Speaker 1: It's night time with Dan Ray on Delli Fleazy Boston News Radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much, Dan, As we move into the third hour here, this is sort of halfway through the week. I'm off on Friday night, so I will be with you tomorrow night, and then I will be here for the next two weeks, beginning again on Monday night. We will have our great friends the admissions director of Harvard and Boston College, Bill Fitzimmons of Harvard and Grant Goslin of Boston College. And as I said, if any of you have either children, grandchildren, neighbors, children, members of your extended family who are thinking about applying to colleges, if they're freshman, sophomores, and juniors, now is the time. This is an opportunity for them. On Monday night, December ninth, to listen to two veteran college admissions directors Means of Admission, and they will answer questions from students and parents. So there's a lot of information to absorb. It's like drinking from a fire hose. If it's the first time you have a child in your family applying to college, it's a staggering responsibility. And Bill Fitzsimmons and Grant Goslin, do give us the time. Bill fitz Simmons, particularly, We've done this show for eighteen years every year here on Night Side, and he's been a trooper for us. Grant Goslin, after John Mahoney was elevated from the Dean of Admissions at Boston College to Provot, Grant has been Mahoney's replacement and he's done just as great a job as John Mahoney did. So again, this is an opportunity for students to call in parents, grandparents, just get the word out to your family. This is really appointment radio listening on Monday night at eight o'clock December ninth. And also if you are involved in a chair and it has to be a legitimate charity, it doesn't have to be a five oh one C three, it's nice if it is. We've already booked several for our end of the year program, the night Side Charity Combine, which will be on Friday night, December twentieth. It's amazing how many people in our community and beyond are doing such great work, volunteering their time, volunteering their skills to help others, and it could be it's just such a wide variety, the tapestry of charities that exist private charities. We're not talking about the government here, we're talking about private charities. And we love to highlight and focus. So if you're involved in a charity, have whoever's the head of your charity, give us a call. Rob can give you my direct line. He'll give you Marita's direct line. Marita is very easy to reach during the day. She'll be available at seven eight one three five zero one seven two six. You can email me at Dan Ray at iHeartMedia spelled the lot then correctly we will line you up. I was talking today to Ian Fidrich, the widow of the great Major League pitcher Mark Fidrich from Massachusetts, whose career was cut short and who lost his life at a very early age. But in Mark's memory, they do a program in central Massachusetts to provide baseball equipment to kids who otherwise might not be able to afford it. A wonderful charity and they will be highlighted on the night of December twentieth. Then your charity can be as well. Just let us know. We need like a daytime phone number so I can call someone during the day and tell them what time they'll be on. No travel is involved. We used to do it at the iHeart studio in Medford or at the CBSWBZ studio over on soldiers Field Road, but this is not done all remotely via telephone. Now, I want to talk about a very interesting comment that President elect Trump made on Monday. This is a story I'm quoting from out of the New York Times. He was writing on truth Social without naming any militant group. Mister Trump said in his post quote, if the hostages are not released prior to January twentieth, twenty twenty five, and not of course, of the day that he will be inaugurated, the date that I probably assume office as President of the United States, there will be all caps now, all hell to pay in the Middle East, and for those in charge who perpetrated these atrocities against humanity. Those responsible will be hit harder than anybody has been hit in the long and storied history of the United States of America. Caps full caps, Release the hostages. Now. We started off with about two hundred and fifty hostages or aptured by the Hamas led attack. Quoting now from an article from Ephret Livney. According to Israeli authorities. There are now about one hundred they believe who are still alive and in custody of Hamas. So I want to know from you, whether you are a Trump supporter or you voted for one of his opponents in the last election, what do you think of this? He really has laid down a challenge to Hamas. If Hamas decides to release the hostages in advance of his inauguration, as Iran did before Ronald Reagan took office in nineteen eighty one, it would be a big political victory for Donald Trump. If Hamas does not, then the question is what does Donald Trump do because he obviously you don't make a threat, a threat of that magnitude without being prepared to follow through on it. So I'd love to know what you think. This is a It kind of came out of the blue. We're involved in well two right now world hotspots Israel the Middle East, no question, Hesblah. I think has been defanged. Hamas has been defanged. But Hamas holds hostages. That is the one card they have left to play. It will be interesting to see what is done by President Trump if the hostages are not released. If they are released, it will be a brilliant stroke. If they're not released, then the question becomes, Okay, mister president, you are now president. You threatened some pretty serious reprisal. What are you going to do? What do you think Donald Trump will do? And do you think the hostages will be released? The other hot spot around the world, well, at this point remains Ukraine, the Ukraine Russian War, which Donald Trump says he can have an influence in ending those hostilities. At the same time, now we have a crisis brewing in South Korea. God knows what designs China has on Taiwan.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He's inheriting some pretty serious problems around the world from the Biden administration, and I think we are We're in for some interesting times. I'm going to take a break. I'm going to open up the phone lines six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty. Three lines are open there. I have one line open at six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. What do you think about Donald Trump's statement? Is it bravado? I mean, it's it puts him out there on a limb. If the hostages are not released, then what card does he play again? He's saying that they will be hit harder than anybody has been hit in the long and storied history of the United States of America. Released the hostages. Now, I pray that Hamas does the right thing and releases the hostages. But I fear that many of the hostages have passed already, and the ones that do remain, I'm not sure Hamas will give them up because after that, what happens to Hamas. It's complicated. You have the numbers six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty is the only line now where there are some open lines at six seven, two, four ten thirty. Let's get it going here. I think we are going to have a very dramatic change in administrations, whether you've voted for Donald Trump or not, and a dramatic change in the posture that we as a country will be taking around the world. Will we will probably adopt a different posture in regards to Ukraine, and we certainly, I think will adopt a stronger posture in terms of Israel in the Middle East. Back on Nightside, right after this very quick break, let's open up those phone lines.
Speaker 1: Rob Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about Donald President elect. Donald Trump's threat to hamas very simple, release the hostages. They'll be all hell to pay. Those responses will be hit harder than anybody's been hit in the long and storied history of the United States of America. Released the hostages. Now, all caps, let's go to Marty. Marty, your reaction to the to the president's challenge, his ultimatum. I guess we could call it what's your thoughts?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: All two things. One, I hope he's going to do it. And it reminds me of when Muhammar Kadafi, who I feel sorry for what happened at the end when he told the United States this is the Gulf of Sidra, this is red the line of death. If you cross it, we're going to kick your butt. Ronald Reagan sent in some forces and kicked his butt. So it's reminiscent of that. I hope that Donald Trump is going to do it. I will say one thing to be fair, I remember in his first term he made some sort of a threat about Iran and he didn't come through. Now, as a former cop in the street, we call that wolf tickets. When you say something and don't produce. I would like for Donald Trump to produce, and if he does, all of us will benefit. Also, what I'd like for him to do is a little bit of an extra is take care of the hooties because they're they're making us take little sissies and they're attacking ships and doing nothing about it. And then let me tell you a parenthetical note. Are you familiar with that? In the sixties it was Britain's fight they had the special the Sas over there.
Speaker 2: I believe, so I probably don't recall, so.
Speaker 5: I mean the more historian anyway, So I hope that Donald Trump will do it. It sounds very good, and he's just doing it because it has to be done, because those the the Hamas, they're not they're not doing good things they're doing they're not just they're not nice.
Speaker 2: We agree Hamas is horrible. My question is if they now. I remember the the the Reagan inauguration. I was supposed to cover that for wv's Channel four, and at that point they released the Iranian hostages after four hundred and forty four days, and I ended up going to Wisbad in West Germany to to find the mass There a couple of Massachusetts hostages. They're Bill Key. Oh and there was also a fellow who had really I think been a CIA operative, sadly died in an automobile accident back here in mass Issusetts a few years later. What do you think Trump will do? I mean, he's he's he's he's leveled a threat. It's when you level that threat, you got to follow through. I think if and.
Speaker 5: Let me just say also as a former military, two year veteran of the army, I think that if he does decide to take action, real action, the military will love it. The military will love it because they will be motivated to go in and do something to attack the bad guys. So I hope he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Do you do you? I don't think that he is going to send US troops in there.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, Singly, the war has been fought by airstrikes and by drones.
Speaker 2: Right, and then I mean that Hamas has been pulverized u by by air attack. The other thing too, is from Hamas's point of view. And I'm not a Hamask guy at all, as you know. No, why would they release the hostages? First of all, they should release the hostages on a humanitarian ground. But they don't have any humanity within them. They are looking at their hostages as they get out of jail card I mean, they're they're maybe their escape out of Gaza. If once they do, they have left.
Speaker 5: I hear what you're saying. But if you look at how Syria is falling apart, and and all of those countries over there are just losing whatever, I think maybe somebody will prevail and say, listen, let's give them up, because holding them is not going to do any good.
Speaker 2: Absolutely good. Agree with him more, Marty. Appreciate your callers always.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: By the way, I want to ask you, are you still there, Marty? Yes, yeah, very quickly. I don't want to change topics here, but as a former police officer in New York City, I'm sure you saw that horrific shooting today of the executive I guess, the CEO of United Healthcare. How tough is it going to be, in your opinion, to capture that assailant who seemed to have pulled it off as as close to flawlessly as possible. I mean, I'm assuming that he eventually will be caught, but he certainly picked the time and the place and you have to wonder if there's some inside information that he had to know exactly where that gentleman was who he shot in the back of the coward that he.
Speaker 5: Was, Well, it sounds it sounds like it was a professional hit. I think I heard that the shooter has gone misfired and.
Speaker 2: He dropped a few three times, and.
Speaker 5: He dropped some bullets. So the city, this is a high profile thing in New York NYPD. When they have something like this, they're amazing. And then they have all of the closed circuit video and everything, and the guy made a mistake of doing it where he's on camera, so and then they're gonna use their their like resources.
Speaker 2: So I he's gonna be look, unless he's going to shoot the guy in the woods or something, he's going to be on camera in most major cities. And there's plenty of video of him at this point. But they lose him once he rides his bike in a central park. Hopefully now they can pick him up.
Speaker 5: At some We think we think over here that it was somebody a disgruntled insurance person and maybe they didn't get a claim settled.
Speaker 7: Or something like that.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's going to be anything intrigued, like an international hit man or anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm close to closer to you to where you're thinking. Mardy. I appreciate eat you call.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, Thanks for the respect. Thank you, babai, welcome, good night.
Speaker 2: Six one seven, two, five, four to ten thirty, triple eight nine two nine ten thirty and six one seven ninety three one ten thirty. I'm not going to short change anyone here, So I got will, I got Gene coming up. We'll get to them, I promise, and we'll get to you. All you have to do is call six one, seven, two, five four ten thirty or six one, seven, nine three one ten thirty. Donald Trump on Monday, on his social media account, essentially said to Hamas, release the hostages before I come prepp, before he becomes president, and if the hostages are not released, he will hit Hamas harder than any group. Let me quote his words here just to set this up. He basically said, release the hostages now, capital letters those responsible without mentioning Hamas, that's what he's talking about, will be hit harder than anybody has been hit in the long and storied history of the United States of America. Will be all hell to pay in the Middle East. So you don't issue a threat like that unless you intend to follow up, assuming the other side does not comply with the threat. The question I have is what do you think Donald Trump has in mind? And clearly Benjamin Netanyahoo is welcoming Donald Trump as the next president of the United States, and I think it's a good development for Israel. As you know, I'm I'm not Israeli, I'm not Jewish, but I'm very supportive of the nation of Israel and all that it represents. So but I but again, you issue a threat, it's like drawing the line. You know, you cross this line. Okay, you've crossed that line. Let's move a little further. What about this line now? I think with Donald Trump, people have to take action. My question is what do you think it'll be Back on Nightside, fill up these phone lines, coming back right after the news at the bottom of the hour on a chili Wednesday night early Well, it's late fall, actually it's a wind. It's a late fall winter night here in New England.
Speaker 1: Nights Side with Dan Ray, I'm WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones, you go, let me go to Gene and averteen. You're next on Nightside. We're talking about Donald Trump's threat against Tomas. Go ahead, Gene, Hi.
Speaker 3: Dan, Yes, I'm glad you're talking about this. I'm so tired of this not being being acknowledged on a daily basis out there in the news and through politicians and Washington and everything else. I'm just so tired of not hearing about these hostages. I mean, come on, this is so ridiculous. Something has to be done, and I think Donald Trump is the one to do it. Where I grew up, it was a very very tough area, and I know when things went wrong and people were bothered, there was either an uncle or an aunt or our cousin or someone who would take care of the matter and would never happen again. Donald Trump's that guy. I'm telling you. I feel that he's that guy, because you know what these Hamas did to these kids who were only at a concert and their families, and it was the most horrible, horrific. I mean, just like so inhumane and animalistic what they did that they need to be taken care of.
Speaker 2: They don't. Let's assume they released the hostages. If they released the hostages, it is a tremendous victory, a tremendous victory for president then it would be President Trump, or if they release him before he becomes president, for President Electrum. If they decide not to release the hostages, what do you think happens.
Speaker 3: Then Well, I think they'll they'll they'll have hell to pay. I think they will be hell to pay for these hamas. There's going to be hell to pay these poor hostages. We can only imagine how their daily life have been if they're still alive and can even function. And I wish the families would not pose, not put the pictures up of their sons and daughters any longer, because I feel like as soon as the amass sees that recognizable faith, they last time that was done, they killed that poor hostage because the parents wanted him released. Don't show your kids' pictures anymore, because to me, it pinpoints that, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well they have the hostages in their custody. At the same time, I'm sure that that the parents are re a lot of advice and guidance from our State Department, from the government of Israel, and I'm sure they're doing what they consider to be the.
Speaker 3: Best I know. I just feel I just feel don't show the kid's faces anymore because if they want to make it worse for the parents, they killed the kid the next day. They did it the last time. It was terrible. I can't take it. I do want Trump to do something. Somebody has to finally. Thank you, Dan, have a good evening you too.
Speaker 2: Let me go next to Will on Long Island. Will welcome back. How are you sure?
Speaker 7: Hey, Dan, How's how's your holiday?
Speaker 2: Had a great holiday? I hope you did as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I had a pretty good time. And I went to Bermuda, I went to North Carolina. I did a few things. The past couple of weeks. I haven't spoken to him.
Speaker 2: Wow, So you were surprising billion Americans whatever the number was who were traveling air travel. Well, that was only three million of you doing air travel. But that's still quite like the group.
Speaker 7: Go right ahead, So I I think. I think, first off, it starts with massive pressure on Iran, an increased presence in the Persian Gulf and the Straight of hor moves and just starting to send in a lot of military and mobilizing, and Iran really is going to be the one that's pressured through all of this. Okay, and I think I would you know, I Marty had a great call, but I would disagree that, you know, we didn't do anything to Iran. I think Solamani would disagree with that also, wherever he is now. I would also say that, you know, Iran is obviously the funder of all of this. Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism. Iran has called for the death of Israel for decades at this point in the United States, I think that in September, Trump also said what he said, will bomb them to smithereens. And I believe even if they had threatened the life of Joe Biden, if Joe Biden were the former president, Donald Trump would stand steadfast and say this thing. I'm not sure that this is political. This is in November of twenty twenty, after the election, I posted on my Facebook page, I said, weak American leadership is not only a detriment to the United States, it's a detriment to the entire world. And then not because I had a crystal ball, because I knew we were putting a mentally incompetent person in the White House.
Speaker 2: Okay, and back, let's leave that aside. Let's focus on what we're talking about tonight, which is let's assume that the hostages, Donald Trump puts his hand to the Bible sworn in, and the hostages is still held by Hamas. What do you think President Trump does? I mean, I know you talked about putting economic pressure, but the language would suggest that there was going to be a direct response against those I can quote it for you. You probably know as well as I do. He's saying those be responsible will be hit harder than anybody's been hit in the long and storied history of the United States. Do you represent? Do you think that means Iran as opposed to homage.
Speaker 7: Let's use the words responsible. There are a couple parties responsible. It's not just TOAMAS, you know, it's also the funders of TAMAS, and we know who they are. So the people responsible, I'm sure as his administration on folds, are going to directly tie this to Iran. And Iran is also going to have health to pay, and I wouldn't be surprised. I disagree with Marty a little bit. The United States may not put ground troops per se, but I would not be surprised to see tactical units go in, possibly seal teams and stuff like that to going and extract hostages in conjunction with the Israelis. I wouldn't be surprised to see advisors in there and people on the ground. I wouldn't be surprised to see our drone operators and people in there. I wouldn't be surprised to see actual our battleships and aircraft carriers and carry out actual missions against the I asked the question.
Speaker 2: Here's why I asked that question, Okay, And I'm not trying to challenge you on it. I'm simply asking. He says, the will be hell all hell to pay the Middle East and for those in charge who perpetrated these atrocities against humanity. That sounds more like AMAS. Okay, those responsible will be hit harder than anybody's been hit in the long and storied history of the United States of America. Released the hostages now, So if the first represents those who perpetrated the atrocities are hamas and those responsible are around. Look, we drop two nuclear weapons, two atomic weapons on Japan in nineteen forty five.
Speaker 7: Well, we know that Trump is We know that Trump is bombastic. And if we think about the hell that the United States has unleashed on its enemies. Yes, I find it hard to believe we're going to do anything more drastic than the two atomic bombs we dropped on Japan. However, I think that we are sending a clear message, which we have not done at all under this administration, what side we're on, and that we are definitely not taking military conflict off the table, and we're positioning ourselves to let the Middle East and the world know what side we're on and who the enemies are, Okay, and that is something that has been.
Speaker 6: Just not there for the past four years.
Speaker 2: And again, there's nothing that you're saying retroactively that I'm going to disagree with. My question comes down, what do you think He's basically made a threat that says, if you don't do this, they'll be all hell to pay. And he specified a little bit. Let's assume he's president. It's noontime, it's twelve thirty, it's one o'clock, it's two o'clock, the hostage is still being held. What does he do with that point he's issued an ultimatum. Has he backed himself into a corner?
Speaker 7: A little bit? Definitely? But I'll say this, you know Trump, right now is not in the position that he was in the first time, or Biden was in this last four years. He does not have to worry about running for reelection. I know that the man is not a war hawk, and he does not like war. However, I think he realizes this time that we have to take a clear stance in military conflict with Iran. Maybe on the horizon. I mean, let's face it, it's been on the horizon for a long time. And now that they're on the verge of having a nuclear weapon, he's spoken and said recently they will never have a nuclear weapon. He may use this as an excuse, like we used weapons of mass destruction for our invasion of Iraq, he may use this as an excuse for an invasion of Iran. I would not put that past him, and I would not put that past the position.
Speaker 2: I hope he's not thinking that way, because Iran has the fifth largest army in the world. I think that would be a cataclysmic mistake. But guess what you gave me an answer. Let's see people react to what you had to say. Because I think that I think that you never know with Donald Trump, and I.
Speaker 7: Think that I think that there is a clock ticking on a military conflict with Iran. And I think that the domination.
Speaker 2: Of that November of nineteen seven, right high.
Speaker 7: Right, and I think that it's going to come to a head right here in this administration. I really do believe that. And I really do believe that if there ever is going to be a conflict with them, it's going to be now.
Speaker 2: Well, when if and when that happens, Or won't you call back and take a victory lap, as I tell callers.
Speaker 7: Oh, and it wouldn't be Dan, It wouldn't be itself out there, Dan. It wouldn't be a victory lap for anybody. But it may have to be the thing that has to be done.
Speaker 2: We would be a victoryp if the hostages were released, that's for sure.
Speaker 7: That would be a victory lap. I agree, I agree, all right, Thanks.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much. Bill. Six point seven two five four to ten thirty is one line at six point seven nine three one ten thirty. I've read to you what Donald Trump has said. He will be president of the United States, no question. On January twentieth. Has he backed himself into a corner or has he issued with an ultimatum that is long overdue. Feel free to join the conversation. Come right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World nights Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We are in the Window World night Side Studios and we're about to talk one of my favorite callers, Danielle in Worster. Danielle Welcome. How are you doing?
Speaker 4: Hey Dan? How good are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing just great? Thanks for calling in. Hope you and yours had a great Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Thank you we did. I hope you as well.
Speaker 2: We sure did. So what do you think about Donald Trump's challenge to amass threat whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I would expect nothing less from him. But and I'm I apologize in advance if I sound ignorant, but I have to ask, do we know that these hostages are alive?
Speaker 2: Well? I assume, thanks to show people is really intelligence. I'm just answering the question. I assume Israeli intelligence has a pretty good idea. We don't have any certainty, but but one of the reasons that I think some of them should be alive is that might be a card that Hamas could play uh in desperation that we will, you know, allow us safe passage out of here, you know, the leadership in exchange for the hostages. What I could see that happen.
Speaker 4: I pray, I mean, I pray that they're alive. That's my biggest like sphere is you know, I remember, you know, back in the day, you'd watch the news and they'd show somebody on a you know, one of those people with the masks over the head, and they'd show the hostage and to be a white background and be gardening them with swordmer Remember those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those were particularly when isis.
Speaker 4: Uh, yeah, I remember. But I'm just saying, like, you don't see anything like that. So I just pray and pray that these poor people are alive. I mean, God, that's just giving me anxiety and itself.
Speaker 2: But well, the other thing too is that they were they were they were hidden underground, and they were in a war zone. So it's possible some of them could have been killed by mistake, some of them could have been killed in bombardment. But my sense is that probably some, if not all, are alive. Because again I think that if I'm Hamas, if I put myself on Amasa's shoes, I'm thinking to myself, dead hostages have no value to Hamas. Live hostages may have significant value to get them, you know, out of the out of Gaza into a country that would take them.
Speaker 4: Is it possible they would show live footage to you know, our government, but that it doesn't make it. They keep it top secret and they don't share it with the media so that we don't know means so that there's no further harm.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think.
Speaker 4: There's no like intelligence that they're allied to we don't know about, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure the Israeli government has intelligence. I'm sure the Israeli government has individuals and people within within Hamas. They have assets. I mean, there's there's no country in the world who has better intelligence than Israel. They have to be to have survived.
Speaker 4: This long okay, right, right, But I mean I I think he'll do I don't seey he wouldn't put his money where it's not those he's shown me he's done that before.
Speaker 2: We'll see, you know, we will see what we will see what he does. You know. Obviously, if all of a sudden, Hamas says we're releasing the hostages because we don't want to have to deal with this new president, or maybe they would do it, you know, despite I think the Iranian hostages were released as a common adation of trying to establish better relations with the United States with the new president than Ronald Reagan. And also in spite despite the guy who was going out the door in that case, Jimmy.
Speaker 4: Carter, Yeah, you know. And then as far as the poor United Healthcare guy, I mean, Brian Thompson, I think his name is right. You know, I'm gonna be the elephant in the room. But with this being what looks like a professional job, go back and read the article about that. When they interviewed his wife after it was done, I thought that I thought it was interesting that she was so quick to talk to the media. I just God, I couldn't even put myself to think if that was me. But I don't think I could put a sentence together that were me.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people are in shock. Sometimes people in shock, and the and the media is has a voracious appetite. Sure that he is a well known figure in many in Minnesota where the health is based, and I'm sure that they had local television camera crews there, and the his wife might have given something to the media just to get them away from her house. Just I've bet in those situations and they're not pleasant for anyone. That's for sure.
Speaker 4: Had gotten threats.
Speaker 2: A lot of people get a lot of people get threats, but that was as close to a a hit as I have ever seen.
Speaker 4: Well, so that's what's weird. I mean, they knew where he was. I mean, he's not even in Minnesota, so just you know, we got to look at I mean, they.
Speaker 2: Knew this guy, knew exactly what he looked like.
Speaker 5: This guy knew where the meeting was at the time, and I.
Speaker 2: Was so who had access to his schedule within But anyway, I don't want to go off down that line. We could do an hour on that later, Danielle. As always, we will talk soon. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sounds good. Thanks for having me talk.
Speaker 2: To you soon. Good night. Let me go to Roger and Melrose. Roger, your take on Donald Trump's threat to Hamas What do you.
Speaker 6: Think it's just him talking nonsense? What is it that US can do to Israel is not doing to these people already?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a good question. I don't have an answer for that. But when when you make a threat like that, whether it's in a barroom and you say to some some guy, you don't want to go outside and settle this, and the guy says yes. At that point, what do you do, now, go outside and settle it. You got well on second thought.
Speaker 6: And then the other one is the Senate in the Congress is not going to allow the president put troops into Iran anywhere. We didn't know. That has to go through the legislative branch. And they're not going to approve us putting soldiers on the ground.
Speaker 2: They could they do under under the War Powers Act. They allow I think a ninety day deployment. So if for example, there was a use for you know, Navy seals or you know special forces type operation for example, there was no advance approval to the best of my knowledge, when Osama bin Laden was dealt with. You know, I think that was done by the military, and I don't think that that situation an He wanted to the Oval office and said, look, guys, I want you to know, a couple of nights from now Osa have been Laden is going to go scuppers up. I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And in a way I agree with you, Dan, But like I said, what else can he do that. Israel hasn't done it. The Israel's bombing the hell out, What is the US going to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the problem is they have hostages. So even if you wanted to hit him with a with a big weapon, even at ted him with a tactical nuke, what's that going to do to the hostages?
Speaker 6: And that'll upset the world oil supply, That'll just totally dismantle the Middle East. That's not the move to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, he certainly has not out there, and it will be remembered. I guarantee you that that if nothing happens, the media is going to be quick to remind him of the threat that he has issued.
Speaker 6: Right, true, that is true. But but the other line is definitely Israel has the right to defend themselves one thousand. But where is the attack on the US. There is no attack on the US over there. They're attacking an ally, but there's no threat to the United States from Hesbola and all those people over there.
Speaker 2: Well, again, I think that if hezbolah Ojamas were able to take out the government of Israel, that would have a tremendous impact in the Middle East and our interests over the.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that's much.
Speaker 2: We haven't the Middle East, but that's not.
Speaker 6: Gonna happen there. Israelis are actually very tough, resilient military. They can handle them. So they've been handled themselves for the last fifty sixty years.
Speaker 2: I understand that, but it comes a point in time where where they have been they have handled so much. We need to support Israel. I mean, that's that's.
Speaker 6: Why I do it, needs to defend themselves. But Dan, you made a good point. Maybe he wrote a check you can't cash.
Speaker 2: Maybe what we'll say, we'll see. I think that's exactly what some would fear. Roger, thank you for your call. I'm up against my eleven o'clock news, so I got to let you go reluctantly. Thank you very much. Dan, have a great one. Good night, and we'll take a quick break here as we approach the the eleven o'clock news. We have one hour left to go. I would like to continue to talk about this. You have the option of lighting up the lines or I will move on to something else. It's as simple as that. Okay, coming back on nightside