Speaker 1: M ripped up.
Speaker 2: New need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running. Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shoot's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 2: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. What is happening in your life? How can we help you? All you have to do is give us a call and we will do it at three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Hello to everyone. Uh, what is going on? Let's talk right now. We had a couple of things left over. We wanted to follow up call. Garrison called and it seemed like a pretty serious issue. We wanted to get to whatever is on your mind. Keep this in mind. We aim to solve problems, okay, but sometimes if it's too far gone, we can't solve it. We just can't. We try, but we can't. So what we're going to do now is attempt to solve your problems, right, okay, So let's go and talk to Garrison. He bought I believe a used car and he was about to tell us about the purchase. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Okay, so I think if you taking my call on by the way, So I bought a used car and during the test drive, the dealer said, hey day, he's not working.
Speaker 5: We'll fix it for free.
Speaker 4: We'll deliver you in a few days.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what did they say they were going to fix? First, they installed.
Speaker 4: What their conditioner wasn't working, so they said they had the party, they're going to fix it, and they were delivered to me.
Speaker 2: Never was done fixed the AC okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Then what yeah, so they on their way to deliver it to me, I guess the car overheated. So they brought me a loaner car, took my car back to the shot to fix it.
Speaker 2: Now why did they so that's did they say they were the problem for the overheating.
Speaker 4: They didn't say what the problem was. They just said that it was it was overheating. On the way to deliver it to me. So I guess wherever it broke down, I guess they swopped out with the loaner car. They brought me a loaner car, and they took my car back to the dealer and they had it for all.
Speaker 6: But a month.
Speaker 4: They said it was the head gasket so they saw I had a loan of the whole time, so I was complaining. When they did bring me the car back, I had it for six days and overhead again, actually had to miss the day of work, had paid to get it towed back home. They took the car back again and gave me another loaner and had it for another month.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know what. And they've been trying to fix that same thing ever since.
Speaker 4: And it happened again yesterday, but this time they're saying, oh, we don't have any loaners, we may or may not cover the repairs, We may or may not reimburg you for rental, you know. And it's like, well, it's the same issue it's been happening, you know.
Speaker 2: It is the same issue. But it's weird. This is a weird situation. Let me tell you why, because technically, did you buy it with a warranty or did you buy it as is? How did you buy it? Okay, technically, if you bought it as is, they they didn't even have to fix the air conditioner unless they fixed the air conditioner before you even got it. Is that right? Yes, yes, okay, And they agreed to do that, but then on the way to you when it overheated. They could have technically said, unless they cause the overheating problem. And again this would have been so strange. But they could have said, you know, Garrison, your car overheated. You better get that fixed. I mean, technically it would be so screwed up because you never took delivery. They could have said, you know, you bought the car as is now. We did fix the air conditioner, but this is another problem. But they didn't so they attempted to fix it. Did they replace the head gasket?
Speaker 4: But I would assume so, I'm not ex actually sure. So when I picked up this last time, I asked them to give me a list of all the stuff they did, and they said they get it to me, but I never got anything else.
Speaker 2: So the same problem right now is overheating. Yes, but it still persists after how long? How when did you buy this car?
Speaker 4: I bought the car of June fifteenth. I probably had it in my position for maybe three weeks since.
Speaker 2: Then June fifth, Yeah, but you had a loaner. Do you still have any loaner? Yeah?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: And where'd you buy it from?
Speaker 4: A Korf in Fort Morgan Korf?
Speaker 2: Is it called korf used cars.
Speaker 4: They're a cheap Chrysler dealer corp.
Speaker 2: Juice. Okay, now here's the thing. So they tried to fix it. They haven't been able to. Now the question gets very interesting. Are they required to fix it? I mean truly? Are they required to fix it technically the or not? I mean, except they kind of bought the problem, you know, they in other words, they actually hurt themselves by getting involved. So what do they say they will do for you right now?
Speaker 4: Well, when it happened yesterday, I caused them back and they said, if it's related to the repairers they made, they'll cover it. But they don't have any loaners. And I said, what about eventual reimbursement? They said, well, they said they may or may not.
Speaker 2: Wella wait, hold on, So what are they proposing you do at this point?
Speaker 4: Well, they wanted me at first. They wanted me to take it to my own mechanic, to have that reddit.
Speaker 2: And to have you and to have you pay for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I was like, nose, I can I can't really afford it. So actually I had it towed to them this morning. So it's actually back at the dealership this morning because I can't afford to pay if it's a head gut, it is something you know, big like that, I can't afford.
Speaker 2: That, so I know you can't. So, as I said, they seem to be cooperating, at least cooperating, right, So what was the what's the late what's the latest thing you heard from these guys? What's the latest that.
Speaker 4: They're gonna look at my car today? And when I talked to him yesterday, I said, okay, man, get total over there. They said, all right, it'll be one hundred and eight dollars diagnostic feed. But we may cover it, you know, and whatever repairs are made, if we may cover it, if it's related to the repairs we made before. And that's it pretty much. But I had to miss the day of work, all right, two days of work now, but I've been suspending because I've had I miss two days to work for this. Yeah, I mean it's kind of our thing.
Speaker 2: Now. I get you, man, No, I get you. So let's figure this out. I want to call them. I want to put somebody on this. Who do we have today, Kachina? Who do we have? We have doc? We have both? Okay, Who's who's lighter on load. I'll give him a call Tom. I mean, let's try that, Doc. Let's try that. Okay, let's so, I'm gonna have deputy Doc call over there. Doc. By the way, yesterday the Hamburger choking, did you get anywhere on that? I'm waiting for the for her to get the record.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Hey, while I'm on the subject, can't you say one thing? Yes, sir, Beverly called a while ago about remember with a washer. There was a problem with the washer, and you say.
Speaker 2: It was the Maytag washer may second needs warranty work. The text refer they referred would not do warranty work, and they can't seem to find someone right that the company can't find.
Speaker 8: And you told her to have her son see if it's leveled.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Anyway, I've tried multiple times and her voicemail is full. It can't handle any more messages. So, Beverly, if you're listening, please let us know so I can get in touch with you and see what we can do to help you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I suspect, after all, I suspect it's a leveling problem because it turns off and the self leveling on these work only to a certain extent. Then they don't.
Speaker 8: Right, But anyway, I can't get in touch with her, So bebly if you're listening, just call the station.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Okay. So that's what we're gonna do. We're going to play that one by year three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We will get that over Garrison's information over to Doc. He'll call on that. We're going to talk about Cassandra's dentist. Dental issue coming up. I'm Tom Martinez. Water Pros has the best system available right now. You can't beat it. Triple filter, reverse osmosis for drinking water at the kitchen sink, the best water ever, plus a whole house softening and conditioning or softening and system for laundry, pipes, your skin, everything. It's wonderful taking all the minerals out. You will love it. See you have the best of both worlds just thirty one ninety five. No one, no one can touch that price. Plumbers would charge over twelve grand. Waterpros dot net three oh three eight six two five five five four. You'll never find a better deal. He's extending it for me through the holidays, I think, or through we will see but until he stops at call him three oh three eight six two five five five four Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Artino here, Welcome to the show. Three old three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Denverregen dot com. Denverregen dot com. You can do weight loss. Weight loss drugs Terzeppetide, the premiere one for pennies on the dollar compared to what you're getting from brand names, and these are compounded from approved pharmacies. Denverregen dot com. Just a few hundred bucks a month. You're on the whole regiment. It's wonderful. Now let's talk about this dental issue with Cassandra. Cassandra, welcome to the show. What's happening with you?
Speaker 9: Well, I've spoke with you a couple of times before, but now the first week of July I found out that there are there's sixty I've got fifty nine ers.
Speaker 2: Is this is this park view?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 9: Yes, it is?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 10: Yep?
Speaker 2: Did you who's Denet?
Speaker 9: She is one of the she's she did a Yelp review and that's one of the first people that contacted me because I had posted a review online negative one when he closed his doors and then filed bankruptcies.
Speaker 2: So this dentist, Sean Custer, Yes, yes, you she started seeing a dentists. You were seeing a dentist and you started the denture process and paid a lot of money up front with a loan, and with her he completed extractions and then you know, got some temp temperate canchers and then she's gone, I mean he's gone. What about with you? Where were you in the process?
Speaker 9: Same thing? He got ten thousand dollars up front. December of twenty twenty one, they did pulled the did the extraction. I've got the posts and here it.
Speaker 2: Is, uh now, were the posts done properly? Uh?
Speaker 9: Well, two of them. Part of it came out. The second half of the post came out, and I took it back into the dentist office, so they were aware they had the piece. But so they're not in there properly right now. I couldn't just go get snapped in dentures if I wanted to. They're still work it needs to do.
Speaker 2: Do they do? They still have to do? They have to redo those implants.
Speaker 9: They may have to on the two of them, They've got to cut my gums open for sure to expose them again.
Speaker 2: And how many anchors did you have all together?
Speaker 9: I had to have five because the bone was kind of soft on one side.
Speaker 2: And then how many of them are bad? How many of them are bad?
Speaker 10: Two?
Speaker 7: Two?
Speaker 2: So what have you guys been doing? I told you you should try to challenge him in bankruptcy because this is a different kind of a this is aferent kind of a standard. Doc.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I wanted to ask Deputy doc about I don't think they're like attorney attorneys are supposed to put money in a trust and a trust fund. I don't know what doctors do. Doc, I mean you probably never took money up front when you were delivering babies, did you.
Speaker 9: There's a Colorado revised statute that states that they and I don't know the statute number. I was waiting for this attorney to secretary to get me a call today and tell me what the number is, because I spent a half an hour on the phone with him. But they're supposed to, Dennis, are supposed to if they take money in advance, put it into an account like an escrow or whatever.
Speaker 2: Are they Is it like a trust? Is it like a trust account?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 12: Yes, so you could.
Speaker 2: Challenge the bankruptcy, did you, guys? Well, did you write to the trustee?
Speaker 9: I wrote to the judge himself because I could not afford the ten grand for an attorney self.
Speaker 2: You don't need one, and the trustee represents creditors.
Speaker 9: Judge right, But I wrote to Judge and he saw I. I cited four reasons why I didn't think it was dischargeable the death. But I've also got fifty nine other people that have been affected. We're talking hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, you found fifty nine people?
Speaker 9: Yes, I have a list of people I need to get that list on some I know, I know, yes you do. I've been trying to get back in touch with you, but yeah, this is criminal at this point, I believe.
Speaker 2: Of those fifty nine people, let's do some let's do some simple math. Of those fifty nine people, did they all put money up front?
Speaker 9: Probably fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Of them to about twenty five people.
Speaker 9: I'm going to say, yeah, at least twenty twenty five at least how many?
Speaker 2: And what did they put down? Five and ten grand or ten grand or what we're talking about a quarter million dollars? What did he do with it?
Speaker 9: Well, I've got about one hundred thousand right now in only four people. Oh my god, yeah, it's four people.
Speaker 6: And see these other people.
Speaker 9: I found them on Facebook because the net and another gal Tiffany, responded to my Yelp review and that's when this started, was the first week of July. So I went online and there are That's how I obtained all these other names with people that were affected. I'm just having some difficulty getting back, I mean, getting them to respond. You know, they don't know me from anybody, and it's an online Facebook, you know what I mean, which tells me that there's still hundreds more people out there that he affected, because.
Speaker 2: Don almighty, I mean, it can't be that big. Where is it? Where was this guy located?
Speaker 9: He was in Greeley and in Fort Collins.
Speaker 8: He had two offices, Hey, Cassandra, was the money? Were the checks or the money given to him personally or to the or to the clinic?
Speaker 2: What would matter? What would matter?
Speaker 8: Well, because if he's an employee of the clinic, then it's.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, he owned it.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well that's do you know both of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But technically they don't let attorneys get at get away with that stuff if they're supposed to have a trust account. But I wasn't sure with doctors if they needed a trust account.
Speaker 9: Supposedly there's a Colorado statute that's with Ron Teinsford here.
Speaker 2: Did you ever take deposits? Doctor? No? Did you? Do you know anything about doctors that did?
Speaker 8: I can't imagine what doctors would take a deposit?
Speaker 2: Chiropractors? What's that? Well, okay, but but I'm wondering if that's covered. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I can't imagine an taking a deposit for something.
Speaker 2: Now, listen, I want to make clear I get well, there are all the time. There are doctors. There are doctors named Sean Custer dentists, and I want to make sure we're not mixing them up here, man, I.
Speaker 9: Mean Sean Michael, Sean Michael Custer.
Speaker 2: And is it Sean s h a w n or is it that is correct?
Speaker 9: No, it's s h a w N. He's now he's a.
Speaker 2: Young man with a mustache. Is he a young man with a mustache and a goateee?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah yeah?
Speaker 9: Good looking guy, really nice.
Speaker 2: That's impossible that a good looking guy would rip somebody off.
Speaker 6: Well he has.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding. Where's he practicing? Where's he practicing? Now?
Speaker 9: He's in Mission, Kansas working for oh hold on a second, Keith and Associates LLC.
Speaker 6: Okay doc and we yeah, yeah, ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 9: We even posted a review on that website for Keith and Associates, and they removed it and disallowed any further comments.
Speaker 2: He is now practicing in Mission, Kansas, Okay.
Speaker 6: Keith and Associates at Keith what's the name of that k I E K E I T h Okay.
Speaker 2: So listen, I'm not saying that that dental office has anything to do with him other than they hired him and if he's a good technician.
Speaker 9: He listed it on his bankruptcy that there were various patients as part as being a creditor, but there was no dollar amount on his bankruptcy filing and it doesn't say that there is.
Speaker 2: Do they have the trustee listed?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's Jeffrey Weinman.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jeff Winman. I wonder if we can get Jeff on the phone. I don't know, it would be wonderful, that would be awesome. He doesn't represent the bank, he doesn't represent that guy.
Speaker 9: He represents the people. He represents the creditor.
Speaker 2: Jeff. I know Jeff Wineman from years ago. While the time going though? Is that allowed? Well, all we would be asking is what's going on?
Speaker 1: Well? I don't know.
Speaker 13: He said's going on? Will someone come on the air and talk about it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let's call Jeff. Do you have a number for Jeff? Okay, hold on. Jeff Lineman's a good guy. I mean, he's a bankruptcy attorney himself. Kelly, plus the number up and I'll give him a call over the break. Plus he does trustee work. Tell him, I said, Hi, Mark, I mean truly, he's a stand up guy, and I think you ask him how much he can address on this because we're getting contacted by tons of patients and in fact, the list of what fifty nine come on, that's a lot of patients and we're talking hundreds of thousands. Now here's the weird thing about bankruptcy. I want to tell everyone. Here's the weird thing. Mark. Did you know that bankruptcy trustees make money on what they on what they collect from the debtor? Right, absolutely, That's how the majority of their pay comes. Yeah.
Speaker 13: So in a case, in a bankruptcy case, they generally do other things well of.
Speaker 2: Course, right, However, if debt is dismissed, now they get a flat rate first of all, okay, and if it's a no asset deal they get the flat rate. It's whatever it is. Maybe I don't even venture to say, maybe a few granted I don't know they get for agucator. But then they get a percentage of everything that they settle, everything that they do. So that's the way they do it.
Speaker 13: Well, anything they collect into the hopper, if you will, if it's like a chapter eleven or a thirteen or restructure, I don't think they get like a percentage of debt that was written off because there's no money.
Speaker 2: No, it's not even real. No, that's what I'm getting at. See, there is no vested interest for them to discharge debt and excuse me, dismiss debt for example, or let me give you an example. If these people want to fight him for that money, that's literally money the trustee doesn't get O can't. Why wouldn't they just hire their own attorney and do an adversary hearing? Well, she said they can't. She can't afford it, but they certainly can together. But see here's the problem. Well, I don't know they're exactly what you do if you went to if he went to Vegas and the money's gone, then you don't get paid.
Speaker 13: That's absolutely right. But then it's not discharged and he might still owe it. Yeah, but what good is that unless he hits the lot?
Speaker 2: He just said. He seems like a younger guy.
Speaker 13: I mean, he's a dentist or doctor unless he's gonna complete need.
Speaker 2: To look into this. Yeah, So put up Wineman's number. Mark's gonna call. I need her last name up too, all right, three oh three seven to one three talk more right after this go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. Let's uh see what's on your mind today? This dentist thing man, this guy could have a million dollars. I mean, who knows he could have five hundred thousand. I mean, how's that stuff happen?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 2: Jay has a comment. I want to take that real quick. Jay has a comment on that car issue. And that's the one where the guy bought the car U up in I don't Greeley or whatever, and anyway for Fort Morgan. Anyway, he bought it from CORF Fort Morgan. And he can't seem to get it fixed, although technically he bought it as is, but once they start fixing it, they almost have an obligation. I think, what's going on? What is your comment on this deal?
Speaker 10: Okay, actually a couple of things. One's a comment, one's a question for you. First, it's not hard to diagnose what's wrong. It's whether it's worth fixer or not. So they're stringing him along. I think they know damn well what's wrong by now. So the other thing I have, and.
Speaker 2: They don't want to fix it because it's too expensive.
Speaker 10: Maybe that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: What do you think ahead gas get what would what a head gas it cost for them to do?
Speaker 10: Yeah, if it's a V six and you have to pull the whole thing apart and do crazy timing change and I don't know, I didn't catch kind of carlows. Some of them. You have to take the motor out to do them because the like the four liter Ford has timing change front and rear, and they're just a nightmare.
Speaker 8: So it's not worth it.
Speaker 2: Mark it Day is our unofficial deputy. He's not official, but he calls in quite often. That's what I'm calling you, our unofficial deputy anyway, go ahead, right on.
Speaker 10: So I have a question about a car deal. You know, if you buy a car and it's not sold to you as a toe away, do you not have a certain reasonable expectation that that car runs, drives and is safe.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, Okay, there's two things. If it's sold into an emissions area. If it's sold into an emissions area, has to pass emissions. If if it's not a toweway, then second thing is you have certain safety things only not that it runs.
Speaker 10: Perry doesn't run. They can't sell it because it won't pass emissions.
Speaker 2: No, but then they don't sell it. But if they sell it, it has to pass.
Speaker 10: Emissions as a running driving car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there are plenty of lemons they Okay, go ahead, make the case.
Speaker 10: Think in court, you could make the ca that you have a reasonable expectation that the thing runs and drives, stops.
Speaker 2: Steers okay, yes, steers, yes, steers, yes it stops. Yes. You see there's a there's a there's a fine line here, okay, between as is and as necessary. The law only governs the emissions, and then it governs basic safety. And you will be shocked at what basic safety is. So it really gets complicated. But I know what you're saying. You're not completely off base.
Speaker 10: You know, I think you could get a judge to go on your side if you convinced him. Judges do all kinds of crazy things. You're right, you're right, Just use good reason you're right.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I mean, I really think that should be tried.
Speaker 2: But I wonder what the law actually does say. You know, it was Norris who used to have SOS inspections. Norris was the one that really was a bugaboo on this and he said to us, Tom, you know you don't understand this, but they really do have an obligation for safety. There's never any teeth in the law though who cares.
Speaker 13: It's like the hospital's supposed to tell you how much everything is, but they don't, and nothing happens.
Speaker 2: All that that law is the most court for it, then fair enough you have to go to court for it. But that's the point J. That's the point J was making. But Jay, you still have to have law on your side. But Jay is saying, he just he's hoping the course of equity would be reasonable and maybe say, you know what, even though it's as is you're right, but it's truly not as I mean.
Speaker 13: Sorry, I missed what the problem with the car was. I missed the first call.
Speaker 2: Today it's the head gasket or something. It overhead. That's not that's not a safety issue, right, that's right.
Speaker 10: It's a reasonable expectation that it.
Speaker 13: I I agree. I don't know if I'm agreeing with Tom or not because I don't. Once again, I didn't hear the call. But if they sold it as is and it's a head gasket issue, I don't think that's right in the world.
Speaker 2: That's right. You give it to him, that's right. That's right with him, and helped him, remember that hold on Mark, but never did pass emissions though.
Speaker 13: That's over that's something that's something big time. But if we just go back to what he's saying, what Jay's saying on the head gasket, No, j how do we know they didn't overheat it?
Speaker 10: He's never he wasn't.
Speaker 2: He never took possession, Mark, he never took possession. They tried to fix the air conditioner. Then then when on the way back to delivering it to him, it overheated. He did take possession a few times, he did, and it it it kept overheating and they kept trying to fix it. But what we did, what we did not ask him? Though, what we did not ask him did it fail emissions? Because as crazy as this sounds, he only had a few days to get emissions done. So I want to ask him. Can we call him back? I want to know if he and who was the dealership or was it an individual Tom?
Speaker 8: I was going to call him and get all this stuff at the break.
Speaker 2: The dealership Marcus Corf Chrysler in Fort Morgan. See, I'm not even sure it was sold into an emissions area.
Speaker 13: Well that's another thing right there, but free I'm just talking about.
Speaker 2: The head gasket issue.
Speaker 13: I don't think anybody in the world why would we have an as his clause on anything then, I mean, it would be ridiculous to start picking apart as is.
Speaker 8: And Tom didn't he drive it until it overheated?
Speaker 2: No, overheated before he was delivered. Then they fixed it. Then he took it back and overheated right away, right, But he.
Speaker 8: Drove it until it overheated. So he did take possession?
Speaker 2: No he did? Yeah, well possessions, But what difference does that make, Doc coll.
Speaker 8: Because you said he never took possession.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean is he never really had the car. He never really had it. I mean it was like he kept taking it back right away. Let's take this break. I'm Tom Martinez three seven one three talks seven we three A two five five. Dan mackenzie is an estate planning attorney that everyone needs. Everyone needs an estate planning attorney at some time. He does things really in a cool way. He has creative ways to do a poor man's trust I call it for an LLC to carry things that survived death. He can also do conventional trusts and wills and all kinds of stuff. The important thing is you talk to him and you get this personalized attention. Mackenzie law. I've known him now for a long time. Eight three three co plans eight three three co plans Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, three oh three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. Okay, we have uh, we we have a call in to Jeff Wineman, the trustee him. We'll probably hear back from him.
Speaker 13: And I did find that Colorado revised statute that talks about selling vehicles.
Speaker 2: Does it talk about selling mark or operating? What does it say?
Speaker 13: It talks about both, just in different sections. Let me find the one about but.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I want to take Joe. But after a break, after the break, I want to know, though, can you interpret those in any way, shape or form that the seller has to make sure that it passes those things? Because I'm finding different I'm not finding anything that supports that, Yes, you have to have certain safety items to operate.
Speaker 13: It's real quick, it's real quick. In the statute, I'll give you the statue on the break. No person shall sell any motor vehicle for a highway use unless the vehicle is equipped with tires that are in compliance with sub sections.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 13: So right there, it's talking about a very specific item.
Speaker 2: What's CRS is it? What's the number? It is? Forty two dash four dash two three five. Okay, thank you, we'll do that after break. I want to take real quick here, Joe, and then Joe we can continue you if we run out of time. What's going on? Joe?
Speaker 7: Hi, Tom, I'm talking for my daughter. Yeah, and she is. She resigned from a company that ows are fifteen dollars and there's butterline harassment that come into her house because she has equipment that she was working from home that she needs to return to him, but she's afraid to give him the equipment because she's feeling that they're not going.
Speaker 10: To pay her.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not that's not her to do. That's not hers to do. She can't take technically the law into her own hands. And is she W two or I'm sorry, W nine?
Speaker 7: No, she's not two.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't it be W two?
Speaker 13: Mark, I'm sorry, I just I thought I got it wrong. But a W two compared to an independent contractor?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, So she's working for the medicals to play office from home.
Speaker 2: Okay, So bottom line here, in my opinion is that you have is that she can't offset. That's called offsetting. She's not allowed to technically can't just take matters into her own hands and say, uh, you know, and she can't say I'm going.
Speaker 13: To keep this until you do this. But she should make one call. I mean, if did they terminate her.
Speaker 7: No, they they offer to terminate her, but only if she stuck around in until they found a new person, and then they would terminate her.
Speaker 13: So she didn't regardless, whenever her normal payday is, they've got they've got to come up with it. If they fired her, they would have had to do it in seventy two hours.
Speaker 7: Right, and I think she'd already passed her pay day. So I think that's the reason why she's hanging on.
Speaker 2: That's a labor board issue.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she did followed a dispute with the Apartment of Labors, so he's kind of waiting to hear back from them.
Speaker 2: All right, hold on, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three o three, seven to one to three Talker three oh three, Martine go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer excel roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two rip of.
Speaker 1: News. You needed that so you don't have run anxious as fast as you can.
Speaker 13: Shooter's gonna help come Man six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three Talk seven one three eight two five five. How can we help you? We want to try any way we can. All you have to do is give us a call at three O three seven one three talks seven to one three eight two five five. This hour brought to you by Frank durand the real Estateman dot com. You need to know in this market, man? Is it a flexy market? Is that a Is that a word? Fluxy? Flexible? Flexy? Uh turmoil.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Anyway, prices are all over the place. Frank can predict with an almost certainty what he can sell a house for because he has such great experience. Frank arand the real estate man dot com, free of charge and obligation. Find out what your house will sell for, really, what you'll net, what you can buy three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Frankarande, real estate Man dot Com. Okay, back to the phones. Joe's daughter, let's talk about Joe's daughter. Hey, Joe, what's happening.
Speaker 7: Yes, but daughter's old fifteen hundred dollars, so she has to return the equipment.
Speaker 2: But now you're saying she's withholding the equipment because she doesn't think they'll pay exactly. That's called off that's called offsetting. Now they can offset. They can offset. They're allowed in the law to withhold payment until she returns the stuff. Okay, So it doesn't the law and I looked it up does not. And I'm not giving you legal advice now, like what to do. But I'm saying from what I am reading, I would interpret this for myself, to me that if I don't return stuff, they're not going to pay me. If I do return stuff, they have no reason not to pay me. So I'll tell you a reason.
Speaker 13: When I had employees at one of my Goodyear stores, or all of the good Year stores for that matter, if their uniforms weren't returned, they wouldn't get a paycheck, or I would deduct whatever they were holding period. End of story. But all of that was spelled out in our employee handbook. I would assume she probably has an employee handbook that talks about company property as well.
Speaker 7: I don't know I can have a check, but yeah, I'll just advise her to return the equipment and then we'll go from there.
Speaker 8: I'm just choose what makes you think they won't pay her.
Speaker 7: Because she was working off the books and she didn't get paid for it, and she was trying to do.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, hold on. This is a problem. So let's let's analyze that. What do you mean off the books?
Speaker 7: She was working weekends and she doesn't work weekends, so she.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait, but wait was she only working weekends or how how is she working for this company?
Speaker 7: She was working from home, I believe, regular eight hours.
Speaker 2: A day every Monday through Friday, Monday.
Speaker 7: Through Friday, and there were somedays she would have to take off, you know, doctor's appointments for whatever. So to make up for the work, she would work on a Saturday or a Sunday.
Speaker 2: And did they acknowledge that she made up for it? They did, they did. But so the amount old? Let me let me just get this, the amount old is not in dispute or is is it the amount old? Or is whether they want to pay her or not. There's a big difference.
Speaker 7: It's it's whether or not she's gonna get paid.
Speaker 2: So it's not the amount. Oh, they all agree she's owed a certain amount. Correct, Okay, Then whether she works weekends or on the off of the books, what difference does that make? Why was that brought up.
Speaker 7: Only because she was having a hard time collecting pay on that?
Speaker 2: Well, you just told me there was no dispute on what was out so in the past, go ahead, there was.
Speaker 7: There's no dispute on what is all for her working Monday through Friday. But when it came to the weekends, that's when.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But if she if she was making up for a Friday she took off, there would be no extra money. Is that right or wrong? No?
Speaker 7: There would be extra money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why why why would there be extra money? If I took a day off and made up for it, Why would there be extra money?
Speaker 7: Explain that to me because she was working overtime, and.
Speaker 2: No, she wasn't. Not if she's making up for it. If I took a day off and then I worked on a Saturday, which normally plays time and a half, I wouldn't get time and a half if not if I'm making up. If it was in the same week, I would agree with you, Tom.
Speaker 13: If it was made up in a week where you already had forty hours, it would pay overtime or time only if.
Speaker 2: They deducted the first time. If they deducted it the first time, Yes, that's right. But if I am making up time, it doesn't count as extra money. You don't work five days a week, take one day off, then make up that day and call it six days. Joe, we might be in a fundamental disagreement here, Joe, is that what she's doing? So she technically some weeks. Let's just say she would work Monday through Thursday, and instead of working Friday, she'd work Saturday. Is is that what I'm seeing? That's trct and then she wanted to get paid, not just for Monday through Friday, which she didn't work Friday, but she wanted to get work. She wanted to get paid for six days, not five.
Speaker 7: Well, it's because she was working more than eight hours on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Well okay, but that okay? Did she ever work more than eight hours during the week?
Speaker 7: Yes she did.
Speaker 2: Did she get paid for that?
Speaker 7: She got paid for the eight hours a day that she would work, take a day off for whatever reason, and then she would work a Saturday and a Sunday over eight hours.
Speaker 2: But is it because she's screwn around or is it because there was more than in other words, instead of work, why did she work Saturday and Sunday? Was it to make up for Thursday and Friday to make up?
Speaker 7: No, she would take one day off, so she would technically just work like two days a day and a half to make up for that one day.
Speaker 2: Why Why did she work more to make up for one day than she normally would.
Speaker 7: I don't know that was something between her.
Speaker 2: Well I don't think, I mean, I don't see why she would do that. Why wouldn't she just work her eight hours and then on Monday start up again. I see, I think I don't think it makes any difference. I think it makes a big difference. Exactly. That's exactly right. If she listened. If she's an hourly employee, anything over forty hours would be overtime. If she worked over forty hours, and you're saying that's what she was doing, they're probably saying, wait a minute, you work Monday through Friday. You never work overtime. Why is it when you're making up a day on Saturday, you're working overtime? I would ask the same thing. I mean, are you saying to me the work she did on that Saturday to make up for Friday was more than she would normally do on Friday?
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 2: But why, why all of a sudden did that Friday turn into a day and a half?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: They have a right to ask, Well, they have a right to ask that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, that's what and that's what they would do during the week. If she worked over, they would pay her. But if she worked a Saturday worked over, they wouldn't pay her.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, And I would ask, here's what I would do during the week Monday through There's no dispute what you're saying, so if she works Monday through Friday, and if she goes up to the let's say five o'clock quitting time, I don't know what time. Let's say it's five and she has to do another couple of hours. Does she have to get permission?
Speaker 7: No, she just works over They look at her.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 13: It's such at this point, is crazy. She either worked forty hours or more.
Speaker 2: Mark, here's what they're but, Mark, that's true if she worked over forty hours. But what if she did it she was going for a ton of He's go breaking.
Speaker 13: He already said that during the week sometimes she would work over forty hours as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, then why are they disputing the overtime on Saturday and not on Friday? Why? Well, I'm asking him there's a reason. Here's why, Mark, Because I believe people don't just pay you arbitrarily overtime Monday through Friday and then suddenly decide not to on a weekend. And I am surmising that the business has a reason for it, and he's not telling us.
Speaker 7: Now, that's as far as much as I know is that she would work over eight hours on a Saturday or Sunday and then they wouldn't pay her.
Speaker 13: For it, And okay, but hold on, guys, that's all labor board. This whole conversation's gotten crazy. Tell her to return it. If they don't pay her for the overtime, then you go to the labor board and she's going to get paid for it. The labor board will pay her. I promise you that's true. But what I'm asking is, see, I always try to find out reasons why things like this.
Speaker 2: They don't trust her. That's the point. And what I'm getting at is why do they trust her during the week but not on the weekend. Did you ask her this kind of thing?
Speaker 14: Yeah, she said, because basically I can't remember exactly why she told me, but she said she was only allowed eight hours, and then after that.
Speaker 7: They just refused to pay her because she made up for eight hours. So if she worked over that, that wasn't their fault. That was her fault.
Speaker 13: But it doesn't matter if she worked over forty hours in a week, she gets overtime.
Speaker 7: And they weren't going to pay her for that.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, I swear I'm gonna hang myself if she goes to the labor board about that. The problem, right, now is she's making it so complicated because she's holding the equipment.
Speaker 2: No one's going to do anything.
Speaker 7: No, she's going to return it. I just I was just texting her. She's going to return it. But she's saying that they're giving a hard time about the pay. Now they're even telling her that they don't even have to pay her.
Speaker 13: If she goes to the labor board, she will get paid. I don't know how else to say it. They have paid people that I can't leave.
Speaker 2: They fade. Oh, that's true, that's true. I think Joe. I think though, that the reason they're doing this is because they suspect when she's doing this on a weekend, she's screwing around.
Speaker 13: Like, what I'd like to know is on a normal before she's no longer with the company, does she like log in on a computer and that tracks her hours? Does she simply tell them what time I stopped and started? I mean, how does any of that work? How does she keep track of her hours?
Speaker 7: Attract her hours every time she would log on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if she logged on, I don't need any more than that.
Speaker 13: If it shows that she logged on and logged off more than forty hours I promise you that to get paid.
Speaker 2: That's true. I want to move on, Thank you, Joe. Let us know, Let us know what the labor boards. I mean, first of all, for return the equipment get back to us. Isn't it crazy?
Speaker 13: I mean, he's a nice guy trying to help out his daughter, but when people make I don't know why his daughter made it so complicated by holding the equipment to begin with. She's got everything on her side of a fight like this, but then she messes up the fight by holding it. If someone kept their uniforms and refused to get back their uniforms, I simply would deduct them.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't even know why she's playing games like that. I know, Ken, what's going away? No, No, I gotta take a break. I'm sorry. Three oh three, So I'll go back to Ken right after this three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three, eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot Com for honest assessment of your furnace or ac and get it done during what we call the shoulder season. Not too hot, not too cold, be safe with eight eight eight Heating dot Com, Great People, eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. What's going on? For some reason? Mark is a upside down?
Speaker 8: Side down?
Speaker 2: And let me guess that's me, not you?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, what the hell? I have nothing to do with that upside down? Dragon? Am I literally upside down? Or web man? Yes? I mean you are upside doing a headstand. I don't know what to say. You're upside down anyway? Three O three very seven put me up on the dear man. Well, I'm I don't care to find an upside I keep doing while I'm on the show. I got let me take these calls. I told you I got to just stay on though, and let me just take these calls because I don't want to be screwed up here. Okay, here we go. Let's talk to Ken. Ken. I can't stand this company. I just can't stand them. They've been a thorn in my side for years. And I know we used to have various people on saying they're wonderful, and they had a PR guy for a while. But Mark, in general, when we get appliances complaints, where do we get them from? Be honest, where do we appliance factory outlet?
Speaker 13: And let me say this, a lot of people don't realize that they buy a lot of stuff that scratch and dent or possibly returned second hand however you want to call it. So when you buy it, you're not getting a lot of the times you're not getting that warranty from the manufacturer you believe you're getting. What you are getting is the warranty from appliance factory outlet, and that differs depending on what you buy.
Speaker 2: Well said, thank you, Mark, So let's talk about it. Go ahead, what's good?
Speaker 5: It's Ken?
Speaker 2: Yes, go ahead, what do you think. Go ahead, Well, we bought a washer.
Speaker 5: We bought a washer from American Factory outlets.
Speaker 13: Yes, sir, and the client factory outlets here, yeah, applied, Yes, so we.
Speaker 5: Bought the extended warranty. And then this the door seal is leaking and uh so then they directed us to brand Source, which takes care of their warranty. So Brand Source at one point said, well, it's three hundred dollars. It's not covered by warranty. We talked on the phone for a little bit and then we got disconnected. A few days later, they called back and then they said to part was six hundred dollars. So then we go back to the Long Mount, the appliance factory, and they said, well, no, that warranty should have been like a bumper to bumper warranty. And then for the last week, no one has accepted our calls or returned our calls regarding this fact. And so it's just kind of like you buy it, you pay all the money, and then they don't want to they don't want to honor their extended warranty or even their warranty at all.
Speaker 2: Why, I mean, what is it their warranty or is it a factor like Mark said, is it? Is it one of those screwed up deals where it was a second or something or what?
Speaker 5: No, it was brand new, brand new unit.
Speaker 1: Can you have it?
Speaker 2: Well, why don't you just go straight to the manufacturer? Why don't you just call up whoever? And by the way, if you're looking, this is Mark on Zoom upside down. And I didn't do it well.
Speaker 5: So therefore I have tried to contact Samsung and then they direct you back to where you bought it, and then then you're out all that MUCHY.
Speaker 2: No, they don't.
Speaker 13: I a Samsung has a warranty man no on that model number because he bought it through Appliance factory warranty.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have a Samsung warranty.
Speaker 13: I every time we have a call from Appliant's factory, it always goes back to the same thing.
Speaker 2: You can call Samsung to your blue in the face.
Speaker 13: When you give them that actual number to that exact product, they're gonna say you need to go back to where you bought it.
Speaker 5: Exactly. And then and then they say, well, okay, you have a two year man or factory warranty. But then we paid for the extended morty. Now we're on the extended warranty time and Appliant factory direct you to brand source. Brand surce tries to rip.
Speaker 2: You off and then okay, hold on, that's what it is. It's not under warranty. If they said brand source, that's what it is. See you said it was brand new with a factory warranty. You were wrong. Why'd you say that?
Speaker 5: I'm not wrong. It was brand new unit when.
Speaker 2: We bought it, but it wasn't factory warranty. No, they're somehow marked they buy them. I don't know how they do it, somehow fat They don't have a manufacturer's warranty. Why are they seconds or what? What? What's the situation?
Speaker 13: Well, most of them are scratching dent Now listen, I don't know if they sell brand new products that are actually covered by it through this again, Ken, Ken, you went to factory and you see this on the showroom floor.
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 5: That's correct? Brand new unit, brand new unit in the boxes?
Speaker 2: I get it. Then what is brand source? Tell me what that is?
Speaker 5: Well, from my understanding, that is when you buy the extended warranty or you have a warranty, brand source is supposed to honor these warranties and do the repairs.
Speaker 2: Well, then that okay, hold on, No, then what you're saying or two things, You did not have a factory warranty. You had their own brand source warranty. Why I don't know. I don't. This is what they do. But you do not have what you think you have. That's what I'm getting at.
Speaker 5: Then they should not be allowed. That's not true for them.
Speaker 2: I'll bet you in your paperwork, I'll bet you, and I'm not trying to fight with you. I don't like these guys. If here's what it says, oh, why don't you? Okay, go ahead, Mark, here's what it says. Thanks. And it is tricky when you think about it.
Speaker 13: Yes, Appliance Factory and Mattress Kingdom say that Appliance has purchased come with full warranty.
Speaker 2: Well it does, but it's through them.
Speaker 13: The company buys overstock, uncreated, minor case imperfection products directly from manufacturers and then process and certifies them themselves as new.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, see you got duped. Yeah, but they're a lot cheaper.
Speaker 13: I mean, come on, we've got to at least let's not pretend that it's the same price as anywhere else.
Speaker 2: The products are cheaper, So I mean, that's why.
Speaker 5: But how can they mislead you?
Speaker 2: And then you I'll bet you it's in your paperwork. Send me, send me all your paperwork. I'll bet you we'll find somewhere. I'll bet you we find somewhere.
Speaker 13: In fact, it goes on to say Appliance Factory in Mattress Kingdom's terms of service state that all services are provided as is and as available, and they and they disclaim all warranties, including implied warranties.
Speaker 2: Where where did you?
Speaker 13: Where are you reading this that is coming from? That might be right under their own terms of service. Actually, see ken is calling it misleading.
Speaker 2: It's not misleading if it's in your paperwork or at the store or on their website.
Speaker 13: Not only is it in those places, I'm are you sure when you sign, when they deliver, or when you purchase it and pay for it, I'm pretty sure it's all right there.
Speaker 2: It's got to be. We went there to look at a Viking. They also have like a higher end place.
Speaker 13: We were looking at a Viking something or other years ago, and when we got to the point, I was very surprised it was one thousand or two less. But then as you start digging into it, there was no warranty on it. And I was like, now hold on, though, but here's what I want to know, Ken, and Ken, you have to understand. I'm on your side. I swear to God I am. I want to help you, but you buy under certain conditions and our hands are tied unless.
Speaker 2: They lied to you.
Speaker 5: They did lie to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now hold on, let's isolate that. How did they lie?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, okay, So when we purchased it, right here on the invoice line number two, if I do not purchase a product protection plus extended moranty to protect my appliance purchased beyond the manufacturer warranty, I am response for all costs and repairs or replacement of my appliances. Well, we purchased that. So they told us it was covered from bumper to bumper because we did purchase the extended warranty.
Speaker 2: And what's the name of the extended warranty.
Speaker 5: Well, it doesn't have a name. It's just all we have is the invoice from appliance factory.
Speaker 2: Look at what I how about it?
Speaker 6: But what what?
Speaker 2: What does it say? What are the terms of the extended warranty? What did you pay for it? What did you pay for the extended warranty?
Speaker 5: One per appliance, So one nine for the washer, one ninety nine.
Speaker 3: For the dryer.
Speaker 2: And which one are we talking about now?
Speaker 5: Well we're talking about the washer.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, so here's okay. You're saying, in addition to the brand source warranty, you bought.
Speaker 5: An in it, in addition to the to Samsung's warranty, we bought the We bought the product brand new.
Speaker 2: You didn't have a Samsung war You didn't have a Samsung warranty.
Speaker 5: Well, they told us we did.
Speaker 2: So Now where in the paperwork, that's what I need to know. Where does it Mark? I agree with him that if it doesn't specifically say you don't.
Speaker 13: Have a fact emailed you from their website. Okay, let me take factory dot com. I want to take this break and come back and look at it.
Speaker 2: Okay, this people, you got to listen to this because a lot of you go to appliance factory outlet, So please Okay, So I'm going to look at this email come right back to you guys right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Ah, man Ken, We're gonna call over there and see what we can find out. But from all indications, it seems jacked. I I just it just seems jacked to me. And I don't know if this is gonna what's gonna happen? So I don't know what to tell you, man Mark, what do you think?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 2: We hear this, they make it very cuch. He said he was never told he personally will.
Speaker 13: Well, they're gonna send He's gonna send over that agreement and we're going to look at it.
Speaker 2: Do you think he'll send us everything.
Speaker 13: Yeah, just keep them. I'd go ahead and keep them, Kelly. Just keep them so we can grab what he's sending us and then we'll look at it. Maybe the paperwork he has doesn't match what their website says.
Speaker 2: Anything's possible, Bill, what's happening, bro?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Hi, thanks for taking my call. I'm calling in regards to a property that I purchased back in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: What kind of property, Bill?
Speaker 11: It's a duplex over in the Sloan's eighth Sloans Lake area, and we it was built in forty nine and won't be planning to scrape it and develop it.
Speaker 2: And you bought it in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, okay, Yeah, so when they built the duplex, it was the same contractor that built the duplex to the noise worth of meat and it's kind of ironic. But the driveway is a shared driveway with the boundary lines between Lakewood and Edgewater.
Speaker 2: Wait, so your driveway is in two cities.
Speaker 11: Well, my property line the driveway is nine feet wide, and I owned four and a half feet of the driveway and the property owner to the north of me owns the other four and a half ways.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you share your driveway with a neighbor.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's across access across I get it. Well, we don't have a cross access agreement for the driveway.
Speaker 2: It's a yeah, it's a shared maintenance agreement or shared access. Okay, go ahead. So there is no agreement. It's an easement of wreck though on your on your survey or what.
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 11: It just shows that I own the four and a half seat on a got it on the deeds registered with Jefferson County, got and he would own the other four and a half seat.
Speaker 2: Got it? Yeah, So now what.
Speaker 11: Well, kind of running into it? I want to utilize that four and a half seat in my development. What's stopping me from just putting a fence.
Speaker 2: Up on my Okay? So you don't want to have a driveway is what you're saying, right, correct? Okay? Or you want to move a driveway or do whatever, now, it depends. That's why I ask. If there's a permanent easement granted, then you can't do if it's a deed restriction or permanent easeman or any kind of recorded instrument, you can't do it without their approval. If it's not. If it's simply something that's been going on, well, you may have another problem if you try to take it, and that's called adverse possession, which means the neighbor's been using it or that property. It has been of record for years and years and years and years and years and you haven't done anything about it. Now you can attempt to put up a fence and they're going to attempt to stop you. If it's a joint road agreement, I mean, excuse me if it's If it's adverse possession, so you really need to do some homework. I can't answer your question. If it is an easement that shows up on your survey, you can't do it. You know, if it was an adverse possession issue.
Speaker 13: One of the things you might think about, and I know you've done it, Tom, is maybe come up where you lease it to them and they sign.
Speaker 2: It for a dollar a year. And what would that possibly do, mister Martino. Well, if you even better than that, you don't have to get them to sign anything. You can grant them permission to use it. Once you grant them permission to use it, it never goes to a verse. But you can't do that after it's already been eighteen years. See that's the problem, or twelve years, whatever it is. See the problem is when it happened to me on commercial property and I had a Wendy's encroach with their drive through, and they thought, you know, who's going to do anything about it? And so instead of fighting them in court, I just wanted to have the freedom to reneg it or to reverse it at any time. And in order to do that, I said they can have permission to use it until further notice. Their attorney came on glued and said, we don't want permission. I said, well, you have permission, and so they didn't have to sign anything. I granted them permission. The reason I did that is so they can't say it was adverse, and by not being adverse, I'm able to revoke it. But if it's already been there for how long? When was it built?
Speaker 7: Nineteen fifty?
Speaker 2: Okay, if it's been built in nineteen fifty and that's been existing in existence that long, you're not going to get it removed.
Speaker 13: Not unless he might get some Uh, he might get some money for property taxes he's paid and other things over the years.
Speaker 2: No, No, he paid it, but they paid it too. They each pay their own half. I don't think he wasn't paying for the other half.
Speaker 11: Hey Tom, Yeah, have my ILC improvement?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, yes, it's going it at.
Speaker 11: A four point five easement recorded on a certain recorded.
Speaker 2: Number with R and I'll bet you he has a four point five easement as well. So that easement is is his easement to you, and the one on his property is your easement to him. No, no, just the other way around. The four and a half feet is your easement to him. The other side is his easement to you.
Speaker 11: So within that four and a half seat based off of this, it's a recorded I can't put a sense.
Speaker 2: There unless it calls, unless the easeman will have some specifications in it. But you know what, I'd love to get Brad O'Brien on to talk about it. Hold on a secon We got to take this break. Hang on, get Brad O'Brien. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, what is your comment, Chris on this easement issue? What is your comment? I'll take that before we Oh, no, Brad O'Brien's there. But but Chris, real quick, what were you going to say about it?
Speaker 15: What I was gonna say is I had an issue with this with one of my neighbors at one point, and basically there's a there are setback requirements on the sides of houses. Now it doesn't really apply to this, but if there is an easement for that driveway and he does put an offense, the other owner can just have.
Speaker 2: Him remove it, of course for it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, And I mean it's just that's right, not something he wants to do without checking all the paperwork, even if he has like a written agreement. Because when he bought the house. He bought all the easements, regardless of how old they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to talk to Brad o Brian, thank you, Chris, you're you're right about that now, Brad. This guy this this duplex was built in the This duplex was built in the fifties. And he says his driveway on his survey shows he owns four and a half feet of a nine foot wide driveway, so he owns half of it. On his survey there's an easement on his half granting it to the neighbor, and on the neighbors there's an easement granting to him. He wants to evacuate his half of the driveway and put up a fence down the middle, and it's a recorded easement since nineteen fifty.
Speaker 16: What do you think, Well, these are reciprocal easements in favor of each other. They're mutual, and in order to give up. In order to terminate an easement, the beneficiary of the easement, whoever enjoys it, has to sign off on that.
Speaker 10: So this is the guy who.
Speaker 16: Who wants to take back the centin his land is not the beneficiary. He's the burdened party. So he's not the one who can terminate it. He has to get the party who's going to be losing the easement to sign up on the crimination.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought. So he's not going to be able to just do that, not at all at this time point. So he he's out of luck. I mean, right, I mean as far as wanting to put up his fence.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, the.
Speaker 16: Burden party connect unilaterally terminate an Eastman.
Speaker 10: The party has to terminate it.
Speaker 2: So did you hear that? That That answers your question, sir? It really does.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I did your I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Well, now let me ask you. Is this the neighbor that shares the duplex with you or the neighbor on the other side.
Speaker 11: The neighbor on the other side where the other duplex?
Speaker 2: Okay, have you ever talked to that neighbor? Does he use the driveway?
Speaker 11: Yeah, they do use the driveway. So I'm gonna meet with him on the twentieth.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just put a fence? Why don't you just come in four and a half feet and put your fence there.
Speaker 11: Well, that that's eventually what's going to happen with the new development. But I film need to hear it. I guess you heard it drive agreement for the Transportation Department with City alaquid.
Speaker 2: Well, we got to run. But I hope, I hope you just consult an attorney if you need anything. Brad O'Brien is a real estate attorney. Seven two zero three seven zero seventy three eighty eight. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: So you don't happen, come running just as fast as you can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come.
Speaker 2: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Okay, I'm not going to Mark when he's upside down. I'm sorry, Mark, I'm not gonna do it. I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven on three eight two five five. I'm mistiming these scenes a little. I'm trying to get him automated. If you're watching on YouTube, don't worry. It's growing pains. I'll get it all worked out soon. Give us a call if you need help with the consumer problem question can pay? Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, now I can go to Mark.
Speaker 10: There you go.
Speaker 2: Well, no, see, now you're off camera. This guy is so bad. He just for yes.
Speaker 13: I'm sure everybody believes it's nay, yeah, yeah, well of course you were on perfectly and now you're not.
Speaker 2: So what happened? I didn't do thing, I didn't touch anything. Now he absolutely changed his prob He was full screen and everything, and it just sucks.
Speaker 8: I don't know he saw his face. It broke the camera anyway.
Speaker 2: Just just hold on, man, let me go to the phones. Let me let let's start helping people. Oh somebody hung up. See because we're fooling around. Mark, did you change really? Because you were on full screen and now you're not?
Speaker 1: So all?
Speaker 13: I'm well, I killed it because once again, while I'm in that, I can't get texts and stuff, and.
Speaker 2: Okay, well god, and it was me and it wasn't me, So if you kept inverting me other than that, I didn't do it. No, I didn't really, but okay, so if you want to ever go back to it, let's try it. Otherwise screw it. I'm going to try to do it anyway we can. But anyway, it's just I'm trying.
Speaker 13: He doesn't know how to do it, so he yes, I'm sure everybody is thinking exactly that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sure. Well and businesses, Donna, what's going on with this apartment? Donna, what's going on with this apartment? What's happening?
Speaker 8: Donna?
Speaker 17: Bye?
Speaker 2: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 18: I've lived in Well, I've got a landlord that is My rent is thirteen seventy five. They told me extension would be an extra hundred.
Speaker 10: I said, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Mean an extra hundred per month.
Speaker 7: Well, no, an.
Speaker 18: Extra hundred for the extension per stay a month longer than my lease.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, you just want to extend a month and they were going to charge you regular rent plus one hundred.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's what they did.
Speaker 18: And I can understand that because I'm at my so I got a lease extension. But here's my problem. I went to pay for that, and when I went into the portal, they charged me one thousand, six hundred and eighty one dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, well, I don't know what that means. What is your normal rent?
Speaker 18: Thirteen sixty five?
Speaker 2: Thirteen sixty five? And on top of that, they charged you their thousand bucks.
Speaker 18: No, they charged me another almost three hundred dollars three.
Speaker 2: Hundred, okay, okay, So it went from thirteen hundred to sixteen hundred. You thought it was only going to be an extra hundred. I want to ask a few questions before we do any of this. When was your lease up?
Speaker 7: Oh, August thirty first of this year?
Speaker 2: Lease was up August thirty first, okay? And another thing I want to did you want to stay or did you leave because it was up?
Speaker 18: I was leaving because I was being harassed by the new manager that took over in January. I was there for four four and a half years prior to that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you were so you're you're leaving voluntarily. I get it, you're leaving voluntarily, and then they charged you and did you have anything in writing that said they were going to charge you just the extra one hundred bucks.
Speaker 18: Actually, she told me she was going to send me an extension agreement. I never received it, but when I went into the portal to do the evacuation notice, it said twelve seventy five plus one hundred dollars. Okay, So I'm going, well, I know my rent with all the utilities and stuff is thirteen sixty five, and I went to pay that, but they removed the They charged me sixteen eighty one instead of the fourteen seventy.
Speaker 2: I get you. I know exactly what you're saying. The only way we can do something about that is if you have a very clear extension agreement that says you could hold over for one month for an additional one hundred dollars. If you don't never send it to me, I just well, okay, but okay, now hold on, Donna, Donna. Let's just say I have one of my deputies call over there and say, you charge this woman sixteen hundred bucks another three hundred on top of her rent, and she was told she could stay there an extra month for an extra one hundred dollars over her rent and the person says, no, we didn't. Then what do we do?
Speaker 18: Yeah, well, I have it on the vacate notice saying it was.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, oh, that's good. Way tell me what the vacate notice says.
Speaker 18: The vote vacate notice said twelve seventy five plus one hundred extension.
Speaker 2: Twelve seventy five. But you're okay, So if you take twelve seventy five and you add one hundred, that's thirteen seventy five, right.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: But then on top of that you would have utilities, right, which which.
Speaker 18: Is the ninety five? Which is why I automatically was going to say.
Speaker 2: So it would be fourteen seven bread Okay, okay, you do have something in writing it clearly says that amount dew on this invoice? And did you do you have it? Did you save it or is it? Is it on the portal or did you save it?
Speaker 1: What I did?
Speaker 18: Is there any way you can print anything from these guys? I had to put it on the screen of the TV and take pictures of it with myney.
Speaker 2: Well, that's okay, that's okay. Are they denied? Donna? Donna? This sounds good to me when you told them by the way I show here on the portal twelve seventy five plus one hundred, that would be thirteen seventy five plus ninety five, which would be fourteen seventy Why am I being charged sixteen? Did you go through that scenario with them? And what did they say?
Speaker 18: Yes, yes, sir, And I left them a message and nobody called me back.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you never did You never did get to make your argument with them.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 18: In fact, I'm don't have enough problem with them.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well we'll help you do that. I think you have a good case. I mean, if truly you too, I mean, if you have that in writing, you were smart to take a picture of it. I don't know how are they going to deny it? I mean, so you've never talked to one person since that bill?
Speaker 18: No, I have been trying to call.
Speaker 13: Okay, why don't you send us and half picture and we'll have Deputy Dot call over.
Speaker 8: What did you Is there a management office donor that you could go to and talk to somebody in person?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 18: I tried doing that too, sir, when I took the catier's check up there with my letter. Because and they have a lockdown building and so I put it through their drop box and I called the number and I said, your cashier's check for this much. I think it was fifteen something. Because they're charging me for the dead bolt from this from putting that on my doors. It's the homeless people full works trying to come into my unit and they assaulted me.
Speaker 9: On the property.
Speaker 2: What do you mean they assaulted you?
Speaker 18: I falled and I asked for a dead bolt, and there's one hundred and sixteen that I just want this over with, but I don't want to. But I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Well, you confuse me. There is the additional money. Is the additional money something to do with the dead bolt?
Speaker 18: Well, I paid it because I just want to get rid of it. But yeah, they charged me after being assaulted on the mark.
Speaker 2: What Mark is asking, Mark is asking if you had maybe any damages they assessed? What about your security deposit? Did you get? What about your ceiling?
Speaker 18: They've already said, They've already said to me Tom three different times, so you're going to Florida.
Speaker 9: So you're going to Florida.
Speaker 2: Well, Ronna, he didn't answer me. I didn't answer me that.
Speaker 18: I'm going to have a problem getting my deposit doesn't come back until after I leave, and then thirty days. But the lady came in and she took pictures of my whole place, and she goes, oh, the place looks really good, and I said, yeah, I said, I a very donna.
Speaker 2: Call us. You can call us even if you're in Florida if they try to keep your deposit. I want deputy doctor call over there. I want deputy doctor. Where are you going in Florida?
Speaker 18: By the way, uh, Leesburg, But don't put that on here.
Speaker 2: It's just well, they're not listening right now. But that's a nice that's a nice area, by the way, that's growing pretty fast, Yes, sir, it is.
Speaker 18: And I you know, I just I have never had this much assle ever. And you know, I mean, I'm like, I'm seventy. Just just let me out of here and let me go and don't rip me off. You know, it's like mine.
Speaker 2: I know. I don't you listen, listen. I feel for you. I really do. Are you single and alone? Are you do you have anybody to help you out here? Hum?
Speaker 17: No, No, I don't sure.
Speaker 18: I wasn't able to have kids, and my husband passed away about twenty years ago. So I've been trying to struggle on.
Speaker 2: Give me that email. I'm going to help you out.
Speaker 13: Just I need to see a picture of exactly where it says it's less than what they charged you.
Speaker 2: And if I got to drive over there, I'll drive over there. I'm going to give thank you. Yeah, Donald, We're going to help you out here.
Speaker 8: There's never anybody in the management office. Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Kelly's chatting with her right now to get and folks, okay, all right, let's just do this. Then let's let's let Mark call over there and put the fear of God in them. One clear Choice Garage Doors, Now that is a great place. I'm telling you, I've never seen a company more well organized, well excel roofings, pretty damn good. Listen. One clear Choice door is they come to your door twenty four to seven to fix your garage door if you have an emergency broken spring, can't it in, can't it out? Here's the other thing, you can't close your door. But they'll also do regular inspections, regular garage doors. All of the nervish you need, all of the prices are on the website now. Even though the company's one clear choice garage stores. The website is one clear choice Doors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martine, you're troubleshooter. Hey YouTubers you here, don't you? You hear behind the scenes them harassing me about my agent stuff. So you're gonna all be called to testify in the in the court case I have. I wouldn't miss that court date in a million years. All the YouTube and show up, Oh sorry, fourteen of them. I am so tired of this stupid thing here. I just got to turn it off. I'm just gonna I'm just never mind. I look at I'm struggling to get what comes. Okay, never mind, people are confused. Can you clip out his I'm struggling and send it.
Speaker 7: To me please.
Speaker 2: Okay. Anyway, guys, you heard me being harassed, right, Okay, So you're going to be called, uh to testify. So I want you all, if you agree to testify in my case against Mark and Shannon and Dragon and Kaschina, I want you to just say, I will on the stream here and I'll have you down here, okay, and then you will be called. I will do depositions, and uh, we'll come after. We'll go after him. I'll even give you guys, you know I we'll throw a party with my millions. I'm gonna pay for my attorney with your credit card.
Speaker 8: Tom, I was there in person. So I will testify.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 15: Mar Well you should a little bit because this almost could be elder abuse if we did anything wrong.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got to talk to seriously, I gotta talk to Donna about this apartment. Now, did we did we call Mark or not?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Get the information from never mind Donna. Hold on. We won't go back to you then, because Mark is gonna call. Yeah, Donna's the only thing I read, Kelly. You talked to her?
Speaker 13: Is she going to be sending me a picture of the portal or whatever that shows the discrepancy. As soon as I get that, Dona, just get her phone number. I'll reach out to her after I talk to him later today.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, Kayla. Kayla's turn. So Kayla, what's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 2: Kayla?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 10: How are you good?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Kayla?
Speaker 17: So, basically that a roofer to come on out about a year ago, paid him with the insurance money. Sorry, give me one second.
Speaker 2: So so the roof Okay, you hired a rufer a year ago?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 17: Signed a contract with a roofer?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 11: And you know, I honestly did you pay in full?
Speaker 2: Did you pay in full?
Speaker 17: So I gave him the six thousand dollars that the insurance company gave me. Yeah, because he told me that he needed to buy material.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That so you never hire a roofer, this says that. Ever, that's that's an easy way to never have this. No, I'm serious, never hire a roofer that needs money upfront. Ever, don't ever hire one. That's the bottom line. Now, what else? Go ahead?
Speaker 17: Well, and so yeah, of course I've learned that after I mean, I thought I was saying.
Speaker 2: That will eliminate eight percent of all ripoffs. Don't pay a penny. Yeah, you know, Excel roofing, you don't pay anything, not a dime, not a dime. Just okay, I want to know.
Speaker 17: And here's the deal is he made it so legit because he's like, hey, so here's the way it works. You know, you get X amount from your insurance company, and then they pay the rest after.
Speaker 2: The job's done. So I mean, okay, well what happened. You didn't tell us the bad news? What happened?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, so did he ever? Did he ever do your roof Nope?
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 17: Oh, come a multiple dates. I'm going to be there on this date, this date, this date.
Speaker 19: Yeah, then he sell ill and then again throughout a couple more days.
Speaker 2: And now what's the name of the roofer? His name is Josh Sandibal, Josh Josh Sandibal. What's the name of the company, three or three Roofing and Construction? Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, ripoff. Yeah, that's too bad. Three ZHO three Roofing in Construction. Yep, heard of him. That's too bad. Yep. Let's try to reach out to him, Kelly. Let's see if they'll come on.
Speaker 7: What's his name, Joshua Sandoval.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's it. I'm looking it up. Oh man, And so what's his latest excuse? You can get him arrested or you can get a civil judgment. It's contractor Trust Act he violated. So how long ago was it that I signed the contract? And did he ever? Did he ever come back? Did he ever do anything? No?
Speaker 19: He did absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: Okay, So right now, what's his phone number?
Speaker 6: Let's see.
Speaker 7: Their phone number is?
Speaker 2: Is he still out there trying to get work?
Speaker 17: I believe so?
Speaker 7: Seven?
Speaker 2: How'd you find him?
Speaker 17: By the way, Actually it was a family friend that sent him over, clearly, oh, not a friend anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think they did it on purpose, did that?
Speaker 17: Oh they didn't, but you know, and they.
Speaker 7: Tried to help.
Speaker 2: But there, give me his phone number. Seven to zero hold on seven two zero.
Speaker 18: Yeah, three two zero eight three eight seven eight.
Speaker 2: Three eight seven? Are we gonna call him right now?
Speaker 8: Mark?
Speaker 2: Right this second? Are somebody gonna call him?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think Kelly should call and see if he wants to come on air. Seven two zero three two zero eighty three eighty seven. If I hadn't heard about him before, I wouldn't have put out the number, but I've heard about him. She's calling three zero three Roofing and Construction people. They took money up front, did nothing, just signed me of old J Lopez. Oh my god, remember him, he's still on this seas for game. He would Oh he's listening that the Better guess what the Better Business Bureau gives them a plush. Oh my god? Just crazy? Is this way? Is he at three h three roofing dot com? Is that the one? Or is you said roofing and Construction? Is that the actual name?
Speaker 17: Ow else is on the contract?
Speaker 2: Is it Roofing and Construction LLC?
Speaker 5: Correct?
Speaker 2: I can't okay, I'm wondering if there's more more than one.
Speaker 19: Well, when I started looking up the company after all, this was kind of transpired because I started filling out the paperwork for small claims, there was a phone number and I reached out, and it sounds that he's using their are either their contract he's no longer with them, so he's fraudulently filling out these contracts.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm not going to get into semantics. I see what you're saying. He works for you know, Mark, I don't think this is the guy. But here's someone doing that to excel as well.
Speaker 2: Mark, do you know that? On here? On LinkedIn? Yeah, do you know who? It list says three o three Roofer. But it's not the same. It can't because it's Rufer three oh three Roofer, not three oh three Roofing and Contract. Yeah. Three oh three Roofer's Chris. That's a good company. You remember Chris. I do remember Chris? And yeah, well I because he would so I don't want to get confused with those people.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, you know this is three or three Roofing and Construction LC.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: He's just piggybacking off other people's good names a little. The other guy Rick, Yeah, yeah, so let's call him.
Speaker 2: Uh what did he say, Kelly? It goes straight to voicemail Tom hmmm, wow, okay is it? He's just he's going to be like a J.
Speaker 13: Lopez, just an outright thief. You show up, you take money, you do absolutely nothing. You can call it whatever you want. You're a thief, bro, that's what you.
Speaker 2: Want, have you. I want to try to find this, in my opinion, I want to list him on the sleeves forget. I want to try to find him.
Speaker 13: At least a picture of him. Send the info over to Susanne. She's good at snooping out those photos. Yeah, let's see if we can get a photo of this this clown.
Speaker 2: How much did you give Caylee? I forgot Kaylaw she fell off. That sucks. That's all right, We've got all her info. Ton, did you hear how much did she give him? Down? She gave him six grand God bless folks. You know what.
Speaker 13: I don't want to go into the whole spiel, but the bottom line is, especially with the roofer, never give him money up front.
Speaker 2: Not a nickel, not a dime, not a penny. Yeah, who we're going to sign this to? You're going to keep trying, Kelly? Or what? Dude?
Speaker 1: What do we do?
Speaker 2: We gotta we gotta see if we can get a hold of this clown, at least give him the give it, give it to Deputy Bow. He's online one too. Okay, let's go to Bow. Oh no, I gotta take this break ball. Come right back to you. I'm Tom Martino three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five stick around, Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven on three two five five, Deputy Bow, you have something with Rihanna? And uh, what's going on with Rihanna? I'm trying to find the original call here, sir.
Speaker 3: This one's taken a while. I'm still working on it.
Speaker 2: How long ago did this come?
Speaker 3: In August fourteenth at the eleven o'clock hour and Mark.
Speaker 10: Was the host.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so there won't be any notes or they will be cryptic at best. Go ahead, And it was a great show, keep going, yes, go ahead, yes, And they were making fun of it, and they were making fun of me.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Yeah, I'll just give it to you.
Speaker 3: And that she owns an electrical. She's an electrical contractor. She uh returned a lot of electrical supplies back to the wholesale, which was City Electric. There's an any matter of thirteen thousand dollars on July second, and when she returned to product, her husband did not or her did not get.
Speaker 7: A receipt for the return.
Speaker 3: And they had a work in a relationship with this wholesaler. But the problem is the manager of this place got fired or left a couple of days after they returned it. So we're just struggling to see if we can get credit the new manager of the electrical wholesale house. They don't have a record of it, and they're not giving you.
Speaker 2: They don't have any record of her returning it.
Speaker 3: No, and I asked Rihanna if she would see if they would go back to the video cameras, and apparently their cameras were not working.
Speaker 2: So wait a minute. So she are we to believe she brought all this stuff back and just left with the promise of getting paid or what.
Speaker 3: At first, I was skeptical, but after talking to her and checking out her company, I do believe she did return their teen thousand dollars worth of electrical supplies because they gave her partial credit, but she didn't get she didn't get any receipt. She didn't because they had a relationship.
Speaker 2: Why did okay, why did she get when? But how do you leave the store after returning everything and only getting partial credit? In other words, she just said, oh, I'll be back for the rest or what I don't understand that part?
Speaker 3: I was in the contractor Sometimes I'd get in a hurry and drop stuff off at the wholesale house and say, hey, just get me credit.
Speaker 10: On it in the next few days.
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, God, And I've done that a thousand times with car parts.
Speaker 2: And it's and it's a mistake and you don't get a receipt or anything.
Speaker 3: She didn't get a receipt. Well, she had a relationship with the manager's name right righton?
Speaker 2: Can she track this guy down maybe to go to small claims court?
Speaker 3: I tried everything. In fact, I have a cousin that works for this branch, and he's trying to help me track this guy down. He's been with them ten years, but he's like a ghost. He's gone, so are they.
Speaker 2: How much How much total did she return and how much credit did.
Speaker 10: She get thirteen five hundred dollars she returned.
Speaker 3: Yes, they gave her thirty five hundred, So she's owed about nine ten thousand dollars. So the only thing I want to say is I'm working with the new regional manager that they've been going back and forth. I think they're going to issue her the credit. I just got to keep on top of it.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, they have to have. I mean, she's got to know what she returned, right. Does she have original purchase receipts or anything?
Speaker 10: She doesn't seem to have the.
Speaker 3: She has the invoice when she bought the stuff a year and a half. I guess they loaded up on a lot of this electrical stuff anticipate participation of a big job, but they didn't get the job, so they returned it. But she had the invoice.
Speaker 2: Are there any restocking fees we're not taking into consideration of certainly wouldn't be ten grand, but is there anything that's a good point?
Speaker 3: I need to ask him about the restocking fee. I bet she would be happy to pay a restocking fee on ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 3: So, my bottom line is contractors out there when you return product, even if you have a working relationship. You need to get some sort of paperwords stating you return to product because this company could deny her the credit.
Speaker 10: But I'm working with them.
Speaker 3: They may change your mind and issue with.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Regarding this Taylor on the on the on the ripper, would you just put the call on?
Speaker 8: Yeah, suld.
Speaker 3: If she's still on the line, you should ask if she has this ripper's address.
Speaker 2: Let's bring her up. Taylor Tayler, are you there? I am hermy Yeah. Deputy Bow wants to know if you want if you have this guy's address.
Speaker 5: I do, I do.
Speaker 17: I searched it. Like I said, I was going to start the small what's the address, sixteen eighty Yukon Street.
Speaker 2: Why do you care about that, Deputy Bow?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why, because it seems I I call these people, they just have a propensity never to call you back.
Speaker 7: So I'd like to call him maybe.
Speaker 3: Twice, and if not, I'll just go over and pay him a visit.
Speaker 17: Oh wow, thank you. That's it's a sweet number one in Lakewood, Colorado, eight or two one four?
Speaker 3: What's sixteen eighty what Yukon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sixteen eighty Yukon correct? Okay, and it's sweet and it's unit number one.
Speaker 3: Correct. Okay, I will make a couple of calls first, and he doesn't call me back, I'm going to go over there tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, is the serious problem? Now? This guy, by the way, just let me let me say this, this guy, Josh Sandivial doesn't seem dangerous, does he, Taylor?
Speaker 3: Okay, he's like personal visits do a lot, Tom that I've seen.
Speaker 2: They certainly can, that's for sure.
Speaker 17: Well, I really appreciate you guys. I mean that's just I didn't know what to do, and I you know, I can't afford a lawyer.
Speaker 6: I you know.
Speaker 17: And and then, like I said, my biggest fear is is you know, insurance company coming after me like I did the wrong thing. And I mean I have the contract, but it does no good. I've made the calls, I've got every text, I've printed everything out. But yeah, I just clearly and now I'm afraid to you know, deal with contractors.
Speaker 3: I don't blame you.
Speaker 10: I'm a contractor used to be.
Speaker 11: You got a wild job for them?
Speaker 2: Well, well you got you do have to. But but for you know, I know you're kind of joking because you're you did the right thing. But man, you your company was around for god so many years, but.
Speaker 3: I've ticked thousand dollars and not doing anything. This just I've taken this one personally.
Speaker 17: Well, like I said, I worked two jobs just to just to survive. I can't come up with this money right now, you know. I mean, yeah, maybe eventually after saving for a couple of years, but we just don't have the extra funds like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a shame, it really is.
Speaker 3: That's your question. If we can get him to do the roof.
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't have him do it unless, you know, I mean, that would be begrudgingly doing the roof. I don't know if i'd want him around exactly.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think you know, because basically I've already talked to the insurance company and they told me, well, it's coming up to a year either you signed with a new contractor, and I couldn't sign with a new contractor because I didn't have any money. So I've lost out basically on the rest of the money for the roof. I mean, I could literally cry. It's just it's frustrating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we're gonna we're gonna keep working on it and listen. I would get the I wouldn't have him do any work. But we gotta, we gotta scare the hell out of him. This this isn't like the end of the world. He's got to come up with the money. But I'm wondering how many other people he's done it to.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, I can I can only imagine. I can only imagine.
Speaker 2: People remember this Josh Sandible, piece of crap. Josh Sandible got bad to the bone seven to zero three two zero eighty three eighty seven. It's called the three h three roofing the bowl and construction. The guy sucks. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom, Martino, you're a troubleshooter. So Kayla, you're back, and uh this roofer, Oh she's gone. Okay, So this rufer is going on the sleeves for gay. But Bo's going to keep on that one. And I have to tell you something, man. We are getting such a flurry of calls recently, people putting money down and getting screwed. And yet every time I say no money down, I get pissed off. Contractors will go to hell. I mean, you know what, the only way to protect yourself is not to put money down. It's been you know you guys. If look, here's the deal, there's no reason. If you can't finance a business, don't be in business. But people take a risk. And I'm telling you with roofers, I said ninety eight percent. I exaggerated. It would be ninety nine percent of the problems gone if you put no money down, like Excel Roofing. Excel Roofing. The only people I know I swear to you no money, not a dime, not even to get a full complete estimate. So they go up and do it and give it in writing and every detail they don't say, oh, whatever your insurance company wants or give us your first insurance check or any of that crap. They go up independently, give you an estimate. Now, once they do that, you have that estimate. You can compare it to what the insurance wants to do. And you know if you get the right thing, because six sol will quote the right thing. Then they don't take your first check, they don't take your second check. They take final payment when you're done, and satisfied when they're done and you're satisfied. So that's just one example. But any kind doing a basement, doing anything, why put money down. If you put money down, now, pay for materials when they're delivered, pay for plans when they're done, pay as you go. Don't pay money up front for nothing. How simple is that to remember? Don't pay money upfront for nothing? Mark how many problems would be avoided if we did that? How many problems? Almost all of them? Yeah, we have no show. Maybe maybe we wouldn't have a show. My god, it gets to be so tiresome to say that over and over and over. It just really it just really sucks. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five is our number. We have another hour to go and we promised to kick butt for you, So please give us a call and we have a lot to talk about, including a review of the Sleeze Brigade, the newest members, and any kind of problem you have. Three oh three seven one three talk or call three oh three Martino and that'll get you in line for any show you want. We'll call you back. You don't even have to stay on hold. Three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six remember more to come go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped news need advish you don't have run anxious as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come man, This is.
Speaker 2: The Troubleshooter show now, Tom Martino, Hello, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. What is happening in your life? I know by the way we're gonna go to David has an amazing moves a problem. You know, we used to have amazing moves on a referral list. We used to have other movers on a referral list. And there are some bad better than others. Amazing moves not that bad, American moves not that bad. The best mover, to be honest with you, in the city, whether or two of them, one of them was sold. They're no great. They're not great anymore. That was Grebel. The family got rid of it. They're not terrible, but they're not great. The best and always has been Johnson Moving in Storage, and they were on a referral list when I first got a checked so many years ago.
Speaker 8: And Tom for in town moves move Masters are the best. I just had another just.
Speaker 2: Hold on on, Seck told you, Doc, I just don't want to interrupt this one. Thought. Johnson Moving Storage was on early. They did a great job, and they don't need a referral list. And bottom line. I mean they have more business. They know what to do with Johnson moving in storage. There's a reason for that. Then we have amazing moves that came on and off, and we had American moving on and off. We have some others in between. And it's a very simple proposition. They don't measure up. I don't know how to put this. They just don't measure up. And this recommendation from I just want to make this very clear. This recommendation coming from Deputy Doc is just his recommendation. I have no idea. I'm not saying they're bad. I'm not saying they're good. I'm just saying you just don't don't go by that right now. I mean, don't don't come to me and complain if for some reason they're not. I want to get a great mover on. I'm not doubting Deputy Doc's opinion. I'm just saying that they haven't been vetted, they're not on the refer list. Every time we get a mover on there, we're sorry about it. So, Doc, who were you going to recommend I was going to say move masters for in you know, in state moves, for local moves.
Speaker 8: They're not. They won't move you from How do you know them? I was one of the first customers back in nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 2: So way a minute. You've been dealing with them that long.
Speaker 8: I have known them since nineteen eighty three. They have moved me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Then get him on the referral list. Bro get him on there. Let's get him a special deal. Come on, or they don't need it, right, they don't need it. But they are the best.
Speaker 8: I have never had a complaint from anybody that I've referred, including family and friends. I'll see if they want to be on the referral list, but in the meantime, they are absolutely terrific.
Speaker 2: And by the way, we're getting this appliance repair place on that I told you about this Russian guy that came to my house or Ukrainian. I'm sorry I should I shouldn't say that, because they could be one or the other. But he's just such a good guy and he came to my house on a Sunday, could have sold me a compressor and didn't made a repair for like sixty nine bucks. I'm serious, and he's coming on the referral list. Daphne just told me about him and God, is he good. I have given him so many kudos over the years, and finally we got them on. It's h app Apex Tech Appliance Repair Apex and what's his name? His name is Roman, Roman at Apex. So anyway, David, what about amazing moves? What's going on with that?
Speaker 10: A loyal listener, thank you. I'm gonna call by saying back in the nineties, we used to have radios in the shop and you were the Trump of the nineties. Everybody who would hear your voice was like, are you listening to Martino? I'm like, yeah, he helps us out.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, but we were, we were a powerhouse. Now let me say we're I don't mean to say you still I haven't, no, no, no, But what I mean by this is local radio and local TV are nothing like they used to be. Nothing, And we just have to say that. That's why we're on the internet, that's why we're on podcasts, that's why we're trying to expand. But really, local media, and I think it's a good thing, is nothing like it used to be. You know, when I would walk around, I was on there were three channels, you know, and if you're on one of them. You were something. Now there are what hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of channels, and hundreds of podcasts and hundreds of YouTube videos, and hundreds of social posts and hundreds of thousands and thousands and millions. I mean, think about Instagram and TikTok and Twitter. Everyone's a star. Everyone is a star. Social media is the best thing and the worst thing that ever happened. Anyway, keep going, sir, I'm sorry, No, you're fine.
Speaker 10: I was just if you could just update your referral list because I heard a couple of weeks ago when Mark was on and he said you didn't have any recommendations for moves, and then I contacted Amazing Moves and they're still doing well with me. But it's just when I went on the website, there's nothing about moving and storage. That's what I had to go through. But they're they're doing good. But I just wondered, why, if you can just update us, why you let them go or why they're not there?
Speaker 2: It was mutual. Listen, I'm not gonna blame them. They're not sleezy, they're not bad neither as American. But let's just put it this way. We have to the whole category got too many complaints. We have to figure out a way to get people that don't see Here's what we do. It's not that we don't want complaints, but we don't want to piss people off. I mean, when we have somebody on the referral list, unlike Angie's or any other list in the world, I don't care who it is. I don't give a damn who it is, Logan whatever. Everybody has a list. Now, everybody's got a list. I don't mind that. Let you know, have the lists. Who cares? But I'll tell you for absolutely positively sure. We're the only ones, the only ones that'll eat our own and we're the only ones that'll eat the others. We'll go after people who do wrong things. Okay, that's what we do. We go after our own advertisers if they're not measuring up, because because credibility is number one here, number one, or we wouldn't last. There's no way I could be on forty five years shouting hell down on people and praising others if I was lying and cheating. You can't survive that long. You just can't. Okay. But here's the problem. We can't have that many complaints, even if someone I'm telling you, I had a guy one time that would fix every complaint, but we had too many of them. And I said, listen, I said, listen, I don't know what you're doing, but you're pissing people off even though you're solving the problems. And I can't have people saying, oh, yeah, I use so and so and they sucked. I had to call Tom Martinez back. And if I get that all the time and people start talking about the referral list, it's a bad thing right now when people talk about the referral list, really, I mean, except for a few crankpots here and there and a few bad legitimately bad experiences now and then, most of the time, it's a goal list. I mean, we have cherished these people, and we treat them well, and we get promote the hell out of them, and they come on as our experts.
Speaker 10: I am.
Speaker 2: It's the premier list. It's nothing like next door or nothing like Facebook marketplace. For God's sakes, it has my name attached to it for forty years. I believe in it. Well, actually, I've been on the air that long that the list hasn't the list. I think came about ninety three or ninety four, but I was the first one ever. And and the point is, I can't have movers until I figure out a mover that'll do it the way we want it to be done.
Speaker 11: Okay, well, I don't know what else to tell you.
Speaker 2: Amazing Moves, isn't it. I just want to say something. And this is not a slight against them as a bead. They're not bad people. They're not, but Marshall's not. That company's nothing like they used to be. I did a story they were on my Martino TV show on Fox three one when I had it along with on the radio as a sponsor. They they were like Superman the way they did They all had the same uniform. They they they had assembly lines like like guys lined up. The way they did moves, they looked like robots. They were so good. And then it deteriorated. I'm not saying they went to hell. They didn't. They're far better than the average. And then we had, you know, Gabriel over at so Marshall's at American at Amazing and Gabriel was over at American and again they hold a standard for a certain amount of time. Maybe it's not. Maybe it's beyond them. It's hard to get labor, it's hard to train people, it's hard to keep people. But I want to know why, why?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: In my how many years here, forty five years? Why not one? I swear to God, not one, not one complaint about Johnson Moving and Storage. I know Mark, Mark used to be a sponsor. Mark used to be on the referralge. He's a right now we have more business, we know what to do with it. Wasn't that we don't like each other. I swear to God, the guy is I should just put them up there just for the hell of it, you know what, until I get someone, I should just put him up there Gratus because he does so much good for people. Now one complaint? How can anyone be in the moving business and not get one? And I mean that, whether they were on the list or not, not one complaint in all of these years.
Speaker 1: Not one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I even hired them one time to move an aircraft for me. Did you know that they do everything so David? So you called to wonder why I don't have movers on the list. Yeah, I know, I know. I'm ashamed. There are certain categories like that certain categories, and then we have another problem. Let me tell you another problem. I'm being very very transparent here, and let's take roofing. I love roofers when they do a great job, and our roofers do a great job. But I'm gonna tell you I get a lot of them pissed off when I talk about excel not a penny down, because some of them take money down. They do. Now, am I saying they're sleezy because they know? Because those guys they're gonna take money down, but they're they're gonna come through at least, thank god they have. So far, we've never had a roofer that we've had that we've approved, that took money and and quit. Okay, we've never had that. In fact, in all of our years, we've only had maybe two contractors who've taken money and disappeared, or they didn't disappear, they sleezed out, or they they went out of business. It it's but right now, I think you bring up a good point. We need to go above and beyond the other list, and we need to find good people even in difficult categories. I totally agree with you. Are you looking for a mover now?
Speaker 10: No, sir, I just reached out to them because I didn't see them on your list, and they they were fine with me, So everything's good. But no, I just saw that there was nothing on the list.
Speaker 2: You know what, I will say this, You may want to UH. You may want to go to UH if you ever do. Though, the one that I didn't know, Deputy doc knew these people for that long? Who did you say they were, Deputy? I didn't write move masters, Move masters man. What a great idea. Anyway, thank you for calling. And again we don't have we don't have anybody now, but we're going to work on it. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel rooping. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Artino, you're a troubleshooter. Three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Let's go back to the phones. Oh we don't have phones right now. Okay, good, so give us a call if you want to get through. There are a few things I want to talk about, as I said before, some of the things we need to be aware of. And I've narrowed him down. You know, obviously we talked about money down being a trigger for consumer problems. So I went back over my problems for the last five years. Now I can go back further, but trends changed so drastically, and the last five years definitely has been money up front. Now, if you wanted to take a stab or a guess, any of you listening YouTube morons are dragging Kachina. Well, Kachina doesn't listen to the show. She's drinking mimosas. But other than that, I'm just joking. By the way, don't kid man And he's currently not listening on the phone. Okay, so is Doc?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, so everyone, someone take a stab. What would be the number two if money down is one? Of the number one triggers for consumer complaints over the last five years, what do you think number two is? What do you think? Now, I'm not going to tell you right this man, I want YouTube morons. Come on, you've been listening long enough. Give me an idea. What do you think? What do you think absolutely the number two trigger over the last five years for consumer complaints one is one is no, no, no, no. One is money down. That is absolutely responsible for I mean, ninety nine percent of wall roofing complaints, nine to nine percent of construction complains. Blah blah blah blah blah. Okay, what about I mean, that's where it starts. Let's put it that way. Not everyone who puts money down has the problem, but inevitably ninety nine percent who do have put money down. I'd go with number two and probably warranties that's up there, but not number two. That's very, very good dragon. That is one of them that really has come up over the years people depending on warranties and not chep wuarranty.
Speaker 1: No, not really. That's up that.
Speaker 2: You're hitting, by the way, the top five, But you didn't hit the number two number two. Okay, what are I guys saying not returning calls, pull our customer contact. Let's see what else. Door knockers can't leave voicemails anymore. Oh oh oh, by the way, oh god, that phone support is is in the top five. Phone support is definitely in top five. Plus Dragon named the other one in the top five. Warranties. So warranties and phone calls. Okay, I'm going to tell you right now the number two, the number two problem you have. First of all, the money, the money upfront, will do it, do it every time. And the number new two complaint has to do with verbal promises. Everyone, have you heard it? Come on, complaint triggers.
Speaker 7: Have you heard it?
Speaker 2: How many times have you heard? He said? But they told me, I assure them they said, so on complete triggers. If you want to be in the know and you want to be smart, you can tell people I've heard this and you heard it from me, and I'm not kidding. Okay. The number one is money up front, Okay, that's number one. Number two is is the the promise, the verbal promises. Okay, number three, guess what you had it? So warranties or misrepresented warranties, but warranties in general warranties. And then number four is number four. Oh no, no, sorry, number three. Number three was phone support, lack of phone support or bad phone support because people want to talk to people. Have you noticed how more and more people are getting away from phone support, So money up front, verbal promises, phone support, warranties. What do you think? The fifth one is what do you think somebody said they've given verbal promises to girlfriends who said, okay, that's that's on my stream here. No, seriously, the fifth I'm not going to tell you till after this. The fifth trigger. I want you all to think, what's the fifth This is over the last five years now, so it's recent stuff right out of state. You guys. Oh, you guys are all gonna know it exchanges. No, that's good. That's good, Kelly, that's in the top ten. That's not in the top five. Very good. Okay, So more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show, and we're going to talk about just that.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Can you can you tell me what it is? Right after this with a sure thing Denver's Best Rufer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino. Get your calls in before the end of the hour. John Jones, I know him. He's from I love this guy, John Jones Senior and John Jones Junior. Integer Insurance. By the way, open enrollments coming up soon. But he wanted to make a comment. Go ahead, John on somebody you hired from the referral front, Well, he's new on the referral list, but you had ask me for a private recommendation, didn't you very much? So?
Speaker 12: And I couldn't speak more. Highway of Roma. He actually came out to us on a Sunday also a at an hour looking at our washing machine. Basically told she I could fix it, but it's going to cost you more to do. They have to just going out and finding a new machine. Yeah, couldn't meet a Naser guy, I know. And he didn't charge us a single penny even though.
Speaker 2: That's amazing on a Sunday. That's amazing.
Speaker 12: And here's the thing to anybody.
Speaker 2: Now, when you asked me for a recommendation, of course, he wasn't on the referral lists. He's not on technically right this minute, but he's he's going to be on. We We we've signed him up. He We need appliance repair so badly. We need such good people. Now, John, did you tell him that I referred you very much? So? Yeah? Did he tell you that? So? I mean informally, I don't know if you told you, But I've been I've been keeping him busy. I have so many people calling him.
Speaker 12: Now are they getn't ask for a better repair man? He is just absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 2: So he came out on a Sunday and we have this. I think it's a Viking refrigerator with you know, one of those big tide and so this Viking, I think the compressor's like six grand John, Okay, so we thought it was a compressor. I was prepared to buy a compressor. And do you know what he said. This is on a Sunday. He comes out and says, it's just a relay and it's not kicking on the compressor. Because I could tell the compressor wasn't coming on. I was messing with it. But I never thought of a stuck relay. He he did like a sixty five dollars repair. I was prepared to buy a compressor for this damn thing. And it is amazing. I mean, he could have totally ripped people off if you want, and then there was no up charge for being a Sunday. We tipped him. Man, we love him and so I bet you wrote his name down. You're gonna call him in the future, aren't you?
Speaker 11: Very much?
Speaker 12: So now he's a fantastic individual.
Speaker 2: Now, since you're on, I want to I want to ask you a couple of questions. I had a very serious inquiry yesterday on email. Here it is somebody got to notice. This is an odd situation. A husband and wife. They're on a small home together, just a modest little home, no savings or anything. Their social security was low enough they got Medicaid to supplement I guess does that sound okay? The wife had some emergency care and some other care and some hospice care. She died. Now, she wasn't on Medicaid for a long time, but she was on good enough time with you know how expensive things get, but she was on both Medicare and Medicaid. Well, medicare paid as they should. Medicaid probably did too. Now the husband the widower gets a message saying, we have been tasked with pursuing collection for Medicaid services. Have you ever heard of that happening from the estate of such and such woman? Can they go after the day?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: I thought, well, wait a minute, he's still alive. Can they take half of what he has? I mean, John, have you heard of this happening? You're the expert.
Speaker 12: I have heard because Medicaid can come back, I mean based on her expenses. In a particular email that you have, If you have his phone number, if you could send it over to us so that we can take a look at it. But yes, I've heard it happening because technically Medicaid can collect.
Speaker 2: But do they collect on Let me ask you this, do they collect on his half of the house or all of it? Or I mean if the house reverts to him automatically, what happens. Do you know.
Speaker 12: I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 7: Tom.
Speaker 2: I'd need to do some research and let you know, because I would hate to think that older people who need medicaid end up getting socked in the teeth.
Speaker 12: I agree, but if I could do some research on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Happy to get back.
Speaker 11: In touch with you.
Speaker 2: So what should I do? Send you that letter he got?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Could you?
Speaker 12: Could you please send me that letter?
Speaker 10: I can.
Speaker 2: It's it's a photo of the letter he sent. But I think it's good enough that you can read it.
Speaker 12: That'd be great if you ume it.
Speaker 2: Well read but your your wife can read it. I'm sorry. So, so that is kind of an inside joke. John. How long is John? How long have you not had eyesight?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 12: Twenty seven years now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so since the accident, do you still remember vivid you? Do you still dream in vivid colors? I'm just curious?
Speaker 12: Oh very much, sir.
Speaker 2: Wow. Okay, So John, I'm going to send that over to you. I really appreciate it to say.
Speaker 12: He back in touch with you, Tom.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, We'll see you say okay three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So let's try to get on ka Gina. I know it's late in the show, but see if Dan mackenzie's round, just for the hell of it, I want to ask him about that too. I'm sure he might come up against that when people die. So he's the only one I can think of right now. Maybe we can ask him if he's available, if not, Kielan Park and find out basically if in fact that can happen. Okay, Now I have some texts here, This one timeline never mind, that's the one about Okay, my water bill did not start coming to my apartment till two months after I moved in, and it said So here's what he's saying, that the water bill lagged. So if this woman moved out of that apartment is wondering why she was being charged a big amount she was charged. She told her she they would charge her one hundred dollars extra for holding over a month after the lease. But it turned out to be more than one hundred dollars over. Turned out to be three hundred dollars over. And this guy is saying it could possibly be a water bill. I mean, I don't know. Another one was talking about equipment that employers supply. You they are allowed to offset any wages when you quit or leave with anything you've kept. There's a suggestion here, a good one. If you leave, make sure that you get a receipt when you return things, or return before you leave. That's a good point because they could always say you kept stuff. I'm Tom Martine and we have more. Oh wait, wait, Dan McKenzie, let me let me if he's right there, I want to talk to him. I'll just be late. I'm sorry, Dan, Are you there? Dan McKenzie in a state planning attorney. I talk about all the time, McKenzie law.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 2: So husband and wife, the wife on Medicaid, not the husband. Oddly enough, the wife received Medicaid and Medicare. She was in her eighties and went to hospice care. That was what Medicaid was for, for the end of life stuff. And after she died, the house went to him. And they have no money and the house. I don't know how much equity, but I wanted to ask a few things. They get a letter from Medicaid or from somebody you know, in that agency somewhere saying we're going to we've been tasked with investigating a claim against the estate. So what I want to know is if the house didn't go through an estate or probate, can they make a claim for her half or for the whole house or how would that work?
Speaker 20: They could potentially put a lien on the house. I mean, the husband should be able to stay there as long as he wants to or needs to, so it should not affect during his lifetime. But there is a possibility they could put a lean on the house to be collected after he passes away, or.
Speaker 2: If he sells it and wants to move to Florida. Can they lean then?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, yes, Now I've never heard of Medicaid doing this. Is that pretty common?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: It comes up? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Now is that both for long term care and for medical care? Now this is really long term care, but she wasn't in long term care? Well, was hospice considered long term care? It was hospice at the house?
Speaker 20: Oh okay, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean that's weird. I know what you're saying. For nursing homes and stuff, if you have a big, expensive house, they should be able to be reimbursed. But this was for medical care and stuff.
Speaker 20: Yeah, the medical care component is only based on income not assets.
Speaker 2: So okay, what about hospice. Do you know how hospice is classified?
Speaker 20: It depends, I think, on how long she received it.
Speaker 10: I mean, I think.
Speaker 20: Medicare covers up to sixty days, I want to say, and then things longer than that are considered long term care.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, And then so the other question is on this, on this, uh this lean, is there a homestead exemption? Would that take precedent if this guy doesn't have enough equity to meet his homestead exemption? What is a homestead exemption?
Speaker 20: The homestead exemption, I mean, if you if you have to declare bankruptcy, is how much money do you get to keep in your home?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Doesn't that apply to leans?
Speaker 20: I do, yes, but if yeah, and that's been raised significantly in Colorado in the last few years.
Speaker 10: So but I don't I.
Speaker 20: Don't think that would come into play. Really really no, I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I thought that homestead exemption is a part of equity that can't be touched by creditors.
Speaker 20: Well yeah, yeah again yeah, so yeah, yes, Like I said, if the nuclear bomb of course against creditors is a bankruptcy situation, and then the question is what happens if he declared bankruptcy. How much you you're allowed to keep? And right now, if I'm a little out of date on how much homack do you get to keep? But I want to say it's close to two hundred thousand bucks exactly.
Speaker 2: And then there's a matter of cost to sell, which discourages creditors. So it's two hundred thousand per so he would have the whole homestead to himself. And as you get older, does he get higher?
Speaker 20: I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you, Dan McKenzie. That's co Plans dot co eight three three co Plans. Hey, Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five, Welcome to the show. Well, I looked at something that this guy sent on that a factory a factory oh wait, appliance factory outletter, factory upline, whatever the hell the name is. AFO is an appliants factory outlet, and it is misleading. I mean, he did send us something that I think shows he's been misled. Now, even though they're their thing says, all of their disclaimers say that they are as is, and they have their own warranty right, and you you know, they make it very clear you have your own warranty. Blah blah blah. I mean, that disclaimer is pretty damn clear. But on this receipt he's got, it says if I do not purchase protection plus extended warranty to protect my appliance, purchase beyond the manufactorer warranty, I'm responsible for all costs and repairs and replacement of my clients. That would lead me to believe you do have a manufacturer's warranty. I mean to me, that just doesn't seem right, and it says it. So Mark said, probably they had. They might have another kind of disclaimer, but this one would be in conflict with that. That's the part I don't understand. I fully understand them having their own buying overstock, not having a factory warranty. There are a lot of places, like on the internet where you can buy camcorders and stuff that are not covered by normal warranties, and then what happens is you are basically responsible for everything, but you get that up front, that's a disclaimer. They're called gray markets. Well, we're out of time, so as we progress. I'm going to get better at this YouTube. I promise that I want to remind you to call three oh three Martino three three six two seven eight four six six very very important to get help. And then you can just hang out there and leave your name in number