Speaker 1: Km I AM six forty. You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand on the iHeartRadio app Crush.
Speaker 2: We're we're a week out for Christmas. You've got to take down your tree, you got to take down your lights, and you can't play Christmas music anymore.
Speaker 3: That's the rule.
Speaker 4: Dang it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, Sorry, sorry, got that.
Speaker 2: Chris Maryland from O Kelly listened to any Time on demand of the iHeart Radio p KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Pleasure being with you. Boy. We are off to a hell of us start twenty twenty five, aren't we?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 2: It took until a three fifteen New Orleans time? What is is New Orleans East Coast marked?
Speaker 3: You know? Are they eastern central Coast? Are they sent Central coast? So right now? Yeah, so they're two hours the So it.
Speaker 2: Was one fifteen hour time when that when that truck barreled through everybody in New.
Speaker 3: Orleans, I believe.
Speaker 2: So all right, yes, I'd like to just kind of pause and rewind for you know, maybe we just do a due over.
Speaker 3: Can we just do it again? And how about everybody that was all sided?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I can't wait to put this year behind us next year is gonna be great.
Speaker 2: It took less than two hours, less than three hours, I guess for people.
Speaker 6: There and for those who don't know I me and Chris, I sent you that thing about New Year's and it's like, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: Every year, there's always that one person. There's somebody's got to screw things up for us, right every year? So ridiculous? Are those are the party poopers?
Speaker 3: In this case?
Speaker 2: It sounds like it might have been a terrorist, especially because he had an Iceis flag and new truck, so that sounds very terror re and and maybe not even working alone, because now they're saying there may have been IED's planted around there in New Orleans as well.
Speaker 3: This was a ABC on their report.
Speaker 7: Investigators are reviewing this video of that deadly French Quarter terror attack.
Speaker 3: It shows a moment.
Speaker 7: The suspect drove a pickup truck around safety barriers and then plowing into a crowd of people celebrating the New Year. This just before he was killed in a shootout with police. To get her say, forty two year old shamsud Din Jabbar, that was him, a US citizen, an Army veteran born in Texas was behind the wheel.
Speaker 2: Okay, but he's got a funny sounding name. So you just wait because the crazies are going to come out. The crazies are going to say he wasn't an American, Oh, yes he was. He was born in Texas. Doesn't get any more american Er than that. But doesn't matter. He had a funny sounding name. People are going to say. You know, they're going to use this to make hey with whatever their pet peeve is with America.
Speaker 7: Today, an I's flag along with guns and explosives found with that pickup truck, and we're learning Jabbar spent a decade in the military before becoming a realtor in the Houston area. We're also starting to get a clearer picture of some of the victims as relatives come forward to identify them. At least fifteen people have been killed, with dozens more injured. Meanwhile, the Sugar Bowl, being held a mile away at the Superdome is now postponed until tomorrow. Moments ago from President Biden, he spoke from Camp David.
Speaker 3: All right, so this is obviously a couple hours old.
Speaker 8: My hearts are the people of New Orleans after despicable attack that occurred in early morning hours. To all the families of those were killed, to all those are injured, to all the people of Knowlens, we're grieving.
Speaker 3: To Oh, I like that, he said, knowledge.
Speaker 8: To all the people of Knowleds.
Speaker 3: Oh, he said it like a local.
Speaker 8: We're grieving today. I want you to know I agrieve with you. Our nation grieves with you. We're going to stand with you as you mourn and as you heal in the weeks to come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that isn't start.
Speaker 2: Contrast to what he had out on his social media is this morning, By the way, did you catch the grief that Joe Biden is going through?
Speaker 3: People are like your heart less?
Speaker 2: Ten o'clock Eastern this morning, he posted something about, hey, happy New Year, folks. Yeah, that was I don't think Joe Biden got up and started posting on x. That's a social media manager who had pre programmed and timed that. You know, they scheduled the post, and I'm positive that's what happened. We've seen this happen before. It happened with Trump in the past too, where they scheduled the post ahead of time and then something happens in the interim between the time it's scheduled and the time that it goes live and then all of a sudden the lambasted for being tone deaf.
Speaker 6: It kind of remins you, Chris, when you go back to the nineties that actors got blamed for how bad the episodes were for television shows because you know, no one knew how how much work went into you know, writers and producers and all that stuff, and that's kind of I think what happened here.
Speaker 2: Yet, well, it's social media that I mean, it's a social media manager that did it.
Speaker 3: But you know Biden didn't have anything to do with it, no, he nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Or how about those times that a show will air right after something horrible will happen, So it'd be like if NCIS was airing something and it had to do with a terror attack and it was already you know, it's already in the hopper and ready to roll, and then they air it. I mean, we've seen network scramble because of the mistakes that have been made in the past, because it's like, listen, there was no way that anybody was gonna know that this.
Speaker 3: You can't project something, oh of course not. But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: We we like to jump all over people and criticize him and don't tell me cancel. Culture only comes from one side, No, because we want to point the finger at somewhat. Oh it makes us feel better about ourselves somebody. Yeah, it's like the cop I saw today. They didn't use his blinker when he was turning into the seven eleven. Now that made me mad. I thought, you know what, you would have pulled me over for that, giving you an excuse to stop me. I wanted to follow him right in there and be like, oh, you said it, you said a BMW driving.
Speaker 3: No it's not, but I'm pretty sure it has a blinker on it. But I thought I would just avoid the hats.
Speaker 7: Investigators are now calling through the suspects life, trying to track down all leads to any known associates.
Speaker 9: ABC's Christian Cordero is in New Orleans and brings us the breaking details David Gravanna.
Speaker 10: This was right around the time when Notre Dame and Georgia fans were supposed to be flooding this area around the super Dome. Instead, gates are closed. New Orleans famed Bourbon Street now a crime scene as the FBI investigates what they're calling a terror attack on New Year's Day, federal officials identifying the suspect as forty two year old shamsud Din Jabbar, a US born citizen from Texas and an Army veteran.
Speaker 3: Police we should deport him anyway. You should have been deported. You had a funny name. Police say.
Speaker 10: He rammed a rented pickup truck into a crowned people on Bourbon Street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he rented that on Turo. You ever used Turo? I've only used it once, but I had a good experience. Turo's like Airbnb for cars. You use somebody else's you pay them.
Speaker 3: To borrow their car. What car did you get?
Speaker 2: I needed a pickup truck to move some stuff, oh night set into any fun stuff, and a lot of people rent like you know, I've always wanted to drive a portion nine to eleven, so they'll do that. Yeah, but no, that's I think you're reasoning. That's that's probably the best reason to use something like that. Yeah, yeah, it was. You don't want to pick a truck with the gas mileage? No all the time? No, And it was cheaper than renting the thing from home depot for an hour. You know, I think I think I paid seventy five dollars for a day and home depots seventy five dollars for the first hour.
Speaker 10: There you go, just after three am, driving three blocks before crashing, then getting out and firing at police with an assault rifle. Officials say two officers were hurt before police shot and killed the suspect, and witnesses describe the scene as grewsome.
Speaker 5: What we saw was insanity. I mean something out of a movie. The graphic nature of it, and oh man, it was unbelievable. Can you imagine being horrible? Absolutely horrible.
Speaker 2: I actually had a friend that was staying at the hotel right next to this, and he's in a text chain with a group of friends of ours, and he had been posting about how he was in New Orleans and he he always sends us pictures of the alcohol he's drinking and and what he and his new fiancee are doing. He's going through a massive midlife crisis. So we were, you know, everybody was checking in on him. Are you okay? Yeah, that actually happened right outside of my window. Whoo can you even imagine? Just the horror didn't bother him. He slipped through it. He just figured it was, you know, fireworks or something. He heard the gunshots and he thought New Orleans here the fireworks or gunshots.
Speaker 3: It's one of the other.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, there was another truck that exploded thousands of miles away in front of the.
Speaker 3: Trump Hotel. We'll tell you what that was about.
Speaker 2: Also, there is a they're looking to see if there's any connection with this other truck that exploded.
Speaker 3: However, we do know that there is one similarity.
Speaker 11: You're listening to later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty foosh.
Speaker 2: Is that one of those top downloaded songs, one of the big ones that you were tell me about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, so, okay, program program note, okay, everyone pulling back the machineating the scenes.
Speaker 3: I wanted to do.
Speaker 6: I wanted to do every stream song from every month of this year. Unfortunately it was like four songs. Oh really, this wasn't one of them. I just heard it like a couple of weeks ago. I guess it's featured on the show on Netflix. Perfect couple.
Speaker 2: So you know, everyone looking at you know I I'm going through a big debate in my head about Netflix. We'll talk more about that a little bit later on. Yeah, I'm I'm really torn on the whole Netflix thing. Content is king, right, That's what we hear in radio. That's the way it isn't streaming too. Content is king.
Speaker 3: That's what I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So New Orleans they have this this crazy dude, American citizen with a funny name. So he sounds like he had become an accolade of ISIS. He had NICUs flag, drove through a crowd of people, killed fifteen people, horrible, horrible scenario, gets out and shoots it out with the cops. So I don't think he I don't think he started that journey expecting to come back alive. I mean, his whole thing was I'm gonna kill as many people as I can. Carnage was the goal, right, And so the guy he did what he set out to do, and that was just to randomly kill people. And it sounds like we could be looking at an international terrorist kind of situation here. Not a great way to start to start.
Speaker 3: The new year. Then if we flip and we go to.
Speaker 2: Las Vegas, there was a vehicle that exploded in Las Vegas right in front of the Trump Hotel there. It was a Tesla cyber truck that exploded killed one person, several people injured. Sounds like the person that was killed was the person that was in the truck.
Speaker 4: Also, following breaking news out of Las Vegas from ABC, police and fire officials are now investigating a fire and explosion at Trump Las Vegas. They say it happened in a car that a driver pulled into a valet area there and the vehicle exploded. Our Justice reporter Alex Mellon has the latest on that sort of the now, saying about what happened here in Vegas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks a lot.
Speaker 12: That's true, Diana. It's actually Alex Stone here.
Speaker 2: I love Alex Stone. Ah, that's a pleasant surprise there.
Speaker 12: And Las Vegas law enforcement they breathed a moment ago saying that they don't have a lot of answers yet on what this was. It was around eight forty this morning, this call came in of an explosion at the Trump Tower Hotel. They know a cyber truck pulled up right to the glass entrance doors. Smart smoke started coming from the vehicle and then it exploded. Now they don't know if this was intentional. They don't know if it was something wrong with the vehicle or something that was in the vehicle that the sheriff saying that they believe everything is safe at this point, but they're looking for if it was malicious, what the intention was. They don't know any of that yet, Diane.
Speaker 4: And they say they're treating it as an intentional criminal act in the meantime, So what does that do for the investigation, Alex.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, they say, based on what's going on in New Orleans and they have to begin looking at it that way. Not knowing what this was. They've got injured, seven bystanders that have minor injuries. They are taking this slow, but the sheriff saying, we don't know what we don't know, but saying that they do believe that the threat is over and that the community is now safe. The FBI is part of the investigation, is looking into it. They are trying to understand what the incident was or was not, but that the indicators are there of a vehicle pulling up, smoke begins to come out of it, and then an explosion. The person inside the vehicle was killed. They don't know if it was a male or a female yet, but a lot they still have to figure out.
Speaker 2: Now Elon Musk has said it wasn't my truck, because obviously when you have an exploding Tesla, people just assume that the battery is bad. So Elon Musk then tweeted that he is confirmed. He said that he has confirmed that the explosion was caused by a very large firework and or bomb carried in the bed of the rented cyber truck, unrelated to the vehicle himself, so he immediately came out to say it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't the Tesla, It wasn't the Tesla.
Speaker 2: There there is a similarity between this and what happened in New Orleans in that this vehicle was also rented via Turo Turo if you missed the first segment. Turo is like the Airbnb for vehicles, where you can basically pay to borrow somebody's card, so.
Speaker 3: That's similar.
Speaker 2: According to law enforcement, the truck was rented via a tur had a tumble of charred fireworks, mortars, canisters, and other explosive devices crowded into the back of the pickup motive. Unclear. We don't know if this was just an accident. We don't know if this was intentional. You have to investigate it like it is but I mean it's New Year's, New Year's Eve, going into New Year's Day, a lot of people of fireworks, a lot of people, you know, doing goofy stuff in a vehicle they're unfamiliar with. We don't know how well it was packed. We don't know if they packed matches next to the fireworks. We just don't know.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 2: Las Vegas sheriff says isolated incident. There's no further threat to the community with that. Of course, they're studying and looking for the connection to anything in New Orleans. Now there's a question about whether or not we're going to get the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth when it comes to what happened in both New Orleans and now what's going on in Las Vegas, in fact, Louisiana.
Speaker 3: Senator I'm Kennedy, who's he's he's a guy. Uh So, he says.
Speaker 2: He's already anticipating that the Feds are going to lie about it and he's going to chase them. All right, Here's here's what Senator John Kennedy said when he was addressing people in New Orleans.
Speaker 13: Here's what I want to ask from the federal government. Catsi's people, Catsi's people.
Speaker 3: Thanks Senator Kennedy.
Speaker 2: Here's what I want to ask, catch them, catch those people, oh this guy.
Speaker 13: And then tell the American people the truth. Now, I don't want you to tell us yet anything is going to interfere with your investigation. And there's things that I've been told that I think are true that I'm not sharing with you today.
Speaker 3: Because it could interfere with their investigation. So you're lying to us.
Speaker 13: But after we get to the bottom of this, I need to tell the American people the truth.
Speaker 2: Why does he assume that we're not going to hear the truth? Would that indicate that what he's been.
Speaker 3: Told is bad? And uh? And uh?
Speaker 2: And that he assumes the FEDS are gonna lie to us about what it is? Is he assuming that there's a big Democratic Party cover up over what's going on?
Speaker 3: I just what is he even talking about?
Speaker 13: And the people knew what was a truth and the people of America true the truth, telling the truth. Thank the mayor and the governor are very wise to postpone this ball game for twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: There's just too much stuff.
Speaker 13: We don't know, and it's it's uh, it's just my mormant. But just my final point is I will promise you.
Speaker 3: This, Oh this is going to be good.
Speaker 13: I will when when it is appropriate and this investigation is complete, you will find out what happened and who was responsible.
Speaker 3: Uh okay, did we think we weren't? Or I will raise fresh tale. Is there a stale hell you could raise?
Speaker 13: And I will chase those in the federal government who are responsible for telling us what happened, like they stole Christmas.
Speaker 2: The federal government is beginning a war on Christmas, and Senator John Kennedy is gonna save it. Oh my gosh, he's like those goofy looking kids in the Grinch. The Grinch is taking everything away from us.
Speaker 3: Big guy is so nutty.
Speaker 2: He's like he's like the the elected version of Pat Robertson, is what he is.
Speaker 3: And he is such a goofball.
Speaker 2: All right, So there's your there's your update on what's happening with the cyber truck disaster and in uh Las Vegas, which I think could have been an accident.
Speaker 3: Obviously, what happened to New Orleans is not an accident. I don't know. Maybe they work coordinated, Maybe it wasn't an accident.
Speaker 2: But if it's not an accident, don't you think that the cyber truck explosion would have been bigger? Wouldn't it have just been some firework mortars? It would have been you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean you're trying to do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I mean there's stuff has not been working correctly. Yeah, as Mark Ronder likes to point out.
Speaker 14: Yeah, not only has there stuff not been working correctly, there were fifteen Tesla recalls in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So if Elon Musk says something, if he tells me the sun's out, I'm opening the window checking for myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, fireworks go off. You know, people do goofy things.
Speaker 2: I think the assumption some people are working with is that it's political because it's the Elon Musk vehicle in front of the Trump Hotel, which, okay, look you've got somebody driving a cyber truck, most overrated vehicle in history, full of fireworks, most testosterone laden celebration in history, in front of Trump Tower, the most projected macho president in history.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not too much to assume that those things.
Speaker 2: Would occur in nature on their own without it being some sort of a plot you know what I mean speaking of electro. He has a message for California and it could cost us billions.
Speaker 11: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 2: Very good, Chris Marriland from O Kelly k I AM six forty listen anytime on demand of the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: I can't keep up with them. I do some of these listen.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of a loser, so I do these little online quizzes like did you keep up with the news this week?
Speaker 3: That kind of thing. Whenever it comes to pop culture, I go, God, I'm old, Like, who who had a brat summer? Like I don't, I don't. I don't know. I don't have any idea the same way yeah, and.
Speaker 2: They're like, it's Charlie XCX, and I got I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know what is the XCX for. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But I was like, well, that's not Roman numerals. If it is, they're doing it wrong. But that's fine, okay. Anyway, I just can't keep up, and I realized this is what happened with my parents.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: My parents were like, I don't what is a soul asylum? I don't know what that is. You know that's my parents. You know what exactly is a Pearl Jam? And I'm come on, Mom, I don't know. I can't keep up.
Speaker 3: I realize I've turned into my parents as I get older. That's what it is.
Speaker 14: I don't think you want to be explaining pearl Jam to your mom exactly now.
Speaker 2: I got to bing that and find out what it really means. I just thought it was a weird name. Yes, bing it, bing it it hard? You gotta bing it, bing it?
Speaker 3: Am I am? I going to bring that got it? You gotta bing it?
Speaker 2: Okay? What give it a thorough banging? What is a pearl Jam?
Speaker 3: Oh boy?
Speaker 2: You know we're on the radio right now too, right? How pearl Jam got their name?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Am I going to get in trouble for this? Only if you say it all out loud? I don't understand that was what's Alice's deal?
Speaker 3: Anyway? Why is Alice all chained up? See? I will not read this on the here? Okay? Very good?
Speaker 6: All right, so pearl Jam will continue in anonymity.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, very good?
Speaker 2: It's mo Yeah, Mom should have known that.
Speaker 3: Tell me to stay away from it. That's what should have happened.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, how about I think Karen Bass might go to prison?
Speaker 3: Is that possible? Does the mayor of l A go to prison? Well?
Speaker 2: Probably not, but if the incoming administration has anything to do with it, yes. According to last hell Turnia southern border along ground zero in the fight between federal and local officials of our immigration policy, is the center of a renewed controversy over how far local leaders can go to protect people from deportation.
Speaker 3: So what we're hearing is that the America.
Speaker 2: First Legal Foundation has identified a number of sanctuary cities, and obviously our sanctuary state, and we could face legal consequences. California Attorney General's Office in Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass sent letters, as was the city of San Diego because they took steps this year to strength and safeguards for undocumented residents. The letter suggests that sanctuary city officials could be simply liable under federal anti racketeering laws.
Speaker 3: So I guess we're going to find Karen Bass as well.
Speaker 2: Trump has pledged to carry out the largest mass deportation campaign in US history. San Diego Board of Supervisors and acting a policy prohibiting law enforcement from communicating with immigration authorities about undocumented people in local jails without a judicial warrant. So now we're gonna have this showdown between California, certain cities in California, and then the federal government, and by god, you do it our way, or we're gonna send you to prison, or we're gonna we're gonna sue you in civil court. This sounds a lot like lawfair to me. Isn't this lawfair? Weren't we told lawfair bad? Or is it law fair? Lawfair bad? If against my team, I see, I see. It's a little bit like when I watch a football game and if it's my team, uh, and somebody touches my wide receiver, I screamed that.
Speaker 3: That was pass interference. Come on, ref? Are you blind?
Speaker 2: And then if if it's their team and the ref throws a flag for pass interference, I go, what are you doing?
Speaker 8: Ref?
Speaker 3: What call it fair? You gotta call it both ways? Why would you do that? That's I barely touched him. It's just football. What's the matter with you?
Speaker 11: Ref?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what it is. So it's okay if it's my team, but it's not okay if it's your team. There we go.
Speaker 2: Law fair is fine as far as the sanctuary cities. Are we going to see prosecution or are we going to play some real hard ball?
Speaker 3: Ooh, this could get exciting.
Speaker 10: Former Homeland Security from My News Nation Department advisor Charles Marino.
Speaker 7: Great to have you here, I am so will it be worth it?
Speaker 3: Boy? He sounds thrilled, doesn't he listen to her? She really sets it up.
Speaker 9: You know, great to have you here.
Speaker 3: Great to have you here. I am Hi. Anne.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's like when I come home from work and I've done something wrong and my wife catches me, but I don't know that she's caught me yet, and I go, hi, babe, how was your day? Yep, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 12: So will it be worth it in the long haul?
Speaker 3: It's quite an investment.
Speaker 2: This is a cracking down on illegal immigration that she's talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, Look, it's going to take a lot of money to clean this mess up. Let's remember we shouldn't be in this position in the first place. This is an issue that in large part costs Democrats the presidential election, as many of us have been saying that it would because of its attachments to the economy, to safety and security, increasing crime.
Speaker 3: So it really did cost them.
Speaker 9: But you know, I think a lot of this money here can be offset.
Speaker 3: If you look at the billions of billions.
Speaker 9: If sanctuary cities don't want to work with ICE, then you know what, they should no longer be receiving federal public safety grants.
Speaker 2: Whoa uh oh, We're going to turn off the spigot of federal funds if you don't do things our way. We're going to hold those funds hostage.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 9: If they want to thumb their nose at public safety and not work with the federal government to provide for that safety and security, then why should federal tax payers continue to funnel money to these cities. So I think this eighty six billion can be offset, and in the long run, I agree with Tom Homan, it will save taxpayers money.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So you hear that, California, you're about to lose all your federal funding, which you pay more into than you take out. Can we can we call uh? Can we just call Pharisees. I'll tell you what. Let's do this. We'll stop sending money to the federal government. Federal government can stop sending money back to California.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with that. I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 6: Well, there's those uh texts and phone calls that come in. They're just like, oh, we'll take care of all of you. Yeah, call call six, two five nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, oh yeah, we'll take care of everything.
Speaker 2: I just think if if the federal government gets to pick and choose whether or not they uh they pay off their obligations based on what the local leadership is doing politically.
Speaker 3: And I understand some of you are going to say.
Speaker 2: But it's violence, national security and safety, and it's all this kind of stuff. If they come through and they start rounding people up and throwing them at camps, it's gonna cost us more money in California because of our agric cultural, or construction, all of these different sectors that rely on the labor. It's going to cost us big Le's gonna cost us big le. So don't you think it's fair that if the federal government gets to pick and choose what obligations they fulfill, that we should be able to pick and choose how much money we send to the federal government. That just seems it seems equitable to me. Otherwise, it's a one way street. Right, federal governments to dictate whatever they want, and the cities have the states have have no recourse. Oh you know what, we actually have a system for this. If the states are doing something that we find to be illegal or unconstitutional, then you would run that through what's the name of that. It's like a court system, but it's on a federal level. What's the name of that. If you if you have an issue and it has something to do with federal law, then you would run that through. God, there's there's a hm. It's a court, but on a federal le. That's right, the federal court system.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's what we could do. That's how it's supposed to play out.
Speaker 2: In fact, I believe that the term is comply and then figure it.
Speaker 3: Out in the courts. Right, yeah, right, there you go.
Speaker 2: Isn't this just kind of like a big instance of big government telling local authorities how to run their cities and states.
Speaker 3: Now, what if we did abortion this way? Right? But we just said, oh but my.
Speaker 2: A as a political leader, I say we should have abortion league won all fifty states and states that don't allow it, Well, we're going to cut off all of their funding. Right, I mean, reproductive rights is a state's issue. Shouldn't the border be a state's issue? It's our border?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's a federal issue. Okay, Right, but we're not. We're not gonna.
Speaker 3: Play this straight like that, are we?
Speaker 2: What about women's rights? Aren't those civil rights? That's a federal issue. The courts had previously ruled that that abortion was a privacy issue. That's a federal issue. No, back to the push and pull between the liberal states and the Republican presidents and the Red states and the Democratic presidents. What if we were to just put up floating razor wire to keep a border patrol out of sanctuary cities?
Speaker 3: What do we just did that razor wire for everybody? Texas did it. It's good for Texas, should be good for us. Right, Oh no, you can't do that. Just drives me nuts, the political nonsense.
Speaker 2: So get ready because twenty twenty five is going to be drama filled d rama. Speaking of d rama, is it time for us to burn all of our American flags and replace them with new ones?
Speaker 11: You're listening to later with Moe Kelly on Demand from KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 2: Former President Trump has set his sights on a couple of very unique targets. It looks like we might have to get rid of the American flag and get ourselves some new ones with more stars.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: But looks like we're gonna be targeting Canada, Panama and Greenland. Wasn't that the Poul Simons? Not you foushe let me go back to Ronner.
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 3: That was the Simon song, wasn't it? What Greenland? I'm going to Greenland, Greenland. I'm going to Greenland.
Speaker 14: You're in the ballpark, but I think it's a little further south. Good material traveling. You're asleep at the wheel.
Speaker 2: On the rim shot for the don't worry about it, give the delayed one.
Speaker 3: So I love this.
Speaker 2: We didn't get a chance to talk about this earlier. I loved the idea of taking over. It's perfect timings everything.
Speaker 3: I love it. We have fun here. I love that. So Trump says he wants Greenland. It's kind of hard to gauge weather.
Speaker 15: And the president is serious about acquiring those sovereign places, especially considering he's using truth social where he's also in between these statements, posting memes and AI generated images. But I will say toward the Panama Canal. This is an act that would take some extraordinary measures, including new bilateral treaties that would rescind what was signed into law under President Carter in the nineteen seventies. As released to Canada, that it's more poking the bear there.
Speaker 3: Because poking the polar bear.
Speaker 15: Donald Trump has been pretty public about his disagreements with.
Speaker 3: Trudeau, plus his wife has a crush on him.
Speaker 15: And then as relates to Greenland, this is obviously a situation where the US has started before with purchasing of that island.
Speaker 2: Didn't he recommend trading Greenland for Puerto Rico? Wasn't that the deal the first time around? Am I confusing those two things? Who can keep track?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Now Puerto Rico doesn't have any power? See what is eighty seven percent of Puerto Rico lost power in.
Speaker 14: New Year's Eve. Yeah they've got it back now. But we know they have paper towels. Well, yeah, we threw those out of them. Yeah, here take this bounty. Yeah, So why Greenland does why does he have a small hand up for Greenland? You know, come to find out there may be a race for the Arctic Circle. The whole Greenland thing as far as national security goes is consider this, Look, I got four years to rip on the guy for the fire hose of chaos we're about to experience, which we know because we had it the first time around. But the whole Greenland thing, I guess that there is a strategy around the race for the Arctic Circle.
Speaker 3: Remember we used to everybody was racing to get to the moon, but now the Arctic Circle.
Speaker 2: We have a very small portion of the Arctic Circle that the United States has a DIBs on.
Speaker 3: That's Alaska, right, Seward's folly.
Speaker 2: But now this notion that Greenland may be brings not in play, but he wants to put it in play. And I think some of that is for strategic purposes. As far as you know, Uh, it's faster to get to Russia if you go over the top than it is to go around. Frankly, that's it. Or I don't know, maybe we're gonna invade Norway next or something. I don't have any idea, but there may be a strategic advantage to that. I don't know that it's necessary for our national security.
Speaker 3: But there may be.
Speaker 2: If you dig really hard, there may be some advantages to that.
Speaker 3: And I mean, if we if we open up all the other.
Speaker 2: You know, regulations on emissions, if we roll back everything that we did to try to curb climate change. Forget finding a Northwest passage. I mean, we're just gonna have it's gonna be It's gonna be nice and bowl me up there so all of our shipping can go right straight north.
Speaker 3: Think about that, everything coming out of the coming out of the ports in New York can go all over the world. Just go up over the top. I don't know. Just try to find something.
Speaker 2: I'm finding something with the story to say it could have a purpose.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I do think it's been a long time. Not in my lifetime have we seen a new state that feels exciting to me. Again, That's all I got, nothing else, nothing else, but fifty is such a nice round number. Hey, if we took over Canada, If we took Canada, which we're not going to because I don't think we want to invade Canada though I believe wasn't that John Candy's last film, Canadian Bacon, So who knows. Maybe if that's the case, do we take Canada and make it our fifty first state? As Trump kind of poked at with Justin Trudeaux. Or do we take all those provinces and they all become US states?
Speaker 3: The second one?
Speaker 2: Okay, So Quebec is now a US state, right, Prince Edward Island is now a US state. Newfoundland is now a US state, which is basically the Alabama of the North Saskatchewan Alberta. How many can we name? I don't have any idea, haven't done that since sixth grade. I got nothing else to say about this. You guys have anything, man, anything?
Speaker 14: Apparently consent is not an issue with this.
Speaker 2: Since when is consent ever been an issue? You're right, I know where you were going. I just did well. I think bump set spike. You're welcome, Thank you very much. All right, yeah, well well done, Ronner. Things you need to do before you die in twenty twenty five, that is straight ahead. Chris merril in from O Kelly kf I AM six forty live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app you've.
Speaker 3: Been listening so later with mo Kelly.
Speaker 1: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty seven pm to ten pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app,