Speaker 1: H h.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. Come on, man, helps.
Speaker 3: Helps good for dude.
Speaker 1: Gets Friday.
Speaker 2: Day day, last day of the week. It's decision day tomorrow. And Major League Soccer, we got league play coming back. We got folks that say they weren't interviewed when it came to openings. We have other coaches concerned about pathways when it comes to set openings. Got a lot to talk about here as we get you ready for decision day in Major League Soccer, John, hear you there. Thanks for dropping by. It is a freestyle Friday. Whatever is on your mind here when it comes to Atlanta United, Major League Soccer, League play overseas coaching vacancies got interviewed, and who didn't all the things our number two obviously, as we can whip round patent pending trademark coming center hopefully rather than later. We'll see if our friends from beyond goals entering can hop by and join us when it comes to the bottom of the hour. We got news either way. We got plenty of news either way. And so then there was a how do we phrase this? There was a zoom call. I was about to say a press conference, but because we're in the twenty first century, it is now done is zoom. And yesterday Emma Haes got to discuss why decisions were made about certain players for three matches coming up in the end of the month. And it was intriguing to see the list come out. And because we can do that, it's time to bring in somebody who gets to talk about it. Now. I'm gonna bring him in. But he's right now, the invisible man. You get to see his background, you get to see the stadium, but you don't get to see uh, you don't get to see Bart. There he is. I was like, wait a minute, man's bring Bart Keeler in. You you were you, you did not exist or you existed, but I couldn't see it. It was the ethereal Art Keeler.
Speaker 4: I forgot to move the slider over the webcam.
Speaker 2: Yeh, the slider over the webcam. Now it has been slided. And so now it is time to catch up with you, to bat lead off. Because yesterday, uh, late morning, early afternoon East coast time, there was an announcement and the trumpets blared and uh and uh soccer fans wept and it was it was It was an intriguing list on a couple of different fronts for the US women's national team for these three matches coming up. There were some names. Hal Hirschfeldt sticks out to me, uh for a first time? How to do? And so when this list came out, what was your initial response to, Hey, this list is out.
Speaker 5: Well, it was good to see some new names on the list. Like you just said, John, Obviously, Hal has been a part of things, but not a part of things. She's been basically given a trial membership to the club a couple of times before. So to get her into the full squad as like an actual training camp player, not just the practice squad player is nice. But this was I think a night a lot of coaches in the past. Let's just start with there. There you go, what have used these games? And this was a US Soccer thing as well, just as the Olympic celebration tour. Right, So you would have had the eighteen to twenty two that were in the Olympics and basically that would have been it. You probably would have added one other that you know, people knew. Emma Hayes didn't take that approach, right. This is a fairly look, fairly familiar roster. Like obviously from the CBA perspective. She did have to call in the Olympic squad right that their CBA is still to get some celebration matches after they win Olympic gold medal or World Cup, which is fine, but she still took the opportunity to as kind of she put it, reward players for good in WSL seasons as that season comes to a close, and I think that is different than past regimes would have done, and also a signal to me that US Soccer isn't so hung up on the celebration tour that for some players and some teams lasted and felt.
Speaker 4: Like a full year. And so that's the positive.
Speaker 5: I think that's the biggest takeaway I had from this, as she was willing to bring in not just new names, new faces, but young faces as well, getting some new fresh faces into the.
Speaker 4: Squad that deserve a call up. I mean, that's that's what this is. They deserved a call up.
Speaker 2: And at the same time, it's a twenty six individual crawl and that was also key to this discussion where traditionally eighteen to twenty, you know, take your pick and you know you get your celebration tour separately. Since it was called such by the CBA, then that means players get max revenue out of this, which is very cool.
Speaker 5: Well, look, let's be Rollano. So that's the benefit of the CBA to the players. And in the past, this is the conversation that no one really wants to have.
Speaker 4: Is in the past.
Speaker 5: You know, these players needed the national team to be a very large source of their soccer income, right, this still gives them that, and look, they deserve it.
Speaker 4: They won.
Speaker 5: So when you win a gold medal, you deserve a game or two to celebrate you. We get three this month, and they deserve to be celebrated. They deserve to be recognized. But I don't think Emma's going to use this just as a all right cheer on the gold medalist, but a good way to look at you know, even a player like Emily Sam's who was part of that team, right but didn't get to play a whole lot, well these are perfect friendlies for her. I mean, look, Iceland and a planet we should not have a problem with, especially when it comes to a defensive side. So Emily and maybe even Guy Tano is another one who younger faces clearly have proven themselves at the professional level, need a chance to do.
Speaker 4: It on the international stage.
Speaker 5: Good good opportunities to do that and good opportunities for these players to make a name for themselves in front of em.
Speaker 2: Hayes October twenty fourth Iceland in Austin at Q two, three days later in Nashville at gi Otis and then there you go. And then uh, I think there were a couple of hundred tickets left for the matchup in Louisville against Argentina.
Speaker 4: That's the one I wish I could go to.
Speaker 5: John, I got to real honest, I need to go see a game in that stadium.
Speaker 2: Well, and that was one of the discussions. It was one of the talking points that that Ema Hayes was asked about was stadium size, and for her it was not a concern. She was concerned. She her her focus was on atmosphere and think about them with that in Louisville. Yeah, and so you know when you have that kind of that that kind of atmosphere and the fan response that you know you're going to get, that's what she was looking forward to the most. And going to a place like Lynn Family.
Speaker 5: Well, you say Louisville is the highest attended USL championship team. I think that's correct. Yeah, I'm not the highest vs All team, but very very good attendance in Louisville.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think that'll be a problem.
Speaker 2: No, I think, like I said, I think it was like seven hundred seats were left.
Speaker 4: Can still with what a week and a half to play?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and like yeah, twelve days, thirteen days as of yesterday you sit there. And then that's even before Emma Hayes said what she said yesterday about atmosphere, and so I think that even with walk up and whatever, you're probably going to have some SRO for this particular matchup against Argentina. You mentioned the uncapped players, Hal Hirschfeld, Emily Sam's. Then you end up with Emma Sears and Emma Sears for those of you that might have been on the fence in Louisville about possibly going, hey, you know, by the way, she's a rookie at Racing Louisville. Oh, let's go support let's go support our own. Then you end up with the Yasmine Ryan who's got four and four for Gotham, and then Alyssa Milanson who got a first team call up at the age of twenty, so Ryan saw action with the U eight teams and the U twenty threes. Alanson played for the U fifteens and the U twenty threes. You mentioned Gaetino, who was on the She believes roster didn't get any action and didn't get to, you know, any activity there which she believes didn't call it players from the US team that finished third at the U twenties with the two to one one over the Netherlands, and her quote on that was, we feel that they've played in a major tournament. They don't get much recovery. Their clubs and college teams have been absent from them. So the U twenties won't come into consideration until January, maybe the November camp.
Speaker 5: That's a good expectation to set, because you're right, they played a full tournament right they went. They had to go to a third place match because they played all the matches available, and they do need some rests because there are definitely some players.
Speaker 4: From the U twenty squad that need to be part of this.
Speaker 5: But I'll tell you what John, I know this is we're talking about the new faces, but there are some the faces, the names, the players that I'm most excited to get back into this team. Ashley Sanchez, Alyssa Thompson. Actually, Sanchez has been phenomenal for North Carolina this year, and Alyssa Thompson, after I mean a very rough last season and then a rough start to the season, has now scored I think seven to maybe it's seven goals or ten total goal contributions. I forget after last check because she seems to get a goal or and assist every game since really the break they had for the Olympics, and those are players who have been a part of the team.
Speaker 4: Obviously.
Speaker 5: Alyssa Thompson went as well to the twenty twenty three World Cup.
Speaker 4: Sanchez went to the World Cup.
Speaker 5: Sanchez didn't play at the World Cup, and a lot of people criticized Blackgo for that. This is a great reintroduction for them after about a year of not really getting a look and Sanchez getting the move to North Carolina. A new coach maybe helped, you know, just getting someone else who can figure out ways to utilize her best talents. I am in curious if she can take her talent and elevate it to the international level, because I think we struggled with that a little bit she struggled with that even when she was getting looks in twenty twenty three. That's the player that I'm most excited to hopefully see play and then see what she can provide. Everyone else is very young, so it's just hopeful that, oh yeah, it would be really cool if they could do this. You know, even Emily Sam's is one and Guy Tino, but you know Sam's getting part of be a part of that Olympic roster. I think we know that she's in the discussion, you know what I'm saying. But Sanchez, this is a huge opportunity for her to reintroduce herself to a new coach, right, reintroduce herself to the fans, and prove that she does belong on this national team because I think she's really talented. And for Alyssa Thompson, it's a crowded forward line, but someone's got to be a backup or someone's got to push the starters. And Lynn Williams isn't getting younger, so it's as a huge chance for her, especially to find a spot on this team, even if it is, you know, backing up MoU Swanson or Trinity Rodman, which not bad to be back up to one of those two.
Speaker 2: No, here's your rundown, Campbell, Murphy and there and net nine defenders in the twenty six Fox Guetino, Girma, Krueger, Haley, Mace, Malanson, Ny Swanger, Sam's sonnet midfielders seven Albert Coffee, hirschfeldt Heran Lavelle, Moultrie Sanchez forwards up top and two of them uncapped, Ryan and Sears. You also add Jaden Shosaphia Smith, Mouse Swanson, Melissa Thompson, Lynn Williams twenty three obviously will suit up for the games, but the roster. But the folks that are going to be engaged in these three or twenty six and this is an opportunity also for the NWSL to sit there and say, hey, look what we're able to do with with our league and the talent pool that is going to be represented by the USWNT in this go round. Because there were a lot of players, a lot of different teams that were represented within the NWSL that are part of this twenty six person roster.
Speaker 5: Look, it's still the most competitive and probably the best league in the world. I'm just saying you get the most actual financial investment in the teams and players and the coaches. You get the most actual competition from match in and match out. This isn't Liga Feminil where you know, Barcelona's beating up on teams twenty seven to nothing, you know, on a weekly basis. So the NWSL still has a lot to offer this national team. That doesn't mean that players shouldn't be looking at opportunities to play in Europe. I think, as we've seen with Horan Albert even Emily Fox, going to a big club right in Europe is probably going to be a better fit than just playing in NWSL for I don't know, San Diego Wave just to pull out.
Speaker 2: One of the bad teams less unless you have a connection to someone in the front office on the other side of the team. That's gonna be played.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I.
Speaker 2: Think. I mean, I'm thinking that's going to happen at some point. Well, as he takes a sip of his coffee, Uh, there's.
Speaker 5: Also an NWS Oh, John, we got to get into that one anyway. Good opportunities for NWASL to showcase itself. And again Emma kind of pitched this as the Hey, you had a great NWSL season, you're your opportunity I wouldn't be surprised if that November window, which you know, we're playing two very good teams in England and Netherlands in Europe, would it. I wouldn't be surprised if that has a little bit more of a European bent. There's not too many players over in Europe that I would just say like we're gonna go take. But for most players, their NWSL season will have ended a while ago by the time that that November window comes around, so they'll either be out of form or probably it on a vacation somewhere.
Speaker 4: So again, I wouldn't be surprised if this is.
Speaker 5: THEWSL camp we get the November camp being a little bit more euro heavy.
Speaker 2: Yes, sound the trumpets. News this morning out of Bournemouth and dony Irola and his press conference has confirmed Tyler Adams has been back in training and is in contention for playing time. So that's just a quick update there. So all right, ten minutes to go. So I will ask you this. I know that you had bookmarked something in your stream of consciousness discussion after the mention of two words San Diego. Do you want to go there and do it quickly and discuss the sky is falling. The sky is falling after what happened against Mexico.
Speaker 4: Well, real quickly the bookmark.
Speaker 5: I do want to point out John because I want people in the comments to sound off and tell me how you feel boss Nation.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Can we talk about that yet, I've been bus See we.
Speaker 2: Have not talked about boss Nation yet, but feel free. Nick fixed it in third a couple days ago.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 5: This is the I mean, people are likning it to the Proof Louisville, which is what racing Louisville was before that. Proof Louisville at least was like, okay, like proof with you whatever. It's a little stupid, but whatever they got it. This is bad. It's a bad concept. It's a bad origin, it's a bad introduction, it's a bad launch, it's a bad branding strategy, it's a bad color scheme.
Speaker 4: It's bad.
Speaker 5: And this is no surprise from an ownership group who can't even own the whole damn stadium. They're going to play it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know, John, and I'm sure you do, but others don't.
Speaker 2: Go for it.
Speaker 5: Their stadium plan, which is not the worst idea, but falls short in a couple of ways. They're basically taking a high school stadium, the equivalent of Lakewood if you will, sure, renovating it and they'll play there. That sounds great in theory, right John, that sounds great. You're giving back to the Boston community.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: No, they're owning one grand stand and a green space south of the stadium, and they're renovating the two on the on the side on the goal lines. But they don't own the other gram stand, John, they don't own the other seating arrangement on the opposite sideline. Now they're donating money to the city of Boston and fixing it up and all that kind of stuff, right, But they don't own it. They don't even own the whole stadium they're playing in. And that's fine because like you could just say, hey, we're going to donate all this money to fix it up when we get first right of refusal for all games. Right, that's an easy contract. No, that's not what they're doing. So I'm not shocked that an ownership group whose only solution is to throw money at problems can't come up with a better name than Boss Nation with the Frickin' origin story being Oh, it's an anagram of Bostonian, Yes, which is dumb. You could just said Bostonian FC. Okay, a little weird, but I like it. It's fine.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean Nick, Nick went with hub FC or play at the Hub, one of those, considering what Boston considers itself to be. Uh so, yeah, so what I will do?
Speaker 4: There's a whole lot. But yeah, it's bat John.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is absolutely and so oh great. I just had a pen explode in my hand. Uh so much for that pen. All right, so, uh go back and listen a couple of days ago. I will probably end up playing that thirty minutes during the holidays where Nick fixed bost Nation FC.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Nick was ranting on it as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah so yeah, so that thirty minutes will be a part of the holiday programming, ad infinitum. Yeah, you know, until until they fixed something then yeah, bost Nation I am.
Speaker 5: I do not think this is gonna be the name that they're gonna come out with in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't hate this color scheme. I don't love it because I think they're like, it's not feminine, but it is because pink.
Speaker 2: Well, but what what we what we did as a part of fixing Boss Nation, other than wanting to throw the name in the haiba, is to take the six colors and create three separate uniforms out of it. Where you had the uh, you had the pink and the championship green, and you turned that into basically your watermelon kit. That would be your your okay, yeah, And then you took the uh. Then it was the charcoal, and another one uh the color number four, and that would be like your your badass outfit with the charcoal. And then you took the two lighter colors, the two pastels, and that was your summer outfit. Because the last thing you need is wearing the uh, the charcoal outfit in Boston in the summertime. And so we took, we took the six colors, cut him into thirds, and gave them three three jersey and kit combinations that they could that they could work with going forward. They can thank Colossus and everybody in Boston can think us.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 4: I would just scrap the whole thing and start over.
Speaker 2: But all right, so a handful of minutes left, the sky is falling, The sky is falling. Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god. Can you believe what happened? And now you have folks like Casey Keller and Tim Howard. We mentioned Tim Howard's comments yesterday where apparently US Soccer is now supposed to strong arm clubs where players are heading back to because of load management or knocks and things and go. No, they're supposed to stay here and be a part of things. No, they can't go back to being in your club because you have league matches that are important and one of the folks is your talisman. So I a a but can pro see.
Speaker 5: We recorded last night to talk about this one, though nine nine kind of just landed at the fact that it's a bit of a wash in terms of what we learned and didn't. I think we learned a lot about individual players. I don't think we necessarily learned a whole lot about the Pachettino's system, mainly because, as we've said, it's not going to be drastically different than the Burholter system. I do hope that he learned that if you have Matt Turner and goal playing out of the back is not something you should rely heavily on. I do hope you learned that Aiden Morris is not a guy you can rely on in the midfield to just run that thing. And I do hope that he learned that Josh Sargent hasn't still has not scored since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Has has the shot that he took has head landed yet? A man?
Speaker 4: That was funny, And that's just I think.
Speaker 5: I think to hit on Josh Sergeant real quick, because I think he's the epitome of where US soccer is right now.
Speaker 4: On the men's side.
Speaker 1: Is that.
Speaker 5: You look great, You're doing good things at club, You're getting a lot of attention, you make a lot of noise.
Speaker 4: But why can't this translate to the national team level?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 5: Josh Sartin has not scored for the United States since twenty nineteen, John, And it was against Cuba in the Nation's League or twice. And as much as you know, the job of a striker is a lot of things, John, but you know, I think most people in Atlanta would agree the job of the striker is to put the round thing into the rectangle thing.
Speaker 2: Would I would I would stipulate to that, yes.
Speaker 5: And when you don't do that for five years it's really hard for me to consider that you're a necessary inclusion this team, especially when in the same window you're another dude that basically battling for the backup spot, gets significant only fewer minutes than you and scores a goal. Sergeants started both games, and in Mexico he was quite honestly bad.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: I understand that he was disconnected from his back line in his midfield line, I get that.
Speaker 2: I think we had thirteen touches on the board.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but at least with Vasquez when he came in, there was some sort of he acted as somewhat of bit of release voul because he's at least able to hold the ball up and win aerial battles, and Sergeant wasn't doing that at all either.
Speaker 2: In the eightieth minute that was to save.
Speaker 4: Again, the midfield was bad.
Speaker 5: I don't think that the Bussio Mo Morris midfield is a good look.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: That is because John, I think the problem that you look at is, yes, depth is an issue. But we talked about this a lot of times in college football, where yeah, your ones and twos are good, but if you're relying on threes and fours to get the job done right. That's where you're going to get into issues. It's a little bit like Atlanta Nighted playing Columbus Crew last year, where we had twenty seven players on international break, remember, and we went up there and lost what was it five to one or something like that, and you go, well, yeah, no dub because you know, unfortunately Noah Cob and Ada mcfatten aren't the people you need to rely on to get a point on the road in MLS at that time. Now, Noah cop has gotten better, but at that time, that's not a winning combination. And so I think that's really the takeaway from Mexico is, yes, depth is an issue, but the problem is that injuries are more the issue, and these guys got to get healthy. Now to the Killer and the Tim Howard comments, I think it is acceptable for players who may have been injured in camp. So we're looking at McKinney, Stefan, Fossey. I understand them going back home. Stefan and FOSSi reportedly not really training with the first team heading into the weekend.
Speaker 4: Fine, send them home.
Speaker 5: But Pepi and Polistic I think is a bit of a legitimate gripe from the fans and from pundits because I understand load management, I truly do. I think that's fine. I don't think you want to work these players that much.
Speaker 4: At all, But you can still.
Speaker 5: Play these players for twenty thirty minutes in a game. Right if Polistic had played ninety total minutes over the course of the two games, right, I don't think that's really that bad form. That said, Humboy has played nine hundred total minutes since SARAA has started this year. Right, that's ten games. That's a lot, right, And that's something that like when you know, Alexi Grifter Lawless talks about it and says, load management can kiss my bleep back end, buddy, you didn't play ten games a whole season in your career, Like, I'm really sorry.
Speaker 4: Like, I mean, they do have.
Speaker 5: A lot of demands on them right now physically, and so I understand load management.
Speaker 4: I understand rotation.
Speaker 5: I just think that it's not a great signal to the team to say, hey, we're going to go down to Mexico and fight and compete and win. Oh, but these five players get to go home home because they're a little tired.
Speaker 4: Especially when you look at Ricardo.
Speaker 5: Peppy goes back, but Malik Tellman stays, well, Tillman's been playing a lot more at PSV than Peppy, Right, Brendan Arrison's played. I mean, the Championship plays a game every other day, John, and you kept Sergeant, I mean not maybe not yet.
Speaker 4: They haven't quite.
Speaker 5: Got to that point in the season, but you know what I'm saying, they play a player. So I do think it's a little problematic that we're allowing some players to go back who aren't really hurt.
Speaker 4: Again Fosse, Stephen McKinney, I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Peppy was a Peppe apparently had a knock and it's load management with. Yeah. Episode ninety nine is coming out when.
Speaker 5: Hopefully today, I got to edit it during the lunch hour. I also need to go vote during the lunch hour, So if you haven't voted yet, make sure you get your early voting in or make a plan to vote before.
Speaker 2: Yes, and check your check your check your registration. All right, be good, my friend.
Speaker 4: All right, bye, y'all.
Speaker 2: There go's bart And so now it's time to do the hot tag. We bring in Greg Garza and Greg sir, good morning, it's been a while.
Speaker 6: Good morning man, how you guys doing.
Speaker 2: Doing all right. Uh, actually, since you're here, let me let me see. I have to do this officially. I did the hot tag, but of course I'm like, wait a minute, it's like I forgot to actually do the proper introduction where we have to hold our breath for like three extra seconds. So here we go. Are you now now it's official?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: You've been running around the planet?
Speaker 6: Brother been traveling?
Speaker 2: I know. Uh so, uh what what have you been doing on the on the road? Is it? Is it both work and enjoyment where you're globe trotting right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's always work. Work is every day, work never stops. But yeah, just enjoying some time. I think I believe I just moved, so I think the last couple of weeks I've been uh my mom was in town trying to help me move every thing. So that's always I feel like we've done so much but so little.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I get that, especially because moving is a pain in the you know what, and you've got to figure out okay. So if I'm doing this, it's like you peck, you pack up your life, then you figure out okay. It's one of those opportunities where I maybe should hang onto this. Maybe I can let this go. Maybe I can do this and then move into the new place. Is it larger or smaller? I guess is my first question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, much bigger, much bigger. So yeah, now it's figuring out, figuring out where everything goes, needing to buy some new things, selling things that don't fit, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Man. Okay, So then let me ask it this way, since you since you're discussing moving, let me let me apply it to your your mentoring here when it comes to your mentors and your mentees specifically, when it comes to making those big life adjustments, whether it's making it a change in location, a change of environment, those kinds of things. How many discussions do you get to have with your mentees about these kind of life changing things. Where As we get older, we do get used to the idea of moving and compressing or expanding our lives. But what about young men tees having these big moments about Okay, do I make this choice to help my career? Do I stay at home? Do you have any of those conversations?
Speaker 6: Of course, right, I think I had a great conversation with the young boy yesterday from an MLS Academy and just speaking about just speaking about the sacrifices that are needed.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: I think sometimes whenever you're going through the academy level and when you're kind of Okay, this is my dream, this is really what I want to do. This is I think I can get this close, and then I think you come to realization like, oh crap, this is this is a lot. And I think it takes a pretty special person to you know, I think in total, I don't know how many homes I've lived in in my career, how many homes I've lived in my life. This has got to be this has got to be upper twenties right now. Wow, of how many homes I've lived since I was twelve years old. So, you know, I think it's it's you look at your life and I mean, finally this will be a place where I can call home, sweet home for quite some time. So it feels it feels good. It definitely feels good.
Speaker 2: Is there a greater sense of with your mentees knowing that these are things that I have to do or is there still I guess the level of comfortability from like when you were twelve and you know, I was twelve. Back in the late eighteen hundreds, the idea of leaving home. It was something that we really had to grapple with. Is it easier these days or the young athlete to sit there and get that this might be something that I need to do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's uh just throwing that out there and kind of helping them understand not only the discipline that goes beyond it, but just uh, just just the sacrifices, right, the things that they most likely will have to be in front of at some point if they want to take soccer as far as they can. But I think it's it's it's it's not the regular or the average you know, the average Joe, average Joe's kind of trajectory, right, I think the trajectory of sometimes what they play in their head is completely different than what it what it can truly be.
Speaker 2: One of the things that I wrote down as we take our first right turn of the morning, uh, from your last visit, it says coaching up and p K's that with the with it says coaching up.
Speaker 1: P K.
Speaker 2: Garza. Literally, this is the note that I have from the last time that we that we talked about these kinds of things, and I just want to first off, I just want to take it from the idea of coaching somebody else because you moving going into someplace new, taking that next step, taking those next strides in your life, and living in a big, capital h house, you know, something like that. When it comes to coaching up an individual, coaching up a mentee, obviously they wouldn't have knocked on your door if they weren't receptive to the idea of hopefully listening to what you have to say. But when it comes to coaching them up in a situation, in addition to understanding, yes, this is why I'm here, what do you have to do to get to that next level of encouragement? Because I get that there's probably a baseline of being a mentor and then there's that level of comfort and then okay, I've got to go to this next level with these individuals. So when it comes to coaching up your men, tease and going to that next level, that second level with them, obviously I would think that it differs from individual to individual. But how do you as a mentor gauge Okay, I've really got to dial it up with this person, I see promise or I need to dial it up with this person so they can see the promise. How do you figure out when to dial it up with a mentee's.
Speaker 6: That's a great question. I think once you start to build that kind of trust and I think I think Mike and I always say it's like personal storytelling. I think is by far my favorite thing to do because it allows you to build that connection with each an individual, helping them understand whether it be the trajectory of the path that you took that that is so much different, but just to give them an idea of who you are and what you've been through right or who you are and kind of what got you to where you wanted to go. I think breaking the ice there and kind of you know, building a better bond in relationship ship. In those moments are when I think I am able to pull the trigger and then say, okay, this is this is now something that we can speak about in regard to maybe building more responsibility or bettering their accountability or helping them understand, hey, this this this can be something that you can look forward to for a really long time. And if you do it this way, this is how we did it, this is how I did it and it worked for us. So, you know, each each and every individual is different. And I think that's the beauty of mentorship. And Mike and I always speak about it as well, is that some kids just want to make varsity from JV, right, and some kids want to truly aspire to become a pro. Some kids want to take the life values and the life hacks of what we what we speak about into maybe a business they want to run one day.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: There's there's there's so many different little nuances and things that we're able to implement and apply to all of our sessions. And each each and every kid differs. That's the beauty of it as well. Each and every kid thinks differently, each and every kid reacts differently, each and every kid aspires differently, Each and every kid once onces something different, And I think kind of building them up within their own internal belief uh, and kind of helping them understand what they see in the mirror every day and what they're working with every day. That that's that's something that's you know, a massive, a massive you know benefit I think to.
Speaker 2: Our program well, and I would imagine though that it's also a learning experience for you and trying to figure out, Okay, here's where I hit the clutch, Here's where I hit the brake, Here's where I hit the gas. Because of understanding where that men tee is coming from. It's like, Okay, no, I don't want to be you know, I don't want to be messy. I just want to get to college. No, I don't want to be messy. I just want to figure out, Okay, how do I apply these life skills? How how much of a learning experience has that been for you? And cap to to gauge Okay, I might be I don't know if I'm pushing hard enough. I don't know if I'm pushing too hard. How much of a how much of a life hack has it been for you?
Speaker 6: It's it's been immense because you learn. I think that's the cool part. And we talked about it before you learn. You learn a lot from your menties. You learn how they view certain things. And you and I have gone over like the self belief, self discipline, self regulation, self assessment, and there's been times to where I mean, obviously I have to kind of push push the envelope a little bit more with with some of the kids, right, and kind of really help them understand certain phrases or paraphrases or synonyms or things that I think of in which how those apply to me. But there will be some kids that just absolutely blow it out of them, right, They just completely explode with amazing phrases and amazing things, and you're like, wow, this is this is how this kid views this that I want to use that, Right, I'm going to use that for myself. I'm going to use that in being committed to something or finding consistency in something like Sometimes they'll they'll just completely take you by a surprise. And I think that that's that's where uh, you know, having that flexibility and just being adaptable and and and and the willingness and and and wanting to learn. Even for us as as adults we're teaching kids, but we're also learning a lot from these kids as well, which is, uh, which is a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'll bite what are some of those phrases and descriptors that they are introducing to you that you wouldn't have necessarily thought of or applied into a situation where oh man, what's the hell of a way to sit there and think of something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wish, I wish I've saved. I mean, whenever I do the exercise with them, I usually I use post it notes. Ah, and I'll kind of it's really interesting, I'll be able to fit all of our phrases within and we'll divide that. We'll divide that post it note in four right, in four sections, and we'll do the four selves. And I mean, I can't really you know, I wish I would save all of those posting notes of some of the kids to where I'm just completely blown away by some of the phrases that they come up, because it's it's ultimately what applies to them. Right if I look at self belief, for me, I'm thinking about you know, taking risks or making mistakes or you know, just the good old confidence, right, the good old taking responsibility or having the faith in yourself or you know, ability to take over or come into a flow state. And there'll be other kids to where they'll look at those excuse me, niece, go for it, lost it. But there'll be other kids that that you know, you do that with, and they'll just come up with things that are completely different than what you would ever what you would ever kind of think self belief to be you know, I can't think on the top of my head, but you know, there's there's so many interesting ones that we have gotten, whether sometimes be speaking with high schools or even middle schools or teams. But my favorite is just the individual work because you're really diving deep into how that individual thinks about about certain qualities of themselves, or you kind of look at it and I you know, one interesting thing for me is whenever we do finish like that exercise with a lot of kids, they'll they'll look at it and they'll stare at it, and they'll kind of they'll kind of think to themselves of like, Okay, I have some of these, but man, I really need to focus on a lot of these that I've just written down for myself. And that's the power of writing things down. I think that's the power of putting things out into existence because they're giving themselves almost like a guideline and an accountabiit. I tell them it's an accountability list, right, It's it's a way to hold yourself accountable and and and also kind of consistently see things towards where where you want to go, where you want to get to uh. So you know it's it's that guideline to your personal success of it.
Speaker 2: Essentially, how do you not get lost in all of the information that this might be something that you address both as a mentor and a mentee. Because of all this flow of information that seems like it comes to you from a mentee and from you as a mentor, how do you prioritize all of the information that might be coming your way? Because they all might be great hints, they all might be great ideas, But how do you look at the list and prioritize and go, Okay, this needs to be number one, This needs to be number two, instead of getting lost in the sauce and looking at it as a piece of paper that has a lot of information on it and going, man, what do I knock off first? How do you talk to a mentee to sit there and go, okay, this is what you need to do first. Don't get lost in those other four here's the order that you need to attack or is there an order that you need to attack? Just hit whatever you can knock off the list?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think, like for example, in the foreself, they're all interconnected, right, and so if you're lacking in one, you can always reroute yourself to another, and I think that's the beauty of it as well. Usually, like kids, at the end of that exercise, they'll usually kind of make arrows pointing to where they can go if they are feeling a lack in one of them, and I think that's something that really helps them. And I don't me personally as a mentor, I don't try and give too much information within every session that we do. I try and mainly focus on just one thing, right, whether it be a lot of acronym exercises that we've created or acronym exercises that I've created with my just just thinking about and looking and learning from things. I don't try and give too much information so it'll allow them to just truly focus on what that is for that day, because I feel like for me, I'm such a visual learner as well. I need to see things to kind of understand them the best way possible. So yeah, I try, and I try and teach the way that I guess I learn as well. But you know, giving them hints and giving them showing them proof for giving them video footage of something to kind of explain more of what's needed from them. I think that's a massive point of it as well. But I don't try and jump all over the place. I think I think having a lot of you know, great minds alike. You know, whenever we did the ICA training for for MLS, the Inner Cultural Awareness, which we have those meetings in a couple of months to kind of revamp ICA two point zero for two thousand and twenty five. So we just I just got that email a couple of days ago to be involved again and to be one of the head speakers. So I think it's interesting because now I think now even doing that has allowed me to bring in a lot of things that I do in mentorship, uh, and I have a lot of ideas, and so I think that now building that trust with them and helping them understand from from a league standpoint, hey, this guy can speak to people, and this guy can really get a message across. Well. I have a lot of messages as well that I work with mintees that I feel like would be fantastic to work with with professionals. So you know, I think that's that's just another another way that we can another path that we can take. But yeah, it's it's it's interesting to to to you know, when we talk about giving so much information. Uh, whenever we started those ICA trainings, in that first day, we did like a seven hour workshop all day and at the end of it, I think every single one of our brains was just absolutely fried because it was just too much, and they wanted us to speak for like three hours to all the players, and I was like, look, the most you're going to get out of a professional athlete is like thirty five forty minutes. Uh if if that right? So you know, you have to find a way to interact, keep them connected, and and you can't just be speaking to them about certain things. You have to get them on board with with what you're trying to the message that you're trying to portray. So you know, I think it's the same. It's the same with a lot of kids as well. If you really think about it, the kid's attention span. My kids attention span is ten seconds, right, So I'm trying to think about things within my sessions that it's just one piece of information turned into a bigger exercise, but always leading back to what that initial conversation or that initial point within the exercise is.
Speaker 2: Because there's a difference in speaking with someone then speaking to someone.
Speaker 6: I'm always for speaking with someone rather than speaking to someone. And even when I go and speak to title I schools, or even when I go and speak to middle schools or kids who are struggling in school, or kids who are getting in trouble and iss and oss with those kids, I always start with questions first. I never do questions last. I never speak to them. And I'm like, you know, hey, now we're going to leave the last ten to fifteen minutes and open up for questions. I want you to give me the questions first. Give me the questions first, because then it opens up a great conversation to have and now I can give them proof or I can kind of dig deep and think about stories, whether they be personal or with other people that will help connect their question. And it's not just giving. And that's where I think that personal storytelling becomes, you know, key and clutch to to really giving and kind of getting that message out.
Speaker 2: Because if you because in a situation like this, and I do want to get into your acronyms, so you put that in the back of your head for the minutes, that's good. But questions first versus questions last. Traditionally, if you are called up to speak, and we see this a lot, you know, even when we were growing up. You know, hey, it's a show and tell day, and we have an adult here. If the adult starts by, or the expert of the leader or what have you, starts by talking, then by the time they have finished talking, you just want to get out of the room. All of that momentum that the speaker or that that dignitary or that person of importance might have had coming in, all of that momentum is lost, and the interest is lost, and everybody's tired, and you just want to leave. So questions last won't necessarily lend itself to a learning back and forth where questions first puts the onus on the listener to sit there and look at their own curiosity and it's like, okay, well why are you here? Can I how can I play off of you and get my energy moving first, as opposed to having all of the energy dissipate and wanting to get out with questions last.
Speaker 6: Most, definitely, I think it kind of for me, it kind of softens it softens the room. It allows them to kind of feel an easier way to speak to an adult. I think sometimes it's hard for kids to have that courage and and and kind of.
Speaker 2: Confidence, and especially someone that's not family.
Speaker 6: Especially someone that's not family, especially someone that like I look at like title Win schools, or kids that I speak to that are in trouble, like they that their their level of trust is probably quite low, right because they feel like you know, anybody around them, they probably most likely don't don't trust. So I think allowing them to kind of build that connection from the off and and and asking specific questions that might be of help to them is a huge is a huge benefit to to to lead off.
Speaker 2: You mentioned acronyms, all right, I'll bite. What kind of acronyms are ones that you that you have or that you've created that help in your creative process?
Speaker 6: Man, we got a lot, obviously. We have the four selfs. We have the three c's. Three seas is a good one. I can't give all my secrets.
Speaker 2: Away, no, no, no, buts.
Speaker 6: Three seasons ago and it's confidence, consistency, and commitment. We have a lot of them. I have the three most, I have three m vts. That's a good one. To kind of always tell kids, look, I like to focus on the mindset, and even when I speak to to to even parents as well. I truly like to focus on the mindset. But I think that the heart has a lot to do with it as well. So heart, heart and head connection. The three three m vts is three most valuable things in your life. That's one of my favorite ones to do with kids because it allows them to kind of see how fortunate they are and and kind of build that internal connection of the people around them providing support, which is which.
Speaker 1: Is a really good thing.
Speaker 6: There's a lot, there's a lot we have, I mean a lot of three things. You have three controllable factors. I like things that come in threes. Yeah, just just things, things that are controllable, things that can essentially help them understand how to how to process, how to process circumstances and maybe trials and tribulations that they'll they'll encounter in the future. I think that's that's the That's one of my biggest messages is just helping these kids. It's not necessarily hey, give us a call or work with us when crap hits the fan. Yeah, it's more so of just hey, this is This is preparation because life is going to have it's ups and downs, it's ebbs and flows, and it's it's it's hard times and good times. But you know, the way that you react, the resiliency that you have within is is going to be a massive It could be a massive turning point for you and in that moment of your youth soccer career, or in that moment of your profession career and whatever you choose to do in your life. So I like to really connect it to that.
Speaker 2: As well, because consistency is key in all of this. Where you don't want to hit somebody at a high point. You don't want to because they'll sit there and they may think that they're you know, unbeatable or what have you. You don't want to hit them at a truly low point because they might be so down on themselves that they either won't keep the information, won't listen to the information, or just not want to be engaged in the process. I think that the key here is to to engage them and keep a level of consistency so when they have those highs, they understand why it's a high and understand why while it might be a low point. It is not a fixed low point, if that makes any sense. You want to try you want to draw them back to the middle as opposed to you don't want to sit there and say, well, having a high as bad or being at a low is going to get better. You want to try to eight. You want to keep the consistent seeing and have them understand the highs of the world.
Speaker 6: There are so many different ways to use the word consistency. You can talk about the emotional curve, which is probably what you're talking about right now, right, and we use I use another Chinese proverb which is great Chinese farmer, his son and the Black Stallion, which is a great Chinese proverb. Not sure if you've read it before, but it's a it's a great Chinese proverb. Teaches about the emotional curve and understanding how to stay closer to the baseline there there, you know, these are these are stories that I can tell, Like that story right there, I can tell a young kid, right, a very young kid who's at the age of eleven twelve, and their their their emotions are just I mean, even my son emotions are all over the freaking place, right, and so it's it's helping them. Hey, can you be the Chinese farmer right? Think about the Chinese farmer next time this happens. Just self talk Chinese farmer. And there are so many kids that I work with that are like man. The parents will be like man. After the game, I was like man, my son near my didn't react a certain way, and you know, asked them, what do you tell yourself? Like how did you get through that moment?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Because I remember coach Creig, we did the Chinese farmer. And so you know, there's so many proverbs that you can give within especially with an Asian culture that kind of linked them. You know, teaches the essence of life, which is great. But the coolest thing for me about consistency is that any kid that I ask what consistency means on the field, and every kid will tell you that consistency means that you always play well. And it's interesting, every single kid, nine out of ten kids that I ask, will always say consistency means that because you know, what their coaches are telling them is that you need to be a consistent player. You need to be a consistent player. You need to be a consistent player. And I'll always ask them you know, how many games do you think you've played in your youth career so far? I mean, these kids played two games, three games every weekend. So if they're fifteen sixteen years old, man, they've played six hundred games in their lives so far. And so it's it's it's always an interesting one for me. And I always asked them, well, how many games do you think you've played really well? In those six hundred games? Maybe half right, and maybe maybe you know a quarter of them or the other half that they've they've probably done terrible, right, And So in my mind, consistency is not playing well always, because even as a professional athlete, you're not always going to play well. But I always tell them to write things down that they do on a consistent basis whenever they play, because that's what makes you a consistent player. I knew the second that Brad Guzanne had the ball, my absolute tale was going to be on the touch line before anybody was ever going to tell me, right, And that is something that I did consistently well. I knew that whenever the ball went up, the first thing that I thought to myself was making sure I was going to stick with my line.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: So I was looking over at LGP and Parky and you know, Franco or Julian whoever was on the other side of making sure that I was in line with them. That was something that I did religiously and consistently. Well, So it gets them once again, it gets them to start thinking, Wow, Okay, they're probably things that I do on a consistent basis. Do I always try and play forward? Do I always try and make sure I'm in a defensive stance?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: There's little little nuances and little things that they have within their game that they've never thought about before. And so that, to me, I think is a big one to help them understand the value of what consistency truly can be. And I think it gets them away from Okay, I need to always play well. No, if I do these things, then you know I'm giving myself a chance of performing consistently.
Speaker 2: Thankay, the fourth is holding up the light board, so I know that we're gonna add a couple of minutes here. Last question for you has to do with the pressure of decision day and right now, specifically Land United. They got to win down with the Purple team, They got to get business taken care of How do you handle or how would you advise handling the pressure of got to have it to have a chance.
Speaker 6: What did I call the team last year? What did what was I think?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You do? I can't remember.
Speaker 6: I heard somebody say it and I I started cracking up and I completely forgot it. You just said the Purple team. I was like, man, that's somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I see. But now you're thinking about it, and I know you can text me when you remember it, textas.
Speaker 6: I don't remember, dude, I got too many other things on my mind right now. I gotta get all these boxes out of my house and recycle.
Speaker 2: Monday.
Speaker 6: Brother, Oh it's Tuesday here, Tuesday here.
Speaker 2: How do you handle the pressure of decision day knowing that you got to have a result.
Speaker 6: Yeah, uh, you can't think about anything else. You just have to do what's what's in front of you. I don't know, it's it's I've been in that situation before, even in Mexico, to where we did not qualify. We had to wait for other we were playing away in the Coxa and we had to have like two other games finished the way that we wanted to. I did not go with the way that we wanted, because I think we were probably already extremely disappointed with how the whole entire season had gone, and I think it was just kind of one of those things to where we just let let our guard down, or it was too much thinking about other results, and so it's it's it's a really difficult place to be. I think you can even look at you know, even Rob's Rob's interviews, right if you watched his last interview, I think pregame of maybe yesterday. You know, I think it's a very tough situation to be in. You know, you you have to focus on what's in front of you, but at the same time, you're not too confident, you know. I think you can kind of hear that within their voices whenever they give the interviews of you know, it's it's you can only control what's in front of you and hopefully you can get a good result. I would say, in the back of my mind, the only thing I would have is just to get a good result, to leave a last impression, to finish off on a good note.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: And if for some odd reason something miraculously happens, then it's happened. I don't know if it's deservingly but it's happened, right, and so I think that's uh, that that's probably that's probably my main focus, just to finish off on a good note. I wouldn't even I wouldn't even think about qualifying or getting into the playoffs. Just just finish.
Speaker 2: On a good note, because there's other things at play, like your job future, whether it's in the town that you're in currently or somebody else that might be looking at you.
Speaker 1: Seven.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of guys having second thoughts about where they're going to be in a couple of weeks right now. So yeah, you gotta, you gotta, you gotta perform for who's watching you right now, or you got to perform for somebody who's watching that last game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, So what's going on with beyond goals? Menoring my friend other than you? Other than you moving boxes for recycle?
Speaker 6: Same old, same old man, same old, same old, working hard. I'm getting into that cold weather business. So high school is right around the corner, so I'm sure we'll be making some really cool connections here in a couple months, and just continuing to build a game.
Speaker 2: Love It Go Sneeze'd be good my friend. We'll see you soon.
Speaker 6: That's good. Always good to connect it.
Speaker 2: Take care all right, all right, you too, Greg Garza, and it's always great to catch up with Greg and our friends at Beyond Goals Entering. I know I kept him long past ten o'clock, but I had to ask about decision day and at Lane United, all right, late to the party. Morning, David, morning, Alex, morning, everybody, morning, Harry. Harry was in early this morning in the Central time zone. As always, we will have our programming out later today with USL Championship USL League One, and then tomorrow we'll have our look at MLS next Pro because the playoffs start on Sunday. It is the round of sixteen, eight and eight either side. We'll go over all that stuff coming up in just a little bit. And Alex, the only thing worse than winning and the other results not doing you a favors not winning, and I'll correct, yes, and not winning all the other planets aligned, absolutely true. So yeah, the the the if if we had done hours then as opposed to what we did ours and they didn't, you know, they didn't cooperate, all right, So let's go over the uh activity on the weekend. We've invited pretty much anybody and everybody that wants to come in to discuss what's going on with Atlanta United or anything else in Major League Soccer. Here for our number two. So with the bat signal is out, anybody that crashes the party will come in and crash the party. We'll go over the updated juice boxes, will go over what is the scenarios. Scenarios. I feel like a movie Silver Streak with Patrick McGowin. I've been to the scenario where bye, uh so we'll go over all the things and Jared is here to discuss all the things. Some of the things.
Speaker 1: We actually all the things. Yeah, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Uh? Literally, you are here right at the beginning of the batting order. So I was going to do updated juice boxes and say the Atlanta United discussion the tale end and you know, just have folks drift in and drift out and see what's going on with decision day and who's got what and who's in and who's out and what do you got to do and all that other kind of ish. So that's that's where we are this morning. When it comes to all of the juice boxes. Remember kickoffs simultaneous in the Eastern Conference, all at six ten. I imagine at six ' ten. Considering that's what Apple has done all season long, this would be that one time where it's like no, no, no, it literally is a six.
Speaker 1: O'clock kick, I will fight someone.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've gone to the tens all season long. And then, well, like I said, right now, it is listed at six o'clock Eastern, nine o'clock eastern. I am operating under the premise that it is six ten and nine ten. We'll go over the officiating crews as well. That are a part of the discussions after we roll through the juice boxes. But wouldn't this be the day where it would end up being like, you know, we're going to be at six o'clock. So all right, so juice boxes, here we go. It is a CF Montreal in New York City six ' ten kick. I imagine CF Montreal is a plus one ninety five. Your draw is a plus two seventy two NYCFC. Who has things to play for? They are at a plus one twenty two. And so it will be intriguing to play instad suputo when you got some stuff that you got to figure out and then you lay it all You lay it all out on the line for all of these things. So seating is going to be intriguing here. For NYC, specifically, they can pass the Purple team for a spot in the top four, claim a round one hosting right in the Eastern Conference. The others. You could end up with Seattle on RSL, chasing after the three in the West. Plenty of movement possible. Further down Vancouver Minnesota look to avoid the wild card game. Messi and friends will get into them in just a bit. But your juice boxes in Montreal plus one twenty two shifted slightly more toward even money on NYC, and I mean slightly one plus one ninety five for C if Montreal, your draws a plus two seventy two. Chicago and Nashville is an East is an Eastern Conference game, but yes, so that means it is a six o'clock six ' ten start, and Chicago is even money plus one hundred. The draw and Nashville are within the margin of error. Nashville's a plus two to fifty four in the composite courtesy of our friends of odds Portal, and the draw is a plus two fifty nine DC and Charlotte d C is on the minus side at a minus one oh six draws a plus three oh five. Charlotte to win on the road is a plus two forty. Like I said, we'll go over all the scenarios and lets you know what's going on here in a bit. Messi and Friends hosting the REVS at the Erector Set in Fort Lauderdale. The odds have pretty much exploded, No real surprise. Messi and Friends are chasing after a new single season points record if they beat New England at home. The twenty twenty one revs are the current record holders was seventy three. Messi and Friends have seventy one. They've clinched the pie plate and have MLS Cup hosting priority, so the numbers once again no real surprise. Messi and Friends are to minus two eighty six draws a plus four seventy one. The revs are a plus six eleven. If you wish to go down that road, that number has exploded from one side of plus six hundred to the other in twenty four hours. Red Bulls and Crew, this game means nothing to Crewe. If I remember my math correctly, it ain't meaning nothing. You got nothing there, So one, two, and three are all laid out. Miami's at seventy one, Columbus is at sixty three. They can't touch Miami. They can't be touched by Cincinnati. So doesn't mean anything to Columbus at all. Nothing, nothing, nothing to Columbus. So went through a couple of the early juice boxes. NYC has something to play for. The favorite number has gotten a little closer to even money plus one hundred and no one cares about Chicago and Nashville. And also we're at DC and Charlotte. DC's on the minus side of the minus one oh six MESSI and Friends a big favorite as they chase the points record. Red Bulls and Crew. Red Bulls a plus one thirty three draws a plus two seventy four Crew, who probably will trot out as many Crew two folks as they could get away with, considering they would have to play on Sunday as well in the MLS next Pro playoffs, or a plus one seventy four, So the game means nothing to Crew. They are understandably an underdog. Union and Sinci Philadelphia is a minus one twenty eight. They're a part of the mess. The four teams in the two spots draws a plus three twenty two FC Cincinnati is a plus two point eighty. Cincinnati cannot be touched by Orlando. They're the three regardless of what happens. And if you were looking for a danger sign and somebody to get bumped in round number one of the playoffs, no matter who they're facing, I'm staring at you, Cincinnati. So of those six o'clock six ' ten starts, Jared, outside of Atlanta and the Purple team, which we're saving, what sticks in your mind with what's going on in the Eastern Conference here for decision Day.
Speaker 1: I mean the Philadelphia sinc One matters. Here's my thing, and we'll get deeper into it with Atlanta. Of the many mini games that you can look back on and be angry about that have put you in the situation, the two that stick in I had the most are Montreal and Nashville. You had no excuse playing the way you did against Nashville just badly unacceptable. You can't lose that home game because if you have those six points, even if you had two points, even if you got draws in those games, you're in a much better situation. You've made your bed. Now you're in chaos mode, Philly. Since he's really interesting, you're gonna be watching obviously the four games that matter. Like that just kind of goes without saying. And I think a lot of for me personally, a lot of that East Coast boils down to those four games. Like the rest of it is, like everyone, I think goes into it the same way we go into like the fourth quarter of a blowout in football. Hey, run the offense, don't get hurt. That's kind of feels like what it is. There have been more chaotic this decision days. There have been less chaotic decision days. But all we ask for, uh as patrons of the gods of chaos, is that you give us at least something funny to watch on decision day, and we have been blessed with that. For me, it's it's those four games, and it's you. It's how much those teams want to go want to like go go go full bore into those games because you're not gonna get much movement in that top in the top part of the playoffs. So you know, if if things start to get things start to get away from you, if you're Charlotte, maybe you just power down, right if things start to get away from you, if you're New York City, maybe just power down. But you know, this thing could come down to there's there's gonna be one of those things where this could very simply come down to the last ten minutes of the season, and we don't know which teams are going to the playoffs on which you're not. And it's very easy for us to sit here and say, and I know it's kind of been the dooming gloom thing in the city of you know, you don't expect anything good at this point. But I'm here to tell you there's plenty of fans of those four teams who are also going to be like anxiety ridden by what they're going to have to watch. You're not the only ones who have to suffer here. Those fan base are gonna suffer too. It's not always gonna be pretty current points. They could, they could they could also very easily spit the bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is absolutely true. Point situation once again, one, two, and three. They're locked in. No one can touch them. Orlando's the four at fifty two. NYC is the five at fifty Charlotte is the six at forty eight. Red Bulls are the seven at forty seven. That is one group of chaos. Then the eight to nine has DC and Montreal at forty points and ten wins. Then you have filled out Eelphia and Atlanta thirty seven points, nine wins. Now, remember, here's your tie breaking scenarios in order, total number of wins, goal difference, goals four, fewest disciplinary points per match. I'll only go there because I don't think we're going to go any place deeper than fourth. Because looking at the eight, nine and eleven and twelve currently laid out as it is ten, thirteen and ten, that's DC in Montreal, Philadelphia and Atlanta nine fourteen and ten. Folks win, folks lose, You're going to be looking at that ten win marker. Okay, keep going. Goal difference benefiting two teams of the four, it would be Philadelphia and Atlanta. Philadelphia is at plus eight, Atlanta's at minus four, d C is at minus fifteen, Montreal is at minus eighteen. DC's given up sixty seven goals this year. Montreal not too far behind them at sixty four. So that's goal difference right there. Third, if it got to it, and I don't think it would just because of the difference in goals, because literally it would have to be something where DC and Montreal would lose and at Philadelphia and Atlanta would have to like win. And so you're not going any deeper than that. So we're not going to go any deeper than the goal difference category because that pretty much will decide where things land when it comes to all of your tie breakers. So your scenarios in the East disciplinary points would get into all that madness too. So your tie breakers are those particular tie breakers. That's where you are in order when it comes to laying things off. And remember, if you get into the wildcard round, you go from playing on Saturday to playing on Tuesday, Wednesday, you win. In the wildcard round, you go to playing on from or Saturday, and you're playing all the way through in theory November tenth if you get it to the best to the third game of the best of three. So that is where you are with the tiebreaker scenarios. Now your scenarios for the four clubs at the bottom, Like I said, we know the chaos with who's gonna do what? And then you look at math for the first chase group four through seven, eight, nine, ten, eight, nine, twelve, and thirteen or eight, nine, eleven and twelve Sorry d C in with a win or drug against Charlotte or Montreal loses versus NYC and Philly does not get full points against Cincinnati and d C owns the tiebreaker advantage over Montreal, or Montreal loses against NYC and Atlanta does not win at Orlando and d C owns the tiebreaker advantage over Montreal or Philly does not get full points and Atlanta does not get full points. See if Montreal in if win or draw. Basically, if they don't lose to NYC or DC loses, Philadelphia doesn't get full points and Montreal owns the tie breaker advantage over d C. D C loses and Atlanta doesn't get full points and Montreal owns the tiebreaker advantage over Atlanta or Philadelphia does not win against Cincinnati and Atlanta does not win against Orlando because they're introducing all these doesn't win lose draw things, So basically, I'm trying to knock out as many words as possible so we all don't lose our minds. Philly in if they win and Montreal loses and DC loses or Philly wins, Montreal loses, Atlanta does not get full points, Philly wins and Montreal loses. Philadelphia owns the tiebreaker advantage over Atlanta. Philly wins, DC loses, Atlanta doesn't get full points, or Philly wins. DC loses. Philly owns the tiebreaker advantage over Atlanta. Atlanta in IF win, and this is predicated on winning first and foremost, since you were at thirty seven points, win first and foremost and Montreal loses, DC loses when Montreal lose, Philly doesn't get full points. When Montreal loses, and Atlanta has the tiebreaker advantage over Philly, Atlanta wins, DC loses, and Philly does not win. Against Cincinnati, Atlanta wins, DC loses, Atlanta owns the tiebreaker advantage over Philly. So there you go. That's Atlanta, and that's where we are. Nothing like a bunch of win and that's where you are. If you are below the playoff bar, it is win. And tried to break that down as much as possible. So that's your six o'clockers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again as much as we talk about Atlanta, because again we're based in that betro Atlanta, as much as we talk about them, you have three other teams, two of whom control their destiny, two of them do not, who are also going to be kind of staring at everything wondering what if at the end of this, because two teams are going to go home very unhappy and they're going to be feeling very much disappointed and a feeling of what if. I think, because Philadelphia is going to feel that. Now, imagine if Atlanta doesn't spit the bidding of Philadelphia early in the season, which still to me feels like the folk of this entire season. You blow that lead to Philadelphia at home inexplicably when you were like they were dead and you just crawl back into the game. If you take care of that, does everything turn because you were you were, you were fine up to that point. Wasn't perfect nothing ever is? I mean, you can sit there and watch results and look for the bad and everything and look for it. Oh, this is bad, so this is going to come crashing down. You can do that. Now you can also be realistic and look at things like, hey, we need to improve this, but also you can do it in a way that isn't a doom and gloom, but you were getting results. You were getting results, you were getting wins not playing at your best. Hell, when you beat Orlando early this season, you didn't play your best and you still beat them too. Now, but you kind of let that Philadelphia game roll down hill on you. But yeah, you got two teams are going very much feel like they let everything get away, and they did. Whether that's Atlanta, Philly, DC, or Montreal too. Of those teams are going to have let this opportunity slip away, and they're all they're all going to have to have a very hard look in the mirror. We know. Atlanta's, I think, is going to be the most extreme because of all the changes that are coming in front office and coaching staff and roster like there is going to be the most extreme one. Montreal's, I feel like, isn't as extreme, Like Montreal was kind of rebuilding everything anyway. So it's fine, DC in the same boat Philadelphia is. And I don't know where Rich is when I need him. But Philadelphia still to me kind of feels like an existential crisis of we know what they can be, we know what they've been in the past, but they don't seem to have the horses anymore, and will they spend to give Jim Curtin what he needs and or will he use the kids in a way that is more risky. He's done it in the past. Go back to twenty eighteen in the playoffs where it was like Austin trust and it wasn't Mackenzie. I forget who the other center back. I don't think it was all. I don't think it was Mackenzie. But Austin Trusty was one of the young center backs that they threw out there during the season and they got burned repeatedly, but by playoff time they had the experience. As this core gets older, is he going to be able to turn to those kids as much? Is he going to be willing to turn to those kids as much? So whoever loses, they're gonna have some questions to answer. That's between them and God.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Rich is here, by the way, So Rich does exist.
Speaker 1: Friday, Rich, Yes, it's my question for you and your team is going to be do they spend and how much does Jim Curtin trust the kids going into twenty twenty five, because there's going to be got to turn over so many things there and I know, yeah, rich, So I don't know how much the I don't know how much the front office until you will spend in the off season and then you know how much do you trust? How much does Jim Curtin trust those kids like he did back in twenty seventeen, eighteen nineteen, how much does he trust them? Because I don't know? All yeah, because I and it's it's kind of my my staple for the play the kids thing is twenty eighteen where like Austin trustee, it was one of those young center backs who were just getting burned all year long and they just developed and developed and developed and suffered and kind of those it's kind of like watching someone kick us a log long enough where all the microfractures just calcified and those kids calcified into being good. But man, it's it's it's there's going to be pain points when you do it. Atlanta's gone through that in the past as well. Hell, I still have anger and my soul for the way George Campbell was talked about on this here, damn you know, cursed dead bird app by people who went week to week praising him and then damning him and then damning him with faint praise because you know, twenty and twenty one year old kid wasn't playing consistently as he was getting us first ever in the last minutes. Like I want to see how Philadelphia handles twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: And Rich is all in on Cavin Sullivan. No surprise.
Speaker 1: As long as he's here.
Speaker 2: Yes, three more years, three more years of Calvin Sullivan.
Speaker 1: Although like like, uh, he kind of got the arch Manning thing. We got three years to make some magic with you.
Speaker 2: So yes, really two from Arch before you before you transfer out, and and.
Speaker 1: Or what's the ald boy at Carlton High School who reclassified?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Juju, he's gonna leave he early. He's like no, it's like, jud you've made a business decision. I'm playing ahead.
Speaker 1: For those of you who playing are playing the home game, who don't know high school football in Georgia, that's okay, you'd be a if you did.
Speaker 2: Yuh.
Speaker 1: Juju is a quarterback at Carlton High School out in west west of town who's reclassified himself as a senior, So he's going to play three years of high school ball. But he's I think John he's committed to USC Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going out to Lincoln.
Speaker 2: Riley Land for the moment n I L. His n I L is two point one million dollars currently. That's the beauty o Lipstic City for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey man, you know what though, go for it.
Speaker 3: Hey, some of these n I L collectives are not playing games. But what happens when Kayla the Boar is like, hey, hey, Jalen Milro is going to be gone and I need someone to run this and say it all.
Speaker 2: Uh huh oh yeah, it'll be. It'll be.
Speaker 1: Or if Dan Lanning decides he wants a new toy to play with up there.
Speaker 2: In Eugene, mister Knight, mister Knight, mister Knight, you know it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a million as shit to him.
Speaker 2: No, that is absolutely true. I mean literally, it is literally that when you see things like what you see, it is absolutely going to.
Speaker 4: Be like this, Penny Sheldon.
Speaker 2: Literally you're knocking on the door of your of your NIL collective. But when Juju Lewis as in as a freshman said that he was declaring the Southern cow as we always say when it comes to Cruton, that's when the creutin started when you declared as a ninth grade that you were going to Southern col That's when everybody starts to dial it up. Right now, Yes, his nil is reported at two point one million dollars and he basically he's going to graduate in three years, and so he is he is going to go to college somewhere. We don't know yet. Until that fax is in, we don't have an answer officially, and so all of the talk between now and early in December is going to be that just talk, and then this is gonna happen sooner rather than later. I anticipate that you will have a high profile athlete in the high school ranks opt out of playing in a championship game because of their high in il and that they will have declared to go to a university in early December the state championships usually a week or two after, depending on which state you're talking about. I will guarantee you that you will get to the point where you have high school athletes opting out of playing in championship games because of their future and their money earnings that are still there. Because I'm not a businessman, I'm a business man. That's where we are right now and I can see it coming, Jared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be It's gonna be weird too when it happens. Especially is brigeting because we know we've got a couple of these seventeen year olds in college now, like Ryan Williams at Obama, Who's who might have been built in a lab.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he was, because.
Speaker 1: He's seventeen and he is. He is making twenty two year old men look like they want to quit what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Yes, but.
Speaker 1: If you tell me, as a kid, I'm sitting on anywhere between one and a half and two million dollars in nil and I might graduate early. Yeah, I don't want to go full Lance Harbor from Parsity Blues and blow my ride to Florida State. Which that's a hell of a dating for that movie, for what it's worth, because when that movie was made, a full ride to Florida State was was the thing is it was a late nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're talking, what if it's in state, you're talking somewhere in the neighborhood of forty thousand dollars out of state that was out of state dollars for four years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But man, like it's gonna be hard for me to sit here and say that kids are wrong for this. Also because I'm still bitter about two things on the coaching front, because I I we we saw it with mix sabment when he left after a signing day, when he retired Virginia's.
Speaker 2: Coach, announcing Tony Bennett.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tony, Tony Bennett stepping down? What are we thirty days away? Twenty days away?
Speaker 2: I'm three weeks yeah, m hm, three weeks yeah.
Speaker 1: Because I've seen a lot of the well at Iowa has chased away another great coach, Nil has been going on for a while.
Speaker 2: The quiet part is now out loud.
Speaker 1: People, Well, Tony Bennet's walking away three weeks before the start of the season. I hope nothing is medically wrong with him that facilitated this, because if there's not anything medically wrong, then I don't ever want to hear about how a player should be loyal to university again when the coaches can can and do dip out. Go look at man, y'all. Go read about the time Tommy Tumberville was at dinner with a player and went to take a phone call for the Cincinnati job. Accept the job, went back to the table and tried to flip the kid to Cincinnati with him in that moment. Who's the coach? Who was the coach at Auburn he tried to screw over repeatedly, I say one, as if there weren't I forget there was one coach in particular. Oh who was it? Somebody? Who's god, who was it he was? Uh? So he somebody he tried to get fired at Auburn. Okay, or it might have been Petrino.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Patrino was trying to stab anybody in the back.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, Patrino stabbed himself at the back and he saw himself in the mirror. My point being with with the money at stake now, for players, loyalty as a word and loyalty to themselves and their families. I won't begrudge them that anyway. I didn't mean to take.
Speaker 4: Us down this road though.
Speaker 2: That's on the OSG sports side of things. By the way, the college football programming The Review is taped on Sundays and released shortly thereafter, and the College Football X is in the midweek. This week, we catch up with the play by play voices at Iowa State and at Boise State. We catch up with Bob Beler in the studios at KBOI as he was talking about what's going on with Boise and Ashton genty So that was a good conversation. So that's on the act. You can catch that on at the OSG Sports Network and on your favorite podcatchers Western Conference. It is allegedly nine o'clock starts. It's what it's listed as. We think it's going to be nine to ten, but if it's nine o'clock then we wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 1: I will, I will. I'm trying to make time, but my Sundays are generally very busy, but I will, I will definitely make time. When Kennisaal State wins a football game, which should be in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: I think, well, the show show ain't going nowhere, But yeah, they.
Speaker 1: It was a long time there was Kennisaal State, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was a long night in the midweek in Murfreesboro where get in prices at Red Floyd were three dollars. Uh. We always talk about college football and a budget, and that was one of them. This past week. Austin FC without Josh Wolf is a plus one twenty five at home hosting Colorado, who's a plus one seventy five year draws a plus three oh five. FC Dallas minus one twenty two hosting Sporting Kansas City. FC D's a minus one twenty two draws plus three oh five sportings of plus two eighty seven now Houston and LAG. Houston is a plus one oh six. That number has wabbled slightly. Draws a plus two eighteen LAG on the road and the game that means something is a plus two eighteen. This one is what I think folks referred to as a line mistake. Plus two eighteen on the road at Houston. That one I'm staring at LAFC is a minus four seventeen at home against the Jared San Jose Earthquakes.
Speaker 1: You just want to go see a dead body to this game.
Speaker 2: FJF at the plus eight seventy eight and your draws a plus five sixty four loons in all Caps loons a minus one ninety two draws three seventy eight and plus it's.
Speaker 1: A tricky man like all Caps have been ish in the second half of the season. I still feel like they them firing their coach after they literally did not give him much to work with, of course, and certainly didn't give him any depth.
Speaker 2: Yea, Carnell gets injuries and then it's like, oh, by the way.
Speaker 1: And then he's fired because they didn't have much to begin with. They overachieved like a mofo last.
Speaker 2: Year, that's true, first time through the petting order.
Speaker 1: And then this year with injuries like it, just they didn't have much to work with. They didn't give him much, and then they fire him. They start bringing in guys, which is you know, the kind of thing that creates jokers in this world, that that will be his joker moment. I'm sure Minnesota, I think, can still drop into the wildcard game if they lose this.
Speaker 2: That will go over that in just a bit. But yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Minnesota, who has not always who has more than once gotten a gift horse and decided to look at its mouth in their existence, would do well not to look to this gift horse in the mouth and just take care of business. I think they will take care of business, right, but it would also be a little looning not to and to get dropped into the wildcard game and then you have to you suddenly like wake up and find yourself in midweek fight.
Speaker 2: Yes, RSL's even money plus one hundred, Vancouver, who's a plus two twelve, draws a plus three thirteen, and Cascadia at Lumen Seattle hosting Portland. Seattle's a minus one thirty draws a plus three hundred. Portland is a plus three fifteen. Now, conference standings in the West, LA is in just don't know where, three points ahead of LAFC, So basically LA needs a point. So I would say, look at the draw option, look at the win option. How confident are you about LAG sixty four points, three points ahead of LAFC. LAFC is either going to be the one or the two. Tiebreaker could go for a while because wins would be the same, and there's a margin of two. When it comes to goal difference, LAG is a plus twenty, LAFC is a plus two eighteen, so I could see LAFC trying to put up a number against FJF. Keep an eye on that one. Seattle Salt Lake both at fifty six points. Salt Lake if they win, they're at sixteen wins. If Seattle gets a point, there at fifty seven, so that's where that matters. But gold difference is the same at sixteen, but your win totals may not jibe if numbers end up being what numbers are. Houston in the second chase group fifty one points, and this is where the chaos is from five through nine, Houston at fifty one, Colorado at fifty, Minnesota at forty nine, Vancouver at forty seven, Portland at forty six. Portland cannot catch Minnesota in a tiebreaker if they were to win in Cascadia, so Portland would be at thirteen wins, Minnesota would be at fourteen. But if Vancouver wins on the road, Vancouver could jump Minnesota to Jared's point. And if Minnesota does not get a result, and goal difference could come into play here as well, you could end up with If Vancouver wins, they go to fourteen, twelve and eight. If Minnesota draws, that is their eighth draw goal difference. Right now, Minnesota is it plus six, Vancouver is at plus four. You would imagine that if it is a draw once again, Minnesota would stay at plus six. If Vancouver wins by two, then you're really getting into goals scored, and then Vancouver might have to put up a number because it's fifty four scored by Minnesota Vancouver fifty one, so Vancouver would be rooting for a goalless draw and putting up a number on the road to get a win.
Speaker 1: All I really wanted was kind of like if you remember the NPSL absolutely this summer where I went through the numbers for y'all. Ye, I showed you that the on decision day in the Southeast that if we had gotten like a nine mizil win, bye forget who it was near to win nil. One of the clubs needed to win nine nil. Hops, Yeah it was Hops needed a nine mizil win and they needed Carey to lose. I think it would have gone down to like the ninth tiebreaker, yes, and it would have been a coin flip, like they would just had to get together and.
Speaker 2: Flip a coin drawing of lots.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to draw straws like all the oil rig astronauts and Armageddon.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, when.
Speaker 1: They're deciding who's gonna blow up to stay behind and blow up the rock. Yeah, that's what I really wanted here. I wanted this to come down to let's see, let's see if we can get down to a part where we're deciding who when this who gets out of the wild card based on like flipping a coin, drawing lots and let's get it in like a like a late nineties closed circuit television on a gl TO on a cannon GL twenty camera recording at the tape like you still got the tracking bar at the bottom of the screen. We're gonna put a couple of weird like knockoff voltron toys in the background like we used to do with the US Open Cup draw.
Speaker 2: It's it's all soccer house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know. It's flip a coin in like a dimly lit room where a light bulb is flickering because the bulb they got from the Dollar General just ain't cutting it. Like that's what I really want. I want that energy to carry on through the playoff.
Speaker 2: Game, swinging in the room and not locked in into a position. It doesn't have a lampshade on. It's just kind of shifting from one side of the table to the other. By the way your tie breaking procedures. Total number of wins, goal differential goals four. Like I said, that could get crazy in the West. Fewest disciplinary points per match is number four. Disciplinary points. Fouls are one technical staff warnings are two yellow cards, are three second yellows or seven straight reds or seven, and so that's your disciplinary point, number away goals, different away goals four, home goals differential home goals four. And then the ninth tiebreaker is coin toss for a tie of two clubs or a drawing of lots in a tie of three or more. So that is how you get to the ninth circle of hell is by going through all of those. But you could go in the west. There is a scenario where you could go to number four, fewest disciplinary points per match and working at some kind of goofy blank and average and trying to figure out what it's going to look like.
Speaker 1: Then somebody gets like a really late yellow card or a series of like we get like a mass confrontation and multiple cards, and look, I'm begging y'all for chaos. Like I'm I'm in a situation watching Atlanta knowing that they don't control their own destiny because of their own inability to play consistent Balls of the Wall games this year. But if I can't have them comfortable in the playoffs, then give me the most chaotic playoff situation possible. Give me a world where Minnesota spits the bit against Saint Louis, gets run off, the field, goes into the playoff wild card round, and then somehow makes like the Western Conference file.
Speaker 2: And then there's something like that everyone will be wearing quarters zips and white T shirts.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I mean, I don't know how that's going to go though, because and she won't be there to blow it again.
Speaker 2: True. Yeah, So you're looking for Portland to win to get to forty nine, but they would lose out on the wins number of thirteen. So Portland wins, they'd lose a tiebreaker. They couldn't finish any higher if my math is right, they couldn't finish any higher than eight if they beat Seattle because they'd be at forty nine points and they would lose the first tiebreaker to Minnesota fourteen wins to thirteen. So Fancou would be the team to put Minnesota into the wildcard round by winning on the road. And so that's what you're looking at when it comes to that's what you want with chaos. You want Vancouver to win at RSL, at least at the bottom and the second chase group. So then RSL would then be stuck at fifty six, then if Seattle, if Portland was to win at Seattle, Portland goes to forty nine, Seattle stays at fifty six, but then they would have the same number of wins that they had going in. So Seattle looks like they have the tiebreakers leaning in their direction with sixteen wins to fifteen, salt Lake has too many draws. That's the problem here. Going into decision day in the West with the first.
Speaker 1: Prison, Seattle is still fascinating to me because I feel like we heard all year about Seattle and there is like this level of like uneasiness and are Seattle good? What's the problem out there? What's the timeline? Like for Brent Bran, is it time to make a change. Guys can't stay healthy? Oh shit, is it bad out there? Let me look, well, they're a third place. I haven't trade problems with you, SIAT that will happily trade problems with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Such a horrible year that they've had.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like the Bama thing, m which I mean, Mamma's problems are different this year. Getting getting blown off the ball by Vanderbilt is a different.
Speaker 2: Jordan Morris ain't doing nothing this year washed up?
Speaker 1: Man, alright, p Tammy, But yeah, yeah, something like that. I guess like I just like I remember like all year thinking like man, Seattle's like everything just feels like it's it's kind of on the edge for Seattle, and there's so many questions that look, they do have roster questions, they do have roster questions going into next year about how they want to build this, how they want to reset some of the ages. But man, I looked up. I'm like, what do you what do you your third place? Are you kidding me? I no longer care about your problems. I'm I'm happy for you.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, John, Sorry, I no longer care. I'm right there with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you deal with your problems in the off season. For now, go try and prevent this in this weird kind of unspoken inevitability of a traffic a Western Conference final, and it feels like it's coming. But it also feels like MLS digital Is is absolutely on board with it because they'll be able to It's the same thing in baseball, man, Like It's that it's the same thing of like, yeah, the what do you think the league wants? You know what the league wants? The League wants Dodgers and Yankees. Yes, Rob Manfred wasn't throwing a like a highball glass at a TV last night when Fy hit that walk off for the try for the Guard. Sorry anymore. As of one of the best last two wings of baseball I've seen in a couple of years, Man, that was Noel came up and hit a ball out to the damn lake. Yes, and then for I walks it off on the tenth Jesus, good job Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Also, I think the Mets are out of the Mets might be out of Managine. So yeah, if they come back from three to one, then then I will have been wrong. But they cannot hit a ball in the ass with a bass fiddle right now.
Speaker 2: No, then that's a big That's a big fiddle. The questions for Seattle Involvery Diaz, Rus Knack, Jill Polo club option on Cardoso and Leo Chew, as well as Andrew Thomas and Jonathan Bell and the supplementals. You have a lot of club options that are available, especially for six younger players Obed Vargas, Jackson, Reagan, Cody Baker still have a couple of years on them. But there are some decisions that need to be made backup keeper. Then you have club options for a couple of folks and the biggest names that they got to stare at our Joe, Paulo rus Knock and Ruy Diaz. Diaz, by the way, made just under two point eight last year, So that's the that is those are your your aging decisions for Seattle. And apparently, by the way, uh Luis Suarez is debating coming back next year.
Speaker 1: Whose legs are he you going to be? Is he gonna be.
Speaker 2: Using probably either Campana's or Kromaski's.
Speaker 1: Let me get with I'm out of flow?
Speaker 2: How can we swing that?
Speaker 4: Well, no, because his.
Speaker 1: Entire belief of like his entire belief of criticism of is be predicated in this instance of what's the best use he has for Miami. Well, we cut his legs off and we grasped him onto Luis Suarez to buy a couple more years. Correct, that's the greatest contribution you can make to Miami.
Speaker 2: Benefit the collective? Sir, how can I do that? How can I still be a part of this run? We need your legs to give to Luis Suarez.
Speaker 1: So I know people have asked about like man we should get a guy like that here, Mac if Miami really wanted to and put a kpana up on the market in the league for trade. Hey, it wouldn't be This wouldn't be the only town with people.
Speaker 4: Saying go get him, man.
Speaker 1: Hey, another, there are number of clubs I'm sure in a number of fan bases would be like, bring Leo in here, and nobody's going to say a word.
Speaker 2: Man, No, no, no, no, no, absolutely not. Oh and so that reminds me, since we're here on this number point.
Speaker 1: Does that remind you of he asked, terrified of the answer.
Speaker 2: Total calf allocation. This is this courtesy of our friends at spot track. By the way, total cap allocation forty one six and seventy seven thousand dollars. Half of that's going to lien on Messi. By the way, Messi is twenty twenty four and guaranteed for twenty five. Busquets is now at eight and three quarters guaranteed for twenty five. Suarez has a club option, Jeordi Alba has a club option. They're each at a million and a half. Nikola Frere is out of contract this year. Thanks for dropping by. Let's see Gressel's got a couple of years. Kritsoft's got a club option. Compagna actually has three more years under contract as a DP, given salary just over seven hundred and twenty thousand dollars. Jump on that issue a second for Kunda. Fadias at a U twenty two is a couple more years under contract. Mattias Rojas has a couple of club option years attached, Diego Gomez a couple of years, Thomas Avolis a couple of years. Drake Callender has one more guaranteed waigand has a club option at the end of this year. Emerson has a loan until June and then a club option. As a U twenty two, they have like nine gazillion U twenty twos. They have one, two, three, four, five U twenty twos currently on the roster. Five Negri has a club option. Robbie Robinson's out of contract, Redondo has a couple of years as a U twenty two. C J Josantos is a backup keeper, has a club option for this year and next, and Ryan Sailor is out of deal. Okay now homegrowns Ian Frey has a club option for next year. Kromowski re signed Noah Allen has one more guaranteed year than club option. Yannick Bright, Leo, Alfonso Cole Jensen Laws in Sunderland, and Harvey Neville who's out. They all have club options for next year with club options for subsequent years. And then David Ruiz is in Purple as a TBD what and dead money with Ascona and Schneider Borgeln dead money. They have one hundred and eighty three thousand and dead money. With your three dps being Messi, Busquets and Campana. Let's see a couple of tbds when it comes to non actives. Valent Morales boat right under contract, Tyler Hall under contract, David Martinez is alone, and Oscar Ustari is also a TVD. And that's from our friends at spot Track, by the way, And you can really go down a rabbit hole at spot Track and get lost. You can get lost looking at spot Track. So that is where things are with it, Landy United. I mean this will be the easiest that Landy United discussion we've had. You got to just take your business. I mean we could talk strategy all day long. Biggest thing. You gotta have it, So score early, keep the pedal down, keep chasing all those cliches that we can put the five bucks in the jar, all of them, all of them go in the jar. But biggest thing that you can have once again, give up an early goal. Orlando. Once again, we look at conference standings and Orlando right now in the Eastern Conference as a part of the discussion, they can't get to third, but they could be in the chaos of being in fifth if they lose. So that's the difference, and this is why Orlando has something to play for. Orlando could be the fourth home game, or they could be on the road. The four or five matchup could be one of two things. Orlando hosting NYC, NYC hosting Orlando. So that's why Orlando's got something to play for once again. Orlando City as one four of five, fifteen seven and eleven goal difference of plus ten, n y C at fifty points goal difference of plus seven. Like I said, there's more chaos in the Western Conference when it comes to four, third and fourth tiebreakers than there is in the East. But Orlando's going to be playing for something, so the game will be out of the blocks. It will not be something where you end up with a you know, Orlando could in theory play for a point if they wanted to. They could go for a kickabout because let's say NYC wins fifty three points, fifteen wins, it goes to goal difference, and unless NYC wins by a large margin and it makes up that three goal difference going in nyceed have to put up a number in Montreal. So Orlando's going to be playing for something. Four teams, two spots at the bottom positioning four five sixty seven. That's what's going on in the east, positioning in the west. Short of the first couple of spots, the one, the two of the three in the East are locked in positioning four five sixty seven and the eight nine. That's what's going on in the East. In the West, they're trying to figure out the one, the two separately within their own fight the three in the four, and then the chaos of five through nine. This has definitely been a personality flip of these two conferences here in in twenty twenty four ref assignments, we'll get into that and we'll keep an eye on who's in the middle, who's doing what, and who is where, what kind of a match to expect and molests assignments for week thirty eight from our friends at pro. We'll go through the matchups and see if there's any crossover of interest when it comes to who's in the middle, who's on the edges, and what it could look like, because no, you don't want it to come down to a particular moment and a particular crew and a particular center ref. But you never know. Fire in Nashville, John Freeman in the middle. Photos Bazakas is your fourth, Jaya Marufo is it DC and Charlotte okay. Corey Rockwell is your ar. Ismael L. Fath is your var. Alexis Da Silva has Messy and Friends in the revs. Jeff Gambles your var. Alan Chapman is in the middle for c F Montreal and NYC. Edvan Jurissevitch is your var. Red Bulls and Crue Guto Gonzalez Junior in a game that means nothing for Krube but means a lot for Red Bulls, So Geto Gonzalez Juniors in the middle. Soor in Steutschka is your VR. Ruby Olvasquez is in the middle for Orlando and Atlanta United. At Enter and co Kyle Atkins and jose Da Silva are your ars. Your fourth is Marcus d OLIVERA. Kevin Terry Junior is your VR. Tom Supple is your a VAR. Alfhia and Cincinnati get Joe Dickerson in the middle. Sergei Boyko is your fourth. Daniel Radford is your var. Keep the people's eyebrow attached to that one. That's your six o'clocks nine o'clocks in theory, unless it's nine to ten. Chris Penso is in the middle for Austin hosting Colorado. Remy Tushan is your fourth. J. C. Rivero is your v R. TJ's a BLOCKI is your avar.
Speaker 3: E.
Speaker 2: Katerina Coralva is in the middle. For FC Dallas and Sporting Katherine Nesbit is the AR. Drew Fisher is your fourth. Vangeris Savitch is your VAR. Drew Fisher is your fourth. Edvanngeris Savitch is your VR. Renee Par is your a v R. Rosindo Mendoza is the man in the middle for Houston and La G. Brooke Mayo is your AR. Ben Pilgrim is your ar to. Timothy Ford is your fourth. Michael Radchuck is your VR Tom Supple is your ava R. Pierre Luke Lozier is uh l a fc in San Jose Felicia Mariskaal is your AR one. Eduardo jeff is your AR two. Sergey Dimianchuk gets to travel from one end of the world to the other to be the fourth. Horygan Zales is your v R. Mike camp Minor is your A v A R. Lucas Zapala's in the middle for Loons and All Camps, Malik but Aw is your fourth. Unis Maracci is your v R. Craig Lowry is your A v R R s L and White Camps. Armando va Rayal is the man in the middle. Caroline Schnard is your v A R. Joshua pat Lack is your A v R, and Ismir Pekmich is in the middle for Cascadia Seattle hosting Portland at Lumen, Logan Brown Gianna, Johny Fachini or your AR is. Victor Revos is your fourth. Kevin Stott is your VR. Victor vas is your fourth. Kevin Stots your VR. Joseph Batco is your A v R. So that's your that's your rundown of your officiating cruise for de Day here in twenty twenty four conference quarterfinals in MLS Next Pro and all of those are on Sunday once again. Tomorrow, we will have your look at the matchups specifically and what it's going to look like and who made it in who got what where. We'll look back at some of the big matchups from the tail end of the regular season. They got a week to think about it. They had the draw on they had the draw on the YouTube channel for MLS Next Pro and let's pick your opponent the Pyo Show and the way that it is it was. I thought it was going to be somewhat chalky in the East and not in the West. It was flipped fire to in Orlando City B's at three o'clock on Sunday afternoon. All Caps is hosting LAFC two at three o'clock at City Park. Ben Regal, who we have seen with MLS Next Pro this season is the ar two and that when Joshua Incarnaciona is the one as a man. Mal Sean Taheney is your fourth Union two and NYCFC two at Subaru Park now bil Bin Salah is your ref for that one. The town in Dynamo dos at Saint Mary's Mohammed Hassan is in the middle at six o'clock eastern. FC Cincinnati two and Crown Legacy is on the campus of Northern Kentucky at seven eastern. J. C. Griggs is in the middle for that. Messi and Friends too and Crew two probably one of the big matchups of the weekend at Chase at seven o'clock Sunday night. Elvis Asmanovich is the man in the middle there North Texas sc and Vancouver at chalk Taw at eight thirty. Lorenzo Hernandez is your ref for that one. And then Tacoma Defiance and Ventura County or at Starfire ten o'clock eastern. Alexandra Billetier Billetaire is in the middle. Sorry about that, Darren Bondi, Matthew Schwartz, and Laura Rodriguez is the fourth. So those are your matchups for that one. Going through some of the other news and notes, there's some stuff going on in the Premier League. Remember they're back at it this weekend as well. And Evangelinas Marinacas the owner and let me know if you're surprised by this. Evangelinas Marinacas, by the way, has been sanctioned for behavior in the tunnel and it has been a five match suspension, a five match suspension for Evangelinas Marinacus, and of course Nottingham Forest is going to appeal. I know that you're all stunned and shocked by that. So Evangelinas Marinacus continues to add to the list of grievances that he has against the Premier League and continues to lash out in the ways that he lashes out. Eric Tenhag apparently had his press conference involving the matchup this weekend and he was none too pleased with the response from the local media. By the way ten Hogg was asked about his future, he was asked about a bunch of things, and he said the noise is only coming from some of you in the media, creating stories and fairy tales and bringing lies. Eric Tennhog, He's slightly angry this morning journalists didn't believe me. I saw the reports. Of course, we are unhappy with the position where we are. Ultimately, internally it is quiet and composed. We stick to the plan and are very convinced it will be a success. So Eric Tenhogg this morning our time at his press conference, says, quote, the noise is only coming from some of you in the media, creating stories and fairy tales and bringing lies. Journalists didn't believe me. I saw the reports. Of course, we were unhappy with the position where we are. Ultimately, internally it is quiet and composed. We stick to the planet. Are very convinced it will be a success. Yikes. Eddie Howe decided if he can, went public and said that he was not interviewed for the the England job. The FA came publican and said, well, we talked to ten folks. Whether talk and interview are the same thing, that's entirely different. We don't know if that's the case. Eddie Howe says he was not interviewed. I was not. There was no contact from the FA. England. Have to do what's right for them only they'll know the processes they've gone through through. For me, it's about Newcastle iron Man, one hundred percent focused. If you drop focus, the job becomes impossible, and there is a there There is a press conference once again that was out there, involving Sean and Wayne Rooney separately. They did not have a a together presser, but Sean Dish brought the concern to the table about the pathway for coaches and wondering, okay, so then the Thomas Tuckle appointment shows that the FA coach pathway is pointless. Chris Bascom at The Telegraph Sean diysh Ha's question the FA's commitment to its own coaching pathway following the tukel appointment Dische said the system was pointless if the coach is working within the structure at Saint George's Park were not considered the right profile for the top job. He suggested Lee Carsley's promotion from the U twenty one manager to take the senior position full time, following the example of his predecessor, Guard Southgate, would have reflected a more successful policy sidebar. Carsley said he didn't want it and hope to be going back to coach the U twenty one. If I remember Carsley correctly in a press conference situation after sending out conflicting ideas and folks wanted to get him to get it straight, Carsley's like, I have three windows. I'm hoping to go back to be coach of the U twenty one. So I don't know why. Sean Diisch felt compelled to use Carsley as an example other than the fact that Carsley was the man, is the man in charge in these windows quote from Dish. For all we know, Lee Carsley might have been so close to getting it. But all I would ask is are those coaches at the younger age levels already considered the right type to manage our national side. If not, then it's going to be difficult to develop them to be the one who is the leader of the gang. Evidence coach is only one of four English managers working in the Premier League, alongside how O'Neill and Russell Martin. Ditch said he did not apply to be England manager, but was intrigued as to how youth coaches were being developed to make the step up quote. I haven't been in the FA as regards to doing my badges for a number of years now, but I do go back in to do talks and things like that, so I'm not quite sure what the up to date is on that. The only question I would ask is, and I know it's not as literal as this, but is the coach of the U sixteens whose job has a delicate edge for that age group made of the stuff that you can see them going all the way through the system to become the England manager. I'm not saying if they are or not. I don't know those coaches, but if it is a different job than how do you get people through the system internally? This is today's requested required reading, so I will post it in the timeline. But using the Carsly example, Shandisch might not necessarily have chosen the correct individual. And at the end of the day, who says that a coach that goes through the U system the academy system can't go take a professional job someplace else if it's not a national team job, can it be a professional job? But I don't think that using Carsley was the proper example, considering Carslely had admitted that he was hoping he was going to go back to be the coach of the Utey one. So that's the Seandish press conference wondering about the pathway when it comes to coaches and coaching and such. Nuno and Gibbs White have been handed bans by the FA from his conduct that goes along with the Marinacas five game stadium ban. Unable to attend any game home or away until late November, and yes, they appealed. Nuno also hit with a touchline suspension in the club's latest brush with the FA initially charged Marnacas with improper behavior around the tunnel area after the final whistle of a match which left the club angered by a number of refereeing decisions. I think we can figure out which one that was, so it was the Fulham match. They actually did go public with that so after the game a senior club source one that poor refereeing standards are damaging the Premier League. The ban is regarded as a huge punishment. The owner can't sit in the owner's box is a huge punishment and according to Ben Jacobs, they were already appealing. Marnacus has been as the longest in English football since Leyton Orient president Francesco Bakehetti was suspended from the stadium for six matches after found being guilty of violent conduct. Latest sanction second in side a week from the FA following the three quarters of a million pounds fine for the post on social media made after last season's defeat to Everton. Nuno banned from the touch line for three matches find fifty five thousand pounds charge with misconduct following the draw with Brighton, Oregon. Gibbs White suspended for one match after comments and acting quote in an improper manner following his dismissal at the Brighton match. Contentious dismissal of Gibbs White was the sparking point for all of this. In a subsequent review, the Key Match Incidents Panels Pluit three two, with the majority regarding the second caution as incorrect. But you still for Gibbs White's activities after still give him a one year sorry, one year wow, one one match, one match suspension. So let's see. Is there any other stuff here? Okay, let's see. Oh, let's do a Premier League juice boxes. Actually, let's do gossip Brimmer inn windo because we're now in plus time. Sorry, all right, so gossip Brimmer innuendo, and then we'll do what to watch for your Friday to get you ready for the weekend. Remember six o'clock nine o'clock, and that means that the pregame at ninety two nine in the game in the Odyssey app is five o'clock Eastern time, and it'll be an hour of the full time report after So keep an eye on that ninety two nine in the game in the Odyssey app ninety two nine game dot Com uh your Gossip Roomeran Innuendo Pep Guardiola could sign an extension to his contract even if the club loses the legal battle. According to the Athletic Sportings, Rubin a Marine by Lever Cusin Shabi Alonso top Manchester City's list to replace Guardiola if he leaves. Four Letter Paper, Liverpool have accepted Trent Alexander Arnold will not sign a new deal, looking to negotiate a sale to Real Madrid. In January, Barcelona Byron also interested in Alexander Arnold. Manchester City's pursuit of Wolves left back Ryan ait Nouri has been boosted by their reportment of Hugo Vianna as sporting director. Four Letter Paper. Barcelona rejected a quarter of a billion euro offered from PSG in the summer for La Mignamal. Arsenal City among the admirers of Atalanta midfielder Charles de Kettelaire United boss Eric ten Hog keen to sign Frankie DeJong in January. Manchester United also interested in Arbie Leipzig and Slovenia Ford Benjamin Tesco, lever Cusan, Jonathan Levercus's Jonathan Ta Byron, Munich's Alfonso Davies, Leal's Jonathan David being tracked by Barcelona. Real Madrid have lined up Byer lever Cusan's Jeremy Frimpong is a target if they can't sign Alexander Arnold. Chelsea's Cesrey Casa Day has been advised by Italy U twenty one by Carming Newonziata to consider his Blues future in January if he isn't getting game time. That's from RYE Radio. Uh. I have to slow down, it says New England. It says New England boss. You got to slow that down. New England boss Thomas Tookele could make approaches for staff currently at Chelsea as he wants to assemble a new backroom team that he trusts for letter paper and Liverpool and Rangers winger Ryan Kent. Former Liverpool Rangers winger Ryan Kent had his contract terminated by Fennerbace after falling out of favor under Jose Mariinho. So that's your gossip, brumer and innuendo, and always be careful of your headlines and what you read in them. Now I'm only going to do soccer on a TV today, want to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it? Fix your fantasy teams if you have not for the last go round on decision Day in the SDH League at MLS Soccer dot com. Orchestrated and run by our buddy Jason Right of the Jason Wright Agency Jason Right Agency on Facebook, Jason Wright with a W A G E N on the two hundred and eighty character app. If you are looking for needs to be met when it comes to your insurance needs, give a buzz to Jason Right and the Jason Wright Agency being being an Espanol simulcasting Monaco and leel at two forty five. If you don't have the b NS where you can get ligue huh and everything in a f con and the Turkish Super League super League, you can get that at Finates FNTZ dot co slash Soccer down here, and what you can do is get all the b NS LEGA one Max LEGA one Max pro CEO for the fans, newstra Tela, our buddy Nina Torres and Gold TV. All the things, all the things, trust me, all the things. Championship, CBS Sports Network three o'clock Leads United Sheffield United that's going to be a barn Burner Deportees has La Liga Olives and Ralvia de Leade at three o'clock. Fox Deportees at eleven and two, who has the league that we neither condone endorsement promote? Amazon Prime has their NWSL match of the Week Seattle in Houston at ten. The Plus has Bundeslig Get two twenty Dortmund and Saint Paul Bundesliga B Darmstad and Kohne at twelve thirty and simulcasting Elevation by a Delete at three. Fox Soccer Plus is also simulcasting the League that we neither condone endorsement promote. Paramount Plus has the championship match as well Leeds in Sheffield United. College Soccer today. Let me see how much there is a lot of men's action, actually does a handful of men's actions. So twelve matches on the men's side, ESPN Plus, Big ten, Network Plus and it is the American is going on today. It is the fund Belt that is going on today, State in Southern at seven thirty on the men's side, as well as Marshall and Coastal, Belmont and UIC Charlotte and Tulsa and late night Gonzaga, Oregon, State, California and Portland. Women's action and there's a lot of it today starts at three o'clock in the fun Belt, Marshall and Coastal SEC plus Vandy and Florida is at three point thirty. You've got Big Sky, You've got Big West. You've got more sun Belt tonight on the women's side, South Alabama, Georgia Southern at five from Mobile, Tennessee and Georgia SEC plus six thirty tonight on the women's side, you've got a lot of SEC action tonight. You've got once again a whole lot of AC. You've got sun Belt, You've got all of that going on. You've got Southland Conference SEC Plus it's going to be very very busy with all of their action going on on the women's side tonight, and you've got once again Southland, Lamar, Houston, Christian, Big Sky and Big West at nine o'clock and ten o'clock. And that gets you through what to watch today. As always great to have all of you hear. It's decision day. If you can be near a if you can be near a device, if you're going to see the Purple Team, please be safe to do it. We want you back here on Monday where we'll talk about it at all and we will discuss everything in the queue. Speaking of Atlanta United, yesterday we caught up with the director of methodology. How are your pet it? It's a great conversation, and keep an eye out for that on the weekend. In addition to all of the other programming that we have across the board and the previews once again USL Championship, USL League One, they'll be out later this afternoon. Our couple Labertador's Show with our buddy Howard Hamilton from Soccer Metrics that will be out today as well. Keep an eye out and ear out for the Soccer for USPOD episode ninety nine and they've got ninety nine episodes and the pitch ain't one, so there's that. So a lot of programming coming up on the web and on the network. Keep an eye out on all the social media's and we'll keep you posted when it comes to the Football Content Awards. Obviously, thanks to everybody who is a part to voting in all of that with us and getting out your sling shots and your stones to try to give us a puncher's chance against the other nine worldwide nominees in that competition. Humbled that we are part of the ten. Humbled that you guys were voting for us as well, and stuff in the ballot box because that's fifty percent of the vote. We'll see what the judges have to say. Don't know, like I said, if there's going to be any final finalists or anything like that. And if there is, then we're going to London. But obviously if it's like less than two weeks out and we still haven't heard anything, we're going to be here and we'll watch like you guys the Thursday before Thanksgiving week before Thanksgiving Day, November twenty first, and we'll find out what happens over there in London at Tottenhamhotspur Stadium. So for everybody here at SDH, thanks for dropping by. As always, it's time where we put up the banner and say goodbye to another week once again. At Landy United six o'clock maybe six ' ten. So I guess if we should say six to ten, maybe six o'clock tomorrow, Decision Day. A lot going on in Major League Soccer six o'clock, nine o'clock, six ' ten nine ten Eastern and we'll be watching it with you. We'll talk about it all on my Monday morning with Abe and Bart and everybody else. So for everybody here at sdhplate safe. Enjoy your weekend, Please be safe, be back at it again on Monday, and keep an eye out for us on the weekend. We got some academy stuff with it. Landy nighted Maddie and I will be doing that tomorrow morning. It's at Landy United against NYCFC. We'll talk about that as well. So uh see you tomorrow morning at at outd dot com. See you back here on the network across all the platforms on your Monday which plot yel plate safe. Time to get out of here for you. Another week. War was on.
Speaker 7: The keys on the typewriter head, sharp points sticking into our fingers, dictating equipment, starting to exting us questions and our papers stands. Electric shocks just through our.
Speaker 8: Body like a cattle prod out in the warehouse. The trucks kept banging into the docks, not even thinking about stopping. Oh, our friend. Bodies were strapped to the chairs and our chairs were chained to the desks.
Speaker 7: Our please for justice were ignored.
Speaker 8: And the end seemed near. But we busted our save drivers, little bitny balls. We've changed high their breakftress the streets, our hearty gods. Yet Friday, Fridayday, Fay Day,