Speaker 1: Eight thirty two in the morning, Kevin brdon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KRC, the talk station. I want to welcome to the program Lindy Zimbrotz. She is the executive director of care Net Northern Kentucky and I had an opportunity this past Monday to tour their cold Spring facility and what a great organization. I'm glad that I've found you over the years from a mutual friend of ours, and I truly believe this is an organization is doing great work in the area for anybody that is finding what they refer to as a pregnancy or well anyway, Letty you explain better than I do about your organization.
Speaker 2: Well, we're a christ centered organization that meets people where they are when they're facing pregnancy. We offer support before, during, and after that unplanned pregnancy, and during that time we uplift the sactity of human life. And we have three centers in Northern Kentucky. We offer a pregnancy test, an ultrasound, and then we provide any of the services that they would need beyond that, such as parenting education classes, great relationships classes, looking at adoption, or even helping them to plan, you know, for the new for the new baby they bring into into this world.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, and that is call it crisis pregnancy centers. But this is when somebody is is pregnant and there they are in a a I guess a panic situation for lack of a better term. There aren't the options for them. There are too many people that want to push the one particular option, and that is abortion. But they don't realize that how many people out their care as you just described, all the services that you provide, and how many things that you can do not only through the pregnancy, but after the pregnancy and follow up and making sure even to the extent of adoption and so on. And the fact that some of these organizations, like Planned Parenthood, they take people in the most vulnerable period of time and just give them one option and try to force something down their throat where years later or months later, weeks later, they may say, what the hell did I do? That was the worst decision I ever made. And to take somebody who's vulnerable and prey upon that vulnerability, I think, well, is criminal in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yes it is. And the fact that they don't help and helping them pick the pieces up or provide healing for that situation. They just deny that there would be any emotional turmoil after choosing to end the life of your own child. We do provide a post abortion healing and we work with women who have you know, undergone and experienced abortion and we help provide healing to them. And we're very compassionate because we know many of these women often find themselves they've had an abortion, now they wish to carry a pregnancy, and when they begin to look at the fetal development during their pregnancy, then they're hit, you know, right in the face with the fact that they've ended the life of their child because they did not they weren't provided that information. So we're there to offer them all of the information about their options. And what we see is when we provide that information to them, they will choose life ninety percent of the time.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we need to take quick break here, but I just do want to mention this is the fact that you know, when somebody, you know, I don't I don't know how somebody wouldn't have a situation that if they end a pregnancy, that they know when the possible due date was or at least approximately when they see newborns, when they see a one year old, a two year old, a three year old, four year old after their abortion, how that can't affect them at some point in time, whether it's immediate or whether it's down the road. There's got to be some mental problems with that, or some guilt or whatever. And the one thing I would stress more than anything else is that anybody that has had an abortion, if you are thinking in terms of this, if you are being stressed by this, if you are feeling depressed about this, speak to somebody. Go out find the compassion and people like Carnet to speak to, because they are not going to judge, they are there to help. And of course my guest is Lindy zimbro She is the executive director here in Northern Kentucky. We'll pick this up on the other side of the break. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the talk station eight forty one in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs the talk station, speaking with her on the phone, and my guest, Lindy Zembroch is Zembroch. She is executive director of Northern Kentucky Cairnet and again during the facility there on Monday, was a big pleasure learning about all the services that you provide. And thanks for hanging with us. Certainly appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Kevin.
Speaker 1: You've got a banquet coming up on May the eighth. There's still some availability or open spots possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have a few spots. We're down to the last minute planning, but if we have cancelations, we're able to work people in. So someone's entertd in attending the banquet, they just contact us online at CARNETNKY dot org and they can submit, you know, a request. We have a waiting list right now, but we have over eight hundred. Yeah, we have over eight hundred guests that attend. It is to sit down dinner. It is a fundraiser, and we will be hearing from one of our clients that evening that's experienced care Net who is now an employee at care Net and works with us.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're so glad to have her. She's bilingual and she's able to help us with German, also Spanish. But we're we're going to feature her because you know, she's she's a single mom and she's experienced it on both ends and now she's there to help other people. But we do have some spots and this, like I said, this is a fundraiser, and if you can't get in, go to care nky dot org and help us with some of the things on our wish list. All of our programs are incentivized, so after someone makes a decision to carry a pregnancy, and they weren't expecting, of course, to carry a pregnancy, there's a lot of work that needs to be done to help them be ready to welcome a child into their home, everything from teaching them about their pregnancy. For fathers, we also have a fatherhood program, but we want to walk alongside of them. They're assigned a mentor. It's a mentoring program and they earn items as they go through the program. They'll earn diapers, they are a safety item, which is a car seat in a baby bed. So you know, these programs can be costly, and what's really great is the community of people step up because they want to see people succeed and overcome and be able to provide for their children. And what we do is try to help establish a family unit that's very stable. And then from there, you know, we help the workforce too, so you know, it's just a win win for everyone. We don't want to see people continue to be poverty stricken, so we're there to cheer lead them for higher education, for trade school and just you know, job placement. But we also we want to be there to provide the nurturing and the bonding that they need to learn how to initiate to the children.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Now, one of the things you mentioned when I was there on Monday that you mentioned that you have people that are fluent in Spanish and you said that there is a need in your organization for people that speak French that could possibly volunteer some time and volunteer.
Speaker 2: We actually have one paid position open to okay, who are yeah for our French speaking We need some help with some translation, and also you know, it's it's just a great way to help the populations that we see within a certainly certainly a call out to anybody that has some time and that could possibly either volunteer or looking for a paid position to do some of this translation, because we certainly want to get that position filled.
Speaker 1: But if anybody is interested in donating or at least learning about the organization and learning about what you do. The website would be again.
Speaker 2: Care net nky dot org.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I would encourage anybody that, at any stage, if you have, if you have kids, learn about this organization. Let your kids be familiar with this organization, because you never know when you might need this organization. And it certainly beats the alternative. And when you talk about I mean, I just heard a comment the other day when they're talking about this immigration and people being deported and so on, somebody made the comment that, well, just think somebody that was deported, that may be the person that becomes the scientist that cures cancer or that has this. Oh really, well, what about the number of children that have been aboarded since nineteen seventy three? How about how many of those were scientists and possibly could have been productive. How many of them would have been productive members of society. So I don't want you know, it's just ah, all this stuff, and I just it just infuriates me.
Speaker 2: Well, we know that through our ultrasound program, we know that we've been able to rescue over two thousand and seventy six children from the hands of abortion and we know that the parents that had those children were invited and equipped to be the best parents possible or to make an adoption plan.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and I think one of the biggest and the best tools that you have is somebody coming in there and doing the ultrasound, because when you look at the at the graphic, when you see with the ultrasound and realize that as early as seven weeks there is a heartbeat.
Speaker 2: Well that we can actually see that at six weeks in five days thereabouts. Yeah, then we can bring those women in early for that ultrasound and providing that type of service also connects them into that early ob care so that they're actually getting you know, getting the care that they need health wise, so that they're getting their prenatal vitamins early, will start them out with their prenatal vitamins. Fantastic you to really help them with that pregnancy.
Speaker 1: Lenny, thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I hope, well, I know, I'll see you at the banquet on the eighth, May eighth, it's a Thursday, and uh looking forward to seeing you and seeing all the great and the other people that are there and the other services that are available. It's a wealth of knowledge, and I think it's well worth everybody's attention to attend and to get more information about your organization.
Speaker 2: So thank you for Kevin, have a blessed, have a blessed good Friday.
Speaker 1: You do the same, our guest, Lindy Zumbroke, Executive Director, Karen net Northern Kentucky. Phone numbers five, one, three, seven four, and I will probably try to squeeze in a few phone calls before the top of the hour. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, The
Speaker 2: Talk station fifty five KRC