Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rovera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty powered by Nova Insurance Services in sure your most prized possessionets.
Speaker 2: The good afternoon. Everybody.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Friday Show here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera and today is my Friday guy, Tim Bentley. Hello, you get the crew in at Henry got that. Everybody's in town today, you guys, thanks for coming.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: They were early today. They were outside early for class.
Speaker 5: They had their homework done, they checked out, get a fact checked out. I'm gonna, I'm gonna. They got up early, they had breakfast. These college kids. It's I don't I didn't recognize them early.
Speaker 3: Nothing else to do but show up to the Really, I'm always run a little late. Gotta get gas up in the foothills up or Hey, everybody, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: Should be a pretty good show. I'll screw it up.
Speaker 3: We have at the three seventeen hour have mister Aaron Crowley, the tournament director of the Color Guard Classic. That should be fun. We had a little golf talk yesterday. Uh did you hear Judy McDermott.
Speaker 5: You probably know I know Judy sure, that's that's she's a she's an icon. Yeah, she is golf icon right here in Tucson.
Speaker 2: She ran a lot of the stuff at the Conquista doors totally kept them under wraps, kept them straight straight.
Speaker 5: Which is a great way to hit a golf shop by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very true. Hey, uh, let the clever people be clever.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 3: And then in the second hour We're going to have a show, Gardner talked more about Saturday's game up in Tempe. She covers the the the Devils for the Arizona Republic. So we'll talk to her more about what's going on. We have Tommy Lloyd on today with the press conference. Henry, you were there, what'd you notice?
Speaker 2: What you see? What you hear?
Speaker 6: He kind of made the sonon thing. He kind of put it to the side, saying, yeah, well the think about it. The media asked, Yeah, he doesn't tried to specialize that, but he kind of brushed it aside, acting like nothing.
Speaker 2: But it it's.
Speaker 3: Like when people talk about stuff they see on the internet. Says, well, he talked about he he would have talked about nothing had the media that asked him, right, And that was kind of the central theme. Yeah, yeah, because obviously he the kid was recruited here, committed here, and decided to leave here because Caleb Caleb. Caleb came back, right and he was a star up there for a while and then he got hurt. Yeah he's back now though his ankle. He I guess he hurt his ankle. Yeah, yeah, and he's their stud. He's been pretty good up until the ankle, and then he's coming back now.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: You know, there's not the media is always looking for that storyline every day.
Speaker 5: It's this relentless machine. So they got to have a story. They got what are we talking about today?
Speaker 4: Boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: Right right, So that was the key.
Speaker 3: I will see if he he he needs to be more for them than anything, because they don't have much because a lot of other guys are hurt. Right, He didn't. He's sweaty, he said right away. Because you can see how Tommy answers questions right like kind of sarcasm, but not really.
Speaker 6: He was basically just saying his camp kind of gave him. They told Tommy that if Caleb came back that he wasn't was most likely to.
Speaker 3: Lead right right, and how is he preparing for that team? Like everybody's healthy exact. Yeah, I don't care if anybody says hurt. I'm gonna I'm gonna practice like their healthy. I think they left this after the press conference.
Speaker 7: Right left, like an hour ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they drove up and ready for tomorrow's morning. Tomorrow mornings game.
Speaker 5: You have to prepare like that's the full full board team. I mean, because that's when you catch they'll catch anawares and boom.
Speaker 3: What are the first questions? I think was a concern I had had this game. Guy's been on Wednesday, Wednesday after the big game on Monday, right, would their attitude be different? Because you know, you're still that high and you get up in the morning and go to class on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: If that's what they do, you know who.
Speaker 5: These are college kids. They go to college. Look at the kids. They showed up early to the radio station. That's what the basketball team does. They got to the class early the next day, or if.
Speaker 3: They're in the apartment, you know, counting, that's five, that's a ten, that's a twenty, that's a Benjamin uh that that that that two day turnaroud would have been tough because of the emotional high from Monday night. You know, the worst thing that happened is Tim, you're the greatest guy.
Speaker 2: What a shot?
Speaker 3: You know, you played well, you know Aguaca, you pulled it down game and then two days later I have to play again and says.
Speaker 2: I don't need to show up because everyone's telling me I'm great.
Speaker 4: Well, let me ask you this. I would coach with Tommy Lloyd.
Speaker 5: I think he would have cherished or wanted that Wednesday game because when you get to the tournament, you're gonna have all You're gonna have these roller coasters of highs and lows, so you kind of want to have it up and then come back and right away and then refocus. So maybe he wants that, or maybe he would have cherished it.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: He answered that question right, Henry.
Speaker 3: I mean they asked him right away about how would you handle the two day thing?
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, and what do you say? We'll never know?
Speaker 3: We never know, and it doesn't really matter now. I agree, though, I've seen it a number of times where you're you're up on this high and your poop doesn't stink, and all of a sudden you get hammered the next game.
Speaker 2: No matter who it is.
Speaker 5: You got to play two games over four days, two weekends in a row. So yeah, you gotta be you gotta be ready to man up.
Speaker 2: Each day and each day.
Speaker 3: No, no, it doesn't matter if it's two days, one day or whatever day. You know, those those games in the Bahamas were back to back to back. The tournament games are one game, rest and come back.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: And you know what, Matt, you used to play ball. Don't you think that were you handled by media much? Probably not right that much. Yeah, no, but there's there's there people that cover that. They make stories into nothing pretty much, you know, because the overthink things, and we do it for reasons. We have to ask the questions, right, whether we know the answers or not.
Speaker 5: Right, they're putting, they're pulling that thread. I want to see if they can get a story out of it, right, right, you know? Yeah, you know you probably have. You probably have so many unwritten stories in your head. Oh sure you know that you went down the road. Well, this is going to be a story and then it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Well here's the question. Here's here's another question. So my question to Tommy after that game and I hate to revisit that question that game so much, but I asked him, so, how did you what were you thinking when the ball went in? And he came up with the no woop the answer you know, it's you know, with the with they asked word, and today that same question was asked Henry right. He just kind of casually said, well, you know, you just kind of think and you're excited. He didn't say that, but well, that's not the real answer, but it's four days later.
Speaker 4: What are you going to say right now?
Speaker 5: It's like he's looking at he's got his he's got his guys looking to tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Well, if they don't win this, well guess what money means not a damn thing.
Speaker 5: Well, it means you're you're you're you're third in the Big twelve and you you you've blown your win streak, right.
Speaker 3: And you see one step up, one step back. You know that game doesn't mean much if you don't win tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Right now, it's cliche.
Speaker 5: I know, I know that it's cliche one game at a time, but I think that's at this point they're trying to win February March. You know who cares about November, December, January's bind you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, so we'll see what happens. And then Henry kind of just just nondescript, kind of just talked.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean the questions they were pretty quick too, because the questions, you know, what are you gonna ask Henry?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 6: I mean that was like the first pre conference I went too. So I don't know if he's done a lot of the press conference.
Speaker 2: And he's good.
Speaker 3: He's good, except that there are a lot of general questions right right right, because you know what you can ask him. You know, he had been playing not so well that he really well, and then now he's kind of found a little funk. I guess he's got to got to get out of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we'll see what happens. But it should be a pretty good game tomorrow. You know, in years past him and you know this, the crowd has been more sixty to forty Arizona in favor.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow, I don't know, because you know, this team is still trying to feel the embrace of the crowd, of the fan.
Speaker 5: Phoenix has a big, huge, you have a population. I mean you can follow him on Facebook and Twitter and see all that. They may show up.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the ticket sales are at THEE.
Speaker 2: And it's an early game, so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 8: Matt.
Speaker 3: Matt went to his first game, uh last week Colorado. So what was your What was your EVA?
Speaker 9: Yeah, like I said, seven out of ten and it was only a seven because I got the tickets free.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean, Matt, you've been in college for four or five years and your first.
Speaker 2: I was I was expecting more.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I was expecting Okay, okay, on what level? At least?
Speaker 7: I got like eight?
Speaker 9: You know, like no, no, no, but more more. I don't excitement, I guess I don't know. I just and then level of play, it was just I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just imagine, no, no, no, your your evaluation. I think it's spot on with people who who go and just watch the game. It wasn't exciting from the crowd, right. Imagine going to about fifteen of those games because the Arizona fans and Henry, you've gone to most of them, right except for that one because you got your ticket? What Henry sees and you see are probably the same things, except for you didn't go to Monday's game, right, right, and Henry did.
Speaker 2: So it's what would you rate that out.
Speaker 7: Of the ten Monday's game? Like a nine and a half?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was no question, no question, and whatever that half is for ten, I don't know, but close.
Speaker 2: Because it still wasn't full.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was sold out.
Speaker 2: It was sold out, but it wasn't full.
Speaker 3: Colorado game was sold out, yeah, but it wasn't full. It was even a lot, a lot less than than the Iowa State game. Welcome to Tuside. So so your four years, so your four years, that's what you would have gotten the last four years, right, Uh? Probably you got this expectation and it never really lives up.
Speaker 9: To it because I went with my roommate and that was his first game too, been here longer than but he was.
Speaker 10: I was.
Speaker 9: We're talking and we're saying like, because we've been to a lot of football, we're saying, yeah, exciting.
Speaker 2: And you still hold that yeah, yeah, even though is more of a basket sure, sure, but.
Speaker 3: The only time, or I shouldn't say the only time. And I'm not going to be an advocate for U of A or otherwise. It's really rocking is when they have the dukes. When I always state Houston, Houston in a couple of weeks, right, you know what I'm saying, it's great to go, but don't have those expectations.
Speaker 2: Next time you go.
Speaker 3: Guess what, You're gonna have the seven out of ten expectations because that's what you that's what you saw.
Speaker 2: And let me too.
Speaker 3: Do they see that more than the tens out of ten? Why do you think that is spoiled? Yeah, we're on a forty year run, dude. I mean it's like people have expectations. They are living in the past. Yeah, they're living in the past. I mean they want the blind refs to come out and on the right.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they want their old stuff.
Speaker 5: And so now you're jaded, you know, if you're not you know, crushing national powers, they're just like okay.
Speaker 2: And it's human nature.
Speaker 3: I think I get it all the time in text for people when I'm at the game, this is house the crowd. Are you are you up for the game? They're playing East Tennessee. How are you gonna get up for that?
Speaker 2: And why would you?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 5: And everybody with season tickets, probably has given their ticket away to the East Tennessee State.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, that was that was your game.
Speaker 4: That was Colorado. Thanks a lot, Henry.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, dude, that's what it is because their new fans of aren't used to the atmosphere. Yeah, did you kind of go to your buddy and say this is I shaved my legs for this?
Speaker 5: Did you leave early? Did you stay for the whole thing? You got to stay for the whole thing, but come on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you you caught what everybody else catches for ten, twelve games, fifteen games of the year.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 3: And then then Monday's game shows up and oh man, where is this? Un Well, you're playing a number three team in the country and you're on the ropes.
Speaker 2: You should have lost? Should they have lost that? Henry?
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: Like I asked, both you guys or three you guys? Were the chances of them winning with five seconds left?
Speaker 4: Well, I think ESPN said, like, I think I think it was one. I mean they were down by.
Speaker 7: Two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because everything had to happen the way it happened, miss free throw, miss free throw.
Speaker 6: And if he missed the second free throw, then they probably would have lost because they wouldn't have had time to inbound it.
Speaker 3: Right if he missed, right, And that was an option they could have done, you know, throwing it off.
Speaker 7: They would have had to take him like a full court.
Speaker 3: They'd have to rebound it. Yeah, but they waste time that and you're exactly right. Yeah, yeah, So no one asked him about that because you could either foul the dude or miss the free throw, exactly yeah, and they chose neither.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, they were talking about kind of with Henry a little bit how the play was meant for him at the end, right, and then he didn't want to go into too much detail about the actual play.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, right, Okay again in the first hour, let's go to break now. I think we have a four minute break here and we're going to talk to Aaron Crowley for the upcoming golf tournament at the Lepolo.
Speaker 12: Now your chance to win one thousand dominants just enter this nation wide keyword on our website. Pay that's pay enter Fox Sports fourteen dot com.
Speaker 13: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement from the latest slots and table games, to award winning dining, to world class entertainment, to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 14: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 13: Discover with Soul Casino Del Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 7: Are you ready enterprise of Fasca Yuki Try.
Speaker 15: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for Monday to Go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 3: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the Radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. At five two zero or zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 2: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 16: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 10: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading it and exercise equipment On twenty second just west of will Not.
Speaker 17: Let's start twenty twenty five off with a bang by honoring those who did a bang up job for you in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 14: Recognize your employees.
Speaker 17: Salespeople, managers and agents with the Creative Award from Creative Awards. It's time to restock your promotional products and convention giveaway items.
Speaker 14: And Creative Awards.
Speaker 17: Has over five hundred thousand products to choose from.
Speaker 14: Don't forget your corporate apparel.
Speaker 17: For a great sharp look in twenty twenty five, visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight Wes Drackman. Visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 18: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or call five to two oh six eight five six two six today in MLS three oh eight seven arizon A b K nine two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity, got to commitment to Lyndrix Syncredit, greates and available loan programs or subject to change.
Speaker 2: Don't notice did you know?
Speaker 16: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection, showtime cards is your ultimate destination as one of the leading card shops in the country. We've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports cards and trading card games. From rare fines to the latest releases. Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why electors everywhere Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 17: Richard Bacall Law Office, defending Arizonas for over thirty years and a Wildcat fan for over sixty. If you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Richard Baccall five two OHO seven to four to ZHO twelve thirteen. Broud sponsor of Iye on the Ball.
Speaker 19: Go cats, got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist tests can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents. Serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azypest dot com to schedule your free evaluation. Today, baseball fans, it's time to experience the thrill of the game like never before. The World Baseball Classic Qualifier is coming to Tucson, Arizona, and you don't want to miss this incredible event. For four action pack days, the world's best teams will compete for their spot in the Global Championship. The games are set for March second, third, fourth, and sixth. Each day features two games at eleven am and six pm, with the finale on March sixth at six pm. Join us at Keno Veterans Memorial Baseball Stadium, located at the Kenosports Complex in Tucson. It's the perfect venue to watch a league baseball talent from around the globe feel the excitement is powerhouse team from Germany, Brazil, China, and Columbia take the field. Whether you're a lifelong fan or just looking for an unforgetable day out, the World Baseball Classic Qualifier is an event for everyone in southern Arizona. Bring your friends, your family, and your love for the game to Tucson this March. Tickets are selling fast, so don't wait. Visit World Baseball Classic dot com or SASTFA dot com. That's SASFA dot com to secure your seats today. This message is brought to you by the Southern Arizona Sports Tourism and Film Authority.
Speaker 15: The Window Depot wants to help bring your dream kitchen to life. As a family owned and operated business, we pride ourselves on offering the best prices, the biggest inventory, an exceptional customer service you won't find.
Speaker 14: At the big box stores.
Speaker 15: From premium cabinets to stunning courts and granite countertops, faucets, hardware and sinks, our designers are here to guide homeowners every step of the way, all under one roof. Find a location near you. Our shop online at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a Windows store.
Speaker 12: Streaming live on the iHeartRadio wif This is Eye on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to my I in the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Riverta, and today with me is Tim Bentley. Now on the phone is Aaron Crowley, the tournament director of the Color glor Classic. Are you doing there?
Speaker 11: Aaron, I'm doing phenomenal. How you guys are doing today?
Speaker 2: Hey? You a good fine? Thank you.
Speaker 3: Hey you did a fantastic job yesterday. It's like you've been doing this all your life.
Speaker 11: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I don't shy away from having to speak in public setting. So I actually I think I enjoyed it more than people are expecting.
Speaker 3: You're not like me, Hammama.
Speaker 5: I think the big guys a Fox called, right, they're going to bring up to the big leagues.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly right, that's what I need.
Speaker 3: And we're talking about yesterday's media day with the Color Guard Classic, which had some inspiring stories obviously, and then talking about the event itself, can you talk about some of the things why you why you do the event initially and it's because of the Call of Guard Classic.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So you know the partnership that we've had with color Guard and Exact Sciences since twenty eighteen, I think, and I had mentioned a little bit of my remarks yesterday that continuity within our community and then two organizations toy Stores and an Exact Science is color Guard aspect of it and bringing awareness to color cancer, corectal cancer awareness and opportunities in that space. I mean, I think it's kind of the perfect fit for what Color Guard is trying to accomplish globally, and really the impact on a community basis and kind of finding those two for to come together and allows for us to to showcase a phenomenal golf course some of the world's best players in a game that, in my opinion, is easy to watch in person just because you're on an outside setting a beautiful golf course, whether you're a golf fan or not. So I think it brings all sorts of walks away together.
Speaker 4: Hey, quick question, this is Tim Bentley.
Speaker 5: I was wondering if if I came out to watch the tournament, if I could find my lost golf.
Speaker 4: Balls that I've had out there for the past fourteen years out right?
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, yes, absolutely so, you know, because you know that week from the professional standpoint, you know you may end up having a few balls in addition to yours during the pro am component. You know, with the amateurs that come out, but you know most of the professionals, you know they're not going to go much more than a flitt or two off the path. So exactly, you know, you're more of the welcome to explore a little deeper, you know, being that being winter springtime, there's not going to be too many criators out there.
Speaker 5: So how do you move people around there? It's a beautiful course, is set in the foothills. How do you move people around to come out and watch? What's how do you move people around out there?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: So you know what we've done a little different than it being over at Tucson National, which was a little more older Midwest style golf course, flatter, spread out a little bit more than the current layout at La Paloma. We have found having multiple entrances, so we've got you know, current parking set up for our general admissions and more so on the clubhouse side parking in a lot that comes in the main entrance, and we've got our preferred parking that enters the golf course towards the sixteenth green and all of our hospitality is around fifteen sixteen seventeen eighteen, so in a more condensed atmosphere, and that's generally we see most of our population for tournament week itself. But we're enhancing this year a little bit different than previous years just because of feedback from fan engagement a little bit of the difficulty of being able to maneuver because specifically sixteen and eighteen there's some elevation changes, so we are implementing kind of a accessibility from a cart standpoint, So we will have some shuttling carts that will work around sixteen seventeen, eighteen and over into the driving range area which is underneath the street of Sunrise, and then you know, for I think most fans, especially to coming out for a second year. You know, if you're a fan of golf and you like walking, I think you know you're in for a journey no matter what golf course you're on. And so the accessibility of the first holes, which is a tournament ridge tournament one through nine, which is ridge one through nine if you're familiar with Flappaloma, is actually somewhat accessible from a walking standpoint. There's not a ton of elevation change, there's a few parts, but I think that if weather pending, it's beautiful out, I think we're going to have the same attendance over on the north side of our golf course this year, which we're adding some concession stands just to give people some refreshments as they're out there moving around watching the world's best play.
Speaker 5: I believe you're using all three sides, right, So that's going to help with week.
Speaker 14: Yes week yep.
Speaker 11: So currently set up, we do Ridge one through nine and they if you may notice, there's three nine hole golf courses out there, so twenty seven holes total of championship play. And we do Ridge one through nine, Canyon one through uh, I think it's one through four, and then Hill three, four and nine. So we end up doing that. I think that's eighteen holes. I hope I got my math right.
Speaker 2: Nice? How do you guys come up with that?
Speaker 11: So really what we did, and we did us in conjunction with the PGA Tour La Polhoma Country Club and then our executive committee and and quite frankly people that play golf and and and have played out there before, trying to find one the right route that that gets you going in a in a good circle direction from start to finish. Uh, and then quite frankly, being a little bit picky on on finding some of the golf holes from a competition standpoint, because there are a few ones that are fun to play as amateurs, but you know, really are a little wonky from a professional standpoint, So really trying to find the best of the best of those twenty seven holes is how we came up with that.
Speaker 4: Does the PGA do they have requirements set for these guys?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so you got to look at there's, yeah, the requirements of yardage. So T box capabilities, competition and rules are a part of that conversation to make sure that from where the pros are playing te box setup, that there's enough yardage from a from a difficulty standpoint, that also there's not too much yardage of carry. You know, there are a few holes that if you go back to the furthest T box that's available, you've got, you know, to sixty two seventy one hundred yards of carry. You throw a little wind into that, it becomes quite difficult for you know, anyone to clear that space. So that's kind of all that conversation goes in. And I don't know if you guys or this, but over at Tucson Nashville, we actually re routed that golf course as well, even though we only played one of the eight teams that are out there the Catalina course, we actually re routed how it finished to increase the excitement around how the golf course finished out, all kind of in the same area that everyone.
Speaker 2: Could see the OMNI.
Speaker 3: I remember going and watching from the military hole. I think it was the hole in one hole. Yeah, and then last year I was lucky enough to be with you guys at RBC for their place your place. That hole was fantastic too. Was just kind of a gallery type of.
Speaker 14: Feel it is.
Speaker 11: And and we're we're bringing that back again from a structure standpoint, so the military outpost and our military appreciation structure will be right next to Survival of Central and then some paid hospitality suites as well. And you know, we're fortunate to have you out last year's seed for that and that area. And Jerry Kelly mentioned it yesterday during you know, our media day about the impact of that whole and and the the the charitable function of the birdie. So coll of Guard and Exact Sciences is donating every birdy that a professional makes on that whole during tournament Friday, Saturday Sunday. They're covering the cost of a survivor to attend the golf tournament for a week. So really cool stuff happening on that whole. Just from an atmosphere, but also you know, the heartstrings being pulled on on what Color Guard does for their advocacy groups. And it's just it's such a cool event.
Speaker 2: So so let me transition from there.
Speaker 3: I had Judy mcdermidd on yesterday, uh because you guys were busy, but we talked about that. I mean I cover uh, you know OL Tour with an OL Tour and a lot of the team, a lot of the events here who are sponsored, you know, nationally or or locally. You guys get a lot of bang for your buck, at least col of Guard does, because I mean, who doesn't know it's the Call of Guard Classic, right, I mean they get a lot of name recognition from from this event, which of course every sponsor wants when they have when they have this, do you feel the same way, because you guys have done a great job with the name recognition.
Speaker 11: We we do and and and getting to you know, as as Cold of Guard has continued to find their footing, you know, as we've you know done since twenty eighteen with them, and it's been a learning experience for them along the way because it's the first golf tournament that they've ever sponsored, and if you you know the amount of money that they're spending to be affiliated with the PGA Tour Champions and having the name recognition, they put a lot of work into make sure that that you know, their message is being delivered and received and and that kind of branding is a twelve month a year focused for them, It's not just a seven day stretch. And so they've taken that to heart to make sure that you know they are getting, as you mentioned, a kind of bang for your buck on on what they're doing. And really, interestingly enough, and this has talked about a lot internally with the PGA Tour Champions and different events across the country for for the tour itself, and there's not any other one like this to where you're getting the player buy in and engagement for the cause, you know, the paired with the pro for survivors and advocates, And that happened yesterday at media they were doing a drawing for last year's champion, Joe Durant and who's going to be following him inside the ropes which is really cool. But literally every single player that is in our field is engaged in what Color Guard does and the impact it has for the survivors and caregivers and family members. So there's not another tournament like that on tour, So I think that buys even more, uh name recognition within within the PGA Tour Champions.
Speaker 5: It's probably nice that March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness month for you all leveraging.
Speaker 2: And the audience. I mean it's an older group, right.
Speaker 11: Older yep, so a wheel have the tour itself.
Speaker 7: So this is a little funny, this whole funn tidbit.
Speaker 11: But so you know now with medical research, it's it's you know, encouraged that forty five and up to early screening and the PGA Tour Champions is fifty it up. So you know that was before it was fifty and overs when you should be doing early screening. But because of the work that Color Guard's doing and the research that they put in, it's been showing that if you do it a little bit earlier again, catching this horrible disease early it is most important, you know, trying to pull on the PGA Tour Champions to say, hey, what do you say we lowered that to forty five, which would bring in heck right exactly. So that's exactly it, which would bring in a different field. But you know, no budge on that yet, so you know it's a few years back. The whole idea was, you know, when Tiger was not of age, if we dropped the age of forty five, could we entice him?
Speaker 4: So we get him on the senior tour, we make a thirty two and above.
Speaker 11: Right, that's exactly right. So how it goes now? Athletes are are deemed to be outdated by thirty.
Speaker 3: So so so let me tell you. Did you guys a favorite yesterday? So you can thank me once I tell you what I didn't play. I didn't play in the media event yesterday because I'd still be on the first hole trying to figure out what the hell to do and where to find balls, because it was just, thank you.
Speaker 4: They need people to drive the cars.
Speaker 3: Yeah I could have done that, you know, thankfully have beer with me? Yeah I should. I should have done that. When it come back on the show, is there how you doing one of the.
Speaker 11: Most interesting shows?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, maybe I should do that more often.
Speaker 4: We're not supposed to do that.
Speaker 11: Yeah wait a second, Oh sorry.
Speaker 3: So we got about a month right, How how close were up against it?
Speaker 2: Are you.
Speaker 11: We are up against it, So the time is ticking. We're a little over four weeks out from from tournament week itself and next week we are at our structure builds and so we've kind of got an idea of what our footprint is going to look like and which is exciting. This is kind of when when the juices get flown. So the last like seven or eight months have been a lot of the behind the scenes work getting to the point where we know what assets and products we want to have available and offer, and you know, kind of the feel for the tournament, the concert itself that we have that two night concert. But I mean, we are right up to it, and so now it's just working out the details because we want to make sure that from a fan standpoint, from a player standpoint, from a partnership and sponsorship standpoint, that we delivered the A plus product that we know we can and this is now just that time for us to put in put in that extra bit of work to make sure we don't leave any stone unturned.
Speaker 5: How do people get involved? How do I get to go? Or are you looking for volunteers?
Speaker 4: What do you need?
Speaker 11: We absolutely looking for volunteers. So color Guard Classic dot com is actually where you can go to purchase tickets, check out sponsorship opportunities, and also sign up for a volunteer. We are about thirty or forty short of volunteers that we're looking for, so would love to get more to come out and show up. And there's all sorts of different opportunities with the volunteer space. You know that if you want to be there for the whole week, you want to be there for a few hours on a day. We need every bit of it because without the volunteers, this tournament is nowhere near its best. So we are looking for that final push for volunteers.
Speaker 3: So thanks for asking, and another last second thing in the wheelhouse, and again thank me for not dancing. But the concert on Friday, you know, kind of a throwback.
Speaker 11: Yest little I love the nineties to where it's a little throwback to, you know, a more simpler time in our lives. Vanilla Ice, Rob Bass and Tone Loak are headlighting that Friday night show, so it should be an absolute blast. And I have I have not personally seen them in concert twelve twelve. Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 5: Rock Bass and Ton are playing with everybody needs. It's like nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 11: I'm that's exactly You're going to.
Speaker 4: Be there early.
Speaker 5: What time do they start playing on the Planet four for all this, Yeah.
Speaker 11: Four o'clock will open. They'll probably gonna go on closer to to to six or seven. But it's, uh, I've heard it's an absolute blast of the show, and I you know, we know probably what one or two from each.
Speaker 8: Of those guys.
Speaker 11: Uh, totally songs that we can Someone asked me, so is it going to be a nine minute They got to know that they play a bunch of covers and this absolute party. So the last few go rounds that then Elisa has had and actually here in in Tucson over at the casino, I think they had about seven thousand fans show up. Yeah, No, we're opening a track towards that.
Speaker 4: Who's a Saturday Knights gonna be?
Speaker 11: Yeah Friday night, March.
Speaker 4: Seventh, No, who's the guy who's the next night?
Speaker 11: Oh, Saturday Night's co Wessel is the headliner. So co Westle is an up and coming and country rock ish musician. So it is you will walk out of co Wesle Saturday night exhausted, because he just plays hard for the two hour show that he'll be going for and it's some music that even if you don't know him, you'll enjoy it. But he is up and coming.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 11: You know, they look at the streaming now, you know what are their downloads and their streams? You know, billboards are still important, but you know what is the popularity. And he continues to to sit towards the top of the charts from that standpoint, and and he's he's hitting some really big numbers on his.
Speaker 14: Show right now.
Speaker 11: So we were lucky to get him as we did before he uh became too popular for us.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Eron. We'll have you in studio here sometime soon. I look forward to the break of Hip Night on that Friday.
Speaker 11: Heck yeah baby, thank yeah. Well we'll have Vanilla Ice out there for your him.
Speaker 8: So if you worried, that's I appreciate you guys, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, Ben, I appreciate you. Thank doctor said, yeah, he's a the RBC.
Speaker 3: When it'll get sponsors, let's take a break, come back and then maybe take a call or to If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years now take a look back at the Ludelsen era in my new book, Lessons from Loot. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Lout is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 20: Hi, this is formal while get Leman hindally with Arizona Health. Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space and your life. We off a complete line of cardio machines, multi gms in free rate equipment. I'll certify fitness X hurts and technicians will set you up with the right equipment and training to get you started to keep you going. Visit our share room today at twenty second in Wilmot. Arizona Health the lead edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 14: What's your goal? A new career or career advancement. How about transferring to a four year college.
Speaker 17: PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and.
Speaker 14: Reach your goals affordably on your schedule.
Speaker 17: With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial laid available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot edu. Slash Someday, Hey Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you.
Speaker 3: Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Markets All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, they've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance. With the Edmund Marcus All State Agency, You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call him at five two zero three two three nine three three three selling your home, want to get more money for it, Well, Danny Roth can help you. He told me about as you Flip the Home You Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Omni Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home of Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand, Tucson.
Speaker 17: It's time for the Cool of Garden Classic by Exact Sciences March seventh through the ninth at La Paloma Country Club and the Western La Paloma Resort and Spa. Come see some of golf's greatest players competing for the coveted Tucson can Quisador's helmet. It's PGA Tour Championship Golf at its finest. Don't forget to join us Friday and Saturday Night under the Stars to watch Vanilla Ice and Co et So live in concert at Rito Park the Colon Guard Classic by Exact Sciences, benefiting Colo Rectal Cancer Awareness in Tucson Youth Sports. Get your tickets and more at Colo Guard Classic dot com. This that is brought to you by file Bomb Crowley Investment Group at OURBC Wealth Management.
Speaker 14: Streaming live on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 12: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to the ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifteen. I'm Steve Rivera, you're Tim Bentley. Hello, Hello, your Henry, then you're met. Got the crew in here today. If you've got a call or a concern or whatever, give us a call five two zero for one and six seventy four to forty. We'd love to hear from you. Tows, big game, your thoughts. Talk more about the big game here about four to seventeen.
Speaker 2: Get a call.
Speaker 7: No, I was just gonna say, I didn't rose the game was at eleven.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What time do you guys get up in the morning? Not later than that? You want us to call you or something like that.
Speaker 2: What happened in the first half? I don't know the first half.
Speaker 3: Hey, The funny thing about it is Arizona has taken better teams into into Tempe and lost.
Speaker 2: They just gotta be ready, gotta be ready.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's you know those those rivalry games. You know, those those kids know, I mean they know so, I mean they want to they want to punch Arizona right in the mouth and say, hey, you get the big gun, we're going to beat you.
Speaker 3: Well, the funny thing about it and not the funny thing about it. The thing about it, you know, the media media up there is kind of homersh here too to a degree. But when Iowas State came down here, they were saying, there's no way that Arizona's gonna be that. There's no way, and realistically they probably should not have. What you checked the percentage, right.
Speaker 5: We did, Henry and I did, and it was I think that right towards the end about here or three seconds left, it was ninety six almost ninety seven.
Speaker 4: Percent chance that I alway say he was gonna win. And yeah, and then of course we saw what happened.
Speaker 5: But every like you said earlier, everything that had to happen happened in the way I was supposed to.
Speaker 4: For the Arizona.
Speaker 3: Yeah, free throw here, fre thro there, and then the shot. Yeah, so it was it was again if you want to call five two zero, four, one, six, seventy four forty.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna go watch golf at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, usually go h it's cool because those are the dudes that I grew up watching.
Speaker 4: Right now, they're all they're all like in our age group, right, you know, did.
Speaker 2: You follow those dudes?
Speaker 4: I did, so they're really good.
Speaker 3: I've told this to Aaron last time he was I said, you know, to me, there's no and he put the access way. But there's no one cooler than pretty couples. If I were cool, I walk like gold Man. Now I'm sixty, but if I always, if I could walk like pretty couples, I'd hold it.
Speaker 2: He's got it. He's got a gate. That's pretty cool. He is, you know what I'm saying, He's.
Speaker 3: Kind of like Kevin Costner kind of you know walk Hey, that's because he's you know, a pretty cup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, he's got like how many green jackets does he with all those green He's.
Speaker 2: Kind of walks with a light, you know, kind of just on the floating my air.
Speaker 5: So I know, I like, I like watching those guys play because they'll wear shoes like I do. You know, these big cushy shoes. They're all wearing the sketches. There's sketchers, the other ones, you know, the the hookahs, the Hokas, the sketchers. I'm like, I like those shoes. Yeah, and then they're demographic right here, get some hookahs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we'll see those guys a lot of the cool you know guys that we just kind of watched right there. No, the Michael Sins are coming up now, and the Tigers and the and.
Speaker 4: The Vanilla Ice, all those guys are coming up.
Speaker 2: Man, want to go to the coach of Mildred. Let's go tell what they're doing.
Speaker 4: They're starting at four o'clock. I mean that's that's like special.
Speaker 3: Doors open, Come on, doors open, the doors posed at four thirty two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I should not back it out there. The weather, the weather's who knows what's going to be. Last year I did not go last year. Went two years ago to the concert, or to both.
Speaker 4: Not to the concert. That was too late for me.
Speaker 2: I went to the concert. Is good. It was the Midland. Yeah, it was good. I love standing. If you heard yeah.
Speaker 4: Go Now, for years I used to go to it, you know, it was that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't have the concert at the thing. Yeah, that was fun too. They've done a great job because you know, it's more than just golf. It's so fun an event.
Speaker 5: Well, we've talked about this before, is you know, we talked about with basketball games. We talked about you know, with other events. People have discretionaries, discretionary money to spend on events, and so you got to entertain them from the time they get there at the time they leave, and you want them to have a great time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, so it's you want to be sure that they're having a good time. It's not just a golf tournament.
Speaker 5: It is a concert, it's it's it's drinks on the course, it's lunch, it's getting there, it's all. It's a whole experience. And so you got to you got it from soup to nuts. Make sure that it's a great time.
Speaker 2: Soup to nuts.
Speaker 17: I like that.
Speaker 2: Hey, we've got to call. You're on the air and I on the wall.
Speaker 19: Who's this.
Speaker 8: It's Howard, the more mature guy than you.
Speaker 2: Steve Howard. I don't know true the mature word, how older.
Speaker 8: Yeah, mature. Well year and a half, two years older, that's all that.
Speaker 2: What do you got? What you got, Howard?
Speaker 8: No, I definitely, I'm glad it's March seventh. I thought it was earlier, like closer to Rodeo, which is always in February. I'm glad it's March seventh. That concert.
Speaker 5: Yes, they book at all those dates in advance.
Speaker 4: They knew exactly what.
Speaker 11: I was just.
Speaker 3: I was just looking because the Big twelve Tournament is a week later, so it's kind of like.
Speaker 5: Boom boom boom. And I'm sure they knew. They wanted to pick before the U A was was in a tournament or in the Big twelve tournament. They wanted that that's an open weekend for them, so they get lots of people up there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm gonna get my wife's co workers. They're a few years younger than Steve, so they'll be right up there, Alley, because I was, you know, obviously for the for the concert, for the or for the help for the concert.
Speaker 3: How much try to go to golf, to a lot of cougars to go to golf.
Speaker 8: I played, I played there before Lama, But they spend.
Speaker 2: Years Henry there's gonna be a lot of Cougars at that concert.
Speaker 4: I guess I'm telling you that.
Speaker 8: Their husband. Some of them won't be going because you know they won't be going to something like this, But we have a couple of couples that will probably go with us.
Speaker 3: Seven o'clock, Howard, Howard, I know you're fishing out of a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Sports. I asked this was my guest yesterday. I can't remember. Uh, I just uh is arizone of those basketball team? Good?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I remember listening to it. No, we're good compared to how we started. We're real good.
Speaker 2: Okay, what mean? What does God mean?
Speaker 8: We're on there? It's on the up street. Hey, it's sound like the pros, the pros, anyone could beating. It's the same in college. But I but I do agree the home court has got a lot more advantage as the road. And you, you know, you got to hold keep to be successful in college. I think we can all agree. You've got to win your home court and you've been saying that for years, Steve, you know, and you've got to steal some on the road, right. So I'm just gonna love to see their their player Iowa State. Who is he? Is he a fifteen point score that they didn't have?
Speaker 3: They have a pretty good, pretty good player. It's just it's just gonna be rumble, rough and tumble up there. I mean you can do you know, Houston here.
Speaker 2: Is going to be unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Uh until they until Houston, Iowa State and Kansas. Uh, it's gonna be you know, if they can steal a few, they'll be fine, and it's.
Speaker 8: Gonna be cool at ASU they have I don't think anyone else has that. That curtain of the crazy thing behind that's as old.
Speaker 2: As my converse. I'm worry right now.
Speaker 8: I know that's pretty old. Is there only spread about?
Speaker 2: It's a good question. Looked that up? He real get that going?
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, okay, let's talk you guys next week.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Thanks.
Speaker 3: You know, I haven't even known this. I would my guess would be like twelve for tomorrow. Yeah, yeah, we'll see at the most twelve. It's probably more than that twelve.
Speaker 7: I don't see a spread yet.
Speaker 4: Really, it's way what are they waiting on? You get a hold of Vegas.
Speaker 5: Call my guy Carl Special at the Four Seasons or whatever it is though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's jim I don't know at the stretch. That's guy's going down soon. Jimmy, What did you get for us?
Speaker 5: Oh? I mean we used to go to Vegas when it was Vegas, you know when it was when it was ninety nine cents shrimp cocktails, you know, thirty years ago.
Speaker 4: Well more than that, you want.
Speaker 5: To get some steak, all you can eat buffets, man, like that's I lived in flag Staff.
Speaker 4: I was going and that's how we fed ourselves. Half the time was going to Laughlin and Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, howmost stick cost me four hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: It was free, but it cost me three hundred dollars and usings in blackjack.
Speaker 2: So that's how it used to be.
Speaker 4: Remember that, Yeah, it was great free. Oh it's it's it's everything's expensive. I heard somewhere the.
Speaker 5: Fast food places said that like food revenue is is is a significant portion.
Speaker 4: Of the casinos. Gambling's down, gamblings down.
Speaker 5: So it's the food and as those experiences in the shows, you know, I mean Vegas is, I mean it is de luxe now it used to be.
Speaker 3: Gambling's down, Parking is now up. You have to park everywhere. Now you got to it's it's their nickel and diamond. You in the in the truest sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, Vegas used to go to if you wanted to get in the mud. If you wanted to get in trouble, you go to Vegas. You can still get in trouble, but now it's going to cost you about two grads.
Speaker 3: So no, nothing, nothing, Wow, that's strange. But they don't have that up yet. Twenty what twenty eighteen hours? Yeah, probably lesn't that name. It's time to bet there's no Yeah, don't bet. Jay's not here.
Speaker 2: Let's stop talking about it. But the one I beat him. I told you I heard that.
Speaker 4: I heard that that Jay hasn't called in in two weeks.
Speaker 2: I talked to him Monday.
Speaker 3: I had him call it on Monday because you know, I wanted to talk to him about the shot or Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Whatever that was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he hasn't called here.
Speaker 2: You wanted to bring up you were being sarcastic. What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Well, everybody's talking about the shot. I thought they were talking about the shot with Miles Simon.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh so I got he It was on by six Trustee and Danny Source. Hug you molse it was by six. Dude, if it's six, you know what you should do.
Speaker 4: Don't listen to that kid, all right, my boy from you, not.
Speaker 3: My boy from l A, knows exactly he's he's on drunkings by now.
Speaker 2: Six. I think it's a twelve point game.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: But again, gonna have to show up. And that's the thing. I don't know if they're going to show well, he.
Speaker 5: Knows what they're looking at for after big wins. Like you know, there's an algorithm for everything.
Speaker 2: Guarantee you.
Speaker 4: If there's somebody that.
Speaker 3: You're exactly right, I should look into do my evan my cows, get up the website, chat GPT, let's ask, Yeah, what is it was gonna do after big wing.
Speaker 5: Fans where they make a half court shot. There's one example nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 2: Right, they had a few too. We should check it in.
Speaker 3: It's all psychological because if you're ready, you're ready for you not you know, ye see, we'll see give it.
Speaker 4: Give the points.
Speaker 8: Six.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's coming from me, who's down on the city of Vegas in my entire career, right, I remember the good.
Speaker 4: Times, but I'm not telling about the bad times.
Speaker 3: That's who talks about the bad yea thousand dollars cost you one hundred twenty.
Speaker 4: Your phone's blowing up?
Speaker 2: Are you just telling me about the biggest But that is what it is. Okay.
Speaker 3: We got to go pretty from knowing like six is okay, Well we'll go. It's let's see issue Arizona spread. A six Monday line is two fifty uh over.
Speaker 2: Under is.
Speaker 7: One forty two. Forty does say forty three, but I'll take forty six.
Speaker 2: Forty seven and a half.
Speaker 3: Well one the night they were under tremendously and then the OT came and they blew right by it. Yeah, okay, let's go. Let's go and come back on to the side breaking news, Okay,