Speaker 1: And an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talking. Last night a special night for Dalton. Rushing not only made his major league debut, but got his first major league start. Dalton with his beautiful finally groom mustache joins us right here in the Dodger dugout.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 3: Thanks David, I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 2: Hey, how did it feel when you woke up today?
Speaker 3: It's pretty good. It was surreal obviously for a second. But the way I look at it is woke up, new day, and now we gotta won another one.
Speaker 1: I was up there doing the postgame show when your family and friends were on the field with you.
Speaker 2: It kind of felt like you were an.
Speaker 1: Amusement park character as you were just standing there for photos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had to make sure to get our pictures in and get the hugs in. Obviously you have to do that after your debut. I was just glad they were able to be here and see it.
Speaker 2: Nice that you got the ball back too.
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely, I wish I would have lost one, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gonna come. That's gonna come.
Speaker 3: Kidding, No, it was a it was an unreal experience. Obviously, you win a ballgame like that with a team like this, you get to be a part of a lineup like that, and it's, uh, it hits a little different.
Speaker 2: No doubt.
Speaker 1: What's it like to be in a lineup with so many great hitters that lengthen.
Speaker 3: It, Oh, it's great. Less eyes off you and you get to play the game a little more.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, to say it's special.
Speaker 2: Not be saying that much.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like you're the best scout because you got to play with the comet Hayesan Kim before he even got here. I mean, I'm sure you saw this many times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's uh, he's very electric. He's uh, he's fun to watch. He plays the game hard and essentially that's really all you can ask for out of a player. And obviously showing up to the art every day. Watching a guy like that play is pretty special.
Speaker 1: Clayton Kershaw was holding a bat. He hasn't done that since twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: Hey, he can swing it. He can swing he's got a career homer. He's got a career homer. So uh yeah, anytime he can touch my bat, maybe he'll put a few hits in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, doubt.
Speaker 1: Hey, there was one Opening Day in twenty thirteen against the Giants, complete game shutout.
Speaker 3: With Homer with a homer. Oh yeah, you know your history. Oh it's his one career Homer. I asked him how many?
Speaker 2: He told me? Just one?
Speaker 3: Told him I wanted to see another one.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: What was it like being around him for those rehabs starts in Oklahoma City?
Speaker 3: It's pretty special. It's Clinton Kershaw so to say it's not special to be lying, you know, being able to catch him, work with him, game plan with him, that was all. It was pretty eye opening.
Speaker 1: What are the chances Dalton Rushing catches curse shot tomorrow? Can you give us a sneak peek?
Speaker 3: We'll see, We'll see, we'll see. If so, then it'll be a special day for not only myself, but Kershaw as well.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dalton Rushing has a sense of the history of the game and the history of the Dodgers. Why don't you share with everybody who you told me was your favorite player.
Speaker 3: I've got a lot of comps to Piazza, So we'll see how We'll see how well I can hold up to that.
Speaker 1: Hey, I told you Mike Sosha was my favorite player. But I love Piazza when he was coming up. I'm still trying to work on getting him to come back one day.
Speaker 3: Hey, bring him on, whoever you'd like work with any of those Dodger grades. You know.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Hey, before I let you go, I thought it was awesome being productive. Only your second day here, you were going out to first base to get some infield drills in.
Speaker 2: How comfortable have you felt there?
Speaker 3: Pretty comfortable at first, played there a few years in college, and obviously played there a little bit earlier in my minor league career. So yeah, just trying to keep availability open and anyway I can find my way on the field, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I love seeing that.
Speaker 1: I love everything about you because obviously the talent's there, but the work ethic, the determination, and the qualities of the person certainly are big, especially to be a catcher.
Speaker 2: We talked about that.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I appreciate that. David.
Speaker 1: All Right, Dalton, thanks a lot for the time. Let's go out this way, hunt Dalton. We're gonna walk and talk just like Jim Hill does on the pregame show. Thanks a lot for the time, and you never know, we might see you with old Kershaw tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I said old, not deep.
Speaker 3: No, he's young. He's young.
Speaker 2: You know that, no doubt, far from over. Thanks thought, Thanks David,