Speaker 1: So like a board meeting, like a board meeting.
Speaker 2: Exactly. All right, well, I guess we normally go on the table say what do we get done this week?
Speaker 3: Sure, we saw with you, so actually a lot of great work in the treasury this week. One of the crazy things with regards to the Treasury is that when a payment is made, and the computers at the Treasury actually paid about five trillion dollars per year, like crazy amounts. There was formerly not a budget code on there, so if not a payment was made, you didn't know actually what it was for.
Speaker 1: It could have been for anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a four billion dollars COVID fund in the Department of Education and there was no receipts required, so people we just drawed down on it. And when people looked into it, this wasn't justice was before us. They found that money was being used to rent out Caesar's Palace for parties, rent out stadiums, et cetera. And so the one change that DOGE made with our education is we had the simple requirement that if you draw down money, you must first upload a receipt. That was the only change that was made. You must upload your receipt and upon doing so. Yes, nobody drew down any money anymore.
Speaker 2: Yes, but we didn't say that we'd check the receipt. You could send a bank receipt, you could send a picture of your.
Speaker 1: Dog, anything, anything, anything.
Speaker 2: But as soon as we asked for anything at all, that something, the requests.
Speaker 1: Were like, oh, we don't need it anymore. Oh that's interesting. They were renting Caesar's palace.
Speaker 2: Yes, they were like basically partying on the text tayer of money.
Speaker 1: Stadiums, Yes, leasing.
Speaker 2: Stadium mssing stadiums for what for parties? Basically for parties.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a big parties, big party.
Speaker 4: You'd think if you were stealing, you'd start small.
Speaker 2: They do stop small, But then what happens is over the years. So generally the fraud starts out small and they try to hide it. But then year after year, if nobody stops the fraud, it gets more and more brazen, and every year it gets bigger until they're literally renting out stadiums like.
Speaker 1: Millions to run out of the stadium. Fraud infragrante delecto. Okay, we're talking about at scale.
Speaker 4: This is driving me crazy. When you find these things, do you guys get mad? And you're like, yes, I got one.
Speaker 1: How does it?
Speaker 4: How does it make you feel so common?
Speaker 1: I mean you just get numb it. Unfortunately, like the hundredth time you've heard it, you're just tald not to.
Speaker 2: Get a little numb, you know, like and by the two hundred time, you're like, well, okay, it's just another day at the office.
Speaker 5: We checked, is the Small Business Administration giving loans to dead people?
Speaker 6: People over the age of one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 5: The answer was yes, and it was around three hundred thirty million dollars in total.
Speaker 2: So people with a birthday that could not possibly be real, meaning they're they're over one hundred there one hundred and fifteen years old or older.
Speaker 1: The oldest living Americans one hundred and fourteen.
Speaker 2: So the safe to save anybody is in the system as one hundred and fifteen years or older.
Speaker 1: That is fake.
Speaker 7: So just by sharing a database and looking at social Security numbers that showed that at the time of the loan they had listed at over one hundred and fifteen years old were actually under eleven. We didn't even check that for under eighteen. Maybe under eleven years old.
Speaker 1: That's pretty great, baby had people were getting loans that was.
Speaker 6: Six hundred and sixty million dollars.
Speaker 1: And also people with birth dates in the future. What does that mean? Well, in one I mean I think like the birthday, birthday.
Speaker 8: I think in one case was like fetuses, we're getting well not even really is sort of a you're talking about like your great grandchildren. Like with the birth date, I think like twenty one sixty five, so more than essentially from now, where's the birthday? George Jetson was getting aid, Yes, because your birthday is in the future, like the far like the far future, not like next year.
Speaker 1: And we either this is either fraudulent or we have your birthday.
Speaker 4: Wrong, either a typo or someone stealing.
Speaker 1: Which is it? Right? Yes, you should at least ask which is it?
Speaker 4: Do you guys feel you're getting justice and accountability?
Speaker 9: What are the extreme examples of non accountability?
Speaker 6: In some cases is has a credit as some of the small agencies. I think the Inter American Foundation IF.
Speaker 9: Is one of the agencies to be visited where you know they get fifty million dollars a year congressional money to give grants. These are things like you know Apaca farming and.
Speaker 6: Threw improving them.
Speaker 1: That's a real example, that's.
Speaker 9: The real description improving the marketability of p in Guatemala really fruit jam and yes, what yeah, So you might expect, you know, in the private sectory nonprofit to give you know, eighty to ninety percent of their money to grantees. In the case of IAF that was fifty eight percent. So the other half goes towards management, oh.
Speaker 1: Travel, what would you find exactly? I mean too, an example is is that even if you agreed with with.
Speaker 2: Supporting our pack up armas in Peru, well, actually most of the money never made it out of DC. It's going into the pockets people in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: What percent to Peru? Right?
Speaker 4: So what percentage do you think doesn't even get to the destination it's supposed to.
Speaker 2: I believe the GAO estimates. This is not our estimate. I believe it was on the order of only ten to fifteen cents on the dollar actually gets to the end recipient. Whether you agree with that, calls are not.
Speaker 4: So they're just stealing the money before it even gets anywhere.
Speaker 1: There's layers of stealing.
Speaker 2: So this's like there's the first layer of stealing, second layer of stealing, third layer of stealing subcontractors the exactly contract or subcontractor subcontractors like feeling an onion and then maybe and sometimes it's zero.
Speaker 1: Just you get to the bottom of the onion, there's nothing there.
Speaker 4: So maybe no one got a sex change in Guatemala.
Speaker 2: It's possible that no one got a sex change of Gluatemala.
Speaker 10: I overheard a contractor tell one of her colleagues to falsify billable hours by creating a power point to mask and delay in the onboarding process in front of me. And this is like hour zero at this agency. And so I mean, this is just a common theme that you take a look at these contracts, you take a look at these grants and is veiled in noble rhetoric. You know, it's at the top level. It's like, sounds good, Yeah, it sounds amazing. And then you actually just follow what is the what are the funds actually doing?
Speaker 1: Or send us a picture exactly, and the sent us a picture.
Speaker 2: Request is incredibly good, like pixel it didn't happen, And and they're like, and it wouldn't be that hard to just frankly, they could sto just for some fake picks on the internet, or get AI to generate the picks.
Speaker 1: But they don't even bother doing that. So you caught them cold billing fraud.
Speaker 10: I caught them her advising or colleague to do this because it takes a few days to onboard.
Speaker 1: So that is being investigated right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean generally, like like these programs, these grounds are going to be like along lines of save the baby pandas and it's like, well, of course, who wouldn't want to save the baby pandas? And and you know, in some cases they've got a show panda, which they will they will try it out for special occasions. In a lot of cases they don't even have a show panda. No, there's not even one panda. Because we asked for pictures and we don't even get one panda. And he's like, well you got to well that's a lot.
Speaker 1: You know, what's the what's what's the billion dollars get you? Does not even get you one pandam? You really want to see a baby pandam? Yeah, Well, like you know, like be a ball of money. We're like, okay, well we agree with like we shouldn't have a bola. You know, where is the money going?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's going to Deloitte and DC, Like, what is an accounting for him doing with the Bola money?
Speaker 1: What has been the biggest resistance? Is there one agency?
Speaker 4: Is there one department that when you guys walk in, they all start fighting, you start hiding.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but I guess you can answer that question. Sure, I mean, let's let's yes, we've certainly had some battles. Battles, Yeah, yeah, I mean you should talk about you.
Speaker 11: Said, oh yeah, okay, the small agency called the United States Institute of Peace. It's definitely the agency we had the most fight out. We actually went into the agency and found they had loaded guns inside of their headquarters.
Speaker 6: And so two for peace.
Speaker 2: I mean, any given company, any given organizational name, is going to be going to be the opposite of the title, right yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so it was by far the least peaceful agency that we've worked with.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Ironically, of course.
Speaker 11: Additionally, we found that they were spending money on things like private jets, and they even had a one hundred and thirty thousand dollars contract with a former member of the Taliban. This is real.
Speaker 6: We don't encounter that at most agencies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what was the money going to the Taliban for so it was a contractor.
Speaker 11: They received one hundred and thirty thousand dollars for generic services. And to Elon's point, there was not actually a clear description of what the contractor services were for. But was it for opium unclear?
Speaker 6: Or weapons or nothing or nothing or a broade or yeah.
Speaker 11: And you n actually have to ask the question how did we get here? Like when the country was founded, there were only four agencies. Today there are over four hundred, so there's been a one hundred xcit increase in the number of agencies since the foundering of the nation. And thanks to President Trump, he's now signed two executive orders to start to reduce the number of agencies in the government, and the institute Apiece was one of them, which is why our team went in to try and understand what was going on, and that's when we found all the craziness, like the weapons and their armory. We found the payments to the Taliban.
Speaker 1: The account Oh yeah, that so try to hide.
Speaker 11: The evidence, right, So just a few hours after we got into their headquarters, we found that their chief accountant had actually deleted over a terabyte of accounting records from several leaders. So you'd have to ask the question, well, why would somebody do that? If the Doch team fortunately was able to recover that data with the help of a few great employees at the Institute apiece. And I think the most troubling thing was they received fifty five million dollars a year from Congress, and any money that went unspent, instead of returning that to Congress, they would sweep it into a private bank account which had no Congressional oversight, and that's what they would use to fund things like events at their headquarters and the private jets. And so I think it's a great example because most most Americans don't know what's going on at a lot of these smaller agencies, and this is a I think the most extreme case of some of the.
Speaker 6: Wasteful spend that we're finding.
Speaker 4: So the agencies are hiding money from you, they're sending into the Taliban, they have loaded weapons in the department.
Speaker 6: Buildings at the Institute of Peace.
Speaker 4: At the Institute of Peace, that's right, So this is a cover up.
Speaker 2: When you guys roll in this one cover up, they delete a vast amount of financial information. That's really a definition of a cover up.
Speaker 4: Isn't that illegal to delete evidence? Yes, spread documents.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 11: It's certainly illegal to delete accounting records that that Congress would certainly want to know where the congressionally appropriated funds are going from taxpayers when you.
Speaker 4: Catch them going Hillary style on their computers, do you refer this to the Department of Justice?
Speaker 11: In this case, we did refer the evidence in the accounting example to the FBI and DJ We're proud to do that, so, yes, we did.
Speaker 12: Resistance has shown up in some very surprising places. So for example, the famous fork in the Road email, the deferred resignation program. So this was a program where you could resign from the government, collect paying benefits for the next eight months, probably the most attractive separation program ever in human history. And the resistance actually came from the outside with people saying this is a trick, and I've heard somebody refer to it as an apple with a razor blade, and no, this was just a.
Speaker 1: Really juicy apple, caramel dipped apple. It was that good.
Speaker 6: But people were talked out of taking it.
Speaker 5: And now what started to happen is we did it, about eighty thousand people take it, and now those folks who didn't take it are on the beach, or they've moved on to a new job and they're still getting paid. And so now we're starting to offer fork two and fork three where people can see that someone's eating this apple and it was actually really tasty and good for them.
Speaker 4: Is those just getting started. This is a long term enterprise.
Speaker 2: It's a long time enterprise because if we take our eye off the ball, the waist and fraud will come roaring back.
Speaker 4: They can doze, doze when Democrats get back in power.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 2: I think some of the things that like, we're trying to have it be such that the funny is removed, so the grants are gone.
Speaker 1: So there's that there's a lot of work
Speaker 2: Required to restart the waste of fraud and that