Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty wake Up Call with me Amy King on demand on the iHeartRadio app KFI and KOST HD two Los Angeles, Orange County.
Speaker 2: It's time for your morning wake up call.
Speaker 3: Here's Amy King.
Speaker 2: Welcome morning, five o'clock.
Speaker 1: Straight up. This is your wake up call for Friday, June thirteenth. Yep, Friday the thirteen. I'm hoping it's going to be my lucky day. I'm wearing my Dodger blue, going to the game tonight, taking on the Giants.
Speaker 4: Hope we win.
Speaker 2: Here's what's ahead on wake up Call.
Speaker 1: Israel has launched a wave of strikes against Iran, targeting its nuclear and long range missile facilities, along with military leaders and scientists. We're going to get the very latest on that from ABC's Geordana Miller in Jerusalem.
Speaker 2: She's joining us in less than five minutes.
Speaker 1: The California National Guard remains under the control of President Trump. A federal appeals court blocked a lower court ruling ordering the control of the Guard to be returned to Governor Newsom. There's going to be another hearing before the ninth US Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday. California has filed its twenty sixth lawsuit against the Trump administration, this time over electric cars. It comes after President Trump signed legislation that terminates California's ban on the sale of gas powered vehicles starting in twenty thirty five. The lawsuit argues the federal government is violating the state's rights to set its.
Speaker 2: Own clean air rules.
Speaker 1: One person miraculously survived the crash of the Air India plane into a neighborhood in western India. We're going to take a look at what caused the crash, what happens next, and of course the survivor with iHeart aviation expert Jay Ratliffe.
Speaker 2: That's coming up at five twenty.
Speaker 1: It is Friday the thirteenth, As I mentioned, why is this day thought to be so unlucky? We're going to dig into the origins a little bit. That's coming up at five point thirty. And what's new on the stream and in theaters that's coming up at five point fifty. And Hi, ho, I can see why it wasn't off to the theaters they go for this movie.
Speaker 2: We'll be tend telling you about.
Speaker 4: That right now.
Speaker 2: Let's get started.
Speaker 1: Some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. The ninth US Circuit Court of Appeals has temporarily blocked the ruling of a judge in San Francisco who said the Trump administration had to return control of the National Guard to California. The judge yesterday said Trump had not properly called up the Guard in the first place. Governor Newsom praised that decision.
Speaker 5: And hopefully Donald Trump will immediately back down. The courts have ruled on the Guard. They will be back under my command and he'll be really But.
Speaker 2: The Governor's victory was short lived.
Speaker 1: The appeals court said it would hold a hearing on the matter June seventeenth. The White House says the President exercised his lawful authority to mobilize the National Guard to protect federal buildings and personnel in La. So what that means, the short, long and short of it is the National Guard stays under the control of President Trump for now. Democratic US Senator Alex Padilla has been forcibly removed from a news conference in Westwood. Homeland Security Secretary Christy Nome was offering updates on the immigration raids in La Padilla interrupted the event and was forced out by Secret Service and FBI agents. He says his ejection was over the top.
Speaker 3: I was there peacefully. At one point I had a question, and so I began to ask a question. I was almost immediately forcibly removed from the room. I was forced to the ground.
Speaker 1: He was not wearing his congressional pin at the the time, identifying who he is. Nome was in LA to accompany federal agents during immigration enforcement activity. She says the raids in LA will not only continue, they're going to increase. The reaction to Senator Padilla's removal has been sharply partisan. House Speaker Mike Johnson says Padia's actions were wildly inappropriate.
Speaker 6: I think that that behavior, at a minimum, is it rise to the level of a century. I think there needs to be a message sent by the body as a whole that that is not what we are going to do. That's not how we're going to act.
Speaker 1: Other lawmakers have demanded answers. LA County Supervisor Lindsay Horveth called Padia's removal absolute insanity and an abomination. LA Mayor Bass has extended the curfew for downtown LA for another day and says it may continue for a few more days.
Speaker 2: She says the.
Speaker 1: Curfews have curtailed violence and vandalism, but she says the immigration raids need to stop too.
Speaker 7: We want peace to come to our city. The peace that we need to have happen needs to begin in Washington, and we need to stop the race.
Speaker 1: As so, she has reached out to talk with President Trump, but so far received no response from the White House. Let's say good morning this Friday morning to ABC's Jordanna Miller in Jerusalem. Geordana, We've got a lot to unpack this morning. Israel has launched attacks on Iran, targeting nuclear facilities and missile sites, also military leaders. The attacks started last night our time, which I believe was two am in Israel. So tell us what has happened and what is happening this morning, and.
Speaker 8: It's been a long day for us here. At about three am local time, sirens ring out across the country. And that wasn't because Iran was attacking or responding with any kind of drones or missiles, but simply the leadership here, the Defense minister and the Prime Minister decided they needed to wake up the entire country and let everybody know that Israel had embarked on a massive attack on Iran's nuclear facilities, on its military, its missile missile, ballistic missile program, taking out top military leaders, top nuclear scientists. This was, you know, a very complicated, again, wide scale attack that unfolded in wave after wave of airstrikes. And now we're even learning the Mosad, Israel spy agency managed to set up some local ways to attack Iran's capabilities, setting up a drone suicide drone attacks on Iranian soil and other weapons and detonating them at the time that this attack started. So I think, you know, right as it stands right now, I think Iran's in a kind of state of shock and awe. I think they did not expect this attack. It was a surprise attack. There was so much talk in the media, and I think everyone was convinced the Israelis wouldn't carry out any strikes without the blessing of President Trump, and he was publicly saying, don't do it, don't do it. We wanted diplomatic solution. Wait, and I think the Iranians mistakenly believed that as well, and so this strike took them completely by surprise. They were expecting something maybe next week. And so about two hundred aircraft carried out strikes on again, dozens of targets. It's still going on. In response, Aron fired about one hundred drones on Israel, but most of those have been shot down outside of Israeli territory. And since that initial siren at three am telling us a major military strike was underway in Iran, there haven't been any other sirens. So everyone here is restalking their safe rooms and their bomb rooms and just waiting until Iran really carries out its first major reprisal, which is expected to be you know, hundreds of ballistic missiles.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that has got to be a very anxious waiting game for the people in Israel. So now you just mentioned that people are kind of stalking up their safe rooms and their shelters and then you and then you just wait, and then when the sirens go off, you head into the shelters again.
Speaker 8: That's right, because the Israeli armies kind of preparing the public for several weeks of back and forth strikes between Iran and Israel. They're telling everybody and warning everybody this time when you go in your safe room, it's not going to be for ten minutes or half an hour. Right, you may have to stay in your safe room for many several hours, five hours, six hours, seven hours, eight hours. Right, you may have to sleep in your in there. So people are you know, early this morning, by six am all the stores, people were in the stores getting water and dry goods and write anything that they could get their hands on, because suddenly everyone had to restock and get their safe rooms ready to go, because you know, that's where people may be spending most of their time in the next couple of weeks. And you know that includes myself. I you know, I have a very i have a very underground bomb shelter that's across the street from my house. And I've also you know, I've restocked my bomb shelter and put my kids toys in there and blankets and you know, everything, because who knows, we could be in there, you know, for most of tonight or tomorrow or you know, so we're being prepared for several weeks of difficulty.
Speaker 1: Okay, and Jordana, before we let you go, do we know how successful the.
Speaker 2: Strikes have been so far?
Speaker 1: You mentioned there's some military leaders who were targeted and some facilit at nuclear facilities.
Speaker 2: How much success was the bombing rate.
Speaker 8: It appears it was pretty successful right now. You know, the Israeli say they significantly damaged Natans, which is one of two, one of the two most new and even the Iranians, even the Iranians are saying that Natans was very significantly damaged. On top of that, the Israelis successfully assassinated the head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, the Joint chiefs of Staff, the head of the Air Force, the general who does war and emergency planning. And the only top leader they didn't get was the Supreme Leader, i Ha Tolajomine, and it's unclear if Israel actually targeted him or not. But this is in terms of day one. You know, I think Israel scored major points. But this, you know, it's it's it's not a race, it's a marathon. So we'll have to see how things unfold in the coming in the coming weeks, okay.
Speaker 2: And we will be really days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, if it's anything like the last time when Iran launched like a thousand missiles that you guys, I remember we talked to you when you were in the shelter.
Speaker 8: So yeah, it was about that was about three hundred. It was actually three hundred and fifty. We were in the shelter for an hour, which felt like a long time. Now they're basically saying, hey, you know you could be in there for several hours.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so we will check in with you.
Speaker 1: Jordana, be safe and thanks so much for the information.
Speaker 2: All right, take care.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. No King's Day protests are planned in more than eighteen hundred communities to oppose President Trump's military parade.
Speaker 2: The parade through Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: Is being held tomorrow to celebrate the two hundred and fiftieth birthday of the Army. It's also Flag Day and it's President Trump's seventy ninth birthday. Up to a million people are expected to participate in the protests. One of the organizers says people showing up to protest peacefully is one of the most patriotic things you can do. American investigators say they will join authorities in India in looking into what caused an Air India plane to crash shortly after takeoff. Two hundred and forty one people died yesterday. There was one survivor. This man's brother says it's a miracle.
Speaker 9: When it was on the runway, more than Matad Corden and Usha said, Oh, we're going to take off soon. On the literary like two minutes later, he video quoted my dad Azi crush. He said, all things crushed.
Speaker 1: Vishwash Kumar Ramesh says he was supposed to pick up his two brothers when the plane landed in London.
Speaker 2: The other brother is believed to have died.
Speaker 1: Disbarred attorney Michael Avenatti, who represented porn actress Stormy Daniels in her lawsuit against President Trump, has been re sentenced to eleven years and three months in federal prison. That's down from his original sentence of fourteen years for his guilty plea for tax and wire fraud. With time served, he'll have to serve just under eight more years in prison. And the CIA is releasing dozens of additional documents in connection to the nineteen sixty eight assassination of former Senator Robert F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy.
Speaker 10: It's the third release of declassified papers after earlier batches in April and May. President Trump signed an executive order in January, calling for the publication of remaining classified documents concerning Kennedy's assassination, as well as former President John F. Kennedy and civil rights leader Martin Luther King. The extent of how much new information the documents reveal isn't immediately clear, but the latest release isn't expected to significantly shift the main view of the circumstances surrounding the former senator's death. Mark Ronner KFI News.
Speaker 1: The Israeli military says it had intelligence that Iran's nuclear program was reaching the point of no return. Israel launched what it called preemptive strikes on Iran, reportedly against military and nuclear sites. Israel has declared a state of emergency in the country as it anticipates Iran will retaliate. LA fire ground and marine units are investigating a reported leak of a polyester resin from inside a cargo container on an eleven hundred foot Singapore flagged cargo ship in San Pedro. Fire Cruiser called just after one this morning to check out the leak on the ship moored in the port of Los Angeles. LA Fire spokesman Brian Humphreys says no escalating.
Speaker 2: Or off site hazard has been identified.
Speaker 1: Forty years after Dark Helmet took over the screen, mel Brooks is announced a Spaceballs sequel is coming. Mel Brooks returns as Yogurt, Daphne's Niga is also back as Princess Vespa, Bill Pullman returns as a Lone Star, and Dark Helmet. Rick moranis is also coming back. It'll be released in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Let's say good.
Speaker 1: Morning now to iHeart aviation expert Jay Ratliffe.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Jay, Pleasant, good morning.
Speaker 1: So we wanted to talk to you today because of that horrific crash in western India. It was just it was such a bizarre one and so I mean it was it was only at six hundred and forty five feet. It happened like a one minute into the flight and it crashes, but it didn't nose dive. It looked like it just sort of lost altitude and just kind of sunk down.
Speaker 5: Yep, just kind of fell out of the sky, you're exactly right, kind of glided down and pancaked into the ground. It was just our horrific situation and it caught us off guard, in part because it was a Boeing seven eighty seven that airplane's been around for fourteen years. We've not had a single serious accident like this. After five million plus flights. That aircraft has carried more than a billion people around the world. Seventy nine airlines use the Boeing seven eighty seven, so it's a workhorse, a proven airplane that we haven't really had issues with. So to see this one kind of fall out of the sky as it did, it was really a concern. And of course when I first saw the video, the first thing that I'm looking for is if the aircraft was in distress, meaning if they had ingested birds or something had happened. You'd see evidence of that coming from the engine. You would see smoke or fire or something along those lines, indicating the engine or engines were at peril. But none of that was evident. There was no terraced type thing where anything blew up from inside the airplane or shot at the airplane from the outside. You had an airplane that was just flying, that just was going too slow and down it came so right Now. The investigation is continuing, as sadly, the death toll continues to go up. I think it's over two hundred and sixty from what we've seen two hundred and forty two souls on board with the one survivor, thank god for that, and then the number of the fatalities on the ground continues to rise. So really the rush is on right now to try to find out everything that we can, just to see if it's a problem with the Dreamliner or if it was a situation of a pilot air or a combination of both.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, and do we know if they've found the black boxes yet?
Speaker 5: One of the two have been found, okay, and I think it was the cockpit voice recorder if I'm not mistaken, And that'll be an important one because you can hear the alarms and the conversations that were ongoing. The other one, the flight data recorder, is going to be very very important as well, because there's this ongoing discussion on whether or not the crew had the flaps set properly for takeoff, and I believe they did, but we'll have to wait and see if that was the case. The perplexing part of all of this to me is the landing gear being deployed. Normally, moments after an aircraft rotates or comes off the ground, the landing here comes up. I mean airplanes, like fifty feet off the ground and climbing. That's one of the first thing the crew does. Why it wasn't done, It suggests maybe there might have been a mechanical situation gone going that prevented the crew from doing it, that might have impacted the engines from operating. But to have a dual engine failure the way these aircraft are put together is like a billion to one, so I don't understand how we could have that. It might have been fuel contamination, if we had water in the fuel or something, but I suspect that would have impacted the engines long before a call and it wouldn't have been able to leave as it did. So a lot of answers that are going to come from those black boxes, and as soon as we can get those and review them, this investigation, which could take twelve months in all to go from start to finish, can start giving us some initial answers.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have so many more questions, but I do want to move on to the one person who survived sitting in seat eleven A.
Speaker 2: How does that even happen?
Speaker 5: When you look at aviation disasters as I have for the last forty some years. There's really no reason why some survive and some do not. I remember all those years ago when USA today would actually take a seat map chart of every disaster and they would color code the seat this person died, this person left. It was color coded so that people would ask, hey, where's the safest place to sit on an airplane? Jay, So USA today would put this seat map showing where all the survivors were sitting, sitting in all those that perished where they were at. You know, some people want to sit in the back of the plane because they say, you know, if it's going to crash, that's going to be the last thing impacted. But then sometimes it goes into the water and the people that die are the ones in the back. It just never you just never know. I sadly, I've had to deal with and talk with people in my career that have been the lone survivors of aircraft disasters, and many of those were seated at or near an emergency exit. And I believe that this individual was seated at or close to an emergency exit. Not that that you know, because sometimes when these planes crash, the top opens up. I mean, you have an emergency exit everywhere because of what the airplane itself goes through. So the important thing that we can do is that when we are flying, and I would do this with my family all the time, and we would fly wherever we were sitting, I would have them tell me, close your eyes and tell me how many were to the emergency exit in front of us.
Speaker 2: I do that every time I get down or get on a plane, because.
Speaker 5: You fly a lot and you understand that if it's filled with smoke and your life depends on it, what do I do? Well, you know what you're gonna do with the ball before you get it. It's a sports term and it's a good one because that way you know exactly what's going to happen in the event of emergency. You know, you just count the number of rows in a way you go. You also make sure you kind of glance at that emergency evacuation pamphlet that nobody looks at, and you recognize, okay, if I've got to take that thing out, it goes out the door type of thing, and you know what you need to do. So those little things like that can mean the world. And you know, even when I'm flying in the winter, I don't fly in shorts because if we have an emergency evacuation out on the ramp, I don't want to freeze my butt off because it happens at times where that takes place, and you've got people that unfortunately are not dressed for the elements.
Speaker 1: I hadn't thought about that. That's a good reminder for us moving forwards. Jay Ratliffe, thank you so much. I wish we had, like, you know, another half hour to talk so of so many more questions.
Speaker 5: But wait, any time you need me, just let me know, all.
Speaker 1: Right, appreciate it so much. Have a great weekend you too, all right. A federal appeals court has paused a ruling that came down yesterday afternoon requiring President Trump to return control of members the California National Guard to the state. The judge in la said the federal government didn't have the authority to nationalize California's National Guard, but the new order comes from the ninth US Circuit Court of Appeals puts that on pause. Another hearing is set for Tuesday. Iran has confirmed and Israeli strike has killed a general, Amir Ali Haji Dadada, the head of the Revolutionary Guard's missile program. Israel targeted military leaders, nuclear scientists, nuclear facilities, and long range missile sites, and a massive wave of what it calls preemptive attacks. Israel set around is close to getting a nuclear weapon capability and that it has to strike for the survival of Israel. California's insurance Commissioner has launched an investigation into house State Farms handled LA wildfire claims. Ricardo Laura is specifically looking into smoke damage claims that insurance have said are being denied or delayed. State Farm just had a seventeen percent premium increase approved by the insurance Commissioner last month.
Speaker 2: At six oh five.
Speaker 1: It's handle on the news so much to get to today, of course, Israel's massive strikes. Alex Padilla removed from Christy Nomes news conference and more protest planned for the weekend.
Speaker 2: He's going to cover it all.
Speaker 1: Tonight, the Dodgers take on the Giants at Dodgers Stadium, with the first pitch going out at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be there.
Speaker 1: Listen to all the Dodger games on AM five to seventy LA Sports live from the Gaupin Motors Broadcast booth and you can stream all the Dodgers games all season long NHD on the iHeartRadio app Keyword Am five to seventy LA Sports. Let's say good morning now to the host of Home on KFI, the house whisperer Dan Sharp Dean. I so need to hear what you have to say about this sorting, inventory, purging and storing.
Speaker 2: I need a good purge.
Speaker 4: And most of us do. Most of us need to purge. And that's really the problem is that we get so attached to our stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's just stuff, but we're just like, oh, I could save that, Oh I might need that one day, and then five years later you're like, I still don't need it, but I better keep it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know that, of course, there's a there's a factor to holding on to stuff that actually gets into you know, mental illness.
Speaker 2: And that's not what we're dressing. Well, you know, I'm just saying Friday the thirteenth and all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh, but that's not what we're trying to tackle on Sunday Show. But what we are trying to tackle is the fact that we all get very, very attached to things and it's just kind of it's a human tendency to want to hold on to no style, to hold on to memorabilia and just the stuff, the things that remind us of days that were great. And as a result of that, we all have too much stuff, we really do. And this is a way that I've developed over the years of helping clients kind of let go of things. It kind of under cuts our emotional attachment to things. It makes it a little easier. It's not fool proof, but it makes it a little easier. And that's the order that you go about doing things as you clean out and clear out and organize things, and it starts with sorting, which is non judgmental. We're not making any judgments. We're not deciding to get rid of anything yet, but we're just separating things into their own piles. And I use the example, I think in the note that I gave you of socks. You know, if you're just going through clothes, you run into socks every once in a while, and the tendency is like, oh, yeah, I remember the Yeah, these are nice socks, and you just set them aside. Well, I'm gonna keep those. But until socks become their own pile, you don't actually realize whether you've got just a few or whether you have you know, I don't know, forty seven pairs and unmatched singles, right, yeah, yeah. At point a pile like that, it's easier for us to look at and say, all right, well, hey, nobody needs forty seven pairs of socks. I need to kind of take a look at what I've got and purge some of them along the way. And if we do that with most of the things that we're attached to, we really can be successful getting rid of a lot of stuff and then storing what is left. And that's a whole another side to this whole thing. I always say this, there's storing comes into two forms, staging and long term. And as a designer of homes, I will tell you this, the best advice, the most sage advice I can give to you about your closets inside the house is that closets are for staging, not storing. And staging simply means that what's ever in your closet is there because it is something that is quite often used. It's just a staging area for often used things. If it's not something that gets used often, then that's storage. That's long term, and we got to figure out crates and shelving and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know about you, but I but Dean, I so need this.
Speaker 2: And so when are you talking about this? Sunday morning.
Speaker 4: Sunday it's going to be Sunday Show, the Big show from nine to noon.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's if you call it the SIPs program, sort, inventory, purge and store and just listening to you, I'm like, yep, need to do that. Oh yep, I'm storing stuff in my closet. Oh yep, I need to go there.
Speaker 2: And I bet that I'm not alone in that.
Speaker 1: So Dean Sharp, the host of Home on KFI. You can listen to them tomorrow morning from six to eight and then of course Sunday morning from nine to noon, where he's going to go over the whole SIPs program and you can get your life cleaned up a little bit and organized and maybe have a little more space so you can get more.
Speaker 2: Stuff exactly more stuff. Dean Sharp, thanks so much.
Speaker 4: Thanks Amy.
Speaker 1: All right, time to get in your business now with Bloomberg's Courtney Donahoe.
Speaker 2: Morning, Courtney, good morning.
Speaker 11: I wish I could tell you a happy Friday, but it's looking rough here on Wall Street.
Speaker 2: Why is it looking so rough on Wall Street?
Speaker 11: So the major escalation of the tensions that we're seeing in the Middle East is definitely putting pressure right now on the market. SE's Raeli strike is actually coming at a time when everybody felt, all right, we're recovering from that big slump in April from the tariffs. So we are seeing Dow futures down four hundred points. It's a little bit better than what we saw when I started the morning at five am here in New York, where we were down about one point three percent. So we're seeing a bit of an improvement, but it's still going to be tough. The biggest reaction that we're seeing is in crude. This morning, oil is surging right now seventy three dollars a barrel. It's up close to nine percent. There are a lot of concerns that this is going to fuel an inflation spike, also when we're trying to come back from the inflation spike that we've seen over the past couple of years. So we're seeing energy stocks like Exxon Chevron, they're seeing big gains today. Defense contractors, Lockheed Martin. For example, VAT stock's moving higher on expectations of more military spending. However, travel stocks, they're under pressure this morning. Not a lot of people are going to be traveling with us.
Speaker 1: Okay, so those are down or Wall Street's looking down. But here's something else that's down.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing. Mortgage rates.
Speaker 11: Oh yes, mortgage rates a lot better. Dropping for a second straight week. So this is from data from Freddie Mack. The average for a thirty or fixed loans six point eighty five percent. Home sales have definitely struggled to gain momentum this spring. I was looking at actually the house next door to me is for sale, and it's where it would be on the market. It for maybe two to three weeks a couple of years ago. Now it's been on for a little bit of time. So the markets. This is the busiest season of the real estate market, but it seems to be tilting more toward the buyer's market. Twenty eight percent of homes sold of asking in the past month. But now, when you think about it, three years ago at this time, fifty three percent of homes sold above asking.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, well, that's good news if you're maybe in the market.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, but again you're getting pressured by these high mortgage rates, high prices. There really have not come down prices on homes. I mean, we're seeing some cuts, but not a tremendous amount off the amount of our real estate. Okay, so maybe wait a little bit while longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, let's get in your business again on Monday with Bloomberg's Courtney Donahoe. It's a date, right, yeah, I will, of course, all right, have a great weekend course, see you later, all right. Israel says it is expecting a retaliatory strike by Iran with drones and missiles, and it has declared US emergency. Israel launched a preemptive attack on nuclear facilities and long range missile sites in Iran, which is reportedly just weeks away from having the capability of building a nuclear weapon. Federal agents have arrested a man for handing out face shields during the anti ice protests in la US Attorney Bill Asseley posted a video on x of a man handing out face shields from the back of a pickup and says his office is moving quickly to identify and arrest those involved in organizing and supporting protests. A seaplane has made an emergency landing at the Port of Los Angeles. The plane landed in the water about two thirty yesterday afternoon. There was no fuel fire or oil spill. The pilot was the only person on board. The reason for the emergency landing not clear yet. We're just minutes away from handle. On the news this morning, one person miraculously survived the Air India crash that killed more than two hundred and forty people.
Speaker 2: Bill's going to talk about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, playing the part of ABC multi platform reporter Will gam Ones is it's me. Yeah, he's got He's got another gig this morning. He's going to be on TV on Good Morning America. So, uh so they passed. He passed along his notes. So if you're looking for something to stream or you're looking to head to the theaters, here's a couple of things that you can look at on Prime Video. Is a show called deep Cover. It stars Bryce Dallas Howard. She's from Jurassic Park and Spider Man and The Help Love Her. She plays an improv teacher who recruits two of her students to infiltrate London's gang scene by impersonating dangerous criminals. Ooh, it's supposed it's funny. It's supposed to be funny. In action packed in theaters is Materialists of Modern Day rom Com starring Dakota Johnson. Fifty Shades of Gray, also Pedro Pascal and Chris Evans. Love both of them. It's a thoughtful movie and it makes us wonder why relationships and love matters so much in the first place. And for the kids, How to Train Your Dragon is in theaters. It's the live action remake of the game with HTTYD. I don't know what that means. I'm gonna have to ask will Oh how to Train Your Dragon? Is it better than the original animated movie? Maybe not, but it's still magical according to will Gans Okay.
Speaker 2: And then there's this I.
Speaker 1: The new Snow White is now streaming on Disney Plus. Came out in theaters not too long ago. Really didn't do very well in theaters, and I can now unequivocally say I know why it was awful. It was awful, like Disney missed the mark and you know I love Disney. They the story wasn't great. I really didn't like the actress who played snow white. I don't know why she sings beautifully, she's adorable. Didn't like her in the part. I did like gal Gadot as the evil Queen. She was good. They were singing, and the songs weren't very memorable, and they changed the story and they didn't have the regular prints. They had some other random guy who shows up, and I just and I will tell you the dwarfs were so distracting because they're cgi right, and you just don't ever buy into it, like you get away with stuff when it's animated, but when it's supposed to be live action, it doesn't work. It's working with Leelo and Stitch, but you know, Lelo's a space creature. So AnyWho, I can see why it didn't make much of the movies. But now it's streaming, so if you have Disney plush, you can watch it andat not have to pay a bunch of extra for it. Okay, Friday the thirteenth, you said the number one thing, and that's walking under a ladder.
Speaker 2: Kono Cocomo, what's your name?
Speaker 1: But here are some of the superstitions that crossing paths with a black cat, breaking a mirror, spilling salt, stepping, on cracks, opening umbrellas indoors, and then you know, there's other superstitions as well, but those are the big ones. And here's why Friday this thirteenth is a thing. If you go back and look at religious beliefs. The Last Supper, where Jesus was betrayed by Judas the thirteenth guest on a Friday before he was crucified, has contributed to the association of Friday the thirteenth as being very unlucky. In Norse mythology, Loki, the trickster god arrived as the thirteenth guest as at a feast, leading to chaos and the death of balder whoever that is, further solidifying the number thirteen's reputation as unlucky. The number thirteen in ancient tradition was also often seen as a number that broke a pattern of twelve, which is considered a complete number, and so the thirteen is unlucky. And then in medieval time, public executions were often scheduled on Fridays, and prisoners had to go up thirteen steps to get to the gallows, So Friday the thirteenth bad things. In Italy, Friday the seventeenth is considered unlucky. Thirteen is considered a lucky number in Italy and in Spain. It's not Friday the thirteenth, it's Tuesday the thirteenth. That's unlucky. There you have it, Okay, let's get back to some of the stories real quick. Coming up out of the twenty four hour newsroom from KFI. Homeland Security Secretary Christy Nom has joined federal immigration enforcement officers in la as they executed arrests of illegal immigrants. At a news conference in Westwood yesterday, Nomes said the protests and local politicians will not stop the federal government from its immigration enforcement efforts.
Speaker 12: The Department of Homeland Security and the officers and the agencies and the departments and the military people that are working on this operation will continue to sustain and increase our operations in this city. We are not going away.
Speaker 1: Governor Newsom assigned an executive order doubling down on the state's efforts to transition away from fossil fuels. He did it hours after President Trump signed three congressional resolutions that killed California's electric vehicle sales mandates and diesel engine rules.
Speaker 13: We officially rescue the US auto industry from destruction. By terminating to California Electric Vehicle Mandate once.
Speaker 1: And for all, the Governor's offices California will begin work on the next phase of the state's clean vehicles program. The state also announced a lawsuit yesterday over the congressional resolutions. This was the twenty sixth the lawsuit California has filed against the Trump administration. And a local music store featured in a movie is closing its doors.
Speaker 14: If you want to visit the fictional Aurora, Illinois music store where Wayne and Garth shopped in Wayne's World, you have only a month to get there. The actual music store in San Fernando in the San Fernando Valley where scenes from the nineteen ninety two More were shot, announced it shutting down in mid July after seventy eight years. The current owner of Castle's Music posted on Facebook he's retiring after taking over the store forty eight years ago. A special screening of Wayne's World is scheduled for July tenth at the store before it officially shuts down.
Speaker 2: Deborah Mark KFI News, it is.
Speaker 1: The Disneyland Resort's seventieth celebration, and you know what, It's just not a celebration without you. So many fun things to do and see at the park and of course to eat and wear. For the seventieth celebration, KFI am six forty one's to give you a chance to win a family four pack of one day, one park tickets to Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park and join this limited time event. So keep listening to KFI and wake Up Call for your chance to win, and then celebrate the seventieth with Disneyland. Offering subject to restrictions and change without notice. Hey, if your dad is still around, I hope you get to celebrate with him this Sunday and have a wonderful Father's Day. This is KFI and kost H to Los Angeles, Orange County live from the KFI twenty four hour newsroom for producer and and technical producer Kno. I'm Will, I'm not Will, Will. Cole Sharper is gonna be back on Monday. I am Amy King. This has been your wake up call, and if you missed any wake up call, you can listen anytime on the iHeart Radio app. You've been listening to wake Up Call with me, Amy King, you can always hear wake Up Call five to six am Monday through Friday on KFI Am six forty and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.