Speaker 1: And nine Ignition.
Speaker 2: Five four three two one zero engine running.
Speaker 3: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for Ignition with the aw fan Hubb Community podcast team. We're gonna be talking about some aw hot topics and of course Grand Slam Mexico. And this show is gonna be a little bit different because I honestly believe that everything that we're gonna talk about tonight comes full circle. I think everything relates to everything else. It should be a very interesting show. And I do want to also say that if you're in the chat, please say hello and participate, share your opinions. We will see them, we will put them up on the screen. I want to thank everybody that has also recently joined us on x We got a lot of new subscribers there and we appreciate it. And let's get on with the show.
Speaker 4: This is Kelson, good evening, aw fan Hub community. This is Valve from Montreal. So if you want to, if you.
Speaker 5: Want to go to the AEW fan hub subreddit or the a the EPW discord and joining the chat. Every time that airs an aw Dynamite collision and pay per view, feel free to join.
Speaker 6: We all hear every time.
Speaker 4: And it's a lot, a lot of fun, so please go on in and subscribe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's all fore of course aw patub subreddit. The chat box is right at the top of the subreddit and on the Everything Pro Wrestling Hub discord right now. It's named the live chat is named Grand Slam Mexico Live. Very easy to find.
Speaker 7: Chela. Howdy folks, this is Chris, and after you join us for the live chat, you should come and join in on the fun with our buddies Conrad and Derek at the EPW show on YouTube for their Dynamite review Grand Slam Mexico tomorrow night. It is a two and a half hour show, and I don't think anyone will be shocked if we get a pretty decent overrun. So it'll be a little bit later start time for their review, but they are always good, probably about ten minutes after the show typically, so it's joined them. It's a lot of fun. They're really great about, you know, following the chat and following out like fans and comments and all that stuff. It's a great show. Hopefully I know I'll be there. Hopefully I'll see y'all there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so let's go ahead and talk about Grand Slam Mexico. Now we're going to be talking about some individual stuff in this almost said pay per view. It really is kind of a pay per view. It does have that feel to it, doesn't it. Don't you get that impression that this is almost a pay per view?
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, definitely gives that that feeling. You know, AW does a decent amount of these. They're almost like many pay per views, but on free TV because Tony Kahn likes to spoil us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I kind of admit something I've often like thought, and it's not like a prevalent thought, but I'm like, man, Tony com puts these banger shows on free TV. He's got to really do something special on these pay per views to make it not seem it's like another TV show, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: You know I do, And a lot of times he does, like these mini pay per views are so good and then the pay per views are somehow even better. Like I'll admit it, I'm a big fan. I like everything that he, well, mostly everything at AW is doing right now.
Speaker 3: Right, Flyboy rex Over in the chat says, sios unite absolutely just in a broad general term, what do you guys, think of this Grand Slam Mexico card is a Do you see this as a overall positive or is there things on here that you're you know, scratching your head about. I personally think this is a really, really really interesting card. What about you, guys?
Speaker 6: It is?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 4: I'm excited for Speedball versus Kyle that sure tomorrow night it's gonna be a banger bang or bang or banger.
Speaker 6: Gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: Anybody else with any opinions on Grand Slam Mexico's card before we actually get into the meat, but the discussion.
Speaker 1: I think everything makes sense and everything excuse me, everything makes sense, and I think this is something, especially for a life crowd in Mexico to look forward to. I expect it to be very loud shout out to Detroit from last week, but I think Mexico City might take it. As far as the crowd involvement.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I am really looking forward to this show.
Speaker 3: Chris Chris let mkay speak.
Speaker 2: He's been trying to stay It's all right. I have a habit of and our people too. I think it's great. The only thing I'm not looking forward to really is the eight man tag. But other than that. I think it's stacked. Tony has built a pretty good card. Speaking of meat, I'm interested in the Mark Davis versus Will Ospray match. A big, big old boy going against Will.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It should be a good match, all.
Speaker 7: Right, Chris, What were you to say by Yeah, I was just gonna say I'm really excited for this card, especially Fletcher versus s Feedball. That Trios match is really interesting just because Mistico, Jericho and Darby Allen is the weirdest team on paper. But I feel like it's gonna somehow work.
Speaker 3: Well. It could have been more weird if you replace Jericho with Dalton Castle.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely would have been more buoyant.
Speaker 3: But look, let's get into the meat of the show because I have a theory. I do have a theory, and I want to see if you think that I'm correct. The Demand were the Trios champions champions until the Good, Bad and the Ugly you know came out and said, hey, you know, we're a team now. So the Demand just got the championship from the conglomeration. Do you think my theory.
Speaker 8: Is that the Demand won the championship over the conglomerations just so they could have this trios match at Arena Mexico, because who's more popular in Arena Mexico.
Speaker 3: In aw than Bandido, Brody King and Hangman and and Paige. You remember what happened the last time Grand Slam Mexico last year, Brody King and Hangman and the Page knocked it out of the park, you remember. So I'm thinking that the Demand won this championship simply so they could go on to Grand Slam Mexico and immediately lose it to the good, the Bad, and the ugly. What do you guys think of my theory? Not that at all.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying I love Fantido, Broby King, Hangman Page, like, those guys are awesome. I like the trio, but Man to Demand are my favorite trio in aw right now, and I don't want to see them be transitional Prios champions like I've wanted them to win those titles for a while and have a nice long reign with many defenses and help bring that prestige back up that hasn't really been there until the conglomeration. They definitely help bring raise the level of the trios titles, and I think the Demand can do that, So I really hope they win.
Speaker 2: I'd like to see the Demand cheat to win or something and then have this matchup, have a rematch it all in. I think that would be spectacular and then let the good the bad deadly have it.
Speaker 1: I agree. I don't want I don't want the Demand to lose it just yet. Me myself, I'm not a big, big man wrestling kind of guy, but the like I guess, uh to Leona and Bishop Kahn. I mean, they they're kind of rocking with it right now, and with Ricochet Air as their mouthpiece, I think it's perfect. I'm having a lot of fun with them. But I don't put this theory past anything. I think this, I think it makes sense. Although Adam Page has only had really two on screen moments in the past couple of weeks and so I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, it's been a while since he's wrestled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know if it's very earned at this point. All we know is that he wants to go for every title other than the AW World Heavyweight Championship. Makes sense for him, But I don't know, maybe maybe too early.
Speaker 3: Matt, do you have an opinion.
Speaker 9: I would like to see the Demand keep the belts for a while. I mean, who doesn't love Hangman? But I I just like the Demand being Trio's champions. I think that they're very, very good. It seemed to me that it took a while for them to find their place together at first, at least for me, I was wondering what they were doing together. Seemed a little bit of a mismatch when they brought Ricochet in, because if you remember, the Demand was hanging out with Swerve, so it seemed like they were.
Speaker 1: Lost for a while.
Speaker 9: And I would just like to see them as Trio's champions. I don't want to see them become transitional champions anytime soon. And like someone else said, we can revisit this maybe at all. In that's it's my take on it.
Speaker 3: By the way, I do want to say something here. What I during Dynamite, I wasn't What did the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly come out was a dynamite collision.
Speaker 1: When they introduced.
Speaker 9: Themselves Dynamite at the there.
Speaker 3: Well, when we were taking this as a joke, Wolf sent me the Good, Bad and the Ugly graphic with like a animated render of the three wrestlers, and I took it and I did a little bit of photoshop. Took me about fifteen minutes that I came up with this graphic that you're seeing on the screen right now. Of course, if you're listening to this on audio, you can't see it. But it was interesting because it got a whole lot of likes and was real popular on social media, except for one thing. People were saying, why is Adam Page the ugly?
Speaker 9: I was wondering that too.
Speaker 3: There's an explanation here in the Spaghetti Westerns. And I'm old enough to have been alive when these movies were actually being released. In the Italian version of this, which is this is the Spaghetti Westerns means it's an Italian Western. Sergeio Leone is a Italian director, you know, for Italian movies. Anyway. The actual Italian title is The Good, the Ugly, and the Bad. So the actuality in this graphic, Bad Dido is the good, Brody King is in fact the ugly, and Adam Page is the bad. He's kind of set that straight because there are a lot of people. There were a lot of people that were like, how could you possibly you know? They're being you know, funny about it. They were comical It wasn't like people were actually upset, you know, but how could you say that the heckman of pages, you know, the ugly he's so beautiful.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, okay, you know, I thought you might have been going for irony, like you know, when a six foot five, three hundred pound guy is called tiny.
Speaker 3: Now, no, it is the truth. Gattivo is based the bad the translation.
Speaker 1: For something to add about the titles, And I don't know if you guys feel the same way, but I feel like the trios titles are kind of a stepping stone title. So I personally did not like the conglomeration as Trios Trios champions. I think having two young guys currently in in in to Leona and Bishop Khan, having two younger guys as Trios champions, I think just that's what the championship should be. I don't think any of these three Bendido, Brodie, King and Hangman need these titles to to, you know, really do anything for themselves.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I agree with you what you said a stepping stone title. Did you mean kind of like a mid card title?
Speaker 1: Mid card but also it gives a chance to some younger talent to kind of you know, take some gold and run with it however they can, and see see what they can do with it. As someone that may be a little newer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, when I came up with my theory about this match in particular, I mean I was just going for a fan service. I mean, if you have the good de bat and the ugly I love calling these that group that. Uh, if you have them win at Arena Mexico, the crowd is going to go insane. They're going to lose their minds. I mean we know that, and that's probably what they're going for here. If they do, in fact win the titles and become Trios champions, well man.
Speaker 7: The heat the command would especially if they cheat to win it. Ah, some booze would rain down. You may see some trash thrown.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 7: The heat they would get would be unreal. And I'm just waiting for the inevitable. Brodie Kings, Toto Leona stare down, you know, meet in the middle, bounce off each other, host battle greatness.
Speaker 3: You know, I do want to say one more thing about this graphic that I found funny. Some people were actually saying to me, why does Brody King have a gun? But I'm like, okay, well, the original poster basically had a gun, you know, so they all had guns, I think. But anyway, I found it interesting because there's that little in the bottom right hand corner to Brody king grat there's a gun, right but not a single person said anything about the gigantic hole in the middle of his abdomen. I'm like, it's like nobody brought up the big gunshot hole, you know, in the middle of his abdomen. I was like, I thought it was clever nobody noticed it, so I thought I pointed out AW fans, the least observant fans on the planet. But remember I said that what we were going to talk about was going to come full circle, and it really does, because the next thing I want to talk about is this AWS ten Championship belts. There have been six title. Six of those belts have changed hands in the last thirty days, and when you think about it, I'm not sure if it's within thirty days, but it'd be pretty close. If Keny Omega loses the will Osbury, you know, on the thirtieth at all, in that's another title change. So when you look at the good, the bad, and the Ugly possibly winning the trios titles at Grand Slam Mexico. It kind of fits right into what AAW has been doing. Do you like the fact that AAW I use the term hot potatoes? It probably wasn't really good term to use, But do you like the fact that AW is hot potatoing their titles so much? Because when you look at it, they are changing hands really fast?
Speaker 7: Well, I think the only ones that have really been hot potato is really the world title and the TBS to an extent.
Speaker 3: But on that and Chris Chris, it's a fact that six of the title of the ten, six of the ten belts had changed hands in the last thirty days.
Speaker 7: Yes, I understand that, but hot potato kind of means like they change from one person to the next to the next within that thirty days. But that's only true with the AW and the TBS. With the International Tickets had a solid run with the belt before dropping it to Fletcher. The Conglomeration had a solid run with the trios. Heexla had a very good run with the women's title. Davis had a solid run with the national title, the TBF title I've always said it, and the TNT I like it more as a kind of TV type title, so I don't mind when those change hands, you know, relative with a relatively short rain, because hopefully we're getting four or five six defenses before that title thing. The only one I really haven't liked it with is the AW World title. Like if Omega versus Off Pray was always the plan, Omega should have won it at the previous pay per view where he faced MJF and we could have just I like Darby's brain, but we could have gone without.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, then that's fair enough. Let's hear from other people. Do you guys think that this trend WORAW is changing titles rather quickly, should continue or do you want to see some longer title reigns.
Speaker 1: I like the switching. I think as long as as long as it's not so obvious that they're doing it for all in, you know, if they continue to do this, I like it. I don't particularly like super long reigns. I don't know if you guys are fans of Luca Underground, but I had a lot of fun with that show, and that's because they weren't very afraid to switch up titles. I think giving that identity to aw would be really funk.
Speaker 3: You were about to say something I have.
Speaker 2: The only one I have a problem with really is the TBS taking it off of Willow because of health reasons, but then a month later, you know, and then she did get it and then gets taken off Sheida. That was kind of weird to me. But that's really the only one that stands out out to me. I understand the need because of an MJF injury to put it on Kenny Omega where they did. I can't Mark Davis. I had to disagree with Chris. He said Mark Davis had a good run with it. I don't remember him having that many good matches and that will have a run with it. But no, I don't like the habitating on myself.
Speaker 3: I'm not a big fan of long title reigns. I've said that before on this on this podcast. But I'm I'm a little bit I'm not concerned, but wondering why we're doing such quick especially like with the world title. I mean, you went from MGF to Darby Allen, to MGF, to Kenny Omega and now probably to to will Osprey. I'm interested to see what when we put up the prediction polls about ten days before we're all in to see what the aw fan hub community he thinks of that particular match, because I want to see how many people actually give Kenny Omega a shot at retaining. But anyway, you know, I'm not I'm not adverse to titles changing, especially like the TBS title and the TNT channel title, which are open challenge TV titles. Basically, I don't have a problem with those changing, but I do kind of have a problem with, uh, you know, the World Championships on both the women's and the women's sides changing hands. We haven't heard from val or Net on this topic yet. I'd like to hear what they have to say.
Speaker 9: Sorry, I don't mind the titles changing hands. It gives everybody a chance to compete and it makes it a little more exciting. I do wish they had them a little while longer, especially on the women's side.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 9: So I don't know. I'm can fuse from what they're doing and how it's going, I have I have yet to form a really good opinion on it. I think I don't know.
Speaker 3: I really do think that if this trend of the titles, you know, changing hands fairly quickly continues for the rest of the year. I think people will stand up and notice, you know, and maybe some people may even complain that it diminishes the titles. I don't think so, but you know, you kind of do have to listen to what the what the fans say, and you know, as far as that goes, Val, did you have an opinion?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm kind of I kind of agree with net a little bit. I don't like longer rings, just like Kelson. I don't like being chap someone being championed for over a year or so, like MJF was. But I agree with Chris on.
Speaker 4: The aw World Champion. Kenny should have won at Dynesty in my opinion and skip the Darby ring that that's my opinion, but it's very very difficult for me to have an opinion on it based on what I'm seeing. It needs for me to make sense, and for now it doesn't.
Speaker 6: So I'll wait and see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you brought up a good point with MGF and is what was it four hundred and Yeah, I want to say four hundred and six. I probably got a run. But anyway, that kind of tole rain is different to me, because MGF is just a polarizing character. He when he defended it was an event, you know what I mean, whereas somebody like Jade Cargill was just doing squash matches that lasted, you know, three minutes, four minutes, you know, kind of thing when she was TVs champion and that just did not make that didn't make any sense to me. That was that was stale. It was stale. That was That was a term that a lot of people on social media used about j Cargill's run. It was stale, not j car Gills's fault, by the way. That's the way it was booked. But you never heard that being said about.
Speaker 6: M j and when she used to be champion, sorry Kelson, when she used to be champion, I put it on mute. I was not interested at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, but again, it wasn't her fault. It was the booking. And it may have a lot to do with the state of the division at that time. You had not as many bid carters that were viable contenders. I mean, you had some people like sky Blue, Julia Hart you know, that were there and they you know, if if j Cargo was the champion, TVs. Champion right now, it would be different because there are more mid card content that actually have experience. Back then, you had way too many young talent that just didn't have a lot of experience. I mean, so you know, that was that. But you know, you can also look at John Moxley's you know, Briefcase Run as something that some people loved and some people didn't, you know, and it just it is what it is. But what the Briefcase Run did was that when it finally came to the payoff of Hangman Adam Paige winning it and opening up the briefcase and taking out the aw World Championship at all in Texas, that was a pretty big moment, you know. So you know, it really worked and I loved that match simply because Hangman Addam Paige had a lot of help come out to help him. If you remember, he had Swear Strickland and I believe will Ospray and a few other people came out to Alphabet. At no point did any of them touch John Moxley. They were just clearing out the other death writers that were trying to interfere, but they never actually interfered in the match. And that was perfectly done.
Speaker 7: That was probably my second favorite match I've ever seen live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so let's move on because again, this next topic kind of relates to this topic and every other topic, and that is, Kenny Omega and Willow Nightingale are the men's and women's world champions right now? Do they even need to defend the title before their respective all in matches? What do you guys think about that? What they went all the way to all in, all the way to all in and not defend their title once until all in? Go ahead, Beal, I'll go first.
Speaker 4: I would see Kenny versus Peedball because of the promise that he made to Speedball way way back before Dynasty to give him a title shot. I would Willow I would too because my opinion is that it was a bad decision to have her to have the title, and I would too. I would do a rematch with Tech Class dynamidal collision or something for the.
Speaker 3: Title or the title, Okay, anybody else with opinion on this.
Speaker 9: I wish that they would not defend leading up to their matches. It can give you a little bit more of a guess of who's going to win what A lot of time when they do the matches before the pay per views. You know who's going to win because they're on the graphic for the pay per view. So I wish they would stop doing that and just.
Speaker 7: Leave a lot of suspense.
Speaker 9: Maybe some coming out and talking in the ring and hyping it up and some stare downs with their all in or whatever pay per view opponents, but no, not running around having matches leading up to the pay per view. Give it a maybe two weeks of really building it up and really hyping it up. For me, it makes the pay per view more exciting if you don't know that the champion is going to walk out champion still, so I.
Speaker 1: Would rather not see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right me. I want to ask you a question, mat because you said something that I actually one hundred percent agree with you in Because if you, as Valerie said, well you want to see Kenny Omega defend the title, say it not this coming week but the week after against Mike Bailey. Why would you want to see that? Because you know Mike Bailey is going to lose. But I have a proposal for you, and I want to hear what Net thinks about this, because what she said made sense. Net using Valerie's match idea. How would you feel if Kenny Omega had a match with Speedball, Mike Bailey or Willow, Nike Gillana match with Tecla or somebody else before all in, but it's an eliminator match, meaning that if they get beat, that person gets a future world title match guaranteed.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't mind that. I wouldn't mind saying that.
Speaker 3: Because that means like Kenny Omega could lose it, it wouldn't cost him the title and it would be a story.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, they give us something for later.
Speaker 3: And with Willow, if she defended, if she did an eliminator match against Techla, could then make that match a three ways. A lot of people have been saying that they want that match for whatever reason at all, in between Willow and Monett to be a three way with Techlan included in that. There are a lot of people who've been saying that on the subway.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's because Tecla.
Speaker 2: I think people feel that Tecla got robbed a little bit because she held it for so long, held the division up was popular, and then some people feel that it got taken away too soon. I just think that Willow needs to prove herself a little bit more because she just came back and she's only really had one one thing and she wanted so I think I think one more match against anybody really decent could pump her up a little bit more and show Monet that she's not messing around.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I mean, I am ninety eight percent sure that both Kenny and Willow are losing most titles that all in so Hitting has had one defense, so I wouldn't mind another. But if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. Willow. I want to see at least one defense because I don't want her to be a zero defense champion losing it on you know, like losing it basically right after she won it. I just I'd like to see one defense, and you know, against Techlo would be interesting. I like the eliminator I did Techla winning and turning it into a triple threat because you know, I've said I wanted it to be Techla versus Mercedes. I just want Tecla in that freaking match, because she is awesome, like she's got He's just got that effect or man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to break in here because I want to apologize to the people in the chat. For some reason, our chat crapped out on us, and it just came back and I missed a whole bunch of chats. Uh, So I'm going to read off some of the chats that have been said. Wolf says that I would protect Kenny and Osprey and bubble Wrap until all in. Uh. He also said, uh, Tecla versus will versus Monette would have been better, as Tecla deserved that. I think you know that's that's an argument that has been said. And then Joscelyn came right back and said it's time to move on from Tecla. She could have other angles without the title, which is of course correct as anybody could have a title without our angle without a title, and then said, I guess many don't watch New Japan. I need Mercedes versus Willow rematch. And that's it from the from the chat. I'm sorry again that I missed that, but like I said, it just all of a sudden flooded in. But I'm glad we got those in. Anybody else with with the opinions on should Kenny and Willow defend the titles before all in? All right, Well, let's move on to.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, that was like a little mouse popped in and went. I assumed that I assumed that that was Valerie.
Speaker 6: Oh but yeah, probably Sorry.
Speaker 3: I just I mean, don't disrespect that. But I just don't think that you had that cutesy hype it's mouseboys.
Speaker 9: No, No, I don't.
Speaker 3: So. So we've got a new tournament in a w This is a Continental Challenge Cup. It's a sixteen person tournament. Let me just bring up the next graphic. How it works. No outsider interference and no time limits. That's a big one. No time limits. Sixteen wrestlers compete in eight blind draw matches. The eight winners then compete in four blind draw matches. The four winners move on to the semi finals in Glasgow, scott and Scotland. And I know I mispronounced that. April twenty April August twenty sixth. The Cup final takes place, of course, at Webley Stadium. The winner of the final receive the Continental Cup, which is a trophy and I kind of look at it from my understanding, it's kind of be like the Stanley Cup trophy in hockey, where your name will be engraved on it and it will stay on that forever, you know, and the winner of the final at all In will be the new ae W Continental Champion, which of course that gets them to built. But this is something totally different from the uh from from the Continental Classic, which will be what is that usually in Lake in November.
Speaker 7: November late into December because it's raptically the finals are typically at worlds.
Speaker 3: In right the world's end. So you know, when I first got this, the the first thing I did was somebody's got something going on in the background. When I first saw this as like, oh god, another tournament in aw But then I stopped and actually thought about and I was like, this is actually brilliant. Okay, somebody everybody needs the mut because there's somebody that ever getting feedback on. I'm sorry, guys, but anyway, this is something totally different because when you go back and look at the last topic we just talked about, does Kenny Omega and Willow Nightingale need to defend their titles? This Continental Challenge Cup kind of makes it not as necessary because now you're having meaningful matches leading into all In where you don't actually have to have Kenny Omeghan, will All night Gale or really, anybody else defended their titles that are in are in you know, set matches at all in already you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: If you think about it. John Moxley is defending his title in every match.
Speaker 3: Exactly, the tournament exactly, and you know it's really something else. Jay Rojas in the Chat Continental Cup should come down to John versus Nigel or John versus Jay. If Jay does not make it to the end, it should be because of dogs pre match beat down or a postmatch angle. And Wolf says, these graphics are great. No, Wolf, you cannot borrow money. Wolf is one of my longest friends as far as being in this aw fanop community, and he's my brother. We tease each other a lot, so I appreciate you, Wolf, you know that.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to say that I'm going to give it a chance. I have some skepticism. I wish they would have I'm not I wish they would have had it on a different title, but I understand that I think we can figure out that Max. It will probably be in and I just do not want Nigel in there.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't like hometown, home country hokiness. I got a feeling that's going to happen with several different matches, and that seems predictable to me. I want to see j White or somebody else get this. There's plenty of good people in here, but I'm willing to give this a chance.
Speaker 3: Well let's look at the people. Here's the the eight matches, starting with this week's Collision and then continuing it next week's Dynamite. Six matches on Collision for the Continental Challenge Cup, and then two on Dynamite next week. Uh I kay, I agree with you. I definitely don't want to see Nigel. I don't want to see fan We already have way too many fan service. We got will Osprey, the brawling birds are probably gonna be there. It really to me, it's it's gonna be. It has to come down to Moxley versus j Way in my opinion, it really does. But I'm interested to hear what you guys think later, Vinson.
Speaker 7: I love the tournament like I'm a tournament guy all the way. I don't quite understand having a tournament for the Continental Championship three months before you have a tournament for the Continental Championship, but you know it is what it is I am a cited for seven of these matches. There are fifteen fantastic wrestlers in this the finals, you know, I'm hoping for Moxley versus Switchblade, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nigel makes it, especially after him saying to Moxley, Oh, we could meet in the first round or you know. And plus he just put his ROH career on the line in his match at Death before dishonor against Lee Moriarty. I think he's if he makes the finals, we're going to get the same thing, you know, where he will put his in ring career on the line if he doesn't win the finals and he gets to go out in a banger match in his home country. I don't really want that to happen because I don't think we need that. I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna interject real quickly. And then to let a commentator go that far in a match to me looks bad. I know who he is, I know his past, but there are several of the people out there who are every week on the card, and for me, that makes the competition look bad. To let a commentator go all the way to the finals.
Speaker 7: I agree with you on that, and I mean, honestly, there's a dozen other people I would rather see in the finals. Jay White's the leader than you know Finley. Probably a Claudio versus Moxley match would be great. Another Kyle O'Reilly versus Moxley match would be great because I feel really confident that Moxley will be in the finals, but I don't know if he will win that match.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know, one of the things I do want to bring up is that I think it was a couple of weeks ago somebody Benchen and it may have been me, that John Moxley has been so wrapped up in the will Osprey story with the death writers that other than Forbidden Door, he really had not defended the continental title at all. Well, this is essentially an opportunity for John Mosley to defend this continental title like three or four times. Would you agree with that? Because I know he defended like what was the last week or the week before.
Speaker 7: But against the Commander.
Speaker 3: Right, Uh, and that was a great. Commander is just outstanding. I can to watch Commander wrestle every week.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: But but you know the thing is is, again, he had really had not defended it all that much, so I think uh he probably noticed that. Knowing John Moxley the way he is in his wrestling mind, he probably noticed that. Probably what that Tony Connon said, Hey, I gotta, hey, I gotta you know, defend my title. That was a bad job. Moxley person, I'll be her all week.
Speaker 1: I think he would yell it. I like, uh, I like the whole idea that these are bucket pools and not just they they broadcasted, uh, you know, potential path it gives us and listen, I don't fully believe that these are just pulled out of a hat. You know you have you don't believe that? Yeah, Nigel McGuinness and Shabata you have, uh, which which other Kyle O'Reilly and Roger Strong, Jay White and David Finley. I mean that I find it hard to believe. I could crunching the numbers on this and and finding the odds would be interesting, but I find it very hard to believe that those are actual uh pool from a hat. But I really like the concept and you know what they could do next round kind of keep discussing.
Speaker 3: I will say this too, and Chet, I want to see if you agree with me. But looking at all these sixteen wrestlers, I would say that you know, of the sixteen, fourteen of them aren't going to make the finals. I would say twelve of them are shoe wins for the Casino Gauntlet at all. Do you think that you know the people in this in this tournament are Casino Gauntlet bound. Should they lose?
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not. Maybe four of them, I don't think. I don't think it would generate nearly the reaction that a lot of wrestlers not on this, not in this tournament would get. You know, who's going to pop for I'm sorry, Jake Doyle, you know.
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying, you know, I mean I think Matt side I mean, obviously they'reeople would popper Orage Cassidy, but they wouldn't popper Matt Sidell as much.
Speaker 1: I think Casino gotlin is is it is like like you've been saying a fan service, it's a fun one and you know Matt Sidell would kill it. I think that's that's a match that he would thrive in. But you know, I don't know that that's a match for him for for crowd reasons. I would say that's not the case here. But I'm excited. I think this there's something interesting with tournaments that I think maybe an American audience, you know, and watching getting a little more into New Japan and start them.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Tournaments set up the future quite nicely. You know, you don't know what exactly you're watching when you're watching it, but down the line you get so many references to a match where you know, why would Roger Strong and Kyle Riley russ each other in a singles match? You know, I think it gives it's it's so many seedlings for the future that uh that this and the Continental Classic will give us. So I'm absolutely hype for this. Aside from just the match we're going to get, I'm excited for the future that this gives us.
Speaker 3: Well, Valerie, I've been kind of quiet and nett what are your thoughts on the Continental Challenge Cup. I I like the concept.
Speaker 6: It reminds me of the New Japan Cup in UH in New Japan. I don't like the idea of the winner being the Continental champion. I would have done like the winner have a guarantee Continental Championship match against the get Well Moxley is the is the is the holder now, so I would say somebody against Moxley at the next preview or something not all in, but the pay.
Speaker 7: Per view after all out or wrestled Dream or whatever.
Speaker 6: So I like the idea. There's there's some people in it that I'm not interested in being in that tournament. I would have probably replaced something like Brian Cage or Jake Dorle for speedball because speedball is amazing in those tournaments.
Speaker 3: Well you're well, I mean you put you put speedball the women's champion if you could.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so everywhere.
Speaker 6: Yeah, speedball is you know, And I would even put Kyle Kyle Fletcher in it. Yeah, I know he has a belt.
Speaker 1: Considering considering the International Championship and the Continents Championship have been merged for the unified. I agree that.
Speaker 3: By the way, I gotta say something. In our chat, fly Boy Rex said Jake Doyle would get more of a pop than Eddie Boring. How dare you Eddie Kingston boring? We all love Eddie Kingston on this podcast.
Speaker 6: You do.
Speaker 9: Letters and Eddie on TV.
Speaker 3: Again, that's the problem with Eddie Kingston. They write letters to Tony Kahan.
Speaker 9: Hell I put heart stamps on them and everything.
Speaker 3: Boy. Let me say this to fly Boy Rex. I was being totally facetious because on this podcast we definitely have a big split about Eddie Kingston. There are people that love Eddie Kingston and then there are people that.
Speaker 9: That are delusion.
Speaker 3: That actually did that have working that actually have working brain cells. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I said, there are fifteen great wrestlers in this match, in this tournament, and when there's.
Speaker 1: Eddie, nothing, nothing pops see.
Speaker 3: But I want to come on. I will go on record.
Speaker 1: One hundred and everybody know.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows this. I love Eddie Kingston and I don't I don't ever want to see him in a wrestling match, but I do love Eddie Kingston.
Speaker 1: I don't know who is sarcastic in this pot and who's not.
Speaker 7: On this matter. I am not being.
Speaker 3: I will say this to you Tucci. I have not seen an Eddie Kingston match in over three years. I turned the TV off or change the channel. As a matter of fact, it's kind of a running joke in our live chats where somebody will winners it Eddie Kingston match. I forgot to say I'm leaving. They know that I'm leaving, and then Kelson. It's safe to come back now Eddie Kingston is gone.
Speaker 7: They don't mind Eddie Kingston matches because it's like, Okay, hey, I need to use the bathroom. I need to you know, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to make this at Eddie Kingston bast They apologize to all any Kingston fans depends, you know, even though you're obviously delusional and stupid. I do apologize to all of you.
Speaker 7: Everyone, everyone, you know, that's all right.
Speaker 9: I love Eddie.
Speaker 3: Eddie though seriously.
Speaker 9: There's nothing that to love.
Speaker 3: He ahead I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: He's an inaugural Continental Tournament winner.
Speaker 3: And I will say this to you, Tucci. He was the inaugural Continental Championship and we all knew you were on the podcast then when he showed up on remember when they did the U the UH YouTube special, I guess is the best way to put it. But he showed up and he said, I'm going to put all my belts on on the line. You knew right then and there that he was winning the championship. That first C two was the biggest disappointment of my a W life because and I've said this before and I'll say it again, Yes, there were bangers, but you can't have bangers just for the sake of having bangs. They've got that means something. That entire tournament meant absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had Brian d Anderson lose to was.
Speaker 3: It was a joke.
Speaker 1: Eddie Kingston needs to be on that Cookie Show with Action Bronson. I think that's that'd be that'd be a good one.
Speaker 2: You're you're not supposed to, Yes, what I'm getting.
Speaker 1: I think tournament winners that have just free range to enter whatever tournament. I think that'd be a cool the cool thing to add to these tournaments probably like like you're wearing like you're wearing a master's jacket.
Speaker 3: Right, So we weren't established, so we've already established that Eddie Kingston is in this tournament, which I agree with Tucci on this. He's in this tournament because he's a former tournament winner in the Continental Classic and speedball Mike Daily Bailey should be facing Willow Nightingale and Mercedes Bone in a three way and all in.
Speaker 1: Okay, him and Max had history to don't put don't put past that. Listen, I'm not a big guy. I'm not don't don't put that in the atmosphere, they got they got history.
Speaker 7: No, I don't be surprised that that is a second round.
Speaker 1: Two hundred corner chops.
Speaker 9: And we count them and see who was right.
Speaker 3: We've done that before, We've done we've done that. We've done that before in our live chat where.
Speaker 2: We're like, okay, every time he does cho.
Speaker 3: Lets me count. Thank you for interrupting me. But we've done that in our live chat before, where we've had you know, wrestlers like Menora, Suzuki or or any wrestler that's been known for a chop and we count them and there's been like three hundred and some chops in a match before. It was like, it's unbelievable, you know. But I will say this about the most devastating move that Jake Doyle could do in his match against Kenny Eddie Kingston is to let Eddie Kingston do the machine gun chops in the in the quarter because Eddie Kingson absolutely beats the living hell out of himself. It doesn't it doesn't touch his opponent at all. So that's that's a push off. That's a mood for move for Jake Doyle. I just think that's funny. I do But does everybody kind of agree here that John Mosley is going all in as the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope he doesn't win with the.
Speaker 3: Really okay, well, I mean when you look at the other I mean, obviously it's not a true bracket, so we don't know how the others are going to come out of the hat. But uh yeah, but I mean, who would you if whatever? But who would you like to see John box face it all in for the Continental Challenge Cup and Continental Championship? J White, Jay White?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, my top three in order? J White, Tyle, O'Reilly, Claudia.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, Claudia would be interesting.
Speaker 2: Orange Cassidy is really who I like to get it back. He deserves a tie, after all, he's done for being on the mid card lower rain.
Speaker 1: I would like to see the Monday's Yesterday's reveal. I would have liked to see these names pulled out live. Give me a give me a gimmicked hat, but you know.
Speaker 7: Make uh Jagguars helmet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Jaguars hat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just asking for too much technical knowledge that I you know, to get that done. I'm like, no, I would have loved to see the two and have to mess it up.
Speaker 7: You know, you could have literally just had blank pieces of paper and he says the name for the matter.
Speaker 3: But they would they would have had the turn, They would have had to turn it around and showed it to the camera. Well, what I would kind of like to've seen, whether they did a draw like that or not, is that you say, Okay, twenty four men have put their names into consideration for the Continental Challenge Cup and we're going to only draw sixteens or eight of them are going to be disappointed. I kind of like that because then you have eight guys who are kind of pissed off, and that's that story, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you can have one of them go like, okay, I want to face you know, anyone who loses in the first round to prove, you know, I'm just as good as them. There's something or you'd be like, what about us? What do we do? Like give us matches or you know, there's a lot you could have done.
Speaker 1: With little yeah, minor minor criticism. Also, I don't think Continental Challenge Cup rolls off the tongue as nicely as just Continental Cup. Maybe they didn't want to do two C two's, but right, I don't I don't particularly like the challenge where.
Speaker 3: It so is this would this be a C two square C three? Yeah, C three that is. But anyway, let's move on to our last segment. Should be a quick segment, but I think it's something fun and that is Hazuki has gotten over big in the United States with a W fans in particular, she's been on excursion for July and August and I've seen a lot of aw fans saying that Azuki should be the first Stardom wrestler to be signed to a dual contract. People love her, of course, she is basic Athena at Death before Dishonor and I don't know if anybody feels like Hazuki is actually going to win this, but it I don't think anybody can deny that Azuki is killing it in in in a w and in you know, United States and Canada when she's appeared. And then you look at Julia Hart and the work that she's been doing in Japan and Stardom. She's the artist is Stardom Champion with Teckla and sky Blue, which is their Trios Championship, and then she is in the five Star Grand Prix, which she just wrestled three nights in a row, which is amazing. She is three and one in the five Star Grand Prix. She's got six points because you get two points where every win, one point for drawing, no points for a loss. She is currently in position to advance in the five Star Grand Prix. She has three more matches, one against Suzu Suzuki, the world champion in Stardom, and a couple of matches beyond that that she could possibly win. But the thing is is that, I mean, I don't know if you ever watched Stardom or Jeopanese wrestling in in general, but when these wrestlers come out to the ring, you can literally hear pin drop. There's no pops in Japan. They're very respectful to the performance art that these wrestlers are doing. I would be the same as a pop for somebody playing the theme from Titanic in an orchestra. You know, you just don't do it. And that's kind of the way Japan approaches professional wrestling. But somehow, some way, Julia has somehow got that the crowds in Japan to just chant her name loudly and boo at the same time. She's really come into her own and she's doing well in stardom, and frankly, I'd like to see Julia Hart stay in stardom kind of like the way Megan Bain did the end of last year in the beginning of this year, where she was going back and forth, she was making a mark and Mega Baby became a better wrestler because of it. And Julia Hart is definitely coming into I've seen her first match was Julia you know, slow, methodical, kind of boring, but she's been doing different moves. He's learning, she's doing stuff and getting a lot of oohs and ahs from the crowd, and it's very popular. I mean, do an exchange Azuki for Julia Hart? Why not? I'm not talking about changing companies. I'm talking about longer excursions. I mean, how do you how do you feel about Azuki and AW and and have you watched Julia Hart in stardom?
Speaker 7: Love me? Said Zuki id minutally. I hadn't seen a lot of her before she uh showed up in AW. I'd seen the Mercedes Mommee match, of course, because it's freaking awesome. Go watch that match if you can. UH and a couple of times in Stardom and I knew she was good, but aw, like, I feel like you've got to see a bit more of her personality, even though you know, she hasn't done any promos, but it's been there with the ring work and the crowd work and all that. Yeah, I would love to see her stick around. And I haven't seen any of Julia Hart's matches in Stardom. I just if I could afford it, I would absolutely watch Stardom. But it's just one of those budgets tight right now.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: I have seen clips the when she was trapped in the submission and like calling out to the crowd for help and everything.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: That was funny and good, but it's still kept with her overall gimmicks, you know, like like I think allowing her to add in a little bit of that fun like Tekla has done, Like you know, you don't have to be so dark and mysterious and spooky, like you can still be a badass, but you know, also do a comedy bit every now and then.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: And yeah, I saw her entrance and the crowds like panning for her. I saw like some people singing along to her song and stuff. Yeah, it would definitely be a first.
Speaker 3: It's weird because that kind that kind of thing just does not happen in stardom, and to have people chanting like that. Usually you'll hear people call out their favorite wrestlers names during a match, like at the very beginning, but you don't see here organized chance, and that's that's something. By the way, Jay Rojas says, what Ivazuki did beat Athena and then they announced the dual contract on the Titan Tron like they did for Mysticohy before. Yeah, I mean, frankly, Hazuki is one of the I mean, obviously she's young and beautiful, but she is one of the older wrestlers on the roster. She's definitely in the top third in age. I mean she's only like, what thirty or something like that, but which is incredible. But you also have to keep in mind that Kazuki probably started wrestling in twenty two thousand and three or something. I don't know when she was four months olders, I don't know so, but but that's still pretty old. She's still pretty old for when you look at the uh, look at the roster and stardom, I mean, that's a Poy is retiring on January third, at the age of thirty one. Yeah.
Speaker 7: She debuted in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think she did you at the same time in the same year as a Zoomie and Starlight Kid. Keep in mind Starlight Kid at a Zoomie or still I think they're twenty four and they started they were wrestling at twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: You know, So yeah, you know this is this is something I love for a younger talent and and something very special to AW. I think they AW puts younger people in a position to be able to do this. I I was kind of down on Julia. I thought her her striking was just kind of lackluster, and I thought she was getting passed up by basically the entire roster. I agree, and watching her confidence in the five Star is absolutely changing my mind on her. I think I think she's realizing that this is a contact sport, you know, because before I think she was maybe a little afraid to make contact. And you know, AW doesn't have I mean they have ro o h, but we don't have an NXT, so why not send you know, Julia Harts all those young guys that we don't see on TV, put them in house shows, in in CMLL and stardom and uh, you know the Japanese indie scene. You know, there's so many connections to be made there and so much to learn.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I think, of course you you uh, what's the saying. You grind your teeth, you cut your teeth where you can, but then you're given an opportunity to learn so much more from across the world. And that's the AW veterans we have today. So I want to see this more from AW to give us that next generation. You know, everybody that we talk about banger matches with have had this experience, and you know, I hope, I hope h we don't have a gap in that experience for younger talent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, go ahead, Chris, go ahead.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, I wish AW would send at least one, but ideally two wrestlers or teams for every tournament in New Japan and start.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know it's not so easy because you know, we've got to remember Julia Hart's to fill in for b Priestley. I don't I don't know that CMLO would just take somebody, you know, if they're there to job at some house shows, it still gets in the experience.
Speaker 3: But well, you Hazuki has wrestled a lot in CML out this, you know in the last year.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm more so talking about younger AW talent. You know, like we have Alex Price and Oliver forget his name. I know, the attack team in GCWU the brain, but the bust and the brain, you know, I think that talent sign that you know. I don't know their full indie schedule, but if they get a gap, you know, go to Wallacata, go to Puela, Mexico and just fucking and I'm sorry, just have you know, matches and learn a different style.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know. One thing I will say about the whole thing in stardom right now is that stardom is such a different animal than AW. I mean, AAW is known for brutality, but in many ways, especially the women's division, they straight up beat the crap out of each other at Stardom. The thing is that I mentioned earlier was that Stardom crowds are definitely more quiet. I mean they're absolutely quiet during most of a match. They will ooh and ah and they will clap, but for the most part during a ten minute match, you're gonna have nine minutes of total silence, basically eerie silence, which means when you throw a drop kick or a forearm shiver or a punch, you can't fake it. They land and you hear thuds. Because there's certain things that they do that maybe they do use the thigh slap, but when they're standing toe to toe with each other, there's no thigh slapping. They are beating the crap out of each other. They just have to know how to take how to throw the punch, and they have to know how to take it because they get you know, their upper chest and you know and shoulder, you know, between the neck and the upper chest. They get brutalized during during the matches, and these are they're thuds. I mean literally here go ahead.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, I've been lucky enough to go to a Saturday show at ANCLO in Mexico City and the heat, the absolute just you think Don Kallas gets a tough time on the MIC. I mean, the Mexican fans and the design of that building. It's the Saturday show. It I guess it's a little more of a house show, but it's just as important. I saw jets beed there a couple months ago, and you know the at the time, the baby is the babyfaces, and I mean this crowd was relentless to them. I think that's just as for performing for a quiet Japanese crowd. I think it's just as important as performing for a absolutely rabid.
Speaker 3: Mexican Generating the proper heat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's that's invaluable experience for a younger wrestler.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean if they if people want to cheer you or cheer you, you got to give them a reason to do it. And if you're not getting the jeers or the cheers, then you're failing. Yeah. So anybody else, So any opinions on Azuki in aw and Julia Hart and stardom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would jump in because Chris, you can watch Julia on YouTube on the stardom startom paid because this is where I found her matches on the ground prex and I've discovered a new form of what's the term joshi.
Speaker 6: So I love this, I really do. And I'm so so happy for Julia. I think she's gonna do great. I've seen the three matches that she has done and she's fantastic. Over there and everybody that isn't that tournament. I don't know anything about them, and I'm just seeing a whole new bunch of women wrestlers in Japan, So this is really cool.
Speaker 4: And Azuki, oh my gosh. I fell in love with her the moment I saw her in a w and I became a fan.
Speaker 6: I did not watch the match against Mercedes, and I know that.
Speaker 4: I should, but sign me up. I wanted Zucchi a w asap.
Speaker 3: Please do yourself a favor, Bell if you haven't done it, to start them. I think the Stardom World is a YouTube channel that just started. They put the entire match. I don't know if you saw. I don't know if you okay, but I.
Speaker 4: Saw I saw Julia's matches there on the YouTube.
Speaker 3: That's that's That's that startum Official. Startom World did have the entire five star GP from a few nights ago. They put the entire entire thing on there. But if you haven't seen the match, if you want to fall in love with women's wrestling knowing nothing at all about these wrestlers, go watch Saya Kamatani versus tam Nakano from the from the what was it dream No All Star All Star Grand Queendom from last April. I can't watch that match. I can't. I cannot watch that match and not get emotional. It's I've watched it twenty times and I missed up every time. In the Stardom g Stardom World on YouTube has that entire match up in its entirety from the entrances, the absolutely stunning entrances until just the most emotional match throughout and the ending, and it was the last match in the pay per view and how they entered the pay per view was absolutely brilliant. This match is how I believe as far as women's matches go, and it is the gold standard of any women's match. How to do a production. Maybe not as far as maybe the match itself you could find just as good, but as far as from the beginning to the end, the production, the emotion, the intensity cannot be beat. Go watch Saya Kamatani versus Tam Decano from the All Star Grand Queendom of twenty twenty five. It's absolutely brilliant. And I will say this, remember Julia Hart is the Artist's Stardom Champion with Techlin sky Blue, now the Techlan is not the world champion. Don't be shocked. Don't be shocked if you have the triangle madness against neogenesis or cosmic angels at all in in a match at all in for the artists' starting championship, and I think stardom deserves it and I would love to see it.
Speaker 7: I would be very happy about that. It's techinitely. If it's not made into it threat, this seems less and less likely.
Speaker 3: Well, look to wrap things up because we're going a quite long but it's been a fun conversation again. Join the aw fan hub subreddit live chat for Grand Slam Mexico. The chat is already up. You go on the subreddit, you'll see the chat box right there, or if you go onto Everything Pro Wrestling Hub discord Server. The links to both will be in the description of this video or audio. If you do watch it on or listen to it on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, iHeartRadio, whatever, Apple, We're on Amazon Music, Audible, so you'll be listening. You'll be able to listen to that. If you're listening on that, just look at the description or the profile. You'll see the links at the Everything Pro Wrestling Hub subreddit. I mean a discord that it's in the Grand Slam Mexico Live channel. Okay, so that's it, guys, thank you for a really great show.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it and had some laughs, and I think we had a pretty good discussion tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was fun. I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. Well, anyway, we will be back next week Tuesday night. We will be back for Ignition eight forty five Eastern time. We'll probably be talking about the Continental Challenge Cup, but probably a little bit more at length because those first six matches will be done on Collision, so we'll have a lot to talk about. See you in advances and on some other aw hot topics. So until then, this is Kelson. Good night everybody, Good night, Kenny, good night, Good good night Eddie. We love you Eddie Kingston. Right, Chris