Speaker 1: It's nice with Dan Ray. I'm Delia Boston Video.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Kyle. As we will continue to talk about the Stewart Hospital crisis here in Massachusetts. I mean, we are at a very critical breaking point at this point and this should get I think, some resolution. None of the politicians seemed to be doing much. The governor was the attorney general. But this is a situation that has did not begin on her watch. And Senator Warren, who prides herself on always being head of the curve of everything, is obviously behind the eight ball in this one. She had an ample opportunity over the last twelve years or first two terms in the Senate to see what was going on and to have addressed it not only here in Massachusetts but in Washington. Yeah, this is this is a this is We are not Mississippi, we are not Alabama. Here we talk about Massachusetts as being the great medical center of the universe, where people come here from all over the world. But but what does that say for the average resident of Massachusetts. It's one thing to have mass General available for the elites of the world, whether you're a movie star, a singer like Adele or or the King of some emirate in the Middle East. You get you can get to mass General. But who gets to mass General or who can get to a hospital if if all the local hospitals are closing up. Mass General kind of accommodated for everybody. Let's go to the call, Let's go to the phones. They got Tom in West Virginia. Tom, he didn't want to show change your last hour. You go right ahead, thanks for waiting. Through the news.
Speaker 3: I can just hear Elizabeth Warren now having a press conference winger and saying, we've caught to change health care in the state of Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, she's I thought that with Obamacare, this was all going to be taken care of. Was it wasn't Obamacare going to fix everything? I guess not.
Speaker 3: Remember when Obama had his first State of the Union address and it was a senator from one of the Carolinas who Obama said in his State of the Union in address that illegal immigrants will not get medical care. Joe Wilson was his name, and he.
Speaker 2: Goes he was a congressman from South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yep, yes, thank you, okay, And he yelled out YOULI, which was very disrespectful.
Speaker 4: I might add but guess what.
Speaker 3: Guess who was getting medical care in the wonderful state of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts free of charge at the rate payers.
Speaker 2: Okay, just you know, Tom, you know as well as I do. There's nothing is free. You may not pay for it, but someone else is paying for it in this case, no tax.
Speaker 3: Bakers payers, the taxpayers and the people who have health insurance are paying for these people that I'm sure are all wonderful people. Okay, but anyway, I'm sad to see what's going on in the state that you know, I look at Massachusetts and if I go back to nineteen eighty nine, the state had six million people population a twelve billion dollar state budget back then. Now I look at it, it is I'm going to say, seven point two million people with a state budget of probably fifty five billion, fifty eight billion, you know, the.
Speaker 2: Eight the budget, it was just out right, So what's three billion amongst friends?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Right? And you know something, you can't criticize Maura Heally because obviously she leaves an alternative lifestyle and if.
Speaker 2: That's got nothing to do with her, Tom, that that's the lifestyle, has nothing to do with it. She was attorney general for eight years before she became governor. However, this was a plank of Elizabeth Warren. She was going after all of these corporations, these greedy corporations. Well, it's one thing to be a greedy corporation if you're producing a product that people are buying it. If you're the corporate head of the company that produces hula hoops and people will spend one hundred and fifty dollars on hula hoops, that's between you and those people. The government has no involvement in. But when you talk about hospital care and the closing of hospitals, that's her number one job. And guess what, she was asleep at the switch talking about Elizabeth Warren. Who's up for reelection this noment?
Speaker 3: Well, right, and so wasn't Marquee, and so wasn't maur Heally. And you know, Uh, it's sad because there's a lot of people. I own a house in Brockton. I have neighbors that have gone to the Brockton City Hospital, which is now started up again after a fire, unfortunately, but my mom died at the other hospital in Brockton. It begins begins with an f it'll come to me in a minute. But I just look at the state and it's like, is anything going right in Massachusetts?
Speaker 4: Well again, it just seems like for me.
Speaker 2: For me, the irony is that people come here from all over the world. I believe that Adele, the great singer from Britain, who is having trouble with her with her vocal courts, vocal courts, she was able to come here, thank God, you know, the the the Emmy or the of all of these, you know Middle Eastern countries who can afford to fly in here on their jumbo jets. Which is great, that's that's a wonderful service. But when you now are closing local hospitals, so people like that call O Lesta or Rob from Dunstable who apparently had some sort of one hour accident and cut his foot and apparently has lost a couple of toes. If that hospital had not been that available, he would have had significant problems worse than what he's dealing with. The Next time you listen, you listen to Elizabeth Warren make a speech about how that she's going to stay on top of this and make sure that there's no financial abuses and that the little guy who's being crushed or whatever she or being hammered. Wasn't that her phrase when she first you know, if you're being hammered, you know, well, these people aren't being hammered, these people are being ignored.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: And she she's the one who uh did the phony. I'm going to try and relate with the working people of Let me grab a beer and then she grabs a mechelode light.
Speaker 4: Are you're kidding me?
Speaker 3: If you're gonna pretend you're from Boston, you don't grab a michealode light? All right, you grab a Samuel Adam. Oh stop it, all right? Bending people like.
Speaker 2: No ads for seam Adams for me would be a course like, oh I love Sham Adams. All right, Thanks, thanks Tom, appreciate you call. I have a great night. Good night. We'll keep rolling here. Six one seven, two, five four to ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. This is a crisis. This is a crisis. It's a crisis that developed, that didn't develop overnight. Where were our political leaders? And I'm focusing on Senator Elizabeth Warren because one of her uh plat planks of her platform when she was running I'm going to represent the people who are getting hammered. Yeah, people are being hammered. Well, these people aren't being hammered, they're basically being ignored. Give us call six one seven ninety or six one seven two, five four ten thirty.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm late to the party in this story. I should have been doing this a couple of months ago. But now as I thought about it, I said, and this is not a look. If you have if your medical care is all in line, and your doctor is UH is available to you, and you don't have to worry about getting out a doctor, you're fine. But the people who are in a situation of desperation tonight, and who will be in a real situation situation of desperation as these hospitals close, that's who I want to hear from tonight. Join the conversation back on Night's Side right after this.
Speaker 1: Hold on a sec, I'm gonna get me apear now bent to Dan Ray live from the window World to Night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Get back to the phones. Here we got Bill and Lowell. Bill, youan next on Nightside. Welcome? How are you sir?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 2: Hi? Bill, Let's hear your take on this. I can hear you find you want to you on a speakerphone.
Speaker 6: Well, you know what, I have a speakerphone on my cell phone, but I attached a different speakerphone for it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's wonderful. Okay, Bill, I can hear you. Go right ahead.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I'm just gonna hear me. You know what, I think. It starts from the top where they our government allowed all these illegals to come into our country, and they are draining the system, even even the hospitals, because they get free health care. We don't.
Speaker 2: Well that's true too. I mean, you know that's a factor. Okay, that is clearly a factor, no question about that. Okay. But but also did no one see this coming? Where was Elizabeth Warren on this? I mean, wasn't she the person who's going to protect protect the little guy from getting hammered? Remember those campaign you know, vote for Elizabeth and everything. All the time Obamacare was supping to solve this. Remember again, we're not Mississippi, We're not Massachusetts. We are We're not Missippi, We're not element We're in Massachusetts. We are the center of the universe when it comes to medical care. But it's all going to go away.
Speaker 6: And you know what, Dan, I start where I am living right now. I started off five years ago, paying seventeen sixty five a month. Now I'm up to twenty three fifteen. How am I supposed to keep up with that?
Speaker 3: You know, it's not easy, but you live.
Speaker 2: In a one party state. The people, the people who are who are controlling the switch, they're asleep at the switch, and now we have this crisis. They don't anticipate problems. They react to problems that they've ignored for years.
Speaker 6: I've never liked Elizabeth Warren.
Speaker 2: Never find me one person I really likes her. I've never I mean, she's not a likable person. But her stick was, oh I will protect you. I'll protect you from from the from the the greedy corporate chieftains. Well this was a pretty.
Speaker 6: Damn She's protecting herself, she's protecting her pockets.
Speaker 2: You know, remember in November, my friend, Oh I.
Speaker 6: Will, I will Because it's like, you know, I don't understand how people vote for these people that are going to do us harm.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what happens is they get a good ad agency she comes across. You know, I'm for the little guy who's been hammered I'm for the little guy who's been hammered. That was what all she said, and people she must be good, and now how good she really is?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's all a bunch of life. Did I say you enough?
Speaker 2: I think you said quite enough. And he did a good job. Bill. I appreciate it. Thank you much.
Speaker 3: You're welcome by great.
Speaker 2: Have a great night. Okay, folks, I'm not asking to say anything. You can say what you want to say. This is simply providing you an opportunity. Next up, Kathy is in Lunenburg. Kathy, welcome back. How are you tonight?
Speaker 7: Good Dan. I'm calling specifically about out here in central mass which is not that far from Boston. We are less than an hour away. But yet, when the delegation went and had a press conference in Dorchester by Carney, I believe Elizabeth Warren was there, Ed Markey was there, Michelle wou was there. Governor Healy was there with her big words. The following day there was a press conference at Airt Town Hall. Elizabeth Warren sent an intern, a young intern, not one of the others, came out to ay Or town Hall. That is an a bottom disgrace. It's mind boggling to me that you know out here where it will now take more than thirty minutes for some people to get to a hospital, is being totally totally ignored and disregarded. It's absolutely shameful. What is going on. Well, that's against the beauty of the area of Massachusetts is ignored by the lawmakers.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's the beauty of what we're doing here on Nightside.
Speaker 7: Okay, I know, and I thank you for that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, that's my job. And I apologized earlier and I meant it honestly. Okay, I should go out just two weeks ago, but I was confused by it, and I've read up on it a little bit today, thought about it during the time when I was off, and I said, I got to jump on this story because there's people out there who are hurting.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the solution is. I don't pretend to know what the solution is, but I can tell you that the political class here in Massachusetts is not providing any leadership or solution on this Nice words press releases press releases from Stewart that says, we're concerned about the patients and we're doing everything we can how much money is Stuart spending on their PR agents. And then you have the politicians who have their their PR agents who tell everybody bad.
Speaker 7: They're all sad. Two things, two important points I wanted to make for any of the listeners. There is a hearing on Thursday. The Department of Public Health has scheduled the public hearing at Devons on the Nashoba closing. That's this Thursday to fifteenth at six pm at Devon's Community Center when Andrew's Parkway on Devons and beyond that there's going to be a virtual hearing I guess on Monday, August nineteenth at six pm. So if someone can't make the hearing on the fifteenth, then they feel strongly there is going to be a virtual hearing thereafter. So you know, when there are signs popping up all over the region, I'll tell you there's a group of people it's called Savenshoba. What is it called again, Yeah, Nashoba Lives. And they're on Facebook and there are a great bunch of people that work for Nashoba and they're putting signs everywhere trying to get people educated with what's going on. But it's it's really going to have a severe impact on this region. And I just you know it's going to be life and death, or I'll tell you this.
Speaker 2: Here's my Probre's problem. All the politicians now they can hold all the news conferences they want. The horse has left the la. Okay, they were sleeping the switch. And I hold Elizabeth Warren number one, number one responsible for this because this was her pitch when she was when she was running for the US Center in twenty twelve. The little guy's being hammered, and I'm here to protect the little guy. No, she's not right, She's proven it.
Speaker 8: Thank god.
Speaker 7: We have choices in November, John Deaton, Bobby Antonellis and Ian Kane.
Speaker 2: Well whatever, whatever you know, she's up for reelection. People need to send to a message. It's as simple as that for anybody. I'm not here at a campaign against anybody. But when when someone doesn't produce, when someone promises and they over promise it under deliver, it would be time for change in my.
Speaker 4: Opinion, Agree, agree, agree, All right.
Speaker 2: Thanks Kathy. Great to hear you hanging there. Okay, I thought about you today when I decided to do this topic, because I knew you were concerned about it.
Speaker 7: Thanks, thank you, good night.
Speaker 2: We'll take a quick break. Coming right back on Nightside. One line at six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. One line at six one, seven, nine three one ten thirty. I may cut this off at eleven o'clock tonight. I want to hear from you. Let's light these phone lines up. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: You're on Nightside with Dan Ray onn Youbzy, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go next to Michelle in Burlington who has been working or has worked at Michell But Michelle, welcome to Nightside.
Speaker 5: How are you, hi, Dan, thank you for taking my call. I'm good, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, You're welcome. Go right ahead. Tell us what you know.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 5: I've been a nurse at Misheubar. I currently still work there for twenty years. I love my job. I love that community hospital. We serve seventeen communities, between fifteen and seventeen communities, probably about one hundred and twenty one hundred and twenty five thousand people. The location if you look at an up where we're located. The communities that we serve from Ashby townshend Peparl Groton westward Lunenberg, obviously, Air Groton, Dunstable, Well, go all over, Shirley, Havard, Lancaster. I can just keep going. And the most important thing is this closure will absolutely positively cripple our EMS system. So there's a lot of elderly in these towns. There's I keep thinking of this one particular place in Townsend, like on Dudley Road, and there's like old old people housing, and there's some in Pepperrell in the summer air and surely, but anyway, I think of those folks way out there in towns, and how it's it's you know, a good twenty five minutes to get in the show, and how how when you are in a medical emergency, time is of the essence, and patients would come to the show. But and you know, if we don't have the means to care for you, we will, we will transfer you out. We have a helicopter pad. I could tell you stories and stories and stories of beautiful life saving things that have happened. Doctors across the hall wheeling their patient to the emergency room having massive mis and we get them in the helicopter and send them to where they need to be to get the care that they need. Just again, time is of the essence. And and you know when somebody falls and breaks a hip and they have to drive from Townsend in a bumpy ambulance to down route too to get to Conquered, to get to Emerson Hospital, Oh my goodness. And then what are we doing to those local emergency rooms? You're talking Leminster and Emerson. And if you're on Westford, you might be going to Lowell General. And those places are already packed and they cannot handle. They're already feeling the suffering of our closure. And when I'm not even closed yet.
Speaker 2: Well you can hear Michelle, you can hear voice.
Speaker 5: I am so just straw. You know what, Dan, It's I love my job. I love taking care of patients. I love what I do. But Stewart has absolutely positively crippled us. We were telling management for years that our beds were broken, equipment was breaking, we weren't getting replaced. It was almost like a strategic starvation of our economic foundations at Nashoba. So when when the thought of you ask any nurse in any bost Any hospital doesn't have to be a Boston the hospital, the how important it is to have an ICU, we have six icy beds. Dan we have twenty Jerry psyche beds. Do you know how hard it is to place mental health patients, let alone geriatric mental health? And we're closing, like, why isn't the Department of Mental Health like up in arms? Where where is everybody? I get politics, I get it, and I'm so disgusted I can't even It blows my mind when we're talking about this.
Speaker 2: There's absolutely no politics here. I mean, this is this is, this is nothing nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats, liberals, conservatives, all of us, whatever our political pedigree is, whatever a political philosophy is, all of us at some point need professional, high level medical care in a convenient way. I mean, people should not have to drive into Boston and try to find a parking space near my mass General or in a parking garaguate masth General for something that could be handled by a community hospital. I hold Elizabeth Warren uh primarily responsible for this. It's as simple as that. I really see it that way.
Speaker 5: So it's definitely there's definitely yes. People people of higher care ever knew what was going on, what Steward did. If you did some investigating and read a little bit. And this is what I wish somebody would do, dive deep and look at what Steward has done. It's almost like I keep saying that we were us Ann Kearney or the sacrificial lambs in this in this whole economic break. Why I don't you know? What you know blows my mind is is when when we as nurses spoke to media, they were out there when we first you know, announced the closure, and of course they don't they don't play what you actually say. But anyway, but some of the numbers that they came across, they said that we only had eleven eleven patients at that particular time. We had like thirty seven patients in our hospital.
Speaker 3: We were thriving, we were busy.
Speaker 5: I don't know why the numbers are skewed reported wrong. We do have DPH coming in weekly, checking checking, honest, do you have what you need? You do you have enough staff members? Do you have you know? Because we had canceled procedures because we didn't have Stewart didn't pay the bills. So there are certain vendors that couldn't get certain equipment we couldn't get. I mean, it was just it was Honestly, it was just awful.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much, Michelle. I don't know if you've called Michelle before, but the passion in your voice is inspiring. And I'm not going to forget this call. I promise you, okay, and we'll stay on this. We're trying to get some experts on this later on this week. There's a guy I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get my fellow nurses calling you.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Thanks so much, Michelle, appreciate.
Speaker 5: Thank you for bringing us up.
Speaker 4: I can't thank you.
Speaker 2: Let me get one in here before the break. If I can't, going to go to Marianne and Bridgewater. Hey, Marianne, you're next on night Side.
Speaker 8: Hey Dan, thanks for taking my call. I just ask you if let me put you on speaker for a second, because I want to read. This is part of the problem, the funding that's quiet like. So, for instance, we have private health insurance, and I noticed on some of the statements that we have a search charge. So you know, chemo is expensive, so you know, sixteen hundred dollars a visit surcharge goes to the Commonwealth of mass So I caught up and I said, what is this surcharge, and the insurance company explained to me that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts charges or makes the insurance companies pay a percentage one point thirty five percent of whatever the cost it is for the treatment my son is getting. So I started looking into this, thinking after the Steward and everything going on with Stewarts, do it had was a health insurance company too, called Steward Care or something, and I started googling, wondering did they have to pay the co too? And sure enough, anybody that purchased through the connector are one of those Obama plans and they did not have mass help. So anyone that was enrolled in like the Steward Care insurance, Steward was responsible to send this money to the state and that money is what's funding the emergency care the immigrants that aren't legal.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if I know this, that to take care of the housing of the newcomers, the migrants, whatever you want to call them, it's costing Massachusetts one billion dollars a year, and it will cost us another billion dollars a year from now now. Again, separate and apart from the crisis with Stewart, I mean that's money that we really don't have, and it gets cut from somewhere else. I have never been in a position thank you that you find your family self your family and right now, Okay, you said you have a son who's undergoing chemotherapy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is bad because he actually purchased that Steward health plan during COVID because he had gotten not laid off, but it was like a cheaper insurance than getting it through his work. And they didn't even have the doctors to treat him. They misdiagnosed him, and when he was finally diagnosed in November, it was stage four be cancer. So it's an uphill battle. Oh, forty forty years old. Forty years old, so I retired from nursing to take care of my son.
Speaker 2: To me favor, please say hello to him and tell him that there's a lot of people listening to this program. I'm sure are going to offer prayer for him tonight. Okay.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's really tough. But I never even knew as a nurse. I never knew our private insurances. And I guess it became effective either November or October of November of twenty twenty three, that this searchage is now funding this emergency pool, Okay, and it just makes me angry, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sorry, I know it sounds terrible.
Speaker 8: No, but to think of every TEAMO appointment, Dan, and then I'm going to just say this and hang up. John's share of it is twenty three thousand dollars and we've only done we'reing on a second cycle now because he does need a stem cell transplant if there's any chance of Slovako. But I look at this and I say to myself, my gosh, how does anyone afford this anymore? And that's when I started comparing the bills to that insurance, and then I found that search tage. Honestly, Dan, I flipped my shit a little bit.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I swore, but.
Speaker 8: I did in my mind because I'm thinking of myself. Yes, sure, searchadging my insurance to fund a program for people that don't even they're not citizens. I'm sorry, Dan, I get angry because.
Speaker 2: Our priorities are totally reversed as they should be. We should be taking care of people in Massachusetts who have been here, lived here for a long time.
Speaker 8: Okay, did you know, Dan, I just want to say this. John worked up until the day before his first demo treatment on December nineteenth, he stayed working full time.
Speaker 3: Well again, he's.
Speaker 2: Been a contributor. And this is the sort of thing that in you know, you hear the politicians use the phrase the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. There was no commonwealth for your son. Okay, no, no, they'll talk about, they'll talk about for the newcomers. They now are members of our family, our commonwealth. Well, I think that's you know, pardon me, you.
Speaker 8: Know, the commonwealth to my house. That's how I feel, you know, like, come on, let's shift. Do you want to share? Okay, look at here's my seventy thousand dollars of bills.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so glad you called them, so glad you got it in. But I'm past my break here and my.
Speaker 8: Thank you for letting event.
Speaker 2: Well do me a favorite event. But remember in November.
Speaker 8: Okay, oh absolutely right now.
Speaker 2: Thanks Mary. Okay, we're gonna take quick break. Come right back on Night's side. We will switch topics at eleven unless you want to keep talking about this. Six one seven, two, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three ten thirty A couple of lines there, coming back on nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray Mine from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep rolling here. We're gonna go to Dave in San Antonio, Texas. Dave, you were next on Nightside. Let's talk about the Stuart Hospital crisis here in Massachusetts. Go ahead, Dave.
Speaker 4: I could just give you a relative story to that day, okay, And that's up in Michigan. I had to go thirty miles as the doctor where I lived, and it was horrible treatment. And the governor, the welfare people wanted to take my dear wife and put her in one of them homes and kill her because it would have happened to her, because it's the same thing happened to Michigan that happened in New York with that COVID. And it was right during that period. And I called my daughter up and I said, you buy me a house down there if you want your mom alive. And so she immediately, Boy, how do.
Speaker 2: You let me ask you this day? I'm trying to understand and and and please pardon, more.
Speaker 4: Had gone through Dave.
Speaker 2: Dave, I'm trying to ask you a question, So just please listen to me. Let me help you here, Okay, okay, I want to understand how do you relate your story, which is a sad story, uh, to what's going on here in Massachusetts right now. We're closing hospitals in Massachusetts in areas where where people need the help. What what?
Speaker 4: That's what you get from letting those Democrats take control of that state and one party system.
Speaker 2: That's a two party system in Michigan, by the way, Yeah, well you've had Republican governors. You have five Republican Congress governors state than Massachusetts.
Speaker 4: Dave, I mean, oh no, it's not no, it's not this.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. Do you know how many We have two senators, both Democrats. We have nine members of Congress, they're all Democrats. Okay, we have six constitutional offices, they're all Democrats. The Speaker of our House, the President of our Senate are Democrats. Our legislature is about eighty to eighty five percent Democrat. Find me a state that is more overwhelming Democrat than that, other than maybe Rhode Island, and.
Speaker 4: I can always tell you that Michigan. I can only tell you Michigan as a governor that was just a little bit away from replacing Biden. So they have.
Speaker 2: Members of Congress out there who are Republicans.
Speaker 4: Let me finish what on comparison I'm trying to make.
Speaker 2: I came down here to help you, Dave, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I came down there are in Texas, in a very conservative state, and my wife received treatment that was a hundred times better that she received up in Michigan. And she died in my arms, not in the bag on nursing hope, and the nurses would come to the home and treat her and bade her and there would be no sticking her in some home with a bunch of people that everybody forgot about. That was one instance. And the second instance is my daughter. She's a disabled VET. During Trump's administration, while Donald Trump was president, aiden the vy at va like he was doing, she was getting transfusions for her a plastic anemia.
Speaker 2: What we're talking about. By the way, I just ran just for your own benefit. I'm delegation. I don't want to confuse you with facts, Dave. But the Michigan congressional delegation has thirteen members, six Republicans, seven Democrats. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I understand that, I understand it's.
Speaker 2: A much more ba stage than I'm glad that you're I'm glad that your wife has received better treatment in Texas, but we're talking about Massachusetts and I got to get back to it. I'm sorry, Dave. I appreciate your call as always. Thank you. Mike is in Lunenburg. Bring me back to reality, please, Mike, it's Mike there. No, okay, why don't you see where Mike is gone? Uh. If Mike is there, I'll take him. If not, we'll move on to someone else. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, triple eight nine nine ten thirty. Let me go to Mike ready, Robert. No, okay, Mike, I don't know where you were, but I hope you then now go right ahead, Mike.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 9: The Facebook page is Save No So Save Noshoba, Save Lives, and my wife works in the lab over there, so we're not looking forward to the of the hospital and all of my medical care is there.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't think anybody would be looking forward to the closure of a hospital in their community. I totally agree with you on that, that's for sure. Who do you blame? Do you blame anyone who's are just living in Massachusetts?
Speaker 9: Maura Healy was the Attorney Generalney General here, and she was aware of the nonprofit hospital being being taken over by a for profit equity firm that's owned by or Ralph de Latour and Steward in the whole.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. I look at Elizabeth Warren and I think that that she's been around long enough. And she came into office saying she's going to look out for the little little guy. Do you hold her responsible?
Speaker 9: And no, not to the same extent as I personally hold Mari.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let me ask you this, mar Hee. He's not in the battle at this November Elizabeth Warren, and you're gonna vote for Warren.
Speaker 9: The jury's out, jury's out.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you something. Uh, you better get the jury coming back in. Thanks, Mike, trust me on that. If you if you want to have the same result, keep voting the same way. Let me keep rolling. You're gonna go to Steven in Wellesley, Steven next on night side, go right ahead. Maybe Steven's not save it. Are you there? Welcome?
Speaker 9: No, it's it's Caesar. Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Your first name is Peter. No, Caesar Caesar, Okay, Hail Caesar. Okay, I got Caes, I got Stephen, but we'll make it seizure. What's your thought on this state, Caesar?
Speaker 10: Go right ahead, all right, So gonna be a little facetious here, all about money. Doesn't matter what you have, you haven't got it, you're not getting you're not getting to take.
Speaker 2: Really, well, there's a lot of people who have come into the come all at the Massachusetts penniless, Caesar, penniless. I don't know if you're aware of the migrant situation we're here in have in Massachusetts. Those those folks.
Speaker 10: Are penniless, but I made sure they were taken care of because it's a political move.
Speaker 2: Well, but what I'm saying is there, I don't think it's a question of money. It's a question of whether or not you're in a favorite class or not. How do you feel about Senator Elizabeth Warren, who was going to protect everybody from getting hammered?
Speaker 9: Well, back on what was the first time, what was that you said before Warren? You got something with Warren?
Speaker 2: What if you think she's done a good job representing you in Washington?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I also don't know.
Speaker 2: Open up your eyes and read a little bit about it and I think you'll come to uh an obvious conclusion. Caesar, A nice call, Thank you very much, appreciate it. All right, we're done for this hour. A couple of different calling well, we sort of the quality of the calls went down as the hour went on, which always is troubling, but that's okay. When we get back, we're going to talk about stealing candidates, presidential candidates, stealing ideas from other presidential candidates. Back on Nightside after this