Speaker 1: Okay, okay, here we go. Welcome back, welcome back, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, yeahs, rod right, all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: Benay, wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky, Welcome.
Speaker 1: Back to the weekend. Everybody, beautiful weekend.
Speaker 2: Huh awesome, so awesome today, no rain, partly cloudy, high.
Speaker 3: Of eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Although things are going to change around here this week.
Speaker 2: There's a storm brewing. I think we're okay, but I think we're gonna get some rain coming.
Speaker 1: So all right.
Speaker 2: Monday, September nine, Cody going for win number three, fresh out of bed head to head challenge. He's a tough nuts to crack. He gave us a Monday game on Friday. What the hell is a Monday game going to sound.
Speaker 1: Like with this guy?
Speaker 2: Win number three is what he's looking for fresh out of bed head to head. We'll play at six twenty one dollars. Jersey Mike's gift card. I am a fan of Jersey Mikes now, man, I finally went a couple of month.
Speaker 1: It's back.
Speaker 2: Godos are good sandwiches. We got gift cards for you all week long. That's not even the biggest.
Speaker 1: Gift card we have for you today on the show.
Speaker 2: Texas Hammer Game, the Great Jim Adler, We've got pit tickets to Creed three Doors Down and Finger eleven this Saturday nights. That's right, you know we were holding back some great tickets to that show. We'll hook you up at seven to twenty if you win the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 1: And then here's the gift card.
Speaker 2: And you better get used to it, because my friend's over at Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 1: They're excited.
Speaker 2: They wanted to celebrate twenty years of The Rod Ryan Show two hundred dollars gift.
Speaker 1: Cards twenty days.
Speaker 2: Celebrating twenty years, for twenty days in a row, we're giving away a two hundred dollars gift card to Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 1: Love that place.
Speaker 2: The first one today at eight twenty Pit tickets to Rob Zombie, Ellis Cooper that show Sunday night.
Speaker 1: And then we'll have those tickets for you.
Speaker 2: Early in the nine and Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets on know the show. All right, let's get after a good morning testa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Rod, Good morning homeroom. So, as you mentioned some weather to watch, the Next Hurricane Center issued a tropical storm watch for parts of the Next Dan Gulf coast because that storm is developing offshore. They're saying potential tropical cycle in six may become tropical storm frans Scene today or tomorrow, and by tomorrow heavy rain may reach Southeast Texas because the storm is headed towards the Upper Texas Coast or Louisiana. They even say, but Houston, Marya John Whitmeyer says our city is preparing for a potential impact from that storm. So that's gonna be something we're gonna be talking about. Also, there's been a man hunt since Saturday in eastern Kentucky and it continues. On this morning, there was a shooting on Interstate seventy five to five people were seriously injured. A gunman opened fire along this stretch of freeway. Investigators say they recovered an AR fifteen rifle from the woods near the Interstate. They also confirmed thirty two year old Joseph Couch is the man that they are looking for. So that fan hunt again continuing this morning, something we're gonna be talking about. It's NFL season alex Is gonna have the good stuff. But I have a pretty interesting story. You know, if you go to an NFL game, you're not going to be getting a good deal on beer.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's them's the rules, right.
Speaker 1: I think the Falcons have cheap beer, do they? I think they're the one.
Speaker 2: They're the ones that really tout it, and they do very well at it. I wish everybody would adapt that mean too.
Speaker 4: I would like people to follow their lead. Because, according to a website sportscasting dot com, NFL fans will have to pay fifteen dollars and two cents for a beer and hot dog at stadiums this season. Of course, not all the prices are the same. In Seattle, you'll be paying nearly twenty dollars for a beer and a hot dog nineteen ninety eight. Both the La Rams and the LA Chargers nineteen forty nine, Chicago Bears, No Orleans, Saine, Shacksonville Jaguars are basically at nineteen bucks. Here in Houston just under twelve dollars for both. So yeah, we'll be talking about beer and hot dogs today. If you're wondering who won that, Drake Kendrick Lamar beef. This might just settle it. Kendrick has been chosen to headline the super Bowl halftime show. He announced that he'll also be part of the hip hop theme. He was part of the hip hop theme show in twenty twenty two. So super Bowl fifty nine goes down February ninth in New Orleans. This is someone that Jay Z calls a once in a generation artist and perform So we'll see how his halftime show goes.
Speaker 1: You don't normally announced this early, do They.
Speaker 5: Seems very early?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 2: Yeah, first yearly like very week one of NFL, and we know the halftime show of the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I don't remember going them going to early.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's talk about Lincoln Park again, because Emily Armstrong was announced as the co lead vocalist last week. We're all very excited about it. But she had to address some past support of Danny Masterson. So she had, you know, had ties to scientology and Danny Masterson.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, she puts on her Instagram story post to be like, let me say this as clearly as possible. I don't condone abuse or violence against women. She was asked to an attend in early court hearing in support of Danny, but realize afterwards that she had misjudged the situation. Okay, so that's what's going on there. It's on the music blog page.
Speaker 5: We want to check it out. Those are used in headlines.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're digging up all her old tweets.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like getting drafted.
Speaker 1: It's like when they when you get drafted.
Speaker 7: Was like quoting rap lyrics and he was like nine yep, and they're like, well look what you posted.
Speaker 1: He's like, I was like, kid, Yeah, it's exactly what they're with her.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: Texans started a season off with a win. They bet the Colts twenty nine to twenty seven. It was closer than I.
Speaker 6: Feel like a lot of people would have liked, but they got the job done.
Speaker 7: Stefan Diggs had two touchdown catches and Jill Mixon rushed for one hundred and fifty nine yards and a touchdown in their Texans debuts.
Speaker 6: They were also the only only team of the AFC.
Speaker 7: South with a win yesterday, So they've got the division lead all by themselves after one game.
Speaker 6: Week one isn't over yet. You've got Monday Night Football tonight.
Speaker 7: Brock Perty and the forty nine ers are gonna host Aaron Rodgers and the Jets. Forty nine ers or three and a half point favorites coming into this one. Kickoffs at seven to fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN and ABC and baseball. The Astros fell the Diamondbacks twelve to six. They did take two of three from Arizona over the weekend, though, I'll have a day off today before they open up a three game series with the A's tomorrow night.
Speaker 8: At minute made. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Here we go, guys, who's up? Who's ready to rock? What do you want to talk about? You want to talk football for your first phone call? That's great.
Speaker 2: You want to talk any thing at all, almost anything at all for the first phone calls?
Speaker 1: Open up these lines.
Speaker 3: Chile.
Speaker 2: Chilly's in a good mood today. I'm in a good mood today. Test is in a good mood today.
Speaker 1: I am great movie. I got a couple of emails. Check on Alex.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little welfare chat.
Speaker 1: Check on Alex. Get the baby out of there?
Speaker 2: All right, what do you want to get? That's starting with? On that first phone called chili? Short song seven to one three two one two five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now is Good.
Speaker 1: Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Blur song two and we are off and running the most interactive show on the radio, this one rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: September nine, Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: To anyone's having anybody that's having a birthday today. Why would I start out the show that way? More birthdays on September ninth than any other day?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's just a Weirgo heavy season.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: It's not even the most heavy birthday month, August. More people born in August than any other month. But for some reason, there's something always about September ninth. We're gonna talk about that later on the show today. So if you're having a birthday, I'll give you a pass today boom, because there's more of you. There's more of you than any other day, apparently, including Colonel Sanders I saw and Adam Sandler, neither one of them making me looking at Girl's blog page.
Speaker 4: But Adam Sandler does have a great Netflix special out right now.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 5: Is very funny. It's called I Love You?
Speaker 1: Is it him? Stand up Special?
Speaker 4: It's a stand up special, but he's busting out the guitar, and he's got a keyboard player up there a lot, So he's doing a lot of funny singing.
Speaker 1: Stuff, any of the old stuff. Does He did that Chris Farley song.
Speaker 5: Oh I love that one if you've.
Speaker 2: Ever seen him with the video playing behind him of Chris Farley and then him singing about hey, how he misses his friend?
Speaker 6: Oh God.
Speaker 4: So if you like that one, you're gonna love how he ends this one. It's like an homage to comedy and he mentions everyone, and he mentions Norm.
Speaker 1: Okay, Chris. I didn't know if he was close with Norm McDonald.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I can kind of visualize everybody on SNL and who crossed the hallways with who.
Speaker 1: I don't remember Norm was before Adam Sandler.
Speaker 4: I'm sure if you watch anything, I'll watch the end of that one because it's it's pretty great.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, what are we doing today?
Speaker 1: I'm in a great mood. I'm just gonna I'm just gonna get that out of the way.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to.
Speaker 1: All three all three of my football teams won yesterday. That doesn't always happen. You know, I'm a same fan.
Speaker 2: I'm a Texans fan. Everybody knows I'm a Bills fan. It doesn't happen that all three teams win like that.
Speaker 3: So it was hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Car played great for the Saints.
Speaker 5: It was all fallen. But the Texans is the one game I watched.
Speaker 4: And then after we watch it, Trev goes, are you gonna watch the Cowboys? Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, I guess you can throw it on if you want.
Speaker 4: This is the Texans are the team that brings me the joy?
Speaker 1: Yeah right now, Well it was.
Speaker 2: It was an awesome first week, so I imagine we'll talk a little bit about that today on the show. We got Cody, who is just not There was a Hall of Fame Cody. He wants to go back to back Cody in the Hall of Fame. He's going for win number three today. I already mentioned that Friday was a very Monday game. Let's have a look. I feel like I got robbed of my cool, awesome Friday Vibe game. So can we have a Friday awesome Vibe game today?
Speaker 1: Cody? Please? Thank you.
Speaker 2: I mentioned the gift card, the Jersey Mike's gift card. We got one hundred dollar gift cards all week. Texas Hammer game is huge because that's pit tickets to Creed three Doors down and Finger eleven, which is going down on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: What a show. Two one hundred dollars for twenty days.
Speaker 2: Celebrating twenty years. Thank you to my friends over at Academy Sports and Outdoors. Could you guys do some damage over at Academy with two hundred dollars? I think you could. We're gonna do it for twenty days straight man. I appreciate them kind of getting on board with the twentieth anniversary here of the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: So phone lines are ringing.
Speaker 10: It's not time for the first found call of the day.
Speaker 1: Looks like Anthony got through first. Anthony, Yes, sir, Good morning brother Ron, Good morning Anthony. How are you today?
Speaker 7: I'm doing it excellent?
Speaker 2: How are you guys yesterday?
Speaker 3: So Grace, Good morning home room as well.
Speaker 11: Good morning morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is listening? Hey, real quick before I get your chili? Are we on the Facebook live?
Speaker 12: Are we?
Speaker 3: Are we?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Are we doing all the live videos and stuff like that?
Speaker 1: This morning? Somebody I got cheats?
Speaker 3: We should be on YouTube and Facebook?
Speaker 1: Facebook?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Those are up and running. Yeah, thank you? How are you? Chili? In a good mood.
Speaker 3: H super good mood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chilli in a good mood too.
Speaker 2: All right, Anthony, what you got?
Speaker 11: I was wondering, since you got five more years left on your contract.
Speaker 1: For four and a half, who's count four and a half?
Speaker 2: Four and a half?
Speaker 3: What's it?
Speaker 4: What's your plans for afterwards?
Speaker 11: Are you are you gonna start.
Speaker 7: You know, drumming again?
Speaker 11: Are you gonna go back to bars or not?
Speaker 1: Back to bars? No?
Speaker 11: Do we have the moms of bartender? So that's I'm a little biased.
Speaker 2: We should have we should get that old lady dropped this ship around getting fat and sashy.
Speaker 4: That's your plan.
Speaker 1: I don't know, dude.
Speaker 5: I'd he's right in the middle of this thing.
Speaker 4: Ask him after he's got to focus on this thing now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really don't have plans, Anthony. You know, I don't know. I don't know, dude.
Speaker 4: Like what if you get crazy workout dude, and you just start like running marathons and all the people that you're like good for you, you become the good for you.
Speaker 1: Well it could be that, or like I said.
Speaker 13: We'll probably sit around and cook some soups and eat brand and desserts and just get on and say thank you.
Speaker 7: Alix.
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you Anthony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have no idea, but it is four and a half years away, so I got a little bit of time to think about it.
Speaker 6: Prescott will still be the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Alix, Statistically.
Speaker 1: Statistically you will. You signed your deal? All right on the flip got AA rec check for you.
Speaker 2: We'll find out what's training and then we'll get set up for the freshot.
Speaker 12: Of Dad Honative and the id Ryan Morning Shown The Buzz ninety.
Speaker 2: Four five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Guys, Welcome back for the weekend. I hope it was a great one. We're gonna be very, very busy this week. You can tell we got all big, big things.
Speaker 1: To give away. Brandon must not have heard, of course.
Speaker 2: I'm giving away rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party tickets today on the show. Charley put them on Know the show, So you got to listen to the whole damn thing though. October twelfth, Carbock Brewery, and I think we're going to do something again that I call fun on Wednesday. We're gonna give away a bunch of extra tickets. Well let's late, let's put that on Wednesday show. So yeah, a lot of opportunities to get into that this week. No Raigne partly cloudy high of eighty nine. Nim Let's foot trending first, do you go?
Speaker 5: It's all football stuff.
Speaker 4: So the number one search on Google is the Lions because they pulled off a thrilling overtime win over the Rams last night.
Speaker 5: But then just after that, so two million searchers for the lines.
Speaker 4: Right then, right there, two million searches for Tyreek Hill, who was detained before the Dolphins played the Jaguars. So he's detained for reckless driving. He's like, they have him on the ground, they're cuffing him. There's like three officers around him. Then his buddy who pulled, who pulls up by him, who pulls up by Tyreek Hill and is like, hey, we have a game to play. And then they arrest him too. Two Dolphins players really.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't know that part.
Speaker 4: They were detained and then detained inside it before the game which ended up winning the band yeah.
Speaker 7: And touchdown and his teammate fay Can kept him afterwards. Hey yeah, and then a little touchdown and spo the handcuff Selly and then guys.
Speaker 5: I know we don't want to hear about it. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Travis Kelsey and Taylor Swift were at the US Open and.
Speaker 5: They were like singing at each other.
Speaker 3: They was so int.
Speaker 5: He was watching his phone. They went to a wedding.
Speaker 4: It's just like all over my timeline and it is trending two. Okay, but that's what's Those are the things.
Speaker 2: It's weird to say. I know you guys don't want to hear this, but here it is good to me. I know you hate this, but here it comes.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that's one's trending on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: All right, Cody, come on, dude, step it up.
Speaker 6: Cody, let's go.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody. This is Cody.
Speaker 14: I am your fresh out of bed head to head two day champions.
Speaker 1: So sorry, no one pump jump for you.
Speaker 4: Join me on Monday when I make it win number three bitches.
Speaker 2: That volume that's on like twenty okay, what he left me was on two. I had to like work on that post production, uh so that you could even hear Cody. Cody, let's go get into it, lean into that phone. Can you beat Cody seven one? Or is Cody gonna win? The Tody's tickets. Yeah, Chili puts some concert tickets in there today.
Speaker 1: Hold out there, Ryan Show on ninety four five, Experience Expener into the Cosmic on.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good morning Rod Ryan's Show on a milk Monday. Indeed, I will get over to links and guests and check that out for sure. I hope you're up to a great start to your day. Have somebody lined up to play Cody?
Speaker 1: That's good? Ooh fresh fish.
Speaker 2: Like that fresh one Jersey Mike's gift card coming up on the fun Fact Flashback all week long pit tickets, Creed, three Doors Down and Finger eleven are playing Saturday.
Speaker 1: Boy, this show sold out.
Speaker 2: Immediately and we'll get you in when we play the Texas Hammer Game next hour. No rain to worry about today, partly Claude's guys high of eighty nine how about? And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners, Cody, what am I gonna do with you? What am I gonna do with you? Dude? I want offer, I want a Friday.
Speaker 2: I want a Friday sounding game today, Okay, because you mondayed my Friday I want you to Friday my Monday. Okay, Bart, Okay, he sounds like he's in a better mood. At least that's for sure. All Right, who's playing Cody? Jamie?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Jamie.
Speaker 2: I really need to go and get the movie Just Friends. There's lay it because.
Speaker 1: We talk about it all the time. There's like fifty drops from that movie that only Testa and I laugh about.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what, we're going to have to listen off off air.
Speaker 2: All right, Jamie, welcome in. Are you a fresh fish?
Speaker 9: I'm a fresh fish.
Speaker 1: Oh let's see what we have here? Very fresh too, Jamie.
Speaker 2: Jamie, welcome into the game. This is easy. Although Cody sounds like he's in a pre good mood today. You got to shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Two correct answers wins you.
Speaker 5: This pair of take see Tody's at the House of Blues.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean Cody and the todysse seems like that should happen. But Jamie, you could stop that. So just yell out your name when you think you know the answer. Okay, wait for me to call on.
Speaker 10: You got it?
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, Jamie and Cody, Cody and Jamie. Question number one, what comedian played Happy Gilmore and Bobby Bouche Cody Adam.
Speaker 1: Adam Sandler is a correct answer. He just got you, Jamie.
Speaker 2: You were close, very close, very very very close. But Cody's on it today.
Speaker 5: It's a little faster, Jamie.
Speaker 1: Cody hates Fridays. He loves Mondays.
Speaker 2: Apparently loves it, Cody. Question number two, who is the top administrator and is in charge at schools?
Speaker 1: That's a dead on tie.
Speaker 2: But the dead on tie, guys, someone's got to find another gear.
Speaker 1: The principal pal six.
Speaker 2: Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What type of kick is worth three points in football?
Speaker 3: Baby?
Speaker 1: Cody field goal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, Yeah, you're good.
Speaker 1: You were just Jamie.
Speaker 2: You were just off on the first one, dead on time, the second one.
Speaker 1: He smoked you on the third one. Are you gonna play again? You were good? I hope, Yeah, you were good. It's just not good enough. Cody. Just Cody was just a different person today, all right, Jamie.
Speaker 2: Good to have you on Cody. Third, you were destined to be at that Tody show. And I think that's a bit of a concert.
Speaker 1: Announcement now that I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you take us go on till Friday.
Speaker 2: So concert announcement Home Room The Tody's December twenty ninth. They always everybody knows they play the week between Christmas and New Year's. They play at the House of Blues every year. So they have announced though, So December twenty ninth. House the Blues tickets go and sale this Friday at ten through ticket Master locations. Cody at The Tody's, you have the very first pair of tickets.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, night, dude, hang them.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't need your attitude.
Speaker 1: We have one of our own.
Speaker 10: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four fives of.
Speaker 2: US ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's breaking Benjamin so cold.
Speaker 2: Milk Monday, Wakey, wakey, hands up, snakies.
Speaker 1: Partly cloudy today, no rain, high of eighty nine. Bring that champion.
Speaker 2: People are saying Cody's coming around the fresh out of bed.
Speaker 1: Head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 3: Good morning, everybody, this is Cody.
Speaker 13: You're fresh out of bed head to head three day satyrod said, find another year.
Speaker 1: I found it.
Speaker 4: Joined me on that Tuesday when I make it whin number four.
Speaker 2: Too, Okay, Josh Tree, some people are asking Jamie to send in a pick.
Speaker 5: Oh oh my god.
Speaker 2: Those same people, thank god, those same people like Cody now, like all of a sudden, they like Cody.
Speaker 1: Is that what's happening? Now you like Cody? You didn't like him on Friday? Now you like him today? Cody had a great game.
Speaker 2: Okay, so concert announcement in Homeroom Tody's December twenty nine pounds of blues had one hundred dollars Jersey Mike's gift card coming.
Speaker 1: Up for you, but I brought in some new fun facts for you. It's the fuck that's the day we make you look smart.
Speaker 15: Brody here, buddies, it's the fuck that's the day.
Speaker 1: There's some fun facts for you today.
Speaker 2: In the seventeen hundreds, people thought the Platypus was a hoax, just kind of how we think of.
Speaker 1: Bigfoot or the Locknus monster.
Speaker 2: People thought that it was just too ridiculous that there was venomous animal with a ducks bill onter's feet and a beaver tail.
Speaker 5: It does sound made up to be fair.
Speaker 7: I still I think it might be a hoax.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've seen one.
Speaker 4: Have been a plat puss in here?
Speaker 1: Don't they like sweat? There was a plant platypus has been on the fun Facts before.
Speaker 13: H huh.
Speaker 1: They secrete or they sweat, and that's how they feed or that's how they feed their kids.
Speaker 6: That's the plat part of them.
Speaker 2: That's okay, I'm not gonna you almost got me. I thought it was the latter.
Speaker 5: This mistake.
Speaker 2: This maybe has been covered once before, but I like it. Chicago has something called a tool library that is fun. Thousands of tools residents can go in and borrow. Over ninety percent of the tools have been donated by low Goals, and people can sign up for pay what you can memberships and that'll grant you access to the to the collection tools.
Speaker 4: That's brilliant. That way, you don't have to keep everything in your garage.
Speaker 1: Ron mm hmm, you just grow.
Speaker 4: From the library.
Speaker 2: I am the tool Library and the height you are should do a membership. Such a handy guy, I got everything you need. I'm like red from a shrawshank. I can get it for you.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: In the file this under how did I not know that Thomas Jefferson's wife died before he became president. I feel like I knew that.
Speaker 1: The daughter was the first lady. That's neat. How did I not know that?
Speaker 2: I don't remember everything being taught in school, but I don't remember anybody ever running that by me.
Speaker 1: Thomas Jefferson's daughter was the first lady.
Speaker 8: I swear, it's wild.
Speaker 1: What it's the fun back to the day.
Speaker 15: We make you look smart, body, it's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 1: Oh you're gonna look so smart in front of your buddies today. Okay, talk to me. What do you got?
Speaker 4: I have one hundred dollars Jersey Mike's gift card. If it's not freshly sliced, it's not Jersey Mikes. Jersey Mike's a sub above. And that's the part I have to say. The part you don't have to say is I'm obsessed with Jersey Mikes. It is so delicious.
Speaker 1: I went one time and I haven't been back since. But it's amazing, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: This is a good little deal here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was so great.
Speaker 8: It's your.
Speaker 2: What do we import more of from Canada than all the other Middle Eastern countries combined?
Speaker 1: I thought this was a very interesting fun fact.
Speaker 7: Uh seven, It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: All right, there's my man, Captain Cash. How brother, there he is? Good morning? Hell, how do we do on Wall Street? Let's go back to Friday.
Speaker 11: That's so good. The Downtown four hundred and ten points kick off this morning at forty thousand, three forty five nastack down four hundred and thirty six to sixteen thousand and six ninety bens Maarten. Your treasury is trading at a three point seventy five percent an oil STANSUS sixty eight dollars eighteen cents of barrow to the most actives, the big Studs, Travelers, Nicky, Dies and Viza, the big duds, Amazon, American Express, and Boeing. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on wholesale inventories for July almost also consumer credit for August. Right now, the futures are up, hang on to this will be a positive opening right here on Wall Street. That's it. I'm out of here. This is Holland Managing Director with Ramy James, reported for the Ride Right Show from Ramy James on Sam Felipa and Augusta and don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 16: Faman's expressed for those of alland and not necessarily those are Raymond James Associates, Income Ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or AT sponsors. Information is based on the sources believed to be reliable. But it's not yourteed. There's no Aaron's transmission.
Speaker 10: We will continue.
Speaker 16: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security. Refer to your end because programs are an educational and informational purposes. Onistes of dots are based on movement, as reported by young than I am.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the buzs welcome back, it's your.
Speaker 1: Yes indeed, good morning? Hello? Hi?
Speaker 7: What's this Hey? This is a A Keith the Fireman.
Speaker 1: Hi, Keith the Fireman. Welcome to the show man. How are you today?
Speaker 9: Doing great?
Speaker 1: Just getting off shifts?
Speaker 2: Okay, well listen, I am looking for the fun fact flashback. The United States imports more of this from Canada than all of the Middle Eastern countries combined.
Speaker 1: The answers oil file that under.
Speaker 6: How did I not know that?
Speaker 1: Who? Congratulations? Dude, what are you gonna give them?
Speaker 4: Dude, you get one hundred dollars in Jersey Mike's gift cards. You are very lucky and you know the backpack.
Speaker 1: Congrats, my god, sounds great.
Speaker 7: Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I can make a fool of myself with that gift card. Over the thanks SA, Jonathan.
Speaker 13: Says, guys, go ahead and listen you guys in high school.
Speaker 1: It's first time I've actually be able to get in. Oh, that's so awesome.
Speaker 2: Keith, Thank you, bro, You're a great addition to homeroom. Thank you for all of those years. Jonathan says, Rod, I teach us history. I didn't know Thomas Jefferson's daughter was the first lady.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, we were not taught that. There's no way. That's the first time I've ever heard that. It was on this show. Hey, Alexa.
Speaker 14: Play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio jeen.
Speaker 10: Ninety four point five is dous station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: The Rod Rudyan Show on ninety four five, Wake the.
Speaker 2: Buzz four to five The Buzz as a couple skate from Green Day, It's Your Monday, Your MILF Monday edition of the rod Ryan Show. That means seven twenty Texas Hammer Game, huge tickets all week, getting you in the pit for the sold out Creed three Doors down Finger eleven show. See what we did there, We held back some tickets week of the show.
Speaker 1: You can always count on us that that's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a big one on Saturday. So that's something to really look forward to. In the seven o'clock hour. I'd already told you that for twenty days. You better get used to this. Twenty days celebrating twenty years of the Rod Ryan Show. We got a two hundred dollars gift card from Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 1: Twenty days in a row. We're gonna blow that out.
Speaker 2: We'll start today at eight twenty no rain today, partly cloudy Hive. Around eighty nine, Tessa has Houston's headlines, Oh you're talking weather, I am yeh okay.
Speaker 4: Potential Tropical cyclone six may become tropical storm Frans scene today or tomorrow. They're saying by tomorrow heavy rain could reach southeast Texas because the storm is headed toward the Upper Texas coast or Louisiana. Even mayor Whitmyer, maryor John Whitmer Houston says. Houston is preparing for the storms potential impact. You got Governor Greg Abbott directing the Texas Department of Emergency Management to activate state emergency response resources in preparation of this.
Speaker 2: Our best chance of rain is looking on Wednesday here today, beautiful Thoma.
Speaker 4: This weekend weather was it got me pretty about living here and that hasn't happened all summer long.
Speaker 2: If I if I had just a dollar for every time my neighbor Matt said, Dude, I think we made it like we made it, like we got through Yeah, yeah, you know, Africa hotness.
Speaker 1: We made it.
Speaker 4: You feel like you deserve it. As a Ustonian, when weather is this good, it's like, you know what, it's about time because we have been through some things, yes.
Speaker 5: And it's like, you know, yeah, lay it on me, just like this.
Speaker 2: We're emerging outside of their homes with a beer in their hand, like can we stand outside and not melt?
Speaker 5: This is patty or drinking weather. Yeah, yeah, big time.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that's kind of the stuff going on here. Locally, more serious stuff, there was a shooting. There were shootings on Interstate seventy five in eastern Kentucky, and the suspect involved in those shootings is still on the loose, so there's still a manhunt underway that started on Saturday. Five people were seriously injured by this gunman who opened fired along this stretch of freeway. They're in eastern Kentucky. Investigators say they were covered an AR fifteen.
Speaker 5: Rifle from the woods near the interstate.
Speaker 4: They also confirm thirty two year old Joseph Couch is the man that they are looking for. That is, he is formerly a suspect that is confirmed by law enforcement. Okay, believe it or not, it's time to start planning and booking your holiday flights. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I guess it is.
Speaker 5: Google Flights has put out a list.
Speaker 4: Of the top trending travel destinations for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve based on searches for travel dates around those holidays. So Orlando is number one for Thanksgiving, Disney World, I guess, and followed by King Kun, New York City, Tokyo, London, Miami, Paris, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Honolulu.
Speaker 2: What's it like to be so organized and so awesome that you're planning your travel for the holidays.
Speaker 4: I already know it. You already know it.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, I hate you, I'm jealous, you stink, but I love you. I wish I'm just not that person. I'm last minute guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's early. People plan ahead for bigger trips, so those trips may seem a little lavish, you know, like Paris, Miami, like Okay, London.
Speaker 1: No one is going to those places.
Speaker 4: We're scrambling for a flight to Wisconsin, you know, the Midwest and Thanksgiving time. They're not doing that right now.
Speaker 2: You're going abroad, Alex, you plan no, Okay, that's why you're not making pens.
Speaker 5: I don't travel, okay, Okay, Well we got it that one time.
Speaker 4: You might travel for this. Alex mcauleay culkin going on tour, but not for anything weird or like a musical project that he usually is doing. Now as he's an adult, right now, he's going to be talking about home alone. This show is billed as a Nostalgic Night with mcauleay Culkin. It kicks off November thirty thirtieth in Buffalo, New York. So Rod, maybe you'll be at this, I don't know. It winds up in Massachusetts, on December fifteenth. Their pre sale tickets for this at beginning to day, So it'll be like a screening of Home Alone followed by a Q and A with the audience. There will also be a VIP package where you can actually go a meet mcaulay Culkin, one of your heroes growing.
Speaker 5: Up out Home Alone favorite Christmas.
Speaker 1: Can you ask him, dude, why aren't you huge?
Speaker 5: Like why you have to get the Q and A is.
Speaker 1: Though he's not? He kind of is? He's not? Why is he not like Leonardo DiCaprio, Like huge, that huge? He was the biggest star in America.
Speaker 2: I feel like at some point, I mean not only the biggest child star that was that was a given. But you know, Michael J. Fox had that role and then mcaulay Culkin.
Speaker 1: Came into that role, and I mean Michael J.
Speaker 2: Fox continued to have a really good career, but McAuley just didn't really do a whole lot.
Speaker 4: If you do it your whole like acting as a child, and you made enough money from it, wouldn't you just retreat? Like I don't know, unless you really really like needed to be in the spotlight.
Speaker 17: I would just like, I give you my residual checks. I will not be here. The other Culkins are bigger than him. Both of them are bigger than him. Both brothers not bigger than home alone. But right now, right now, for sure.
Speaker 1: Right now both I mean Rory is huge.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 4: Everyone is expecting, though, REIINGI in to blow up as soon as Liam and Noel Gallagher start fighting. But did you have this on your bingo card? Liam went to war over the weekend with Oasis fans. People were complaining about the price and availability of tickets, and Liam was like, Oasis are back, You're welcome, and I hear their attitude stinks. Good to know some things never change. When someone accused the band of ripping off fans, he said, shut up.
Speaker 5: When someone else.
Speaker 4: Said if they had any spare tickets, Liam said, I have crap loads, but they're really expensive, one hundred thousand pounds kneeling only he was just trolling everyone. Why is he doing this? Why is he self sabotaging his own concert?
Speaker 2: He does it a lot, Okay, he does it a lot.
Speaker 4: Thanks to dynamic pricing system by Ticketmaster, Oasis tickets are going for even more money than the original four hundred and sixty dollars tickets to the shows back in twenty seventeen. I mean they're expensive. Not surprisingly, tons of people have already pointed out how poorly like this old attack has aged. Yeah, when he called his brother Noel the sea word because he was charging that much for the show.
Speaker 5: Anyway, anyway, it's on the music bog page. Those are just headlines.
Speaker 1: This is a great piece of music to play on. It's a really great piece of music.
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 7: Texans started the season off with a win. They beat the Colts twenty nine to twenty seven. Stefon Diggs had two touchdown catches and Joe Mixon rushed for one hundred and fifty nine yards and a touchdown in their Texans' debuts. They were also the only team in the AFC South that won yesterday, so they start out the year all by themselves in first place in their division.
Speaker 6: Week one is not over yet.
Speaker 7: We got Monday Night Football Tonight Rock Party and the forty nine ers host Aaron Rodgers and the Jets forty niners come into this is three and a half point favorites. Kickoff is at seven from fifteen and you can watch it on ESPN and ABC on the sports blog page today. Tyreek Hill of the Dolphins was detained on his way to the stadium yesterday and then he scored an eighty yard touchdown and had his teammate pretend to handcuff him, and then that police obviously got put on administrative leave. So it was a hell of a day for Tyreek Hill and you can see all of this on the sports blog page. I bet him to score a touchdown the second I saw that story. It was the freest bet ever.
Speaker 2: I saw it. Probably Barstool had it the TMZ of Sports and I saw it. I saw him on his belly with a cop on top of him.
Speaker 1: I said, is this old footage? Or did this happen?
Speaker 6: If they were going to tailgates? Everybody had their phones out. It was terrible pr by the police.
Speaker 2: There's three cops there and there's this guy on his belly and I said, that's this morning.
Speaker 1: He's playing today or.
Speaker 2: He he's supposed to be playing today in place today.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Was it excessive on the grounds driving and speeding.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying that he didn't create he didn't have some sort of violation, but you have to be aware. It's game day he is a Miami Dolphin. This is a Miami Dolphins game. It's like Scottie Scheffler when he got detained going to the to the golf tournament, where it was like, dude, you gotta let him through here. Man, like you can, you can give them the ticket like they did. But like people are filming.
Speaker 4: This, get yeah, get your money, get the money for the city and move on.
Speaker 7: It's all on the sports blog page today if you want to check that out. In baseball, Astros of the Diamondbacks twelve to six. They did take two of three from Arizona over the weekend, though they're gonna have a day off before opening up a three game series with the A's tomorrow night.
Speaker 8: A minute made. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show. Brent and Zach from Shining Down, which you just heard, are a big reason what people are excited about The rod Ryan Show. Twentieth Aniversary Party October twelfth, Carbock Brewery Sublime, Jacob Knowle's going to be there, Blue October.
Speaker 1: Theory of a Dead Man, The x c's no on sale Day, No tickets are sold. You have to win your way in. I have a pair of tickets for you today.
Speaker 2: Know the show there, it is twentyth aniversary party tickets when we when we wrap up the show today and then we are going to do something again. We'll do something this week, something fun. I want to give away more than twenty five tickets.
Speaker 1: What you heard me?
Speaker 6: That's crazy?
Speaker 1: You heard me? You can't do Yeah, yeah, I want to give away a what maybe you would call a whack of tickets. Yeah. I'm gonna give away a whack of tickets this week in one big chunk. I don't know when. Maybe Wednesday. Maybe Wednesday.
Speaker 5: I was like a family or a big old family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I still mix them up and get more but get more people involved, get more people involved. Maybe Wednesday, we'll do something fun with that. Let's see Smoke Show. Carla sent something on Twitter. Found a new treat for the chili brown game. It's pumpkin pie naturally flavored almonds. Oh yeah, those wire being really good for chili.
Speaker 1: Brown Smoke Show.
Speaker 5: Carla doing the Lord's work.
Speaker 1: But let's not I mean, listen, We're bringing back the candy.
Speaker 2: Corn, right, I mean, Halloween is candy corn yeah, you know, and then if we got to go to some sort of.
Speaker 5: A fall thing, you can fall blend, you.
Speaker 1: Know, to keep the game going a little bit. We like to keep that. I mean, we liked Chili Brown.
Speaker 2: Usually this is this, this is the Chili Brown season.
Speaker 1: Let's let's be honest.
Speaker 5: Okay, Halloween season of the Chile.
Speaker 1: But that's but that's Charlie Brown's.
Speaker 2: That's when Charlie Brown is rocking man Halloween and then Thanksgiving and then Christmas. So that's where we get Chili Brown involved. A couple of things with Chili. Oh, want had some fun this week? Hell ye, give away some tickets. I know you're in a good mood.
Speaker 1: Texans wafe, Yeah, Hey.
Speaker 2: Did you at any point are you watching that Cleveland Brown's game going?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, thank god, that's not us with Deshaun Watson.
Speaker 14: Bro I was sitting there before the game started. I asked Christina, my wife. I said, hey, you say hey, dude? Yeah, I said hey, hey, dude, said dude, I don't know who I want to lose more the Cowboys, I know the Browns.
Speaker 2: Because with DeShawn, I kind of found myself possibly rooting for Dallas.
Speaker 1: But then I just didn't. I just couldn't. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: The funniest thing I saw about Deshaun Watson was Deshaun Watson died on the massage table.
Speaker 1: This is somebody else.
Speaker 4: I mean, that checks out.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: Then he's another one that's locked in for what five hundred years in Cleveland, like they're stuck with him.
Speaker 5: That's Cleveland for you.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I'm glad, don't Dallas for you.
Speaker 5: They did, They look great, Yeah, they'll they'll get there.
Speaker 4: Don't worry.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking mess about him. I'm just saying, hey, who had.
Speaker 1: Six picks this weekend?
Speaker 3: I wasn't sure.
Speaker 6: I didn't know if it was me or it wasn't me. I know it wasn't Rod. This is how I decided that it wasn't me.
Speaker 2: So when I look at the rotation, it looks like Chili Brown had six picks this weekend. You don't now, listen, don't tell me you didn't leave your house, because I know you left your house.
Speaker 1: I have to know how I know, because there's truck was in my driveway.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't remember. London and I are going somewhere.
Speaker 7: She's like, what are all these trucks doing here?
Speaker 1: There was two in the driveway.
Speaker 4: Listen, listen, just London will observe everything.
Speaker 1: We walk out of the house, She's like, what the heck trucks are these? What's going on here? So I didn't look at my phone.
Speaker 2: And then whenever, you know, we had some errands to run on Saturday, and then I finally took a look at my phone and it's Chili Brown going, hey, a man, Uh, I went to go watch some football games.
Speaker 1: He must have gone to White Oak and he parked over at the house.
Speaker 5: He's like, yeah, yeah, just put your truck anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm responsible for a couple of those trucks, so I know you left the house.
Speaker 3: I left the house. I had a great time watching some football.
Speaker 1: Saturday, right Saturday after the football man, and then you snap any photos.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 14: I was living in a moment, bro. I was enjoying it that the.
Speaker 4: Fact that you just pull up to Rod's and park there and just walk over is so funny.
Speaker 5: And London calling it out is so funny.
Speaker 1: What are these trucks.
Speaker 3: Dr white Oak? First? You know? And I was looking for places to park.
Speaker 5: Okay, either they will charge you or.
Speaker 3: They're all packed.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 6: So I was like, I didn't. That's a good decision.
Speaker 14: I kept driving and driving, and I was like, well, look who's the house.
Speaker 1: I'm there.
Speaker 14: I just took a turn and I said, hey man, I'm leaving through trops here.
Speaker 1: You can't park in all those spots. Only we had all the photographs.
Speaker 2: If I only had photographs to back it up this great story, you could have taken a photo of the car.
Speaker 8: Yeah, helped him.
Speaker 1: I had six picks last week. I can I could. I can produce pickles or I could produce pictures.
Speaker 2: Give no, no, no, because that's my my mob moving quicker than my brain.
Speaker 1: I went to the pickle Festival this weekend. Oh you kick would king would?
Speaker 5: How was it?
Speaker 1: Pickle festival? I'm like, where is Tesla for this?
Speaker 6: That was your woodstock, dude.
Speaker 5: They brought me back Lauren.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 5: That was Kelly was live at the Pickle.
Speaker 4: Festival on Friday. She brought us back treets already packed. It looked amazing. You know what you get what you get.
Speaker 2: There was just a yeah, just you know, you're trying different crazy pickle things things, pickle cupcakes. And I got to give a shout out to there's a band out there in Kingwood. They just do a bunch of covers, really fun stuff they're doing. They're doing Journey and they're doing uh bon Jovi. The name of the band, Dad Bod.
Speaker 5: Nice, I should have been the pickle the nurse.
Speaker 2: No, they were great, man, Dad Bod I. I hadn't heard about the band. I've met the guys before, I just never seen them.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is the best band.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I apologize. I remember yesterday and I was like, was it my turn? But it was like six pm and I didn't want to put just pictures of my feet in the TV.
Speaker 8: So what are we doing?
Speaker 4: Are you putting up some pictures six picks?
Speaker 5: Okay on our listeners every week.
Speaker 1: If somebody was on a cruise, did they send us six picks?
Speaker 3: I'll put those up everybody.
Speaker 5: Everybody should send it, and that'll be the push.
Speaker 7: Since he didn't do it, he has to post anybody else in six picks.
Speaker 1: That's the torture.
Speaker 2: If you have six picks, Alan Chili has to post him and he can't pitch about it.
Speaker 1: That's from your twin too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good idea.
Speaker 2: Al all right, guys, call man to win the best game in Houston.
Speaker 1: Who wants it?
Speaker 2: Hey, it's for tickets to the sold out Creed Show if you want to play the Texas Hammer game, getting the que now called Chili?
Speaker 1: Who wasn't a good mood a minute ago? Uh seven?
Speaker 18: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Thirty four five The Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show. Milk Monday.
Speaker 2: My goodness, it's Austin from Richmond who sent this in. Brother Rod and family. Was a great first week of football. But I think the milk is better than that.
Speaker 1: I think you might be right. Well, Alex agrees the milk is better than the week one.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, Yeah, I ain't look at you that man.
Speaker 1: Oh, I had all three of my team's win. Such a good time I have.
Speaker 7: I have one team and they want to just maybe kill myself the whole time. That's why four hours of that every sixteen more weeks, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Like I was in the shower and.
Speaker 2: It was just like victory was just raining over my head. Yeah, all my teams won.
Speaker 8: Watching sadness all right?
Speaker 2: No rain today partly Claude's Guy's high of eighty nine. We're gonna get into the Texas Hammer game. I got some people in the queue ready to go for those pit tickets.
Speaker 1: But first I'm assuming.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's such a fan favorite, Chili six picks must be trending. Well, so, oh, he didn't take his pictures on his week.
Speaker 4: Now you and have that forget?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm replaced as the Chili forgets the most.
Speaker 6: You forgot to though one time, two times.
Speaker 2: Chili has forgotten several times. And then when he does do it, he takes pictures of sidewalks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he walks on.
Speaker 7: What you should do is just photoshopped us in Paris like I did that one time. Yeah, yeah, you forgot to submitted six picks that day.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there's no Chili six, but some listeners six picks are coming in.
Speaker 4: What else, Well, it's all NFL football. But what did you think of your boy Tom Brady in the booths?
Speaker 6: I thought he was.
Speaker 1: Getting ripped apart like you were.
Speaker 4: He looks really good.
Speaker 5: It's nice to see someone who.
Speaker 4: Is like the go to football kind of struggle a little bit with like what we do.
Speaker 5: I think that's great. I'm like, huh, he's human. Check him out.
Speaker 2: I thought he did okay, he did very okay. I thought jj Wat struggled when he first started. I think he's coming into his own.
Speaker 4: I think he still has some some learning and growth to do.
Speaker 5: But they're what they're. You know, they're not gonna get fired.
Speaker 4: They're gonna grow and get better.
Speaker 2: You know who never got good and he doesn't do it anymore, Drew Brees. He never was good and he's one of my favorite football players of all time kind of.
Speaker 1: And he just wasn't great at that.
Speaker 2: So I don't mean to bring that up when I bring up because I think jj Watt I noticed a big improvement yesterday. I thought he did really good. Tom Brady. It was his first day. So as much as I would love to drag him.
Speaker 4: It's hard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, these guys have coaches.
Speaker 4: Jj Wat, for me, was doing the bubble head thing a lot.
Speaker 5: He was like just doing I.
Speaker 4: Was like, dude, stop shaking your head. But other than that, yeah, A minus we plus.
Speaker 5: Okay. Something else that's trending.
Speaker 4: Did you see Danica Patrick posted her new boyfriend and she's like in a bikini. She went to Burning Man and she's got all these bikini pictures that she put up. She posted it at the same time, like Aaron Rodgers is going to make his debut. That's Aaron Rodgers' ex. So Denica Patrick was at Burning Man. She has a new bow.
Speaker 5: It's all over ig She's.
Speaker 4: Like in a gold bikini and a peak Bykeasi and a black Vigini like she was dressing the part of the mad Max Revolution there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she looks really really good.
Speaker 4: And then the Goony's reboot has been talked about for a long time, but it's finally been given the green.
Speaker 5: Light to go ahead. A fell dog, dude, I don't know, but some people.
Speaker 4: Are like, no, this is a perfect movie, just leave it alone. But hey, they're given everything a sql, They're given everything a reboot right now.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 5: Beetlejuice, Inn Spielberg was the original produced.
Speaker 2: David to Feldman Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice one hundred million dollars this weekend. Of course they're going to take a look at Goony's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course they saw Beetlejuicejuice.
Speaker 8: He said it was good.
Speaker 1: What's that she said?
Speaker 4: She said, I've heard that. I've heard it was good. Not obviously it's not the original, but I've heard it was good. Okay, those are the things that are trending on eighty for five of us.
Speaker 1: This is Damn Handler and it's time to play the.
Speaker 11: Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 1: Hitting the pit with Ron Ryan on ninety four.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's pit past time. Creed three Doors down, Finger eleven.
Speaker 1: Man, get your mind right. You don't want to mess this one up.
Speaker 2: You don't want to mess this one up because you want to be that person that plays first and gets them, gets the lyric, and then wins the pit passes and then get it over with Saturday night, huge show out there at the Woodlands.
Speaker 1: Kim, Good morning, Good morning, Kim. I'm talking about you. I'm talking about you right now. Just get it right, get this first out of the gate.
Speaker 2: Okay, just guess it. I need the name of the band. I need the name of the song. Okay, okay, in the pit, I like she got a clip for me.
Speaker 4: She's gonna do it all right.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Kim, you got this, Here we go.
Speaker 19: Mama said, it's uphill for Oddities. The Stranger and Creuse Siders ain't never wanna bees.
Speaker 1: Wow, Kim. Name of the band, name of the song, three.
Speaker 4: No, No, No, no, no, I heard you typing here, Alix, you heard hear it?
Speaker 1: Michael.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hi Michael, welcome to the Texas Hammer.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen to the Great Hammer.
Speaker 19: Spitting some lyrics, Moment said, it's uphill for oddities. The stranger and Creuse siders ain't never wanna.
Speaker 1: Be my nervous Michael. Name of the band, name of the song.
Speaker 3: I think I got this one, rock Go that's host at the disco.
Speaker 1: Yep, you know what. London loves it.
Speaker 6: We love it.
Speaker 1: It's in heavy rotation at the house on the videos.
Speaker 4: Shut.
Speaker 2: I knew it, Mama said, I knew it wasn't Lenny Kravitz, so I figured it was the other one. Michael, you win, you win, yere I go. I told that first check to do that, but it took the second caller. What are you giving this guy?
Speaker 4: You will be in the pit to see Creed on their summer ninety nine tour, three doors down on this Younger eleven. It's this Saturday at Woodland's. Congratulations.
Speaker 3: Wow, wow, all right.
Speaker 1: We got the right guy here.
Speaker 2: You good for the pit, Michael, Oh, yes, yes, all right, way to go. Great job today.
Speaker 10: The rock Ryan shows.
Speaker 2: I have the buzz panic at the disco and high hopes. That was your Texas Hammer lyric today and that's the first of five pair.
Speaker 1: Let's it.
Speaker 2: We got five pair of tickets in the pit for Creed three doors down, Finger eleven Saturday night, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: Guys, that's gonna be a great show, obviously. I mean, listen, there were just big shows, big shows.
Speaker 2: Big shows were announcing We're still this is still the summer concerts season for me, and all these great shows.
Speaker 1: The one that sold out the quickest Creed. Okay, Creed sold out the quickest. It sold out.
Speaker 2: Imagine Dragons sold out, but it didn't sell out as fast as Creed did. I heard that Imagine Dragon show was pretty awesome. I hadn't seen them in a long time. They've become such a big, like party band. Somebody was saying that by song three, kind of like if you go to if you've ever been to a cold Play show, the place is trashed by song three, meaning there's already been like ten thousand confetti cannons, and then there's you know, ten foot you know balloons that are beach balls that are being thrown around, like by song three, at a cold Play show.
Speaker 1: The place is trashed.
Speaker 2: Somebody said the same thing of Imagine Dragons, like they are partying and they are just like running at peak performance right now. I got some rave reviews from Imagine Draggiss, but to back to Creed that sold out the quickest.
Speaker 1: Okay, so tomorrow, I.
Speaker 2: Imagine Chili will put those in at around eight twenty. He put the twentieth anniversary party tickets on Know the Show today, but he said he was down for doing something fun this week, so we're gonna give.
Speaker 1: Away a big block of tickets.
Speaker 2: Okay, big block of tickets this week, so keep listening. And I said we would do something fun on Wednesday, So that's coming up. No rain today, partly cloudy, high of eighty nine.
Speaker 1: I know there's a storm bruin. It looks to be.
Speaker 2: Because I don't think it's as organized as is they'd like it to make to start making really solid predictions, but it looks like it's going to be heading towards Louisiana. But we are going to see some rain here. Wednesday is our best chance of getting some rain. But bring on these cooler temperatures. I was so tempted. I didn't go to the storage unit. I did not go get my Halloween decorations.
Speaker 4: It's too early, boy weather, the weather was nice.
Speaker 2: It would have been a great weekend to do some decorating. If you're if you're decorating outdoors, it's just for me, it's too early. We watched Jack Skellington on Friday, though, so the Halloween kind of can's been opened in my house.
Speaker 1: We watched Nightmare before Christmas. Nice. I don't like it sucks. You don't like the song? It sucks. I don't like it sucks. I can't it sucks that my kid likes it. It stinks.
Speaker 8: It's just scared me when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: It's not scary.
Speaker 7: It's just like I just thought, like Jack Skellington was a creepy looking dude.
Speaker 1: I just thought it's too sing song.
Speaker 5: Here's this Crayl juice.
Speaker 1: Story is not great.
Speaker 4: He needs to get into theater.
Speaker 1: It's not good. It's not like this is it fair?
Speaker 2: I watched it. I fell asleep three times. Dad, I'm like, what what is it?
Speaker 11: Over?
Speaker 1: Three times? I fell asleep. You guys know this. People will call every day, Hey man, it's my birthday today.
Speaker 2: I'm like, sweet, happy birthday, man, youse doesn't want to cares about it?
Speaker 1: Your you know what I mean, Like, you're the one that cares about it.
Speaker 2: If I do it for you, then I got to do it for the next guy in the next gale tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Then he just caught up. You're just seeing happy birthday to everybody all the time.
Speaker 4: Dude, Well, can I just say something really quickly?
Speaker 1: It's not going to be good.
Speaker 8: But I was, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: I took my sister go get a pedicure because she came into town and.
Speaker 5: She, you know, for the she has the baby, and said, let's go.
Speaker 4: Let's yeah, let's go. You get you some you time and some self care. The couple across from there was a couple across from us, woman and a man, and they were celebrating her birthday. And he goes, you know, we're celebrating her birthday all month long. She goes and she goes, what are we doing after this? And he goes, whatever you want, my love, whatever you want. He goes, pick a place we'll go just all month long. It's going to be like this you And I said, wow, that is fun. That sounds like fun. I'm just going that was going on across from me, that there will be at least one birthday in the city that is being celebrated.
Speaker 1: All right, I can you think girls are dudes that are into their birthday? Is weird to me.
Speaker 5: The dude was like, honey, bunny, here's.
Speaker 1: What I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday to the most amount of people of any day of the year. It's today. I'm shouting out. I'm shouting out Adam Sandler, Colonel Sanders, and possibly you and Todd Yeah, oh that's right, Rebecca's husband. Hey, happy birthday, tid. I don't mind doing it today. September ninth is the most common birthday Facebook. Also in the United States of America.
Speaker 7: So who else eighty round tree know that? Tina Marie and Monique Turner and Steve Childs.
Speaker 2: So according to the Social Security Administration, today number one, number one, and you know what it really is, September the top ten, the top ten are actually all days that fall between September ninth and September twenty the top ten birthdays of the year. Why because everyone's banging in December. Everyone's banging it out in December.
Speaker 8: Like the worst birthday of the year. Though is later this week.
Speaker 1: Right, September eleventh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you don't want that birthday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I imagine people weren't doing that, you know, they were.
Speaker 6: Went, they didn't know.
Speaker 1: Alex, September eleventh kind of happened and then be came.
Speaker 7: I know, but that would suck if that was your birthday, and it's like, oh, and that's kind of ruined.
Speaker 2: Now we know somebody whose birthdays of September eleventh, We know somebody.
Speaker 1: It'll come up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more babies are made in the lead up to the holidays than any other time of the year.
Speaker 1: Everyone's in a good mood, got a little extra.
Speaker 2: Time on our hands, got a little extra booze in our system.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 2: I mean, we would do this all the time. With the pre Labor Day Priday Bemkinna contest. There were so many babies that were born. Now you know that when the do dates were always September to almost you know, leading up to Halloween. September somehow is in the most common month to be born, and that happens to be owned by August. But yeah, the top ten and today is the absolute number one. So if you're having a birthday today, I'll give you a pass because it's the biggest one. I'll take time to give you a little birthday shout out today.
Speaker 5: For this week.
Speaker 2: No, no, I gotta do it just one day. I've heard top forty radio morning shows or just people on the air, and then it just turns into the birthday show. And I just don't It's never been entertaining once to hear a list of people that you don't know or care about and their birthdays.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just it's.
Speaker 2: Bad radio, man. I hope they continue to do it. This is stained and lowest in me.
Speaker 1: It's ninety four or five. But it was Good Morning Rob Ryan's show.
Speaker 2: I had looked at my email, you know, like fifteen minutes, like four people sent in six picks. Ashley with a I sent in her six picks, like she's just ready to go. Does she just take six picks every weekend?
Speaker 6: Just in case?
Speaker 5: She does it in case we don't do it.
Speaker 2: It's like the second stringers always being ready to be putting in, just put in. She's like, listen, QB, I know I'm second string, but listen, I am game ready.
Speaker 3: I am ready.
Speaker 2: She is six pick ready. Every Monday she s helmet I saw Nurse D sent in six picks chili. That's your twin brother said, because you didn't bring in your six picks. Listeners are allowed to set in six picks and you can't do a thing about it, and you have to post them all. You have to post them all.
Speaker 3: What twin brother.
Speaker 8: Oh look, I'm sorry, I'm hurt.
Speaker 6: I'm just lasting out.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad you. I'm glad you last.
Speaker 1: He's very upset.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 4: All right, people, her people please stop.
Speaker 2: Next hour, we're going to start something and it's gonna last. Twenty days. To celebrate twenty years, Academy Sports and Outdoors are giving us two hundred dollars gift cards every day for twenty days celebrating the twenty.
Speaker 1: Years of the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Eight twenty would be your first first chance to get after that and then man, four weeks of.
Speaker 1: This, that's okay, that's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rocking Alternatives The Rod.
Speaker 12: Ryan Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four five, A Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz Roach Last Resort rod Ryan Show Part The Clauda Skuys Today no rain.
Speaker 2: High of eighty nine chances of rain will start increasing tomorrow. Wednesday is gonna be our best chance of rain as we try to figure out what the hell's going on in the golf.
Speaker 1: Right now, I think we're okay though. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 2: Two hundred dollars for twenty days, celebrating twenty years. Thank you to our friends over at Academy Sports and Outdoors. Two hundred dollars gift cards start getting blown out for the next twenty days.
Speaker 1: Today's day one, eight twenty to get that gift card. Right now, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I want to get back to that weather you were talking about, because the National Hurricane Center is peak hurricanes ses. If you didn't know, the National Hurricane Center issued a tropical storm watches for parts of the Mexican Gulf Coast because there is a storm developing offshore. They're saying this tropical cyclone six may become tropical storm fran Scene today or tomorrow. They're saying by Tuesday, a lot of heavy rain could reach some of Southeast Texas. Might be Wednesday for US, but the storm is heading towards the Upper Texas coast or even Louisiana. Houston Marya. John Whitmeyer has said Houston is preparing for the storm's potential impact on our area. Governor Greg Abbott has directed the Texas Department of Emergency Management to activate state emergency response resources because you've got to be prepared for stuff like this just in case. Okay, So that's kind of what's going on weather wise. Meanwhile, investigators in Kentucky say they recovered an AR fifteen rifle that was believed to be used in Saturday's highway shootings. If you didn't know, an eastern eastern Kentucky, five people were seriously injured when a gunman opened fire along this stretch of ice that's in Laurel County. A manhunt is now ongoing for the suspect, who has been identified as thirty two year old Joseph Couch. He is considered to be armed and dangerous, So manhunt active right now in eastern Kentucky. All right, let's talk about football, because you know, if you go to an NFL game, you're not going to be getting like the super good deal on beer in treats because it is a little pricey. But according to this website where it casting dot Com, NFL fans will have to pay about fifteen bucks for a beer and hot dog at stadiums this season, so that's like the average price. The most expensive you're gonna pay is in Seattle, where one beer, a brew, and a dog costs nineteen dollars and ninety eight cents, so about twenty bucks okay for a round of brew and dog. Both the La Rams and the Chargers cost nineteen forty nine, and then Chicago Bears, Norland Saints and Jaguars are basically.
Speaker 5: All nineteen bucks.
Speaker 4: The priciest hot dogs are in Seattle and Los Angeles.
Speaker 5: Here in Houston is cheap list.
Speaker 2: We're on the like the good side of list.
Speaker 4: So it's us, the Ravens and the Lions just under twelve dollars to get a beer and a hot dog, which is considered a great deal. In the NFL, four teams only charge five dollars and forty nine cents for a beer, so that's the Jets, the Lions, the Dolphins, and the Falcons, so those are the cheapest you're gonna get five forty nine for a beer. Atlanta also has the cheapest hot dogs at just two bucks each. And get this, twenty two teams charge more for beer than what the Falcons charge for both a hot dog and a beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Atlanta Falcons they use that as a marketing ploy like come and you can eat cheap, eat and drink cheap Now.
Speaker 4: I mean it's nose a deal. Yeah, especially if you got go with a family.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 5: Okay, this is Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 4: If you're wondering who won the Drake Kendrick beef, this might just settle it because Kendrick was chosen to headline the super Bowl halftime show. He's going to headline super Bowl fifty nine in February. He was part of the Hip Hop Them halftime show back in twenty twenty two. And yeah, I mean this is something that seemed like a really early announcement for the Super Bowl already.
Speaker 2: Can the Drake Beef be played up up until the Super Bowl and then Drake comes out?
Speaker 6: Dude, you did the CFL. She'd retaliate and get Drake to play it there at the Gray Cup?
Speaker 1: Oh really? So five people can watch them?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, they wanted to send methods.
Speaker 2: Well Canadians, I tell you what, you bring Drake out though during the halftime show, Like I would get that.
Speaker 1: I would understand, like what a massive thing that would that would.
Speaker 4: Definitely be a headline maker. That's fair. But yeah, we're just gonna have to wait. All the Kendrick fans are very excited about this, but can they maintain that until the Super Bowl. I didn't take long before Lincoln Park's new co lead vocalist has to deal with some controversy. While comparisons to Chester Bennington were always going to happen, the problems Emily Armstrong is having to address is people criticizing her support of convicted rapists and actor Danny Masterson and her ties to scientology. Those that's what people appear to be coming after she did post to ig stories saying she was asked to attend an early court hearing in support of Danny, but realize afterwards he had misjudged the situation. She's like to be clear, I don't condone abuse or rootlets against women. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: Are we playing this today? Have you seen it?
Speaker 2: I look, I think it's a great song now like I liked it when when we first heard it, when we first played it together and we commented on it.
Speaker 1: Now I love it. I love it I do. I heard it several times over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really, I like this too. I like this, Yeah, I like it a lot.
Speaker 7: The Saxons started the season off with a win yesterday. They beat the Colts twenty nine to twenty seven. It was a close game, but they got the job done. Stefon Diggs had two touchdown catches and Joe mix And rush for one hundred fifty nine yards and a touchdown in their Texans debuts.
Speaker 6: They were also the only team in.
Speaker 7: The AFC South that won yesterday, so they start the year out all by themselves in first place of the division. Week one isn't over yet. We've got Monday Night Football Tonight. Brock Perty and the forty nine Ers host Aaron Rodgers and the Jets. Forty nine Ers or three and a half point favorites heading into this one. Kickoffs at seven fifteen and you can watch it on ESPN and ABC.
Speaker 6: On the sports blog page.
Speaker 7: Today, a fight broke out in the in zone between Raiders and Chargers players and it was just it was crazy.
Speaker 1: It was a brew haha.
Speaker 7: Donnie Brooke, Donny Donnie Brooke, like a done bo went down in the end zone yesterday during that game.
Speaker 6: You can check that out on the sports blog page.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 7: In baseball, the Astros fell to the Diamondbacks twelve to six. They did take two of three to Arizona over the weekend, though they'll have a day off today before they open up a three game series with the A's tomorrow night.
Speaker 8: At minute made that is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: I know. It means that I stopped at one, and that means that that platform feels that that's all I want to see. Yeah, I saw more fights this weekend at sporting events.
Speaker 6: Well that's it. It's week one.
Speaker 7: So like everybody's in, like you're excited to get back. You got a lot of testostra, and then people like get drunk and like maybe you're a Giants fan that you just start lashing out people that say mean things to you.
Speaker 1: People are just acting a fool out there. I stopped at one, Tessa and then.
Speaker 2: One, but Elon Musk thinks, Okay, this guy just wants to watch people fighting.
Speaker 1: I wrong. In the sands, there was so much God act terrible.
Speaker 2: Did you see that guy bills Mafia off the top of a bus, end of the table, off the top of one of those coach buses.
Speaker 1: I just retweeted it. I just retweeted it.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is one of the highest ones with no snow or nothing yet. This one really does look like he's going to bust his whole side of his body like Evil Canievil style. There's no way that that guy didn't break something, at least a rib something.
Speaker 1: I retweeted that at Rod Ryan's show on.
Speaker 6: The x Houston's Rocking Alternatives morning show.
Speaker 10: Six a.
Speaker 2: Bus, it's three eleven down, Yeah, halfway, it's quick, it's going quick. On the Monday eighth, seven time flies when there's no pictures of Chili on the website.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that sure does.
Speaker 2: A man forgot that he had six picks this weekend. Cole Harvey s Cole Harvey sending.
Speaker 1: Her six picks.
Speaker 5: Someone's getting it done.
Speaker 2: Lots of six picks rolling in from listeners. Chili's twin brother said that he had to post them all with no complaints because he didn't post.
Speaker 1: His six pace. No rain today, partly cloudy high of eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Chances go up tomorrow, then Wednesday is our best chance of rain for the weekend.
Speaker 1: It is gonna warm up though. That was just like one of those little teases. I don't know if you can still say this.
Speaker 2: Up north, there would be something called you'd have that Indian summer. Whoa can you say that? I don't know, But what what happen is?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 2: I was talking to talking to ant Sue this weekend up in the home office of north Tonawanda. It's like kind of chili outside.
Speaker 1: Right, but then you're gonna get another wave.
Speaker 2: It'll be like hot for a week, and that would be you'd always have what they call Indian summer. Okay, maybe it's Chris else Apple saw summer.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they call it now, but.
Speaker 6: The command commander summer.
Speaker 2: But we are already in, but it's gonna warm up, just getting that little taste with a little breeze.
Speaker 1: If you were in the shade this weekend, I kept going back outside.
Speaker 4: I was like, let's let's have a drink, but let's.
Speaker 5: Do it outside. It's just like take our.
Speaker 4: Stuff, like let's do what we'll do inside, but let's just do it outside.
Speaker 5: I just loved it. It's just so spectacular.
Speaker 2: What else, Okay, yeah, I did see this. Someone was asking if I I didn't know it was called the Triple Coma Club.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? The triple milli millionaire?
Speaker 2: The Triple Coma Club is the billionaires Club.
Speaker 8: Triple Commas seem like a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a new entry on the list of billionaires. You're ready, When you're ready, come and get it. Triple Commas for Selene Gomez.
Speaker 2: Selena Gomez a billionaire, a billionairess. If you will, Wow, she's worth one point three billion dollars.
Speaker 5: It's that makeup line.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: It's the makeup line.
Speaker 2: No, you are telling me, and you're correct. It's the rare beauty cosmetics brand that has brought her most of her wealth. She's a recording artist. I don't know if she's any good. I like this song. She's an actress. I don't know if she's any good. She looks like a kid. To me, she's like a child. Yeah. The only murders in the building is a big show. Yeah, I love it, but I love it Disney and Waverley Place.
Speaker 1: I don't know what she's done.
Speaker 2: Okay, but she's one of But she's one of the youngest female billionaires in the country.
Speaker 1: She's thirty two years old.
Speaker 2: She's also she has an interest in the mental health brand Wondermind.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then you know three people bought her.
Speaker 2: Album, and then she's got good streaming deals and brand partnerships, concert tickets, which leads me to believe.
Speaker 1: We know Taylor Swift is on this list and.
Speaker 5: She's good friends with Taylor, but it leads.
Speaker 1: Me to believe that Taylor Swift isn't doing enough. And I know that sounds insane.
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift made a billion dollars and why she's the first is because she made it on touring and recording and writing songs, right, all of her money, no fashion way. I'm sure she's got something out there, but the lion's share of her billion dollars and not even jay Z, the lion's share of Taylor's money is because she's such a great songwriter.
Speaker 5: That's right, That's right.
Speaker 4: So it was so funny that you're saying this because someone had left a vape on the ground and it said like something Swift. I go, look Taylor Swift bape and we had this conversation like, could you imagine like anything this woman put her if she decided so, babe, literally, the world would be like Okay, we've a she like anything she touches. But I kind of like that she doesn't do the makeup line and stuff. I kind of like that it's all from songwriting. It's because it's coming oh man, maybe afterwards.
Speaker 1: But she's one of the most influential people on the planet.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying, Like it has to be quality or else.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just think I think she could all these people if she wanted to do a makeup line, and if she wanted to put out stuff, she could lap everybody. Kim Kardashian, I think he's in that billion. Well, let's take a look. Taylor Swift one point one billion, Magic Johnson's a billionaire, Lebron James now a billionaire, Tiger Woods, Rihanna because of the lingerie, not from the album saleh.
Speaker 5: Her makeup line is very good too, but that her.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 2: Rihanna one point four billion, she's thirty six. Tyler Perry's a billionaire, Peter Jackson, Kim Kardashian one point seven billion, Jay Z two point five billion, Oprah two point eight, Michael Jordan three point two at four point eight for Steven Spielberg and George Lucas five point five billion. God damn Star Wars. Yeah, it's just unbelievable. He just okay, go ahead, make every spinoff, spoof everything you want to do.
Speaker 1: Just cut me in for half, give me some of that Casha. He doesn't care.
Speaker 2: He doesn't care if there's twenty five things on on Netflix and Disney Plus, he doesn't care. I'm Ryan, start.
Speaker 5: A beauty line.
Speaker 4: Just think about it.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, why not.
Speaker 4: We'll do a sun block.
Speaker 6: We'll do a sunblock on rock.
Speaker 9: Will.
Speaker 5: Now you guys want money?
Speaker 1: All right? We set up for the Sizzler.
Speaker 4: Oh no, why would you do that?
Speaker 10: Was me?
Speaker 5: Would you do that?
Speaker 6: I got excited to.
Speaker 11: Crazy.
Speaker 1: I missed the Sizzler. But what we have for you, thanks.
Speaker 2: We're getting two hundred dollars twenty days celebrating twenty years our friends at Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 1: I got a two hundred dollars gift card for you. Coming up after the break.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Twenty four or five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show on this meal Monday.
Speaker 1: Got a huge prize coming up for you.
Speaker 2: Just a little bit first time ever, Daniel Sanchez ron, I was wondering, since there's no more Summer Sizzler tomorrow, could you play the game where you compare the show against celebrities, the Who's Taller?
Speaker 1: Game? That's always a classic.
Speaker 2: No one has ever requested the Who's Taller game?
Speaker 5: No one, not once until now.
Speaker 1: Well, well, well, I mean I don't want to have a disappointed rod Ryan sho listener out there.
Speaker 5: And have that. Let me see about that, let me see.
Speaker 1: What I can take up.
Speaker 2: I'm down for playing a game tomorrow. I mean, yeah, you're right. No more suburb of summer Sizzler.
Speaker 1: Uh partner Claudis guys today no rain high of eighty nine. What's trending?
Speaker 5: Let's see.
Speaker 4: I got Nurse d six picks from her weekend. I got Josh Trees almost six picks from his weekend. Anybody that Adam the cop Dallas Daniel okay, Chili and listener Chris is sixty okay, like a combined blog page, like they're co hosting the blog page. Chili and listener Chris is six picks from the weekend. Yeah, you can find all of that, at least.
Speaker 1: What he throw picture chili in there just to get them involved.
Speaker 4: Maybe I haven't. There's so many dos. I actually clicked on r d's first Oh yeah yeah, so check it out. So listener, christ I think did some photo shopping.
Speaker 5: There's chili on a cruise. There's chili on the beach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some band pics, nice sunsets.
Speaker 1: Okay, So chili is there under six pick somewhere.
Speaker 4: Oh look, there's a rainbow a chili okay.
Speaker 1: Oh, of course he's at the end of the rainbow.
Speaker 5: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Our pot of gold is everybody's pot of gold. Okay.
Speaker 4: Also, Apple is planning to stream today's glow Time event on its website and YouTube. The iPhone maker is expected to announce its news product lines with AI enhancements to capabilities.
Speaker 5: I know everyone is very excited about that.
Speaker 4: And then get this, The.
Speaker 5: Tonight's The Tonight Show is starting Jimmy Fallon.
Speaker 4: They're changing up its schedule so it's only going to air new episodes four nights a week. They're going to repeat a show on Friday. Other late night shows like Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Meyers, they already do four. They only do four episodes a week. So apparently the move NBC.
Speaker 5: Looking to get a little tighter with its budget. That's what's trending.
Speaker 4: A ninety for five of the buzz.
Speaker 1: I'm locked in five days a week.
Speaker 5: That's the thing. I'm mad at you the most about and.
Speaker 1: Locked in for a show. I should have done something about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, we do live shows Monday through Friday.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about that.
Speaker 2: Let me talk about this giveaway because I'm so excited Academy.
Speaker 1: I think they.
Speaker 2: Wanted to do something kind of cool to celebrate the rod Ryan Show being on the air twenty years. So we kind of bounced around a couple of things, and what we came up with Academy Sports and Outdoors two hundred dollars gift card for twenty days in a row, celebrating twenty years of the Rod Ryan Show here in Houston. So this is day one of twenty days of two hundred dollars gift cards. I'll take caller number twenty.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Chili, you're a good moot.
Speaker 6: The word about it.
Speaker 1: You just you should have saw the look at me, the look he just gave me.
Speaker 2: Caller number twenty for twenty years, twenty days, two hundred dollars from Academy Sports and Outdoors seven one three five.
Speaker 10: You're listening to the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, the.
Speaker 2: Back rock star Rod Ryan's show on this milk Monday.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being a part of the show today.
Speaker 2: No rain, partly cloudy, sky highs up around eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Who's on the phone here?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 1: Well, hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: My name is Peyton.
Speaker 10: Call.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, I'm I'm the really on the radio.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Peyton, you're on the radio right hererazy.
Speaker 4: Been listening to y'all.
Speaker 14: I have been listening to y'all.
Speaker 9: I was born in two thousand and one. Okay, y'all, y'all have been on the air for twenty years now.
Speaker 1: I was four years old.
Speaker 9: That is crazy, y'all. Oh my gosh, thank y'all.
Speaker 1: This is crazy, y'all.
Speaker 9: Thank you guys so much. Y'all have been my favorite ever since I was a kid.
Speaker 2: So we really haven't gotten to whether or not you're the correct caller yet. Wouldn't that be a pisser if you were nineteen? Yeah, wouldn't that like? Can you imagine if you were a caller nineteen? I'm looking for twenty.
Speaker 9: Eh, yes, that would be horrible.
Speaker 1: It would be horrible. It would be horrible, because y'all that's really cool. Don't you do it?
Speaker 6: Don't I got nowhere else I go.
Speaker 2: Uh, your caller twenty, your caller twenty.
Speaker 1: I needed caller twenty. You are twenty, Peyton. Congratulations, Oh my gosh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: So and the reason why Chili's throwing eye daggers at me is because I said call her twenty. Because it's twenty years of the Rod Ryan Show. For twenty days, we're gonna give away a two hundred dollars Academy gift card. Peyton, you have a two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card.
Speaker 1: It's yours.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, that is crazy.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 4: What a day.
Speaker 5: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: It's awesome, Peyton. I really enjoy having you on the show today. You should call it more often.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 9: I try to work. I work early in the morning, but I'm I'm I'm kind of a night owl, so I don't I don't necessarily wake up on time all the time, but I try.
Speaker 4: I love listening to y'all.
Speaker 9: In the morning, like y'all are the ones that get my day going. Everything.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I've really I've enjoyed every second of you being on the air with us today.
Speaker 1: Peyton, you sound great.
Speaker 2: Enjoy your two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card.
Speaker 1: You're the first one. I got nineteen more of these to give.
Speaker 9: Away, right, Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you Peyton, You're awesome.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 2: I was debating whether or not to share this on the radio, and I think it could only help somebody because number one, I know in my heart of hearts it's a hoax and if there's someone out there that is thinking of like maybe giving in to somebody I got. I got to really really elaborate email that's very specific to me. They're asking me for money, and.
Speaker 4: This isn't extorted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this isn't a Saudi prince either. This isn't a Saudi prince. What they have my address?
Speaker 5: That's not cool.
Speaker 2: They have some weird Google I mean, a weird pick of like my back door of my house.
Speaker 1: I'll show you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's definitely part of your house, but it's a piece of my house, Okay, And They start out with Rodney, Ryan, is visiting your address a more effective way to contact you in case you don't take.
Speaker 1: Action on this?
Speaker 5: The threat that's is that the first threat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's important that I pay attention to this message. This came into my email, just my home you know, the email that I use that I get spam on.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: We all get spam and crub and crap. You've been treading on thin ice with your browsing habits, scrolling through those filthy videos and clicking on links, stumbling upon some not so safe sites. I actually installed some spyware on an app that you use, and while you were busy watching our videos, your smartphone began working remotely, providing me with complete control over your device. And Number one, I look at porn. Number two, I never look at porn on my phone ever. I don't use my phone for porn ever, never what I want. And so he goes on and it's like, you know, I have got access to all your emails, contacts and social media accounts what I want. I've been keeping tabs on your pathetic existence for a while.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 5: Geez, this guy's aggressive me.
Speaker 1: I put in more days than I should have.
Speaker 2: Digging into your personal life extracted quite a bit of juicy info.
Speaker 1: This might be for my ex wife, juicy.
Speaker 2: That would be a Then I developed videos and screenshots where on one side of the screen there's the videos you were playing.
Speaker 1: On the other part is your vacant face.
Speaker 2: With simply a click, I can send this garbage to every single one of your contacts.
Speaker 5: Send it to me for sure.
Speaker 2: It goes on to say, this is an email, really well crafted email. I see you're getting anxious, but let's get real. As a family man, I'm ready to wipe the slate clean and allow you to move on with your life. And wipe your slate clean. Said that twice. I'm about to give you two options. Either ignore this message bad for you, or pay me a small.
Speaker 1: Fee and close out this chapter in your life.
Speaker 5: Well, how much are we talking this small fee?
Speaker 8: I feel like it's not going to be small.
Speaker 5: What is small fee?
Speaker 4: Because you know good guys like this, You just pay them and they'll go away.
Speaker 1: They will come back, and it says here, don't be playing the victim here. Second option.
Speaker 2: So again, if I don't do anything, I won't even be able to fathom the embarrassment that I'm going to endure. The second option is to pay this person and be confidential about it, which I'm ruining right now. We'll call this this is my privacy fee. Now let's see what happens. When you choose this path. Your secret remains private. I will destroy all the data and evidence once you send payment. He's nice, sounds like a pretty stand up guy giving you his word. You'll transfer the payment via bitcoin. Only pay attention. I'm telling you straight. We gotta make a deal. I want you to know I'm coming at you with good intentions. I stand by my promises. Okay, So I got a transfer amount.
Speaker 1: US dollars is one fifty dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh that's it.
Speaker 2: Where do you get that number? And there's a bitcoin QR code? Because I wouldn't even know how to pay somebody in bitcoin, but he has provided me a QR code. He says it says here. Once you pay up, you'll sleep like a baby. I'll keep my word. Why would why would I ask you? What was I asking any more money? After I already sent him one thousand, nine and fifty dollars.
Speaker 4: That's all you need.
Speaker 5: You can start a new life with that.
Speaker 1: Says you've got one data sort this out.
Speaker 6: This is how long pig you're late.
Speaker 2: And I've got a unique pixel in this email, and I know whether or not you've read my email message. So my sister will catch the bitcoin payment and wipe out all the dirt I got on. You don't even think about replying to this.
Speaker 1: It's pointless.
Speaker 5: I don't even think about it.
Speaker 1: This is probably again probably taking a stab at it.
Speaker 2: You're a family man, okay, boom got that does have a picture of the corner of the back corner of my house. Yeah, to prove that, Hey, we know where you live. It has my address.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Did I go in and change things? Yeah, of course I had to. But am I sending money to somebody?
Speaker 1: Hell no?
Speaker 2: But this We all kind of laugh about the saudy prints ones where like, hey, I got all this money and I found you, and I'm going to give you the billion dollars.
Speaker 1: You're my contact in America. There's people that fall for that crap.
Speaker 5: This one is specific.
Speaker 1: This one's very specific. Man. I can see where if this was sent to an old person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, that can be really bad.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't like him.
Speaker 5: I don't like that he said, you had a vacant face.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was rude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm not as vacant when I'm looking at that stuff. I'm usually pretty excited about it.
Speaker 1: Just be vigilant out there, be careful.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not buying into this, but I I brought it into share just so no one else gets scammed.
Speaker 6: The Ryan Show, Good Morning, ninety four ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The buzz I seem to be the one on the show that loves that the most. I really really like it. Lincoln Park the emptiness Machine. I saw Dead Sarah. Everybody knows who Dead Sarah is now, I think, Yeah, the new lead singer of Lincoln Park came from the band Dead Sarah. Dead Sarah put out a post on Instagram congratulating her and then said, don't.
Speaker 1: Worry, We're not done over here yet. Nice. So they looking for a new lead singer right now? Maybe so.
Speaker 2: I did get a chance to go back and I watched the whole lie like the debut of the new version of Lincoln Park. New drummer too, by the way, and you know, I thought she did a really, really good job. I can't even imagine the pressure the the debut.
Speaker 1: And filling the shoes and all of that. Yeah, I mean she nailed that song.
Speaker 2: That song came on first, and then they did they did some covers, some you know, some stuff that like let's see what she can do on the Chester stuff, you know, And I thought the first couple of songs were a little shaky, and then she got into a groove and man, I think she's gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: I think she's gonna be great. Actually, new Lincoln.
Speaker 2: Park, new album on the way, and I'm glad that we're banging that one already.
Speaker 1: Man, the Emptiness.
Speaker 2: Machine Rod Ryan's show, Leuanne got the same email as me. Luander listens to the show, she goes, ok omg rod I got the same email.
Speaker 1: Wow, just proof that it's you know, it's big scam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a scam. I come talked about a scam email that was coming through. Yeah, I just gotta be careful on that stuff.
Speaker 4: The latest scam I got was people asked me to be on like a like on Call Her Daddy or like a big podcast and if they were gonna pay me, you know, two thousand dollars for my appearance, and they just needed me to click on the link and like sign up and do all this stuff, you know, so they could pay me.
Speaker 1: I just worried about my mom. My sister's got to deal with that stuff.
Speaker 2: My mom's like she'll give her email address to anybody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, she thinks.
Speaker 2: She's talking to celebrities and stuff. It's like, oh, man, don't do that.
Speaker 1: It's terrible. It's terrible. All right, guys, what left? What have we done? Okay?
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary tickets those are on No the show. But we got pit passes to go see Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper the Freaks on Parade Tour. We're gonna give those away early in the nine o'clock hour. We have pit tickets all week to that show. Sunday Night Rock.
Speaker 6: And Alternative Verre He used to the rod Ryan Larning.
Speaker 10: Show six to ten am. The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five bus rod Ryan Show on this Milk Monday Cloud No Rain that they have around eighty nine h pit tickets the Rob Zombie Alice Cooper. We'll get to those that around nine to ten. Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary parting tickets on Know the Show.
Speaker 1: That'll be the last thing we do before we get out of here today, right now, one final time, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: So we have a quiet start to the working as far as like weather is concerned.
Speaker 5: But there is a potential storm six that is.
Speaker 4: Strengthening in Where is it?
Speaker 5: What bay is it in?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's not in campag Chase.
Speaker 5: Oh it is in the Bay of campaig Cheese. It is, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 6: It is love that day, nothing about debate.
Speaker 2: Okay, sow those weather people love talking about the Bay of campag.
Speaker 4: Che So how could this storm impact us here? Well, it's important to note that it's still uncertain because they.
Speaker 5: Don't have the storm path.
Speaker 4: But the smart people, the meteorologists, they're going to figure that out for us around Tuesday ish. They're saying it could turn into tropical storm fran scene the mare you not friends, waw Mary John Whitmyer says, Houston is preparing for the storm's potential impact on our area. And then Governor Greg Abbott is directing the Texas Department of Emergency Management to activate state emergency response resources.
Speaker 5: Okay, so rain, maybe that's it. That's the big story.
Speaker 4: All right, Another big story over the weekend was this shooting on I seventy five Interstate seventy five, which is in eastern Kentucky. This happened on Saturday morning. Five people were seriously injured when a gunman opened fire along this stretch of the freeway in Laurel County. They confirmed that this man, thirty two year old Joseph Couch, is the suspect that they are looking for. Investigators say they recovered an AR fifteen rifle from the woods near the interstate there. He is still at large, so there is a man hunt that is ongoing that started on Saturday and police still haven't found the guy. Let's talk about Google flights, because, believe it or not, it's time to start planning and booking your holiday vacation plans. If you have any Google flights, put a list of the top trending travel destinations for Thanksgiving, Chris and New Year's Eve, and you've got Orlando at number one. Disney World for Thanksgiving one. Okay, I'm followed by Cancun, New York City, Tokyo, London, Miami, Paris, La Las Vegas, and Honolulu. Now that may seem more extravagant than you expect, but it's early and people plan ahead for these bigger trips, and no one like really is scrambling for flights to Wisconsin back home to see family, you.
Speaker 5: Know, all the Corpus.
Speaker 4: I usually can get a flight to Corpus. Christy Fairley is the link. So yeah, the bigger plan trips. Those are kind of the same for Christmas. In New Year's as well. Tokyo is added to the list. There Puerto Rico, and I already said Paris, so make your flight plans. Mcaulay Culkin is going on tour, but not for one of his weird musical projects.
Speaker 5: He'll be talking about Home Alone.
Speaker 4: This is a show being billed as a Nostalgic Night with Macaulay Culkin. They're saying it's kicks off in November in Buffalo and then it'll end in Massachusetts December fifteenth. Pre sale for this starts today. So this is a show that includes a screening of the very popular movie Home Alone, but it'll be followed by a Q and A with the audience. Macaulay Cochin will also be offering a VIP package that includes a photo op with him. So if this is your idol Alex, this is your guy you gotta take.
Speaker 5: L to go see him, can ask him whatever you want. You're gonna Q and A.
Speaker 4: Okay, everyone's expecting the Oasis reunion to blow up as soon as Liam and Noel Gallagher start fighting. But who had this on their bingo card. Liam went to war over the weekend with Oasis fans. People were complaining about the price and availability of tickets and Liam was just going in telling fans to shut up.
Speaker 1: He interacts with fans all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's but is he He's just trolling right.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, here's one. So somebody had asked him, Hey, is Noel still a potato? He called He famously called his big brother a potato? Uh huh, No he bloody well, no, he is bloody well not. I won't have a bad word to say about that gorgeous, talented young man.
Speaker 1: So now they're all getting along.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he called him a seaword back in.
Speaker 4: Liam called Noel the sea word back in twenty seventeen because he was charging about four hundred and sixty dollars for tickets.
Speaker 5: To the shows.
Speaker 4: But now the Oasis tickets are going for even more than that. People are putting out that specific attack there was.
Speaker 2: An eighty thousand dollars ticket on sale for Oasis. I saw it, an eighty thousand dollars ticket.
Speaker 1: I mean, somebody's just at least trying it. I'll say this.
Speaker 2: Of course, the gouging and all that stuff. There's hints of possibly coming over here to the States. And then somebody also tweeted at Liam and said, mate or mate, it might be jumping the gun a bit, but is an album in the air, And Liam says, it's in the bag, mate, f in the air.
Speaker 1: It's done. They have an album coming.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: So Oasis is going to be a story for a couple of years. Wow, for a couple of years.
Speaker 8: That makes me happy.
Speaker 1: It does me too. And I've never saw him. I never got to see him back.
Speaker 7: You gotta go, Yeah. Texans started the season off with a win yesterday. They beat the Colts twenty nine to twenty seven. Stefon Diggs had two touchdown catches and Joe Mixon rush for one hundred and fifty nine yards and a touchdown in their Texans debuts. They were also the only team in the AFC South that won yesterday, so they start out the year all by themselves in first place in the division.
Speaker 6: Week one is not over yet.
Speaker 7: We've got Monday Night football tonight, brock Perty and the forty nine ers host Aaron Rodgers and the Jets. Forty nine Ers are three and a half point favorites heading into this one. Kickoffs at seven to fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN ABC. On the sports blog page today, you can go see Simone Biles'.
Speaker 6: Husband scoring a touchdown. Jonathan Biles scored. I know it's Jonathan Oensis.
Speaker 1: Did he take his her last name?
Speaker 6: Should have?
Speaker 7: It was a special teams play, so that was pretty cool. And then you can go see Dion Sanders former cowboy, his son is a bad sport and walked off the field with two minutes left when she when Colorado was getting blown out yet on Saturday?
Speaker 1: What did they lose that? Read my lips.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you could have got blown out by Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Headphones at me.
Speaker 6: Go check out the sports block page today.
Speaker 7: In baseball, Astros fell to the Diamondbacks twelve to six. They did take two or three from Arizona over the weekend, though I'll have a day off before opening up at three games series with the A's tomorrow night.
Speaker 8: A minute made that is what's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: How much time was on the clock when shra Door left two minutes.
Speaker 8: Walking off the field.
Speaker 1: Anything could have happen to fumble or something.
Speaker 7: There's down twenty eight ten, I know, but any given Sunday Saturday replaced.
Speaker 6: Him with somebody else.
Speaker 1: Oh gotcha, all right?
Speaker 8: And then he threw his team out of the bus. The whole prescottience.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool?
Speaker 1: What did did Dad handle it?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 8: He probably just was like, it's my son. I don't know, I didn't see the should know or just blame his offensive lind the.
Speaker 1: Whole time, right, fair enough?
Speaker 12: The Buzz Rock and Altearn very soon The rod Ryan Morning Show from six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: Okay, ninety four or five in the Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 8: Red Hot Chili pet Mars.
Speaker 1: Nine oh eight.
Speaker 2: Got pit passes coming up for you, Rob Zombie, Ellis Cooper playing Sunday Night at the Woodlands. Now, you can still buy tickets to that show.
Speaker 1: But you can't. I'm sure you can't buy Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that, but I know we have tickets in the pit all week leading up to that show.
Speaker 1: Sunday.
Speaker 2: Don't forget Saturday Night two nights Back to Back Rock and Saturday Night is Creed three Doors Down Finger eleven. That show is a complete sellout. We have pit tickets to that all week on the show. We blew those out at around seven to twenty this morning, so Chili will probably put those in at eight twenty with might play game Wow. Some people are throwing in some suggestions for some games. As we are, what two weeks into September, it's technically still summer.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad about it. It just it's the way the world works now.
Speaker 2: The Halloween aisle has arrived at all the grocery stores, oh yeah, and probably all the other stores that you guys go to. But the only place I really ever go is the grocery store, and they've got the full on Halloween ready to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I was tempted to go to the storage.
Speaker 2: Unit, go get the bins, the bins, the bins.
Speaker 6: But it was football and all that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get caught up. I'm not decorating for Halloween yet.
Speaker 8: I should have just gone and gotten your VENs.
Speaker 1: You probably should have just decorated.
Speaker 2: You could have had winning football on all the TV's Saints Texans bills. All winning must be nice. You could have just everywhere you looked it was a winner.
Speaker 8: When I was on a TV, I would give that feeling.
Speaker 4: You're wearing all black, like you're at a funeral.
Speaker 6: Dog like I wish I was funeral.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, the funeral for my team season.
Speaker 2: I don't see any giants gear on you. Well, you have a tattoo, you can't. You have a piece of black it's covered today, a piece of electrical tape over it black. That would be a funny picture. A giant's logo would have black tape over Okay, So I just get done setting this up and I say that, you know, Halloween candy isles, Okay. Back to school season is just winding down. In the month of August, twelve percent of people say they start doing this.
Speaker 5: I'm watching a romantic comedy.
Speaker 2: What you don't feel, Michael boublaz just rolling over your body, right, just Michael Boublay you about Chris. Twelve percent of people start Christmas shopping in August.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Another thirteen percent are going to start this month. Twenty four percent in October by Halloween, over fifty percent of people will have done some sort of Christmas shopping.
Speaker 1: What Michael Buble Everybody that's big like, oh that Boublz slaps huh he is.
Speaker 2: This is the craziest earliest I've ever gone with Boublaz on this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mark it down, Get down. Historian September ninth.
Speaker 2: I don't know who keeps tracking this stuff, but September ninth, Rod went with.
Speaker 1: The Blue Blatz.
Speaker 2: Fifty percent of you by Halloween, we'll have some Christmas shopping done twelve percent last month. So by the end of this month, by the time we get out of this month, it'll be about one in four people will have at least purchased something for Christmas.
Speaker 6: I kind of want to be in that.
Speaker 4: Group now, right, like just get it done early.
Speaker 7: Is there anything worse than like like the last minute weeks before Christmas, We're like, damn it, I have nineteen gifts I have to get. If I just pick one out, knock one out each paycheck, and then you already like you've cut it in half.
Speaker 4: Instead of spending your whole paycheck.
Speaker 2: Because people use the poor, because people will go into debt buying Christmas presents.
Speaker 1: So if you start.
Speaker 2: Earlier, would it would it ease your part? Would it ease your wallet come November December? Yes, when there's all these other extra things to spend money on.
Speaker 7: You make decisions and be like, Okay, maybe this is good for them, not.
Speaker 6: TESTI might like this.
Speaker 4: Let me grab this, like just some random thing that's on the shelf.
Speaker 5: It's that or something.
Speaker 1: It was already blown away by people.
Speaker 5: It always does work that.
Speaker 1: We're planning their trips for Thanksgiving. Those I think those are just called normal people.
Speaker 4: Those are like productive members of society.
Speaker 7: I think it's just smart normal people and people that have four O one k's Like that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, how about I can't even fathom.
Speaker 2: That, and even crazier if your company contributes.
Speaker 7: I done that how I was two years ago and I learned it wasn't just they gave you four hun at that one thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: I thought that was how it worked. No, like that's cool.
Speaker 8: Can I have some?
Speaker 1: All right? That's it. I don't want to talk about.
Speaker 8: Holiday shopping makes me.
Speaker 7: It makes I'm gonna start Holliday shopping today. I'm gonna buy one thing.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna make.
Speaker 4: Everyone chili for Christmas. I'm bringing a big bullet chili for each of you.
Speaker 6: Don't eat till the holidays.
Speaker 1: What do you do sit around and watch Giants low Lights all day?
Speaker 2: I have to.
Speaker 7: I have to watch that because I do a podcast not tonight, so I might do that instead.
Speaker 1: Do some Christmas shopping. Dude. Let's give away some tickets.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've got the pit tickets to see Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper. It's Freaks on Parade twenty twenty fourths for It's this Sun can't already here?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: Seven one three, two, one two, five nine four five looking for color number ten.
Speaker 18: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz twenty four to five The Buzzs Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show. M phones are ringing. It's a good sign someone's out there listening.
Speaker 20: Good morning, do doo, Good morning Hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello.
Speaker 5: There, I'm there, We're here.
Speaker 1: Are you there? Are you there?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm here. Hey, what's going on here? What's your name?
Speaker 7: Hell?
Speaker 9: One?
Speaker 1: Am I coming in? Clear?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 15: You're coming clear?
Speaker 1: Perfect? Your color ten?
Speaker 7: Yeah, awesome.
Speaker 1: Glad you hung in there with us. What's your name?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Roland, Roland, dude, Pit passes, Rob Zombie, Alex Cooper, Sunday Night, be there, wait in the pit.
Speaker 1: Have you have you seen a show from the pit before?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: I haven't, dude. It's awesome right there. You can be getting some of that Rob Zombie sweat on you.
Speaker 1: All right, dude, thanks for listening. Enjoy the show. Say thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 10: Bro Online.
Speaker 2: It's Alex online the muzz Alex.
Speaker 1: Hello, Alex. Not a good day. What are you doing for your AOL today?
Speaker 7: Today's AOL is called History Drawn, and people have drawn famous historical figures on Microsoft paint. Your job is to look at those drawings and see if you can determine who it is.
Speaker 6: Oh, okay, it's fourteen of these.
Speaker 5: Tessa, Yes, Oh that is mother Teresa.
Speaker 6: Yes it is it is. You got that right, That's right.
Speaker 5: All those years of Catholic school finally paid off.
Speaker 6: So there's thirteen others like that.
Speaker 8: You can go and tuy and see you get answered him.
Speaker 7: If you can tell great who these historically drawn people are on Microsoft painting the world for Miss Rod Ryan Show pagets dot Com.
Speaker 10: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five, The.
Speaker 2: Bus ninety four five, The Bus Breaking, Benjamin Never Again, rod Ryan Show on This Milk Monday. Number one link today and deservedly so. The number one link is not Chili six picks.
Speaker 1: He didn't do them.
Speaker 6: Who's six pigs more?
Speaker 8: Number one?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who's I don't know. I just got it.
Speaker 2: I just got an email from Ashley. She's like, where am i Ashley with any She's like, what's going on? I heard everybody's got six picks up?
Speaker 7: But me?
Speaker 8: Yeah, far picks.
Speaker 5: I think Adam the Cop might be winning right now.
Speaker 2: Uh So we talked about it earlier this morning. Chili did not he didn't know who was. Hey man, he didn't know who who had six picks this weekend. So he just said, I hope it's not me. I'm want to go in Monday and just hoping it's not me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just pray it was.
Speaker 7: You didn't try a one and four shot that like like you had three quarters of it would have been that it wasn't him.
Speaker 2: I mean, you knew it wasn't me because I just came in and brought in like nine or ten picks and you were pissed. So you had a one in three shot, Chilly that it was going to be it was going to be you.
Speaker 1: You knew it wasn't me.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I thought it was Tessa. Yeah, you know, but took a gamble, Yeah, you know, I guess.
Speaker 9: It was there.
Speaker 1: It wasn't, you know, like gambling on a fart and losing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So what was that the trader talking about?
Speaker 1: There is trouble in Paradise. Yeah, it's hurt twin brother.
Speaker 6: Alex and Jim.
Speaker 5: He's dead inside.
Speaker 1: Alex made the suggestion this morning.
Speaker 2: He said, well he's seeing that everyone Mike.
Speaker 1: Bro didn't send into six picks.
Speaker 2: You should have listeners send in six picks and Chili has to post them and can't complain. Yea, in some weird moment of wait a minute, that's my boy. Yeah, Alex said that on the air this morning.
Speaker 3: I mean he was just pouring some salt from that wound.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so funny, Okay, thank you, Chili.
Speaker 3: Well you're welcome.
Speaker 2: So did you think that we were going to skip you and then jump to Tessa next weekend or do you think we should push you to next Weekend's let's get that out of the way right now, so we're not having the same discussion.
Speaker 6: We got six picks from Monday.
Speaker 3: I'll do next. I'll do it this week coming up.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're gonna pick up with you, Alex Rod. We'll get back down to that rotator. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm doing sick this weekend coming up. I'll do six space.
Speaker 4: We start your pictures now. Then by the time we get to Monday, you'll have because I don't want to see sidewalks. I don't want to see your plate.
Speaker 2: Six sleeps, six leaps, Chili sleep, get good pictures.
Speaker 8: I checked that out.
Speaker 14: I got some stuff to do this weekend because the Canelo fights on Saturday, so I'll definitely be out watching that.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, so that's on Saturday, so watch.
Speaker 9: That.
Speaker 1: The reserve parking spot at my house for that fight.
Speaker 14: That's a possibility. They also prepare the bad the guest room.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Chili needs a place to crash after the fights.
Speaker 4: Turn the sheets out.
Speaker 2: So this this happened to me and uh and I know we can't know, no, but it does.
Speaker 1: It deals with a little something like that.
Speaker 2: So I had a little uh I guess icon on my phone and it said you had an unread text message.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't live like Tessa.
Speaker 5: Just let them stack.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: There's there's nothing that says, hey, you have a couple of texts you haven't been to.
Speaker 1: How many text messages do you have that you haven't read?
Speaker 8: A good question?
Speaker 4: Can we look at that quickly right now?
Speaker 1: I don't have any seven Jesus rise unread? Okay, So I had.
Speaker 2: I had a little text message in the in the top left hand and I looked and I said, wait a minute, I've got I'm pretty good about this. I read everything. So I clicked on it. It was my spam folder. Ah, my spam folder came up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta guys.
Speaker 1: My phone does a wonderful job.
Speaker 2: Of putting all of these political texts that are going into my spam foldert good. It's it's crazy the amount of Kama Harris and Donald Trump texts that are coming through on my phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, I didn't like the commercials during football yest day.
Speaker 5: I was like, there should be a rule against that, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm talking about it on your phone. That's more the phone movie. The TV is the TV. That's my phone. I didn't give out my number to anybody. I don't want to hear from you.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, call blocking service robokiller. In twenty twenty two, Americans got fifteen billion political texts. That's fifty messages for every phone in the country. Twenty twenty four is supposed to smash that number. Smash that number.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: There's not a single freeway to mute political text messages. Notice I said there's not a single free way to do it. You can pay. There are apps out there that you can pay for an extra line of defense by filtering out the spam calls and texts that you know that people send to you. But most of these require a subscription. So what are you doing? You're stuck with these things. I will say this again, My android phone does a wonderful job. Are you guys getting political texts in your regular inbox?
Speaker 1: I am not.
Speaker 2: I am absolutely not. I've not set anything up. It just chose to put them in there, which is a wonderful thing. Now do respond stop if you don't want the texts.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: If it's a legitimate business or an organization, this will usually work because the FCC.
Speaker 1: Can find them if they don't stop.
Speaker 2: But political campaign texts are exempt from the do not Call list.
Speaker 1: How is that possible? How do they allow that?
Speaker 6: What I do.
Speaker 1: That's criminal?
Speaker 7: That is, I don't vote for that. If you'd ever text me, I don't care what you're running for. If you're running for comptrol, not voting for you, I'll just leave it blank. Buddy, I'll leave it blank. If it's both sides, text to me too. That's the fastest way to give me to say I do not care about you.
Speaker 2: Political campaign texts are exempt from the do not Call list, So while they're supposed to have your consent to text you, it's less clear where they get your permission.
Speaker 6: So politicians don't really want consent.
Speaker 1: They don't have my permission.
Speaker 6: They don't nor mind, but.
Speaker 2: There's nothing they say. According to the FCC, robotexts are not allowed. So as long as a human is bugging you, it's okay. If you're getting text you didn't ask for, report the sender. Forward the text to spa M.
Speaker 4: S no I didn't.
Speaker 2: If you get a text that you don't want and it really is, yes, to sp a M and then click delete.
Speaker 1: And report junk and block the sender.
Speaker 2: And then and then both of our phones, Android and iPhones there's built in spam filters, which apparently mine is already activated, which is great. And then the other way is paying for a subscription between five and fifteen dollars a month to keep these things out of your phone.
Speaker 8: That's what you get ship.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So to takeaways number one, you can forward a text to spam and they'll they'll look into it. I don't know if they're going to do anything, but yeah, political campaign texts are exempt from They do not call this.
Speaker 1: So there's almost a thing we can't do about it. There's almost nothing we can do about it.
Speaker 7: You know, when I was running from mayor, there were never any political texts that went out for me.
Speaker 2: I voted that kind of guy, and I could not find you anywhere on the ballot. You didn't look Okay, I voted, I did. I took part in the local election.
Speaker 6: I looked.
Speaker 2: I asked a person working there. I said, I'm looking for Alex P.
Speaker 7: Middleton and you were trying to stack thebout the box against that obviously lame.
Speaker 4: Wow, it worked, Rod, So I forwarded it a political message and it said thanks for providing us with the content of an unwanted message. Now reply with the sender's phone number, so we know who sent you this message. Okay, weird, but it's progress, right.
Speaker 2: Chores I have to do, I know, but it's better than getting them all in your phone.
Speaker 10: The Rod Ryan Show on.
Speaker 2: Radio, Sermonet, the Buzz Offspring, self Esteem, Rob Ryan's Show on This Milk Monday.
Speaker 1: No rain today, Chanceller Ring goes up tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Then Wednesday, we got a pretty good chance of some rain with that pesky storm Bruin in the golf party.
Speaker 1: Cloudy today though, no rain.
Speaker 2: High of eighty nine, so a little warmer than what we had, although it was sneaky warm because it.
Speaker 1: Was it was cooler in the morning and in the evening.
Speaker 2: But I was walking around Pickle Festival out in Kingwood and it was hot.
Speaker 1: I'm like, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: There were so many people out there because you thought, oh, you were led to believe that it was gonna be like a cool weekend, perfect, And it was a little hot out there.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you could exist outside.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Africa hot. You're right, you're right, but it still was pretty hot out there. Okay, all right, guys, it's coming up to the end of the show.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan showed twentieth Anniversary Party tickets, October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. I've already said that we're going to do something on Wednesday where we give away.
Speaker 4: That a lot of tickets.
Speaker 2: The last time we did something what I what I called fun, was like twenty pair of tickets.
Speaker 1: Right, I want to do more than that. I want to do more than that.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, you're wild any other questions.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Wednesday, we're going to give away a bunch of tickets, but right now, just concentrate on.
Speaker 1: The one pair that you need on know the show.
Speaker 2: Tessa is going to have a question for you on the flip of this break to get you into the party of the season.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rock, Houston's.
Speaker 18: Alternative, and the rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 2: Come on ninety four five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: L l L L L l l L.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, time for another show.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan Show, twentieth Anniversary Party tickets, October twelfth, carbob Brewery. I know you want to in. I'm excited. I'm going you want to go listen to Tesla.
Speaker 1: She's got a question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, what day is it today? Like it's Rod actually allowed a shout out for this day, he says, Normally this is just terrible radio, but today he allowed it because why?
Speaker 5: Because why?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 5: What's special about today?
Speaker 2: Seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 7: If you know the show, Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 9: Getting ninety four point five to the bus station from iHeart Radio.
Speaker 1: The Rod Ruggan Show on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five of the Buzz, twenty one pilots and Heathens. They were just here last week, sold out. Rob Ryan's show Milk Monday coming to an end already.
Speaker 1: September ninth. It is quick today, man, no rain to worry about. I'm gonna get outside.
Speaker 2: Today's a great day to get after it partly cloudy skies, high route of about eighty nine Now tomorrow and Wednesday, we'll be talking about more chances of rain for sure.
Speaker 1: Wednesday is our best chance for getting wet this week. What a show? Where are we at?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: Anniversary party? Tickets?
Speaker 2: All right, He's now time for know this show on ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning? Was this Chris? Hi, Chris, welcome to the show. How are you today?
Speaker 3: How much stuff?
Speaker 1: Kicking a little ass? That's how I'm doing. I'm kicking a little ass this morning.
Speaker 2: I feel like we kicked Monday's ass today because it went by quick.
Speaker 1: So we're doing something right over here. Let's try to get you some of these.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's the hottest ticket in town. I'm not just saying that because it's our show.
Speaker 1: It really is. Let's see if we can get you into here, Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 4: Okay, Chris, today rod allowed something on airic he normally doesn't allow.
Speaker 5: Why today, of all days did he allow it? What makes today special?
Speaker 3: Teddy bir Day?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you're not you are wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, first of all, you're wrong, but it is Teddy Bear Day. There was some kind of like little Teddybear nonsense thing that I played. But no, that's not I'm sorry, Chris. Oh it's for tickets too, man.
Speaker 1: Sorry bro, Sorry dude, but it's it's a pretty obvious thing. What she's looking for. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, good morning. What's your name? This is Mike.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mike, you got a rare opportunity here. Call he ten got it wrong, Tessa.
Speaker 4: Your question, Mike, why is today special? Rod did something on Eric he normally wouldn't do, but he did it today.
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 3: I believe because there's quite a bit of birthdays today the most birthday.
Speaker 4: Got it, man, you got it and you're in. Yeah, you get the pair of passes to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. This is the only pair we gave away today on The Rod Ryan Show. So you're very lucky. You won your way in. That's the only way we can do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When's your birthday, mikel August sixteenth?
Speaker 2: August sixteenth, Okay, Well still so your parents were knocking it out, you know, late November.
Speaker 1: December. That's what everybody has sex. Everybody has sex in December.
Speaker 2: That's why there's so many birthdays in August and September. And when it comes down to it, thank you, Mike. You're into the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. So that's great news. September ninth is the most common birthday in the United States. September nineteenth is next, and then September twelfth, is after that. So the top ten are actually all days that fall between September ninth and September twentieth.
Speaker 1: Nice, but today being.
Speaker 2: The busiest Colonel Sanders and what did I say, Adam Sandler having a birthday today? A couple of gals up looking at girls blog page too made it so yeah, I said, listen, nobody cares about your birthday but you.
Speaker 1: But I said September ninth.
Speaker 2: You know, a couple of people called and they got they got some mentions on the show today. All right, let's get out of here, guys. Cody was lightning quick this morning. Okay, he beat Jamie two questions, two answers. He's going to go for win number four tomorrow. The Fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge MILF was your number one link today. Thank you to the Great Texas Hammer for coming on and allowing us to play the Texas Hammer game. That's where somebody won pit tickets to Creed three Doors Down and Finger eleven on Saturday night. We got pit tickets all week long, man for the Saturday night show that I just mentioned and then the Sunday night Rob Zombie Alice Cooper show. So those tickets will move around throughout the day. Thank you to the NFL for being back. Alex, NFL's back, baby.
Speaker 5: Yes, whoo, we are happy, Alex. You know what you'll get there one day.
Speaker 2: Thank you to everyone that picked up the chili slack that was left. Chili Slack was behind because he didn't do his six picks. But boy, a lot of listeners did six picks this morning. There was a lot of that on the linksin guest today. Tomorrow, Yeah, I guess we could play game tomorrow. I mean, unless you want to play the Who's Taller?
Speaker 1: Game.
Speaker 2: Right after I said I had a request to play the Who's Taller game, some guys said, dude, don't play the Wh's Taller?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, you had an unrequest.
Speaker 2: Wednesday is when we're going to do something fun for a wad of Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets. We'll have another pair tomorrow on the air though, So I don't know what game we're going to play tomorrow, but right now we're headed towards playing the Who's Taller game? We can do that again. I was excited. I never I've never gotten a request for that, So I'm a man of the people. Okay, you request it, we do it.
Speaker 1: Is Jeremy up next.
Speaker 2: He's got the NonStop nooner pick you would kill on OnlyFans pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour, just taking requests.
Speaker 5: She's like, whatever people want, That's what I do.
Speaker 2: The golf tournament is sold out, but we still need whole sponsors, and we need volunteers, we need auction eight in the and all of that stuff. I really got to start talking about more about that golf tournament. I'll talk about that more tomorrow. Okay, test us on Houston Life today at one o'clock. That's it, guys, We're on a twenty hour break man Monday night football.
Speaker 1: Is Aaron Rodgers gonna run out with a flag again?
Speaker 4: He better not?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Is it a home game?
Speaker 1: Okay, so he won't do that. He won't.
Speaker 6: He's not American.
Speaker 5: You have to face your fear kind of yeah too.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, we gotta go.
Speaker 2: Man, have an awesome, awesome Monday. We'll do it all again tomorrow. Maybe we'll even have a little bit more fun tomorrow.
Speaker 21: Amm Well, well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 2: If you missed any of the show today, all the good Stuff will Be podcast.
Speaker 21: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.