Speaker 1: Welcome aboard bus one. We're on the way to four Corners, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado. We've got some time to kill. Let's do some trivia. Passengers, introduce yourselves.
Speaker 2: What's up, everybody?
Speaker 3: It's aiden greeting's fellow humans. My name is Calvin.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, I'm pumped to be here.
Speaker 5: WHOA?
Speaker 2: You didn't have to show us up like that?
Speaker 1: And I'm Stephen and I'm so excited to be here. Now. I will say, we're gonna be doing things a little differently today. That's right, We're gonna be doing things a little differently. We're gonna be doing things a little differently.
Speaker 2: Oh shit said three times?
Speaker 1: Three times?
Speaker 2: How different?
Speaker 1: What's the most popular New York Times game that isn't the crossword or.
Speaker 2: The word or Sudoku tiles.
Speaker 1: That's right, it's Connections Today. Instead of they're being a set overall topic, we're gonna combine the game of Connections with our previous stick. How do you all feel about that?
Speaker 2: I love Connections. I have now played today's Connections. Should we speed round the Connections today?
Speaker 1: Bonus content? That's bonus content boco for non existent patreonk but you know, let's explain how I'm going to stick those two together, because I feel like that deserves some explanation.
Speaker 2: Yes, please.
Speaker 1: So this time there's going to be four rounds with four questions each. As per you know connections, there's sixteen items. Questions in round one are worth one point, Rounds two and three are worth two points, and round four questions are worth three points. So we're just adding an extra round worth two points. What I know, I know, it's not what.
Speaker 2: The round number doesn't correspond to the point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's gonna we're gonna be in a weird world after on round three and after no buzzer for questions and no challenge rules, so you don't have to worry about any fake answers. But that's because we're doing the new connections rule. The connection between all the questions for each round will be a mystery. Your goal is to guess what the theme for each round is before the other players. The topic for each individual question should be fairly obvious, and I will plainly state the topic for each question at the beginning. You can guess the connection at any time, and in order to guess the connection, you have to buzz in. So that's how we're using the buzzer today. If you correct, if you correctly guess the connection, and I'll give it to you if you're close enough. So don't worry if it's like the wording's slightly off, you will earn the points that Getting two questions correct in that round will give you plus one. Guessing the topic in round one will earn you three points. I know, extra numbers. You all hate numbers. Rounds two and three are five points and rounds four a whopping seven points. Wow, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you brought on certified number hater Sucres onto the number.
Speaker 4: I haven't looked at number in years.
Speaker 1: He's all about those letters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sucu's so far and met that it's only letters and he can't bear the thought of a number.
Speaker 1: You'll get one shot to guess the connection per round, though, so you better, you know, use your opportunity wisely.
Speaker 4: So what if none of us get it?
Speaker 1: Well, then no one gets those extra points and I'll be disappointed in you.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I can't bear the thought of that.
Speaker 1: So I guess to give an example. Question one is about orange or oranges? You know I might do some tricky wordplay. Question two is about key lime pie. Question three is about gators. Question four is about Disney World. The connection there would be Aiden, Florida. Yeah, that would be.
Speaker 2: It, so you would have earned So it's the two times the round we're in, so zero yeah, plus one, so I get one point for one point.
Speaker 1: Ye, and I'm taking away your point from being a smart alec. But Aiden, also if you guess things from things from Florida or just Florida or things associated with Florida, you would have also gotten this point.
Speaker 2: So okay, cool, cool, cool, no.
Speaker 1: Outside resources other than what's in your noggin. And then whoever has the most points will win and will earn the respect of Jonathan Knight, the head of the games at New York Times. Wow, and he's promised me that he'll be at the Four Corners Monument.
Speaker 2: Oh you texted.
Speaker 1: Him, Yeah, I texted him. He should be there, so hopefully we make it there on time.
Speaker 2: Any questions can't say that I do.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I have no idea how this is going to work out. You're all my little guinea pigs. So let's go ahead and get round one started.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: So right now we're in New Mexico, circling in on the Four Corners Monument, starting off round one. Question one. January is probably my least favorite month. You're out of the holiday season and it's the coldest month of the year. It feels like the darkest month of the year. January just sucks. But there are several things to celebrate during the month of January. Which of the following is not a national monthly observance for January? Is it a National CBD Month, B National Slow Cooking Month, C National Braille Literacy Month, or D National drunk and drug it Driving Prevention Month.
Speaker 2: Mm?
Speaker 1: Which one of those is not a national monthly observance.
Speaker 2: For feel like slow cooking has to be in cold season? Yeah, right, that makes that'd be weird if it wasn't.
Speaker 1: What was a A was CBD month.
Speaker 2: It'd be so weird if it was CBD month and anti drug driving and drug and driving.
Speaker 1: So those things are opposed to each other, it might just work. Or maybe someone like submitted if one of those other ones is like protest.
Speaker 3: MM, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 1: I can't support anti drunk driving. I've gotta support I've gotta make CBD month for January.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say Braille Literacy month.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the one that doesn't have a connection for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't connected any dots.
Speaker 3: I think I'll go ahead and say CBD month because I feel like that has to be for twenty right.
Speaker 1: Well, you can go the same one, Okay, CBD, but you can go the same one if you'd like.
Speaker 5: I will go CBD as well. I can't imagine they would put CB on a different month than for.
Speaker 1: Twenty Well, unfortunately none, if you got it right. The National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month, when's that that's actually observed during December? I was a little tricky right next to it? Yeah, I guess people are driving drunk during holiday season January?
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh yeah, go ahead. So is the connection point national Drunk and Drug and Driving Awareness Month or is it January?
Speaker 1: January? That's the connection?
Speaker 2: So okay, okay, keep.
Speaker 1: That in mind. January is also the National Bath Safety Month, Blood Donor Month, Mentoring month, Menudo month, Oatmeal Month, Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month, Soup Month, Sunday Supper Month, hot tea month, hobby month, and National Black Diamond month. I hope this gives you a little bit of a deeper appreciation for January.
Speaker 2: It's soup and slow cooking month and oatmeal and oatmeal and taua wow, so cram and all the.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I guess you want to enjoy it.
Speaker 5: I guess it makes sense to have oatmeal and soup have a distinction, even though like one should be a subset of the other.
Speaker 2: Technically, oatmeal and soup, I disagree, is its own food group.
Speaker 4: You don't think oatmeal.
Speaker 5: I think oatmeal is soup, But like when you think soup, you don't think oatmeal, So it warrants having its own Oh, I feel like.
Speaker 1: Soup has to have a broth, and what's the broth and oatmeal milk or.
Speaker 2: Whatever they It's like it's all coagulated. Oatmeal is one substance. One well, soup isn't one substance, right, Like you have a bowl of chicken noodle soup. You're not like there's bits to that. There's layers to this ship.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, carrots in the soup and there's chicken and noodles oatmeal. You're not like, ah, yes, I'm gonna pick my oats out of my milk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, yeah, sure, not picking up? Okay, I'm came to that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Nice, I know that was hard for.
Speaker 1: You to admit, Suecres question two. Source is the beloved three D game engine developed by Valve, succeeding the Gold Source Engine in two thousand and four, which was essentially just a heavily modified version of the original Quake engine. Source was used in many iconic games, just as Half Life two, TF two, Left for Dead two, Portal two, Titan Fall two, and some other games that don't have a two in the title.
Speaker 2: Oh Okay.
Speaker 1: Like its predecessor, shared many similarities with the Quake engine. Which of the following ways is the original two thousand and four release of the source engine. Different from the Quake engine m m A, the Source engine uses mesh based geometry as opposed to brush entities used in Quake one. B. The Source engine utilizes skeletal animation, moving away from Vertex animation model from Quake one. SEE. The source engine uses pre baked light maps and viz leaves to optimize rendering, greatly improving performance in major and a major development over Quake one or D. The source engine got rid of many physics quirks from the Quake engine, such as bunny hopping and ramp sliding.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that one because I knew when you started talking about Quake, I was like, couldn't you go up to like infinite speed in the original Quake game? It was like so broken. So I'll say the last one. Mm hmm, Okay, that's the only thing I know about that of everything you.
Speaker 1: Said Quake, that is like the defining thing about like the Quake games is the movement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good reason, thanks Steven.
Speaker 5: I Yeah, I think I'll also say that one because that's the one that doesn't seem like it's an It's not necessarily an improvement, but it's like getting rid of something that's broken, you know, like if you can't control how the movement is buggy or whatever or whatever this is. I've never seen Quake gameplay, but that seems like, you know, instead of improving something, you're mitigating something that could be poorly done.
Speaker 4: So I'm also going to say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Calvin, are you gonna agree or are you gonna divide the group?
Speaker 3: See these guys really make it sound like they know what they're talking about and so I'm really as well. But I also am a big fan of score separation, so I will go I think with B the skeletal animation or whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, and that'll give you the points.
Speaker 2: Calvin, nice Calvin.
Speaker 1: All those other things aren't true. So the Source engine is quite popular because it's physics. So a lot of the other Source games I mentioned they have remaining quirks from the Quake engine, especially as it is released. Source engine is quite popular because it's physics movement, relative ease of development and modeling, the openness of development, and because it's the engine used in many popular games. So even the modern Source two engine still has lines of code pulled directly from Quake one, which was released in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, cal I just have to say, I absolutely love your shirt today. I know we're coming hot off the fashion episode, so I'm just like mad points.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, it's very nice. Question three always before question three source, what's our connection point?
Speaker 1: Yes, physics, en. So the first word is the for all of these is the connection is like the word guy.
Speaker 4: Yeakay, So do we consider the word source or do we consider source as in the game engine.
Speaker 1: It could be either. So remember for the example, I use oh, okay.
Speaker 2: Aden early shot, okay, January and source. I'm just gonna say things that are first here in the first round, I'll.
Speaker 1: Give it to you. So the connection for round one was humble beginnings.
Speaker 2: That's so good.
Speaker 1: So I could help myself. So that is three points. Yep, you got three points there, so stupid.
Speaker 2: That's very good.
Speaker 1: You got a question too, so that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had to take an early shot, you know, got gotta flex my mechanical muscles here, so.
Speaker 1: Now you'll see question three. Eggs were a hot topic last year due to the high prices primarily caused by the Avian flu outbreak. Thankfully, egg prices have dropped down, but some states were more affected by the outbreak than others. What state produces the most eggs? Is it A Idaho, b Iowa, c Indiana, d Ohio, or e Texas.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's a numbers game and it's just land area. I'm going Texas.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna go Iowa.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, let's get three different answers here, and one of us is right score differentiation.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Calvin is sticking to his guns with the score differentiation, and he's being rewarded because Ohio, Iowa was until recently the king of ex sucrit.
Speaker 2: You were you were almost there, oh interesting.
Speaker 1: Ohio has recently just barely overtaken it. So they both produce around one point one billion eggs annually, followed by Indiana producing nine hundred and sixty million annually. Then Texas is further down the list of five hundred and thirty three million, and then Idaho isn't even on the major producer of eggs. I just included it because of Napoleon Dynamite. There's a farm in that movie.
Speaker 2: Calvin, be honest, you moved to Ohio recently, right.
Speaker 3: I was actually born in Ohio, moved to Indiana, and now in living in Ohio again?
Speaker 2: Are you are you raising chickens? Did you put them over the edged?
Speaker 3: I won't reveal my secrets inside insider knowledge.
Speaker 1: Well, Kelvin is a bird lawyer. He doesn't know a thing or two about eggs. Question four. Genesis is the first chapter of the Bible. A lot of stuff happens Genesis, to say the least, arrange these events as they occur chronologically. Seven events for the seven days of Creation.
Speaker 2: Oh hell yeah, Oh, this is such.
Speaker 1: A good question. So in the order they appear in the Bible, I try to arrange them. A. God creates the sun. You may want to write these down because there's seven b God creates vegetation. C. The Tower of Babel is built. D Noah builds the arc E. Lot's wife turns into a pillar of salt. F. Cain murders Abel or g Well, I guess not Org, but a ge. Joseph is sold into slavery.
Speaker 2: Technical or dream coach Joseph.
Speaker 1: It's that Joseph, right, Yeah, Joseph of Genesis.
Speaker 2: Nice Joseph.
Speaker 1: Hey, no, jos there anyone knows Joseph the amazing technical or dream.
Speaker 3: I do my family? Actually, we did like a medley of songs for a talent show this years and years ago.
Speaker 1: And you had a performing family.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so I've got five siblings. Both my parents are musicians, and my siblings are all musical too, So they called us the family. I'm probably doxing myself here on this.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, but I'm loving this.
Speaker 1: I love a musical family. That's cute.
Speaker 4: Did these did these things happen? On days one through seven.
Speaker 1: No, these are just the one through seven are all the creation ones, So creation of the sun and creation in a vegetation or somewhere there. Yeah, seven days, I guess to reveal those two. But no, these are all just in the chapter Genesis, which is quite eventful.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if let there be light and creating the sun or the same things.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you think came first, vegetation or the sun?
Speaker 2: That's so hard, Stephen salt wife, salt wife, salt, I have no clue where salt life goes. That's the first I'm hearing about that one.
Speaker 5: So how is just going to be evaluated? It's like for every position that something is correct.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I got something, And if it's like, you know, if the numbers are tied, then I'll say who's closer to the correct order, just based off of like mental mental, So unfortunately I don't have an algorithm for this. I have a few, but if I'm hoping the numbers are going to be closest, you're going to be pretty close or a good idea.
Speaker 3: My answers to.
Speaker 2: Okay, something something firmament something something, you know what I'm saying I guess, so yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm ready. I don't think I can get better.
Speaker 2: Than whatever I have, not with that head.
Speaker 1: We only you'll give it your best shot. So, uh, Aiden, why don't you start us off?
Speaker 2: All right? I'm gonna say light aka sun, which I don't think is the same thing, but I'm saying it anyway. And something something fermaments something something, Then vegetation, then canaan Abel first murder right then assault wife that happened at some point, Tower Babbel, then Tower Babbel went so bad he was like time to flood the world, flood the world that's not as hard. And then finally it's technical or dream coat time.
Speaker 6: Baby, Go go Joe, Go go Okay, go go Jim.
Speaker 1: I'll keep track of your score. Calvin, how about you?
Speaker 3: I started off pretty similar to Aiden, but then we diverge. So I'm starting with creation of the Sun, creation of vegetation, Kane versus Abel. First murder, Lot's wife being turned into salt or or track. Then I have Noah's Ark, then Joseph being sold into slavery, and then finally the Tower of Babel.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then Sucris. Let's hear your answer.
Speaker 4: My first two are the same.
Speaker 5: I have a Christian of the Sun, Christian of vegetation, and then came to Abel and then I went, okay, that was so bad. We got to flood everything, so as Noah's Ark and then Tower of Babel, you know, like the phoenix rising from the ashes, and then I have the lots of wife, pillar of salt, and then just being sold to slavery.
Speaker 1: Sucris. You actually got the most so good.
Speaker 4: Wow, how many did I get it?
Speaker 1: You got five out of the seven?
Speaker 4: Two of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's actually the first two or the incorrect ones. Vegetation came before the son in.
Speaker 5: I remember the sun was created on the fourth day, but I didn't remember when vegetation was created.
Speaker 1: Vegetation came before. Yeah, vegetation, son canaan Abel, Noah's Ark, Tower of Babel, uh Lot's Wife turning into salt Akam and Gomorrah. That's where that comes from. And then Joseph sold into slavery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so recent. They wrote a musical about it. What are we going to see the salt wife musical?
Speaker 1: I don't think a Sodom and Gomorah musical would go over well. But let's do a quick point check. How many connection points are you rocking?
Speaker 2: I got the three for making the connection and that's pretty.
Speaker 3: Much and that's pretty good, though I've only got two points.
Speaker 5: Okay, I have one, but it's a strong one.
Speaker 2: It is a very strong one.
Speaker 1: That was it was a strong commanding one.
Speaker 2: I see what you did there.
Speaker 1: So round two. Coincidentally, we just crossed the state lines in the Colorado. We're circling in closer to the monument, and I guess that means you'll earn twice as many points as before. That also means a new connection. And then written here, I have only make this joke. If you're really brave.
Speaker 2: We'll make it and when can cut it out?
Speaker 1: If yeah, But before we start this round, I'd like to have everyone wish a happy birthday to my favorite streamer, Pokemde. Happy birthday, Pokemon. Come on, guys, Hey, you better wish Pokemon a happy birthday, right now, Come on, guys, Happy birthday.
Speaker 4: Pokemon, Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: If you give me twenty guesses, I would have never come up with that.
Speaker 1: I just loved a celebrity birthday. And then the day this episode is coming out, how old A couple of years. You know, I got the Pokemon during the pandemic, during those classic uh among Us days.
Speaker 2: Of course I catch it.
Speaker 3: I always stop Pokemon. Isn't that the game where you're trying to catch them all?
Speaker 2: Gotta catch them all?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's where she gets her name from?
Speaker 2: Whoa happy protection for this round?
Speaker 1: Poke sending it right now? Okay, we can cut that if if it's too embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Stephen, are you single? Maybe, hey, pokey, Stephen might be single.
Speaker 4: Pokey, man, you have a Tier three sub who's waiting for you.
Speaker 1: This sucks. This sucks.
Speaker 4: Look at him, he's so bash.
Speaker 1: Faced.
Speaker 3: That's just listening to the podcast. Stephen's face turned so red?
Speaker 1: No, stop stop.
Speaker 4: What if she sees this, guys.
Speaker 1: Don't share it with her.
Speaker 2: I'm heavily considering. I let me tell this joke. If you're brave, immediately cut.
Speaker 6: To the.
Speaker 1: Question five blue so opposite of red blue? I guess not opposite of reread that would be orange.
Speaker 2: It is pokemon.
Speaker 1: Blue food dye is used in a lot more products than I realized. Canned vegetables are often packed with blue food dye to make them appear more fresh, and it's used in all sorts of cosmetics, drugs, and candies. There are only two approved blue food dyetes in the US currently. Indigo carmine aka Blue number two, is an organic salt derived from indigo. What is blue number one, the more common blue food dye derived from Is it a copper sulfates plus nitric acid B coal tar plus titanium dioxide see benzi sulfonic acid plus alanic acid or d potassium hydroxide plus bone ash.
Speaker 2: No way, Blue one is made out of bone ash. Dude, look me in the eye and tell me. Tell me that straight.
Speaker 1: Up blue one potassium hydroxide, bone ash. Think about it.
Speaker 2: I didn't even see a flicker of dishonesty in that.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm stone cold like that.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're stone cold like that. I'm saying the copper one.
Speaker 4: Is that the first one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think I'm gonna say the second one because it doesn't have acid in it and it's not made from bones or whatever.
Speaker 4: I think that's safe.
Speaker 1: That's a good, that's a good, that's fair. But you think it's made of coal tar and titanium dioxide.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that tracks actually, no, you're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think no matter what it's made with the ingredient. That doesn't sound appetizing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. I will stick with I locked it in. I'm not going to take it back.
Speaker 2: How often is blue one used anymore?
Speaker 3: A lot if you're a quarterback in the NFL. I think it's used on pretty much every single play, Like nice cow. Blue one.
Speaker 2: Thinks that was good, dude.
Speaker 1: That's why. That's why we keep them around. That's why we have to kick them out of them. As long as you keep coming up with bangers like that, we're not kicking you off of bus one.
Speaker 3: God, I always had a seat. I think bon ash might be crazy enough. I just would. I think it might be crazy enough, so I'll lock in d the potassium bone ash whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, the correct answer is benzene sulfonic acid plus an acid, so none of you got it. Who cares benzene sulfonic acid is boring to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, Sorry to our benzien sulfonic acid listeners out.
Speaker 1: There, you are not invited onto my oil episode.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 1: Both Blue one and two are set to be phased out of use in the US by the end of twenty twenty six, so it's very in favor of they're going out two, along with all other petroleum based food dies such as the beloved red forty No.
Speaker 4: Not forty. Diet is going to die.
Speaker 2: Out then, yes, you're good. You have to read die forty max before they discontinue it.
Speaker 4: That's tragic.
Speaker 5: I go sock pile up from me and generations to come, just so we have it for the apocalypse.
Speaker 2: So they don't forget the legends because like Mountain dew code red still use red die forty. Okay, I'm just going.
Speaker 4: To trench code open. Hey red forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to keep blood red somehow, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Do you ever wonder what happened to reds one through thirty nine?
Speaker 2: Don't ask that question, Calvin. Yeah, that's how they got that. Yeah, we don't talk about episodes recently.
Speaker 5: He asked it too many times, thirty nine times actually, and then he's gone.
Speaker 2: Now he's gone. It's like that. All the like scientists that have gone missing, they all have something to do with the red dyes.
Speaker 1: As I mentioned, there's only two approved blue food dies and both of them are getting banned, So what will replace them?
Speaker 7: Who knows the unapproved ones going to be like blue food die about Yeah, yeah, I guess the dealers will be making a comeback, So okay.
Speaker 1: Blue for that one question. Six swords are iconic weapons that have been used, Aiden, it has to be Pokemon. I'm sorry, Aiden, that is incorrect.
Speaker 4: But I'm wondering what the logic was there.
Speaker 2: Pokemon blue and red, Pokemon sword and shield. And then he also said poke.
Speaker 4: Actually I didn't even consider that. That's good.
Speaker 1: But you know, that's the risk of buzzing into the risk of buzzing in early sometimes use context. I do respect that, guest, though, swords are iconic weapons that have been used for thousands of years all over the world. Which of the following facts about the use of swords and actual combat is not true? A Swords were usually only sharpened on one edge of the blade, with the other side being quite dull. B Pirate cutlasses were often made with brass fittings, and the blades were covered with oil constantly to resist the salty sea air. See. Swords were universally among the rarest weapons to encounter on the battlefield, as they were very expensive and required a lot of training to use effectively. Deep As the medieval era progressed, swords became thicker and larger, heavier, almost bludgeting force. Weapons were much more effective against the increasingly larger.
Speaker 2: Plating, which is not true.
Speaker 1: Which is which is not true?
Speaker 4: What was the first one?
Speaker 1: Again, swords were usually only sharpened on one edge of the blade, with the other side being dull.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's like depends on the sword.
Speaker 5: I mean I because I also think, you know, like they only have so much wetstone or whatever.
Speaker 2: I think it's D because I believe as the medieval period went on, armor got less and less popular because of the rise of gunpowder. So I think it went the opposite way.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with I'm gonna go with D. But I think because bigger swords are just.
Speaker 5: Like less dexterous, Like you can't even though they hit harder, they're just harder to swing, so you'd want to go lighter or something else.
Speaker 3: And there's a lot of good logic here. I know, I've gotten thicker and larger, but.
Speaker 1: That's good has gotten Jecked was doing the sound for that one while the thuds.
Speaker 3: But I feel like as like things improve over time, like the manufacturing process of a sword, like you need less material so I think I'll go ahead and locking D as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're all locking in D and that is correct.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: So, as the medieval era progressed, swords got skinnier and came to a finer tip because swords became more specialized towards digging into the weak points of armor as armor got more effective, it's kind of the opposite reason. Instead of bludgeoning, they were trying to get the weak point. All the other things are true, so they were pretty rare. Most people were carrying hammers, clubs, and spears, which were basically modified tools and farm equipment. Sharpening blades will really shorten the shelf life of a sword, and as I mentioned, swords are expensive, but you need to sharpen it to be effective, so they would just do it on one side. Question seven. Cats are awesome. I love cats. I wish I had some cats have incredible senses. They can see in one fifth the light required by humans. They can hear ultrasonic sounds up to sixty five kilohertz, and the cat's nose has two hundred million cent receptors, which is forty times more than people. A bunch of free facts for you all, there.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Steve.
Speaker 1: Their sense of taste, however, is not as good. Cats have fewer than five hundred taste buds and cannot taste what a sweet, b spicy, c salty, or D sour?
Speaker 2: Hmmm, ooh interesting, I'm trying. Ooh, that is interesting, sweet, spicy, salty, sour mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I think I'll go ahead and lock in sour. I know. I think on the human tongue, sour is like the very tip of our tongue. And I feel like if you're lacking taste buds, like you're naturally gonna have fewer taste buds there on the tip. Soka, good lunch.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say, I'm going to say salty because I don't think it's sweet, because they like milk, and milk milk is like probably sweet or whatever compared like other tastes.
Speaker 4: And I don't know, I have a feeling like they would know spicy. I don't know, but if.
Speaker 1: You feed the pepper, I feel like this. I think they think they would, Yeah, you'd.
Speaker 4: Think so that it's a fifty to fifty. I just don't think they you know, salty, really, I.
Speaker 2: Just think of a lot of caffeine so I'm trying to think of, like, evolutionarily, what taste do you not need?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: And I feel like it's sour, So I feel like bitter warns you against like poisonous stuff. But I don't think you need sour. So I'm gonna I'm gonna do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Calvin said, Okay, the correct answer is actually sweet?
Speaker 2: Interesting?
Speaker 4: Wow? Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cats can't taste sweet? Poor cats, Poor cats. That's all I had written for that one. No sugar for you question. And remember, Blue Sword Cat Saw is a movie franchise I don't like very much, but I can acknowledge that at least started out as a good idea. And like many innovative horror movies, it was really cheap to film. James Band and Lee Wonell received only a little over one million to film the first movie. Price Is Right?
Speaker 4: Rules?
Speaker 1: How many days did it take? The film the entire first movie?
Speaker 2: Oh? Shit? Prices right? Rules?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Again? Over something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you go over, you can't get it.
Speaker 2: Movies do take longer to film than you think, unless they were just so good and got it all on the first take.
Speaker 4: Yes, Saw One, like how many tracks words? Saw One?
Speaker 3: And really you're gonna just run out of actors if like you're killing so many, like exactly.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. The thing people don't know is they actually killed all the actors on Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was real. That was the most effective way to film it. They did it for real.
Speaker 3: I'll say I'll go ahead and lock in first. I'll say thirteen.
Speaker 1: Oh, what an auspicious number.
Speaker 2: I love that use of auspicious. Stephen, I'm going to say five. I say it took him a solid work week. Your single location.
Speaker 5: I think I'm gonna say seven because I think in a single work week, I think there's no way.
Speaker 4: But I still want to keep it low because it's in days.
Speaker 1: The correct answer is eighteen, So I'm giving it to Calvin points nice Calvin, So, I mean eighteen is still extremely short for a moment. Yeah, And if you've ever seen the original Saw, most of it's shot inside of a tiny room, so they probably banged out most of the scenes there in like one day. You'd think the first Saw film grows one hundred and four million worldwide and it only cost a little over a million to film. So I spawned the franchise that eventually became the Slop It is today. Any guesses for what the theme is the cats saw?
Speaker 4: How long do we get because I do want Tom all over this for a bit.
Speaker 2: I'll give you much time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will give you, guys, twenty seconds if you can't make the connection, and then you have to guess.
Speaker 3: Hmmm. I don't think this is right. But the only thing I can come up with is like sharp things like cats have claws, saws are sharp, swords are sharp? Blue is it looks pretty sharp if I'm wearing it?
Speaker 2: So I like that good line.
Speaker 8: So that is the one thing I have is either like cobalt or's steel or something steel or like I don't know, like cobalt blue is like.
Speaker 5: A shade of blue or something right, And I don't know if their materials used for swords or.
Speaker 4: Saws or anything. But I don't know anything to do with cats.
Speaker 1: So looks like said Calvin, looks like he just thought of it. What do you think it is? Calvin?
Speaker 3: Oh, well, almost convinced me. Oh okay, But they produce saws, right, Yeah, blue is a shade of cobalt. Cobalt yeah, us unfortune, I just don't know.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look The connection for round two is types of fish fish, catfish, sawfish.
Speaker 4: Dang should have known it's a Stephen stephen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Unfortunately, I'm a little disappointed in you guys for not getting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sad I didn't see sawfish because sawfish is a bingo. I've missed and scrabbles so many times. You would think I would see this by now. You never learned sawfish and or fish. I always missed those, and they're.
Speaker 4: On my rack.
Speaker 1: You know, you guys should hope that I don't tell Jonathan Knight about this.
Speaker 2: I'm so yeah, Please don't, Steve.
Speaker 1: Well, it looks like we're in Utah. Coincidentally, this cannot be the quickest route to four Corners Monument. I hope Jonathan is still there by the time we arrive.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 1: You know, I've heard that if we get through the trivia quicker, we get to our destination quicker. I think that's just how it works.
Speaker 2: This is what I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. AnyWho, remember you're still getting two points for each question. Speaking of which, question nine apples are an stier fruit. Part of the reason why is because there are more than seven five hundred varieties of apples, all with different flavors, textures, and use cases. I'm going to name the common names of eight varieties of apples. Two of them are fake. You get to pick the two you think are fake, and for each one you get right, you'll get two points.
Speaker 2: These questions so much.
Speaker 1: I love I love writing these questions.
Speaker 2: It's infuriating, all right.
Speaker 1: A Ball's fatten, b broad eyed, pippin, no see, cheese, d Democrat two, the number two E doctor Hogg spelled h O g G F freedom, g golden goon or h green colon seek no further.
Speaker 2: These are real.
Speaker 1: Six of these are.
Speaker 2: Honey crisp.
Speaker 1: I've never seen these in the story before.
Speaker 2: Where's my boy? Honey Crisp?
Speaker 1: No, we only have doctor.
Speaker 2: Say that. I don't think you could ask them to take a bite of your doctor.
Speaker 1: What Felix censored half of these? The audience had no clue at half of these.
Speaker 4: Green colon no further is crazy.
Speaker 1: Some of these are convention. I had no clue there is conventions to apples.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, can you just speak Throom Stephen, just for my brain?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for fun, Ball's fatten, broad eyed, pippin, cheese, Democrat two, doctor Hogg, Freedom, golden goon Green seek no further. Which of those sound made up to you?
Speaker 4: Fuck man, I don't know they all sound made up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I think one of those. Okay, I think I don't into Apple. I think I've heard of a pip and Apple, which is why I think you made something up that was similar. So I'm gonna say Pippin and I'm gonna say Democrat too, because.
Speaker 6: No way they put a number a number and called it maybe for a political party, like freedom makes more sense than Democrat to Apple.
Speaker 1: At least freedom is a universal value. Yeah, we don't want our apples going.
Speaker 5: Whoa, I'm gonna say Democrat two. I also I just don't know. Okay, Democrat too. And I'm gonna say Golden Woon is made up.
Speaker 4: Jeez, this is this is so hard.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a creature of some sort.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a Batman villain or something, or like the henchman of a Batman villain.
Speaker 4: That's what it would be.
Speaker 5: Theod Yeah, it's henchman, the guy that goes and like gets regular umbrellas and assembles them into the weird wacky stuff that the penguin uses.
Speaker 4: Is the Golden I.
Speaker 3: Love that yeah, I'll say Ball's fatten.
Speaker 2: You're brave for that. I didn't want to say me either that.
Speaker 4: I was like, that's right here, and you.
Speaker 1: Didn't want to repeat it. You were thinking if you didn't want.
Speaker 3: To repeat it, and then freedom.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well the correct answer is balls Fatten.
Speaker 3: And lots of points going out here.
Speaker 1: To Calvin you get to and unfortunately you don't get any. Both of those came straight from my twisted mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good job, actual justice.
Speaker 1: Balls Fatten is just renamed bally Fatten. I saw an Irish apple named bally Fatten and I was like, you say it in an Irish accent, bally Fatten.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: It all clicks. Now. Can you say golden Irish accent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm imagining golden goon is like from upstate New York. It's like golden Goon.
Speaker 2: I like it. I can see it now.
Speaker 1: Ten Counties. We've done this topic before. Counties are officially recognized geographic divisions within divisions of a country. So a country may be divided into states or provinces, and then counties are usually the next level of administrative division within that first level division of the fifty US states, only three of them don't use the county system for governance, as counties are in English system. Canada also uses counties, but all all of its provinces and territories use them. So of the thirteen provinces and territories that make up Canada, how many still use the county system to govern its whole territory? Closest answer interesting of the thirteen how many still use county system was the question exclusively use the county system? At least one of them, I will say, used counties, but then also had like divisions that weren't counties that they use at the same time.
Speaker 2: What the heck?
Speaker 1: Which is because they do use counties or use this for the category only using counties like the US states.
Speaker 2: Of the thirteen, you say prices right, No, price is right?
Speaker 1: Closest answer. So you can go high, you can go low.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Stephen, generous, gracious Steven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm humble like that like that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Fuck, I keep buzzing for no reason.
Speaker 1: Okay I thought you were guessing that.
Speaker 2: No, I just see the buzzer there and it makes me think I have the buzzer answer.
Speaker 1: Next time you do that, I'm gonna demand that you answer at the TheBus.
Speaker 3: Okay, if Aiden is ever president and there is like a button to watch all nuclear missiles, we are in trouble.
Speaker 2: Someone asked you a trivia question that I just like watch.
Speaker 5: It's like it's like from Monsters Versus Aliens. You see that movie where they.
Speaker 1: Have a lot of the buttons for the nuclear missile button?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Did this you? Mister president?
Speaker 2: Once again continuing something to run for president in twenty thirty six, when when I am eligible to be the youngest person ever run for president. So this is me declaring it. Please consider voting for me.
Speaker 1: Maybe, well, I'll only vote for you if you get this question right.
Speaker 2: Fuck Okay, but Canada, it's actually so I should get it wrong to prove that I'm going to I'm a true America.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's the gamble.
Speaker 2: That's that you'll take thirteen because there's all this more territories in Canada or provinces than I think there are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's three territories and provinces.
Speaker 3: I have a crazy answer, but I kind of want to say it for last.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna say one gambling Okay.
Speaker 3: Maybe my answer is not that crazy.
Speaker 1: Were you also going to say one.
Speaker 4: I was going to say zero, but wow, I was going to say thirteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, you think they all do? Wait, okay, I love these crazy answers literally said there's at least one that doesn't in such still said thirteen.
Speaker 2: No I gave that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, I was think thirteen. I was a thing on the higher end. Yeah, I'll say twelve because of the things. Even said, go the max that is given.
Speaker 1: Okay, one, have you got it exactly right?
Speaker 2: Oh? My god?
Speaker 1: Only one?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: So you would never guess which one still uses counties. It's Quebec, of all places, and that is what I would have guessed. Actually, really really the French one.
Speaker 2: The French independent one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, French one that's going to become its own countries someday maybe. Alberta has officially called its counties municipal districts since the nineties. British Columbia is divided up into regional districts instead of counties for its justice system. They also divide the province up into counties, but they're not like governed by that. It's just how they assign justices, which is very confusing. Manitoba and Saskatchewan used rural and urban municipalities, which are very similar to counties and that they don't overlap. New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island use parishes, which is similar to Louisiana. Newfoundland and Labrador don't have any sort of county system, so it's just straight from provincial to city.
Speaker 2: Cut that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah that so, I guess that makes sense. The three territories are divided into regions, which only exist to assist their territorial governments with delivering governmental services and have no power. Nova Scotia uses municipalities, which actually county government and half of its municipalities but none the other and are based off of their historic counties back when they used to use the system. Ontario has counties but also has regional municipalities and districts, so they couldn't make up their signs. So all in Quebec, who cares? Moving on?
Speaker 3: Sorry before we move on, if you're a police officer and was it, Quebec is the only providence that uses counties right now, so it would be a Mountie county, Mounti county, county county place.
Speaker 1: You can be a county mounty.
Speaker 2: Guys. We're moving to Quebec.
Speaker 1: Aiden, I feel like you'd thrive there.
Speaker 2: I I would enjoy I like Quebec. It's nice, my uncle.
Speaker 1: You speak frenchy that's a good place to learn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they speak it weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Quebec is weird.
Speaker 2: Canadian.
Speaker 1: Don't know. Maybe we can vince Bryce to work on another Canada.
Speaker 2: Missisosi that I miss you Bryce, come back?
Speaker 1: Question eleven trains? Which US state had the first operational buzz go ahead? Episode Sam hosted, I'll give it to you, I said, Sam's special interest.
Speaker 2: Special interest. There we go.
Speaker 1: So dang, Aiden's getting both of these? Uh so uh that is five?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: Doing pretty good? Guess the connection?
Speaker 2: Yeah, is the last one gonna? I'm just yeah, we'll wait for it. I know what it's gonna. Okay, Oh yeah, okay, good luck.
Speaker 1: Which US date had the first operational locomotive that ran on rails? Hey, Pennsylvania, New York, C Massachusetts or D Maryland.
Speaker 2: I'll say Pennsylvania. It's big.
Speaker 1: Okay. Which one gives the best train vibes?
Speaker 2: Pennsylvania For some reason, I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because I drive to the Pennsylvania a lot and I'm like, damn, I wish there was a train Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: But isn't that one of the four railroads in monopoly?
Speaker 2: Ooh, that's so good.
Speaker 1: That's a good connection. Play whatever sounded. Raising for the connection sound.
Speaker 3: I think I'll say Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Here, Okay, like it?
Speaker 1: Well, unfortunately, you being different this time means you don't get the points sucreto Pennsylvania. So the Stourbridge Lion was the first locomotive to run on rails, which started in northeast Pennsylvania in eighteen ninety two on August eighth, for the Delaware and Hudson Canal Company's Gravity Railroad. I had to get kind of specific for this question because if I just said first train would be up to debate, because trains and railroads kind of evolved to their more modern form over time. But rail guided locomotive is close enough for me. I'll take that.
Speaker 2: That works twelve.
Speaker 1: Vacuums there, so yeah. Emerge when the pressure in a space is considerably lower than the atmospheric pressure rank the base atmospheric pressure of the following celestial bodies. Ooh so lowest to highest Titan Mars, Venus, Mercury Triton.
Speaker 3: Oh, we say this one more time.
Speaker 1: So rank the base atmospheric pressure of the following celestial bodies from lowest to highest. Mercury, Triton, Venus, Mars Titan.
Speaker 2: All right, got it? Okay, you say lowest. Sorry, I'm yeah lowested. Okay, I'll have to read it in reverse order, but I got it.
Speaker 3: I don't have a single idea, so I'm just gonna say whatever Aiden says.
Speaker 2: That works. Okay, Yeah, go ahead and said Wait, Calvin, mine meld with me real quick.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got it? Got it? All right, we'll say our answers the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the same time. Okay, secret, you should confusingly join in so I can't tell who's is who's.
Speaker 4: I'm ready confusing. I can get it all right?
Speaker 1: Three? Two? What everyone?
Speaker 2: Go Mercury.
Speaker 4: Titan.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is bad A did you start? I have Mercury being the lowest because I doesn't have any atmosphere as far as I know. Mars has a very weak one, so I'm saying that next. Then I'm gonna say Triton then tighten. But I know they both have water on them, so I assume they have someone atmosphere and I know Venus is an extreme atmosphere pressure. So I'm saying that's the first Okay.
Speaker 3: Calvin, oh, I was saying them along with Aiden.
Speaker 4: I hear them.
Speaker 3: He said, Mercury Mars, Tritoned, Titan, Venus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the mine meld worked.
Speaker 1: Baby, Do you have anyway in which it's a little different.
Speaker 2: You can flip Titan and Triton because I didn't know which one was.
Speaker 3: I got stick to my guns.
Speaker 2: I'm trusting Aiden here, nice powerful suc.
Speaker 4: I'm going Triton Titan, and then Mercury Mars and then Venus. I know Venus is pretty yeah, tense.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll give it to Aiden and Calvin.
Speaker 2: I guess we did a Calvin.
Speaker 1: They knew the answer.
Speaker 3: It's like when you do no effort on a group project, but you still get.
Speaker 2: All the Calvin you're really you're really telling me, I put it no effort out out wow out.
Speaker 1: Because your mind about it. You had the same answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the answer is Mercury, Triton, Mars, Titan, Venus.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Wow, interesting, that's just what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doesn't it like rain lead in Venus or something crazy like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Venus has an atmosphere. I don't have the number pulled up. I think it's like seventy two times thicker than the earthsane. Yeah, yeah, so it's like acidic.
Speaker 2: The pressure and heat and venuses.
Speaker 1: And then Titan is one point five times larger, which is why it's the only celestial body that has liquid water. Trent doesn't have liqaboil really yep.
Speaker 8: Just not.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, Mars has less than Triton. And then Mercury barely has any atmosphere, but it does have one but doesn't happen. So let's go ahead and do a quick point check.
Speaker 2: I'm up to sixteen points.
Speaker 1: I believe someone stop him.
Speaker 2: Somebody stopped me.
Speaker 3: Well, if you can't beat him, sometimes you just have to join him. I have ten points.
Speaker 1: Whoa okay, okay, that's within striking six.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Well, with our combined efforts, we tie.
Speaker 1: Aight in oo wow, this is maybe you could confuse you could uh, I'm moving on.
Speaker 2: He did confused.
Speaker 1: Round four. We're in Arizona. We crossed the sign leading into the state about ten minutes ago, and I didn't say anything because I wanted to let you know. At the beginning of round four.
Speaker 2: Thank you Susan.
Speaker 1: Thanks to this route we took, we're going to be more than thirty minutes late and I can't get any reception out here. To let thee Jonathan Knight know. I hope some more trivia will help me forget my woes. Reminder that questions in round four are worth three points each, and guessing the category correctly will earning you seven points.
Speaker 2: Holy guacamole, Wow, massive question.
Speaker 1: Thirteen Elements are the classifications we give to different atoms based on the number of protons they have, which gives them different properties. Oftentimes, in fiction, in order to give something unique properties, they will invent an element it is made from. Match the following fictional elements to the series they originate from.
Speaker 4: Nice is it awesome?
Speaker 1: Go ahead write these down because it's going to be yes, bombastium, duranium, galao, meteorillium, phosphlatite. And then the series are Oz Star Trek, Tintin, Disney, and Wolfenstein.
Speaker 2: Nice. That's wow. I feel like I should know more of those. I'm a big Tintin head.
Speaker 5: Yeah me too. I did not know Tintin had invented elements.
Speaker 2: Bombastion, duranium, gout, galao, meteor, meteorolum meteori type.
Speaker 1: Galao is spelled g a u l a u.
Speaker 2: That's how I spelled Oh, ship man Disney. It's one of these like what cars and cars run on or some ship like that.
Speaker 4: No, that's all in all every car.
Speaker 2: I don't get to bring it up very often because it's weird.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 1: I love cards to frickad pair of them up.
Speaker 4: This is oz Is in the Wizard of Oz. Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's from the original book series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I got something.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's vibes. I don't expect you guys to know any of you think I do.
Speaker 2: I give off Star Trek Enjoyer vibes like I feel like I would enjoy it. I've just never gotten into Star Trek before you do.
Speaker 5: Actually, you give a little you get Star Trek and a little bit of Doctor Who Enjoyed.
Speaker 2: I was a doctor who enjoyed middle school. You read me like a book. Nice, I was really into Doctor Who School. I can go. If everybody's ready.
Speaker 4: I think I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Let's send it all right, all right?
Speaker 2: Aiden, So Golow makes me think of ODZ because it's kind of like a weird word, and he he made up a lot of words for that. I'm going way out of order. I apologize. Foslatite, I'm saying Disney for some reason, meteor ilium I'm saying Wolfenstein. I don't know why. Duranium sounds like something Star Trek would make up. It's vaguely scientific. And then I'm gonna say bombass m is tinting, because that's something sounds like something Captain Haddock would say, you know, the like drunk Captain. That's his friend.
Speaker 1: He's got bomb whoever, this character sounds like.
Speaker 2: A right described the professor Calculus names it after him or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Cus, the very Calculus.
Speaker 3: So I've got bombasdium paired with Disney, duranium with Wolfenstein, gallow with Tintin, meteorolum with Star Trek, and phosphatite with oz.
Speaker 1: Hmm, interesting secret.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have Galau for Wolfenstein because the l a U looks like a German ending or whatever, so I thought maybe they'd do something there. I have so media rellium. I'm like, okay, meteor you know space stars. I think Star Trek would have been a bit too much of like an obvious one, So I said Tintin because I know there's a three where they go to the moon. I imagine that they go there maybe for some element.
Speaker 2: Isn't there also one where they dig up a shooting star from like the ocean.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't remember that one. I remember the on where they died. I don't remember anything of the shooting star.
Speaker 5: I said Disney bombastium, because I imagine Disney would if they make up an element, it would end in ium and probably be easy for kids to pronounce.
Speaker 4: Star trek.
Speaker 5: I said duranium, oz I said falsa tite. Those for me one could flip on the other. But I think duranium would be like a durable metal, So if they made ships or whatever, it would be made of some durable thing.
Speaker 4: And os but was the last.
Speaker 1: One I'm now remembering.
Speaker 2: They do go to an island that's a meteor in Tintin, and there's like the weird mushrooms. Fuck Okay, I don't know what it is, but I'm now remembering a Tintin meteor story.
Speaker 1: Okay, Supers and Aiden, you both tied, so I'm going to do a tiebreaker for this one. Okay, you guys change any of yours that you.
Speaker 2: Know how many you're not going to tell us how many I can tell us?
Speaker 1: Then got two? Wow, Calvin, you got one.
Speaker 2: Hmmm mmmm.
Speaker 1: But the one you got you nailed. So I'll give you that.
Speaker 2: Nailed that. Calvin, Oh damn.
Speaker 1: Did you listen to anyone else's reasoning and you were like, oh, yeah, that makes sense a little bit.
Speaker 6: Mmmm.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think I know the two. I'm gonna switch.
Speaker 2: What are you switching, because I'll switch something different.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm switching Disney and aw So I think maybe Disney is doing foslatite, Oz is doing the nastium.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'm switching Disney and Wolfenstein. So I think Wolfenstein is Fossila tite and Disney is meteorillium.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we still have a tie buck.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I get the points, So Calvin gets the points.
Speaker 4: I think I'm new measure.
Speaker 1: I think I'm just gonna give it to both of you because I think both of you switched off of a correct answer.
Speaker 2: So light Year movie, it's the Disney one. The buzz light your movie.
Speaker 1: So the Disney one is bombastionum and it's from an Uncle Scrooge comic. It's actually mentioned a couple of times in duct tails afterwards.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: It's apparently an extremely rare element, only stable below freezing, and one drop can make an entire barrel of water turn into ice cream.
Speaker 2: Wow, I need to get that stuff.
Speaker 1: So, duranium is from Star Trek and it's very durable, hence the name Glao is from the fourteenth and final book of the Oz series, Glenda of Oz, and is used by magicians to power magical heavy machinery. M m, yeah, it gets really interesting towards the end. Media Willium is an element from Wolfenstein that's only found in the Balkans and was planned to use be used by the SS Paranormal Division to resurrect King Henry the Fowler. So those games also get pretty crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then fossil Tite is an element from Tintin that accelerates growth, turning a single apple core into a colossal apple tree. And I think it is on like an island with the is Yeah, I think it is, So I think that's the element.
Speaker 2: It was nice.
Speaker 4: So, Okay, I haven't heard of any of these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, interesting.
Speaker 1: I chose obscure ones. I thought about like throwing like a curveball and doing like one that's kind of obvious but cool element So you guys both get three elements. That's correct. This is the only one that I didn't start with. The one, Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites is the second EP by electronic music producer Skrillex, so the word is monsters. At the time of its release in twenty ten, it received moderately positive reviews and performed Alright, come on, but sucre is it?
Speaker 4: Is it Pixar Movies because you have Elemental and Monsters inc.
Speaker 1: That's correct?
Speaker 4: Whoa, my god, wow.
Speaker 1: At some points seven secret.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I was thinking that. I was like, there's no movie named monsters, and I.
Speaker 1: Completely forgot about there's two of them. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nice, Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Good work, he connected, but.
Speaker 1: For a Scary Monsters and nice writes. By twenty thirteen, especially had become canonized as a classic and permanently warped the electronic music scene, establishing scrillics as a legend. Which of the following facts about Scrillics is not true? One of these is fake. This is about Scrillics. A. Both of his adoptive parents were scientologists. B. He's considered responsible for the popularization of the drop in mainstream pop see he once tasered a fans dog while performing on stage, or D he is a firm believer in the keto diet. What is a A is both of his adoptive parents were scientologists. There's like two crazy ones and then two normal sounding ones.
Speaker 2: No, there's one crazy, there's one normal. There's one thing that's actually related to M and I'm saying that one that's the fake one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the responsible.
Speaker 4: So this is which one is not true?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Which one is not true?
Speaker 4: Okay, I know that one of these is true?
Speaker 2: Okay he was It was supers dog that he tasered. Oh yeah, yeah, it's the store for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, no, there was a reason we named him sparky. He never came home the same.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Okay, So CE is the scientology. D is the keto one.
Speaker 1: He is scientology. C is tasering a fans dog while performing on stage. D is keto, and then B is a drop? Ye okay, bangor ring brand sign tongue.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say the fake one is that he tasered a dog. I don't think he did that.
Speaker 2: That is something make up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is something i'd make up.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I have to go with some score separation here, so I'll say d the Keto diet.
Speaker 1: Okay, the correct answer is tasering someone's dog.
Speaker 4: Wow, Gosh, as.
Speaker 1: Far as I know, he's never done this, I can't deny that that.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just came up with that.
Speaker 5: I think he's a really nice guy. Like I actually knew about the drop, like he made the drug this one.
Speaker 4: I knew. I was a very big I was a decent.
Speaker 5: Scirrellaks fan back when I started playing Geometry Dash then, Like, there's a fair bit of there's.
Speaker 1: A good over level that would use.
Speaker 2: I've ever heard.
Speaker 5: All the way back then he was he made a song for or people use his song for some very famous levels. There's a famous banger level. There's a famous like theory of firepower with the name of the thing. I think that was a Scrollics song. So I listened to a decent like two song of Crillics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he didn't taser someone's dog. I'll say that they're not gonna de famous Crillics. But yeah, both of his adoptive parents were scientologists. Nice and Yeah, he popularized the drop, and he believes in the Keto diet good stuff. He's been a lot lifelong adherent to it. Fifteen bugs as in Bugs life, nice or Beatles or short names for the Volkswagen Beetle, which is widely regarded as one of the most influential cars of the twentieth century. Which are the following facts about the Volkswagen Beetle. Is not true, it's another not true one nice ay. It is the best selling car of a single platform of all time. B It was the first mass produced car to use the rear engine rear wheel drive design. C is also nicknamed the Turtle in various parts of the world, or D. The Beatle was primarily conceived by Adolf Hitler.
Speaker 2: That's I've heard a I think it's a think we talked about something on the Toyota episode where we talked about the most popular car or something like that, and it's not the BW but it was, but it's no longer.
Speaker 4: What does on a single platform mean?
Speaker 1: A single platform is like same frame, same like uh, basic design, like they make minor they make minor tweaks here and there, but otherwise the platform is the same. That's my understanding.
Speaker 2: Oh so not the of all time. But of on a single platform.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's not. I'm not claiming that it's the best selling car of all time, but it's the best selling car of a single platform. I've never changed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Answer B was a first mass produced car to use rear engine rear wheel drive design, and see is it was also nicknamed the Turtle in various parts of the world.
Speaker 4: I'm going with D.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll say, see, okay, I've never heard it called the turtle, but.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then aiden are you changing your answer?
Speaker 2: I'm changing to D because I know the Nazis had something to do with but I don't know if it was like Hitler specifically. It might have just been something that happened during.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, that's fair. The correct answer is be though, so super if you're taking it shit man, run away with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my gosh, wow, stop the count.
Speaker 1: So the first the first mass produced rear engine rear wheel design car is the Tatra seventy seven of nineteen thirty four. No, the Beatle is responsible for setting the trend. So the Beatle is like, what made that kind of style of car kind of blow up in Germany and Europe interesting? So over twenty one point five million Beatles have been produced, which is the most of any platform, even with the production of new Beatles season in two thousand and three, so they actually haven't made them in over twenty years, but it's still like the most produced car all that time.
Speaker 5: Wow, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Some other nicknames used in other parts of the world are frog, bubble, and flea, which all feel appropriate.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 1: And then Hitler is responsible for the rounded design, the air cooled rear mounted engine, how many people at seats, and many other specific design elements because you wanted to build the people's car to encourage the use of the autobahn.
Speaker 8: Yep, wow wow.
Speaker 4: On some things like.
Speaker 2: Moving on.
Speaker 1: Sixteen toy dogs are and I'm pulling this straight from the American Kennel Club website, short on size but not short on personality. Breeds in the toy group are affectionate, sociable, and adaptable to a wide range of lifestyles. I'm doing another one of these kinds of questions. I'm going to list eight dog breeds. Two of them are not going to be officially recognized as a toy breed by the American Kennel Club, so you get two options, three points for each correct choice. Which dogs are not officially in the toy group?
Speaker 4: These are going to sound sofy chiaha.
Speaker 1: None of these are, like I expect that you guys have heard of, like almost all of these breeds.
Speaker 4: Okay, oh okay, but two of them are not considered toy breeds, he.
Speaker 1: Said, yeah, by the American Kennel Club. Yeah, hey, Chihuahua B B Sean Friese or Frize see Italian Greyhounds, D pug E, Manchester Terrier, F Miniature Schnauzer, ge, Chinese crested or h Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Each one we get right, you get three. Yeah, so this is a big swing question. Second to last, Second to last was Chinese crested?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: The last one?
Speaker 1: I have my guest cavalier King Charles Spaniel. That's the last one.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm yeah, I also love how like for this last theme, we have to buzz in. That was fun? Get it because picks our movies? Sort of. The fifth thing, a deeper, sinister thing was hiding there, just.
Speaker 2: A glimpse into Stevens.
Speaker 5: When you think of this twist in reality, it is tough.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Dogs very well.
Speaker 1: I will say, knowing dogs not very helpful for this, because you also need to know those groups that they're in, and no one knows that except for like dog show specialists. If you if you have a dog that answers in a dog show, you might.
Speaker 5: Know the I don't know if if there is a like if there is a hobby that I treasure above all else of myself, it would be like taxonomy. I love taxonomy, like like when people group stuff into things, I'm all over it. Like I could tell you about the different groups and how to turn your dragon classification. Like it's I get really deep into taxonomy. Wow, maybe I'll investigate this after this episode is over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, check out our payworld content for deep.
Speaker 1: Calvin, do you have any ideas?
Speaker 3: I do have a few ideas.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll go ahead and Calvin, you can start.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say Chihuahua, okay, just because I don't think they have much of a personality at all, and if that's one of the criteria for the deaf for this category, they're just yippy, yappy dogs.
Speaker 2: They suck.
Speaker 3: Oh. And then I think I will also say I feel like the Italian greyhound is obvious, but like too obvious. I think they're larger dogs. I think they're highly intelligent and have a lot of personality, so maybe, oh gosh, okay, I'll say chihuahua and greyhound. I'll lock those in.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Aiden I'm just thinking like historic because I know chihuahuas suck. But I'm like, what other category would they fit into?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: I feel like a hound is like a hunting dog, which feels like a separate type of category. I don't know if you can have something that then falls. So I'm gonna say Italian hound, and I feel like, is it terrier like a herding dog? I don't actually know, but I'm going to say that one because I feel like those two would both fall in other classifications. I know Doug is a toy dog.
Speaker 1: That's the only Manchester terrier and greyhounds.
Speaker 2: And Italian greyhound yeah, okay, And.
Speaker 4: Then I'm also gonna go greyhound for one of mine.
Speaker 5: And I initially was thinking chihuahua because I know that chihuahuas are called teacup dogs, but I don't know if that's a technical term, So I was on the fence about that, but I do appreciate the score differential. So I think I'll say Italian Greyhound and Chinese crested because I don't really know stuff.
Speaker 2: About val there.
Speaker 1: None of you got it right, whoa wow. So the two dogs that are not in the toy group are the Bishon Freeze and the miniature Schnauzer.
Speaker 2: I had never heard of a Bishon Freeze in my life.
Speaker 1: Permission to google my family, my family, You can google a Bishon Freeze. My family actually has a b Seon Freeze.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that is the cutest thing.
Speaker 1: My family is not in a toy groupidding me. They're in the non sporting.
Speaker 5: On the Wikipedia page, it says it's a Franco Belgian breed of small toy dog of type.
Speaker 2: But by the American kennel damn America.
Speaker 1: They're in the non sporting group.
Speaker 3: Man America just has to ruin everything.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 4: I guess the kennel club would be the leading authority on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are several kennel clubs around the world. I'm not sure how they ranked them, but is in the non sporting group. I don't know what the heck makes something full in the non sporting group.
Speaker 2: Well, if it's not sporting.
Speaker 1: Looking at it, it seems kind of like a miscellaneous group. And then the miniature Schnauzer is in the terrier group, but the Manchester Terrier R. I don't know how toy ish a terrier has to be in order to be in the toy group is languishing in the terrier grip.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm sure there's some deep lore there that I cannot begin to comprehend.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, Well, congrats to Supers for getting the connection in that round. There's no challenge, so can we do our final point check? Supers might have beat me. I'm up to nineteen, but I think you got enough I have I.
Speaker 4: Have twenty two. Yeah, I've got one extra question one of the dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Calvin twenty seven crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I only had ten points. Ten is very respectable, but I'll take my bronze medal. Yeah, I'm happy with that.
Speaker 2: That was a really fun one, Steven.
Speaker 1: So that means wait, wait before I officially announced the winner. We've arrived here at four corners and my reception is back, so I'm going to quickly check to see oh no. Sent thirty one minutes ago by Jonathan Knight. I can't believe the lack of professionality by your spelt You are team at bus one trivia m no apostrophe taking my personal jet back to New York. IM so mad right now? IM going to tasering dogs again. I'm relapsing and it's all your fault. You're spelt wrong again, Guys, I don't think that was the real Jonathan Knight. I'll be honest. Yeah, if that was, The New York Times is a weirder place than I thought.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess we'll have to get Jonathan Knight on the next time we do a Connections episode.
Speaker 1: Congrats tou Chris, you're connector how does it feel you?
Speaker 4: I don't know, because I don't like the connections. I'm happy I would take this away.
Speaker 1: Maybe I would.
Speaker 5: Connection now, okay, it's not that is a strand. I'm you don't like strands? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What about LinkedIn games? Anyone? Anyone LinkedIn games?
Speaker 4: LinkedIn games?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Due man.
Speaker 4: The one thing I know about LinkedIn is if you pass control shift Windows all to L on a Windows like PC, it opens LinkedIn the app.
Speaker 2: Oh that's bizarre. Built in, that is bizarre.
Speaker 1: Thank you for tuning in the bust Ones today. We'd really appreciate it if you're told your least favorite friends about us. If you were sent this episode by friend, congrats you're their least favorite friend. Also, subscribing or dropping a five star rating in your podcast player of choice would be super helpful. Our goal is to convince The New York Times collaborate with us again after this episode, so please help us get big enough they forget what we did. We're on all the social media's as at bus one trivia, not MySpace though, or LinkedIn. Have it on over to bus onetrivia dot com for a link to our discord and our official merch Before we go, we'd like to thank Vert for the use of our theme song five nine seven eight, which is a certified.
Speaker 4: That was right there.
Speaker 1: Thank you for writing best one. We'll see you next week, Okay,