Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Jim Cummings here. Welcome to my podcast, tuned In with Jim Cummings. We have a great guest for you today, but before we get to that, make sure you like and subscribe. Our podcast has partnered with the largest comic con in North America, fan Expo, the Juggernaut. We're touring all over North America live, so get your tickets and come be a part of the live audience.
Speaker 2: It'll be fun.
Speaker 1: Go to FANEXPOHQ dot com for the tickets. We'll see you in a city near you or a little bit away, but you can drive. And with all that said and done, sit back and enjoy today's episode and as always, thanks for tuning in to Tuned In with Jim Cummings. If you're a fan of everything we do here at tuned In with Jim Cummings, you could support the show on Patreon for bonus exclusive podcasts, as well as early in ad free access to the show itself, prize draw and more. You'll feel the difference, so go ahead and join the tuned In family today at Patreon dot com slash Jim Cummings Podcast.
Speaker 2: Do it now?
Speaker 3: How you doing out there?
Speaker 2: It's me Tiggert.
Speaker 4: I am DC Wayne Duck.
Speaker 5: It's me Bunkers Deep Bobcat.
Speaker 4: All right, y'all?
Speaker 2: Is it great?
Speaker 5: Your favorite firefly you desire?
Speaker 2: Hold the old knock guy.
Speaker 1: My name is Jim Cummings and welcome to tuned In.
Speaker 6: Welcome back, everybody to another episode of Tuned In with Jim Cummings. I am producer Chris, joined as always by the legend himself, mister Jim Cummings. How are you doing today, sir?
Speaker 1: It's another day in paradise, especially on account of because.
Speaker 6: We have Irene Better joining us today. Thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 4: I'm so glad to be here.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, Jim.
Speaker 1: It is so nice to see you, and because oftentimes I'll see you and there's a line of people in front of you and I can't barely see you because you're signing autographs and having too much fun.
Speaker 2: And thanks for being here. Thank you very much for maybe a little.
Speaker 4: But you can't stop me.
Speaker 6: Do you want to just tell the audience a little bit about yourself? Of course you're the voice of Pocahontas, but do you want to elaborate a little bit for anybody who may not.
Speaker 4: Know sure, I'm Irene. She was the goddess of peace Pocahontas. We talk about the Pocahontas of peace as well. And my Nupiac name is good Dirk, which means one who dropped. So when I was growing up, I didn't know. I thought that I was going to be clumsy or something, but really it was one who fell from the sky.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, yeah, well that's not bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then my Crea name is iron Woman. So I'm a Nupiac and Upick and may Ti Cree and I'm very proud to say that i am indigenous to this nation, but I'm part of the human nation, and i am an actor that has been had the honor and to be able to tell hundreds of stories of indigenous women.
Speaker 2: So oh that's great. Oh wow, I feel like clapping.
Speaker 6: That was very profound.
Speaker 2: That was that was wonderful.
Speaker 6: I wish my name meant something that important.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, min.
Speaker 1: My middle name is Joe. Joe, I mean, okay, let's ready to sleep.
Speaker 4: Irene Bedard is my was my given name growing up. But we're given our names in the New back way before we're born, and it's a form of reincarnation in a way that we're given our names from our grandparents, and our grandparents are the one who usually get it from their grandparents, and so when they're you're given that name, it's like you're given the the air, the breath, the heartbeat, and the responsibilities of the person who carried that name before you. And so to me, it's it's uh, just a beautiful way to understand how interconnected we all are and that we're all also part of this deep time, that we're the love of a thousand ancestors. And so when I get the chance to play different characters that come from our history, in a way, I feel like I'm given the opportunity to bring their spirit back to life.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's beautiful. Well, I'm named after my grandpa. He was James Joseph too. I mean, the most common names in the world.
Speaker 2: But you win.
Speaker 1: I mean, gosh, that's beautiful. That's a beautiful tradition. It's great to be a part of that, isn't it. You know, it's something that you bring with you throughout your life.
Speaker 4: And I think that's in a lot of ways, what like this prevailing society is searching for missing wanting that connection to deep time. That connection elders and our connection to the earth and all the creatures that live upon it. That's what I mean. We're all indigenous. We all had drums, songs, stories, relationships to the earth, relationship to our elders and the coming generations, and songs and stories that related to where we came from and who we are as a community of people. That's what a culture and a tribe is, and we all came from that. It's just that the prevailing society has paved over.
Speaker 1: It, paved over it. Boy, that's well said. Gosh, that's that's very poetic. Goodness.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm an actor. I'm a storyteller, though.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 6: Well, I was just about to say storytelling seems to be very very important to you.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I think that's you know, I made a mission and vision statement for myself at my halfway to hundred party then, and that was to heal through the power and art of storytelling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for you, And and here you are continue.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you. That's got any more.
Speaker 3: I feel like, well, you can I call you at night? I mean, would you read me one of.
Speaker 2: Those that's beautiful I find?
Speaker 6: Oh sorry, I was just gonna chime in and say, I find it interesting. You know, the almost one hundred people that we've talked to on this podcast so far, you know, everybody from you know, actors to voice actors, to artists to historians. It's really interesting. The one through line that seems to connect most, not all, people in this industry is storytelling, you know, and that's I think that's I mean me as an you know, I'm an actor as well, I'm a performer as well. That's always been the one thing that's drawn me to, you know, performing, is storytelling. I mean I used to be the annoying little kid in the car and my dad would be like, stop making up stories.
Speaker 4: It happens next Now it happens exactly.
Speaker 6: And I think that's something that's kind of over shadowed in today's society, is storytelling. I mean, it's one of the things that makes us, you know, unique from other animals. You know, we've been telling stories since we were cavemen, you know, drawing paintings on walls, and that's how we've passed along knowledge through so many generations. And I feel like it's, i don't know, kind.
Speaker 2: Of slightly a lost art.
Speaker 6: It's not viewed as so valuable in this society. I don't know, what do you guys think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a good point. Well, everything's hurry up, let's get it over. But come on, hey, come on, let's go, you know, and you can't. You got to slow down and let that wash over you.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, And I think our attention span is definitely shorter. You know, it's get that thirty second video, scroll on to the next right. But I think ultimately we are in a way made of story. It's you know, it's like, you know, here's the story of the Declaration of the Independence in the Constitution of the United States of America. You know, we write words down to relate to each other, or we speak words and we tell stories. We just now instead of a flickering fire, we do it around a television or in front of a big screen. And so, you know, words that we are, we have been translated as the storytellers. It's why you know, you've spark so much joy, Jim, you spark a lot of joy.
Speaker 2: Bless you.
Speaker 4: I see it when we you know, just so much love goes through direction and it's so beautiful.
Speaker 1: One tries. And that's also it lends to our own It speaks to our immortal soul, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: It does because could it's a continuation.
Speaker 4: And you know, and and it goes through to be Oh, you saved me when Pokemonas came out, you know, they sent me on a big tour around America to sign autographs, tell stories and sign autographs. And people would wait in line forever with you know, and and so often they finally get to the front of the line and either the kid is was was you know, sometimes the kid would be would be upset because they've been waiting for so long they didn't know what they were waiting, or they got scared when they finally got to the front of the line, something like that. But I had a stuffed Winnie the Pooh, and Winnie would just come out and just change the whole scenario. The tears would go away, and laughter and love would come. And that's weenie.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a lovely story.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: She's a sweetest.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful. What a nice thing to say.
Speaker 1: What a great here that Thank you. Now I can go back to being a dipstick and.
Speaker 3: Even out. Oh that's great, Thank you for that. Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Well you you do a lot of conventions too, don't you, or do you?
Speaker 4: You know I speaking of Yeah, when when we it was COVID and and then I was filming American Primeval and realized, you know, we were going on we were on strike already, We're on the writers strike, and then we were going on strike strike, and so I saw the writing on the wall and decided, you know, and I wanted, you know, I'm keeping my boat afloat by by doing this. And it is so fun. I mean, I enjoy it so much. It really when I first started out, I was a theater major and I had, uh my big dream was to study with Jersey Krotowski and poland you know, and I moved from Philly to New York to with the American Indian Community House members and we started a Native American theater ensemble, and I was going to write plays and do plays, and you know, it just wasn't even in my wheelhouse of thought that I would be doing film and television. And so, you know, to me, this this transition to being being a voice, you know, has been a strange and difficult one because I'm just a girl from Alaska and the idea of having to at that time to speak on behalf of all Native Americans was was difficult.
Speaker 2: You know, well that's quite a responsibility.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: It was one of my favorite lines from that one movie.
Speaker 3: It's a great day to be indigenous.
Speaker 2: So I hope this is a great day to be indigenous for you.
Speaker 4: From Smoke Signals, right, Yeah, you know. I mean yesterday we had the you know, the birthright citizenship in front of the Supreme Court and they argued about whether Indigenous people have birthright citizenship, and of all people, I just thought that that wouldn't even be that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, something out of Southwark, you.
Speaker 4: Know, living in South Park a little bit.
Speaker 6: Aren't we. It's actually funny if you watch the history of the evolution I should say of south Park, and it actually has become more grounded in reality since its inception. I mean there used to be like aliens in every episode and everything, and now it's like mostly focused on politics. But it's still this wild freak show. It's pretty crazy. But we have to address the elephant in the room, which is somehow Disney has not recognized either of you as Disney legends. Oh what is what is going on? Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, see I would have. I would have thought you were.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, because.
Speaker 1: Isn't it isn't that kind of like the law if you're a princess or a star. I mean, let's see, what was the name of the movie again?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And tigger that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I thank you for noticing.
Speaker 6: Is it like the Is it like the Academy Awards? Like do you have to do like some what's the word I'm looking for donations?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Who knows? It's academic? All right?
Speaker 1: I yeah, tough tough or Disney legend Disney. I mean, I I don't know what to say. Obviously.
Speaker 3: People come up to me all the time, and I'm sure you get introduced.
Speaker 2: This way too.
Speaker 1: Here she is a Disney legend, ladies and gentlemen. But people don't get that that's an actual title.
Speaker 3: That's a thing, that's a yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, I know, I know why they would say it, and I am yeah to myself as well, But but I ended up correcting them and I go, well, actually, thank you, first of all, but second of all, I'm not. And they then then everybody's weird, and uh, but what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: You know you can't can't fight city?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, I do know that. You know, a lot of people ask me too about whether they're going to do the live action, and I'm you know, I don't know. I'm not part of that, you know, conversation, but h but I think it would be very interesting for them to do that. I think they should do it all the way up until she sees the ship. That might that might work for them, you know what I mean? And I really do I I I think I understand some of the reasoning for Pocahontas their reasoning, but I don't.
Speaker 2: But I necessarily subscribe to it.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I mean it. I know that it's through every measure of the of the word that we were as a group of people, as as artists, working on everything to make this the most beautiful picture. And it did incredibly well, and it still does incredibly well, you know, And I think that though it has the issues of the time, right and that also, you know, being the biggest one is the historical inaccuracies, and it's dealing with the ideas of prejudice and racism, but you know, and how we can build bridges to one another. And I think that's really what is you know, why it continues and sticks to that belief system that I was telling you about. I mean, she has a relationship to her elders, her father or grandmother, willow and nature, you know, the creatures around her. She understands that we're all part of this medicine wheel here. So this is the four Directions and the four seasons, and the four peoples of the planet, and it's the four ages. And it just means we're all connected, we're all part of the same and we can now prove that through physics. You know, the butterfly effect. You know, the fact or even just the fact that and this is a horrifying example of it. But it really goes to the point of that when we dropped the Nagasaki in Hiroshima bombs, every single living creature, every blade of grass now has cessium one thirty eight in us. So that is how interconnected we are. One thing happens on the planet and for now millennia we all have.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm curious, I just want to go back to that, what are the four peoples of the Earth. I've never heard that before.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I think this is a much later interpretation of it, but you know, it's the the white, yellow red black. You know that it's the four that is. But these these colors also represent the times of the of the the times of life, you know, so from birth to to young youthhood and to then adulthood, to then our later age and then as we go back and return.
Speaker 6: Wow. So yeah, and it just I love symbolic.
Speaker 4: Things like that, right, it's and so I when I sign my autograph, I always sign it with the medicine wheel.
Speaker 1: And oh is that what that is? Well, that's good to know. Yeah, yeah, well you signed a lot of autographs, that's for sure. That's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I'm learning something new all the time here, fantastic.
Speaker 4: I think that's the point of this is life is a gift given to us to learn, you know, and so every single day, I don't I think of it as you know, when I'm can learn today? You know what else is there new? When I take on a new role, it's such an opportunity for me to learn a whole new set of things, you know, whether it's a language. You know, when I was at the University of the Arts, we had four years of speech and that included dialects you know, from all around the world. That we had to learn and I just was going through especially like Scottish Irish cock me you know all these you know, no one is ever going to ask me to do these, but it has been so well.
Speaker 2: I would like to hear some cockne it has.
Speaker 4: Been so I got to do it with when when our son was little reading Harry Pottery voices, you know, I did a production of Our Town where I sort of channeled Catherine Hepburn and Audrey Hepburn and it was an Alaska need a version of it. But we started in Alaska and then it go to Alaskanatid Alaska Native Yeah, yeah, like alascinated. Yeah, we were alascinated for.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 4: Okay, but yeah, I mean so I got to do you know, I got to park the car and had yard for that.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's funny.
Speaker 4: But you know, I mean for the most of what I do, even voiceover wise, whether it's you know, Scooby Doo to whatever, they are looking for me to produce the indigenous tones. You know, So.
Speaker 6: Does that ever get frustrating? Does do you feel boxed in?
Speaker 4: Or is that some I mean, you know, sometimes I have such a great imagination though that you know. I mean when I do get the chance. I was asked to do a murderous grandmother her and I think that they thought I was going to be like, where's my gun?
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 4: I had worked on a film and the first a d had this little, tiny voice and she talked like this, and at first you're like, how is she going to do this? And then after a while it became very very scary because you thought she was going to break. I did that similar right in. The director would just thought it was great because well, that's pretty scary. Where's my gun?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my gosh, what was that movie? There was one of those.
Speaker 1: Uh oh tonight you've been long to me, you know, And it was just the scariest song because it was it was in a movie about it. I can't think yeah, and it was it was set against this young girl who turned out to be a hatchet murderer and it was the scariest damn song in the world because of what it was depicting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, boy, context is everything, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you're a fan of everything we do here at tuned in with Jim Cummings, you could support the show on Patreon for bonus exclusive podcasts, as well as early in ad free access to the show itself, prize drawings, and more. You'll feel the difference, So go ahead and join the tuned in family today at Patreon dot com, slash Jim Cummings podcast Do It Now.
Speaker 4: But you know, I mean all of that speech has of course helped me in doing adr when I have to go and reproduce what I've done on film, you know, doing any kind of animation and work. That's been a lot of you know, because you know, is it, how close is she? How far is she? You having to work on the micro all that. But one of the things that having all that speech definitely helped with was I speak languages I don't speak, you know. I people say, I've been asked by a director, Okay, let's hear some Native American. I'm like, well, that's kind of like me asking you can we hear some European, German, Italian? Which one I've spoken la Quota several times, Dine Sashawani Mick Mack. I mean, just languages that I have to learn by ear by wrote, you know, and and so yeah, it really was helpful to go through all of those voice did you go to did you go to voice acting school?
Speaker 2: Kind of?
Speaker 1: Well, I took a course once a long time ago, but I you know, I was, I was in speech as a kid, you know, I was really annoying as yeah. Yeah, but but I I did that and I just had an ear for it, I guess, you know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I took a workshop.
Speaker 1: I took Andrea Romano's workshop, and uh, I think Genmy McSwain was in there a.
Speaker 2: Few times and that was it, you know.
Speaker 1: Then then I just you know, I I as far as any education, I just used to do impressions of my aunts and uncles. And you know I've said it before, Well, Leatherhead from Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles is uh. I was a deckhand on the riverboat in New Orleans for a long time.
Speaker 2: And he was he was the Leon LeBlanc.
Speaker 1: He was from down Dan Napo Joe, Louisiana, and he was he was Leatherhead, the villain on the Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles. So that's that was like my education, just imitating people and being annoying, right, you.
Speaker 4: Know, And that's something too like I I can only do impressions of people that I know, Hm, hmm, like I have this friend who talks like this, you know, but it's and then and then it happened. I was like I was saying or doing a quote and apparently I could do Trump. And then I was like, okay, enough never I never did it again.
Speaker 6: That really good Trump impression. Frank Frank kell Yando does a hilarious one. Who was that, Jim Maskum does you can't give us a little one?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you got to give us a little Trump.
Speaker 4: I'd have to like find a quote and then I could do it. But then you have to hear what he was saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, call us up right now and quick get on the phone. There's a strange man in the corner signaling something. I don't know what he saying.
Speaker 6: But do you ever use those impressions of your friends and family and your work?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: I mean well, just just like I had mentioned how I took the ad and turn it into a murderous grandmother.
Speaker 5: You we do a lot.
Speaker 4: I think we do a lot of that, don't know. Yeah, it's like, okay, well I'm kind of hearing this person that I know in this set of words. And then and and you just kind of place it there, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and then you know acting is reacting Yeah, and you know if you hear something, you react to it. You go back and forth. Did you always always know you would end up here doing this?
Speaker 4: No, I was. I was very shy, very studious. I studied physics and philosophy first wow and then but my whole entire family a lot of a lot of indigenous peoples of America. We have the highest capita that joined the military. So my whole entire family a military right. My grandfather on my father's side served World War One. My grandfather on my dad's side was one of the Alaska Natives that they plucked from the village. When the Japanese invaded US. In World War Two, they spent sent more than more troops in the beaches of Normandy there, and then my father was Korea and Vietnam, and my brothers where Iraq. My sister massa sergeant in the Air Force. But I realized that I.
Speaker 2: Was thank you there for their service.
Speaker 3: God bless again.
Speaker 4: My name means peace. She's the Goddess of peace. So I realized that the majority of jobs that at that time in the eighties, uh I was a female.
Speaker 2: For one, ah, yes, I see where you go.
Speaker 4: And then for two, the majority of those jobs were going to be in defense contracting. And that's not really why I wanted. Why I was putting physics and philosophy together. I was really searching for that interconnectedness that which you know, now we've learned all of these new things, and so I still keep up on the physics. But no, I was the oldest child and the oldest grandchild, and in order to keep everyone together, I started writing plays when I was ten years old, and just like so I knew everybody was like your entrance is from here, here's your mine. You know. I just kept everybody in order. But and then always did it. In junior high, in high school, I was in the Anchorage Civic Opera and this, you know, my high school swing choir. We went to Europe and traveled everywhere. So you're a singer, Yeah, I did. I do sing, and you know it, it was something it's something that I love doing. But I you know, at this point, I'm focusing on on doing the producing, in the in the storytelling in that way.
Speaker 2: So oh yehow well that's great.
Speaker 1: So you're on both sides of the camera and both sides of the microphone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's why you know, I uh started the production company was being able to herald a story from from you know, the seed and to to and the thought to to then putting it out into the world and letting it go. And I really enjoy putting people together that you know that I, you know, worked on hundreds of projects and so I have so many different people that I've worked with that you know, I can't wait for this person to work with this person, you know, or and to put put everyone together is something that your.
Speaker 1: Love of storytelling just carries you through so much of this. Yeah, it sounds like that's that's a beautiful tradition. Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I learned something interesting about you in my research that you were in a music video for Beyonce and jay Z. What were they like? Are you allowed to say?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Interestingly enough, I actually didn't film with them. Oh no, I filmed in the same day that they were filming in that same church, but I didn't My my scenes weren't with them. I play Ava du Verney. I guess had become a fan and then but especially of what I was finally, you know, saying on Twitter and or social media, and it's decided that she wanted me to be the president of the United States four hundred and forty four years from now. And I was actually out at the anniversary of celebration or ceremony for Standing Rock for the events that happened out at Standing Rock years ago.
Speaker 6: Sorry for the for the ignorant like me, what is that?
Speaker 4: So in twenty sixteen, the the Lakota people, the Standing Rock Suit people, stopped a pipeline from going through.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh okay, I remember that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, and they sent in troops and it was it was a many many days standoff anyway. So I was there and out of the blue, I get this call saying, hey, can you get to New York by Monday. I'm like, yeah, okay for Ava Duvarney. And I didn't know what it was. And when I showed.
Speaker 6: Up, you kneho she was.
Speaker 4: Though I knew I knew who Ava was, I didn't know what it was for. It was the untitled Ava DuVernay project. And when I got there that's when I learned that it was Jay Z and Beyonce.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Wow, that's cool. But you didn't get to meet them.
Speaker 4: No, did not get to meet them.
Speaker 3: Well, they didn't get to meet you.
Speaker 2: Let's put it. Let's get perspective.
Speaker 6: I wanted some dirt. I wanted some dirt on the illuminati.
Speaker 2: You can make something up.
Speaker 6: I'm joking. I'm joking. Don't sue me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Oh my gosh, that's amazing. Well, you've had quite a interesting career, that, aren't you amazing?
Speaker 4: You know, if you ever hear me say I'm bored, then I have gone insane.
Speaker 6: Sure do you have like a dream role or character or story you want to tell?
Speaker 4: Well, there are several that I have in the in the bucket for the production company that are you know, in line for telling these stories. One that I am still continuing to harold and potentially working with the French production company is the story of Molly Spotted Elk, who was the first Native American indigenous silent movie star. And she was a dancer on vaudeville and realized when she was there that she wasn't going to be able to perform her traditional dances and be an artist as an indigenous woman, and had spent a lot of time with jazz musicians and artists in New York and they all said, go to Paris, and so she went to Paris and became amused for sculptors and married a French journalist, Archambau was his name. And then the Germans invaded and she had to escape over the Pyrenees mountains with her child. And so just this epic story, right, and she became the holder of the punop Scot peoples like culture and knowledge and dance and tradition and just beautiful story and kind of an epic story. So that's one that I've been holding on to that I want, I'm really looking forward to getting made one day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right on, yeah, right on, cheers.
Speaker 1: You know, I cannot think of his name, but he another Native American actor. He was He played Tonto in The Lone Ranger.
Speaker 3: Who oh, j Silver Heels no the movie.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, oh oh, And I cannot think of his name.
Speaker 3: But oh god, somebody here call up right now and tell us.
Speaker 2: But he made this movie.
Speaker 1: It was The Lone Ranger, I think Clinton Spillsbury or whatever. It was the last one, like maybe twenty years ago. And he told the story that you know, the director said, well, you know, a Lone Ranger has been hurt. He's really bad, and perhaps you can if you know some some healing songs or you know this or that that that hid from his Native American heritage.
Speaker 2: And he goes, well, I'm not going to say these.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna you know, just it would be sacrilege to do it with this goofy guy here.
Speaker 2: He's some some guy with a mask. And I'm faithful in you, companion. If you call me that, I'll kill you.
Speaker 1: And and he said, uh, I'll tell you what, Yeah, I'll sing some stuff for you. And there were other Native American guys on the set and he started singing these songs and they bust up laughing, and he and he goes, what the hell?
Speaker 2: What the director stopped? Cut, cut, cut, what's the matter?
Speaker 3: And he goes, he goes, do you know what he just said?
Speaker 2: And he said no.
Speaker 1: He goes, please don't let this honky die before he signs my pay check.
Speaker 4: Not bad, that's really good. Yeah, fun facts to.
Speaker 2: Know and tell. Oh my gosh, anyway, that's yes.
Speaker 6: I was thinking about this on the drive in this morning. The question for both of you, who is one person that you've worked with that really inspired you or you've learned a lot from m boy.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 4: I mean in a way that's like for me that the question of like what's your favorite project movie you've ever done? And it's like this, like ask my favorite child is because every single one I I go in with so much like what can I what can I learn from this? You know?
Speaker 3: So my favorite is the next one, you.
Speaker 1: Know, honestly, I mean because you know, I kind of knew that I would always do this and hoped. But that's all you can do is hope and then try and then act on that hope and then knock on lots of wood and say your prayers and do your research, and so yeah, my favorite is the next one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, and then I have a whole like for me beginning in the nineties, you know, I had such a small group of people who had been through I guess the till that I was going through, right, So Buffy, Saint Marie and Tantu Cardinal and you know others that could sort of give me that some some you know, mentorship in a way with you know what, with everything, and and I I think we went through such a tremendous time. Jane Fonda really pushing a lot of that that was Lakota Woman's Siege at Wounded ne which I was not named for the Golden Globe for she heralded a slew of native films that were brought brought onto TN T and and and then of course, you know, we have as we've moved forward, we've come through spaces and time where where now we have reservation dogs. We have other stories that where we finally have gotten into, you know, seeing some of the comedy. There's one called North of North and it's set in Alaska, in this north Northern village, and and all of the characters are are Alaska Native. And it's just I just love seeing where we've gone to from this sort of where I come from, a sort of the manifest destiny characters, to now where we can have these full, three dimensional characters that are flawed and funny, you know.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you know, yeah, it doesn't have to be so serious. Yeah, yeah, we can lighten up now we've made it. Yeah, gotcha, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That makes sense, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well from all that pain, you know, comes a lot of beauty, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 1: I mean, it just seems to be that way. Yeah, you know, I know the Irish first came over here, and they were they were used to build dams and railroads and everything, you know, and I'm I'm glad some of my relatives made it through all that.
Speaker 3: And they they were they were used as kind of like the.
Speaker 4: Irish was the low, considered the low of the low.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were. Yeah, they were. Damn can you believe that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I know when I first So when I first came from Alaska to Philadelphia and my I was like, okay, well, there aren't any indigenous people here one of the oldest cities in America, right, But I found you know, Seamus and Fergie and they and they had their Gaelic words and their funny jokes and there, and I was like, that's when I first it first hit me that wait a minute, we all come from tribes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh that's for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well they were very expendable because you always get a free irishman.
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 1: They were getting off the boat air come on over Sean, here, dig this hole, you know, and if you and if something happens to him and he gets washed away, shame us.
Speaker 3: You're not You're up, come on, you know.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I think we've all taken a turn at the at the in the pits.
Speaker 2: You know, it just seems to be the way, right.
Speaker 4: No, I think that's life. Yeah, I think, you know, how are we to learn anything unless we fail a bunch of times? And then life is is not fair, It is difficult.
Speaker 1: You might be onto something there, I'm gonna write that down, or you're not kidding, you are not kidding.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you ever have like the worst experience in the business. I mean, because everybody's got their greatest hits and here and there, but and once, every now and then, something will happen and you go, oh, man, what the hell?
Speaker 4: Well, I think in a way, my my very first film was a Trial by Fire, and you know, the producer on that was we were way over scheduled, and and I think he, you know, he apparently used every epic, you know, every bomb you could think of to keep to get things to go. And so after that, everything just felt like a cake walk in comparison, especially doing animation, you know, I mean, and and also an animation. You know, I'm out in the woods, in the rain and the elements and on the ocean, you know, and and I can be a female, you know, general, fighting alien bugs in the future. I can be you know, I can be an archaeologist and you know, and for the Anes Sauzy and Scooby Doo, you know what I mean, Like it was, it was a little more imaginative. It is a little bit more imaginative.
Speaker 1: If you're a fan of everything we do here at tuned In with Jim Cummings, you could support the show on Patreon for bonus exclusive podcasts as well as early in ad free access to the show itself, prize drawings, and more. You'll feel the difference, so go ahead and join the tuned In family today at patreon dot com slash Jim Cummings Podcast.
Speaker 6: Do it now you have a preference of on camera or voice acting.
Speaker 4: I mean, at the end of the day, yeah, it is a little bit more comfortable going to his studio and you know, and getting through a whole episode of something in a day. Yeah, it's those two ten days or fourteen days.
Speaker 2: There's something to be said for that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I do love especially an episodic where you've done episodic where we actually get together in a room instead of just being alone. I know, because when you're alone it is all about your imagination, with the help of course the directors and and and the script. But when when, when we're all in a studio together, we just start riffing off each other and it just becomes so much more.
Speaker 2: It's so much better.
Speaker 1: Yeah really, yeah, yeah, I missed that. And of course COVID knocked us all up.
Speaker 4: Yeah that that's not happening anymore, and that.
Speaker 2: Still hasn't really bounced back.
Speaker 1: The only thing I'm doing on a steady basis Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or out house.
Speaker 2: Whichever one.
Speaker 1: We're on a lot of a lot of mouse and mice out there, but and we're always alone. Everybody flies solo. I mean, you might see somebody coming in as you're leaving. But I don't know. I think COVID scared us all I'm not doesn't bother me. I had it, didn't even know it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm working on Nickelodeon something I can't talk about yet. But but that was my first experience of doing an episodic alone. I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, you know it all comes out in the wash, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like it just it's gonna take some smash hit show where they decide, you know what, we're all going to record in a room together and everybody's gonna love it, and then Hollywood be like, oh, maybe maybe we should start doing this again. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, Or or somebody has to go up to them and be like, hey, you can save a whole bunch of money if you do this, and they'll be like, okay, let's do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll do it.
Speaker 4: I got to direct Autry Museum does the radio plays of original you know, original works, and so I got to direct one of them years years ago. But I to work with the fully artist and oh, everyone up on stage reading, you know, doing this the stage reading, you know, being recorded, and just such so much fun, so much fun.
Speaker 2: Fully artists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they have fun, don't they.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I'm sure you've seen them do it and everything and they're they're trubbing trucking through sand and here's the gravel pit, and here's the swamp, which is you know, like a basin, and they're chomping around in mud and everything, and it's it's so cool and what.
Speaker 2: A cool gig.
Speaker 6: I've always found their work so fascinating and imaginative. I just saw this clip on social media the other day and it was the fully artist for Dune, the Dune movies, Oh gosh, And they made this busy you know, the for the sound of the propellers of one of the ships like taking off. It was like a mix of like a dragonfly and a hummingbird. And they literally like designed this instrument where when they waved it through the air, it would like vibrate but kind of sound like a bug. It also sound mechanical, and I was like, how cool is that? You know, Like it was like, no, it was like a device that they you know, they probably derived it from something like that, but it was like something that they made just so it could produce this unique sound.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow.
Speaker 6: Or like you know, on like Mortal Kombat, they're like smashing water melons to make it sound like skulls. You think of, like, oh, what's going to sound like a skull smashing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Ouch?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the art of fully yes yeah.
Speaker 6: Or the Folly Show at Universal Studios. That's like one of my favorite shows to go to. They like bring somebody up on stage and they play a clip of a movie and they have like drums and bongos and stuff and they're like, okay, try and make this sound. And then there's always the I don't know if that show is still there or not, but at the very end there's like a scene where somebody throws a pot at somebody and then they have to hit the pan. But during the show when they bring the audience member up, they never changed like the timing of it. So usually it's like way off. And when they play the clip back, it's like so comedic because like the panel hit and then you hear the.
Speaker 1: Dong yeah, yeah, yeah, that's always good to see when when it's like, oops.
Speaker 2: Screwed that up.
Speaker 1: I remember Barnabas called there was a soap operas used to be Are they live now still souper?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: But there was one back of Dark Shadows, that's what it was, and it was it was a live show. I don't I have no idea why, and they were trying to shoot. There was a vampire getting ready to shot and he went like this, and he shot the bullet and and smoke came out and then bang. Any guy's going, uh yeah, okay, yeah, take.
Speaker 2: That the show, you know, keep on going.
Speaker 3: Well, that's one good thing about voiceover, you can just.
Speaker 2: Fix it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, have so have you ever thought about this? I did this book on tape, and it was four days, I think, you know, eight hour days of reading and it was set in the near dystopian future with like an African American soldier and this group that was like kind of very folk that you know, had built a try I mean, just all these different characters. And I think after day two, day three, maybe I was driving back and I couldn't I had an existential crisis. I couldn't find my own voice. I was like, and then I was like, but why what is this my voice? Why? Why is this my voice?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Why did I choose this to be my voice when I can do all these other voices? Why did I settle on this one?
Speaker 6: Oh that's interesting?
Speaker 2: Wow? Great? Thanks?
Speaker 4: But you know, probably has to do with you know, where you read your resting voice, you know where?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably whatever.
Speaker 4: I believe this is my voice.
Speaker 1: You sound a lot like you. Thank you, you really do. It's very beautiful. It's a wonderful thing.
Speaker 6: Well, Jimmy, you talked about before how it's it's kind of weird for you to like do your own voice in a character. Yeah, you know, because you're so yeah, your range is so massive and like playing a cartoon, you almost want to be animated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I remember, I can't even think.
Speaker 1: It might have been a Bunker's episode, but uh I was a doorman. Uh in they were they were doing something. I don't know what they were doing, but they were going in out of a hotel and they said, oh, Jim be the doorman, and I go, oh, okay, well was he from New York?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 3: No, just use your own voice? And I went, what's that?
Speaker 2: What's that supposed to mean?
Speaker 5: Kind of crap?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 6: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Use my own voice?
Speaker 5: But you like this one?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, no, you wouldn't want that one. So I don't know.
Speaker 4: So for years I went on tour with my husband, we did music together, and that to me. So when you're doing theater, there's the third wall. I mean every I mean, in our town, I broke the third wall all the time. But you know, I was used to it by that point. But I'm never like with doing performing music. Performing like that, you have to you know, eye contact, connecting with the audience and you know, again going back to that, I'm I'm shy, you know, thing like it was such a huge hurdle to get over because you know it's like, oh no, I mean, I'm just me, you know, I'm just I mean, I'm the one over here who does all these other other people and gets to you know, be brave and do all these things and said has the right words to say because there's a script, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 4: To hide behind, You're right, but yeah, it is an interesting quality to to realize that, you know, what we what makes us imaginative also probably or in a lot of our come from a lot of what we had to grow up with, you know, being shy or what it is, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well who was it? There was that joke about Charlie Brown. He was getting picked on or something and and by a group of kids. I can't remember how it went, but he started a discussion group and got himself out of it.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like he was his exit.
Speaker 1: He started it, you know, to distract the bulletiser or something like that. And it was a good little uh, good little cover.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, it's always good to have that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So for Pocahontas, they modeled Pocahontas his face after yours correct.
Speaker 4: So they recorded all the recordings? Do they do they record for you? Did they record for when you were doing Father Powaton?
Speaker 3: Oh you made video video?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh no, no, no, I think I think they did. Perhaps Russell they did.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Honda, they used your face they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so my star wars.
Speaker 3: I really hope I don't look a lot like him.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Anyway, I know that they were. They were, they recorded the recording sessions, and then Glenn Keen would talked about that he you know, would use it for Disney Animated. Yeah, all that you know, married to his wife who he fashioned a little mermaid after two.
Speaker 3: So oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I remember when Pocahontas came out and Russell Means was on Entertainment tonight, and I remember thinking, what the heck is he talking about? Because I did the singing. I was I was your dad, uh singing? Instead he has to be ingram and beautiful, beautiful song. And I thought that was like a hymn.
Speaker 2: Uh. It felt like I was in church when when I heard that song.
Speaker 1: And and I don't know if he was kind of busting Disney's chops. I know he I hadn't met him at that time, and uh, and they were asking him, well.
Speaker 2: What was it like?
Speaker 1: Was a great time, I mean, you know, getting to tell this classic story and and here you are the chief, your father of Pocahontas.
Speaker 3: And he goes, well, my favorite thing was all the singing.
Speaker 2: I think you weasel.
Speaker 4: Oh no, he was saying that, yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh yeah, he did all the singing.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed the singing, you know, Okay, well, okay, I gave him the single digit salute and you know it's but then I ended up, I don't know, if.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 3: I ended up being the speaking and singing in the sequels.
Speaker 4: Sequels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was fun. That was a lot of fun. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I have to tell you that was one of my favorite gigs because what happened is they sold a grillion of those album albums.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I had a duet on and it was with myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was Gordon toutosis and Russell means and.
Speaker 6: I pay you as two people.
Speaker 2: Shame.
Speaker 3: I mean, that was my favorite soundtrack ever.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Did you guys ever record together? Did you two ever record together separately?
Speaker 4: No? I did one recording session with Russell. I think he wanted he wanted to get that.
Speaker 2: Sure anybody would.
Speaker 4: But people always ask me, you know, so what was it like working with Mel Gibson? And I'm like, I did a whole entire romance movie with the man and I've never met him, so I don't I was going to ask you that, you know, and I have to explain, you know, about how we work, you know, alone in the studio. And I got to it when you know, at Buena Vista, I was coming out of my session and Linda Hunt was coming in.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know, grandmother Tree. That's amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And uh and then as far as everybody thinks Mel Gibson this great singer, because Jess Harnell saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was the one who sang for mel Gibson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, it's funny how that works.
Speaker 2: A lot of us are stunt singers.
Speaker 4: But you did your own singing, correct, non j d Cune I think was on board. She was on board to do the singing. Voice. She was on she had just Chess and Sunset Boulevard just really bursting out right at that time. So I think that she's perfect. Yeah, my, my, traditional singing. I think might have fought a little bit with with yeah, with the Broadway because I because I don't I don't have that Broadway belt, so I don't. That's not it's much more indigenous and or soft. It's like, you know, poetic and soft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there you go.
Speaker 6: Did they did you have to sing for them for them to make that decision?
Speaker 4: I did sing, but I think, as I mentioned, I think that they had hired Gud already, so yeah.
Speaker 6: So they were just like, we don't even need to hear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she's awesome. That the wind. I mean, it's a powerhouse of a song that you know, this.
Speaker 6: Day, iconic period.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now I'll have that in my head, I know.
Speaker 1: You know, which is that's what their job is, right, yeah, sandwiches sand which is yeah, I remember writing the words to that, and and did I don't want to repeat myself, but but they were I was there when they were finishing up the lyrics, and they didn't have savages savages and and and they were sandwiches sent which is that's a good rhyme what rhymes with sandwiches?
Speaker 2: And they're come out.
Speaker 1: I'll have him on rye, you know, and they were just putting in lyrics just as placeholders until they came up with the lyrics, and I was thinking, so this is how you win Academy Awards.
Speaker 2: Really is that?
Speaker 1: Are you sure sandwiches sandwich is sending phylis noom and.
Speaker 4: What. Yeah, I might have preferred those lyrics. You do have to say that it was it was disconcerting to me that there was the possibility of a lot of children in the world running around singing savages savages. So it was very disconcerned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they put the I know, I know, but I know what you're saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's what's your opinion on like the censorship of old things like that? Me personally, no, I think I think it should be left as is. But I like, I think Disney does Disney plus and they put like a little warning, a little disclaimer like this is not.
Speaker 4: Well it got the NPA rating for racism. Yeah, in the same year that Gone with the Wind got it. Really Yeah, so it was it was a tight rope that I've been walking for all these years. And and like again, the subject matter is about racism, right, it's you know, yeah, it's about you know that you the only you think the only people are people who look like and think like you. You know, So it really is, that's what it's about. But I think overall it introduced to the world the concepts of the indigenous indigenous life, and and I think it still resonates so much, especially when I see mothers or women who you know, who grew up with it. You know, generally they're in their thirties now because this was thirty one years ago, and and you know just how much it meant to them in a spiritual way, Like it meant something to them about her freedom, her the strength of stopping a war from happening, that a child could do this, you know. And I think also as far as the historical inaccuracies go, it created a whole bunch of teachers who went out there and said, this is what the real story is. So I believe any form of communication is good. I just think it is. It's a little space and time that we can't go back and change what we've done, and we shouldn't because we need to learn from far from our history, not erase it.
Speaker 1: I completely again, and not repeat it completely, because now you know what not to do exactly.
Speaker 6: And if you just act like it never happened, then we're doomed to repeat it again. That's right, I agree, Yeah, well said, well said. I totally believe that as well.
Speaker 1: If you're a fan of everything we do here at tuned In with Jim Cummings, you could support the show on Patreon for bonus exclusive podcasts, as well as early in ad free access to the show itself, prize drawings, and more. You'll feel the difference, so go ahead and join the tuned In family today at patreon dot com slash Jim Cummings Podcast.
Speaker 2: Do it now?
Speaker 6: Should we do a little voice swap?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: Sure, so you're you're familiar with this, right, you were alluding to it in the beginning that you were getting ready for what's coming.
Speaker 1: Okay, better look and see what I've got here, boy, hottie, she's got an important call.
Speaker 4: You have some to Oh, no, I got these are my where I put my little They're in the phone? Yeah?
Speaker 6: How about you get us started then?
Speaker 4: Okay, so there, and but who would you be doing because it really would make a difference of if you're because you know all.
Speaker 2: The like, well, I'll do the most inappropriate voice I think that'd be the way to go.
Speaker 4: And it's hard because I actually was like, okay, let's find some funny quotes, and you know, we have to actually go and research ourselves. Right. A lot of people just think that, you know, you've got this, you know, just right there, and I do have my my few things and that just like people asking me what's your favorite scene in the movie and me saying when she stops a war from happening, and you know, and having to do that on stage and and right at this time in history has been really interesting. So yeah, it's anyway. So okay, you know your path child, now follow it. That's actually grandmother Willow.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well that's that I could that sounds like Tigger.
Speaker 3: So I'll do this line and then and then uh, and.
Speaker 2: Then I'll give you one.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know your past child, now bounce it. I love it just sounded just like her. Let's see.
Speaker 6: Who would you know who we don't do enough voice swamps with is Ray?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, that's true Ray from Princess and the Frog.
Speaker 2: Okay, now he was a Cajun firefly.
Speaker 1: And uh, I'll let dealer's choice with your response.
Speaker 2: But one of My favorite lines.
Speaker 5: Is you know, the women love a man with a big back poach.
Speaker 3: Yes, and yes he is talking about his bum.
Speaker 5: The women love a man with a big back poach.
Speaker 2: Have at you, let's hear it.
Speaker 6: So I say, you have to say, take one of your character voices.
Speaker 4: Mhm, because I did. I did kind of a Wicked Witch of the West slash Joan Rivers.
Speaker 3: Which is pokemon, which is redundant.
Speaker 6: You can you can do a couple, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 4: So we can say it again.
Speaker 5: The women love a man with a big back poach.
Speaker 4: The women love a man with a big black porch.
Speaker 7: Black porch, Okay, I said back, but.
Speaker 6: I like black is even better.
Speaker 3: Kind of like that.
Speaker 6: You're gonna start saying that joke.
Speaker 7: Okay, everybody.
Speaker 2: Woman with the big.
Speaker 6: Is that which?
Speaker 2: I don't know who that was, but she she does.
Speaker 3: She do books on tape, I hope not.
Speaker 4: That was a little bit of the Wicked Witch of the West.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it was.
Speaker 3: Okay. Okay, well, well you give me a line and I'll figure out who to.
Speaker 6: Do it out.
Speaker 4: Okay, we are all connected to each other in a circle, in a hoop that never ends.
Speaker 2: Okay, who should cat talk? We Yeah, cat.
Speaker 7: Okay, we are all connected to each other in a circle and a hoop that never ends. And how the heck do these twop take a poop? Speaking of hoops anyway, I have no idea. Don't ask, don't look.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it never ends?
Speaker 3: What the poop?
Speaker 2: Never mind? Oh gosh, that's true. So thank you so much much for being here.
Speaker 4: So glad to be here.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Thank you everything that you want to do, I hope.
Speaker 1: So I was going to say, do you have anything you want to announce that you want to do and that's coming up, that's on the horizon, all the.
Speaker 6: Projects where people can find you anything like that stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, a film I did called baby Love just one best picture at the San Walka Film Festival.
Speaker 6: Wow, congratulations will be coming out Baby Love.
Speaker 4: I have quite a few in the can now. And then uh, things with my production company as well, Right On Productions, Yes, yes, what Iron Woman Productions.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I was looking for a name and I thought, you know, tiny but mighty, I'm looking for all these names for my production. I had one in Alaska and then we lost our film tax incentives, so I had to reincorporate here and trying to figure out a name, and my cree name is iron Woman, and that was like, of course that was the last one. But you know, after for forty five minutes of thinking of different names and looking up to see whether it was available, and we're like, well, I mean, there's no way iron Woman is going to be available, like Marvel would have thought.
Speaker 2: Right, first thing I thought of, Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's iron Woman productions. Wow, we have we have a few productions coming up. We have six parts of series. Christmas Killers is the first killers, Death of Death is a living Yeah, what's based on well, yeah, hopefully Christmas. Yeah, and then I have I have a few. I have a few in the in the works, so yeah, right on, we'll.
Speaker 6: Be looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you all for watching another episode of Tuned In with Jim Cummings. We really appreciate you watching. And I have a little bone to pick with some of you. I'm looking at the YouTube analytics and a lot of you watching art subscribed and that's not good for yourself because YouTube is a weird website. You know, you can watch something on YouTube and then it's never recommended to you again, So make sure that doesn't happen. If you like this content and if you liked it so much that you want to see more good news, you can find tuneday with Jim Cummings on Patreon. We have bonus interviews, we have contest giveaways, a whole bunch of extra stuff that you don't see anywhere else, So be sure to check that out. And with all that said and done, Actually almost forgot, but wait, we are doing the podcast live this year with fan Xpo.
Speaker 2: True, that's true, right be there.
Speaker 6: Yes, we get on the stage do the same things that we're doing right here, but you get to watch in the audience, and then we have some questions and answers at the end. The next show that we are doing is going to be in Calgary at Calgary Fan Expo April twenty third to the twenty sixth, followed by Philadelphia May twenty ninth to the thirty first, Chicago Fan Expo August four teenth to the sixteenth, Toronto. I believe that one's called It's called something else, but it's with Fan Expo. It's called Wonder Con. Oh could be yeah, Wonder I'm doing such a bad such a bad job advertising. But in Toronto August twenty seventh to the thirtieth, Dallas September eleventh to the thirteenth, and San Francisco November twenty seventh to the twenty ninth, with more dates to be announced, So be sure to check that out. It's a good time. I like doing it live. It's really fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people.
Speaker 6: Yeah. The last timefull we had like two thousand people in the room last time. Every time it gets bigger and bigger. It's been a great which is great. Yeah, it's good. Yeah to get that feedback. And it's great to work with Fan Expo. I mean they're great, They're so hospitable. It's always a great time, great, easy to spell. So be sure to check that out. And with all that said, said and done, once again, I'm producer Chris the Legend, mister Jim Cummings, Irene Bedart. Thank you so much for being here today and we will see you all in the next one. That was great.
Speaker 1: Our podcast has partnered with the largest comic con in North America, Fan Expo, the Juggernaut. We're touring all over North America live, so get your tickets and come be a part of the live audience.
Speaker 2: It'll be fun.
Speaker 1: Go to FANEXPOHQ dot com for the tickets. We'll see you in a city near you or a little bit away, but you can drive. Thanks for tuning in to tuned In with Jim Cummings