Speaker 1: Five O five fifty five k r C the talk station. Happy Friday s.
Speaker 2: A ication.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: It is confirmation from Joe Strecker, if a good producer with the woo Who SoundBite, that it is in fact Friday. Didn't he tell you that, didn't need the woo Who to confirm it. Happy Friday to you, Tech Friday with day've had or every Friday six thirty today Consistent with history, TikTok mutes descent in China, Get off TikTok data breaches at twenty three and meters. Pokemon and Cisco Pokemon is still a thing. Oh really, Joe, Okay, that was a definitive Oh yeah, I didn't realize that. I thought that kind of went the way of the Dodo. I remember my son was about five or six years old. He tried to collect Pokemon cards, and we did everything in our power to dissuade him from the stupidity of collecting pieces of paper printed in random numbers to inflate or deflate the value, as the case may be. Never understood that beanie babies is another thing I never ever quite understood. Whatever, once you decide you're going to collect something, you have a built in market established for the manufacturer of those pointless items. John Pearson, gop Hamilinkuinty Commissioner candidate, is going to be in studio in seven oh five. We're going to hear what John Pearson's running on. Uh Stacy Lufton for Judge Stacey Lufton eighth five Why should we vote for Stacy Lufton? Also a request to donate out at eight oh five and follow by closing out the show with Brian Rensinger with the book Land Rich, Cash Poor, My Family's Hope and the Untold History of the Disappearing American Farmer. So there you have it, getting married to a dairy farmer's daughter, as well as having a lot of farmers in my well ancestral background, going back to my great grandfather and some of my relatives that lived in the southern Kentucky northern Tennessee regions. Dirt farmers, I guess, but lots and lots of experience sort of just from a distance with farming. It is a hard life, Lord Almighty. My wife's father never, I don't think he already ever left the farm. You got dairy cows and you're well, a small farmer like that. You gotta milk them twice a day or they don't produce the money that are the revenue that well keeps your food on your table. So you milk them in the morning, you milk them in the evening, and you do that every single day. Failure to milk a cow results in them no longer producing milk. What amazingly difficult and challenging life. That is. My stories I could tell by just what eye witnessed. But you know, my wife, it's an amazing thing. You know, she kind of draw parallels with Jade Vance growing up in You know, she had a stable home, good mom, good dad, brothers and a brother and sisters. But they didn't have anything, you know, you didn't have two pennies to rub together. But living on a farm was a stable life. Nothing changed year to year. And the greatest illustration of that was, you know, during the seventies we were going through stagflation. The economy was terrible, joblessness was all the rage, and prices were going through the roof of everything. They didn't notice it, you know why, cause things weren't great beforehand, and things didn't change after that settled down and Reagan became president. So status quo on the farm. But what a wonderful life it is. She wouldn't have changed anything, and of course it made very strong people being a farmer, character building young children. I just don't see anything. Do you have any young people that would take on that kind of job? It would commit themselves of that kind of life. Anyway, we'll hear from about it from Brian rensig here at eight thirty starry going down that road. Oh and if you're not friends with me on Facebook and you know about my cancer situation, I finally got the appointment with my doctor yesterday and got the results of my biopsy and my treatment options status quo. So if you, by way of background, got low spectrum lymphoma and it's still low spectrum in lymphoma, it's just come back. So basically, I'm rewinding the clock to twenty eighteen when this the whole thing started. The protocol I went through back then got me about three and a half years of remission. So that's an option that's seeing protocol. There are a couple of other options I can pursue, but no worries on my end, I'm not concerned. I figure, hey, if I disrepeat the process, I'll be back at this in about four years, assuming the same trajectory. It goes away and it comes back, And that's kind of the information that gave me at the outset, Brian. This treatment, you know, will provide you with some relief. We'll get it remission, but it'll probably come back. Also giving me great comfort from the outset. They told me, Brian, you're going to die with this, not from it. So please, I cannot thank everybody enough for the prayers, the kind words, the support. It's just it was just a beautiful thing and I just cannot comment enough about how uplifting it is. You know, if you're struggling for me, it was more of a psychological struggle. Again, I didn't think I was going to get you know, Brian, you only have three months to live. But how important it is and how nice it is when someone extends to you just the courtesy of saying, hey, I got your back, man. If anything you need, you just can call me. You can count on me. By the way, I'm praying for you, I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You know how uplifting that is. Let's kind of think you through a day. So thank you to everyone who expressed those concerns. Now, I will ask you from the bottom of my heart, in terms of prioritization. We've all got priorities, we all got lists, and there's only so many people you can include in your prayers, and well, I thoroughly appreciate them, and I would not reject any further prayers, prayer for support, or any other words of encouragement. Please consider those who have it so much worse than the I posted on Facebook yesterday, like the cure starts now. Pediatric brain cancer. That's something that needs prayer, That's something that needs words of encouragement. That's something that while people struggling and going through that need words of support and encouragement. That is a grave diagnosis. So thanks again, and let us emphasize I think we can all agree one thing for sure in this divided country we find ourselves. Cancer sucks.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's funny because they had that someone had made a sign wood burning, you know art. You get the wood burning tool and you burn into wood right there and the doctor's off yesterday. It's a big sign cancer sucks. That give me a chuckle. And back over to things political here in Ohio and It was great having the Kentucky folks on yesterday Kentucky of Blue Bluegrass Institute for Public Policy talking about Issues one and two in Kentucky. And I'm behind both of those. I think they sound like excellent ideas and simple to understand. Issue one here in Ohio isn't simple to understand. It's convoluted, it's crazy, and it's nefarious. Oh, we're going to take jerry mandering away from the politicians. Well, you know, the Wall Street Journal got a wind of this and issuing a concern a warning to you folks out in Ohio considering voting for Issue one, Uh, don't do it. Look behind the veneer of this. It's all up and up. It's going to be evenly divided. Look at the veneer and peel it away and realize this is an effort to undermine the Republican advantage in the state of Ohio. I had the guy on that was pro issue too, and he said, well, it's worked in other states. It's worked in another states. And you stop and you say, well, what does work mean for you? If it results in Democrats taking over in otherwise republican areas, I would say that doesn't work. That's exactly what the Journal's pointing out. They point out to the state constitutional amendment to stablished this redistricting committee fifteen members that would take control of the redistricting maps, five Republicans, five Democrats, and five independents. And as I always do, pause and even consider what that means, because within each party there's like nine miles of separation from one side to the other. Proponents argue that this is a bipartisan system, it'll end jerrymandering. But the giveaway, as the Journal recognizes, of the real purpose is the ballot measure is funded by a partisan culch array of unions and major national progressive nonprofits, the goal to enshrine progressive jerrymandering in Ohio's constitution. They note the Ohio Redistrict Redistricting Committee already bipartisan two Republicans, two Democrats, the governor, Secretary of State, and state auditor. They suggest that the so called independent members, if this new commission is established, because people foolishly vote yes on one, that these so called independent members are likely to lean left. And that's here, here's what works for the guy who's pro issued won here quote, that's what happened in Michigan after voters in twenty eighteen approved a similar measure. Over the next few years, the commission redrew the electoral maps. In twenty twenty one, the state Senate at twenty two Republicans sixteen Democrats, the state House fifty eight Republicans fifty two Democrats. In twenty two, with the redrawn maps by this so called independent commission, Democrats won both legislative chambers Michigan, Ohio or Michigan GOP they say is a mass but then against those Ohios. But the new maps are much more favorable to the Democrats. Note they observe that the lefts drive for so called independent commissions to draw the maps tends to be focused on states where Democrats don't control the state legislature. Targeted states from this outside money. Get to that in a minute include Arizona, Michigan, Ohio, Utah or the data from ballot Pedia. If the belief in the nonpartisanship of citizen commissions were the real drivers, where are the ballot measures for such commissions and heavily jerrymandered Illinois and Oregon? I know, chuckle over that one. They're not there. It's just like early voting was that New York had only voting on election day, and the left never said that was racist. They never said it was the disenfranchising minorities. They never tried to extend it there. They focused on states where well they were losing and they needed to flip the politics over to the left. How do they do that by cheating? Ballot measure also includes a command for proportionality, a key progressive goal. The tech states that the statewide proportion of districts that favors each political party shall correspond closely to the statewide partisan preferences of the voters of Ohio got into the chase, this would override the normal redistricting command for compactness. Progressive voter for urban areas could be distributed to so called balance outlying districts to elect more Democrats. That happened when Michigan's commission redrew majority minority districts to elect more Democrats in twenty twenty three. A federal district court threw them out as a racial gerrymander and they had to be redrawn. Now Here we are to the donors. The largest donor to both the Michigan and the Ohio districting ballot measure is the sixteen thirty fund five oh one C four, part of the Progressive Arabella Advisors Network. We've learned about that group over the time. Over time. Anyway, that group fund of the Michigan ballot measure and is the largest single donor to the one in Ohio, and they observe the journal. The ballot measures often have looser rules for political donations from foreign nationals than those that apply to candidates. One of sixteen thirty's largest donor, and this came up just yesterday, Swiss billionaire hands George wis known for donating lavishly to progressive causes here in the United States from Switzerland. Why does a Swiss billionaire care about US politics? Good question. Maybe he's a globalist. Shocking no one. Last or this year, the legislature here banned foreign nationals from contributing to Ohio ballot campaigns. Get a load of this. On the day Governor Mike Dwine announced the special session to ban foreign donations, sixteen thirty dropped six million dollars into this ballot campaign. The ban ultimately blocked by federal judge with the Sixth Circuit let it take effect, but you note they saw it coming, they hurried up and got the foreign money donated to this cause. Host congressional deligration currently eleven Republicans, six Democrats, reflecting the state's elector. It's turn in the state too war favorable to Republican But at least lawmakers on the current redistricting Commission are accountable to you, the voter. The new commission will inevitably become a captive of progressive interest groups, and we hope voters don't fall for the rose. Thank you, journal I agree with you. I hope so as well. Great thing about politicians is you can kick them out of office, you can hold them accountable. That we choose not to from time to time is not the fault of the system. It's our fault. Five eighteen fifty five KRC Detalk station plenty more coming up. I'd welcome phone calls five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk oh count five fifty on eighteen T funds. A whole lot more coming up. I'll be right back after these free forts. Time for the nine first warning weather forecast.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 1: We've got a sunny Danner hands high at sixty seven clear skys overnight traveling it's forty two tomorrow for you see homecoming sunny and pleasant with the highest seventy two overnight clear forty four and on Sunday sunny skies with the highest seventy three thirty nine degrees. Right now, I think about cars. The talks too.
Speaker 5: I'm Kamawa Harris and I approved this message.
Speaker 6: Cheap your stupid mouth shut.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jay Rattler summing it up five twenty two bios kr C the talk station.
Speaker 5: Funny Way, maybe like a I'll tell you you sny till.
Speaker 1: You know it's interesting. Though you didn't get any chance to listen to Judgjentena Paulton. I'm talking about the government's free speech, which they don't have predictor on them, trying to suppress your political speech through well all kinds of avenues. The most recent illustration of this. You know, we have a politicized Internal Revenue Service, we have politicized Justice Department. You know, we can go on and on and on. Maybe one of the reasons people are rejecting Kamala Harris because they see the overreach of government and the oppressive reality of government. Elon Musk felt it the other day. He's now filed a lawsuit against the California State agency for political discrimination. He's entitled to his own political ideology. He's entitled his own philosophy just because he likes Donald Trump. It's pissed a lot of people off, if I may be so blunt. California Coastal Commission rejected their plans SpaceX plans Elon Musk to increase the number of rocket launches from his own private property, the Space for Base in Santa Barbara County, so he lawyered up and in the lawsuits, Bacex claims that this committee made its decision purely due to political differences that well they have with Elon Musk that has nothing to do with the review process what they're supposed to be taking into account. They claim in the lawsuit, this committee, the California Coastal Commission, and it's twelve members engaged in naked political discrimination during the debate over the proposal by the Department of the Defense. Department of Defense to expand the number of SpaceX launches at the Space Force Base would have seen the number go from thirty six to fifty. Court of lawsuit rarely has a government agency made so clear that it was exceeding its authorized mandate to punish a company for their political views. Commissioners on this committe appointed by the governor of the legislature. What's the makeup of California by the way, Oh that's right, Yeah, it's all Democrats. They voted six to four on Thursday to reject the DoD plan Department of Defense plan, but the debate over whether or not to focused on Elon Musk, supported Donald Trump. One commissioner Elon Musk is hoping hopping about the country, spewing and tweeting political falsehoods and attacking FEMA while claiming his desire to help the hurricane victims with free starlink access to the Internet. What in God's name does that have to do with whether or not we're going to allow the number of launches to increase. Because Elon Musk is hopping around the country, in their words, tweeting political falses. There you go with that, you know, misinformation, disinformation narrative that they stick to everything uttered by someone who doesn't share their viewpoint. Chairwoman on that said Tuesday, many things are said in the course of meetings, whether it's a Coastal Commission meeting, whether it's a legislative meeting, whether it's a planning department. The basis of this decision is the commission's conclusion that SpaceX, as a private company engaged in private activities, needs to apply for a coastal development permit. No, they blame that politics. So he's got a lawsuit. But then again, this is exactly the type of thing Judgejennen A. Poulo Atana was talking about. You know, this is a free country with free speech rights. We have people of all political persuasions, from the far left Marxist all the way over to the most well i want to say conservative, all of the most radical right wing individual you could think up sovereign citizens. Everyone's entitled their own opinion. Are they entitled also then to equal treatment under the law. The answer to that is supposed to be yes. You shouldn't be rejected from a permit merely because you don't share these woke leftist political viewpoints. Five twenty six fifty five KR see the talk station. If becoming more and more pervasive, be right back to stay right here at fifty five KRC The talk station.
Speaker 5: Fifty five the talk station Jeff for the weather.
Speaker 1: Chane nine says sunny day to day sixty seven overnight low forty two player Sky's homecoming. Go U see Sonny pleasant high seventy two over nineteen forty four with clear skys Sunday on Sunday as well with the highest seventy three thirty nine degrees Right now for five pair CD talk station by thirty and Happy Friday to you. Got local stories here to dive on into. Hey love new charging stations coming to the region thanks to your labor translated into tax dollars and then sent back to the area eleven point one million in federal funding for I get the local stories that I got Bill on the phone, Bill, thanks for calling this morning. And Happy Friday to you, sir.
Speaker 7: Hey, Happy Friday to you too, Brian, and I hope everything goes good on your medical case.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. I'm optimistic, man, I really am. So we're I feel like, I'm oh.
Speaker 4: Well, we're all praying for you.
Speaker 7: But the point I'm getting to now, this is hypocritical, man. This is what these people do. They do it every election year. The undecided. Now come on, now, wait a bet it the people that I've seen a survey on here when I'm posted, people said the under sided never vote anyway and here here. Here's the other thing is if you can't understand you were better all four years ago than you are now and you're still not decided, are you serious?
Speaker 5: I mean, come on.
Speaker 1: Well, it could be I hear you the idea that you could be undecided given the obvious differences between Trump and Kamala Harris. It's it's absolutely backcrap and saying to believe that's even possible. But there are people out there that pay zero attention to politics, absolutely zero attention. And I've got some friends that are like that, I mean dear friends of mine. You ask them anything about politics, like you know, who's the secretary of State or uh, you know, and who's had no idea, absolutely no idea. And I had people that vote I remember, I had people that that admitted to me back when Barack Obama's first running for president that they voted for him simply and exclusive, not based on policies. What he was playing and his ideas is nebulous and broad basis they were, but only because he was black. That was the only reason I asked him why it's like, well, you know, it just shows that we're not a racist country if we have a black president. It's like, well, you know, that may be one advantage. We'll find out and we'll see what happens. So that was the only thing they didn't know anything really about policy. No, you know, it didn't end the idea that we're a racist nation, though in fact, it stirred the pot and made us. Since then, it's like, we've even become more racist, Like how I mean, didn't we demonstrate to the world we elected a black man as president clearly the vast majority of the majority of Americans anyway, don't feel that way. If you're racist, you're not going to vote for a person of color. That's kind of the definition of racism, is it you hate someone simply based on the color of their skin. So anyhow, Yeah, there are people out there that pay no attention. But it baffles me equally that you really could say, with a stray face and you're undecided, I would press those cool. Why you know, Well, because I don't pay attention, I think is probably in the final analysis, the only answer you can come up with. Have a great one, man, appreciate the kind words. Yeah, we're getting forty three charging stations for electric vehicles Okai. The Ohio Kentucky Regional Council of Governments on Wednesday set awards from its carbon reduction program that would be the infrastructure law pass in twenty twenty one. That multi billion dollar Boon Doggle sixteen recipient's going to be sharing the funds to build the forty three stations. Four communities they say one million dollars each. Three plan to build four stations each. Hamilton one point six million, Middletown one point five, Anderson Township one point two. And something I found out today since they acquire Patrician Newberry reporting Miami University is going to get one million dollars for a charging station at its airport. Miami University has an airport, Yeah, they do. I'm just pulling up on the map. I've been up there a bunch of times. Had no idea. It's kind of outside of the center of town though, But I don't have an electric vehicle, so I'm not worried about logistics on that anyway. With this year's awards, Okai has awarded sixteen point eight million dollars in federal money for ev charging station. It gave six applicants two and a half million in twenty twenty three. Eight others earlier this year got three point two million. So coming to a neighborhood near you the charging station okay blinks this weekend, you need to worry about the road closures Downsound A downtown festival is going to make navigating parts of the region a bit difficult. So you want to attend the festivals, you have to get the information list of roadways that will be closed. While thousands of people are looking at these exhibits spread throughout Sinceinni in northern Kentucky, the roadway list is long important to remember that driving into the city isn't the only available option for those want to participate. Metro, tank and Butler County Regional Transit Authority are all offering free public transportation and blank this year. See I emphasize that word free taxpayer dollars paying for it. Metro and tank I have fair rides starting at six pm each night of BLINK, while the Butler County Transit Authority offers shuttles from further north. All three public transportation options have multiple park and ride options. Drop offs at riverfront Transit Center downtown that runs between five thirty pm and eleven pm each night. I can't go through the whole list. It's just really, really, really long. So it's important if you're planning on attending blank and you're one to take your car with you, plan way ahead. I hope that event is as successful as the one I attended. It was a really beautiful, beautiful thing to behold. Five thirty six stack is stupid coming up in a moment. I'll be right backstick right here at fifty five k CD talk station.
Speaker 5: In today's Marketers Report, Kate Cronin.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think we've established the answer to that question years by forty on a Friday five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three, Taco Time five fifty on eighteen and two funds you sure have had on note A fifty five cares dot com, the podcast and the I heard media app.
Speaker 5: Nor.
Speaker 1: I think this is getting worse, Joe we I don't know how it could, but what is with teachers messing around with children? I don't understand this anyway. In a world filled with social media and video, it's going to come out. I keep saying it every damn time in yet here we have yet another one. Ah let us see Franklin County substitute teacher facing child sex crime charges after almost a year long investigation. Seventy four year old Donald Roberts What surrendered to the front Saklin County Sheriff's Office Wednesday booked on two counts of school employee having sexual contact with his student under the age of nineteen. Gor to the Red Bay Police Chief Jenna Jackson, not Janet Jenna, school resource officer on November twenty eight, twenty three, told about an incident at Red Bay School involving a substitute teacher and underage students. Department of Human Resources investigated. Jackson said the Lawrence County District Attorney's Office is handling the prosecution because the Franklin County DA recused himself from the case. Not no reason stated further accusal. Former security guard at East Point High School arigned on charges of having sex with a female student at the school. Prosecutor said Darien Craig Lamar Webster, twenty six, Detroit. Arraigned Thursday last and oh yesterday, I believe in the thirty eighth District court two counts a third degree criminal sexual occult Conductor Judge Kathleen Galen at the bond at one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Prosecutors claimed the alleged sexual content encounter took place Tuesday somewhere in the high school court to the prosecutor, Macomb County Prosecutor Peter Lucido, this is a serious breach of trust and responsibility when someone in a position of authority abuses that trust, that harms not only the victim, but the entire community. Sure School officials said Webster was an employee by a third party security company not directly employed by the district. His contract was terminated. Spokesperson for the district said officials at the high school were notified by students and staff about the inappropriate consensual relationship involving the female who's in the twelfth grade. Probably reported the concerns of the school. Upon learning the situation, Administration with the district immediately initiated investigation, notified law enforcement, contact with the student's family, work with security company to terminate the contract. You fight there, you are. That's funny, sad, twisted and funny. But I know when I was in high school, one of the seniors was having a relationship with one of the teachers. I know a girl that was in my class who was having a relationship with one of the teachers who's widely known. So, you know, this stuff only now gets reported. I guess it's been happening since the dawn of mankind. But you know, you send your kids into a school and you'd like to think that those people have some measure of decency and respect. But now you got to talk to your children about this is really I think what this comes down to. And we got a family of a fourteen year old student claiming in a lawsuit that a California school teacher named Michelle Christine Sawas who's forty six, groomed and sexually assaulted their son on his graduation day at Sycamore Middle School. What they allege you left the boy traumatized. One of the Sacramento being new allegations in the lawsuits, they saw us often organized meetups with the student. She also gave him a pass for recess and spent a lone time with him by saying she was helping him with homework. On his eighth grade graduation day, she took the boy into a classroom, locked the door, and coursed him into sacks the corner of the but Keunty District Attorney's office. The student then sent him The student then sent him photos of their encounter and asked the boy to delete their chats. Rumors and copies of one of the new photographs began to circulate in the Gridley community. In October of last year, police investigation and soon investigators contacted the boy and retrieved the contents of his phone. District Attorney's office said they found communication between Solace and the boy, including two explicit photos of her that matched the description the boy previously provided. Whilst claims the school failed to properly monitor the teacher's behavior, nor do they train the other teachers to properly detect grooming behavior. Suit seeking general damages and non economic relief for physical, mental, and emotional injuries. At turning for the boy told load go outlive. The sexual abuse had traumatized the boy and had a lasting effect. He's back in the classroom where he had no control of the situation and felt helpless. Saulus been a teacher for twenty years. Sentence to four years in prison back in July twenty four, serving your sentence of the Central California Women's Facility in Chowchilla.
Speaker 5: Hope it was worth it. Twisted pervert.
Speaker 1: Five forty five Right now fifty five kc detalk station, Emory Federal Credit Union is ready to hand you twenty five dollars. And when you refer your friends to Emory Federal Credit Union, they're going to get twenty five dollars as well, just for spreading the benefits of banking with Emory, which is a better way to bank. I would like to emphasize that you're both going to get twenty five dollars just for sharing the good news about the benefits. Each earn a little extra cash, help your loved ones unlocked. The world of financial Opportunities EMORYFCU dot org is where you find all the details about banking with Emory, and of course the restrictions that apply to this particular offer. But at the molist number four zero one zero eight seven federally insured by NCUA, and Emory is an equal housing lender.
Speaker 5: It's beyond he I am.
Speaker 4: Troubled with the United States.
Speaker 8: How five point fifty On Friday Tech Friday with Dave Hatter coming up at the next hour six thirty.
Speaker 1: Feel free to call otherwise. Back to the stack of stupid This one looks more familiar in terms of a Friday stack of stupid. Good in New Orleans, where there's concern in the seventh word community after a woman was caught multiple times exposing herself in the middle of the day, it gets worse. Why are you doing that? I don't think we're gonna get an answer to that me homeowners and homeowner Bianca Laboof and Megan Brayden, speaking with local news outlet WDSU, said the woman's been coming onto their properties and being caught with her pants down. Quote. Her private parts are in full view of everyone to see it close, quote, said Labooth. These two ladies provided photos going back to twenty two the woman on their properties with their pants down, using their yards as a personal bathroom. Told she gets worse, the woman said, that is not what I want to be doing with my time, coming out and picking up human feces. It's unsanitary and it's really unacceptable dating the obvious gourd of the neighbors. Police were called multiple times, with the woman's only given a summons. I said, unfortunate I'm used to it by now, but it just makes me angry every time. It makes me more and more angry. Courd of the New Orleans Police Department. Someone's for lude conduct, carrying a final one hundred dollars or more in a minimum of thirty hours community service picking up trash or in this case, maybe she could go and pick up her own feces the other woman, Perry said, I'm not a jail person, but what can jail do that's not going to rehab her. I'd like for her to go to some get some help because it's obvious that she needs it. In the video, the woman's showing throwing tissue in Perry's yard, then walking by her back door that her and her son you to get into the car. There's instances where she yell. There's instances where she can go out of her door until can't go out of her door until the lady finishes because she doesn't want her son to come out and see the activity going on. According to New Orleans City Council, and Eugene Green called this a quality of life issue, saying his office is going to work to find a solution. Omer said they're tired of seeing the woman half naked leaving behind him ask for them to clean up. This issue needs to be addressed before it gets out of hand, Lebooth said, seems to me that it already has. Let's see here we go to Bedfordshire in the UK. Reports say police officers showed up at the home on Potton with a warrant to a rest aman in question around seven to twenty in the morning. Despite their initial search, they weren't able to find the suspect. Then they decided to expand their search to the sofa and that's where they found him, calling it comparable to a sketch of Saturday Night Live but real, according to the led Bible. Local authority took to Facebook to say We've seen some things in our time, but we must say this is a first. This morning we executed a Warranton Potton policing team thought there was nothing more to be found with the bar property bar a friendly dog. Upon a closer search, officers found the suspect tucked into the base of the sofa. We thought the man would be more comfortable tucked into bed, so he'll be spending the next few hours in a custody cell. A little less of squeeze that way. Naked guy half naked, I should say, found hiding in the sofa, idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Okay, I'm going to ask an upfront question. Will this Stormtrooper be able to hit the target? Because most Stormtroopers don't in Star Wars movies. The Star Wars fandom has been given their first official look at the new trans Stormtrooper. I can't believe this is even the thing, you know what. I'm not even gonna continue with that one. And here's one, since I'm running out of time, a trans Stormtrooper. They all look alike. They're all on the white plastic suits. Who's inside? I don't know. Everybody looks the same. Isn't that the point? Now we're gonna have a separate brigade for the trans Stormtroopers. Guys, we all know that's what Star Wars is all about. Here's the headline from the Daily Mail. Explicit lesbian scenes at the opera leave eighteen audience members requiring medical treatment. Graphics show features Graphics Show features naked nuns on roller skates and christ having his loincloth whipped off. Thanky continuing the downward spial spiral of humanity, the de evolution five fifty five fifty five kr se the talk station. We got stuff to talk about between now and six thirty one to the rescue. Dave had it with tech Friday at the bottom of the next hour. I hope you can stick.
Speaker 9: Around updates on the twenty twenty four presidential campaigns.
Speaker 8: Do you have it?
Speaker 5: Hear bye, He's a threat to democracy?
Speaker 9: Fifty five krs the talk station, he Bo hey Man fifty.
Speaker 1: Five KERSEV talk Station. Marian Thommas swishing every one of very Happy Friday. Got some great plans to the weekend. Got homecoming go you see Bearcats Homecoming? You got Blink going on this weekend. It's going to be busy, busy, busy weekend downtown and again going back to local stories. If you're planning on going downtown, plan ahead. A lot of roads are going to be closed in Cincinnati and northern Kentucky, so you need to make advance arrangements for your travel plans. Coming up bottom the hour, Tech Friday with Dave Hatter, TikTok Meeting Descent in China, Data Reach at twenty three and meters, Pokemon and Cisco and Water company had to shut down after a cyber attack. That kind of thing scares the living hell out of me. GOP Hamilton County Commissioner candidate John Pearson in studio at seven o five. Stacey Lufton running for judge. At eight oh five, Brian Rensinger with a book land Rich cash Port that'll be at a thirty Plight of the Small Farmer. Over to the phones ago five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five undred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk in the order in which there receive thank you for calling today, CJA good to hear from you.
Speaker 10: Well, thank you very much, and I hope you're having a good Friday morning. I didn't watch the Ausmith Dinner, but I did see parts of it and replace this morning and tell you this much. Jim gaff again was wrong when he said that that room was a layup for any Democrat. That room is a Michael Jordan breakaway with nobody between him and the rim. But the basketball like, for her not to show up there is not just complete and confidence, it is just complete reality is stupidity. And then she does this stupid video that really shows who she is comfortable with and that is the Hollywood elite, and then she has no ability to connect with anybody outside of the Hollywood elite, and that includes those who are left of center and religious. And I just see this election is starting to break away. I know the full numbers are not really truly showing that completely yet nationally, but they're usually a week or two behind. And as I was telling somebody last night, I don't remember a day that Kamala Harris has won. In almost three since the debate. She hasn't won a single day in the media. She hasn't won a political day ever. Has been her in the background or her just really stumbling all over herself.
Speaker 1: This is true, CJ. And I'm going to ask you this question. Why do you think she didn't go? She said she was campaigning, but you know what, being at that dinner and having an opportunity to appear in front of those very important people and have whatever message you want to deliver telegraph in the press across this great land of bars. Because what happened, what's being telegraphed is that ridiculous video that she just sent in in LIEUISVI live performance that made her look like an idiot. Do you think because every time she comes out and utters syllables that aren't scripted and fails that that's the reason she didn't show up, because she can't work off teleprompter. She would have to do things on the fly. She would have to prepare for, you know, the sound bites that she wants to get in, and maybe she's incapable of doing that. I don't know, but you're right. She would have been like a welcome a rock star at that event. But no, she chose not to show up. I think it's a sign of cowardice or incompetence, or a reflection that her handler's didn't think she could even manage the event.
Speaker 10: And to to your point, the Al Smith dinner has become as big as any debate. Everybody covers it. You get a bunch of free airtime. What are you doing campaigning where you're spending a bunch of money? It tells me that either a she is so incapable of preparing for anything, or she gets scared of lights and cameras and just basically just freezes and doesn't know how to talk. And either one are not good recipes for the presidency of the United States.
Speaker 1: Or let me, let me focus on one critical role the president plays, which is Commander in chief of the US military forces. If she can't manage a friendly dinner that would have presumably helped her, then how is she going to be able to handle the stress of World War three, which appears to be breaking out scary stuff. DJ You're right, man, but listen that this, this is what everyone is observing today. She took a pass. And you may not know much about this particular event, but it is really important and I don't think anybody's missed it, with the exception of COVID. See the first time a nominee has not showed up since failed Democratic nominee Walter Mondale in nineteen eighty four. That's quite a long time. I remember nineteen eighty four, but it seems like just yesterday in many respects. Who's next, Joseph, Bobby, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Happy Friday, Face, Flag family and flame throwers.
Speaker 1: Brothers. Come back to that. Oh that was a funny one Elon musk flamethrower. You gotta specify the brand. It'd be an Elon musk flamethrower. Anyway, go ahead, Bobby.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what. Brother, Let's go back to issue one. Everybody, please just say no, no Issue one. No. That way you don't have to discuss it and worry about all the jerry mandering and how you may get on the board. Look, it's a bad situation. Everybody listening to this station knows. Just tell everybody to vote no. That's the first thing, and the one of the most important is that you've got a big migrant fist this weekend.
Speaker 1: Also migrant Fest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's up the Dayton gun show.
Speaker 1: That's right. Bobby observed that at gun shows we have migrants purchasing firearms because there is no background check. Now you're making an argument for background checks. And you do that, Bobby, because you know, I can sell a firearm to you, or you could maybe give me an upper for a firearm that I own, which has happened. But if you were a FFL licensed seller of new firearms, that would have to go through a background check. So gun shows are places where you know, private sellers, you know, present their wares their collectors, and of course they can sell them without going through ff So you are making a great argument for background checks for individual transactions. Bobby. You realize that, don't you.
Speaker 6: Yes, they're in the state of Ohio, if you have a driver's license and you're not a convicted spell and you can go ahead and purchase and or sale to somebody that's a legal a hire resident. That's just the way the lawway.
Speaker 1: Is right, and we give driver's license to everyone. Everyone there. You have it, Bobby, Well, I know you didn't call to advocate for that, Bobby, but that's the point that we have reached. If you're concerned about illegal immigrants acquiring firearms. Most notably, given that we have about fifteen million new ones over the past four years, coupled with about two million known godaways, backgrounds unknown, it presents a very frightening scenario, Bobby, as you I'm sure agree with me on that. Always good to hear from your brother. Have a great weekend, Pat, welcome to the program, and a happy Friday to you.
Speaker 11: Insane to you, Brian and your health, honey.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 11: I went to the library yesterday and I got me a sample ballot to get an idea about this issue. Won and I don't. And the very first thing is when you can't vote somebody into office. This is a commission of fifty people, and the geremandering is going to help either one party or the other, And you can't. If you've got a problem with them, you can't do anything. You can't get rid of them. Only day if they find you know, if one of the members isn't doing what they're supposed to do, they can get rid of them. You can't do anything. You can't see them. You can't. I mean you can't even you're not even voting for these people. I said, this country is in a state right now. I don't know if the commedies are going to be taken over the Socialists or whoever, but I think we're in a world or hurt. And all I do every day in the Rosary I praise good wings over evil. But yeah I am not. I'm voting no on this one.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's coming through loud and clear, Pat and I concur with you, and I recommend that everyone vote no. Just look at the money behind it, look at what they have done. It is a bunch of left wing organizations trying to change a pretty strong red state back into a blue state. They can't do it at the ballot box. They can't do it based upon their campaign platforms. They can't do it based upon you know what candidates normally run on, and we just don't abide. We won't vote for them, we don't vote for them. We have a Republican fully dominated Republican House, Senate, and governor's office, and they hate that, and so they're trying to change the narrative. Again, going back to the Wall Street Journals observations, note that in Democrat states they haven't pushed for this. They have gerimandering problems. In Democrat states they've been to the lawsuits have been filed over germandering, and Democrat states they have the same kind of problems we've had here in Ohio in the past. It's not that the problem doesn't exist, it's whether or not this is the appropriate solution. So how come they're not doing it in states where they have a pretty full on blue representation. Well, that's because they have what they want there. They're satisfied with it. There's no need to engage in this multi million dollar effort to convince us that we're wrong on some level. Don't do it. Pat appreciate it, get the message out, tell your friends, have them read it. Lord Almighty. It's difficult enough to get through it. That alone should probably reason enough to vote no on it. But yeah, I like accountability, and I know politics. It's difficult to hold people accountable. You got to wait to the next election, but you at least have that option. You can vote someone out or vote for the other guy. Note Steve Shabbitz no longer in office. He was there forever he ran. He tried to hold a seat. People said, no, I don't know if you got a better candidate out of it. I certainly don't think so. But it can be done. Even though it's entrenched. Incumbents can be voted out of office six sixteen. Right now, if you have KCD talk station, feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phone and get over to Odor Exit dot com. Get all four ODO exited products. You'll get twenty percent off and they'll be delivered free to your door order before three pm. It'll be there at your house by tomorrow. You can buy it locally. Can't take advantage of the twenty percent off when you buy it locally, though, But if you need to get rid of the odor there it is. The search engine on the web page Odor Exit od o r xit no e so same day delivery, free delivery for the special twenty percent off. It works on everything, and it comes with the one hundreercent satisfaction guarantee. If it doesn't get rid of the pet odor, the human odor of the skunk, mold, mildew, smoke, and a whole lot more than you get your money back. If you have any questions, call them up. If it doesn't work the first time, I strongly strongly encourage you calling them up. They've got some tricks and methodologies and ways of getting rid of even the most stubborn odor, so I don't think you'll need to take advantage of the one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Odor Exit dot.
Speaker 5: Com fifty five krc the talk station reads.
Speaker 1: Six one fifty five krc de talk station loves Me and my Friday's Tech Friday with day've hat are coming up at the bottom of the hour. David, of course, he's excited. Ahways is seems to agree with me with everything I ask him. Anyhow, three Sevenredewo three talk Time five fifty on eight and defend probably could make this into a plague update, but I just wanted to rattle off three headlines seemingly related. I think I can draw conclusions as to why these headlines read like they are. US Drinking rates hit the highest level since the nineteen seventies inflation storm, as tequila demand sores saw that one over at zero heads they have all the statistics on there. I guess we're drinking more. And as so far as drinking is concern, drinking at NFL games has gotten extraordinarily expensive. I'm sure you know that if you are one of the elite folks that can actually afford to go to an NFL football game. Parking tickets and the cost of food and beverage beer cost inflation. Another one over at zero has by way of illustration, you buy one beer at a Philly Eagles game, it's fifteen dollars and thirty five cents, up from seven dollars ten years ago. Bengals aren't listed here, but similar pricing structure across the spectrum Los Angeles fourteen to seventy five for a beer that used to be seven dollars and twenty cents. I know, Joe, do you think that's why everyone likes to tailgate? Because the beers out in the tailgate party. Are a whole lot less expensive, and you can do whatever you want, eat your own food and hot dogs and not pay ninety jillion dollars or like, for example, what is it a Skyline chili dog at the game? Is like seven dollars or something like that. Who can argue with He's Loise. That's why I say no to big stadiums. Let's se what New Hampshire Gary's got. New Hampshire Gary, Happy Friday to you, Welcome, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Brian. Hey, uh, I just I thought I heard something that you were talking about your lymphoma, and I just wanted to let you know you're in my prayers and well something to the effect of you're just taking it day by day kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like I'm rewinding the clock to when I originally got diagnosed. I had the original diagnosis in twenty eighteen, low spectrum lymphoma. So after they almost made it to four years without any symptoms. But I started having some symptoms crop up, say a few months ago, and I finally went to the doctor and then I had the CT scan, then they did the biopsy, and then I found out yesterday definitively that it has not gotten more aggressive. It's just growing again. But it's still low spectrum. So I either go back to a comparable treatment protocol which gave me basically three and a half plus years, or there's another treatment protocol I can choose to go with. So I had some ops. But since I was in remission for such a long time and I was told originally and I still believe this, you'll die with it, not from it. I'm in the best possible place, I said, you know, I even posted on Facebook. I always feel like I've won the cancer diagnosis lottery because no one sat me down and said, you know, buddy, you've got you know, stage four metastas is all running through your body, or pancreatic cancer or geoblastoma or liver cancer. I mean, there's a multitude of cancers that are so much more aggressive, requires so much more treatment, and people are in jeopardy of dying. That's why I say, I appreciate the prayers, and they worked. I'm at the same place. I'm not worried. I'm in great hands with OHC. At least I feel that way, and so prioritize you can take me off the prayer list. Appreciated it worked. Put somebody with geoblastoma down on that list of prayers, or help the cure starts now dealing with pediatric brain cancer, that kind of thing. But I sure appreciate it. I'm not trying to say I don't. I just figure people have a finite amount of time and a number of people that are worthy of prayers. Your prayers, as far as I'm concerned, worked for me. So thank you very much for the inquiry. I God love each and every one of you. It's easy to get through tough times when you have friends six twenty five fifty five k SED talk station and friends we have in tech Friday's Dave hat Or He'll be on next after real positive words. My friends at Fast and Pro Wonderful Roofers. They are superior roofing work. I cannot imagine anyone any roofing company out there doing better work than Fast and Pro craftsman level stuff here Shingo Ruse. If you need a replacement, they upgrade you automatically with no additional charge of the certainty landmark pro fifty year warranted Shingle. That's peace of mind right there. More than that though, do gutters, gutter guards. They do clean your gutters out if your gutters are filled, and just call fast and Pro to have them cleaned out and you'll get a free roof inspection while they're doing that. May have something going up there that you don't know about it, but they are honest. They're not cheets like so many people in the roofing business, never trying to say you anything you don't need. They do exterior project beyond roofs like sighting work and fatia. They did beautiful work on that with my home and all kinds of roofs both residential and commercial. If you want to put a metal roof on in Loui, the shingles they do that. Also do terra cotta work, slate work, everything. Call the professionals at Fasten Pro Roofing a plus with a better business bureau that's well deserved five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. Again it's a free inspection and free quote. If you have a quote necessary seven seven four ninety four ninety five Fast and fast E n fastenpro Roofing dot.
Speaker 5: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: You are come up at six thirty fifty five KRCD de talk station by the time. I's always looking forward to this segment. I hope you are too. It's appointment listening. I'm trying to keep you out of trouble. Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. It brought to you by intrust it Fine them on line at interrust it dot com. Business courier says they are the best in the business for businesses needing help with their computer systems and to help them stay out of trouble. Welcome back, Dave Hatter. Always a pleasure to have you on the morning show.
Speaker 12: Brian, Always good to be here, Always look forward to it.
Speaker 1: And Happy Friday to you. So China, Chinese are having problems with TikTok too.
Speaker 12: Huh, Well, I mean, who would have guessed this is a study that's been reported on and a monitor you know. Yeah, you and I have discussed TikTok many times over the years, and really ever since it's taken off as a super popular social media platform slash app, it's been under fire.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 12: Originally most of the concern was around privacy, and we've seen issues with it essentially being a tool used by the Chinese Communist Party and that's essentially what this is pointing out. Now you know, theoretically it's going to be banned in the US. We'll see what happens with that. I haven't heard much about that lately since the initial you.
Speaker 1: Know, reporting on that.
Speaker 12: But ultimately the bottom line is I would just encourage people to think about three things before I get into the specifics of this. TikTok is owned by Byedance, a Chinese company.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 12: Two, When you look around and you see how adversarial China has increasingly become with the United States, in particular in the West in general, that should be a concern for anyone to think that data of it's being collected.
Speaker 1: By this app.
Speaker 12: And I would remind folks, don't take my word for it, go to the Apple App Store and look up the privacy label for TikTok. I mean, people should do this for any app before they install it on their phone, because most apps are not free because the developers don't have anything better to do with their time, and they care about you deeply as a person. They're building this stuff because they want to collect your data. That's why they're free. They collect, you know, intensive and detailed data from you. And when you look at the Apple app Store privacy label and TikTok, it's you know, it's literally collecting virtually everything off your phone, Yeah, your location, you contacts, I mean virtually everything. And then number three, China has a law. Right, you can look this up. It's been well reported on in the US. China has a law that says any Chinese company pretty much has to turn over anything the People's Republic of.
Speaker 5: China wants at any time.
Speaker 12: So that alone, to me, would be enough to ensure that I never use TikTok. Then you get into some of the reporting that's come along the way. You know, Forbes did a big thing in this heating future where China can basically or I should say bye dance Byte dance. Can you know the parent company can make things trend right. So in theory you're using the app, things trend because they trend right. Many people look at some things, share something whatever that creates a trend. Well, they can control that themselves. So anything they want to amplify or anything they want to push down, they can do that. That to me is a huge concern and that's what this article really is addressing. Study finds TikTok mutes descent against China.
Speaker 6: So even if you.
Speaker 12: Don't assume they're using TikTok to amplify pro PRC sash CCP narratives, someone did a study here. Researchers set of twenty four accounts on TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube simulating sixteen year old users.
Speaker 1: In the US.
Speaker 12: They tested the algorithms of these platforms using four keywords linked to the CCP's human rights violations. And then when you you know, look at the results on TikTok, the stuff that was negative towards PRC was suppressed. And I mean that's really the bottom line, you know, I just don't understand how people aren't getting the message that TikTok is not your friendly, local neighborhood social media app. Now, they all have their problems, as we've seen, you know, and there's been censorship concerns around every one of these platforms at some point. Really, but again, we have an adversarial nation state actor controlling this thing, and you know, when you when you dig down into its capabilities and the idea, especially as we you know, towards this election, that they're not trying to control the narrative that they're not trying to forward pro PRC messages and you know, suppress anti PRC messages. It's just crazy, and every day it seems like there's more and more evidence that points that out. So again I encourage people to go see for themselves. I will post a link to this in my notes from today's show. People should go see this stuff for themselves and then share it and use platforms like x to share this stuff widely so that hopefully people will stop using this stuff definitely.
Speaker 1: You know, you've given this message over and over again in a multitude of reasons why TikTok is dangerous and bad. It's addictive, it's propaganda. I mean, you know, I go back to something you've pointed out many times. A lot of people's reaction is, well, you know, I enjoy TikTok and everybody's on TikTok, and you know, I don't care if the Chinese Communist Party has everything on my phone. It just doesn't mean anything to me. And it's a terrible, terrible attitude to take. But that therein lines the challenge. It's so popular that people are willing in the face of knowing exactly what you told and what you stated, and the manipulation that they engage in complements of the Chinese Communist Party, that they're willing to just keep it anyway just because.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's it's very frustrating for me personally, Brian, trying to get people because it's not like there aren't alternatives out there, right and Instagram, Facebook X, There's plenty of alternatives that you can use Snapchat instead of this thing.
Speaker 6: But yeah, it's.
Speaker 12: In a continuous state of frustration trying to give people to take this seriously and stop using it.
Speaker 1: Or just don't participate at all. Take That's where I go. Pause. We're going to find out more data breaches twenty three meters Pokemon and Cisco. I didn't even know Pokemon is a thing days. Gonna talk about that in a minute six thirty six. Right now, if you buy kcit detoxication, I'm going to tell you about the seventy five plus years of Zimmer heating and air conditioning helping out their loyal customers, keeping it home safe and efficient and comfortable. That is the Zimmer tradition. Tradition I should more properly articulate the word Barties boxis to Zimmer. You trust the third generations at Zimmer. They are awesome and what they do customer service is great. They can fix your system, heating your air conditioning system. They do twenty four hour day, seven a week emergency service and they'll replace your air conditioner if it is that time. The cool Carrier Comfort Rebate act while it's still going on, I figure since winter's fast approaching with moving away from that. But until they tell me no, it's twenty one hundred dollars in savings on a new carrier unit. That's a good chunk of money right there. And Zimmer do a wonderful job installing that and you'll be very very comfortable with the news carrier, especially given the rebate of twenty one hundred dollars. To learn more about what they do and what they can do for you and schedule appointment, it's go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 5: That's go Zimmer dot com fifty five KRC. What can the Claremont County BESO forty.
Speaker 1: Fifty five You talk Station Bryan Thomas with tech Freddy, Dave Hatter Fine Dave and the team online at intrust it dot com and let us move over to data breaches I didn't even know Pokemon was still a thing. Dave. I'm sorry, but I don't have I don't have little kids anymore now, so, believe it or not, I.
Speaker 12: Didn't really think people were still playing that either. It's kind of surprising to me. I mean, you know, there's there's the whole card game thing, there's.
Speaker 6: The whole TV show.
Speaker 5: Then you had that app.
Speaker 12: You know people were playing for a while where you'd go try to catch the Pokemon. Oh I remember that, Yeah, which went through kind of a you know, like a just crazy phase where people of all ages were playing this thing like crazy.
Speaker 5: So, you know, it's just it's hard.
Speaker 12: This is another thing that's hard to impress upon folks, both from a consumer perspective why you should care about this, and then as a business why you should care about this, because there's two different angles. In my mind, when you talk about data breaches, generally, what we see is one of two things. A there's some kind of misconfiguration that leads to information being leaked. A lot of times when you read about data breaches with one of these cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services or Google or Microsoft, it's not that Google or Microsoft has been hacked it's that someone put their data in these cloud environments and did not configure the environment to protect it right, because there's a society of shared responsibility. When you use a cloud based service. Microsoft makes certain capabilities available, you may or may not choose to use all of them. You may or may not understand how to use them correctly. Does that make sense?
Speaker 5: First off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for the most part.
Speaker 12: Sure, it's a really important concept. If you think, Okay, I'm going to get rid of my servers and just dumb stuff in the cloud, which many businesses do, and in many cases that makes a lot of sense. If you do that, but you don't really understand how to configure that environment correctly, you're gonna get breached. It's just a matter of time. A perfect example this would be Snowflake. A lot of the most recent larger data breaches, like AT and T, they were using a third party tool called Snowflake to do data analysis, and when they put their data into this Snowflake platform, they didn't set it up right and then then it was stolen. So you know, at the end of the day, the responsibility really even though Snowflake, if you read into it, could have done more to make more tools available to protect it. The people that put their data there just didn't do the right things and thus it was stolen.
Speaker 1: That's sound like you had a question, Brian, kind of put a plug in maybe for interest. It is that the kind of thing you help businesses do well.
Speaker 12: As a matter of fact, Brian, it is the exact sort of thing that we do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, I appreciate the plug.
Speaker 1: No, I listen to somebody out there is going, well, I don't know how to use this stuff. Well, that's why you have interest, I t I mean, I know you're not the only game in town, but you know, it's an important thing for me to point out you do sponsor this segment. I mean, if I had to start from scratch on this, I wouldn't even know where to begin.
Speaker 12: What we're doing, Brian, you know it support and cybersecurity protection, but within that, a big component of that is in many cases helping businesses you know, modernize, improve their productivity, improve their productive efficiency and security by moving you know, their workloads to the cloud.
Speaker 1: All right, what about what of twenty three and me? I always thought that it was a bad idea to give up your genetic information to some random company. Out there in the world. I mean, that's the key to everything that you are. That one was breached as well.
Speaker 12: Couldn't agree with you not it hasn't been breached, but it has. Here's the problem, okay, and I agree with you wholeheartedly. I've tried to convince people for a long time that any Okay, if you go to your doctor or your local hospital, your data theoretically is protected under HIPPA right right now. If the data is breached, there are consequences. These healthcare companies that are fall under HIPPA, I can tell you from firsthand experience, spend a lot of time.
Speaker 1: Trying to protect your data.
Speaker 5: It's oh, yes, some of them.
Speaker 12: Some of them still get hacked, but they understand the legal requirements for that. Companies like twenty two to three and me are not a healthcare company. They don't fall under HIPPO. And when you send your DNA into them, to your point, you're giving them the most valuable information you have. I mean, you can't get a new fingerprint, you can't get a new retinal print, you can't get a new DNA. If that's if this biometric stuff where your DNA gets leaked somehow it's hard to say what could happen.
Speaker 1: Let me put it, let me put a stronger point of that. You're speaking of China. Yes, many people believe that the bat virus, the covid that was manufactured in Wuhan Institute Virology, was specifically designed to attack certain types of people. And I don't know if that ever came to fruition. But if you can design a destructive pathogen that goes directly toward people with certain DNA characteristics, if there's a reason right there, I couldn't agree.
Speaker 12: With you more. So here, I know we'll run out of time. Here's the bottom line on this. Twenty three and me you know, for a while was one of these unicorn Darling type companies. But once you've submitted your DNA to them and you've gotten the results, okay, what are you using for again?
Speaker 1: And that's the problem.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: So law enforcement has found it very valuable to subpoena twenty three meters to find out, like for the example, to pre trying to data match rapists DNA. So there is a valuable sort of crime fighting element in there. But once it's out, it can be subpoenaed and it can be handed over to others.
Speaker 12: And when this when they go you know, they're teetering now because they don't get repeat business. If they go bankrupt, what happens to that data? I can guarantee you there will be other organizations that want to buy it. So so Toy three and me hasn't been breached per se. The concern many people are raising, including myself at this point, is if they don't make it, or if they get bought by another company, whatever terms you agree to, what happens to that What happens to your data?
Speaker 5: Who could it be sold to?
Speaker 12: And what does that mean for you? So I cannot stress enough There absolutely zero chance anytime in the near future. Now, A couple states do have laws that would potentially protect you, most do not. Most states have no privacy law right at eighteen do A couple have laws that directly try to address this type of situation. But even with that eighteen and within the eighteen mostly so you're kind of on your own. And until there's some sort of national privacy law that would potentially protect this data period, there is not a chance, not a chance, I would give any kind of healthcare data to any private company that is not under him no way.
Speaker 1: Exclamation point coming up. One of the more frightening elements. It's mornings Morning's discussions with Dave. A water company shut down after a cyber attack. We'll get to that in a moment. Binical bills number one cause of bankruptcy. I can understand that MRIs at a hospital thirty five hundred plus dollars doesn't include the radiologists report. You get a separate bill for that. Or the contrast, that's an extra MRIs at Affordable Imaging Services four hundred and ninety five bucks. Set scans not five thousand, four hundred and fifty bucks. Echo cardiogram at the hospital two thousand dollars maybe more, No imaging report. Affordable Imaging Services four hundred and ninety five bucks, and the ultra sound at the hospital two thousand dollars average two hundred and fifty bucks. Affordable Imaging Services has no hidden costs. They use the same high quality equipment as the hospitals. Each image comes with a board certified radiologists report. The last CT scan I got, the one that revealed that my you know, low spectrum lymphoma had you know, gotten active again. I did it at Affordable imaging services. I saved myself a heapload of money. That's the important thing about it. They've been at this for more than forty years. Call schedule appointment. You can go where you want. Well, my doctor said, get the CT scan. Suggests that i'd go to the imaging department of the hospital. I said, now I go do a commercial for affordable imaging. I'm gonna go there. She's like, great, and no problems at all with the images or the radiologists report. Everything was great five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Other than the results five one three seven five three eight thousand. Visit them online learn more Affordable Medimaging dot.
Speaker 5: Com fifty five krc Are you receiving.
Speaker 1: Letters from the one I pick about? KRCD talk station interest it dot Com sponsored the segment Dave Hatter and his team right there to help you businesses out there with your business needs in computers. Okay, this one's frightening. This is the kind of thing I worry about in terms of cyber attack, the water being shut down, the electricity grid being shut down, maybe the gas not flowing anymore. A multitude of potentials here, and we actually have a real illustration with this water company day.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Brian, We've talked about this kind of thing before and it keeps coming up again. First off, I want to remind folks critical infrastructure. You touched on several of the sectors there. FBI has sixteen different sectors they define as critical infrastructure, and it's again some of the things you just mentioned water, gas, electric, chemical plants, transportation, et cetera. Right, and you know, by any objective measure, just go see for yourself with the reporting, these types of operations are increasingly under cyber attack, I mean, and often attribution of who attacks something is difficult, especially if they're smart. When I mean when you look at the level of skill and sophistication, for example of what the Israelis pulled off with the page Oh you know, it's it can be very difficult to put the blame in the right place because you'll hear all it was the Russians, well was it? Or was it the Chinese covering their tracks making it look.
Speaker 1: Well, no, the fact that it was done, yeah, I mean, that's the kind of thing that can be done nefarious actor absolutely or not.
Speaker 12: But so so when people say, you know, why should I worry about this? And you know, I would remind folks a lot of people still don't know about Stuck's net back. You know, many quite a while ago, allegedly the US, probably working with the Israelis, built a very elaborate virus for lack of a better description, were able to get it into the uranium and Richmond plants in Iran, And while the centrifuges that were working on enriching the uranium doing their thing, they were reporting bad information back to the operators. So the operators thought the machinery was doing what it was supposed to do and operating within its limits, but instead it was basically ripping itself apart. Hundreds of these centerfuges were destroyed. Again, this is well documented stucks net. So when people say, well, this can't happen, this is far fetched, it's science fiction.
Speaker 5: It's already been done at least once.
Speaker 12: So when you think about how devastating it would be to our society if the water was shut off or or worse, poisoned. And there have been instances where hackers broke into a water plant and changed the amount of.
Speaker 1: Chemicals get remember talking with you about that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, thankfully no one was injured. But there have been several of these attacks, the most recent one being on American Water. Here's the one of the headlines, American Water shuts down online services after cyber attack. They had to take some of their systems offline. You know, they serve roughly fourteen million people across the United States, sixty five hundred employees, eighteen military and stas relations. So you know, I just can't stress enough. You know, as a consumer, what can you do? Well, you can be aware of these things and then put pressure on your elected representatives, your local water company, water district, whatever it is, to make sure they're taking these things seriously and they're doing vulnerability assessments and penetration testing and updating their systems because the successful attacks, specifically in the water sector have often been they have legacy systems, old outdated versions of stuff that aren't updated or can't be updated, and that's.
Speaker 1: What gets hacked.
Speaker 12: You know, I get it costs money to address these issues, but you know we're talking about like that, Yeah, kinetic impact on our physical society. Yeah, ultimately life and death and possibly an existential situation, because you know, if you knock out the power grid, eventually, you know, you're going to have all kinds of other problems. Can you get fuel to the generators that would keep pumping the water?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 12: So I know this sounds very very doomy and you know, very dystopian and so forth, but it's real. Yeah, it's not just me making this stuff up. People can go see for themselves. And to that point, Brian, you know, because I talk to a lot of other local governments, both as the mayor of Fort Wright, trying to convince them this is ree and his intrust trying to help businesses, and you know, government agencies address these kind of things.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 12: I hate that I always have to be the doomsday guy with a ten foil half. But I put together a blog where I've just every time I see one of these stories that's new because you know, you get a lot of a lot of different reporting on the same situation. So every new situation shows up that I can find, I'm putting it in my blog. I'll share that in the link today too, so people can see for themselves that this isn't.
Speaker 1: A one off thing.
Speaker 12: It's not just you know, one local government in Wyoming. It's not just one water plant in Peoria or something these to continue to happen. You know, we've had huber Heights and Columbus here locally had some pretty devastating cyber attacks. Now they weren't critical infrastructure. They were more of your standard I want to steal your money and steal your data pay me a rant type of situation. You know, huber Heights has publicly disclosed so far they've spend eight hundred thousand dollars trying to recover from this ransomware attack. Whose city has an eight spare eight hundred thousand laying around in their budget?
Speaker 5: None that I know of, None I know either priority priorities, day priorities.
Speaker 12: Exactly right.
Speaker 1: You want security in the cyber world, keep them infrastructure protected, or maybe a new leg of the street car had to go there. Dave Hatter, always a pleasure Intrust dot Com. Dave, I can't thank you enough for the segment, Always informative. Take heed Dave's advice or fail to do so at your own peril Until next Friday, my friend, have a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 12: Always my pleasure. Brian, you too, and real quick, we're doing a seminar. It's free. It's a webinar. Intrust and Housin's insurance next week on the twenty second details on our site. So if you want to understand how insurance does not protect you from these kinds of things, but can help you in the event you have an incident, come to our webinar.
Speaker 1: It's free.
Speaker 12: You'll learn lot about how to protect your organization and why you want to have cybersecurity protection.
Speaker 1: And interest it dot com Till next Friday, Dave, take care of my friend. Coming up at top of the our news John Pearson running for GOP Commissioner, Hamion County Commissioner. Race in full steam ahead. John Pearson after the news, Talk October.
Speaker 4: The whole assassination is sounding off so ridiculous, it's surreal.
Speaker 13: Fifty five krz, the Talk Steation. This report is sponsored by the Berna Les Lethal seven oh six, the fifty five RCD talk station. Brian Thomas wishing everyone a very happy Friday. I love my Fridays, and I love talking to folks, and I love particularly when folks I'm talking to are in studio. And thank you Jonathan Pearson, running for Hamilton County Commissioner, for joining me in studio to talk politics for a while.
Speaker 1: Here. Jonathan good have you Ron? Well, thank you, Bryan, I appreciated good morning. Uh, nothing really to talk about in the world of politics, is there. No, it's a slow world. It's uh, you know it may you live in interesting times. These are such boring times, it is, Jonathan. The first thing I said to you when you came in the studio was like, commissioner race has really, really, really been very low key. It's sort of like it's just off in the distance someplace they haven't and there's no rackous debates and no finger pointing and no you know, prominent you know, display of alternative viewpoints why you should vote for me and why you shouldn't vote for her, that kind of stuff. Not a lot of reporting on the commissioner's race either, you have any I mean, are you in agreement with me on that jam? Since you're the candidate, I mean, you would know better than anybody else.
Speaker 2: It's been very interesting because people I've spent more time explaining what the commission does, right, because most people stare at me, go what is it? So what I always my tagline is it's the most boring important job in the county.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a wonderful way of putting it because.
Speaker 5: We deal with a lot of money.
Speaker 1: It is the largest chunk of which is the Sheriff's department. Of course, we're all pulling for Sheriff Jim Neil or Jim Neil former sheriff. I think he's the best qualified for the job. And don't recall anytime that Jim Neil had his firearms stolen from his vehicle?
Speaker 5: No, I don't. I don't think Jim would be the type to leave.
Speaker 1: It in his car either, right, Yeah, and even can you remember the lock your junk in your trunk campaign to avoid smashing grabs?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, physician healed myself, eddiehow just Neiceter plugging there for Jim Neil because I really support me.
Speaker 5: He's a good guy.
Speaker 1: And of course Hamilton County Prosecutor Melissa Power is so important to keep her for.
Speaker 2: Oh, extremely, she's tough on crimes. She's the last She's literally the last one in America that a major city for Republican.
Speaker 1: Oh that is so disheartening.
Speaker 2: It is because of the fact that the average Republican thinks of their community as a safe, vibrant place to walk around and do what they want to do. And let's just think of these cities that we start talking about, just one Detroit, Cleveland, you know, let's be local Indianapolis, and you say, well, there's not a high crime in there. The FBI just secretly snuck in the new crime status. I saw that, and uh huh shocker. They went up sixty five percent under Biden. G I'm stunned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And it's interesting, you know, honestly, I'm surprised that data came out before the election, correcting the record in advance.
Speaker 2: Well they corrected it actually in September. That's how quiet they did it. We didn't even know that and it was found by accident by I think it was of all things like USA today.
Speaker 5: It's hard which you wish. Who would have never figured they would bring it forward?
Speaker 1: Not exactly your conservative leaning newspaper, is that? Jonathan, Well, let's talk about your qualifications. You're running for Hamilton County Commissioner. Clearly you understand the job, since you're going around and explaining it a lot to folks, But by way of background and what what what qualifies you to the extent anybody really needs to be qualified for office anymore? Quite often, like for example, in the prosecutors race, some are not qualified to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm stunned.
Speaker 2: But the Democrats were willing to put up somebody who is nothing but a perennial runner.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, she runs for everything but qualified for nothing.
Speaker 1: And it's I think their belief, and I think it's a well founded belief, at least if you're a betting man that Hamilton County is blue. Now, so if you can just really run anyone with the D after the name, they're going to win.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would like to think, for you know that the D in this case would stand at least for demonstrating some talent.
Speaker 1: But I can't say that of that particular person. You don't want to put her name on the record. You want to remind my listeners who you're running against, because Adam Kaylor also has an opponent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we're running against three House and rece for the Commissioner's office. And the reality is that I wanted to run because there's a lot of money that we're talking about. I mean, I don't think people understand how much money that the commissioners deal with one point three billion dollars and you know, deals with all the moneies that come in from property taxes and from the sales tax. It doesn't go to the city. The rest is going through the county and we deal with that, and those go to the various projects that you are go around, and the most notable to everybody as a sewer system and the Bengals Stadium and the convention Center. Well those are monstrously large ticket items and I don't think people realize what that means to their day to day life in this little burg we call Hamlin County. And my whole goal was simple, let's go in and just as I say, am I thing well studied budget. Everybody wants to have these fancies terms of balance structured budget, which is just a lie. It's we've managed to fool you so you're stupid enough to not look. That's our hope. The reality is well studied budget is where you go line by line by line and you just start picking that thing apart and you look at it and say, do we really need one hundred million for all of these things? Do we need this job to be five minus going to be done at three? This job for five may need actually seven million? And then we start getting this so when we go to things like the sheriff's office, which is extremely important and one of the largest things we fund. We actually have the money. We can look at a good sheriff neil and say, hey, what do you really need the money for? And you know, do you need more for more deputies?
Speaker 5: Do you need this?
Speaker 2: Because right now the sheriff's offices is funded ridiculously well for the people that are there, and they're losing people down and they'll she'll say that there's plenty of people in there because their HR department said, no, actually, it's going up. Well, as I mentioned in one interview, sure it's going up. Because when you're in a hole, there's only one way out, you know. So when that many people walk away and you hire one more person, well you've got you know, you're really on the move now. And the challenge that we're facing and all of that is why are they leaving? See, when we work politics from identity as opposed to talent, it stops at the door because once I see you at the door, I know what you are.
Speaker 5: Whether you want to.
Speaker 2: Say that you're you're gay, or you're black, or you're white, or you're jew or whatever, all of that becomes pointless when you sit down at the table to do the job.
Speaker 1: And so now it's mayor on behalf of every resident of the county. Yeah, and we're made up of a real wild mix of folks here in Hamilton County.
Speaker 2: That's the beauty of this county. I know, man, I know, I think that's the beauty of this county because when I was I grew up in Springfield, Ohio.
Speaker 5: There's a nice city to nothing going on there, you know.
Speaker 2: So, but it was interesting because in my background, I went to school in an inner city Catholic school and it was inner city in every way except where it was Catholic. But everything you expect to happen inner city school. I mean we had to step over drunks and drug addicts to get into the building. Okay, sometimes I have to call sister, and sister so and so is drunk and he's blocking the door and we can't open it. I mean that was my school. And when I moved to Cincinnati, I was stunned to meet people that didn't go to school with black people.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that that was the impossible.
Speaker 2: So to come down to a community that got that started to be more leaning towards an identity as opposed to a community was a little strange to me. And so I really got more involved in community itself. And I love this county. You know, I live in Fairfax. I love our little burg. It's very interesting little burg. In the regards that I always joke and somebody said, weren't you concerned about the riots? I said, no, they'd discover that we believe in the Second Amendment. Yeah, you don't see the riots in county either. Now the Fairfax is not going to have a ride anytime soon, just because of the reality. We firmly believe in the Second Amendment. But the reality is that, you know, I looked at it more from the community standpoint, and everything that I got involved in, I never worried about somebody's identity other than they identified as being part of the group.
Speaker 5: And I think that's true.
Speaker 2: When we look at the Commission's office, we look at it from the budget standpoint. We're not trying to pigeonhole something to one thing. You know, right now, they keep throwing money at this and say, see, we're giving money to help this person. We're giving me money to help this person, this group. Why aren't we helping somebody to actually stand up on their own two legs and move forward.
Speaker 5: It is the infamous.
Speaker 2: Give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach him how to fish feed him for a lifetime, and he becomes one of those community leaders. Well, that's what our challenges in the county. People are tired of being given fish, so they're leaving. It's the same thing we're seeing at the Sheriff's department, And we've got to get people to be part of this community and get away from the identity of look at my individual You have to recognize my personal individual identity as opposed to a Hamiltonian County resident.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm in favor of merit. You know, the whole concept of equity is you don't have someone of a particular gender in the mix. Well, if there is someone of a particular gender out there who is both best qualified for the job, get that person out here and have them run for the race. Yeah, And that's the point. Color of skin doesn't matter, it's content of character. In this particular case, merit and ability to handle the affairs of Hamilton County on behalf of all Hamilton County residents. Simple concept. Yeah, that's it. We'll continue with Jonathan Pearson. Will take quick break care mention my friends, because you can still take care of your safety and strongly any time of year. You can take care of your safety with Chimney Care, Fireplace and Stove. But I always just look at it like, look, it's getting cold. You're gonna be using the fireplace, the free standing stove, the wood waste pellet stove. Get it safety taken care of now so you don't have anything to worry about when you're starting to use it on a regular basis. Let's see, you don't have a free standing stove you've been dreaming about. Oh, I've always won a one in the corner right there. They're so awesome and they put off lots of heat. Get it installed now. They have a huge selection to those over the Chimneycare Fireplaces Stove Showroom located at four thirteen Wards Corner Road also fireplace senserts. Get one or replace the old one. In my case, the old one well was a fire hazard and that's what an inspection determined. Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove will thoroughly inspect your chimney and everything related to it, whether it's gas or wood burning, video camera inspection, it could be water damage in there. They fix water damage, They replace linings, do the installation, maintenance and everything. You can call them with confidence. They have an A plus with a better business Bureau and do great work. And thanks again to those folks for maybe saving my life or at least preventing my house from burning down. Call them up, schedule appointment five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five to one three two four eight ninety six hundred, have them clean your dryer event out when they're out, or just call them for that reason alone online. Learn more all about it at Chimneycareco.
Speaker 5: Dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: If you will, here's your Channel nine first warning weather forecast sonny in sixty seven today, clear over night, forty two sonny tomorrow for U See's homecoming game. Going up to seventy two degrees with clear skys every night and low of forty four sunny on Sunday as well, seventy three for the high.
Speaker 9: Right now, it's thirty nine degrees. Let's hear what Chuck has on traffic from the UC Health Tramphing Center. Mammograms save vibes called I've won three five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with U see how's experteam.
Speaker 5: That's five one, three five eight four pink.
Speaker 1: Cruse continue to work.
Speaker 9: With an accident at northbound two and seventy five at the ramp to twenty eight. The right lane and the ramp are currently blocked off. You're backing up pants to the Parkway northbound seventy five. There's a wreck above twelfth Street in Covington. That tram fake now backing up past Dixie over a ten minute delay.
Speaker 5: Chuck Kingbrad mointh fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty or seven twenty rather come up to seven twenty one to fift five KRC DE talk station. Brian Thomas enjoying my in studio conversation with Jonathan Pearson, who's running for county commissioner, saying wise, rational, thinking, human being. Amazing that someone like that is trying to enter politics. Doesn't care about identity politics because he knows it doesn't matter a whit at all. What are you going to do for the county? He related a story to me he met some guy who introduced himself as a gay man. He's like, I'm straight, and the guy got little bit offended, and you had an interesting back and forth with that, ultimately proving to the guy it does not matter. Now you haven't even told me your name yet. You said to the guy like, oh, my name's Bill, and you shake his hand, and it's like taking aback. And you know, there aren't enough people like you to kindly, not angrily, or just point something like that in a very friendly, subtle way.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm straight. Yeah, Well what does that matter? Exactly? That was your point.
Speaker 1: So anyhow, we do have one politician running for re election in the county that really starts every conversation with I'm a lesbian, doesn't matter. Are you doing the job effectively and you are? Are you a good manager of people? Are your people happy to be in your environment working with you? And I think across the board pretty much the answer is no. In certain departments. Beyond that, Jonathan, you mentioned the sewer system, we're still onder that federal consent to Creek. Correct. Let's talk about that a little bit, because I know it is what multi billion dollar project. Some projects like this deep tunnel they wanted to build, were so dumb and so outrageously expensive. We've been able to pair that back a little bit. But where's what's the status of this and what would Jonathan Pearson be doing relative to the sewer system.
Speaker 2: Well, the one thing that fascinates me about the sewer system is I do a lot of maintenance for people, So I clean out sewers, I'll do whatever, you know, and I take care of things. So I'm used to doing stuff that nobody sees. You know, your Pierson landscape, in my Pearson's landscape, and so what I see because I actually do maintenance within that company too, and so I do a lot of stuff that once it's all covered up, nobody saw what I did. And that's exactly what the sewer system is. So nobody's seeing it. So it's not like seeing the stadium redone, or a new convention center or an addition to the convention center. Yet it affects every one of us.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that suit.
Speaker 2: It affects every one of us in an enormous way because flush your toilet, there you go. You just there's a sewer system. Well, the challenge is who's actually checking to make sure that we're doing these things? If you go down to Fairmont, and.
Speaker 1: These things would be the solution of the problems that are designed to fix the overflows.
Speaker 2: And part of it was the rain sewer. The rain water and the regular sewer were mixed, and you know, and we have a like we did that just the other day. We had that massive water come through and you mix that with your regular sewer, your sewers can't handle that. And for some people in certain neighborhoods they discover that painfully, and you know, and you're not being backed up with nice clean water either. And for the longest time, the Metro Sewer's way of repairing that was here, here's a thousand bucks, get somebody to clean it up. And you know, it's still that went into your basement. Let's just think about that for a second. I know, you like my dog pooping in the house, so why would I want yours in my house?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Point and so the same thing. But I but this is where the FED stepped in and said, hey, you can't. That's not a fix, that's not even a solution, and so they said you have to do this. Well, this is the ready shoot aim mentality that we did with the stadium, we're doing with too many things, or did it with this and metro sewer the same thing got tagged across the river at st One. That's their comparable system, And so they have to segregate all these systems. Well, that's easier said than done. You've got a lot of buildings sitting on top of the sewer systems because it's not just as simple as digging up the street and putting in a new pipe. There are buildings in the way, there are streets in the way, there's infrastructure in the way. And Fairmont, as I mentioned before, if you use that as a great example, you go down there and is this nice little running creek for the mill creek and stuff. Well it might be nice, but to the residents that lost their homes, and businesses that lost their businesses, and the parking lots that are all missing, that's the effect of what happens when we start sticking homes all over the place without thinking of how to get rid of the water and waste.
Speaker 1: Well, and I suppose you know, somebody made the decision that those homes weren't worth saving, and that this project, this greener way of you know, filtering out the water and creating this nice park in an area that really was rather run down. I don't think any we can acknowledge that it was.
Speaker 2: It had its challenges, but you know, a challenge doesn't mean that isn't somebody's home, And I think sometimes we forget that part, and that's there are other ways to manage to the water without destroying whole neighborhoods. But when you start getting into the green movement and you want to put the green movement in something that even though it's practical draining off storm water, you don't need to have a big, old, super wide creek with a park sitting to the side. When you just took away Granny's home at a certain point, where does green stop?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: I always say that people say, well, yeah, but you know, with all this urban sprawl and all these different things, and then within the city we've got all this. I always laugh and I say, I blame it on God. He's the first one to make people have to move. He kicked him out of the garden. So you know, if we get over worried about having to build a new home and different things going on, that's just part of the human progress, you know, So don't be panicked by it, but we'll incorporate you know, what we're doing within that. And you know, I think that that's the great challenge that we're facing right now with the sewer project is people don't want it to happen in their neighborhood. So let's go down to this neighborhood and we'll make it green down here. Because I guarantee you that sewer project that that kind of a cut wouldn't occurred in the middle of Hyde Park.
Speaker 1: They also don't get a whole lot of Section eight housing being so well.
Speaker 5: The connected community is trying to change that. Oh I know, let's plaus is.
Speaker 1: We're out of time. We got a lot more to talk about it, including the stadium deal. More with Jonathan Pierce, so you can find him online. Go to Hamilton County Republican Party dot org. He's got his page right there as one of the pulled down menus. Get in touch with Plump typ plumbing. It's always plumbing done right. Speaking of sewerage, maybe your sewers backed up, Your house has got a backup problem. You sump pump went belly up, bad time to do it in heavy rain. But those things happen, they'll be an emergency, I would argue, at least it could be. They're great at emergency service. Plum Tight Plumbing. Can you just go online to plump tight dot com. Just put a request in for an aployment. They'll get right back to you. They call me within five minutes. I scheduled appointment online on a Sunday. It wasn't an emergency. I'm just giving you give them credit for being so quickly to get back. Hey, an A plus with a better business viraaus so they can fix that, you know, backed up, some pump problem, any plumbing job, deal with water pressure issues, drain cleaning solutions. If it's residential plumbing, they will help you out from northern Kentucky all the way up through Dayton. So Mom, yes, you can call plumb tight for that work you want on your downstairs basement like I told you to the other day. Plumb Tight they'll take good care of you. They better. They're gonna hear from me. I know they will. Five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three five one three seven two seven tight Online. Visit them at plumtight dot com.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC. In this week's Marketers, Here we go the.
Speaker 1: Forecast. Channel nine says it's going to be a sunny day for the most part today sixty seven for the high Tomorrow tonight down to forty two with clear skies homecoming go U see perfect day for a game, sunny sky's highest seventy two overnight clear forty four Sunday also sunnyat and forty seventy three ro out of forty four overnight thirty eight right now.
Speaker 9: Tyme for traffic from the U see how tramphin Center mammograms saved vibes called five one three, five eight four.
Speaker 5: Paint this schedule.
Speaker 9: You're annual mammogram with UC Health experteen. That's five one three five eight four. Paint new accident he's found on one twenty nine before you got the seven forty seven is quickly banking traffic pass by past four still working seven forty seven at one twenty nine from an earlier wreck northbound seventy five crawling out of Florence into downtown with the right lanes blocked off. Just before you got the twelfth street. Chuck Ingram on fifty five kr SE the talk station.
Speaker 4: Thre one.
Speaker 1: You're a fifty five k city talk station. Brian Thomas with a race for County commissioner that's running way low under Riverty's raid arm. But I have one of the candidates in studio here endorsed by the Hamilton Kunty Republican Party, Jonathan Pearson. You are endorsed by the Republican Party. You're on the right site.
Speaker 5: Yes, I am. I am endorsed. No, it's official.
Speaker 1: Take it for granted. No, he's right there. You can find out where he is on the various issues. Of course, his background and he's got some you know, business experience. He is the owner operator Pearson's Turfin Landscaping. We were talking about that, been doing that since nineteen ninety two and moving away. So we talked about the sewer and before we move away from the sewer. Just generally speaking, that's one of the areas where I know we have a consent degree. I know there have been some really big arguments about certain projects, like for example, I mentioned the deep tunnel thing, which I think got nixed because of the outcry and.
Speaker 9: The seemingly stupid, stupid nature. It's not that simple to dig a tunnel, No, it is not. People think you just for a hole through use No, no, no, it's not that stid.
Speaker 1: So are you aware of does anybody know what other projects are already baked into the cake?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 1: We're going to see more projects like you mentioned in Fairmont? Is there a better way to do it?
Speaker 2: To the details? I don't actually know all the firm details of them. That's one of the things I'd like to sit down with and actually see the actual plan as to where things are, because.
Speaker 1: The back your initial comment we started.
Speaker 6: Just go through it.
Speaker 2: And then the biggest thing is if you can keep the actual plan on task and those who are in the supervisory rules of running it, you know, daily reports, not this we'll sit down every two weeks because I think if you hold it to a daily event, because the county runs daily yea, I mean there's a shocker to some people it actually runs daily. And if you look keep that on task and then go to the subcontractors and actually know who they are and you know, are they capable or was it again a you know A yeah, you know, we get into and these are examples of these projects.
Speaker 4: We do it.
Speaker 2: We want to do it for the stateium want to do it for the convention center. We get so caught up and making sure that we do inclusion, that it didn't occur to us.
Speaker 5: Can they do it?
Speaker 2: The going back and is it equity or is it competentcy? And a lot of people say, oh, you're anti inclusion. No, I'm for who's ever the best guy walked up and said I can do that job. If his company is all whatever, I don't care. I don't care if it's they're waving their flag of look at me where the Jewish gay group?
Speaker 5: Fine, I don't care. Can you do the job?
Speaker 1: Can you fix it?
Speaker 2: And so again, the identity stops at the door once you go through and you have to actually do the job.
Speaker 1: Can you?
Speaker 2: And I think that that's one of the challenges we face. We get so caught up spending all this time making sure we get all that taken care of. These projects get waylaid because between the community here and between the state in between the feds, they all say you have to have ex percentage of this, EX percentage of that, EX percentage of this, without occurring that if we haven't helped these particular groups, like we got rid of vocational schools here, there's a thought, hey, let's help people that don't have a desire to go to college to actually have a vocation. Huh, there's hell naive. My brother went through a vocational school. He was a mechanic, he was phenomenal. You know what, if you'd have kept him in a four year high school, he'd.
Speaker 5: Never have achieved. No, Yeah, it's colleging for us.
Speaker 2: And I had a lot of friends went through vocational schools, God bless them, and there was a great thing. And now we're kind of like, well, yes, but little Johnny, little Susie's got to get that college degree so she can go out and be you know, she can get that great degree in political science and do what.
Speaker 5: Well, guess what, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't make fun of that degree. That's the one I got. But I knew I was going to go.
Speaker 2: I didn't go to I'm running for an office. And I didn't get a pulit science degree because you.
Speaker 1: Don't need one. Trust you don't got what And no, you don't if you're a fan of politics like I was, and you want to get a degree in your hobby like I did. But I know I was going to go to law school. See, I didn't expect my political science degree to be the source of revenue down the road. I expected my law degree would serve me well, and it did obviously shifted directions. But you know, there is a demand in certain areas for lawyers, but there's not just for political science degrees.
Speaker 5: So that's that's my whole thing.
Speaker 2: And when we get so caught into this that we're so worried about identity that we forgot of helping somebody actually make a living back to teach a man to fish. Yes, and so that's been what's slowing many of these projects up well.
Speaker 1: And the explanation point on slowing these things up is obviously, the more you kick the can down the road chasing what butterflies or whatever, more expensive the project gets. Inflation is a topic of conversational late and yes it does impact construction more with hones. Just give me a second here, because I'm going to steer you in the right direction by telling you to go to Foreign Exchange get your imported car fixed. Austin is the man, and he's got a great team of AC certified Master technicians at that Westchester location, which is the one I've always gone to. Outstanding service family like environment and fixing your car with a full warranty on parts and service and not costing nearly as much as the dealer saved all kinds of money taking the cars to Foreign Exchange, So you should do the same thing because they do have access to your manufacturers technical information, saying Brian, you don't even know what kind of car I drive. I know I've seen really exotic cars in there and have also well, my Honda. I've been self deprecating that Honda looks terrible. It's got one hundred and fifty thousand plus miles on it, but it still runs great thanks to Foreign Exchange. No need to get rid of it. Just keep it running and think about winter time. Get your car winnerise, have them check the battery, the tires, the fluid levels. Don't get stuck in the frozen tundra parking lot because you didn't have the battery checked out. They can do that for you. Also, make sure you know you have brakes, are in good shape.
Speaker 6: You know what it is.
Speaker 1: Just get ready for winter. You can do that at four in Exchange Foreign The letter X dot com is where you find them online. Tylersville exit off seventy five is to get to the Westchester location. Just go two streets each off of the on ramp to Tylersville or off ramp from seventy five, as the case may be. Hang a right on Kingland Drive and you're there. Five one three six four four twenty six twenty six, five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six.
Speaker 5: Fifty five The Talks Station.
Speaker 1: TI of the nine first one to wetherfcas sunny in sixty seven overnight clear forty two, Tomorrow sunny and seventy two for the homecoming game. The first guys every night forty four and on Sunday sunny skies with the highest seventy three thirty eight degrees.
Speaker 9: Right now traffic time from the UC HOW Traffic Center Mammogram Saved. Vives called five one three five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with you see Hews expert team. That's five one three five eight four pink. Northbound seventy five is crawling into downtown thanks to an accident above twelve Street, Covington, where only the left lane is open to get by. That tramping is backing up to turf Way over an hour delay and growing northbound two seventy five. They just cleared the accident at twenty eight in Milford, king Ramont fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five KRCD talk station Brian time of spending an entire hour in studio with Jonathan Pearson, running for Hampton County Commission endorsed by the Republican Party. And I thought, a very thoughtful man. I guess you were getting the impressed you've been listening to Jonathan speak over the hour, you know, being thoughtful by going through the various documents page by page, looking at more thoughtful solutions, say for the sewer project, maybe ignoring and avoiding the stupidity of woke politics. And let's just cut to the chase and hire bottom line competent, capable people to do the job. And that's a great idea. What interesting concept that content of character, not color of skin or who you sleep with? Can you do the job now? Jonathan, though, let's move over to the stadium. I'm sorry, but one point?
Speaker 8: Was it?
Speaker 1: Three billion?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's with a B.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, you know, Mike's got to have a nice luxury office now.
Speaker 1: One three hundred stacks of a million dollars.
Speaker 2: You know, I, as I tell people, I said, think about this, that's the budget for the county, the.
Speaker 1: Entire budget for the entire county for a full calendar year.
Speaker 2: So for one project, for one company that they make, that company makes money. Let's remember the NFL does revenue sharing unlike the Major League Baseball, So that means if you watch a San Diego game, the Bengals make money. Right, So not that San Diego is playing the Bengals. The Browns family is not standing at the free store. So the reality is that I tell people, think about this. You you take, you go home to your wife and you say, honey, we're going to spend the entire year's budget of everything we make on one project.
Speaker 5: How do you think that conversation is going to go with your wife?
Speaker 1: Well, particularly if the project is really what I would argue completely unnecessary question. Does the stadium currently function? Yes? Can you watch a football game there? Yes? Does it have all the amenities of every other stadium in the country. No, But you know what it never did? And how can you continue to compete with other cities when they keep adding on? Is it a necessary thing to try to compete with the city that hasn't even close to us? Why would you? I mean, Lord Almighty I look at like certain high school projects and what they've done at colleges, and they expanded to make it like a resort spat. Yeah, I didn't have any of that growing up. I went to school and I had classes in a trailer for God's sake, because they ran out of space. At Dhigh Junior High. You know, we didn't have air conditioning back in the old days. We had crappy locker rooms. And you know, I'm sure the Bengals if they had all they need is a locker to put their stuff in to change clothes and get out there on the field. Do they need a discothech locker room. Of course not, but there it is anyway. Well, I just I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I come from we homeschooled our girls, So I homeschooled my girls at home, and I use that example because all the new schools have to have these billion dollar schools, they have to have all the newest stuff, the whiteboards and everything. Well, my kids went to college being homeschooled, and somehow we lived on the premise that if you have four walls and a door, you can have a classroom. Well, the same simplicity in my brain, this isn't a hatred towards the Bengals. But here I'll use the P and G as an example. P ANDNG brings in more money than the Bengals because they don't play just ten times a year in this stadium. They play every day downtown and they have never been given one brick by the county. Now I'm not saying that, gee, we need to kick them out. What I'm saying is is this really the best use of our money? And I know a lot of people say we shouldn't ask that question because it's our beloved Bengals. I think that's been the problem in politics, is we get all caught with the shiny ring on the wall and we keep running around the carousel trying to grab it, and we forget to actually say, why are we trying to grab the brass ring?
Speaker 5: And I'm starting to question that. What's you know?
Speaker 2: Because La goes out and spends five and a half billion dollars to dig a hole next to their airport so they can put a stadium in the ground and hide it so the planes you don't notice the planes flying over it, and everyone goes We'll see they're spent five and a that's LA. I don't care what they do in LA. I don't care what they do in California. I care what we do in Hamilton County. And Hamilton County does not have that kind of money to throw at one company that had the wherewithal in money to buy out in cash the other half of the Bengals from Paul Sawyer. We forget that there was a lot of cash on the table that he actually bought the team outright. I God bless the Brown family for only Bengals. I have no issues with that whatsoever. And I actually don't even have an issue that the Brown family asked for us to do this, because you might as.
Speaker 5: Well ask what you know. You know, it's like all of us who are married.
Speaker 1: Remember though, Jonathan, the ask came along with either an out loud or at least implicit threat that if you don't get me what I want, I'm taking my team elsewhere. And that's not loyalty to me.
Speaker 2: And that's not loyalty to me and mine is that When again, back to P ANDNG, P and G wanted to put bricks in Broadway in front of their on Broadway, in front of their towers, and they offered to buy all the bricks, all the materials for the city, and the city said, we're not putting them down.
Speaker 5: We're just not. We pave it or we don't.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: And P and G said, fine, we'll do it. And the PNG paid out of their pocket to do a public street project. Well, let me think about which company has more in tune to saying I'm serving. They didn't threaten to leave. Oh, you're not giving me anything, so I'm gonna leave. We're gonna go move to some other We're gonna move to Mexico City. Well, I think Mexico City. I never even understood that. Has anybody actually mentioned in the odds of Americans being kidnapped or held for ransom? Let me think, let's put a millionaire family from America in Mexico City and see how safe without having a ridiculous security team to keep around them.
Speaker 1: Well, they are trying to expand the market share around the globe. Maybe they should have said the you know, Xingyang province in China is a possible.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just my whole thing is, you know, let's rethink this and actually ask the question without the fear and you know they've got to back down the rhetoric from their side.
Speaker 5: We have to actually up our ability to actually look.
Speaker 2: At this with open eyes, full transparency and say what's the real goal here.
Speaker 1: Adam Kaylor suggested, we need to get a cooperative a group of a whole group of people who are willing to put some money in to act as a potential buyer of the team, which I believe I'm some roadbox in the way of the Brown family threatening to leave. If there's another possible buyer, then apparently, somehow under the rules, that can't be done. I don't profess the note Jack.
Speaker 5: I don't know the the NFL rules on that.
Speaker 1: NFL rules right seven eight, But you five kres de talk station a few more minutes with Jonathan Pierson again, Hamilin Kender Republican Party dot organs where you'll find him in the online Colin Electric. You'll find them online at color In Electriccincinnati dot com. Outstanding electricians. They do great work and they are awesome at customer service. Price is always right, multiple reasons why they enjoy an A plus with a better business Vereau need outlets installed can lines, nob and tube wiring, upgrade aluminum wiring upgrade your media room. Maybe you're thinking about getting a media room. They've got awesome ideas for wiring in terms of like led lighting solutions, you know, hidden lighting, uh, background lighting in that kind of thing. I had the background lighting in the closets in our bedroom. So it's kind of like going to a department store where the closer lit backlit works great, it looks beautiful. So just a tach kind of project. Anything though, related to electric in your home color electric. The folks with the right connections ten year wiring warranty on everything they do for you. Five one three two two seven, Please tell Andrew Culling of the team. Brian said, Hi, five one three two two seven four one one two online again at Colin Electriccincinnati dot com, fifty.
Speaker 5: Five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: What's the quick weather here? Clear, let's see sunny in sixty seven today overnight clear and forty two, sonny in seventy two tomorrow, thur of a night forty four and Sunday on Sunday seventy three, thirty eight Right now traffic.
Speaker 5: Time from the UCL Tramthinks Center.
Speaker 9: Mammogram Saved Lives called five one three, five eight four pink dischedule your annual mammogram with the UCA Hell's expert team. That's five one, three, five eight four pink northbound seventy five. They moved the accident, doesn't before and twelfth Street out of the way, So traffik is starting to move a little bit better, but you're backed up into Florence and still over an hour delay into downtown sathbound seventy five, break lights through Lachland.
Speaker 5: There's a wreck.
Speaker 9: He's found one twenty nine before you get seven forty seven. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs even he talked station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty two, fifty five Krcity Talk station. I'm gonna give Jonathan a couple of minutes to do a closing statement here in a moment, but first let us catch ourselves a crime stopper, bad guy of the week, and today it's not a bad guy, it's a bad girl. She looks harmless. Officer Lisa Baker from the sincea police department, look at that innocent little face.
Speaker 14: Not so can be deceiving yaiving. We are looking for Nakisha Greer. She's been indicted on three counts of felony theft and for telecommunications fraud Nakeisha Greer. She's a black female. She's twenty seven years old. She's five foot two, one hundred and sixty five pounds. Prior rest history includes drug abuse and receiving stolen motor vehicle. Lasting on to live on South Wayne Avenue in Lachland.
Speaker 1: Well looks start deceiving anyway, moving aside, What are we gonna do if we know where we might how where she might be or a tip that might lead to an arrest.
Speaker 14: If you know where Nakeisha Greer is, give crime Stoppers a call five to one three three five two forty, or you can submit a tip online crime dash stoppers dot us.
Speaker 1: You can check AMUK shot out on my blog page fifty five Cassey dot com. You remain anonymous, you'll be eligible for a cash reward. Officer Baker, God bless you in the Sinsint Police Department. Keep up the great work and I have a wonderful weekend. All right, Jonathan, I'll give you the remaining couple of minutes we got here. Anything else you want to get out, I didn't if I didn't steer you in the right direction or get on a topic you want to talk about well, I think the easiest.
Speaker 2: You know, the whole reason that I look at what we can do in the county is, you know, let's look at this budget. See what we're wasting money on. See we're you know, not wasting money on. See what we need to be.
Speaker 5: Spending more prioritized.
Speaker 2: But since we can't affect the taxes directly in the commission office, we can affect the budget and then do the bully pulpit and talk about the taxes because once other businesses know we're serious about a good bucket budget in this county, they might be attracted. Well, there's a thought, let's bring businesses back. Guess what those businesses bring with them jobs, So back to the we can help the man fish forever. We also then get other companies. Look into that company that come in, they come in. These are residents now that start coming in. And suddenly, now our tax base is expanded to numbers. We can have a lower tax base but actually make more money for the county and the surrounding communities within the county, and we don't need to keep raising taxes or have these ridiculously false evaluations of homes.
Speaker 1: Well, if we had appropriately prioritized over the years and focused on the core that brings people in, which is infrastructure and safety. Infrastructure and safety, if you have a safe community with a good infrastructure, roads you can drive on, and not the multitude of potholes, et cetera, the seemingly absolute dysfunction on that. That creates an opportunity for people to consider and say, you know what, maybe I will be paying a little bit more taxes in Milmilton County compared to Claremont, but look at all that I'm going to get in return for that. I have solid roads, i have safe communities in Hamilton County. I'd rather have that.
Speaker 2: Then they have a good opportunity with Melissa Powers and Jim Neil, the excellent opportunity to make exactly that first point to save community with those two two candidates.
Speaker 5: They are excellent people.
Speaker 1: And if you are an elected commissioner, along with Adam Kayler, maybe a more thoughtful budget process, one that focuses on priorities seven to fifty five. Jonathan, You're always welcome here. Good luck in the race. I know we're fast approaching election day, but again, Jonathan Pearson, find him on the Hamilton Kindurrepublican Dot org page. Folks stick around after the top of the air news Stacey left and would like your vote for judge. We're talking to Stacy after the news. Then we're gonna hear from Brian Rensinger eight thirty with the book land Rich Cash Poor. I'll be right back to October.
Speaker 5: A threat to democracy is sounding on. He could have destroyed it in his first term.
Speaker 10: Buddy Daddy, fifty five KRC the talk station News gets me ready for the day at all day, involve and check in throughout the day.
Speaker 5: Fifty five krs B talk Station eight oh five five car c DE talk Station.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: Brian Thomas right here, Happy to welcome to the fifty five carsite Morning so you can find her online. Left in four Judge dot com right there in the Republican Party Recommended vote list, endorsed by the Republican Party and taking great comfort I am in the fact that she's also been endorsed by the Cincinnati Fraternal Order of Police, Tough on Crime running for Hamilton County Court of Appeals Judge first District. Stacy left and welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 15: Thank you, Brian, Good morning. I'm happy to be on the show. This morning.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a pleasure having you on, and I really hope that you get elected. We need some folks that are tough on crime. You are demonstrably so let me just point out to my listeners.
Speaker 4: I love this.
Speaker 1: I hate hate child abuse. I think that's probably the most horrific crime that can be committed, is abusing an innocent child who usually is very trusting of some adult. You deal with that all the time. You received the Outstanding Service Award from the Cincinnia Children's Hospital Mayorson Center in honor of Child Abuse Awareness Month. And also, and I love this award apparently from the Hamilt County Prosecutor's Office the kick Ass Prosecutor of the Year twenty twenty three award as well. Well done there in terms of looking out for children.
Speaker 15: Thank you. I got those awards last year because myself and my co counsel Ernest Lee and Rich Snider and had a case involving John and Kate Snyder, who are a couple from Springfield Township who adopted six children from China. They abused all their children, They even had a biological child. They had three biological children too, and one of them they abused as well, and of the six kids from China, one diet of natural causes the first, and then the rest of them they abused and one of them they actually killed. So last year, actually at this very time last year, were in a we were in this trial lasted six weeks and we got a conviction which was terrific. And now Kate Snyder's doing thirty one years to life and John Pyers doing twenty nine years to life for killing their son Adam and abusing their other children. And because of our work with Children's Hospital and this case, that's why we got those awards.
Speaker 11: I got those wars last year, and I'm very.
Speaker 6: Proud of that.
Speaker 1: Well I would be too. I mean, a demonstrably tough on crime and apparently you're in front of a judge that at least had the wherewithal of sentence into some serious time.
Speaker 15: Yes, we were very thankful for that. It was a hard fought battle. These people fought us tooth and nail. At one point, the couple even tried to sue the coroner's office to get the cause of death change because they wanted to they wanted to say Children's Hospital was at fault.
Speaker 11: It was a long heart.
Speaker 5: Hollard fought battle well.
Speaker 1: To my listeners, you might not understand the distinction. As a common please judge versus working in the appellate level. You're going to be dealing with both criminal and civil matters.
Speaker 15: Correct, correct, Criminal Civil. I will handle cases from municipal court, common please Court, the domestic Relations Court, and juvenile court. You here, it's a reviewing court. So anything any hearing that goes on in any of those courts, if someone wants to appeal it, it goes to our Court of Appeals.
Speaker 1: And why do you view the role of judge. I know we have activist judges, which I am not a fan of, and we have more traditionalist judges who review the facts and the case law and judge things accordingly based upon the law. They do not rewrite laws. If there are flaws or constitutional issues in connection with the law, it's identified and it's basically referred back to the legislative brands to do the fixing. That's the way things are supposed to work, at least in my mind. What's your perception.
Speaker 15: I feel like the reason why I am personally running for judge is we've had all these judges who go about they want to change the law. I am going to follow the law. I'm going to follow the constitution of the State of Ohio and the United States, and I.
Speaker 11: Don't I don't want.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 15: The reason why I ran is that that case that I got all those awards for, I was scared that it was going to go up to our Court of Appeals and be reversed. Oh and I didn't want to see that happen.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Oh no, no, no, I was just going to say, I mean, what possible grounds could it have been reversed if you didn't have an appropriate makeup on the appellate court.
Speaker 5: Well, prior to.
Speaker 15: My trial going forward last year, there was a trial murder case that went through that one of the judges up in common and please just decided to reverse it because he decided the jurors didn't make the right decision. And I don't know how he can make that determination. He didn't see the witnesses testify, right, He didn't get to go to the scene like the jurors got to do. He didn't get to hold the evidence in his hand. He didn't hear the tone of the voices of the witnesses who were testifying was a one dimensional item was a transcript. I know myself and the job that I do as a cross gear, which I've been doing for almost twenty years now. You know, we get interviews of time and we get him transcribed, and reading the transcript is a lot quicker than listening to him. But listening to him you seem body language, You see the tone in their voice, and that goes to their credibility. And if you don't watch those items, and if you just go from a one dimensional transcript, I don't know how you can determine that twelve people that witnessed all these people testify made the wrong decision.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have to have respect for the jurors. That's exactly what they're there for.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I was on a criminal well yeah, criminal trial. Guy pressed charges against guy. It was basically he said, she said kind of thing. But it came down to witness credibility. The guy that was loving the charges claimed he got assaulted and assaulted. And after hearing him speak and what his recitation and events were, and then hearing from the other guy, it was obvious who was lying. We all walked into the jury room. I said, is there anybody who here who doesn't have reasonable doubt. And everybody looked at me and said nope. I said, we're done. We deliberated like a minute. I mean, that's what the jury does. And how a judge could could overrule that and without seeing the witnesses or hearing them is beyond me. But isn't there a legal standard for the review of evidence on appellate level?
Speaker 15: Yes, there is, but they also you know, we have activists judges upstairs, and if they're they're kind of I want to say. When I first started working down here in two thousand and one, I worked for a judge and when the prosecutors came in the room, they were well respected by the court. We are not well respected by the court anymore. We walk into the courtroom and they are automatically think we've done something wrong, we haven't provided something without even knowing, and so we go up when our cases go upstairs, it's all we already have a mark against us before they even read anything. And a lot of those judges haven't been trial court prosecutors or attorneys. They've just been like one was a clerk over or a law clerk for one of the judges. They haven't tried cases. They haven't heard cases actually being tried. They just hear argument, So they have a different perspective than someone like myself who's spent twenty years in the courtroom.
Speaker 1: Over twenty years in the courtroom, right, Yeah, we seem to have a lot of that going on with the prosecutor's race right now here in Hamilton County. Allow me to interject Melissa Powers for Hamilton County Prosecute. We need to keep her in that role because she's tough on crime as well. Well, yes, I guess for those so many people just maybe either don't vote down ballot or they'll simply vote party ticket. And in connection with someone who's literally never tried a case or done nothing beyond being a legal a law clerk for someone else, how that person could get elected is really to me, having practiced law and been in courtrooms for sixteen years, you know that's really important. I could never cast a vote for someone with that little experience, especially on an appellate level. That's the problem with you know, the endorsement and us being in Hamilton County blue. If if she's on or he is on the blue ticket, some one will just vote because of that and nothing else.
Speaker 15: Right. We Actually I've been spending some time down at the Board of Elections at the polls. You know, now that early voting has started, people just I stand there. I will say that there are a lot more people coming over and wanting the pink sheet, which is fabulous and I'm thankful for that.
Speaker 3: But you're right, people do just go get the blue sheet.
Speaker 15: And they vote straight down that ticket, and they don't know who they're voting for. I think you need to ask people who are in the court system, not not like someone handing out a blue sheet.
Speaker 6: Call it.
Speaker 15: If you know people who practice law in the court system, ask them, get their recommendations.
Speaker 5: They'll know who to vote for.
Speaker 1: That's very important. I mean, well, right, it may be a little problematic. I know how little people care about politics generally speaking, and then to dive into an area where they have no experience and hopefully will have no experience ever the judicial system. You know, getting folks to ask questions on these downballot rates can be problematic, but you do. You are on the pink slip, are endorsed by the Republican Party, and I know for my listeners that probably will be enough. But I will encourage folks to go to Lufton for Judge dot com and check out your credentials as well. I mean, really a great background qualified to do the job.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 15: And on my website left and for Judge dot com there are I linked some of my cases that I've had in the past.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I had.
Speaker 15: You talked about my Snyder case. There was also I had a case last year as well, a man named Diland Hurt who was a known killer.
Speaker 1: He had killed a lot of people.
Speaker 15: They hadn't been able to have enough evidence to go forward on him. Last year we were able to try him and he is as he's doing life without the possibility of parole now because of his killing of one person and attempted murder on two others. Actually one of the other people. He's paralyzed for life. And that case was crazy. We tried it.
Speaker 2: It was a little over a week.
Speaker 15: He acted out in court. He punched his attorney. At one point. He had tried to have drugs smuggled in through pants because he peede himself during trial and he had to get a new set of pants, and his family brought pants in and there were drugs stown into it. I mean the things that I have seen in the past year, and the hard fought battles I had last year with these really bad people is what drove me to decide to run profit.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you are running, and I'm glad to have you on the program, and I will strongly encourage my listeners do some research. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, go ahead and trust the pink slip, as I have just got done saying people will just trust the blue slip and vote for the Democrat. You are voting for someone who is undoubtedly woke and someone who is not going to be tough on crime. If you do that. If you want traditional judge, you want someone who understands the practice. You want someone who is not going to try to rewrite laws or do something crazy like dismiss Jersey. Evaluation of the evidence and witness testimony. You know you're in the right hands with states left in here. Can I just point out one more thing about your background, because it took me way back. Your family owns Provident camera.
Speaker 15: Yes, my family owned Providence Came. That was my first job was working. I used to go down on Saturday mornings with my dad and I would help out in the store and for my work, I would get twenty dollars for the day, which I thought was very exciting when I was younger.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I used I'd love going in there. That was the best camera store around forever. And you know, it's just weird to see with digital photography the way things have changed. I'm sorry to take you down that road, but I had a little wisp of nostalgia when I saw that, because I had an olympus om one when I was in junior high school and I used to stare longingly at you know, telephoto lenses and auto winder stuff I could never have afforded, but it was always right there. It was drool candy for me when I was a young man. Anyway, Stacey left in vote for her appellate court. It's right there at lefton ll left on for Judge dot Com. I wish you all the best as we fast approached the election.
Speaker 15: Stacey, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: It's been my distinct pleasure Party one. You do the same man that wonderful weekend. H Petersbrier, Kelly ons Kelerwilliams. Seven Hill is the greatest real estate team around really since I he's number one real estate team. They'll give you a five star experience. You know, you have to have a real estate agent, whether it's a buyer agent or sellers agent, that brings true value. I mean that earns the commission that you'll work with them over there's new commission laws. They can talk all about it and it will injure to your benefit. This is going to benefit you because it's going to sift the week from the chaff and you get the wheat. When you're dealing with the Shabrie Group of Keller Williams Seven Hills, they have all kinds of ways to help you out, the knowledge and experience that only the finest real estate agents have, and the programs that nobody else is offering. Instant offer, love it or Leave it. One cracks me up. If they're your buyer's agent and you get into a house you buy and for whatever reason during the first year you just don't like it. They'll sell it for you for free because they're going to help you find the right house and they'll point out the pitfalls and or the positives that you might not be focusing on. Anyway. They're wonderful, wonderful folks. I know Peter Well, and I know most of his team. You're in the best possible hands. Seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com. Of course that's the phone number. It's five one three seven zero eight three thousand, fifty five KRC the talk station nine first one to other volcast sunny skies today with the highest sixty seven. It's got to be clear of a ninth going down to forty two. Homecoming tomorrow, Go University of Cincinnati sunny day and the highest seventy two overnight, clear forty four sunny on Sunday to the highest forty high seventy three. Rather right now, it's forty time for traffic Chuck.
Speaker 9: From the UCUT Trampion Center Mammogram saved Vibes called five one three five eight four paint to schedule your annual mammogram.
Speaker 5: With U see helsax pirteen. That's five one three five eight four paint.
Speaker 9: Northbound seventy five continues to run an extra fifteen minutes out of Erlanger into downtown East found two seventy five. That's over a twenty minute delay due to police activity with the left lane block near the Double A Highway northbound two seventy five. They cleared the wreck before twenty eight and Milford Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRSC the talk Station.
Speaker 1: A twenty nine cod of eight thirty fifty five KRCD Talk Station. I'm very happy Friday to you, and I'm pleased to welcome to the fifty five krc Morning Show. Author of his first book, which we're talking about today, Land Rich, Cash Poor, My Family's Hope and the Untold History of the Disappearing American Farmer, author Brian Reisinger. But he's more than an author. He's got a background that's rather impressed. Who grew up on a family farm in Salt County, Wisconsin. And of course this is what the book is premised on. Columnists consultant. He's worked with his father from the time he could walk and before entering the world of business, journalism and public policy. If you see where he has been published, if I had read the list off of all the outlets like Usay Today and Yahoo News and the newspapers, that would spend the entire time up with that. But he's well published, and again his first book, Welcome to the Morning Show. It's a real pleasure to have you on today, Brian Reisinger.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, Thanks for having me. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your background, so I do come from a farming background, not me. I did not farm, but I laid witness to I have uncles that had farms on my father's side of the family, and my wife is the daughter of a dairy farmer from a little town called Avella, Pennsylvania. He's departed, but he worked his butt off, and I bet you have some understanding of what kind of work it takes to run a dairy farm.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Truely, those are some good roots you've got. I appreciate hearing about that. You know, it is a beautiful way of life. It's a difficult way of life, and we take it all as it comes.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: The best example I have, we talk about this in the book. My dad was inducted in the family business at the tender age of eight. Yeah, when my grandpa is climbing on a corn crib and slipped off till thirty feet and broke his back on the frozen ground. And my grandpa ultimately got back up on his feet. But my dad started doing the work of a man at eight years old, and he loved it. He loved the calves and the clean country air when he was a kid, and he had never stopped. In fact, I was talking him this morning. He's getting ready to harvest corn a little bit later today. And you know, it just shows what farm families go through, the kind of resilience they have, and the difficulty of life, but the beauty of the way of life, because it gets down in your blood and your bones and you come.
Speaker 1: To love it too well. And if you didn't have that childhood experience, I can't imagine a young person these days grows up in the comfortable suburbs playing video games all day ever entering the world of farming and taking on that commitment because once they you know, stare the real, legitimate hard work that you have to do literally every day in the face, recognizing that if you don't do the hard work, you're going to starve. Uh, No one's going to go down that road. This is a generation after generation matter of pride more than an economic boon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're absolutely right. I mean it has such a big impact on so many issues in our country. You know, our food prices, our food availability, but it's also part of who we are are in such a big way. I'm grateful to have grown up there. And you're right, it's so difficult and there's a lot of hard work. You work and sun up to sun down. You learn a lot of good values along the way, and you also get a lot of incredible experiences, you know. I remember gettingup at odd hours when there was a cow who was having a hard time delivering her calf and labor, and my dad had take us down to the barn and he'd helped deliver the calf. We watch it take its first breaths.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 3: Things like that, you learn about the circle life, the value hard.
Speaker 1: Work, and other things you know, and that's interesting, And I keep thinking again of my father in law. I had more experience seeing what he had to do day in and day out. And I've heard so many stories from my wife over the years, that sense of community, especially in a little tiny community like of Bello, Pennsylvania, which no one's ever heard of. You know, he slaughtered a cow. It was tough economic times, I think it was back in the seventies or maybe even earlier than that. But he was a family that needed some help and her dad was happy to help out and give them some of the meat from the slaughtered cow. That sense the community really really is steeped into the equation, and I think that's a real blessing, and that's something a lot of people don't have in their life. But it's a character building thing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: My wife can tell the same story as you about Listen. If you're old enough to pick up something and help out in some way, you're going to be working at that age, and she worked from you all the time you're sitting around there's nothing to do. No on a farm, there's always something to do, and kids participating that from as soon as they can, just like you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, you are so right. You know. It reminds me of a story of my family back in the late nineteen seventies early nineteen eighties as we were headed toward what was called the farm crisis, where tens of thousands of farms got wiped out all over the Midwest, my home state, as well as where you guys are, and in all over the country too. And what happened is the year my parents were married, nineteen seventy six, they actually had faced a drought and we had dry conditions or wipe out our crops, and they had local neighbors who let them pick up, you know, loose hay off their barn. There was an old man nearby who told my dad, Hey, if you do the harvest for me, I'm too old to do the work. If you do the harvest for me, we can go have so you can have half my hay crop. And it's what got them to the winter. It kept them from taking out a whole bunch of debt before the farm crisis, which is an era when debt drove all kinds of farms under. And that is something you see over and over where that unique farmland spirit. That's that blend of being willing to come run when a neighbor's in need. And also the individualism it takes the bigger living out of the dirt. It's both those things and it's something that slips away in this country as our farms disappear. Unfortunately.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know, when I was a younger person, you know, more of a kill mall that God sorted out, kind of a conservative. Now I find myself to being the little libertarian category. And of course, before I married my wife and was introduced more intimately with the realities of farming. I always was one of the guys would say, well, what corporate farms. You know, there's Mellencamp out there doing farm aid. If they can't survive corporate farms, Well they're bigger, they're more efficient, they're backed by big money. Isn't that the direction to go? But there's something that you said about preserving the family farm, you know there is.
Speaker 3: And here's the way I look at it too. I mean, I think it's important to understand economics. Those farms, to your point, they got bigger, trying to make it, trying to survive, and there's things all across our entire economy that are driving that. And the issue is in our country's history. And we found this as we looked at the book, because we've hidden airs of history driven the disappearance of these farms with my family story, and as I examine what was going on, we found that time after time, there's ways that our government as well as other things, really stack the deck against small farms. And so it's not that family farms are saying, hey, we need, you know, super special treatment or anything like that. What family farms are saying is hey, we want a fair shot. And there's ways that family farm has been stamped out over the decades, one way or another for years and years and years. So you know, some of those bigger farms, they got bigger needing to make it, find ways to be more efficient, and you know, they've got a role that they play, and a lot of these family farms, a lot of these smaller farms, you know, they've got the ability to play a role too, and they're as efficient as competitive. They just aren't as big and don't have that scale, but there's a role they can play, you know, whether it's in a niche of our food economy or what have you. Those are the things that I'm exploring, is how we have farms of all kinds being able to find a way for because if family farms get a fair shot, they can do that well.
Speaker 1: And I get a sense that, you know, a lot of people, I don't know whether it's a majority, and that doesn't matter, but a sufficient number of people appreciate everything you are talking about and talk about in the book Langridge Cash Poor. But this goes along with this push to buy local. You see it all over the place. We try to locally source ingredients. That really translates to we're buying from local small farms and businesses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're so right, And we are at a time in our country where people care more than ever about where their food comes from. And I think that's an opportunity. You know, we've lost forty five thousand farms per year on average for the past century. That's a devastating amount of us seventy percent of our farms. But we still have a lot of farms left in this country. People are amazed to hear that eighty eight percent of them are small farms. And what we need to do is figure out a way to make those farms go from being supplemental income to full time income. Because Lobby's families, the way they can hold on their farms is they work multiple jobs. You know, they're working construction sites, of pulling factors, just porn concrete, and working upon How do we find a way to have these farms be growing entrepreneurial ventures again they can be full time income for these families. Well, one of the ways is everybody caring about where their food comes from and taking steps to buy from local and regional food sources and support their farmers with new economic opportunity.
Speaker 1: Absolutely right, and I just have to ask you because it seems to me the EPA, the federal government is literally everywhere. Is there a risk or is there are there threats posed by the regulatory oversight that seems to be more and more intrusive in our world, and that I presume a small farmer would have a much larger struggle complying with Are you do small farmers feel that intrusion or haven't they got there yet?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I figured it was yes, go ahead and explain.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean those things create such cost Here. Here's the thing about our whether it's our regulations or our farm programs with the substitution or whatever. The issue is, there are people on the right, the left, outside farming, inside fruming have something that they I don't like about it. We have so many things we got to change. One of the issues that we face is that regulatory burden. It creates expenses, it creates costs, It makes it more difficult to trying new types of business. All these things, and they're designed to go after the big farms. But the issue is not only those big farms. Trying to figure out a vag can handle the costs you get the small farms that have to face similar regulations, and it really is something that they're not in a position to be able to afford. And so in many cases, a lot of these regulations end up hurting some of the very farms that some of these folks say that they would support as well, which is an irony of unintended consequences of government.
Speaker 1: No question about it. And Lord, don't we live with that reality every single day. The name of the book Landridge cash Board, My Family's Hope and the Untold History of the Disappearing American Farmer. But my guest today Brian Reisinger. Brian, you still own the family farm.
Speaker 3: Hey, I appreciate you asking. My dad owns a farm and my sister's we're going to take it over. She has a little more talent for cattle and crops than I do, so while I work to tell our stories in my career off the farm, she's working to take it over. But they do still throw me in a tracker in my days off and I help on on the business side. So it's a family venture, on and on to each generation.
Speaker 1: Well that's great. I don't know where she got it, probably definitely one hundred percent for my wife, my daughter, it's not we call it the farm, but she and her boyfriend hopefully soon to be fiance then husband, Eric, got five and a half acres, They got a farm tracker, they had a successful year growing vegetables and crops, and they're on their way to almost Eric's building a chicken coop right now, so it'll soon be a really tiny family farm, but a farm nonetheless, and we are just enjoying the hell out of them making progress and being so proud of what they're trying to accomplish. So there's a little bit of genetics in there and I think's helping them out. Brian, it's been a real pleasure. But your book is on my blog page fifty five Carosee dot com, so my list isn't no right where to go to get a copy of land Ridge Cash Poor. Great conversation, Brian, uplifting and I wish you all the best and hopefully so lot of books. I think it's a very interesting and important subject.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you so much. I hope people go on there and find it on your page. It's also available on Amazon anywhere. If people buy books online or at bookstores, they have it or they can order it for you, and I just hope we can keep conversation going on these issues.
Speaker 1: So I appreciate your time exactly. I will too. Take care man, have a wonderful weekend. It's coming up in e forty one to fifty five KRC the talk station
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC, hey Bo