Speaker 1: Time of the Chann nine weather forecast is going to be a breezy day to day. We're going to see a high of thirty two under cloudy sky seventeen for the overnight low skis will clear up. Got a partly sunny day tomorrow with a high thirty six, rain over Friday night low of thirty and then it sounds like a full day rain on Saturday because there's a floodwatch. It kicks in at four pm and for the most of the tri state all the way through Sunday afternoon. Saturday's high forty five. It's thirty one right now for about Kercy Talk station. Let's get an update on traffic.
Speaker 2: From the UC up Train Thingks Center. For more than two hundred years, the experts that you see health have been giving hard patients and chance and better outcomes. Boundless care you can trust, expect morey you see health dot com. North Bend seventy five. They cleared the wreck of Kyles. The right plane is now open again. Traffic continues heavy from Turf Way into town. You're looking at just under an extra half hour southbound seventy five slows through Walkland, Kingram On fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 1: Here, fifty five KRC de talk station. It's Thursday. I always look forward to this time and this day of the week for one reason and one reason only, and it's a good one. Welcome back to the fifty five KRS Morning Show. I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratliff. Good head back on my program.
Speaker 3: My friend, Hey, pleasant, pleasant, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, and let us I saw the late addition to the lineup this morning, Notice to Airmen.
Speaker 3: Yes, well you know it.
Speaker 4: Was I think it was two thousand November twenty twenty one. The FAA spent a tremendous amount of time and money hosting a virtual inclusive language summit. They were trying to, you know, adopt gender neutral terms within the aviation world. And the thought was notice to airmen was a bit you know, masculine, We might offend people, so we're going to change that to notice to air missions, which made no sense at all. Cock has got to be flight deck, airman got to be aviator.
Speaker 3: If they talked about the.
Speaker 4: UAVs or the unmanned aerial systems need to be uncrewded aerial system I mean, it went on and on and on, and you can't say man made. It's got to be machine made or fabricator at whatever. They spent millions of dollars throughout this. Now that Donald Trump's in office, that stuff's going away. We're going back to the terms we use for like seventy some years, which was which was perfectly fine. So, I mean, I'm sure that there are things that we need to adjust over time, but this type of stuff was just so far over over the edge.
Speaker 3: It just made no sense.
Speaker 4: And a lot of the pilots within the industry, male and female, said, why are we spending tens of millions of dollars on this program when we desperately need to upgrade the systems we've got, Please spend the money where it's needed. And certainly I think that that was the most rational approach from the men and women that are directly involved in all of this, them saying, look, spend money upgrading the systems that need to be upgraded. And when I see Musk and Trump together teaming up, I can only imagine what Elon Musk thought of when he started looking over the FAA systems of the day and recognizing so much of it was last century, given how you know, technically savvy he is, and it's obvious it's not going to work that way.
Speaker 3: So we'll see just how fast some of this stuff can start to turn around.
Speaker 1: Did did the Biden administration seek to revise the word amen?
Speaker 4: I'm sure it's in there somewhere, because you know that could be offensive to well. I could go on a religious ramp with some of my left friends.
Speaker 3: I just I can't go there. I get even more emails.
Speaker 4: I get about one hundred and sixty unread already this morning.
Speaker 3: I don't want to add to that.
Speaker 4: But it's it's it's just, you know, Brian, it's it's the common sense stuff your dad talked about for decades, You've talked about for decades. It's just it's it's what you spend your time on. And we can go after the real issues of the day, or we can manage the perception of going after issues. And it's just it's just ridiculous. But you know, but I'll tell you this, The stuff we've seen over the last two to three weeks, I never thought I would see in my life. Because I've heard every politician at every debate for presidential or Congress or Senate talk about the waste the waste, the waste, and not a single one of those buzzards did anything about it when they got in office other than contribute to it. And I had some you know, high regard for a lot of our elected officials, but they got there and got you know, neck deep in all the garbage and you know, just played ball like everybody else. So for the President to go in there and do this, because I've always been saying, look, you know, the national debt's going up a trillion dollars every hundred days. That's not sustainable. And the idea that he can come in and maybe slow that, maybe we're.
Speaker 3: Versus a bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all it's going to do is is save us.
Speaker 3: From driving over the cliff at an earlier date. And I'm really glad for that.
Speaker 1: We can only pray. But those who are listening to my conversation with Congressman Massa the other day probably had their bubble burst a little bit in that regard, because we are our own worst nightmare. And he can even point to a lot of members within the Republican Party which seeks to sustain this overspending.
Speaker 4: It's power, Brandon power, and when you take away money, you're taking away people's power. And that's why I'm praying for President Trump now more than ever, because he is going after the power of the people in d C. In ways that's never been done before. And you talk about a threat to the It was one thing to drain the swamp, round one you do with what he's doing now is I mean, you're going after the power base of everybody. And I'm telling you I love seeing it because he's doing exactly what he promised. I still tell my friends, if the election was redone today we had to redo, he would be elected by a bigger margin today than he was in November. What because I think even I think even some Democrats can say, look some of this stuff that's happening, where money's being spent. How many people in North Carolina are still sleeping in tents in the winter, and we're giving all these hundreds of millions of dollars to other countries on some of the dumbest things ever there. No, let's take care of the people that need it in California, in North Carolina and every other place. School programs. I'd love to see, you know, meals provided for our kids in school that as opposed to that money going elsewhere. So many things that have been wasteful, and I'm glad that the spickett is starting to get turned off.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. Oh, I said that word again, hang out. I do not care if I heard avia for Jay ratlip bore to talk about coming up. I hope you can stick around fifty five KRC dot com at you line. They know first Jay Ratler has he's a heart media aviation expert and he's on the Thick About Jersey morning show every Thursday at eight thirty, and I certainly appreciate him being here really quick. Ifore we get through the topics you mentioned the system upgrade, Like gee, if they had only spent all that DEI and Woke money training people how to use appropriate pronouns or whatever on a new f air traffic control system, we'd be a lot better off. My understanding is it's so antiquated they still use those big floppy disc if I recall you mentioning that bit right.
Speaker 4: There, there are some systems that do fewer than what we've had before. But yes, it's it's so old. You have to google the terms and to find parts. Ryan wants some miss up breaks, and then to find people that are qualified to replace those parts legacies because most of them retired twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so real quick here if I mean how realistically speaking, if they dedicated the money and resources toward it, how long would it take to upgrade the system?
Speaker 3: Five to six years? Easy?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, and probably billions of dollars.
Speaker 4: President Trump just has to get the ball moving in that direction, and once he does, it will not be finished by the time he leaves office.
Speaker 3: But it's needed.
Speaker 4: And when you recognize that the aviation industry is the integral part to our nation's economy, why it's only getting money that falls off the table the scraps has always bothered me, But I know why.
Speaker 3: Because it works. In the minute, excuse me.
Speaker 4: The men and women that are within the air traffic control system to a very good job of making it work, even though they're understaffed and they've got things that are so some of them have to have umbrellas in the air traffic control towers because of leaks in the roof that haven't been fund Oh my god, you've got all of these things taking place, Brian, and they find a way to make it work. So since we've not had issues the idea of well, do we have to spend money there, No, we don't have to. And it just boggles my mind because we are so far behind where we need to be, and aviation is expected to double over the next fifteen to twenty years. We can't handle what we're doing now alone for what's coming.
Speaker 1: And we are a moment in technological time away from our own individual flying health, helicopter, drone kind of devices, and that's only going to complicate matters. It's crazy, crazy.
Speaker 3: Exciting times. We just need it to be. You know, we didn't need to be safer.
Speaker 1: We definitely do because sometimes helicopters fly into airplanes. It's amazing how that was Donald Trump's fault. I mean Donald Trump's fault. Seriously, I actually heard that out loud anyhow, of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anything that has but I will I will take issue with the president when he immediately came out and said it.
Speaker 3: Was a DEI issue. Oh, I didn't agree with that at all, because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's ready ready fire aim anyhow, airlines asking the president to abandon the what is called the passenger compensation Review. What's this all about?
Speaker 3: Jay?
Speaker 4: You know you heard me's talk for years that the Biden administration went after airlines like any other administration, and I appreciated the job that the Biden administration did. It was the only thing that they did that I really liked. But they tried to hold airlines accountable. So one of the things that President Biden's administration tried to do was create a a passenger protection a bill and they were soliciting comments on it, still in the solicitation comment phase, and they're considering whether or not airlines should be required to pay us for delays now, not weather delays, but delays they create through mechanical or you know, flight cruise shortages. Whatever might have to be three hundred dollars if we're delayed for up to three hours, five hundred dollars if we're delayed up to six or maybe even seven hundred dollars if it's a nine hour delay. It's what Europe and Canada are doing as a way of trying to make customers it just protected. The airline's taking better care of them and it's working well there, and it's something that I like because it's holding airlines accountable.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Now, the Airline Lobbying Group and others have gone to the President saying, you know, maybe we should just kind of push this off to the side for now.
Speaker 3: Maybe later we can talk about this.
Speaker 4: One of the reasons airline stocks went up right after Trump was elected was because many people thought, and rightfully so, that some of this oversight, some of this pressure was going to be alleviated throttled back. You had airlines like Delta, United and others contributing a million dollars to the Trump inaugural campaign. Has did Boeing in hopes I'm sure that there would be a little bit more cooperation between the government and the airline industry. So it'll be interesting to see if Donald Trump decides to throttle back and.
Speaker 3: Kind of push this off to the side.
Speaker 4: I hope not, but it's one of the things that I said was going to happen when President Trump was elected, was that we were going to see Trump term one. There was a very good relationship between Donald Trump administration and the airline industry, where the airline industry, I don't want to say went off unchecked or without supervision. That's the wrong a picture to paint, but they weren't hell as accountable as what the Biden administration had done. And I will forever be grateful for what they've done. Pete Buota check in the first couple of years was a joke. The last couple of year, look, he was doing what he could to try to help force airlines to provide better service for the airlines, and this latest move could suggest the step back from that. Left to see what the official Trump response is going to be to the lobbying efforts by the airline industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think I'm at the ripple effect. You know, you'd get flights delayed. Of course, then that impacts the connecting flights and whether that plane is going to be able to operate on time. I mean that it just has an impact that just keeps going and going. It's like the butterfly effect almost that they have.
Speaker 4: And it is and that's a good point because some airlines have a very aggressive if everything goes perfect, this is how many flights we.
Speaker 3: Can operate in the day. Well, we know things aren't going to go perfect.
Speaker 4: So one of the reasons that Jet Blu and other airlines have been fined by the FAA for chronically or by the Department of Transportation for chronically delayed flights is because the DOT is telling the airlines. Look, you know this isn't going to operate on time. You know passengers are going to be impacted. You should not have this scheduled this way because it's next to impossible for it to go the way you have it scheduled. So as a result, we're gonna we're gonna find you how many millions of dollars to because of the fact that you were putting out a schedule and selling a schedule to the public that you can't possibly maintain. So that's what I like, because when airlines do things like that where they come out with these unrealistic schedules, Brian, it's it's not something that the traveling public can really count on as something that is going to get them to their destination without you know, some sort of a problem in between. So, you know, that's what I like from the DOT over the last few years is they were really calling the airlines out for a lot of the craft that they were trying to push and when they had these schedules that were simply just just not sustainable, they were not realistic. They were selling tickets anyways, and the administration was saying, uh, and the.
Speaker 3: Fines were minimal.
Speaker 4: You know from a monetary standpoint, and of course they're reduced if the airlines promised never to do it again, which always drives me crazy because I don't think I can do that with the irs. If I've got a problem with them, I don't think I can negotiate it down. But airlines can do it with the government, and we know they're going to do it again because they always do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it's not too much of an imposition. I'll hold you over. We can talk a little bit more when we come back from a break.
Speaker 3: Is that okay, Jack?
Speaker 4: I'd love to because tomorrow's Valentine's Day and for Delta Airlines that's a big datamorrow.
Speaker 1: Fantastic One more with Jay Ratliff Hang on to be right back fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 3: Your Hands Work Hard.
Speaker 1: One more time from the Channel nine. Weather forecasts going to be breezy, cloudy, and a high thirty two today, clearing up over night down to seventeen, a partly sunny day Tomorrow with a high thirty six, rain kicking in overnight Friday low thirty, and then a big rainy day Saturday with a floodwatch starting at four pm through Sunday afternoon for most of the tri state forty five degrees, with the high on Saturday closing out of thirty one time for final traffic Chuck from the UCL Tramfic Center.
Speaker 2: For more than two hundred years, the experts at u SEE Health have been giving hard pay since a chance at better outcomes. That's boundless care. You can trust, expect more, and you see help dot com. Northbound seventy five continues heavy Donaldson into downtown. The light times have dropped under the fifteen minute mark. Southbound seventy five continues slow in and out of Lackland. Northbound fourth seventy one have been heavy from Grand into town. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 1: A fifty fifty five KRCIT talk station Bryan tim with the Jay Ratliffe, I Heart mediaviation expert and lucky man. He married out of his element, just like I did. Smart man he is. I would like to point that out. And you mentioned Valentine's Day. That's the day that Paula accepted my proposal of marriage thirty thirty three years ago. So I'm excited it is stuck. Yes anniversary in June. The thirty three year anniversary in June. So lucky man I am. And you mentioned Valentine's Day is a special day for who is it American.
Speaker 4: Delta Delta Air Delta had a really good year last year, and on Valentine's Day every year they can, they give their employees profit sharing and they do it on Valentine's Day. So if you're flying tomorrow and your deltas employee seems to be, oh, let's say, in a really good mood, it's because Delta is giving them collectively one point four billions dollars God tomorrow, it's like four to five weeks of pay in a check as a thank you for doing a great job. Now, deltas my carrier of choice. They've let me down more than a few times, but still they're the airline that sharing and I go to anywhere in the world. We're going to Asia, Europe or anywhere in the United States. But Delta does a very good job at giving back to their employees, and it's one of the reasons that you know, they continue to lead the industry in a lot of different things. But look casts off to Delta for the job they did last year. And I cannot be more happy that the employees are getting a part of that success as they are tomorrow. So to all our Delta friends, enjoy your day tomorrow. It's gonna be a great day.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. And you know they I'm guessing they probably lead the airline industry and employee retention for that reason.
Speaker 4: Well, for a lot of a lot. I can send twenty minutes on that. They do for all the right reasons. And you know a lot of times when I see some of the going above and beyond stories it different airlines, but Delta does it as well. And when you're talking about making sure that flights are on time and that flights are completed, and from the pilots down to the mechanics, the flight attendants, the folks in the tower, maintenance control from all aspects of the operation.
Speaker 3: They do a good job.
Speaker 4: And it starts with you at Bastian's who's at the top CEO, and he does a good job. Used to work for comm Air here many years ago, and he communicates a good message. Now, they've been big on the DEI side of things over the years, they have obviously kind of tilted the other direction, but they do a good job. But you know, when they had a school shooting, they announced that, hey, we're not going to do anything more at the NRA and things. So they're obviously always looking to do things in a reactive way, which I never think is a good idea from a business standpoint, but from an operational standpoint, you know, Delta does a great job, and they do a great job here in Cincinnati. They take good care of our customers, and obviously we wish we had more Delta flights for anybody who's listening, that would be great. Yeah, but look, I'm just thrilled that tomorrow is going to be their day, and anytime sharing air flying up to or near or after Valentine's Day, I'm constantly congratulating the crews everybody that we interact with on their special day because they've earned it.
Speaker 1: They've earned it well from the idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. To the file containing information about actions do have consequences. Don't point lasers at airplanes.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and I think twenty three is last numbers. I have thirteen three and four laser strikes on the ground by these handheld powerful lasers to aircraft that were reported by the Federal ABA's administration at night. When these powerful lasers hit the ceiling of a cockpit, it can blind the flight crew temporarily during a critical moment of flight, on takeoff and landings.
Speaker 3: People do this.
Speaker 4: I don't know why, but you're putting everybody's life at risk. We've had pilots that had to retire because their eye was so damaged in the attack that they no longer can fly. Well, there was somebody outside of Kalasville, Montana. He's a thirty two year old man that was using a handheld laser and there was a flight instructor that was in a smaller aircraft assessmin and she followed him.
Speaker 3: Called the police.
Speaker 4: They were able to finally nab one of these people and he's going to jail for two and a half years and I'm sure he's going to be fined by the FAA. And I hope that this will at least serve as a small reminder. I'd like it to be a big one for anybody that is involved in this.
Speaker 3: Why it is.
Speaker 4: It's like, I don't know, it's like dropping rocks off of an interstate overpass.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're putting people's lives.
Speaker 4: At risk without the road in thought for the well being of anybody else.
Speaker 3: It just I don't know.
Speaker 4: But but again, this individual is going to jail for two and a half years, and hopefully we can catch more people that are doing this because these handheld laser attacks brand they're on their way up.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm certain they're just literally everywhere everywhere. We have one for our dog. He loves chasing it all around the park, just absolutely insane.
Speaker 4: Never has gotten uses it for a cat, and I always think it's unfair because the cats never going to catch it.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 1: Keep the busy to gives them exercise. All right, real quick, we'll end on hub delays as we always do.
Speaker 3: Jay, Well, my.
Speaker 4: Friend, we've got issues in the northeast, Boston and New York today are giving us fight Boston or New York's getting better. Boston's going to be a mess the rest of the day. And if you're flying to or through the West Coast, uh San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, big time issues there middle part of the country. Though, it's getting better and hopefully he'll stay that way at least for today.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your Valentine's Day and kiss your wife. Jay Ratliffe. Thank you for being on the Prossy Morning Show every Thursday. I'll look for to next Thursday. Already, take care, brother Hey fifty five fifty five KRC Talk Station. Dan Hills from FOP President on the reaction by the Hemilton County Commissioners blaming the police for the Nazi incident over on the bridge, Donald and Neil Americans Prosperity. Go to Buckeye Blueprint dot com. Help get the Rains Act passed here in Ohio. Dennis Neil fascinating book, The Leadership Genius of Elon Musk, most notably for business owners. Great book. Get it at fifty five KRC dot com. Have a wonderful weekend. Thank you as always Joe Strekker for the great work that you do for the morning show. Tune in tomorrow Tech Friday with Dave Otter every Friday at six thirty. Have a great day and stick around because Glenbeck's coming right up. News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: You're moving very quickly.
Speaker 1: At fifty five KRC, the talk station