Speaker 1: One thing about this gem is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family.
Speaker 3: Let's not play one on Tom.
Speaker 4: Let's wind it.
Speaker 5: I love letting these guys after the show.
Speaker 4: So just thank you, give me are.
Speaker 6: Your attention, your fire and not a pisson.
Speaker 7: This is world champion, Dodgers, world championing for a small soft time.
Speaker 6: They get up people, what they want to die to? A two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache, one of a con. This ball's gone. You ready to go? Sure, old time, go.
Speaker 7: To the su grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven and go to the show. And now your host of Dodger Talk, Tim Kakes.
Speaker 8: What an offensive explosion for the Dodgers as they beat the Washington Nationals thirteen to seven.
Speaker 6: Max mondsee have yourself a day, a grand.
Speaker 8: Slam, a three run home run, and for this second time in less than a month, he drives in seven runs in a game as the Dodgers just keep on winning. Hi, everybody, and welcome into Dodger Talk here on this Sunday afternoon. Tim case with you here until the bottom of the hour eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy. Let's line up those lines, Dodger fans eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy, if you were out at Dodgers Stadium, if you listen to the game, maybe just enjoyed it sitting back by the pool, by the water, driving around, whatever you were doing on this Sunday. Let's talk about it at eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy.
Speaker 6: Is the Dodgers have a great home stand.
Speaker 8: It doesn't get much better than going seven and three on a ten game homestand including series wins against the Giants and the Padres, two teams in your rearview mirror here in the National League West standings, and then taking care of business against the Washington Nationals today.
Speaker 6: It was sort of a slope.
Speaker 8: Build for the Dodgers offensively, as the Dodgers could not figure out Mike Soroka the first five innings, just one base runner getting on base, and finally the six Dalton Rushings ground rule double to lead off the six kind of took the top off the lid, so to speak, and the offense got going after that. Max Munsey's Grand Slam off left handed reliever Jose Ferre really got the Dodgers going. They explode for seven more and the seven to two more in the eighth and go on to win thirteen to seven. Show Hey Otani, Max Munsey, the two of them had offensive explosions today. As Max Munsey drives in seven, shoe Aotani drives in five. They account for twelve of the thirteen Dodger runs that were driven in today. And shoey Otani also got his second start in a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 6: And if you listen to the game, you'll watch the game. You were at the game.
Speaker 8: I'm curious your thoughts on shoey Otani in his second start eight six six, nine eighty seven two. Certainly in my mind, a different maybe approach, different mindset for show Heyo Tani. Monday night was the first time back. Monday Night was him amped up, adrenaline, sold out Dodger Stadium, all the attention for twenty four hours leading into that start, the padres on top of it, the rivalry there of course, and Show Hey just getting back on the mound for the first time since the end of the twenty twenty three season. There's a lot going into his mind. There's a lot of adrenaline going through those veins. That's why we saw him hit ninety eight ninety nine one hundred miles an hour with his fastball on Monday night.
Speaker 6: In a little bit of.
Speaker 8: A control issue in those twenty some odd pitches that he threw today Sunday afternoon game the Washington Nationals, you don't necessarily have the height that you did in the Monday night start against the San Diego Padres. A chance for him to settle in, I felt a chance for him to, Yeah, still be a little anxious coming back again. He's coming back from his second arm injury, extensive time he missed coming back from this elbow surgery again and start number two an inning pitched eighteen pitches total, twelve strikes. The only pitch he didn't have command of was the split finger. He bounced one of them for a wild pitch. He probably should have gotten out of that first inning with way less than eighteen pitches. His first at bat that he faced, the first batter cj Abrams grounded out in the first pitch, a forcing fastball, one pitch, one out. Then James Wood comes up and on the fifth pitch from James Wood. O'tani gets him on a sweeper to hit a pop up in the middle of the infield, and that ball has to be caught. It's an air on Mookie Betts for dropping a pop up in the middle of the infield.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 8: The sun's out at the bright day. Rick Monday talks about it all the time, how hard it is with the blue sky to see the baseball.
Speaker 6: It is tough. It's not easy to just look it up.
Speaker 8: The ball comes and falls in your mid If we're that easy, everybody can do it. But Mookie drops the ball. Garcia Junior comes up, strikes out, but it takes five more pitches to do that. Then he strikes out Nathaniel Low on seven pitches at twelve additional pitches. It took after what should have been the second out of that first inning. Would we have seen him for a second inning if the pitch count was even lower than the eighteen pitches he threw in the first inning.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Didn't really get an answer out of that postgame from either Dave Roberts or show Heyo Tani, so we don't know if he was just going to go the one inning. No matter if it was a seven pitch inning or twenty seven pitch inning, or it turned out to be an eighteen.
Speaker 6: Pitch inning for show Heyo Tani.
Speaker 8: It got extended because of the dropped pop fly in the middle of the infil for Mookie Betts. But I loved how he buckled down there and got Garcia on fire pitchers with the sweeper to strike out, got him to chase, and then with Nathaniel Low up there, got him on a cutter to swing and miss on a ball low in the strike zone. He didn't have the command for the split finger, which is fine. That's a feel pitch. And how many times have we seen Yamamoto not have that or Sosaki not have that pitch.
Speaker 6: If you got the.
Speaker 8: Splitter going, look out, you're gonna have one of those games as the starting pitcher. If you don't have the command, okay, it's all right. You got more pitches in your arsenal. If you just don't have it, you're just not gonna go back to it. And I'm pretty sure I'm looking at the pitch count here at the eighteen pitches, we only saw the split finger.
Speaker 6: One is that it?
Speaker 8: Oh twice we saw two split fingers, had those eighteen pitches, went back to the fastball, the sweeper, and the cutter, and he was dialed in on those three other pitches.
Speaker 6: Ninety eight mile an.
Speaker 8: Hour fastball, he got would to pop up on the sweeper, got Garcia Junior to strikeout on the sweeper.
Speaker 6: I thought he pitched really well.
Speaker 8: Different scenarios probably today, more of a reg season feel for show Hey Otani. Monday night, you had the Padres the start of that series. The first time seeing the Padres in twenty twenty five, you had to return to show Hey, first time pitching at Dodger uniform, sold out crowd, twenty four hour. Notice a lot of pomp and circumstance, the quietness of his top of the first inning when he's pitching out there. Didn't have his command necessarily in that first start on Monday Night. Completely different, as I said here on Sunday. Not a sellout crowd Sunday afternoon game. It's the Washington Nationals. More of that regular season feel, which is great to get back into the routine of things. But we saw him just for the one inning and if you hear him in the postgame show and then Dave Roberts alluded to as well, this is a slow build for show, hey Otani, and I'm okay with that, colin Ee and I Happy birthday to colin Ee. By the way, we were looking at the schedule on the wall here in the studio and kind of looking.
Speaker 6: At the plan. All right, how many.
Speaker 8: More weeks until the All Star break? You know, if he's pitching once a week show Aotani? Is that two more starts?
Speaker 6: Okay? Post All Star break? What is it about?
Speaker 8: Ten weeks roughly? You know, two and a half months right September August, that's eight weeks roughly. Let's call it two weeks here the back in the July. That's ten more starts. But he's making one start a week. He's got twelve weeks in essence left in the season, Okay, so let's call it twelve starts left. You have to break down then those twelve starts the rest of the way, with a week of All Star break in between.
Speaker 6: So two starts? Is he going one inning next time?
Speaker 8: Then two innings and then the All Star break and then two innings of post All Star break and a slow build. I don't know the exact plan. I think only show Hey Otani in the inner circle know that plan, but I'm all for it. I'm all for the.
Speaker 6: Fact that he is.
Speaker 8: Looking at September and October is when he wants to be peaking at his top performance as a pitcher. And I also think he realizes he's got to get back into being a two way play shape.
Speaker 6: Pitching and hitting takes a taxing on you.
Speaker 8: You don't get a day off, I mean, the only days off, showy Otani's gonna get our scheduled days off when the Dodgers aren't playing games and traveling, So that's something also to keep a mind for show Ayotani. Overall, though today I thought it was a good one inning more down to earth regular season outing for show Hey. Didn't have all the pomp and circumstance of the padres in Town, which felt like a playoff atmosphere, and there's nothing wrong with that, and that was cool for show Hey to be a part of because he be honest, he didn't really pitching a lot of meaningful games in October games what he is with Anaheim, so kind of cool to see that on Monday. But today back into regular season mode, pitching against the Washington Nationals, and I thought he did really well. And to see him turn into that designated hitter and hit a basis clearing triple in the seventh and then muscle out a two run home run thanks to fan reaching over and dropping the ball.
Speaker 6: By the way. Fan, if you're a list if you're listening, got to catch that ball. Got to catch that ball. It's right there.
Speaker 8: I mean it was a little kid. I thought it was an adult that got it. A little kid. Okay, all right, I'll okay. It was a little kid that was crying on TV calling yasies have a birthday. Call him, all right, I give him the benefit of the doubt. The small child drop the ball, Okay, all right, I'm not gonna be too mad about that. I thought it was the grown up that missed the fly ball. Nonetheless, it's a home run for shoe a Otani, his twenty sixth of the season. He now leads the National League in the home runs. A great home stand. I can't say it enough Dodger fans. This stretch that they went on against all those teams above five hundred, what we talked about, and then this home stand that featured the Giants for the first time the Padres for the first time, and then having to turn around get up after the emotions of those two series against the Washington Nationals to win all three series and come close to sweeping two of those three series. They got beat up by the the Nationals last night, but had a chance to sweep the Padres, and I had a chance to sweep the Giants. This is a really good home stand which you picked up some ground in the Division two. You picked up a couple of games on the Giants and Padres in the NL West, and now you go to Colorado and you go to Kansas City. And for this Colorado series, who I'm not gonna say it's a big series, but I think it's an important series for this Dodgers team to keep the momentum, to keep the edge, so to speak, out there as they're playing against a really bad Rockies team, one of the worst teams, if not the worst, yes, record wise, the worst in all of baseball, the Chicago White Sox sniffing around again as the worst team in the American League. The Rockies the worst team overall in baseball, but playing better as of late. The last thing you want to do is go into Colorado and have a letdown. Sure, it's a three game series, it's the end of June. But you can't have the let down series. You just can't. You got to go in and win every series. The Dodgers now have won what four straight series? I believe they're taking care of business as they should be. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. All right, let's get out to the phones. Let's go to Robin Santa Karina. Start things off here on postgame Dodge Talk. Dodgers beat up on the Nationals thirteen to seven to day.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Rob? You doing?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 9: I Uh, it's a great game today, you know, good step for show. Hey uh, Dodger offense showed up this whole KEYK pitching thing. You know, he's cute and fun the first couple of times we saw it, uh last season, and you know, Key K would sell beers for this team if they asked him to. But at this point it's got to be embarrassing for him. You know, don't we have a back end of a bullpen that might need a little bit of work. We have an off day tomorrow. There was no reason for that today. You know, I actually ran into Rick Monday on the way out of the club level walking into the parking lot.
Speaker 2: Conversation he brought up.
Speaker 9: He said, you know what, I'm tired of this TK thing. We need to dump it.
Speaker 3: And I said, go free with it.
Speaker 9: So you know, and Rick probably mentioned that on his telecast. But look, if Rick says it's time to dump it, I'm with Rick, let's dump it. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Colinie and I have a birthday colony Colinie, and we're talking I we're talking about this as it happened, and I think we have the same sentiment.
Speaker 6: I get it. It's a blowout game on a.
Speaker 8: Sunday afternoon, it's thirteen to three, and the Novelty I believe has war off. It's fun to see a position player pitch.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 8: It's fun when you're winning and blowing out a team to see a position player pitch, and guys go up there and take their hacks and maybe pop out, or you have some fun because you strike out a player on a thirty five mile an hour knuckleball or whatever.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's fun.
Speaker 8: We've seen it now five times this season with Key k Herz, the novelty has kind of worn off, and quite frankly, I would have liked to have seen this game just been finished off by whether it's Lee Trevino or anybody else in the Dodgers' bullpen. Okay, Trevino through eighteen pitches, you don't want him to throw an extra ten to twenty maybe in the ninth inning, so he's not available for Colorado.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 8: You're looking at Colorado in mind thinking I gotta have my bullpen fresh, I gotta have my bullpen ready to go for three games.
Speaker 6: That's where bullpens go to die is Coors Field. It just happens.
Speaker 8: And then post Colorado, you gotta go to Kansas City, and there's the whole letdown of leaving the Mile High City and going to the next city. That's real, folks, that happens anytime a team goes to Colorado.
Speaker 6: You keep that in mind. I get it.
Speaker 8: But ninth inning, thirteen to three game, it's just let's let's get out of Dodge, let's just go home. Let's get this thing over with. Keep Trevino out there. If you're gonna go to Vesia to get some work in great, Let's get three outs, let's go home, let's go to Disneyland.
Speaker 6: If you're calling you for your birthday, and let's call it a day.
Speaker 8: But instead it's a long ninth inning that takes another twenty minutes and we're watching Key k Hernandez out there, not get calls for strikes, not get the national players to chase. I mean, it's one thing that the national players are chasing and are also trying to get out of there really fast. But it was a bad combination. Key k couldn't throw strikes. They weren't chasing. So you have a walk, a double, a walk, a single, a sackfly, a walk.
Speaker 6: It just wasn't working today, folks. It wasn't.
Speaker 8: It wasn't what it was supposed to be fun in games, and then ninth inning it was anything but that. For Key k Hernandez, you can see it on his face before Alex Vesi had to come in and get the final two outs of the game, which included a RBI single four runs given up by keyk a Hernandez. Officially, I get it. There's a time and place for it. You don't want to wear out your bullpen. I understand all that I do. But thirteen to three, your team erupted for offense late in the game. Let's get three outs and go home. Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy Will in Long Beaches next up here on Dodger Talk, will welcome.
Speaker 6: How you doing this afternoon?
Speaker 10: Hey, I'm doing really good. Hey, you know what?
Speaker 3: I really want to talk about much.
Speaker 11: But now that you brought that up, you know, during the TV the guy said that it would be better off to just you know, call the game and just leave, because it seems like they give the team a chance to get back into the game.
Speaker 3: It happened against the Giants.
Speaker 4: I don't like you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's worn off. It's fun.
Speaker 8: At first, it was cool to see, Oh, a position player pitching.
Speaker 6: Will oh, this is kind of fun. Yeah.
Speaker 8: To me, it's kind of worn off. And it's not that it's time to go to a different position player. Go out there, take care of business, give the reliever and opportunity to go out there and get three out. You got a bullpen, you got arms you're gonna go to again. Keeping Colorado in mind, I would have liked to have seen just the bullpen come out in a regular arm get those final three outs. What do you want to say about Max Munsey will because man, what a performance he put on today at the plate.
Speaker 10: Oh, I called that I was watching it, I was video taping it, and then my wife called me out because right now I'm videotaping all the Monsey and comforto because they're not doing too well, you know.
Speaker 11: So I was like, man, he's gonna hit a Grand Slam team back damn hit the Grand Slam.
Speaker 6: Yes, hey, Just to let you go with one.
Speaker 11: Last question that I had to, I was gonna ask you was dang. I just gonna ask you a question too, I forgot. Well, thanks a lot for having me on Man.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, great to hear from you.
Speaker 8: Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy Ish and Riverside. Next up on Dodger Talk as the Dodgers take care of the Washington Nationals thirteen to seven.
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 12: Ish Hey?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 12: Kim Man?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 3: I was also gonna call about Monsey and show hey too, but like I wanted to get him this conversation with Dik it like I don't know, it seems like when he was just like going from second base, for example, over to the mound like it seemed like he was more effective, like he was having fun. But today they also showed him on the TV like he was over in the bullpeg getting strategy and like more work than you know. But it just I don't know. I'm with everybody on that.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 3: I think it's time to just get some uh some service time for relievers. But big, big, big shot out to Max Munsey. You know, he's always been a big supporter to the you know, local Hispanic community. So Max, well done, dude, Congratulations, keep it going, keep those home runs going. Last thing, if I may just answer your question about show hate, Yeah, I thought he did super awesome.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: That first pitch was I think Abrams you say, like one out or one pitch out, you know, I mean that was super awesome. So a question for you is what do you like about this? This this battery? Uh made the combination with him in Russian? All right, man, you guys take care of all right.
Speaker 8: Thanks, Ish appreciate the phone call during the first inning. I don't know if you caught it calling E and I happy birthday calling.
Speaker 6: We caught it.
Speaker 8: As it was happening, and I text some people and they said I don't think it's happening, but shoey O'tani was calling some of his pitches and we find out afterwards we're gonna hear from Dalton Russian coming up in a few minutes after the break. But shoey Otani I went back and looked at at it and there was a post I reposted it on Twitter. And there he goes right there doing it again as we watched the replay on Sports in La on his left bicep area almost between your bicep and your tricep.
Speaker 6: I wish I knew the exact name of that.
Speaker 8: But he has the pitch com underneath his Dodger sleeve and with his right arm he is punching in the keypad and with his glove he's putting his hand over his ear. Now what he's doing is he's calling the pitches. And now I don't think he called all of them, but for a lot of them. You see him touching his left let's call it bicep, and he's also making sure he's on the right pitch. And here he is one to two count against Wood. He's pushing the buttons on his left bicep, listening with his glove over his ear to make sure he pushed the right buttons. I looked it up on x and I then reposted it a video from twenty twenty three in which I think it was. ESPN Sports Center said, here he is calling his own pitches with the PitchCom device underneath the sleeve. He was doing the exact same thing today, So I don't know if it was because Dalton Rushing, per se was the catcher. I don't think it mattered. Shoeyotani is in control of what he wants to do. Whether it's how many pitches he throws when he starts, all that is up to Shoeyotani.
Speaker 6: He makes the decision. He is the guy.
Speaker 8: So Shoeyotani has Will Smith behind the plate or if he has Dalton Rushing behind the plate, I don't think it would have mattered today. I don't think it's a slap in the face to Dalon Rushing. I don't because well, Will's not catching. I don't trust Dalton.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 8: I think it's showhy in control, knows what he wants to pitch. He's the guy in on the mount, in control of the game, and he's dictating what he throws. So I think that's sort of what we saw today from Shoho Tani, and I don't remember it on Monday night, But then again, we were so dialed into just him being on the mound. I don't remember looking that closely at what he was doing in between pitches. As we watch again, Yeah, he goes and punches in the code on an one pitch to is that Josh, Oh, that's Luis Garcia Junior in the first inning. We're watching the replay now, so yeah, he's calling a lot of the pitches. And again we'll see if that's the case moving forward, and we'll see if that's the case whether it's Will Smith or Dalton rushing behind the plate eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy as a phone number. We'll take a break, we'll come back. We'll get to more calls. We'll hear from Dalt rushing as well, Hose Motive. We'll check in a lot to get into here the tight window as we celebrate Colin Yee's birthday here on postgame Dodger Talk, saying happy birthday to Colin Yee when you call in, shout him out on the air, as well. Hardest working guy here in sports radio here every single day, even though he's wearing a beach boy sweatshirt.
Speaker 6: We still love calling you. Dodgers. Get the win. They're loving it. Thirteen to seven.
Speaker 8: Over the Washington National Turn on the m FI seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 12: Up AM five seventy LA Sports Be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all of those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: We're streaming online.
Speaker 12: We stream every game too.
Speaker 6: Come find it.
Speaker 12: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Two M two of the count to stretch by Ferrari kicks fires and Max.
Speaker 9: Wings trails want deep left center failed this Paul heading back to the wall.
Speaker 12: This ball is done.
Speaker 6: HiT's a grown slam.
Speaker 12: Maxwell swing in the silver Hammer flips.
Speaker 10: The store, AMMA, Dodgers now lead it four to three.
Speaker 2: That's the first Grand Slam hit by a Dodger this season.
Speaker 12: Number seven of his career from Max Munsey.
Speaker 8: Max Munsey with the grand Slam in the six, then a three run home run in the seventh for the second time. In less than a month, he drives in seven runs. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run Forecast, but am five seventy la sports dot Com keyword for your home run chance his home run to win fifty dollars Daniel Jewler's gift guard just by predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream showy Otani drives in five max months. He drives in seven. Dodgers come back and beat the Nationals thirteen to seven.
Speaker 12: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we check in with Jose Mota after a Dodgers win twenty ninth comeback win of the season. Jose and it all started with sho Hey Otani, a shutout inning of work, eighteen pitches. We noticed it and talked about it, calling his pitches on the PitchCom on his left bicep something he did in Anaheim with the Angel.
Speaker 6: What did you make of his second outing today?
Speaker 2: Jose much better command wise, pays on the mound, not Yankee pitches, so obvious. He's not thrown across his body as much, and the upper body is We know a show is all about rhythm ballanced imposter, and it applies to his hitting, and it applies to his pitching. And the first time out, as he mentioned, all the circumstances and the padres and a playoff atmosphere and everything. I mean, he was out tough. There's no doubt I didn't you know, I told that. I said this last night, so I said, if we don't see a hundred today, it really doesn't bother me. I just want to see better armslung consistency, repeating the mechanics. And the firstbee was back. You know that sweeper he throws up eighty three, eighty four miles an hour. It gets it gets guys out. His fastball and he was around his own. So you know, Mooki's era cost him another what seven pitches overall, but it does happen. He was able to bounce back and keep a very encouraged team, energetic team off the board in that first inning.
Speaker 8: They're pretty tight lipped about the plan for show, he Tani Jose, but I got a imagine, and I looked at the calendar and looking at maybe twelve more starts with twelve weeks left in the season, with the All Star break, they're looking September October to where he should be peaking. Right, This isn't about ramping them up to five inning seventy five pitches just to go into the All Star break or just to get to October.
Speaker 6: For August first, they're looking at the back half, right.
Speaker 4: You're exactly right.
Speaker 2: As much as progression Tozy, well, he on he went thirty three pitches in the sim game, and then he went twenty had in a regular game and eighteen today. Why not more because the plan is exactly that. There's no need to rush him considering that you know, Glasses on his way back. And pretty soon we'll see more guys get into their rotation and just have a plan because you know the dog days are coming.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I mean it's tougher to pitch, it's tougher to with in lineups August September. Obviously, the doctors always think there's an extra month of the season in which everybody loves and you prepare for. But there's reason to think that Shoe has accepted the plan, even though he kind of speed up the plant himself because he's like, I want to be making these pitches of a regular game. Because the rotations depleted, can help somebody out, can maybe save an inning out of the bullpen, and here we are. But the plan is there. He believes in, he's bought into it, and I mean the Dave will Vary too, is not going to be once a week. He's gonna pick on Sunday. So depending how everything goes and how it bounces back everything his touching field, bullpens and all that kind of stuff. But he certainly throw the ball well today and that's exactly what we wanted to see.
Speaker 8: Come on, as the kids say, Jose, I'm old enough to remember when Dodger fans were upset with Max Munsey two months ago for his slow start to the season. And Max Munsey now twice in the last month has had games where he drives in seven Max Monsey hitting over three hundred in his last two weeks driving in runs. The power is back. Max Mounsey is back, Ose.
Speaker 2: Max Munsey is back, and Max Mounsey I've always said this has been a part of a culture that have created here for years and he's a key part in what happened last year and the year before and all those things that go along with it with it. Though we have to be tolerant and they have to be patients because he is very streaky about I think now we're going to see a different Max Mounsky from here on, because I should say from you know, a month ago on. Now he's seen them all better. And now you think about he's not walking as much, but he's making better contact. He's driving the balls to every part of the field. He take today, he's a grand slam foreer comes in. He saw him last night. I had a better idea as to what the ball was doing when it was approaching him, and he just missed the foul ball through our left in the booth. And I'm like, if he can sat on top of that pitch, he's going to drive a long ways and for rare than the thing was going to catch up. And he makes it not adjustment and gets right to it. But you can question everything you want about Max Munsky. There's some things that he have defensively, he needs to get better, but there's something that he's so such an integral part of that culture that he created that you just don't want to mess with that chemistry. And he's showing you why he is a guy that got to run from Lee.
Speaker 8: Belue for Hernandez. I think, for the fifth time this year, I'm out and pitch in relief in a blowout situation. I said it earlier. I kind of feel the novelty is worn off. I understand why you do it leading into a series against Colorado in Denver and even the bullpen to be fresh. But today just kind of thought, like one of those days, let's get three outs and get out of here.
Speaker 2: The overall position player thing I'm not a big fan of and never have been ever, and I just gets it's a necessary thing now because when one guy does it or every team doesn't, I think some some.
Speaker 6: It's the truth.
Speaker 2: I mean, go back and look at Hunter, Alberto. How many times did you pitch? I mean, and then you have got Albert Poole's pitch and Rizzo pitch and you Malina Fistel. Something will be done because to me, my main concern is way too dangerous. You know, you have batting touches pitcher right, he throws with the screen line, you get hit exactly position player you exposed him to so much. I understand again, is not is one team? Is every team that goes through this. Certainly, I just don't want to see anybody's career end, because you know a position player's throwing and it's just the way you know, bupens are being man right now. But if I don't see k again on my own the rest of my life, I'll be just fine.
Speaker 6: I'm with you, say we appreciate it. What's that going with you in a couple of days?
Speaker 4: You got it? My friend?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 6: There he goes Jose Moda eighty six six nine seven. Don is in the city of industry with the deepest pipes in sports soccer radio. How you doing, Don?
Speaker 4: Dave say, let's wish Colin a happy birthday and watch them blow out the candles. Boy, we blew out the candles on the Nationalist Today. Man, good for Matt Max. What what a difference a pair of glasses makes?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 4: I mean I'm astigmatic. You know. I've been wearing glasses since I was a kid. Compacts the whole thing. So good for Max. He's getting back on track and show. Hey, what can you say, Dodger fans? We need to just relax, let him take his time, get in shape, and enjoy them while we got him. Because nothing lasts forever, but someday we'll be looking back telling our grandkids, Yeah I saw soho hey or Tarni when he was at his best, Like, oh, it's going to be beautiful. So let's just take our time. Like what did the man say?
Speaker 3: Relax?
Speaker 4: Let's just relax, all right?
Speaker 6: Don great to hear from you.
Speaker 8: Mark in locking YadA is next up here on Dodger Talk after Dodgers thirteen to seven win with Tim k How you doing there, Mark.
Speaker 5: Ah Kim, it's actually Matt Sorry, no big deal, no problem, no hey, you know, I just wanted to talk real fast on the home stand. You know, I think a week ago, which would have been father's dad, I think they came in tied with the giants and the padres were knocking on the door. And then you take seven out of ten on the stand. And what's crazy is that two of those losses were by Yamamoto. And I don't think anybody probably had that on the bingo card, that two of those losses would have been by Yoshi. So I think it was a phenomenal Homestand what I like is that you make a great point about Colorado cannot go in there and lay an A you have to hope that they're like, Okay, all the bats wake up, Tayo Ahead, stays hot, shoe Hey stays hot, Mookie gets going, and maybe even Conforda could get going. But I'm not going to bang on Conflorida because that's all everybody does on this show. But you know, I think Colorado Kansas City. Then I think they played the White Sox and they could end up having a really nice June and extending the lead and real quick. I agree with everything you're saying on Otani, Blasz, noow is coming back and the main goal is Otani, Yoshi, Glasnow and Snell in October and let's go to war. I appreciate it, Tim, you do a great job on everything pregame this stuff. Just thank you for taking a call. I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Hey, Matt, I appreciate the night with words man, thank you so much. Thanks for checking in here. I think you hit it on the head. As far as the importance of this home stand and the fact that this Dodgers team now clicking, getting some separation in the division, and the injuries to this pitching staff have been a problem. They've overcome it for the most part, and we're starting to see the trickle effective arms coming back. Tyler Glass now looks like will be that next Dodger starter in line to come back into this rotation. And you're right, I don't think guy had Yamamoto making two starts on this homestand and two of the losses on this homestand being when he starts, I did not have those on the bingo card. As you said, Dalton Rushing today got to start behind the plate, he got to catch show hey Otani. Dalton Rushing also two for two with the double two walks, scored three times, had himself a nice day at the plate and behind.
Speaker 6: Let's hear what we had to say postgame.
Speaker 13: First question obviously catching Otani, what was that like? And what did his stuff look like?
Speaker 6: Look good?
Speaker 14: Everything was obviously explosive. Villa was good throwing breaking balls, sweepers on the zone, allowed us to get ahead and put guys away.
Speaker 13: What's it like to be the guy that's calling the pitches for him? What's the game planning going through and him going along with your game plan? It's good we were on the same page.
Speaker 14: She actually called some of his own pitches, so but essentially we were on the same page before the game and to see him have success, obviously, that's a good sign.
Speaker 13: Dalton. To get on base four times, it feels like you're starting to get into some sort of normalcy with this new role. How much more comfortable do you feel at the plate with getting adjusted to playing behind Will.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think it was just the game of baseball, came out, had a good day at the plate, and I don't think it was anything really different that I've done the last few times. Like you said, maybe I'm getting a little more comfortable in the role. But yeah, good results today and allowed us to capitalize on top of some hits, walks and Max having a big day driving in some runs.
Speaker 9: With the biggest adjustment you've had to make, just like big league pitching and being up here and kind of seeing how guys throw you over the.
Speaker 14: Last month, Yeah, it's understanding their attack plan, understanding what they're trying to do. And I had a pretty good understanding after my first four or five starts, And yeah, I made a couple of adjustments, and like I said, feel good right now, ride the wave and continue to play good baseball fun.
Speaker 13: You're just a little bit worse than the things of those just be tea and I've talked about different.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's just respecting, respecting all pitches, not just going up there and ambushing, not going up there and expecting everybody to be a two pitch guy. Guys are gonna throw three or four pitches and you're expected as a hitter to be able to handle all four.
Speaker 8: All right, there's Dalton rushing post game two for two, a couple of walks, scored three runs. Dodgers beat the Washington Nationals thirteen to seven. Blake in Denver, Thanks for being patient, Blake. Welcome to Dodger Talk. How are you doing well.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go watch the DoD Is playing Kansas City and in Milwaukee and Kensdy and Dan Vine Milwaukee and what a big game it was from Shyo Tani and Max Muncy and yeah, there's a biggest game ever. I'm a big dodge of who's.
Speaker 8: Your favorite player, Blake? Who's your favorite Dodger player right now?
Speaker 6: On this team? Who's your favorite right now?
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 8: That's a good one. That's a good one. Now, do you like the pitcher or Showtani the.
Speaker 6: Batter better.
Speaker 1: The battle?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well we'll see what he can do on the mound as he moves forward. Blake today the one inning, he looked really good. And they're going to Kansas City next weekend, so you're gonna see him in.
Speaker 1: Denver, yep, Denver, in Milwaukee, Kansas City and Milwaukee.
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 8: Have you been to a game in Kansas City before? At Royal Citium there?
Speaker 1: Now I'm trying them, I'm trying to catch Mark off MLB.
Speaker 6: Whoa Blake?
Speaker 8: How many state do you know offhand? How many stadiums you have been to already?
Speaker 1: Fifteen?
Speaker 6: Are you kidding me? You've been How old are you? Blake?
Speaker 8: You're fourteen and you've been to fifteen of the major league stadiums already, and you're gonna check off a box coming up here with can't now have you've been to Milwaukee?
Speaker 6: Will that be another one you check off your box?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Wow?
Speaker 6: Are you kid?
Speaker 8: You're gonna be up to seventeen stadiums by the time you go see the Dodgers play in Milwaukee and Kansas City.
Speaker 6: That is really cool, Blake.
Speaker 8: I don't I've never been to fifteen stadiums in Major League base I think I've been to like five.
Speaker 6: Good for you, yeah.
Speaker 8: Awesome, Blake, Will you have a great rest of your Sunday afternoon. Dodgers got the win, show, Hey, Otani got the start, and who knows, maybe you'll see him pitch next weekend in Kansas City.
Speaker 6: We'll find out. Thanks a lot, Blake, Ye, all right, see you later, Blake in Denver. How about that?
Speaker 8: Fourteen years old, he's been to fifteen stadiums already, and he's gonna go to Kansas City to see the Dodgers playing a set again, and then he's gonna go see them play the Milwaukee Brewers later on and check off two more boxes as far as.
Speaker 6: Stadiums he's gone to. That is cool.
Speaker 8: That is a great summer for Blake, having to go uh see and getting to go see more baseball across the country Isabelle and Anaheim. Our final call is he what's going on?
Speaker 15: Say nothing? Hey, I'm one glad they won't leave their homeschain seven three. I have a seven three against three and seven, so and well I'll take a happy birthday callin so, Hey, looks good today. I know we're don't want nay, but hey, if the gods you want him play when, I'm all for it. I don't want to watch him. I agree with you. I hate producing player. I've been hating him Plasticapan year, but this year they've been buggy. And then we'll read me every time key Cakes go out, you'll get hurt. I don't want handle any prosessing page get hurt. And then with the great Savings the candy, I hate Sandy's.
Speaker 8: A lot of hate coming from you, is he on this Sunday. Great to hear from you, as he os always big. Make sure be impatient and we'll talk to you on off night Dodger Talk tomorrow. Dodgers get the win today over the Washington Nationals, and she kind of hit something that I'm glad she pointed out. Is he you don't want to see anybody get hurt with a position player on the mound, and it's not just hurting his arm. You don't want to see him get hit by a line drive. You don't want to see anybody out there getting hit. And what in essence is a blowout situation, whether you're losing or you're winning, in that blowout game, you just don't want see anybody get hurt. That's why I bring up the fact that today, of all days, kind of just felt like Let's get a reliever out there, get the final three outs of the ninth, Let's get out of dodge.
Speaker 6: Let's get In off.
Speaker 8: This homestand on a winning note and hit the road tomorrow and then go to Colorado for a three game series against the Rockies. As it is, he gives a four runs in the ninth, Dodgers with a ten run lead get the win as they hang on for a thirteen to seven victory over the Washington Nationals.
Speaker 6: That's gonna do it for Dodger Talk. Sorry, Brad Paisley didn't have time today. Maybe next time. Happy birthday to Colin Yee.
Speaker 8: If you want to follow Colin on X on Twitter, it's so simple. At Colin Yee ten co O l I N y e E ten at Colin ye ten on X.
Speaker 6: Give him a follow, wish him a happy birthday.
Speaker 8: And thank him for everything he does, because he does a lot here on m FI seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 6: Thanks for all you for being a part of the show.
Speaker 8: Big win for the Dodgers as they wrap up this ten game homestand with the victory over the Nationals take two to three from Washington. They go seven to three on this homestand they remain a top of the division in the nl WES. And now it's off to Denver beginning on Tuesday with the Rockies. All have off night Dodger Talk beginning tomorrow night at seven o'clock until ten.
Speaker 6: Have a great safe rest of your Sunday afternoon. Sollo everybody, and