Speaker 1: Calaoca Shock Media.
Speaker 2: Boy. Second week of April. Already this year is flying. Hello. I'm Johnny Mack with your daily comedy news. Parental discretion advised on this episode after the commercial break, gonna talk a serious subject, right, so get rid of the kids. Let's start with Bill Burr. Did you see this video circulating on the social media's? Bill Burr was there at the Mark Twain Conan O'Brien thing mine in his own business more or less the most a canon on a red carpet of sorts, and a reporter asked Bill Burr a question. I will let Bill Burr handle this himself.
Speaker 1: How about your reaction to Beligi MAGGIONI is reading up you know that perhaps you've been supportive of what he did.
Speaker 2: What is your take on that?
Speaker 1: If you were reading up, I don't get you read up on it because I said what I felt about it, and I said what a lot of people he said took it that way? So could you clarify how? No, I'm not going to just have some controversial moments you can get clicks. I'm not doing that. I mean, I'm here to call it. I'm not I'm not doing all of this. What are you gonna bring up next to the Middle East? I went to summer school three out of four years in high school. I'm not qualified to talk about this. What are you warming?
Speaker 2: He said about Elon that he was ruining ear if I saw in the view, you're critical of him? What do you think of all the boycotts, even the violin?
Speaker 1: I don't watch the news. I don't watch the news. I have no idea what's going on. I watch Instagram. I watch people wipe out on motorcycles. I watch lions and hyenas fight each other. This is the things that I do. And I don't think you should be asking a comedian.
Speaker 2: Your journal medians are on top of current events.
Speaker 1: You're a no, no, that's that's weak that you guys passing the buck. You guys need to have balls again, which you don't. You guys always goes.
Speaker 2: Should we be thinking this?
Speaker 1: You guys present stuff like that. You guys used to have balls. You need to get your balls back. And it's not my job. I am a dancing clown.
Speaker 2: Wow, how do you really feel? Bill Awful Announcing was checking out the Flagrant with Andrew Schultz. Currently Andrew and retired NFL safety and NFL analyst Ryan Clark had been going back and forth as Offlin announcing recaps it. Schultz had riffed on the idea of Megan Marko cleaning up the British royal family and described the Black Girl for An Effect as women stressing their boyfriends out and slapping them a sidebar, palace intrigue. Wherever you get your shows, we talk about the Royal Family. I'm the writer about it. Today's episodes about Megan. Megan's Big podcast is out tomorrow, so tomorrow is gonna be about Meghan. Wednesday's gonna be about Meghan. It's gonna be a Megan kind of week. But back to Schultz. Clark had responded to the original Schultz segment on The Pivot, claiming that Schultz was racist. Schultz sat down for an interview on The Pivot himself and acknowledged the joke didn't land as well as it could have, but defended himself against the accusation that he is racist or the joke is racist. Andrew said the joke wasn't funny enough for how much it hurt people and their titles over they wuldn't feel about it. I just don't like getting into territory of that's how he really feels, and he's just using it a smoke screen for he really feels. And now what happened is I just wanted us to laugh. Clark explained that he believes can perpetuate stereotypes and give the audience permission to harbor negative views of certain types of people. Clark explained he believes Schultz can perpetuate stereotypes and give the audience permission to harbor negative views to people that might see that, they'll go, well, Andre Schultz made this stroke about black women and there were two black men sitting across from them. This must be true, so I can go behave like he behaves. Clark explained his intention was to use Schultz's comments to have a discussion, not to paint Schultz in any particular way. Schultz said, I hope that people maybe learn more about me and they say that I don't have bad intentions for people. I make fun of everybody. I hope that they learned that. But I understand that as I get there, we're gonna have these little things that we stumble across, and people's feelings are gonna be hurt, and it sucks. Well. That situation I thought people would see is I'm not doing that choke in front of two white guys in a room. I'm doing it where there are two black guys in the room as well. I thought it would communicate that there's good faith here, there's no real animosity or that kind of stuff. Joe List announced two projects. One the documentary Tom Dustin Portrait of a Comedian, also Joe List's fourth special small Ball, will start with the four Tom Dustin Portrait of a Comedian will hit theaters in LA and New York City on April twenty fifth. That'll go to nationwide May ninth. The indie documentary is directed and produced by Joe List. It offers an intimate glimpse into his enduring friendship with fellow comedian Tom Dustin through cannon conversations on anxiety, depression, and addiction, interwoven with intimate comedic performances film Key West. The film sheds light on the highs and lows of life and stand up comedy, and the complexities of a lifelong friendship. Meanwhile, small Ball, where can we see small Ball? Theaters one night only May twenty first. That's an aggressive play. I haven't heard anyone do that. We're going to go to the theater and watch Joe List comedy special in the era of Netflix, YouTube and even hilarious. You're asking a lot there, Joe. I root for you, but you're asking a lot there. Day of the week is May twenty first, a Wednesday. I have volleyball. I can't make it. Small Ball finds Joe List, tackling themes of fatherhood, friendship, and the absurdities of everyday life, shortly after the birth of his first child. Filmed at two separate Illinois Zanies clubs over the course of back to back evenings. It is Jolis fourth Special. Liz said, I am so overwhelmed with excitement to be releasing both my film and my comedy special in theaters across America. Going to the movies has always been my favorite thing to do since I was a little kid, and I'm so proud to get to show these in a cinema. To me, there's nothing more special than watching a movie in the dark with a strange group of people w come out. Bell discussed his return to comedy with The Herald Times Online. Bell said, I started my return last year. I'll tell you how quick American history moves. I think the conversation I started a set with was I think Biden might be told to be president. I think for me, the need to come back was that my wife saw me walking around the house talking to myself and laughing and was like, maybe you need to come back to comedy. I really thought I was retired. That's interesting. I didn't realize that. I just thought he was off doing TV projects. I really thought I was retired. But then I realized I sort of had the edge. And I've been away for five years, which is five years of personal stories to tell that I hadn't shared with an audience. Last time I did comedy, had two kids, and now I have three. So it's like, what's going on in the world, What's going on with me? How old is w come out Bell. I'm gonna guess forty seven. Answer is fifty two born January twenty sixth, nineteen seventy three. A little early to retire. You gott at least do a podcast out of your basement. You gotta keep yourself busy, trust me, come, I says in this era, I really love watching George Carlin because it does a great job at balancing where you can do this one liner that's amazing, and can also talk for ten minutes and not get one laugh and then get the laugh at the end. I think there's different ways to do comedy depending on the subject. They also asked him about Celebrity Jeopardy. Belle said, celebrities Jeopardy is always funny because people look at it and go, these are celebrities. I don't know any of these people. Well, we're the ones who are available. Tom Cruise isn't taking a call from Celebrity Jeopardy. You get come out Bell and his friends. Okay, I'm gonna do one more story, and then the second story here is going to be the one that I don't want your kids to hear. Okay, so get rid of the kids. But first, while you're kicking the kids out of the car, don't kick the kids out of the car. That's not a good thing to do, you know what I mean. Turn it off, hit pause, go in the other room, do something, but don't kick the kids out of the car. That's very dangerous. Daily Comedy News officially is again kicking kids out of the car. NBC is doing a tribute to Joe Rivers It's called Joan Rivers, a Dead Funny All Star tribute coming to NBC and Peacock in May. Joan passed away in September twenty fourteen. The special will premiere Tuesday, May thirteenth, ten East ten West on NBC, recorded at the historic Apollo Theater in New York City, will feature comedy titans like Rachel Brosnahan. Comedy titans like Rachel Brosnahan, one of the great comedians of our I mean, come on, you can't lead with Rachel there. I'm looking at the press release and they went in alphabetical order by last name, But you can't have the sentence. Comedy titans like Rachel Brosnahan. I'm sorry. Wonderful actress well known for her role in The Marvelous Missus Masel, but comedy Titan Carlin pryor Rachel Brosnahan, Is that what you're telling me? NBC press release? Come on, Margaret Schow, Nicki Glazer, Tiffany Hattish, Chelsea Handler, Neil Patrick, Harris, Bill Maher, Howie Mandel, Joe McHale, Tracy Morgan, Patton Oswald, Aubrey Plaza, the Comedy Titan Sarah Silverman Melissa Rivers, who is Jones's daughter and perfectly wonderful but not sure. Melissa Rivers is a comedy Titan, like also Jean Smart and Rita Wilson. The performers will deliver a mix of classic Rivers singers and modern stand up, and there will be musical bits. For some reason as well, I added the for some reason, an extended, uncensored version of the special premiere at May fourteenth on Peacock. It will feature more comics who will be announced later. Good Press releasing here. I'll read it verbatim. Given that I'm dead, I assume someone will finally decide to honor me. Well, it's about time, Rivers wrote in a letter she left for her daughter, Melissa Rivers. That's fun. I knew Joan. I worked with Joan. I've got Jones stories. I only have good things to say about Joan, even though we clashed heads. But I'll save those for another day. All right, you got your headphones on low. Kids are in the other room. You hit pause, they went to sleep. They're not around. Arguably this should have been the lead story today. But again, you know, this show's supposed to be fun and upbeat. It's Monday morning, so I didn't want to wake you up with this one. Russell Brand has been charged with rape and decent assault on sexual assault for incidents that took place between the years of nineteen ninety nine and two thousand and five. On Friday, the Metropolitan Police Service announced that the Crown Prosecution Service authorized them and to charge Russell Brand with one count of rape, one count of indecent assault, one count of oral repe and two counts of sexual assault following an investigation by detectives. He's set to appear at Westminster Magistrate's Court on May second. The charges are from four separate women. Brand is accused of raping one woman in England in nineteen ninety nine, indecently assaulting a second woman in London in one, orally raping and sexually assaulting a third woman in London in four and sexually assaulting a fourth woman in London between four and five. Russell Brand responded on social media. He posted on x I've never engaged in non consensual activity. I pray that you can see that by looking in my eyes. From there, there's nowhere to take this podcast today, so let's wrap it up and I will see tomorrow,