Speaker 1: The reason I'm bringing this up. This is no scoop, This is nothing like that.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to throw it out there as like a what if and just in case it happens, people go, oh, well, Travis, it was honest all right.
Speaker 1: Because it didn't happen after going Home.
Speaker 2: But if everyone take themselves back twenty nineteen, Far from Home comes out, ends on end credit, you know, Stinger spider Man reveal, and then it goes on become the first ever spier Man that makes a billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Right, and then a.
Speaker 2: Few weeks later or whatever, Sony says, hey, we're down with the Marvel partnership. Spider Man's gonna be back on his own. I'm not saying that I think that's gonna happen here, but I I think it is. Uh, I would not be surprised.
Speaker 1: I could just say, I fick.
Speaker 2: I know for a fact there's gonna be somebody there at Sony that's looking around going do we still need them now? Granted could be a great partnership that they still will continue. I can't remember what Marvel gets for the money wise, and maybe it's enough for them. They go, okay, you know, if it's twenty five percent thirty that's fine, you need to take that money. I don't even know that's what it is. I'll have to lookal tears talking. But I'm just saying because they did it once, and I feel, especially especially after Doomsday happens, and let's say Spiermn beats Doomsday, I do think they're in a position to just go, Hey, Aaryon loves Tom Holmes and Dad. Now, I think technically they still have a contract because everyone forgets far from Home was the end of that, and then they were done the contract, right, they signed another contract with Marvel. They did no way Home. That meant they still owed Marvel one more right, so like a like an appearance, that appearance never happened. That's happening in Doomsday, which we think might be.
Speaker 1: Toby and or whatever.
Speaker 2: We think it's Toby, so that's happening there. But then people gotta remember is they did brand new Day, so that means they are still old. Mcu is stone no bulloons. Mcu is still owed one more Spiderman appearance, which I imagine would be Secret Wars. So I'm saying, technically, I think after Secret Wars, unless something gets signed between now and then which they should, especially with Tom. I'm gonna say, if Sony did not sign Tom to a multiple picture, because everyone might forget this too after No Way Home, he didn't have a contract. If he doesn't have a contract after Brand New Day, Sony is gonna pay out the ass to this fucking kid and MJ because like it's just because like these like how can they not go in there and ask for a raise after a nearly billion dollar weekend? They have like Sony over a barrel. So I'm just saying, I'm very curious after Secret Wars, once all the mcu inspierment contracts have all been paid up and they're good to go, and if there's no contracts, Terry, do you think there's a world where Sony could ever get bold because one time they tried it and then they backed off. Do you think in a world where they have a Spider Man movie beat up Vengers movie, let's say that does happen, do they look around and go, you know what, I think we could do this without them? Right now? You know, I think we could. We could because all these I'm not saying they could, but they at one point try to write after Far from when they walked away and then they walked it back. But do you think if we live in a world where even if Spiderman beats one of those Avengers movies, do you not think someone at Sony's like, well, like, do we need to keep him around?
Speaker 1: Can we not do this by ourselves? I don't say what we think. I'm saying what they think?
Speaker 3: Oh what do they think?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: I think that they would think that I really.
Speaker 1: Do, because there's more money on the table if they break away from Marble. Well, that's that's right.
Speaker 3: And it's like if you're you know, you go to your job, you're working for your boss, you know, you're operating machines whatnot, and you realize, you know, I can do this, and I could just startup my own company doing what I do, and just like, why do I gotta make money for my boss? I can make money for myself. I've got Sony. Sony could just be like, all right, Tom, here's a bunch of money. Let's, you know, come side by side with Jared leto here and our Morebus two movie.
Speaker 1: I don't think Jared was in the mornings too, but I think so here's what it is. I forget to say it.
Speaker 2: So they they get twenty five percent in the process of profits, and they co finance swimming five percent the productions cost, so they do pay some into it. But so Sony every time this movie coming out is cutting twenty five percent of.
Speaker 1: The check to Marble.
Speaker 2: I mean, in this money a billion to two billion dollars twenty five percents a lot.
Speaker 3: Going at it on your own means that you're going to forego a lot of the connections here with these other characters people, all of them. Yeah, people really love seeing Spider Man involved with a pre established universe, right. I think that cameo that he had in Civil War was just the absolute best of the best that could have done for him. So to go edit on their own, eliminating all of that, I don't know. I feel like Tom Hardy's Venom would have been more successful in the MCU because if you just have him on his own, I mean, I think that's a pretty good example of just your Spider Man, you know, yeah, Sony Spider Man kind of equivalent. So I just I just don't think the juice is there for Sony to do it on their own. I really don't, Or is he I think, there you go, they got their their own Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Right, So do you think let's play the scenario they pull away and let's not talk about quality movie. We don't know, and it doesn't matter because you have movies like Minecraft making close to billion. Right, Let's say Cicar Wars happens, Spider Man five rolls around, Marvel's are no longer involved. Do you not think if it's just Spider Man, if it's Tom Malins and Day or jacobat alone and then versus some Spider Man villain, you don't think that we can make a billion dollars? Oh, because here's my argument here. Yeah, because my argument is far from home. Sure you got Nick Fury in there, but I don't think that's a big draw getting people. I think the connection with the MSCU is, but the big draw of that no no way home other than doctor Strange, which I'm sure in the Spider Man mythos you could find some fucking magical character. All that nostalgia is Spider Man Sony, it's Andrew Toby and their villains. Right with this, I would argue, and I get it. They loaded it up right, there's a characters there.
Speaker 1: We won't talk about.
Speaker 2: But still they got let's say, two other characters, and then they got Punisher in Hulk. But I would still argue that I don't think the GA is really like Punisher in Hulk is like the defining like, oh, I got to see Spider Man because of them, I believe.
Speaker 1: More or so strange.
Speaker 2: I believe more so on Iron Man, but I don't think Punisher in Hulk. I think that's why you have multiple MSU characters in this because we said before instead of getting like one S tier, we're gonna give you like two to three like B tier A tier one.
Speaker 1: They kind of like stack up to that.
Speaker 2: Right, So I think the way that's stat when I said, what was the official number there, it was thirty nine percent went for Tom Holan and twenty nine percent went for Sendea.
Speaker 1: So what is that to get?
Speaker 2: That's that's over fifty percent of the people that are just going for this couple. So and that's a good thing if you do sperm in five. And I don't want this to happened, Don't get me wrong, I don't want this happened.
Speaker 1: One stick. Let's keep going, let's keep these connections going.
Speaker 2: Yes, but also too next year if everything goes to plan or beyond, the Spider Verse comes out. We've said before that that's clearly and Tomlin's talk about passing off to Miles again, that's.
Speaker 1: Something they don't need, Marvel.
Speaker 2: Do they own Miles morause they don't have to do figging stuff like that, right, So what I would say if they were, if they paid me, Travis Nail would be like, how do we make this work? I know you don't want how do they make this work? Is yet you pull away? And what you do is that twenty five percent and it could be less, but twenty five percent you have to pay Marvel. You just make sure you go and get great writers and directors, get a Philip Lord and Chris Miller or get whoever.
Speaker 1: Don't just get like though.
Speaker 2: It could be but like you, you could get somebody right like you. There's people for that money wise, right, maybe even Daniel doesn't Kredtin, we'll direct that movie for if you pay them a big lumpsun. There's tons of directors out there, right, So I'm not saying it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I would not be surprised.
Speaker 2: I'm not pizza bit anybody but if we were to ever wake up to the headline of yet Secret Wars, last time Tom Hollins in the universe, I wouldn't be surprised because they try to do and why wouldn't it If they have the hot shit, have we beat one of the Avengers movies, why would they not. I just feel like they're gonna be exactly like, we can do this without them.
Speaker 1: We can make this money. We don't need them, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's where in a time where money can be tough in box off, especially to me, especially if they beat both Avengers movies. If we're in scenario where Spider Man beats Doomsday and Secret Wars, then I think it's in a in a big bind for them not to pull the shoot and say, hey, let's go make more money and get this out of here, you know. So you know for sure, and at least with the MSU they got F four, Now they got X Men, they wouldn't need them per se.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, uh, you know, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I'm not making a prediction, but I'm just saying it's I'm very curious how we got to see how all this plays out in the next little bit, and uh, we'll kind of go from there, but let me pull up