Speaker 1: Turn smatch we have today you bet builders hanging by a thread here. Relax, relax, they still need one more goal. Well if it loses, nov bets got your Cover. Nov bet is the home of the bet builder this World Cup. From goal scorers to cards, get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bash. If your bet builder loses on the biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy.
Speaker 2: Euros in pre bets. No be bett or power to You Teason Seas apply eighteen plus bet Responsibly, Gambling Care dot I em today.
Speaker 3: You bet builders hanging by a thread here.
Speaker 1: Relax, relax, they still need one more goal. Well if it loses, nov bets got your cover. Nov bet is the home of the bet builder.
Speaker 2: This World Cup, from goal scorers to cards, get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bash.
Speaker 3: If your bet builder loses on.
Speaker 2: The biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy.
Speaker 3: Euros in pre bets.
Speaker 2: No be beat or power to you Season Seas apply eighteen plus bet responsibly Gambling Care Do I.
Speaker 4: The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network attention, dittoheads, attention bo scouts.
Speaker 3: Those by the student in most nerdly, it's time for the soul of excellence. He's a radio host here.
Speaker 5: In New York.
Speaker 4: The rush hour is on the air. Now here's James Golden.
Speaker 6: House of Representatives. Sir, I am deeply sorry to my family's staff and constituents for mistakes and judgment I've made in my past. I will fight the serious false allegations made against me. However, I must take responsibility and ownership for the mistakes I did make. I am aware of efforts to bring an immediate expulsion vote against me and other members, expelling anyone in Congress without due process within days of an allegation being made as well. But it's also wrong for my constituents to have to be distracted from my duties. Therefore, I plan to resign my seat in Congress, effective at two pm Eastern Time on April fourteenth, twenty twenty six. I will work with my staff in the coming days to ensure they are able and my absence to serve the needs of the good people of the fourteenth Congressional District. Signed, sincerely, Eric Swalwell under House.
Speaker 7: Yes, my friends, it's his official Eric is gone. Well say that it looks like Eric screw depuchia on this one. Eric Swalwell, ladies and gentlemen, no longer a member of the House of Representative. His resignation today, and that's sad news for some. I mean, after all, the much Scaramucci was on with Anderson Cooper and he said that he's gonna play the human side, my heart goes out to him. So Scaramuci is one among probably others expressing sadness that Eric Swolwell, at least momentarily seems to be without a career in the world of politics. The way things are going, his life may be filled with new opportunities, perhaps leading a group behind walls, you know, those those group therapy sessions for Well. I mean, it's premature to suggest that I was thinking about that today. You know, Harvey Weinstein is asking for a new child or doing.
Speaker 3: New stuff with that.
Speaker 7: You have Bill Cosby out there still in this thing with wy thing with Swalwell. Kind of remember the way Bill Bill Cosby started. One woman made an accusation. People were like, then another one, and then another one, and then another one, and then another one, another another another another another, another, another one, and pretty soon there was a whole magazine covers worth of women saying that Bill Cosby did things. So I wonder if this is what's gonna happen to, oh, Eric, because every day they're there are more people stepping forward. Headline in the SF Gate today, that's another one of these. San Francisco Bay Area website, San Francisco Chronicle, which which broke the story with mister Swalwell, is deeply involved with us of Gate and the headline. I think this is right out of Princess Diana's analysis. Swalwell fallout could finally launch standout Bay Area democrat in governor's race. The race to succeed Gavin Newsom is as wide open as Eric's Walwells fly no as as ever where the sudden nose of Representative erics wal Wall's withdrawal. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, he pulled out before the end, not only from the packed California governor's race, but also from Congress admit alarming allegations of sexual assault in this conduct. The competition to succeed Gavin Newsom is as wide open as ever. San Francisco Chronicle broke the news that a woman accused Walwell. It goes on and on about that, and then they talked to a long time poster who said, we've ventured yet another period of uncertainty in the governor's race. Race got off to a slow start when Kamala kept Dylan Dally in before she said she wasn't gonna run.
Speaker 3: I'm just summarizing what's the article largely.
Speaker 7: But then they're going to say that there are other contenders in the race, including a San Jose mayor by the name of Matt Mahon who's backed by Silicon Valid people, and what they're suggesting is she's gonna put some significant money in boosting up the profile. Now Swalwell's people's you know, he's still on the ballot. It is too late for him to be taking off the ballot. So Swalwells people are supposed to supposedly going to be discussed among some of the other candidates like Kate Porter and this Tom Steyer billionaire guy. But with Swarwell gone, as a chance for somebody that has some high favorabilities and some money to step in and take advantage of all of this, which is one of the things because there are still two Republicans sitting on top of the California governor's race, and that cannot be accepted in California politics.
Speaker 3: This is a very no pun intended.
Speaker 7: Fluid situation, sticky, some might call it, and it gets worse. Let's check in with one of Swallwell's dea dea friends. Send it to Ruben Galego of Arizona. Now, let's first go back ten days ago. You might remember this is how quickly this is unfolded, folks. You might remember a Mia ten days ago, we were all talking about, well some of us fang Fang because there were rumors in the press that the fang Fang files were going to be released, and Eric was having a fit about them. Didn't have a lawyers talking about sueing Old Cash Ptail and the FBI. We got to keep it all secret. We don't want the fang Fang files exposed selectioneering. That would be bad business. Ruben Glego, Democrat senator from Arizona, was on MS. Now that's cut seventeen, and remember this, this is good old Ruben. Ten days ago.
Speaker 8: Well, a number of congress a friend of mine who's now the front runner for a governor in California. The fact that you know from reports we're hearing is that you know, he's trying to politicize a report that came out years ago that actually clarified and exonerated Eric Swallow, and now they wanted to change that to benefit just you know, the president's narrative to try to stop Eric Swall from being governor. Why because he knows Number one, Eric Swallow is going to win the governorship of California. Number two, Eric Swall is the hardest fighter against Donald Trump. And if Eric Swell is governor of California, he's going to have the bully pulpit to go after Donald Trump unlike any other governor in this country, and they're going to do anything. They're going to corrupt the DOJ They're going to corrupt investigations, they're going to force people, you know, to give up the careers just for his little petty vendetta. And because he doesn't want someone like Donald like Donald Trump does want someone like Eric Swallow to be able to fight him every day to stop all the corruption that he's causing this country.
Speaker 7: That was a ten days ago. Now cut eighteen, Let's check in with Senator Ruben Galego today and here he is, Ruben.
Speaker 3: Aka one for being here. You're welcome.
Speaker 9: I called this toa because there's just a lot of rumors going around about me, about my family, and you know, unfortunately, this is not the first time I did deal with the SABS in twenty twenty four, at twenty twenty three, when they ran millions and millions of dollars of smears against me, light about me, lied about my family, and sustained damn people again Harry Lake, Chris Lasovida, a bunch of political operatives they couldn't do in twenty twenty four, trying to do again in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: I want to make a couple of things very clear.
Speaker 9: Number One, Eric's Wall lied to all of us what he lies to the most powerful people in this country, and they trusted him. They trusted him with some the most sensitive They not govern that whether it was a Judiciary committee, Intel committee, impeaching Donald Trump, and that Cloud in my judgment, my friendship with him are families friendship together with him Cloud in my judgment, and I was wrong. I deeply, deeply regret that the women that came forward are courageous and they still deserve justice. But to be clear again, I also had no knowledge of predatory behavior, sexual assault, or harassment. And unfortunately, right now, the same people that are attacking in twenty twenty four are using this horrible situation, this horrible situation that's been thrown upon these women, thrown upon eric'swett was family and using this as an excuse to put it can attack me, lie about me, and lie about my family, and I will not take that lightly. So with that, I'll gladly take any questions because we're here and I'm not going to let the same same.
Speaker 7: Create m Sorry, he's poor guy. People asking him questions. No, he doesn't like it, all right, let's get along with the questions. Then that it cut nineteen. Here you go, Let's start off with the questions. Then let's have some questions for Senata.
Speaker 9: You know, I don't know what's going on with his family, but it's definitely a horrible situation for family. They're using that as a cover to attack me right now because they can't do it. They couldn't take back twenty twenty four because they ran a horrible race. But now this is what they want to do. They just want to hurt me as much as him, Presidents or anything else say that, I don't care. We're gonna wait, that's not even a thing right now. The most important thing is I want to protect my family. I want to protect my family's reputation. And this is why we're talking about right now.
Speaker 10: You've got on trips, on vacations, officially, unofficially, you've gone out, presumably with the congressman.
Speaker 9: You've never even witnessed him.
Speaker 3: I don't know, engaging in an affair.
Speaker 9: No, no.
Speaker 3: Some of the photos online, I know you address one, but there is another.
Speaker 6: One that she's both of you without shirts. I mean, how do you address some of those compromising photos?
Speaker 3: We were on a beach and the desert and some camels, and there's a beach and a camel for a beach ya, how do you address.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, how do you address some of those compromising photos? The guy doesn't have these in a photo without his shirt. The reporters are given these guys the republic can treatment. I'm telling you, so we'll just need to watch. How do you address the compromising photos? You and Eric both don't have shirts on. It's compromising. We're on a beach, you're on a camel. I'm sorry. Cut twenty more questions.
Speaker 9: The beginning, you said, when you first heard these rumors a few weeks ago, Oh, that's when you call them.
Speaker 11: Then you said, you've heard these rumors for years, So which one is a senator?
Speaker 8: So I heard rumors of him being flirty and.
Speaker 5: That wasn't an issue enough for you to not trust him to watch your kids.
Speaker 3: Or be close with him, because you know you hear this.
Speaker 9: And then when you're close to somebody and you you know, you know his wife, you see this, you see that relationship, you know that like it maybe just isn't.
Speaker 3: True when you first heard these rumors. Should you have.
Speaker 12: Acted when you first heard these rumors several years.
Speaker 3: Of the rumors are heard were that he was just a flirty social bide. That's it, okay?
Speaker 7: Well, cut twenty two and the hm, I can't stand.
Speaker 3: Like friends closer. Now this is again.
Speaker 9: I let this man into my family, trusted this man, and through some of the hardest things I've had to deal with, I trusted him with my family. Well, and it hurts, and it hurts the fact that he hurt a lot of people, and it pisses me off that now we all have to deal with all of his bs, his family, the poor victims that are still going to have to seek justice. And of course this is just this is a horrible situation.
Speaker 7: Yes, my friends, it's a horrible situation under the bus. Eric must go. I trusted him with my family. Exactly What did he trust him with his family to do? I'm not sure what that means exactly. And he was my friend. I trusted him. He is under the bus. Senator ruber Gel disavows his friend.
Speaker 3: Eric Swalwell.
Speaker 7: James Golden Snurly the Tuesday edition of both Snurly's Rush Hour fastest hour in American media, Don't Go Away.
Speaker 4: Rush This is the Rush Hour with James Golden. The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative on.
Speaker 13: The Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 4: James Golden known popularly as both Snly This is the Rush Hour with James Golden Rush.
Speaker 7: Yes, ladies and gentlemen, let us hear from a lady that the world has been introduced today. Her name is Elena Drew's.
Speaker 10: He raped me and he choked me. And while he was choking me, I lost consciousness and I thought I died. I did not consent to any sexual activity. Although I did not undergo a rape kit at the time, I disclosed the assault to the people closest to me. I also recorded these events in my handwritten calendar the assault and It's impact or later documented during my therapy sessions at a sexual assault center in Kinnecticut. It had a profound impact on my mental health. I self medicated in an unhealthy way. I did not want to live anymore. I cried all the time for years. At the time, I was in a dating relationship with a boyfriend I was fully committed to. I have never cheated in my life, and I would never have engaged in a consensual sexual encounter with Eric Spowwell.
Speaker 7: Wow, that is Lena Drew's coming in with her account. We'll be back, folks.
Speaker 4: The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 14: James Golden known popularly as most Nerdly.
Speaker 3: This is The Rush Hour with James Golden.
Speaker 12: Is anybody else just so sick and disappointed in Eric Swallwell or is it just me.
Speaker 1: To me?
Speaker 12: He was supposed to be one of the good guys. That's why it's just so disappointing.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, she's disappointed.
Speaker 7: James Goldman slurdly by the way, I like that cut, Carlos What what what?
Speaker 3: What? What? What? What Bieber? Cut? Was that that you just played?
Speaker 12: What was?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 7: Come on, now, you act like I'm supposed to know his whole catalog? T J just trying, Sorry, idiot, Like you don't know that Justin Ber. Everybody knows Justin Bieber's songs. I missed the whole Tjer. I missed the whole Justin Bieber thing. I knew his name, but for the first year I just kept saying, what is a Bieber? So I didn't quite get it. I'm sorry, Yeah, but I like that cut. We're all But isn't he connected with one of these guys that that's in the pen for sexual problems?
Speaker 3: Like who is his mentor? Diddy? Was his? Was his mentor? Sure? Usher? Oh wait?
Speaker 7: And who's Usher's mentor? Diddy Diddy? So did we begat Usher and Usher begat Bieber? Is that how it works?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 7: There is Allegedly there was a fight between Bieber and Nasher during the oscars because of that, because Usher recruited Bieber for d D in a sense allegedly.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 7: Wait a minute, Oh, never mind, we have business to do. We're gonna have to pick this discussion up because I want to know the backstories.
Speaker 15: Do it.
Speaker 7: You guys can teach me, all right. So you heard the woman poor Alana drus with swol Wol's story, which is a horrific story. And uh, it is just looking like this thing could go. But I wanted before we get out of here, Princess Diana, I know you're out there to me, Princess Diana. This confirms your theory like nothing else has confirmed your theory. I have one cut which confirms that Princess Diana's theory about all of this and how this came to be is one hundred percent dead on, accurate and right cut eight. It is a CNN Dana Bash report.
Speaker 16: In the case of Eric Swalwell, the former speaker and Feller fellow California, Nancy Pelosi, I am told, picked up the phone and called Swallwell on Friday night and said you got to drop out of the governor's race, because remember he was a leading candidate, and also made clear that he should resign from Congress. She was at GW with our old friend and colleague, Frank Sesno yesterday and he asked about the situation.
Speaker 10: If you have a challenge that you have to address, it's best addressed not as a.
Speaker 9: Candidate for governor and not as a member of company.
Speaker 8: Some of some Republicans and others are saying that Democrats turned kind of a blind eye, that they knew.
Speaker 3: What he was of.
Speaker 17: Now that is absolutely positive.
Speaker 7: That confirms it. This was a political operation from the very beginning. And that doesn't say that these things didn't happen. But the Democrats have known who he is, and you cannot tell me that they did not know that this was going on, because rumors have been swirling about him for years. Pelosi personally picked up the phone to swaba, ok, Palell get out and not only are you getting out of the governor's race, you're getting out of the House too. It came from the boss, Pelosi. Bechames, Bechames hawking. Jeffries is the bow came Jeffries is not the boss of the Democrat House Caucus. Nancy Pelosi still is. Jeffries is just a figurehead, a DEI figurehead in place to play Kate the coalitions. Everybody knows well, most people know that Nancy still runs the house. Come on, okay, let's move on to some other things, because other things are out there. I want to touch briefly on this because this is not going to receive a hell of a lot of attention, even.
Speaker 3: Though it should.
Speaker 7: Cut fourteen Acting Attorney General Todd blanche On at.
Speaker 14: Folks, welcome back to the Department of Justice, releasing a bombshell report on the weaponization of government. It claims the Biden Justice Department, led by former Attorney General Mary Garland, weaponized the law to target pro life defendants and tried to give them longer prison sentences. And that includes the case of pro life activist Mark Howk, the father of seven, was charged with obstructing access to an abortion clinic. A swat team of more than a dozen people rated his home, arresting him in front of his children. He faced up to eleven years in prison. A jury later acquitted him. You remember we covered this story and here he is on America's newsroom after that.
Speaker 15: Look, I'm a pro lifer, and I've been a pro lifer. I've been an activist for twenty plus years, and.
Speaker 3: You know, we all know what happening.
Speaker 15: But the federal government did come after me with the full force of the law and rated my home on September twenty third as response to that. And you know, here we are four months after that raid, vindicated hopefully with no issue with appeal.
Speaker 14: Me remember that well, well, Acting Attorney General Todd Blant is with us here. Thank you so much for being here. I want to put a couple of statistics here, averaged twenty six point eight months for pro life defendants versus twelve point three months for pro abortion offenders. And this from a Biden official. Former Biden official saying, the Civil Rights Division brought law enforcement leaders, crisis pregnancies and are represented as faith leaders, and reproductive health care staff together to address the real violence, threats of violence and obstruction that too many people face in our country when it comes to reproductive healthcare. We enforce the law even handedly and put public safety at the center of this work. I imagine you disagree with that.
Speaker 5: I do, and I disagree not because it's just my opinion. I disagree because of the work that we did over the past year at the Department understanding what happened that led to these completely inappropriate results, And prosecutors have a big say in sentencings in the federal system. The judgels may impose a sentence. But what we saw as prosecutors arguing for really harsh sentences, inconsistent with what they should have been doing and inconsistent with what they were arguing when it was exactly the opposite. And we saw internal emails, internal correspondence which is now part of the report, where Department of Justice prosecutors are working hand in hand with NGOs and nonprofits to target and go after pro life, pro life individuals who were not breaking the law. Okay, and I'll tell you what. There's no emails. There's no emails in my inbox from NGOs telling me what to do. And it's disappointing.
Speaker 7: And I hope there are some criminal charges, not just a bunch of talk. These people, these NGOs have participated and the people that did this, this unfair meeting out of so called justice, should be held to account. Pro life is let's go after them, let's target them, let's throw them in jail, guilty or not guilty of anything. And by the way, do you notice that some things just get glossed over in these reports. They came and arrested this man in front of his family and his child. They separated him from his family, They detained him and took him away from his family in front of his children. That's all you hear the left scream about when Ice comes and does what they're supposed to do. Not one complaint from anybody on the left. Moving on, we have other things to cover. I like to visit The Abbey Show. Hal Lambert was a guest on The Abbey Show and listen to the way they tried to shut him down. Cut three when he talks about the Pope and Donald Trump, this controversy that has been brillying in the press since yesterday. Just listen it the way they try to shut him down and shut him up when he goes into certain factual information.
Speaker 18: Political okay, this is all about trying to hurt President Trump's Catholic vote during the midterms and Republicans during the midterms. If you look at what play out the dots here, David Axelrod goes some visits.
Speaker 3: Let me finish.
Speaker 18: According but let's let him finish the first. David Axelrod goes and visits Pope Leo. Last week they're talking about Obama going to visit pop Leo. Pope Leo's from Chicago. All of a sudden, now pop Leo is out attacking Trump and the policies of the United States and Israel in a way, well, in a much more forceful way. You have three cardinals come out today attacking the immigration policy. This is all about trying to get the Catholic vote against Trump. And let me add one more thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 19: There's there's no flaws well, including that none of the actual.
Speaker 3: Strategist for a bomb saying he's not political. Why is he?
Speaker 18: Meaning with the chief strategists for both Obama's campaigns and in the White House, the Pope would he have a possible reason to meet with a chi.
Speaker 3: Met with jd Vance.
Speaker 19: Pope Francis was extremely.
Speaker 3: Critical Jadvan and Vice President the United States.
Speaker 19: Hold on a second, Pope Francis was extremely critical of Trump. He was extremely critical of the immigration rhetoric from Trump and his allies.
Speaker 3: He still met. Let me have one.
Speaker 19: What's the conspiracy?
Speaker 18: Here's well, because here let me ask you this, why has Cope Leo been when when Iran killed thirty thousand plus of their own citizens. He didn't call out the Iranian regime at all. He said we need to stop violence. That was very milk toast. That wasn't calling out the Iranian regime. And yet he's calling out the United States. But Jesus was a peace maker.
Speaker 3: You Yeah, they did not like that at all, called it out. Now.
Speaker 7: Met Cook was on the BBC and this is cut too. She adds her opinion to this mix on this contra.
Speaker 3: My gosh, unbelievable.
Speaker 12: Oh folks, hey, thoughts the heck, not just on the image, but the fact that it was taken down.
Speaker 17: Look, I think that there's this moral outrage in the media today anytime the White House puts something up, even in justin and joke. And I find it ironic because the same mainstream media actually never protects Christians. They actually never stand up. Look at what happened in Minneapolis as Christians were praying on a Sunday. They had rioters come in, they were dragged out of the church as children were terrified, and most mainstream media didn't even want to cover it. So I don't play in this humor game because I think media tries to blow it out of proportion. But I do think President Trump has a point about the Pope. It is one thing to talk about the human cost of war. It's another thing to take your pope pad off and act like the president of the United States and talk about the military and intelligence that he has no business talking about. And there is a just war doctrine in Catholicism. I'm a new Catholic seven to eight years. That's new to me, and I've learned about the just war doctrine. When you see innocent lives being threatened, when you see America being threatened, President Trump did everything right, and for the Pope to come out and then wave his religious wand and start attacking the president on the world stage is just wrong.
Speaker 7: We've had the post, yeah, and so you look today in the in Washington Post, Trump's attacks on Pope Leo create fresh mid term headaches for GOP. Well, my response to that is if the gop lets that define it then find what should be under discussion is the Pope's attack on Donald Trump and on America and on America's right to defend itself from the number one state sponsor of terrorism. And look, I am not going to get into a whole personality thing with the Pope, whether he believed I have always.
Speaker 3: You know, it's so strange to me. I'm not a Catholic, but.
Speaker 7: I I've said many times I love going to Mass.
Speaker 3: When I go, I I.
Speaker 4: The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative.
Speaker 13: On the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 3: It's the Rush Hour with James Golden, the student in most nerdly. Now your's James Golden.
Speaker 7: Some of the stories I'm putting aside for tomorrow. Scott Besson says they are working on the order said banks collect citizenship information. They haven't forgot. It's in progress Maryland. The redistricting effort there squashed, gone, and there's more. Ilhan Omar trying again to squeeze millions out for what appears to be a fraudulent cause.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 7: In two thousand and nine, on this day, George Harrison was honored with a posthumous star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Sir Paul Carton Paul McCartney was there as well, remembering George Harrison. May God bless each and every one of you, your family's, your loved ones, loving gratitude, my friends for your being here with me and allowing me to be with you, God willing. We are back tomorrow for the Wednesday edition. Both neverli rush Hour, the fastest hour in American media, until they're my friends.
Speaker 3: I bid you adieu bye.
Speaker 11: Thanks for listening to Bo Stirdley's Rush Hour. You can hear Bo Snirdley's Rush Hour weekdays at four on seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 3: If you like the.
Speaker 11: Podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcasts platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 3: What the heck is going on here