Speaker 1: John Good morning, buddy, how are you.
Speaker 2: Good morning. I'm doing well. And uh, it's a lot of pressure, put a lot of pressure on the polster. We just take the balls to report it.
Speaker 3: No, you're the best, and all your clients Mike Lawler, BB nuts and yow.
Speaker 1: President Trump thrown on my show. All your clients.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've told the President I wrote his coattails as as I see. As long as President Trump is there in office and we've won, you can say all the nice things about me that you want a lot.
Speaker 3: And do you think and I know you don't want to put words in the President's mouth, I want to ask you to do it anyway, Okay, but that's fine. Do you think President Trump was happy or unhappy with JD.
Speaker 1: Vans yesterday? Just your opinion.
Speaker 2: You know, I haven't heard from about it, but I think the President's focused on winning the war. And I ran and uh, you know he's he's trying to do this, he's trying to negotiate with terrorists. And you know, you hear these other people talk about moderate terrorists. There's no such thing. It's an oxy moron. And you know he's I'm sure, I'm sure he's trying to do this peacefully. But he's got two goals. One is stopping Iran from getting nuclear weapons. And by the way, in our last jum poll, seventy six percent of all Americans approved of that and when and about also stopping Iran from funding international terrorism, and seventy five percent of all Americans support that. So he's got these big two objectives that he's trying to accomplish, and the problem is the Iranians don't want to do that, so they want to they keep firing on our ships and they keep, you know, they want to close the straight over moves and they keep, you know, it's just right now. They can't. They don't have the power to attack Israel. But these guys, we've done poles in the United States and in America where six out of ten Americans and six out of ten Israelis think that if Iran had nuclear missiles, they would shoot them at the United States, in Iran Israel and it's and they you know, they would, And that's what they're proving because they have lob missiles. You've been in Israel, I've been there, missiles into Israel, and Americans would never tolerate this thing. Never come on all night in bomb shelters because of these terrorists, and whether it's rockets from his bowler or whether it's missiles straight from Iran. You know, Israel's that strongest ally in the Middle East, and they're the only democracy there, and uh, you know that everybody around them wants to wipe them out.
Speaker 1: So it's what do you think, though, John?
Speaker 3: You know, the anti Semites, anti Zionist, anti Israel, whatever.
Speaker 1: You want to call them, they're so loud, right, They're so loud.
Speaker 3: They got their podcasts, and you got a lot of politicians, specifically on the left that yell and scream this. But when I talked to smart people like you, smart people, they go sid, Sid, Trust me, this country is still maybe even overwhelmingly, but at the risk of argument, this country is still pro Israel, pro Jewish. Were not a bunch of anti Semites.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Well, I think I think there is anti Semitism is rising, and I think that you know, the President may speak about this tonight. There are foreign pallors or influences that try to influence our elections because our strength is our democracy and freedom of speech, and people try to turn that against us. But there's a lot of there's a lot of internet chatter trying to affect the Trump base saying that, you know, Thomas Massey when you talked about him, Thomas Massey, we did the polling for the for the President's allies to you know, knock him off in the primary, and we did because he was voting against President Trump on everything from tax cuts whenever the Republicans need to vote, he was never there, and securing the border, he wasn't there. And he, you know, the night he loses, he's talking about Tel Aviv and stuff. He's there's this anti semitism out they that's on the rise. We see it where in New York is. I got friends who tell me they can't wear gamachas and they should do that.
Speaker 1: They should leave it on.
Speaker 2: But still it's it's it's a reality. And you know, I mean, you know, I'm helping Bruce Blakeman run for governor and anti Semitism is a real problem. And Bruce is doing very well with the voters, and particularly with Jewish voters. But when you look at the United States, Donald Trump's face is rock solid. We had in his list in that same pole I mentioned he had a fifty percent approval rating, and he had a forty six disapprove. The Republicans, it's eighty eight to ten. Conservatives, it's seventy nine to seventeen. And that's the point about look at these primaries. Virtually everyone he endorses wins because he's reshaped the Republican Party into a movement that's this make America First movement that is is is really solid, and they support him because they know his objectives are right, keeping America strong, keeping America prosperous, reducing inflation, helping us with the cost of living, securing the borders. And he's a businessman. He keeps his promises. He's not He's not a politician who just reads the polls and asks what do I need to do? I mean, he goes and he decides on I'm gonna have no tax on tips, and then we have to pull it right, find out if it's popular, which was it.
Speaker 1: Was very popular.
Speaker 3: John McGowan's you mentioned Bruce Blakeman. My son is actually working for Bruce D. Boor for gab Rosenberg. And he loves him, and I love him, and you know, he keeps saying the same thing I said to Bruce. Last week, John I said, Bruce, is there an undue amount of pressure on you? Because you hear this every day, even I've said it, new.
Speaker 1: York is done.
Speaker 3: If you don't win, you are the only person I can save New York, between Mom, Donnie and hokel And he was honest, he said, Sid, you know what, it is a lot of pressure, but but if somebody's got to do it, I want to be the guy to do it. So the last week saw those polls went from he went from twenty seven down to I believe six down six? Is that what your most recent poll says, Well, that was.
Speaker 2: A published Paul. We haven't. I haven't done it to stay. Why Paul for Bruce since March? Because he's raising money right now, two million resources. I see pauls from around the state all the time, and he's winning in upstate districts on the island, he's winning really well. And but for the Republicans, I mean, he's the only thing going on to help like our candidates for Congress and other offices. Because because the candidates for Congress behind him are doing well, and Hulko and Democrats know it, and they're going off on this this crazy big government socialist march where if Bruce doesn't win, it's really bad for those of us who decide to stay and live in New York. And you know, will fate's future taxes. The city's in the deficit for billions, the states in the deficit for billions.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: People, you know, everybody talks about people leaving. Bruce is worried about the people that are staying because their kids are here, their grandkids are here, their businesses are here. I mean, you know when they told them out those millionaires who left New York and that course ten billion dollars in revenue, most of those are small business owners. When they leave New York, they take their jobs with them, so you know, they're subchepter escorps. They pay, they pay the taxes that and you know, for New York State, this election, Mandami gets whatever he wants for Governor hokeel And and if he you know, he wants to raise property taxes in New York City, he wants the state to raise income in corporate taxes. I mean, if Bruce doesn't win, but we're gonna, yeah, we're gonna let alone crime. They're gonna shut right this island and you know, so, so Bruce is running because he knows he has to win and he really wants to. You know, he wants to do it for New York. He loves New York. I mean, you know, he's he's doing a great job in National County. But he didn't have to run for this, and it's a difficult race. The fundraising probably is the hardest part because you know, you got Hkell tried not to give him the matching funds, which was legal and deserved. You've got the you got her trying to you know, threaten dollars et cetera, where they whether she doesn't. Because if Bruce gets money, the people that know them both equally, when they see them both, if Bruce's favorables rise, they vote for Bruce. They'd rather see him as governor than huh.
Speaker 3: All right, about two minutes ago, I'm talking about JD. Evans all morning, I want Marco Rubio. But the people I speak to, big time people, Okay, They're like, it ain't gonna happen. Trump is going to endorse JD. And Rubio is not even going to run. So are you doing polls leading up to the next presidential election that include Rubio with Vans or you're you leaving Rubio out.
Speaker 2: Well, just for the record, my brother Jim and I were focused on November three. We've got to have our candidates succeed this November because if we don't win, these big government socialists that get elected to Congress and other offices from the Democrats, they will be the tail wagging the dog. So we're focused on that. But in the meantime, we do on our website, I'm a Glachlan online dot com, we publish a national poll like every month of you know, who's leading for among Republicans and Democrats. And among the Democrats you got Kamala Harris at twenty six percent, Newsom at sixteen, AOC at nine, and who to j edged eight, so you know, but and then for the Republicans, we've got JD at thirty five and Marco at fifteen and Don Trump Junior fourteen. So it's so it's like there's a lot going to happen based on November fourth, based on November third, that's fair, yeah, and it will probably be a free for all. But you know what, let's get through November third, where we can hold the House. We can we can hold the Senate and then at the same time, you know, we got to get guys like Michaelawla reelected. We got to get we wanted. We want to win the seats in Long Island. Uh, you know in Nassau County, the third and the fourth I mean Janine Driscoll and Michael petri A running. We've got really important elections to focus on between now November third November fourth, you know, it'll be a free for all.
Speaker 3: Right, then we'll talk about the president right mayor's race. So then I'm gonna put you got to put your balls on the line. Yeah McLaughlin, what you don't mind doing. That's why we love you. I know. Do you think honestly, I know you're working hard. Okay, Do you think honestly that I'll be in a good mood on November fourth? Uh?
Speaker 2: They I think you will be. You know, because the convention that's coming up in Dallas, we are going to show not only how successful the Republicans have been, you know, in securing the border, growing the economy, reducing inflation, etc. We are going to show the contrast between the big government socialists and the Republicans because now it's not going to be an election where it's just a referendum on Trump and the Republicans, and Donald Trump's not on the ballot, but we have to get the seventy seven million people that voted for him, where we won the popular vote, swept the battleground states. We've got to get them out again. And uh, we've got to fire them up, because if we don't get them out, you will have all the Democrats who voted for the fortraitwillion dollar tax incriests. They're gonna they're gonna raise taxes like crazy. They're going to they're going to open the borders. They don't want voter IDs, they don't want proof of citizenship. Elections will be meaningless. Uh so we've we've there's big stakes in it, and it should be a contrast election. You know you want Shelley A if she's gonna be the tail wig in the door.
Speaker 1: I know, I know if she's animos, he's cross.
Speaker 2: Those big governments. Medicare for All, that's government controlled healthcare. They I mean, you will pay. California thought about doing it, they said we can't afford it, so we won't do it. But you'll have to wait for your doctors. Your doctors will be government employees. We'll go back to that where we're arguing, you know what they're doing in terms of and and then they'll be paying people not to work. Right now you have workfare and they're saying, oh, you're dropping people from the role.
Speaker 1: It'll be a disaster.
Speaker 3: There's no question, Johnny, I got a run, I got Larry Trump, Bill O'Reilly and Klay Travis about to come up. But is always a well of information. Excellent segment. I love you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You bring out the best in people. So thank you said.
Speaker 3: You said it to me yesterday you actually did say it on the Thank you John.
Speaker 1: I owe you one. I owe you one.
Speaker 3: John McLaughlin right there, the best, him and his brother Jim, the best pollsters. I mean this anywhere in the world. They've got Lawyer, they've got bb they've got Bruce, they've got Trump.
Speaker 1: The great John McLaughlin.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to Sit in Friends in the Morning. You can hear Sit and Friends in the Morning weekday mornings at six. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcasts platforms. Plus follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 1: What the heck is going on here