Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Fudday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 3: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 3: Two nothing.
Speaker 2: It's Alva not so fast Coho breath with John Taylor.
Speaker 3: I say that the winner of the draft lottery should be the winner of a two man loose.
Speaker 4: And Rick Dolly Wall I had a cherry tree up a little Ricky. I used to go up that tree and just sit there for hours and bunch on New Cherry Years.
Speaker 2: Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 3: Ten o'clock at downtown Vancouver, Brother Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnia and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dolly Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man that the controls are directed. The voice of God is Derek One. How are you couldn't be better?
Speaker 4: It's raining today. Don't start, don't start. You know we had a good string of seven eight days of sun and now.
Speaker 3: Not so much.
Speaker 4: Don't start.
Speaker 3: Gloomy outside, gloomy inside Rogers Arena. Last night we'll talk about the Stars and the Canucks in a bit. But I want to.
Speaker 4: Start the show with this.
Speaker 3: Moments ago, we finished recording an interview with Penn State men's hockey head coach. He's been there for thirteen seasons, Guy Goadowski, who's from Ebonton, and the reason we got Guy on the show is obvious. He is the head coach of the Penn State Nitney Lion is the leading scorer is Gavin McKenna, Canadian?
Speaker 4: Good kid? Likely?
Speaker 3: Can I use that word? I think I think I can the first overall pick come June in the National Hockey League Draft. You want to pay attention to this interview for a couple of reasons. We brought up Gavin's infamous I would say, off vice incident, so that you're also not going to believe who Guy Godowski compares Gavin McKenna too, So you want to stick around for that. That's our next segments. Meanwhile, Rogers Arena Last Night Stars meant did they make it look easy? After that first Stars over the Cannucks by a score of six, six to one, We're not going to do a highlight. I think we're past that given the given the season, We're not a highlight show given the season the Canucks have had. But I will show this Dallas's first first goal Adam Ernie. And you know how at the end of every really horrible season that any team in any sport has, the television stations like ours and others networks will put together a highlight reel that just kind of sums up every thing for what this team went through. That this goal will be there. This is nothing against the key to Tolapilo. There were other just horrible goals last night that definitely weren't his fault. The giveaways, but the Connects had like twenty one twenty two giveaways last night. It was It was an awful performance by them in the second and third period. And I know we expect that now, and maybe that's a good thing if you're a rebuilt person like I am. But this goal just kind of kind of summed things.
Speaker 4: Up, typifies their year done. It's just everything that could go wrong this year has gone wrong, and this goal right here tells you this is the year. This is the kind of year has been for the Vancouver Connects right there.
Speaker 3: And again, nothing against Telapillo. It was six to one. If it wasn't for that guy, it would have been ten or eleven one. Well, that actually played a good game and he gave up six goals.
Speaker 4: What if Ranton was in the lineup last night done, it would have been Yeah, there you go, Yeah, six seventy eight nine.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the connuccept just the numbers are I guess again, if you're a rebuild person, it's what you want. They've lost six stra eight twenty two of twenty five, outscore twenty five to eight in their last five games, eleven two over their last two games. I could go on and on, but thirty second overall, thirty second goals against per game, and penny killing percentage twenty three points out of a playoff spot. People changing the channel left and right as we speak. But again, the stat that I think really sums things up. You know, if you're somebody who's into a rebuild ten points behind the thirty first Saint Louis Blues, why am I I laughing? We'll do a poll one of these days. Is this the poorest knuck season ever? It's certainly it's right up there. It's certainly right up there. I've got a few other candidates and we'll we'll get into that later.
Speaker 4: You and I watched some bad teams in the eighties, mid late eighties, early after eighty two. He went downhill there and then the John McCaw years were not great. There was one in ninety eight that was horrible.
Speaker 3: Ninety eight ninety nine when and I said, I wasn't gonna get into it. But when Crawford took over from Keenan and that lineup was actually pretty good, and that was that was an awful, awful, awful performance by the team. So that that's that's for another day. So as if things couldn't get worse, well, actually, let's do this. Let's do this. Tyler Myers a third straight roster management decision takes the warm up, doesn't play what it's almost a week now, which what's going on there?
Speaker 4: I've never been through something like this down. I was told this morning that the Meyers situation is still in a holding pattern. Will the market developed for Myers where more teams are interested in his services? He is waiting for that, like look, anything can change with one phone call. But I was told the Meyers situation this morning is in a holding pattern. It was six days ago Don when he was first presented no sorry seven days ago when he was presented. It is a week with the no move to Detroit. And it's not like he's got anything against Detroit. He doesn't. It's just that there's other situations he's possibly waiting for and the market is slow. Connuck players, I'm sorry. I know everybody in this city wants one hundred trades right now. They're veteran players are not wanted like they're they're all overpaid and underachieving. I'm sorry, people, but there's just not a lot of interest in Connack veterans right now. And I'm sorry that's the way it is.
Speaker 3: But okay, but that doesn't explain there must be interesting Tyler, myyer, there is not play games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of teams looking for right shot d right right now.
Speaker 3: But it's just he's he.
Speaker 4: And here we go again. Don you want to hand out no moves like they're candy at Halloween? You the agent said, listen to me. He controls it. That's why he took less money in his last year with Vancouver to get the no move. He controls it. The Canucks have zero control. They can they can help him by developing a market for him, like go call Dallas and say hey, can you can you give us what Detroit's given? USA is interested, Yeah, yeah, big time. He would wave to Dallas. His family is from we did this Yesterday's from where Donny Well he was born in he was Houston, but he grew up in Calgary. But he's got connections to uh uh, Dallas. His family is still.
Speaker 3: There's a long time ago he was he was born.
Speaker 4: I think his family is still there. But anyways, he likes Dallas. He would wave. But you got two owners that don't like each other in Toronto, No, Dallas and Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an issue too. Also a story for another day, a story that we've dealt with before. So amidst all this losing and all all these rumors, and you you mentioned the veteran players who nobody.
Speaker 4: Wants, nobody wants not right now except except.
Speaker 3: For apparently for for Tyler Meyer. Is this kind of came out of the blue because I watched that interview with LEAs Petterson yesterday and in the wake of him getting bench Saturday in Seattle, and it was it was awful, awful. Well, he came across body language really poorly, body language, not owning the situation and everything you don't you don't want to hear from a so called leader, sassy, grumpy. You've never really heard anything like that from Jake Debresk. In fact, when he was scratched, it was in Seattle earlier this season. Remember that he was asked about it afterwards. He was a healthy scratch and he he owned it. He owned it, he.
Speaker 4: Can I'm paraphrasing.
Speaker 3: He didn't didn't like it, you know, and he and he took took the blame himself, put the weight on his own own shoulders. I have to have to be better, and he's been. Uh, I would say a great employee. And you could say what what you want about him on the ice, you know, although last season was pretty successful for him as first as a as a banker of a connect he comes across very well. We run those shots at Pastime Sports all the time, him dealing.
Speaker 4: With always smiling and laughing exactly.
Speaker 3: But Ben Kuzma drops an article today Province Province dot com and this quote came out of there, and I think it took a lot. Okay, you sound like there's a great quote. Don This took a lot of people. I think by surprise given the character that debrask has. He's being honest here, so I'll give him that the character he's displayed in the past if we want to do the honors here.
Speaker 4: So this is uh Jake Debrusk with Ben Kuzma the province. I think a rebuild is hard for every player, but at the same point, it's a great opportunity for younger guys. This game humbles everybody, and it's been a little bit more than humbling this year. Obviously that rebuild is not something I would be okay with or my game does not fit that, and that's.
Speaker 3: Sorry, go ahead, but I'm surprised at that, and maybe that's the way he feels. But he's being honest here, so again I'll give him that. What about you? From what you know of Jake, this seems not a character.
Speaker 4: So I checked last week on Jake debrace to see if he had asked for a trade, and I was told no last Thursday down But clearly these comments basically are hey, if you can move me, I'd be okay with it. One of the big reasons Jake signed of Vancouver is Rick Tockett. Rick Tocket's not here anymore. Connects are in thirty second place, you're seeing a shift. You're seeing a shift now since the Olympic break with these guys. Maybe they went to the Olympic break and thought, you know what, now, I'll tell you something else. Agents usually done it. This is serious. The agents have told players in the past, if you ask for a trade publicly, it's a no win situation. So generally you don't. Agents don't want their players to ask for a trade because they're not gonna win with the Yeah, publicly, they're not gonna ask. They're not gonna win with the fans. They're not gonna Oh he wants out, get them out of here. Basically, agents tell players don't ask publicly for a trade. So I could see if he's quietly doing it beyond the scenes. But as last Wednesday Thursday, he had.
Speaker 3: Not asked for a trade.
Speaker 4: But this though, yes, yeah, this is him saying, hey, guys, if you can move me, great, if you can move me great. And Garland's probably in this situation. Patterson will get to this situation someday, you know, and Besser is not there yet. I don't have any any evidence Besser wants out. I don't have any evidence in bestor But some of these guys are now starting to say, whoa thirty second place? It could get ugly here in Vancouver for four or five six years. I could see these guys now saying, geez, I don't want to hang around.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't want those guys to stick around four years left at five point five per for Jake Debresk's no movement clause this season and next season, then I believe I'm modified no trade clause after that for the remaining three years. Is that?
Speaker 4: Is that a movable deal? It is movable in the summer right now. The Canucks were not close on any of their players on the weekend. Today's Tuesday. So are you gonna tell me you're gonna cut a deal for this guy in the next three days. They're tough to do. Cap does it? What team's got the cap? And teams don't like his term. He's got a lot of term left on his deal done. He hasn't ripped it up. He had one good year what was it.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty eight high twenty eight goals, twenty nine goals with the Canucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so look, the Canucks veterans around the league are not getting a ton of interests, bad contracts, they're underperforming. I do, like one team told me today, Patrick Alvin has got it out there. He's not scared to move to three four veterans. He's not, but he's.
Speaker 3: Just saying that from not you. They've been saying that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they open, there was a shift like didn't.
Speaker 3: And they've moved Sherwood and they've moved obviously. Quinn Hughes, yep.
Speaker 4: But Donnie, it's time to.
Speaker 3: Clock is chicking deadline Friday.
Speaker 4: And Donney, it's time to change dressing room. Obviously the dressing room is not a great dressing room. And how long we've been saying that, we've been saying that, And it's time to change the culture. You know, get in people who want to be here, get it. Get these young kids, ice time, go get a Gavin McKenna, start the rebuild. Do it properly. This is how you do it. You get rid of guys that don't want to be here. I always look at San Jose's situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more on them in a bit, But I think the perfect type of veteran is somebody like a Tyler to Foley.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh you nailed it.
Speaker 3: He's won a Stanley Cup.
Speaker 4: You you can't be more.
Speaker 3: And he sees the promise with the uh with Celebrini and he's won a Stanley Cup.
Speaker 4: He's got that. These guys, these guys.
Speaker 3: Want their legacy to grow and be on a team that wins a cup or at least.
Speaker 4: A great everywhere timer. Everywhere timer TI fully goes easier said than done. He's loved, He's loved in dressing rooms. He was loved here. He didn't want to go. He didn't want to go, but they didn't have the money to keep them. Yeah, they didn't have the money to keep them. Okay, so all of.
Speaker 3: This the Jacob usk A situation, by the way, I leave one goal in seventeen games.
Speaker 4: If that's the other part, I just told you they're all underperforming with massive contracts. Nobody wants them.
Speaker 3: Okay, before we get to the poll too, ask you this, but let's go for it. Connor Garland to Boston. Look Garland, he's from Massachusetts, the one with Massachusetts.
Speaker 4: The one veteran I could see moving by Friday's Garland. Why because he's got a no trade, Donnie. He's sitting right there, He's sitting right there, no move He can't controls.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have a no trade.
Speaker 4: He does have interest. He does have interest. Canucks are following the Islanders around with pro scouts. Ottawa's in the mix. There's teams that do like them. Boston obviously he's a Massachusetts guy, right, Donnie, there is interest in Garland. Out of all these overpaid, underperforming veterans, he's the guy people can see moving.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's let's say the waddling dog poll question. Will introduce it after the Guy Gdowski interview. Here's what's coming up on the show. Ryan, how are you you're making of what's going on there? Yeah, very quiet, maybe in a bad mood today it's RAINIOI.
Speaker 4: You're gonna rip into anybody today.
Speaker 1: I'm working. I'm working.
Speaker 3: DTMZ. Is it just me? Coming up in the eleven o'clock hour. Craig Button is going to join us just after eleven o'clock to send scouting director. And one thing I want to ask him. A friend of the show, calb mahultra rocketing up the draft rankings these days, Like what did he like when the season started, or even going back to last year, where was he like? Was he nine?
Speaker 4: Patrick Alvin just spent a week in Ontario watching Maholtra, watching all the other Ohl prospects. Yeah, they like Maholter a lot, but do not discount Tynan Lawrence. They like him a lot too as a centerman. Those are the two top centermen the Canucks like.
Speaker 3: Which would be the case if they dropped in the lottery. Thank you to I would think third. Yes, you know, Keaton Verse would be obviously a candidate as well. Big Rye the Twitter guy coming up later this hour and Ryan just the way you came across moments ago. People are pumped up for that that segment. What's going on to you? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to work over here, but we got a show going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's then you're rising the internet.
Speaker 4: No, well, yesterday you were ripping the hell out of you know who and now you're all quiet. Can get boo out of you?
Speaker 3: Okay? And up next, as we mentioned, Gavin McKenna's head coach at Penn State in charge of the NITTNY Alliance, Guy Gadowski from Ebonton. And you want to tune into this folks, for various reasons. This guy is an excellent interview and this guy Guy Gidowski. Uh, You're not gonna believe who he compares Gavin McKenna to. That's next. Thanks so much for tuning in, Folks. Donnie Dolly the team on check.
Speaker 2: Donnie and Dolly the team is supported by able Auctions dot CA. Closing your business we can help.
Speaker 3: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to.
Speaker 4: Industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able auctions dot ca, dots sales at a b l E Auctions dot Ca Tuesday and all of our guests today, including Guy Gadowski of Penn State Men's Hockey standing by brought to you by our title sponsor, Able Auctions, able Auctions dot Ca Join now by Guy Gadowski, head coach Penn State Men's Hockey. He's been there thirteen seasons Rick of course, Penn State's leading point getter Gavin McKenna thirty three points in thirty games, widely believed to be headed or on his way to being drafted first to overall at the NHL draft in.
Speaker 4: June, and Guy joins us Now, Guy, thanks for doing this, sir.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm very well. Thanks for having me. How are you? Guys?
Speaker 3: Good? Very well? As Gavin McKenna expressed his desire to be drafted by the Vancouver Cannuction, do you want a chance?
Speaker 5: He doesn't talk to me about.
Speaker 3: Teams any idea? How many interviews you've done this season versus other seasons when you didn't have a Gavin McKenna.
Speaker 6: Certainly there's been an uptich So it was good timing. We went to the Frozen four, our first ever last year, so the timing, it was good timing for both.
Speaker 3: Let's just say that, what's he like to coach? Guy?
Speaker 5: Oh, he's so much fun, so much fun.
Speaker 6: Number one, it's just so apparent that how much he loves the game, Like every time, anytime you're on the ice, he's just having a blast. So it's really he's fun to be around. And then you know, every practice he does a few things that everybody ice just sort of stops and looks around. He's like did you see that? Like, how does that happen? So he's been a lot of fun. He's a he's a very very fun, chill guy.
Speaker 3: What makes him special guy, there's.
Speaker 5: A few things.
Speaker 6: So at the start we thought it was when I say, just I just you know his vision. It's just so apparent that he sees the game and thinks to dam the game very differently than anybody else. So right off the hop you just realize he just sees everything and makes plays that no one else can see.
Speaker 5: And you think that's it.
Speaker 6: But then when you get to spend a little more time, you realize that his edges, his the way he turns and stops and moves is just quicker than everybody too.
Speaker 5: So he's got that.
Speaker 6: And and you watch him a little while longer and you realize that the backhand side of his stick is just absolutely elite, like there he has two forehands, and so it's not just the way he sees the ice. I personally, I believe that's the most spectacular thing about him, and the most fun is to try to figure out what his brain's doing, how he sees everything. But he has so many more physical gifts that are at elite level as well. So he's a little bit like the perfect storm.
Speaker 3: Is there an NHL player past or present you'd compare.
Speaker 5: Him to, well, I would. I'm from Edmonton, so I grew up.
Speaker 6: I grew up in Edmonton in the eighties, and I and I remember watching him, you know, when we were when it just first became apparent that there was a possibility of him going college and watching a lot of his stuff, and it was very evident that he sees like what like Gretzky used to like, he would do things and everybody just wonder, how did you see that? How did you how did you how did you realize that was a play? And he you know, we realized very quickly that he had that similarity.
Speaker 4: Hey, a guy before the World Juniors, there was you know, a lot of negativity about him, especially up north, not down south. But anyways, he comes back from the World Juniors for a year, he's been on a tear ten points last weekend. Does something happen after he came back from the World Juniors.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know about that.
Speaker 6: I don't necessarily think that's very fair, because you know, when he came here to college, he's the one thing about him too, is it's really important to him that he he makes everybody realize like he's he's here for the team number one, like that's that's very very obvious, and it's and it's very consistent, and and he.
Speaker 5: Really goes out of his way to make sure he.
Speaker 6: Includes everybody and and and makes everybody better and whatever the coaches want, he makes sure he does it.
Speaker 5: So it was there was that I thought that aspect of his.
Speaker 6: Game was excellent, and and he came to play with, you know, a very good player in Aiden Fink from from albert as well, and and Aiden broke his thumb very early in the season, so then he was playing with a bunch of other guys.
Speaker 5: Finally their line got put back.
Speaker 6: Together and uh, I think his centerman Dan Daiak with they had I think a hat trick in the same game, and then the next weekend he's.
Speaker 5: Out for the year.
Speaker 6: So you know, Gavin's been playing with a lot of different people and still put up points with everybody and still makes everybody involved. And I don't know, I just think it was a time where he started to feel comfortable and.
Speaker 5: Now he's playing at a much different level. It's really fun to watch.
Speaker 4: Guy eighteen year old kids out of junior to go to college. What a huge step mentally and physically. How tough is that step? Just tell people it's not easy.
Speaker 6: No, it's not easy, and it was very difficult at the best of years. But right now this is by far, by far the highest quality college hockey that's ever been. And the reason is is that with the CHL change in ruling.
Speaker 5: Now you have the freshman this year.
Speaker 6: If you take our team for example, we have you know, several players that have played four years in the Canadian Hockey League. A few of them have been drafted, did their captains, etc. Those are the freshmen coming into college hockey this year, whereas in the past there've been all of him at the very best, have been Tier two players. Many came from prep school, several came from high school in Minnesota. Those were the freshmen that were coming into college hockey. It was still very difficult to your point, because these guys are bigger. They've been lifting weights consistently for week after week after week, for however many years they're here.
Speaker 5: College hockey is extremely intense.
Speaker 6: We played about half the games as you do in junior YEP so it's a different game. But this year specifically is the highest quality and most experienced freshman group in the history of college hockey. And Gavin is still doing what he's doing.
Speaker 4: Hey guy, Yeah, he did have that assault case. How tough was Zap for him to deal with? And how did you help him do that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: I think because he's an extremely respectful young man, extremely with great manners. And it's very evident we realize this right from his recruiting trip, that he's his family, family values, his community values are consistent always and and really during this he acted based on his family values and he's very hot fine with that. So he was perfectly, he was fine. He he knew that he.
Speaker 5: Would did what he did out of out of his family values.
Speaker 6: And and I think, you know, we all learn how to deal with with scrutiny, I think from him because for us, you know, the spotlight has never been more intense for a couple of reasons. Like I said, we went to the Frozen four and now you get a bunch of recruits. Jackson Smith is another, and and Gavin and and we probably have more of an intense eye on us. And and he's been dealing with this for years, So I think the entire program learned from watching Gavin.
Speaker 5: Just he controls what he controls.
Speaker 6: He doesn't worry too much about what other thing people think as long as he follows his values. And like I said, he's extremely family orientated, in community orientated, not only back from his community and white Horse, but even to the Penn State community here.
Speaker 3: Great answer guy you mentioned go back to our earlier conversation. Though you mentioned the comparisons to Gretzky, you havn't grown up in Ebonton. And when I watch Gavin play, one thing goes through a lot of things go through my mind, like, man, this.
Speaker 4: Kid is really good.
Speaker 3: But also he seems more like Gretzky was. His skills seem more in line with playing center. Why is it he's more comfortable on the wing on left wing.
Speaker 5: It's a good question.
Speaker 6: We wanted the same thing when we were recruiting him, the same question. He can do both, like we've asked him. Even when he comes in and takes face offs, he wins those. He plays down his own end like he can do it all. I just think for him him, he feels most comfortable there.
Speaker 5: I've never actually asked him. The question why.
Speaker 6: He's most comfortable there, but he certainly is. But he does lot of other things, even you know, in practice, when we catch him playing defense one on one, it's like he does that very well too, So he can play anywhere. I just think it's what he prefers.
Speaker 3: Is there an area he needs to improve on?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I think that's why he came to college hockey.
Speaker 6: He's the other thing about him is he's a very young He just turned eighteen, and he's not one of these, you know, monster early developer athletes. He's very much a young eighteen very much so. Yeah, but naturally he's I think he came to college because he didn't want to take advantage of the strength and conditioning resources that we have, the nutrition resources that we have, because he realizes that to be the best at the NHL, he's going to have to be a little bit bigger. It's going to happen naturally, obviously, But I think that's the one area where he really where.
Speaker 5: I think it was his impetus to come to college hockey.
Speaker 4: Gee. I've been told he's a really humble kid too, but he could go first overall. What about you know, these kids now got video, Twitter, all this other stuff. Not back in the old days, drafted players didn't know anything because that they didn't have social media.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Talk about him being a humble kid heading into a draft where he's going to be one of the top picks.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 6: This has been consistent from day one. Uh, he is extremely, extremely humble. But he's he's very, very polite. He has great manners, he really does, and he does throughout and we get that, you know, from people that just meet him. I can't tell you how how often I have people come up to me and say, man, I just I.
Speaker 5: Got a chance to meet Gavin. Why what a He's just such.
Speaker 6: A respectful His manners are great. He's is so polite, and that's really what he is. And then you get him alone with the team and he's just a lot of fun. Like I just think he loves the game. That's what he's about.
Speaker 5: He loves the game. He loves to compete.
Speaker 6: You keep scoring anything and that and and and he's going to show up and have a great time.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 6: But but he's been I tell you what. Just the way he carries himself is really impressive. And you know, just you brought it up with gretz I remember hearing the same thing about Gretzky, and when I had was fortunate enough to meet him as a young man, I remember being impressed with what just how gentlemanly he was, and Gavin is exactly the same way.
Speaker 5: Really really impressive young man.
Speaker 4: Guy, give us the scoop. How many Canucks scouts at every game? Have you seen? Patrick Alvin? Come on, give us the goods?
Speaker 5: You know what there's been.
Speaker 6: We do sell out here at Pogole Ice Arena or regularly, you know, all the time, but it just seems this year that you look up to where the scouts normond Villa.
Speaker 5: That normally would be and it's pretty packed up there.
Speaker 6: So yeah, every game that come at Pogoole Ice Arena that Gavin's playing has been pretty well attended.
Speaker 3: One more thing, guy, just looking at your your hockey dB page. You've been around as a player and a coach, but thirteen years with the Penn State Princeton you of Alaska before that, and I'm looking at some of the people you played for as a player down Woodell, Mark Crawford, Joel Quinville, Tom Rady, a couple of men there with the connection. Who are your coaching influencers?
Speaker 6: Well, one that doesn't show there, but one of the biggest ones was Ken Hitchcock. He was in Philadelphia when I first got to Princeton, and that was the year of the NHL lockout, and I just because he's from Edmonton, and I called and said, you know what, I just got to Princeton. I'm really looking for a goalie coach. Don't know anybody. Could we borrow yours while you're on you know, while you're on the break. And he was like, well, you know what, I'll come help you out. And I thought, okay, great, Like we'd see him a week. Well, we saw him every single week. He came to every single home game, but he hied so people would know he was there, and away games we would send him at that time the VHS tapes and he would go through him and call and say this is what I think, you know, if you want my opinion on this and this and and if I had questions. The next week for practice, he'd show up three hours early and say, hey, I know you had a question about this, Let's go through it. So that was probably the most amazing coaching experience that I have had and very grateful for it because his fingerprints are all over the success we had at Princeton and also Penn State.
Speaker 5: And he's been very, very gracious. What a great man he's been able to.
Speaker 6: He'll call me after some of our Penn State games and give me advice as well.
Speaker 5: He's an awesome man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a friend of our show as well. Okay, so this interview has lasted about ten or fifteen minutes, and I think we only called you gee three or four times. But we're Canadian.
Speaker 4: We can't help it, guy, so we apologize for that. Guy.
Speaker 6: No, that's cool. It's both. My mother calls me guy. But it seems the further east I go, I get you a lot.
Speaker 3: Well, all the best with Penn State, and of course we're keeping in Vancouver especially, we're keeping our eye on Gavin McKenna. Thanks so much for this, guy.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it, my pleasure. Thank you.
Speaker 3: You bet. Guy Getowski, head coach Penn State men's hockey. They host Wisconsin a doubleheader this weekend.
Speaker 4: It all lies on him. He just told the scouts, NHL scouts flocking to Penn State games and you know a lot of those scouts or Vancouver Canucks scouts.
Speaker 3: Donny and I don't think he put much pressure on him, comparing him to Wayne Gretzky.
Speaker 4: Wow, Hey, he's an Edmonton guy. Watched the Oilers in the eighties, all the cups, so you can see.
Speaker 3: Why and like a lot of us wondering why. And he was the same when he first started coaching Gavin McKenna. He just seems like a center, but he prefers to play left wing. We'll see what happens moving forward. Thanks to Guy Gadowski pull question, waddling dog pull question. Will deal with it next. Donny Delly the team check looking for the ultimate Vancouver Island getaway. Head to beautiful Parksville and experience the Bayside ocean Front Resort, where every stay feels like a vacation you'll never forget. From sunrise walks on the beach to sunsets on the patio, Bayside puts you steps from the sand with ocean views in every direction.
Speaker 4: Splash in the indoor and outdoor pools, hit.
Speaker 3: The fitness center, then relax with a hand crafted cocktail at the ocean Front restaurant and lounge. Whether it's date night, a family trip or a corporate event. Bayside is your perfect year round escape book. Your getaway now at two five zero, two four eight eight triple three.
Speaker 4: Your island adventure starts here.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do the draft lottery simulator. Yeah, tagathon, Okay, well, let's do it. We'll do it in this segment after the pole question and a little bit of discussion, we'll see how it goes. Waddling Dog pole question experience one of Victoria's iconic testinations, sleep, sip, and stock up all on one legendary spot the dog, Come sit and stay at the waddling Dog today, Ryan, get her up.
Speaker 4: The watling dog pup pole question. Jacob Brush told Ben Kuzmar rebuild would not be something he'd be okay with or accepting. What's your reaction to his comments? Look at this twelve hundred votes yesterday it was hopping and bopping, same thing today as sixty five percent say get him out of town, Donnie. Thirty five percent say they understand. But look I understand the people saying understand, But it doesn't work like you're understanding.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: This is not how life works. Best are signed for seven years. Garland signed for six years, Petterson signed for eight years, the Brush signed for six or seven. Who's to say it's supposed to be hunky dory for all those years and oh, we're just gonna win and it's gonna be great. That's not the way life works. We've all signed contracts, you more than anyone else, a big contracts. Some work out, some don't, you know, And I'm sorry, but just because times are bad and we're rebuilding and you want to jump ship, that's not the.
Speaker 3: Way I signed a deal with sekn do say that long.
Speaker 4: I signed a long term deal once and I paid the price for it, and and again we've all done it. But I hung in there and I stayed there.
Speaker 3: He didn't. I did too. You're like me. You left really early.
Speaker 4: You left after six months. I left after four years. No, stop, stop. We've all signed contracts in good faith. All these guys now whining and sniveling about the losing you signing good faith? Hang around?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: What's that phrase someone texted me this morning? Rats, jumping off a ship? What's the phrase?
Speaker 3: It's cool with that?
Speaker 4: Don you know what it is?
Speaker 3: What is it? I think you got it right.
Speaker 4: So what we have is it's all the rats are jumping off the ship.
Speaker 3: So he's calling Jake de prescar.
Speaker 4: Now I'm not calling them around them. Someone texted me it's you know, now, what's happening is all these guys went off the ship. But it's just you know what, you signing good faith for five years and now the team's in thirty second place and now you want to.
Speaker 3: Go Let me play devil's advocate here. He's twenty nine years old, you know, far from being a rookie. There's only so much time left in his career. It ain't happening here, doesn't look like it's gonna happen an well, since nineteen seventy a Stanley Cup here, a long playoff drive, lots of fun come the spring, a lot of dark knights like last night, Yes, okay, and there's been a lot already this season. Did you want to stick around for that? Even though you've committed yourself? What would you do in that situation?
Speaker 4: Ask yourself? When Jake debrask was a free agent, he had a lot of teams after him, including the Calgary Flames in his province, his own province of Alberta. You picked Vancouver over a bunch of a whack of teams, right, Why why Donny, why.
Speaker 3: Did he pick me? Well, Vancouver? That was twenty twenty four. Yeah, okay, so look was coming on. Happened in the spring of twenty twenty four. They became within one win of the Steam Step final, probably of the Western Conference final. So it looks so promising. He was familiar with Rick Cockett, had respect for Rick Cockett. Eleas Petterson like, well, I don't know, maybe that's that's not fair to bring up his name. But JT. Miller and Quinn used, there's a lot of promise there. Brock Best said, there was a lot of promise there. It looked great, So I can I can understand why he would pick this team and talk it.
Speaker 4: Who did talk at play with in Phoenix? His dad, Louis de Bruyeah, so there was a connection between Louis at Rick and the Canucks and he picked Vancouver. And now he looks like he wants to jump because it's gonna.
Speaker 3: Get and he can't be the only one. Right.
Speaker 4: Oh, you know, Lander Kane, I'm sure he won so UFA he wants. So that's why Milstein he's got a contract. He needs to get to a team where he can put up numbers to get a new contract July first. If he stays in Vancouver, Kane, he'll be the that'll be bad. It won't be good. He wants out. He wants out Garland. There was a shift during the Olympic break. The Canucks were not willing to move him, but they came out of the Olympic break and said, yeah, we'll move them. So Elvin's out there trying to move these guys. I don't know if it happens or not. Maybe it does, maybe it does.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at the clock right now, Ryan, and maybe a better time to do the Tancathon Draft lottery simulator would be in our open segment in the eleven o'clock are around eleven fifteen or so. So my apologies, folks, I will say this that, and we've talked about this a lot. But looking at the Tankaphon website and other websites, the Connocs are a solid thirty second and last in the overall standings. They have a twenty five point one percent chance of selecting first overall, better than anybody else by a wide margin. Saint Louis in thirty first, a thirteen point six percent chance of selecting first overall. These are the stats, though that the number that really scare people is the Connucks also have the best chance of finishing second overall eighteen point six. The position that they're most likely to end up in is third overall fifty six point three three percent chance of selecting third overall after the lottery reach, which makes me, well, it frightens everybody who's followed the Knucks for a long time because given Knuck luck, and we saw some of it on display last night, that's what's gonna happen. You're gonna get a very good player. But I'm telling you, after watching that interview and just watching how his game has improved steadily in a real significant way at Penn State, we saw some really really solid moments at the World Juniors, I think you'd like to have a little bit of a better tournament, but McKenna is clearly the number one guy here, and you want somebody who could be a franchise changer, and he looks like he's that type of player.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. But you know what, you know, what scares me is not your comment about the Knuck's best chances you get through the role. What scares me. Is what the New York Islanders did last year?
Speaker 3: Done?
Speaker 4: What do they do?
Speaker 3: They went from spots?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they went they went from ten to one, got a franchise. Defnch when people are comparing to Bobby Orran and all the other guys, and they went from ten to one with a three point five chanced on. That scares me. That scares me.
Speaker 3: Guess who's in the tent spot right now? Who's that Toronto kid lightning? Well not lightning but kin lightning strike twice? Batman wouldn't mind that. I'm sure the Rangers are there in Chicago. If any of those three teams and in la if they jump up the first people are going to be screaming about.
Speaker 4: That's what scares me, is he What the Islanders did absolutely scares you.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we'll save the draft lottery simulator thanks to the Tankathon website for a little bit later. You've got the old music we used to use for that, the game show, Herb Albert type music. Okay, good, I can not saying which we haven't. What's going on? Technical difficulties or something? Yeah, okay, what.
Speaker 4: What are you doing? You're you're not taking part in the show.
Speaker 1: I've got Herb Herb just and as he's coming to Vancouver.
Speaker 4: Actually, who's Herb?
Speaker 1: Who Herb Bilbert?
Speaker 3: No? Yeah, how old is he?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I don't know, but he is. Uh, he will be here with the Tijuana Bras.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, come, I'm there. He's ninety ninety years old. Who's coming again?
Speaker 1: October the twenty three?
Speaker 3: Is he still playing the trumpet at ninety.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: But October little Trivia Afouria here. Yeah, Herb Albert, the A in A and M Records logo has a trumpet.
Speaker 4: Makes sense. That's why you tune in to this show.
Speaker 1: And that's how bad that rattle around in your Brain's Herb Albert?
Speaker 4: You guys are heard? Have you not heard Albert?
Speaker 3: Not an other guy? Okay? Yeah, Ryan is three years old and he's heard of Herbl.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of him.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's it's well.
Speaker 4: Once you hear is trumpet trumpet, once you.
Speaker 3: Hear his music, you'll know instrumentals attack.
Speaker 4: So he's one of those. Okay, Herb Herb Albert. There it is American musician.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've got some uh that really narrows it down. Okay, I've got some business to do. Maybe play some herb Balbert underneath the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe give me his best so I know what I well, I don't want to No, no, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: It simulated one. I'm gonna save that one. What's the what's the other one?
Speaker 4: A Mexican shuffle? A taste of honey, Yeah, taste of honey. Taste of honey, give me a taste of honey.
Speaker 3: As if you know what it is. That taste of honey was also in the name of a band.
Speaker 4: Now my love. There was a band called Taste of Honey.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: This is a what is this? A taste of honey?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't recognize this.
Speaker 4: I don't recognize it's so good.
Speaker 1: A Beatles song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right too.
Speaker 4: This sounds like are you kidding me? I don't know it picks up, it's good, it's really good. This is horrible.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, here we go. You don't recognize this.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a game show. All of his songs dating game, Remember the dating Game.
Speaker 3: In the past ten years, meanwhile, Able Auctions has conducted more auctions at BC than all commercial industrial auction companies crack it up. Combined, we have experienced staff and a qualified a buyer base that no other auctioneer can provide. You know what, Jeremy's gonna call us and he's going to tell us Jeremy to out of Able Auctions. Use that all the time, guaranteed. If you're a BC based business looking to sell your equipment or inventories. Maybe you've got a trumpet you'd like to sell, and after you're building in a timely mannor call the auction company that does this more and better than anyone.
Speaker 4: Else looking to sell.
Speaker 3: Looking to turn the channel. Email sales at Ableauctions dot CA, that sales at a b l E Auctions dot C. A more herb Albert coming up. When we play the Draft Lottery simulator at around eleven fifteen or so, top of the hour, it's Craig Old School DJ.
Speaker 4: It's good Craig button at top of the hour.
Speaker 3: Up next Ryan Henderson, he's gonna be playing the trumpet. Huh He's next, Toney tell you money check.
Speaker 4: Looking for one of Victoria's most iconic stays, The award winning Waddling Dog, has been welcoming guests and their dogs for over thirty years, ten minutes from the airport in the Ferry. Their room glen vented charm with modern comfort, making it the perfect home base for your island adventures. Your trip isn't complete without a stop at the legendary Waddling Dog Pop twenty taps Waldwall TVs Every Canucks game and UFC pay per view, plus an extensive daily happy hour, and before you go stuck up at their cold beer wine store, hundreds of local and imported options, plus six who said Donnie and Dolly merchandise. The Dog isn't just a hotel, It's a destination come sit and s day.
Speaker 3: Thanks Ryan, just I had a big rye the Twitter guy based at oce Front Resort in Box a lot of people, not just one. So I'm not going to pick out one name here pointing out to us. And I know this, but I don't know if I said it, But it's not Herb. Again, this is how we're the cell. The Canucks season is going. We're focusing on a a trumpet player who's big in the sixties.
Speaker 4: Sixties, who was big in the sixties.
Speaker 3: It's Herb Alpert.
Speaker 4: Alpert. I thought, Marv Albert, I thought you said Marv Albert and that's why I got Albert my mind.
Speaker 3: I don't think Marv played a lot of trumpet. Yeah, played other things. We know that. Okay, big Big, I didn't say anything, Yes you did, Big Rye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird guy. We've got a bit of a backlog of photos. Uh this is from Arc. He said this to us. Hey, good morning, D and D is sending a picture from Burnaby.
Speaker 4: Heights, God's country with Burnaby.
Speaker 1: Heights with my new swag. And he's got his D and D two gone our first edition too, not the second edition too, with the palm, the first edition to Yeah. So Mark, thank you for sending that in from we're Burnaby Heights.
Speaker 3: In North Burnaby.
Speaker 1: Is that your house?
Speaker 4: I recognize that hedge.
Speaker 1: You don't get out of here.
Speaker 4: I know what he's getting at there. And Mark, you look great in Burnaby Heights.
Speaker 3: And that's Mark with a P.
Speaker 4: Stop this guy. But Mike is looking no, Mark is looking great, Mark looking great. Absolutely, thank you for sending that in. We got more photos to get to later on in the show.
Speaker 1: Uh so, of course, a lot of a lot of trade talk heading towards Friday. I enjoyed this guy's from Dan Rosen from NHL dot com. This kind of went viral yesterday. Vincent trow Check. Of course he might be a guaranteed guy out of here. He said he already talked to his kids about the possibility of being traded to prepare them. His son, who is seven. At a legendar response, Trocheck said, my son was like, well, I'll stay because you know, I have a hockey team here and I didn't get traded. That's not bad.
Speaker 3: That's not bad.
Speaker 4: That's super, that's not bad. I like it.
Speaker 1: He Trocheck said, it's gonna be an East coast trade. He's not He's not going to the West coast. So well, it sounds like an Eastern team.
Speaker 4: He doesn't have a ton of trade protection, but he has enough to keep staying on the East coast.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think for people in Vancouver the big question here because I'm it seems like he gets triggered. J. T. Millers visited Trocheck's childhood buddy. Yeah, tro Check leaves the Rangers' live at his house when he first.
Speaker 1: When he first went there, and they posted videos of them grilling together and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, I heard Albert in the background.
Speaker 4: Well, look at I mean.
Speaker 1: This falls under the careful what you wish for JT. You wanted one team, you wanted out and you wanted one team to go to. That one team he decided he wanted to go to. But it was just New York or bus for JT. There were other places he was willing to play.
Speaker 3: No, but he definitely wanted to play with the Rangers, as does pretty much every player in the national hockey But we brought up Retzky earlier in the in the show, and we all remember when he retired, Wayne Gretzky saying, you know, kids or young hockey players out there, if you get a chance to play in New York, take it. And he was talking about the Rangers, not the Islanders or Devils.
Speaker 1: But the grass isn't always greener, no, of course not. You know, they came back last night against the Blue Jackets. They were down nothing for nothing. Yes, they came back to force it to ot loss in overtime, but they came back. But the statistics around their home record, it's it's so awful. Well like the Hurricanes homes. They have one more home win than the Canucks. But remember early in the season when they couldn't get a home win and they couldn't score it. Yeah, I mean, and this just there's other things to do in New York if the Rangers aren't cooking.
Speaker 4: Put that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, speaking of original six teams, how about this sports business journal guys. The Blackhawks Ice Center has reopened following a renovation that doubled the facility size and made it more community facing and multi use.
Speaker 3: The Blackhawk what's it called Blackhawk Ice Center?
Speaker 1: Yeah, also known as their practice correct. The Blackhawks expect one point five million annual visitors to the facility that sits just south of the United Center. You see a couple of photos there of mainly of the areas involving the restaurant of that sort of thing. They've done a lot of work to it. But this is the piece that I think is getting lost in this whole practice facility thing, that you know.
Speaker 3: The community piece.
Speaker 1: Yes, like the Seattle Complex for instance, it's jammed all the time with either tournaments or free skate time or whatever. It's a hub for the community. And look at you can say that, yeah, well Seattle. You know, Vancouver has more ice surfaces than Seattle like available to them, and that would probably be true, right, because Seattle not a traditional hockey market. You know all that, it doesn't matter. The bottom line is the NHL team is made in a point of being a community piece. That rink is a community piece.
Speaker 3: It's usual. It's also important to attract players and that when this subject comes up. The one moment that always hits me is earlier this season when Archer Sea Laws one of the nicest people on the planet. One of the first things he said going to Pittsburgh was mess nice to have our own practice facility.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we didn't have that in Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Huge reference out to UBC. What am I hearing about Britannia.
Speaker 4: Britannia is a place they're looking at now because the rink's there. And if you can build infrastructure around twenty to twenty five thousand square feet doney a building going.
Speaker 3: Up four five floors, it needs work.
Speaker 4: It needs work, there's no question. But they're running out of options. As you reported Copeland that fell apart by eight ranks. Remember we used to go to eight rinks for Canucks practice, Yes, and then UBC fell apart. He's got to stop doing deals that fall apart. Get a deal done, Just get it done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but look at even Britannia right there, He's found a place that's already got something built that he can put something.
Speaker 4: Guess what, Ryan Land is expensive in Vancouver. He doesn't want to he doesn't want to pay for the land. And then another twenty thirty million on top of that, so it began. It could become a forty fifty million dollar project.
Speaker 3: That's a community owned facility at this point, can you not and we talked about this before, partner with Vancouver, the City of Vancouver, that's it and come up with some sort of structure that would work for everybody. Britanny's not that far away.
Speaker 4: It's not far away. It's a perfect location in terms of hey, let's it's it's not far away from Roger's Arena. Even eight rinks wasn't far you and I went to tons of Canucks practices there, but they just they should have been done ten fifteen years ago. When Calgary builds their new rink, the Vancouver Canucks are going to be the only team in the National Hockey League without a practice facility. Vegas is getting into that. How about is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How about is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But Land is too expensive condo buildings, no problem, but to build them practice.
Speaker 3: Again, Why you can't link up with the community. I don't get it. Burnaby, Vancouver, whatever, whatever the case may be. And when you think of Canuck practices, yeah, and Britannia, what's the first thing that comes to mind.
Speaker 4: Pabblebury'sies first ever practice, first practice for Pebblebury was.
Speaker 3: The Canucks when they're at the Colisseum. The building was packed, was the Canucks. Every once in a while, cop practice at the Agridom or Britannia, other other places as well, but often at Britannia, which was just down the road from the Coliseum. That was a magical day. That place was packed to see pavl Burry practice. And then of course he lived up the expectations in a in a big, big way. That was an amazing day.
Speaker 1: I didn't know Filipino practice out there.
Speaker 4: Next, director, I stand by, I stand by that.
Speaker 1: Donnia Dolly the team I check.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, it's Donnia Dolley and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 4: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast, and on social media.
Speaker 3: We'd love to get involved with your company called two five oh eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at Checkmedia dot CA. Tuesday and all of our guests today brought to you by our title sponsor Able Auctions Able Auctions dot C a NHL trade deadline on Friday, as we bring in Craig Button, tsn scouting director. Thanks for doing this, sir. How are you?
Speaker 7: I am really really good. Let's put it this one. I'm way better than the Canucks watching that game last night?
Speaker 5: I mean, oh boy.
Speaker 7: Was that something was? I mean, I mean that was a deplete, well depleted, a lesser h Dallas Stars squad. Right now, let me just say this, If you don't think it can get worse, I think again.
Speaker 3: Thanks for that, Craig.
Speaker 4: Everybody appreciates that. Thanks Craig. How how hard is this?
Speaker 3: We heard from Jake Debrust today, not today, We're not from from US, but from the province Province dot com. Doesn't look like he wants to stick around for a rebuild. How tough is it to convince veterans to stick around for something like this?
Speaker 7: So here's what I think what you're hearing now, it's not about convincing veterans. The veterans aren't convinced about the team. That's the bigger problem here right now. Like you know, the whole, the whole discussion has to change. The players are going, why are we going to buy into this? Why are we gonna believe? Hey, listen, this Tyler Meyer situation is a bad look. It's a bad look, really bad look for the organization. And you know, people can debate and say what they want or whatnot, but let's just stay on on on theme here.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: Players are saying we don't want to be in Vancouver. That is a huge problem. That's that is something that's forget about what they could get for this player or that player, what needs to change or whatnot. Players do not have a positive And if you think that's the view in Vancouver, just think about what the view is outside of Vancouver and much different and not much different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Craig, when you say the team, you're not talking about what's going on on the ice, are you We're talking No, No, not.
Speaker 7: At all, I'm talking right hey, listen. You guys know me well enough. It always starts at the top and I always go there. That's where the responsibility lay, who have you hired? Who you'd be done?
Speaker 3: I don't go to the middle.
Speaker 7: I go right to the top. And so at the top of this right now, that's where they that's their biggest challenge.
Speaker 3: Okay, we had Guy Goodell's on head coach of the Penn State Nitney Lions moments ago on this show. And you know, we can understand he's a he's a fan of Gavin McKenna and Guy is from Edmonton. Yeah, he compared Gavin McKennon to Wayne Gretzky, different positions, but he did make that comparison.
Speaker 7: What do you say, bold Like, you know, you guys know me well enough too, you know, rarely a much speechless. But here's what I would say. You should never compare a player to Wayne Gretzky. It's just it's not appropriate. And we're talking about arguably the greatest player that ever played the game, if not the greatest player that played And the bottom line is it's not fair and and I don't think it's a good comparison. I think Guy is misguided there. I said this all along. He reminds me of Patrick Kane. Wayne Gretzky was a center McKenna is a winger right away, That should that should allow you to disassociate with Wayne Gretzky. Let alone, how great Wayne Gretzky was. So I love Gava McKenna. I really like Ai Gadowski bad comparison. Patrick Kane is a comparison for me, that type of playmaking winger, smart, shifty, speed the game up, slow it down, everything that goes with it. And that's where that's where I am. That's where I'm staying, and I will never ever compare a player to Wayne Gretzky.
Speaker 4: Uh, Craig, I want to get back to Tyner Myers if you don't mind. It's been a week most Carson Sushi last year waved his no move to go to New York in about twenty four hours. Most guys take one to two days max. What's going on here? In your eyes?
Speaker 7: Family, he took a no move clause to take less money, ostensibly and to stay here with his family. He's got a family, he's got a young family, and he's sitting there going like, so this is now you want me to wait my no move clause for you?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What's in it for me? I think that's all.
Speaker 7: What's going on Carson Sushie situation was completely different than where Tyler Myers sits there. So when you start to again, like you start to go down this path thinking like somebody falls on, gonna ask him to wave, Like bottom line is he's got a no move clause, he doesn't have to wave. And there's a lot of considerations for Tyler Myers here. So goes back to again. You know the players are looking back. This is how I'm gonna be treated. Oh, this is what I'm gonna get with my no move clause. This is what happens when I take less money. The Vancouver Canucks have massive overriding problems that are that aren't just on the ice.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you are one hundred percent correct sir. At least Peterson benched in Seattle Saturday, got a little uh what would you call it, Donnie with the media yesterday testy, Sure, Craig, Craig, you got testy. Sometimes you get testy with us. But anyways, Craig Lettle testy, it ain't happened a couple of times, not all the time, Craig. A couple of times. I don't get tested, yeah, Craig, once in a while, once in a while.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Donnie, this is a this is a false accusation.
Speaker 1: Okay, take a back.
Speaker 4: He got testy like Joe Blow on the corner. Anyways, listen, Craig, Poor Joe Blow, Poor Joe Blow.
Speaker 3: Craig.
Speaker 4: This guy's got six years left on his contract. It was two years ago they signed him. It's been a disaster. How do you get out of it? Does anybody want them? Do you have to retain? Are they gonna buy him out? What's going on?
Speaker 7: All those questions are good? Speaking of testing, you sounded pretty testing. God, Yeah, anyway, all kidding the side we get into semantics, you know, Uh listen, it's two years, yeah, you know, and it's two it's two years of many excuses. Uh, many many, I guess the way I would talk about a much effort to try to figure out what is it that has to happen for EP forty to find this game? And now EP forty two, like you can't find it anywhere, he can't find it at the Olympics where his old coach can't find it, with the Vancouver Canucks with talking or with Adam Foot or whatnot. So and I understand what the Cannucks are doing here with respect to say, I think right now, the reason they're saying they're not going to retain money is because they know that the market or they feel that the market will open up considerably post trade deadline, and so that means there'll be more teams involved. So unless unless you're going to come in there right now and really give us a meaningful offer that makes us change our mind, we're not retaining anything. I think that very well could change, you know, post deadline and in a lot more teams looking to make changes, looking to consider, okay, what could we do with EP forty doesn't make sense for us? I mean it means off loading. It means that you're taking on something that another team may not be feeling great about as well. I said this a while ago where the Vancouver Cannuts find themselves right now and the situation with EP forty, and I'm not saying they should do this, but you have to put it on the table, and that's a buyout. You have to put it on the table and you have to say, okay, this is what we could do. Now again, this is where you say, okay, we'll retain X amount of dollars. That's percent of dollars and maybe that's a way to go. But the bottom line is I think that EP forty and Vancouver and Vancouver with EP forty, it doesn't feel like it's tenable.
Speaker 3: Okay, without being tested, maybe you can answer this question, Caleb Maholtra, I believe your latest Craigslist you have them at number eleven going into the June draft. How much has this I know we've talked about him before, but he seems to be rocketing up everybody's draft list. How much is his stock?
Speaker 7: Risen Craig, Well, he's a really good player, and like'll, there'll be a new list coming out and okay, he'll be a little bit hotter. Here's what you got to keep in mind. There's five six really good defense in this draft.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: You know you got the two wingers, you got McKennon, you got Stenberg, and then you have a number of centers that that fall into this group you have you have certainly have Mahultra, you have Ty Lawrence, you have Oliver Savanto the finished player. So it comes downtown to Okay, where are you going to take a player? Because not everybody's going to look at at Caleb Mahultre as a guy that you're saying, Okay, that's the guy we want. I go back to the draft where left Schoonoff went to Zeebulliam went twelve six defenseman like Dadaheim Ducks. We're not going to take a defense minute three and this, and they took Seneca and people go that was a surprise. No, it wasn't because of what they were doing. I think it's the same thing with with Caleb Trump. It's about Okay, you're comparing them to a defenseman, you're comparing them to a winger. Depending where you're at. Centerman like Caleb don't come along. He's a really, really good, solid two way center. But if you're not looking for that, if you if you have players that are that you feel they're in that spot and you need a defense, you're gonna take a defenseman. Doesn't mean you don't hold Caleb in high regard. But do I expect him to go in the top ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I do, and very quickly, maybe ten seconds or left or less. Connor Murphy, how much is he gonna help the Oilers or maybe not help.
Speaker 7: He's gonna help. Oh, he's gonna help them a lot because He's steady, stable, consistent, reliable, smart, has the size. I think he's exactly what Darnell Nurse needs and I think it'll really help not only strengthen the blue line in the core, but it'll help Darnell Nurse, who they need a lot more out of them.
Speaker 3: No testiness there, Craig as pleasant as always.
Speaker 7: I love you guys. You know that.
Speaker 4: No, we know, we love you back.
Speaker 3: We love you right right back at Craig. We'll talk to you next week after the trade deadline. You bet Craig Betton TSN a scouting director. Man, he went after you. There was a couple of times you got tested. It was months ago, but it happened. Yeah, with the guy Godowski comments, I can't remember anybody comparing anybody to Wayne Gretzky. You've been good on guy.
Speaker 4: He believes in his guy Guy.
Speaker 3: And I always remember, like for years and years, you know this defenseman, Pat Price, pick your defense. He's the next Bobby or and it just there's never been another Bobby Why never maybe Paul Coffee or Rayborg. But it was silly to make those, uh comparisons, But people do, Okay, it's human nature. Poll question will update that next, and we'll play the draft lottery simulator. That's next. Donnie delight the team on Jack, Donnie.
Speaker 2: And Dolly but missupported by able Auctions dot CA. Closing your business we can help.
Speaker 3: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 4: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able auctions dot ca. Do's sales at a b l E Auctions dot Ca. Interesting commercial break conversation going on here, we won't get into it. Wildlingdog Pole Question experience one of Victroya's iconic destinations, Sleep sip stock up All on one, legendary spot. Come sit and stay at the Wandlindog Today. Ben Kuzma helping us out with the poll question today.
Speaker 4: Ye Ben there at the Province Ryan get her up the Wadling dog up Pop Pop question. Jake Debrush told Ben Kuzma rebuild would not be something he'd be okay with or accepting. What's your reaction to his comments? Look at that sixty six percent say get out of Dodge. Understanding are thirty four fourteen hundred votes. Hopping and bopping not stopping on a Tuesday morning.
Speaker 3: One goal in seventeen games for Jake, thirteen goals in the season. I believe eleven of them on the power play, and therein lies the problem. Besser has a score in twenty. This guy's got one in seventeen. All the guys that Kanucks want to trade are overpaid and underachieving.
Speaker 4: Big problem. Probably easier to get rid of these guys in the summer.
Speaker 3: Six to one. The Knucks lose to the Stars last night. This nine's been talking about this. Nine straight wins for Dallas, their second overall in that tough Central Division, but second overall. Jake Ottinger makes thirteen saves. Kannucks lose their sixth straight. They've lost twenty two to twenty five. So with that in mind, the Kannocks say solid thirty second place in the National Hockey League, and that leads to the Tankathon draft lottery. Last time we did this, we did this earlier this season. Maybe a little too early, but now it seems appropriate given what's going on with the Canucks, and it might become the daily regular on Donnie and Dolly, the team on Check. Maybe we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 4: Let me go first, because I've got it. I'm ready to nail this one. Okay, Ryan, are you ready?
Speaker 3: And you can play at home as well, folks, you can play at home all right.
Speaker 4: I want to thank all our season ticket holders and assembled media because media go to these events to Ben Kuzma is there and you know where we all are, at the Beer Shack on the North Brough Road and White Rock, beautiful place. The beer Shack, I'm telling you right now, Ryan, the beer Shack.
Speaker 3: Get it up. Ryan.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, I was supposed to play here.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Anyways, you go, Donnie, I'm not ready, my god.
Speaker 3: Tankathon Draft Lottery simulator. You know the thing we've played about seven hundred times.
Speaker 4: You was gonna post it off.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll go go, go go go Okay you sure, yeah, okay, okay, uh ready for the draft lottery simulator and a special load to our season ticket holders, several of them assembled at the side of the Old Mountain Shadow Inn, Burnaby, they're not there anymore, but they're they're outside in the rain, and a special load to a little Billy mcgorchean going through a tough time right now, and we want.
Speaker 4: To say hello, hello to Billy.
Speaker 3: I think we've sent a load to Billy quite a lot through the years.
Speaker 4: Okay, here I go. Cool.
Speaker 3: The Canucks dropping to third place, get used to that. Connucks dropping to third place, picking second, moving up three spots, the flames the Calgary Now if you don't speak French as a cowgar, reflames and moving up eight spots islander like the Nashville Predators. Overall, you got this thing, you got this thing figured out.
Speaker 4: I got it out. Okay, So here we are. We're gonna go back it out. We're gonna we're gonna go back to the beer shack on North Prop Road. Beautiful white rock there. Okay, listen, I've got picking third. The Rangers at G. T. Miller they moved, uh yeah, they moved, they moved up. And then I got you, no, no, yeah, they stayed the same, Yeah, they stayed.
Speaker 3: Saint Louis Is, you've got this thing down, Pat Man.
Speaker 4: Lewis is next Donnie, and look who's number one. You're Vancouver Canucks.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the way they started out. Did you actually I did the resea?
Speaker 4: I did the reset, so I got the Canucks picking first.
Speaker 3: No no no, no no no.
Speaker 1: Did you hit reset?
Speaker 3: Yes? I hit sim lottery.
Speaker 4: I hit reset.
Speaker 1: You want to you want to hit sim lottery, not reset?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Now I got the Canucks at third, third, third, overall, show ends it nude, Winnipig's at number two and Saint Louis the number one.
Speaker 3: There you go, there you go. They moved up a spot, Canucks dropping Ryan. Do you want to do this? So we got enough time? Here?
Speaker 1: Hello to season ticket holders, sponsors, general fellies. There too is Billy Stevie and the whole band are gathered at and Treya's Restaurant in Langley Where and Treya's Restaurant in Langley, BC, near downtown Langley. You would classify it so I can actually show my results, okay, because I have that ability. So in my scenario, dropping to the third position, the Vancouver Canucks Saint Louis number two, and they never had any luck, so I'm glad they've moved up. The Chicago Blackhawks up three spots to drop number one overall.
Speaker 4: So sorry, two of us have vancouvert three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well because after he figured it out.
Speaker 4: Okay, but listen, this is disgusting. Like the Canucks got their worst year in decades, right, it's the worst every year. Yeah, and the system says you can't pick one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is the this is what happened.
Speaker 3: You know what needs to happen, Rick, you need to be hired by the NHL head office and be in charge of the lottery. Hit you hit the reset button and the Canucks will finish first.
Speaker 4: Perfect last year, and now the Canucks probably not gonna pick first. Yeah, but see the only way I'm thinking of the fans to make.
Speaker 3: Just some people know these results are not buying, thank you.
Speaker 1: There's no law firm with their ping pong balls and a suitcase and dealing with it. I think the only way it's really gonna kick in the teeth in the Canucks is if like my scenario plays out Chicago, Yeah, or thebody somebody somebody with even the Rangers or I guess where what exactly what are we five years now on that something like that. So, yeah, they've had it recently, and of course if it's the leafs, it's really gonna be bad. But if it's Saint Louis, if it's Nashville, no, no, no, no, no, it's not the same. It's not it's not the same amount of pain. It's not the same amount of pain. It's what I'm what I'm trying to say, right, it's still it's still obviously of course, yeah, I mean that's the thing, but this is the that's the way the lottery works. You're not guaranteed number one overall.
Speaker 3: We're aware.
Speaker 1: Look look what's happening in the NBA. They're gonna revamp that thing because the tanking, right, and that's.
Speaker 3: Why the rules have changed with.
Speaker 1: The NHL as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got some business there.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Look at this. You bet this smoother.
Speaker 4: BC's number one sports memorabilia and gaming shop is past Time Sports check out. The largest selection of sports memorabilia, autographed items, trading cards and collectible Western Canada. You got four locations, Metro Town, Guildford Mall, cap Mall are the largest straw right there in Langley. If you can't visit the min store, you can shop. They're massive collection that pastime sports dots A laptop from.
Speaker 1: The laptop I'll predict series one buck of cards on the right card of the day. You saw them in that video signing them get it while you can. Jake Debrusk signed card on the left from his Boston days. Wow, what do you what? Do you what?
Speaker 3: No, it's fine that you were Maybe you'd have a.
Speaker 4: Canuck I know I don't have those Carolina.
Speaker 3: In town tomorrow by another strong NHL team.
Speaker 1: I had multiple I had multiple people mentioned that they totally forgot there was a game last night.
Speaker 3: I know, how bad is that? Yeah, that's where we're at. That started a stretch of we said it yesterday. Fourteen games in twenty nine days. They're coming fast and furious.
Speaker 1: More importantly, they're stirring down an eight game home stand coming up. Flock to Rogers Arena to see this.
Speaker 3: Well, I know somebody that we all know and no names mentioned, got into the arena last night. Very good seats fifty nine dollars. Wow, put that in your pipe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, because he's in ticketal does want something? Yeah, give me something.
Speaker 3: For me, something as opposed to zero and at fifty nine dollars? Did he get his money's worth?
Speaker 1: You be the judge, depends if your Stars Van.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, Okay, We're good. Yeah. DTMC.
Speaker 4: Next Donny Dolly the team on Check. Hey, it's eleven thirty two on a Tuesday morning. Donnie Dolly on check TV. Now time for DTMZ, brought to you by the world famous Swisser Golf Club. Go see big Al out there. Great track, Great track.
Speaker 3: DTMZ brought to you by the Arnold Palmer design Whistler Golf Club, home of their Nike Junior Golf schools held at their legendary practice facility in July and August. These schools a great way to introduce your child to the game or take your experience junior golfer to the next level. Info and online registration could be found at Whistlergolf dot com Forward slash Academy. Before we get into some entertainment news, we understand PO Joseph not on the icy practice for the Canucks today as we speak. He was injured in last night's game. Uncle bought Dallas a six to one loss. Upper body. Adam talked about that after the game. Tyner Myers is on the ice.
Speaker 4: Rick Ronian, are we going to show it? Tyner Myers a participant in Canuckts practice today. We don't know the details if he's gonna you know, he's just out for five minutes and off or whatever. But like, if I'm the Detroit Red Wings or any other team that is interested in myers, I wouldn't want this. I mean, I don't think it's good. We just saw Philip Pedal take a puck in the face. He's out four weeks, broken bones in his face. So anyways, Look, he's out there for some odd reason. And he still hasn't decided about his NOE trade closet. He's not there yet to decide.
Speaker 3: Just a weird, weird situation, do we unprecedented? I don't think I've seen this before. Yeah, I have three straight roster management decisions.
Speaker 4: Healthy tomorrow for tomorrow, Well you think, And it's still in a holding pattern. The Meyer situation of Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Cannock's hosting Carolina tomorrow again. Meanwhile, the thirty second Actor Awards were held Sunday in Los Angeles. Reckonoh you're interested in this time? Two weeks ahead of the March fifteenth Oscars. Big news for Canadians. A month after her unexpected death, Catherine O'Hara won a posthumous award for her performance on the studio. What a great Show, What a Great Actor. O'Hara, who passed away January thirtieth at age seventy one, won Best Female Actor in a Comedy Series seth Rogan, fellow Canadian star and co creator of the Studio, accepted the award on her behalf. The Studio won a total three awards. Sinners won the Big Prize, beating out One Battle after another for Best Ensemble and a Motion Picture, while it's star Michael B. Jordan was named Best Lead Actor. That is a good show. I liked it better than one Battle after another. I'll tell you what I watched on the weekend. I mention I teased this yesterday. It never got around to talking about it. But watched a couple of movies on the weekend. One that's nominated for Best Picture, Oscar, one that's not. I thought Marty Supreme was terrible. I wanted don't watch it. Timothy shallowmy I. I was just all over the place and there was a scene with Honey and I and another one with the dog. It was just all I I'm not that smart. I could barely follow it. It has to do A lot of it has to do with ping pong, which is cool.
Speaker 4: I love, yeah, ping pong.
Speaker 3: Well, watch the movie and see what you think. And then I watched The Smashing Machine. I thought it was way better with the Rock with Dwayne Johnson. That that that's that's just me. Have you seen Why do I don't ask you? Why do I ask you? Don't watch any good movie? Okay?
Speaker 1: You two glass houses there? Because I saw a recent movie that.
Speaker 3: Neither of you have seen, the Elvis documentary Concert Documentary.
Speaker 1: I went to the theater and I saw it. Could not have seen this yet, And so you guys always doing to me.
Speaker 3: I don't have the time on my hands that you do. Yeah, sure there's that. But Marty Supreme thumbs down The Smashing Machine thumbs up Birthdays.
Speaker 4: Jason Stratham, I'm telling you I like him. I watched a movie Statham. His movies are good. Shelter. I saw Shelter on the weekend. Watch it. It's a good movie.
Speaker 3: I don't think you did, no, I did.
Speaker 4: I guess he's on the remote island and the bad people are after him and he gets rid of the bad people. Anyways, good movie. What are we doing here?
Speaker 3: Birthdays.
Speaker 4: Okay, foot Long Birthdays brought to you by foot Long Don's Wiener Wagon at Rec Beach in beautiful Vancouver. Right there is Rec Beach there by UBC for those that don't know. Okay, here we go. He was the sixteenth overall pick by Boston in nineteen seventy eight. He played for Don Cherry, part of the seventy five Hamilton Finn Cups who won the OHL Championship at Boston Hamilton finn Cups the OHL Ontario.
Speaker 3: He said he was sixteenth overall by Boston.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sixteenth overall. Played for Don Cherry, premier power forward in the eighties. This guy he could score. I'm telling you, Donnie, he could fight. Twelve years in the NHL, nearly five hundred points, two thousand penalty minutes. Come on, man, Don only player in NHL history to record over forty goals in three hundred penalty minutes.
Speaker 3: And now.
Speaker 4: El Sea Court also played for the black Hawks. Black Hawks, Boy did I love al Sea Court? El Seat Court, I'd tell you what wasp. He was on line with Larmer and Savard in Chicago. It was a great line in the eighties and he ended up being a pilot for American Airlines.
Speaker 3: Did he Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he flew a Boeing seven thirty sevens. Moving on, how many hockey players end up flying Boeing seven forty sevens.
Speaker 3: Joe Juno design here he was an engineer.
Speaker 4: He was an engineer bar airprim Jet. But tell el Sea Court great guy. In his senior year of high school, he rushed for three thousand plus seers, led his team to a state championship. He won the Heisman in nineteen eighty two, played the eighty one Sugar Bowl with a dislocated shoulder. Inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in ninety nine. Come on, Don, At age twelve, he would do one hundred thousand push ups and one hundred thousand sit ups over the course of a year. Herschel Walker got it, herschel Walker.
Speaker 3: I knew the city, he claimed. He claimed.
Speaker 4: He never lifted weights, He push ups, sit ups. He just did non stops. I know, but they built muscle. Don, What do you think push ups and sit ups do?
Speaker 3: And squats?
Speaker 4: Squats are the best thing for your body if you want to do squads? Anyways? Can I move on?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Was he an airline party? Any points? All right.
Speaker 4: This NBA star was a McDonald's All American in high school in Missouri, played college for the Duke Bluke Devils. Holds the record for most points scored in an NBA All Star Game with fifty five, most points ever scored in the game seven of any playoff series fifty one. Two time Olympic gold medalist winning with Team USA, second highest score on that team to Kevin Durant at the twenty twenty Olympics. Come on, had you two are basketball guys? You want me to call it basketball?
Speaker 3: Phil?
Speaker 4: Anyways, you won the NBA All Star Game MVP in twenty twenty three. Boston Celtics took him third overall.
Speaker 1: Jaylen Brown, Jason Tatum, You're halfway there, Jason Tatum.
Speaker 4: Jason Jason, You're under screwed up. You're on fire today, Jason Tatum, Tatum.
Speaker 3: They'll get testy who went.
Speaker 4: To a school with the Florida Good Chuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, their buddy, their buddy, high.
Speaker 4: School high school together in the St. Louis was Saint Louis. Yeah, okay, last one. This American actress is an adventurous spirit. She climbed Mount Kellerman jero into twenty ten. Before acting, she was a vocalist and performed in music productions like Annie and the Beauty and the Beast. She began her career at age eleven commercials for Pringles Number Pringles, They're still around? Nah, Pringles, I love? Who doesn't like Pringles?
Speaker 3: They're good?
Speaker 4: And Douluxe Paint. Who you guys know who doesn't like Dulux? Do you remember Deluxe Paint? It's still around too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We all talk about Cloverdale paint, right is it Cloverdale? But Dulux paint was all Benjamin movie games. Dulux Paint was big. She was the executive producer and star of the hit USA Network series The Sinner. Nineteen ninety seven, She won the Young Artists a worked for a role in Julie's Goal. Two thousand and one, she played love interest of Freddie Prince Junior in the baseball themed film Summer Catch.
Speaker 3: Got you guys kidding me? Who's she married to?
Speaker 4: Did I ask why? I named her the Sexiest woman Alive? In two thousand and five, she was on the Blade film series Blade Trinity. Are you guys serious or joking? You're on the right track with who she married Jessica Bill. Jessica Bill, Yeah, j justin Timberlake. She was married. He's in trouble that you.
Speaker 1: Know, he's dealt with the trouble. He's trying to not have the video body cam video of him being two heroes. It's not my hero.
Speaker 3: No, he's gonna.
Speaker 1: He's funny.
Speaker 4: He's he's got a great song.
Speaker 1: You just you don't get it. It's not it's not.
Speaker 3: I will say this though. He was unreal in the social network. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, he was really funny in that he was a bit of a.
Speaker 4: That's where he should stay.
Speaker 3: Stay in his lane.
Speaker 4: Okay, Dulexe paint by the way, we're back on the paint is very million. But don't forget a million outlets with do lex paint on.
Speaker 3: Well, don't forget Mills Paint Mill, owned by the Mills family, which includes Jim Mill former BC line Jim.
Speaker 4: Mills, Jim Mills, great offensive lineman for the BC Life.
Speaker 3: Nice guy. Yeah, Okay, is it just me coming up? Anthony Terrell Smith aka Tone Loak sixty years old today. Yeah, and he's going to play us out March nineteen eighty nine. In the album Looked After dark tone, loak and funky cold Medina on check. Putting the funk and funky on a BC Tuesday Morning, I dig.
Speaker 7: It, I'm oh cool, I got a ball, and I'm lifting forth.
Speaker 8: The BC Construction Safety Alliance is celebrating twenty five years of making BC work sites safer. As part of that mission, the BCCSA is now on the road with the Safety on Tour, a new mobile education experience that delivers live safety demonstrations directly to your work site, school, or community. Safety on Tour offers engaging, interactive demonstrations that highlight key safety principles, whether it's the effectiveness of fall arrest systems, the advantages of safe lifting procedures, or the protection offered by helmets, safety glasses, gloves. Safety on Tour transforms safety information into memorable and actionable experiences. Book that out a reserve and appearance by the Safety on Tour mobile experience. Contact the VC Construction Safety Alliance by emailing Safety on Tour at BCCSA dot ca A.
Speaker 3: Its just me rick Co. All right.
Speaker 4: A franchise savior for the Canucks would be Francesco selling the team and getting someone with a clue. Well, that's not going to happen. That's from fire Pant Jim and North Fan. Uh, that's not gonna happen. Because the value of the Canucks right now, Donnie, what is it? What are they valued at? What was the latest ranking of billion dollars?
Speaker 3: Or to pushing a billion?
Speaker 4: Pushing He's not going.
Speaker 3: To sell now.
Speaker 4: Now look what he bought, Look what he paid for it, and look what it's worth. Now he's not selling.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you can't read that. Yeah, Uh is it just me? But this is unsigned. Albert is roughly that isn't either roughly the same average age as D and D's audience. I think we do have an older audience because of the time of day we come on, at least and at least for our television.
Speaker 4: I don't remember him. I was a Lawrence Welk guy, Donnie.
Speaker 3: Well, remember Sulk wasn't a trumpet, don I was.
Speaker 4: I'm from the Lawrence Welk era. This guy was from the sixties. Who doesn't remember Lawrence. I think Lawrence walk was before herb Albert. No. I just remember every Saturday before Hockey Night in Canada, Lawrence Welk would come on. I I loved Tommy Hunter. Was it Tommy Hunter? I got it mixed up, but I'm telling you I was a Lawrence Welk guy. I don't I don't know this guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right? What do you got? Uh?
Speaker 4: Is it just me? But could you imagine if the Florida Panthers move up and get the first overall pick? Cal and Langley?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: I don't see that happening.
Speaker 3: Say again, what is it?
Speaker 4: Can you imagine if Florida you know, got the Okay?
Speaker 3: Sorry, Ryan, I mentioned this earlier? Florida, do is it not? This is the Seth Jones trade. And I believe Chicago owns their first round or pick, but I think it's top three or top four protected if I'm not mistaken. But that would be something at Florida with all their injuries this year, and yeah, pretty good excuses for not making the playoffs, which looks like that. Looks like that's going to happen. Wouldn't that be something that they got the first overall pick? Yeah? Right?
Speaker 4: Seriously, what team would want any conduct for their playoff run? And this is a good text from Bill, So you know Garland is the guy keep an eye on because he's got no trade protection all the other guy's got trade protection. We are three days away from the trade deadline. If they haven't traded him by now, when are they going to trade them? It just gets tougher by the day to move these guys. But we'll see. Maybe they pull off a miracle and get rid of one of these bad contracts.
Speaker 3: Brad from Cloverdale, this is good? Is it just me? But should you go back to the poll from two years ago which we showed yesterday and look up who the seven percent voted no on the contract being good for EP forty and give D and D shirts to those voters. WO the majority, large majority of people ninety three percent I believe, according to Brad, said they were in favor of that eleven point six million dollar contract on March second, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Everybody loved it, including you.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, are you you're the one? Yeah, you're the one who wanted him. You thought that was.
Speaker 4: An stop it down. I didn't say thirteen million.
Speaker 3: This guy wanted Petterson to get thirteen million dollars a year, did not. I was against the day one stop.
Speaker 4: I'm taking my eight year old to his first NHL game tomorrow with the expectation the Canucks are going to lose, but I am hoping the Connects can get a goal or some positivity for my boy's sake. What a great text from Joe in Nanaimo on the island. You know what, first game for the eight year old. Probably gonna lose, but showed the kitchen posites. No, look, Don, last night they got had a moment, a good moment, Don. They got head score first yesterday. And it's not like chump Cheese coming in tomorrow. Carolina is a damn good team, Don, the damn good team chump cheese, chump cheese band name there? What does that mean? Even chump Cheese.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've heard it all my life, chump cheese.
Speaker 3: Is it just me? But is it safe to say now? EP forty contract is the worst in Canuck's history. That's from Louis ericson.
Speaker 4: I think I think it's up there. It's either one or two.
Speaker 3: Well, I think there are three candidates. Yeah, and folks help me out.
Speaker 4: Patterson ericson who else? Mess oh, mess yes, yes, yes, yes, and he ended up suing it would be up there with us. Yeah, that's a poll question for another day. I think I'm pretty sure I know who would win. Okay, a break will wrap up the show in the poll question Next Donnie telling.
Speaker 3: The team un check.
Speaker 4: The Vancouver Giants twenty fifth anniversary season continues at the leec Enjoy a great night out with family and friends as you watch the g Men develop the next NHL stars. Check out Islanders draft pick Burt Hood and the Crease and twenty twenty six NHL Draft eligible players Ryan Lynn and Matthis Preston. Grab single game tickets for less than twenty five dollars a seat, or group tickets for as low as twenty dollars per seat, eight quantities of eight or more. Visit the Vancouver Giants dot com slash tickets to grab yours. Now you got your dog, You got your poll Rick, Ryan, get her up to the waddling dog pop pole question. Jake Debresto ben Kuzma yesterday that a rebuild would not be something he'd be okay with accepting. What's your reaction to his comments? Look at that sixty six percent said get him out of town understanding or thirty thirty four percent almost sixteen hundred votes. It's hopping and bopping and not stopping.
Speaker 3: By the way, just before we get to photos, the Panthers twenty twenty six first round pick that Florida sent to Chicago is part of the trade for your Seth Jones. Top ten protected. I was wrong. I thought was three or four. But it's top ten protected right now, though Florida would pick eleventh, so that that wouldn't apply as if it was to be picked today.
Speaker 4: Can I get something? Just keep an eye on the Islanders. I think they're really hovering around Garland. You know, you know who's in New York, Bo Horbat. You know, he might be a guy that could vouch for Garland. But the Islanders definitely poking around Vancouver players Garland. Keep an eye on here.
Speaker 3: I mentioned the scouts following.
Speaker 4: The scouts are Canucks and the Islanders have been following each other this week in terms of games, and you know, maybe they're looking for a right shot d in in Myers as well. So anyways, something's going on with the Islanders and the Canucks.
Speaker 3: So we'll keep them down a pretty good right shot deal already.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, when are we going overseas?
Speaker 1: We're going to Mexico.
Speaker 4: Okay, so not overseas.
Speaker 1: Bill and coos.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Bill and comas. This is Bill and Cheryl and can Kun. First morning, watched the gold medal game at a resort with a lot of other Canadians. So this is Bill and Cheryl. Can you show all these Canadians?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got the second one second.
Speaker 4: This is a great photo of a lot of Canadians in a Mexican in Cancun in the hotel watching the gold medal game last Sunday. Isn't that great? Look at that?
Speaker 3: I'm just one guy not watching.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's the only one with the Canadian jersey. That's true, he's the only So anyways that Bill and Cheryl and can Kun, thank you for that much you appreciated.
Speaker 3: I got mixed up here. Matthew Shaffer is a lefty not already? All right?
Speaker 4: Real we're going overseas? Where we're going? Run?
Speaker 1: Is this the Philippines?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 4: For hold on a second, beautiful Boro k Barack Philippines. So we're going to the This is the Philippines. Look at this overseas here, keep up the great Canucks covered gentleman Creed from he's fan. He never shows his face.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but he's a big fan of ours.
Speaker 4: No, but I've seen him. He's a good looking guy.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, but he doesn't want to be guys.
Speaker 4: A lot of people watch this show. But why the smiley? Every time he sends a smiley the face. I've seen the guy, I've shook his head. He's a good guy. People are careful with their photo. Believe me, we got public jobs. We know all about all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Believe me, you get accosted a lot.
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't say that on Twitter. We get ripped all the time. But that's life.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Actually, hold on, I'm gonna change up. I don't want to play us out with that song here, I'll play oh Herb.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Do we have a date, by the way for the concert?
Speaker 1: If you looked that up, it's October something.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is good.
Speaker 3: More or later. Thanks so much for tuning in, folks. I'll behalf of Ryan Rick, probably Derek Rick Herb. Everybody here at oh boy and check I'm done and you up to date in the world of sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly Podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dollie for all the latest show content,