Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six on demand.
Speaker 2: Do you okay here with that brooker? All right, I'm good, Yeah, no, we're good. Everything's out of control, yeah, very good. Good Chinese food getting the wave of news. Okay, first of all, it's pie.
Speaker 3: Shut it.
Speaker 4: Everything's out of control.
Speaker 5: Very serious news happening over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of serious news, I had a fight this week. And I don't know if you've ever gotten to a fight with friends and coworkers, but this was a hell of a row. And you know, Friday was pie day and one of the guys in the office with whom I almost never agree said something about cheesecake and speaking of pie, the cheesecake is really good. And one of my other friends said cheesecake isn't a pie, it's a cake. And I hated to agree with the dude that said cheesecake is a pie, but it's a pie, and the other it's a cake. It's right there in the name. It's not a cake. You don't bake it. And we're gonna baked pie either. Okay, it's got a crust and a filling. It's a pie and they know it's cake, like, okay, Well, then what is key lime pie. That's pie. It's in the name. It's the same thing. It's a crust with a filling. So you know, there are people in my life that I have to I have to really consider at this point, I'm thinking of I'm thinking of unfriending some actual friends actually go on. According to Google, Google's lie is a hybrid.
Speaker 5: I just read the same thing. It's it's its own third category.
Speaker 2: M It's like plasma, right what, Yeah, plasma is like it's not a liquid. It's not a solid.
Speaker 5: Oh, I was thinking of like blood plasma in your.
Speaker 2: Bloody Okay, Now, now my reference was a bit. It's a.
Speaker 6: Says it's more accurately classified as a custard pie or a tart.
Speaker 2: You're a tart. I knew you were gonna see it. I just knew it. You knew you set them up pretty obvious. Did you guys see the polls that came out here? Nobody likes the Democrats right now, the Democratic Party's favorability rankings among Americans standing at a record low, many of the parties saying publicly that their leaders should do more to stand up to President Trump. Democrats and Democratic Aligned Independence say fifty seven forty two Democrats should mainly work to stop the Republican agenda rather than working with the GOP majority to get some Democratic ideas into legislation. So they're saying this is just terrible. And you've seen Chuck Schumer has dealt with the fallout. Some are saying that he capitulated, he gave in, he's weak, there's no spine, this sort of thing. They want to see fight, fight fight. I don't see the value in that, and I know I'm gonna have some of my Democratic friends get mad at me. What what shut down the government? And who are gonna play? Democrats are already unpopular right now, and then you're gonna shut down the government. The Republicans in the past, when they shut down the government, it's because they're trying to be sticks in the mud, right They want to go, we're not gonna we're gonna shut down the governmentunless you give us what we want. And then they pout. And then you've got Democrats that are like, well, that's what we should do. Either you are gonna play the game or you're not gonna play the game. And the Democrats in the past have said, we're not playing this game, right the Republicans going, no, this is the game. We're writing the rules. And so they wrote the rules, and now Democrats have a chance to play the game, and the leadership goes, we're not shutting the country down. I know the problem that Schumer has that he said earlier in the week that he would but it was dumb. Is dumb. You're gonna shut the government down, and then what then you're putting everybody out of business, So you're trying to save doge cuts by what cutting everybody? It doesn't make any sense. And now then next time that the Democrats have controlled and the Republicans want to play this game, then they can say, look, we didn't play this game when you had the upper hand. So you know, I mean, well, it's weakness how you have to get things done. So I don't, I don't. I don't think it was a poor decision because I like to see some modicum of function happening in DC, and shutting the government down is the epitome of dysfunction. Meanwhile, let me see who was Yeah A bild of Blasio, former New York City mayor, was on News Nation talking about the issues within the party. Because obviously you're not going to have more than fifty percent supporting the party because fifty percent of the country doesn't agree with the party, so already you're gonna below fifty percent. Now, what's happening is the Democrats don't know what direction they want to go in. You've got some that are saying we need to fight, fight, fight. You've got others that are saying we need to buide our time, keep letting Trump be Trump, and he'll he'll do enough damage to himself. And then you have others that are saying, just go along, to get along, just get through a couple of years. Right. So there's just there's dysfunction happening right now. This was de Blasio was on News Nation talking.
Speaker 7: About former Democratic mayor of New York City Builds A Blasio mayor.
Speaker 8: Your party in DC deeply divided over this government funding bill.
Speaker 3: How do Democrats now move forward?
Speaker 9: Well, Hannah, we've got issues, so we have some.
Speaker 2: Real things to resolve.
Speaker 9: But I also want to say this was a kind of impossible choice, let's be honest about it. As a result of the election, we were dealing with a Senate reality where it was going to be a bad outcome, no matter what Now, Where was the mistake? I would say it was in not setting the stage properly. This is where the Democratic leadership has said, Hey, everyone, this is what we're really dealing with, and if we're going to make this compromise choice to buy into this bill, it's simply so we can live to fight another day. And it's because we want to keep all the pressure on Donald Trump and Elon Musk for what they're doing to this country, what they're doing to the economy, what they're doing to working people. That would have been a coherent message to get people ready for sort of the shock of having to accept this thing.
Speaker 1: Look, this has happened.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 9: Now the real question is can Democrats get back on the offensive because there's a lot to work with, and I think a lot of Americans think what Trump and Musk are doing is extreme. So I chalked this one up to it really is. It's a bad situation, but it's one we got to put past us and now get on the offensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, if you're a Democrat, I don't know where you find fault in that. But you've got a lot of Democrats that are like, no, just don't even talk to the Republicans. You've got Republicans advising Democrats don't talk to the Republicans. Adam Kinsinger was on CNN. He was on a newsroom. Excuse me, he was on CNN talking about Newsom. I can read because did you see in Governor Newsom's latest podcast, which, by the way, that's pretty bold to keep doing more podcasts because it's some point, at some point he's gonna put his foot in his mouth. But he had Bannon, he had Charlie Kirka on last week, and then now he's got Steve Bannon on and Adam King Kinsinger, former Republican congressman, not happy about it.
Speaker 11: I think that's a lesson that we learned after President Trump. And look, you know we disagree on this, but President Trump won the twenty twenty election and we were kind of shattered as a movement when he left Washington, d c. And we had to go back to basics.
Speaker 2: And then, by the way, Bannon was on there and he was still doing the whole election denial thing when he was talking with Newsom, and Newsom didn't really push back.
Speaker 11: To say, you know, it can't be somebody else do something. You know, we had to do something, and that's where we went back to really a pure populist movement to go at the grassroots, the precinct strategy and kind of rebuild ourselves from there.
Speaker 12: Well, and I appreciate the notion of agency that we're not by I'm sorry, that's that was Bannon speaking.
Speaker 2: And then this is from the podcast, by apologies as standards in the world.
Speaker 12: It's decisions, not conditions that determine our fade in future.
Speaker 2: All right, So then Newsom comes back, just speaks some platitudes. What does he say here? There's nothing, he says.
Speaker 12: Well, and I appreciate the notion of agency that we're not bystanders in the world. It's decisions, not conditions that determine our fade in future.
Speaker 2: That's just a catchphrase. It's decisions, not conditions that decide our fate.
Speaker 3: Come on, as you can see there, Newsom just.
Speaker 2: And then the CNN hosts, she'd laying it on pretty thick here let it go.
Speaker 3: He didn't check Bannon's election. Lie, So are these current Democrats the ones to meet the moment? Well, who knows, But you know, I listened to that podcast and it was like one of those things where it's like, that's the only thing you can hear. Yeah, yeah, I was like wait what. It was almost like Bannon was expecting to pushback and it never came yes, So then he just continued.
Speaker 2: Look, this is kinsing your hair. Look, this is.
Speaker 13: The uh so Newsom is very transparently running for president. I always thought he was kind of a he'll be whatever he needs to be a politician.
Speaker 1: This is way worse.
Speaker 13: Look, there are many of us that actually, I'm not saying this for sympathy, but basically sacrificed a career taking on people like Steve Bannon. Newsom is trying to build a career by somebody like Steve Bannon.
Speaker 2: This is not This isn't.
Speaker 13: Joanah Goldberg coming on and talking about the differences between conservative and this is a guy who said who basically built his supporters by the way for a fake wall, went to jail for not coming to Congress, said right before January sixth that this was going to be basically it's going to blow your socks off. What happens like this is a bad man and to platform him and think that somehow, I don't know what Newsom thinks he's gonna win by.
Speaker 2: This yeah, I do. Newsom thinks he's going to talk with some of Bannon's people. He's going to portray himself as a guy that's willing to talk and willing to listen to other sides so that he can paint himself as someone who wants to bring function back to DC. That's the long term goal on this.
Speaker 10: And.
Speaker 2: I mean he's going to lean into that. Whether it works or doesn't work will remain to be seen. But people, how dare he platform? Manon's popular, He's popular among the people on the right. Charlie Kirk is popular among the people on the right. And incidentally, Charlie Kirk I've done with that interview with Newsom goes on Fox News and then bad mouse Newsom for being the worst governor in America and YadA, YadA, YadA. But Newsom's gonna try to paint himself as the guy who's willing to speak to even the most extreme because we have to be able to talk. We can't function if we don't talk and listen to one another. That's it. That's what he's doing. In the meantime, we're watching what's going on in DC, and is it possible this is the last good Saint Patrick's Day. You're gonna find out why I say that. Next, Chris Merril k I AM six forty were live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand, right, Chris.
Speaker 2: Merril KFI AM six forty. More stimulating talk. And is this going to be the last great Saint Patrick's Day? I think it's possible. And here's why. We can drink domestic beer with green food coloring, but Saint Patrick's Day. You want to drink Guinness, don't you. We can drink Jack Daniels, but for Saint Patrick's say, you want to drink Jamison, don't you? I mean, we can drink other Irish creams that are made here, but we want Bailey's, don't we. Yep, As we know, Saint Patrick's Day well known as a drinking holiday. And now it looks like we could have massive tariffs on all of the booze from overseas.
Speaker 14: President Trump is escalating his trade war now, threatening to impose a massive tariff on European alcohol. This response to the EU's retaliation against his steel and aluminum tariffs. The President saying if the European Union goes forward with its plan to add a fifty percent tariff on American whiskey, then he will impose a two hundred tariff on all European wine, champagne, and spirits. Trump's threats of additional tariffs comes after the EU announced plans just yesterday to slap tariffs on twenty eight billion dollars worth of US goods. Those EU tariffs were in response to Trump's tariffs on steel and aluminum imports.
Speaker 2: Wow, just for perspective, what I mean? Obviously the wine from Italy, which that could be good for US, right, they could be good for California, but for somebody like me who loved Scotch, Nope, Scotch has to come from Scotland. Otherwise you can't call it Scotch in the same way that you can't call champagne champagne unless it comes from Champagne region in France. So that would be out. You'd have sparkling wine from here on out. No Jamison, no Scotch. What about what else? No Italian wines? What else am I missing? Guys? I mean? Tequila? Right? Tequila? Well, that comes from Mexico. So yeah, So if he if he imposes the tariffs on all alcohols, then that would mean tequila too. Yes, but if it's just European countries, then tequila would be spared. But you're right, tequila has to come from from Mexico.
Speaker 5: All those German beers, Oh is it German beer?
Speaker 15: October Fest canceled, canceled.
Speaker 2: You talk about a cancel culture.
Speaker 5: I mean I am leaving if that happened, moving to Canada, moving to Canada, drink Crown Royal.
Speaker 2: It's all IM gonna do, no long I'm going to Canada. Let me see. Oh now, why are the European countries and Canada. You've seen Canada that's encouraging people to drink Canadian alcohol. Don't drink American whiskeyes. You see that they are specifically targeting red states. They're doing this in order to impose the maximum pain on the president. So they want this to affect everyone that voted for Trump. The other countries are saying, your elections have consequences, So China targeting corn farmers and car makers, Canada putting tariffs and poultry plants and air conditioning manufacturers, Europe hitting the American steel mills and slaughterhouses, and overwhelmingly this is affecting the Trump counties. Now, part of this, too is just sort of natural demographics. And by that I mean Harris did really well. The Democrats do really well in heavily populated areas. Generally speaking, urban and suburban areas tend to vote more democratically, rural areas tend to vote more conservatively. Part of that has to do with the individual rugged individualism versus it takes a village sort of mentality that that urban areas have. There's a lot of different perspectives that play into this. But also when it comes to manufacturing, a great deal of manufacturing comes from the rural counties, the blue collar counties, right, And so as a result, products that are going to be tariffed. If you tariff products that are manufactured here, more manufacturing goes on in red counties. It's just the way it is now. We do have a lot, we do have some manufacturing that are in blue states and even blue counties, especially when you think of the Bay Area and you've got chip production and software production and that sort of thing. But largely, I mean, if you talk about agriculture, red states and especially Red counties, I mean you talk about the alcohol you're talking about Kentucky, Tennessee. You're talking about the Red States, right, if you talk about some of these other it's coming from the Red States and red counties because they are the producers as opposed to the managers that tend to be in the city centers. Stands to reason. But it also is a benefit to these other countries that are intentionally trying to make sure that Trump feels the most pain. He wants his voter. These other countries want his voters to turn on him. That's their plan. Okay, Can I ask a question? You may go ahead, yes, roll in the back.
Speaker 6: How does this affect duty free like at the airport? First, I don't know. That's a good question.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the tariffs affect that or how they affect how they affect that for you you can still keep sneaking things into your luggage.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm just saying, let's just all go to the airport, load up, and then just take off.
Speaker 2: Oh and then not pay any tariffs at all. There you go? Is that what the thing? Okay? All right, I'll follow your lead. You go, I'll I'll be right behind you. We'll just see how it works when the irs comes knocking on your door. I'll go it. It was his plan. It was all his plan. I have no idea. That's a good question. We'll bing that during the break. In the meantime, I spent all day long today not watching the marathon. I know a lot of you were fixated on it. I was watching the madness because the greatest two days in American sports are this week. How well you're preparing for it is next Chris Merril AM six forty. We're live everywhere in the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand Chris Merril AM six forty more stimulating talk and on demand anytime in the iHeartRadio App.
Speaker 2: Remember you can always hit that talk back button on the app too, and let us know what you're thinking. If you hear me say something you don't like, feel free to yell me. If you hear me say something that could have been funnier, feel free to give me a better punch line. I love it. The madness of March is upon us. The greatest two days in American sports are Thursday and Friday. I have a very long road trip plan for Thursday and Friday. I'm in for Bill Handle the next three mornings, so my apologies in advance. Then Thursday Friday, I got to do cross country road trip. I have to take my dog. I have to drive my dog to Michigan because my dog's too fat to fly. Who knew, yep, too fat to fly, and so we have to drive her. So my wife and I are gonna do that. We're gonna drive the dog to Michigan. I'll be I will not be here next Sunday. But what my wife doesn't know is that I planned this road trip specifically for Thursday Friday because I knew that there would be something to listen to, and so that's what I wanted to do. That was my plan all along. And I'm not sad about it either. So she doesn't know that the whole plan was to schedule this road trip when there would be NonStop basketball games all day long going on. But she's about to find out. Meanwhile, we got the breakdown the tournament brackets. I'm trying to think how many California schools did we get in here? Some of these schools. To be honest, I don't even know, uh where is uh? Where's Mount Saint Mary's here Rob, Well, I'm gonna throw them out. You tell me if you know where they are. I know Saint Mary's, the California school Where's Mount Saint Mary's. No, no clue, no no idea. We just see here I will.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's down south and like in the South Bay South Bay are No.
Speaker 2: No, no, but it's it's near. It's in the m A A C. Conference. So it's with a bunch of New York schools Manhattan, Ionia, Sacred Heart, Niagara. Yeah. Yeah, that's Mount Saint Mary's. Yeah. See, this is the time of year when we learn about schools we otherwise had never heard of.
Speaker 5: We're just so focused on La and So Carolina.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so we do know that we've got San Diego State easy and they've got a playoff game. They'll take on North Carolina. So go astecs. You see San Diego plays my Michigan Wolverines. That's a twelve five seeds. A lot of people here to be taking you see San Diego. In fact, I got a buddy that grew up in ann Arbor and he's very concerned. He says, we got a bad draw. His Michigan Wolverines got a bad draw. You see. San Diego is really good. They're underrated, so that's a great team, he said. But Michigan just won the Big Ten Conference, so a lot of stuff there. Where's Lipscomb. I don't know the Lipscomb Bisons. Well, Bison sounds like it's a Midwest thing, right, they look like they're in the South. They played teams like Arkansas, West, Georgia, Eastern Kentucky, Jacksonville. Okay, who else? Bro who else? Yeah, I'm looking it up to help me here. I know I know Saint Mary's U see San Diego, San Diego State, UCLA that was the one you were excited about because you're a Wooden fan, right, I'm a big Wooden fan. Yeah. Overall my doctors are from UCLA, so I want them. Okay a, right, pretty well represented into the bracket. The top fourteen. By the way, if you're filling out your bracket, Auburn, Duke, Houston, and Florida. And I'm I'm telling you this. If you are a casual fan who only pays attention to college basketball when those brackets came out, come out, excuse me and be honest. You pay attention Thursday Friday when everybody else in the office is doing it. If you are not a basketball fan, you may or may not watch any of the games on Saturday Sunday. But then after that, if your bracket is busted, as most of us will be after the first weekend, you don't even pay attention after Oh, Gonzaga too, right, Zags? No Gonzag is it? It's a matter with me? I don't know. Sorry, Nope, my fault. Sorry, you're not paying attention beyond this. So this is really the only weekend for many of you that you'll pay attention to any college basketball at all. I love it, and I love I love one of the things about my jobs that I get to work around sports people. They're all smarter than me, but they all think I'm paying attention like they are. So they go, oh, oh, man, did you see the big man from Mississippi State, Oh the way that he does that drop step? And I go, I don't even know what those words are. I mean, I do, but I'm not paying attention. I couldn't name one player, I couldn't name any of them. You know, I have a passing, passing interest in some of the schools. I got to pay attention to who's doing well, and maybe there's some outstanding players, but generally speaking, no, I don't pay real close attention either. But bolly, they just think, oh, you're a sports fan. You must be able to tell me about how the lobos are looking this year. What No, I don't. I don't have any idea. So you gotta be a little bit careful with them too, because they see they pay attention to politics, and they want to talk to you about politics, and I have to inform them and I don't pay attention to that either, and they go, what do you talk about? I honestly, I don't really know. I don't talk about sports. I don't talk about politics. I just talk about all the other stuff that matters to us, Like when it comes to the brackets, I'm not so concerned with who's playing. I mean, personally, am but as far as the radio show goes, I don't care so much. What I care about is how much money I can make, because that's the interesting thing. If you don't pay attention to college basketball, you will still bet on college basketball. And I know sports betting not legal, but you're gonna get into an office pool. Everybody's willing to throw five or ten bucks, maybe twenty into an office pool because they know it's a crap shoot. They know they've got a cheat sheet. The bracket tells you who's favorite in each game. They've got seatings, and then you maybe pick a team based on where your daughter went to college or what color their jerseys are. My wife did a serial killer bracket years ago, Brooker, pay attention to this. You're gonna like it. My wife watches a lot of that, the investigation Discovery, and listens to the true crime podcasts. And so one year she decided to put together her most evil bracket. And so she went through and schools that were in states that had the worst serial killers. She would pick them to win. Right, So she would go, well, Kansas, says really well, because they had bt K. Yeah, that's how she thinks. Yeah, And I go, what about University Wisconsin Madison, No, they're not in this year, you know, excuse me, Wisconsin actually is Madison. They're a three seat but Marquette for instance, right, and they're in as well, two schools from Wisconsin. And she goes, well, they had ed Geen and he was a very bad serial killers, so I would give them some definitely that would be a good one. And I'd say, well, what do you think about Duke. She goes, North Carolina is not really known for their serial killers, so I'd have them losing the first round, and I go, but they're the Duke is really good. They've got the best player in the nation. She says, that's not how my bracket works. But she would also overpick a lot of California schools because she go, California's got so many serial killers, and she would just start listing them off, you know, and you've got Highway killers, and you've got and then of course you've got Zodiac and you've got and she just started going down the list of serial killers and she goes, oh, I'm gonna have to bump some of these schools up because the serial killers. And you know what pain me is I think she finished third that year in the office pool.
Speaker 5: That was my next question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did she do it really well? Okay, yeah, she did really well. Finished third. Pissed me off.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe there isn't so much of assignance to it, like all of you boys put on these bracket thingies. Maybe it's just supposed to be for funsies.
Speaker 2: It is, it is, and I had to support her with her, you know her. And how many women win because they like the mascots or they like the color of the uniforms, or they think the coach is cute or something, and.
Speaker 5: All men don't be sexist men also.
Speaker 2: Then also they pick based on whether or not the coach is cute or yeah, all those things. Sure, yeah, I get it, I get it. Pisses me off as far as people in the workplace, your workplace needs to be doing a bracket or else people want out.
Speaker 4: March Maddness roars into the issues that managers these days must juggle.
Speaker 2: Oh the managers these days.
Speaker 15: March Benness says that huge draw negatively on worker productivity.
Speaker 4: Human resource specialist Zach Bombbatch says March maddness is a way to ward off winter madness.
Speaker 15: It's really the most exciting thing going on, so just draws a lot of people to it, and there's just a lot of fanfare. So it's all established that businesses can expect to lose a lot of productivity during these few weeks.
Speaker 4: But he says that loss of productivity can turn into a positive if management embraces the mood.
Speaker 2: That's right, embrace it then will be more productive.
Speaker 15: Well, they need to embrace it because it's really at this point in inevitability. It's going to happen. People are going to be following the tournament, they'll be checking in in their brackets, they'll be looking at the games, and at this point you might as well embrace it.
Speaker 4: In fact, bomb Batche says, employers can use the tournament for team building.
Speaker 15: Especially if you've got folks who really want to be in the office versus folks who don't. This might be a great intersection for both of them to come together, interact and finally find a little bit more of that camaraderie around that we've been talking about.
Speaker 2: Bombay, No, no, because let me tell you, if you have a hybrid work environment, you do not want to be in the office on Thursday Friday. If you're a college basketball fan, you want to be at home working so that you can work at your computer and then have the TV on in the corner. Fact, you don't want to have the boss there. Even if the boss is a sports fan, you don't want to be like, oh, yeah, I guess we could watch the game together, boss. Nope, you want to be working from home when nobody's watching you. Fact. But if you have to be in the office, at least there's something else going on. All right, it's a wild kingdom. Bad news for one of the most popular animals in California, and even worse news for a very popular influencer. I'll tell you why that is. Next. Chris Meryl Cafiam six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Chris Merril Cafiam six forty more stimulating talk on demand anytime the iHeart Radio app programming Note. I'm in for Bill Handle for part of this week anyway, first few days, so ul you join me tomorrow morning. Looking forward to doing that right and early? What is the soonest that I can go to sleep? Roll? Did you record the first hour of the show. Maybe we just replay that and I can go to bed now. I got to get up at o dark thirty or something that. Sorry fun, I'm sorry, man, I know you don't like it. You don't like those early mornings. See I wake up at one pm. Oh I wish you also work night gigs. Yeah, I wake up when I'm done sleeping put it tally yeah, all right, fair enough, fair enough. Tragic news in the Animal Kingdom Big Bears beloved Bald Eagle couple Jackie in Shadow, it looks like they've had very difficult news, tough news.
Speaker 7: To share out of Big Bear. This afternoon, the friends of the Big Bear Valley have confirmed that one of Jackie in Shadows Eaglitz, has died. On the left, a live look at the bald Eagle's nest right.
Speaker 2: Now, can't see it radio.
Speaker 7: On the right, there for.
Speaker 2: You is video from yesterday.
Speaker 7: Again radio, where only two of the three chicks were there. The snow has melted somewhat in the nest, and the organization now says that makes the body of the chick partially visible in the nest bowl that's on the right side. They say they're not yet sure what exactly happened, and they aren't yet sure which chick it was because they were all relatively close in size.
Speaker 2: It's so sad. Everyone was hoping, oh well, we were all rooting because Jackie and Shadow had such a tough time with their eggs hatching in the past, and then it looked like all three eggs were going, oh like we got three of them. When it was two, we went two two out of three, ain't bad. And then we thought, oh, good dude, three and then that storm hit. I don't know if you sign any of the footage of the I don't know it's Jackie's shadow, I have any idea. But one of the birds that was what do they call that birding, nesting whatever, covering the other ones while it was dealing with the winds and the snow, and it was wild. Man, it was wild to watch. And I was thinking the whole time because I'm a dope when it comes to these things. Just to be clear, the mama bird, I guess, stood up after the snow had kind of you know, petered out a little bit, and then shook all the snow off of her wings and her feathers and whatnot to reveal the chicks that were underneath. And I thought the whole time she was sitting on the kids, and generally don't sit on the kids, but birds do that. So like I know that when it comes to rearing animals, sometimes you have, for instance, livestock will accidentally roll over their own young. It happens, and it happens far too often. It's tragic, but uh, I don't know. If maybe it was one of those deals where maybe the bird suffocated. Well, uh, well mom was trying to protect it. I don't know. I'm not a burden marian, so I don't know these things. Meanwhile, you've got an American tourist who is it.
Speaker 16: Influence and the influences are the bane of my existence, who decided she was going to go all in on wombat thefts.
Speaker 2: This quart a baby wombat.
Speaker 8: This video, shared widely on social media, appears to show American tourist Sam Jones picking up and running away with a wild baby wombat in Australia, as its mother chases after her distressed.
Speaker 5: Let's let him go.
Speaker 10: I think the first time I saw this video, I felt rage, rage, and you know, just it means anger for what she's done.
Speaker 8: Wombats are protected by Australian law. Now the country is examining her visa to see if she's reached its conditions.
Speaker 17: Is just an outrage. And you know, I suggest to this so called influencer.
Speaker 2: I love it. He hates influencers as much as I do.
Speaker 17: Maybe she might try some other Australian animals. Take a baby crocodile from its mother and see how you go there.
Speaker 10: The way that she's.
Speaker 2: Don't encourage influencers. Don't do that because listen, we have American influencers that will take your advice. Don't give them bad advice.
Speaker 10: The way that she's carrying the baby and running with it is really bad. You know, there's a lot of pressure on that baby's fine, that's just not how we carry them. Picking up a baby separating them from their mum obviously always a bad idea.
Speaker 2: The Australians are as mad at this influencer for picking up a baby wombat and running away as we would be if some Australian influencer decided to steal one of the Eglitz out of the nest for Jackie in Shadow. Imagine if one of those burgs got taken by some tourists. Yeah right, you'd be upset. That's how Australians feel right now. I correct, I got the baby wombat.
Speaker 13: I correct.
Speaker 2: Look for this video on her new site only firs.
Speaker 8: It's not clear when the video was shot, but the location appears to be a country road somewhere in southeastern Australia.
Speaker 2: Well, that narrows it down where.
Speaker 8: Most wambots live. The video has since reportedly been deleted from the TikTok and Instagram accounts it was uploaded to. Jones has not responded to CNN's request for comment.
Speaker 2: I wonder why. Probably because she lawyered up and they said, just shush, don't say anything, keep your mouth shut. At this point, it's gonna be in everyone's best interest, all right. Every week we do it, there's no business like it's as you qu every week we do it. There's no business like show business. Oh that was really good. Was just so good. Thank you so much. I'm glad we have Kayla on tape to do that and weak. Unbelievable, unbelievable, just unbelievable, Shelvisess, that's what I was looking for. Perfect, That's exactly what I wanted to Thank you. KFI AM six forty We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio
Speaker 1: App, KFI AM six forty on demand