Speaker 1: Good morning Michael, Good morning Dragon. Well he caught me in mid workouse. Sorry about the breathing.
Speaker 2: Dragon.
Speaker 1: I'm a little disappointed to hear your going on vacation and you're not going to be able to hear the iHeart Music Festival reveal. Don't worry, We'll hear about it for the next four months every segment, every commercial.
Speaker 2: See boys, fear not.
Speaker 3: That reveal is tomorrow at six am. I don't leave until Thursday, so I will be here right along with you guys with bated breath to know exactly who's going to be at the iHeart Music Festival.
Speaker 2: Oh so that's what the reveal is. Who's going to be at theeart Yeah, tomorrow, six am. Dude, I haven't seen any emails. Are we supposed to do anything about that? Not us?
Speaker 3: They typically relegate that to the FMS. Well, there's a hard roadblock at roughly that time, I would bet.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm just shocked that I had no clue that we didn't know or cared who was.
Speaker 3: Going to be at the iHeart Now, yeah, tomorrow tomorrow to be a big deal.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, all right, big deal because when I think back of all the other acts that have been at the r Heart Music Festival. I couldn't name you one.
Speaker 3: Uh they played as well as them?
Speaker 2: Oh they've played too. Yeah, I didn't realize they were there. Had I known they were there, I would have gone to see them. And we can't forget about him. Oh but will she be there? Misurprise appearance? Who knows? Well? But the biggest question is will Z be there or is it her z? I R will be there? Right? Oh, right, right? I got nothing as dumb enough as it is as we are. There's uh no, I'm not ever known that path. So I did I confess that I bought Tapper's book?
Speaker 3: Yes, you, before you even left, you said that you had got it. I think it was like a day or so after it came out, but or maybe even the day of, because you were asking listeners as to what to do. You did say that you were you bought it. You read a couple of chapters.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, I'd read like maybe thirty forty pages or something exactly. Okay, we're going to have a full book report when you came back. Yes, this is the book report session. But I need to kind of I need to play the groundwork for it, so I did. I forget what day it was, but one day before I left on vacation, I drove over to the first not that I don't trust my producer, but I don't trust my producer, who had told me that the Barnes and Noble return policy was that as long as you have your receipt, you can return any book. Well the thirty days I think it was. There's a thirty day wind though. However, not trusting my producer, which I don't understand why I don't, I thought maybe I should read the return policy myself because if i'm will show out call with taxes. I think it was like twenty nine bucks. I want to make shreck get my twenty nine bucks back, because even though I thought about giving the book to like Tamera's school or what, I decided, no, I'm not. No, I want to be able to give them money and take away the money. So I drove so I checked and hang on real quick.
Speaker 3: I just want to let you know that because we kind of talked a little bout about seeing if the listeners would pay us in order to go.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, right right, we we got, we got, we got money. You said you got like nineteen cents or something. In twenty seven, you got thirty three three.
Speaker 3: Cents from Mike. Oh, Mike or Michael's Venmo is still unknown to me. Here's some sense for you to give to Mike or Michael for that book or not. It's yours now, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I want you to keep that in your Venmo account, so that when you're in Tokyo, the most expensive city in the entire world, you'll have what was it sixty cents, you'll have which will not get you anything that I know of in Tokyo, but enjoy. So the return policy is, uh, it cannot be read or appear to have been read. The dust jacket has to be in pristine. I don't think they use the word pristine, but you know, it can't have any tears or smudges or copy stains on or anything like that. The book binding has to be it can't be cracked. So how does a book not appear to be read? Well? Apparently apparently I succeeded in doing that because I took I took the book, I get the book, I take it out to the car, I set it in the back seat. I don't want like if I have to slam on the brakes. I don't want this going into the floor. Super careful, I'm super careful. I get home, I take the dust jacket off, put it down in my office, and then I take the book to New Mexico and I read it. You know, you know how you tend to you don't even crack the spine. I don't crack the spine at all. It was really difficult because I'm just I'm holding the pages down, and I'm also because it was really rainy. So and the light in the undisclosed location is not the greatest. It's not like the crappy lights we have in here. It seemed crappier down there. But I do have a floor land next to my chair. But I'm having to move to get the like you know, I got these old fart eyes and I can't see that way. But I read the book, bring it back home, put the cover on, put the receipt in. I walk up to the counter and I said, I'd like to return this book. And she's no problem. She takes the book. She glances at it and she goes, oh this one again. No, But after all the care I took to make sure that there was no question that it was in pristine condition, she said. She pulled the receipt out, she takes the book, and she tosses it into a box. Yes, and then she said, may I ask why you're returning it? And for that nanosecond in my brain I wanted to say because the book sucked, But I said, well, I bought it for a friend and the friend already had it. She means, You're like, oh, okay, just whatever do you do you want store credit or do you want back on your credit card? So I just I want to credit on my credit card. So she gave me my twenty nine whatever it was back, So Jake Tapper got no money from me, and I got to read the book. Now, having said all of that, I'm really pissed that I read the book. I'm really pissed at myself having read the book. Asked me what I learned that I did not know? Michael? What did you learn that you did not already know the names of the four or five members of what they referred to as the polit bureau that was running the White House. You think back during those four years, Dragon, how many times did we say, aren't we curious who it is, it's actually running things. Two yeah, time or two. Well, now we know who it is, and I would say it's probably some of the former staffers that work for Barack Obama that are now on the Biden staff. And sure enough, thy of them were Anita Dunn and a couple of others. But the really you're the pullet bureau was a guy by the name of Raschetti or Racketti or something to that effect, who was Jill Biden's I'm I'm so sorry, I'm out of practice. I've been on vacation. Some guy named Roshetti who was doctor Jill Biden's chief of staff. He became the titular head of this pullet bureau. It was running everything, and everybody was scared of him, and so they all pretty much just did whatever he said. If there was a decision to be made, and he did it, he just did it. So you had doctor Jill Biden's chief of staff, you had three members of the old Obama team, and you had ron Klain, who was kind of in and out, who was Biden's chief of staff. I think he was gone for the last year or so, but he was still part of the pulot Bureau that still helped him make the decision. So that was the only thing I learned. With some names, the book was such bull crap. But here's what I really want you to comprehend about it. Let me just describe the book in general. First of all, I seriously, seriously recommend you not buy this book. And unless you're just a total political method like I am, don't read the book, because you really won't. I don't know. I take that back. Having worked in the White House myself, having worked for a president, having you know, been in that in the sub cabinet, I understand how things work, and you not having that experience, there might be some interesting things in there. So I can't tell you do not go read it, but check it out from the light, from from the library or something. Two hundred. Just listen to this for a minute. Here's here's what I wrote down about the book. It draws on two hundred interviews with Democrat insiders, interviews with White House staffers, congressional leaders including Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Hakeem Jefferies, Congressman Climber. I'm sure there's some others. Come off the top of my head. Uh. Donors Democrat donors, including the big wigs like George Clooney and other just you know, random political people. Now, why do I spell out who they interviewed? Well, why would you interview these people unless they knew something? They all knew something. Oh, I left out another group. There's another group. I forgot to mention. They also listed Cabinet member nine, number one, Cabinet member number two, Cabinet member number three. They talked to or tried to get some information out of Cackle and Kamala Harris. They did interview some of her staffers. Every single one knew what was going on. They all knew. Now, in particular, I want to emphasize the cabinet members because of the twenty fifth Amendment. Now, if for the just for the sake of argument, if three dragon, if three people in this building know something that those three people are trying to keep confidential, how many people in this building really know about what they're trying to keep confidential? More than half, if not all, so, at least fifty one hundred people or something. Yeah, if three cabinet members know something, how many cabinet members know something? All of them, all of them. If a vice president knows now, granted she's a little schizophrenic. But if if one part of Kamala Harris's brain knows something, oh never mind, the other parts of the brain probably don't know anything. She'll never forget that one. That one doesn't really work. The point is they all knew. There was really nothing new in this book. When I think back on four years of talking about Joe Biden, there was nothing in this book that to me was new, other than the specific names that some of the people involved. They never named the three cabinet members. Cabinet member in one and two are mentioned quite often. Cabinet member number three is not really mentioned until near the end of the book, and it was so innocuous I don't really remember much about it. They do go into some detail about the process that led up to Biden withdrawing from the race, and the only thing I shouldn't say the only thing, but one of the things I did find interesting was Chuck Schumer's his description of his drive to either Rehobe or Wilmington. I forget which place they went to Delaware, because Chucky had decided he had to tell his good friend he shouldn't be running the staff. Remember when those times that Joe Biden would talk about, well, the poll numbers are good for me. You know, I can beat Trump. Everything's looking good. He honestly believed that because the staff kept the three main Democrat pollsters who kept trying to get meetings with the Politbureau because they were hearing what Biden was saying on TV. They were trying to protect their reputations because what Biden was saying on television or radio or in speeches was one hundred and eighty degrees opposite of what they're polling data showed, and they kept trying to get in to speak to Biden so that they could describe to Biden, Hey, listen, mister president, you can't beat him. Things are a lot worse than you've been told. Well, they kept them at Bay, so I guess that's something else I learned that might be a little different. They provide a little bit of granular detail about Biden's decline. They go through all of the ones that we talked about, the ones about the discussion about with Jake Tapper about him talking about the most transparent president ever in terms of his health, He'll be telling all the truth about that. Tapper talks about that they talk about they saw exactly what we saw at D Day, that what we saw at the G seven or the G twenty, whichever it was all And remember when they were all doing the it was it was Black History Month or whatever it was, and they were all dancing, you know, and you know, driving around, and he was just standing there. They talked about how he was always gaping with his mouth just you know, not no clueless. That when they would have cabinet meetings that those some cabinet members had not seen the president for more than a year. That's unfathomable to me. But yes, that those who had not seen him for a year near the end, when they would have those televised cabinet meetings, that they would describe themselves as in total shock and disbelief. Now, let me talk briefly about the autopin. Everybody's making a big deal out of the autopin. I think they are. They're they're chasing they're they're chasing their own tails. And the reason for that is the use of the autopin to sign things, even other than proclamations or letters to constituents. You know, you write the right or birthday greetings, whatever the kind of crap. Course mean, there's there's hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of pieces of correspondence that come out of the White House that are autopin with President's signature. I've never said anything to my My sister has a She and Ronald Reagan shared the same birthday, and Reagan sent her a really nice letter. It's autopin. You can you can if you've ever had, like I had an autopen when I was the undersecretary, you can tell an autopin signature from a real signature because what they do now autopans have vastly improved since I had You know, when I had an autopan, it was twenty years ago. The technology has vastly improved. But you can tell an autopen signature from an actual signature in many different ways. You know, every time you sign something, uh, pressure points are different. You you know, you're it's not always exactly the same. Well, autopins are all exactly the same. But chasing this as some controversy, I'm not really sure there's a controversy there. Explain why.
Speaker 4: Hey, Michael, I'm really surprised you didn't go for the audible version of Jake Tapper's book, Original Son. I got it the other day, and well, here's the first sentence.
Speaker 2: What I some books I like the audio versions, but some books that I really want to read, I prefer hardbacks. I hate reading on my iPad or Kendall for that matter of tame, I just don't like them. But the last thing I wanted to do was listen to Jake Tapper. So Jake Tapper, the I think probably the first major interview that he did post publication was, in fact, let me look at the date of this, I think it was with Megan Kelly, and she started, she didn't hold any punches. I listened to the entire interview because having read the book, I was curious what his reaction would be to many of the questions that I had heard that Megan Kelly had asked. And one of the first questions was, and I'm just paraphrasing here is first with regard to Alex Thompson, his co author. Alex had been planning to write a book about Biden, but I forget what the topic was. But the publisher rejected that book. But Thompson continued to keep notes about what he observed as he continued to report on the Biden White House for Axios. So the point I'm making is he's watching, observing, and making notes about what's happening, anticipating that he would write a book. Now, he didn't know at the time that he started his original book that that would get you know, deep six by the publisher and that he'd have to turn to Jake and he and Jake would partner up to do this book. But Tapper admits that he was doing a book too. He was going to to keep he was keeping all these notes about what he was observing. So these two s heads, these two dirt bags, continue to lie as much as the administration lied. So Megan's first question was, and again paraphrasing, so conservative media was observing all of these things, Georgia Molonia at D Day, trying to get the president to come back, Obama leading him off the stage. And in fact, one of the interesting parts of the book was the backstage encounter that George Clooney had with Biden before they did the you know, the interview out front with Jimmy Kimmel or whoever it was, I don't care, and Clooney talks about how he was literally shocked by what he saw. So Megan goes through this whole lengthy question about we all saw this, the conservative media, conservative news sources, Fox News, an Newsmax, everybody is reporting on it, even you know, at some point even the New York Times makes a few comments about it.
Speaker 1: But you.
Speaker 2: And the left wing media continued to say that we shouldn't believe our eyes. Cheap remember, cheap fakes whatever they called some of the videos. So why is it that we saw it but you didn't, and why didn't you report on it?
Speaker 5: It's a tough and fair question. I would say that Alex and I after election day interviewed more than two hundred people, two hundred mostly Democratic insiders in all these interviews were almost all of these interviews were or after the election, and they justified to themselves what they had done in terms of misrepresenting how the president was, not just to me and Alex and other reporters, but also just to each other.
Speaker 2: That's a subtle shift to blame. Oh, we were keeping notes, Yes, he admits they were keeping notes, But all these insiders were, as he says, justifying what they were hiding from us. So what's he doing? He's trying to blame other people, not himself.
Speaker 5: Into the world and to Democrats into the cabinet, etc. By saying that there was this existential threat of Donald Trump and only Joe Biden could be Donald Trump, and that justified everything in their minds. After that existential threat was over, because the election was over and Donald Trump won, they were We found Alex and myself remarkably willing to talk to us, either off record or on background or in some cases on the record about what they saw. One of the things that emerged was that there were two bidens. One was the fine Biden, serviceable, adequate, and the other one was as a non functioning Biden. And that's the one we saw the night of the debate, and that's the one we saw some clips up here and there that you just showed. And that non functioning Biden, the one that lost his train of thought in a significant way, not in the way just that every human loses their train of thought, but in a way that shows that he's having trouble articulating his very views. And the one who forgot the name of close aids, who was not able to come up with George Clooney's name, didn't seem to recognize him.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 5: That sort of thing that non functioning Biden was, according to our reporting, showed up as far back as twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: Twenty fifteen, according to our reporting, showed up as far back as twenty fifteen.
Speaker 5: After the death of bo or One. Top Aid said that that tragedy, the loss of bo was like watching somebody pour water on sand.
Speaker 2: That was the effect on his psyche.
Speaker 5: And there were other moments twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: You hear some the her report.
Speaker 5: One of the reasons he came to that conclusion was because of the recordings they heard of Joe Biden in twenty seventeen talking to his ghostwriter, in which he was similarly inclined. Obviously, in twenty nineteen, twenty twenty, there were other moments like that. Most of his campaign staff and others would say that he's you look, he's seventy eight, he's seventy nine, He has senior moments, but he's fine, he's fine, he's fine.
Speaker 2: Well, he wasn't fine.
Speaker 5: And throughout his presidency, that non functioning Biden would show up more and more and more, and he was worse and worse and worse.
Speaker 2: Really deteriorating tremendously.
Speaker 5: The next time, there was a really horrible family incident, which was when Hunter Biden's pleading all fell apart in the summer of twenty twenty three, and then obviously in June he was convicted, and the thought the fear of losing his son, not to jail, but maybe to another to a relapse, to an overdose, to a suicide, who knows, was a very real fear, and the threat of losing a third child who really just diminished him tremendously, according to top aides. So all which is to say that this was a deterioration, was a this was a progression. And look, knowing what I know now.
Speaker 2: This is really key right here. Look knowing what I know now, but you you kind of did. Obviously.
Speaker 5: I feel tremendous humility about my coverage that Laura Trump interviewed, for example, et cetera. She saw something, she saw something that I did not see at the time, one hundred percent. And I own that I did ask Joe Biden to be transparent about his health records in an interview in twenty twenty I did ask him about the fact that voters then he was thought that he power balls, and indeed he wasn't at all.
Speaker 2: He wasn't transparent about it at all. So they're trying to shift the blame. And now he's trying to claim humility, because well, as long as I can claim humility, then I get a pass. I learned my lesson. You know, I read all of that as an admission, surrounded by all these words that I knew what was going on, but because of my network, because of my job the host of what is it, the lead with Jake Tabber, whatever is program. I mean, he's an anchor on CNN. He's probably right now other than Wolf blitzerly, in fact, he may be the Dean of the Sea and then crew for all I know, I only Will Blitter may be ahead of him. He's just trying to shift the blame. This is the cabal in operation. This is precisely when I talk about the cabal and how they're all intertwined. All these people that he refers to, that he talked to, that he interviewed some on the record, off the record. Well, if I recall the book correctly, most of it was off the record because they're still afraid or for whatever reason they want to say anything, and I think they don't want to say anything because they know precisely how dangerous it was for the country and for come. I think this kills I don't think she could have made it. I don't think she could have gotten the Democrat nomination anyway. But I think this kills any any chance of Kamala Harris getting the nomination because she was an active participant in the cover up of Joe Biden's decline. Now real quickly, when we get back, I just want to touch on the autopin because many people believe the autopin is some sort of smoking gun that's going to destroy everything that Biden did for four years. I think they're wrong. You know, I could be wrong, but I just kind of think that.
Speaker 6: This free Palestine, pro Palestine, pro Homas wing of the Democrat Party is going to damage the Democrat Party in ways that we haven't seen yet and ensure that they're a losing party going into the at least the near future.
Speaker 2: Could be. It's all a matter of timing and how fast things degenerate versus how quickly Republicans can get their freaking act together and do stuff right, which is always questionable. Real quickly. So the Department of Justice has what's called the Office of Legal Counsel. It's basically the lawyers for the lawyers, and they issued an opinion back in two thousand and five that concluded that the use of an auto pen to sign legislation is constitutional. And they claim it's constitutional because Article one, section seven requires the president to quote sign a bill to approve it, but does not specify that the signature must be manually affixed. And they go on, I mean, it's a somewhat complicated legal opinion, but talks about how the president still needs to authorize the use of the autopen so that we can know the intent. Now, that gets us to the issue of Biden. Obama used it to sign legislation. In fact, he signed an extension of the Patriot Act in I think twenty eleven twelve, I forget, I think it's twenty eleven when he was overseas, and did he authorized it to be signed by autopin And of course Republicans threw a fit about it and said no, no, no, you got to sign him in person, which I don't allow him. They could a fed extra to him, and they could a fed extra back. I don't get what the big deal was, but anyway, he usually all appended to do it. But here's the problem with the Republicans going after this. It will be fairly easy for everybody in the Biden pilot Bureau, as described in Tapper's book, to claim that, yes, the President authorized us to do this, and then they're going to go ask Biden if they could ever get him to you agree to an interview, which he probably wouldn't, which kills the whole issue there. But if they were to agree to an interview, Biden could simply say, uh, yeah, I told him they should use the pen, and they always came and told me when they use the pin, so I knew about it. How are you going to prove that he didn't know about it? How are you going to approve that they use it without his authorization? How's that going to happen? How are you going to prove the negative? So I think this chase is pure political. In fact, I would offer to Congressman Comber, move on. Move on, and if you and if you think or believe that it's unconstitutional for the president to sign legislation or an executive voter with an auto pen, then pass a law you have a majority in the House in the Senate, pass a law that requires the President to do that, and then let that get to the US Supreme Court to be tested. Otherwise, focus on taxes and spending and defense.
Speaker 1: Please