Speaker 1: Calling a b as y'all, can I get a man for calling?
Speaker 2: Oh be Welcome back, everybody. I'm your host DJ on a super exciting night here because we're gonna be talking about something totally new that we have not talked about on CAB before. And you know what I'm talking about because one of my homies introduced me to this topic. And we're talking about my man just en route and what happened to him when he got shot down with thirty plus bullets by BP d O DOUBLEG. So we're gonna we're gonna get into it, and we have some special people here tonight to talk to about this. We have a star of the Halloween party and we have her friend, a victim advocate, so that that was the victim, you know herself really because it was it was her brother and that of course is Jen. So without further, so it's a serious topic. You know how we enter on Cab, we gotta intro everybody and show them as much love as we feel, because there's nothing fake about that, you know what I'm saying. So all right, without further, let's put it together. Yeah, and no, even before you put your hands together, let me just describe this all right. So you you know, you head up to Massachusetts and you you go to the Turtle Boy party and you really don't know anybody, and a lot of these people know each other and they recognize each other and then someone comes and says hello and shakes your hand and kind of like introduce you around. So while I was there, I met a lot of stars, you know, I mean stars that are at these standouts that are going and tweeting and bringing all these justic topics that Turtle Boys started. They're they're they're keeping it going and keeping that inertia and that momentum going. And so there's a lot of stars there. But the biggest star that I met is this young lady right here. We're talking about be a.
Speaker 3: Dance put your hands together for Beatreans?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 2: Can I get him for Beatrice? Please? Yeah? Sorry, I had to do it to you, home girl.
Speaker 5: It's all good, all right?
Speaker 2: Uh? And so you know, you you you've been doing this, you know you've you've met this young lady. How did you meet Jen? How did this come about?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: I men Jene at a Karen Read standout. She was I was, you know, I showed up with my sign ready to show some support, and this really nice person named Jen was there with her sign that said they can't investigate themselves. And she was very welcoming and she told me she you know, she said, have you heard about Justin route? And I said, I mean, like, I feel like I vaguely remembered the situation. But she opened up her heart to me and told me everything, and it was very touching and it.
Speaker 4: Was very moving.
Speaker 2: Obviously I could tell, like, uh, it's pretty obvious to me how moved you are by Jen Justin in his story. It's apparent to me because you are like, we gonna make this episode happen, like post haste djor like yeah, okay, you got it. Man, it's got me a new program director. So no and uh and then you gave me Jen's information and we began to text and then voicemail and all that kind of stuff. Of course I try to call it. She be like, man, who is this bald ass call me? But anyway, alright, so we're gonna we're gonna get into it. So Jen, I've listened to her, and one of the things that you figure out is she's rather, let's say, on point, she knows what's going on. She's analyzed everything that's happened down to uh the nth degree. And I will tell you that if you are on the other side of this lady.
Speaker 6: You ain't gonna get nothing past her. I can guarantee that that is folk. You know, I'm talking about to put your hands together.
Speaker 2: But justin root, sister yet, can I get up?
Speaker 4: Amen?
Speaker 2: Welcome And this is the kind of clapping I did when you guys weren't even on air when she just came on the screen. So welcome, man, it's great. It's an honor to have you here, that you would share your story with us. We will get serious now. We do sort of kind of think of like an electrical sign wave, you know, alternating current goes up and down beaches, Like yeah, man, I'm an electrical engineering shut up. But anyway, so so yeah, so we do. You know, we do joke around a little bit, but we realize that these are extreme. Hey, and there's my COEs for this weekend. Brid happens. What's up? Home girl, Tima is in the house, Tricia, my Justice.
Speaker 4: Sistan, my Justice peeps. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody, Welcome everybody, and my homeye Reality Check is like, you know, like what happens here? You know what what happened? You know? So I want to start off with I'll take the first question. Then we'll let we'll alternate and we'll get my my co host Beatrice in here. What do you What was the relationship between you and Justin? How many years differences there between you? What was your relationship?
Speaker 4: Like, I'm so Justin was my younger brother. We did have a half brother, we never grew up with him, So Justin was my younger brother. But as he got older, right he became like six one or so or six two, I used to be like, you're my little big brother because he would give me the biggest bear cubs, you know what I mean. I'm like, all right, but this is my little brother. You're always gonna be my little brother. So we up together in Jamaica plane and in Brookline. We spent a lot of years in Brookline, So where he was killed, we actually used to run through that parking lot to movie theater together. So to know that that's where he took his last breaths is pretty like surreal. It's a surreal thing. Yeah. So anyway, we were close and I was like his protector, and I really took on the rule of like, you know, taking care of him and bringing him to my friend's birthday parties, going home after school because I needed to, you know, someone needed to be there. And so anyway, now i'm his, uh, you know, person on this side to help raise awareness and wake people up.
Speaker 2: As you were into it. I'm sorry, I did I mean interrupt? Man, Please continue, No, you go ahead. As you were as you got older, you know, what was your relationship like as you got older?
Speaker 4: So you know, I had kids, so you know, he didn't have kids, so it got a little different. But we spent holidays together. We were always texting with each other, and we would see each other and I obviously you know, it was his birthday. Holidays, he would come over and play ping pong with my boys, and he would always be that person if he needed stuff moved, he was your guy. I needed to go to the airport and drop her whole family off. I mean, my kids were like, who's taking us to the airport now? And you know, he was just always there for those types of things.
Speaker 2: Awesome and he Yeah, I listened to the video you sent me, and very heartfelt very thoughtful kind of a guy. Let me let let me let my homegirl get in here and be Atrice my closed. See if you're not ready and I can keep going.
Speaker 5: Man, you're just warming up here.
Speaker 2: Man's announce.
Speaker 4: Let's announce the exciting, the exciting.
Speaker 5: News, the exciting news. So two weeks from today, Wednesday, November thirteenth, we're going to have a standout at DA Michael Morrissey's office. This is you know, a collaboration with Sander Birchmore Free, Karen reid Enriquel Gardo Garcia and of course justin Route. So we're very excited to come together and you know, get out there and show show some love.
Speaker 4: Show some unity, show solidarity that we're all not going anywhere, and we just we see the group getting larger and larger and larger. For anybody who's like listening and watching right now and you're in Massachusetts, we are so welcoming. I mean I have met the most awesome people and so it's just come up to one of us. We're happy to be like, hey, what's your name and start introducing you to people, and you know there's a real community.
Speaker 2: I can second that that motion not only did I go to school in Massachusetts at the amazing Dean College, but coming back there and then going to this event where I didn't know anybody and like everybody was quite welcoming, you know. I mean, like I said, there's a lot of The biggest star was Beatrice, but she wasn't the only star. There's other stars there. Turtle Boy was there too. So but let's say a couple of people in the chat and we want to make sure we acknowledge the homies, so SDS I can.
Speaker 4: Say everyone, it's two weeks from today. So it's November thirteenth, from two pm to five pm at Michael Morrissey's office, which is Shawma. I think it's forty five, Shama wrote in Canton and.
Speaker 2: So figure.
Speaker 4: And you know what, there'll be lots of extra signs and we are definitely producing a lot of signs that have everyone's picture on it. But I would just say come.
Speaker 2: On down, meatball morrisey, make sure you bring your Italian bread and just so it's a little low carb, kind of pull out the center before you load the meatballs in there. But we got a couple of people for Sunday's roundtable that are here Jason is here. Good evening, Jason. It's first time we've had him in the chat. He and I just met and honored that he's going to come on. ST's here. Who introduced actually Beatrice introduced me to SD Tima. Do you know her? All right? Cool? Is that him or her? Him?
Speaker 4: Tim? Yeah? Tim, I actually drove my dad home from the stand up that we had a couple of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, welcome Tim. I. I don't know if you've been here, but one says Karen has court on AM that day for dad's phone records. Oh, that would be dope man. Yeah and yeah. So they're basically they're going to be you know, speaking of somebody really who could connect with the Garcias, the Delgatto Garcia family. I think that would be Beatrice, uh, because it doesn't seem like, you know what I mean, like, boy, do they need somebody to help them out because they're just not I feel so bad they're not getting enough traction on their case, much like you know, Justin's case. With that, my friend, could you briefly go through just the the overarching elements of what happened and then we're kind of kind of dig into where things were right and where things went wrong, and then we're going to sort of culminate with where we can go from here. So let's let's start with kind of what happened, if you would.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I'll just give kind of more of an overview, won't get too into details, but this, you know, if I only had three minutes to tell you what was going on, that's that's kind of where I'm going to go with this. Justin suffered from mental illness and he was down amongst four other mental health facilities right there, and one of them, which is mass Mental Health, where he went. He had a conversation with a security guard from Brigham which ended with, you know, them shaking hands. My brother put out his hand and they shook hands. My brother never had threatened that officer, never had taken out his clear plastic pink ball gun which is ginormous with a chimney on it. So that security guard made some calls, didn't say some things, or you know, he added some things. Let's just say that it wasn't communicated the way that it should have been and things that he should have been set. So the Boston police arrived, this one officer just went right up to Justin and anyway, he had his gun out, and then Justin took out his clear plastic paintball gun. He yelled on with law enforcement. I'm with law enforcement. This particular officer. I always liked to just stress that he was even working a detailed at rigam of the night before, he does tons of details in that area. He's very he should know the people who walk around that area. So Justin ended up getting shot. There was about fifteen bullet shot down there. He limped to his car, drove away slowly. One officer on Huntington NAV decided to do a pit maneuver where it's you take your car and you smash it. So yeah, he then just took off from there. Meanwhile, he's bleeding out, so he bled out about two thousand se seeds of blood in his car. So he went down Route nine. They chased him. He crashed at a high speed. Wheels came off his car. He then kind of fell out of his car. I was holding his chest because when you lose that much blood you can go into cardiac arrest. That he was clutching his chest and then he collapsed on the sidewalk. And meanwhile there happened to be an EMT train certified woman in her car who was waiting. She was waiting for her own doctor's appointment there. She saw this and saw him, and when he got up again, she was running towards him, and he went into the mulch area and dropped and she was then right at his side. So she has a lot of details of just the horrific condition that he was in and that he was saturated with blood, like she was looking for a stick to open his jacket. Wow, totally completely out of it, eyes rolling in the back of his head, gurgling. You not good. So she was confused because she's like, wait, I thought this was an accident. I don't think it was a heart attack, and now it was all his blood. But while that was all happening, and this all happened very fast, all these officers started running with their guns. They told her to run. She ran, and one officer kicked them and then from pretty much being almost on top of him, it looks like and appears pictures, and I would say that they're probably right because it's a very small mult area. They unloaded thirty one bullets and afterwards that same officer from Boston who was the closest to him in Brookline. He said, I killed the mother f and I emptied my magazine on him. He also lied about his body worn camera, and there's footage of him taking it off and throwing it into his cruiser. And he also had someone else's department issue firearm. There's just a lot, you know. Anyway, that's the gist of.
Speaker 2: The gist of what happened.
Speaker 4: Of what happened.
Speaker 2: I wanted to mention to the people in the chat, what are you going to do is I'm going to star your chats and then we're, uh, we're going to get to them and let's actually, you know, let me see if we can get to them now. So then there, because people are here, I don't want to wait.
Speaker 4: You know. What I forgot to say is that he had nothing in his hands when he was shot. And we know that because he had four shots to his right hand, one of which that went through, okay.
Speaker 2: And that would that would be the indication, that would have been the indication that he's not a threat at that point. So that's all I mean.
Speaker 4: If you're covered in blood and you're on the ground and this woman is literally at his side and she's not afraid. You can't be, you know, offices with guns and tell me that you're afraid, because that's zero sense. And the other part is obviously, I think not obviously. The Norfolk District Attorney Office Michael Morrissey concluded their investigation in thirty days. A lot of the same exact investigators who are in the officer John O'Keefe's case and also Sander Birchmoorre's case, you name it, Proctor Fanning, Buchanick, they're all they're all in it. Okay. So you know what I have issue with is they're holy inadequate investigations, you know, and police are some sort of law enforcement officer is involved with the death. Norfolk District Attorney's Office comes in and look.
Speaker 2: You're screwed. You're screwed. Well, we're gonna we're gonna get to some of these details and then we'll try to commingle this with Roger Fortson. And so for those of you who are listening right now before we get to the chat, and this is the reason why, is because Sheriff Eric Aiden in Oklahoosa County, Florida did it right. There was a sheriff that came to the door of Senior Airman Roger Fortson from my former duty station, Herbert Field, fourth Special Operation Squadron gunner and he's banging on the guy's door like he's pounding on a drug den somewhere in Cartagena. And he, uh, when the kid comes to the door, he doesn't know who's at the door. He has a firearm in nine mile pointed at the ground and you know, tape it basically taped to it. As soon as this guy opens the door, sees wep and he goes step back and he just fires six shots into the kids chest and then says, drop the gun. And the kids on the floor, gone, dude, I dropped the gun as he's got you know, holes in him. So what happened? Okloosa County sheriffs the next day they fired Deputy Eddie Durant, and like a day after that they arrested Deputy Eddie Durant on charges of manslaughter. So that's how it's supposed to be done. Uh that what what Sheriff Eric Ayden did you know? I mean, it was very very very very quick and now of course he's in jail awaiting trial on these charges. So uh, let's get to what's going on in the chat here. So let's get to oh from Jason. Wait, let's let Beatrice read this man. Go ahead, home girl.
Speaker 5: This one says Jen, My heart is with you. The courage that it takes for you to recount this story is amazing. I am so proud of you.
Speaker 2: I must day badass woman and nothing getting by her. Okay from my homie reality check, also known as participate and speculate, which is what we love doing. Go ahead with this one. Please at calling.
Speaker 5: All beings have they contacted ACLU.
Speaker 4: So we had a representation pretty much from the get go and the ACLU, which actually this is an interesting story that nobody knows about. It turned out at that time for the ACL Massachusetts, they're head of marketing. I ended up sending an email just to be like, hey, do you guys have any ideas of like people I could contact or reach? And He's like, I knew justin he and I used to make music together. Wow, Wow, are you serious? I mean he's just recently left there, but I just thought that the connection is just you realize, you know the world is.
Speaker 2: Small, serendipitous to say the least, especially if he could influence on them taking on his you know, his case in any form, any any manner.
Speaker 4: And I wish that the a c l U would write an ami kiss brief for our filing with the United States Supreme Court. But that's you know, something that they have to decide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that that bears more, uh, you know, because maybe maybe there can be some advocacy on that on that that front as well as in addition, to meet Paul Morrisey again, make sure to bring your bread hollow at the center and will bring a bag of Parmesan chiefs to sprinkle there. Yes, it's is from Spanish, Harlem, you know what I'm talking about, Jen.
Speaker 4: Talking about.
Speaker 2: I know Giuliani used to have a table every Friday night. So anyway, Hey, I just.
Speaker 4: Want to tell you too, everybody. These officers were interviewed five days after they killed Justin, and most of them met as a group before they were even interviewed.
Speaker 2: Oh you're kidding. They didn't separate, no divide and conquer and put them in separate, putting.
Speaker 4: Them sticky all the way down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why isn't the surprising? Would you please do the honors, Miss Beatrice?
Speaker 5: Sure it defies logic that a cop of twenty nine years would run up to someone if they truly believed they were armed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I know they're training everything that they're taught. And if you really truly believe someone is, you know, has a firearm, that is not what you do.
Speaker 2: I don't know what this. I don't know. I'm not sure what to tim saying here.
Speaker 4: You must be talking to somebody.
Speaker 5: That was a private chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah apparently so, and we'll get back to Uh yeah, put something in all caps if you will, if you want me.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's something right here. Uh. This one needs someone who speaks far better than I, so we better get beat.
Speaker 5: All right, let's go. The Norfolk d A and the MSP Detachment have two different standards of investigation, depending on whether a law enforcement officer faces potential liability in a case.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so if it's Brian Walsh, you know they're going to do things correctly. That's why I would never Oh and look who's here.
Speaker 3: Missy in the Izzy like Fin Lizzy.
Speaker 4: I'm Missy. We're super excited to be coming together and you know this is what it's going to take to really put some big spotlights on Morrissey and let all those people inside there. No, we're we're going nowhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I refuse to give them the grace to say that they are incompetent, or that it was a shoddy investigation or things were missed. You don't miss thirty thousand text messages between you know, Sandra Birchmore and Matt Farwell, you don't. These things are all calculated and done by design. And I will not give them the grace of saying they made a mistake. Everything did it was purposeful and with a plan, and was tactical. And even we can go to a larger level, because what's larger than tactical, it's strategic, you know. Tactical is I might not take photos of the tail light. Strategic is In the end, I want to frame Karen Reid, you know. So, so we're gonna get to these finer points of Now, all right, I want to go back to Oh there's something here, let's go to this one. These people are coming up with good stuff, so I can't get all right, go ahead, ma'am, all right.
Speaker 5: So let's see. He freaking fell down trying to run away when the AMT saw him and said he had no weapon.
Speaker 2: H That's like, yeah, that's like come on, man, and this one here, So we'll get you. We'll get to you next. Britt Happens, co host for the next show that we're having. Okay, so my question is the officer I want to go back to the officer that he interacted with a Brigham and was a Brigham and women's were okay, So where what happened in between he interacting with that officer and then that officer calling this into BPD. So because I want to kind of go some point by point.
Speaker 4: Here, So the Brigham security guard that he had spoke with and like shook hands with, uh, he's the one who called.
Speaker 2: His uh you know, control center and center and it's.
Speaker 4: The command center that then called BPD. So there was and I can't get way into like everything was said because of pending litigation. Sure, but you know things things should have been said or not said. That's with that. So what else can I tell.
Speaker 2: You pending litigation? Maybe you can expound upon that. What does that mean?
Speaker 4: It means that I had that there's a current pending lawsuit with against It has to do with the estate of justin Route and Brigham and Women's.
Speaker 2: Oh against okay, against the security apparatus at the hospital, yes, okay, all right, not shut my damn mouth.
Speaker 4: And that only actually that only occurred because the person, Oh, I didn't mention this, and this is kind of a big deal because you know, fifteen votes were flying around and ricocheting, and actually one of those hit the ballet and I forgot about name Justin by the way, Justin and his family's from Ashland and my dad's family's from Ashland. I mean, you can't make this stuff up. I mean it just I remember my friends, like, you know, the vallet's name is Justin, and I'm like what, But anyway, he got hit in the head, and uh, he survived, but he has long you know, long term like forever injuries. And he was doing the hospital and Justin's estate and it looks like Boston police settled or the city of Boston settled with him for the max amount of one hundred thousand. And then during that a deeper look into Boston is when I started to know a lot more about what happened in more detail. And then I said, okay, well we got to people need to be held accountable, and people need to also make changes, because ain't no changes happened since then?
Speaker 2: Say say it again, girlfriend, ain't.
Speaker 4: No changes since it happened back then?
Speaker 2: Not okay, Now I gotta shut my big trapper and let my get up in there.
Speaker 4: I just threw that in there for you later on I through my British accent.
Speaker 2: You were so much fun, man, you know that. I mean we're here talking about.
Speaker 4: I worked at Disney Radio station and one time I had to do the commercial how is the Glenda the Good? Which Oh it was so much fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I used to go, this is great.
Speaker 2: See. I just want to say, you come and calling all beings. You're gonna have fun even when we're talking about tragedy, you know, because we got to. I've got to let it go. Man, all right, let me get my home girl in here.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do have a question for Jen. So I was actually looking up last night Continuum of Force, and my question to you was, did you ever find out if the police used any de escalation tactics? You know, because actually one of the things that I research is that Boston PD has you know, there are certain parameters, like if there's a mental crisis, there's certain de escalation that they should have attempted to do before obviously using deadly force, because it just seems that with proper training for our officers, with proper de escalation tactics, that maybe this could have been avoided.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, this could definitely have been avoided. There was essentially no de escalation. If anything, they escalated every step of the way. A lot of people don't know what the state trooper that you know jumped in the last few seconds, he had also a taser, you know, and also the one that kicked him. He could have apprehended him. But see, I think Justin was covered in so much blood he was like, Eh, I'm not going to be talking, I'm not going to be touching him. So yes, there is and that's what's really concerning. And I know that, you know, from a deep dive with Boston Police. I know they killed another mentally ill manned named Terence Coleman, and their family just had a settlement with them. And it's one of the reasons I think anyway, from looking at all the legal documents, is that Boston police had in twenty ten or twenty twelve, they had done an EDP, which is emotionally disturbed person and had actually, ay are something some sort of you know, written up, but they never implemented it, and so Terence Coleman dies, Hey a few years later, justin Route dies. You know, I don't see that policy on their website, so you know, who knows if it's ever going to be implemented. And that's horrifying because they really, you know, this day and age, there's a lot going on and you know, wait, I'm going to go on a tangent for a second. Can I do that? The one of the things is is that officers like this is a big burden for them too. And that's one of the reasons why I got so involved with trying to pass the Medical Civil Rights Act in Massachusetts, which is, if someone is experiencing an emergency crisis, whether that be a diabetic shock, a stroke, whatever it may be, you call EMS and you get them help because we shouldn't officers shouldn't be standing there like trying to decide is this an emergency or not medical? That's for EMS to decide. And so it's unfortunate that our legislators haven't prioritized that, But they did prioritize the Nero's Law which is emergency medical care for a police dog. So they certainly can do it for human beings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the part of that that's important is police dog. Because if it was just your dog or my dog, they you know, maybe don't care. But because it's yeah, police dog. The word police. And I've said this over and over and I'm going to say it on this show about the Blue backing the Blue in terms of whatever. If I do something illegal, I'm backing them. If they do something immoral, I'm backing them. If they commit a crime, I'm backing them. If they kill somebody, I'm backing them. So I want to make this analogy and I'm going to do it again for the tenth straight show. And I'm kidding. It's not that many. The Navies see even more danger in combat than most officers see when they're on the ground and they're going and going, hitting high value targets, performing direct action hits on terraces and so forth on the ground in Afghanistana Rock the guys who dimed out Chief Eddie Gallagher, I'm talking about Navy Chief Eddie Gallagher were seals and what they died. One of the things that I haven't seen all the charges against Eddie Gallagher, but one of the things that they dined him out about is they had captured a fifteen year old insurgent and he shot and killed the kid, and that violates the law of armed conflict and the Geneva Conventions and what we stand for. So this I'm gonna say it again, everybody, I want you to listen real closely. If you're a police officer and you're listening to this, because we know that the most of you are not the ones doing this. The majority of you are upholding the law, that swore an oath, that puts your hand over your heart, and that believe in following the law, upholding the law, keeping the peace. Uh, And so we love and respect you guys. These are the few that we're talking about, not the minority of police officers that are doing this, not the majority. But I'm speaking to you who are the minority or who are friends with them. Is that these guys did the right thing. They went and they dimed out Chief Gallagher, somebody they served with on team and said no, like, I can't deploy this guy because I don't know what innocent person this dude's gonna pop next or execute. And that's the way you do it. You follow the law and you uphold the law you show me and the rest of us in terms of civil law and when it comes to military law law on complict Geneva conventions. I've had to uphold those myself on a dozen deployments that I've had, literally four deployments. I didn't even have a uniform. I was over there in civilian clothes, but foul the rules and the regulations in law. And that's what you guys need to do is be the example for us. Okay. And that's what the Seals did when they dimed out Eddie Gallagher, okay. And that's what you saw Sheriff Eric Aiden do when he had he had arrested Eddie Durant because he shot and killed the sermons. Guy's legally allowed to open his door with a firearm. It's legal in Florida. He legally owned a fire even pointed at you. He's pointing it at the floor. So if you're that damn scared, maybe you're in the wrong business man, you know what I mean, Maybe you're in the wrong business. It's like going it's like saying, yeah, I want to be an infantryman. You go into combat and then first contact with the enemy, you're like, oh my god, i'd you know, I'm scared. I'm terrified. Well then maybe you shouldn't have joined the army. I mean, that's the job, man, there's you know, that's the job.
Speaker 5: And to piggyback off of that, what I wanted to say is, you know, when the police use deadly force, they're the ones who write the reports, collect the evidence, and that's the evidence that's given to the d DA's office. This is not transparency or impartial, that's right, right you.
Speaker 2: So this is something that Jenn's been saying. We can't investigate ourselves. And there's problem is I'm sorry, go ahead, my god. Harah, way to the show again, Harah, say hello to everybody.
Speaker 4: Hello. I'm sure one of mine's gonna start scratching at my door soon. And sometimes they like pound and jump and pound.
Speaker 2: She has a habit of invading the show and this is unacceptable. Harah. Okay, you're not getting wrecked. I'm just kidding. You're gonna get breakfast because you're to make me give you breakfast anyway.
Speaker 4: So I always say that, you know, you know obvious you know, I've been in this fight for almost five years. I've learned a lot. I also am very laser focused on they cannot investigate themselves. If I have like ten seconds with you and you want me to like, the biggest messages is that they can't investigate themselves. I didn't know the level in which they get involved until this happened to Justin and started looking at how they did the interviews and how they do leading questions, and how they didn't ask how Justin's condition was, knowing that he had already been shot probably multiple times in Boston. You know, where is the really the like looking for the truth and then what happens? Right? So for me, I'm like, oh, they put up the oneself serving narrative, they do the investigation, they give us the evidence that they want us to have.
Speaker 2: I'm saying absolutely. I mean that's what we've.
Speaker 4: Got videos, We've got skiff in videos. And you know what, I also want to say, these cases like Officer John O'Keeffe, Sander Birchmore and Justin happened in a span of twenty four months, folks, and it's the same investigators, same da not Okay, it's pathetic the level of investigation, like what they did. I don't even call it an investigation. I always do with the quotes because I'm like quote investigation, because I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, right, it's a fun, fun novel.
Speaker 4: That's not what they're there for. And our tax dollars are paying for this, and this is the thing. If you don't hold them accountable, then you know.
Speaker 2: What it will.
Speaker 4: It's going to happen. What else They'll be down the road.
Speaker 2: I mean, there there will be another just time, there will be another Karen, there will be another Sandra, because it's just going to take enough time to pass by one of them say oh, we could get over on this young teenage girl and nobody's gonna know. And I'll do it off duty and then and uh or I'll pretend I'm on duty. Whatever they're gonna do, it's gonna happen again. I just want to say something to Harrow right here. There's a reason I didn't send you the streamyard link. I sent it to Beatrice and Jen. You were not You were not invited to the show by design. She's gotten better. I mean, she's used to like dominate every aspect of all the pets in the house, now she's she's becoming a little bit more of an.
Speaker 4: Adult, but big mistakes.
Speaker 2: We're done with her for the night. No stream yard link for you. All right, let's uh, let's go back. So we have a couple of we have a couple of stars, and then we gotta work our way down. So if we could have someone who has a great speaking voice.
Speaker 5: Why can't we get next Netflix involved to do a documentary?
Speaker 4: Good question, Well, I'm not sure if that's actually even like the status. I did talk with someone who does a lot of interviews with press for you know, quotes from previous law enforcement officers, and I did get some contact info. I just haven't had time to reach out because for me, the biggest thing has always been about telling the truth, having the truth told, but also unifying with these other groups that are representing these victims, because that's where the power is, that's where the energy is going to come in, and that's where we actually are like, no, we are not. You are not continuing on like this no matter what.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying and towards this effort that that we're about to do. On eleven thirteen, also known as November thirteen, can I get hey, man, because Jason's going to be.
Speaker 4: Get outraged, come down and join us. They're just gonna take all of us. We got no time for any type of drama, for any type of whatever, because that's what they want. I'm like laser focused. I'm like, no drama. We are there for a mission. I don't care, Like, why don't we get into politics. I don't want to get into like we just want Morrissey and all those fake investigators out out yeah out.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely, And I think I'm gonna do a show. I think, I said Friday night, I'll do a show to address the drama and kind of at least give some tools that have worked for me on dealing with as I. As I coined it, maybe not very definitly today with Beatrice, swagger Jack and trolls. You're supposed to laugh at that one.
Speaker 4: Jen. Sorry, anyway, I got into like I'm sorry, I got into fight mode. I was like, I'm ready to be like right, yeah, I wasn't ready for I wasn't ready for going on that little all.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, it's tough crowd here, but Missy was pointing out what you pointed out right here. Twenty four months three murders. All three cases were covered up and at least man we got to figure out how many officers I know there was at least Fanning was, you know, I don't know if Fanning was involved in Karen Reid. Is he can he be tied to all through three cases or no? Anybody know John Fanning.
Speaker 4: I don't really know that Fanning was the lead investigator for Sander Bridgmore and also for just On's case.
Speaker 2: There so at least two of the two of the three, and maybe I don't know if there's a Turtle Boy in there as well, because now you know, through the better old letters, we found out that Turtle Boy was wrapped up in all of this then. And I don't even know if he knew. I don't think he knew until they uncovered these messages. And thank God to that lady, Michelle Littlefield, wherever you are, thank you and God bless you for being so incredibly courageous to do what you did and bring those give that information out. Did you want to see you look like you want to say something, Jen, No, I don't, Okay, you just look like you want to say something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't. I forgot what it was.
Speaker 2: Okay, look, something very very prophetical and it is.
Speaker 4: I know what it was, Morrissey in the burn email account.
Speaker 2: Whoa boom? I mean, can you imagine if there's hello? Come on, can you imagine if there's more, if they find other Yeah, like if well, I know, like there has to be more. I know that's almost like a dumb thing. But if they find more messages about several of these cases that maybe a three letter agency has that begins with an F and ends with an eye and has the first letter of her name in the middle, imagine if they got some Burn direction on that. All right, what do we get here? Okay, here you go, Beatrice.
Speaker 5: The trooper was charged with kicking another handcuffed person in the head in two I'm Sorry in twenty nineteen with his steel toe boots. He wasn't criminally charged for that until after he shot Justin route.
Speaker 2: Yes, are you aware that?
Speaker 4: Mentuary February twenty nineteen, the state trooper, the one who shot Justin five times in Brookline, he had an incident where he had kicked this individual who was already handcuffed, and he actually took out his gun and put it to his head. So really, yeah, he now has been dishonorably discharged. She was also wrapped up in the the overtime scandal, so he did have some you know, little chaps on the wrist. But you know the fact that one year later he was still out there working, you know, like, that's a long time. That's another whole other conversation. I mean, you could go down a rabbical about the length and which they do their internal investigations, if you will, And it takes a damn lot to like really get anybody fired. But yeah, he was, he was gone.
Speaker 2: And getting back to what you said earlier, I think the big issue is that our biggest, you know what, our biggest impediment to justice here is that we have a state agency. So they're the highest level of law enforcement that we have direct contact with. And you know, one of my colleagues one time said, what was saying that, uh, you know, oh, the FBI has oversight over law enforcement. Really they don't. There has to be a crime committed. There has to be some sort of information that comes to them that they can then funnel to the AUSA that they can look at and say, yeah, this is something actionable. Some arm of the US attorney. You know, there's something actionable that they can go They can't just say, oh, well, there's been a crime committed by this and you know, I mean there's a whole Netflix documentary on the history of policing in our country and they're extremely, extremely powerful. I've said on one of these recent shows, and neither of you would have been in the earshot of these shows. But I could have one of my three my three star general, you know, when he was commander of AFSK. As soon as he drives off base, a local Fort Walton Beach cop can can pull him over for something, and if he doesn't like something he says or does, he could have that three star general out of the car and handcuffed in seconds. That's how powerful you're talking about a three star general, do you do people understand the amount of schooling And I'm not talking about college because obviously they have to have a minimum of master's degree to make it past major, but to become like a lieutenant general, you know the a you know, Air War College and Air Command and Staff College and a Pentagon Tour and all these different schools they have to go through to get to that level. And you could have some guy like going back to something you know Beatrice said earlier when she was talking about the continuum of motion, and I'm imagining Trooper Paul going, Trooper Paul, can you tell me the definition of kinematics place which kind of has to do with the continuum of motion rather than the force that acted upon it to cause it to put it in motion. And he's like, you know, I can't really remember it had mister Jackson, so didn't. I mean, this guy's doing accent reconstruction and doesn't know the definition of kinematics, Like, dude, are you kidding me? So anyway, anyway, all right before I just you know, go off on a tangent here. Okay, So, Patricia, Yes, I was at the Halloween party. I'm sorry I missed you and that I didn't know you unless you came up and said hello to me, and I did get to I also didn't speak. I did meet this gentleman and his wife Brenda. So what's up swinging? What's up? Holmes? It was a pleasure to meet. Yeah, so you know, these guys, pleasure to meet you and your wife, asd already saw her. Yeah, and there's somebody else here that I oh, I guess that was it. But let's get back to this. So this one right here, Jen, is there a oh say I'm taking Beatrice role. She's gonna find me after the show. Is there a gofund me or anything for just on family and litigation.
Speaker 4: I never had set up anything. I just took a big loan to fight them. But it's a good idea to maybe at some point do that to help with the next set of litigation. And also, if Justin's case gets sent back from the United States Supreme Court, which means remanded back here, that means we would have a trial, and so then you have to fly in your experts and our law enforcement experts from California and so anyway, yeah, it's going to be hepty.
Speaker 2: Beatribus.
Speaker 5: So what was just then? Like what did he enjoy?
Speaker 4: So music? Yeah, he loves his music. Listen on just on route dot com. You can go in there and see and listen to some of his music. He had songs like DNA terrorists and everything is backwards and he just really played on you know, you know, he also like with numbers, like you know, it would be like he would just have different meanings for different things and he'd be like, oh, it's all connected. And but anyway, you knew when he came into a room, you know, he was charismatic. He would laugh like he like loved life, right he got he had a big laugh. I'd be like, you know, keep it down a little bit, you know, but uh but yeah, but you know he was like a great listener and and definitely a really good friend. And uh, you know it's it's I don't know what else can I tell you.
Speaker 2: He sounds like someone who would have liked beings.
Speaker 4: Oh so yeah, did you watch the YouTube one where he was this was like a fun thing he did with his friends where he was going to be the just campaign. So he was running for president of the United States And at the end he has like a UFO and he's like and then he's like Jen Genesis. Like also, Justin would add an E to the end of his name and he would say, we are just one. And so that's a lot of what I move from. That guides me because we are just one. We are like we're one world. The more we start to think that we're separate and it's just you happening over there, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not say it again. Say it again, home girl.
Speaker 4: We are just one, one world, one people, and that's right.
Speaker 2: That's what I say on our group chat that Jason is part of our group chat. Because what I do when I put together a round table people on Twitter is I'll start a group chat to pass information, especially for the roundtable, because we almost have like a Robert's rules of order for the round table. You'll see that on Sunday if you're watching. And so I always say one love you know, because obviously I've pulled for that from Bob Marley. But I can assure Beatriz I'll cite it in MLA formatting in my paper.
Speaker 4: I see something in the chat here. Just so you know, we do have a petition that goes to the Massachusetts US Attorney's Office, Joshua Levy. You can just go on to just Donroote dot com and you'll have like it will pop up to sign a petition. So that's something that you can do and share with everyone, because I think the more that we grand slam that office, the more they know that people care and are like no, then you know, you know, someone might blink an eye and be like, hey, what's going on?
Speaker 2: You know what Jens Cadence is a little bit like content creator Massachusetts lawyer Andrew D. Myers the way he speaks. He has a really good show. He covers law and obviously he's covering Karen Reid, among other cases. Not only Karen Reid, he and a young lady named Laney law and Andrew D. Myers, Your Cadence is a lot like him. Maybe should go to law school, Maybe I should.
Speaker 4: You know what. And sometimes I'm like one time I was telling my neighbor and I like start to get into this whole thing about summary judgment and breaking it all down, and then I just realized when I was sitting there, I was like, she might just want me to be quiet at this point. And then I stopped and I'm like, are you okay? Like am I Like have I lost you? And She's like no, but you should become a lawyer. And I'm like, well, you know what. I feel like, you know, with the time that we have on this planet, like this is very this is my life, this is my passion. And I mean I want independent investigations across the country. I mean, when this sort of stuff happens, it's just it's shocking that that it even is this way. I mean, that's what I want. So it's like if I went to law school. I'm not sure if that's going to be, you know, but I do feel like a lawyer at this point. I mean, it's like stuff I didn't want to just like me, I learned about autopsies. I learned about I mean, you know, it just goes on and on.
Speaker 2: Now you get asked Melanie Little. You know, I'm sorry. I didn't mean interrupt. I was gonna say, we could ask Melanie Little for a conference of our Twitter law degree and you and myself we can Twitter, okay, all right? Uh yes? Uh so Jason. Yeah. The prep work for me to come to the party, I was in the hands of Reality Check, who told me, you know, do this, this person's there, that person's there, Hey, DJ go Live, you know this kind of stuff. And so I didn't know that you. I I wanted to meet you, but I did not know that you were there in costumes, so I didn't recognize you. But there's a couple of things that I didn't do. The intro that I did for my guests and my co host tonight, I would have also done for Turtle Boy by just grabbing the microphone from that guy at the front.
Speaker 3: And right in turtle, Hey canna get a man?
Speaker 2: So you know I could have done that, but you know, unfortunately I didn't think. So next year, right, because I'll be back, but I expect to be back up there in January or something, back to Massachusetts, so maybe I'll get to see some of you guys. Then if you guys want to get together and have a meal of food, we can have a meal of food somewhere. I'll come there in January. Okay, it's a day day. All right, let's see what else we got here. This is what I'm saying right here. They made a big mistake. Man. I usually do not curse on this channel, but I'm gonna conjure my best Jack Nicholson, you with the raw marine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, this is what the sad thing is that you know, there's a stigma around mental illness. And it's like I was reading Jason's comments in here and that we need to kind of reframe the narrative. But it's like, you know, he he suffered from mental illness. They like thought he was freaking nobody. He thought they treated you know, they just they took it upon themselves to be judged or an executor. But this is the thing, that's what I always say. I'm like, oh guess what, No, there's people often cared about Justin and uh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's very much. It's a purp and threat down, and it's they're acting kind of like a direction direct action. You know, we talked about earlier. There's a few units in the military that do counter terrorism direct action missions. One of those, you know, is like Team six, and then there's another army unit that we don't say the name of the army unit. And so that's kind of like the way that they were treating Justin's a threat, which is really really odd given that they had already done the pit maneuver. But I want to let my co host get in here, and then I'm going to babble some more, and and I want to go through certain points that maybe this could have been avoided, and obviously it might have all maybe all started with the guard at the Brigham and Women's But let me let my co host get in here. Men.
Speaker 5: Well, I had a couple of thoughts. So earlier we were talking about, you know, how we've found out through all this, all this movement and all these things that have been happening in our state that you know, they did a six month investigation into rubber duckies, and so it makes you feel like this. There are certain times that this is intentional and other times that you know, like it. One thing would be if it's incompetence, okay, that that. But when they've proven to us and can write a very long report and investigate rubber duckies for six months, it feels intentional. And that's that's what we don't want. You know, it's one thing if they need additional training. It's one thing if you're doing things on purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's that quote selective prosecution? Yeah yeah, yeah, it's very much.
Speaker 4: For somebody like my loved one was murdered and you actually spent more time on a freaking rubber ducky. Shame on all of them, Shame on all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's the thing is that it's, uh, this is a very it's very targeted when they decide to investigate, when to prosecute, and it's very The thing what they don't realize is it makes it very transparent and obvious. So let's say you have people that are not as sharp as gen and not as sharp as Beatrice, and not as sharp as me. And they're a little bit of a mead heead and a little thick headed. Anybody can see. Uh, that's being honest and transparent about this. What's what, what's what's happened? So you know that that's the thing. It's quite obvious what they're doing. And that's the problem is we just don't have an agency to go to unless and I'm going to make an assumption here and this was going to be my next question, had you had you written to Joshua Levy?
Speaker 4: I I am making contact, hopefully through my lawyer, but it's just been the letters from the petition that's gone to him in his office. I worked a long time, Hey, I wasted along. I wasted a lot of time working on the Attorney General and the governor and the age. I mean the Attorney General. Yeah, the AG.
Speaker 2: I wasted a lot not knowing they didn't care.
Speaker 4: Well, you know they you know it's it's they damned if they do, and damn if they don't. Right, So they took the path of least resistance because they have a political aspiration. I mean, that's what I've chalked up to so I wasted a lot of time with them. Now I know they're not going to do squat ditterly dodo of anything when it comes to this. So it's really the US Attorney's office that is where we need to go.
Speaker 2: But why get into the business of governance if you are afraid to act on that? And if you're saying, you know, if I take on BPD here or if I take on mass State police, then I'm not going to get any votes. Their union is going to tell all of their officers and every all of their families to vote against me. Then why get into governance? Why do something and be completely dishonest? It doesn't it doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have to tell you DJ So. Andrea Campbell is our current attorney general. She was also Justin's city counselor because he lived in Mattapan. Okay, So, I had several conversations with her as a sister. Okay, back when she was a city councilor, before she became Attorney general. I had a lot of hope when she got into office that she'd be doing some things, you know, you know what I mean, And Uh, that came up to a zero. Okay. So, and I just want to remind you, like her brother died in custody under suspicious circumstances, and so she's a family member who lost someone to in that type of a situation. So she like directly knows. So it's deeply like concerning and offensive to me because she's now the Attorney General. And I had hope, you know, and then when I realized she just wanted to, you know, paw me off on her top staff to meet with where I'm like, well, freaking more healing met with us when she was ag like in person, and you can't show that same respect. But when I left the AG's office the last time with her top people, I said, look, you're doing all that's like changing things and law enforcement, but you're only talking to law enforcement. You need to start talking to the families what they experienced and what the process was like and what happened, because our viewpoint is valuable in the outview of change. No, you think they did that, they didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: It's really interesting when you look at people's value systems and you find that they're out of alignment with what the charge of the position demands and dictates, and perhaps even a sworn oath that would have been attached to that position. And it's really interesting when you see that people are willing to mortgage that. But you see that power is so intoxicating. It's like a drug. It's like the way that you desire people, you know, desire alcohol or love. It's that type of the adulation.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: You see how powerful that that that I'm going to use it quote unquotes drug is and it'll cause people to do things that and and perhaps even see a shift or change in character as a result of that power and the desire for more. People were one person or they espoused to be a certain person, and then they were willing to mortgage that and become a different person because of the expediency, uh, the political expediency or or something of that nature. And I'm really sorry that you were the victim of that, perhaps you know where you know I've said before turtle Boy is a young man of uncommon valor in my experience, and maybe Joshua Levy is a older gentleman also of uncommon valor, and I hope that he and I believe he is, and perhaps you will find resonance and send him. Why didn't mean to drop the mic there? But anyway, all right, let me we.
Speaker 4: Gotta keep Beatrice awake here. What's going on. I'm awake. I'm awake.
Speaker 2: She's ditching your voice.
Speaker 4: We gotta hear your voice every so often.
Speaker 2: You're telling me. I mean, come on, let me say one thing. So all right, So, Jason, my my plan is I would have if I would have done it like in the middle of the event, like not like at the beginning. But anyway, I didn't know that was you, because if that was you who was up front, I don't remember. Show me what your costume looked like. Then you and I spoke because you told me I looked like Paul O'Keeffe because there was somebody that had the microphone that was doing the DJ stuff no no pun intended dj uh And he told me that I looked like paul O'Keefe and I was like, I'm not paul o'keef man or paul O Grift whatever turtle work as. So anyway, you are quickly rising on my list of favorite activists. You remind me of my own sister. We all deserve a sister like you. Yeah, I wish I had a sister like you.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Like I just say to myself, I could have never, in a million years ever imagine this happening. And this happened like literally weeks before COVID, so I was like really in shock. I mean, but what I can say is this is profoundly life changing and it's it awoke something in me, and I mean, I just don't want to be here if I'm not doing this type of work because it's so important. And I have to tell you, it's also very healing for me to meet all these great people out at Standouts because you just connect with humanity again. You connect with people who care, and and it's that it's that like it's it's you know, it's the collective.
Speaker 2: You guys are very inspiring. That's why I told Beatrice I want to come back as soon as possible. And I'm like, Okay, I gotta start looking at my calendar for how soon I can come back, and I can just tie it in because I I go home to my hometown in the Hudson. I usually come to Massachusetts once a year for Dean and my teammates from Dean and then twice a year to New York. I'm from the the Hudson Valley, not far away from where you guys live, and and I uh, I'm so now I'm like, okay, looking at it. When's the soonest I can come back? And I said, well, December January. So I'll try to arrange something like, uh where I can be inspired with you guys and come and have a meal, a meal of food. That's all I'm trying to do. I'm gonna do turtleboar right now. That's all I was trying to do is have a meal of food. That's it. We can see some salad over here and see if McCarthy's so anyway, let me, uh interest.
Speaker 4: What am I doing now?
Speaker 5: Am I asking questions?
Speaker 4: Am I reading the chat?
Speaker 2: You're reading.
Speaker 5: Like taking a nap?
Speaker 2: I just bumped my screen. I'm gonna go fix it. Hang on, go ahead, all right.
Speaker 5: I just want all the supporters to know I think you are all amazing. The support for the Root family is long overdue because truth matters. Amen, Amen, DJ, come on a real man, yeah.
Speaker 2: Brand yeah uh. And now I want to say to my man here this one right here, ten points for DJ, your chesty Polar. Okay, so, Chesty Polar is a famous former Marine Corps general, and then I believe his son Lou also became a Marine Corps general. So you correct me on that if I'm wrong, Jason, But thank you very much for putting me in any sentence that has to do with like Chesty Puller or mad dog Madness or any of those guys or taughty Franks. So anyway, uh, let's see. Okay, So, and hey, what's up, punk girl? Christina? Welcome, Welcome, Welcome Christina throughout a cryptic tweet. Our response, I was kind of like, I didn't know exactly what it meant, and so and DM, I'm like, so, what exactly does this mean? And she's like yeah, but she now, so I'm not. I still don't know what it means. So Christina, tell me what that tweet meant because I still don't get it. But but it was cool whatever it was. I was inspired at like five o'clock in the morning. Anyway, Um, okay, oh look at this, I'm getting a I'm getting a hand salute from my man. So what like what if that unfolded? Let's say we start off at Brigham and Women's and that happens, and they call it in to the command center and now we're off on something of a car chase because they legitimately somebody legitimately thought he was armed. Where do you think we go from there? That this could have had a different outcome? What would you like to have seen those actions be? Well?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, I know that Boston is very you know, a lot of people you know are stuck on you know, he pulled out somethin on an officer, yes, but it's also looks like a frickin toy and is huge and clear and with chimney. I mean, you know, I think an officer of twenty years with no what that looks like. And even if it was something that happened fast, I also so know that that officer was justin was at his driver's side window prior to that sidewalk, and he had it in his hand. So you know, if you think someone's really armed and danger with the gun, you don't like go up to them like that. At least I wouldn't think you do. I actually think if my brother really was armed that day, he'd still be alive. I mean, that's what's crazy about it. It's like did those officers at any moment That one actually was on the ground with Justin too, so I don't know what he was, you know, But no matter which way you slice and dice Boston, when you get to Brookline and you know that he has been shot, and you know that there was a massive car accident with wheels off, and you see someone covered in blood with someone there trying to aid him, you know, that's an execution what they did to Justin. They came up and they just went boom, just unloaded. And I'm gonna say this again, I feel like I'm a eating record. But even for people who like want to have all different types of you know, ideas and thought processes about it, I just say, think to yourself, is that okay? That the response the excessive force of that response of thirty one bullets at a very public parking lot where my friends shop, my friend's shop with their kids, bullet went across the parking lot. I mean, we can't let that type of excessive force go unchecked, right.
Speaker 2: I agree? I agree.
Speaker 4: You go to a hospital, I expect a next level of especially with a lot of you know, mental health centers right there, and two of them which by the way, are residential, so that means they live there, they walk around there. There needs to be I mean that was the shocking park to me is that I thought, God, you know, my brother was at a hospital and needed to be hospitalized. He he showed clear signs of you know, paranoia, delusional, you know, delusional. I mean he's telling that officer, I'm with law enforcement. I'm with law enforcement. And by the way, you can carry in Massachusetts. So I mean, where was the where was the conversation, Where was the hey, let me see your license to carry or you you know, like you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So one of the things they showed on the video, they showed what looked like a pellet gun, a black what looked like a rep you know, a representation or a replica nine mil pellet gun. Was that also with Justin? I hope to god they didn't plant that there, did they.
Speaker 4: I believe that to be Justin's so that you know. This is the other thing too, that really got me when this all happened. It's like a clear plastic paintball gun with a chimney is not a replica. There's nothing that that's not a replica. Yes, that BB gun of course it did. But I know it was never in his hands, so oh it was not No, it was never in his hands.
Speaker 2: It was just in the car, okay, because that's what they came.
Speaker 4: It wasn't in the car. It wasn't in the car. He's on his body. If you see the state trooper with it in his hands, and he tossed it into the mulch at random so that it would look like he had this gun out that looked like a gun, and it's it's just not true. You know, I have to question everything about the footage. I questioned at all. Absolutely, I don't know what doctoring has been done. You know, anything now at this point is possible.
Speaker 2: Well, it was. It was clear when that one guy says, hey, man, don't say anything. Don't say anything, you know, because you know, because he clearly he he knows like, okay, we've screwed up here and everything. This is going to go to court, and so don't say anything, you know, Yeah, keep your camera and don't say anything. And other guys like kind of turn my camera off. And so everybody's trying to make sure they follow their p's and q's because they know they've screwed up at that point, So yeah, that was and checking.
Speaker 5: Each other out to make sure they're okay. Justin didn't pose a threat at that point, and they're looking around like, you know, theatrics, like you know you okay, you have any injuries? Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like I think I might know if my leg was bleeding. Yeah, I got shot in the leg, by the way. I mean, yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe the guy that has like, you know, fifteen holes him on the ground needs medical attention, but do everybody else is okay? That's not screaming, so because it's pretty you know when you get not that I've been shot before. I've had a lot of Army and Marine Corps friends think I was an air guy, so I was flying, so we got shot at but never airplane was never hit when and I certainly never been hit, so I've never I don't know what it feels like, but people say it feels like hot metal inside your body. You're don't know it big time, And I'm.
Speaker 4: Just gonna say too that I like to everyone to know that no one as far as the responding Boston police officers, because they were behind Justin and they couldn't even run a plate, okay, nobody could run a plate at any time, which would have been very informative because they knew Justin Okay, so that they would have known that he was mentally ill because they've responded to the best team several times in Boston before. And Justin also too had a lot of PTSD, like you know, takedowns that were very violent, being gags you know, aren't being broken. So you know, it's not like, you know, guns don't make things better, you know, like you don't come into a situation. It's if you come into a situation like that, I guess, so you're probably be using a gun. You know, there needs to be that sort of person, you know, de escalate, have a conversation. But none of them knew until nine thirty two am that someone had been shot at Brigham And I think it's important that everybration of two proptor yeah, I'm a proctor. Yeah. He called my stepmother and said that my brother had shot someone at the hospital and that he produced the gun again in Brookline and wouldn't put it down and so they had to shoot him. Yeah. Lies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a lot of situations that firearms can escalate things. And I can just tell you I've trained it a bunch of different BJJA academies in the decade after I retired from the Air Force, and one of them was owned by police officer, and most of them were Gracy academies save for the academy I started at in Brazil, but the rest of them have been Graci Baja, Helson, Gracy, Gracie Brothers, blah blah blah blah blah. Well the one that where the law enforcement officer owned Helson Gracie Academy in Cleveland. All a lot of law enforcement officers trained there. And what they told me without me asking them, Hey hoes, this affect your career, Like you don't really asked those question. They'd say, Man, a lot of us, like we have a lot less problems where we feel like we have to draw down because we can handle a situation physically and disarm somebody safely without having to use deadly or excessive force, like when you see guys billy clubbing somebody or you know, tasing, because these guys could execute a takedown and easily subdue somebody to the point where they could get handcuffs on them. You know, it kills me every time I see that, Eric, what's the young man from Brooklyn? And there's a police officer on his back and he has him in a rear naked choke and the kids saying I can't is it? Eric Garner said his name? He's saying I can't breathe?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well yeah he said he couldn't breathe them we and.
Speaker 2: He just choked him to death, killed him. I'm like, what are you? I mean, the whole thing with jiu jitsu is when the person is tapping, you release pressure. Thank you, Eric Garner, Statna and thank you Ann. Yes, you release pressure on that person's neck and then you handcuff the guy. If if in fact that guy is you know, still a threat. I don't know the whole story, and I really don't care, but you choke the guy to death. You don't belong even applying that choke. If you don't know how to do it safely and then release pressure, It's it's really bizarre anyway, all right. One thing I want to say to everybody, if you are watching this right now, if you would do a kind favor to me and my co host Beatrice, would you smash the like button and the subscribe button for calling all beings. We would greatly appreciate that. And even you, Christina, get up there on YouTube and subscribe Holmes. So she's probably like, look, I'm busy right now, I'm using my phone. I'm like all right, whatever, So.
Speaker 4: Like button smash that.
Speaker 2: Like button do, Like Melanie Little, I'm gonna have to turn their condition rop if you don't. If you subscribe. She's so funny.
Speaker 4: Man, I want to see another when you talk about that I can't breathe. That's another reason why it's so important that we pass the Medical Civil Rights Act, just so you know, I mean, because even if someone says I can't breathe, that means you need to call EMS and you stop. But you don't. And you know there's only a duty, okay, but if it's the law, you got to do it, and then take that law.
Speaker 2: You don't say it again. Gots to do it, girlfriends to do it.
Speaker 4: I mean, come on, I'm just saying. I mean they passed it in Connecticut. I mean, it really needs to be passed in every state.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean this is just this is part of the job, man. I mean, it's just it's a dangerous job. But a lot of people will Some people will sign up for it because they like having power, and that is we talked about power earlier, and there's other contexts that that we can use this same analogy that people like the feeling of power and influence, and you are extremely powerful as a police officer, and you need to be very I've actually taken the police test UH at an academy. Before I elected not to enter the academy. I was a law enforcement major at Dean. But I am in no way placing myself in their category. I am not a law enforcement officer, never been. I can't. I'm not part of their brotherhood. I respect those guys, but I also need to hold them accountable everything. There's a balance, you know, in everything. You know, you have to be very forceful sometimes when you when you're taking down a suspect because sometimes they'll some people mistake kindness for weakness, you know, and you have to say, Okay, you might think I'm weak, I'm gonna show you that though I'm kind, I can put it on you if I have to. I don't want to put it on you, but if you make me put it on you, then I'm going to do that. So anyway, Oh there it is. Yeah, all right, thank you, Thank you, Christina. I appreciate it. Homegirl. Final question from my co host here, Beatrice, who said not to say with the Latino flair. Sorry I've been directed. Yes, well, I also follow regulations.
Speaker 5: I mean I also think too, Like I just want to make it very clear. We all respect what police officers do. You know, we're sitting here kind of pointing fingers right now, but we do know that they have a tough job, and maybe there needs to be more help for police officers, you know, somebody checking in with them, because I'm sure their mental health is you know, is there. I mean, they don't know what they're facing day in and day out. They you know, they get on duty and they hope to come home to their family. But maybe there needs to be because if you're choking somebody out to the point where you're about you know, you're going to take their life, like that has to be you know, there's a control that you need to be able to control yourself, so you know, and and again we love and respect our police officers, and you know, so I just wanted, you know, to just mention that that maybe there needs to be more and they do need help and they maybe they need to check in periodically with somebody like they because to make them. You know, I don't think they went into this wanting to be bad. I just think that you know, things got escalated and you know it's just there has to be more accountability.
Speaker 4: That's what I I mean. I've always talked about accountability, not being against law enforcement. But we can train all we want, but if you don't have your officers being accountable for breaking policies, you got nothing. I mean, what do the people get for not having their body warm cameras on? I mean, what are people getting a couple days off unpaid? Is that that's that's what you get. That's a tap on the wrist. You should have some more accountability and then people like who like to get this control or get crazy, they they might torn back a bit.
Speaker 2: I want to say something to both. Are the points that both because you both basically made semi opposing points, but both very important and very salient points. And for Bittra's point, I there would be complete anarchy out on the streets without our police officers. There be people would be people would literally go over to their their neighbor's house and shoot them if they piss them off, you know, they would people would act out even more violently. And we're the most violent country in the world, and we have more guns than anybody else in the world. And I'm saying that I'm a gun owner, you know, but not you know, the type of person that wants to go out and show my gun everywhere and try and intimidate people with it and go, don't f with me, look what I've got. But there are people like that, you know. And without police officers there would be anarchy in the streets. So they're extremely important to civil obedience. The problem is when they become the criminal, and in a place like where you're in a county environment, which you guys don't have as much in a place like Massachusetts than the sheriff and the sheriff's deputies are extremely powerful if there is no if you simply have like a highway patrol situation, which is far different than what you have here where the state police and you guys can hear Emily Debaker talk about it. No, we didn't have state police in our DA's office. We had investigators, but they were separate and apart from the police to have that separation so that there wasn't that conflict of interest that we see here with Marsy and these idiots giving money to his re election campaign and Adam Lally and the other district assistant district attorneys. You can't do that, dude, like Morrisey. Have you been to an ethics class ever anywhere? Do you remember that in law school? Do you remember the whole ethics test? You can't take donations from your subordinates, idiot. I can't even give my boss a twenty dollars gift, like, like, ten dollars is what I'm limited to. And you know, if it's a group, there's all these regulations about what you can give. And I'm gonna tell you when I worked for Air Force Special Operations comand a civilian, my boss was a very strict If you went to a trade show, like an aerospace trade show and they had gift bags, he would be like, man, don't even take one of those gift bags because I'm telling you right now, there's more than twenty dollars of value in that gift bag. Don't even I saw him say that to somebody. So ethics are extremely important and that gets to and now we're going to get to what Jen was talking about, and it is it's leadership. So if I'm lead civilian in my job, or when I was a first sergeant at one time, if I would have gone said, ah, man, it's three o'clock. Man, that sounds like beer thirty to me. Let's get out of here. And what do you think the people you know are, what their attitude is going to be? Hey, man, we don't need to stay the whole day. Boss Man's good with this. And that is what's happening with these guys is this is a cultural leadership thing. And we have no indication that this Jeff what's his name, Beatrice, Jeff, the new guy from New Jersey, you know what I'm talking about. He has a what is it? I can't remember his life.
Speaker 4: But yes, he's here, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, and that guy who called the young lady actually who called into Mike's show the other night, he said, look, if Massachusetts is super corrupt, then Jersey's got to be a close second. So she's like, I don't have any faith that this guy you're bringing in is not gonna do it. And I laugh when they go. We've removed Brian Tully from his duties as lead. I'm like, so, what what does that mean? Doesn't cost him any money? Yeah? Like so you know what though, But we're gonna leave on a high note, girlfriend, because we have look at the Look at the people that you have here. Look at this girl right here. Please?
Speaker 4: Oh you know I saw your sweatshirt on Twitter.
Speaker 2: I just want to say this, so please pass the pepper. I don't want to irritate my acid reflux. That's all I got to say this hot food. Sorry, but we have an amazing group of people here, not you know, the justice warriors that are every bit is important as the content creators that are out there, and those of us that have Twitter law degrees like Jen and myself. We're waiting conferral from Melanie little Jeff Noble, thank you, that's right. Yeah, I'm I'm going to see how noble he is. Uh. That could be a play on words, right there, a double on. But we do really do have an amazing group of people, and I think we're heading the right direct. There's a lot of noise people in other countries, hear you. I think a turtle boy got a message from Denmark the other night on air. I don't know if anybody's have heard of any of the other norwey, I'm pretty sure I've heard Norway obviously. Australia has you know, three fairly prolific content creators. The United Kingdom with Dylan, and there's probably more than Dylan that are that are just covering this Canada. Hey, thank you Missy in Hiszzy uh and you guys don't remember thin Lizzy. But anyway, but yeah, I think we're we're headed in the right direction. Song and it is an honor to uh to have you on here, and I'll be seeing you in a couple of months.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can't read.
Speaker 4: I was seeing November thirteenth at two pm.
Speaker 5: Yes, so don't be shy.
Speaker 4: Come up to us and say hello, Tell your friend some friends.
Speaker 2: Okay, Dylan, Wait, I want to timber. Dylan's from Wales, but it's still the United Kingdom. Homie a broken Baker. He's gonna be the show too. Who is that? Where is he from? His accent is not quite distinguishable. Does anybody know? Is he from the Netherlands? Anybody know Austria.
Speaker 4: Baker?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it sounds like the Burgermeister from Santa Claus is coming to town. Okay, I do work. I worked in I do. I worked in a CD store for nine years. Indiana in the house. What's up? Man? He's Dutch, didn't I say from the Netherlands?
Speaker 4: You know, you know your accents?
Speaker 2: Ten points for Griffin Dall All right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I Hey, I always wanted to just leave like we're stronger together, okay, and we just need to build on this momentum and stick together, and we're going to do amazing things. I mean, amazing things are going to happen. I just know it's people power.
Speaker 2: People power one hundred percent. Hey, welcome back, Jason. Yeah, Hey, Jason. And Missy Missy in oh Man. Missy. I guess she's a singer as well. And which is more pertinent to this weekend's roundtable where we have a couple of musicians. But we did a cab music show and what we did is we brought on like five or six content creators and ask them instead of we're not going to complain about all our problems in justice tonight, everything we're pissed off about, We're we're talking about our favorite singer and who are our favorite singers or bands and why and Missy came in on that one, so it was really dope. Man, it turns out he's a singer.
Speaker 4: You know what. That's what her and I have in common too. If I also do a lot of singing and I love going to karaoke, I would have been a singer if you know, I didn't want to. I just wanted to be make some money and go to college for marketing. But uh, but anyway, yeah, I love singing too.
Speaker 2: Well, then how are you gonna let me sit here and sing on the show when you're a singer? Tell me you're a singer up front so that I won't sing? Hey, you know, going to embarrass myself?
Speaker 4: Do the ROBERTA Flack I love Donna Summer on the radio?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, can ROBERTA Flack?
Speaker 4: I love Roberta Yep. Yeah, I'm like, I need to get to a karaoke Hey, Hey, Massachusetts peeps, where is the karaoke spot? Because I definitely want to go.
Speaker 5: I'll be your backup dancer.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's good, and sometimes you might want to join join in. Actually a lot of the pictures I have from my with my brother is from the forty at my fortieth birthday and we had a live band carryo.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah Stevie Nicks. Oh my god. All right, So when the next music show, we'll have both you guys on, and I want you to consider your favorite your mount rushmore of music that could be a singer, a solo artist, that could be a band, it could be whatever genre. And you have a Washington, a Jefferson, a Theodore Roosevelt in a Lincoln position to fulfill with your top four favorite artists. Okay, okay, all right. I hope you had some fun tonight. I certainly did. I think we learned a little bit about Justin and I hope we can have you back on again.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, And thanks to everybody tuning in and watching. It's that like button subscribe.
Speaker 5: The right ont as Melanie says, do all the YouTube things.
Speaker 4: Do those things.
Speaker 2: She's so funny and so witty, like she's like, I.
Speaker 5: Give her all day long. I literally, it's she's amazing.
Speaker 4: I mean there's so many she's like that strains cugility.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, I know, I use that word credulity, but then she uses it even better than because she says, I'll say it defies credulity, but she'll say it's strange and that sounds even better. But she's just brilliant, man, She's just a brilliant She's like, you know, like Nurse Kim is brilliant content.
Speaker 4: I love her.
Speaker 5: We really do have a great community though. That's the thing. It's like, you know, you're sitting here mentioning you know, Melanie Nurse Kim, and it's like there's just there's so many more. We have so many good people on our side and so many people that are just out there fighting the fight and you know, having the voices be heard.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and we're just gonna keep getting larger.
Speaker 2: Yep, we are. We are. We've got a lot of positivity, and we will set something.
Speaker 4: Up Love Winds.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's one hundred months, no Love Winds. Do you like to self edit where I almost curse, but then I don't be a trice so I get another five points? Okay, So yeah, so we will see you. We'll plan something out for January and have some sort of meal of food where we won't be bothered by Mcalberts and uh, and we'll get together and yuck it up a little bit, all right, and I'll wear this. I wore this flowered shirt. These two right.
Speaker 4: Here, nice thanks. I love flowers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right on, behalf of my homies that we're talking about right here, Beatrice and Chen. This is DJ peace Out, One Love. We'll see you down the road. And we're always wondering what is up around the Bend.