Speaker 1: Okay, friend, Sorry distracted from mere moments. Five past the hour. It's Wednesday. Here on the Morning Show with Preston Scott, February the twelfth, Zach cast this afternoon at the Power Forward Speakers series. There are some sick seats still available if you are interested in going. You might remember the interview we shared it with you last week. When a guy can put on his business card futurist, that's just so cool. What do you do for a living? I'm a future and I think people just intuitively want to turn over their poems and say, take a look, what do you see. That's not what we're talking about here. He's not pulling out a deck of cards or anything like that. But it's all about AI. He worked with the company behind you know chat GPT, I think it is Open AI for fourteen years. He was a strategist for them. Now he does consulting with businesses around the world. It was funny because when I spoke to him, he was on his honeymoon in Davos. He was speaking at Davos. Hey, honey, want to get married and then go to Davos because I've got a speaking engagement there. What a sweet gig that is anyway, that's today three point thirty downtown at the at the Ruby Diamond Auditorium campus of FSU, Wes Scott Fountain. Right behind Wes Scott Fountain. He just that's iconic. I mean they showed every time FSU plays a game, they got pictures of Wes Scott Fountain and right behind there is Ruby Diamond. Anyway, that's that's today. Let's start, as we do with some scripture. And Jose and I were talking about this. This is this is the love week, guys, today and tomorrow and then last minute panic end up you end up with a card for your wife that's probably meant for a five year old because that's all that's left. If you don't get out there and get a card sooner versus letter, and you'll be getting the the the daffodils instead of the roses because they'll be gone. I'm just saying, you'll be getting the chocolates with the fruit in them instead of the caramels and the nuts. Come on, that's what you want. You know, when fruit gooey get you end up with a bad chocolate left over too. Now, they'll never run out of chocolate, will they all right, here's our verse. Though it's from one Corinthians thirteen, this is six and seven. It does not talking about what love. Love does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love rejoices with the truth. Isn't that why we just beg our kids? Even if you mess up, just tell us the truth. At the core of that statement, kids, any early rising teenagers getting ready for school, at the core of that statement is love, because love bears all things. What makes a bad decision worse is trying to cover it up. Okay, you messed up. That's life, hiding it and compounding it with a lie.
Speaker 2: Ugh of.
Speaker 1: I used to tell my kids, and obviously, like all kids, there were times it was embraced and there were times it wasn't. But I would say, you know, the most important thing for you to understand about speaking the truth to me is that there's going to come a moment in your life where you will desperately need me to believe you. And in that moment, I do not want a shred of doubt that you're telling me the truth. Love endures all things. Ten past the hour Deep Dave into the American Patriots Almanac. Next, we'll tell you about the show. We'll have some fun today here in the Morning Show with Preston Scott, The Morning Show with Preston Scott on News Radio one hundred point seven WUFLA. Take a look here at this date in history. It is February the twelfth, two days, guys saying two, eighteen oh nine. Abraham Lincoln, sixteenth US President, born near Hodgenville, Kentucky. Nineteen oh nine, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People INAACP is founded. And you know what, I think that organization had a very noble purpose. Then it's just not needed anymore. It's just a racist organization. It's a shame. I'm curious when nevermind, I don't need to do that now. Nineteen seventy three, Hanoi begins to release American POWs following the end of the Vietnam War. Nineteen ninety nine, senateor quits Bill Clinton on the charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. Yeah. Two thousand and one, the Near Near Earth Asteroid Rendezvous spacecraft touches down on AARROS, marking the first landing on an asteroid. Yeah, Bruce Willis was there, he was on that. He was on that flight. Ben Affleck I think was on that as well. Yeah, it's very they's looking at me like you almost got me almost. I can't. All of a sudden, the name of the movie escapes meed. That's it. That's it. Yeah, there were a couple of movies that came out about asteroids coming to earth. I thought, uh, Deep Impact was pretty good. That was that was pretty good, not a not a terrible movie. Anything with Morgan Freeman in it is pretty good. He's among my faves. Denzel Washington, Tom Hanks, I know his politics, but he's at least classy with his politics. He's not trashy because he understands where his bread is buttered. But put Tom Hanks in a movie and I'm probably gonna watch it at some point in my life. Trying to think there was a time Meg Ryan would be a Meg Ryan movie would would get my attention. But then she had all that ridiculous surgery and it's like, oh, poor Meg. Did you know she was in a super Bowl commercial with Billy Crystal. They were reenacting that scene, you know that scene I'm talking about from when Harry met Sally. It's a classic scene at kats Is Delhi in New York. In fact, I've been to that deli, that deli and that table is marked as being table. Is it the uh, I'll have what she's having? That's that's another table. But yes, it's that scene. That that's the scene right there where Meg is. Yes, it's it's it's an it's an iconic scene, but kats Is is an iconic place, kats Is Delhi, So I just thought it was funny. It's the first time I've seen Meg Ryan and they do a very very quick face shot, just enough that you know it's her. But it's kind of tough because she's had surgery and it's not gone. Well, why is it that people don't allow them? Look, I get it, if your egg your eyes get bags on them and they get to the point where you can't see, and I get you gotta you gotta do certain things. I get that, But man, pulling up your fast to the point where you can't talk, oh, my gosh. And we've seen it. We've seen that. Oh too much surgery, too much surgery. And usually what happens is It's like chasing the dog's tail. You just you are chasing all that didn't come out the way that I'd hope, So we got to do another surgery. Oh that didn't. Then you do the next thing. You know you are you are oh oh oh tough, real quick though, hanging on National Plumb Pudding Day. That's it. Sixteen past the hour, come back and yeah, stick around twenty two minutes past. Good morning. How are you? I'm not sure if I introduced, I'm Preston. How are you? That's Jose, Jose. Can you see at iHeartRadio dot com? And that is C A, N U S E. Simple can you see? But with just one E or without the I, depending on you know, your perspective on things. And then there's me Preston at iHeartRadio dot com. Today on the program, doctor Bob McClure joins us in the third hour. Much to talk about. We have so many things going. We are we are boy. We are juggling the rest of the month, getting some guests nailed down. That will be epic, very excited about that. Today's show lots to talk about the big stories in the press box. We're drilling down into one I just think it's a massively important story. It is huge, and we'll we'll get to that in just a little bit. But I I came across this. I I'm a big fan of the website app All Recipes. If you're if you're not familiar with that, chances are if you look up you want a recipe for fill in the blank, one of the things that will pop up is all Recipes. I think it's all recipes dot com. It's brilliant because it offers you recipes with reviews from other people. And these aren't necessarily recipes from one cookbook or one chef or one You'll find you'll find fifty recipes for French dip sandwiches. You'll find you'll find and and you'll you can get them with five star you know, one hundred and fifty five star reviews, and you're like, Okay, this has some game to it. And then you go in and you read the comments and someone said, well I substituted a little bit of this for that, but the base recipe is incredible, and you just it's it's fun. It's a fun site to go to and it's real easy if you just if you've never made something before and you want to make it great site. It's got everything. One of the other things it has though, it has a news section. And I found this just fascinating. And understand, I'm not obsessed with much of anything other than Jesus and my family. But I'm intrigued, you know, I'm intrigued by the royal family. I'm intrigued by the history of I mean, even though he's kind of ah king, Charles is a direct descendant of the royal family going back. Now you can say what you will about all that stuff, and it is a little weird, but it is what it is, and there's a history involved there, through the good and the bad that's fascinating. It's just interesting. And part of that is the fact that Charles was married to Diana, Princess Diana, and I remember when she died there was an unbelievable mourning that went on in this country. I mean, it was tragic. And look, she was not the perfect princess. She had her issues as well, Charles was whatever, but she was the people's princess in every way, shape or form. So I come across this article and here's the headline, The Easy Dinner Princess Diana ate two to three times a week. Now. She couldn't cook. She was renowned for not being able to cook. She was dreadful, but she's the princess. So she had a chef that cooked five days a week and on the weekends he would leave meals prepared with microwave instructions how to reheat them. But if you're wondering what was the meal, her favorite dinner was bell peppers stuffed with veggies, rice and cheese with a smoky tomato sauce, zucchini, mushrooms, some rice, had a little carbs in it for the rice, little mozzarella in there, some parmesan, and then a smoked tomato pepper sauce. And so her chef has the recipe on the website all recipes. That's the name of the site, all recipes dot com. I guess, so yeah, I just thought it was interesting what the royals would it would be eating stuff peppers. She would eat some rainbow trout and some chicken. Now and then I can't say, look, I get it. If you're out camping and you catch trout and you're gonna cook it up. I'm not a big fresh water fish person. It's just so fishy. It's just it is a little it's it's a little gamey. It just is. But anyway, there you go like you care. Twenty eight minutes after the hour, I at least I thought it was interesting. If not, you know, make it tonight for dinner. The Morning Show with Preston Scott our focus today. The big story in the press box is doge what is being uncovered. I want to point out that at this point this is just scratching the surface of looking at our federal government. In a little over two weeks, they've uncovered what could be one trillion dollars of wasteful spending. And that's just maybe in the last year, that's spending. Our buddy Lee Williams finds himself the focus of a big story with his writing See the guests that we bring you no one can touch at least in our you know, with what we do. It's just it's crazy the favor God gives us. Consider this. Lee is writing about how much of the USAID money ended up fighting against the Second Amendment. Lee has written about a group called Anyophilanthropy. Anyophilanthropy was getting money from USA d USAID usaid they are a middleman. Anti gun groups, anti Second Amendment groups don't want you to know where their money comes from. They do everything possible. So this is like a legalized let me make sure I say that clearly, a legalized form of money laundering. The United States government is taking your tax dollars, funneling it to this nonprofit group that then gives it to every town USA to Giffords, which is named after Gabby Giffords of another anti gun zelot. She was unfortunately shot and it was a terrible crime. She survived, but she's been an anti gun nut ever since. It's not the gun. It's like, so if you got hit by a car, are you now anti car or are you more concerned about the people behind the wheel of the car. See, this is the disconnect. This is the lack of honesty and intellectual integrity in their argument. We're talking about millions of dollars funneled to these groups. There's no telling how much exactly they've received of your money, but the trail is there. They've uncovered doge that fifty billion dollars has been annually sent to people without Social Security numbers. Americans delivered limited government, writing about this. Who decided not to worry about requiring ID to receive a government check? Is it also fair to ask what the US House and Senate Appropriations Committee have been doing over the last twenty years. This is fifty billion annual will lee in just social Security checks? Have I mentioned it's facing bankruptcy, it's facing running out of money. It's projected to imagine what that fifty billion could do if it hadn't been spent and hand it out to people that don't that don't deserve it. And now we get to the point of the big story. And we've heard it from US Congress when Kat Camick, we've heard it from other guests, justin Haskins. We have got to demand that Congress make these things permanent. This is your money. Forty one minutes after the hour, What do you think big story in the press box?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so the Morning Show, Preston Scott. This storyline cannot ever be allowed to get old. There needs to be a running total. There needs to be constant messaging with paid advertisements by the Republican Party, by the Freedom Caucus, by every state Republican Party. This needs to be hammered home over and over and here's what you do. You show all of these costs that have and bled out of out of out of your wallet, all this money, and then you you put next to it the Democrats screaming, frantically, calling names because they don't want it uncovered, they don't want it stopped. And then what you have to do is you have to remember how do you handle your budget When you get to a point where you just cannot buy anymore or do certain things. You have to get a second job, or a third job, or a side hustle. You got to find another way, or you cut costs, or you do both. You can't get another credit card because you're leveraged, you're maxed out the bank. The lending companies say we can't. I'm sorry. You've got to get your costs lowered, your liabilities lowered, your assets increased, your income streaming. You have to do something to change the math. The math says no more credit. This is the distinction. The government never gets told no unless citizens say no. A majority said no, and Trump's acting on it. You've got to support these efforts. Look, when you when you take out a cancer, most cancer surgeons will tell you they work with margins, and they'll remove a tumor, and then they'll remove a little bit outside that to create a margin, a buffer. And there's no doubt that some of these cuts are gonna hit where you and I live. There will be things that are impacted by cuts. There will be some things that are that are affected. It's okay, it's it's okay. Another example the penny. Trump wants the Treasury to stop minting pennies. Why because it's worth one cent, but it costs roughly three cents to make. Where does that make sense? No pun intended with the word sense different different use of different, never mind? Why would you continue? And they've been doing this for decades, the cost of making it because it's now made with zinc covered in copper as opposed to made with copper, because we can't afford to make it with copper. Last year, the cost of making a penny was nearly four cents three point seven cents per penny. Of course we need to stop making it now. There's actually a group of people demanding that we not. It's it's the group. It's some group called People for Common Sense ce nts ah. That's clever. I mean, it's clever. But no, no, no, no, no no. These are the little things you have people. What difference does that make? It makes a difference. It doesn't matter how much of one. If you've ever had to balance your budget and find ways to cut you know you buy this brand versus this brand. Why because if you do that enough times at the store, you're you're ending up saving twenty twenty five bucks. And that's half a tank of gas. That's some socks or underwear that you need. You get the point. It adds up. We have to be laser focused on this and keep encouraging Democrats, Republicans, all of them cut spending, even if it touches my life. Forty eight past the hour. More to come on The Morning Show, The Morning Show with Preston Scott on US Radio one hundred point seven double UFLA or on newsradiou WUFLA. Panama City dot Com got a note from jan It apparently costs fourteen cents to make a nickel. What's the answer to adjusting all of this? Well, I would say you continue to do away with until you come up with a way of making whatever you need to make that is less than the value of the thing. You're making I mean, isn't I mean? Or you do away with it. We're not talking about Best Buy and loss leaders. You know, Best Buy on Black Friday routinely offers what are called loss leaders. They what they do is they price some things they have a limited number. Let's say you got a thousand dollars sixty five inch high deft four K TV, and I know it's probably much less than that at this point in time, but let's just say that's that's your normal price, and you put it on sale for four ninety nine. You got five of them, your cost is say six hundred or six fifty. You're gonna lose one hundred, one hundred and fifty bucks on every TV you sell. What you're counting on is getting people in the store and buying other things. Or they came for that, it's not available, so they settle for that, and you're making the profit on that. So those lost leaders draw people in so that you then can expose them and get them to buy other stuff. That's why you know, if you even online, you buy something and they say, hey, would you like this before you check out? Well? How about this? How about that? All of those things you might have bought what you bought at a very good price. But all those other things are at a normal price, and they have their normal margins baked in and so forth. That's business, that's how it works. That's not what the government's supposed to do. They're not in business, and so there has to be a decision made on Okay, maybe we do away with nichols. I'm not in favor of digital currencies, only too much can go wrong, But there has to be a mechanism. And again I'm just I'm spitballing here. We've been talking for how long about recycling? What about a plastic penny? Too easy to counterfeit? Maybe maybe I don't know. I'm just saying, and I think we'd all agree we don't need But maybe there's something else, another product we can make based on recycling. That's that's a nickel that can be made for far cheaper. I don't know, don't know. All right, we got our two coming, speaking of money and savings and the economy and your economy. All right, ruminators, welcome to the second hour of the Morning Show with Preston Scott. Great to share time with you and am grateful for you to share your time with us. That's Jose running the program, Doctor Bob McClure next hour. We've got a lot to talk about between now and then. Getting a lot of email Preston at iHeartRadio dot com. Relative to Doge, I understand what he's He's what Elon Musk man, he what is he?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: And just he's gonna get all kinds of information whatever, Like Elon Musk is gonna steal your social Security check. The dude could make a dent in our in our national debt, just a dent by himself. He doesn't need to steal a thing. I think he's having the time of his life. This is this is what Washington has needed, an enema. I'm getting some email though on the whole Doge. Now, the pennies and and just the dollar figures that are being you know, I mean potentially a trillion dollars of waste. May be a year. I don't know, We don't know. Barry wrote in. He said, I don't know about you and my fellow ruminators, but the numbers you use, one trillion, it just doesn't resonate. Because I'm a public servant, I don't make very much. I saw a YouTube short the other day and put it in perspective for me. The guy said, how long is one million seconds compared to one billion seconds? A million seconds is eleven days. A billion seconds is thirty one years. Imagine what a trillion seconds is? Hold on, how long is trillion seconds? A trillion seconds is thirty one thousand, six and eighty eight years. Sweet goodness, gracious, one trillion seconds is over thirty one thousand, six hundred and eighty eight years. That gives you some concept of thank you Berry for that tip. That there you go. Now about the price of eggs, have you noticed the egg situation isn't getting better? In fact, we've got Costco more on them. In a few moments, Kroger and Whole Foods now putting limits on the number of eggs you can purchase. Video posted on TikTok claimed that an entire section of eggs at Costco has gone in less than ten minutes, so they're limiting three Well, like I think it's Whole Foods now three cartons of eggs at a time per customer. Now, I'll be the first one to say, I guess if you've got a big family or something, Okay, But I don't know why a family would normally buy three dozen eggs at a time, but you know, to each their own. But the cost is again bird flu or is it? I mean, isn't it crazy that we're now at a point where you just don't trust anything, you know, we had all of those fires in the Biden years at chicken corn, yeah farms, and it's like, and then you've got states with these silly cage rules. We only want free range chickens. Okay, waffle House is putting a fifty cent per egg surcharge on all of its menus temporarily till egg prices come back down. But yeah, it's a thing, you know. Please don't hoard, please, or go buy chickens and get your own eggs. Ten minutes past the own speaking of costco to what passed the hour warning show, Okay, you just got a call from somebody that asked, asked what.
Speaker 3: He said, why come eggs are around a doll comty And it's from a movie if you know, you know it's he said, the name of the movie Idiocracy. Oh my gosh, okay, go ahead, So he said, why are eggs in Mexico a dollar forty and eggs in America six seven dollars.
Speaker 1: There's something going on, he says, I'm guessing that the eggs in Mexico are salsa flavored. No stereotyping there. Huh yeah, I don't know. I would imagine they don't have ridiculous guidelines like they must be grown free range as they are in many states in America that you you've got to have chickens must have the freedom to wander. Hmm. Okay, I'm sorry, it's just I do not believe in cruelty. But here's the bottom line. The the there are animals that are that are strictly to feed us. We were given dominion over them. You know. You you well, anyway, I don't want to go go down that road. I did mention that Costco boy, Costco just cannot get out of its own way.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: You see that sometimes it's it's kind of a contagion. You'll find teams get on losing streaks and they just lose confidence. In sports, you know, a guy boots an easy ground ball and next thing you know, there's drop flies, and there's wild pitches and pass balls and fumbled catches and it just it's uh. And then in stresses and it just gets worse. And basketball shots aren't going in and everyone just starts panicking because no one can make a shot, and football drop passes, fumbles, misstackles. I mean, it's really crazy. And then business, I'm convinced that there's a similar type thing where just mistakes compound themselves. And Costco is starting to struggle because their wokeness is out. And I don't know what to tell you, those of you that are avid Costco shoppers and all that, I'm not telling you what to do. I'm just telling you what Costco's all about. And Costco and several of its executives are affiliated with a group called Washington Employers for Racial Equity. Costco CEO Ron Vakris, Microsoft president Brad Smith, they all are part of this effort to support black washing Washingtonians, to build a future rooted inequity for all the irony of courses. All of those movements are not about equity. They're about preferential treatment. It's not based on meritocracy. And there's the problem. They don't they can't seem to understand they are perpetuating racism. They don't believe that minorities, blacks primarily are capable of achieving. So they have to lower the standards. They have to lower the gates, they have to lower all of the normal barriers that exist for anybody to get a job. You have to have this and this and this and this, and they don't. They don't think blacks can achieve those things. I would be incensed if I were confronted by a work environment that got me in the door because I'm an I'm an older white man who simply just he's not very smart. I like, keep your job. I don't want that job. I well, but you you've never faced what they've Okay, whatever you say, Just let me know how it's working out. We've been doing this crap since the sixties. How's that working out? Maybe instead of the rule of dominions expectations, we simply say what doctor Martin Luther King said that we judge people by the content of their character, of their heart, not by the color of their skin. We judge them based on their merit, what they can do. I would submit to you that's kind of how we do it in professional sports. It's a meritocracy. Otherwise there'd be a lot more white people, wouldn't there be on basketball teams. I'm just I'm pointing out the obvious, and I know it rubs some of you so wrong because you're so blinded with racism and bigotry. But that's a very factual statement. The least racist places in the world are in sports because it's a meritocracy. You just have to hit these numbers. You've got to run that fast. You've got to you've got to bench that much. You've got to hit that well. You've got to shoot that well. You've got to jump that high. You've got to be able to throw the football that far. You've got to be able to run certain things, certain distances at certain speed, or else you're just not good enough. We don't want to say that in business. Yeah, I'm late, like way late. All right, a little bit of a short segment here, but that's okay because the content matter cooperates very nicely. Because it's time for in the wild or in our homes. We love them critters large and small. Time for another edition of animal Stories on The Morning Show with Preston Scott. Eh. Yeah, the headline says it all. Wandering monkey blamed for nationwide power outage in Sri Lanka. Monkey in the wrong place at the wrong time was to blame for a blackout that hit the entire nation. The Energy minister told reporters at a news conference. The outage was caused by a monkey that came into contact with a grid transformer at the Panadura power station, located in the near the capital of Colombo. No word on the condition of the monkey, but my thinking is he's no more with us. Australian reptile wrangler called to Queensland. What would you do? You are you're about to open up the grill, But if you shrimp on the babby and you open the grill top up and you notice something moving inside the grill and a massive coastal carpet python is inside your barbecue grill. And so there's video on social media now showing when Stuart Mackenzie a reptile wrangler. That's just that reminds me of such a bad joke. Do I tell it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, not gonna do it discretion. Maybe some other day I'll tell that joke. It's a very funny joke. But can can you imagine? I mean, if you just look it up online, I guess reptile wrangler, But let's go back to the original question. You find a snake wrapped up like that in your grill, do you just turn on the girl and then stand way back? I just I. I once walked outside my before we had our screened in back patio. I walked outside my door and there was this massive snake above me on my roof, and his head was hanging over I've never gotten rid of that feeling that as I think of this story, I think of that and that snake hanging over my head that I didn't know was over my head until hey, take a, whoa, whoa. I don't know if it was a rat, snake, treesa, it wasn't, isn't like a rattlesnake or anything like that. But he no said that whole serpent, snake, demon, devil thing. No, no, no, no, no. Twenty seven past the hour, come back, let's do the big stories in the press box. Getting ready for the next half hour of the Morning Show with Preston Scott. Welcome to the Morning Show with Preston Scott. Thank you, Melanie, listener of the program, sharing that I don't know if you've ever seen it, the US debt Clock. Have you ever seen it. Do me a favor. Turn on your mic.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: I did this to grant from time to time. Turn on your mic and go online. Go on your computer there to US Debt clock dot org d e BT clock, Yes you do, or you can add a tab sir US debt clock dot org dot.
Speaker 3: For okay, US National Debt Clock real time.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh my yeah. But what I want to call your attention to upper left hand corner, the first box that shows national debt climbing above thirty six trillion dollars, which by the way, is not counting a lot of things. But do you see that little green section. What's that say, d og e clock dose clock. Yes, that's showing the amount of waste they're finding. Wow, or maybe money they're saving. I don't know. I don't know how they're they're they're doing that. You can click it. This is the real time savings objective and so I'm guessing that's the real time savings that we're seeing. Wow. But anyway, if you've never seen it, friends, you need to just check it out. I just posted it on our TwixT page. The big story in the press boxes is doge do you realize that fifty billion of your dollars are being sent every year in fraudulent Social Security payments. What do you mean fraudulent? They're being sent to people without a Social Security number. That's called fraud. As Americans for Limited Government point out, why hasn't Congress caught this? This is why you had to have someone like Donald Trump and someone like Elon Musk and the people that are working for him that don't come from government. They're not inoculated to the waste. They're trained to find it. Any One who runs a business, and remember government's not supposed to be a business, but you are taking people's money, so you need to account for it should be asking, okay, who are we writing checks to? If you get a comptroller into a business, one of the first things they do is they look at the income streams and they look at the outflows. Who are we writing checks to? All right, let's look at the places that are writing checks. Well, social Security writes checks all the time, all the time. Wouldn't you want to start there? Okay, are we getting the money that is owed to the people that we owe it to? And are we getting money to people that we don't owe it to? In other words, are all of the recipients of these checks. Are they in our system with a Social Security number? Well, they're in our system, but they don't have numbers. Well that's a problem. Fifty billion a year. Apparently this has been going going on for a while and adds up to roughly one trillion dollars in and of itself. We have to hold Congress accountable. Wasteful, potentially fraudulent spending must be stopped. You've got to support Trump in this effort. We have to usaid was taking our tax dollars and sending them to middlemen who then funnel them to groups that hate your Second Amendment right to bear arms. Your tax dollars are funding things that oppose you. There's no It is indefensible, and that's why it's the big story in the press box. It is indefensible. Forty one minutes after we come back a you can't make this up story, the heretic himself, the Pope, this is insane. Pope blast Trump administration over mass deportation plan directs Ire Advance's religious defense for policies. What is built on the basis of force and not on the truth about the equal dignity of every human being begins badly and will end badly. Pope Francis, you want to open up your gates, buddy, how about we send the migrants there. Since you feel so strongly, we'll send them to you, no problem. You have a sovereign land. He's a heretic, just as all right. And if you're offended by that, you don't know scripture, and I'm sorry for you. You're being led by a man who insists on people kissing his hand, who's a heretic, and I pray he spends a little time reading scripture instead of telling us how we ought to think and believe, as opposed to Just read the book, sir, just read it. And if you believe so strongly that we're doing the wrong thing by saying that only people that legally want to come in this country may, then you clearly have no problem with people breaking into the Vatican. And if you do, you're a hypocrite. And clearly you are willing to take these people in, So go ahead do it. Last time I checked, that's not what the Vatican does. The Vatican doesn't just say come on, anybody that doesn't have a home, come here. Do as I say, not as I do mmm. It's the leftist recipe for disaster and hypocrisy. Remember I said I had a story here. You cannot make it up. That was not it. It's this, you know, that Chinese spy balloon we shot down over the coast of Carolina. We let Biden let it come across the whole country. China said it weather balloon. It weather balloon, just looking over a weather What like you care about the weather of the United States. Your satellites can tell what the weather is. That's a lie. It was not about weather. It was a spy balloon. Of course it was. And Joe Biden obliged because he owes you literally you've been paying him when he was vice president millions. Well, we shot it down. And how about that the recovered balloon was not a weather balloon. It was a spy balloon. But here's the part that you've got to be kidding me, And I wrote in my notes, you cannot make it up. It had technology from at least five American companies on it. Now I'm not going to name the companies because I won't blame them. They put their products up for sale, people buy them. I'm just saying, Oh, the irony five US companies technology used in a spice sidellite that was spying on us forty six minutes after the hour. Oh more to come on the morning with President Scott, Doctor Bob McClure on the runway getting ready. You're joining us in the third hour from the James Madison Institute Florida session. Is the acrimony in the rearview mirror. They're all trying to make like it's no big deal. I think it was kind of a big deal. But we'll talk to Bob McClure get his thoughts. He's been following the Florida legislature for a long time. He's the president of the James Madison Institute, based in Florida's capital City. I did not see the halftime show. I wasn't interested in the halftime show of the Super Bowl. It just was not I generally don't watch the halftime show. It's just the game is at a time when it doesn't know it just doesn't fit my work schedule. I can watch a quarter of it maybe, and then I'm in bed now. I will tell you in total transparency, if the Green Bay Packers are playing in the Super Bowl, I'm watching it, and I will not work the next day. Just that's I will take the day off. That's just the way it would be. But the halftime show just you know, doesn't hold any interest to me. But apparently during this halftime show, a protester found his way into the into the performance. Now here's what's interesting. Either either the person that was in the show, he was a performer, decided he wanted to be a protester as well, or he had access to know what people were going to be wearing, someone tipped him off or whatever, and so he just kind of found his way in and mixed in with the performers. And in the midst of one of the final songs that the halftime performer, Kendrick Lamar He's a rapper, is doing, he rolls out this flag, a Palestinian Sudanese flag, and so he's protesting for the Palestinians and the Sudanese. All right, Sudan and Gaza were written in white sections of the flag, along with a heart and a solidarity fist. So they wrestle him, grab him, escort him off. Super Bowl said that he will not be allowed in an NFL stadium for the rest of his life. Don't know how they're going to enforce that, but whatever, that's fine. I just interesting little sidebar. And look the fact that Kendrick Lamar is the first rapper to be the headliner of a halftime show. Okay, that's fine. I would imagine I don't know his music, so this be wrong, but I would imagine he had to figure out a way to do the G version of his music. Most contemporary rappers, most not all, are remarkably vulgar and profane, and I guess the only saving grace and all of that is usually I have no idea what they're saying. I don't have a clue. I mean, I checked out a little bit of his halftime show on tape and watch the you know the videos. I grabbed a couple of YouTube clips just to check it out. I mean, he won five Grammys earlier in the week, so you know, he's got some game, I guess in terms of within the industry. But again, it's just it's not in my world. I like rap music. I just like that that rare rap music that's actually without profanity. I think it takes a remarkable amount of skill to do rap and and also to do it without dropping in words and profanities left and right. And that's another thing that's always been ironic to me is that in that culture, dropping the end bomb is is not a big deal, but yet it is for anybody else to say it, Oh whatever, okay, But I I just I would just ask this, if the super Bowl is gonna do this again, based on what the little bit that I watched, given that, I would say that a percentage. How big that percentage is, I don't know. Of the audience doesn't listen to rap music, Maybe subtitles. Maybe put subtitles so we know what in the world he's rapping. Because as I listen to it, and I'm not I'm not that curmudgeon that hates all contemporary music. I'm good with it. That's awesome, It's fine. I prefer Christian music and praise and worship and all that. But still I'm okay with different styles of music. In fact, I'm a fan of different styles of music. But subtitles, Man, let me know what he's saying, because deck, Hey, what what are you saying? I don't know. Help me, help a brother out. We got back, got to come back to the programming. Here a Third Hour Coming up next, Doctor Bob McLure standing by with the James Madison Institute. Stick around, it's the Morning Show. It's the third hour, Good Morning Show with Preston Scott. Great to be with you. That's Ose over there at Studio one AM. Here in Studio one B and joining us, doctor Bob McClure, president of the James Madison Institute. Hello, my friend, how are you, sir? I'm great, Thanks for having me. I look forward to these visits all the time. As you're watching the last twenty plus days, what's your reaction to what we're seeing government, everything from the executive orders to doge at the.
Speaker 2: Federal level or at the state level. Federal level, Donald Trump's doing exactly what he said he was going to do.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Believe people when they tell you right. That's a term people use all the time. He's doing exactly what he said he was going to do. And the American people see it, and they realize it. In the und they understand it. What I find fascinating is that the Democratic Party got their hat handed to.
Speaker 1: Them on November fifth.
Speaker 2: Across the board, Donald Trump moved every single state, all fifty states moved more conservatively, meaning he won more votes than he did in twenty twenty all fifty states. He won the popular vote, which I thought was a critical, critical component to his mandate. And we still don't know three months later, we still don't know what the Democratic Party at the national level is four.
Speaker 1: What are they for?
Speaker 2: Who are they helping? Who do they want to work for? Is it the American people? Is it the common man or woman? Is it the forgotten man or woman?
Speaker 1: Who are you for? And what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Donald Trump's very clear He's going to lower the tax, lower our at taxes, reduced regulations, close the border, and have a strong military. Right, not more wars, but a strong military is pretty simple. There's a whole bunch of other stuff he's doing.
Speaker 3: We know what he's for.
Speaker 2: We don't know what the Democratic Party's for. All they're doing is fighting Donald Trump. And now they're setting up a snitch line and they're setting up a combat committee, a war room to combat Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: But what are you for?
Speaker 2: And so the American people are saying, I mean, I like this guy. This is guy's common sense. He's just common sense. So I would argue the Democratic Party is really on a really challenging precipice. Now we could talk about why they won't say what they're for. I have a theory that most reasonable Democrats are afraid of their left wing base, and they are afraid of being primaried. I would argue Chuck Schuber a little bit.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: I think Chuck Schumer in a normal day, in a normal during a normal time, can negotiate and work with He's proven that in many, many, you know, past years. It was the old Joe Biden, Right, Joe Biden used to be, if nothing else, pragmatic.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying they're virtuous, but I don't worried what politician is. But they are at least pragmatic. Okay, there's a difference between pragmatism and principle, right, and so, but Chuck Schumer is afraid of his left wing base. He's afraid of being primaried by an AOC or a Letitia James.
Speaker 1: Or someone like that.
Speaker 2: And so are these House members, so are senators all across the country, other senators. They can't run from their left wing base, so they play to that base, which is a very tiny echo chamber. And then they want they can't win generals. That's I mean, look at what Kamala ran on. She ran on climate change, abortion and being from a middle class family, and I don't know what else. Okay, she ran on the issues that she cared about, not the issues the American people cared about. And so the Democratic parties on a real precipice here at the national.
Speaker 1: Level, Doctor Bob McClure with us, we're going to take a quick break. When we come back, we're going to pick up there. I talk a little bit more about I want to get his thoughts on Doge do Oge Doge. We're going to talk about that, but we're going to pivot then and get focused on what's going on here in Florida because the legislative session is coming like a freight train and it has announced its presence early. We'll get to that as well, Doctor Bob McClure, the James Madison Institute. My guest, it's the Morning Show with Preston Scott. All right, eleven passed the hour, Doctor Bob McClure. I mentioned, We've been talking about it all morning. It's the big story, the amount of money that has been found by Doge. I've maintained it required somebody outside of Washington, outside the Beltway to come in and find it. And that's what we're seeing. What are your thoughts though of the unelected Elon Musk. I mean, he's not personally closing anything down. All they can do is say, here's what I've found, right, right.
Speaker 2: He's an auditor. I mean, that's all he's doing. He's auditing the books of the federal government. That's all he's doing. And then he's advising Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: I mean, in theory, Bob, don't all of us in theory, wouldn't we all have a right to look at the books?
Speaker 2: Of course, of course we should. That's what we've been taught. How how for how many years, for my entire life, Preston, we've talked about, Oh, we're gonna get rid of waste for audited abuse. Right, We've been saying that since Reagan Carter, the days. I mean, come on, and so Elon goes in and he's auditing the books, okay, and we're finding out where all of this garbage is going in terms of the they're just lighting money on fire and the what what what is fascinating. What we've learned is that the money goes to in many, many, many ways, the left wing organizations who then launder it back to the federal government in the form of media, whether it's Politico or The Hill, or in forms of UH contributions to Democratic Party candidates or talking points, or organizations who hate US right supposed foundations right, and then money going across the world. Yeah, this is simply we're just getting started and we're finding out how much real waste, fraud and abuse there is. I mean when they say he's oh, he's unelected, he doesn't have a role, he's an advisor. Who do you think was running the country the last four years? Advisors? It wasn't Joe Biden. He didn't know where he was half the time. And I'm not being sarcastic, he literally did not know where he was. Advisors had been running the country the last four years. FDR during World War Two had a kitchen cabinet to advise him. They were not elected there. It was a kitchen cabinet to advise him during the war. Reagan had a kitchen cabinet during the Cold War. This is nothing new. Elon Musk just happens to be very visible, incredibly smart, and he's turning over rocks. So you're telling me that if you don't like Elon and notice what they say or what they don't ever say. They never talk about what he finds. Right to him, is nothing about what he finds. It's the same thing with Donald Trump. It's never about what he's doing. It's a constitutional crisis. That was the term of the day yesterday. Where's the constitutional crisis? We're auditing the federal government.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 2: We're finding out where they're lighting money on your money and my money and your listeners' money on fire. Right, So that's what they're doing. There's no constitutional crisis. We've seen this kind of role played for numerous presidents outside of the traditional cabinet picks that are that are you know, signed off on by the US Senate Da da da Da da da. Who Who who are the advisors running the country the last four years?
Speaker 1: We still don't know. Right, let's pivot and go back to something you said in the opening segment. You talked about they aren't for anything, and this seems to be something that is going to bite Democrats in the d of Florida. They re elected Nicki Freed as their chair, and what are they doing.
Speaker 2: You've heard me say on this show a lot that good policy is good politics. Okay, when you and we just saw it rit large in the most recent election. In other words, Donald Trump said over and over and over, here are my policies, and he got elected good politics. Ron DeSantis said over and over and over what he was going to do, and he did it. And he went from eking out a thirty thousand vote win over Andrew Gilliam to winning his second term. He won Florida by more votes than Gavin Newsom won the state of California. Good policy is good politics. The Democrats in the state of Florida have no policy. We don't know what they're for. They were for weed, I mean, I guess right. I mean that was kind of Nicky Freed's thing, and DeSantis shut that down. They were for abortion. Okay, Maybe what about lowering the costs of daily living? What about making Floridians lives easier? What about health care? Reducing the cost of health care in the state of Florida for our elder population. There are a lot of things The Democratic Party could be four, but we don't know what they're for. We know what Governor DeSantis was for is for We know and most people don't know. Outside the four blocks of tallahassee the names of the legislators. They know they're old legislator, but nobody else. But at least we knew what they were for, what they were doing. Yeah, and we could, you know, we could list the ten things they did, most recently universal school choice, which is critical. The Democratic Party in Florida has the same problem that the National Democratic Party has. We don't know what they are going to do for me. And when I say me, I mean that in air quotes me the voter.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we're going to go right there to the legislative session and what's next here in the Sunshine State. Here with doctor Bob McLure, the James Madison Institute and my guest on the Morning Show with Preston Scott. Time flies when you have great guests, and we are thrilled to have doctor Bob McClure with us. With JMI affectionately known as JMI, the James Madison Institute, I think tank and really focused on Florida, but you are certainly well versed on all things national right, and we appreciate the perspective. I'm just going to kind of turn you loose here. Your thoughts on the way that the special sessions unfolded and what you think the heavy lifting has to be for the regular session.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the governor had some very clear ideas about what he wanted to do on immigration in the special session. I think legislative leadership kind of said, hold on, we are a co equal branch. Unfortunate that played out in public and that it couldn't get those conversations couldn't be resolved in private, and then they go to a special session to get things done. The Republican Party owns everything in the state. They have supermajorities in legislatures. They have both US senators, they have all the cabinet officers. You have a Democratic Party that is kind of dying on the vine in the state to state. Donald Trump won Florida in twenty sixteen by one hundred thousand votes over Hillary Clinton, just barely beat her. Twenty twenty, he wins by about three or four hundred thousand. Twenty twenty four, he wins by a million and a half votes. The Hispanic community African American men Miami Dade County, I mean, whatever metric you want to use, Florida is moving deep red. But with that preston, as you know, is that old biblical adage iron sharpens iron, and the Republican Party doesn't have anything to sharpen it right right, There's no competition at the moment, So they need to be careful. They need to stay focused on their principles. They need to get these things done for Floridians in the state and continue to move forward in that way, working out disagreements, not in a public spinning match, but in a more kosher kind of way.
Speaker 1: What do you expect has to happen? I mean, we know the budget. Yeah, it's a constitutional mandate. But for people listening right now, their everyday life, what has to happen in this session? Is it insurance? I think it's a couple of things. Yeah, I think it's auto insurance. It's insurance for sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you saw the demographic that the government, I mean, the infographic that the governor put out last week, insurance rates are either holding steady or increasing at the lowest rate in I don't know how many years, twenty twenty five years. So the reforms are working Okay, saying hold on the reforms are going to work as not very good political policy, but they have to hold the line on the reforms.
Speaker 1: They have to enact some more reforms.
Speaker 2: On auto insurance, they have to beat back the trial bar, which is going to continue to come after the legislature, So insurance, property insurance, auto insurance, and then affordable housing. Okay, and I've talked about this a little bit on this show before. There's a difference between affordable housing, which is on what the city of Tallahassee wants built, and building housing that is affordable. Affordable housing to democrats and to the left is build cheap, lose money, and we'll put people in there. That's affordable housing to a lot of people. But building housing, if you even get that definition right, But building housing that is affordable is decrease weight times, allow permits, decrease regulations, and allow builders to build, you know, tinker with lot size, those kinds of things. Allow them who make money, they will build housing that people can afford its supply and demand. But it's almost always that government gets in the way of builders and construction folks who want to build housing that is affordable. So that's going to be another issue that they're gonna have to do with, and of course they always.
Speaker 1: Have to do the budget. Do you expect the acrimonies in the rearview mirror.
Speaker 2: You know, we talked about this off air. If there's an iceberg in the ocean, right the old adage, you see ten percent of the iceberg sticking out of the ocean, and ninety percent of the iceberg is underneath the water. We'll see what happens. There's a lot of jockeying over the next two years, with so much up in the air in terms of the governor's race and a newly appointed US Senator and cabinet offices and appointments and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Just think of the iceberg analogy. Just think of the next time we meet, the sausage will be in the process of being made. Yes, it will good to see you. Thanks for having me, My friend doctor Bob McClure with the James Madison Institute, my guest j am I in the Morning Show with Preston Scott. Dude is so smart, doctor Bob McClure. His political acumen is just so good. Yeah, he you know, he correctly predicted that Trump was going to win the national popular vote. I think he was the only one I knew that was saying it. Maybe others thought it. I'd hoped it, but I certainly eh. And I just remember years ago election night where he was just picking on things that he knew, the numbers, he knew the breakdown of certain counties and spots inside Florida and where they were going to go and what this meant. And yeah, love having him on. Appreciate the relationship with the James Madison Institute and what they do. It's founding. If you don't know anything about JMI, Yeah, to just look it up because it's it's just well, as they like to say, in the South and in the Heartland, it's America. James Madison Institute, It's America. So that's about. It's America. Now this morning, we have been focused on one one big story and it's and it's Doge. It is the amount of money that they are uncovering, the amount of waste that they are finding money going from USAI D two for example, every Town for Gun Safety Giffords. These are anti Second Amendment groups. They hate you owning a gun. They want you to not have a gun. And to be not not to just they want it taken from you. They're so remarkably wrong. And yeah, I guess they can have the opinion. That's fine, whatever, because you know a lot of people are wrong about stuff, even occasionally me. But but the problem here is that those just finding that they're they're feeding this money through middlemen, so it's it's sort of almost dark money, and the dark money is yours, it's your money. It'd be one thing if you wanted to pick up your checkbook and stroke a check to every town USA which hates guns, every town for gun safety, I should say that's what it's called. You know what, if you want to stroke that check, by golly, go ahead and do it. But when they take our collective tax dollars and give it to causes that are anti US constitution, I would hope that even those of you that might agree with the cause are offended that your tax dollars go to things like that they just shouldn't. And that's tip of the iceberg stuff. Doctor McClure is talking about the ninety and the ten's that's the ten percent. That's what we're saying. We're not even finding it all yet. It's this is two three weeks in and I and I go back to I told you this was going to be difficult. It was gonna be messy. Fifty billion dollars billion with a B sent annually through Social Security to people without Social Security numbers. W we have to demand the Congress stop this. We just do. We have to support the efforts well. An unelected person, an unelected person can be the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Did you know that they're our books. That's what I want you to get in your mind. You need to If you are very uncomfortable with Elon Musk, that's fine. If you don't like, that's fine. I don't care. I really don't care, Margaret. What I can tell you, though, is this, you need to get in your mind that the books of the United States government, the financial ledgers, our ours. They're our books. And whoever our elected president appoints to look at the books and to audit them, as doctor McClure said, they are doing that to keep us from having to they're us. These audits are for us. They're our books. It's our money. You must get that fully understood. You do not have the luxury of saying they got no time for that. You darn well better. You better make this a priority. And that's why the big stories in the press box are things you're talking about, things you will be talking about, and the biggest category of all the things you should be talking about that you should be aware of. This is it forty one minutes past the hour speaking of Elon Musk. Oh, you've got to hear what's coming from I'm already laughing. This is going to be an epic moment here on this radio program. This is blue Humor without profanity, and its courtesy of Elon Musk via CNN. Let me explain, Elon. Elon Musk has absolutely no reservations about just poking the bear, none trolling. He just he just doesn't care. And that's what wealth can afford you. Wealth can afford you the I don't care what anybody thinks attitude. Now, certainly principle does too. You can be wealthy in principle, in virtue and morality and have kind of the similar type of placement where hey, whatever, but and I'm I'm gonna play this, but I'm gonna warn you parents, though there is no profanity at all, you you will have to perhaps explain this to children if you choose to. And and this is this is almost frat boy stuff. That's where we're going here, and I've saved it to this. This is very intentionally placed at this moment of the show. Courtesy of town Hall. You can't make this up. CNN's Data Bash, in a very somber and serious tone, reports that Elon Musk has adopted an alias on X on Twitter. This was news. This was news on CNN And I'll let Dana take it from there now.
Speaker 4: The disruptor in Chief, Elon Musk, who apparently has adopted the alias at least he changed his social media handle to Harry Balls, tweeted this morning, democracy in America is being destroyed by judicial coup.
Speaker 1: H A R R Y.
Speaker 3: P oh.
Speaker 1: With a little line over it. I don't know what it's called, l Z. Let's just marvel at this one more time.
Speaker 4: Who apparently has adopted the alias. At least he changed his social media handle to Harry Balls.
Speaker 1: He tweets out the clip and must says made them say my name with the laughing till you cry emoji sideways.
Speaker 5: They're so obsessed with you know, doctor mclaurr said, they don't ever talk about the waist. They're talking about Elon Musk, they're talking about Harry Balls, They're not talking about the waist. It was brilliant, next level trolling at its finest.
Speaker 1: It's forty seven minutes after the hour. That segment reminded me. Dana Bash reading that story reminded me of the movie with Anchorman, The Legend of Ron Burgundy, where he would read anything on a teleprompter, no, no ability to kind of go I shouldn't say that. I just I mean when they went to commercial break, did anybody just kind of giggle on the set? Did Dana Bash laugh? Did she got that's pretty funny? No, No, they were just they didn't get the joke was on them. He almost posts this changes his name, and his back there going okay, which network's gonna say it first?
Speaker 4: Come on?
Speaker 1: All the TV's recording, all the DVRs recording, and he's watching all of them. He's gonna be first, Who's gonna be first? Who's gonna be first? And then he hears Dana Bash, she said my name. It's like little kids making rank phone calls.
Speaker 6: Did you're a refrigerator running will you better get out there and catch it anyway?
Speaker 1: Tomorrow on the show, doctor David Hart's scheduled to join us. We'll give you a road trip idea unless it gets look those that's one of those segments that could be moved. It's just if something happens, it gets moved. Steve Stewart will join us and actor Kirk Cameron Panama City. He's coming to Panama City. He's bringing his kind of family's tour to Panama City in March, I believe. And so we've got a visit with Kirk Cameron set for tomorrow that we will share with you. Actor Growing Pains, made documentaries, made some films. Good guy, really really good guy. And I don't know how he has prevented him. He's like Dick Clark, he just hasn't aged. And guys that are like that are just like, yeah whatever. So that is tomorrow on the program brought to you by Barono Heating and Air. It's the Morning Show one on WFLA. Don't Forget Today. The Power Forward Speakers series is at three point thirty at Ruby Diamond Auditorium on the campus of FSU. There are some tickets, There are very few tickets available tickets dot FSU, dot edusatcast fourteen years with OpenAI as a strategist. Now he's a futurist. He does his own consulting. He spoke at Davos at the World Economic Forum talking about the future of AI. And this is for business owners, business managers, entrepreneurs. A little future casting. I think you'll enjoy it. Presented by our friends at the First Commerce Credit Union and the Florida State University Office of Economic Development.
Speaker 3: Up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just good stuff today. We started the program with one Corinthians thirteen versus six and seven. That's where we went. Big story in the press box, doge. That is it. That is the story. It is the story of stories. Keep finding waste and support the effort. Friends talked about the Chinese by balloon. We now know two years later it was equipped with technology from at least five US companies, not saying they did anything wrong. Costco is still in trouble. Wokeness is going to be its downfall and downfall meaning profits and so forth. It's going to show up eventually. Eggs still a problem. Expensive pennies cost nearly forced sense to produce, so President Trump saying stop producing them. We're losing money. Huh. How about that more cost savings. We'll do it again tomorrow. Friends, have an awesome day.