Speaker 1: I literally was sitting there and I could not advance this morning because you know, somebody's like, ah, I could you know, I could do the full speed and uh in my car that doesn't have front wheel drive or four wheel drive. So seriously, be careful out there this morning. That is all I'm going to say. Okay, not because I don't trust your ability to go ahead and drive. Sorry, I'm literally move because I'm on a secondary microphone because for some reason, my main one is disconnected. Oh what a morning? What a morning. That's okay, we'll go ahead and we're going to truck right through this thing. Uh, do not Ross? How is the commune I'm in? Just for everyone. I am in Greensboro in the Greensboro studio. Ross is in the Raleigh studio. He sent me a photo yesterday because I asked him. I'm like, how is it over in in wake Forest where he lives, and he sent me a photo that I'm almost sure is the ice wall for the flat Earth people, and not the actual amount of snowfall in wake Forest, which would require a glacier. But I don't know for sure.
Speaker 2: So you know what the funny thing is?
Speaker 3: Yesterday on the weather app there, which it was like no snow, no snow, no snow, no snow. And then suddenly it was like, hey, you're gonna get like four hours of snow. So I woke up this morning like an hour early to come to work right right, right clean. After car everything's fine. The road's in wake Forest and like Wakefield leading into Raleigh, like you can't see the road. It's sort of like I think, I think I'm on the road and I'm gonna, you know, I'm gonna make sure i'm gonna I'm driving the appropriate speed and I'm gonna make sure my braking is okay. And then when you cross over like past five forty Downfalls of Noose, right when you get that that that exit there, suddenly you can see the road.
Speaker 1: It was like it's like South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When you're driving, you're driving, you're like, oh, this interstate is Interstate E. This is now? Oh my god, what happened? And then you're in South Carolina. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, certain portions of it. You still had to like, you know, be careful right when you're right, be careful. And the side roads are still bad. But like Atlantic was fine, falls, the news was fine. The parking light here at the radio station was all sort of messed up, so it's like where you want to park so you can leave at the end of the show because I don't feel like sleeping here, right, Yeah, all that kind of stuff. But it was super weird because driving from wake Forest through Wakefield, it was like, this is bad.
Speaker 1: It was uh So I left my so I'm broadcasting in Greensboro, uh or more specifically our studios at high Point. I left the hotel that I stay at in high Point and uh last night at eight to go to uh well, I tried. I was trying to go to the Wendy's down the street, like this is not fine dining. I was seeking and the McDonald's and the Wendy's nearest the hotel were closed. And this was at eight. Found the McDonald's over on sixty eight on east Chester was open and it was hard to see. This morning, I woke up and I'm like, I can see the roads. Looks okay, there's no more snow. The on the suv. It's gonna be fine. But then I realized right as I got towards the radio station, some of you suck at driving. You know who you are well, I mean legally, if I pulled the thing, we actually have names. But like it was worse last night, and yet this morning they're like, nah, you can't drive over here. So I ended up having to do this, like this weird roundabout I made it with like I don't know, two minutes into the station, and that's and and and that's slightly on me. But there's like a window where I go through all of these websites in the morning and I uh, I you know, so whatever you have, be careful, Okay, just be careful. Plans some extra minutes, or be in a situation where it's not the end of the world if you're a little late. Okay, all right, rock on. That's where we're gonna be. I sa I literally I have nothing booted up other than my microphone because it's just that kind of morning. But uh, you know, we'll, we'll, we'll truck through. There's lots to get to coming up on the show. H'm I'm done, I'm I have I have no more energy. I'm literally I I am going to offer myself up as a tribute to get rid of Tom tillis I I I'm I can't with this guy. Anymore. I'm just out. And you know, frankly, I'm gonna I will compromise my own rules. And I'm ross you've known me for over a decade. I'm not your political activist host. Correct, that is correct, that is a hundred I'm willing to be that guy. I'm just done, you know why, because I'm having so much friggin fun right now with all of the things that are available to fix and handle and do, and I will not have that garbage human standing in the way. So if I have to compromise myself to accomplish it, I'm willing to do it. And I and I didn't. I didn't just jump on this. I had an amazing nap yesterday because that is the one thing that is the one thing that this kind of weather will provide for you, amazing napping conditions. And so it is post snap as I'm sitting there and I'm getting ready to put show prep together, I'm just like, I'm done. What can I do?
Speaker 4: And I.
Speaker 1: Realize that it's in a way I'm offering myself for tribute. Maybe not in the way it means in the movie, but you understand, Okay.
Speaker 3: I've never known you because yeah, we have like fifteen years or something. I've never known you to be right to vote for this, dude. Don't vote for this dude. You've never done it ever, ever.
Speaker 2: But you saw the tweets. I just not seen the tweets. I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't anymore. I refuse to allow the cancer that is Tom Tillis to f up this window, this opportunity. And it's not because I necessarily. Here's the thing, there are parts of me that agree with Tom tillis his take on some of the JA sixers. This is what's crazy. We're not far off, but he's such a garbage piece of garbage, which is a new phrase I just invented. I can't anymore. And I refuse to sit here and let n see GOP. People go, well, if you say something and he gets in and the Democrat gets in, it's on you. No, it's not on me. It's on you. That's your boy, and you didn't wrangle your boy, you didn't handle your boy, So screw that. So I'll give you the terms of this and we'll go from there, and then we'll talk about fun stuff and unfun stuff, and I don't care. But I'm just done I'm absolutely and deal with Adam Schiff and his people trying to crap all over this and trying to stop it. I recognize that I will not deal with a member of the gop let alone, a Senator or a congressman from the state of North Carolina. It will not happen. It's done. That person needs fired into the sun. Okay, we're done. And if that means that I got to sit here and I have to associate myself, not because I mind individuals, but because it's a if I have to compromise my own rules, I will do that, and I will do that because I'm in a position to do that. Does that make sense, I'll explain the details. Okay, it's six point fifteen. Thank god, the equipment's working. Thank god. Ross got a pardon yesterday. I saw that, buddy, Is that you gotta pardon? Yes? Say good for you, Good for you.
Speaker 2: I was super excited. I was like, I don't know what it's for, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mister Ross, Uh is your real name? Ulbrich? I didn't. I didn't know. Sometimes the radio people use different days. I don't know. We'll research it, we'll figure it out, we'll do it. Coming up hang on my coffee final Sorry, it was an emergency, had to go make coffee. And then the thing was like, dah, we don't want to work this morning, and then uh, you know, here we be. So I just I hit my breaking point yesterday. And it would have been great if it was you know, I went out and was bar hopping with friends and just you know, posted like a drunk tweet or text or anything. But I didn't. I stewed yesterday. I sat there because the weather was coming in. I'm broadcasting in our Greensboro facility this morning, so we're all week and just chilling, and I just I hit a breaking point sitting here and watching what is supposed to be the GOP elected. Now, I just want to point out I am not a member of the party. It probably wouldn't let me in, as I've spent so many minutes on the radio imploring people not to send them money when they do stupid stuff. That being said, as I sat there yesterday and I recognized the opportunity that we have and let me And I haven't hit ross with this ross. What is your level of excitement for the first, let's just say month of the Trump thing in the fire hose concept that we talked about yesterday, where it's just there's so many things screwed up. There's so many things unusual with this last administration up to and including the fact that the president frankly wasn't presidenting where you recognize you gotta go ahead, and you gotta get this stuff in there, and and and and anything that stands in the way is essentially seen as an Adam Schiff. How what's your excitement level for this too? Overwhelm the system with common sense, if you had, if you had to, if you had to pick, because that's where I'm at, That's where I'm I'm sitting here, and I'm just like hit them with everything because they so deviated from what you know, the normal human stuff as recognized within the within the election. That is that's one of the things that is very exciting to me. And so then I have to ask myself, Okay, so what's standing in the way, And you know, and Adam Schiff coming out and going elon did a Nazi salute, and so and so is saying this, Pete hegg Seth, we we just got a letter. We just got a letter, and this is all It's so horrible and uh, Pam BONDI the AG. We don't want to have an AG, so we're gonna pause her hearing for seven days. You're facing all of that, and I can deal with all of that because I expect all of that. And then I see Tom Tillis in a hallway pretending like this thing with the J sixers is a big problem for him because cops and that son of a bitch, we'll get one of those in do not dump that. I haven't heard a peep from him over the fact that the former president or the people around him were pardoning and lessening sentences for people who did things like I don't know, killed two FBI officers, killed children, torture children in front of parents before killing them, going back to the commutations of the death row inmates, like, I haven't heard the passion, and I'm just done. I've had a seating hatred for the attitude that I've seen from so many Washington politicians, and I don't allow myself to give into activism, but on this one occasion, I will. If the North Carolina GP does not withdraw their support from Tom tillis my only hobby for the next two years, is carving in to your roughly one hundred thousand or eighteen thousand, depending on which race margin. And I can do that standing on my head with the ratings and the following we have here. You're done. That's it. And if I'm done and I'm wrong, then so be it. We're done. He's done, he needs to go. He's out because your alternative and you will sit here and you will blame me for it. Is that. Well, you're gonna cost us a seat. No, I'm giving you two years notice. You get rid of him, and you get somebody in here. Use somebody in here who's just not a giant, vile piece of garbage. Okay, at least he's not a right Cooper, which is what a lot of people think. That's why I'm giving two years notice. There's no excuse. Okay, giving two years notice the North Carolina And here is the offer I'm willing to serve up. I am willing to compromise my own rules. Okay, if the North Carolina GOP will excommunicate Tom Tillis and say, you know what, this is not the guy. We're gonna get the guy, and we're gonna win what is obviously gonna be a hard fought battle. Yes, I know we're going against Roy Cooper, but we can't have a piece of garbage in there anymore. I will indorse your candidate post vetting. I mean, like it was Freddy Krueger. I'm not going to. And I've never endorsed a candidate. Ross. Have I ever endorsed a candidate ever in the time that you've worked with me, which is over a decade. He's shaking his head.
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 1: I will. That's crazy town. I swore I would never do that, but I refuse to miss this window of opportunity to rectify what has been a bastardization of how we do things in this country. I'm angry, and I just want to have fun. I just want to talk about Lauren Sanchez's boobs and Mark Zuckerberg's inability to look away. Dudes love boobs, breaking news this morning, That's what I want to talk I want to talk about Ross Olbrich getting a pardon. But you know, Ross being Ross, you know having fun that it's him. That's what I want to talk about. But I refuse, and I have not gone there on the offense of this guy. And I firmly believe he's such a piece of garbage that people around him will attempt to come after me, and I don't care. Trust me, I have a a bit of buffering that I've created for myself. What is that way? Hold up? Boston Paul is a Boston Paul. Get on the winning team.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: You sound like you're having your period. You know what? Who cares? I've just done. I was so angry sitting there, and I don't allow myself to get over that side of it without a little bit of humor there. The humor is gone because I recognize that we are in a precarious window right now. We're in a precarious window right now, and I refuse to have Tom Tillis set up, Slender Man or anybody else impede this. We could have gone on if you would have just shut up for like three months. But I don't care anymore. So I'm bypassing you because you're not going to learn. And I am imploring the State GOP, and I am imploring my listeners to reach out to the State GOP Liz chaining him and move on. That's it, And if you do that, I will aid you in your effort to get people in there who either can shut up and help or better be you know, a more expanded part of the solution. That's it. I'll come your stupid event, not call it stupid. I won't smile because I don't ros. He will tell you I don't smile. I won't smile, but I'll say nice things and we will get it done together. But you have one thing you have to do. You have to get rid of him. And I'm a little low CD, which is really weird because I'm simultaneously OCD on things I like and super procrastinator on other things. He's done. It's over, it's gone. It's a failed experiment. He failed Upward for so many years. Screw him. He's out. And you can either fall in line with this or I got two years. You don't think I can shave his margin of victory with the amount of audience an influence that we have built on this show. I promise you I can, which is why people advertise on this show, because we are so effective in reaching so many people. I can't get into details on the air of our ratings, so I will say this, and I want to be very delicate. Ross have you ever worked in a show environment that has the insane ratings and reach that we.
Speaker 2: Have right now at this moment.
Speaker 1: No ever, no never, And that is an under exact And I'm not dragging or Ross can do whatever he wants. I just want to point out this is me. You have no idea and I'm not this guy, and you've made me this guy.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I you know my position on Tom Tail for a long time, Like my initial impression was you can't trust to Tom who spells his name Tom was.
Speaker 2: From the beginning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I called him slender man dude. So you know where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just done, you know why, because it's it's not even if he was just being an a hole to be an a hole, it is one moment. We'd move on and we talk about it. But I'm so there is such an opportunity here. You've radicalized me and maybe I'll get over it, but not on this issue. Gone done, it's over, Or you can work against me. I don't care, you know why, because I have nothing to lose. You explained to me how Roy Cooper, who a lot of people think is going to be any different than the way that this guy's operating, and then ask your self, why won't the ncg OP, having two years notice, do something about it. That's it, that's my morning, that's my goal. And some of you are not gonna like me over it because you want the path of least resistance. But stand for something or stand for nothing. Those are your choices. So by giving this level of notice and and this amount of time, fix it, do something. Sitting here and going I can't believe they did that. I can't believe that. Uh uh, these pardons with the Jay sixers. I've already had an adult conversation, and I would I would have been willing to have one, but I did not see the passion. I did not see the effort when literally a week ago, the former president of the United States or people around him just shoving papers in front of his face, were like, all right, so we got some baby killers, let's go ahead and give them a commutation. Oh this Native American dude, he killed two FBI agents. Commutation for him, like your Oprah handing out cars. Those of you listening to the show right now, you're like, why is this guy screaming? He doesn't do that? You did this to not you, the listeners. You did this to me, and I realized I can't in this time, when there's so much opportunity to accomplish things and change things and do things, I can't have somebody who's one of one hundred votes, and more importantly, is one of you know fifty and you know fifty one to fifty three votes standing in the way. I will not be responsible for that. He has to go. He is Liz Cheney. He's out. He's out, or I'm out. Oh, he's a US center. I got it. And if that's the direction they want to go, fine, he's out. Make it happen or this this is your opposition, choose wisely. All right, that's it, all right, hold on, I'm just looking at my email. I have one, two, three, four or five, six of an eight, nine, ten. I'm counting here, twenty seven, twenty six, twenty five, twenty seven, twenty eight. There's twenty eight people in just a few moments who have taken time I'm out of their morning to be my disciple on this. It's hard getting people, especially early on, to interact with the radio show because they're busy, they just got up, they're doing a shower, many of you are like, oh, I can't imagine writing an email right now. Dude, you know I got two years. I got two years.
Speaker 2: I speak to a lot of people, you know, on social media. I don't know. I don't.
Speaker 3: I can't name one person who's like yay Tom Tillis everyone I know, everyone I talk to, the conversations that like, you know, lunch is yeah, Like I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Email's coming in. Yeah, yeah, it's crazy, man, you did this to me. I'm not this person. Ross, Isn't this person.
Speaker 2: Like you say it's it's sort of like I feel like.
Speaker 3: It's it's not like stunning and brave because everybody hates them.
Speaker 1: No, you know what it is. I gave this a lot of thought last night. It is you know why? Because if you think, if you believe as I do, that he is the level of piece of garbage that he is, let me explain something to you. Do you know what? Do you know the first politician I ever spoke to when I moved to North Carolina, Ross, you don't even know the story because you were with the show Tom Tillis. Do you know why I reached out to him? Because when I first when I first came here and we launched this radio, these two radio stations. One of the things that I was trying to do is secure as a media outlet, our ability to access the North Carolina Legislature's media section. And North Carolina has a system, and the system is that media credentials. Some of you aren't gonna believe me. Media credentials are control by the collective of the media, and I want you to think about that. So if we wanted credentialing at the North Carolina a General Assembly, I had to go through the Press Association, which at the time was the president was Laura Leslie, who, by the way, arguably I have more respect for than Tom Tillis, even though Ril is a constant focus of this show. But the people controlling access for up and coming or new media outlets, i e. Two new radio talk stations, and the Triad and the Triangle are its competitors. It's a horrible system. And my first conversation with Laura Leslie was well, you're not and I'm gonna paraphrase essentially, you're not really a media outlet. And I was. I was taken about. It wasn't about seniority and having workspace We had that conversation and I had a phone conversation with Laura Leslie on this. I didn't need workspace, I didn't need any of it. I needed access for our news department and potentially me, but primarily our news department if they need to go to the legislature to be able to plug in, get audio and do that thing. And when I was when there was pushback on this, I reached out to then. Because Tom Tillis was in a leadership, I reached out to him and I said, look, this isn't right. And the response from his office was who cares? And we had and if I have to go back and pull the audio from twelve years ago, I will do this. This guy, this Cretan, went down. He was at a lobbyist thing down in Florida, and I spent the entire show to prove to him, and I had him pulled out of the meeting, and he was angry. We did an angry interview with Tom Tillis on the air. He was so bothered by the fact that this happened. And yet I said, all right, we'll deal with this. And over the years, every interaction I had. He was a sports car which is the term that we use as code. Okay, And even then I didn't turn And even then and Ross, did I not offer this man interview time and give him an adult and non angry interview on this show twice?
Speaker 2: Dude, I would say more than twice.
Speaker 1: Well, primarily did his last election.
Speaker 2: I should say, yes, of course we.
Speaker 1: Have, and then and and and and uh, this will this will sound petty to you, but it's not because it's not about me. And then I am in a social setting where he is two days after we did an interview, and I said, hey, can I get thirty seconds of his time? And his his goons literally blocked me from talking to a person that I just gave airtime to. And even then, other than you know, to talk about it because we're shooting straight, I wasn't again. I'm just done. You know why, because he's gonna squander this time because he can't shut up. Have you, for people who listened to this show, have you ever heard me this angry? It's not about me, It's about us, and it's about the bastardization and probably the criminal mastardization of the last four years in everything that needs fixed, and he can't shut up. You're my project now. And if you want to come after me whatever, that's fine. You know why, because we're an open book here. So you did this and and and the state party I'm offering I'm offering you as long as we're working towards this. I'm offering you my fealty. But you have to cut this loose. And it's not an easy decision, but it's the right decision. And there will be people in North Carolina who will be angry at me if Tom Tillis loses. And I'm willing to accept that because on the record right now, two years you have two years to fix this and figure out who it is or give us some options, but you will not be part because it only requires a handful. I refuse that this state, especially this state who is only now finding out that there are people in Washington who give a crap about it. Following Helene, I refuse that North Carolina becomes part of the problem. And I don't like party politics, but I like a means to an end. See, y'all are on notice. We'll be back absolutely one percent fair. People are calling ross. Tell me what you just told Tell the audience what you just told me.
Speaker 3: Okause I feel like the same way. Listen, I can't stand Tom Tillis. You know where I stand in the guy. I feel like he's worse than Mitt Romney, Right, That's where I feel for a long time. But this morning, honest to god, all I was focused on is getting here. The show could be on the air and not dying on the streets of wake Forest and Wakefield because they haven't discovered rock salt apparently. So I come in and you're very angry, and I'm like, once again, I understand that Tom Tillis is worthless, but I don't understand what. Why are you feeling this?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: What happened that? Because I don't know? You said, have you seen the tweets? I have not seen the tweets? Okay, And somebody else call in, a wonderful woman and she's like, I.
Speaker 2: Just got up and I have no idea why he's so angry, but your.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, I don't know why he's.
Speaker 2: So angry, but I don't have the internet. Can you tell me why he's so paste off at Tom Tillis?
Speaker 1: I will, I will gladly do that. The problem was is literally we were having I was having a while I was yelling like a lunatic. I was having issues with my button bar, which just got fixed yesterday, which and I will say this because I'm going to be the one who's fair here added to the Tom Tillis hatred, probably because I'm frustrated with it. But everything is one hundred percent where it was that I'm going to explain to you right now what the problem is. Okay, do you all remember, and I understand you're going to have to jump in the wayback machine. Do you remember less than a week ago when the former president of the United States had already commuted basically everybody on federal death row, baby killers, cop killers, you name it. And then just before the inauguration commuted the sentence of a dude who killed two FBI agents. You remember this, right, And then twenty minutes before the swearing inn commuted his entire family, as well as members of Congress, an entire committee, an entire committee, doctor Fauci, and all the rest. And I saw zero passion for speaking against this on the part of Tom Tillis. And then yesterday, following the commutation of fifteen and the outright part in a fifteen hundred ish j six folks, which I was even critical of in the sense that commutation is the vast majority who were hit with charges for doing nothing physical and literally we're charged with the thing that is normally at or fifty dollars fine. And Trump goes and does that, and then our garbage senator sits there in a hallway where so many things are broken, where we are finding out that there is a likelihood that the President of the United States was so incompetent and so gone that activists within his administration we're doing things like pausing natural liquid natural gas exports. In fact, Ross, will you put that cut back up. I'm gonna play this again because I want people to understand why I sound like a lunatic this morning, which is not me, because the Speaker of the House, Mike Johnson, in an interview on Friday, said this.
Speaker 6: Reaches over just like this.
Speaker 7: We're sitting in the right next to the fireplace in the oval and he grazma arm and he says, the Speaker and I just need a couple minutes together. Would y'all just leave us alone? And I looked up on the faces of some of the staff standing around the wall.
Speaker 1: And they're like, no, he did it, so he called it.
Speaker 7: He's the commander in chiefs Ever, he and I are standing awkwardly in the middle of the Oval office, right over the rug by that coffee table, and I said, Miss President, thanks for the moments. You know, this is very important. I got some big national security things I need to talk to you about that I've heard and I think you know and what do we do? But first, real quickly, Miss President, can I ask you a question I cannot answer this from my constituents in Louisiana. Sir, why did you pause LNG exports to Europe? Like I don't understand. You know, liquified natural gas is in great demand by our allies. Why would you do that? Because you understand we just talked about Ukraine. You understand your fuel in Vladimir Putin's war machine because they got to get their gas from him, you know. And he looks at me, stunned with this, and he said, I didn't I didn't do that. I said, Miss President, you.
Speaker 4: Yes, you did.
Speaker 7: It was an executive order like you know, three weeks ago, and he goes, no, I didn't do that, and he's arguing with me. I said, Miss President, respectfully, can I could I go out here and ask your secretary to print it out. We'll read it together. You definitely did that, and he goes, oh, you talk about natural gas. Yes, sir, he said, oh no, did you misunderstand? He said, what I did is I signed this thing to we're gonna conduct a study on the effects of LERG. I said, no, you're not, sir.
Speaker 1: You paused it.
Speaker 7: I know I have the terminal, the export terminals in my state. I talked to those people this morning. This is doing massive damage to our economy, national security. It occurred to me, Barry, he was not lying to me. He genuinely did not know what he had signed. And I walked out of that meeting with fear and loathing because I thought, we're in serious trouble. Who is running the country like, I don't know who put the paper in front of him, but he didn't know.
Speaker 1: That is the greatest scandal of my lifetime. That is, it's terrified and the fact that we're here and we have an opportunity regardless and if you listen to this show, when Trump does stuff I don't like, I talk about it, but we have an opportunity because we are so far gone over what is functional and what is normal in this country. Debates and disagreements are part of this. And I don't call everyone a moon back just because they don't vote how I want them to. I'm just not that guy. And we've set out for this show not to be this. And Tom Tillis, when he finally decides to open his stupid mouth, says this yesterday. If there are we're.
Speaker 6: Trying to go through it right now, but obviously it's everybody, anyone.
Speaker 8: What I'm trying to do is figure out there are some commutations. To me, I just can't agree. I'm about to file two bills that will increase the penalties up to and including the death penalty for the murder of a police officer.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing that sounds good, except the impetus for him to give a crap is an issue where it is clear that people in power, judges, prosecutors, doj folks so wildly abused their positions that he should have addressed this previously. And I understand he's being asked the question, but he and I'm going to play the rest of the cut. There's still a minute to go. He gets into it as an afterthought and that needs to be if you're attempting to accomplish things, it needs to be your driving force smacking my hands together. Let's finish the cut, increasing the penalties and creating federal crimes for assaulting a police officer.
Speaker 8: That should give you everything you need to know about my possession.
Speaker 9: But you get it as it's It was surprising to me that it was a blanket pardon.
Speaker 1: Now I'm going through it, but it wasn't a blanket pardon. There were commutations as well. If he has a beef with an individual issue or an individual person, that's fine, but you are styming the ability to right the ship so that we can have the normal disagreements. And I don't know if it's because you crave power, but I have no trust in you that it's because you're a good person. That's why I'm upset, and I understand it is. It is probably nuanced for people who don't pay attention to this all the time, but it's a waste. It's an absolute one hundred percent, one thousand percent gift to the very people who have decided to go ahead and bastardize hiring practices. Who gets prosecuted, how they get prosecuted any of the rest there were There were people within DC, within the UH Corrections, and maybe even the mayor of DC, Muriel Bowser, who were explicitly rejecting presidential pardons yesterday. Things are far more broke. And yes, as I said yesterday on the show, if if, if everyone was acting within their constitutional bounds and you chemical sprayed a police officer, I don't have a problem with you doing the time. But the thing is, the time is there. We don't need new laws on this. You don't need to aid your political opposition.
Speaker 3: It was about to say, it seems like it's a timing thing, right, because Trump's in office for less than what twenty four hours, and suddenly twenty four hours you're out saying this. And this is a time when the media is looking for anything and anything they can poke at, and now you're coming out and now they can say, well, look now, not only are these other things happened eon must thing and this thing and that thing, but also now there's infighting on the right.
Speaker 1: And he knows this. It's not like he just got you know, he didn't. He wasn't. Mister Smith goes to Washington and he had no experience. He was the most powerful lawmaker in North Carolina. He knows things. He understands this right.
Speaker 2: They're going to use him as a weapon now to take down Trump.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 1: I'm done with that. It was one thing when he was just a feckless idiot. Now he's a tool in opposition of how things are expected to run in this country, and for that is unforgivable. Keep your mouth shut. You know there are two words you ready, no comment? This is easy to detail. What do you think I mean?
Speaker 2: Is there anything or to it at this point?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 9: Although you know with what I should have mentioned before is you should.
Speaker 2: Pay a ten.
Speaker 1: By the way, as a beard enthusiast, your beard also looks stupid if you can't grow it in get rid of it.
Speaker 9: Mentioned this probably won't get reported, but I hope it does. That's the abusive of the of the abuse of the pardon process by Joe Biden. I hope anybody who's going to be critical of what occurred last night is also very critical of a massive overreach by President.
Speaker 1: He's not wrong, he's three days late. By beard is luscious and thick, by the way, not scraggly with whatever that is.
Speaker 9: A perspective part, it's kind of like a get out of jail free card makes no sense to me either.
Speaker 6: So to answer your question.
Speaker 8: Maybe we need to go back and look at the contours of the authority that future presidents have around park.
Speaker 1: How about the never went to jail, get out free card, because that's what we saw throughout the West Coast, That's what we saw in DC, that's what we saw in Minneapolis when they burned down the neighborhood I used to live in. Too little, too late, Too little, too late. And if you all, if you all want to send your money in, you're working against me to counteract what I'm doing, what I will do on this show over the next two years, or you can fix this. Don't worry. We're gonna have fun here in a few minutes. I gotta get this out of my system. But it's not going anywhere. So that's why I'm angry. That's why I'm sitting here. As Ross pointed out, I'm sitting here and I'm looking at this opportunity that people like Tom Tillis are going to squander. Who if they actually felt that passionate about it, should have held a damn press conference. The other day for the very thing. He's not proposing that he's going to fix this following Biden doing stuff. He's proposing this as a I'm going to show you how bipartisan I am. Process. Now I don't like what Trump did. I don't like what they did. Well, I was on the radio pointing out both things, because that's how humans with independent thought operate, who are not sitting here strictly for their own betterment, Are we clear?
Speaker 8: Its Democrats in a difficult position if they look at President Biden's pardons and they don't say what I've just said about President Trump.
Speaker 1: What do you think you're scoring there? Do this, be it, do it consistently, and we don't have a peep and and perhaps I would have regained a little bit of respect, But no, now we're here. Now we watch the pardoning of his entire family, an entire Congressional committee, members of the Pentagon, health and Human Services, you name it. And now we have a problem. Unacceptable, And and I arrived at the conclusion that we're better off without him. So I want it to be as immediately as possible, one thousand percent on the record where I'm at, and utilize what little bit of power or a little bit of influence that I have to make this point some a series of ducats that I have never cashed in on this show in a in a significant manner. Obviously, we've had opinions. I've never told people who to vote for. I've never endorsed a political candidate. None of these things have happened. But I will be damned if an opportunity to attempt to write this ship is undermined by somebody who's supposed to be part of the crew. You can disagree, but you need to do so in a consistent manner. That's why I'm upset. Disagree. If you want a respect your opinion, we'll be back to say this in one fail swoop and not split it up. So I'm going to open the segment with with this, and it is the lifeblood of why I'm losing my mind this morning. If you believe that Trump is purely transactional, which is you know with the media and any here's the deal. You can believe that if you believe in and and Tom Tillis has shown himself to not be a fan of Trump, which I don't require him to be. But if you then believe that he is purely transactional, worst case scenario, and you decide this is how you want to go about it. Well, my fellow North Carolinians are sitting in propane lines and finally getting heard and finally potentially getting a FEMA director who gives a crap. Donald Trump is coming to North Carolina right now, right now, one of his first trip as president is to North Carolina. And if you believe that, if you believe he's only doing it for votes or clicks or whatever cynical thing you can believe that, And if you are an elected official who believes that, and you do anything to jeopardize the five thousand plus families in North Carolina who continue to not be able to access their homes, many of which will never be able to access them again, and you do anything to screw that up for whatever this is. That's why I'm so angry. How hard have you and people, all the people around you, and that people on social media and the activists and the non activist who became and were forced to be activists. How hard have you worked so that North Carolina who was crepped upon when they were kicking people out of hotels while the president at the time was saying that one hundred and eighty days of emergency funding for shelter was immediately guaranteed to the Pacific Palisades. And you are one of the two senators who represent this entire state and you decide this is the time. That's why I'm upset. Screw this guy. You may never hear me this fired up again. But this thing that might possibly not be fully fixed, but slightly fixed so people don't freeze to death in their RVs because they didn't want to stand six hours in line in a propane line. If you do anything to screw that up for your own whatever this is, we're done. You picked the wrong time, buddy, It's done. You have made you have radicalized me. I mean, I don't ross does that make sense? Right? Like where we're sitting here, and and I like, people, did you see the video of the propane lines out in western North Carol ross By between screen and the college.
Speaker 3: I know I've seen the video the propane lines and the and the texts and the tents, and it's yeah, if you f.
Speaker 1: That up for anybody, I don't care who you are. How dare you how dare you not be able to put rubb two brain cells together and go, this is not the time. That's the core of what started me yesterday.
Speaker 2: So especially he said, because he's such a political animal anyway.
Speaker 1: Yes, so there's thousand percent.
Speaker 2: How is it possible that he could be blundering this much?
Speaker 1: It's it's the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and and and and and and it's not just that he would look bad on the backside. He could get people killed. He could get people killed for whatever this is. And that's what did it. Everything that I just expounded upon, and then this cherry on top that I wanted to be sure that I communicated properly, even though I sound like a lunatic right now. It's unforgivable. You can't come back from this. You did something to imperil. If you think Trump is transactional, which till Us does not. He has not demonstrated that he has a high regard for Trump, so I will operate under his own theory. If you think Trump is transactional, it's worse that you did this, have I So I hope that you and and and I and I invite you because my anger is not even if you even if you still think, hey, we got to have till Us because it's better than Roy Cooper or whoever is. You know, the likely you have to come to terms with that that this guy is creating a situation where your fellow North Carolinians could freeze to death. If you think the worst of Trump, that's unforgivable. So with that in mind, I'm going to do whatever in my power to make sure that that doesn't happen and that we have people in there who are able to add two and two and he's not. And I just saw that. I saw an announcement yesterday with this poor woman got brought in to be his campaign manager. What a speed bump in her career. I don't know anything about her. I feel bad for her. You need to tell your boy this ain't it, and then figure out who it is. Cool, wonderful, Let's do the stuff we want to do, shall we? Okay, wonderful. I'm going to make the transition now eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seventy four. Oh, I don't even know how to quick leave that.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan of you being pissed off with the microphone in Greensboro because it adds like an extra bunker feel to it, Yeah, like an extra level of rage. It's sort of like when you used to listen to Art Bell back in the day and his microphone had this filtering on it, right, and he would talk, Yeah, oh my god, that guy's really in the desert, you know, in a bunker somewhere.
Speaker 1: It really was, he was. He was, yeah, yeah, okay, all right, keep talking for a moment. I'm trying to make my call screener work now. Oh Tom Tillis Jack was like, no, he didn't. No, that's just that's our network. Okay, there we go. Oh And if you have any questions for me, or if you want to challenge my thinking, I I welcome it, and I'm not going to be disrespectful to you. But if, if, if, if you think that I am not being fair, please eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seventy four. Because while clearly the object of my ire is this man, my goal is not an individual goal. It was the fear that struck me yesterday that it could somehow impact the ability of people who lost everything, including family members. I'm not going to get into details. Ross you know you're you guys know somebody who's literally their family is still missing.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, yes, yeah, one of one of Marky's old coworkers. It was made the news. It's because it's one of the people that they came out with a list, like FEMA came out with the thing. Yeah, these are the people that you know are missing. And one of them they called out. They were like no, and it was a it's a it's a known story. Last time she was seen, she was on the roof of her house and the house was floating away down the river while the husband was watching.
Speaker 1: You do if you are in a position of power and you do anything to make it harder for people who are dealing with that or dealing with any of this, we have no more use for you. You have an inability as adults should. Everybody who everybody who considers themselves an adult, understands that you pick your battles. Except one of the two people out of ten plus million that this state has decided speaks on their behalf. And I have seen the work of countless individuals who not only have to deal with how are we going to get this fixed? How are we going to get people homes? How are we going to get people the heat that they need to survive while also dealing with drifters who come in and and you know, and pretend to run these organizations like they're having to fight that too. They shouldn't have to fight the people that they sent to Washington, and you're creating that scenario. You need to apologize. You still need to go, but you should apologize if you have an ounce of humanity. You done fed up. As the kids and the adults say, okay, wonderful, raced agic here, he's got a lot of displaying him to do. Okay, would you do? Man? Why is there? Why are they having snowball fights in New Orleans? That's not okay. Destin Florida, sitting on the Gulf of America has like multiple inches of snow. That's right. I used the new name. Stop it, man, just stop it. So you've never flustered. It's been a long.
Speaker 6: Time since I've had an eye opening weather event.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, wow, that sounds yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean if you get me to react in a way where I almost don't know words, what do you think of when you think of Pensacola white sandy beaches?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I was just going to say, I saw the pictures in Destin, and we got a cluster in Dustine there, which is literally right in the little thing there, And I've stayed at that hotel directly next to it in the Redneck riviera that is the Pensacola Deston area, and the beautiful white sand beaches on that little peninsula there. It's gorgeous and it's now extra white because it's covered in snow.
Speaker 6: So I said, seven point six in Pensacola. What do you think? I think the movie Contact right when the father goes to that wherever he goes and he thinks Pensacola whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, this is how you know.
Speaker 3: It's like a serious thing, like we're you saying, because we've been with Ray we for over a decade. Right this morning, it's the first time he sent me a PowerPoint presentation of the highlights, the highlights of this storm, like the yeah, like the snowfall in different areas.
Speaker 1: That sounds so nerdy.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 6: I do go off the rails once in a while. But Pensacol is seven point six. The previous all time record two point three inches. They absolutely destroyed the record. New Orleans two point seven was the old record eight inches of snow. The State of Florida, eight point eight in Milton, doubling their all time snow record set in nineteen fifty four first blizzard warning in Lake Charles. I mean, the list goes on and on. We even had one point five officially at URDU at the airport in Raleigh, which was a record for the date, and that certainly messed things up for us this morning. So be careful this morning. There might be refreezing tomorrow morning. It's a temperature story now teens and twenties this morning tonight we may see some single numbers in the area. So it is going to be a fridge night tonight, some sun upper thirties tomorrow, might get forty by the end of the week and the weekend and maybe close out of fifty. But right now doesn't look like any more precipitation through about Sunday, so, as I said, quite an event. Still looking at the data coming in. Unfortunately, there's been fatalities and now we're looking at maybe even deaths because of the cold. So we want everybody to keep in mind, going to be a frigid night tonight. You know, open up the doors on the sink, drip the faucets, keep the pipes, the exposed pipes, try to cover them up. It's going to be a cold one.
Speaker 1: Tonight and and like all the nights this week. So yeah, the snow that was you answer my question. So totals not adding until potentially Sunday, Yeah, come back, yeah.
Speaker 6: No, no, And yeah it's it's twenties coldest night tonight, although we will be in the twenties tomorrow night and it's still going to be below freezing. Same thing for Friday night.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, but no initial no more additional snow potent Sunday, yeah, yeah, potentially until Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't even know what that's going to be because we get at the Monday early Sunday Monday morning is another little system coming through. I didn't want to really, man, but thanks. I kind of want to recover from this first.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's the thing. And it's a little selfish because I literally have an event Saturday at the coast.
Speaker 3: Did you all hear the theory about New Orleans and the snowstorm the football theory? No, it's snowing in New Orleans and one of the teams that possibly could go to the Super Bowl is known to be from a city where it's snows. So it's a sign from above that there's a certain team playing in New Orleans in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: I remember what that stand playing a dome. It's a dome, right, remember in the.
Speaker 1: Past, old man living in the past. What time did the Cowboys play Sunday that you look up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what time I think we're playing? So all right, well, we'll make fun of each other more in the next hour. Okay, all right. Really, Ross hadn't even hit me with that theory, but it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like just never snows in New Orleans, and now the Bills have a chance to play there. Even if they play in a dome, it's still snowing in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: It's sign.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a thing. And and uh, let me ask you this, Ross. Do you think the mayor of Buffalo can spell Bills?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, because uh, you know that's apparently an outlier, as I'll demonstrate next. Hang on a little bit of a rant this morning. That's okay, it's what we do. We got some calls. We'll go ahead and get into those and and at the top of the hour, I'll well, we'll finish out the calls and I'll explain the reference there going into the break about being wealthy. But folks have been holding Let's get to it, Janet, thank you. What's up?
Speaker 10: So the ncg OP and Tom Tillis have been a real problem for a long time. I'm fairly certain that they're replacing the n CGP members with leftists out here.
Speaker 1: As a matter of let me say this, I know a couple of them, and that's why I'm doing this, because I'm appealing to what I think is some sensibility. So I just want to be very clear here, and I hope that that's I hope I'm right, but I understand why you feel like that, Janet.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 10: As a matter of fact, the n c g OP actually closed up shop out here in Chatham County, which right now is vital territory because we're being inundated with leftists right and the n CGP has just packed their bags and left.
Speaker 11: Us to thin for ourselves.
Speaker 10: Right now what we need is the most.
Speaker 1: So now we get emails from people who frankly didn't listen to any of the Tillis stuff. Accusation, what are you a secret Democrat? No, No, I hate everybody, not everybody, but I'm I'm the only one who's consistent here. And I explained to you my biggest drive We're gonna get to calls momentarily, my biggest driving thing is let me tell you that. And I'm not going to tell you the numbers because I don't want to make this about me. There have been two things in my life where I have donated financially. Obviously, we can utilize the platform that that Ross and I have here for good, but there have been two things where behind the scenes I have stroked checks or well, in this case, digital donations that likely exceeded we don't make as much money as you think. Where I have donated out of sheer emotion. One when I served on the board for Big Brothers Big Sisters when I was a broadcaster in Minnesota. I donate a lot of money there. I donated more to causes in western North Carolina through about ten different transactions, and it's not a small amount. I am passionate about it, and I have spent countless hours of broadcast time using this platform not mentioning that because it was so heartbreaking. So that is what has driven my sheer insanity. This morning, top of everything else, that we would have a representative of this state if he believes what he has shown me that he believes where he thinks Trump is transactional, he doesn't like it. It's not good order any of the rest of it. In the same way that if you're Californian you believe that climate change is the greatest threat, and then you do nothing to mitigate it. I see you. And if you're Tom Tillis and you think Trump is transactional and you do anything to imperil North Carolina finally getting some attention, screw you. You have no business representing me or anybody else. And it's going to be up to the party to recognize this cancer and cut it out. So don't question me. I've got receipts, quite literally, because I will write it off. But that's our tax system. Avail yourself of it, doing my taxes here in a few days. That's where we are. He made his bed, he can lie in it, and it's not one where he's an elected official anymore. In two years, and if he had any if he had any decency, he resigned a day. Oh but Josh died. I don't care. How could it be any worse. Trump expects Democrats to you to disgree with him and still get put. He doesn't expect Tom Tillis to do it. Not right now, Jim, thanks for hanging on. What's up?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Casey.
Speaker 1: It's not a good it's not a good morning. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm a buzzkill this morning. But it's just.
Speaker 5: Don't hate me, because I promise I'm not beautiful.
Speaker 4: But U.
Speaker 5: From the stratosphere aboard Trump forced two point zero. Tom Tillis doesn't even look like an ant. He's an amiva. So don't let him rent space in your head. It's not worth it. You need to save your adrenaline, get an adrenaline metering valve, and just use.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm starving the beast. No, no, no, no, I'm starving the beast. That's that's what we're here for. He is banging around in my head. And and now I get to use whatever little flex power or notoriety that I have to starve the beast. It actually is a very good day.
Speaker 5: Well, you're gonna need it. You're gonna need it over the next two years because and don't stop at me. But Senator Casey O'Day has a nice ring to it.
Speaker 1: Nope, things have happened far far more useful here, far more useful here.
Speaker 5: Well, let's find somebody and let's get behind him right now. But add that wise old stage Rick James, let me frais of here you didn't see is a hell of a drug. Beware we fake that.
Speaker 1: You could put Joe Biden in and then just put papers in front of him so he can like proxy vote and and you would get it would be more effective. So you know, let's get a dementia pation in here. It's better than Tom Tillis.
Speaker 5: You're right, but I support you one hundred percent. I agree with you one hundred percent. But we don't need you blowing a kicker on the air.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I said, I was actually surprised my blood pressure. I just had to check up here about a month ago. Actually good to go, so we'll see. So if I die, it's a it's a putin. It's a putin thing, Okay, Like.
Speaker 5: Well, don't check it today, check it tomorrow, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I appreciate it. Oh, hello, what's this? Amibas are useful sometimes? Yeah, for the average person. How is Slenderman impeded help for North Carolina because I am going through his line of thought and it is clear that he is not a fan of Trump, and the criticism of Trump is that he's transactional, and he's moody and he's emotional. And even if you accept all of that, for you to stick your finger and that fan at the exact moment where North Carolina is getting some attention, that's the problem because either one you're right, Trump is transactional and North Carolina loses out, or you're wrong and you're still crapping over somebody who's trying to help. Finally, that's the difference.
Speaker 5: Jeff, what's up, hey, Casey?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I agree with you one hundred percent. Tom tillis every single time it comes to an important bill, he can never be trusted or counted on to vote in the right direction or do the right thing for us all this country. We need somebody that's going to be able to beat him. And that's why I would beg you to reach out to Mike Wattley and get him to beg Laura Trump to run for senator against him, because she can beat him.
Speaker 5: She can beat him, and.
Speaker 11: I would like you to make Whatley a regular on your show at least once a week.
Speaker 1: And hey, let me let me say that. Let me let me tell you something. Because Wattley and I have beef over an incident which I've talked about on the air. I will I will no, no, no, hear me out. I will comb by Mike Wattley and give him a weekly spot on this show. If he will denounce Trump or till Us for going after Trump on this.
Speaker 11: Stuff, that would be easy. I would hope he would do that with without a second thing.
Speaker 1: It's out there right now. You all can communicate to him. I will, we will mend the issue. We will call it a misunderstanding. I won't even get into the issue is over an interview thing. I will be done with it. Well, let's God bless you because.
Speaker 11: The inauguration was equivalent to us landing on Omaha Beach. The fight has just begun. And you can you know, people can call Tillis and amiba, but he gets votes, and he can derail Trump's agenda right from the get go if he doesn't vote for his nominees. And Tillis can be a real serious problem. And we're wondering why is he like one of the only senators that is railing about Trump's decision on the pardons. Well, personally, I believe he's corrupt and I believe his handlers are telling him, you find a way to vote against Trump's nominees and this could give him what he needs. You can say, wow, Trump's.
Speaker 1: Just too No no, no, no, no, sir, let me pause you for a moment. We are going to find out this week because of the hegset thing, which I'm going to get into here in the moment. You know, because the claim is that there are GOP senators who who will not vote based on this story from the sister in law of Hegseth's second wife, and God helped me. If one of those people is Tillis, we will find out. So I'm with you, and I have been called I was complimentary of Mike Wattley because of the action, immediate action in Pennsylvania when they were screwing with observers. So we can fix this, but it requires this, It requires the ex community of this individual. And there's no and I love that word.
Speaker 11: I say ostracize, I say eradicate, I say we're on the beach and we got to move forward. And I'm thank god you're going to use your microphone because we've got two years to that that next election, and let's fix b and that's and and let's just move forward.
Speaker 1: And if and if Tillius wants to pretend that he's retiring to spend more time with family or whatever that garbage, I would and not challenge that. I don't care. But he's gone. And if he's not gone, God help us. Okay, Well, Laura.
Speaker 11: Trump is our first one we've got to go for. And if not, then who who there's got to be?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I have for million plus people, sir, we got ten million plus people. One of them's got all.
Speaker 11: I asked for a list of the J sixers that are from North Carolina because some of these guys are incredibly smart and tuned in and know what they're doing and could make a very good candidate. I'd like to know who all the North Carolina Jay sixers are. Maybe there might be somebody in there, but we got to try every avenue, but we cannot fail this time. He has got to go. He is a threat to not just this state, but this country.
Speaker 1: There's probably five or six current House members right now, and thanks for the caller, Jeff, you know, let's do this thing. Let's do this thing. Come come convince me you're the guy because you're not him. And again I don't get into this stuff. I never have, but you have radicalized me real quick. Boston Paul, what's I just want to be clear, Boston Paul is not on the short list for senator because everyone would be dead.
Speaker 12: Yeah, what's a oo sah?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 12: Come on, man, just come down a little bit instead of that coffee. No, I don't want to be saying up. Once you get Marc a call, see if he's done working for Trump, and we'll primary this guy. I'm up, I'm in.
Speaker 1: I got a hundred mark Mark Walker or Mark Walker or Mark Robinson.
Speaker 12: Mark Walker.
Speaker 1: Sure you know what, yeah, absolutely one hundred percent. Walker wants to run per se. You can have a weekly spot on this show and tell us about to get the same offer because equal time. So whatever.
Speaker 12: But hey, you said you were drinking coffee this morning. I mean, don't be drinking Colombian coffee. Have a little smoke of Colombian gold.
Speaker 1: Why don't I get some Bolivian marching powder? So I can get you further am coom or whatever he does. Yeah, the reason you could get the problem, Boston Paul. The problem with you running for Senate is where you're from. And as we know, considering where you're from, Boston Paul, the only way you can be an effective senator is to murder an aid first, So I don't want you to do that.
Speaker 12: Okay, well all right, wait a minute, Wait a minute, what about Ross? I mean he's done with the Water and Soil Commission?
Speaker 1: Right wait wait, wait, are you gonna murder Ross?
Speaker 2: Is that Ross?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Here he could run.
Speaker 12: He's done with the Water and Soil can't He went the Senate?
Speaker 1: Now, no, this is how we get camps. All right, you got you're full of bad ideas. Get out of here, all right, Go be safe, Go be safe. Most people get bread and water. I'm pretty sure he went to Tarja and I got about six cases of beer. So Ross has been tasked with going to target to today. So he's very excited. Uh yeah, I think Boston Paul just read to kill you, bro, so saying I want to watch out all right, So, uh, full show is silly today but super serious too, So going back to this, Yeah, I'm going to be very curious if among the senators who are stated to care about this story that just appeared compliments of CBS and others surrounding Pete Hegseth, a story that is literally denied by the person who is the focus of the story. We're doing the Kavanaugh thing again, and God helped me. I started in my mind, I'm like, which senators is it? Are they talking about? Jonie Ernst came to minds because she's had some problems with Hegseff and then tell us what the second guy I thought of? If you don't know the story, here it is David containing new allegations against Defense Secretary nominee Pete Hegseth. NBC Shulie Serkin help break this story, she joins us, Now what more can you tell us?
Speaker 13: Well, Chris, this is significant because for the first time, we are hearing on the record of somebody who spoke directly with Samantha Hegseth during the time in which she was married to Pete Hegseth, who shared concerns fearing for her safety. I'm talking about Danielle Hexseth. She's a former sister in law to both Samantha and Pete Hexseth. She says in this copy of this affidavit, a redacted version, quote, I have chosen to come forward publicly as significant personal sacrifice because I am deeply concerned by what Hexset's confirmation would mean for our military and our country. She adds that part of her reason, and this is so significant, Chris, for coming forward is because I have been assured that making this public statement will ensure that certain senators who are still on the fence will vote against Hexset's confirmation. But for that insurance, I would not subject myself or others refer to in this statement to the public scrutiny. This statement is likely to cause.
Speaker 1: This woman is claiming that she has essentially struck a deal with likely GEOP senators to block heag Seth. Now the woman in question, this is the sister in law. The actual wife denies this categorically, and yet it was the lead story on CBS News last night. Is that audio is from? Is that Tom Tillis? Is he one of them? I have some questions. Hang on, just send me an email Ross and it said stay away from open windows in the building. The Greensboro facility does not have open windows on the elevated floor. However, the Raleigh facility does, although I don't know if it still does or it'd be about.
Speaker 2: There's still like three of them opening. Chocked them up there, the.
Speaker 1: Three still open. Okay, this on this fine week.
Speaker 2: Walk right up this morning. It looked right at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in Greensboro, Rosses and Raleigh right now, so I don't know if they fixed it, but all right, yeah, so that's why I'm in Greensboro. I'll just say that, it's not really why I'm in Greensboro, but whatever, that's the seventh floor probably not surviving that. All right, dude, I just saw the wildest we're gonna we're gonna talk about the church thing from me yesterday and h and that insanity, which, by the way, is that Tom tell Us' his church that he goes to, I think it is, which is an extra added bonus this morning. But we have this cruise ship story that's one of the craziest things I think I've seen in a while. However, because we try to be intellectually honest here, I will come up with why I think there's a possibility not I don't even know possibility is the right word. There is. There is an iota of potential for the reason they gave for this thing that I will tell you about. But I want to grab a call first and Brian, what's up?
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, you know, just thinking about what you were saying before. Excuse me, I'm really getting kind of frustrated, Well not kind of, I am extremely frustrated with this this BS. You know, the woman who was the ex wife has come out and publicly said and I know you mentioned this book, but not totally. One, she never said that. Two, she does not have a representative who would have said that. She has not hired a lawyer, she does not have anybody else who would have been her mouthpiece. She did not say this. So this is a clear total fabrication. But is getting me like so ticked off? Is these things happen all the time by Democrats. It is their actual playbook. And I know somebody on kids I think it was a point who said it. You know, doesn't matter if it's true or not. Make the most outlandish allegation and let it do its thing, which its thing is, you know, to be negative against that person, even if it's not true. For as long as we need it to do that thing and then move on when we when it's proven that it's not true.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: It is so frustinting because what happens is they only get fined if they actually get sued. They need to freaking go to jail because finding these people does nothing to them. It is a drop in the bucket because obviously somebody paying these people to do this, and the people who get fined look to that person who paid them and they say, yeah, okay, yeah, I'll pay the five million bucks. I'll pay the fifteen million bucks. It's pits in a bucket to me. I don't care. We got our thing, we we got our goal.
Speaker 1: You can't you can't use that p word, okay, but I'll keep you on normally and hang up on you. And because I understand your level of frustration, but I also right now is the last time I need the FCC crawling up my butt. And I wouldn't put it past till us to do it. So all right, anyway, I'm.
Speaker 4: Some of the word that you could say. I'm sorry about that. I apologize.
Speaker 1: I'm on the fence. Yeah, I'm on the fence, but I don't think it is But anyway, go ahead. Yeah, I don't know, but yeah, I mean right now.
Speaker 4: To well, how do we get somebody to rewrite laws that's basically say, redeless is now something if it's used for political game, you go to jail.
Speaker 1: Well, look, there's there are first there are First Amendment issues over the words. However, in the same way that we have slander and libel that exists out there, you have to work it through that. I don't want to overcorrect, because if you honestly believe, just for a moment, let's say that this woman honestly believes that this uh, this this sister in law, and and she's being somewhat manipulated obviously by political powers that be. I don't know. If I again, we're giving to the benefit of the doubts, she honestly believes that she had she hallucinated or whatever. I don't care. You have to figure out how you hold those opportunists who would then use it knowing that they don't necessarily have that. And I don't know what that looks like, but like you, I would be very curious to have that conversation. That's that's a I'm that that.
Speaker 4: The fact that somebody believes what they're saying is what makes it okay? That's ridiculous. If I believe that I'm Jesus, does that make it okay for me to go around and be but it don't lead or whatever?
Speaker 1: No, yes, yeah, no, no, no, but it does, but it does. I'm not going to compromise my principles just because I totally agree with you, sir, because others have been willing to do that. But I think that there is room within the law because while she may believe that a you know, a lot of a lot of law comes down to what a reasonable person would believe, Right, that's a standard. What would the reasonable person? And if you are Adam Schiff and you look at this and then you hear directly from the person who is supposedly quoted, the fact that you would launch on that, now you're not being a reasonable person. Because I can't think of another scenario where the media would run and go, hey, this we heard this thing. Did it happen? But and they go no, And there's not a reasoning why they might lie like they Nobody's explain to me why his second wife, who probably is still pretty po that he's onto his third wife, would would lie and so if they don't have that to then run with it. Now we're getting into a different thing than an individual who may think they're Jesus. Do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Okay, I understand the difference, but but here's the thing you're basically saying. Then I can go around saying things about you because I personally believe you would have said these things and you would have felt this way. That is that that's ridiculous. No, no, no, I can beat this both person for any person I want, because hey, I've listened to Casey on the radio for the past ten years and I know what Casey thinks.
Speaker 1: But the onus isn't on you, sir, No, no, no, But the onus isn't on you, Brian. And I don't mean this as an insult, because you're not the media, you're not the amplifier, you're not in a life official. You are a guy who's who. Let's say you posted that on Twitter and if I denied it, it was an r L picked it up. Shame on w r L for not having anything other than some random guy's tweet. It's nuanced. But I hear you.
Speaker 4: No, but I hear you too, and I totally agree. Again, So then who put this on the air? People who did it because they have a political right benefit that they want to see. Those people should go to jail, not getting fine, not get a slap on the wrist by the FCC or whoever. Go to jail, because that's the only way to stop it. Because again, and they said in the beginning, these people don't care. They're like, oh, you're gonna find me a million bucks? Okay, great, yeah, well right, I agree.
Speaker 1: Check, yeah, let's stay Cavanaugh. Yeah, they had no there's not a single person who who decided to jump on the Kavanaugh was running rape conga lines who probably believed it or wherever held accountable.
Speaker 4: So I'm I'm with, how do we change this?
Speaker 1: I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 4: Well, when you talk to one of the politicians, can you bring this up? Hey, we need to make stronger lives. Sure it's not just her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's Here's here's the deal. When Michael Wattley accepts the deal that I have offered this morning to give him the airtime to to do what he's going to do, it will be the first thing we discuss all he's got to do is throw tillis to the wolves. That's it. I ask one thing of them, that's it, and I will ask your questions. Sir.
Speaker 2: All right, good deal than you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right, thank you for the call. Look at that wheeling and dealing on this fine morning. Speaking of the church, So yesterday you probably saw the video. The Trumps, the Vances and others head over to uh the Episcopal church there up in DC. It's a pretty standard tradition. Day after inauguration, you have this service, and emaciated bon Jovi looking woman decides she's going to use this opportunity to go ahead and make some political points. Absolutely one thousand percent disgusting. But yet here we are in the name.
Speaker 14: Of our God, I ask you to have mercy upon the people in our country. We're scared now. There are gay, lesbian entrance ginger children in Democratic Republican and independent.
Speaker 1: Families who you've castrated in some instances, just so we're clear, some who fear for their lives or being castrated.
Speaker 14: The people who pick our crops and clean our office buildings.
Speaker 1: So they're all cleaners and crop pickers, like could you do the meme?
Speaker 14: Harder farms and meatpacking plants who wash the dishes after we eat in restaurants and work the night shifts in hospitals. They may not be citizens or have the proper documentation, but the vast majority of immigrants are not criminals. They pay taxes.
Speaker 1: If they entered illegally, they technically are. Tom Holman can explain it to you. He does on the regular and our good neighbors.
Speaker 14: They are faithful members of our churches and mosques, synagogues, Wodara and temples.
Speaker 1: Okay, rejecting this and mocking it is the wrong play. I think that Trump administration should embrace this.
Speaker 2: Hear me out.
Speaker 1: They should embrace it because the Democrats celebrating this and saying, look here you go, this woman just explained it to you. Then you are of the opinion that churches should dictate policy. So if you're Trump, I'm like, you know what, there's a great idea. I think the churches should dictate policy, not this church, but this I don't know, Franklin Graham's church, and then operate based on They would lose their minds. That's how I would play it, because this this is a violation of this tradition and frankly, this woman should never be allowed to speak to another elected official for using this to do that. As much as everybody screams about separation of church, Trump should embrace it, find the church that comports with his voters, and let them dictate policy and then watch them scream that's my entertainment rate, stagic. How's your snow entertainment? I got about forty five seconds because I ran out. I don't worry SnO, that's okay, all right, Yeah, we'll get out.
Speaker 6: Of this cold, this arctic cold soon.
Speaker 1: Jilie day.
Speaker 6: And after the snow, there's still some icy patches and spots, especially believe it or not east as you head out near the outer banks and coastal parts of not only North but also South Carolina where they saw the burn of the snow cold night tonight. Today we do get above freezing tonight ten or maybe even some single digits to the west of the triad and into the mountains, and then we'll start that slow recovery as we head on through the next few days, back into the forties by late week, maybe closer to fifty for some. By the end of the weekend. Loads will start coming up, most likely being the teens. By Friday, morning twenties near Saturday and Sunday morning before we get more pre sip in here late Sunday night and Monday.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm gonna go sledding on Okra Coke and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 6: So have a good one.
Speaker 1: Should never be a phrase that's uttered. Come back with Jeff Bellinger, Hang on, Jeff, what's happening?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 15: Casey Stock started this holiday shortened week with an upsession, and the futures are higher this morning. Looks like we'll build on yesterday's games. The now futures are up one hundred and forty nine points. Netflix and United air Lines posted stronger than expected quarterly results after the markets closed yesterday. Shares of both companies are higher. We also note that Netflix announced price increases for all of its plans. The Conference Board will release its forward Looking Index of Leading Economic Indicators ten o'clock this morning. Redfin ranks Raleigh as the fifth most affordable market in the country for renters. An annual income of just under fifty seven thousand dollars is needed to pay the median asking rent, and the estimated median renter income is more than sixty one thousand dollars. Future of TikTok's on President Trump's radar. The president says he's opened to Elon Musk or Marry Ellison. Buying The social media app is part of a joint venture with the government. Jimmy Donaldson, the content creator known as mister Beast, says he's working with investors who have submitted a TikTok bid. Those investors were not identified. Meta Platforms has some new products on the drawing board. The social media company plans to introduce new Oakley branded smart glasses designed for athletes, and some good news for iPhone users. Casey, the spam fighting app True Caller has been updated. It now works equally well on iPhones and Android devices. True Caller is a subscription service, not a freebie. The company is currently working on technology to counter voice clones generated by artificial intelligence. Those clones are increasingly used by criminals.
Speaker 1: Casey, okay, all right, hey, Jeff, just you guys have snow up there too.
Speaker 11: Or.
Speaker 15: Over the weekend? Not a lot, a little bit, a few inches in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Like destin Florida. I got like three inches. It's just a wild down here right now.
Speaker 15: So all right, yeah, Anyways, ice ice in Houston have been hearing my My Houston station has been talking about it.
Speaker 1: Oh you are k p R C or k t R H K t R h oh Okay, all right, hey, the guy's a friend of mine. All right, well, thank you very much. Appreciate it. Jeff, have a good one, Okay, have a good date.
Speaker 2: All right, Look at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Houston's getting rocked as well. So