Speaker 1: For thirty five years, Cindy Stumpo has been a female homebuilder with a passion for design, a mastery of detail, and a commitment to her crack. With daughter Samantha Stumpo by her side.
Speaker 2: I don't need my whole family on a date with me. That's a good note. It's goddemn weird.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 1: Stumpo Development is the only second generation female construction company in the country.
Speaker 4: You're crazy, You're a wacko.
Speaker 3: You're insane.
Speaker 1: I mean, it just doesn't end together. Cindy and Samantha welcome guests to explore the world of construction, real estate, development, design and more here.
Speaker 5: I'm predictable. Every time I think I know what you want, you'd switch it out.
Speaker 4: But that's what makes sure houses.
Speaker 1: All Udy discuss anything that happens between the roof and the foundation.
Speaker 4: Nothing is off limits. You truly do care about everybody.
Speaker 1: She can yell at, you can scream, but when you get her alone, she's the best person on the planet. Cindy Stumpo is tough as nails.
Speaker 3: And I'm Cindy Stumpo Toughest Nails on WBZ News Radio ten thirty and I'm here tonight with who I can't keep up with you get blonde here, and you're dark here and brown here?
Speaker 2: Trying to make you happy?
Speaker 3: What color we are? Color?
Speaker 2: We're grooving back to?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Going it's a slow motion game, just so I can get you too.
Speaker 4: Shut up.
Speaker 3: Okay, who's a guest? You know I'm not even gonna introduce You're gonna introduce yourself. You've got a big personal Go ahead, take it over, Jonathan.
Speaker 4: Boy, we introducing Jonathan Tucker, your Charles Town friend, and I drove over the bridge here from Medford. I like you a lot. You're toughest nails, and really I'm meant to the show. You're so sweet. I gotta tell you whether your daughter has dark hair or blonde here. She looks fantastic, has a great Jean Pool. I'm loving being here in the studio with you, and thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: I guess I should think dad, since you say look like him and not like you.
Speaker 4: Are you guys still married or is that a whole part of the show that we're not going to know who?
Speaker 3: It's Okay, he's the Xcessman's and I got a future ex husband coming right.
Speaker 4: Nice to say it, Jonathan Tucker, Pleasure, pleasure.
Speaker 2: Do you have a happy marriage.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: I have a very good marriage. I have a very good He's only forty. But you know we're only twelve years into it, so who knows where.
Speaker 3: Oh that's still good man on the honeymoon state. No. No, if you seriously, you our generation if you get through ten years.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, DoD I have the great I have the greatest wife in the world.
Speaker 3: Get health needs. She needs her flowers right now.
Speaker 4: She's the best. She's taking care of the kids. I'm out here hanging in Boston with my pals, running around the streets like I'm twenty years old. So we're having a good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, explain to Samantha, you're forty something, right for what forty one? And you're supposed to say for rainy day? Right boy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm in Hollywood, so you know it's like we get like one day of sunshine and then it rains for the other. I mean this financially, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about this in the car right over. It's you know, people have this idea of what entertainment business is like, and it is so different. And Mac, who's here with me, is the CEO of my Company's a Boston guy. It's gotten some a good front row seat at this which is you know, you make you have, you've got big hits, and then you've got periods of quiet.
Speaker 3: You keep talking because I'm talking. I'm sending language to my producer right now because it only understands hand language. Does fifty nine? Got it? Fifty sixty nine not a six nine? Okay?
Speaker 4: He could be doing by the way, he could be doing his job back there. You're not watching his fingers on the social media. He could be He could be pulling it off.
Speaker 3: Does he look like a cool guy?
Speaker 4: You ross? Does look like a pretty hip, hip dude. He's from southern New Hampshire. He lives in need him he's got to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's checking all the boxes off.
Speaker 4: He's hitting home runs.
Speaker 3: He was tipping cows and now he's playing with the people.
Speaker 4: In no I mean, uh, you know, people they see who's on the cover of the magazine and then they don't realize that that person is not on the cover of the magazine for another year or two. I mean, you have a movie comes out, you generate all this publicity, and then you kind of like need to go away for a little bit. And and on the financial side of things, you're on a TV show and you're making lots of money, but then you might not be on a TV show for a few years, and you got you gotta.
Speaker 3: Save for kay, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's a long way to give it. Your back there. But that's why I'm back in Boston because ultimately, like I really recognized that that was the case.
Speaker 3: Well you really recognized that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think in La.
Speaker 3: Might as well come back to Massachuon.
Speaker 4: Was I needed an excuse to tell my wife that I want to come back to Boston. That was one question. I have a question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you moved from Boston at a certain age, you left Boston. You grew up in Charlestown, right, and we call that the I don't know, sult shure, quinsy, salthy, I don't know, what do you guys consider Charlestown Charlestown? Come on, I know, but you guys still weren't salty Charlestown. Did you guys think you were tougher than salty kids? Of course you did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was kind of like the North Endeast Boston.
Speaker 4: We don't even think about South Boston.
Speaker 3: Yeah you guys from Yeah you were.
Speaker 4: I mean there were kids I grew up with who really never really left Charlestown. I mean the wouldn't even go like across the bridge and into Boston.
Speaker 3: Do you blame them?
Speaker 4: I mean, I love I'm like in love with Charlestown.
Speaker 3: Now look at your real estate prices there, Huh.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable. I mean, my father taught at you Mass Boston for thirty five years, and they bought that house in the late sat indies and paid how much you know, yeah, sixty five thousand bucks or something.
Speaker 3: That was a lot of my in the late seventies.
Speaker 4: And it was a rooming house, so it was filled with tenants. So my old man and my mother, you know, they had like one room in this five story or four story townhouse. So they were renting, and so they were renting it out. It was smart. And then slowly but surely, as as your mother's trying to get to, you know, saving for a rainy day, they accumulated more and more of the house. My dad did all the work on the house, save for save for the elector safe for the plumbing, us safe for rain day too. By the way, he's safe for a rainy day. I mean, did he took his pace, took his pension from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, from U mass Boston in the house and did really well. They did obviously really well in Charlestown, but they recognized a good, good bones.
Speaker 3: Eight thousand doll investment, which was a lot of mine.
Speaker 4: Instant Yeah, became a few million bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly that. Well, that's called owning assets, people, That's why you need to own assets. Okay, but we're not going to make this about a real estate show. We're making this about Jonathan.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, it's business. So I saw that. I mean, after thirty years of being in entertainment, I'm like, look, I'm getting I'm married, i want to have kids. I'm seeing the different the model shifting dramatically in terms of streamers, the amount of content that was aunt money you're getting paid.
Speaker 3: The money that streamers, oh, influencers that are making is sometimes a lot more than the actors in Hollywood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not and that's not a business I want to pursue. You know, I'm not looking to be an influencer or like a YouTuber, not that I have any issues with it.
Speaker 3: It's for me, so what I said, But I do, I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want you to make as much as I want.
Speaker 3: You to make as much money as you can too. But don't some twenty something of your kids tell me how to be successful and what it takes when you can't even you're talking to talk, buddy, but you haven't walked the walk yet, So I don't want to hear you talk to talk so to me and influence.
Speaker 4: Even though you were twenty three years old.
Speaker 3: And I wasn't. Yeah, but here's a difference.
Speaker 4: A woman in Boston going up against the unions. Everyone's telling you, don't talk to me lady. Yeah, okay, you haven't walked back talk Yeah, And then all of a sudden, here you are sitting in your studios exactly, your beautiful blonde hair and your successful daughter. So I don't know I mean things there.
Speaker 3: But at my twenties, here's a difference. Yeah, I had God gave me two years in one mouth. Yeah, I used my ears copy that and I shut my mouth. So don't tell me what I was like in my twenties. You weren't even born yet.
Speaker 2: Shut your mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did, trust me. I was the labor for my company. But that being said, I learned from all these older guys, right I listen, listen, listen, So one day I could talk the talk, sure, and walk the walk. So we go back now with these influences. Oh you can do it. I watched these things on Instagram. I'm like, oh, just give me a break, kid, Like, what have you done? You audio Mommy and Daddy's basement by now? Like it's all ninety nine of it to me is just bow crap. You're right, I do like I like Bradley. You ever watch him? No, Bradley's I love Bredley. He's out of La No, he's out of Vegas actually Nevada. But he keeps it real. Actually you'd like his personality too. But the rest is like, oh, be quiet, buddy, Well be quiet, honey. I just I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, I started up. I got an opportunity to start a cannabis business, so I'm not a Uh. It wasn't something I thought was going to ever happen, but it was. It's like a business just like any other from the beginning.
Speaker 3: So you decide, is it twenty three seconds? Then why are you showing me that clock. Now you've got my brain going off into fifty nine second.
Speaker 2: You're wasting time.
Speaker 3: Okay, stop, this.
Speaker 4: Is what we love this, This is great.
Speaker 3: All right, so Sam, shush, all right, wasting time? Okay, stop me from the beginning, and then I'm gonna tell you what. Yeah, what am I gonna say to hold that thought? Okay, go ahead, perfect start at the meeting California acting but by.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know you got to be you have to be financially conservative to be creatively reckless. So you know, if you want to like.
Speaker 2: It sounds like such an oxymoron, yeah, but yeah, well it's a truth, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you listen, if you want to like be able to take big risks, you got to have the financial stability to do it. And so I've invested in a lot of different things over the course of my life because I was able to get money as a kid, you know, shooting film and television.
Speaker 3: Right now, you get hold that? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, here we go. I'm siddy stumping you. Listen Toughest Nails on w BZ News Radio ten Thirty'll be right.
Speaker 5: Back, sponsored by Floor and Decor, National Lumber and Village Bank.
Speaker 3: And Welcome back to tas Nails on w BZ News Radio ten thirty. And I'm Cindy. I'm here with Samantha. And who's this handsome guy?
Speaker 4: Jonathan Tucker? How are you?
Speaker 3: How long you in the gym floor?
Speaker 4: You're so sweet? You know? I eat well, I move heavyweight. I take care of yourself.
Speaker 3: Are you pronouncing your ears?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pronouncing my arse?
Speaker 3: I think you are, yeah, of course. So what happened to you?
Speaker 4: I tried. I got out of Boston. I put that attack those aurs hard onto the end of hard, very hard.
Speaker 2: I think it's funny. I can leave bust and go to California and all a sudden have a bus.
Speaker 3: Here's how he learned that are is because he might have grown up in Charlestown, but you went to school in Brookline. There you go, so he learned his eyes. Then he had to go back to Charlestown. How did you do that? How did you swing that person?
Speaker 4: Great, that's a great question, because Gemini in Brooklyn, the kid from Charlestown. You could do this on the on the guy going to school in Brookline.
Speaker 3: So go ahead set that up for me for a minute.
Speaker 4: I mean you've got to just give me go back.
Speaker 3: To high school. Give me a senior high school, junior high school. No.
Speaker 4: So I went to Brookline up until ninth grade, and then I went to California for for high school, for boarding school.
Speaker 3: I give it to me from seven day ninth grade because that's even more for crazy.
Speaker 4: Even earlier. And I also danced with the Boston Ballet during that period, So.
Speaker 3: You didn't get your killing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I had it toughened me off. It's funny enough that Charlestown is actually very supportive of the ballet, where Client was much less supportive of the Ballet. Charlestown. I played Little League right there by the Shrafts Building with Marty Fabiano, my coach, one of the few Italians in Uhtown, Charlestown, and and you know, I kind of had to play both worlds. But when I was playing some baseball out there right by then now on a core casino, this kid on my own team comes running out, like the first day of of practice, and he stops at me at second base and he lifts up his sock and he's got like a pocket knife. But you know, I'm ten years old, so It's like I hit a knife and he goes, yeah, f and liberal, and I'm ten. I'm like, I have no I'm like his guy's on my team and he goes out to the outfield. So then of course I got to go ask my own man. I'm like, Pops, first of all, why is a guy on my team like threatening me with a knife, and why is he calling me a liberal?
Speaker 3: And what do you say?
Speaker 4: I was like, you know, he walked me through the history of the busting riots and Charlestown politics and and you know, mayor White and so on and so forth. So, uh, I learned that about Charlestown is the liberal from Charleston.
Speaker 3: And here's what I'm asking You went to school. I know for me, when you're thirteen from the North Shore, coming to Newton was a culture shock for sure, total culture.
Speaker 4: But I started going to Brookline in when I was for like kindergartens.
Speaker 3: Oh so you came right up, all right. So when you'd go back, but.
Speaker 4: Some of those kids wouldn't their parents wouldn't let their them there. Some of those kids to play, so that was real like, oh, well, you know, Matt's my dad and mom will let him get in or Natalie's mom, dad will let her come over.
Speaker 3: But I'm going with this as you know what that feels like. Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: See she knows that she has real life experience. Mom, Yeah, don't put down her experience.
Speaker 2: It's all her fault.
Speaker 3: No, there were a couple of girls. Their parents got together and said, we're not gonna let you play it same the Stump was it Sidney Stump? Was her father's a gangster. We just we just did it so on Instagram. Right, She's just like, oh, my god, should stab myself in the eyeballs.
Speaker 4: Your dad agangster? My grandpa heard he was a gangster.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's still alive right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody safe being in my house. So that you should exactly that's what you said.
Speaker 3: She should be stabbing yourself in the eyes and be in psychotherapy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: It doesn't care about anything. But the point is when you went back to Charlestown and you have the same Brookline kind of way about you. Did you fit with the Charlestown kids.
Speaker 4: Or not not? You know, it was like ish ish.
Speaker 3: So when they moved me at thirteen, I didn't fit in with the Newton kids. They were weird to me. So your own city kids were weirder to you, and my city that I moved it was weird.
Speaker 4: But I was also not a member of that. I was kind of like not in both worlds. I was kind of in between.
Speaker 3: That's good, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I mean it's good for she learned so much. I mean, no, Ques, I haven't really understand you totally.
Speaker 3: You're smart, and.
Speaker 4: I can talk to you about, you know, contemporary Japanese literature.
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go. How can you beat that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So it's it's it really was like an amazing.
Speaker 3: And and you were a Gemini, very black and white.
Speaker 2: I was very spot on.
Speaker 3: I feel bad for you, wife, but it's okay.
Speaker 4: She's she's very patient. She is her dad is she's Indian by race.
Speaker 3: No, No, what's time. I don't know what's her birthday?
Speaker 4: October fourth?
Speaker 3: Can't make a decision, you know.
Speaker 2: But that's like exactly, Nan and Papa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my father's do they have a good marriage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've been together since twelve and thirteen.
Speaker 4: And they really and they're Italian eighties Jewish Jewish, yeah, sever and I'm Irish and Drew.
Speaker 3: If we can't buy a whole we go steal it?
Speaker 4: Yes, right, I say, I only my dream I drankish? What are you jeish? My mom is Jewish? My dad's arista.
Speaker 3: You're kidding me.
Speaker 4: My mom's five feet ald, my dad six y five. So I'm drinking. Your pain is my.
Speaker 3: You're drinking on paying if I can't buy a host So good a bite? Still say how we get all the lines here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 4: And then my wife is Hindu and muscle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you got all your kids?
Speaker 2: Wants me beautiful?
Speaker 4: They are good looking kids.
Speaker 3: They get your dad's height.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope so yeah, o Mama, I'll tell you I'm.
Speaker 3: Five ten, Okay, So why do you get all the gangster rolls?
Speaker 4: It seems like I don't know what I can't. I do get a lot of My mother wants me just to politicanized doctor. And I did play a doctor. I did a movie called The Ruins. It was just a movie for Paramount or it was for DreamWorks for DreamWorks, and I played a doctor in it. And I was really excited to tell my mom, like, hey, I play a nice doctor. But of course it's a It's a movie about killer vines that basically like murder and kill a group of.
Speaker 3: So but why again, why do you see you Whenever there is a Boston gangster movie coming out? What gets you? Roles like where where do you fit in? Where do they're not picking you for the doctor roles? Right?
Speaker 4: Oh, look they want they What ends up happening is like you do something really great and then everyone wants you to continue to play that.
Speaker 3: That's what happens.
Speaker 4: So that's why it's incumbent upon you to try to like push you know, the ball, to expand your strike box, so to speak, Like what was the role.
Speaker 3: That kind of like okay, kicked you inte No, that that labeled you? That that okay, that's gonna be I did.
Speaker 4: I did a movie called The Deep End until the Swinton in like the early two thousands, and when Sundance it degreated Sundend. She got nominated for all the big awards and that movie like dramatically changed my career. And that's but I played. I played a young kid who a young closeted son who ended up like with my lover was he like died but my mom thought I murdered him, so she covers up the crime and that causes the whole slew of problems and there's blackmail and so and sover, but no, So then I was like, then you know, I was on the cover of the Advocate magazine. I was like kind of like the guy like talking about gay rights. And then I got offered all these.
Speaker 5: Things that.
Speaker 3: Calie's angels. Oh yeah Lee Angel, Yeah, Snowfall.
Speaker 4: I got some. That's a Boston one.
Speaker 3: Love that show? Why did it go off? Just had It's run? That's it, It's run, It's run.
Speaker 4: I think the first two episodes are pretty pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: I like the City on the Hill. Why do they always kills the shows I like the most?
Speaker 4: Like, I don't know why you don't have Maybe you don't have great taste.
Speaker 3: I have very good taste. City on the Hill, all of them. One the one in Rhode Island where Italians on one side the Irish or the other. For that one, I always have.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what was that brotherhood?
Speaker 3: Was that brotherhood?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: There's a really what's what's his name, great great Boston actor who.
Speaker 3: Was born and raised in Charles Town.
Speaker 4: You really did you really did your you really did your research on this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have to tell you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, read right now we're talking Google.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I'm like Google here, right. I love when I get onto X spaces and start speaking. I gotta deal with some idiot that's on Google googling everything right, well, you know and and eighteen hundred and fifty two blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: But a kid, No, look, I think you know. And I've gotten to play lots of different kinds of roles. I've definitely got I definitely tend to gravitate towards more like grounded characters and more things that are usually a bit more serious.
Speaker 3: But so we're gonna stay with the acting, okay, right, No, no, no, that's I'm just telling you, right, oh yeah, yeah, just staying with acting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I'm that's where I like, I'm probably.
Speaker 3: Not his age by way. No, maybe your mom's older me.
Speaker 4: Don't worry. I'm your future, my future.
Speaker 2: A lot of you like have a list running now, you do?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 4: Who else is on the list?
Speaker 3: I have so many kids, it's like scary, Like I'm just known as Mama Cindy. Okay, so now I was disowned today that I'm just owning her today. I'm disowning my son today. They both She.
Speaker 2: Told me, I'm going to live in a studio in Chelsea.
Speaker 3: Yes, Chelsea is nice, the way she keeps spending her money. She's going to a studio, and Chelsea is nice. And I used to Threatener that she's going to going to make her get a job on Broadway and reveals.
Speaker 2: She used to tell us I'm going to drop you and chat off at some CBS and reverer to get a job. I didn't even know what that meant.
Speaker 4: Revere's nice now too, both nice neighborhoods. Your your antiquated references with Chelsea.
Speaker 3: And again, well, Chelsea was very great until the spot there. Right now, it's safer right now than Brookline is. I'll tell you that. But okay, but we're staying in the acting business.
Speaker 4: I make a living in entertainment. But but I saw.
Speaker 3: It's just like your side hustle that might become your main hustle.
Speaker 4: I mean it is, it was a it started out. It means no. I mean, I I think I've used cannabis in a variety of different ways. I like the lower dose stuff. Like last night I had one of these cans, which is like a two milligram dose, and it's great, and like I don't feel totally intoxicated. I slep like a million bucks. It's like there's no sugar in there. Taste delicious. It's a great, great problem.
Speaker 2: I just like CBD cream, like for your muscles.
Speaker 4: Sure, sure, I like to stuff.
Speaker 3: Holda thought. We're going to break. I'm Sitny Stumpy. You listen to have his nails on WBZ News Radio, temp Theaty It'll be right.
Speaker 5: Back, sponsored by Pellow Windows of Boston, Next Day Molding and Kennedy Carpet.
Speaker 3: And welcome back to Toughest Nails on WBC News Radio ten thirty. And I'm Cindy and I'm here with Samantha. Wake up, Sammy.
Speaker 2: Now I'm told to keep talking before I shut up?
Speaker 3: Can you can you? When you come back, you gotta introduce yourself when you come back from break, you got to introduce yourself.
Speaker 4: Jonathan Tucker here with the Stumbo Ladies in med from Massachusetts.
Speaker 3: Do you know that remember when you watch your TV show, they kind of bring you ready there bring back people just coming on right now.
Speaker 4: Radio is the hardest thing. You got to keep your audience engage.
Speaker 3: You're doing a good job, buddy.
Speaker 4: We're having a great time to yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 3: Right, talk to me about the business that you're why you're back in Boston. Well you really belong.
Speaker 4: I'm moving weight, as they say, i'm selling. I'm selling though.
Speaker 3: Folks, drugs a drug dealer at forty one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I got out of Charlestown and I told everybody, Hey, I'm not a kid from Charlestown who's out here doing illegal things. And I come back to Boston.
Speaker 3: When you come back, do you have your donkeys?
Speaker 4: Of course? Okay, So to make sure, no matter what the weather always iceed to your donkeys. I didn't bring it up.
Speaker 3: I kept coming in right now, donkeys, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I thought this was the short sort of show where we got to pre order your coffee, but nobody asked mess. Yeah. He didn't hit me. He didn't say, hey, what kind of a cold drink do you want?
Speaker 3: On the showy.
Speaker 4: Afternoon slipping?
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: So I come back from California and I have this opportunity. I have a buddy's family owned dairy farm which was going out from under. I love America. I love agriculture in America. I love small farms. And he said, you want to take a swing and finance like a wildcatting expedition for a cultivation, manufacturing and production license, and it'll give you an excuse to come back to Massachusetts from California and you can get rich quick. Well that was like six years ago, and now we've got millions of dollars of debt on our shoulders and we've got we pivoted from cultivation out of that into retail. The name of our shops are The Boston Garden, which as yep, the Boston Garden, and the name of our brand is Lobster Pot. We sell lobster Rolls, which are the pre rolls. Twenty Eightster Rolls makes a lobster bake, so you can get baked. I'm all screwed up here. I'm moving fast.
Speaker 2: I know you got your Everything is a pun on words. Oh he's a Gemini.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't pick that up.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So the store is called I Get that Pot.
Speaker 4: And the brand we have our own brand people love. It's a New England, authentic, New England cannabis culture brand called Lobster Pot.
Speaker 3: And in this lobster Pot. Yeah is pot? Oh, lobster Pot. I get it and over my head, okay, I get I got it, lobster Okay, I got it.
Speaker 4: Now we're going to bring you some product next time I'm back on the show.
Speaker 3: I'll be sitting here, okay.
Speaker 4: And so so under the Lobster Pot brand, we've got Lobster rolls, which are pre rolls or joints, lobster lobster rolls. Yeah, and we've got little pictures which are the smaller nugs. And then we've got another product called the Lobster Bake twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Three rolls just walking them on high No.
Speaker 4: People. You know, there's so many different kinds of cannabis users now, and that's what's exciting about at least like the decriminalism or the rescheduled states in the sets, but it's now in the country. I mean, it just doesn't have the same stigma that it used to. And you've got people who are using it to, you know, for sleep, You've got people who are using it for creativity. You've got people who are using it to just decompress. Okay, and you don't have to.
Speaker 3: It's not like those kids that walk around smoking all day, are they going to really like, like I get angry with my son, like you want to smoke smoking night? Don't don't smoke during the day, Yeah, because I does it, but not everybody gets dumbed down from it, right, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, look, if you're doing anything all day long, you're an idiot. I mean, you can't be smoking cannabis all day, it's ridiculous. Okay, you can't be drinking all day. You can't be doing drinking coffee all day. You're gonna lose your mind.
Speaker 3: Correct, let's just decaf.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But we offer a lot of different products at the store, right, so we do you know, We've got the we've got CBD products, we've got tincatures, we've got.
Speaker 3: I've got a bad lots of different ways. I always have a back ache. So if I went to your store and I bought real not that stuff that they sell in the stores that don't have licenses.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, here's what you're gonna love. Okay, you're gonna love the building because for the old Leechmere rug building right there, okay, which shows that one that's Cambridge, Cambridge, so you're in Cambridge and where else? And the best part where you're gonna love if we've got parking, which not a lot of these places have got great parking, right, there on site. The building is beautiful, the buildout is beautiful. You inspect all the I'm gonna let you inspect all the construction. Okay, you're gonna be very happy with Wait.
Speaker 2: Were you the one that all the neighbors tried to lawyer up and fight against you for opening this in Cambridge?
Speaker 3: No, we were, And if he was, would you want to really bring that to EA?
Speaker 4: Yeah you can. We had one of the first licenses there. The building is beautiful. The experience is like clean and well lit, and it looks like you're mad loves it. You're gonna but you're gonna like the when you and when you meet our bud Tech.
Speaker 3: But you're in a great location. You know why. I'll tell you why. Because now Cambridge doesn't want single family. They want all that single family that comes down to become multi family, which will bring more people to your area.
Speaker 4: Maybe. Yeah, I mean, I'm not gonna go I'm not gonna get baited by your political because you're going to.
Speaker 3: End up with more people living in Cambridge right on a Brian highway.
Speaker 4: So we've got good thing for you. You got a lot of cars that go by, and I think ultimately having the parking is really important. Being a part of the community is really important. Having a wide variety of brands is really important. But for somebody like you, you're gonna come into the store and you're gonna have somebody who's gonna be able to.
Speaker 3: Walk you and they're going to walk you through the whole experience and get you the right product and then you rub this stuff on your back or whatever they're going to offer you that he's gonna be the best. Well, if you haven't a shoulder pain, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not a doctor. Oh my god. He wants you to come to the store and talking out.
Speaker 3: Hold on, you have to smoke everything or something. You know.
Speaker 4: There's creams, there's edibles, there's tincatures, there's flour, there's We've got I mean literally, the reason that one of the biggest things that separates our store isn't just the fact that we've got this Austin brand and a great team, but we've got like the best selection of products in the Commonwealth.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's Cambridge, and then we have again.
Speaker 4: We've got Summerville that's opening in a few months.
Speaker 3: So you've got a new store opening, new.
Speaker 4: Store opening, and I want you to do the walkthrough with us and make sure you're wearing when.
Speaker 3: You open these stores. You have to buy the location or you guys rending the location.
Speaker 4: That's just none of your business.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Real estate, it's hard to it's hard to find the right real estate because it has to mean a number of different you know zone.
Speaker 3: And they can't get banking because.
Speaker 4: That's correct, you know. Yeah, I mean there's some issues come to me all the time. But also there was a lot of issues. You know, ask the Martinetti family about, you know, building on business in the Commonwealth. I mean they that they're you know.
Speaker 3: They're great grand great grandfather. But he took huge risks, yes he did.
Speaker 4: And not a lot of people wanted to be selling alcohol after prohibition, correct, and it had a huge stigma around it. But it took a lot of courage and a lot of smarts. And there's a number of families like that around the country. I think what we're trying to do is make New England really proud, try to build and tap into an authentic cannabis culture, which it is. I mean, people don't understand that these different there is like a culture that was created over seventy years in the dark around cannabis, and and what happens is is that those cultures become very separate from each other. So a cannabis culture of Los Angeles, California is very different than a New England cannabis culture. And what we're trying to do is really reflect kind of the authenticity of this community around cannabis and respect that and honor that. And I think it resonates with people who have been a part of that community, and then it attracts folks, you know, who have not been a part of it before. And that's uh, that's our story. At the Boston Garden, she's having a pandic attack.
Speaker 3: Yeah you about you probably didn't need today that I didn't I didn't eat. But we'll get to this PIC attack. Do you know, I do a person have a pic attack?
Speaker 4: Or we actually really haven't haven't What do you mean I was?
Speaker 3: I eat him. I'm in the middle of it right now, and pretend you're not having it.
Speaker 4: What do you mean you have an issue like breathing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, gonna die?
Speaker 4: But do you meditate? Do you exercise?
Speaker 3: Does that? Yes?
Speaker 4: I mean you look like you exercise every you know, every minute of the day.
Speaker 3: I just want to stand.
Speaker 4: But really, you're not meditating or doing yoga that you're trying. That's me.
Speaker 3: So you see me right now, you're taking over the question.
Speaker 4: But if you have an issue, I mean, if you have an issue actually.
Speaker 3: Having a panic attack right now with you, my student, that's really you want me to come today. Imagine that you would have washed my hands.
Speaker 4: We're here doing this together.
Speaker 3: You're not. You're not going to die. Tell people right now that if I was having a panic attack, came in you're a store. Yeah right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by the way, they're absolutely, absolutely absolutely for me. I would do it for me personally. I would have you do like a very low dose edible or a low dose takture with high c That's what I would do.
Speaker 3: You know what they saying, We're in the middle of a panic attack. Now breathe take that doesn't work for me, I've triled it. Well, grab me some ice.
Speaker 2: Just take it from here. They tell you to put it on your.
Speaker 3: Your pressure because I can hold myself together. I think my guy screwed up my driver and gave me caffeine.
Speaker 4: And caffeine sets that off.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, for sure, I'm a lightweight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know, I tell them. I have a few things I tell my kids. We say on our fairness, kindness and truth. When we fall down, we get back up. We do hard things. You can do anything as long as you breathe and earn your reputation. And I feel like a few of those would be very good for the panic attack. One, you know, you can do anything as long as you breathe. And two, when you fall down, you get back up every day.
Speaker 3: So I've got an ice cube. We're in the studio and I am panic attack. We need to go up for a break. Okay, we gotta go a break break. Okay, great ha all right. This is Cindy Stumpany. That's the Toughest Dales on w b's and News Ready at ten thirty and we'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Sponsored by Brook Realty Group, Boston, would Smaller Insurance, World Auto Body and Tosca Drive Auto Body.
Speaker 4: Hey friends, is Jonathan Tucker WBZ News Radio ten thirty here in Medford with tough as nail, Cindy Stumpo and her daughter with beautiful brown hair. Pleasure to see everybody in here. Everybody highlights with some highlights. We're back past. We're back.
Speaker 3: Okay, can you stop co hosting please for me?
Speaker 4: I'm ready to go. All right, it seems like a good gig.
Speaker 3: Can you stay for more then you?
Speaker 4: Who else you got coming up? We'll find out. You got to tune in.
Speaker 3: Listen, so okay, keep talking to me. So you got me through that pic attack?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, look, so the kids sound I fall. I fell in love with meditation and yoga. I don't care how like hippie dipster it sounds. I drink green juice, I move weight, I do mma. I got two grade kids, But like.
Speaker 3: Ultimately, how old a your kids?
Speaker 4: Five years old? I remember when I came, when I came to college.
Speaker 3: You know they're great.
Speaker 4: Yet my kids are great.
Speaker 3: No, No, you don't know that if five, they're well grade at five. Okay, let me know it's sixteen, seventeen, and eighteen. Okay.
Speaker 4: But now when I came back to Boston, all these people, there's all these people in Boston who have just gotten hip to the fact that like this conversation around panic attacks, like yoga will help you, like there's just no question it will, absolutely And marijuana, there's a lot of things that are unequivocal, and you'll just come to a certain point where you're either like so desperate you'll try something and then it'll work, or you'll turn the switch on and say I'm willing to like help myself, and meditation and yoga will really help you. There's a wide variety of cannabis products that could be helpful.
Speaker 3: Do you believe that cannabis products used to I used to thought, I mean personally, I thought was the gateway into drugs stuff this saying it's the gateway out drug for a lot.
Speaker 4: Of opioid stuff. For sure.
Speaker 3: Absolutely they'll lean on that.
Speaker 4: And also like alcohol too. You know, you don't like a past.
Speaker 3: Where they're just lacing everything with fatanyl. People need to go into places like yours and buy it legally, absolutely, and they don't have to worry about dying. We were at a wedding at the Four Seasons a couple of years ago, and romantic are falling down on the ground at the Four Seasons right at a wedding, Like I'm like, is there a ghas leak? That's the first thing I think. I can't smell it right in the builder. They all went to Chinatown. They bought pot and they were all it was.
Speaker 4: The are our shops. The Boston Garden is like it's a very beautiful, simple, elegant retail experience and all the products.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course stop going on the streets to buy it, but they don't need you don't need a card anymore.
Speaker 4: You can just walk in. Yeah, that's right. And we've got a great team and it's a beautiful, elegant experience, and it's very easy and it's affordable. We've got all the every variety of brand you can possibly imagine. And it's a New England company. Like we're an authentic New England company. So in the same way in which like Sam Adams really came out of Boston, you know where a Converse came really out of Massachusetts, Like that is that's what we're doing in Boston Garden. Correct We bok Yeah, a lot of sneakers, a lot of sneakers, but also like Concepts another sneaker company. Yeah, yeah, they're doing cool. You know, we've got some great fighters.
Speaker 3: Boston, Boston exactly right, Yeah, other came out of Boston.
Speaker 4: It's funny. I remember when I first came to California and I was I heard this like fung shwe people are talking about functional. God, that sounds so silly, right, But then I'd come back, I talk to somebody like you, yeah, and you'd be like yeah, like this room makes me feel like I don't.
Speaker 3: Like I get my clients believe in it. I don't know.
Speaker 4: But my point is we just have other words for it, Like we don't say function. In Boston were like, yeah, it gives me the spooks and they.
Speaker 3: Feel uncomfortable, all right, that I get.
Speaker 4: Right, So, like there's a lot of those sort of like verbiage that can be exchanged. And in terms of like dealing with panic attacks.
Speaker 3: Then okay, let me take you off my pay text, give me an opportunity. Would you bring your kids back to Boston and raise them here in school systems here? Yeah, we'll keep them in out.
Speaker 4: That's a tough one. I don't know. We've got a really good life and on it, and a lot of it I can give credit to, like, you know, my childhood in Boston, just in terms of like intellectual curiosity and an openness to diversity. Yeah, in a real way, like not in the performative way in which how so much of diversity is happening now. But I mean my kids, like, you know, I take my son to the Korean baths in Korea Town. We're like the only not Korean people there. And he marched around and goes in the cold water in the hot rooms, and we eat like Korean food in the middle section, and it's like very cool. And we go on these great hikes and.
Speaker 3: If you could live anywhere and they speak Chinese, it's like how cool.
Speaker 4: And and I really get that. And you've got great weather and we yeah, crappy. We miss Boston so much. I mean, this is my home. Is your home for I get off the planet logan, I'm like, ah, but I can you know, you can have, you can have, you can bring so his family still here, no, because that flight is so long. It's like three thousand It's really it's a long. It's like five hours here hating six and a half hours back. It's like going to London.
Speaker 3: I hate in Boston and I hate to fly so but.
Speaker 4: They don't get back enough. Well, you know, we've gotten the brain with your parents. My parents don't get back enough because my old man's having hard issues, so he's not flying a bunch okay, And they live in California.
Speaker 3: Now, oh so they moved, so your mom and dad moved to it because you guys, that's right. So and what about brothers and sisters. You haven't have a sister.
Speaker 4: She's also she's also in California's back here, I mean, so many with your families in county, that's right. Yeah. And then I'm now with the business. You know, I'm back here, back here all the time.
Speaker 3: Tell me your parents install the house in Cambridge that they did.
Speaker 4: But they sold it sold not Cambridge, tarlest time confused, but they bought a beautiful place in Santa Barbara. And like, no one's complaining, and everyone who's healthy needs to shut up.
Speaker 3: You know, if you're healthy, shut up, if you're healthy, just stop, absolutely just stop. I can't if you get up every day and put your feet on the ground.
Speaker 4: I was looking at this woman the other day. She got some Instagram account with literally her buyout so aggressive. She's like I was paralyzed by being pushed into a pool at a bachelor party. It's like her biet. I was like, oh my god, like hell, I can't read that stuff. And I'm like, you know, shut up, you have to heal the kids. I mean, shut up, what are you? What's the problem? Everybody will everybody's everybody's complaining.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: What will you think your mother's goal was in life to raise good children? Right? Good gentlemen? Good you be a gentleman, sure, not just a gentleman. A gentle man and be a good husband, absolutely, good father. Even this working mom that's worked her whole life with her two children. That's all a mom wants to bring home. I want to pass my son off to a really good girl and say, all you will take care of her, but you be a gentleman, not a gentleman. Shaking it, gentle man, Okay, you'd be a good father. I want my daughter to be a great wife and a good mom. That's all a mom wants. Live a good life, right, I don't care if you're picking up crash for a living. Let's get ourselves mentally healthy. Right. This generation right below you is struggling, and then under Samantha. Samantha's twenty thirty seven, you're forty one, which is the difference not so much. But then you get younger like Chad's thirty and underneath him it's getting So what age do we stop calling our kids' kids? Right, Boston? That's the thing.
Speaker 4: Your parents gonna call you their kids?
Speaker 3: Whoever? Right?
Speaker 4: Sure? Health insurance seems a little late. I mean you got to get out there and get a job and do something. You have to contribute to the world.
Speaker 3: Could you please say that again?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: At what age we had a job at thirteen? Yeah? Me too.
Speaker 4: I worked at all of with Todd English and Charlestown.
Speaker 3: You go.
Speaker 4: I worked at Cybersmith and Cambridge okay, and in the Infaniel.
Speaker 3: Hall and our parents and how we got there, ye, t exactly, but they let us. I don't know what with me.
Speaker 2: I wanted to go on a tea you gave me rules.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because then we came out with things like we found out things that we didn't know happened coaches and priested them.
Speaker 4: But bye.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: The thing about our one of the things that's so great about our business is like that I hadn't anticipated was the opportunity to you know, to create jobs. I mean creating jobs. Let's talk about that is one of it's the greatest feeling in the world, you know, I mean, Mac, my CEO who's the real now man behind the operation. You know, is a real professional sitting here.
Speaker 3: He's handling everything while you're.
Speaker 4: No, here's the boss. I mean, I got the business.
Speaker 3: To talk very much. I fight the body guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's the Well that's because he's well built and handsome and got I'm here day to day and we're building something and Mac comes out of the corporate world. He built, he's he has a location. You guys want to end up happy business, we're gonna have. We have three in Massachusetts, which is our max, and then we've got one in New Jersey opening up next and then you know, I'm here this week and we're going to talk about how we can build the business further, particularly in the next eighteen months, because you know, a lot is changing in cannabis. You've got the good way of the bad way. I mean, it's uh, it's changing. I think it's It depends on who you're talking to, because for some folks rescheduling is is challenging and for some it's it's great.
Speaker 3: Because is it getting more competitive about this scene?
Speaker 4: It's definitely competitive, and you're not getting a lot of support from the regulatory structures in Massachusetts. They certainly haven't been helpful, and in building businesses, you might be shocked to learn. However, New Jersey boy, they have really been Uh. They are thrilled to help you open your business and they want to help you, you know, comport to the regulations. So why not walking Well, we're gonna talk about it. But that's I mean, one of the I think one of the smartest things that I've done is recognizing my limitations and the talent and other people. You know, Mac has a remarkable resume in the corporate world, managed a lot of people, helped build a lot of really successful businesses, and it was time for me to say, hey, you're you're fired. No capital raies not yet. Yeah, we did that. That was terrible and now we've got a ton of debt. But moving forward, I think like in the next stage of the company, yeah, I think we would look at another partner who might might come on and try to build out that We've got the Boston Garden.
Speaker 3: I'm a good personal offense, but then we've.
Speaker 4: Got a proplic garden that thought thought.
Speaker 3: Siddy Snap nail time WBC News Radio ten thirty.
Speaker 4: Things that will be quite the.
Speaker 3: Same and welcomes Nails on WBC News Radio ten thirty. And I'm here with Sammy and I'm here with Jonathan and we're going out to We're going out. What do you gotta say, Sammy, We're going out. Yeah, we're going out. We're all going outside.
Speaker 2: Well, since now we're older and Chad and I tell you everything. Now, well we have something to tell you that we go to his location all the.
Speaker 4: Time news k news breaking here.
Speaker 2: It is so you guys are already goted a public service announcement.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful, it's elegant. You had an extraordinary experience. The parking is easy where the old we're selling the lobster pot brands can pass that.
Speaker 3: She goes there and she just played stupid the whole time.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, people are starting to come out now this is a whole general.
Speaker 3: Say good night Turby, Johnathan Tucker. I loved having you. You have an amazing personality. This is Cindy Stampo Toughest Nails at WBZ News Radio ten thirty. Have a great, safe weekend, and we'll see you next week.