm sorry, No, Oh.
Speaker 4: You should have let him watch it. That movie would have would have broke them. I don't want you to do with your kids late movie. I saw it on CBS Late Movie as a kid, and I was like, how is he swimming in these pools? Because you're very literal when you're a kid, and you're like, this can't happen. I think about that movie? Is this every day? But it's true. I really do think about that movie a lot. You let the boy watches that should be the I'm going to join your patron at the highest level if you do a video with him watching it and he'll be like, why didn't you make me watch?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I gotta admit that'd be a good time. It's a great movie. I agree. I agree cinema course. Yeah, and She's not a great movie for a nine year old. No, it's like the existential dread. At the end of that movie, his life would be over.
Speaker 4: You know what. He's gonna watch it and be like, Daddy, is this what it's like when you grow up and have to work every day? Yeah? Yes, Like the other day, I would stand outside looking at my pool and I'm like, I bet I can get downtown from this pool.
Speaker 3: And Sam, if somebody wanted to learn the most about you, what is the first of your lists that they should dive into.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's a on letterbox list. I think, uh, probably the Jallo list because it's really long and uh it kind of shows that like it wasn't good enough for me to find I had to find like really weird ones and really go all out. Yeah that or I think the uh, the Milk list is pretty good to exist an obsession, right, because I was just sitting there watching I watched Cat with Nine Tails, The Cat and Nine Tails a lot, and I'm like, there's a really drawn out sequence about milk being poisoned and I'm like, who, It's like tetra pack like Carton, It's not even a carton book. It's like in a bag and like itly's weird and I'm like, what is going on with this milk? And then it started happening And this will happen to you too, now that I've said it. It's like a Stephen King like virus. Like you'll watch like five movies in a round. I think you're poisoning this fucking what's going on? Like who killed people this way? And then next thing you know, you have a letter box list of it. So that's how obsessions are born.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it is.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I am glad you're here. Thanks, thanks for doing this. I think we covered pretty much everything on the list. Anything on your list that you want to highlight that I didn't ask about, uh.
Speaker 4: No, I think I think we've said it all. But this is uh oh yeah, the Fantastic Cozy, It's on the that's on the Wizard of Ozmon is on Blood, on Melody's Moon, the uh it is yeah, God, another movie that I spent too much for. I bought it from Lusi Cozy off the Perso site and got it signed, which I don't feel bad about that, but then like literally the day it was in my hands, suffered and announcement. I was God, I would like throw all this stuff with Yeah, no, this is great. Thank you for indulging me and letting me come on and talk because this is my favorite thing to talk about. Like when people when I'm at parties of people and they want to talk politics, and I'm like, I just want to talk about cannibal faarax. Can I talk about that? And nobody wants to talk about campballl ferox And I'm like, that's how I feel about politics. I don't want to talk about it either. So you give me. I'll give you ten minutes of politics. You give me five minutes of cannibell Farrox. You gave me two hours of talking about physical media. I mean, this is a joy. My wife is My wife is probably gonna love you. She'd be like, he got it out of the system for a couple of days. He won't he won't come running upstairs and show me something which happened is good for a week. Yeah she does not. However, she's very supportive, but she's like she do not like run upstairs to show your wife, but like called epics is putting out. Uh I did do this? I said, Oh, my god, they're putting up peel box ticked their brass and she's like, what's that. I'm like, it's the thing, Okay, bye. That's hilarious because I literally yelled out loud. She's like, what's that noise? And I'm like, I just got really excited.
Speaker 3: It's like a.
Speaker 4: Child like, yeah, I know. Grandouts are releasing. Preferred to me as an affable pervert in one of the poll cots for me, and I was like, I mean, affable's nice. I don't know if the rest of it. That's something I can tell my mom, you know, but yeah, And if anybody wants to trade letter box Lister wants to talk about something totally into it h that this is my pitch to get onto the Central fourth podcast. That's my next goal. That's what I will complete.
Speaker 3: Cinema Force will absolutely be reaching out. I'm sure you are doing great work. Everybody needs to subscribe to be an a spell movies it is. I mean, it's one of my favorite things to find out about movies that I've a lot of times literally never heard of and uh s ov things and everything that people are usually unwilling to champion, and yet most of the time, you're you're pretty positive about them.
Speaker 4: I don't. I think so many people like beat up movies right especially people are like I hate that, like, well, it looks fake or it looks stupid or oh that's dumb. I'm like, yeah, it's fake. It's a movie, like it's uh, it's not a stub film that pussy would come up. Sometimes it comes up all the time, as it should, but yeah, I think that that's and it's I love finding movies and like I love meeting people and labels and folks like you. Def Crocodile has introduced me to so many movies. Prog Nights is one of my favorite things that's ever come out ever, And uh, you know, and then.
Speaker 3: To me, like you so much for saying that, because that movie does not get talked about enough.
Speaker 4: I talk about it all the time. I'm like, it is like a lost Mario Baba movie like it is, and that's high praise for me. And but it's its own thing, baby is It's lots of powers were said, But it's great and I love. That's why I love on some Horse too, because like they will find stuff that I didn't know about, and I think that's what it's about me, like I get excited about It's like almost like archaeology of finding the stuff, like I'm on the I'm on okay are you or internet archive looking for stuff like what the VI's on the internet archive. But it's like it's a it really makes me feel good that people are looking at Thank you so much for all you said. You made my head too big, any bigger than it could be. But I feel like Modoc now, uh, and not the cheesy movie version, but the other one that happened, right, I guess it's yeah, Like I know we went through COVID and a lot of stuff the last time, and like stuff's been real good and fucked up, but like and any other timeline that would happen to people like no, no, I go back and fix that, like they fixed Sonic and they didn't fix Mode. What happened as a Modoc lover machine, ORGANI isn't designed only for killing. I wanted Modoc to look better and.
Speaker 3: That movie is bad. That movie is real bad.
Speaker 4: I wanted to love it right because like I love Ampan and I love like I had the John Burn comic as a kid of Marvel Premiere read it cover to cover and destroyed it drew. That's how we learned how to draw from looking at that issue. Like everything I draw in comic style is like John Burne looking like muscle structure everything. And then like I love Bill Murray and like, oh this seems cool. It's like I kind of like once Thor happened, like every Marvel movie was kind of like, oh, we got to be Thor. Yeah, And it's hard because like I'm a comic book geek from right, a big, big, chubby, uh fat fat white duby. Of course I read comic books, but like i want Marvel to succeed. Like I'm not one of those people that hate superhero cinema. Like I get that it funds a lot of the other stuff that we love. But it's like these movies can also be good. Someone who grew up with horrible comic book movies. Yeah, liked Doc Savage and I'm going way back the Captain America movies like on TV movies, Like we can make great movies like Iffendy Wart's a really good movie. Like it's a rousing, crowd pleasing movie. Yeah it is not you know the kind of movies that you know you can have different sides, like you can like these movies. You know. I also hate when people say it's a guilty pleasure. It's like from who, like, who do you have to Obviously I don't have guilty pleasures because I you know, like, but like, you don't have to have guilty pleasures. It doesn't have to be so bad. It's good. It can be things that you love and it's like and if that's what you love, then tell people about it. So that makes me feel good that you said it. Well, Fox Savage is not completely horrible at them, but it could be such a better movie. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You mentioned loving Modoc. Def Crocodile just DMed me and wanted me to share this is his favorite Modoc image.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's awesome. I love the idea of Modoc is why comics are awesome, right, because it's like, what if we took this giant headed dude and we put him in a chair and he flew around it? Right, And you're like, yeah, I am watching the strangest movies this week where somebody I think I mentioned it there. Someone made these right wing Christian documentaries about comic books and how like comics are evil and satanic. And there's a big part where they talk about how comic creators made Superman because they were glorifying the Nazi, and I'm like, you've realized Ceglo Schuster were Jewish and they were making this to have someone to protect them. That's also why Kirby and they talked the whole time about how evil Kirby was. Just Simon and Jack Kirby made Captain America because they believed so much in America and believed in goodness. And they they literally had to have an FBI guard because they got so many threats from people. Right, and it's like where do these movies? And like they started glorifying seduction at the Innocent at one point, and like talking about how censorship in the fifties and how it killed easy was the right thing. And at that point, I'm like I should shut this movie off. But at this point I'm rage watching it now, like I'm into it. This next one I'm watching is how Doctor Strange is evil because he's a alst for Curly cloned. I have a whole book. I'm gonna love this one. Yeah. So yeah, anyways, superhero movies can be good, look at Dread. Dread's a great movie, great and they dropped it. Why couldn't they make more than one of those? Yeah, Carl Rburn was ready right.
Speaker 3: They did, they made the Raid. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, it's the same movie, isn't it. That's another Letterbox list movies that are the same movie and you didn't realize it and you have to put them right on list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well, good, look now you're busy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, never going to sleep. Thanks, Ryan.
Speaker 3: Well. On the note of the right way, I'm gonna say the same thing I said earlier, get a new president. As a snake Pliskin said, please please make sure that you're doing the right thing out there, voting in every election that you can, because we all need it. On that note, Sam, you're amazing. Thanks for coming on. I cannot wait to have you back on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd wait to feedback on. This is seriously my Christmas, so thank you for.
Speaker 3: I's how I felt about your show. So this is incredible. Everybody, please go subscribe to Sam on YouTube, on podcast on everything that's in the chat. You follow him on Letterbox. If you're not, you're wrong. You absolutely should have him on letterbox already, but everything, please, by all means go give him a follow Sam. Thank you again and we'll see all next time.
Speaker 4: See it.
Speaker 3: Thank you for watching The Disconnected on the way out, make sure that you are subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this.
Speaker 5: Hello, Filthy movie lovers.
Speaker 4: My name is Gentry Austen now in Casey Scott, and we're the hosts.
Speaker 5: Of the Sin Syndicate Film podcast. For Something weirdos Anti Criterion Bros. And Joseph Sarno of Ficionados join us semi weekly as we peer into the adults only theaters in sticky floored cinemas of the golden age of sexploitation, when the morals were loose, the laws were murky, and the intercourse was all simulated. Find us now on the Someone's Favorite Productions Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Productions Podcast Network. Please select the link in the description