Speaker 1: Your morning news gets me ready for the day at all day in.
Speaker 2: Fault and check in throughout the day. Fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven five Here at fifty five KRCV talkstation. Happy Friday Eve to you, extra special day for me on a heels of Brigham account and talking energy policy. Orlando Sanza the best choice possible. You do have a choice when it comes election. Orlando happens to be like my favorite candidate of all offices running across the great United States of America. Demonstrably superior background, record, credentials, capabilities and thoughts and ideas for America. Welcome back to the fifty five krc Morning Show. Find him online and support him. Orlandossanza dot com. Good to have you back, Orlando, Brian.
Speaker 2: Always great to be on. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Doing a lot of door knocking lately, are you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Hey, we're not letting up. We're five days out right, so we are knocking on every door, pounding the ground.
Speaker 1: And I understand from the reporting people receive you quite well. They love hearing about your background. I love how you've been emphasizing your obligations to your family, putting your family first. As all great people should do home by dinner every night in spite of your heavy workload campaigning or ORLANSO and of course your obligations to the since veterans. That's a good thing though. You're keeping you're staying grounded and looking out for what matters most and setting a great example by doing that.
Speaker 2: All right, Listen, that's all I know. I mean, that's where my priority lives. It's to my family, my wife of now going on almost twelve years, and our four awesome kids under the age of ten. That's where my priority lives. It's just shocking that we are moving more and more away from putting family first. And at the end of the day, that's exactly why I'm running. I'm serving them, and by serving them, I'm serving my community. By serving I'm serving my country. So it's a call to service. It's my duty to do so well.
Speaker 1: And one thing, you know, as obviously a responsible member of a family unit, you've got to maintain and properly deal with a family budget. You and I don't have access to printing presses, nor do any of my listeners, so we have to mind our dollars and cents. Some are better than others. But in the final analysis, one of the biggest issues for everyone stating the obvious is the insane inflation. And I know, and I wanted to get your ideas on this because as I've been thinking about, I hear what Donald Trump says and I hear what Kamala Harris doesn't say. One of the critical things that can be addressed to deal with the realities of inflation. First off, obviously can shut the printing press off. But moving away from that, lowering the price of fuel, we can do that by drilling and refining more. Of course, this administration has no absolutely zero motivation to do any of that. They're running as far away from petroleum products as possible, taking away even our gas stoves and the like. But if diesel was cheaper, if gasoline was cheaper, the next price of goods and services are goods rather would necessarily decrease because the cost of shipping things back and forth would go down.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly right. And you know, I was just talking to an engineer within Hamilton County about, you know, the new kind of outfit for the Brent Spence Bridge project, and you said that it's actually delayed, not because of any sort of planning. But look at the cost the rise of costs when it comes to supply chain, when it comes to transportation, and with that also comes the rising cost of fuel. I mean, when you have to transport goods over from across the country to Ohio to do big projects like the Brent Spence Bridge, the cost of fuel comes as a factor. And you don't want to delay these critical important infrastructure projects because of the rising cost of goods and also energy, And so what do you do with that? I mean, it comes down to good policy out of Washington that we had the opportunity in the last four years to do, but haven't seen that actually come out of Washington because of the failed leadership in both the Biden Harris administration and then Congress. My opponent included in that they don't want to lower energy costs and they certainly don't want to lower our utility costs for those families that are doing the hard work of trying to put food on the table and keep the lights on. There was a bill, it was the first HR one. It was the Lower Cost Energy Act of twenty twenty three that would have significantly reduced the cost of energy unleashed American energy, cut the bureaucratic red tape and lower those costs for the American people. They failed to do that. The Biden Harris administration failed to lead from the front. Like I always say, Republicans got the message. There was a common sense bill that they passed in the House. My opponent, of course, voted no on that common sense energy bill. But that's exactly the problem that we have. We need to restore leadership again, both in the White House and in Congress to pass these common sense bills that will actually help the American people well.
Speaker 1: And in lieu of something sensible that would help all Americans by lowering energy prices. With that bill, you this reference. We got this so called Inflation Reduction Act, which is anything but pumping in an additional trillions of dollars into an already over water down monetary supply, but also mandating things like you know, electric charging station building, but also the idea that they're shoving electric semis down our throat. No one thinks the'll work. Again, going back to my conversation with Gowon on this, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but they weigh so much more, they can carry so much less. In terms of freight bridges might have to be rebuilt to handle the additional weight those things have, and they don't go very far compared to a diesel lungeon. I talk about increasing the price of goods and services. Yeah, it's going to require triple the number of trucks on the road to carry the exact same current amount of products.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. And you know you touched on another critical point, Brian, It's that this extreme nonsensical idea that the way to fix this hyperinflationary environment is to basically just pour gasoline onto the fire and continue to spend spend, spend out of the federal government and print money does not help. It passes all common sense. It doesn't take a CPA to understand that the way that you reduce the inflationary environment is to actually cut government spending. Mean, look, it was my opponent that his very first position when we faced impending government shut down last this time last year, was siding with the Democrat to raise the national debt ceiling with zero cuts in government spending. How in the world are you going to fix the problem of our inflationary environment with prices continue to go high by pouring gasoline on the fire and just continue to spend, spend, spend, Again, our federal government needs to be smaller, not bigger. We don't need to be printing money into oblivion and then just jacking up prices to do that. So again, it's common sense policy positions like actually cutting government spending, reducing the size of government, unleashing American energy that we're actually going to see prices go down and also create more competition in the marketplace. I mean, the more the federal government tries to step in and through their bureaucracy, their overbloated government bureaucracy, dictate to every single industry how to do ABC and xyz, that is not how you create a free market environment that's going to allow the market to actually compete and then bring prices down. As inflation goes down, we need to actually also bring prices down. We can't just bring inflation down and keep prices high. We've got to bring inflation down and actually reduce prices. The only way to do that is to cut bureaucratic red tape and create a more competitive environment. That's what we're going to do when we take back.
Speaker 1: To c you know, and just pointing all that out our lensing, you illustrated the definition of fascism, which is what the Democrats are controlling the means of production. They are the ones that want to tell every business out there what they can and cannot do, what they have to regulate, how many carbon offset credits they got to buy or whatever, micromanaging every element of business, which creates a level of additional bureaucracy within every business that requires manpower or work effort and dollars be spent on areas that have nothing to do with the efficient running of any business. It's an extra layer that takes away from profit and reduces the ability of a business to expand and hire new people for allout work that actually generates profit.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. Listen, there's a threefold problem set here, Brian. Number one is that inflation is high. Number two, prices are going to continue to stay high if we don't fix the policies out of Washington. Number three, though, is that we have to make sure that the American people and small business owners especially keep more of their hard earned money in their pocket and don't just send it to Washington again. Because they've clearly shown us how they manage their piggy bank, and the more money is going out than actually is coming in. So how do you actually keep more money in the pocket of Americans? Listen, it's through good, smart tax policy. And again this is coming from a CPA that understands that good tax policy leads to good social and economic policy. The Tax Cuts and Jobs AC provisions of twenty seventeen that every American has benefited greatly from our set to sunset and expire in twenty twenty five if Congress does not renew it. I've committed on day one we're going to renew the Tax Cuts and Jobs back to twenty seventeen. My opponent has not. He's already committed to not renewing it. What does that mean for the American people, Brian? I mean this talk that, oh, it just helps billionaires and multi million dollar corporation. No, those Tax Cuts and Jobs ACS means you're either going to keep getting your two thousand dollars per child tax credit or it's going to go down to only one thousand per child if it's not renewed. That's the difference of whether your standard deduction is going to stay at twenty four thousand dollars married filing jointly, or it's going to be sliced in half to twelve thousand if they don't get renewed. And then for every small business owner that's listening, look, that is the difference of whether you're going to continue to get your twenty percent Qualify business income tax deduction twenty percent or whether it's going to be zero if they don't get renewed. And it's telling Brian that the largest advocacy group in the country for independent small business owners, NFIB, has endorsed us in this race for Congress, and not our opponent who sits on the Small Business Committee in Congress. Now that's help.
Speaker 1: That's actually an awesome point, Orlando. And moving over, of course, the printing press results in obligations and debt service. Debt service in the country fast approaching one trillion dollars a year. That's the interest on our credit card bill, which of course takes away money from other perhaps arguably necessary plans. I mean, everybody's got a wishless Orlando left has one, You have one, we all have one, but it usually takes resources and they're a finite amount of dollars going in and a finite number of dollars that you can spend as long as you're not running the printing press. They keep running that press. Our debt service goes up so much now that it's more than an American military and that's what I wanted to pivot on military readiness. I'm very worried about it. And since you served your country proudly as a West Point crowd and then on into military service. We're running out of critical munitions because we keep selling them all to Ukraine and of course Israel. Those things are expensive, those missile defense systems, and the country, the company that makes them a couple of million dollars apiece, can only manufacture three hundred a year. We blew through one hundred of them just fighting the Huthis in their missile launches over to keep the shipping going. It's an unsustainable thing.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not only unsustainable. It's sending the message though to the rest of the world that America is being perceived as weaker and weaker by the day. And it really starts at the top, is that you've got failed leadership again in the commander in chief, in the Biden Harris administration for the last four years. They have contributed to this perception that America is weaker, not just on the global stage, but militarily specifically. And then you with the fact that we've got a problem right now, a twofold problem in our military. Number one is that it's low recruitment. No one wants to join the military because the brass at the top wants to make the military look a lot more like mainstream America that you watch on TV, instead of focusing on the war fighting mission that I was always committed to as a US Army Infantry officer. My wife Jessica, you know, Brian as a fellow West Point grad, also served her country as a US Army officer. Is the war fighting mission is to keep the American people safe by having a lethal military that is ready to engage our enemies across the globe at any moment in time. But you have to have a military that is agile, lethal, and ready to act in moments notice to do that. Instead, what you've seen is an atrophy in the military. We actually have the smallest military in decades, you know, and that's a problem when we see all the these global conflicts that you talk about, whether it's in Europe or EuroAsia or in the Middle East. I mean, we could have global conflict pop off in any moment's notice, and our military needs to be ready to do that, both resource wise, personnel wise, equipment wise, munitions wise. And so we've got to restore that leadership again in the military to understand and bring back the war fighting mission from the top all the way down. We still have a lot of our classmates, a lot of our good friends that are still active duty field trade officers right now, and they're telling us that, look, there's still very much a commitment of service and duty that is down on the ground level, on the lines, but it's at the top and they're just taking their marching orders the brass at the top from the leadership, the politicians that right now have control of this administration, and we need to make sure that we kick them out and bring back good, solid, true military leadership again from the top.
Speaker 1: And you'll get that support if you elect Orlando Sonza a better choice. Please please help them out. Get in there and vote, vote early and or vote on election day. But regardless, vote Orlando Sansa again. Find them online Orlandossanza dot com. My best to your better half Orlando, and thank you for spending time with my listeners. I wish you all the luck in the world, and I hope we get to talk after the election about well representative elect Orlando Sanse Take care of my friend. Best of luck, brother. I'll be looking forward to some good news when I wake up on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Brian, thanks so much. Onward to victory.
Speaker 1: Take care amen my friends. Seven twenty one fifty five cares of thetalk station don't go away. We got plenty more to talk about it after I mentioned Chimney care fireplaces. So because you need to take care of your safety, please do that. I'm a great example of well, someone who might have had faced a tragedy because my old firebox, the original Builder special, was dangerous and an inspection revealed that had no idea used to use that thing all the time. And I guess I'm lucky that I didn't burn my house down or something, because I got the look I got from jeffki For when he was over looking at my fireplace was one of grave concern. So I quit using and I had him put in a brand new fireplace, insert new lining everything. It's gorgeous. It's so much better. Looking just to start with, but it's so much better in terms of everything it's got you can do that. Have the fireplace insert installed. Maybe you don't want one like I got. I have a gas fireplace. Get a self feeding wood waste pellet insert really efficient and tons of heat. That's an option you always wanted a free standing stove, have them installed one before winter time comes. But make sure you have your chimney inspected, whether it's connected to a free stander or in your standard chimney firebox. Could be soot build up that can catch on fire, could be water damage up there. They can correct that, relining cap and damper replacement, build you a brand new chimney and fireplace. They do it all aplus with the Better Business Bureau. Chimneycareco. Dot com is where you find them online. The number and please tell me, Brian said, having you call for the UH for the safety inspection five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. That's five one three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.