Speaker 1: Here we go. Okay, oh my good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: He.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan, wakey, wakey, hands off snaky everybody. Good morning rod Ryan show check it in on this greed Beer Friday. And I know, like just from my first email, another of our favorite Raymundo's, this is another one. Good morning, brother Rod. If I call you now, can you just put me on hold for the free beer and the Metallica tickets? Thank you very much. Well, that's not how it's gonna work, Raymondo. Good morning, But I know you know what we're offering up today. We know how special today is. Welcome aboard to Free Beer Friday. All the beer winners get tickets to see Metallic. Now, of course I've got that that other pair of Metallica tickets that comes with all the fun stuff, and that's in the first five rows.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be on know the show.
Speaker 1: But let's just focus on these Metallica tickets all throughout the day. Now, four five pair given away today on the show, and then a sixth pair will be given away at Ditch Day.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Ditch Day, everybody.
Speaker 1: So man, you can tell we're gonna have a lot of ground to cover today on the show, Brandon's gonna go for win number three in the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 3: We'll get rolling with that at around six twenty.
Speaker 1: Lot collective Soul tickets at eight twenty open phones. Friday, you guys get the whole last hour. And yeah, there's a chance of some scavit thunderstorms throughout the day and nothing's gonna stop Ditch day though, fifty percent chance today, Hive around eighty eight. Good morning, mo, Good morning. Oh we're gonna be so busy this morning. Help us out with Houston's headlines, please yes.
Speaker 4: Israel's air force launched surprise raids across Iran early Friday, hitting what commanders called dozens of nuclear attacks and military target it's Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the goal is to roll back the Iranian threat and warned the attacks will continue for as many days as it might take. The Iranian state television reported explosions, casualties and death of some important people, a revolutionary guard chief and the entire general staff of a supreme leader. A guy who had bowed a quote harsh response was hit in attacks as well. The US is being very clear they want to make sure everyone knows they played no role in planning or intelligence in this attack. All right, on Flag Day and President Trump's seventy ninth birthday tomorrow, activist plan nearly two thousand no Kings protests across all fifty states. It's the fifty five oh one movement, which is fifty states, fifty protests, one movement. That's what it's called. They say the events push back against what Trump is saying. Are acting like a king, is what they're saying. So they're just against big money power in politics. So here in Texas, we have already mobilized thousands of Guard troops. Will organizers stress these rallies are going to be non violent and urged participants not to bring weapons. The parade that Trump is hosting in DC will include tanks, jets and celebrate the army's two hundred and fiftieth birthday. All right, let's talk about Friday the thirteenth, that's today. I kind of forgot about it.
Speaker 1: Is it Jason Vohirie's birthday today?
Speaker 3: To Freddy Krueger's birthday?
Speaker 1: And I know that that's not right. Who's the guy from Friday the thirteenth movies. I do it's Jason, right, because Mike Myers was Halloween, so Jason's Friday the thirteenth, it's his birthday today.
Speaker 4: That seems convenient. Yeah, it's the only Friday the thirteenth in the whole year, which I think is interesting. There is a poll though that says eighty percent of Americans don't really believe in Friday in the thirteenth. But I think some people like worship today, don't they.
Speaker 1: I like the people that like to own it and make thirteen their lucky number.
Speaker 4: It's like, let's go. There are lots of promotions around because you know, you got to sell mattresses on a holiday. Krispy Kreme has a promotion today that I saw I thought was funny. You receive a dozen donuts for thirteen cents.
Speaker 3: Very clever.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's good for chrispy Krell's stuff.
Speaker 1: They jump on that stuff, all right.
Speaker 4: Were you a fan of Spaceballs?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a big deal when I was a kid.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you might have to correct me on this because Spaceball two's two was just announced.
Speaker 1: It's mel Brooks, who is still alive, which is amazing. He was old when I was a kid. When this movie came out, it was a parody of Star Wars.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Rick moranis played dark helmet. He had that huge he's going to be any huge helmet in the new one, and he's coming out of retirement for this thing. Now. Obviously John Candy's not around what Joan rivers, There's a couple of others and here, Yeah, he's not going to be there. But Bill Pullman is still alive and he's coming back for this. Yes, there's a trailer.
Speaker 4: There was so this mel Brooks guy like started posting about stuff. They haven't actually started filming, but they've been putting out teasers and so fans are like going crazy.
Speaker 1: It was a big deal.
Speaker 4: Josh Gadd the Canadian, he co wrote the new script, so he's expected to be in the film. It's just all the little Easterns.
Speaker 1: He's got to play the John Candy role then of yeah, he's gonna do yeah instead of Chewbacca, John Candy played like a dog.
Speaker 4: Named barsh Oh wait, that's funny.
Speaker 1: So I'm assuming Josh Dad would write himself into that role.
Speaker 4: I could see that pretty interesting. It's not coming out until twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Daphanie Zanoonga. I think was the Chicken it. I don't know why I'm remembering this stuff.
Speaker 4: No, it's all coming back.
Speaker 1: Hey, what is this, Alex. This is new twenty one pilots.
Speaker 4: We're going to hear today at A twenty What is funny?
Speaker 1: What do we know?
Speaker 4: A new song called the Contract the first taste of their album called Breach since Do out in September. At the same time, they announced the Clancy Tour Breach twenty twenty five. It's a North American run that starts September eighteenth and Cincinnati and ends in LA, covering twenty cities. The show is going to mix the Heathens with new tracks. They said, Okay, fans are excited, but yes, eight twenty, we have to play the song and chat about it. Those are Houston.
Speaker 3: Headlines eight twenty. We'll listen to it together.
Speaker 1: Wow, another win, Yeah, as.
Speaker 5: Those one last night being the White Sox forty three. Tonight they'll open up a weekend series with the Twins. Colton Gordon's gonna be on the mountain for this show is going against Minnesota's Chris Paddock. First pitches at seven to ten and you can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty kt ragents.
Speaker 1: Some more baseball news.
Speaker 5: The College World Series gets underway today in Omaha. The first game played today. We'll start at one o'clock. In hockey, Oilers got by the Panthers in overtime five to four last night in Game four of the Stanley Cup Final to tie this series up at two games a piece. The Oilers were down three nothing after the third period and Edmonton's Leon dry Siddle scored his fourth overtime goal of this postseason, which is a playoff record.
Speaker 1: That was a pretty crazy game.
Speaker 5: You thought it was over after the first then you thought the Oilers came back. They were up four to three with twenty seconds left, the Panthers scored to tie it. The whole place went nuts because they were in Miami, and they just took all the air out of the building.
Speaker 1: When dry Sitle scored the game winner, I made it till the Oilers came back and made it three to three, and there was all this scoring. It was the most exciting hockey ever, and I just my eyelids were undefeated, and I had to go.
Speaker 5: I had I had been relegated to the iPad with the overtime, and then I made the decision to like lay down and watch it, and then I just woke up.
Speaker 6: It was over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, So congrats to the Oilers. They tied it up and played Game five tomorrow night back at Edmonton. In basketball, Pacers and Thunder play Game four the NBA Finals tonight. Indiana is up to one in that series. Okay, see though there's six and a half point favorites. Tonight tip offs at seven to thirty. You can watch it on ABC. And in golf, it's Day two of the US Open in Oakmont, Pennsylvania. JJ spawn is your current leader at four under par. Only ten guys finished below par yesterday, which was pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: This is going on at sports. Here we go, guys. You know what we're doing today? Yeah, it's Ditch Day after the show, but we thought we would do a show before we go to Ditch Day, and one hell of a show. We're going to deliver free beer Friday with Metallica tickets. Let's do the damn thing. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 2: Bam, Friday. He got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right Bam Friday, mackam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Two. Good morning rod Ryan's show. Well, Hello, Hi, who I'm speaking with?
Speaker 6: This is E Rock are N's girlfriend Jen r N.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're both our ns.
Speaker 7: Yes, and he's here right now.
Speaker 1: E Rock is now like you're doing all the dirty work for E Rock.
Speaker 3: He's making you make the calls.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we are both calling. Oh I got two r ns at one time. I got one and right one of the left. Ear guys, your caller ten whoo.
Speaker 8: Whoo oh by eraq r In Jennifer RN, You're the winner of the first case ofvere today and I'm giving you tickets to the sold out Metallica show.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, thank you, thank you so much. Now. E Rock's been on the show a bunch. Jennifer, we have we met? Have we spoke before? No, we haven't.
Speaker 7: This is our first time.
Speaker 1: It's a hell of a to meet. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 9: It's nice way to meet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if you heard that. The Metallica show kind of sold out and the only place to get tickets is right here, and you got a case of beer and Metallica tickets.
Speaker 3: I'd say it's a pretty good day.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna be a great Friday in the thirteen.
Speaker 8: It sure is.
Speaker 1: All right. I hope you guys didn't have plans tomorrow because.
Speaker 3: You're going on the show.
Speaker 1: All right, Ah six, all right, Jennifer and e Rock are first winners. Way to go.
Speaker 3: Well, we're gonna do that all morning.
Speaker 1: Long, straight up at seven, eight and nine. Let's not forget our friends over expects for the beers. But yeah, the Metallica tickets. Now, ask me where these tickets are. I have no idea. I don't know.
Speaker 4: They're in the buildings.
Speaker 1: They are in the building. And let's not forget Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies opening. What did we say we think.
Speaker 4: Doors are four four thirty.
Speaker 1: Suicidal goes on at six, Pantara goes on at seven, and your Bay City Thrashers Metallica go on at eight thirty five. Saturday night, one a night it's going to be. I'm so excited. I got people coming in from out of town that are crashing and then boom, and then I just people everywhere. We're giving away a pair of tickets at Ditch Day today. I don't know if that's a good idea or.
Speaker 4: Or is it like a hot mess.
Speaker 1: Ditch Day is a hot mess. Ditch Day is nothing but a hot mess. So I said, I didn't know where these tickets are. I don't, I really don't. I just know that you wanted to be there. I scraped up four more ticket, four more pairs to give away with the beer. I can tell you that the Metallica tickets we give away on No the Show A haha, those are going to be the first row off the floor. Heck yeah, okay, and that also comes with some fun stuff. Okay, you're gonna get a vinyl a double vinyl copy of the newly remastered Load album, and then you're qualified the grand prize drawing of the limited edition number Deluxe Load box set that will be on the Know the Show. Metallica tickets, these ones that are coming with the beers. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, But like you said, you're in the building, right, anything cares.
Speaker 1: That's it. You're in the building. Yeah, all right, it's Metallica Day. It's Ditch day, and maybe it's Brandon's day. He's gonna go for win number three in the Fresh Out of Ed head to Head, So let me shut up, let me take a short break.
Speaker 3: When we come back reck.
Speaker 1: Check, we'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of d head to Head where Chili puts some awesome concert tickets.
Speaker 10: How to Train Your Dragon is the adventure of the summer in theaters now ho Houston's alternative and.
Speaker 11: Helm at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five, the buzz.
Speaker 1: All Ride, Welcome Back, Everybody, Good morning. A bunch of registered nurses got in on that first case of beer today and they not only won beer, but they won Metallica tickets. So we're gonna do that again at seven, eight and nine.
Speaker 3: Metallica tickets with every case of beer.
Speaker 1: And then the big ones are coming your way on Know the show and that is going to be the first row off the floor. Plus comes with the album, plus comes with the grand prize drawing and all of that stuff. Now today fifty percent chances scattered thunderstorms, highs up around eighty eight. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it could rain. It's ditch Day. I don't care. I'm going well, rain's not gonna keep me out of ditch Day. We got white T shirts. It's gonna be a big wet T.
Speaker 3: Shirt contest out there.
Speaker 1: Alex. What's trending? Spaceball two is trending.
Speaker 5: They're gonna do another one, and Rick moranis is gonna be back on it.
Speaker 1: Josh Gad wrote it. We just talked about it in headlines. Yeah, people are really really excited. I would say ten people emailed me that yesterday did you see?
Speaker 3: Did you see?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're anywhere got a whiff of your light, yesterday you saw. But if you're in your late forties fifties, Spaceballs was a big deal.
Speaker 5: The Yeah, people are talking but that this morning. Also, Taylor Swift is trending. Did you guys c o MG?
Speaker 1: Was they were at the game. It was like in an NFL game.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you I mean, if you watch they showed it every the camera thirty five seconds they're like, oh, by the way, and here's Taylor Swift again with Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 1: Didn't see them in a box in the box I watched it. I didn't see her.
Speaker 5: I think she should be like candidate should give her honorary citizenship, brought him good luck?
Speaker 1: She did, She did basically save them from the dead. Then Antonio Brown is also trending. He is wanted for attempted murder. Man. I to that notification. Moe and I were talking about this. I said, this guy is so talented, he's got so much athletic ability, and he just can't get out of his own way, so might have CT. Yeah, that's sure.
Speaker 4: Murder.
Speaker 1: You can't attempt to murder. You can't do either of this.
Speaker 5: They're trending on ninety five the bus sad.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody. That is Brandon.
Speaker 12: So sorry to disappoint you. And I'm talking to those who wanted me to be a one pump chump. I am your fresh out of bed head to head two day champions. Join me on free beer Friday when I nail another victory feet and make it win number three bitches.
Speaker 3: I if you can hear there were six million edits in there, but he nailed it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had him do it word by word.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: He nailed it.
Speaker 4: Sounded like a million bucks.
Speaker 3: If you think you can.
Speaker 1: Beat Brandon seven one, three two one, two, five, nine, four five.
Speaker 13: My dad gave me a kidney, and when that failed, he gave me another kidney, and then a third kidney.
Speaker 1: Happy Father's Day to all the amazing dads. Well my dad left mom for a Brazilian stripper. And to all the smart dads too, Rod Ryan.
Speaker 14: On ninety four five to the bus, Here we go, ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Happy free Beer Friday, Father's Day Weekend, Metallica Weekend.
Speaker 1: I don't care what you want to call it, but it's Ditch Day today. I know that we'll see you all at Cactus Cove thirty three, thirty three West eleventh Street. When does the party start, rod officially? Noon to two? You do what you want, Okay. I saw Dallas, Daniel and Daisy on the road driving in from Dallas. Already drive safe, y'all coming in for the party. They're coming in for the party, coming in, They're coming in hot. Yeah, there's a fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms. I get that high eighty eight. Today we're partying no matter what. And now it's time for the fresh out of bed Head to head challenge.
Speaker 3: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Brandon, Good morning, Brandon. You're going for win number three today? Yes, sir, okay, okay, okay. Pam says she can beat you. Hi, Pam, Hi, Hi Pam. Welcome to the game, he tells me. You've never played before.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't.
Speaker 3: It has been a week.
Speaker 1: Of fresh fish fresh. Oh that is fresh, so fresh, Pam, Pam. It's easy. You've heard the game right right, Yeah, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Silly questions, some of them are real questions. Now it scares me.
Speaker 4: You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Some of them are real. Some of them are.
Speaker 1: There's a real girl, speedy, some of them are a little speedy, Pam. If you, yes, sir, shout out your name before Brandon, and you do that twice, you'll win this.
Speaker 4: I have a pair of tickets to see bowlby Hailstorm. Do you like twenty nights?
Speaker 9: Seven?
Speaker 4: One three? Musical?
Speaker 1: Great show, great show. Now, I'll just say both of this, both of you guys. Your phones are a little loud. I don't know if you're driving around with the windows.
Speaker 4: Down or the hands free devices blowing.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna go. We're gonna go with what we got.
Speaker 1: Here, Pam, are you ready to play? Yes, sir Brandon, you ready to play? By ready? Okay, I don't know what the hell is going to happen here. I don't know what the hell's gonna happen. I mean, Brandon was a fresh FISHSS a couple of days ago, and Pam's a fresh clam. Pam, Pam the fresh clam. Stop here we go. Shout shout out your name when you think you know the answer, stop that laughing.
Speaker 3: You're not here to have fun. We're here to play a game.
Speaker 1: Question number one, which country borders the United States to the.
Speaker 15: Pam?
Speaker 1: Now, Pammy, Brandon, Brandon, you said your name first.
Speaker 3: What's the answer? Yeah, because at the end of that question.
Speaker 1: It was to the north. Now, here's what happened there. I was answering, I was asking the question. Brandon said his name, so I figured, okay, he's got this. So I ran and got a couple of call Okay, now wait a minute, wait, we were we were at we were on a cream so I ran in a corner store. I picked up some creamers, came back. Pam forgot my card, forgot my card to get in the building.
Speaker 4: Don't let him get in your head.
Speaker 1: I called Mo, Mo came down to get me because I forgot my card. I ran up, fixed my coffee, came back. Pam set her name, Pam, you gotta find another gear. Question all right? Question number two? What does w W W Brandon World? With respect to the Internet, It means world wide Web.
Speaker 16: Da Hey, Pam, you're fun.
Speaker 1: Pam, you were fun? Would you Will you play again?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 17: I will.
Speaker 4: I promise I'll call back.
Speaker 3: Okay if I don't bust your clam next time?
Speaker 1: Will you play again? Yes?
Speaker 16: You know I have to admit I've ad it rhymed with spam ham jam clams.
Speaker 18: That's that's the first.
Speaker 1: That's the first.
Speaker 4: Yes, first, good job.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, Pam, have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Thank you, good bye, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Brandon. You got bul Beat Hailstorm tickets. I'm gonna invite you to come back and play on Monday. You want you dig all that? Yes? That's awesome, my man. Hey, I'm not made up money? What am I have? Money? Tree? I just need bail Dad, National Bank of Dad. Happy Father's Day, No frod Ryan Show ninety four, Good Blush ninety four or five, The Bus Papa roachin Last res or. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. I believe was talking about Paparoa yesterday. We're talking about a new album coming out music blog page for all that information. I know you only look at the Looking at Girls blog page, but i'd like I'd like you to go see, you know, today's Fanny Friday and the rod Ryan Show Cares online store and then Chili. We do need to repost just to make sure that it pops up to the top that Metallica Information pop up store, right yeah, Metallic this morning Metallic Information. They did already. Unfortunately pick a winner. Pat Morrero told me that he was notified that he did not win the fifth member of Metallica. That was a contest they were running.
Speaker 4: That seems really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so somebody, I don't know, somebody locally won that. Do we know who?
Speaker 3: We know who it is, please find please step forward.
Speaker 1: More Metallica tickets coming with every case of beer today straight up at seven, eight and nine, and then we'll leave you with those first row off the floor Metallica tickets on Know the show. But right now we got to bring the champion over here. Franshana bed Head to Head Challenge here's your current champion.
Speaker 15: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 12: That's Brandon.
Speaker 7: I am your fresh out of bed head.
Speaker 12: To head three day champion, and I think I might be getting the hang of this.
Speaker 7: And Chiley keep bringing the fresh fish.
Speaker 12: Join me on Monday when.
Speaker 7: I make it win number four, bitches.
Speaker 1: I mean, he really is getting the hang of this. He is getting the hang of this. So don't get comfortable though, Brandon, Okay, don't.
Speaker 3: Lose your edge.
Speaker 1: I'm I was gonna give you some Summer of Loud tour tickets coming up on the flashback, but I thought i'd bring in some new fun facts for you guys. It's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 3: We make you look smart and funny.
Speaker 1: Everybody sits the fuck to the Day. Yeah. I brought in three new ones for you today, Captain Cash, brother Rod being Father's Day weekend for you. Yeah, and then you get Father's Day weekend and Grandfather's Day weekend. You get all of that. I'm the grandkids now seven?
Speaker 4: Dang? What did they call you?
Speaker 1: Boss?
Speaker 4: And that is so hot?
Speaker 1: He's got seven and his youngest son who's married, hasn't even started yet.
Speaker 4: Oh you can have more?
Speaker 1: All right? Here we go, How about this for some fun facts. Hell, remember watching Batman on TV in the sixties.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but then the reruns you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Afterwards it ran seventies eighties. Robin the trustee sidekick of Batman. He said three hundred and fifty six different things after the word holy. That was kind of Robin's cat tras. They included holy armadillo, Batman, holy hamburger, Batman, holy grammar, and one time he even said holy unrefillable prescriptions. Wow, three hundred and fifty six different ones. Interesting. The International Space Station is the most expensive thing that has ever been build. The estimated cost they don't even know, but they estimate the cost at more than one hundred billion dollars. Who are they retiring yet? Do I know? That?
Speaker 5: Is everybody?
Speaker 3: Everybody just looks scared. Sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't work for NaSTA.
Speaker 1: My mouth just moves sometimes and doesn't even think about what it's saying. Obviously, I thought there was some I thought it was being replaceders. I don't know. They're adding a new wing. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Probably because there is a toy in every happy meal.
Speaker 1: McDonald's is the world's largest distributor of toys. That's neat apparently more than Santa Claus. On a similar note. On a similar note, well, I think Santa probably does deliver more toys but McDonald's. But McDonald's is the world's large That's not Santa Claus. McDonald's is the world's largest distributor of toys. Got it. On a similar note, the largest producer of tires in the world. No, you weren't here for this fun fact. These guys know the answer. What lego. It's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 14: We make you look smart every buddies, it's the fun back to the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that blew my mind.
Speaker 3: World's largest producer of tires.
Speaker 4: I'm so thankful for you, Rob, thank you learn something new every day.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. I'm a treat. What do you giving away?
Speaker 4: I have a pair of tickets the Summer of Loud Tour. It's I Prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill Switch Engage, Parkway Drive All at the Woodlands Pavilion on June twenty eighth. If you know the fun fact, flash.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, it's your fun What song was going to use in the chorus Give me some starlight, Starlight Sun. I will spare you my singing. My singing is actually so good it would give away the answer, right, I mean what anyone was still listening here? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, give me some starlight, starlightsun.
Speaker 3: I can't help myself it all right?
Speaker 1: What song did that become? Seven?
Speaker 3: One, three four five?
Speaker 5: It's now time for rock out with your stock, out with captain cash.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go, boss. How do you do our Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 17: Not a bad down Wall Street. The Dow was up one hundred and one points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand nine sixty seven, NASDA c up forty six, we're nineteen thousand and six sixty two BENCHMARKT and your treasuries trading at a four point three eight percent, and oil stands at seventy three dollars eighty one cents a barrel to The most active is the big studs, United Health, am Jen and Murk, the big duds, Boeing three M, and Verizon. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on the consumer sentiment for June. Right now, futures, let's go ugly on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm out, here.
Speaker 17: This is hallan manage director with Raymon James porter for The rod Ryan Show. From Raymond James on Same Fleet and Augustin, don't forget to always rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 11: Famian's expressed are those of All Land and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I, ARNT Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance trans mention, We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your am. This programs were educational and informational serposes. On lasts and duds are based on movement as reported by Yadin and Houston's Rock and.
Speaker 19: Alternatives and The rod Ryan Morning Show six Am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. We are back. We've got tickets for you already.
Speaker 9: It's Jorge fun.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we knew.
Speaker 1: Is this Josiah? Is that correct?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 1: There it is, dude. How are you I'm doing great? Good morning? Are you awesome? Thank you? Josiah who had a song that was originally called Starlight and the Hook of the song went give me some Starlight, Starlight sun Who.
Speaker 21: All right, all right, I can tell you the artist and the song.
Speaker 1: Tell you the truth, Josiah, go ahead, Yeah, it's Michael Jackson and the song was thriller. Yeah, dude, skid me.
Speaker 3: Like that, beautiful boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, give me some starlights up.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take it from here and tell Josiah he won a pair of tickets to the Summer of Loud tour. Josiah, You'll be in the Weodlands June twenty eighth, have the best time, friend.
Speaker 1: All Right, all right, bro, thank you, you're the man. Yea happy Father's Day. This is the rod Ryan Show on ninety four or five the Buzz. Okay, ninety four or five the buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Boy. We're close. We've got more beer for you. Every case of beer is coming with Metallica tickets. I mean, just like that. If you didn't know that, what come on four times today we'll give away beer, and four times today we will have tickets to the.
Speaker 3: Sold out Metallica show tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: We'll leave you with know the show and those will be for those really really good Metallica tickets, not to say that the ones coming with the beer are not good. I just don't know where they are most at at best. Shout up, you're in the building. She didn't say the shut up, Pard. It sold out so fun the know. The show ones are the first row off the floor, as we've been coming down in those first five rows, and then we'll have to pick a grand prize win or two before we get out of here. But hey, it's tickets. It's sold out. I agree with you. It's huge, and it's coming your way in about five or six minutes. All right, So let me let MO do or thing. Houston's headlines what you got over there?
Speaker 4: Sir Israel. The Air Force launched surprise raids across Iran early Friday, hitting what commanders called dozens of nuclear and military targets. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the goal is to quote roll back the Iranian threat, and he warns the attacks will continue for as many days as it takes. The US came out very publicly and said they had no role in planning or intelligence, and they're focused on protecting our own troops. The rain that we experienced yesterday proved deadly in San Antonio, where roads turned into rivers, sweeping away cars, killing at least five people. Seven inches of rain with two inches falling in just thirty minutes in some spots closed many roads, while officials urge drivers just to stay home. We look ahead to more downpours possibly later this week. Fifty percent chance for rain today plus heat and humidity here in Houston. Thunderstorms expected around noon. Hey, Happy Father's Day to all my kings.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's hanging up in the room here? Just real quick, tell everybody what you brought in today or who made it?
Speaker 4: My four year old sailor. Yeah, made a sign for all of y'all, for Rod, for Alex, for dog Dad Chili. It says Happy Father's Days, but lots of patriotic stickers all the so she's gonna be excited to see it. She also has presents. We need to open them in a little bit. And speaking of President, thank you so.
Speaker 1: Much for that.
Speaker 3: It is so beautiful. We hung it off.
Speaker 1: We hung it up in the studio immediately, and I'll make sure I get a picture of it.
Speaker 4: Google surveyed the top trending Father's Day gifts things we've been searching for number one on the list.
Speaker 1: Grills, oh yeah, that obviously, grill stuff is great.
Speaker 4: And great, cutting boards, watches, dart boards were surprisingly in the top ten, and personalized socks, which would become the twenty twenty five version of buying your dad a tie. I hope you'll have a Father's Day that you love. Thank you, Hey, Rod, I know you appreciate a pop princess. So I want to know what do you think of Sabrina Carpenter's new album cover.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to sit around with my daughter. Okay, girl, Dad over here, Alex, I speak for you too when we just sit down and talk about, you know, body positivity and how that's all I talk about with my daughter and the difference between empowerment and objectification. And I can't wait to have these discussions. But that's the discussions of it. That is it.
Speaker 3: People are happy.
Speaker 4: We're talking about Sabrina. Iounce her new album yesterday. It's causing a lot of controversy. It's called Man's Best Friend and the cover has Sabrina on all fours in front of a man who's pulling a handful of her hair. Her fans are defending it as satire, so powerful of her power, and a commentary on how badly women are treated. Sabrina also graces the cover of Rolling Stone, and in the interviews, she says, it's always so funny to me when people complain because those songs are the songs that they're the most popular. She said, I truly feel like I've never lived in a time where women have been more picked apart, leave her alone. She knows what she's doing. She's a man hater, okay, but is.
Speaker 3: She contributing to society's pressure on women?
Speaker 1: Goodbye?
Speaker 4: Her songs are pro women.
Speaker 3: Let's settle this argument here on this show today.
Speaker 1: Let's let's na woke up this morning.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Green Day. Green Day frontman Billy Joe Armstrong posted a long shoved, punk flavored cover of The Beach boys nineteen sixty four hit I Get Around, This is It?
Speaker 1: This is It?
Speaker 4: Right here, up and down the same strip.
Speaker 1: He's got a great voice to cover this I love It song. When I heard that he did it, I couldn't hear it in my head. Now that you're right, I'm listening to it.
Speaker 4: He's perfect for this, he said he recorded it years ago but never felt like it was the right time to release it until Brian Wilson died and in a post he said, thank you Brian, one of my heroes when he passed away. Like everyone's tributes have been so kind, seeing Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, everybody. I kind of like this song. Though you think you would play it.
Speaker 3: We got it on the music blog page.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Take it.
Speaker 5: Astro's got another win last night. They beat the White Sox sport to three. Tonight they're gonna open up a weekend series that's the Twins. Colton Gordon will be on the mound for this DROs going up against Minnesota's Chris Paddock. First pitches at sevent ten. You can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven to ninety and News Radio seven to forty K T Rach and some other baseball news. The College World Series get underway today. They got two games on the schedule. The first one will start at one o'clock hour time. In hockey, the Oilers got by the Panthers in ot last night, five to four in Game four the Stanley Cup Finals, so that series is now tied.
Speaker 1: At two games a piece. The Oilers were down three to zero after the third period.
Speaker 5: In Edmonton's Leon Dreisidle scored his fourth overtime goal of the postseason, a playoff record. I'll play Game five tomorrow night back in Edmonton. In basketball, Pacers and Thunder play Game four the NBA Finals tonight. Indiana is up to one in that series, but OKC is a six and a half point favorite. For tonight's game tip off set seven thirty. You can watch it on ABC. And in golf, it's Day two of the US Open in Oakmont, Pennsylvania. JJ Spawn is the current leader at four under par. That is what's going on in sports. In light, tight and bright news.
Speaker 1: There is a Houston, Texan that is headlining the Crazy Criminal blog page today. Yeah, so there's a local story. Uh, you never want on the Crazy Criminal blog page. But I'm just gonna let you go look to links and guests to find them.
Speaker 19: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, Let's go, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 2: Friday Bday. You got a free ban Friday. You got a free man Friday, Free Bam Friday, Right Bam Friday Bam Friday, Free Fridayday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's really really awake this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder what's going on normally, you know, you get to go up.
Speaker 22: At three every morning.
Speaker 7: Can't wait till y'all come on.
Speaker 18: Mate, my day.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I understand why everybody is a little I got a little extra pep in their step this morning because it's free beer Friday, and that's always fun. But it's free beer Friday plus Metallica tickets and you're calling turn.
Speaker 13: I love it, I love you, we love you so much.
Speaker 9: What's your name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's what's your name?
Speaker 20: I just pulled up to a stop.
Speaker 18: I delivered uniforms.
Speaker 21: They probably think I'm dying after my workshop.
Speaker 1: I'm okay.
Speaker 6: I'm okay.
Speaker 1: Almost at me, I'm okay.
Speaker 7: I just my tickets already.
Speaker 1: Go listen.
Speaker 7: My name's Monica.
Speaker 1: Hello, Monnica.
Speaker 14: We get there.
Speaker 1: Yes, listen, Mo say hi to Mo. Mo.
Speaker 4: I love you so much.
Speaker 3: Do you have some Metallica tickets over there?
Speaker 4: Metallica tickets for you and case Bear?
Speaker 1: Come on, let's do it. Let me, We're gonna do it. We're gonna do it tomorrow. We're gonna do it tomorrow night. Now.
Speaker 3: The doors are gonna be four four thirty.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: The first band, Suicidal Tendency, goes on at six, Pantera at seven, and then the band We're all rocking out to you right now, Metallica eight thirty. They hit the stage. Monica, you are in that sold out show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm so happy. We love you.
Speaker 1: I love you and I mean it when I say it seriously.
Speaker 3: This has been so much fun.
Speaker 4: Your pictures from the show, sister.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, snap a few pops.
Speaker 21: Oh yeah, definitely get that all right.
Speaker 1: Monica, hang on the phone for me. I'm telling you, it's not gonna get any better than that.
Speaker 4: This is what we do for work. Is so amazing.
Speaker 1: It is not to get Wow, I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: She has me so fired up right now.
Speaker 1: I didn't need any I didn't need that. That was such a page. Geez, I'm gonna skip my testosterone shot. Gosh, she's got me going. It's amazing, so much fun. That's the second pair of Metallica tickets that we've given away. A third pair will be given away at eight, the fourth pair at nine. All the beer from Specs is also coming with a pair of Metallica tickets. Now we leave you on know the show with those really really good Metallica tickets that'll be in the first row off the floors. We've been counting down in the first five rows off the floor. And then we got a grand prize to give away too. With those Metallica tickets, I would do. Okay, Monica, you're on the hook. You do have to take some pictures. I'll take pictures too. On Saturday night. I would like somebody that would share with us what what is your experience going to be like at this pop up shop?
Speaker 3: I'd like to see what's going on with that this morning.
Speaker 1: I am not going. I don't have time though either. I know, but but I'm not going. We we have a little thing going on today called Ditch Day, so I can't make the pomp up.
Speaker 4: That would kill for some merch.
Speaker 1: Am I going to get in line at Metallica? If it's reasonable, I would get in line.
Speaker 18: Will it be reasonable?
Speaker 1: It won't be reasonable. I don't think it will be.
Speaker 3: And do I have ten Metallica shirts?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Do I need a Metallica shirt?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 1: It's your weekend, bro, You're the king. I'm not missing those opening bands. Kids, I am missing and.
Speaker 5: Use your father's play that card, like you know what, you should go wait in line.
Speaker 1: So for me, it's my weekend. You're right, because I'll be the only dad at Metallica. Excuse me, dad coming.
Speaker 5: Through, Dan, get anybody, everybody it's not a dad has to go stand in line for the dads.
Speaker 1: Oh I see, I'm saying. Okay, I thought maybe Father's Day father all fathers get go to the.
Speaker 4: Father's line front row fathers.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if there was only a father's merch booth that would be the busiest merch booth.
Speaker 4: There isn't that dad's jobs Like you can get snacks and to get merch. Yes, pay for this, dad.
Speaker 1: There's definitely no benefits. There's no benefit to being a dad out there. Oh my guys, more Metallica, more beer.
Speaker 4: More everything, Get more Monicas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more Monica's stick around because we're gonna jump around after this break man, I wouldn't go anywhere.
Speaker 10: How to Train Your Dragon is the Adventure of the Summer in theaters now Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan's show Free Beer Friday. Two beer winners so far, all those beers. They went out with pairs of Metallica tickets, and we'll do it again at eight and nine. Sold out show Metallica. I asked Shelly to bump up all that Metallica information. I guess the only thing is left to do. The blood drive is over. Winning the backstage meet and greet is over. They offered that up to Metallica fan members and you can sign up for it.
Speaker 3: We did that earlier in the week.
Speaker 4: I've got fair to assume the movies sold out. I don't know this evening.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, I tend to forget that because I don't go to the movies. You do pre buy your tickets for movies. I don't know if those movies are sold out. So there's information about the movie. There's a Metallica movie that they're running this weekend. And then the pop up shop. This is this is just one email, Jordan says brother Rod. I drove by the Metallica pop up shop on my normal work commute. I saw people already lined up on the sidewalk. Stay rock hard, Jordan, Hey girl, that's a girl.
Speaker 4: Jordan a girl.
Speaker 1: I am not surprised for a second that there are people already in line to buy Metallica merchandise at the pop up. I'm not surprised, So I believe.
Speaker 4: It, Stef. You can't get anywhere else, right.
Speaker 1: There's I think there's a couple of things that's the big ticket. It don't though right if you want the Houston specific.
Speaker 4: Line, Uh, I want one. I gotta go, Rod, I'm gonna go get in line.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go get in line?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you make pick you up something?
Speaker 1: Oh she want?
Speaker 3: Michelle said, I want that vinyl in that poster. I don't know. Michelle said that she's gonna go to the pop up. She sent an email. So there is something, Yeah, of course there is.
Speaker 1: Like Record store Day, there's always like a limited couple of things that are special.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure there's something special in the store that I.
Speaker 1: Don't even know about. But you know who knows? The people that are in line right now, Holy craps. All right, Chilie's got a link up for that. What's trending over there? Fanny Friday? Ever heard of it? I have? It's trending right now.
Speaker 5: Hope Ann was submitted to us by Cody Gone Gaming.
Speaker 1: Shout out to him.
Speaker 5: I think you're gonna like what to see when you head over to the Wild Fantash rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Cody.
Speaker 5: Stanley Cup Final is also trending. The Oiliers beat the Panthers in overtime last night, five to four. They were down three to zero after the first period, came back took a four to three lead. The Panthers tied it up with twenty seconds left to go, and then Leon Drysdle scored a playoff record fourth overtime goal of the postseason to even the series up at two games apiece.
Speaker 1: These games are so good I almost want to record Saturday while I'm at Metallica and then come home and watch it and try to like not look at Twitter and stuff, which is not a bad idea.
Speaker 5: I mean telling you over games have gone to overtime.
Speaker 3: They're great games.
Speaker 1: If you ever thought about dipping your toe into maybe checking out hockey right now is a good time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there fun fun games. They're they're they're getting chippy. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: And I think the slam on you know, hockey sometimes soccer the same thing.
Speaker 3: There's not a lot of scoring. There's been some good scoring going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of goals.
Speaker 5: I believe they outscored the Astros in White Sox last night.
Speaker 20: Wow.
Speaker 1: Think about that.
Speaker 5: Callum Turner is also trending. I did not know Callum Turner was until like twenty seconds ago. Hell us, he is is engaged to do a lipa and so people are like, who's Calum Turner?
Speaker 1: Who's doing there? She's a pops there. Oh yeah, well I get her confer just there's a doja cat Lisa, and then there's Sister Sledge their aunts. But yeah, Calum Turner.
Speaker 5: The people like, oh, I almost call her Doja du Aleipa is engaged. Let's go see who the guy she's engaged to is. So they're searching for Calvin Turner. That's just training. I'm not even find the bus.
Speaker 1: I'm more of a doja a lipa guy.
Speaker 4: I like, yeah, the hybrid, Yeah yeah, yeah, thanks for keeping us cool.
Speaker 20: Rid.
Speaker 9: It's like a till.
Speaker 1: It's a tribute band. I think they did nothing but cover both artists.
Speaker 3: What are you giving away?
Speaker 4: I'm there. You can see the struts with dirty Honey, September twenty fifth, House the Blues tickets on sale now ticketmaster dot com or if you're callar ten seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I have anything left in me after that Metallica beer winner.
Speaker 4: Monica Monica.
Speaker 3: Oh, I do have some left in.
Speaker 9: Right now?
Speaker 1: I do have some less all right, I can do this. Come on, jump with me, everybody, jump with me, as you're calling seven to one, three two and two five nine four five, House of Pain. Time to jump around ninety four five the buzz, Yeah, budday. You know how we do it, Friday mornings, ninety four or five the buzz. So glad to have you guys on board and jumping around with us on this free beer Friday with Metallica tickets.
Speaker 3: Uh, so much going on?
Speaker 1: Are we not even talking about Ditch Day today? We talked about it a lot though you don't know you're never gonna Yeah, I mean it's today, it's today.
Speaker 3: You know I work here.
Speaker 1: You guys know that you work here. I'm more of a take my T shirt home and wash it guy. So, uh, I got I got into the T shirts yesterday and I took my T shirt home and I washed it, but I got it's good.
Speaker 3: But I and It's day T shirt on and I'm ready to rock it.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait to have you guys carve it up with your sharpies and everything else.
Speaker 3: Did you get a T shirt? You gout one aside?
Speaker 4: I actually took mine home and washed it as well.
Speaker 1: She's laughing at Bay.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, Oh Rod, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited too. You're all invited. It's an adult party though. The only reason why I say that it's not for the kids. This is not for the littles. This is just you have to be of drinking age to come to our party today, and I know a lot of kids are off of school we had this week. I mean, I don't know if anything's going to be better than Monica, who won that beer at seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's going to get any better than that.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of pressure for the rest of the winners.
Speaker 1: But I think it was Frank who was fourteen and he won the Metallica tickets for his dad for Dad's Day.
Speaker 3: He was going to go with dad.
Speaker 1: And that was the guy that we thought was maybe crying on the air, But it just turns out he was young kid.
Speaker 3: He was fourteen, And I don't know if it's going to get better than that.
Speaker 1: I know everybody wants to come and try to win these Metallica tickets at Ditch Day today, but it's a twenty one and up party, So I'm just giving your heads up on that cat go.
Speaker 4: We'll be there starting at noon. Yeah, and the love the way the Metallica tickets run too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I sign up?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, uh, I don't know how many of those little chili this is just uping to check with the with the fun squad. I don't know how many those little slips of paper we need to sign up. I mean it's one per person. Yeah, and there's no Hey, my friend's coming and I'm going to sign up for them or I've never had a woman like this in my life. You've all done these remotes where you've been behind the table and I don't know, a chick will come up. It's like, yeah, I'm gonna fill one out for my husband. I'm like, well, your husband needs to be here, Oh he's here. Where is he?
Speaker 3: Well, he's sitting over there.
Speaker 1: Where do you find these women I've never had a chick that's gonna like to help you out. Oh baby, you stay there, go sign up for both of us, one per person, one sign up per person. It's a big, big deal. The Metallica tickets two o'clock. I can't even imagine the reaction of that person, not oh my gosh, thinking you're not going to thinking you're not going to Metallica, and then two o'clock hits you're at a stupid party, and then all of a sudden.
Speaker 4: You're going to Metallic, life changing.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I can't wait two things about Metallica, and I'm gonna go answer the phones. Chris Dawtry. I don't know if you know that Chris Daughtry listens to the Rod Ryan Show, not the guy with the blacked out tattoos, but he still his name is Chris Daughtry. No for anyone going parking fifty.
Speaker 4: Dollars at the Metallica concert, just.
Speaker 3: I'm beyond Oh my god.
Speaker 1: This is why I don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: You should pre buy it, though, if you're going to do it, tell me how that works. It's all on the website on the Energy has everything okay, yeah, solid and with a bag, policies everything. Just check over that so you have all your bases covered.
Speaker 1: Right, and then you just flash them your phone and then boom, you're in Yep Okay, pre buying your Metallica parking.
Speaker 3: It's fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: It's Metallica guys.
Speaker 1: Okay. I sent Keith an email back. He said, good morning, brother Rod. I'm at the pop up store. I got here at seven. I'm about five hundred deep man waiting to get in see you at the show tomorrow, Keith the cabinet guy.
Speaker 3: I emailed Keith back and.
Speaker 1: I said, dude, I want to talk to you, and I'm just is there any way you can snap some photos of us, give us an idea of what it looks like over there. Keith, send me some pictures and I would like to get you on the air.
Speaker 3: I would like to hear.
Speaker 1: From you, just to get deep.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't open till ten am.
Speaker 1: I don't know how. It's not everybody's good at judging the size of cross.
Speaker 4: Okaya, but I am going to take you judge.
Speaker 1: I know that that means there's at least one hundred people in that line. He says, he's five hundred deep. Believe at the Metallica pop up. Oh my godness, Holy goodness, where's the Metallica pop up? Chili has a link up on the world famous rod Ryan shop page at the buzz dot com. We've got some tickets to go see the Struts and turn Honey.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning. Ooh can I hear you?
Speaker 1: It sounds like you got your radio on and you got a walkie talkie working and everything else.
Speaker 3: Can I just talk to you?
Speaker 1: Hello in the country.
Speaker 15: I don't have the radio.
Speaker 1: I got some fan sale service.
Speaker 20: But I'll do.
Speaker 3: You are deep in the country. Where are you going from?
Speaker 1: I'm well, bro, I'm glad that you got us on.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you got through.
Speaker 1: You are the temp. Paulo, the Straps.
Speaker 4: Strady Honey a September twenty fifth House the Blues. You'll be their friend.
Speaker 1: You're in Neil.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 22: I don't get yeah like a ticket, but I guess it's a pretty good Copilight.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I'm telling you just like I talked about people that saw Metallica on Monsters of Rock nineteen eighty eight. They were one of the baby bands that was on before Van Halen and the Scorpions. I think I'm gonna call it dirty honey. The Struts. I don't know why they can't break bigs. They need to be huge, but they're not dirty honey. You're gonna say I saw dirty Honey when at the House of Blues, and you're gonna have to go to the Toyota Center to see them in maybe three four years. Neil, you're in bro.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 19: Dear dad, Please accept this Father's Day card as a token of my poverty.
Speaker 1: Happy Father's Day. Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five, ninety four five the Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Cakes the Elephant, ain't no rest for the wicked Hope. You're off to a great start to your day. Happy ditch Day, everybody. Official start time at Cactus Cove today is noon. Don't be worried about that. Well, what's the deal with it stopping at two? No one's leaving at two. I think that's more of a Facebook event thing that you got to kind of put some sort of a cap on it when you create that. We did use that two hour window though, as the time to sign up to wint Hall tickets on site at Cactus Code today real talk. Now, guys, let's say we get Let's say we all like Alex got the most to do after the show. He's always telling me how busy he is. I don't know what he does and what he does Alex the mean we we'll take it. Do you want to listen to podcast and bitching? Maybe the go up?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's okay, I do know what he does.
Speaker 5: Company can't get us anything until like thirty minutes after the show.
Speaker 1: It won't go off until I can start editing it.
Speaker 4: I knew it was going to be so happy.
Speaker 1: I knew it was gonna be fun to ask you about what you do after the show when you get there.
Speaker 4: Do we just mogasm straight away?
Speaker 3: Or do we wait?
Speaker 1: We have to be together, we have to all be together, saying we can't four of us, We certainly can't do it until Ellis gets there and you don't think you're gonna be there much afternoon? Do you hope not? You can't never get a straight answer that stuff works? Then? Yeah, okay, right around there. Do we mogasm yes, the moment, all four of them the moment are together? Yes? Or do we wait?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: We do it, We do it right away. We just have to rip off the band take.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the hell we were thinking last year, but there was some sweet Baby Ray thing going on, and I don't know we were talking about sweet Baby Ray barbecue s, but we mixed it with vodka we were drinking. That wasn't even the shot. I don't even know what we were doing. I don't even know why we were talking about sweet Baby Race just sounded funny to say we did that.
Speaker 3: At the end of the show, it was disgusting. We're doing the mogasm as soon as it's your call.
Speaker 4: It's your first ditch day, as soon as we get there and we're all for together.
Speaker 3: Okay, when Alex gets there, we find Gunner and.
Speaker 4: Like, listen, hopefully Gunner does one too.
Speaker 1: We need help in securing a couple of mogasms, and we're going to do it. Okay, all right, that's great, that's great news. It's tequila base too.
Speaker 4: Well, we have no idea, wasn't it actually no idea?
Speaker 1: Well, that's the only idea that I have about the shot. Gunner was given the name, and Mo.
Speaker 4: Likes tequila drink of choice.
Speaker 1: He goes, I can run with that.
Speaker 7: I bet you can.
Speaker 4: I trust him, he's a professional.
Speaker 3: The problem is the.
Speaker 1: Directions you can run with that is scary. Yeah, come on down and join us at ditch Day today. A lot of people asking me how do I get a T shirt like I did? Like I'm wearing because you can see me. Thank you everybody that's watching us on Facebook and YouTube live. And I think we're on the X. This is the shirt that we're giving away. She got to be there early, and I listen, I know you.
Speaker 3: Guys like to get there early, but just take it easy on my guy.
Speaker 1: Chili. That's the one.
Speaker 4: He's in charge.
Speaker 3: That's the one thing I'm like, Listen, he's the scariest looking.
Speaker 1: Do it on the show. Put him in charge of giving out the T shirts and anybody gets out of line. I don't know. I just wouldn't. Chili. You should put those saber tooth tiger piercings in your face. That's what you should do. Or is that too dangerous for ditch Day. MO probably doesn't even know about those.
Speaker 23: I'm telling you, yeah, I was looking for them for bus face. I was looking at him for bus face. I almost put him back in, but he's got to say there were two tigers that come out of his lips piercing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you when was the last time.
Speaker 3: You wore those, bro?
Speaker 1: Man, It's been years.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen them in forever.
Speaker 23: Man, I have to like repierce it in order to get them back in.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, listen, maybe like the.
Speaker 23: First layer of skin has closed, so I just push them in and that little bit of stretching skin that you feel, you're just like, oh, I feel so good.
Speaker 3: Good luck, good luck with those t shirts, bro.
Speaker 23: So I'm not even worried about it. Hey, I went forward tomorrow. The way to my heart is beer and tequila today.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, chili can be bought. I also need a beer right now to be there. Can't be bribed. I'll bring you. I'll bring you one in Boddy.
Speaker 19: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: A story.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, we're in the car. London says to me, Daddy, don't have a good voice. I'm like, that's pretty good, baby. And we were listening to Lincoln Park and she was trying the Chester parts and I'm like, maybe go with the Mike Shanoda wraps.
Speaker 9: That's a good.
Speaker 4: Dad right there.
Speaker 3: She was really trying to hit those chester notes.
Speaker 1: And just like, there's two singers in this band, baby, go with the guy that you know the other guy.
Speaker 4: All are your dreams.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm telling you that happened in the car just yesterday.
Speaker 1: Good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Everybody, shout out to all those dads out there, Father's Day weekend, man, take it all in. I mean, this is all the great dads out there. I hope you have the best weekend, and I hope we can hook some more of you up with some Metallica tickets. I got another pair of tickets coming your way with the beer which is just minutes away, straight up at eight, straight up at nine. I hope you're not just hearing for the first time that all the beer winners are getting Metallica tickets this morning.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: World Premiere twenty one Pilots we're gonna do coming up right, We're gonna finally all get to listen to that twenty one pilot song together. I've got some more tickets for you. Open Phones is coming up. I got Metallica tickets on Know the Show. Those are the big ones. Those are the first row off the floor tickets. So we're just getting started here, MO, good morning. What do you got for Houston said lines.
Speaker 4: Israel's air Force launch surprise raids and Iran early Friday, hitting what commanders called dozens of nuclear and military targets. The Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin net and Yaho said the goal is to quote roll back the Iranian threat and warned the attacks will continue for as many days as it takes. US officials have been very open saying they had no role in planning or intelligence, and they are focused on protecting their own troops. On Flag Day and President Trump's seventy ninth birthday, M Marrow.
Speaker 3: Is it the Army's birthday too?
Speaker 4: It is two hundred and fifty years, activists are planning nearly two thousand no Kings protests across fifty Saints. They're calling themselves the five zero five zero one movement. So fifty states, fifty protests, one movement, Okay. They say the events push back against Trump quote acting like a king and against big money power in politics. The parade that Trump is hosting in Washington, d C. Will include tanks and jets to celebrate the army's two hundred fifteth birthday, and Texas is already mobilized thousands of Guard troops, but organizers stress the rallies are non violent and urge participants not to bring weapons.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I heard that's happened.
Speaker 1: There's going to be something happening here in Houston too, so just be safe, I mean, be safe and keep it peaceful, you know, I mean you can rage against the machine and not throw bricks.
Speaker 4: Thank you, keep everyone safe. Hey, Also a reminder, today's Friday, the thirteenth. That is the only Friday, the thirteenth of twenty twenty five. It's very interesting the month normal.
Speaker 1: The month has to start on a.
Speaker 4: Saturday, Sunday, I think one of those days effort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those days. Yeah, the month has to start on the day of the week for it further to be more than one.
Speaker 4: And isn't that fair?
Speaker 3: Thirteenth?
Speaker 4: Last year we only had two though, so I guess they're rare, which is why people love them. And we got to sell some mattresses today, so you know, Krispy Kreme has a promotion. You go by you receive a dozen doughnuts for thirteen cents. I'm sure there's plenty of deals out there. I'm pretty sure my name's getting a tattoo for thirteen dollars today.
Speaker 1: But if you're in this spooky, scary horror movies, apparently today is Jason va Hurry's birthday. I just found that out on a scary movie, Guy the Friday the thirteenth killer with a hockey mask.
Speaker 4: Wait? Is it the actor's actual birthday? I don't know, or is it the birthday they assigned to the character.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why doesn't that guy like Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's his birthday?
Speaker 3: Hey, he just goes ham on his birthday.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know these follow up questions when I tell you the stuff.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Spaceballs too. You know everything about that Roden.
Speaker 1: You really do.
Speaker 3: I was a fan of it like most people my age.
Speaker 1: You know, you were a fan of Star Wars, and then mel Old Brooks. Brooks put out this awesome parody called Spaceballs, and it was kind of brilliant.
Speaker 4: And he's the one that's been teasing, giving fansies little Easter egg hints. He said, the movie, well, it looks like the movie might be called The Schwartz Awakens.
Speaker 1: That's funny because they said instead of May the Force be with you. Of course mel Brooks. Mel Brooks is super Jewish. Okay, may the Schwartz. May the Schwartz be with you. Hey, the Schwartz be with you.
Speaker 4: They haven't even started filming, but they're getting fans excited. It comes out in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I think Billy Crystal was Yoda or whatever the Yoda character was.
Speaker 3: I think it was Billy Crystal.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of people that are still alive that they can bring you back.
Speaker 4: Three of the main characters. Yeah, and then Josh Gadd co wrote the new script, so he's expected to be in the film too, which he's funny.
Speaker 3: He's really funny, dude.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's talk about twenty one pilots. They just shared their new song called The Contract, the first taste of their album Breach Do out in September, and at the same time, they announced a tour covering twenty cities. It looks like the show the tour is gonna mix hits like Heathens with new tracks, and they promise fresh story bits. Fans are excited. We'll listen to the song right eight twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this clips got me excited to hear the whole song.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll listen to it together. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Have you heard of Alex and that just from this morning?
Speaker 1: Oh? But in its entirety? Yes, okay. I was listening to Night for five the buzz yesterday.
Speaker 4: We played it all day, but I heard it really all right?
Speaker 1: Well, hey, what's going on in sports?
Speaker 5: Obviously Astro's got another win last night because of the music. They beat the White Sox forty three. Tonight They're going to open up a weekend series with the Twins. Colton Gordon's gonna be on the mound for the shows, going up against Minnesota's Chris Paddock.
Speaker 1: First pitches at seven to ten.
Speaker 5: You can listen to it on our sister station's Sports Talk seven ninety News Radio seven forty k t AGE. The College World Series also gets underway today. I believe they played their first game at one o'clock hour time. In hockey, the Oilers got by the Panthers in ot last night, five to four in Game four of the Stanley Cup Final to even that series up at two games a piece. Oilers were down three zero after the third period, came back, took a four to three lead, and then the Panthers tied it up with twenty seconds left. The on Dry title of the Oilers scored his fourth overtime goal this postseason, a playoff record. You're gonna play game five tomorrow night back in Canada. In basketball, the Pacers and Thunder play game for the NBA Finals tonight.
Speaker 1: Pacers are up two one, Say is here up tow to one in that series?
Speaker 5: Tip off for the games at seven thirty and you can watch it on ABC. And it's Day two of the US Open in Oakmont, Pennsylvania. JJ Spawn is the current leader at four under par. That what's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: All right? It's been a chick sweep so far. On the beers and Metallica tickets. E Rock knew what he was doing to get that phone in his chick's hand.
Speaker 3: E Rock's woman. She won the.
Speaker 1: First case of beer and the Metallica tickets. And then who's ever gonna forget Monica who won those tickets? At seven o'clock it was one of the greatest. It was one of the greatest winter phone call of all time. Okay, so that's the excitement level that we're looking to bring.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 1: Two more opportunities for beer and Metallica tickets, and one's coming up just moments away.
Speaker 19: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Come on, is that Jason? Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: You got a free Bamdayday.
Speaker 9: Rock Friday.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm about to go click on a phone line.
Speaker 4: Here will we remind everyone what happened last hour?
Speaker 1: Monica?
Speaker 4: Her name was Monica. She was screaming with excitement and terrified her coworkers terrified me. I mean I would run through a wall for that. Lady.
Speaker 1: Here I go, just clicking a phone line. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Are you doing I'm doing great? Who's this here? Call her? Ten? Bye bye ten. I'm giving you beer and I'm giving you sold out Metallica tickets.
Speaker 8: Daddy.
Speaker 14: O Ye, congratulations.
Speaker 1: Super started.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Where are you calling from?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Galveston?
Speaker 1: Nice bro. I hope you have the the best time ever. Have you ever seen Metallica before?
Speaker 15: I have a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Rough, Well your due.
Speaker 3: We thought you were too. Yeah, we thought you were overdue.
Speaker 1: To go see Metallica sold out show tomorrow at NRG Stadium. You're in, Tim, Yeah, yeah, all right, listen, have the best weekend. Snap a few photographs and share them with us. Okay, will do all right? Thank you, Tim, hang on for me, all right. I got to clear something up. I made my second mistake this year. What is it?
Speaker 3: June thirteenth?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said, I thought Billy Crystal played the Yoda character.
Speaker 3: It was mel Brooks.
Speaker 1: It was mel Brooks himself that played the Yoda character called Yogurt in the spoof called Spaceballs. Mel Brooks is still alive. He's bringing back Spaceballs yeah, part two or whatever. And the huge story with that is Rick moranis is coming out of retirement right to do it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: So yeah, so let.
Speaker 3: Me clear that up because people are losing their minds.
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 1: We did get a couple of people that went to pierce the veil.
Speaker 4: Yes, Oh my goodness. I love when people send pictures after a concert.
Speaker 3: And I know we give away a ton of concert tickets.
Speaker 1: It'd be great for you to take pictures at the Struts in Dirty Honey and Live Collective Soul. But for me, it's specifically, if we put your ass in the pit, send us because that's not everybody's experience. There's a lot of people that are going to go through their whole lives never being in the pit for a show, and we give away a lot of these pit passes. And that's where it kind of comes with, Hey, send in a picture.
Speaker 4: So did you see Skyler's pictures?
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, I'm just looking at them. You forwarded them over to me?
Speaker 4: Okay, So Skyler won on the air with us. Yeah, sat in the pit, stood in the pit with his wife, and it was his first concert ever.
Speaker 1: The wife and I had an amazing time last night at my first concert ever. Skyler, you've never been to a concert.
Speaker 4: Think we've kind of set the bar now for him.
Speaker 1: He's and there he is in the pit with what looks to be a packed packed crowd behind him.
Speaker 3: Great pictures. Really makes me happy that you've pick or sharing these things.
Speaker 4: The best time. What Yeah, that's what he said.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't see that part.
Speaker 4: Isn't that sweet? And he also said stay rock hard, we love you.
Speaker 1: How many times you're gonna hear that today at Ditch Day Forever you don't keep that rolling, guys. Ditch Day, we got a pair of Metallica tickets at Cactus Cove today thirty three thirty three West eleventh Street.
Speaker 3: Between noon and two.
Speaker 1: Each of you that arrives in person, you will be able to sign up to win. And there's only one pair of Metallica tickets that we're going to give away at two o'clock today. Don't think for a second that's the shutdown of the party. It's just I've got to give you some sort of a window to sign up for these tickets. So that's one of the things that's going on at ditch Day today. The Mogasm shot we already talked about that, the Love Street, I'm flowing like the Nile River.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's it. Your wildest dreams will come true.
Speaker 1: If you've never been to Ditch Day, or if you've been to all the ditch Days and even going back to when it was Senior Skip Day, this one proves to be like one of the all time greats. I can't wait. On the flip of this break, I'm gonna move the Live Collective Soul tickets down a little bit. I want to focus, I really want to hear this twenty one Pilot song. I hope you guys have a little room to listen to some brand new music. I know that Jeremy premiered it yesterday and listen.
Speaker 3: I love listening to Jeremy. I love his energy.
Speaker 1: I love the guy. He started out on this show as an intern back end of the day. Yeah, he sure did, so I kept away from it. I have not heard the song yet except for the clips that we've been playing in headlines. So I'll listen to it for the first time. Mo, you haven't heard it yet? No, all right, So well, a couple of us are going to listen to this song for the first time.
Speaker 3: We can take some calls and you can tell me what you think of it. All that stuff.
Speaker 1: Brand new twenty one Pilots music on the flip of this break, How to Train Your Drag and is the Adventure of the Summer in theaters.
Speaker 19: Now rock and alternative very used to The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM the Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back, everybody, rod Ryan Show. We're about to play you that new song from twenty one Pilots that Hey, I'm Jeremy, I get through the world. Premieres.
Speaker 3: Now I love Big Jeremy Benson.
Speaker 1: You kidding me? So I'll be hearing it for the first time. Most that she's gonna be hearing it for the first time. Alex already took a listen to her already Cheater twenty one pilots. It's called the Contract. So we'll listen together, we'll take some calls, we'll dissect the songs. See what you guys like, You're not gonna be happy with the tour that they announced. If you didn't want to leave town, I'll tell you that. But well that's coming up. Alex hy Hello, Rod.
Speaker 3: The guy that you know went and listened to the song before us.
Speaker 1: Well, I had to learn in for I know you use his headlines. So I was like, I'm gonna click in and listen to it. Okay, what's trending? Of the thirteenth is trending? It's Jason four hears Freddy Krueger. It's it's Jason. It's the character's birthday today.
Speaker 4: They did that on purpose, So that's.
Speaker 1: Why he went ham.
Speaker 5: On Lego Loss from Lord of the Rings to also his birthday.
Speaker 1: Well, you probably that's the holiday doing what you do and probably you're probably spewing untruths.
Speaker 4: He would never either one of y'all would never.
Speaker 1: Else.
Speaker 5: Friday the thirteenth is trending. People are talking about that. Fanny Friday continues to trend. Hope and submitted to us by Cody Gone Gaming is doing very well at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage to the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: If you haven't checked her out, I highly recommend you do. And then Jimmy.
Speaker 5: Ward is trending. The Texans safety was released from jail yesterday after being arrested for a felony assault on a family member. He's been with the Texans last two seasons and people are talking about that and what that means for them going forward for the team that is online right now.
Speaker 1: That's trending on ninety four five the Bus. All right, MO, you've been talking about twenty one pilots. Yes, sir, I've been listening to what you're saying. They got a new album coming out in September, and then okay, and then everything else I didn't really pay attention to. I'm sorry. I was trapped to my own thoughts.
Speaker 4: Okay, they also announced a tour. Okay, that's what I did. Look ahead yes, it's in the fall. Do you want to break the news to everyone? The only Texas date is Dallas? Yes, October twentieth, dose Eki's Pavilion.
Speaker 1: Everything else you're going to have to get on a plane or road trip to go see them.
Speaker 3: Now, are these the only shows they're going to play?
Speaker 4: Probably not.
Speaker 1: I agree with you on that.
Speaker 4: They usually do like a second leg. Right, you're like, oh, some more dates open up.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of big cities that aren't on here, and we're one of them. We're the biggest city that's not on here. Is from what I can tell, we're the biggest city not on here. Do they know that we're bigger than Dallas? I think we got to get the word out a little bit better than we have more people here than Dallas.
Speaker 4: What Alex wakes up and does every morning?
Speaker 1: You do? But I do you gotta make the dedicated to that one.
Speaker 4: Would try harder?
Speaker 1: Would you tag twenty one pilots and tell them that we're bigger than Dallas?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, don't get him started. He's on X right now.
Speaker 3: I just realized what a mistake I made. Oh guys, let's take a listen to this new song.
Speaker 1: From twenty one pilots and then I'll open up some phone lines if you if you want to talk about it. Seven one, three two. It's twenty one pilots. You're hearing our brand new song The Contract. iHeart Radio World premiere of our new song The Contract right here, right here, right here.
Speaker 24: I checked the doors, checked the windows, and the I checked the clock, wonder and what call this song? I feelings outside and I'm just trying to stick.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: You're not that's maybe?
Speaker 1: Are you not?
Speaker 9: That's crazy?
Speaker 24: How do you know that that's maybe?
Speaker 1: How you know that?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 7: They go and find out would change up?
Speaker 4: We can change up?
Speaker 1: And yet we find out going ahead and the bad place and race around, but it's a graze and race around place around.
Speaker 7: Check the way I know.
Speaker 8: I check? That sounds.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: How do you know that that's maybe?
Speaker 2: How you know that.
Speaker 1: I that's crazy?
Speaker 22: How do you know that that's maybe?
Speaker 4: How you know that?
Speaker 6: Listen?
Speaker 9: I checked the clock, wonderment, what help? All this time?
Speaker 10: I know?
Speaker 9: Will feel nothing from message up?
Speaker 25: Sir?
Speaker 9: Then I'm just trying to step says, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: How do you know that, okay myself, that that's maybe?
Speaker 20: How you know that.
Speaker 4: Promise Contract?
Speaker 11: I am.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 21: How do you know that?
Speaker 1: That's how you know that?
Speaker 9: I used to say, so real.
Speaker 7: Please just take I promise you Contract.
Speaker 1: Contract. That's the name of the song, the Contract world premiere at least on this show. Twenty one pilots been.
Speaker 3: Talking about it all morning in Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: We knew that the song debuted a true world premiere at eleven o'clock with Jeremy yesterday, and then it was playing throughout the day.
Speaker 3: Alex does nothing but listen to the buzz, so he heard it obviously.
Speaker 1: Again, I tried to stay away because I kind of liked listening to these things for the very first time with you guys. So it took everything in my being not to listen to Jeremy yesterday. And I was still here too. I was still here when he was playing it, and I'm like, ah, turn it off. So I wanted to hear with you guys.
Speaker 5: MO.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much you know about twenty one pilots.
Speaker 1: I feel more comfortable asking you about them than some of this other rock stuff that I asked you about in the past.
Speaker 3: What were your thoughts that was your first listen.
Speaker 4: That was a fun song. Yeah, yeah, I like the electric sound. M hm, so I had doing a little chair dancing, Alex. What was the song that we premiered from them? Was it Overcompensate?
Speaker 1: Overcompensated was last year and it was real busy, remember how busy? And people didn't like that or did like that that's kind of their thing though. Well, I was going to say that what we just listened to, I don't know, and I don't think. I don't think stressed out is busy even though the song is.
Speaker 5: But a lot of twenty one pilots does do what we heard right here, and especially like the more recent twenty.
Speaker 1: One pilots, I felt when we played Overcompensate, I was stressed out this I thought, I'm sorry but this.
Speaker 3: I thought it was busy, but I thought the layers worked well together.
Speaker 1: This is one of those where I feel like you have to listen to several times.
Speaker 5: Okay, like there's a lot, there is a lot going on, and yeah, it had like a Lincoln Party kind of vibe at parts in it.
Speaker 1: To me, I was going to say that I try to stay away from like I don't parent it to other things. But it's it's it's natural because I was getting a little thirty seconds to mars too. You a rap and then you scream, and then when he went up on his vocals, I was getting more of a Jared Leto than I was. Okay, I was, I was.
Speaker 3: I was getting a lot of Jared Letto.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, Yeah that I know.
Speaker 3: That's just a bush thing to do to compare it to something else.
Speaker 1: I liked the layers. I thought the layers worked well together. Overcompensate did stress me out, It really did. I ended up liking Overcompensate this one. I'm liking it sooner, like for the first listen.
Speaker 22: I like it.
Speaker 5: They have another thing about right now called Doubt and it's I think it was like a demo track from one of their first albums, and I like that a little bit better than I like this.
Speaker 1: But this is is cool.
Speaker 5: I kind of want to like hang out with this this weekend and listen to it a couple of times more and just kind of I feel like it's going to grow.
Speaker 1: It's a song that'll grow on you the more you listen to it. Well, we need you guys on board, whether you are going to be on board at all with this new song, twenty one Pilot's the contract.
Speaker 3: I see phones are ringing, Michael, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 1: How are we doing today? Doing good man? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 21: Is that the first time you're hearing it and it's my first time hearing it. I was never a big twenty one Pilots fan. I didn't much less care for this. It feels like this amalgamason of Prodigy and Lou Reed's metal Machinery of Noise.
Speaker 3: Okay, little Prodigy in there too.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're wrong on any of that, but you're going into this not being a twenty one Pilots fan. You said, yeah, but you.
Speaker 21: Don't want to give it to the full experience and listen to it. And I got through half of it and I decided to call you and say it.
Speaker 20: I like it.
Speaker 1: I love you guys. Thank you. Michael Devin, good morning, good morning, brother. How are you doing doing well? Not off to a great start taking calls on the new twenty one Pilot song?
Speaker 3: What do you say about it?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I didn't really like it either. Like I like their older stuff like car radio and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, but yeah, this one felt like noisy noisy?
Speaker 4: Did it stress you out or busy?
Speaker 1: It's a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I thought it was busy too.
Speaker 4: Is that a song they seemed stressed out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I said.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, funny Kelly, good morning.
Speaker 11: Good morning.
Speaker 25: How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're taking calls. It's a little We're off to a rocky start taking calls on this new twenty one pilot's track it's called or the track called the Contract. What'd you think?
Speaker 20: I think?
Speaker 7: Nope, I think that they.
Speaker 11: Made it with aih and this is the worst.
Speaker 3: I don't think I don't think they may the worst twenty one Pilot song.
Speaker 1: All right, Kelly, thank you? Uh huh, So I get to it's raw, it's unfiltered. Eric, good morning, Yes, yes, hey, Eric, help us out here with this twenty one pilot song. What'd you think?
Speaker 9: It was really great?
Speaker 6: I just wanted to go see them for the first time two years ago, and the show was breathtaking.
Speaker 1: All at the picture was being at the show.
Speaker 4: It was very fast paced.
Speaker 6: It you could really tell that twenty one Pilots are why they're good at what they do. They release a song, and it's a taste of what's to come, because when the Overcompensate came.
Speaker 7: Out, it was a little bit.
Speaker 22: It was it was a lot to taking all at once, Yeah, but then seeing it, hearing it, and then hearing the rest of the album, it was it was it was real, your breathtaking.
Speaker 1: Well, I.
Speaker 20: Liked it immediately.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the call.
Speaker 4: Do you here from a fan?
Speaker 1: All right, one more, I'll take one more on this Christian good morning, Good morning, sir. What'd you think of the twenty one pilot song? Man?
Speaker 20: I loved it, Rod it was awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Now do you love everything that twenty one Pilots does and you're just like you're open to all their different sounds or I mean I'm trying to love them. Yeah, you love them? Okay?
Speaker 3: So the so they didn't disappoint you as a fan?
Speaker 1: No, sir, Okay, this.
Speaker 3: Is because I got two likes and three no's. I gotta take one more, right like you have to.
Speaker 1: I have to take one more. Hey, Terry, Hey, I'm talking. I'm talking twenty one pilots their new song the Contract.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be the last call I take on this.
Speaker 1: What'd you think you're gonna laugh at me? I could hear Lady gag Got singing that song. There's a piano in there.
Speaker 3: I could see gag Got the.
Speaker 1: Piano doing this.
Speaker 4: Wait, was that a good thing or about that?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, your nae.
Speaker 20: Well so thought i'd be listening to.
Speaker 1: I do like their old stuff though.
Speaker 3: Okay, but this didn't do it for you.
Speaker 1: I did not do it for me at all. Okay, maybe I shouldn't have taken that last call, No, Terry, that's why you ask, you know. I appreciate each and every one of you. All Right, Well, you know one person that's listening is radio Wizard. What does he do with it?
Speaker 3: It's twenty one Pilots.
Speaker 1: It's unmistakably over the weekend.
Speaker 5: You gotta throw it in there. I want to hear it over the weekend, and like you'll grow on you. I think the more we listen to this song, the mortal grow on it.
Speaker 1: They're a huge band now, twenty one Pilot. Yeah, one of the biggest alternative bands is out there. So it sounds like twenty one Pilots. It sounds like I like the sound on the radio station. Okay, listen. You know I come from godsmack, disturbed, Okay, what I mean? Chili laughs at me all the time, angry, divorced dad rock you know, you know that's where I'm living. But I think this radio nation da and like this. But I think this radio station needs this texture mixed in, which makes an alternative instead of just like rock rock. You know, I just can't have David Draymond hitting over the head every song. You know what I mean? Right? Thank you?
Speaker 3: I love every one of you with the calls.
Speaker 1: Thank you This Father's Day, Give your dad the gift of love?
Speaker 8: What is there?
Speaker 23: Because you know he won't return it, Dad burn, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Happy Father's Day.
Speaker 3: This is the Ron Ryan Show on ninety The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Hey, Chili, was that a little bit more what you wanted dialed in?
Speaker 3: Is that a little bit more of your speed? That sleep Theory song?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to play that more. Yeah, that was really really good. Those guys play. Those guys played Buzzfest and I got a chance to meet them backstage. It wasn't a scheduled interview or it wasn't anything. I happened to be walking by and I caught some of their set. I didn't know much about them. Same here and they want before pod Yeah, and again not knowing much about them.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I gotta see them.
Speaker 1: I gotta see what's going on with these guys, because I'm hearing a rumble about them for sure. How many people emailed me, I can't tell you. Rod, don't sleep on sleep theory. Make sure you sound like you don't know what these guys are all about. I won't lie to you.
Speaker 20: I did.
Speaker 1: They were great. They were awesome on stage, and then that was I was walking by, I saw one of the dudes and I introduced myself. Turns out the whole band was just sitting there and I'll put the picture up on our stories.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: They were great, man, and they were so appreciative. You know, you don't got to sit there. And I'm not like that anymore.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it ever was, but.
Speaker 1: It's really nice when a band seems like they appreciate the fact that they're on the bill. And I think this band's gonna blow up. I think they're gonna be huge and really nice guys.
Speaker 23: They got a great sound, like just from that song right there.
Speaker 1: I'll be like, oh, wow, you like that a little bit better. I mean it's safe to say you like that a little bit better than the twenty one pilot Zone.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 1: Guilty, Guilty. They're gonna be out on the road with Falling in Reverse, so you got a chance to see them again. Sleep theory. They're gonna be out. They're gonna be out. They're out playing. And I'll just tell you it helps when you hear a story about the band being super super cool.
Speaker 4: I'm upset that I missed them at Buzzfast.
Speaker 1: They were awesome.
Speaker 4: I remember telling Alex.
Speaker 23: I was like, hey, bro, I need you to introduce this band. I'm just gonna say, hey, what's up, Houston, and you say the name because I'm buzzing real good and I don't think I can get the name out.
Speaker 1: It was like three o'clock in the afternoon. Okay, you were buzzing already. It was the buzz Well. He was getting miss pod beers on, getting ready for them to get down there, and MA wash for pod. All right, well, thank you, Chili. We got another case of beer coming your way. More Metallica tickets.
Speaker 5: Mo.
Speaker 3: We didn't give away the Live Collective Soul tickets to you have time.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm cool, if you're cool, Yeah, go ahead, Okay, they're gonna be here August fifty seven, one three Music Hall tickets on sale ticketmaster dot com or if you're caller ten right now seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Rock and Alternative use The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, the twenty four to five The Buzz is Pearl Jam's daughter rod Ryan Show, Free Beer Friday with Metallica tickets, one more to go straight up at nine o'clock. And then we're not done because those and these are just Rando Metallica tickets. I mean Rando sold out Metallica tickets coming with every case of beer today, the five four three two one, the first five rows off the floor, those tickets specifically on Know the Show today and that comes with the album and then qualified for the grand prize of the box set. We're gonna do that before we leave. But open phones and Metallica and beer. Yes, why did you work anywhere else? We open phones for Metallica beer on a radio show and you work somewhere else for ten years. It's crazy. I'm glad it's like Texas. I wasn't born here, but I got here as quickly as I could.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Sorry, the same rules apply here, all right. So it's been really really fun guys giving away these Metallica tickets.
Speaker 3: I just looked at Metallica's Instagram. Would you find they have an eighteen wheeler.
Speaker 1: They have a picture of an eighteen wheeler on Metallica's ig and it shows that this eighteen wheeler is a merch truck.
Speaker 3: We've been talking about the pop up store.
Speaker 1: They are also have their merch truck in the green lot at Energy Stadium one to seven today.
Speaker 3: No, you could see people camped out. So it's just these Metallica fans.
Speaker 4: They know all this stuff, can't wait to see what they get.
Speaker 3: So there's merchandise.
Speaker 1: It's Metallica weekend, It's Father's Day weekend, and I got Moe with Houston's headlines, let's do this.
Speaker 4: Israel's Air Force launch surprise raids across I ran early Friday, hitting what commanders called dozens of nuclear and military targets. The Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Nett and Yahu so the goal is to roll back the Iranian threat and warned that the attacks will continue for as many days as it takes. US officials are saying the United States had no role in planning or intelligence, and we are focused on protecting our own troops. Hey, that rain we experienced yesterday, Yeah, it was real bad in San Antonio.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the video everything is horrible.
Speaker 4: Roads turned into rivers. I had some friends that were there floating the river and they're like, well, vacation's over the water of wweeping away. Cars killed at least five people, there's more missing. Looking ahead, more downpour as possible for us later this week. I think we're still around a fifty percent chance for a rain, but that is lower ring. Let's take that. Okay, heat and humidity for our Friday. Here in Houston, the floodwatch remains mostly along our coast until seven pm. Thunderstorms are kind of moving later in the day around two pm. Me Father's Day to all my kings. I'm surrounded by kings, right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you brought some stuff in force. We're gonna do that after nine o'clock.
Speaker 4: Okay, and my daughter Sailor made you a gifts.
Speaker 1: Listen this. We haven't gotten a picture of it yet, but I want to make sure that everybody sees. I'm gonna put my camera on the banner. She saw it.
Speaker 4: She watches the stream.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sailor, thank you, I mean, I know that's for all of us.
Speaker 4: And Chili Taylor, doc Dad.
Speaker 3: This Father's Day banner that Sailor put together, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: It's next level. She's probably gonna be an artist.
Speaker 3: The song's not working for me. I gotta get something a little bit more open. I don't think let's go with.
Speaker 1: Papa, don't preach.
Speaker 4: There's so many good dad songs out there, and dads are being celebrated all weekend long, so much so that Google surveyed the top trending Father's Day gifts that we've been searching for. I don't want to burst your bubbles, but grill was number one on the list. I think that's fair.
Speaker 1: Can't go wrong.
Speaker 4: Dad's are into the blackstones right now.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 4: Engraved cutting boards number two on the list. The one I found most interesting in the top ten. Dart boards.
Speaker 1: Art's coming back something maybe I.
Speaker 4: Didn't know until I saw this list. Personalized socks are on there, and they say that is the twenty twenty five version of buying your data tie.
Speaker 1: Alex had some personal eyed socks on at baby El's one year old birthday party. I liked it all the rest very hot right now, very hot. That and Sabrina Carpenter very hot is what Rod.
Speaker 4: Wants to talk about because he appreciates a pop princess, if you know what I mean. Sabrina Carpenter has a new album out. It was just released and the cover is causing a little bit of controversy if you will.
Speaker 3: But pop princess, I mean, we just played the ultimate. We just played Madonna, who pushed the envelope more than her you know.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, so bring it on, Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 1: I'm not putting Sabrina Carpenter down, but I just don't think. I think all this false outrage on this cover, Yes, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: She's the name is called Man's best Friend. Okay, on the doors in front of a man who's pulling her.
Speaker 25: Hair, she's his best friend, saying it's satire.
Speaker 3: Let me just tell you.
Speaker 1: When my grandma saw saw Madonna rolling around like a virgin and in that wedding gown, she was outraged exactly.
Speaker 4: I mean, all the grandmas are outraged.
Speaker 1: Again. Okay, who cares?
Speaker 4: Who cares?
Speaker 1: That's all right?
Speaker 3: Can I play you something?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something this morning?
Speaker 3: What I want you to listen to the vocals because I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to tell you who this is.
Speaker 3: I know you know, but I want people listening to the radio.
Speaker 4: Okay, I get it around.
Speaker 25: Around.
Speaker 1: That's Billy. Joe Armstrong of Green Day fame, who apparently has had this sitting around a long time. Tell me more.
Speaker 4: He said he recorded Distract years ago but never felt like it was the right moment to release it, and then when Brian Wilson passed away, he was like, this is the time. You all good?
Speaker 1: I wonder if there's just a little bit, Jo Armstrong is gonna be fine. I'm sure he slept well last night.
Speaker 4: Huh does he wish?
Speaker 1: He put it out that maybe Brian heard it though, I honor the people while they're here. Yeah. So I'm just gonna say that it's a great track. I'm not dissing on Billy. I'm just saying maybe Brian would have liked to have heard this.
Speaker 4: And he said Brian Wilson was one of my heroes. Yea misi, herol would have heard that song Don't Wait so wow. These are words to live by by Rod Ryan. You can listen here every weekday six am to ten.
Speaker 1: It's really good, so good.
Speaker 4: I know those are Houston's headlines, Alex Hill.
Speaker 1: You like it.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's unmistakably Billy Joe's voice, but it's perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very on brand. Yeah, all right, take it.
Speaker 5: Astro's got another win last night. They beat the White Sox Sport at three. Tonight they're going to open up a weekend series with the Twins. Colton Gordon will be in the mount for the Strows, going up against Minnesota's Chris Paddock. First pitches at seven ten. You can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety, News Radio seven forty K tier AH. The College World Series also gets underway today. That first game is gonna start at one o'clock our time. In hockey, the Oilers you got by the Panthers in overtime five to four last night in Game four the Stanley Cup Final to even that series up a two games a feasts. The Oilers were down three to zero after the third period and went to They were at four to three with twenty seconds left, Florida score the Senates overtime. Then Edmonton's Leon Dryzidle scored a playoff record fourth overtime goal this postseason. They're gonna play Game five tomorrow night back at be in Canada. In basketball, Pacers and Thunder play a game four the NBA Finals tonight. Pacers are up tow to one in that series. Tip hops at seven thirty. You can watch it on ABC. And at Day two of the US Open in Oakmont, Pennsylvania. JJ spawn is the current leader at four under par. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 7: Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 9: Friday.
Speaker 2: You got a free Bam Friday, Free bamp Friday. Right, Bam Friday, Bam Friday.
Speaker 9: Were bare Friday?
Speaker 20: My right, right right?
Speaker 1: Good morning Rod Ryan's Show. Who we got here?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 5: Andy?
Speaker 15: Hello?
Speaker 8: Hello?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hi Andy? Yes, sir, Andy, my man, you're calling number ten show. Yeah, Bro, I'm giving you beer and I'm giving you tickets to go see Metallica sold out show tomorrow night, Energy Stadium. Yes, sir, yes, sir. What where are you from, Andy, I'm from Baklift all.
Speaker 3: Right, dude, tell me about seeing Metallic in the past.
Speaker 7: Have you ever I've seen him one time when they were here.
Speaker 1: Left very good. You know what to expect, then, yes, sir, I do. All right, have a great time. I got a pair of tickets for you. You're into the sold out show, Andy Case and beer. I appreciate it, brother, I appreciate you. Andy. Hang on for me, dude. I'm not done. I'm not done with you guys. All right. These were just tickets that I cobbled together, just begging to get everything I could for you guys in the morning for this Metallic I mean Metallica weekend. We've been counting down. In the first five rows, Andy's got those tickets. Boom, We're done. Four beer winners today. I gotta say Monica wins. She was the Swiss seven o'clock. Monica was so much fun. I'm going to go back and listen to the podcast just so I can hear Monica. She was so fun this morning. But congratulations to everybody that won beer and Metallica tickets today.
Speaker 4: Jennifer, Monica, tim Andy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know where those seats are. I didn't ask questions. I just thought it was a good thing to try to scrape up every ticket I could. I do know where the tickets are. I know the show today, and those tickets are the first row off the floor. And then you're qualified. We're listening to King Nothing right now. This is on the Load album. You're going to win a vinyl copany of the newly remastered Load album, and then you're qualified for the Grand prize, which is a deluxe load box set. It's got three hundred and one tracks on it, So I mean you have to be a Metallica nerd. Three and one songs, hear me, two hundred and forty five of them unreleased lot I mean yeah. And when I say Metallica nerd, I mean that in the most loving way ever. I know there's a ton of you out there, so we're not done with Metallica. And then it's well documented that we're going to be given away a pair of Metallica tickets today.
Speaker 9: Of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the party formerly known as Senior Skip Day, now it's Ditch Day now. Listen. We've been so busy and I've been trying to work in Father's Day and everything I got.
Speaker 3: A got it, I say, Sailor.
Speaker 1: Oh the the big poster that you put together for Alex, Chili and myself, this Happy Father's Day with the stickers, and there's the statue of Liberty in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And then there's some bags in here, and I just want it.
Speaker 4: Can you open it really fast?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Of course, Alex here, Chili, you have one in here too, Chi the dog, the same things. And I need to explain that y'all have been complaining ever since I started here, well about everything, a lot of things, but one of the things is that Father's Day is underappreciated. So I wanted y'all to feel like the true queens that you are this Father's Day weekend. So that finally why there's a gift.
Speaker 1: It's like Christmas, I know.
Speaker 4: Is this a sleep sleep mask?
Speaker 9: It's silk.
Speaker 4: It's good for your skin.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so comfortable.
Speaker 4: And what else? Salads, it's a a silk robe. And there's silk boxers and true queens on Father's Day.
Speaker 25: Yeah you're kidding me, Yes, pamper it. Soak up the weekend, Dad, You'll deserve it.
Speaker 3: Chili, Come get your great Chili, Come get your robe, dude.
Speaker 1: Finally, awesome, We look, I mean, look, I cannot where we with Hugh Hefner.
Speaker 3: Is it good to look like you not?
Speaker 4: I think we're fine. We've past it.
Speaker 3: I really feel Oh this is so nice.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Happy Father's Day weekend.
Speaker 1: This is so great. I love it.
Speaker 4: And there's panties in there, the handies in there to.
Speaker 1: Chili.
Speaker 3: We got soak robe.
Speaker 4: I guess on your side chili.
Speaker 3: I kind of feel like a cross between Hugh Hefter and Rocky.
Speaker 4: I'm dying. You've never had soaked anything. It's good for your skin.
Speaker 1: Off the bed, nothing but so touches that boy. You look like you're graduating from Harvard. It's awesome.
Speaker 4: Please the boxers fit? Oh yeah, all right. Fathers are important.
Speaker 25: Saw the good dads out there, dog dads, whatever kind of dad you are.
Speaker 4: Wow, we celebrate you.
Speaker 3: So nice, Thank you, thank you kids.
Speaker 4: Yes you're important, skiff.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is so awesome. Thank you. Up to us.
Speaker 4: Oh please, I don't have to do that.
Speaker 1: Open phone for Friday, Open phone Friday, more like open phones, Fried, Yes, let me sneak one on really quick, and then I gotta I'm up against the break here, Joseph, good morning.
Speaker 7: Who the first one what's sun?
Speaker 9: God?
Speaker 7: Look, Father's Day weekend. I was trying to get that Metallica SIGs.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 7: But anyway, Father's.
Speaker 1: Day, Father Father's Day, IVY Father's Day to you, Joseph, you're celebrating Father's Day this weekend? How many rugrats you got? Just the one?
Speaker 7: He's three years old, but he's a monster.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that. Well, I'll tell you what, Joseph. I want you to have a great Father's Day. And we're not done. Moe's correct, we'd have we have one more h pair of Metallica tickets.
Speaker 7: Yah yah, Hey, line up them grills and drink them beers. Get it today.
Speaker 1: I love it, Joseph. I'm so glad we snuck in that call. Uh, it is just it's open phones Friday. What do you guys want to talk about? I am up against the break Mo. Thank you so much. Really nice. And you and Sailor that poster that you made of us, I'll make sure.
Speaker 3: I'll make sure we get a picture.
Speaker 1: Chillie's got to line up these phone lines and then let's make sure we get a picture of our robes. I feel so distinguished.
Speaker 10: How to train your Dragon is the adventure of the Summer in the Now of uz Rock and Alterna very soon.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody, it is your rod Ryan Show. We are not done giving away Metallica tickets. I got first row tickets off the floor. We've been doing the first five rows every day this week. So the big big metallic and giveaway is still coming up on Know the Show, and then the next big Metallica giveaway will be at Ditch Day. You're all welcome to Cactus Cove. Hey win, Google Cactus Cove, c A c t U s co ob E Cactus Cove, eleven Street, thirty three thirty three West eleven Street. He's asked me like, he's like, I can't find this place anywhere. Google it, Bro. I want to see you there. Win, let's go, come on.
Speaker 4: You can do this.
Speaker 1: You can do this, bro. I want everyone there online.
Speaker 3: It's Alicks online ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Muss, All right, what you got all right today' day? Well, it's called fake products in real stores.
Speaker 5: Is a guy that goes and makes up fictitious products then leaves them in actual stores. Like he puts some shower kraut bathtub age Soauer kraut next to the regular sower in a store and showers.
Speaker 1: Funny, I thought you miss a guy. It's just a guy and you can see a shower head over him and he's eating sour kraft.
Speaker 4: No, it's funny until you're the one that buys it on accident.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: In a toy store, it just says a box I stole off someone's porch and it's just got a random address on it.
Speaker 1: Pretty funny. Obg y hen birth.
Speaker 5: Control dispensers were left in a place, a bunch of weird uh weird kids toys that you just left like a prawn god and it's just a looks just like a shrimp, like a toy shrimp.
Speaker 1: He left in a toy store. Go check it out. Some fake products this guy made and left.
Speaker 5: The actual stories of the world famous road wind showpage at buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: Hey, you're in luck. It's open phones Friday.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go down the line. It's open phones, and then that'll bring us to the Metallica tickets at the end of the show. Jay Jay, Yes, sir, Hi Jay, you're on man, Open phones and much just Father's Day.
Speaker 12: Isn't it to appreciate?
Speaker 1: I agree? I agree, dude. I mean we've talked about it a lot. I mean, Mo, this is through the roof. We're all wearing our robes right now. She got us in some really nice gifts, which was awesome. Thank you. No, j We talk about it all the time and we joke around about it. Mother's Day is just it's Christmas in Mother's Day. The two biggest holidays of the year are Christmas and Mother's Day Father's Day. I don't know. Maybe are we are we feeding into that machine by telling everybody we don't want anything. Do we need to start asking for things specifically? Maybe like want a new robe every years? Well, I want nothing but silks hanging in. My lifestyle is changing? Jay, you're dad, Yes, sir? What are your plans? Your plans on Sunday? Just hanging around with the with the kids?
Speaker 7: Mom?
Speaker 4: H go eat you know, when you go to the park or something sounds perfect.
Speaker 1: I want you to land on the couch. We're all gonna act like chili. We're gonna land the couch and ring the bell. I'm thirsty, ding ding ding ding ding ding ding. Bring me something to eat Jay, I have a great Father's Day. Thank you, sewing your next up. Good morning, Good morning, Hey Sean, what you got You're on the air for open phones. Well, I had a suggestion for both us.
Speaker 20: But first I wanted to tell Mo, Man, you have been wonderful since you came on. Yeah, I gotta admit I've been listening. I can't remember what year, but the last year Jessica was on was the first year I started listening, and you'all been my morning ever since.
Speaker 1: Thank you, I sa Jessica this week, Man, Mo.
Speaker 20: Feels more light family like Dina did no disrespect to Tessa, but Tessa.
Speaker 1: It was almost like Tessa and the boys. But uh, Moe just fits in. I love it, and I loved that you are.
Speaker 20: I love hearing you learn things on air, like today with the Rod making that joke and you didn't realize it was a twenty one pilot song at.
Speaker 3: First hearing stuff like that.
Speaker 20: But anyways, I just wanted to say, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: You've been wonderful.
Speaker 20: But I had a couple of suggestions for Buzzfest Ma.
Speaker 1: That's the wall, but well off the wall.
Speaker 20: But they all have put on a good show before Greta van Sleet, Okay, Ghost and Pretty Reckless.
Speaker 1: These are all bands.
Speaker 3: I kind of had an idea that that's what was going to happen. Sean Chilli gave me an idea.
Speaker 1: It is like, hey, this guy's got some buzzfesst suggestions and I thought maybe it'd be like, hey, guys, why don't you just get Metallica for Buzzfest, And uh, they're not doing radio shows the bands that you mentioned. Ghost is playing the Toyota Center. Oh wow, they don't do that sort of show anymore. Radio shows. When you put together the show, Sean, you get bands of a certain level and then you get multiple bands, and that's where you create at a festival. When you get a band that's already playing and they're selling out Toyota Centers, they don't really do the radio show thing anymore. Gretavan Fleet also sold out the Toyota Center. So you're talking about bands that are great and that people love and that would be awesome for Buzzfest, but they've kind of graduated past that. Does that make sense? That's fair? Yeah, Sean, thank you for the call.
Speaker 3: Thank you take a wish.
Speaker 1: But I get people telling me all the time, Rod, you love the food fighters. Why don't you get them for Buzzfest Because we can't afford them. That's why Maria your next up on open Phones. Good morning, Marie. Uh maybe not?
Speaker 9: You are well?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I'm gonna I'm gonna steal one of those lines.
Speaker 4: Bless your heart, that's your heart?
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 1: No, wait, wait, I.
Speaker 3: Wasn't hanging up on you, Maria.
Speaker 1: I wanted to. I wanted to engage. Where are you?
Speaker 3: Where are you calling from?
Speaker 7: I'm calling from my house.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, where's your house? Don't tell me the address?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's okay, shout out. All right, I'm gonna. I'm gonna do this, Maria.
Speaker 1: How old are you? I am forty five? Forty five? Oh geez, I was going the opposite way. I thought you were young. You didn't ask her as if.
Speaker 3: They were then, Oh yeah, I could have Maria.
Speaker 1: I've got a pair of tickets coming up at around nine point fifty this morning. Yes know the show, yep, And we're going to ask a question about today's show. If you have been listening, it sounds like you have. If you know the answer, you might win Metallica tickets. The best pair of tickets that I have. I'm saving those for the end of the show, so there's still an opportunity. Okay, Maria, Okay, that's awesome. Okay, you're awesome, Maria. Thank you for listening, and thank you for calling hang on the phone. Okay.
Speaker 3: If she said she was fourteen, I would have bought that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, same, That's what I was ready for. That's what airs.
Speaker 3: I don't ever ask people to age unless I think they're super super young.
Speaker 4: Five threw me for a loop, and that Frank threw me for a loop earlier this where he was fourteen. He was trying.
Speaker 3: He's got that won the tickets for his dad.
Speaker 1: Right who. Keith wants to talk about something that we had discussed earlier in the week, bringing children to concerts. Hey, Keith, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 20: Right how you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great man. What you got for us today?
Speaker 26: Hey, I agree with you to the parents parents' choice. I brought my daughters to a lot of concerts, but I was careful. But I sent you the email yesterday a little bit about the butt cherry traps. Six am, Papa Roach Motley Crucie about twenty years ago. Yep, I would say, all the women at that time that were probably in their middle to late thirties, they thought it was real cute to be there bring their fourteen and fifteen year old daughters to the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they and they tried to outdress them. But I'll give you the cliff notes.
Speaker 15: I can't tell you to go all the stuff that Josh Todd said to the ladies when they played Crazy Bitch. It was very exprated and I felt so bad for those teenage girls.
Speaker 3: Ooh, I got a story I can share.
Speaker 1: And it's also Buck Cherry, and it's Hal and Mama Cash, and it's their son, will Lynn, who's a big radio who's a big music star now. He was super young, and the same thing. I think they opened up for the food Fighters and Josh Todd again talking about I think it was setting up the song crazy Bitch. He just went on a tirade, and all I could think about was little will Lynde sitting there with Mama Cash with her hands over his ears. Oh wow, yeah, I guess. I guess you got to.
Speaker 3: Think about that when you're taking young ones the concerts.
Speaker 4: You never know, you know.
Speaker 3: I don't think Garth Brooks is going to go off on a tirade like that.
Speaker 4: I can't wait till he does.
Speaker 1: But it would be different, you know, bringing him to it, like like you said, a Buck Cherry show.
Speaker 3: Keith, you're right on that, You're right.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Keith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Keith.
Speaker 4: Have a great day, stay weekend.
Speaker 1: That is another phone line open seven to one.
Speaker 3: I forgot about that Buck Cherry Food Fighters show.
Speaker 4: I want to hear the full story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ask how like hell, what did it feel like hearing that coming from the stage and your little kid sitting Do.
Speaker 4: You think he remembers? The little kid?
Speaker 1: Will is probably twenty eight now and he plays.
Speaker 4: For Kid Moore.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, he's the keyboard player for kitd Moore. Yeah, and he's writing songs and everything.
Speaker 4: But very talented. But that would be a fun story to tell, especially if you're in the music industry. He was probably thirteen, so remember he definitely remembers.
Speaker 1: It's another line opened seven one, three, two two, five nine four five celebrating the world's best STAPs. So this is whiskey try something? Okay, thanks dad? What are you doing? Another Happy Brother's Day? Ron Ryan Show Show ninety four five. Yeh Black, Let's go ninety four or five the Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Come on, you know I'm sitting on those Metallica tickets. Those are going to be on No the show before we get out of here or mow the show. She'll ask you a question of something that happened today on the program. So you're not done.
Speaker 3: We're not done giving away Metallica tickets. It's Open Phones Friday.
Speaker 1: But I also.
Speaker 3: Have left Nicole on hold for way too long.
Speaker 1: Nicole, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 9: Hey what you got.
Speaker 3: You're on the air for Open Phones Friday.
Speaker 1: Are you out of town?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 27: I mean Saint Louis is raining cats and dogs here.
Speaker 9: I won't be able to.
Speaker 1: Why why do you hate ditch Day so much that you booked an out of town trip?
Speaker 9: I didn't book it.
Speaker 27: I got deployed here, so I can't help but go where they send me.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you're gonna miss.
Speaker 25: Ditch offer on my non ug week.
Speaker 1: So all right, well we're gonna miss you at the party today.
Speaker 18: With fantaet you okay?
Speaker 1: All right? Yeah, she's the one that asked me the dates all the time, like three, four or five months out, Ron, when's ditch Day? I need to know these things.
Speaker 4: Well, hopefully we can see you before next year.
Speaker 3: All right, Nicole, We're gonna miss you.
Speaker 27: Okay, Well, why I also say happy Father's Day to oh y'all. I got a good day for my huncle so the day, the day, and they got delivered yesterday. Watched this a Antonio, so I'm like, Okay, this kind of.
Speaker 18: Sucks, but that's an easy notes.
Speaker 1: He has fish. You bought an ass fountain for yours. I should a man.
Speaker 3: I hope there's one waiting for me at the house.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Thank you. Level a good day. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Didn't even think about that.
Speaker 1: Hey, Chris, good morning. You're next up on open phones.
Speaker 7: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: Brother Ron?
Speaker 14: How you doing something?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great, man, I'm wearing silk.
Speaker 1: I feel good. Feel good.
Speaker 7: Hey, first time calling her a long time listener. I just want to say, you guys are awesome.
Speaker 1: I drive all day and I hear it all in the morning's great and uh mo fits in like a glove with y'all. She's awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you, keep up, keep up the good work.
Speaker 1: Also wanted to touch on y'all.
Speaker 7: Had a survey about people that drive with flashers.
Speaker 10: In the rain.
Speaker 4: Oh God, bless the people.
Speaker 6: That drive without their lights on in the rain and and like Stormy absolutely drive me crazy.
Speaker 21: You can't even see when they're behind you.
Speaker 8: Like, yes, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird that we'll get phone calls that will be pouring rain out there, and I'll get emails and calls.
Speaker 3: Rod, would you tell people to please turn their lights on?
Speaker 4: I thought that was common sense. No, it's like your lights in your win show wipers.
Speaker 1: I still have to tell people to turn their lights on when their wind show wipers are on. It's not automatic in some of these vehicles.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 3: Hey, Matt, you're next up on open phones.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Matt Morien.
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 20: Hey?
Speaker 6: Che check out this weekend?
Speaker 7: So tonight we have an ASHTSE game. Tomorrow, We're going to Space Center Houston, and then Metallica on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: I hope I can say it all in Matt.
Speaker 3: So what's your Sunday? Like, O, there's day proper.
Speaker 6: Look like that's going to be a drive back from Houston back to Arkansas, so I'll be on the road most of the day.
Speaker 1: Man, that's a great weekend though, Matt, that's an awesome weekend all right. If you if you get some great pictures or something, share them with us. I'd love to see them. Elizabeth, you're next up on open phones.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 28: Last year I called and let you know I was pregnant and I shared some resources for fellow moms.
Speaker 18: You may have had a stiver. I had baby. She's happy and healthy.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 18: And I just sent you a picture to emails. Weast one people.
Speaker 4: Look, that's awesome. What's her name? Your baby's name?
Speaker 18: Yeah, her name is Adelaine.
Speaker 3: Do we hear her in the background right now?
Speaker 18: Yeahser bottle.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did you say you sent me an email?
Speaker 20: I did.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you should have a picture in your inbox.
Speaker 1: Call.
Speaker 14: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 3: Baby update, baby update.
Speaker 1: Baby born in January and she's perfection and she is at perfect Yep, yep, that's awesome.
Speaker 28: And then I also had a favor to ask. So I work for a nonprofit called Mothers of Held Angels. They provide resources and support from mothers who've lost a baby. And we are wanting to open our support group chapters across the city of Houston. Right now, we just have one chapter in full, sure, but all moms.
Speaker 18: Across Houston deserve this resource.
Speaker 28: So I want to shout out to all of the coffees like shops around town. If you are open and willing to hosting a GREEP support group after hours, we can have a little bit of privacy.
Speaker 18: We would love to chat.
Speaker 28: So can I give you my email and have them Okay, my email is admin at mohaw MHA network dot org.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if anyone wants to reach out to us, we can help you get connected.
Speaker 1: So a business that might close early and then they've got the place can stay open for you guys to have a meeting or something.
Speaker 28: Yeah, we partner with Humble Grounds right now and the owner is very gracious.
Speaker 18: She gave us a key and we we lock up when we're done.
Speaker 28: And I know that's kind of an odd request, you know, to walk up to a stranger and ask if hey, can we use your business after hours?
Speaker 4: But I thought, you never know how your story's going to touch someone.
Speaker 1: So good right, right, Elizabeth, Elizabeth, thank you so much for sharing that.
Speaker 3: Send in a picture, really beautiful date.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, one last bit of business to get to and it is these tickets that we've had all week in the first five rows to see Metallica tomorrow night. This would be row one off the floor, one hundred level right, and you'll be in the drawing for that grand prize. But you're gonna get it. You're gonna walk away with an album, a double album with Load remastered. Mow the Show. Question, Mo, good luck with this. You got a question on the flip of this break. Do not leave us yet.
Speaker 19: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Okay, you know what time it is. La la la la La La La La la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 3: It's time for Moe the Show.
Speaker 1: My last pair of on air tickets, first five rows off the floor. We've been doing it all week, our third straight week two of giving away Metallica tickets and then tack on the fourth. I mean, who's your home for Metallica right here?
Speaker 3: So this will be the first.
Speaker 1: Row off the floor. That's what these tickets are. Pantera Suicidal Tendency is opening up tomorrow night. I got a double vinyl copy of the newly remastered Load album.
Speaker 3: We'll get you qualified, We'll up.
Speaker 1: We'll take that match that album right out of your hands and I'll replace it one of you with a limited edition number deluxe load box set. Huge.
Speaker 3: It's for the ultimate Metallica fan. It's called MO the show.
Speaker 13: It is.
Speaker 1: Pressure is on.
Speaker 3: What's your question?
Speaker 4: Where will all four of us be at noon this afternoon? Oh boy, noon today? All four of us?
Speaker 1: When google it?
Speaker 4: When is his name? He's not sure how to get there?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Where will we be at noon today?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's the question.
Speaker 3: What is the location? What is the name of the location?
Speaker 1: Seven?
Speaker 3: One three two one two four five?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, my house, my rules, don't tell my myself. Happy Father's Day. This is the Rod Ryan Show on ninety The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, p O d Al's all right, rod Ryan Show. Wrapping up our free Beer Friday with Metallica, wrapping up our third week straight of giving away Metallica tickets every single day, Open phones, Awesome, Fanny Friday. What a ditch Day.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll talk more about that coming up. I think that's part of your questions.
Speaker 1: Now, time for I Know the Show on ninety four to five. But La la la la la la la, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello, Oh, don't mess this up. Aaron hieron Erin, Hi name, my name is rod.
Speaker 4: Hi and Alex yeh, she knows.
Speaker 1: Aaron. Take a big, deep breath. I want to hear it. I want to hear the breath. Go.
Speaker 4: That's a good breath. What's your question, miss Erin? Where will all four of us be at noon today?
Speaker 2: Cactus Tos.
Speaker 4: We'd love to see you there. Yeah, I'm just drive Alpha.
Speaker 1: Have our last pair ofmon Air Metallica tickets. First five rows we've be come down. You're in the first row. I did, I did all right, first row, first throw off the floor. I'm giving you the remastered Load album double vinyl, but I may take that away from you and give you the grand prize.
Speaker 4: Well, hang on, it's good. This is good news here because I've.
Speaker 1: Only got one. I got four of these albums that I got one grand prize for the five winners this week. Mama, you're in the first row off the floor for Metallica. You're kidding me right now? Congratulations.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm freaking out.
Speaker 3: This is insane.
Speaker 1: We have the four winners all this week in our fight four three two one, and then one of them says, person on the phone, So.
Speaker 4: For the grand prize, Alex want to help me pick it? And it is Paula. Paula that is our winner.
Speaker 3: Okay from earlier this week, So Aaron confirmed, first.
Speaker 1: Row off the floor, and I'm gonna give you a double vinyl copy of the newly remastered Load album. Okay, awesome, I'm so excited.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm a glass. Send us some pictures on Monday.
Speaker 1: The best winner. That's doing that.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, you put a silk robe on a guy and it really changes everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see the whole world differently now. Oh man, there's very little left to do here, except.
Speaker 13: I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell, David, I got a fever, and the only prescription this more cow bell.
Speaker 1: Oh that's it, guys, Brandon is two wins away from the Hall of Fame. I don't know how this guy's getting it done. He's getting it done. He's winning great tickets. He's been playing a lot of fresh fish. He was a fresh fish earlier this week, meaning he had never ever played the game before. Get off the sidelines. Get in here, play this game. We call it the Fresh out of d Head two Head Challenge. We play every morning at six twenty Brandon, it's going to be back on with us on Monday. Free beer, Thank you, Specs. Metallica winners Are you kidding me? Jennifer the RN Yes writer, Monica, Tim forget Monica was the best. Tim and Andy. They all won beer and Metallica tickets today on the show. All right, Gunner, we're coming in hot Cactus Cove, Aaron, do that. That's where we're going to be today. The mogasm shot, the Tatar tot toss because they're giving us other tickets to give away.
Speaker 3: Well, well that's the rumor I've got. So I'm gonna bring some things.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play some games, but the big one is we will start signing you up at noon to win Metallica tickets. The winner will be drawn at Cactus Cove at two o'clock. Two o'clock Ditch Day. I don't know what else to say. It's just I can't wait to party with you guys and hang out with you guys. We got to get our work done, Alex, get your work done, and let's get over there.
Speaker 3: We've all earned this.
Speaker 1: Let's go party, Let's day drink, all right, Moe's first ditch Day.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, she's gonna say.
Speaker 1: This is what you guys we're talking about. Oh god, it's wild. Guys. Jeremy's up next, NonStop Nooner. Pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. And don't forget Teresa's been giving away Metallica tickets. Teresa's goes five four, three two one tickets as well. I don't know when she's given them away, but she has Metallica tickets this afternoon. That's it, guys. For all the fathers out there, the great fathers that are doing it right, shout out to you and the single mom's out there. No, no, no, no, we're not doing that. We're not doing that. Damn it. I was gonna say something else and you maybe that's it.
Speaker 3: You'll get an extra shot today.
Speaker 1: No, all right, we'll see you all out.
Speaker 3: At Ditch Day today and have an awesome weekend. Who has six picks?
Speaker 5: Mo?
Speaker 6: Mo?
Speaker 1: I said to you and people that are listening, wouldn't have a no idea?
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 1: Wash your mic off? Oh your microphones off? I don't know why your MIC's off. All right, you got six picks.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the ropes. That's what I was gonna sink you.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, we'll see you at ditch Day. Hey, I'm af well. Wasn't that fun?
Speaker 3: If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 11: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.