Speaker 1: This place is Chicago, Illinois. The date is April twenty twenty. Hello, brothers, just gonna just gonna paint a little picture for you where Landon gun got and say Hello, I'm landing Fields and I'll do the rest.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm landing Fields, maybe for the last time, depending on Hello, brothers.
Speaker 1: That's that's the scene. Land and You're you are the twenty twenty five it TP Pickham loser by a single game cause of death. Porter Moser. Yeah, ago, you you battled back.
Speaker 3: It's not a plane. It's a hellcat SRT of four gunmen. Oh no, there's landing.
Speaker 1: To land and so Landon has lost Pickham. And we lead off with that because yeah, Kansas lost again. But you're used to Kansas losing, you should also be used to land and losing Pickam. But you know they Landon. I believe this is you've never won pick them, that that your rivalry with winning Pickam has been well established on the show. Is this seven years for you or eight?
Speaker 2: This is eight?
Speaker 3: Eight?
Speaker 1: I believe how have you never won? You probably, at least at one point, if not still know as much about basketball as anybody you've ever been on the show with how do you lose at Pick Them every year?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And like not only that, but I have had like arguably top ten all time Pick Them seasons, uh and haven't won. Yeah, yep, where I like ripped and someone just outgunned me and that's really annoying. But you know what, it's just outgunned.
Speaker 1: When you say outgunned, you mean in Chicago because you see the Pickham punishment that we decided on and all signed to our contracts the beginning of the years. The loser would have to go to would have to go to Chicago.
Speaker 3: And maybe Angel Reese will be in the shooter and he'll still be alive. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get like three or four chances to run before she finally connects on one, is what I'm hearing there picking up so well, more on that later. Enjoy your last three weeks of land and at least he'll get a fun NCA tournament to watch it. TP Part one of a two day special. So if you're listening today, we're going to recap Kansas in Arizona. We're going to recap Champ week, and then we are going to do a new feature where we're going to be doing a Kansas basketball draft that Landon will explain the rules of when we get there before his inevitable death.
Speaker 3: Uh So that was the actual draft, like the World War three draft that we're gonna be.
Speaker 2: Part that probably will happen eventually, But that's not this okay, because I had a different list in mind.
Speaker 3: I had. I had a lot of big men picked from my squad.
Speaker 1: Well, eventually you'll land And will get to use some of those talents to maybe fight back to prevent being gunned down in the streets of Chicago. So this is part one. The episode that comes out on Tuesday will be your Bracket show. We have the bracket, we're looking at it. We're not gonna be talking about brackets with picks. Kansas Arkansas first round matchup that's gonna come out on the Tuesday show. So today enjoy part one of your two day March Badness Special. This is itp On Rockchuk Blog. I am second place finisher, Ryan Landrath, I am.
Speaker 3: A finisher land Fields, and I'm the winner and I'm on antidepressants.
Speaker 1: So let me just tell you something about Cam. So this entire season, Landon and I have pointed out all the many times that Cam has messed up bets and picks. We've laughed and laughed at Cam's expense, and we've acknowledged that Cam has gotten many bets wrong. So you can imagine what it takes when we look at the final pickum standings and see that Cam beat us by eighteen and nineteen games and pick them. Wow, Cam, if only you had placed United States currency on all of the teams you predicted, you'd be way in the green.
Speaker 3: I think the funniest part about it is when we do pick them in in the podcast. I don't really think about it. I just hear the name and I'm like, oh, I mean ole Miss is playing at Tennessee, probably Tennessee, And then I picked Tennessee. Well, guess what Tennessee wins. Well, then I see DraftKings and I see Tennessee money line is like minus four hundred ole Miss. Money one is like plus three fifty, and I'm like, man, five dollars on that plus three fifty goes a long way, and then I lose.
Speaker 1: Then it's about flushing five dollars like earlier in this week Cam. This is all alleged by the way Cam was like, I am on an all time betting high every team I touch wins and it was true. Texas beat A and M and overtime. You had alleged money on that, and you had some alleged money on BYU beating Iowas like you couldn't miss. And then then you put your hands in the fate of tom Izzo and uh and uh.
Speaker 3: I believe Mack a lot and well he's still alive. It goes into tomorrow, into tomorrow. If anyone out there listens and cares about golf, there's this big thing happening now morning.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna win, Cam, I've watched he's gonna win. It's a lot like landing in the clutch, right, You're like, boy, a triple bogie would be real bad. That's landon having a four and twelve week if you will, and picked the quarter Moser to beat Kentucky didn't go good. Yeah, Cam finished two hundred and fifty eight and one twenty two, and pick them. You won the triple crown. You got the most games right overall, you had the best record in KU games, and you have the best record in conference games. You crushed us both so yeah and now so that makes you Bill self and that makes us John Calipari.
Speaker 3: Because it is not. It makes me Pete Rose because I bet on the game.
Speaker 1: But you're alive, unlike Landon in a couple of weeks moved to Chicago.
Speaker 3: Pete Rose died too. That's a terrible joke.
Speaker 1: That is That's OKAYRD, We're known to make a terrible joker too. Also a terrible joke is how I'm gonna convince you in the next forty hours that Kansas got a great draw and is going to the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 2: So sure, buddy, it's okay. All right, let's talk about let's suck.
Speaker 1: That's the most recent loss because I don't even know how many that is now, bab I forgot to paste all the sad landings in the notes, but I believe that's twelve of them. Right, this is twelve losses.
Speaker 2: It's just gonna be like one week.
Speaker 1: Number three, Arizona eighty eight, number six, Kansas seventy seven. Hey, guys, they'll totally beat this team. They just beat them a week ago. They're not actually the worst team in this matchup, right, Somebody tell me please? Oh no, that was Arizona running to the rim and throwing down dunks over Kansas as All American Center for the entire second half.
Speaker 2: Well, let's tell you about the game that was a long time ago and is on very few people's minds anymore. But we're gonna we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna, yeah, this will be a very like you know how, like whenever you turn on a YouTube video that's long and you put it on one and a half x speed. That's gonna be us in this recap. We're gonna still talk about it because I believe there are some talking points, but you're going to be running through it as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, much like the Wildcat offense ran through Kansas. Hot shooting helped the Wildcats control the first half, but Zeke Mayo absolutely caught fire. Zeke can do it on a neutral court, folks, Let's absolutely smash Kansas sweet sixteen run. Not really, and Zeke helped Kansas a RaSE an eight point halftime deficit. He made three straight threes, guiding the Jayhawks to a sixty three to sixty one lead with nine minutes to go. But it was at this point that Kansas went cold. Their tired legs started to show and they couldn't stop anything Arizona did. In the paint, which led to the Wildcats outscoring KU twenty seven to fourteen over the last nine minutes. Kansas now has twelve losses, as we mentioned, telling the most they've had in the Bell cuth Era. Hmm, I wonder how that's gonna gop new record, I smell.
Speaker 1: I think I think that actually is the most, isn't it. I thought it was ti. I thought last year's team lost twelve. I think last year's team lost eleven. I think this is the most already.
Speaker 2: Oh well, extending the record. Then they will draw, and they have drawn, and to seed worse than a four for the first time in a quarter century.
Speaker 3: Crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. By the way, we had as prophecy was foretold that itp Show number five hundred was destined to be a round of thirty two loss. We've been making that joke for years. This is Show four ninety seven, so you start doing the math. Four ninety eight is the bracket pick four ninety nine is the Kansas Arkansas recap they win that, oh boy, looks like in order to prevent the prophecy from coming to fruition, Kansas will have to beat Rick Patino in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
Speaker 2: They only have to beat will play Kansas on an Applebe's table.
Speaker 3: Yea, they only have to beat possibly That's that's amazing, that's really Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Landon is uh Landon is kind of like el Marco Jackson in the sense that I think that I understand that I've tempered my you know, he probably won't say anything out Landis, he won't do anything ridiculous. But they did a row down a dunk out of nowhere. I'm like, wow, I didn't know Landa would do that. I thought Landon went to church and he didn't make Applebee's jokes.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't, I really shouldn't make apple Bee's jokes. But sometimes the apple beas joke. He's right there and it looks so beautiful, and I have to take it and take a bite. And now I've taken a bite at the apple Bee's joke.
Speaker 1: Take it home for the night, and then the next day. Yeah, okay, So yes, this is the most amount of losses they've ever had so in bill selves first, however many years it is. Through twenty eighteen, it didn't lose more than ten games, then lost ten and nineteen, and then lost eleven last year and now has lost twelve. Somehow, the twenty twenty one team. Somehow, that basketball team only lost nine times. This one is on pace to lose almost fifty percent more. Yes, unless they win the NCAA Tournament, they will have thirteen losses. Cam what was your takeaway from Kansas losing by double digits to a team that they just beat.
Speaker 3: I mean, they were in the game for most of the game, and to be honest, it didn't change my take on this team. Whatsoever they they to me? At least it looked like they ran out of gas in the second half. Zeke Mail hit a lot of shots. I will say. The one thing that does concern me still about this team, and that will definitely be the downfall, is it takes so many things for them to go like they have to have so many things go right for them to just be in games with good teams to where I look at him, like, all right, if Zeke Mayol has a poor shooting night, if Ryland Griffin does what he's been doing, and if Hunter Dickinson shoots forty percent from the floor, they're gonna lose by twenty plus. So it is what it is. You know they they played relatively well, a lot of positives, but they ran out of gas and at the end of the day, their seventh seed.
Speaker 2: I mean, they need that much to go right to beat fourteen seed in the Big twelve UCF.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, Yeah, And what you guys are saying is exactly the first bullet point I haven't here is my specific takeaway from this game, which I haven't shared with you guys yet, but Cam basically just let into it. Watching this game was very different. I'm almost thirty years old. Kansas basketball has been good the entire time I've watched them. This is the first time that they'd worn blue jerseys in the Big twelve tournament in almost like fifteen years. More than fifteen years. It was seventeen years ago that they wore the blues last. So they are almost always the perceived favorite to win any game they're in. And my takeaway watching this game was it felt like I was watching a ten seed play a two seed in the NCAAs. It was like, Okay, they can play with these guys, but everything has to go right, and you look up at that scoreboard when it feels like Kansas is on an all time heater, Zeke Mayo can't miss the Sprint Center is alive with a home court advantage, and Arizona's missing everything, and it's tied. And it never felt at any point in that second half like they were actually going to win. It felt like the game of basketball came so much easier to Arizona. They had to do so much less work to get the same number of points that Kansas had to do. And that was just a weird perspective to have. There's nothing inherently wrong with that. This isn't the time where you get on there and you blame the effort or you like, clearly they were hired, Clearly, the effort was fine. Clearly they're given everything they have. They're just flat out not as good. And that's weird because I've never actually said that. So many fans in Kansas basketball are quick to slam that hammer down when they lose to somebody in December. They're like, Yep, this team's just not very good and it always winds up being proven incorrect. But like, we have enough sample size by now, they just aren't as good Arizona. We don't think is anything super special. They're a good basketball team. They're a four seed, they're one of the twenty best teams in college basketball. But Kansas should not be in a situation where crazy guy with all the ridings on the bulletin board behind him. If this goes right, and this goes right, and this goes right, Kansas has a chance to beat Arizona. That just tells you the state that they're in right now. Kansas also did the math here. In the first fifteen years of the Bill celf era, the most conference games they lost was five. And I know conference plays twenty or eighteen games now and it used to be sixteen, so not exactly and even sample size here, but up through twenty eighteen, Kansas only lost a maximum of five conference games four times. In the last seven years, they've lost at least six, and last year they lost eight and this year they lost nine. So just proof they're just not as good landed. I know, that's kind of the point that you reached before I did, and maybe even before Cam did. It was like watching a game where one team was clearly better than the other one and the worst one hung around for a while, but it was just a matter of time. Even with the home court advantage.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, that's not a good way to start off my segment, but that's kind of the tone of the season at this point. Yeah, you're right, joke. And the weird thing is kind of like exactly to your point, Like even last year's team, like once Kevin mccoler was in and out of the lineup, and once we got to the end of the season, we kind of expected that team just to kind of be not that good and they just got kind of blasted. Where's this team? Like, the weird thing about the Arizona game or the Texas Tech loss or the Houston loss on the road is that in none of those games would I say Kansas played poorly. Kansas played I think pretty well in all those games. And to this exact point, every time in my life that Kansas has played well, they win, or it takes a herculean effort from another team playing really really well to beat them, and that's very rare. Normally, when Kansas plays a even a pretty good game, they win almost always Kansas. I've watched Kansas play three pretty good games in a two week span against teams that were just better.
Speaker 1: Than them, And you can throw game where they UCF wasn't better than them, and UCF isn't even that good, and Kansas played really well and still barely.
Speaker 2: At least yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean we thought that the thing that was holding this team back all year was they weren't gonna get enough threes, right, we said at the beginning of the year, that was the problem. Kansas in two Big Twelve Tournament games made twenty threes and shot forty five percent from three. They shot forty five percent almost from three, eight for eighteen or no they should No, I'm looking at Arizona's They were much better than that. Fourteen threes against Arizona and what was it eleven? Was it twelve twelve against UCF, So that is twenty Why can't I do math? Twenty six threes? They made twenty six threes in two games, and you were a net minus nine, minus seven something like that. They made twenty six threes and were seven points worse than UCF in Arizona. Like, yeah, this is about as well as they can play on offense. They are the first Big twelve Tournament team ever to give up at least eighty eight points in back to back games in that tournament, and that's kind of skewed because it's pretty rare that you give a eighty eight and win for the chance to do it again. But this tournament's been going on for you know, since nineteen ninety seven. No team had ever given up eighty eight and back to back nights. This is not the defensive power that we thought they would be in. And then whenever they're playing better on offense, it's just still not enough. So we're gonna kind of blow through some of these players, and then we're gonna, I guess, give a little bit of analysis. There really isn't a whole lot. They are what they are. CAM tell me about Zeke Mayo, who I feel like, even in a losing effort, deserves a lot of credit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he played great. Zeke Mao had twenty points, was five to twelve from three in thirty six minutes. There's some other stats, but those are the key ones. Mayo has now made eighty five threes this year, which is tied with twenty eighteen Malik Newman for the fifth most in the self era. With three more makes, he will double Johnny Furfey's forty four, which actually led the team last year, which is insane.
Speaker 1: That is quite bad. Yeah, So, Landon, You've always said the twenty eighteen team was your favorite, And the more that I look back on that team, I realize that team made a Final four, and obviously we saw what happen with Villanova, Like, if Villanova doesn't have an all time shooting performance, Kansas probably has a fifty to fifty chance to win that game. And I think they would have won the whole thing. And I think that really puts perspective as to how good that team was. They were closer than I think history will remember to winning that whole that whole thing. There have been eight players and Bill Self's tenure that have made more than eighty threes in a season, and almost half of them are on that team. Number one all time is Sphee in eighteen, and number two all time is DeVante Graham in eighteen. Like that team was fun rip and.
Speaker 2: Then what is it? Fifth all time is midlike Newman. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also the point of that stat, the point of that stat if you've seen that tweet, Grady Dick seventh most threes in a Kansas season under self, My point number one is he was under utilized and should have been yeaeding ten of them a game, if not more, because he should have had way more than that and two Zeke Mayo. It may not feel like it the turnovers, I get it right. He's not the best defensive player. He's having one of the best shooting seasons in the history of Kansas and it's a real considering where he came from and how good of a season he's having that they couldn't put another weapon around him because he is not the problem with this.
Speaker 3: They tried. He is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, they tried, and we'll get to those guys. It was a mixed bag for Hunter Dickinson. He had a very good stat line nineteen points, twelve rebounds, three assists, two blocks in thirty minutes, but he struggled in the paint on both ends. He was just six for thirteen from two. Dickenson really didn't play that well this tournament, minus with three pointers. He made five threes in two games, which is more than he made an All Conference play coming alive, and it helped.
Speaker 2: It credits him.
Speaker 1: He's a good player. He found a way to impact the game when his his fastball wasn't there. But he's just not going to be good enough when his fastball is not cooking. That is a very powerful fastball to be taken away. Henry Vsar just completely wore him out down the stretch. Dickinson post game put the loss on himself. He said he has to play better or Kansas is going to lose early in the NCAAs. He's right. I have a hard time blaming him for these games. But you know, because of the stats that he put up. But that's that's just kind of it. He looked exhausted and he could not stop Visa so much. Yeah, yeah, And I think that I don't know if it will be a popular take. I think I at least will look back on these seasons and think Kansas lost in spite of Hunter Dickinson, and if they had put a better team around him, he would be remembered way more fondly than he will be. I think he deserves better than the records that he will have.
Speaker 2: I do hope that's true.
Speaker 3: I think that's fair take.
Speaker 1: He scored twenty eight hundred career points. Everybody's saying he hasn't won anything. He scored twenty eight hundred career points. Guys, he's not. You can say empty stats all you want, but he I won't get into it because we'll be here all night. But I have a hard time. I haven't once looked at Dickinson and thought this is the problem. We all watched the Cincinnati Big Twelve tournament game last year. We saw what they look like if you take Hunter Dickinson off of it and the Zoobie edge of four crap stop edge of force having a hell of a year. He's in a great system. He would be a great player if he was at Kansas. Bill self would trade an unproven freshman for an All American Hunter Dickinson one hundred out of one hundred times if he offered in the same trade tomorrow. Dickinson is going to be an All American twice in two years at Kansas. And what you want to add Zubie in his seventeen and ten to this team. They have a center that gets seventeen and ten. How's it working?
Speaker 2: Not well? Not well?
Speaker 3: In fourty yeah, not not the best?
Speaker 2: Uh kJ Adams. He had seven points, He had eight rebounds, five assists in thirty five minutes. He only made one field goal. He did draw a lot of contact. Though he scored his most or scoring most of his points at the line. H Dwan Harris, he was very good in this game. He actually did the things that we wanted him to do. He took and made the Statons score for four six nine overall three in thirty eight minutes. He only had three assists, he did have two turnovers, but he did one Kansas fans have been asking for, and that his attack and score he did didn't really matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cam, I guess that's that's kind of what we were talking about. Like Dickinson put up numbers, kJ played well, Harris was great, and they still lost by double digits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's it's kind of this. It's it's at the point of the year. It is the NCAA tournament time, Like we know what they are, but it is wild to think, you know, the things we talked about. They don't make enough threes. Okay they made threes. Well, de Walt Harrison needs to score, Okay, well he went and scored. But they still lost Arizona. Like they're just not good and it sucks to say that, but they just aren't good and it's the can't think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah for theirs, but I still, yeah.
Speaker 3: I still don't think they're I think they're obviously they're better than the average team. They're they're a good ish team.
Speaker 1: I guess there are French chop twenty five fringe.
Speaker 3: I would say fringe. That's that's generous.
Speaker 1: They are a French top twenty five teams. I think they're about the twenty fifth best team in the country.
Speaker 2: And like this.
Speaker 1: We could go on forever with this, but I'm just curious if if somebody were to ask both of you, what's the biggest problem with this team, what would you say?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's it's a good question. It is I feel at this point hard to put your finger on what the problem is.
Speaker 1: Because they have Leanna and you and I were talking about this before I push record this team. You look at the other seven seeds, Saint Mary's UCLA, right, Kansas has better players than that team than those teams. They have more pieces. Those teams don't have an All America center. Those teams don't have a fiftier point guard. Those teams don't have a forty two percent sniper, the best three point shooter one of them in their conference. Like, what's going wrong here? I want to say it's the point guard, but Harris gets you sixteen and you still lose.
Speaker 2: Well, I think my real guess the best thing I could probably offer is two things. One not to toot my own horn. And also, obviously, you guys very much agreed with this take that this team is a bunch of action figures smashed together on a basketball court. So the players are individually pretty good. Obviously, they all have their own flaws, some of them very glaring, some of them not as big a deal, but they all have some problem But they're all a bunch of, like on paper, pretty good players and the system just doesn't fit like, it just doesn't fit together all that well. The other thing I think that definitely came up in this game and has come up a lot, is a complete lack of an ability to close basketball games. There is, and I think a lot of that goes to leadership, which we've talked about as we are gonna do this KU player draft got me thinking about old players at Kansas more. I think about old players at Kansas often, but I was especially thinking about them, like guys we cite all the time, but Frank Mason, DeVante Graham of those are like to all timer Kansas guards, but like those guys were the killeriest killers in late game scenarios where they just refuse to lose. Obviously, they lost games, but there's so many examples of just having over my dead body outings that no one on this team is capable of having, and that is huge in close games against good teams. That in close games against good teams, you'd give the ball to Frank Mason, you'd give the ball to Devonte Graham, and they would cook. They would do whatever they want and sometimes it wouldn't work, but you knew and you trusted those guys one hundred percent of the time to do what they had to do, and a lot of the time it did work, and you knew they.
Speaker 1: Had it in them to do it. This team does not have that. Yes, hundred Dickotson can score, but he is not that guy. Yes, Secmeo can hit threes, but he is not that guy.
Speaker 2: Dwan Harris has a lot of poise, but he is certainly not the guy that's just gonna take the game on his shoulders and win. And I think that's a huge reason why this team hasn't won a lot of games, because they crumble down the.
Speaker 1: Stretch, and that's insane. Considering that they are, that they're all seniors, and the starting lineup they have played in big games. The point guard started a National championship game, like the center is the current Division one men's scoring leader, like active point totals like these guys have experience and cam. I think it's a mixture of that and the other thing I look at is the piece that the glue piece that could really make this whole thing go in. Having that guy that can the AJ Store piece or the Ryland Griffin piece. They don't have it. They don't have a three man and that hasn't whenever you got a center and a point guard that can pass and one shooter, but you don't know the guy that can kind of do all that right there in the middle, the zone buster if you need it, the three point shooter if you need it, the slasher if you need it. And boy, they made attempts, but in case we'll talk about AJ Store like that. That just hasn't that they felt doomed earlier than at least I saw coming when you look at that, thinking they didn't have any pieces that last year's team didn't have. They have. Zeke Mayo is a better shooter than Johnny Furfy was last year. But also you take Kevin McCuller away, and I think that's a light and net negative and that's why this team is slightly worse than last year. The same team is last year a little worse because the non Dickinson, Harris and kJ pieces are worse and those three aren't any better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, McCuller was also an alpha dog and he's one that you would give the ball to in crunch time, and I think Landon kind of nailed it. You don't have anyone on this team like you look at Dawan Harris. I don't trust that guy with Paul under a minute in his hands, and he's a fifth year point guard. I mean, it's just a lack of leadership. They don't have a scoring wing. Really, they can go and get you a bucket when you need it. So it's just a really bad fit. I think self went into the portal, he tried to get some guys and they didn't pan out. I think it's it's as simple as that, really.
Speaker 1: So Kevin McCuller got injured in the Cincinnati game last year, the home one, not the ghastly Big Twelve Tournament game, Kansas won that game by a few. That was Johnny Furfey's coming out party. They were sixteen and three. McCuller was hurt, he missed time off and on. He missed the game two games after that, then was obviously in an out of the lineup. After mccullar gets hurt, Kansas was seven and eight the rest of the way, and then this year they're twenty one and twelve. So you put those numbers together. Since Kevin mcculler's injury when they were sixteen and three, Kansas is twenty eight and twenty, which is a winning percentage of fifty eight percent. Obviously sixteen and three with them, it was a near eighty percent winning percentage, Like huge, huge, huge difference. I know that people weren't thrilled about the way the mccullor era ended. I think he was much more hurt than we knew at any given point in the season. But yeah, Land and that's like, I think McCuller is the one that I walk away from this last couple of year stretch and feel like I undervalued the most because this team is basically this this seam with him, they wanted an eighty percent clip which is about what Bill Sealth teams do without him. It's less than sixty. Like he's the piece last year the first two months of the year at Kevin mccullor. That's the piece that the obviously last year didn't have when he got hurt, and that's the piece this year's team doesn't have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's that's a very observant take. I think I think that's very fair.
Speaker 1: We were hoping to be Ryland Griffin and no, just no. He made a pull up jumper for his only two points, which was actually Kansas's final lead of the game, that sixty three sixty one Leeland was talking about. But he did nothing else in eighteen minutes. He missed both of his threes, which is nothing new. Since February third, which is twelve games ago. Ryland Griffin is nineteen for seventy seven from the floor, which is actually less than twenty five percent. And believe it or not, he is actually worse shooting twos than he has threes in that stretch. Neither number is good. Thirteen for fifty one from three, which is twenty six percent, six for twenty six which is twenty three percent. I mean from two good lords, Like, no, no Division one men's basketball player should shoot twenty three on twos. That that that peas guy Jack Peas that you were talking about a couple games ago. I don't even know what school he plays for. He wouldn't go twenty three percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah game, yikes, now he wouldn't. But like, to me, that just screams the fit is horrible. Like he doesn't he's he's not a bad shooter, he's not comfortable taking shots. And then the shots he would take at Alabama, he can't take it Kansas. So like it's just a terrible fit.
Speaker 1: Well, but like I watched that same man with the same shot be so good last year. How is it possible? Saying, kick him up and drop him into a Hall of fame. Coaches offense and he cannot throw it in the ocean.
Speaker 2: Well, because stack offense blows sideways.
Speaker 3: Yes, you have a point guard with a headband that dribbles for twenty five secs and tries to negotiate contracts with NATO and then he's like, oh, I got to pass the ball off somebody else, and then a shot goes up and they're like, oh we los.
Speaker 1: One word answer? Who is the biggest problem.
Speaker 3: With this team, the Wanta hears, yeah, I think you're right. I don't think it's.
Speaker 1: You're yeah, Like if you that's also a good answer, honestly, Yeah, if you said you get the chair, dude, I will I will say. I hope that Bill self. I know people are wanting him to shake it up. I hope he doesn't approach the portal one hund differently than he used to. I hope that he still goes out and says, these guys are the best shooters in the portal. I want him that part of his strategy is fine, it's how to make him fit together when they get here and next year the team's gonnaok.
Speaker 3: Carried up John Wilkes Booth.
Speaker 1: We need next year that he did. He got him a Zeke Mayo who shoots with accuracy, and there's they're worse next year. There you go that, Hey, we were just in Dallas and watched all that you want to talk about an all time llegedly. Uh, we saw the window where Lee Harvey Oswald shot.
Speaker 3: Dude, I couldn't hit that shot in Fortnite, and I'm a decent Fortnite player. You got MEETI skin with a bolt action sniper rifle from a two story building, a book depository.
Speaker 1: I did whenever I was there, and I saw the X in the street and I heard I heard it.
Speaker 3: There was AX in the street.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have a They have an X where the where the shot was fired. Yeah, it's just there. I sent it to you, guys with a relatively insensitive joke, and my thought process was Cam would make a much more insensitive joke if he was.
Speaker 3: I don't think I read that, to be honest, I don't remember when the text came through.
Speaker 1: You were on your scre you were on your sports betting high, you were making money. You didn't have any time for us, all right, and tell me about tell me about everybody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, David Koy, he made three threes off the bench for nine points. That's good. I think he's not the problem, guys. Uh Flory had four and five in fourteen minutes, including a couple of athletic putbacks. He also fouled four times, and it was part of the reason the paint defense was not good. Also, one game after scoring nineteen, aj Store in fact did not become leak Store Remy Store, as he had zero points. Seri rebound, zero sists, and zero steals in nine minutes. It should have been zero minutes. He scored double figures four times this year, and in the ensuing game in all four instances. I did not know this. This is insane. He had zero points.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: The most disappointing player in the celf Era more than any one and done because like people say Al Marco or MJ. Rice, those were eighteen year old times. AJ Store. Yeah. Aj Store was an all Big ten player.
Speaker 2: Like he has done it at the Division one level, at the Power five level, and he's an upperclassman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's terrible. He at no point, at no point this year did any of us watch aj Store play and we're like, oh, that's what they saw in the portal, Like we haven't seen a single moment of this, say from a UCF game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I agree. Also, just just for our listeners out there that care, because this is amazing. I'm scrolling through our group chat right now. In the context of our group chat over the last three days. There's a picture of Chris Beard's mug shot. There's a picture of where jo F Kennedy was shot. There's a picture of a bottle of whiskey. There's a picture of landing at a soccer game. There's also a picture of well the bullie from a Christmas story. That's another one.
Speaker 1: If that's who you thought.
Speaker 3: Henry Visar looked like, yeah, no, it's pretty good, but it's just I'm trying to find this this thing from JFK. But carry on, right, that's pretty amazing. Oh there's a crack of Tawa meme for me blowing up a toilet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say this is the ultimate. We're all trying to find the guy who did this hot dog meme. Cam looking at our group chat as a pile of ashes and being like, wow, this is bad, guys.
Speaker 3: There's literally there's a picture of a guy in a five guys surrounded by other ethnic groups, which oh.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, we can't. We can't touch on that one much, no sir. Oh what is this drop? Oh it's a phone.
Speaker 3: Oh there's a video of eating a hobbin europepper.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, how did I forget about that? Already?
Speaker 1: Have your Yeah, so cam man Cam made a habit aro pepper the other day and sent us a video of it, and he looks like that his reaction looks like he's being forced to watch the Northern Iowa Kansas hate from twenty ten and uh and then Land and I the whole time are like why why would any human choose to do this? And Cam's like, I don't know, I shouldn't have done this, but I did.
Speaker 3: There's legitimately a picture in our group chat that says a grandpa in a pitch black Viet Cong tunnel, guided by nothing but the voices like what like what again?
Speaker 1: Hot dog meme? We're all trying to find the guy who did this, Oh Cam, Cam is one of one. So Kansas forty two percent from the floor, forty five percent from three, and sixty nine percent of the line and even on the glass. If you had told us that before the game, we probably would have said they won. Not only do they not, they didn't even keep it within double they didn't even keep it to single digits. They turned over thirteen times. Yeah, just not very good. And Arizona played well, but like you're basically the home team, you just beat them a few, like, just more things have to go right. As they're they're looking at a bracket where they're gonna play Arkansas and they're a five point favorite. You gotta play well to win that. In the past, Kansas hasn't had to play well to beat a double digit seed in the first round. They're gonna have to play well to beat Arkansas. And if you want to beat Saint John's, you got to have one of your three best games of the year.
Speaker 2: Like, that's not the situation this Arkansas team before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, Hunter didn't play there, sir, and I saw someone on Twitter say, neither did Ryland. Oh boy, that would have made a difference.
Speaker 3: That's gonna make a big impact right there. His two paints.
Speaker 2: They're gonna make a big sunrise sunset. This could be all right.
Speaker 1: Well, normally we normally we stop recording here. Let's go ahead and fly through these other games real quick, and then we'll stop it before our KU feature Bay Champ Week recap other games in the Big Twelve. Well, there was no doubting who the Kings of the Big Twelve were this year. Number two. Houston demolished BYU and then shook off a halftime cam allegedly had some bucks on BYU and Landa and I were like, why Houston hasn't lost and any circumstance besides one all year. But you know that's that's that's why we that's why we pay Cam the big bucks because he gains them to make up for his betting losses. So Houston demolishes BYU and then they shake off a halftime deficit to beat Arizona seventy two to sixty four in the title game, getting their revenge member Houston was obliterated by Iowa State last year in the title game. They get it back here and they win one. The Cougars go twenty two to one against Big twelve opponents last this year, and the loss wasn't overtime. Really, yes, just sur to say the least. We were denied a likely round three with Texas Tech after the Red Raiders had the injury bug and the sickness bugs spreading around their team. They missed a couple of starters and JT. Toppin was in and out of the Arizona semi final sick. They came up just short against Arizona. They probably at full strength would have given Houston the better game, but ultimately Houston, this was their league and Calvin Sampson really rubbed Iowa State fans. The wrong way when he downplayed the significance of the Big Twelve Tournament. After this, he was like, yeah, I mean, this week is cool and all, but winning the regular season is way more meaningful. And all the whitest white people in Iowa and their burgundy red shirts stood up and said, Hey, our trip to Kansas City is the highlight of my year. You don't talk that way about us, not really, but you know, Iowa State fans do love them a good Big Twelve Tournament.
Speaker 3: I mean, in their defense, going to Kansas City for names Iowa's kind of like going to Punta Canaa for Michigan, Like that is.
Speaker 1: A tropical vacation, and they fill that place up. The Big Twelve Tournament was very, very empty, relatively speaking, for that title game. Everybody left town after Iowa State and Kansas lost on Thursday.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 2: In the SEC Vegas. Florida impressively won the loaded SEC tournament in Nashville. They got revenge on Missouri, they blew out Alabama, and then they handled Tennessee in the finals. Auburn bout out in the Semis to the Balls, while the Crimson Tide got blasted by Florida after outscoring Kentucky the night four, which that is how all Kentucky games go this season. Either Kentucky outscores their opponent or they get out scored, which I know is how basketball literally speaking works. But those games are always ninety five to something.
Speaker 1: Alabama too, they're both they both do the same thing, and they got blitz creaked by Florida like they could not stop anything. Yeah, have like sixty five points in the second half or something like that.
Speaker 2: This tournament also featured two legendary games, with Texas's two overtime win or Texas A and M giving me pick them hope for but a mere moment on money yep, when otega Oway beat his former Oklahoma team at the Buzzer for the second time this year, both being Knights to.
Speaker 1: Remember, especially for Landon because that put him to sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, hello Chicago.
Speaker 1: And I so Lanta and I the pickum seasons. Everybody would laugh so hard if they understood why Cam was saying that. So the pick them always comes down to we picked through KU's eventual exit in the Big Trolve Tournament because that's the last time. We don't count the NCAAs, so we probably could. But whatever. So that's in the end, and Landon and I were tied and we both picked five games. We picked five games differently, so it's gonna come down to whoever was right on three of them. And Landon had the early lead where you were up two to one, and all you needed to clinch, not finishing last than pick them was an Oklahoma went over Kentucky or a Kansas went over Arizona and nope, nope, Bill self and Porter Moser, you're you're I.
Speaker 2: Am a fool the picker of Porter Moser.
Speaker 1: And that was wild. Did you see the end of that game? Oklahoma scored like twelve points in the final like forty seconds and took the lead.
Speaker 3: How do you lose that?
Speaker 1: Well, Porter, that's out and somehow he safely got in the NCAA tournament. That's very disappointed. I wanted to see that man go oh for life making a tournament at ou But don't worry, they'll lose in the first.
Speaker 3: Rap yep uh in the Big East. For the first time in twenty five years, Number six Saint John's won the Big East Tournament handily, defeating Butler, Marquette, and Creighton. Along the way. Rick Pattino officially becomes the first coach ever to take six different programs to the NCAA tournament and lose to an Appleby's waitress. The real fireworks in this tournament happened in the Creighton Yukon semi final when the Blue Jays threw down an f you dunk as time expired and a shoving match ensued. And in my opinion, that's completely fine because Dan Hurley sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but did you see Hassandiara like put his fits stop getting ready to fight the dude that through that?
Speaker 2: What what are you doing?
Speaker 1: You're not gonna starting?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What was that? Dan Hurley?
Speaker 2: Rane watched his guys man, the same.
Speaker 1: Dan Hurley who walked out of Omaha after beating Creighton and waved at the fans and shouted two rings, two rings. Then gets in the postgame presser and wants to talk about the poor sportsmanship that Creighton showed.
Speaker 3: The get out of the rules for me, yes, but not for the correct yes rules for yes. Actually yes, that is very damn. I don't think he's it's not, by the way. I think that's just who he is. I think he sucks.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's a psychopath. I've seen a couple of his interview segments after they won, like and I've seen people saying he got lucky. No, he did, and they won every tournament game by thirteen points like he they they He is an amazing basketball coach. And if he wasn't an amazing basketball coach, no one would take him seriously. He'd be like Bobby Hurley, ironically, his brother. He was just kind of like goofy little troll and the way over there, it's so adorable, like you almost think it's cute. But when Dan Hurley it makes you mad because he wins all the time, and yes, he's good for the sport, and wow, is he an all time narcissistic psychopath.
Speaker 2: That doesn't what you expect, Yukon. When you're the two time reigning national champion and a team beats you in the conference tournament, they're gonna they're gonna be hype.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially two teams that don't like each other at all that you pissed off when you beat them in their venue earlier this year. They live in Omaha, Man, they have nothing to care about besides basketball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's pretty much ye Honestly.
Speaker 1: In the acc to nobody's surprise. Number one Duke won the tournament, but it was a little surprising how they managed to do it without Cooper Flagg, who had a disgustingly terrible ankle sprain very early in their first game. Uh it's a miracle, Like, Uh, my wife is a nurse and she watched that play happen and said, if that's anybody but like a Division one athlete, that is a broken ankle, and other things like the fact that he landed like he jumped so high off the ground and that ankle was sideways. It was a three o'clock sprain. It's amazing that he, even after being wheelchaired off, was able to hopefully play in the NCAAs and he will. He's they said he's gonna give it a go. So he avoided catastrophe there. Duke's kind of banged up. Now. They should have ended North Carolina season in the semis. But the chair of the tournament is the Tar Hills ad And then the Duke roared pass number thirteen louisvill by eleven in the second half to win the title game. This is a Duke's first win over a ranked team since December, when they are fully healthy. I think they're the best team in the field, but we just don't know if they are. Also, we'll talk about it. We'll talk about it. But North Carolina and the tournament is the worst at large decision I've seen the committee make.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 2: But I am one million per seated for R. J. Davis's last ride.
Speaker 1: Agree would much rather have them than West Virginia. From a from an eyeball test, that's fine, but like, don't act like that it's anything but favorites. Don't act like metrics went into this because there's no mathematic argument for North Carolina over West Virginia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Trump bought five totally normal cryptos that aren't tied to anybody. He knows their loves by the way, anyway, I don't know what that's about. But anyway, back to the basketball thing. Michigan, Michigan, they won the Big Ten. They won the worst championship basketball. I watched part of this and turned it off to play MV the Show with my roommate. Apparently I missed. Now they came back late on number eighteen Wisconsin fifty nine to fifty three. That score does not do the game justice because it was thirty eight thirty four to ten minutes left. That is truly bad before the and then it turned into.
Speaker 1: An Alabama Kentucky game like out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: And still dree Yeah, the Badgers beat Michigan State to get to the finals. Michigan State still ends up being a two seed on the Badgers. They ended up as a three, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they that Wisconsin is a four? Aren't they that three?
Speaker 2: Or therefore?
Speaker 1: I think I don't know there are three?
Speaker 2: Well, Michigan's a five against UC San Diego. We'll talk about all that tomorrow.
Speaker 1: But Cam, I couldn't help but notice during the Michigan State Wisconsin semi final you seem to have a very strong rooting interest.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I I definitely was wagering some United States currency on tom Is because it is his A month according to my friends. And it turns out was not his A month yesterday.
Speaker 1: No, it never is. It hasn't been his O month since the Twin Towers were standing. He hasn't won a title.
Speaker 3: In I know. I don't think they're gonna win it this year, either, but I do think they're good. I don't know what it's gonna mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I lost lose heartbreaking lost to Marquette.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say that. I don't about right, No.
Speaker 3: Smart beats tom Izzel.
Speaker 1: I mean, didn't Michigan State beat Uh didn't Michigan State beat Marquette in the seven to two game like a couple of years ago and now it's the same game.
Speaker 3: But flipped I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so Cam, you just said if if Shaka beats tom Izzo, No, I'm going to read you some names. Let's take a look at the list of coaches that has defeated tom Izzo in the nca Tournament. Last year, Hubert Davis.
Speaker 3: That's not ideal.
Speaker 2: No, that's really not ideal.
Speaker 1: The year before that, Jerome Tang the year I can keep going as long as you want.
Speaker 3: The year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Middle Tennessee one. I have no idea. Sha Chefsky beat him in the last year. I yeah, Middle Tennessee was sixteen. What you want to know the coach's name? God, I have no freaking idea.
Speaker 2: Who the coach is?
Speaker 1: Kermit Davis, who has the largest forehead of any man I've ever seen. Picture going in the notes. That's not what I pictured Kermit Davis to look like. But here it is.
Speaker 3: It's Kermit Davis, just Hubert Davis, Kermit the frog cost. Oh my goodness, gracious.
Speaker 1: I don't think he looked. He doesn't look like Hubert Davis.
Speaker 2: Can It looks like it looks like you could put the bat signal on that thing.
Speaker 3: So old.
Speaker 1: This hired Kermit Davis after watching Middle Tennessee State beat Michigan State. And then they got him out to hire someone who allegedly hit his wife.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't I don't know about alleged.
Speaker 2: That got choked out.
Speaker 1: I don't think he'll sell it. And Bill self got got is o once, didn't he?
Speaker 3: Jim behintbody is a beat sol from the tournament.
Speaker 2: The Spartans were like an eight or nine in Kansas ye fifteen.
Speaker 1: So Nick Cronin, Mick Cronin, Mike Kryshevski, Uh, Jerome Hang, and Hubert Davis are the last four men that have beat uh tom Izzo in the in the tournament. One of them is a Hall of Fame one the others.
Speaker 3: M you know, give me, I don't even care anymore. I don't care. My my anti Michigan State stick is over. I just don't care anymore.
Speaker 1: And then in the AAC. Memphis won it. They earned a five seed. Wow, guys, this will for sure be the year Penny Hardaway goes further than we think he will.
Speaker 3: They're gonna get torched by whoever. They're twelve is is if you see you?
Speaker 1: No, it's yeah, it's Colorado State, isn't it? Who won? Like?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, give me the Rams, dude, Yeah, give me the Rams.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. Ranked teams to lose since the last show, it is literally every single one besides Duke Houston, Florida, Michigan and Saint John's and Memphis. I think Memphis is ranked. I don't know, maybe five seed Memphis. All right, there you go last weekend pick them Cam good, Ryan less good but still okay?
Speaker 2: And Landon, Hey, I was eleven.
Speaker 3: They call it.
Speaker 2: That's good. I just you know you guys are psycho.
Speaker 3: January February camp.
Speaker 1: Okay. So, now with no games, the preview, and no ask arcbs for the day, we are gonna do something new that Landon has orchestrated. So Landon, I'm gonna turn it over to you and you're gonna tell us the rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we are going to do a ITP era Kansas Player Draft. The ITP eras from twenty thirteen to fourteen. That's the Andrew Wiggins freshman year all the way up until this year. I thought it was fun. This is basically a segment on a movie podcast that I really like, where they draft movies from specific years or genres or whatever. And I was like, that sounds really fun. We could do that with KU players, and we're going to do it. So here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna draft six players each. We're gonna put them, generally speaking, in a starting five. You can, you know, argue how you want to put players at certain positions if you want, that's fine, but we're gonna draft a starting five and a sixth man six players each. We're gonna do it in snake draft order. We have designated the order as the pick him order, So it's gonna be Cam first and Ryan then me, so Cam will have a pick, Ryan a pick all of two, and then we'll turn it around. Most people listening to this probably understand fantasy football. It's like that. So all right, the specificity of this real quick. I'm gonna lay this out just so we're all clear, and everyone listening, generally speaking, at least understands what we're doing enough. We are gonna be selecting an individual season for a player, not their entire career. That makes it a little more fair for like one and Don's and stuff for the sake of simplicity. Though, once we select a player from any season of a specific player, the rest of their career is gonna be off the board. So we can't pick like two years of Frank Mason or two years of Hunter Dickinson or something.
Speaker 3: Only one.
Speaker 1: So whenever, whenever I under the radar snipe and take El Marco's freshman season, that you guys can't have the rest of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, exactly, yes, yes so or that also for all of us, just at least loosely specify what year you're taking of a guy. Make sure you uh in some way designate what year you're taking. Like I said, we're doing the ip era from twenty thirteen up until now. Also, we're drafting for college careers specifically, not they're like whatever they've done or not done in the NBA. So like you know, Josh Jackson might be a better pick than Joel Embiid. That's the only time that's ever been true.
Speaker 1: But for this it is h any question unless you want someone who can drive a car into the you know, or tailwide or whatever.
Speaker 3: You have right right, that's rock, go for it.
Speaker 1: No one, take Hunter Dickinson. That's all I asked, Cam. You have one pick ahead and.
Speaker 3: Don't do it. Also, are we going position by position or does it matter?
Speaker 2: You can do any order you'd like. If you really want, you could take your sixth man first. That'd be weird, but you could do that. You can.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: Whoever you want to take, you can take.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna build my team how I want to.
Speaker 2: All right, go for it, do it. But there's no.
Speaker 1: So this doesn't have like but we're not gonna be able to like analyze. Maybe what I'll do is I'll put it on Twitter and I'll let the people vote on who has the best team, because I was gonna say that.
Speaker 2: It's not like.
Speaker 1: Fantasy football where we can like play it out and see what who who has the best squad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to verte put it on Twitter, let the people vote.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll do that, all right.
Speaker 3: My style is going to be bizarre.
Speaker 1: Cam, you are up first. You can have anybody you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to make it easier.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: That's that's the clear number one pick. Good job Cam, Yeah, I think it is. Thank you, so you have to yours also type it in. Yeah, you're responsible for for typing in. So you go with the you think that's the best season.
Speaker 3: So is that twenty seventeen? I think yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So all right, I'm gonna I'm gonna go a little bit of a different angle after watching this Kansas team. I'm gonna go to to share a little strategy here. I think there's a lot of good point guards, and I think there's a lot of good bigs. But what I really need to anchor my team is a sniper with experience and pedigree. So I'm gonna go with the second overall pay I'm gonna take my three man first right away, and I am gonna go for the player that I believe had the most decorated season in the history of Kansas basketball. I've done a lot, and I've done a lot other than Danny. Can't take Danny's in the eighty eight season. I've done a lot of thinking about this, and I am gonna go with twenty twenty two. Oh Chaiabaji? Here who was he made over? He made over one hundred threes at a very high clip. We saw him be clutch on the biggest stage, one most outstanding player in the final four. We saw him carry a national championship team. I got the most important thing that a player can do on a basketball court, which is consistently hit threes. He could score at the rim. He was a good free throw shooter, and he was good on the big stage. I think he had the best individual season if you include accolades that any player under Bill Salva is at.
Speaker 2: So okay, that's a good I like Ochai. I wondered what you would do here. I so I could do something because I think you've actually misjudged one category. So I could go with two players that might hurt you a little bit. If I'm really gonna game this.
Speaker 1: Yeah you could. This is that three and four is a great opportunity. You could snag the next two point guard seasons and really knock me down a little bit here and that.
Speaker 2: See, that is what I'm considering doing. I am gonna do one. I'm gonna go with twenty eighteen. DeVante Graham kind of unsurprisingly yeap, that is. I mean, that was a seventeen and seven assist year, you know, hit over one hundred threes, went to the final four. Uh So I'm gonna go twenty eighteen Dvante Graham with pick one. I'm debating between two players, one beaging point yard and one being I think I have to do this because I think it's one of the best and more underrated seasons recently. I'm gonna go with twenty twenty three Jalen Wilson.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna do next. That too, exactly why I wanted to pair next to o Chai.
Speaker 2: M because he averaged twenty and eight, and yes it was maybe slightly inefficient, but that guy was a four that he's a gravitational force on his own. Really one of the best, one of the best, just outright seasons I think of any individual in the Bill Self era. He was brilliant that year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly that. That's the correct pick. I am gonna do something here and I with with pick five, I have only one position that hasn't been touched, and that is the center position. I wanted to originally go here and take the best center. But I think the right strategy is you guys aren't gonna take you know, two seven footers. That's just not how either of us, any of us, build a basketball team. So I think that the third even if I'm stuck with the third best seven footer, true center, that still goes a lot further. I've got a snag of point guard here at some point, but I'm not quite sure exactly the best. Like this is where it gets very very interesting. I think I will go ahead, and because you guys each have there are three dogs in the Kansas point Guard self era, three guys that go get your bucket when you had to have one. They were clutch, they were great for four years. And I think I gotta grab the third one of them. Here. I have to take Searan Collins, but I don't want his twenty ten season, which oh I can't do that, can I.
Speaker 2: Collins is not in the I t P era. This is not the it IP man.
Speaker 1: This is this is interesting. Okay, well, now see now it does get interesting because the other point guards that have been in the i TP era are nearly now I know who I am missing, and I have a I'm not missing. Dewan Harris don't say that, but I'm gonna go ahead, and I don't love having to make this pick here, but I'm gonna go ahead and take twenty twenty de von Dodge. That's okay, that's as as the point because I have to get one, and if you or Cam takes one, then the next option, like a guy like a Mario Chalmers, is ineligible. So then I'm really I'm really reaching. I have to take dots in at.
Speaker 3: Five, all right, So I'm just gonna build a freakishly athletic team for fun. I'm gonna put this is gonna be like Bill Solf and the Portal, just throwing guys together that are gonna get fire bombed by a twelve seed. I'm gonna take freshman year Andrew Wiggins.
Speaker 1: I'm throwing Cam.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I love it. I'm throwing I wondered how high Wiggins would go out the guard slash forward position. So that is what twenty fifteen is that twenty fifteen Injrew Wiggins fourteen fourteen? Is it my pick again?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 3: Oh, Ryan's gonna hate me so much. All right, next position and I'm taking I'm taking the good Dick Grady Dick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew he was gonna go for you're going with a shooting.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going for that Caucasian shooter. Call me John Wilkes Booth. I'll take uh.
Speaker 1: Can can we take Darreon Peterson? Is he allowed? Technically he will be in the IP era.
Speaker 2: He will be He's not yet all right.
Speaker 1: So I'm between two names here as I prepare for pick number eight, I'm between two, and strategically, I think I'm gonna go with the one that fills my needs the most. But I'm pretty confident Landon is gonna take the guy I'm not taking next. So I, as my foreman, am gonna go out and lock in seventeen Josh Jackson because I need that athleticism. I need someone who can score. I was gonna take Wiggans. I think he was a better player than Jackson at Kansas. Maybe not the better season, but he played on a much, much worse team. So I'll go ahead and do that, and I'm gonna cross my fingers Landon doesn't snipe. I got two names in mind, Please don't snipe them.
Speaker 3: Both.
Speaker 2: Well, I got two picks, so let's let's see what I can do. I hmm, okay, how do we want to do this?
Speaker 1: There's a lot of good point guard and a fore man at this point, nobody's taking a center.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, no, true big has gone.
Speaker 3: Listen to what we're doing, Bill, how do you build your team?
Speaker 2: Which does tempt me to go with a with a with a five? But I don't know. I don't know if there's one that I want to take desperately here.
Speaker 1: If you don't take one here, then there's gonna be four picks between when you go next, and you gotta think eventually someone's gonna.
Speaker 2: Go Yeah, well I think first before I do that. Actually, I'm we can. I'm allowing googling of stats, so I'm gonna do that real quick. Okay, I'm googling a certain a certain player's statistics he played at Kansas Believe it or not, I hope it was during the it Oh it was. Oh.
Speaker 3: I talked about him while landing goes in. Uh the googler. I'd like to remind everyone that this episode is brought to you by Better Help. Use code cam slash gambling for a discount on your first session of therapy. We're not sponsored by Better Help. Better Help. If you're listening or Medello Beer Company, we will take your help.
Speaker 1: Wow. I thought Landon was googling stats and he wrote something very inappropriate the notes instead. That's so mean, Landon, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't do that. I didn't do that.
Speaker 1: This these notes might be shared with show me Hawk one day.
Speaker 2: I man, I hope I'm not forgetting somebody. I'm gonna go with twenty eighteen Sema Kai Luke.
Speaker 1: Freaking damn. I hate picking second. I hate this dude.
Speaker 3: You should have picked better and pick.
Speaker 2: Him and then, boy, I could, I could do it right now.
Speaker 1: I'm really building the twenty eighteen team the.
Speaker 4: Worst I I'm gonna take twenty twenty five Hunters.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Dickinson, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So interesting. Explain that. Explain how of any center that the decent change?
Speaker 2: I think I'm I'm genuinely changing my pick. I'm changing my pick. I haven't locked it in. I'm changing and I'm changing it. I'm gonna go twenty nineteen Didric Lawson, Oh wow.
Speaker 3: I see.
Speaker 1: I think Hunter was I think Hunter was better than did Jerk.
Speaker 2: I think Didrich was better than Hunter.
Speaker 1: I think Diedrich and Wilson playing together is fascinating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Diedrich is kind of the true five man version of Jalen Wilson. Like they are very similar players in a lot of ways. They can both shoot threes, they can both handle the ball, they can both pass, they can both rebound, uh speaking rebound decently well as well. That's I think that's a really fun four guys I have so far with DeVante's feed, Jalen and Dedrich Lawson uh Dedrick coverage like nineteen and ten on a team that was more dysfunctional and still better than the current the last two Kansas teams, to be honest, See.
Speaker 1: Where it gets interesting here is like I want half season so bad, and I'm not quite sure I do that. Like twenty eighteen Malik Newman, if I get the second half, it's he's the best shooter here, or like twenty nineteen le Gerald Vick, if I get the first half, then he's freaking lethal. But you have to calculate in this entire season. It makes it a lot more challenging, and whenever you take away the non it TP years, it definitely makes this really interesting. So I am going to go ahead and I'm going to work out a little bit of a strategy here. I need another shooter and I'm just going through the years, and I want, like like Geez in my scenario, if I plug like a Brandon Green into this, then I think I could think. I think I could coach him out of that doghouse. I do, but that's not how the game works. That's not how it works. So I think I'm going to do something here that may surprise you a little bit. I am going to take who I believe is the most consistent and the best three point shooter that we haven't named yet. I want to put him around quality supporting cast and see what he does. And that is three Man twenty twenty five, Zeke Mayo. I want to put him next to oh Chaia Baji, and I want to put him next to a point guard in Dotson in this case that can drive to the cup and also pass. I think Zeke would get a lot of open looks. He is shooting a better percentage at forty two percent on this type of volume than almost all of these guys did. He's a better.
Speaker 2: Shooter than O Chai.
Speaker 1: He was a better shooter than Grady Dick and he's just as good as a shooter A Savie m. Kailaks statistically like, theoretically this should work. I'm going with a very high floor or high ceiling low floor squad here, also going for a team that if we need to kick a tail light out, look no further than team Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can I have a team chaperone? Be Connor Francamp after six Beers.
Speaker 1: Heroin. Connor Frankcamp was a freshman and looked like he was thirty four.
Speaker 3: He'd be selling insurance at seventeen.
Speaker 2: Pretty sure, Hey, Connor Frankcamp is eligible.
Speaker 3: I'm not. It's true.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 1: We did recap Connor Frankamp games.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm so. I'm my team makes zero sense. I mean, we've got an alpha dog, we have a freshman phenom. We also have another freshman phenom. This team would lose in the round of thirty two to Stanford, just like Andrew Wiggins did. But that being said, I'm gonna add myself another alpha dog. I'm gonna add guard slash forward slash center, not center guard slash forward Christian Brown from the twenty.
Speaker 2: You're gonna do it?
Speaker 3: Yep, he's hopping into that. He's hopping in with Andrew Wiggins and Frank Mason. This team would punch everyone in the face and not at all about it.
Speaker 2: Chris Cam, dang it.
Speaker 1: Cam going for a very classy team with a very diverse team. Whereas that's that's a clear focus for Cam. A lot, a lot of guys that you'd want your daughter to date if you will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got yeah, just I give off hard.
Speaker 1: Workers, scratch guys who you cut him open? And a Jayhawk comes out?
Speaker 3: Am I right, yeah, Oh sure, that's fine. Is it? Do I have the next pick? Or is it going back to hey it goes back? Oh my goodness, gracious boys, buckle up, buckle up. You won't believe what I'm doing here. All right. So this team has talent and has heart. It has people that you probably wouldn't want your daughter around. But I'm gonna add a solid piece to the mantle. I'm gonna add twenty seventeen Land and Lucas to captain the five because I want a glue guy. I want a glue guy to get rebounds and get his shots blocked by Oregon in the elite.
Speaker 1: Hold on what's this?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Bill sells at the door and he says, it's kJ Adams. Obviously, if you need a glue guy. He wants to know what what you're thinking here.
Speaker 3: Cam Uh, I'm thinking that kJ is not that good. Okay, all right, all right, God he doesn't listen.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do something here, and I'm gonna I think Landon is going to This feels like one of those pieces where I want two guys. I want to use two guys together, but I think if I take the first one, it will make land and take the other. So I'm just gonna try it. I'm gonna try it because Landon has already taken a complimentary piece here. I am going to snag twenty twenty Udoka as a bouquet to be my starting five man. Oh and I think you know what exactly I want to pair him with as a sixth man. And I'm gonna assume that because you already took Dietrich, you're not gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it probably won't. I probably won't.
Speaker 1: Can we can we change this? Can we add a seventh man? Can we have two bench pieces? I feel like we need two bench pieces.
Speaker 2: What if we just did a full roster and walk Ons on the coach.
Speaker 3: Is anybody drafting Charlie Moore?
Speaker 1: I yea.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Your seventh man can just be a Your seventh man can be the class act guy if you will, so, then you may.
Speaker 2: Be not doing seventh man. Why were we doing seventh.
Speaker 1: No, we have to I need an extra front court and extra backcourt guy.
Speaker 2: Fine, whatever, Fine, that makes enough sense, I'll allow it. Okay, Well, I get two picks, then I get to end the draft with my seventh man.
Speaker 1: No, we have three spots left.
Speaker 2: Well right, you're right, yeah, and then I get to end the draft.
Speaker 1: I get what you're doing. So okay, so the team so far, Cam, tell me your tell me your five picks, all right, Land, and go ahead and make your fifth pick, and then we'll go through the rosters.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, this is a this is a big decision. Well, now that I have two bench spots, I'm gonna go back and take twenty twenty five Dickson.
Speaker 1: Freaking darn it. I knew, I knew that was gonna happen. That's exactly who I wanted to put in here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. So I'm gonna ruin your system, and I'm gonna play my game, my way and I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: If I had taken Dickinson instead of Dope. Would you have taken Dope to pair with de Drick?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I knew it was and I originally I was gonna go with Jeff Witty and Hunter Dickens, and then I thought about it, and I thought I could maneuver Doke and Dickinson, and I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: That's fair, that's fair. Okay. Let's recap our five picks here. We each have two picks left camp.
Speaker 3: All right, So I have twenty seventeen, Frank Mason twenty twenty three, Grade Dick twenty fourteen, Andrew Wiggins twenty twenty two, Christian Brown got him for his mom, and then twenty seventeen Win.
Speaker 1: Lucas, And then we're going to counter that with twenty twenty Devon Dotson, second Team All American, twenty twenty two, oh Chaya Baji, First Team All American twenty twenty five, Zeke Mayo, one of the three best shooters in the cell fair statistically. Twenty seventeen. Josh Jackson, professional tailight kicker and biggest NBA draft bust also got a child high allegedly. Yeah, twenty twenty Udoka as a Bouquet Big Twelve Player of the Year.
Speaker 2: I was said, child, we have twenty eighteen Davante Graham which seventeen points and seven assists and went to a Final four, and I believe it was Big twelve Player of the Year, and I believe in All American twenty eighteen Spema Kai Luke, Time Vibes Guy twenty twenty three. Jalen Wilson average twenty and eight in his red shirt junior year, Hot Mom Yes twenty nineteen Diedrich Lawson averaged like nineteen and ten uh and was an absolute force. Had one of the most underrated offensive seasons in the Bills off Era. And twenty twenty five Hunter Dickinson, who's getting double teamed every night and is scoring like seventeen and ten despite.
Speaker 1: His no but he sucks.
Speaker 2: That's okay, he sucks.
Speaker 1: Empty stats. People are gonna write you Land and be like, why didn't you choose twenty twenty three Zoobie edge of four. He's better than Hunter Dickinson.
Speaker 2: Slams micers because he isn't uh and also he plays for Saint John's. He's not eligible.
Speaker 1: He is technically eligible but not.
Speaker 2: He is actually eligible. Yes, he is eligible. What do you pick?
Speaker 5: Okay, I gotta take another guard and a lot of the good like you beating guards the Wigans yer.
Speaker 3: It was Wigans year.
Speaker 1: Okay, so freshman Wayne Seldon is still available.
Speaker 2: Sir as a sophomore junior Wayne Seldon? No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which which Cam saw in the KFC Young Center once? Yeah?
Speaker 2: There, Man, I really was gonna take Christian Brown. I really didn't think you were gonna take Brown. Cam. It's a great pick.
Speaker 3: Had to do it for the mom.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's extremely extremely fair. Let's think about this.
Speaker 1: Maybe if I backspace Hunter Dickinson off Landon's team, I can he won't notice that I can snipe him for myself.
Speaker 2: What, man, Who's who's there's there's one name that's coming to mind. Who is good? Is is quite good?
Speaker 1: I know exactly who I want for the last two picks. So I'm gonna be so irritated if one of you takes this. M I have it all mapped out and everything.
Speaker 2: I think I have to take. I'm really try to rack my brain to make sure I'm not forgetting like an obviously more interesting piece than this. I don't think that I am. So I'm gonna take twenty eighteen Malik Newman and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's that's a good piece Landon. So your roster is the back court of this is twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yesh was not on purpose. I didn't go out and intend to get all of twenty eighteen. I mean, I obviously wanted Graham, and I'm not mad at Feet, but I'm not mad that it ended up this way. That's for sure.
Speaker 1: I was gonna take Feet whenever you didn't or whenever if you didn't, So I was right there waiting.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the next piece I need is I need to get another back court or another front court piece. And I have a walking bucket and one of the best defensive centers in the history of the Big twelve and as a bouquet. But this team, I think with Dotson, Abaji and Mayo on the on the back court, with Josh Jackson as the fore man, I think this team is designed to go fast. So I need to take a big that can play fast and get me offense. So because of that, I'm gonna go with one of the most slept on pieces to be a six man, and that is twenty sixteen. Perry Ellis one of the best offensive players in the self era. He can play the five. I could put I could put him at the four next to Doke if I wanted to. I think that they would both play really well next to each other. Have a have a guy come off the bench that was a seventeen points a game, second team All American. I'll take it.
Speaker 2: That's a good one, very good one.
Speaker 3: Man. I'm running out of ideas now, just kidding. That had no impact on my choice. I forgot Perry Ellis was alive. I do have him on Xbox as a friend on Xbox. I wish you'd forgot. I wish he'd joined my parties.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you forgot he's alive. He's been alive since the Titanic sank.
Speaker 3: He has been drinking pine sal lemonade. I will take six man, you know what, for fun? This team makes no sense. I will take freshman Joelle Embiid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, that's it. He was a due Domino take Yeah. I wondered if he would even be chosen here. I He and twenty nine eighteen la Gerald Vic were the two guys that I were like, they couldn't really be good on these teams if someone takes them.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's and I have the last pick here for me? Yep, what is the last what's the last one? Is this like a stupid pick or is.
Speaker 1: This it can be if you want. I have a very specific peace in mind that I need.
Speaker 3: I need.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm very confident. I think I know who Ryan's taking.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna you know what, I'm gonna make Bill Soff get a raging hard on. I'm gonna take twenty sixteen Jamari trailer. Why not?
Speaker 2: Whoa that did not see that?
Speaker 1: That's a choice. That's that's a choice.
Speaker 3: The guy can. Yeah, I need the guy that can go in there, dive on the floor and then wink at Bill Soff's wife and Bill's I asked, my boy.
Speaker 1: Hey, kJ is there too? kJ is there too? Okay?
Speaker 2: Fran Mason is setting the minutes record on Cam's team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why is over Andrew Wiggins.
Speaker 1: That is exactly happening. Bill is benching Andrew Wiggins for not diving on the floor enough and letting Jamari Traylor play the three. And we're gonna be like, whoa, why why are you doing? Bill? Okay, so Landon. You were confident you knew who I was gonna take. Give me the position you.
Speaker 2: Think I'm gonna take here, point guard.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me who you think I'm taking.
Speaker 2: I think you're taking a little Remy in the evening.
Speaker 1: You know me as well as my spouse does, and that's a little bit scary for being honest. Yes, absolutely, I need a point guard to come off the bench. I need someone who can back up Devon Dotson and also play with him. Remy and Devon play kind of similar styles, but Remy's a better shooter. He can play if Devon gets in foul trouble. And I feel like I have a really good defensive team here. Doake and Josh Jackson. They got the low block. Devon Dotson's a very good point guard, so are on the defensive end. So I'll put Remy in there, who wasn't known for his defense, but two thousand point score the ultimate why card. I definitely like him better than Jamari Traylor. But you know, hey, to each their own, uh and uh and yeah, I'll have Remy rounding out this. My team, by the way, has a couple guys on here that won a national championship can never go wrong with that experience.
Speaker 2: So I wondered, there there is there is a guy who I'm probably gonna have to take here.
Speaker 1: Oh no, not quite Ryan Close somebody who's type this year is the one Harris He's not gonna take. I have to take mar You're serious.
Speaker 2: I was taking twenty twenty one Marcus Garrett, my least favorite player in the history of the program, because.
Speaker 1: This version here, that's the National defensive Player of the year.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'll take twenty twenty Garrett. That's fine.
Speaker 1: Twenty one Garrett scored more.
Speaker 2: Because so here's my logic on this. He's an incredible defender. I am a little bit defensively thin. Also, he can play an off ball for pretty well, and he can defend all five positions, and he can play point guard competently. And if he can play point guard with like Malik Newman's feed, Jalen Wilson and Dedrich Lawson as opposed to like Junior David McCormick and and a latch of like Chibby versions of oach And and Jalen Wilson and Christian Brown, I think he would do just fine there. So I think he's he's a great utility piece. He's like a utility infielder. You know, he might not do anything outstandingly well, but he's gonna do every job pretty well, and he's kind of an invaluable piece. He can fill a lot of spots, he can do a lot of do a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Landon's team is going to be very beloved by Kay Twitter until Hunter Dickinson goes in the game. Cam has the ultimate wild card with a lot of daughter Nash and so here I threw this whole thing off. I think Landon was probably expecting me to take Davonte second. And I think in my book seventeen Mason, eighteen gram and twenty Dotson. Dotson's the third best of those three. But the gap between one, two and three, I think is smaller than the best two or three shooting seasons they've had. And Ochi's twenty two season is still slept on and is so so so good and always he's He's one of the only guys on that list that, while being a forty percent shooter, was also that good at the rim and also a very competent defender. That's why I thought that guy was worth being the first non point guard being taken here, So one more time from beginning in here, I'm going with twenty twenty Dotson running the show, twenty two a bogie and twenty five male on the wings, seventeen Josh Jackson and sixteen Pariellis alternating minutes at the four, senior doke at the five, and then I have national champion Remy Martin coming off the bench to play backcourt, point guard, reserve minutes. Who's beaten at squad? Your joke's on me. It's twelve seed high point. Whenever they get to the sweet sixteen, I know how that goes. But that team's at least winning a Big twelve title.
Speaker 2: That team is good. That team is good. Shockingly, all these teams are good. Rounding out my full squad here, we got twenty eighteen Devonte Graham. We have twenty eighteen Malik Newman, a guy who almost single handlely sent Keynes to a Final four. Twenty eighteen se Mka Leak. We have a final four backcourt. We saw that work incredibly well. Once we're gonna see it will work well again. Twenty twenty three Jalen Wilson. He once again average twenty and eight. He was brilliant. Twenty nineteen Ddrich Lawson a very slept on offensive season, but he was a walking double double who could score at all three levels. Twenty twenty five. Hundred Dickinson, a guy that is averaging seventeen and ten as like one of the only consistent offensive pieces on his team. Another walking double double who can occasionally pop out hit the three. Yeah. Does he have defensive issues, sure, but that's why we have twenty twenty Marcus Garrett to cover up all those defensive issues. National Defender of the Year. He can play a lot of positions, just not shooting guard, but he can do pretty much everything else. He's gonna defend the crap out of basketball.
Speaker 3: You guys have really good teams. My team doesn't make any sense, but here it is.
Speaker 1: Twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: It did it first, and then I just got really sidetracked. I was like, I'm gonna make it super athletic twenty seventeen. Frank Mason running the point twenty twenty three. Grady dick shooting high volume of threes. Twenty fourteen. Andrew Wiggins. Not sure how he fits with those two, but he's there. Twenty twenty two. Christian Brown is in there, his mom's in the stands. A lot of tystosterone flowing. And in the boys here twenty seventeen, Land and Lucas rounding out the show. Somehow, Joelle Embiide is backing up Land and Lucas. Still unsure how that one played out. And then I decided to put Jamari Trailer or floor Burns just for the hell of it and to make Bill self happy, because that's what he's gonna be doing in the retirement home. He's gonna be crafting out parlays and he's gonna be making teams that are centered around Jamari Trailer and Dwan Harris and kJ Adams, and he'll be trying to figure out how that would work.
Speaker 1: This is a good exercise, Land, and I need you to come up with another one that we can do after Kavs gets eliminated in a week and we need something to pass the time. Okay, So absolutely, today we're going to recap the second round of the NCAA Tournament with the Jayhawks and not playing. So we're going to pick which Kansas basketball players we think we're the best people to hang around.
Speaker 3: The next.
Speaker 1: Cam's entire team is Mitch lightfoot sphema kay look and uh and who else? Who else would be on Cam's daughter? Dat team? We got we got point guard Tyrol Red, he's running the show. We got any morning Star.
Speaker 3: My team is just called the Domestic Abuse Superstars Team Captain Chris Pearrece.
Speaker 1: And on that note, this has been the Inside the Paint podcast. We will be coming up with another show here where we'll be recapping brackets. If you're like, what the heck the bracket came out this weekend, you didn't talk about it, that's because that's coming on the next Inside.
Speaker 3: The Page Snake Draft. Which household kitchen utensil would you like to take into World War Three?
Speaker 2: No? Hey, really easy?
Speaker 1: Number one overall Landon is twenty five. He still is eligible for the war draft. When Cam and I are done, you are twenty four, hey, time Grant Foster's almost done, sir.
Speaker 3: Yeah, followed by which college basketball coaches would you draft to be in your fox hole when you're fighting in the Battle of Beijing?
Speaker 1: Oh man it tp Era. Bob Huggins obviously.
Speaker 3: Be drinking moonshine. Shooting an RPG.
Speaker 1: Backwards like probably is a better shot whenever he's totally drunk. Why Rodney Terry's glasses do you think he'd like Do you think he thinks he looks smart with his glasses?
Speaker 2: You think he looks in the mirror with.
Speaker 1: Him and he's like this, this is a look you know, well, yes he does look stupid. But what do you think he thinks he.
Speaker 3: Thinks he's the best man on the planet.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he thinks he's got those glass He's like, he looks in the mirror, He's like, I look like a man who's gonna coach my team to a first round tournament win. And he probably won't. They might not even get to the first round. No, why is I'm looking at the women's bracket for the first time? Why is Yukon a two seed?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: How do they come up with lit teams?
Speaker 1: How do they come up with four teams that are more deserving of this, including like half of them Yukon beat.
Speaker 2: I think it's really fun that you know this much about Yukon.
Speaker 1: I was gonna Sayers place because yep, yep, yes this has been itp Another show coming here pretty soon, but for now, I'm Ryan Andrews.
Speaker 2: See you tomorrow. I'm landing fields.
Speaker 3: I'm Cam and I'm going to a foxhold of Rodney Terry.
Speaker 1: Yukon opens up as a forty six point favorite against fifteen seed Arkansas State. That feels like something Cam would bet on. Come on, Yukon. They only won by thirty nine, and I bet them to win.
Speaker 3: By Do you guys think Do you guys think if Rodney Terry saw a landmine he would purposely step on it to see if it's explosive? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you think if Laura Bush saw somebody out of stop sign she'd be like, hmm with me just a second.
Speaker 3: Here, Yeah, Laura Bush Man, this pod putting off the rails. Next, my next draft is gonna be people that have committed vehicular homicide. I'm gonna take Laura Bush, Jim Beheim and and whoever wins it the UI Olympics, which is something we discuss start chat.
Speaker 2: Did we end the show? Is it over?
Speaker 1: We're all trying to find the guy who did this?
Speaker 3: Is the show still recording?
Speaker 1: Bye?
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes it was ah Boy