Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Six minutes after Dan is off doing what is it?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: He does?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: The law.
Speaker 3: That's right, he's off doing the law. I am pretty certain, he goes to a bar called court. I mean, think about that court. Where have you been all day? Honey? His lovely wife Amy asks, been in court all day? Yeah, you look like you've been beat up. Oh rough time in court today. I think that's what works.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you don't know about Independence Institute, the organization I run, please, by all means, go to think freedom dot org. Thinkfreedom dot org. Sid on for my newsletter at the very least, so we can stay in contact.
Speaker 2: You can listen to my terrible jokes.
Speaker 3: You can watch some of our videos and podcasts, and all sorts of great stuff. We are for four decades, our first four decades, our first forty years, fighting for personal and economic freedom in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Without us, we wouldn't have Tabor. We wouldn't have.
Speaker 3: The flat tax, we wouldn't have lowered the flat tax, we wouldn't have concealed carry permits, we wouldn't have charter schools. Independence Institute has done so much over those forty years. We want you to be part of it too, So go to Thinkfreedom dot org. Also, our news service is called Complete Colorado dot com. Complete Colorado dot Com. You should really make it part of your daily reading list. It's free, there's never a paywall, and we focus on Colorado issues. We figure you got plenty of Washington issues and national stuff, but the real fight for liberty is right here in your backyard in Colorado.
Speaker 2: And so you want to know completely what's going.
Speaker 3: On in Colorado. That's what I think. All right, So what we've been talking about, and let me just take one more shot at that, is this odd overlap between immigration and what happened in Boulder, what happened with this shooting. That's that's going to be worse because of immigration. We're not going to be able to stop so many terrorists. And I find the timing of what happened in Boulder and what happened in right Yusha thanks to the sneak attack from the Ukrainians to have an overlap.
Speaker 2: How do I mean this.
Speaker 3: I mean that it took many people, a coordinated effort to do big damage in Russia that was to a military target. Remember it took many people and a coordinated effort to give US nine to eleven.
Speaker 2: Twenty four years ago.
Speaker 3: I remember it like yesterday, Like yesterday. What happens when coordinated bad guys want to damage a country, they don't limit it to military targets the way the Ukrainians did so beautifully. No one that we know of was killed in those attacks. They blew up forty bombers, and they did so in a quiet, well hidden attack. Think about what the Israelis did with pagers. Well, they went after and targeted select bad guys.
Speaker 2: Terrorists.
Speaker 3: But when the terrorists turn their hatred towards US, they don't focus on military targets.
Speaker 2: They focus on civilian targets.
Speaker 3: Imagine what the Ukrainians did with drones, but instead of flying them to air bases where they could blow up United States Army airplanes, imagine if they did it to air ports and blew up commercial plot flights. Imagine if they use drones to try to hit planes in the air. All I know is the next attack is a whole lot more likely to happen after four years of open borders where these people came in. Yes, our bad immigration enforcement is the reason Boulder happened. This guy who shouldn't be here, who's on a two year expired visa, should have been sent home to Egypt wasn't. Whose fault is that the Biden administration Now at this point, Ice is so so.
Speaker 2: Very backed up.
Speaker 3: There is no way we're going to be able to find and get rid of the ten to fifteen million people who are here illegally. Technically we're supposed to know where all the visa holders are. But my but my suspicion is my suspicion is we don't know where they are. So when there's a coordinated attack, my suspicion is immigration is going to have a big reason why it happened. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five seven one three Talk?
Speaker 2: Do I have this wrong? Do I have this wrong? Is there anything we can do to protect ourselves? What are we not going.
Speaker 3: To go out and and live our lives? Are we not going to go out and tell the government what we want? This is this is troubling. This is really troubling. What will that attack look like? And don't for a minute think it's not happening. All right, let's uh, let's get back to the phones. Let's talk to Terry. Terry, good afternoon. You're with John Caldera.
Speaker 4: Thank you, John, good afternoon for you. I'm this is a extremely serious subject and I totally agree with you. We've got a big problem coming and I don't have an answer. But I like to backtrack just a little bit to Herb Albert's album fair Enough. My older brother had the album. Yes it was let's bring.
Speaker 2: New listeners up to speed.
Speaker 3: We were We played as a bumper music Mason Williams classical gas, to which a h the listener ToxT to me going forward, whenever I hear classical gas, I will think of John Caldero.
Speaker 2: How how very flattery for me? Yeah, I have a little gassy.
Speaker 3: And then we talked about other hits that were instrumental hits.
Speaker 2: Green Onion was an instrumental had wipe Out was an instrumental head and then of.
Speaker 3: Course Herb Albert had a few which, of course you can't say Herb Albert without most guys over forty years old, imagining the album cover of Whipped Cream, which every twelve year old boy would pull out of his dad's record collection and stare.
Speaker 4: You have to finish the title.
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 3: It was called and other Delights?
Speaker 4: Yes, what might?
Speaker 3: What might HERB be talking about? And whipped cream and other delights?
Speaker 4: It's for you to determine when you're looking at it.
Speaker 3: Listen, you know, and mind you there's been race your album covers. But you know Herb Aalbot was was it was how to put it? A wholesome instrumentalist with a great horn player, and then all of a sudden, he'll I think he'll be remembered more for.
Speaker 2: That album cover than any any hit. Yeah, and remember she had so.
Speaker 3: For those who don't know, she's like obviously sitting on a chair or something, but she's uh covered up to her breasts with whipped cream and then a stylish dollop of whipped cream on the top of her head.
Speaker 4: Thank you, John, have a good evening.
Speaker 2: You two all right?
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven, one three eight two five five seven to one three talk and the whole spirit of less is more, you know, they they could have put are in something less, but it wouldn't be as attractive to the twelve year old boy set and everybody else as well.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick breather.
Speaker 3: When we get back, we'll go to the phones and talk to James up and Boulder. I'm John kel Derek you right here, six point thirty khow.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Making Sense out of the Senseless. I believe the next several years are going to see more things like Boulder, not less. My fear is that it's not going to be some lone agent, some weird guy who goes crazy with a weed sprayer full of gasoline, but several weird guys in coordination that have come over because of our open borders. Let's grab some of these calls. Let's go up to Bolder and talk to j James. Good afternoon, James, you're with John Caldera.
Speaker 6: You know it's good to hear you back online. You know, I'm surprised they let you back.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised they let me back.
Speaker 3: This is you know, you know they're in trouble when you hear me on the you know that the last of the lineup is up.
Speaker 6: Well, that's that's kind of my joke here. I came in seventy two, but I think that was before you were born or something like that.
Speaker 3: No, I was born in sixty four, so I was eight years old, and I have been in Colorado for at least a year or two by that point.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, that's good, that's good. I just I just I enjoy what you have to say, and you know, it just troubles me. And as I've watched Boulder over the years turn into what it is today.
Speaker 2: And how long have you lived in Boulder seventy two?
Speaker 3: All right, so let me ask you a couple questions. Because I love Boulder. I live in Bolder. I love what Boulder used to be. So when you were in Bolder, there was still a Republican congressman from Boulder.
Speaker 2: After Watergate, never again was.
Speaker 3: There a Republican congressman from Boulder, and it turned goofy liberal, which is fine. But my memory, and I remembered so well, was that Boulder was always goofy liberal. You'd find some Buddhist guys banging drums and walking around, and you had the no Uropa Institute.
Speaker 2: And all the rest, but it was not intolerant.
Speaker 3: It was still the home right down the street from the europe Institute of Soldier, of Fortune magazine and Paladin pressents.
Speaker 2: I taught you how to make bombs well.
Speaker 6: And you know what, and Beck I was in real estate and I rented property to these people. You know, it's still be living. It's like it wasn't any big deal. They were okay, they were, they were nice people.
Speaker 3: The goofy liberals that were in Bolder were they were socialists, but they weren't fascists. And over time Boulder has become such an intolerant place, such a hateful place that is so busy smelling their own flatulence. They don't understand how smug and elitist they are, and how they talk about their great diversity, intolerance and acceptance, unless, of course, you don't share their political views, or if you're a gun owner, or if you're Jewish.
Speaker 2: Or if you're black, you're not really welcome there.
Speaker 6: But you and I still live here.
Speaker 4: Why is that?
Speaker 3: Because part of it is like we were here first, and there's this.
Speaker 2: Part of this.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to let you chase me out of this town that is nestled into the foothills, that is still beautiful and I'm going to be here as a counterbalance to your intolerance. How's that for an answer.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Well, you know what, I'm the same way. It's just I keep my mouth shut to it's a certain degree, because why do.
Speaker 2: You keep your mouth shut?
Speaker 3: And by the way, I just had a deep conversation with a couple of psychotherapist or therapists who will not come out of the closet on their feelings on the damage that the trans agenda is doing to kids because they.
Speaker 2: Don't want to get canceled.
Speaker 3: They don't want to lose their license, and so their freedom to speak has been chilled, and they they're concerned about what's happening to kids who are kids who are hurting themselves in the name of life affirming surgery. But they feel they cannot speak because they will be punished, they will lose their livelihood. And you just said you don't speak out as much in Bolder. Now, mind you, I'm in a unique situation. I'm blessed to be paid to be a jerk. You know, I get to be the guy in Boulder that that.
Speaker 6: People throw it.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with that. I love listening to you.
Speaker 6: That's the whole reason about it.
Speaker 2: But what why are you?
Speaker 3: Why do you feel like you cannot be as open about your political views and Bolder?
Speaker 6: Because I run a business that's such that if it became a parent, it might screw myself up on being able to rent properties to the new people coming into town. It's about that simple. I just got to keep you shut up.
Speaker 3: And that's what I mean about the intolerance of Bolder, that people like you reasonably fear what would happen if you are true to yourself?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: So they do all this this great stuff that if your trans be true to yourself and will help you uh to surgery on your body, will be accepting.
Speaker 2: Of you if you if you're a lesbian, gay, Muslim, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: But if you are free market oriented, if you're a libertarian, if you're a conservative, if you're a gun owner, for God's sake, we will make your life hell. And you better keep it in the closet. That is the opposite of tolerance. And they don't see it.
Speaker 2: They refuse to see their intolerance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I agree with it, Jan. And you know, when I came here in seventy two, everything was cool. I got a couple of good stories about that. You know, I came on to this really nice what would you call her? A Spanish girl? And everybody said you shouldn't do that, and I said why and then you said blah blah blah blah blah. I he says, Oh, I'm from Philadelphia. That's because you're talking about black people. And I was like, are you kidding? What's going on here? So I'd learned my lessons, and what was the lesson was, Ish, don't try and be nice to Asian or Asian girls or whatever girls. Just just just be nicer and just don't be a bad boy like I was.
Speaker 3: You know, well you shouldn't be a bad boy anyway. I might not be understanding your story fully because it wasn't clear to me, but I'm kind of slow.
Speaker 6: Okay. It was more like when I was nice to a person.
Speaker 2: That and I thought you were hitting on a girl. Is that what I'm hearing?
Speaker 6: Yes, that's what I was hitting on a girl. And then she came back at me really harsh, and I didn't understand why. And then somebody explained to me.
Speaker 2: Why, because I thought, oh, because.
Speaker 3: She's a different race, because in Boulder, a se race, I got to run to a break.
Speaker 2: I'm John Caldera. Keep it right here. You're on six thirty k h ow.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Ringo Starr's son.
Speaker 3: Why so they're starting to fight like they used to back in the eighties when they didn't get along.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, but I mean, John, think about it.
Speaker 3: If you can put up with Keith Moon and his exactly for so long until the guy died well, and also one of the reasons if you recall, and this is getting a little nerdy. And by the way, I hope you hope David stay on the line, but I got to get this part out. When Kenny Jones became the replacement drummer for Keith Moon, it didn't sit well. Roger didn't like it, the lead singer didn't like it, and it didn't feel right. And when they found Zach Starsky, Rogers said it felt like Keith Moon was back in the group. Why because Ringo didn't really want his son Zach to be a drummer, so never really taught him how to play drums.
Speaker 2: Ooh showed him how to play drums.
Speaker 3: Uncle Keith Moon and so Mooney taught Zach how to play a bit, although Zach is a real drummer and Keith Moon was just crazy and so yeah, it just kind of stinks that, you know, Zach had been in the Who longer than Keith Moon at this point, that's right. Anyway, they're pushing like eighty five or eighty or something, and Roger is starting to lose his hearing, and so this is this is I mean, they've had a million final tours, but this one has got to be the final final tour, I gotta think. And last time I saw them here they are two old guys, the original two of Pete Townsend and and Roger Daltrey. They were better than I've ever heard them, even back when and Twistle was there. Although we missing Twistle the base wasn't wasn't the same, But as far as their two performances, man, they got better with age. It's it's unreal, just unreal to see these old guys. I saw an interview with Ringo Starr and he's going to be out on the road again with his all star band, which is a great way for him to do it.
Speaker 2: And the guy is how old does he take a guess? Eighty five years old.
Speaker 3: And still touring and still married to that hot babe Catherine Bach.
Speaker 2: How did we get on this? Oh?
Speaker 3: The Who I played? You played a WHO song. That's all it takes for me as that's that's head to the phones three oh three seven, one three eight two five five. David out in Boulder. Welcome you're with John Caldera.
Speaker 7: Love you here.
Speaker 8: I was great here, A great house I love. But you always had a little bit of spice to it and I got a preface. I love classic rock. But John, you're you're dating yourself talking about the Who about Boulder, just like everybody.
Speaker 9: But this is ninety seven.
Speaker 8: So I'm not a real veteran like you.
Speaker 9: But they complained in ninety seven about Boulder changing.
Speaker 8: They complained in.
Speaker 9: The odds about Boulder changing.
Speaker 4: They complained.
Speaker 8: You know, they're still complaining today and so yeah, you've had a little uh.
Speaker 2: Let me let me retort, and I think I will win this debate with this. Get off my lawn. I get off my lawn.
Speaker 8: For thirty years, so I know I love you and I love you. Know your texts on stuff becufuss are you like you don't you don't want to come off as grandpa all a sudden.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That's I wonder about that, especially when I'm when I'm griping about young people. How much is it it's a legitimate gripe, and how much of it is that it's just traditional hatred of the of the younger generation because you don't understand.
Speaker 9: The human nature, you know. I just so I'm trying to cat.
Speaker 8: Older boulder. But yeah, the other thing too, I do got to push back a little bit. Yeah, what everyone's.
Speaker 9: Talking though, so worried about the trans kids and all the trans surgery of them.
Speaker 8: Has any kid? I mean, how many kids.
Speaker 9: That have surgery? There aren't trans women, you.
Speaker 8: Know, fifteen years old, you know, getting their genitals cut off?
Speaker 4: This is not happening.
Speaker 2: Are they on hormon I know, I know, I know several.
Speaker 3: I know of several girls who have had breast removal surgery, and I know a ton of kids who are on hormone therapies that will do do long term damage. Now, mine you that may or may not be the right thing for them, But when they're doing it before their age of consent, I do worry on their behalf. My biggest worry about the trans movement is not.
Speaker 2: Is not that.
Speaker 3: What I worry about is the attack on truth and the attack on free speech.
Speaker 2: And let's assume we're talking about adults here.
Speaker 3: Let's forget about the indoctrination, which I think is certainly happening in schools. But assume that you know, some thirty year old guy wants to identifies as she.
Speaker 2: More power to him.
Speaker 3: But I mean that as sincerely as possible. But that doesn't mean that I have to call that person she, because objectively, his chromosomes haven't changed, his genitals haven't changed. He's still a man. He's a man who thinks he's a woman, and that's fine. But the truly fascist movement that is the trans movement will punish you if you're not using the right speed. And so House Bill was at twelve thirteen twelve is now making it an act of discrimination to misgender somebody. So by law, I am forced to use to lie, and more accurately, people in work situations have to lie to keep their jobs or also they'll be sent up to HR for using the wrong pronouns. And that's what I find so repugnant about this movement is that it attacks our free speech and tries to dictate how we should think.
Speaker 2: And that's dangerous.
Speaker 3: Whether any government that controls speech, is in any movement that punishes people for the words.
Speaker 2: They use, I think is a danger. Am I wrong?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 9: In a work environment, you don't truly have freedom of speech. You can call out homosexual, transgender person, someone on their race who can't get away with any of those things in a word.
Speaker 2: Look at look at Jack Phillips.
Speaker 3: Guys like Jack Phillips, and Jack Phillips almost lost his business because of speech controls. That's wrong. And people, Yeah, I understand if it's a if it's a company, and you got to do what the company says, but think about the position you are putting a person in when you say, in this company, we refer to these men as women.
Speaker 2: And if you don't, you'll get fired.
Speaker 3: So you've got to choose between telling the truth, lying and feeding your family. You've got to choose should I should I lie? And I got to go home tonight and tell my kid not to lie. But I'm going to work and I am lying in order to keep my job. That just destroys people's minds and souls. And I think it is it is wrong. Yeah, I get it. When you answer the phone, you're gonna say hello, welcome to iHeart, and that's what you're doing.
Speaker 2: If you don't, you're gonna get fired.
Speaker 3: But to deny reality and be forced to do that as a matter of employment, I think is devious and dangerous.
Speaker 8: I mean, if you were a spouse in a flat earth theory or something along those lines in a real contentious and.
Speaker 9: An aggressive way at work, it would show negatively against you and you would probably you know.
Speaker 3: But that's exactly what the Trans movement to get is. The Trans movement is a flat earth theory. They're saying that people with x Y chromosomes don't have x y chromosomes.
Speaker 8: That is, they don't feel like they're in the right body. You're talking different things.
Speaker 3: You're done right, right, But here's the thing, Yes, they feel like they're in the I agree with that. That's not the issue. The issue is controlling my speech. And it's not like saying, hey, this is Bob. Bob thinks he's a woman. Great, that's a descriptive. But to say she makes me lie. It makes me have to accept somebody else's belief structure, that his belief of who he is Trump's my belief of what language should be and what reality is. Why does his right to his delusion trump my right to free speech?
Speaker 2: And I'd like an answer to that.
Speaker 9: This is about being civil in society and especially in a workplace. You have to be civil to your people.
Speaker 8: And you know what if you have somebody that's not making it away?
Speaker 9: Like I said, what about what?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 9: Whoa whoa?
Speaker 6: Whoa?
Speaker 2: Whoa? What about that person? What?
Speaker 3: What about that person being civil to me? Don't I have some expectation of being respected as well? What about my right to be who I am?
Speaker 2: And I am a person?
Speaker 3: When I see one person cannot say they because they're not two of them?
Speaker 2: What gives Why is it that they.
Speaker 3: Have that right and I have to bow to their sensitivities. They don't have to bow to my sensitivities, which is free speech. I'm not saying you cannot, you cannot identify as a woman. I'm not saying that. I'm saying you cannot force my speech. Why do they Why does their sensitivity trump my right to free speech? And yes, you say civil because there are two there are only two responses to this. If you refuse to use the words we choose. You are either mean or you are ignorant. Well, I'm neither mean or a right. So give me a quick answer, because I got to take a break.
Speaker 2: Why, Why does? Why does? Why does? And heng on? Let me get the question out.
Speaker 3: Why does their sensitivity trump my right of free speech?
Speaker 8: There's a lot of.
Speaker 9: Words around religion, race, sexuality, things like that that you cannot use in public.
Speaker 2: And that's not an answer. Let me try it again. I have a protected right to say anything I want.
Speaker 3: About race, religion, and anything else, and I can be judged for that as being a jerk. Answer the question directly, why does their sensitivity trump my right to free speech?
Speaker 9: Your right to free speech does not let you do it. Your musically have the right to lose your job if you use it the wrong way?
Speaker 3: Right, Why is there a law saying I cannot have free speech? Tell me why there's a law about misgendering, which means that I have to take away my free speech for their sensitivity.
Speaker 2: Tell me why that should be.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's the same thing. There's a lot of laws to it about using certain racial speech that you can't use in public.
Speaker 3: That's a law, of course, you can do. I have every right to use every racial slur I.
Speaker 8: Like you can, but then you can't work there anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about work. Try this again. Focus, Focus, Focus.
Speaker 3: We just passed a law on the state legislature saying misgendering is a hate crime. That is an act of legal discrimination. The government says, I cannot use those words. So why is their sensitivity now legally trumps my right to free speech? Tell me why that is correct and why that's right. Focus on the question.
Speaker 8: I'm feeling your I'm feeling your question.
Speaker 3: You're giving an answer it, but it's the freaking law.
Speaker 2: Answer it. The laws and the.
Speaker 9: Way they're set up.
Speaker 8: You could say anyone by yourself and your family with a bunch of fellow traveler.
Speaker 3: Oh so my right to free speech in public has now been curtailed. Why don't you just say that this is a vicious violation of the First Amendment and it is offensive to everything.
Speaker 2: We hold.
Speaker 9: Because there is no absolute right to free spae, all right, So we can control what other people say, all right?
Speaker 3: So when I get enough people and we pass the law saying that you cannot use the word African American, you have to use the N word then you'll be okay with that too, for the same reason I got a break. But you need to take these things turn them one hundred and eighty degrees, and if you don't support it going the other way, then you know a law is immoral.
Speaker 2: Back after this.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplis show podcast.
Speaker 3: Really is frustrating, and you see it when the cognitive dissident that happens around free speech and the trans issue. He could not answer why the law should be that a trans person's sensitivity trumps my right to free speech, and then he started speaking some errors. Well you can't say racist stuff. No, there's no law that says you can't say racist stuff. In fact, there's a freaking amendment that says you can. The ACLU went to court to protect neo Nazis, ridiculous racists thoughts and their right to express them.
Speaker 2: But here in Colorado, misgendering is a crime.
Speaker 3: This is so wrong in any liberal person, I mean that in the classic way should be offended by this.
Speaker 2: This is dangerous.
Speaker 3: And my one hundred and eighty degree test is, well, what if it went the other way, What if a bunch of people said no, no, no, you cannot use this term. You have to use the N word instead, even though it offends people. Well, then our last caller would have to accept that gratefully because.
Speaker 2: That's that's the law. Say no, no, no, that's not the way this works.
Speaker 3: I find this highly offensive, and I'm tired of being called anti trans when I'm very pro trans. Just give me my right to free speech and leave our kids alone.
Speaker 2: Let's see if we can sneak in, Jerry.
Speaker 3: Jerry, we got like thirty seconds, so you're gonna have to make it really.
Speaker 7: Fast, okay, John, A couple of things. So your last caller said that there were not many surgeries for trans surgery for cosmetic or esthetics. There's three clinics just in Cherry Creek that averaged two surgeries a day. So just those clinics in Cherry Creek gold are two thousand. The majority of those surgeries are under eighteen.
Speaker 2: That is dangerous.
Speaker 3: By the way, my last column, and you can read it on Complete Colorado, is now we have to pay for those surgeries, but straight people don't. So in other words, if you're trans, you get this for free. If you're not trans, you have to pay for your own cosmetic surgery.
Speaker 2: Go figure the fairness there. I'm John Caldera. Keep it here. You're on KHW