Speaker 1: Sports Page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine in the Game's Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI on.
Speaker 2: JRR Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by Kaufmin and lind Entry Attorneys. Good morning, Mike.
Speaker 3: Bianchi, Good morning. What is happening gents?
Speaker 2: Oh no, what's going on over there and deep in the bottles of Metro West in the luxury condo this morning.
Speaker 3: Well, the fallout from the Tyreek Hill handcuffing incident has gone to a new level. Tyreek Hill is calling for the Miami Day police officer who dragged him out of the car and put him in handcuffs to be fired. His attorney released a statement on Hill's behalf last night. Quote. Each action that law enforcement officials take is governed by standard operating procedures. We are of the opinion that the officer's use of force was excessive, escalating, and reckless. We are demanding that the officer be terminated, effective immediately. The officer, who has since been identified as twenty seven year old veteran Danny Torres, one of several officers present. He's the one who sort of escalated the incident when he pulled Tyreek Hill out of the car and put him on the ground.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if you're gonna fire Danny Torres, officer, Danny Torres, who was not in the right. Everybody hear me out, he was not in the right. What is Tyreek's punishment? Who was not in the right either, and didn't get out of the car and didn't listen to roll down the window.
Speaker 3: What's your punishment? Yeah? The Miami Day Police Department issued a statement as well as saying Hill was uncooperative with the responding officer that led to the escalation of the situation. I think both of these statements are true. I think the officer was overly aggressive. I think Tyreek Hill was uncooperative. I think Tyreek Hill should apologize, and I think the officer should probably be suspended or reprimanded. Maybe, But come on, now, there was There are two sides to this story. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I'm still I'm still the school of thought, this is an opportunity for these two, both of them, to do some good here and come together, set it aside, and both own up to being you know, bullheaded here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, come on, come on, if this were a football game, Tyreek Hill would have been penalized for taunting and the officer would have been penalized for unnecessary roughness.
Speaker 2: That's a good analogy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So anyway, Yeah, so that's that's where that stands. We'll see what happens moving forward. Obviously the Dolphins, this has been quite the distraction. They have the Buffalo Bills tomorrow night, Yeah, Thursday night football, So we'll see if this affects them on that. By the way, NASCAR, interesting, they've got a labor dispute going on. It appears they NASCAR has essentially strong long armed all of the race teams to sign a new revenue agreement. But there's a couple of holdouts, and the main holdout is Michael Jordan and Denny Hamlin's twenty three XI Racing team eleven. Yes, yeah, so twenty three eleven racing teams. So what do you think is gonna happen here? Len't you been following this?
Speaker 2: Not really? I don't know it. NASCAR, you know is obviously these last few years been going through some issues, and they're trying to do what they think is in the best interest of all involved in obviously here not all involved. I think what they're doing is in everybody's best interest.
Speaker 3: Yes, So now you have Michael Jordan against Nascar. I don't know if NASCAR wants to butt heads with a good right, if you know what I'm saying. Yeah, right, So we'll see what happens here as well. According to the Gainesville Son, David Whitley, my good friend, he's a columnists of the Gainesville Sun, he is reporting that the Gators have already started moving forward to fire Billy Napier. Quote, big money boosters have seen enough donations are drying up. Other than pledges to fund Napier's twenty six million dollar buyout, a short term succession plan is in place in case Napier is fired before season's end. So the boosters already raising money to buy this guy out. I think it's a little premature. I think this is a self fulfilling prophecy. Well, get going up, don't.
Speaker 2: You can look at their schedule. The odds are stacked against them of you know, doing much record wise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now you've got the boosters already raising money for his buyout. Wow, hey, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Everybody has let this happen over the last you know, fifty years or whatever, and let it escalate to where it's even so much worse?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 4: What do you expect.
Speaker 3: When the boosters are making the decisions for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: UCF announced its twenty twenty four Hall of Fame induction class coming up, Shaquem Griffin's gonna be inducted than obviously the football player who became dominant playing with only one hand. I'm Kirk Spiraw, the longtime basketball coach, also among the inductees. I'm gonna ask you to u cflums a question. Shaquem Griffin, of course, emerged as a dominant player when Scott Frost took over as a coach, even though he was only at UCF two seasons. Shouldn't Scott Frost be in the UCF Hall of Fame?
Speaker 2: Ooh, I think that's a good argument, bull Doug, I really do.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, if not for that undefeated season that Scott Frost put together in twenty seventeen and all the all of the publicity that came with it, and then that, you know, the self proclaimed national championship and all all of that, would you see if even being the Big dwelve right now right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not gonna I'm not going to argue against any of those points.
Speaker 1: You just said, Like you said us being two boosters, you know too big alum, Maybe we should raise some money to make that happen.
Speaker 2: Pat Taco, is his checkbook out right now?
Speaker 3: Dog?
Speaker 2: How many zeros?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: I forgot there's just one zero and it's the actually old the actual book.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's looking. He's looking at his account number, not the amount that he wrote the check for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and are you contributing to the ni all fun? Yeah? You are nil? That's what it is. Nil. That's a dog bite there maybe no.
Speaker 2: No, that money goes to things like I got to know electric bill, which.
Speaker 3: Rhymes with nil.
Speaker 4: So what you guys just chill like the pulltog Biyankey, host of open Mic on AM seven and ninety six ninety game weekday morning Signed Jason does.
Speaker 2: He takes time out of his busy show to post up here on the sports page on JR. I brought you by Kaufin and Lynd.
Speaker 3: Listen to under Oath with Attorney Jeff Kauflin every Saturday morning, seven thirty am on FM ninety six nine. In the game. You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform. Oh Oh, Listenaco on demand, Download the iHeartRadio app from the book