Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. We have what you learned on the Gary and Shannon Show. I have not asked you to let us know what you've learned on the Gary and Shannon Show. I just realized I've been derelict in my duty when it comes to that. So if you can jump on that talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app, if that's where you're listening, you hit that microphone there on the screen and let us know what you learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show. If it is all about nature and the Eglitz, that's fine. If it's about what did I learn this week on The Gary and Shannon Show, I think it just lands in that nest. I think that is what we've learned. What else is going on?
Speaker 2: Time for what's happening?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: That time mentioned this earlier the President President Trump threatening just to reciprocal tariffs as early as today he spoke from the Oval Office. It seemed like something may have just crossed his desk with regard to dairy farmers in Canada. He said it's outrageous that Canada slaps a two hundred and fifty percent tariff on our dairy farmers.
Speaker 4: That does sound insane. Two hundred and fifty percent.
Speaker 1: He says that a Canadian tariff in response to that and others against Mexico could start today or Monday. He says he doesn't want a trade war, but that his tariffs are necessary to level the playing field with our trading partners. Kind of a one to eighty from what happened yesterday, right, it was just yesterday. I believe that he backed off of the tariffs about Mexico or for Mexico, and then later in the day towards the end of the show, he backed off of them for Canada as well, giving the reprieve of a month. So something caught his ire this morning, this eye, and then resulted in his ire over the dairy farmer tariff two hundred and fifty percent. So we'll keep our eye on that see if there's any movement there. A story that we will be getting more on coming up next. South Carolina set to carry out its first ever execution by firing squad. We will be getting an update from News Nation when we return. This is a convicted killer set to be put to death at about three pm hour time, barring any last minute involvement by the governor. This will be the first ever in the state execution by firing squad.
Speaker 4: So we'll get the details of what led to.
Speaker 1: That, how it all works, and what the chances are that somebody intervenes or there's some legal action that stops that. An Olympic snowboarder is now on the FBI's ten most wanted fugitives list. Ryan Wedding, He's also known by several aliases, is wanted for allegedly leading a transnational drug traffic ring smuggling cocaine across North America. There's a joke in there with a snowboarder and cocaine. I'm not going to make it. When I make that joke, you know that I've been doing this too long. He's also allegedly linked to multiple debts, including those of two family members over a stroll in a stolen drug shipment.
Speaker 4: Holy Hell.
Speaker 1: US State Department is offering ten million dollar reward for information leading to his capture. Wow, an Olympic snowboarder so into the drug trade that he offs family members who mess around with it that is a story. Questions remain on the table, Questions still outweigh all the answers. More than a week after Gene Hackman and his wife, Betsy Arakawa were found dead in their secluded mountaintop home just outside Santa Fe, New Mexico. And right now as we speak, there setting up the podium, they're setting up the microphones. The media is on the scene there of the Sheriff's office in Santa Fe because they're going to be giving an update in less than an hour about this murder investigation. Not excuse me, wow, I don't know what led to me saying that about this death investigation. These are the questions that remain. How did Gene Hackman and his wife die? How long had their bodies been in that home? Did they die at the same time? Remember they were found in separate rooms. She was found in a bathroom, kind of well, collapsed, obviously dead, her hands somewhat mummified. We found in the days following that discovery that that can happen in a matter of days from when you die, a matter of days to a week, your hands in your feet can start the mummification process. So she's found collapsed amongst pills. There was a bottle of pills that seemed to be spilled somewhat around the body. There In a nearby closet there was one of the couple's three dogs found dead. The other two dogs by the way alive and well and cared for since. But that other dog found dead in a closet in a crate. We don't know if the crate was opened or closed, or what the deal is there. Did they die and the dogs starved to death or was it We just don't know. Gene Hackman was found in another area of the house. He had collapsed. They believed he dropped his sunglasses or something. There was some weird information about the sunglasses, like he had fallen and that was proof that he had fallen. But again, we don't know what the pills were. We don't know any foul play. Initially the family came out right away and said it was carbon monoxide, which was weird. They've got or He has three grown children. I believe the youngest is still older than the wife was. Betsy Arakawa is sixty three years old, so there was no sign of carbon monoxide poisoning at all. Ninety five years old, so age alone there, but again she's just sixty three. So again, within an hour, will you we should get an update at least some answers when it comes to what happened with Gene Hackman and his wife. I know the toxicology tests still have weeks outstanding on those. All right, when we come back, we will get an update on this inmate in South Carolina set to be executed this afternoon by firing squad.
Speaker 4: What led to this?
Speaker 1: Is this something that we can expect to hear about in the future with other states. It's certainly a first for South Carolina. We get an update when we return.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty right.
Speaker 1: Now that we want to get an update on what's going on in South Carolina this afternoon. South Carolina planning to execute a prisoner by firing squad for the first time ever. Alex Capriello saying that, right, Alex, I'm.
Speaker 6: Sorry, pretty close to Alex Capriello.
Speaker 1: Okay, Alex Capriello with News Nation reporter Extraordinary joins us.
Speaker 4: Now he is covering this.
Speaker 1: This is a historic execution there in South Carolina.
Speaker 4: Alex, what do you know?
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, this is historic, to say the least. It's the first time in fifteen years that if firing utilized in our country to execute a man. Important to note, the inmate chose this method of death. He was convicted of murdering his ex girlfriend's parents about twenty four years ago. But there's still a lot of controversy around it. His attorney is still trying to get that last minute judicial stay or the governor's grant of clemency to sort of halt this execution. He believes that his inmate did not have enough time to look over the latest executions that happened in South Carolina from lethal injection. Those inmates, the attorney says, suffered a harsh penalty and harsh punishment, which of course is not allowed by law. Nevertheless, it's nothing comes down from the Supreme Court or from the governor, and this execution is scheduled to be carried out at six pm Eastern tonight.
Speaker 1: Lethal injection used to be considered kind of a kinder, gentler way for the government to kill somebody. Is that not the case anymore? Has there been evidence that this is not a kinder gentler method? Or is it the boxed executions or is it the I know in some cases executions have been held up just on the legal basis that it's cruel and unusual punishment waiting for the availability of the cocktails used for the lethal injection.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think these are all points that are being brought up when discussed the death penalty and the ways in which we sentence the inmates that are facing the death penalty to die. The biggest conversation that's being had is about the availability of the drugs that are used for the lethal injection, and the government and departments of corrections have tried to find workarounds to try to fix that problem by creating cocktails, as you say, of combinations of different types of drugs, and in general they are successful. They lead to the prisoner's death, But the question is how long does it take and are they aware of what they are experiencing in those moments of unconsciousness. For example, in South Carolina recently three inmates had been put to death using lethal injection, and in some of those cases it took more than twenty minutes, sometimes it took a double dosage. Autopsy reports later on found that their lungs filled with fluids, and blood and water, which big begs the question, was that a cruel and unusual death? And for those reasons that I just explained, that's the reason why today's inmate, Brad Sigmund is choosing the firing squad. He knew those three inmates that were killed, they were all on death road together here in South Carolina. His attorney told them what happened when those inmates chose lee'sal injection. And so he shown this untested method of firing squad, untested at least here in South Carolina and untested in America for fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a lot of good information. Thank you there, Alex. How will this go down? What's the protocol for this as you brought into How does it work?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'll tell you. I just spoke to the Department of Corrections to make sure I understood everything. We'll start from the beginning. The inmate, Brad Siegmund has given his last words, his final words, so to speak to his attorney. His attorney will read that to the witness room. So the inmate will not be delivering any final words on his own. It's already been written down and on a piece of paper for it to be read out loud. Then he'll be brought into the execution chamber. He'll be walked to a chair that's been bolted to the floor. A hood has been placed over his head, and across from him, about fifteen feet away, but unseen to the witnesses, are three marksmen carrying rifles. They will not be seen, their guns will not be seen. And granted that there's no stays or nothing that is blocking this execution from happening, they'll all fire simultaneously. All three marksmen have live ammunition. They'll fire at a target that is placed over Sigmund's heart, and those bullets are used and they are created to sort of explode upon impact, and the goal is to do as much damage as possible to that heart to end Sigmund's life. Afterwards, someone will come in and ensure that Sigmund is indeed dead and that execution will be done there inside the witness chambers there is the Department of Corrections. There's various members of law enforcement. There's the prosecutor, there are the inmates attorney, and the inmates spiritual advisor. And then there are three members of the victims family that are there to witness the execution happen.
Speaker 4: You mentioned the victim's family.
Speaker 1: Too often in these cases, we don't talk about what the crime was that landed somebody in this predicament. I guess that's not the right word, but you know what I mean, what was the details of the murder. This was somebody who killed his ex girlfriend's parents back in two thousand and one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, twenty four years ago, Sigmund used a baseball bat to beat the parents of his ex girlfriend to death, hitting them nearly a dozen times each on the head, going back and forth between rooms to carry out that action. He actually kidnapped his ex girlfriend at the time too, and took her in a car and drove away, but she was able to escape and seek help, and so it received a lot of national attention at the time, just due to the violence of the klan. That being said, his attorney tells me that Sigmund is a much different person than he was twenty four years ago. He's completely given his life to God. He acts as a sort of caplain of sorts with them throat well. He even I'm told his final meal is three buckets of fried chicken that he's sharing among the inmates. And death row. It's not even for himself, so it kind of speaks at least to the character of the inmate that's on death row according to his attorney.
Speaker 1: All Right, Alex Kappa Riello, thank you so much, excellent job reporting per usual.
Speaker 4: We do appreciate your time. No, you're super busy.
Speaker 6: Thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 1: All Right, there he goes Alex, and we'll stay on top of it again barring any sort of interaction from the governor or a judge. South Carolina planning to execute that man, Brad Siegmund about three o'clock our time, firing squad.
Speaker 4: All right, coming up next to what you.
Speaker 1: Learned on the Gary and Shannon Show, also the nine news nuggets. You need to know. If you've got to tinkle, do it now because we are going to go through this without any commercials. How exciting is.
Speaker 5: That you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI A six.
Speaker 1: Okay, at this time, we like to hear about what you learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: So here we go.
Speaker 7: What I learned on the Gary and Shannon Show this week is Shannon, your experience and professionalism kicked in this week. You did a hell of a good job running solo. Not surprised at all, thank you. Secondly, I learned that there's a lot of sick moms and dads out there who put their families on Youtubes to give money and expose them to the worst and terrible behavior if possible. What a bunch of sick people we have out there. But you did a great week. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Shannon. What did we learn this week? Well, I learned that nor Well's the female norwhale has no tusks, and the norwhale can have a tusk up to nine feet long the male ones. We did learn that not the females. Keep up the good work though, Shannon, you're doing good job.
Speaker 7: What did I learn on Gary and Shannon this week? I learned that Shannon and Debra get really annoyed with Amy King's schoogle enthusiasm.
Speaker 8: What I learned on Gas this week is that a man named Ahmed can turn his life around. What a great interview and I'm so happy that you let him close out with his statement that anybody can change their life around. Shannon, thank you for having him on and I hope he's on again. I have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy your la Mark and cheese.
Speaker 4: Its hi, Shannon. What I learned on the Gary and Shannon Show this week? I learned about Mallory the penguin and how cute and adorable that penguin is. So thank you for that. It's right, have a great weekend. Penguin is a painter.
Speaker 5: This week on The garyan Shannon Show, I learned that swearing it's good for you kind of mite you a little stronger mentally.
Speaker 6: Physically I can withstand some pain, so yeah, gosh, darn, it's good for you.
Speaker 3: Ya have a good weekend.
Speaker 4: See you by What I learned on the Gary and Shannon Show this week, Well, I guess I've all known that Gary and Shannon are the dynamic dual, and when they have to go solo, they're still dynamic. Keep up the good work. Love you guys all from Long Beach.
Speaker 6: That a key like good.
Speaker 9: Time, Shannon. Yes, I learned about zippering today, and I learned about bonking for you know, bucking order and all of it, and just enjoy watching them even late late at night on at dark yep yep, Okay, you go, Jackie, you go, Shadow and Little Baby eagletz Aloha Aloha.
Speaker 4: Friday, Shannon Mahala.
Speaker 10: I learned that having three eggs and the eagle's nest is rare, and having two eggs is very common.
Speaker 2: Thanks you guys got a great show.
Speaker 10: What I've learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show is that when Gary's not there, surprisingly, Shannon.
Speaker 2: Is far classier.
Speaker 10: She talks about testicles far less. She talks about animals having sex much less. It's a different experience. I wonder why, just curious, why are you far nastier when Garrett, You're right.
Speaker 11: When I saw this week on the show, I learned that cussing is good for your health, which makes me Really that's a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Well done. Oh that's funny. Everyone's so mellow. I like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We did learn a lot about the eaglets and about penguin. Okay, we did.
Speaker 1: We covered some animal stuff this week. You're right, and I did not talk about balls as much.
Speaker 4: I don't know why. That's very odd.
Speaker 1: I think it's because it's weird when you were like alone in a room, it's a female talk. Why would you Why would you bring that up? You know it's not like, but why would you bring it up around anyone else. It's a very strong point, all right. Every week we get to stories that we have not gotten to. We we eat the meat and the potatoes, and then we sometimes don't have room for the cupcakes and the sparkles. And that's what we bring you here. Now, I must say this is not all cupcakes and sparkles, but it is what it is. These are the nine news nuggets you need to know. And here is honorable mention.
Speaker 2: Honorable mention, not supposed to mention them, honor serving with you.
Speaker 3: Great and honorable Moses.
Speaker 11: So today we're holding auditions to become the newest member of honorable Mention.
Speaker 1: Well, scientists have created the world's first three.
Speaker 4: D printed penis. This is for health.
Speaker 1: Experts from the South China University of Technology have created the first printed implant. It is designed to imitate a portion of that known as the corpus cavernosum kevin osum kevnosum corpus kevin osum. In the study, the team tested it in rabbits and pigs with impressive results. I don't know what that means that the team tested it in rabbits and pigs. Did they attach this to rabbits and pigs. Did they There's a lot of questions that because I am classing it up this week, I am not going to ask, but they say it can be helpful when it comes to not using certain drugs that you may need to use with this particular organ. There are pictures that I also will not be describing because of the aforementioned class Here's number nine nine.
Speaker 8: I did ninth place for cops Dirty nine times out of tennis partner's Dirty two and.
Speaker 4: I speak nine languages.
Speaker 10: Yeah, can write basically everybody at table.
Speaker 12: Then I'll be all ready to go another nine and nine?
Speaker 2: Or did I catch you at niner?
Speaker 11: In there where you calling from?
Speaker 8: All walkie talking?
Speaker 1: A school has removed all mirrors from the bathrooms because the pupils are spending too much time in them. I had a school like this as a kid. There were no mirrors in the bathrooms. And yes, especially as a female, you spend less time because you're not looking in the mirror going what the heck is that?
Speaker 4: Why is my hair doing that? What is that? Is my lipstick on? Straight? The whole bit.
Speaker 1: This is in where is this? This is in somewhere in England? Because it's from the BBC and they say that mirrors are encouraging students to spend too much time in toilets, often in large groups, and that this can make some children feel uncomfortable. Parents say the decision is silly, a bit extreme, while others say it was strange. I think this has been going on for quite time.
Speaker 12: Number eight, A child is bold every eight second listening to eight different bosses drawn on about mission statements.
Speaker 1: There are a couple of stories that you remember when they hit. I think one of the examples is uh, with our with our parents or what have you? When JFK died, where were you nine to eleven? You remember where you were?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: There's certain stories that don't rise to those levels where I kind of remember where I was. One of those was the Casey Anthony verdict. I remember my husband and I were driving up to Tahoe. I remember where we were on eighty when we're listening to the radio and the verdict comes down live and she's not guilty, and it was.
Speaker 4: Like what what?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: This woman, the mother from Florida, Casey Anthony, acquitted of killing her little darling child, says that she has a new career. She is joining TikTok to announce her new career as a legal advocate. This was the one who failed to report the disappearance of her two year old daughter, Kaylee. This was back in two thousand and eight. She popped up on TikTok over the weekend advertising her new role. She said she'd be a proponent for the LGBTQ community and women's.
Speaker 4: Rights, to which I say, we all don't need you.
Speaker 1: Casey Anthony, stay in your lane of people who kill their kids and get away with it. And TikTok about that number seven.
Speaker 6: The seventh son of the seventh son.
Speaker 11: We're on with seven days with a government seven seven.
Speaker 6: Eight seven years of college don d.
Speaker 5: Seven seven seven days.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There is a man in California charged with stealing twenty five thousand dollars worth of bricks legos to be exact. His name is Michael Fletcher. He's thirty two. He's been charged up in Contra Costa multiple counts of second degree burglary and grand theft. And I kind of get it. I mean, what guy doesn't love legos? And the last time I said that, I got in trouble because apparently many women are lego officionados as well. I guess I just wasn't so I equate it to being my brother's thing. This guy stole twenty five brand worth of Legos from targets up there in Contra Costa, which also underlines the fact that legos are damn expensive. A lot of knockoff legos, aren't there. Apparently, lego larceny big business in California, very frequent in the LA area, and they say they're targeting a specific kind of lego, the minifig, the minifig minifig miniature figures.
Speaker 4: Is that what that's code for? I don't know. Again, not a lego person. Here's number six.
Speaker 2: I got six, number six. There's six more weeks of later. Budd you have a picture of me and Rabbi and six drunk and longshomny. I would just stick you in a nursing home closer to us. I don't have to drive stake that drink.
Speaker 1: Another mana Missouri, has been charged for the second time in a year with trying to have sex with a seat on the metrolink.
Speaker 4: Couple things.
Speaker 1: Number one, I'm sorry, I'm sorry that it's come to this, sir, that you are so in need of companionship that you're trying to have sex with a cushion. Now, if that's where you find yourself, if that's where you are, have sex with the cushion at home, right, you have your decency a little bit, You've got your privacy, you have your public integrity. It's all still intact. For the most part. It's only you and the cushion that knows you're trying to have sex with the cushion. You take that thing public and you get into a whole slew of problems. Not to mention, if you are going to have sex with a public cushion, it cannot be on the metrolink. It cannot be on a mode of transportation where all of us have seen people defecating, urinating, passing out on fentanyl, and doing other things. The seats on the metrolink are probably the worst cushions in the entire world. No matter what city you're in, do not fall to the place in life where you have sex with the metrolink cushion.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: My PSA is over number five for five.
Speaker 12: I have five minutes five, little gee, this is the year five point.
Speaker 8: Five will be a favorite.
Speaker 2: Loose five pounds immediately.
Speaker 4: Packing peanuts.
Speaker 1: This is another This is more proof that we should just be taken out by an asteroid. We are a dumb people. We are brainstem people, is what we are. We now have people, not children, but live, grown, fully developed people who are eating packing peanuts. They are under the assumption that the packing peanuts are edible. Because I'm also a brainstem person, I forgot the term for bubble wrap earlier. I prefer bubble wrap because it's fun to pop the bubbles. I know it's annoying for people, but I enjoy it, which is why probably the packing peanuts you unpack a box, they get everywhere. They're a mess, but apparently don't eat the packing peanuts. This is a trend on TikTok where people are claiming that they're the perfect bedtime snack. They're arguing that the foam pieces are completely edible because they dissolve.
Speaker 4: In their mouths.
Speaker 1: One beauty lever wrote on TikTok, did anyone know that lush packing peanuts are edible? And it shows are popping them into her mouth. Lush, by the way, those are bath products. So not only are you eating styrofoam, you're eating styrofoam that is laced with chemicals from well, actually it's I think everything's natural.
Speaker 2: You know what you do? You?
Speaker 1: You want to eat the packing peanuts and bed you do you? This is America number four.
Speaker 7: Or minute is probably on his fourth tranquilizer by.
Speaker 2: Now, commandment number four.
Speaker 8: Then this isn't the same world you left.
Speaker 1: Four years new version of Monopoly has been released and you don't have to do math. Hasbro has announced an updated version of Monopoly. It replaces cash and the banker with a mobile app that handles all the transactions for you.
Speaker 4: This is also what's wrong with society.
Speaker 1: Monopoly one of the last great bastions of family fun, and you're going to ruin it with screens f n U Hasbro.
Speaker 12: Number three three shall be the number count and the number of the counting shall be three.
Speaker 3: Fight were dead within three hours.
Speaker 8: Three security clearance level three.
Speaker 10: All three three.
Speaker 4: I got all three of you guys for the rest of your nating born live.
Speaker 2: After that three days, they both start to stink.
Speaker 9: Three.
Speaker 1: We've tackled this on the program before. Do you appear the shaw or not? Because we tackle the hard things here. Nearly a quarter of Americans pee in the shower on a regular basis. So if you're a shower pier, you're not alone. Here's the thing about peeing in the shower. Once you start peeing in the shower, it's hard to stop because you hear the shower, and if you're started to pee in the shower, the sound of the shower is going to make you want to pee again. Right, twelve percent do so daily. Another twelve percent tinkle in their sprinkle, they say in this study, a few times every week. So there you go. Apparently it's a millennial thing. The baby boomers don't do it, and gen X doesn't do it.
Speaker 4: It's just us millennials. Number two, what's going on?
Speaker 13: You two?
Speaker 2: Pick out two things?
Speaker 4: One two two. There's two sons and no women who ringing dinging.
Speaker 1: For number two, we've got a test up in Canada, small number of cancer patients testing a pill that contain healthy bacteria from human poop to see if it can extend their lives. This comes up every time and time again, where you put the poop into some sort of pill and it can help with your gut biome or something like that. Anyway, some good news over there. They are trying to do this and treat pancreatic cancer. Cancerous tumors believe to have a collection of bacteria and viruses and fungi that helped the disease defend itself from treatments like chemo, and this hopes to reverse it.
Speaker 4: Number one weird, number one, number one.
Speaker 2: We're number one.
Speaker 3: Then I decided to look out for number one.
Speaker 6: Are you the number one?
Speaker 3: Row?
Speaker 9: Number one?
Speaker 1: Number one, number one. This is my favorite story of the day. Toddler in Oklahoma called nine one one. What was the emergency? The toddler needed donuts. The toddler asked for emergency donuts. The boy's name is Bennett, and he dialed nine one one began saying gibberish to the dispatcher.
Speaker 4: He hung up.
Speaker 1: He dialed again and then told the dispatcher about an emergency need for donuts. The dispatcher is heard saying, in response to the boys request donuts, I want donuts. Are you going to share your donuts? And the child is a child said nine to one one it is an emergency. And the dispatresses an emergency and he says emergency donuts.
Speaker 4: So what happened?
Speaker 1: Well, the police department is a smart one. They showed up the next day and they delivered a box of Dunkin Donuts to the home. He's in, the officer saying in a video, of course, posted to social media, you called us about donuts.
Speaker 4: We came to give you some donuts.
Speaker 1: The boy Bennett is ecstatic in the video he and his brother share the donuts. I mean, how sweet is that? It's stupid and a time waster, but how sweet. I want to waste my time watching kids calling nine one one for donuts and getting them videos. Phil Schuman is in for John Cobalt. Nice to see you.
Speaker 4: Well, can we hit your microphone over there? I think is the latest one?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 4: I am good?
Speaker 2: Good to see you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's quite a segment you ended up with there. Yeah, miscellaneous yapping up.
Speaker 1: Well, you say miscellaneous, we say nine news nuggets you need to know?
Speaker 2: So you really?
Speaker 1: Uh, you saved us some time. We should just call it miscellaneous.
Speaker 2: No, I like that what you learned this week?
Speaker 4: I like the swamp the detritus of the week.
Speaker 6: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so as you may have missed if you're not on your phone like all the time, right.
Speaker 4: What do we say missed them? I don't think anybody missed them. But what's coming up today?
Speaker 2: Well, I can tell you what's not coming up. The eagle story.
Speaker 13: I found do I I find myself wondering if I'm a bad person, if I'm not hanging on every aspect of the eagle story.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this and then I'll let you come to your own conclusion. John Cobalt is into the eagles, Yeah, which shocks me. Right, Yeah, he loves animal stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you can love animals. I think it's great.
Speaker 13: But I actually want to actually went online and researched this this morning because I.
Speaker 2: Wasn't clear, like, a, we we have do we have a shortage of bald eagles?
Speaker 13: The answer is no, we did, So all right, we're not going to talk about the eagles unless people really want to. Obviously, stories out of Washington, there's going to be an update on the Gene Hackman case this afternoon. We're going to talk about Mayor Bass, We're going to talk about who's going to be your next governor, who's going to be your next president.
Speaker 2: And then locally, that story in Orange County that the jury went home on. It's so bizarre.
Speaker 13: It's like it just seems to me like when you're on trial now, and I was thinking about the Asap Rocky case.
Speaker 2: Right, we covered this guy was acquitted. You just make something up and sell it as a defense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like in his.
Speaker 2: Case, Oh it was a prop gun.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it's like Mark Erragus, remember with Lazy Peterson. He said there was a roving band of gypsies.
Speaker 13: And in this case, the the gun, the guy, the guy had a lifetime of using guns, handling guns, and that he was supposedly drunk. Supposedly it just went off right, right, right, So we're gonna get an update on that. More on Gavin Newsom in his podcast. I know you were talking earlier about you're not sure who Gavin Newsom is, which is interesting observation because I know exactly what you mean, because he's there's a sort of sort of veneer to him that you wonder if you can get past. So that's it, right, I mean, but get ready because you know we're going to have a presidential campaign right with him at least a prim I just want to we'll talk about leadership, you know, or the lack of it, just crying. We're crying out for strong, effective leaders here in southern California.
Speaker 2: So who's going to fill that role?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I am driving out to the desert, so I'll be in the car for sixteen hours and I will listen to your whole show.
Speaker 4: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 13: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.