Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 2: Who good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, keee.
Speaker 3: Ride Riel.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Oh good morning, everybody, wakey waking, hands off Snaky got a wild card Wednesday for you today. Looking for some fresh fish, some brand new players in the fresh out of bad head to head Challenge, Goat Doing Goat things yesterday getting back into the Hall of Fame. Let's start from scratch six twenty. We'll play the game Brian Reagan announced on this show. I think on Monday we announced that show. He's gonna be here on December fourth at the Bay You Music Center. Tickets go on sale Friday. We'll get you in on the fun fact flashback Hit the Post. I asked you, guys, what game you want to play. Many of you said you wanted to play Hit the Post or you wanted to hear Hit the Post. We'll play that game at seven twenty this morning. I got Pierced the Veiled tickets for you at eight twenty. Saint Vincent tickets at nine ten Summer of Loud Tour. That's the Eye Prevail, Bear Tooth Kill, Switching Gate Show. We'll give you those tickets on no the show. We need someone to play read my lips tomorrow. That application is on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com, as well as a few spots to get into our golf tournament. So we got to talk about all that stuff today on the show. I see nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today. Claudy's guy's high of eighty five. Good morning, Alex. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: While Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey delivered a record breaking twenty five hour and five minute speech on the Senate Floyd that finally wrapped up late last night. Beginning around seven pm on Monday, Booker spoke to protest President Donald Trump's policies, surpassing the previous record set by Senator Strom Thurmond in nineteen fifty seven. While it wasn't a filibuster, it was aimed at delaying specific legislation and highlighted concerns over the Trump administration's actions. The Senate Chamber plauded as Booker broke the record, with Minority Leader Chuck Schumer praising his dedication. Wisconsin voters elected Susan Crawford, a liberal judge from Dane County to the state Supreme Court yesterday, maintaining the court's forty three liberal majority. Crawford defeated conservative candidate Brad Schimmel, a former Republican state attorney general and county judge, and was elected to.
Speaker 2: A ten year term.
Speaker 4: The judaical contest became the most expensive in US history, with over ninety million dollars spent by candidates, state parties, and outside groups. Elon Musk's political action committees contributed more than twenty five million dollars to Shimmel's campaign. Can money Buy happiness an age old question that now A new national poll has asked more than one thousand people twenty intangible things and had people say whether or not they thought money could buy that stuff to a great extent, some extent, or not at all.
Speaker 2: But our audience does think money can buy you happiness.
Speaker 4: I one hundred percent degree on rich people say it can't.
Speaker 2: On the X fifty three percent of our audience early on said money can buy overall happiness. Thirty three percent say no, thirteen percent say not sure. And then there's like a bunch like you said, there's a bunch of he's different, like they get very very specific on things that money can and cannot buy.
Speaker 4: So they're saying money can buy the top things. May say money can buy our social status. I was eighty six percent. Of people said that political influence was eighty five percent, fun is eighty five percent, Career success was at seventy eight percent, and good health was at seventy five percent. Rounding at the top ten was physical attractiveness, legal immunity, personal fulfillment, happiness was ninth, and then a longer life was the tenth one.
Speaker 2: No money can buy some of that stuff.
Speaker 5: I think it sure can.
Speaker 2: Take our question. Take our poll question on the X today at Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 4: Legendary actor Val Kilmer passed away yesterday. His daughter told The New York Times that he died of pneumonia. He was sixty five years old. Kilmer was known for his roles in iconic movies like Top Gun, Top Gun, Maverick, Tombstone, True Romance, Heat The Doors, and Batman Forever. In twenty fourteen, Kilmer was diagnosed with throat cancer and had a procedure on his trachead that damaged his vocal cords to the point where he had extreme difficulty speaking and had to use an electric vae box. He beat it and was cancer free for years, but unfortunately forced to deal with ongoing medical treatments throughout his later years. Kilmer stepped away from Hollywood in the two thousands to explore other interests and spend time with his family, but did return for Top Gun Maverick in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Tom Cruise did him a huge solid by bringing him back. Did you watch the documentary? Val?
Speaker 5: I saw parts of it.
Speaker 2: I didn't see the whole God damn. It was good, so good.
Speaker 5: Rest in peace to Val Kilmer.
Speaker 2: Amazon Prime still has Bell Kilmer's documentary You Can. I'm sure that a lot of people be watching that. Today.
Speaker 4: Jack Black has released a new song called I Feel Alive for the upcoming a Minecraft Movie soundtrack with the help of an all star band. The ensemble includes Dave Groll on drums, Mark Ronson on bass, and Roger Manning on synthesizer. It's not the first time that fans have heard the song. Black premiered I Feel Live on Twitch last month, and Minecraft Movie premieres nationwide on Friday.
Speaker 2: And this is what it is turning up we look for games. It's good. It's no peaches now, but it's fun but it rocks. Yeah, all right, let's going on in sports, Well.
Speaker 4: The Astros fellow the Giants last night three to one. They're now two and three to start the season. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Giants this afternoon. Bramber Valdez ave on the mount for this show is going up against San Francisco's Landing Rough.
Speaker 5: First pitch is at three ten.
Speaker 4: And you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In basketball, Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight to host the Jazz at the Toyota Center. Tip off for that's at seven thirty and you can hear it on our sister station, News Radio seven forty kt H.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Nothing gets to be going like this dangerous on Rocks in the morning. Let me tell you, I mean, we're playing it for sad reasons, but we're celebrating the great Val Kilmore. All right, let's go, first phone call. Let's start out this show the right way. If you want in on the first phone call, seven one three, The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four five the Bus, Stone Tuble, Pilot's Wicked Garden. Four hours of Pain underway. Okay, I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Six oh seven. We dealing with a few things here, as we always are in the quote unquote news studios. I don't see us on Facebook or any video component of the show. I see a bunch of I see a bunch of things happening on the screen over here. That means Chili's working on something. Chili, can you hear me? I can't see you either, which is always not good. Oh, there you are, I hear you.
Speaker 6: Good morning Roding, Good morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Family, Good morning Chili. You dealing with a few things today?
Speaker 6: Yes, apparently technical issues on the equipment, not us, the equipment.
Speaker 5: So that's why I can't gets.
Speaker 2: Here's this fun thing about this studio that we're in, and I try to, you know, try to keep my chin up, try to keep it light, tight and bright. There is a piece of equipment that needs to be restarted. It's behind a locked door. We don't and we don't have access to the locked door. Like there, we don't. We don't. They don't want us in there. But I'm like, Okay, two things need to happen. Either get Chili the code for that door, or take that piece of equipment out of that room, run the wires and put it into Chili's room so that you know, he could restart it when it needs to be restarted. I hate calling it like, Okay, congratulations to Bob Stroop. He is retired. He's done, Boom. You've heard me talk about engineer Bob for years. Tom's kind of here now, you know it used to be Bob and Tom. Now Tom's the guy, and I don't want to wake him up for this, but like, just give us the code or let you in that room, Chili. I also, you know what I said, it's not far off the door, I said, put in a doggy door, so so just his arm.
Speaker 6: Did you hear me?
Speaker 2: Did you hear me? Ask Tom this? Yeah, put it in a doggy door so that just he can reach it. He could just put his arm through the door and then restart that one thing in the rack. He can reach it from the door.
Speaker 5: I'd be too expensive to need do his dog a day for sea.
Speaker 2: Just give him the damn code.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, life, state of I was what a state of the Art studio.
Speaker 5: You didn't know where you stand?
Speaker 2: A chill chillia, my correct? Do we still need someone? Have you picked anybody for read my lips tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Actually I haven't even looked, but I only saw one person since we had the last one that came in. So I need people. Just go in there and submit, apply and make sure that you can be here in the studio tomorrow, like for an hour or so, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and you like people getting here around seven thirty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, seven thirty seven forty, you know, depending on traffic. You know, I'm not asaw him as they're here for the game ready to go, So make sure that you I can make it, don't you know? I hate to pick somebody and then they're not being able to make it when I could have picked somebody else, I could.
Speaker 2: Have need you hear about seven thirty tomorrow. We'll get you out of here before nine o'clock. Come in here. And who's playing? Alex is playing tomorrow? I believe so, Jillian? Oh okay, yeah, you lost last week? How can I how can I forget? Oh?
Speaker 6: That takes a grand better answer my DMS? Then, And if I'm playing all right?
Speaker 2: Very good? I see some phone phone calls. Here, I see some phones are ringing.
Speaker 7: It's now time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: I think it says Louise here, good morning, Good morning, is it Louise, Yes, sir, well good morning. I'm doing great. How are you today?
Speaker 8: I'm blessed.
Speaker 9: I'm blessed.
Speaker 10: I woke up.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say the same. I'm going to say the same this morning. Well, thank you. How are you gonna get a started this morning? Good to have you on.
Speaker 9: I'm just starting going to go see my grandkids.
Speaker 2: I have sixteen grand kicks.
Speaker 9: I'm on my way to see my my the youngest.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. Did you just tell me you have sixteen grandkids?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: Holy cow, how many kids does that come from? How many kids produce sixteen? Wow, it's a lot, that's a lot.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, yes, there's no way you know my birthday Sunday.
Speaker 2: There's no way you know all their names, like when when you see them, you know everybody's name.
Speaker 9: Of course, I'm only fifty seven. I still got my mind.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I mean you can keep them all, you can keep track, Okay, be honest, Louise, you got sixteen grandkids, and I'm not going to make you run through the batting lineup. But what I am going to ask do you know every single one of their birthdays?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: I do names and birthdays.
Speaker 9: You got down and my kids and my kid's birthday.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's awesome. At fifty seven, it's got a softball game.
Speaker 12: If she takes me, her name is Gabby.
Speaker 7: She's got a game two days.
Speaker 2: So are you? Are you going to the game?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 8: I get off for work.
Speaker 6: I do nursing for a living.
Speaker 9: I'll do home health services. So I get off for work at I four thirty, just to make sure I.
Speaker 2: Go to all the games. This is awesome. This is awesome. Do you do you have a recent picture of you and all the kids, all the grand kids?
Speaker 9: Oh, yes, sir, I do.
Speaker 2: Would you share that with us? I'd love to see it.
Speaker 6: Ken.
Speaker 9: If you can't send me, where do I send you the picture?
Speaker 2: You can email me Rod at the buzz dot com. We'd love to see a picture of you and all those kids.
Speaker 9: I will sending you a picture of all of us when we're playing sports kickball, soft ball though, which one you wanted to send you?
Speaker 2: But I will anyone. Yeah, whatever you got, Louise, that would be awesome. I'm sure everybody would enjoy seeing that today. Thanks for getting the started today. So good to hear from you. Yeah, so, thank you so much, and i'd best you have.
Speaker 6: A good day man.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, Louise. That's so great. I was gonna make a run through the whole batting lineup, but I think she's pretty solid. I think she knows them all. Let me take a short break. When we come back, we got a reck check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of.
Speaker 12: Bed Houston, Houston's Alternative and Helm of the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Bus.
Speaker 2: Yeah we rock in Alternative, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Wakey, Wakey, hands off the snaky let's go man. We got stuff to do today. We're gonna be very very busy this morning. I hope you guys are ready to entertain us this morning. And what I mean by that is we're gonna play hit the Post at seven twenty. You become the DJ, and you show us how it's done to win some great concert tickets. Ten percent chance of rain Cloudy Sky's today pies him around eighty five. Well, what's trending over there, Alex p Well.
Speaker 5: Val Kilmer is trending.
Speaker 4: The iconic actor passed away at the age of sixty five yesterday from pneumonia, and everybody has been out pouring with uh, with well wishes for worth, uh rest in pieces for him and yeah, it's real sad.
Speaker 2: I had a chance to interview him back in the day and uh, and I told him that, you know, Doc Holliday and Tombstone. I said that was my favorite role of yours. He said that was my favorite role too, So that was cool. I mean, Batman, the Doors, I was the price. I thought he was gonna say the Doors because he got to sing in that movie. That was him singing. I didn't know that. Yeah, yeah, he could sing his ass off. So yeah, real talented guy.
Speaker 4: But people are remembering Valcolmer today. Some of them did not die. Was Dennis Rodman. Uh, he had to shut down rumors that he did die yesterday. It was kind of like an April Fool's Day hoax. That always there's always like one person every year. I feel like they gets, hey they died, rip this person. But Dennis hro was like, no, I'm not dead.
Speaker 5: I think he's in North Korea hanging out with Kim Jong un.
Speaker 2: Well, the vel killer thing came down on the overnight. I imagine somebody was awake when that came across the wires and people probably.
Speaker 4: Thought it was yeah, so yeah, I would have I think so too. I just didn't believe anything I saw yesterday. But I saw the Dennis Rodman thing happening, and then I saw that he did Kevin and He's like, no, I'm live. Well, please stop thinking I'm dead. And then Jason Kelsey is training. The former NFL star and his wife Kylie welcome their fourth daughter yesterday. Her name is Finley, And that's what's trending on nying by the buzz.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody, this is Josh the Scoat. You're fresh out of bed hit the head. Hall of Fame member number four for twenty twenty five. That's lucky number thirteen in the Hall of Fame for me. Don't worry. I'll be waiting every morning listening to you guys, waiting for that game till the.
Speaker 2: End of the year.
Speaker 1: As I'll get back in the Tournament of championss you plan on winning it all for a third time. Beaches all right.
Speaker 2: Well need some fresh fish, some brand new players, maybe you've never played before. That'd be cool. I think what's funny is those of you that could have called but didn't want to because the goat was doing his thing. You can call two now seven one three two one two five nine four five. We'll play right after Lincoln Park here on ninety four to five the bus. All right, Lincoln Park, ninety four or five to the bus. Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Wildcard Wednesday edition. Guys have been crushing it on our website. Started strong with that MILF on Monday, record numbers for that. The Tattooesday feature yesterday was huge. I can only imagine Chili's got something great for you in store on Wildcard Wednesday. As a matter of fact, I see Chili right now? Does that mean everybody sees you? I see you, Hey, Chili to what's up? You got everything squared away?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Thank you engineer Tom. He got in there and started working on it and back on ig Facebook, No Facebook and YouTube.
Speaker 2: Hey Ryan Show, Facebook and YouTube at Rod Ryan's Show. You can see us now here we go, Hi, everybody there, We go Hi, Hi, that's good. Okay, thank you Chili. Okay. The video component of the show is there. I got two players that say they want to play this silly little game we play.
Speaker 4: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 2: Listeners, to your corners, all right, to your corners, say hi to Josh this morning. Hello Josh, Hey, good morning, good morning, one of our Josh's. We got them all, We got all the Josh's. We love every one of you. Chili tells me that you've never played this game. No, I try to get through, but this is my first time finally getting through, Broa. It's great having you on a nice piece of fish. You sound like a nice piece of fish, Josh. Good to have you with us. You're taking on Dean Dean the Dancing Machine. Welcome back, Dean, good morning, good morning. When was the last time you played with us? Last fucked over? How'd you do? I got one question right? That was it still stinks in here? From that? It's still stinks from Dean Dean the Dancing Machine. Do would you fix that? Please? Get there? All right? You got fresh fish that you're going up again. So this guy doesn't know you know what day it is, so you should be fine. Dean, believe me, Josh knows dat is. Don't you worry that Josh is No guys, Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Two correct answers. It's gonna get you a Rob Ryan Show t shirt and it'll change your life forever. Your wireless dreams will come true with a win. Dean, and Josh is what you're listening for. Very fresh. Josh is very fresh. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Question number one, what type of bird has the Internet been watching? In Big Bear? It is also our Dean Dean, the dancing machine, the bald eagle. It's a bald eagle we've been watching.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I showed it to my kid over the weekend. She was amazed. She's like, that's happening right now. She's like, how do they get a camera up there? I go, I don't know. Daddy doesn't know these answers. This is somebody put a camera in there. Yeah, the Internet has been watching those bald eagles and Big Bear. It's also our national bird. Josh, I didn't hear from you at all. Yeah, I didn't know that question. Yeah, probably one that but yeah, that's okay. That's why we ended it at You know, Jill's been doing a great job with these questions if you haven't been paying attention to some of the things we've been talking about. She also said it's also our national bird, so that brought it around to everyone. Great job Jill and your husband on these questions. There we go, Josh, looking to hear from you, Dean Dean dancing machine. He sounds warmed up, that's for sure. Question number two, who is the original author of the play Romeo and Juliet Josh Shakespeare. Welcome to the game. It's correct answer. I wasn't sure about, Josh. I'm still not sure about Josh. But that was good. We got a game here.
Speaker 1: For the win.
Speaker 2: Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What do you call a person that flies a plane? Josh Fresh, Josh pilot, Yes, yes, Dean Dean the dancing machine. This guy's never played before. What are you doing?
Speaker 13: I was dancing too much?
Speaker 14: Too much dancing. It's funny, all right, Dean. Good to have you on bro thirty days. Hey Fresh, Josh, way to go, Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's a win. That's a that's a rod Ryan Show T shirt. I said that it'll change your life. It could. I'm gonna invite you to play tomorrow, come back and win more prizes and fortune than fame. You want to join us tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 15: All right, don't good?
Speaker 2: It does sound good. It does sound good. All right, fresh, Josh, great job today, Hang on the rod Ryan Show. On the Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Hi, everybody. I don't have his speech ready, can I? Alex? Yes, I'm gonna try this.
Speaker 5: Try and ed on the flies pre crazy no no no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: No no no, because his phone I got Josh here, but his phone.
Speaker 5: Was Yeah, it was getting a little scrambling.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I couldn't hear him. His phone was dropping out. I am editing his speech right now, and I know there's going to be a five radio Okay, hey, good morning everybody. Ninety four or five the Buzz. That was jelly roll and uh, this is our new champion. I have no idea what this thing's going to sound like, a fresh out of bed head to head chant edge. Here's your current champion. Oh god, wish what's the best, Good morning everyone. This is former Fish French Josh, Former French Josh.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're here.
Speaker 13: No, no, I'll think so now.
Speaker 16: You're fresh out of bed head to head one day champion going me.
Speaker 2: On Thursday when I make you a win number two bitches right in the middle of his head, right in the middle. While he was recording, his phone was completely dropping out. I'm like, bro, what are you doing? Did you go under a tunnel or what happened? Maybe He's like, no, I didn't do anything. Wait did you switch over to something? He's like no, I didn't do anything. So all right, I'll go I'll clean that up for tomorrow. But there you go. We got this guy fresh Josh. When I told him he had to do a victory space, he went, oh no, I said, oh yes. I said, oh yes, you don't worry. I'll walk you through all of that all right. I'm not going to leave you hanging. He's going to join us tomorrow. Interesting to see what's going to happen with this guy. Chili says he needs people to sign up. We need you down here for read my lips, Read my lips tomorrow taking on the Chile. If you want if you say, if you tell me that you can be here at around seven thirty tomorrow, we'll get you out of here before nine. You can play Fresh out of Bed, or you could play read my Lips tomorrow on the show with us ten percent chance of rain today, twenty percent chance of rain tonight, cloudy skies hide today of around eighty five. Let's go. It's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart, Bud? Is this the back to the day? Good morning? Hell? I was having some trouble over here. Carew. Yeah, you know, we got it to I giggled a little bit. That was kind of funny. We got it done. We got the victory speech there. You know it's Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. So did you know it was peanut Butter and Jelly Day? I did not until I just started reading your stuff over here. Yeah, it's on the food blog page today. And then I got that funny peanut butter and jelly song for everybody. But I mean, that's factual and it's fun. But I brought us some other stuff for you. You go today. Hurricanes spin counterclockwise in the northern Hemisphere and clockwise in the southern hemisphere because of a phenomenon called the coralorous effects. Yeah, that corealis effect. You've heard of this? I have.
Speaker 5: I could not have explained it to you, but I've heard that word.
Speaker 2: So smart. Wow, from a big brain on Alex. Check out that big brain on Alex. How about this? We call actors parts roles because in the seventeenth century in France they'd get their scripts on rolls of paper. Got a roll for you, they would hand them a roll with their lines. Coriolis effect, corealis effect. Thank you. The term gypsy? Can you still call somebody a gypsy? If you don't want to get punched in their face? You shouldn't, Okay, I don't want to get punched in the face. The term gypsy was created because people thought they were from Egypt. They weren't. They were actually from northern India. Everywhere. The gypsy's egypt from Buffalo Egyptian? Is how to copy a gypsy? How to copy from? Is she's Egyptian? She's Egyptian? Is she a gypsy?
Speaker 4: It's like the Native American Indian thing where it's like they're not really from.
Speaker 2: Maybe so, yeah, maybe you're right on that.
Speaker 5: It's the funk that to the day. Come on, we make you look smart and funny, your buddies.
Speaker 13: It's the funk that to the day.
Speaker 2: Okay, Ryan Reagan, December fourth, buy you Music Center. Tickets to the Funny Man will go on sale Friday at ten a m. We got tickets right now.
Speaker 10: Though.
Speaker 2: It's your flashing back to yesterday, some good ones yesterday. I got a couple to choose from here. This company started as a mail order business that sold pencils and postcards. This company is still around, and oh we have one here in Houston. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know the flashbacks. Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. There's the Captain Cash guy right there, right here.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 2: This guy was talking about what a turn the first quarter was. It was in Houston's headlines the other day. First quarter stunk turn. I hear you all the time. Let's turn this baby around. Can we turn this baby around? Please? It's been better? Yeah, okay, good for you, Astray. The market was mixed.
Speaker 10: The Dow was down eleven points to forty one nine eighty nine, NASDAC up one hundred and fifty to seventeen thousand and four forty nine bench Marten Year Treasury that's trading at a four point one four percent in oil, stands at seventy dollars seventy seven cents of barrel to the most actives, the big studs, Nike, Microsoft and Navidia.
Speaker 2: They does Jane J. Murk and am Jen on the economic calendar.
Speaker 10: This morning, we'll get numbers on factory orders for February right now, futures on the downside.
Speaker 2: Come home, turn this baby around. Yeah, that's it. I'm out here.
Speaker 10: This is Howland managed to director with Raem James porter for The Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: From Ray James on, Sam Fleet and Augusta. Never forget the ways Rock? How will you stock out?
Speaker 17: Famian's expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision.
Speaker 12: We'll continue.
Speaker 17: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is are educational and informational serposes onists are based on the movement.
Speaker 2: Ninety four to five Bus, Good Morning, Rod Riding Show, Come on, good morning, good morning. Hello. Who's this? Here's David. Hey David, welcome to the fun Fact Flashback. Thank you. This company started as a mail order business that sold pencils and postcards. They certainly much different now that's time place that has the world famous Swedish reball though. I Q you there you go. Yeah, I hear wow, they've come along. We'll come a long way. That's a huge transition, man, Yeah, it is. Congratulations David. I'm gonna give you some tickets to go see Brian Reagan December fourth by You Music Center. Everyone else has to buy their tickets Friday at ten am, but you're in before they go on sale. All right, Yes, Sair, I appreciate you. Sari, thank you very much. Thank you for being a part of Home rowm man. Thank you, David. Have a great day. Alex is working on those Houston's headlines. We'll have it for you after Incubus pardon me, ninety four to five, The Mess, ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show. Hi, everybody, can you can see us? I can't see you. You can see us on Facebook, you can see us on our YouTube channel. We are back up and running and the video component of the show is there.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for checking us out. Love you guys at Rod Ryan's show, Facebook and YouTube. See if we look as silly as we sound. We do ten percent chance of rain. Claudie Sky's highs up around eighty five, twenty perc. It's rain tonight with mostly cloudy skys. But yeah, the hiabeighty five today. I'll take that. We're gonna play Hit the Post next hour. Right now. I got Alex Swift Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: Senator Corey Booker of New Jersey delivered a record breaking twenty five hour and five minute speech on the Senate Floyd that finally wrapped up last night. Beginning around seven pm on Monday, Booker spoke to protest President Donald Trump's policy, surpassing the previous record set by Senator strom Thurmond in nineteen fifty seven. While it wasn't a filibuster, it was aimed at delaying specific les legislation and highlighted concerns over the Trump administration's actions. The Senate Chamber applauded as Booker broke the record, with Minority Leader Chuck Schumer praising his dedication. Federal prosecutors have announced their intention to seek the death penalty against Luigi Mangioni, who is accused of murdering United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson. Attorny General Pambondi says this decision aligns with President Donald Trump's commitment to reinstating federal execus custians. Mangioni, a twenty six year old Ivy League graduate from a prominent Maryland family, allegedly shot Thompson on December fourth outside of Manhattan Hotel. He was apprehended after a five day manhunt and faces both federal and state charges, including murder with a firearm, which could result in capital punishment. Mangioni's defense attorney has criticized the pursuit of the death penalty as barbaric and plans to challenge the admissibility of certain evidence in what.
Speaker 2: He did was barbaric for God's sakes. Yeah, that's a weird thing to say, Hey, we can't do that to him. Wow, murder him back? Wow if he allegedly did this, Oh, I don't know what. That whole story infuriates me.
Speaker 5: Still, did you fall for any April Fools pranks yesterday?
Speaker 4: Well, a bunch of brands tried to get in on the pranks this year, and here are some of the top ones. Olli Pop announced four fake hidden Valley Ranch flavored SODA's. Yahoo advertised to touch grass keyboard with grass growing out of the keys.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 4: Dude wipes and Manscape to put out an ad for an electric shaver for your butt. The website Glasses USA showed off an entire outfit that was just meant for cleaning glasses, just like an entire fit for your glasses.
Speaker 2: Dude, back up, the electric shaver for your butt's not real?
Speaker 13: Not real?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Josh Sellers advertised wine stained furniture. The lingerie brand. Journelle posted about mood matching Lingerie. Cardi B posted a raising Cane's skin moisturizer. It turns out that's not true. I would have got at though. That's pretty six sounding. And then Reese's advertised chocolate bread, which I would have purchased. Chocolate bread Reese's chocolate bread.
Speaker 2: Rock, Oh my god, that sounds delicious.
Speaker 5: But yeah, if you got got by any of them, know that those are fake.
Speaker 2: Okay. We have a full lineup of all of these and links to them. You can see all the different funny things that happened yesterday. Chili's got a link up on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page.
Speaker 4: The John Wicks spin off ball Arena hits theaters next month, but it won't be the end of the franchise. There are apparently a lot more things in the works, including John and yes, Keanu Reeves is back, even though he quote or spoiler alert excuse me, supposedly died at the end of.
Speaker 2: John Wick four. Oh okay, I hadn't seen that one.
Speaker 5: He will also be in Ballerina.
Speaker 4: In addition to chapter five, there will also be an animated prequel film and spin off movie featuring Kine, the Blind Assassin played by Donnie Yen in Chapter four. Sony Pictures kicked off the annual CinemaCon convention and trade show in Las Vegas by touting their upcoming biopics told from this perspective of each member of the Beatles. At their presentation, the studio confirmed and brought out the long rumored leads.
Speaker 2: For each movie.
Speaker 4: So Paul Muscal mescal is going to play Paul McCartney. He's from Gladiator too.
Speaker 2: He's like the main guy in the new Gladiator. Yes, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Joseph Quinn also in Gladiator two, but you will most likely know him as Eddie Munson from Stranger Things.
Speaker 2: Oh that's his name, yes, okay, yeah, I call him Eddie Munson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 2: Who's he playing?
Speaker 4: Joseph who he's gonna play? George Harrison Joseph Quinn will okay? And then Barry Keyogan is going to play Ringo Starr.
Speaker 2: I remember him from Saltburn Saltburn and he was dating Sabrina Carpenter and then they.
Speaker 4: Just broke up. And now maybe, uh, what's his face? Glenn Powell might be dating.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, but yeah, so Keyogan's got kind of that rat face. He's gonna play Ringo.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, he's British or he's Irish, I think, okay, and then European.
Speaker 2: Who's left?
Speaker 4: Harris Dickinson is going to play John Lennon. Harris Dickinson played one of the von Erick brothers in Ironclaw.
Speaker 2: They got some pretty big names in there, so there.
Speaker 4: Were leasing names you would recognize, just reading maybe, but when you see him, you're like, oh, that guys from that.
Speaker 2: So four separate movies, four separate movies. So yeah.
Speaker 4: Director Sam Mendez says that all the films are gonna premiere in April of twenty twenty eight, and he's calling it they're all coming out the same time, and he's calling it the first bingeable theatrical experience. So what you're going to get is you're going to have people they're just like, that's my weekend. I'm going to the theater. I'm going to see this one, then I'm gonna see this one. Then I'm gonna see this one, then I'm gonna see this one.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna go John, Paul, George, and Ringo in that ordering the money they make.
Speaker 4: No, I see Ringo, then I would see George, then I would see John, then I would see Paul.
Speaker 2: There's gonna I mean, I want to see all of them. But if you're you know, not everybody can go to the movie. What are you gonna go see John? Ringo? No, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: He's the heart and soul of Beatles. There's no Yellow Submarine without Ringo. I don't understand why people don't get this.
Speaker 2: He might be right.
Speaker 5: Those just sent headlines all right.
Speaker 2: If you want to see what these guys look like, that's on the music blog page today.
Speaker 5: Rio gets no love.
Speaker 2: And then of course people are freaking out. They don't like the casting, right, But just when.
Speaker 4: You look at what these people have done, they're great act.
Speaker 2: People were outraged when they announced that Bell kilmer Rip was going to be playing Jim Morrison in the Doors and then Ra and I wasn't. I didn't see it at first either, and then he nailed it. So trust the process, trusts that they know what they're doing over there. What do you got in sports?
Speaker 4: Well, the Astros found of the Giants last night three to one. They're now two and three to start the season. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Giants is afternoon. Framer Valve doesn't be on the mound for the shows going up against San Francisco's Land and Roupe first pitches at three ten. You can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety and Basketball rockets to be back in action tonight to host the Jazz at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 5: They come into this one is seventeen and a half point.
Speaker 4: Favorites because the Jazz Are Bad tip off was at seven thirty and you can hear that one over on our other sister station, News Radio seven forty kt RH.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in.
Speaker 13: Sports, The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten.
Speaker 2: AM ninety four five, The Buzz, Evanescence and going under Alex. You had a brand new evansn song recently in the music segment on Houston's Headlines. I want to say it was associated with The.
Speaker 4: Devil May Cry as a video game that they're making an animated series on Netflix.
Speaker 2: For Okay, I was gonna say because it seemed like it was a cartoon that was going to be on televison. But you're saying it's adapted from a video game. Yes, brand new song. The music blog page we have that I think it was on Monday because it was all that new music. We were getting bombarded with all kinds of new stuff music blog page. Sometimes you gotta scroll down a little bit. I know that was something that you were featuring, but there's always some cool, interesting stories if you just keep scrolling down just a little bit. I get it. Everyone's looking at the wildcard Wednesday today and the Looking at Girls blog page and the food blog page. If you're excited about peanut butter and jelly. I'm a late life peanut butter guy. I wasn't doing peanut butter my whole life. I'm still chubby, and I don't know how I wasn't eating peanut butter a lot of calories. But it's good, you know, like I love it now. I absolutely love peanut butter. I don't know why. I just did not eat it as a child. Cloudy Skies today, ten percent chance of rain hides up around eighty five. Chili said a couple of things here told me to tell you that we need you to sign up. If you want to come down tomorrow and play. Read my lips, and you know he's gonna pick a he's gonna pick a softball. I need a hardball to come in here and take on the Chili tomorrow. That's the thing. He's in charge of choosing who comes down to play, so you would be playing him tomorrow. We need you here at around seven point thirty. We'll get you out of here before nine. If you always thought that you maybe would be great on the radio and you could beat Chile and read my lips. You could prove that tomorrow for the world. So you sign up on Links and Guests. Also, we had a golf team come in. That means we sold one. I was told the other day by the tournament director, Roger, who also runs Texas Adaptive Aquatics. Four teams were available earlier this week we sold one. I've got three opportunities. The golf tournament going down at Wildcat is one week from today. It's a noon shotgun start, and I've got three teams available you could play in the tournament. Chile has this information on Links and Guests. I'm going to welcome a brand new sponsor, Integrity Pool Scapes. Okay, you know what, I need some stuff with my pool. I'm gonna find out exactly what these guys do. They came in as a whole sponsor, so I know that they're a great company. But that's what happens. You're a great company. You want to get your name out there. You sponsor these types of things, you get involved. Our friends over at Admiral Transfer and Rinking came in as our title sponsor. Think you do. Con cc as always got a brand new hole in one price too. How about this. One of the holes is going to feature a ten thousand dollars cash prize sponsored by the Junction Bar and Grill in Crosby, Texas. See, they're sponsoring that. So there's ways to get involved in our tournament all the way up to playing in the tournament. It's one week from today, and like I said, it's all benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics. So thank you to Integrity Pool Scapes for coming in and the Junction Bar and Grill in Crosby, Texas. You guys are obviously awesome, awesome groups of people love having new people on board with us. We're gonna let people play hit the Post this morning, Alex. Yeah, we're gonna have people hit the post for those guests like Anthem counting Crows tickets. I'll explain everything on the flip of this brake on how you play hit the Post. But yeah, I think we've got intros and game things and Jingle Blake puts some stuff together for us. Let's get all that ready.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives and the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show ninety four or five the bus. Just like the man said, it's the Rod Ryan Show. It's a wild Card Wednesday edition off and running. It's our number one link today. Ten percent chance of rain, cloudy, sky's highs them around eighty five. We are prepping getting already here in the studio. We got a little game we're gonna play coming up to win some awesome tickets. I'll tell you all about that after Alex tells us what's trending well.
Speaker 5: Wild Card Wednesday is trading.
Speaker 4: Carlyle was submitted to us by listener Josh and people checking her out at the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: She's killing today, she is all week long. The Instagram feature is just it's been bananas. Today's a great one, So thank you Josh for sending that in.
Speaker 4: Also training is Wisconsin Supreme Court election. Susan Crawford won the Supreme Court election yesterday, beating out conservative candidate Brad Schimmel and keeping Wisconsin's Supreme Court in a four to three majority.
Speaker 5: So that's what people are talking about this morning.
Speaker 2: I think the substory to that is how much money was spent?
Speaker 5: Is the most spent, the most spending ever on an election in the you have.
Speaker 2: That's insane to me, you know, and it wasn't they Elon Musk was outspent by the other side, you know, like Elon Musk I think came up with twenty five million, but the other side of the aisle they spent even more money than that. Yes, we have just the money, let's just waste it on this stuff.
Speaker 5: And TikTok is trending.
Speaker 4: Trump is hosting a meeting today about the social media app as the deadline for another band, Praus near That is what's trending on, not even.
Speaker 2: By the bus. All right, thank you? So should we call Tessa she's if she wants to do an example round? Is she up? She's probably she's probably not awake. Huh. All right, Well, you guys know we've been doing this game for for such a long time. I went leaving the show yesterday, I said, hey, man, what game do you guys want to play today? And the thing that I heard the most was the Chris Isaac game. Alix doesn't believe me. I got the receipts, but then people wanted to hear us play hit the Post. So we do have an intro for the game. But as we'll roll that, here we.
Speaker 3: Go, oh yeah, oh, then you'll be in fame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if you would like to get in on Hit the Post, you think you can be the DJ? What are we using? What do you use?
Speaker 5: Long View from green is twenty seconds?
Speaker 2: Is that too long?
Speaker 5: I think it's the right amounts I do.
Speaker 2: I think eighteen seconds is the sweet spot, but twenty you're right, you're right in there. I think it's a good song to use. It'll be Green Day's long View. So what you're gonna have to do is you're gonna have to talk up the intro of the song, not step on the lyrics. You got twenty seconds to show us how brilliant you are at DJing. I guess okay, it's a DJ term hit the Post. You don't want to step on those lyrics, but you don't want to come up short either, So you want to like try to really get it right there up until Billy Joe starts singing. If you're the winner today, gas Light Anthem, County Crows, July thirty first Smart Financial Center at sugar Land, I'll reward you handsomely. If you are the winner of today's Hit the Posts, call now seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you want to play The.
Speaker 7: Game, The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety.
Speaker 2: Four, ninety four or five, The Buzz That Shine Down, Dead Don't Die. Good morning rod Ryan Show. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. As always. That Wildcard Wednesday is really good. I had to take a second to go take a look just to see what all the hubbloo was. And there's hubbaloo around it Is it hubble alo? How do you say that? No idea? The hubbaloo?
Speaker 15: The hubble hellou hubble aloublu.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Oh I had oh Ryan, Ryan the Lion dropped out. Uh okay, I lost the chilli. Everything okay, with the phones over okay.
Speaker 6: I think it's just listeners being scared. Oh yeah, because they all sounded good and everything, So I think that's what it is. But let me go find somebody that's not scared.
Speaker 2: That's okay. If you got Anthony ready to go, we can go with the three we got here. I was gonna go with Ryan the Lion. I had a name for him and everything. All right, we're gonna play hit the post.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was probably the Lion from the Wizard of Us when No Heart.
Speaker 2: Maybe that yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah, you didn't have the courage to sit around and play Hit the Post. That's the name of the game.
Speaker 16: Oh, pore y'all yell, then y'all be drowning in fame.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I don't know how famous you're going to be, but I'm gonna bring on three of you. I got Truant, Megan and Anthony locked in and ready to play this game. It's called hit the Post. True it? Am I saying your name? Correct?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 10: Sure?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: What rhymes would true it? Not a whole lot, but talking true it? True it can do it? True it can do it? True it can do it? Dude, you want to be a DJ today on the air. Yes, okay, I want to hear you so, uh oh, I guess I got some instructions. Let's let's all listen to this together as well. Here, hang on, don't true it?
Speaker 4: You can do it.
Speaker 15: Hang on sounds like an idiot, trying not to sounds like a do to act confident.
Speaker 6: And you'll be just fine, probably be as.
Speaker 13: Your way through.
Speaker 2: Okay, true it. We all think that you can do it. The song is Green Day Long View the radio station This ninety four or five of the Buzz you're true it can do It? Are you ready to show us what you got? The intro of this song is about twenty seconds. You don't want to step on the lead singer when he starts singing. You good with this? Okay, okay?
Speaker 5: True?
Speaker 2: All right, True, here we go the DJ stylings of true It Can Do It in three two one. You're on daddy, Oh oh boy. True. I would start talking right now if I were you. Yeah, I don't know what to say. Hmm see chili prepped. You're ready to go for this game? Huh? Sun, So you didn't really know what you wanted to say there? Huh?
Speaker 5: Should have had something, chili.
Speaker 2: This is true It here. Does he know what he's doing? Uh? No, he doesn't know what he did? Did you tell him what he's doing? I you know you call?
Speaker 6: You know the game, you heard the instructions. But yes, it'll be my fault.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: True. The game is to like kind of talk like a DJ over the intro of a song. Oh god, now they're dumping guys. We've played this game before. True, hang on for me, Okay, hang on, don't go anywhere, all right, I'm gonna put you on hold. I'm gonna come back to you, dude. Maybe if you hear the other maybe, if you hear the other people, maybe you'll be down for this. All right, hang on, let's try. Megan. Megan is here. Megan. We're playing a game called Hit the Post. Are you familiar with the game? I hello, Can you hear me? Yeah? I can hear you? Now, good morning. Are you familiar with the game Hit the Post?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: I am. Okay, So, Megan, I'm going to play you the same song. It is Green Day. The song is called long View. It's twenty seconds long. You can say whatever you want. The radio station is ninety four five to buzz. I recommend like letting people know what station you're on. But other than that, it's it's you. It's it's you doing what you do. Are you ready?
Speaker 13: It's good?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yes, I hope it sounds good. I hope it sounds good. That first one was a little rough, but true. It's hanging in there though. I want to go back to him. Megan. OBI need to give her a name. Megan. Meghan Meghan bcon Meghan. Megan. Megan is Stagan, Meghan the Stagan, Meghan our She's our Stallion. Megan. Just Megan, just go with Meghan. You're ready, Meghan, Here we go, Here we go. You got twenty seconds to show us what you got, Meghan. In three two one, you're on.
Speaker 6: Good Morning Htown. It is Wednesday, seven thirty one.
Speaker 13: You're listening the bus, Janna, listen to Green Day long View.
Speaker 6: Traffic is what it is.
Speaker 13: It's your destination.
Speaker 7: Stafe and always listen to the buzz.
Speaker 2: Okay, not bad, not bad, not bad. Lets the little meat on the bone. But you know what, you came in there with a plan.
Speaker 4: I liked it.
Speaker 2: You sound inconfident so far, Megan, hang on, you're judging these right. Yes, nothing for true it yet we're going back to him. I have something for sure. Don't know. No, Noru's Truant's coming in with a clean slate. He's hanging in there. Anthony, good morning, Hey, good morning, Tony, Tony on the Tony on the Phony. You play and hit the post today, do you know what you're doing.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna try to hit that post.
Speaker 2: You try to try to hit that post, all right, all right, it's Tony on the Phony, it's Green Day, it's long View. You got twenty seconds to do your thing.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you what to say. I just want you to be you, Okay, Tony, Anthony coming down in three two one, you're on.
Speaker 8: Hey, well, good morning, this is ninety four or five the buzz. This is a green day long of you coming up for a long day ahead of us. Strap is looking decent. Let's get this day off right, keep it tight and see where it goes from there and enjoys a music.
Speaker 2: That's Anthony. Everybody left the little meat on the bone as well, left a little extra there, Hey, Anthony, Yeah, Tony on the phony, hang on the phone for me. All right, all right, okay, don't go anywhere. I don't know what's gonna happen. Are we going to go back to Truant?
Speaker 5: I guess let's see if he's let's see if he wants to do this.
Speaker 2: Let's see. I don't want to true it. Good morning, good morning, good morning. True. Could you hear Meghan our Stallion and Tony on the phony? Could you hear them?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what they did is they were pretending that they were the DJ and they had you got twenty seconds now they all laid up a little short. True, I believe in you I want you to play this game. Dude, do you want to do you want to do this?
Speaker 4: You sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, I listen. I believe in You're true it. I'm gonna give you the same song. It's Green Day, It's long View, and you got twenty seconds to show the world what you're made of. Talk talking through it. Here we go, coming down in three two one, my brother, I believe in you. You're on It's true back when ninety four. I hope everybody's having a good day. This is really or this is really by long View. Yeah, Earth, hang in there. I hope everybody's having a good day. Here we go. That was worth the price of admission right there with true I believed in your buddy. Tweet it. Let me just see who's on the phone. Okay, let me just see. This is a This is a complete wild card. They haven't gone through Chili or anything. They're going right directly on the air. Good morning, what's your name?
Speaker 9: Good morning? This is Nira Myra.
Speaker 2: Do you listen, I'm gonna bring you in. If you want to take a stab at this, would you like to play hit the post? Let's do it.
Speaker 9: I've just been a little painful. I've been hearing it.
Speaker 2: Myra, You're my wild card. Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna give you the same song. This is the last that's gonna play the game. This is it, This is Green Day long view. You got twenty seconds, Myra to show us what you got. All right, save the game? Are you ready?
Speaker 18: Let's go?
Speaker 2: Okay, Myra in three two one, you're a morning go.
Speaker 9: This is Myra coming at you live from the radio. I know it's weird a woman. That's been an absolute sausage fest in there, but you know what, I'm here. I'm real. It's a little glue me out of here. But nevertheless, have the safe drives. This is the buzz and that's this Green Day coming at you.
Speaker 2: So around whoa, Well, well, well all right with the sausage fest. Myra, Hi Alex. Uh what did you think of that round? That was?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: It was around?
Speaker 2: Oh it was it was a round.
Speaker 18: Of all the rounds we've had, that was one of them. But we haven't struggled like this before. No, Okay, listen, I just got to say true I love you.
Speaker 2: He hung in there, he took a stab at it. How old was true it? I should have asked him. Yeah, he was a young guy. You young gun true It. I'm telling you you got a future. I don't have true It as my winner.
Speaker 5: I do not either.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're gonna release true here he true It's alread. Hung up. He's got to get to school. He's missing school. He's like, listen, old man, I got to get into class. I don't have time to figure out whether or not I won these tickets or not. Anthony Tony on the Phony, but wow, just just to know, just to know a horse race. Uh, Tony on the Phony left a lot of uh space on that song. He had a lot of room to talk. Tony on the Phony is not my winner either. You got Megan and you got Myra. Who do you have as your winner?
Speaker 5: Myra? She came in there and nailed it.
Speaker 2: I got Myra too, Yeah, I got Myra. Was okay, she absolutely saved the game. Today. The wild card came in and was exactly that. Congratulations. Yeah, the Sausage Fest picked you as the winner today.
Speaker 9: I'm pro sausage, but today only.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Listen, Congratulations, I'm gonna give you tickets, Gaslight, Anthem, counting Crows. You saved our asses today. You really did.
Speaker 9: It's another day.
Speaker 7: Just another day.
Speaker 2: You got one more in you. Go ahead, I'm gonna play the song now for real. Myra, set it up for me, do your thing what you want to do, the Green Day thing over again. You got ten seconds. Tell everybody what song this is and what station it is? Go ahead, gotcha?
Speaker 9: Hello, guys, it's the winner. Yes, yes, the clam but hope you guys enjoy your day.
Speaker 2: Ninety four The Bus Yeah by reviews are in whom I shouldn't read the reviews? Well I should, Yeah, ninety four Green Day Long View. I think you all know that one I got everything from. That was the worst game you've ever played, rod to This is why we love the show. We love live radio, and we love being on this journey with you. That was the best thing I ever heard. I know you guys love when I freak out. I try not to freak out anymore. He's got a roll with it, like tru It was just you know, true was young guy?
Speaker 6: What do you think twelve?
Speaker 2: Maybe around then? Younger? I just said twelve fifteen friend on friend of Eli. Not your best game today, slaughter. The post came in from one call. Julia says, best worst game ever. You cannot Beat Live Radio. This is why I listen. I can't stop laughing. Love you guys, keep it up. Chris Rodriguez, painful, stop this for the love of God. True, blew it. Come on, Vanessa said, hit the post. Absolutely made my day today. Thank you. Yeah. Uh, we never had that kind of problem before with that game. Now, listen, that's not an easy game. Those of you that are just sitting back and not calling and not getting involved in I'm not doing it. You can't say anything. I mean you can and you are, but you know it takes a little bit. You gotta have a little bit and you to call in and do that game, to throw yourself out there in front of everybody. Trud had the seeds to do it, for sure. True it had the seeds. There's people double three four times as age that didn't have the seeds to call and he called, all right, let check say that. Thank god, Myra, thank god, I'm so glad you called by. Let's put that one on the shelf for a bit. So, oh, this was funny, Alex again, we'll not believe it. This is what we didn't get, Chris Isaac over, Yeah, that's what we got. I mean, I can't even imagine what would have happened if people were singing today.
Speaker 13: He stuns rocking alternatives.
Speaker 7: Ryan The Morning Show from six to ten AM. Ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, ninety four or five the Buzz. That's three days, Grace and never too late, Rod Ryan Show Wild Card Wednesday ten percent chance of rating today twenty percent chances. Tonight we're gonna be dealing with some cloudy skies and hies in the mid eighties. Next hour, Pierce the Veil, tickets coming your way. I'm not going to have you play a game in the eight o'clock. Can we just say caller ten? It's okay. I'm still seems like it might be easy. Yeah, we're still dealing with the fallout over here, so yeah, we'll be looking for caller ten the rest of the show. Pierce the Veil, your chance to win some tickets coming up at around eight twenty. Right now, I got Alex with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: O good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: Senator Corey Booker of New Jersey delivered a record breaking twenty five hour and five minute speech on the Senate Floyd that finally wrapped up last night. Beginning around seven PM on Monday, Booker spoke to protest President Donald Trump's policies, surpassing the previous records set by Senator strom Thurmond in nineteen fifty seven.
Speaker 5: But it wasn't a filibuster.
Speaker 4: It was aimed at delaying specific legislation and highlighted concerns over the Trump administration's actions. The Senate Chamber of Place audit as Booker broke the record, with Minority Leader Chuck Schumer praising his dedication.
Speaker 5: Wisconsin voters elected Susan.
Speaker 4: Crawford, a Liberal judge from Dane County, to the state Supreme Court yesterday, maintaining the court's four to three liberal majority. Crawford defeated conservative candidate Brad Schimmel, a former Republican state attorney general and county judge, and was elected to a ten year term. This judicial contest began became the most expensive in US history, with over ninety million dollars spent by candidates, state parties, and outside groups.
Speaker 5: Elon Musk's political action.
Speaker 4: Committees contributed more than twenty five million dollars to Shimmel's campaign.
Speaker 5: Can money Buy Happiness Well?
Speaker 4: A new national poll asked more than one thousand people twenty intangible things and had people say whether they thought the money could buy that stuff to a great extent, some extent, or not at all.
Speaker 5: Here some of the top things people thought were the most viable.
Speaker 2: Well, let me start that. Let me start with this, just because I just I was more interested. I know you can like really kind of like kind of get in and drill into this. But my question this morning is can money buy overall happiness?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: You answered yes absolutely whole question today on the ex at Rod Ryan's show. One hundred and fifty of you have taken part in this. Fifty seven percent of you say yes, money can buy happiness, twenty nine percent say no, thirteen percent of you are not sure. That for me was the most important thing. Now. Can it buy you better healthcare?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Can it buy you elections yes? Can it do other things absolutely yeah. But the happiness thing, I think, can it really buy you happiness? Yes? I have to agree with you, absolutely. I do have to agree with you. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Can I can get rid of a lot of worry from a lot of people.
Speaker 4: If you have more money, you are less stressed about certain other things.
Speaker 2: And then people are going to talk to you and they're going to come at you. Well, true happiness can't be bought like you're rich. Shut up. I understand that. I understand that. But boy, money helps, money does help. Money, money helps all those things that make you happy.
Speaker 5: A lot of frown on a jet ski.
Speaker 2: No, exactly, Okay.
Speaker 4: Social status was the number one thing people said that you could buy that. It was eighty six percent of the people in that survey. Political influence was eighty five percent. Fun came in also at eighty five percent. Then you had career success, good health, physical attractiveness, legal immunity, personal fulfillment, happiness with ninth on the list, and a longer life was number ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you can get better healthcare. You can get better care. Better men kind of go hit money and sure. All right. Sad news on the overnight. We lost Bell Kilmer, who was just one of the best. Yeah.
Speaker 4: His daughter told the New York Times that he died of pneumonia. He was just sixty five years old. Kilmer was known for his roles in iconic movies like Top Gun, Top Gun, Maverick, Tombstone, True Romance, Heat the Doors, and Batman Forever. In twenty fourteen, he was diagnosed with throat cancer and had a procedure on his trachea that damaged his vocal cords to the point where he had extreme difficulty speaking and had to use an electric voice box. He beat it and was cancer free for years, but unfortunately was forced to deal with ongoing medical treatments throughout his later years. Kilmer stepped away from Hollywood in the two thousands to explore other interests and spend time with his family, but did return for Top Gun Maverick in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Do you remember like when he was the top guy? Like he was the hottest dude? He was from bat Remember Batman? So yeah, what Val Kilmer is yours? Batman? What do you remember him most?
Speaker 5: From Top Gun and Batman?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I think most people. I mean Tombstone. He should have wanted the Academy Award for his doc Holiday was so good.
Speaker 5: I mean he will always have the gifts of Doc Hollin.
Speaker 2: But he was banging chaer. I mean, he was the He was the Hollywood's top guy for.
Speaker 5: A while before or after Sonny Bobo, after.
Speaker 2: Sonny Bo No, not Bobo, no no, no. Yeah, he got yeah he got it on share good friend.
Speaker 4: Oh Jack Black has released a new song called I Feel Alive for the upcoming up for the upcoming A Minecraft Movie soundtrack with the help of an all star band. The ensemble includes Dave Grohl on drums, Mark Ronson on bass, and Roger Manning on synthesize. It sent the first time that fans have heard the song. Black did premiere I Feel Alive live on Twitch last month. A Minecraft Movie premiere's nationwide on Friday. This is what we got from the song.
Speaker 2: He's been friends with Dave Grohl forever. Yeah, Grol did that first Tenacious D album they did. He was He was a drummer on the whole album Tribute.
Speaker 3: Found that.
Speaker 2: Such a dirty thing. And you don't know if Jack Black is he goofing? Is he trying to sing serious? He's always a goof but he can sing his ass off.
Speaker 4: When you think a school of Rock and Ned Sneebley and Jack Black's character like that guy went on to create White Lotus.
Speaker 2: He was like third place on Survivor.
Speaker 4: He's done a bunch of other stuff in Hollywood, and Jack Black just like became what Jack Black is like. That's so crazy thinking of like at the Jack Buck wasn't anybody before, right, but just seeing like when you watch those goofballs in School of Rock, you're like, if you're like in twenty years, thirty years, this is what their careers are gonna be.
Speaker 2: The first time crazy I saw Jack Black may have been Orange County. Did you ever see that.
Speaker 4: One was an electrical fire man? Well they said it started to trash me, Yeah, but it was electric.
Speaker 2: Colin Hanks, I'm burning this mother down. Colin Hanks and him were brothers, yes, And that may have been my first Jack Black. But there you look up old. He was a child actor. He was in commercials and stuff looking like Jack Black. Yeah, like looking like.
Speaker 5: Him minus the beard.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, all right, what's going on in sports?
Speaker 4: But he asked me, was felled the Giants last night three to one. They're now two and three to start the season. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Giants this afternoon. Framer Valdez will be on the mound for the Strollers going up against San Francisco's Landing Route first pitches at three ten, and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety over In basketball, dockets are gonna be back in Action tonight to take on the Jazz Toyota Center tip off that's at seven thirty, and you can hear that one on our other sister's station, news Radio seven for kh That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 13: Rock and alternative fair use to the rod.
Speaker 7: Ryan Marning Show six to ten AM. The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five Buzz Boo Fighters and my hero halfway part of the show people Dave Grohl playing drums on that new song that we just talked about with Jack Black. That's all on the music blog page. I think what's interesting is I'm more of a latent life Beatles fan. It just took me a while to come around. I don't know, I can't explain it. I just didn't grow up with it. We were in elvis household Dinah all those years, her favorite band, and I was just like, I get it. I mean, they're the greatest band of all time. I never denied that. I don't deny their importance in the cannon in the world's music, but I just kind of came into them later on. I can't wait for these movies to come out. You can see the four actors that are going to be playing the four members of the Beatles, John Paul George and Ringo. I also think that's how I always state their names in that order, John, Paul George and Ringo. I must have been just groomed over the years, because that's what people said, John, Paul George and Ringo. I do think that's the order in the movie. When you look at the box office receipts, John Paul George and Ringo, you think Ringo. I just don't see that happening John. But is Barry Keyogan? Is he the biggest actor? Did they get the biggest name to play Ringo to bring some star quality again? I don't know if everybody knows who he is. I know he's a sc.
Speaker 5: He was in Gladiator Gladder too. Yeah, so as Joe Quinn.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're all When you go look at him, you'll say, oh, I know this from somebody.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Eddie Munson is playing one of them. Eddie Munson from Stranger Things. He's playing Paul George. Yeah, one of them, one of them. It's on the music blog page. It's interesting to see because people are just reacting. They're like, how could you pick these people to play George? He's playing George. You know, I mentioned earlier on the show that when they announced that Val Kilmer was going to play Jim Morrison to the Doors, people were losing their mind, right, like, no, this is not the guy. What about the Patrick something? Patrick, the guy that was in Speed two, He was in the Lost Boys, and they actually super imposed his face on a Jim Morrison picture and everybody kind of thought that guy's going to get the gig for sure. And Vell Kilmer was brilliant as Jim Morrison and did all his own singing rip Bell Kilmer. It passed away. The announcement was made on the Overnight, so no April. Unfortunately, not on April. First joke, Yeah, Dennis Rodmans, was that one was not real? You're right. A new Diddy accuser. This is on the Crazy Criminal blog page. We haven't talked about Pee Diddy in a while. This guy is claiming that Jay Z, Beyonce, Lebron James, and Gloria as Stefan they saw at least at some level of the abuse that he was suffering at the hands of Ditty at one of these crazy freak off parties. Gloria Stephan like she's just looking the other way. People were there, people saw this stuff, and they're saying that they didn't see anything, and they're lying, and they're lying. There's there's no doubt. Look, I don't know what at what level of criminal activity was going on there. I just know that freaky stuff was happening there. And now everybody that's in all these pictures that were at all these parties, they saw some wild stuff going on that they probably should have said something like they, hey, this ain't right, but nobody told p Diddy he was at such a level that right. So of course Beyonce saw stuff that she probably should not have seen and probably should have said something. I think people saw it, but Lebron James, the first time I've ever heard his name brought up, or Glorious Stefan seems really out there. They're all denying it, obviously. So there's some celebrity stuff on the Crazy Criminal blog page. We don't always get a chance to talk about that in the morning. We don't talk a lot of celebrity on this show. We talked music though, on a show Man, Pierced the Veil and Sleeping with Sirens June twelfth, Woodland's Pavilion. I've got tickets for you on the flip of this brink. Rock and Alter.
Speaker 7: Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 2: Come all right, welcome back everybody. Maybe that was the problem with my podcast. We didn't talk like cartoons by Mber. Good morning, Wildcard Wednesday. Thanks for hanging with us. I got some tickets. I'm taking caller ten. I'm telling you right now, I might just take caller ten for the rest of my career. After it hit the post today, had great tickets coming up for you and not going to make you work too hard. Ten percent chance of rain today. Cloudy's guys hies up around eighty five wild Card Wednesday. It's our number one link. So I see that that is trending. And then I got a pull question up for you today, and we're just kind of concerned. Do you think money can buy overall happiness? Sixty two per Alex said yes. I rarely agree with Alex. I agree with him today. Sixty two present of our audience say that money can buy overall happiness. Twenty five percent say no, eleven percent aren't sure. So those are some of the things that we have that you guys are interacting with. What else is trending?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Val Kilmer continues to trend. The legendary actor passed away from pneumonia at the age of sixty five yesterday. According to his daughter, we're putting Fatcolmer tributes out all morning long.
Speaker 5: They have been, and Luigi Mangioni is trending.
Speaker 4: They are seeking the death penalty for the alleged United Healthcare CEO murderer.
Speaker 5: And uh yeah, that's what training night even by the buzz.
Speaker 2: Did you see I got this on three Things you Must See Today? Did you see the bat boy grabbing the drone at the game? Yes? Yeah, so Cubs and the A's on Monday night, there was an interruption in the game. Someone was some jackass was flying a drone onto the field and it got so low that the A's bat boy just grabbed it out of the air and put a stop to it.
Speaker 5: They're also playing in a minor league baseball park.
Speaker 2: I guess they're kind of getting ready they're moving to Vegas.
Speaker 4: Okay, They're played for three years in this Sacramento minor league ballpark. Them and the Rays are playing at minor league parks in it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Golly, all right, Are the Rays got something working? I got a they had the roof blown off in that storm.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, they're playing at George Stein Binderfield or the yankees pins spring training games.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Well, this bat boy was a real hero. I got him on Three Things you Must see Today. That's on Links and Guests, Pierce the Veil, Sleeping with Sirens. It's the I Can't Hear You Tour Beach Weather on this bill as well. June twelfth, Woodland's Pavilion tickets around sale now at ticketmaster dot com. You can win a pair for me right now, just by being caller number ten. That's it. You don't got to sing, you don't got to hit the post. You just gotta be the tenth caller. Seven one, three, two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 5: Rod Ryan Show, all Right.
Speaker 2: At Empire, Upon at Empire on the Buzz, ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show on this wild Card Wednesday, April second, Hopefully you made it through April Fool's Day, okay without being pranked and tricked and fooled. My kid tried to get me yesterday a couple of times. Yeah, you know, you got something on your head.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 2: And then I went to go check. I thought maybe I did have something in fact on my head and I didn't, and then I got April Flask. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what I mean, some some wild seven year old stuff happening at my house. That's what's in your future over there. Okay, buddy excited ten percent chance of rain cloudy sky's highs of about eighty five. You've been talking about some of the big ones that the big corporations did. Touch grass keyboard. I thought was funny. I thought that was clever. I like the phrase get outside and touch grass. I like that. I say it to the kids now, you know, if London's playing like with her little friend and they want to like watch videos, I'm like, go touch grass, touch some grass, kids. So it's the complete It's the opposite of being on a keyboard or your phone. And they came out with a touch grass. It was a keyboard that grew grass. April Fool's joke. I thought it was good, though, Was it Amazon something like that? I can't remember. We got a list. We have all of them, we have all the big ones that yesterday. I thought it was funny. I thought it was funny. So you know, when I'm here in the studio breaking Benjamin's plan, and I just I've got all my websites flagged. I want to see you know, what are we doing on Facebook? Okay, we're up to date, check in with the poll question on the X at Rod Ryan Show, we're wondering if money can buy you happiness? And then I'm like, okay, boy, rip vl Kilmer on our Instagram. You know, that's getting a lot of interaction, a lot of people talking about I mean, what a career. If you're sitting around arguing what he was best in, there really isn't one clear cut this is what he was best in. He was great in a lot of roles. The Saint I forgot about that. He was great heat. I think heat. He was in with de Niro and Pacino. Yeah, I mean, oh, but you're with de Niro and Pacino and you're holding your own with those guys, you know what I mean? And you're being talked about is you're being good around them? You know, they probably made him better. But yeah, I love the whole kind of going back and forth. I thought he was a good batman. So I'm going through all these websites and then I just you know, YouTube. I got pulled up, just you know, in case I need it for something. And then I just saw the bald eagles. It's snowing again over there in Big Bear. It's wild. Every time. Every couple of days I go and check on those damn bald eagles. I showed it to my kid the other day. She thought it was the coolest thing in the world. She's like, that's happening right now. I go, Yeah, that's a live camera cat. You couldn't believe. I said, Look at how far down that water is. I go, They're way way up high in a tree. You can see the tree in the wind moving around. I said, somebody put a camera up there. Yeah, mama's gardening those little baby bald eagles. Snow snow in Big Bear, California. It's kind of been a fun thing to keep the track of. Phone lines are ringing. We're not singing or anything, right, We're not doing anything. We're not playing funny drops, We're just can we just do call her tenth?
Speaker 5: Please just give the prize.
Speaker 2: Come on, you may be work too hard. At seven o'clock hour, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, Hi, Hi, what's your name?
Speaker 6: Rachel?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 2: Rachel, Are you kidding me right now?
Speaker 6: Are you sterious?
Speaker 2: Here's what I'm doing. I said I was looking for caller ten. That was it. That's all I could handle right now. And you are the tenth caller.
Speaker 7: My daughter is going to be so excited.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I got you're Rachel. What's your daughter's name, Emma? Okay, so I guess you and Emma are going to the show Pierce the Veil where we are Sleeping with Sirens Beach Weather. Now, who is the fan of these bands?
Speaker 7: Her? For you? She is.
Speaker 9: But I have to listen to it.
Speaker 6: I don't have to listen to it.
Speaker 9: Tim in the car, he does her Yeah, yeah, how old?
Speaker 2: How old is your daughter? She just turned sixteen in December sixteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean we were forced to listen to everyone's music growing up, you know, And I love the fact that it still happens that you're kind of getting excited about the band through osmosis through your kid. You know, my mom when it was my turn to play music in the house, I played my Kiss records. My mom knows all those songs, you know, like she knew all those songs growing up. But then she's the one that introduced me to you know, Jerry Lee Lewis and Fats Domino and Tom Jones and all of that stuff. I mean, you know, we had no you had no choice. You had to listen to everyone's music. So I think it's cool that you're going to share this with your daughter. I think it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Actually, this is so exciting.
Speaker 2: Suit.
Speaker 9: Actually, I'm probably going to call her at school. I'll probably get her in trouble just to let her know, but she won't care.
Speaker 2: Well. The show is June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion. You guys are into the show, and I be more happy for you guys. I really couldn't thank you so so much. Thank you, Rachel. That's cool. Mom points right there. That is big time momb points. Did I ever tell you about all the times that my mom called the radio station and won me cool rock tickets and for shows? Did I tell you about all those stories?
Speaker 18: He did?
Speaker 2: My mom was always calling that. Yeah, she was always called a station win US tickets. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 5: Once?
Speaker 2: Not one time? Not on you think when mom called the radio station win us stuff? No, didn't happen. Didn't happen, Alex, you're you're my meme guy. You're the guy that kind of is up on like all the memes that are going on. Are you involved in any of these get Me to God's Country memes.
Speaker 5: I've not made my own, but I've seen them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm thinking this is. I mean, no one needs to tell you what to do. You're the master at the podcasting and stuff. But give me to God's Country. God's Country. The memes are everywhere. This is, of course, Morgan Wallace in his decision to leave Saturday Night Live that he left the stage early and then he posted like a picture of his plane on the tarmac and that just said, get me to God's Country, like he wanted to get out of New York. So the internet loves this. I laugh every time there's pictures of like the restaurant Chili's. Yeah, give me to God's Country. Did you see the Arby's. There's an arby sign they're advertising a six ninety nine surf and Turf special and it just says, give me to God's Country. Someone took the time to make one for BUCkies. I mean, there's just there's just really really fun stuff. There's an old Blockbuster video store I saw. Everything is give Me to God's Country right now, Morgan walland brilliant. He's selling merchandise. Now get Me to God's Country. If he doesn't come out with a song, I know he's the guy.
Speaker 4: He's got one hundred and seven songs per album, so yeah, he's got to have one of them.
Speaker 2: He's the one we were talking about that he's got thirty some songs right per album. If he doesn't come out with something that says give me to God's Country soon, someone else is gonna jump on it. I'll jump on it.
Speaker 5: You do, I'll figure it out, dude.
Speaker 2: Get a song out there. Hit the tracks, bring on buzz. He did release a song called come Back as a Redneck. He teased the new song yesterday, which is okay, that's got to be something that he already pre recorded. If he doesn't record something get Me to God's Country, he's missing out. But he is selling merchandise. I'm telling you when we I know you, and I tend to agree with you, but this is just one of those things that's not going away. All end of the year recaps are going to include this, probably so and it's it's a nothing, but it's just the internet picked up on it now and yeah they were, and they've made it something. Every single twenty twenty five recap is going to include him walking off the stage. Yeah, every single one that will be That will be a highlight, and that will be a part of that highlight reel forever.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four, The Bus, ninety four.
Speaker 2: Five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, bad Omens, and just Pretend while cart Wednesday. Thank you so much for hanging it hanging in there with us this morning. Whole question is up on the X. We were off to a little bit of a rocky start with the with the cameras. But I don't talk about it enough. You know, you can watch everything that's going on here and you can see all the stuff that's going on live in the studio. We are on Facebook Live the video, the video is there and it's also on our YouTube channel. Got to get those YouTube numbers up. And I never talk about YouTube and everything's at rod Ryan's Show, Instagram, all that stuff. We need you to kind of maybe you haven't like interacted with us in a while, maybe you haven't looked at us on Facebook in a while. I mean we still look as silly as ever. There we are just pulled it up. Okay, yeah, some of you are checking it out. Thank you for that. I'm glad we just got the video up and running. But this is the new way that I don't know, you know, like when you're older and you make fun of the younger generation, that younger generation doesn't like it. This goes for all of them, This goes for all bouncing between boomers and Gen Z and Gen X and the millennials and everything else. But when you make fun of the older people, it seems like, well, that's okay, you're old, I can make fun of you. Yeah. It almost seems like it's wildly accepted. Gen Zers now are picking on they can tell how someone is old by your email address, apparently using emails to guess their coworkers' ages. The idea is, and think about this, if your email is just your name with no added letters or numbers, you're so old that nobody even applied for that at the time that you got that email address.
Speaker 5: I would say almost, because there was a god one, three, two, and.
Speaker 4: Like you have one hundred and seven letters humbers after it. I'm like, dude, you could have just.
Speaker 2: Made like a different name. Yeah. According to a report, gen Z, professionals are using email to guess their coworkers' ages. Not got nothing to do with what you're writing in the body of your message, not even the decision to use email in the first place. It's the actual address if it's if it's coming from a personal account. So yeah, if you've got a Gmail handle with just your name and no additional letters or numbers, you're old because you got in early, meaning that you're likely over the hill a bit. I've never heard that before. Oh, you're over the hill a bit, just a little bit over the hill, just you know what I mean, Like, there's the hill, but not too old. So instead of oh, if your domain is earthlink dot net, Yeah, there's some of them. There's an Earthlink a hot mail Every now and then I get emails from people with AOL at aol dot com.
Speaker 4: But again, like I also use the same six emails I've had forever.
Speaker 2: Kind of any of them silly names, like any of them embarrassed, embarrassing that you wouldn't want. Yeah, like.
Speaker 4: At Houston dot r R dot com email address that I have to type in stuff to get to, Like my ESPN account because I can't change it now because you can't go to that email.
Speaker 2: And you had that in college maybe like before college, before college you have.
Speaker 4: But I created my email, my ESPN account when I was in like junior high. Oh my god, all right, email just got with Oh hey, we have this one.
Speaker 2: Can't we all just get along with our ages? Please? Okay, gen Z, you're getting a little.
Speaker 13: Agro Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety five, ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, put it Away, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Wild Card Wednesday, ten percent chance of rain cloudy skuys highs up about eighty five. There's another twenty percent chance of rain tonight with mostly Cloudy's. Guys could be dealing with a little win this evening as well. Next hour, I got tickets to go see Saint Vincent Sure Summer of Loud Tour. That's the I Prevail Bear tooth Kill Switching Gage Show. I'll give you those tickets. I know the show. Before we get out of here, we're gonna announce who is going to come in and play Read my Lips? Have you signed up for Read My lips. Can you come into the studio tomorrow and play the Chile You need to sign up on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Right now, I got Alex and he's got one final time Houston's headlines. Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: Senator Corey Booker of New Jersey delivered a record breaking twenty five hours and five minutes speech on the Senate floor that finally wrapped up last night. Beginning around seven pm on Monday, Booker spoke to protest Donald Trump's policies, surpassing the previous record set by Senator strom Thurman in nineteen fifty seven. While it wasn't a philibuster, it was aimed at delaying specific legislation and highlighted concerns over the Trump administration's actions. The Senate Chamber applauded as Booker broke the record, the Minority Leader Chuck Schumer praising his dedication.
Speaker 2: How long did he talk for?
Speaker 5: Twenty five hours and five minutes?
Speaker 2: I've done it before, yeah, yeah, Well, we did that marathon for Hurricane Contrina stop though no it wasn't NonStop. We were playing music, but I was awake. But that was three days that's pretty great those three days. But yeah, so I don't know, I does anything get done when somebody's doing that, or are they doing that that they kind of don't think so are they posturing? Are they doing it?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Hey a little bit? He got his name out there. Yeah, politics is getting your name out there. That's true. That's true.
Speaker 4: Nobody's got twenty five hours straight worth of anything to say.
Speaker 5: I don't thank you, No, I didn't, no matter what it is.
Speaker 2: Ted Cruz take a stab at that. Yeah, I don't think he talked for a long time, so that was a long I just wonder, you know, Corey Booker, I don't know if the Democrats have propped up that one guy yet. I know he ran for president, but the Democrats have they kind of are they have they figured out who's going to be their guy or gal? We'll find out in the view later, oh to maybe the view. Whoopee call me.
Speaker 4: Federal prosecutors have announced their intention to seek the death penalty against Luigi Mangioni, who is accused of murdering United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson. Attorney General Pam Bondi says the decision alliance with President Donald Trump's commitment to read stating federal executions. Mangioni, a twenty six year old Ivy League graduate from a prominent Maryland family, allegedly shot Thompson on December fourth outside of a Manhattan hotel. He was apprehended after a five day man hunt and faces both federal and state charges, including murder with a firearm, which could result in capital punishment. Manchioni's defense attorney has criticized the pursuit of the death penalty as barbaric and plans to challenge the admissibility of certain evidence in court.
Speaker 2: Did you fall for any.
Speaker 4: April Fools pranks yesterday? A bunch of brands did try to get in on the pranks this year, and here are some of the top ones. Oli Pop announced a fake Hidden Valley Ranch flavored soda or of a group of them. Yahoo advertised a touch grass keyboard with grass growing out of the keys. Dude wipes some Man Skates put out in an ad for an electric shaver for your butt. The website Glasses USA showed off an entire outfit that was just meant for cleaning glasses. There was mood matching lingerie Josh Seller's advertised wine stained furniture. Cardi B posted about a raising Canes skin moisturizer and Reese's advertised chocolate bread, which I would have used.
Speaker 2: What was the toothpaste we talked about KFC? KFC, I think that turned out to be real.
Speaker 5: So not a fake April Cools.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think they just put it out there on April Fool's Day. But the Kentucky Fried Chicken flavored toothpaste is the real thing.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they made ten tubes of it, but probably can't buy it now. Sure it's sold out.
Speaker 5: I would imagine that went fast.
Speaker 2: All right, what is this music?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: This is John Wick because the spinoff Ballerina hits theaters next month, but it won't be the end of the franchise. There are apparently a lot more things in the works, including a john Wick five, and yes, Keanu Reeves.
Speaker 5: Will be back.
Speaker 4: Even though he spoiler alert, supposedly died at the end of john Wick four, He's also going to be in Ballerina.
Speaker 2: In addition to chapter five, there's.
Speaker 4: Also going to be an animated prequel film and a spinoff movie featuring Kine the Blind Assassin played by Donnie Yin in chapter four.
Speaker 5: So are you John Wickheads Wikaholics? You're in for plenty more.
Speaker 2: I only saw the one.
Speaker 5: I saw one of them in their Yeah, I just didn't see the other one.
Speaker 2: You don't know white and get more involved in that franchise. I mean I love Keanu Reeves. Yeah you do.
Speaker 5: He's Canadian.
Speaker 2: Never mind.
Speaker 4: Sonny Pictures or Sony Pictures kicked off the annual CinemaCon convention and trade show in Las Vegas on Monday by tatting their upcoming buyout picks told from the perspective of each member of the Beatles. At their presentation, the studio confirmed and brought out the long rumored leads for each movie. Paul Mscal is gonna play Paul McCartney, Joseph Quinn is gonna play George Harrison, Barry Keyogan is gonna play Ringo Star, and Harris Dickinson is gonna play John Lennon.
Speaker 5: Director Sam Mendez said that all films.
Speaker 4: Will premiere in April of twenty twenty eight and called it the first binge able theatrical experience.
Speaker 2: You think Ringo's gonna do the best.
Speaker 5: Is the best?
Speaker 2: For sure? Will not I should. I'd like to make a bet with you on that as to which one of the four movies does best.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna make that.
Speaker 2: Please put all your money on Ringo. I'm gonna make that best. You know Ringo never loses.
Speaker 5: He's the best Beatle.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows it. Then put all your money on it. That that will make the most money. To put my money on that is Barry Kyogan, the biggest name out of the four that are playing the different Beatles. I I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, to me, I would say Joseph When or Paul Muscal.
Speaker 2: They're bigger to me. Okay, but tweets their go see what these guys look like. You'll recognize them.
Speaker 5: Uston's headlines.
Speaker 2: If you're a if you're a Stranger Things fan, Eddie Munson is one of the best. He's always gonna be Eddi Munson.
Speaker 4: The Astros fell the Giants last night, three to one.
Speaker 5: They're now two and three to start the season.
Speaker 4: They're gonna wrap up their series with San Francisco this afternoon. Framer Val doesn't be in the mound for the Stros going up against the Giants. Landing root first pitches at three ten, you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Jazz and the Toyota Center. Tip Off was at seven thirty, and you can listen to the game on our other sister stations, Radio seven forty k H.
Speaker 5: That is going on in Sports ho.
Speaker 13: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show Offspring. You're gonna go far, kid, Welcome to the nine o'clock hour or fourth and final hour together. I've got tickets to go see Saint Vincent coming up in just a little bit Summer of Loud Tours. What we're gonna leave you with, that's I prevailed Bear Tooth, Kill Switch, and Gage about four other bands on that bill June twenty eighth at the Woodlands Pavilions. We'll get your tickets to all of that this hour, plus plus a lot more.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 2: I'm here to tell you that I don't see anything about a ten percent chance of rain today until tonight twenty percent chance of rain. But we're gonna be dealing with some Cloudy's guys mid eighties. Oh, I got that YouTube playing in the background. The bald eagles mom took off. It's just the two little bald eagle babies. There's snow and big bear.
Speaker 4: OK.
Speaker 2: Cold, they gotta be cold. Yeah, they're kind of huddling together right now. We were turned onto this maybe about three weeks ago, three four weeks those bald eagles a bald eagle camera. I see why people are spending so much time on the website YouTube. They just released a bunch of numbers about websites. The most visited website worldwide, Alex, It's easy, right, Google. Google is number one, nailed it, most visited website in the world. It's not the one we spend the most time on. YouTube is the number two website in the world. Google. We spend an average of ten minutes and forty seven seconds. That's an average visit duration because you're just like asking a question or I guess, I mean I don't that seems to see or something like that, and you click to it.
Speaker 5: That seems like a.
Speaker 2: Long time to be on Google, but you like get in and out of Google. You google your thing, and then you go to where you want to go. People spend an average of ten minutes. Wow, I'm a slow typist. I've been told that type faced Google. We spend ten minutes and forty seven seconds on there YouTube twenty minutes over twenty minutes is the average time spent on YouTube? What website do you feel that you burn the most time on where you're like, I get disgusted with myself if I'm sitting there for ten minutes on something.
Speaker 5: On I get desktop.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you'll have different answers if it's on your phone or your desktop. Uh yeah, phone is Instagram or x okay. And then because you're busy trolling people on.
Speaker 5: X we're looking at things and bitching about sports.
Speaker 2: But you have like folders of reactionary yeah and everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, drop those depend but a lot of those are like me being upset with things, not me trolling people.
Speaker 5: And then if it was desktop, it's Reddit, Oh.
Speaker 2: Okay or outlook. Reddit's a top ten website in the world.
Speaker 5: Xam these watch a show.
Speaker 4: You can't find a severnth buddy until everybody on The Ryan Show weighs in with me. You have sevenths club. You go to the r slash Severance and you talk about whatever show you're watching.
Speaker 5: You read Dexter?
Speaker 2: Other people?
Speaker 5: Are you watching Dexter?
Speaker 2: I got four words for you, pal it better get better. It will.
Speaker 5: What episode are you on?
Speaker 2: One? Yeah?
Speaker 5: You're nowhere close. You don't even understand any I was.
Speaker 2: Bored out of my balls. You have you hid?
Speaker 5: It's a physis. Wait till and so forth and then get.
Speaker 2: Back to me. So I gotta wait till lipsit four. Sleep on the one you watched, didn't you. I was kind of dozing a okay because it was so boring. Severance was boring.
Speaker 5: You have to set up the premise, wait more episodes.
Speaker 2: It was slow moving.
Speaker 5: It's crazy when you find out what they're what's going on?
Speaker 2: Okay? Uh? Google is the most visited website. YouTube is two, number three? Yeah yeah, yeah, who's number ten? Okay, yeah, who's hanging in there?
Speaker 5: I look at Yahoo almost every day. It's good to find trending topics.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah. Facebook is No. Three?
Speaker 5: Oh really?
Speaker 2: Yep? Okay, this is the most visited website list worldwide. Instagram is four x is five now, WhatsApp, chet, GPT, Wikipedia, Reddit, Yahoo, there's your top.
Speaker 4: Wikipedia is a good one. I've wasted hours Wikipedia.
Speaker 2: That in the top ten. That's got the people must be going in and just checking like on a fact, real quick to get in and out. The average time spend on Wikipedia is three minutes and eighteen seconds.
Speaker 4: We used to do a Wikipedia club during the pandemic on my podcast, where we would just pick a year and we would Wikipedia that year and then you'd like a book club. I thought was really interesting in nineteen seventy three. Is it So and So invented this? You weren't a round, Yeah, but you just pick a random year and then anybody goes and looked at the same Wikipedia page.
Speaker 5: You need to bring into something that you thought was interesting.
Speaker 2: Oh you're looking back at the your book club book, not that you went through that at that time. Right, Okay, what the other thing I'll get out of this. People are spending more time even though X is the number five most visited website worldwide. We're having a blue sky. Yeah, I don't see it. People are spending twelve minutes and thirty seven seconds on X. People are spending ten minutes on Facebook, eight minutes on Instagram. I waste more time on Instagram than anything. I'm sitting on the couch and I'm just scrolling the kids not home from school yet whatever. I'm like, oh my god, I'm a loser. I've been on here for ten minutes.
Speaker 4: You know, to think as much as your picture, picture, picture, picture picture, and X. You're like, I'm gonna read somebody X does tend to get more political and I just.
Speaker 5: Scroll past that stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never spend time on X for sports, Like there's nothing.
Speaker 4: There's no site that's better than what like watching a game and then being on X during the game, Like yesterday the Red Rings were about to win, we were fighting for a playoff spot, We've led the league in most goals, giving up in the last minute, and then I was just like, let me go watch the other Red Ring fans bitch about the this last minute goal we just gave up before losing and overtime along with me.
Speaker 5: And then you're, oh, I also feel that way.
Speaker 4: Whereas Instagram is more like positive than X. I'm like, I need I need to be just wallering and upsetness or anger right now with others.
Speaker 2: All right, this would be a good time for listen, uh Google is it's her own thing? YouTube at rod Ryan Show. We're on YouTube right now and.
Speaker 19: Past Greade podcast, YEP, Facebook at rod Ryan Show and Past Grede Podcast, Instagram at rod Ryan Show at Past Grede Pod, X at rod Ryan Show at past Ray Pod.
Speaker 2: I'm not on WhatsApp nor am I. I know people in my use that to make calls, don't you.
Speaker 5: I like Soccer watching group. There's people that I like.
Speaker 4: If you don't want to have to text a cross countries, like if you have people in England or maybe in Mexico or whatever, you just have a WhatsApp group and that's just like texting without the data or whatever.
Speaker 2: People were talking to their families in Mexico on WhatsApp. That's what I That's the first time i'd heard of it. Chat GPT, I'm not really using that. I don't trust it. I don't trust it. I've been using Groc a little bit.
Speaker 5: I only use Groc to make stupid pictures.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, Rock is GM, it's Elon Musk's and it's there's like Groc three is like free and it's like a chat GPT type of thing. But yeah, I'm not spending any time on jet GPT. As a matter of fact, I'm surprised it's number seven. It's over Wikipedia, Reddit and Yahoo.
Speaker 15: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why it's gonna take over.
Speaker 2: Everybody's giving it all their stuff. Don't be friends with it. People are trying to be friends with it.
Speaker 11: With a AI, you just told me you're using it to make pictures, not to ask questions and let it know who I am. Yes, I say, put a Bengal tiger eating bushes baked beans with Shrek.
Speaker 5: That's not giving any information on me.
Speaker 2: Are you using AI to make images?
Speaker 5: Are you using it to make images not to ask questions?
Speaker 2: Yes or no question. I feel like I'm at one of these positions, but you are just for the images you are using AI. That's a different thing. Tickets to Saint Vincent April eighth, White Oak Music Hall.
Speaker 5: Not writing emails to people.
Speaker 2: Call me old school. Call on the phone, interact with us seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five, looking for caller.
Speaker 12: Tennis Houston for our Houston's alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five the buzz Yeah, go.
Speaker 2: Over to the phones here, Good morning Rod Ryan's Show. Who's who am I talking with here?
Speaker 7: Rod?
Speaker 2: Hello? Good morning, good morning brother Ride. Hey, who's this? It's your boy?
Speaker 1: Not stowed at him.
Speaker 2: It took me a second, I remember, not stoned at him. I don't believe you. I think you're stoned all the time that we talk. Yeah, yeah, I know, I get that a lot. You do you know, do you No?
Speaker 8: Not really, So you're the first one to ever tell me that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I think when you came in here to pick up a prize, I thought you were stoned when I met you too, face to face. You see you had a stoner thing going on. Yeah, well, you know, I'll guess next to chill relax all the time. So you know, I give up that vibe. What is that like? I don't ever come across chill or relaxed. I never come across that way. I don't know. Maybe you need to give me sebel whatever you're on. But you said you're not on. Yeah, I'm so good.
Speaker 5: The guy says he's not on anything for.
Speaker 2: A workout in the morning.
Speaker 5: Oh that's what it is.
Speaker 2: You're working out. Okay, Hey, you're the tenth callar not stoned at him. And I'm gonna give your tickets to go see Saint Vincent on April eighth, April eight, Yeah, that's coming up. Man, you're gonna love her. She's so entertaining. Live, dude, You're gonna absolutely love her live all right, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess my wife will be happy.
Speaker 2: You could send our anniversary out of concert. Oh wedding anniversary?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How many years? Not stoned at him?
Speaker 15: Five years?
Speaker 2: Congratulations dude? Congrats man. Yeah, well, I'm glad I can help out with your not stoned Adam. Hang on the phone for me. I've heard from him in a while. Online Kid's Alex Online ninety four five the muzz all right, not stoned Alex. Don't come stoned, aw, don't come in your stone Okay. If I catch you coming in your stoned, we've got a problem.
Speaker 5: I'm not so they call me not stone Alley.
Speaker 2: I've never called you not stone Alley. Yeah, okay, what is your aol? Today?
Speaker 4: Today's al is called emoji foods. You're gonna see a bunch of emojis and you're gonna have to guess.
Speaker 5: What food they are describing.
Speaker 2: Can egg plant?
Speaker 4: I mean that would be a plant. But what about rice fish and chopsticks?
Speaker 2: What would that be? Rice fish, chopsticks? Sushi?
Speaker 5: Yeah, nailed it.
Speaker 2: I'm a genius. Nailed it. I'm a genius.
Speaker 4: Oh so it's combinations, combination, gotcha all right? A strawberry it looks like a glass of milk and a handshake.
Speaker 2: Milkshake, strawberry milkshake.
Speaker 5: Milkshake, strawberry milkshake.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you kids are so clever if.
Speaker 5: You can put those together.
Speaker 4: Today at the world famous rod ryanshowpage at the Buzz dot com, The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's three days grace and so called life. Help your up to a great start. To you today, Thank you for us spending some time un us this morning. Cloudy skuys today ten percent chance of ragned highs of around eighty five. The Looking at Girls blog page. I will say all the time, I'll say, go for the pictures and then stay for the articles. There's always some pretty good stories on there. And then if he keep scrolling, you don't know what you're gonna see at the end there there's usually some kind of a what they used to call in the industry, a little kicker, a kicker at the end there. I mean, I guess there's I guess I feel good about this. Maury Povich just launched a new podcast. For the love of God, I just don't have that in me. He's eighty six years old. I don't need I don't need that. I don't I tried my own podcast for a while, and I'm just like, whatever, itch I need to be scratched. I mean, you've been doing the podcast thing for so long. Whatever itch I need to be scratched. I get it scratched here, got a lot of it in the morning. You're you have other things that you have other things like guy was on TV forever. You know Mary Povich.
Speaker 5: Of course, yes, you're not the father.
Speaker 2: You are not the father.
Speaker 5: You are the father, Like he Didldhood.
Speaker 2: He did a legitimate talk show, and then just everybody wanted the paternity shows. So I think he got stuck doing that. I think he just did that every every show then for a while.
Speaker 5: And then they also had the is it a guy or not a guy?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't remember that for that No, now do you know his wife?
Speaker 5: I read it this morning.
Speaker 2: Connie Chung. Connie Chung was like a legitimate newsperson like Dan Rather. I think it might have been her and Dan rather on the air together. Gradually, there you go. So Maury starts this podcast. He's eighty six, Connie Chung is seventy eight. They've been married since the early in nineteen eighty four. It says here they got married. So Maury launching launches his podcast. You got to come out with something and let people know that you're doing a podcast. You know, just because you're Maury Povich, you better come up with something. I think they kind of said, because you know, Connie just happened to stroll by while they're doing the podcast.
Speaker 5: That's a big thing if you have like a famous wife.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just Oh and Christy Tea gave John legend ever has a podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I didn't know you were recording. How crazy is that? So you know, is this thing scripted? I don't know. But Connie asks her husband, they've been married since eighty four, when do you feel sexiest? That seems like a question that you would just come up with at off the top of your head.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, yeah, definitely, not a combetist or anything.
Speaker 2: And then Maury said, well, on Sundays Sunday's Maury Povich at eighty six, he feels sexiest on Sundays. They both kind of laughed, and then they started to get into it a little bit. I think Maury Povich and Connie Chung are grinding it out on Sundays.
Speaker 5: I mean that sounds great.
Speaker 2: I think the season, but I think they're mounting on Sundays at he's eighty six and she's seventy eight. I'm not making fun. I'm saying this is great, this is awesome. Are they or does he need some help with the podcast getting it launched? And he knows that I'm going to grab this story. I would like to believe they are. I the tone of the voice when you hear him. He said, it's always been that he doesn't make any other plans on Sunday because that's his day with Connie. And then well Connie didn't elaborate anything, but Morio course went there and uh yeah. I want to live in a world that Maury Povich and Connie Chung at eighty six and seventy eight are still flipping and flopping with each other. I think it's great, good for them, I do, I do. I think it's awesome. I mean, just since the eighties, every Sunday Maury Povich. Now you know that Mary Povich has a podcast. Yeah, now what's coming on week two? If you're their favorite positions, If you're not giving me a steady stream of Connie Chung being bent over that piano at the house, I don't think. I don't think I'm interested in Episode number two The Rod Ryan Show on the Bus ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having a song that's Nirvana. I'm dumb. I haven't got an update from Chili. He he was if we were in trouble, then he'd be on me a little bit. I'm talking about announcing a name at the end of the show today of that person that is gonna join us live in studio and they are going to play read my lips. Well, he's right there, Joey. Do I have anything to worry about? Are we gonna be hearing from you by the end of the show today?
Speaker 6: Man, let me tell you, I was worried. I was worried.
Speaker 2: Well, you sounded worried, and then then you went radio silent on me, and then that gets me scared. I am you're getting close to picking somebody you don't have to tell me it's.
Speaker 6: Confirmed, not just confirm with a person for tomorrow. We are good to go for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh, if you want to announce it, you can do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listener, Joe. We're just gonna call him listener Joe. Okay, Joe, Yeah, listener, Joe. He's confirmed. I just emailed them all the instructions and everything, and.
Speaker 2: You feel like Joe is solid.
Speaker 6: He's a solid. I don't know about being a good player, but he's a solid. He's going to take an ail tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's weird that you pick the people and they have to play you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, usually I can.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: I wasn't a pick her. I didn't pick them real good. Last time I played. You know, I got warped.
Speaker 2: Gay did it happens?
Speaker 6: But I think that was I was sick. I got some symptoms like the flu or something like that.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 6: I wasn't myself. Okay, no, no, I mean, I'm just stating the fact.
Speaker 2: You know, all right, Well, Joe's coming in tomorrow. Yeah, all right, Joe Chile versus Joe, Jose versus Joe, Jose and Joe. Okay, Jose and Jose jj all right, that's gonna be tomorrow. That should be fun. That's I've enjoyed having the listeners in. It's been good. Alex lost, Melanie happened, Melan was it? Melanie the felony last week? She's good, she was good. Well you had the flu? She was really really good. I did Chili, we got uh, I may have gotten you sick.
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 2: I will take the hit on that. I got the flu and then I got I didn't commit on Friday. I want to get you guys sick.
Speaker 5: Sick.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, sorry, I couldn't miss anymore work. Listen. We got a new sponsor in on the rod Ryan Show charity Golf Open. We got Integrity Poolscapes in. We got a new hole in one prize. There's gonna be a chance to win a ten thousand dollars cash prize sponsored by the Junction Bar in grill out there in Crosby, Texas. So good to have them on board. And then Chili. We need three teams, three teams.
Speaker 6: We've got three teams.
Speaker 2: Is the link working properly? Somebody told me that they were having a problem getting their team. They like, I think I think we wanted somebody wanted to buy one of those four sums.
Speaker 6: Today, I think it might have been on the other on the other end with Roger with Rogers, because remember before it was like all the teams were sold out. So maybe get with Roger with them to make sure we'll get it all.
Speaker 2: I don't want to leave any money on the table. We want to raise as much money as possible for Texas Adaptive Aquatics. All right, thank you, Chili. He's already got his guy for tomorrow's show.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: National Distracted Driving Awareness Month. It's a lot, it's a very worthy month. It's a lot, but it is important though. I mean, we're dealing with so many people in the car. National Distracted Driving Awareness Month. I would think add Am, yeah, I would think that the most important thing is to do is just you got to just chill on those phones when you're driving. You got to chill on those phones. You know, it used to be just people texting. Now I think people just full on watching YouTube and Instagram reels while they're driving.
Speaker 4: And you can always tell because you'll like be behind somebody and you're like, why are you going way solter than everybody else?
Speaker 5: And then you get over and you do the scare you see them on the phone.
Speaker 2: You're just like you just have your your face.
Speaker 4: I've seen somebody face timing, like, don't FaceTime while you're driving.
Speaker 2: Talk. Don't ever do that talk to a truck driver. They see it all, they see it all up top like that, and they see these people in the cars. They see people watching full on movies. Okay, National Distracted Driving Awareness Month. One of the things that came out of this is one in seven Americans have fallen asleep behind the wheel. I had mentioned the Katrina a fon that we did on the air, where we were on the air for three days. I drove home after that. I shouldn't have. I wasn't drinking, I hadn't slept for three days. And that was back when I was living on the West Side, and I remember driving I tent and I remember pinching my arm rolling down. That was the last time. That was twenty years ago. That was the last time that I was just so deadly tired. I thought I am a menace to be on the road. Right now, I'm telling you right now, I'm not proud of it. I should not have driven home.
Speaker 4: Well, I used to live in Huntsville and I was part time I would ride in from Huntsville to Houston and after your mornings were because I didn't sleep much then, and I would.
Speaker 5: Just just go and wake up and go do that.
Speaker 4: And I remember like just blaring music and slap myself in the face. That's it, opening the windows, chugging as much coffee as I could.
Speaker 2: Those are all things. Stay up, stay up, stay up. Those are all things that people say that they do to stay awake when they're driving. Drink something with caffeine in it. That's the number one thing. The number two, the number two thing. Crank the radio. Okay, this voice, the sound of our grating voices, My god, we'll keep you alive. Stay up. This voice will keep you alive. People will roll down the window, they'll blast the ac, or they'll talk to someone on the phone. Does that help or does that make it worse that you're talking to somebody on the park?
Speaker 4: Um, I need you to keep out the speaker thing. I wouldn't be doing it holding your hand up all.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, saving lives every morning. Now, what I have done is on the way here, have you ever pulled into the parking lot and say how do I get here? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yes, I've definitely done.
Speaker 2: So listen. I'm not saying that's a good thing either. I think a lot of people do that.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: I don't know that that means you're distracted.
Speaker 4: I think if you're just in such a routine, like make your coffee, get in the car, put your backpack in your pass and your seat or your back seat, get to work, like you do, you do the same.
Speaker 5: Route and like, yeah, you just kind of black out.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I think you probably do remember it. You just like when you get there, you're like, yeah, I guess I did just get to work.
Speaker 2: I have done that before, and that kind of freaks me out. And I'm just I'm thinking of the show and what we're doing, and I'm and I'm you know, on the way in, I'm iss, hit the post even gonna work? Are we gonna get somebody that calls in and doesn't know what we're playing? Are we are we gonna get? Is it gonna be the worst game.
Speaker 13: In the world?
Speaker 2: Today? Like, I thanks Mayra, I will Myra saved our asses today. I have pulled into this parking lot, going, Holy cow, I have a seven minute drive in. What am I thinking about that? I just pulled in. I think that's just as bad.
Speaker 4: Forty five minute right in? Yes, ah crap, How do I get her from sugar Land?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: None of it's good? All right. One in seven people have said that they've absolutely fallen asleep at the wheel distracted driving months. It's National distracted Driving Awareness Want be careful please, So many of you are behind the wheel right now. Listen to this voice trying to keep you awake. Another show, Alex is gonna ask you a question, the Summer of Loud Tour twenty twenty five. Who's on this I Prevail, Bear, Tooth, Kill, Switch, Engage, park Way Drive, Devilwar's Prada, The Amity Affliction, Alpha Wolf, All these mans are playing on this tour June twenty eighth at the Woodlands Pavilion. Where are they gonna start at nine o'clock in the morning, But they can fit all those Holy cow, somebody's gotta be sharing a drum set. We're gonna ask a question on the flip of this break to get you in.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rock Houston's and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Hey ninety four five, the Bus, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. See the fake it? All right, let's go. We gotta do another show. We're gonna get out of here. Hopefully this segment goes better than the one that you're talking about. He's now time for know this show on ninety four five The buzz.
Speaker 14: La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: All right, Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Who's on the phone here? The Tyler? Hi Tyler? How are you? I'm good Rod?
Speaker 6: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: We'll beat up today, Bro, I got a little beat up today in the seven o'clock hour. I thought we were playing an old standby game. I thought I'd get in, get out nice and easy. Everybody knows how to play. They read my lips game and then disaster and here we are. Yeah. I don't know if you heard anything but thinking more.
Speaker 4: All right, what is your question, Alex, Well, Maira may have won that hit the post game this morning, but what young Buck was the real star the show?
Speaker 5: Our first contestant on the hit the post Game.
Speaker 2: That would be mister Truett True, yep, true it. We thought true could do it. And uh well the name like that? He blew it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know it, listen, I was everybody.
Speaker 2: They're not all very winners. You know, I he kind of hung up too. I think he needed to go catch the bus or something like. He didn't even stick around. I wanted to talk to him more. I wanted to I was fascinated he was around that time, like true, but I think he just like he hung in there for as long as he could. Then he had to go to school. True, you're a hero on this show. You're a fan favorite in a statue and true it is the reason that Tyler is now going to the Summer of Loud Tour twenty twenty five. Congratulations, dude, Oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Rod.
Speaker 5: You know, I've been listening for years.
Speaker 1: I've never won anything that ever got through first time getting through the first time winning.
Speaker 2: True, it's it's all.
Speaker 4: It's not us tickets.
Speaker 2: True did do it. Congratulations Tyler, Thank you. I appreciate you listening all those years.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: This is awesome.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's about timing one something. Everyone knows that Chili takes the calls here right like beforehand, like I got a mare chilling. What what did you hear in Truant's voice that you just thought, you know what, this guy's got it. He doesn't need any of me.
Speaker 6: First of all, I was behind the gun because the song was about the end, and I was like, I gotta get winners.
Speaker 2: And then I remember the phones because I was even asking is everything okay? In there? I just see a bunch of phone lines and then they were disappearing in front of my eyes. So there was already okay, you were running late on time and that is an excuse. And then you heard true It.
Speaker 6: I heard Truant usually, and then I was like, I'm not going to ask him age because I was like, that could be the uh was it that Jen the Bender type stuff?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 6: Sure, well the voice sounds young, but it's an older person.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't want to offend him. He was young.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's why in and then I just said okay, I got one black went to the next collar next to the next collar.
Speaker 2: So you but you just said okay, true it, stay right there. And then that was it. Yeah, couldn't explain the game to him. I just told him.
Speaker 6: I was like, hey, don't say any cars words, turn off your radio, and that's it.
Speaker 2: So we go to Truant and again you probably need are you are you podcasting this? This podcast. Oh my god, like it's out there for the world to go here it on Saturday too. Oh Jesus meo, you love it? But true I put on this song and I'm like, true it, you're on go and just hung out. He didn't know. He's like, what, I don't know what to say? What what do you want me to do? And I'm like, we're playing a game though, Like it's the game is you talk right here? So I didn't dust him. I said, why don't you listen to the other contestants, and I'm gonna come back to you, that son of a bitch hell And he waited and I gave another shot at it and he did try. So, I mean, I didn't want to give up on truet this morning.
Speaker 6: And Truy's the fans. Rod you did a great job by keeping them on and pumping him up. And then Truan, you're my spirit animal because I screw.
Speaker 4: Up like that.
Speaker 6: If you put me on live on air to introduce a song, I would be doing the same thing as True.
Speaker 2: That's you know what. We didn't do an example round. But he's good.
Speaker 4: It's like, sometimes people think our job is a little too easy. Maybe today they learned as not as easy as it sounds.
Speaker 2: Always no True, no Tyler winning the show to exactly.
Speaker 4: He's responsible for two people winning prizes kind of is Yeah, yeah, he's the prize king.
Speaker 2: All right, Well listen everyone else. I hope we hear from True again.
Speaker 6: If we do, I might hook him up with some bus fist tickets.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, I'll have an apple juice with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sit around and get crazy and drink some Caprice Sons and a whole pre sons and make some.
Speaker 6: Bad decisions with some chicken tenders.
Speaker 5: Hit the town of Slingshot and make some Caprice sons, hit.
Speaker 2: The woodlands with tru it. Sounds like a good time.
Speaker 5: That would be really funny.
Speaker 2: All Right, we gotta go. Did we play Fresh out of bed Head to Head today?
Speaker 4: We did?
Speaker 2: All right, so Josh win? All right, Josh did win. Oh, we had the Dean Dean Dean the dancing Machine did not pull off a victory. So we had some fresh fish in there today. On the Fresh out of bed Head to Head we got a brand new fresh player that's never played before. And also it started with that horrible victory speech when that fresh fish that was really what It was that kind of set the tone for like, Okay, this is gonna be a rocky day. Listen, Joe's gonna be awesome Tomorrow, Joe's gonna take on Chile and read my lips at A twenty, all the tickets we gave away, we're gonna do that all again today. We're gonna get that fresh fish in here. He's gonna come back a crazy veteran. He's gonna come in kick some ass today or tomorrow morning at six twenty. Join us tomorrow, join us tomorrow on the show. All right, Jeremy's up next NonStop noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Guys, hav an awesome Wednesday, man, thank you for joining us A m am, Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast
Speaker 12: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.