Speaker 1: It's good to think about the past.
Speaker 2: You know, as you get older, you realize that time flies and is that is happening?
Speaker 1: It gave you the script.
Speaker 3: I heard with et with I'll show you're gone booming in except supper for me pursuing it.
Speaker 1: Hold out shaw, shame through the sewer. Dude, Now what chilling that day?
Speaker 4: Eagle?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 3: Doing your clock on the dot. Got a habit for my house or go stat is how we're starting. Getting craddy show that enough multiply like a rabbit. Tune in so out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 1: I won't hang out with my friend rocket on the radio.
Speaker 4: My voice getting.
Speaker 1: Talking on the radio. It's time to to this falls again all et Christine.
Speaker 2: Called up.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 4: Yes that song slaps. Glad you just heard it. Glad you're tuning into the Beninskin Show. Thank you for making our stupid show a part of your daily routine. Right here in Dallas Fort Worth. I'm Ben Rogers, joined by my close personal homie since nineteen eighty two, grown up here together in Richardson, Texas, Jepskin. Wait, Hey, ladies, let's see it. Whoa also joining us? The Pride and joy of Only High School, where he thrived on some of the big big five hundred JV teams. They played about five hundred ball, but he was a big contributor on the JV lineup of that JV baseball team during his sophomore, junior, and senior year.
Speaker 1: Kevin kt Turner at you, it's up quaids Happy Tuesday, Happy July. We're here. Yeah, halfway point? Is that a Quaid?
Speaker 4: Is that a reference to total recall and Erld Schwarzenegger. You might be onto something there, Quatta, Oh, well done. I thought it was a shout out to Dennis Quaid. And what's the other guy's named? Darryl Randy, Randy Quaid. There's another one, Jack Quaid. Now is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It kind of looks like John Maschoda who covers the Cowboys. Jack Quaid is in The Boys. I saw Randy Quaid, No, not Randy. I saw Dennis Quaid in a bad movie last night that I had no business watching.
Speaker 2: I chose to watch it midway. He's a bad actor, I've decided. Jack Quaid has so many, so much more to his game than Dennis. Now Randy qua at the son, Yeah, Jack is his son. Oh, he's way better. He's way better. But Dennis out of Meg Ryan too. Okay, Oh, he's got him both. But Randy Quaid dunks on all of them clearly. No, he cannot act at all, and he's looney tune. Dennis Quaid was great in some stuff I've seen.
Speaker 1: Can't believe I watched Midway. I don't even know what it is. It's just like the Pearl Harbor attack and what that led to. How are you so bad? How are you doing on the best show in television? To Bear?
Speaker 4: He said, I started, I've finished season three. I tell you what I'll watch Midway to if you get caught up on the Bear.
Speaker 1: It's just so heavy.
Speaker 2: This is going to take a little work. But he sounded crazy when he said, I don't even know what it is.
Speaker 6: You know what that is?
Speaker 7: It sounded crazier by saying, ladies, let's see it, yeah, instead of them.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: Also joining us.
Speaker 4: Today the pride and enjoy of Crandle Texas from Oatmeal Pizza, the popular local Nirvana cover band Christina Care, Little Bait, corn Bread Rack.
Speaker 1: Then the Midway should be here in what a month?
Speaker 4: Two months from now?
Speaker 1: That's right, Stay fair Stay Fair. I love going there and winning prizes. You know, I haven't been in years North the State Fair.
Speaker 2: We should all go together this year. I love the state I don't know. I just chance you get shot, but we don't worry about that too much.
Speaker 6: He man.
Speaker 4: My experience is tainted from having my car sterereo stolen there many years.
Speaker 1: The early nineties. I know it's still Toad there once. I'm like, stole my car stereo tough times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why you guys need to watch mcgruber, because what you need to do is what we did in the eighties, where you have a badasstereo that pulls out so you can just take it with you like a purse everywhere you go. Hell yeah, all right, we got a fun show planned for you. I know, I was in the pre show meeting where we planted it all the entire five o'clock hour. We're making fun of ourselves. Our June bloopers are in what are the dumbest things that have happened on the dumbest show in America over the last thirty days or so. We'll have June bloopers, my bloopers, skins bloopers, our inability to execute live reads and then just weird stuff that happened on the news. All that's coming away. In the five o'clock hour, we'll go around the beef. Our Beef series continues, and why are these people fighting with each other? We'll get into that at four o'clock, do a little sports. At four point fifteen. Are the MAVs the top six team in the West, And we got things. Skin is tracking, we got a great show. Beyonce almost died, and then country musicians now going after her.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of fun stuff right there. Wow, a lot of other spot right there.
Speaker 4: Come anyway, But I got to tell you this, in terms of where my attention is right now, the algorithm knows, like sure, it's sending me a lot of Ai Gilf and this typical stuff. And I don't know why it's happening, but it's sending me all these pictures of juggie women and King Charles. I'm trying not to look at that. That's not what I want, but it's forcing it on me. Okay, are you seeing any King Charles? Still?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I see a lot of King Charles. How's he doing in the yard?
Speaker 4: He's still the top dog that dog is dominating, and all waiters all across the world are are keen to it. But my focus right now is I cannot get enough Cooper flag hype Ooh I like this.
Speaker 1: I cannot get enough of it.
Speaker 4: And I'm getting highlights from all these different parts of his early career, all the different stages where he's been and things he's done. And the one thing that I know is evident is that he is constantly going downhill at a high speed towards the rim, and his goal is to dunk on your soul. He's a violent dunker, and he's not just trying to score a basket. He's trying to dunk on you and your family and your neighbors and your kids and everyone within the area. He's trying to put a mushroom cloud of nuclear energy up in the air when he thunder dunks on your soul. Would you if you had that ability? This question was asked of him at the press conference. Would you rather have a dunk on someone or would you rather block their shot into the third row?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm asking Christina, Okay.
Speaker 7: How about he blocks it, grabs it, and then goes down and dunks it.
Speaker 4: Man, It's just like, I gave her a two options and she pulled a skin and then came in with her own option.
Speaker 1: Mushroom cloud dunk.
Speaker 2: Okay, from a basketball standpoint, you want the dunk because it's the points and really a block out of bounds really that the other team gets to keep the ball. But there's nothing better than when you can swat someone like it's a four year old.
Speaker 1: What about for the adult? What about blocking someone's dunk? That is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so with the airborne distance that you can send it, when you send it ten rows back, that is the equivalent of a home run.
Speaker 4: My favorite playing basketball, honestly, is when someone catches a dude's shot. I think that's about the most disrespectful thing you can do to someone on a basketball court.
Speaker 1: Dude, you are so low rent. I just ate your shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just ate it, like, don't even try to shoot anymore. I caught it, and now I'm going the other way with it because you suck so bad. And man it is I'm so excited about the Cooper flag era, and I'm just blocking out any negativity or Nico quotes or the way people react to Nico quotes. There's literally nothing he can say at this point, but I saw the national media pick up on Now you're seeing the long term vision right now. You're seeing the vision of what we were trying to build. No, you weren't trying to have a Kyrie injury, you know, make it to the play in and then get the number one pick. That wasn't the vision. And if the vision was to win, now well you were. You just went to the finals with a twenty six year old. So anyways, all that's a mess. But I'm just focused on Cooper Flag and how good he's going to be and the fact that he doesn't need the ball to be effective. He could just be a piece on a team because on this we'll talk about this coming up, but he's going to have the ball. We'll talk about all that in a round. Just amazing and it's like he is, I mean, I just I don't remember, you know the last time the Mavericks had a player like this who every single thing is downhill, downhill, downhill, dunk, Like if he gets a step on you at all, if you let him get to the basket, he is going to tomahawk dunk on you, like that's his mo.
Speaker 1: He's a beast. He is a beast. Yeah basketball, Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Coming up next, I've got something for you guys that I think you're going to love that ties into what Bennie Boy was just saying. That's next right here on the Ben and Skin Show. It is The Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. All right, we have tickets to Ice nine Kills and we're gonna give away right now using the Bin and Skin I'm sorry, we're using the iHeart app. It's a free app that you can stream the Ben and Skin Show. You can also listen to our podcast on it, and there's a talk back feature on there, and when you click on that, you're able to leave a message. Right now, the third person that leaves a message with their name, their phone number, and their email address and answers the question which athlete in the DFW area has been obsessed with We were just talking about it. If you were listening, you know this is going to give you a chance to win these Ice nine tickets Ice nine Kills tickets, and that is why you should be listening to every segment at old times.
Speaker 1: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 6: Skin track.
Speaker 1: Another edition of things is tracking all right. I got two main things that are going on.
Speaker 4: Number One, I told you guys, we started in on The Bear, season four of The Bear, and KT has this theory or philosophy with some of these shows that he wants to spread them out. So what episode are you on right now? I've only seen three, okay, and that's I watched three in a week. That's not spreading it out very well. But it's more than ben. When you're watching a show that you're way into, is in it normal to watch a minimum of two episodes a night. Yeah, if I'm into it, I'm just gonna binge watch it to the point where I'm like not getting enough sleep.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: So that's where the debate is happening with me and my wife because she's on a different work schedule.
Speaker 1: Than me, so it's okay for her to be up till three in the morning.
Speaker 4: And there's ten episodes of this season and I wanted to ration it out the way Kat is doing. But we started it, I think on Friday night or Thursday night. We are six episodes in and I love it. It's definitely my favorite show on television. There's two things I get out of it that I love more than anything one. I love when I can relate to the point. I mean, I know they're fictional people, but you actually, when you're not watching the show, you think about the well being of the characters. To me, that's a really good sign that you're watching an amazing show. And I find myself just in the course of the day thinking about a character. All Right, you can't beat that's that is a show that has hit the mark. Then number two, when it's executed perfectly, and all the stuff that has nothing to do with the story or the characters, the editing, the music, the sound, all of that. When it's like, when it's so good, it's taking me out of what they call the suture of the show. Like when you watch a show, there's an idea that you get sutured into it. You're just lost in the world of the show. But then if the design of the show or the aesthetic or the filming or the framing or any of those things are so good, you're suddenly thinking about that that can be a good thing, that can be a detriment a show like The Bear it's so excellent, I'm thinking about both things simultaneously, Daddy, And that's why it's hard for me not to binge watch this show because it is my drug right now. This show for me is a lot like Radiohead, Like I can listen to Radiohead and go, all right, this is phenomenal.
Speaker 1: This is really well done. It is heavy. I gotta be in the right mood for it.
Speaker 4: I think that's a hard show to binge just because it's so incredibly stressful, and I think that's why I didn't finish season three. It's really really good, but man is it is gonna linger with you, and it is heavy. You're gonna have if you do decide to get back in, you're gonna have some sort of a canarcissist at the end of season three because of what the main character is going through. And then it just takes you right into season four and immediately there's more stress. And then they've added the idea of the theme of this show, at least this season. It's been a little bit in the past, but it's the idea of making the most of your time. That's ultimately what the show is about. Do you have something in life that you're passionate about to where you throw yourself into it to the detriment of your mental health and the people, the detriment of the people around you. How a passion can can drive you.
Speaker 1: In a way.
Speaker 7: So you threw yourself into watching Bear as much as you can. That's the fight, Okay, that's the fight.
Speaker 4: It's like, I'm trying to hold off and I know it would be bad for me to stay up till three in the morning, and then I've got my wife and my ear going Let's watch another, Let's watch another, Let's watch another. I'm like, honey, it's midnight.
Speaker 1: It's a long summer.
Speaker 4: It's a long summer because I know it's like once it's over, too, I'm gonna feel depleted because I know there's no more for another year, two years, or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: When there's a show that you like that much.
Speaker 4: That's why I think Kat is doing a good job here, like by holding back and rationing it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's how It's just how I think about things all the time. But it's the summer is not give you a lot of new television opportunities. That's why things like The Pooh Cruise. It's like one of the first things that comes up on Netflix when you open it up. Can't bring yourself. Man, I don't really want to see that. I don't either, and that's why we need more stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, back next week.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty pumped about that.
Speaker 4: I've seen it in eight seasons. There's but I've always enjoyed it. But that poop cruise thing. The one thing I saw was a clip for it, and they were like, all right this. It was like a chef or on the boat or something. He's like, I had to go take a poop. So I went to the bathroom and I realized that people were stacking. In other words, like a lasagna. There was a thing happened, and then they would cover it up, No, not flush, and then a thing happened and they'd covered up, and then a thing happened.
Speaker 1: They would cover it up and it just stacked.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that the or something pumbing. I don't know something out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know that this is I know that this feels like it doesn't make sense because people listening, most of them know me from my podcast Fecal Matters. But I and it seems like the kind of thing I'd be all over. I just don't want to watch a giant floating toilet on the open right, I don't. I don't want to watch the show about that either. You already know what it's about by hearing about it all right. Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, a country musician goes after Beyonce. What is this?
Speaker 1: It's coming your way next?
Speaker 6: Juicy news, hot god, every stay on the top in the shovel.
Speaker 1: Have you guys ever heard of the musician Gavin Adcock?
Speaker 4: No, no, I have not. Oh from the BC Boys, King ad Cock, the guy, oh and Gavin Adcock.
Speaker 2: Clearly he's more like Gavin subtrack Cock from Our Life, right, because.
Speaker 1: We don't really know who he is. Oh, yeah, that was a great math.
Speaker 2: He's twenty six, he's a country music singer. He does have a Wikipedia page, so, uh, you know that's probably good man.
Speaker 1: I think we have a Wikipedia page. I would be curious.
Speaker 2: I mean, if there's there's probably a lot of hardcore or people listening who do listen to country music who are aware of this fella.
Speaker 1: I just never heard of him. I'm not following the beat that closely though.
Speaker 2: Here he is at a show, and uh, I think the backstory here is that Beyonce won Best Country Album last year for Cowboy, Carter and it has upset a lot of people in the country music industry. And here is him at his concert I know on the app music country charts, and one of them is Beyonce.
Speaker 1: You can tell her we're coming from.
Speaker 8: Country music and every band country I know who about to play all some southern rock y'all hit that boy?
Speaker 1: Wait, you're gonna play southern rock? You're complaining of her? Or not make the country music. This is just a clan rally. And here's how you know, the wooing no, no, no.
Speaker 4: There's lots of people you know that love country music and could talk about the history of country music and what's been coming out of Nashville for the last fifteen years, ain't that Nope? And so much so that it was effortless, I mean effortless for the biggest star in the world to go from country to shake him off. So the whole point is that this has nothing to do with music. This just has to do with a bitter white man that doesn't like black people doing well. Because he could have gone on stage and said that about any number of white people out of Nashville for the last decade and a half, and maybe he has this is the only time I've ever heard of Gavin Adcock much less hurt his drunken hillbilly voice.
Speaker 1: But this has been a comp I mean.
Speaker 4: Your folks, for example, Christina, they grew up and I know your folks. Gi he grew up liking certain country music and then it changed. And then I have a friend that I used to you know, hired to do production music work, that was a heavy metal guitar player. He moved to Nashville and started working on Nashville country because it was easy because of the sound of it and how pop it became. So this is about nothing but a guy. Not this is about a guy I hating, not a very successful black lady.
Speaker 1: Yeah there was.
Speaker 4: I mean again, maybe I'm projecting, but there seemed to be racist overtones there where.
Speaker 1: It's like why why like play it again? Let's can you start and stop it too?
Speaker 9: Don't out of me own the app music country charts, and one of them is Beyonce.
Speaker 1: You can tell her coming from our stuff.
Speaker 4: We're coming for her for what reason? That part sounds like they're going to show her. Yeah, man, hey, they're going to put her in her place. That makes me real uncomfortable for what reason. It was a great album. It's country music. So you're angry with her for what? That's the big missy. Okay, keep that guy on. That's that's the classic we don't like your kind around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's kidding his ass in the chart right country music?
Speaker 4: Okay, stop, it ain't country music and it ain't never been country music.
Speaker 1: What what does that mean?
Speaker 4: So if an African American person makes country music, it's not country music.
Speaker 1: What what are you really saying? It's really easy to think that's what he's saying. Yeah, I don't okay. And he's about to gear up and go into some southern rock, right yeah okay.
Speaker 7: But also she's got a song with post Malone. Post Malone has a country album that just came out, and.
Speaker 4: This is about a guy being upset that a successful black woman did something in his field.
Speaker 1: About to play all some southern rock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that's not country music either, but again it's a reference to the South. Yeah, you know, did he drive there in the general league? You know, it's like, well, by the way, she's from Houston.
Speaker 2: This guy is the guy who's got a song title we Love Football.
Speaker 1: Okay, I might be in on this guy.
Speaker 2: He's got a song to idol, Tore Me Up, which is about a burrito. Apparently his most popular song is called run your Mouth.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, So he's just promoting that. See when I first Suggarette, when I saw this headline, I was like, he's just doing this to you know, like the attention, Yes, yes, like the damn it we lived classic wrestler bit, Yeah, we fell for it.
Speaker 1: Oh he's the heel. Yeah, we should not have put that on. We fell for it.
Speaker 4: I think he's pandering because he thinks that to that crowd that's there to see his show, that that they want to hear. Man, that's just ugly to me. What has been the reaction They people are going, who okay, how's his album Hillbillies and Hoods doing?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Staring through these holes? All right?
Speaker 4: Coming up next, so we crank up the wayback machine. What crime did I commit on the radio? Well, I guess I'll find out in matter if three or four minutes don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: That's next.
Speaker 4: Man and Skin Show ninety one point one The Eagle. I love what we have coming up at four o'clock. It's our continuation of our award winning series Around the Beef, the most important beefs and fights of the twenty first century. We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 1: It's time to go into the schedule worbug Mas.
Speaker 2: For those are the audience who don't know, would you guys give a description and tell the metropoles a little bit about Gina Miller and who she is.
Speaker 1: Gina Miller is. She's a former sports reporter.
Speaker 4: I think she was at WFACBS eleven and she left that and went to go work for FC Dallas And she's basically DFW Sports Media Royalty. She's a class act. Anything she touches turns to gold. FC Dallas is so fortunate to have her, and she's a legend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't add anything to that. He nailed it. She is someone that Ben and I have worked with and actually look up to. She is a beast.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, she's great. But I just wanted to set that up. So we had Gina on the show back in twenty twenty one. And while she's on hold about to come on the show, were You're also going to hear the voice of our good friend Jeff Cavanaugh on this clip as well, I think, and we were talking about something and we were about to bring Gina live on the air. So she's on hold, and usually when you're on hold, you can kind of hear what's going on on the radio station.
Speaker 1: This is something that happened four years ago. Ben need hopes.
Speaker 4: Sorry from the beginning, man, it's a good setup. I don't want to go on now we're good. I had too many slow ones in that one. I think for Ben's taste, I think Ben needed more. But he was very high on the imagined dragons and the last one and imagine dragon, these nuts on your face.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair. Do we have our special guests? Do you want to introduce?
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody, I introduced one of the classiest, loveliest people in the history of DFW media is Ben. Pause from the content that was happening, and just to remind her, as you're out there celebrating the fourth be careful with fireworks.
Speaker 1: Give me the mic back, go to the corner.
Speaker 4: This guest was finish grounded for the next three minutes of content because joining us now on the Mighty Eagle Hotline is one of our favorite people of all time. We love her and she's here for a very special announcement, Everyone give it up for GML.
Speaker 5: We love you guys more.
Speaker 1: You have no idea. The love is so big, bigger than the state of Texas. Oh my god, so good to hear your voices. So she was not about to take the bay and play into that mess.
Speaker 4: I later followed up with her and apologized, you know, and she was unaware of whatever aired.
Speaker 1: It was like then I made it worse by pointing out something that she.
Speaker 2: Did not know.
Speaker 7: How did you start that?
Speaker 5: Ben?
Speaker 4: Hey, I would like to apologize, well for what well, you know, when you jumped on the show and the stuff I didn't. I didn't hear anything. What were you guys discussing, you know, the imagine dragons. I'll walk through the details of the joke. Why it's funny.
Speaker 1: Who were we?
Speaker 4: We weren't retelling the Del Harris story on the air. We're oh yeah, we're where we were. Me and Ben at one time had to do a long apology to Del Harris when he was an assistant coach for the MAVs and he had no idea what we were talking about as we waited fifteen minutes on the apology. He was so confused by Old who was it that demanded that apology happen. Was it Cuban, It's no, it's Keith Grant.
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 4: He just said, you guys need to apologize to a lot of people. Till we started seeking the people out one by one. Yes, And man, we stood there. Del Harris was talking to a writer from the LA paper that covered him when he was the coach of the Lakers, and for fifteen minutes, Del Harris was telling a story about how many cranes there are in China.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean it was insane.
Speaker 4: Me and Been were like just standing there patiently, like God, I can't believe how terrible the story is that he's telling. And then as soon as it was over, eturning, Hey guys, and we're like, Dell, we are so sorry for the bit that we did on the jumbo tron about the referees. Huh, Like he had no idea what we were talking about. Well, I mean, that's great, guys, how have y'all been?
Speaker 1: He didn't know what.
Speaker 4: We stood there for fifteen minutes listening to a private college, not private, but a personal conversation with him and the LA writer.
Speaker 1: And the last one and imagine dragging these nuts on your face. Okay, that's fair. Do we have our special guests? Everybody.
Speaker 4: I introduced one of the classiest, loveliest people in the history of DFW media has been pause from the content that was happening, and just a reminder as you're out there, so ring the fourth, be careful with fireworks.
Speaker 1: Give me the mic back, go to the corner. This guest is Ben is grounded for the next three minutes. Okay, listen to this laugh that Ben has before he takes over.
Speaker 4: I introduced one of the classiest loveliest people in the history of DFW media.
Speaker 1: Is Ben? Pause?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was so awkward, just because she's so classy and so awesome, and then there she was adjacent to that bafoonery. But here's the thing that we all should have realized. I mean, she worked with Dale Hanson. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's cool. Yeah, you can just roll with any bunch. But there, I thought that was fun. Four years ago that happened. This is the way back machine, all right.
Speaker 4: Coming up next, it's our Around the Beef series where we're going to go with this fight Katie.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, the ringer put out the top forty beefs in the last twenty five years.
Speaker 1: We got to thirty yesterday. Let's keep it going. Next irish beefst Are you kidding me? Freaking million?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna ask you a ton of down for a second, because I said I was getting angry, but now you're getting a little all heated.
Speaker 1: Beef BRISKU get off at roast beef. Now I go home and still watch more, you know after three hours? Yes, I do. No, you don't tell me what I do and what I don't don't tell me. I watch the damn gaye fung beef. Why are you arguing with me on about this?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 1: You make it freaking a parable? Do you see where I'm going with this? Beef's beef? It's what's for me? Where do you see where you're going?
Speaker 2: If it's Sam Elliott the Ringer Top forty beefs oh I predict one Sam Elliott and gay Cowboy?
Speaker 1: Yes, I hope so yes.
Speaker 2: Of the last twenty five years, going back to two thousand, Here we get to thirty yesterday. We'll probably just kind of work it through the end of the week. Here thirty takes us to Dakota, Johnson and Ellen degenerous. Dakota Johnson was a key cog and getting Ellen Degenerous canceled. Now, a lot of what happened with Ellen does not have to do with this specific event. But when Ellen was getting canceled or pushed out or whatever was happening, because you were leading that charge.
Speaker 1: I was part of it for sure. But this clip kept reservicing.
Speaker 2: And it's a clip where Dakota Johnson is like, why don't you go to my birthday party show? And Ellen's like, I didn't get invited, and because I was like, yeah, you did get invited, And then photos come out later that Ellen was hanging out with President George W.
Speaker 1: Bush and things like that. Oh, it was just like a perfect storm for someone.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I think she truly got canceled because she was making her producer sit out in the front in the backyard during COVID.
Speaker 1: That bothered me so much.
Speaker 2: We'd come in and do the show and Ellen's on TV behind us for whatever reason, and her producer guy is sitting out in the rainforest, which is her backyard. I didn't like that.
Speaker 1: It was COVID.
Speaker 7: They were doing a bit.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows though that she is. I mean, it was like there was no one defending her. It's like, yeah, she's kind of mean to her staff and mean to her people. Then she did a big stand up thing on Netflix and she is like, they kicked me out of Hollywood, and I'm like, you have a stand up special on Netflix right now.
Speaker 1: You've nothing kicked out of Hollywood.
Speaker 4: That's the worst development of the last ten years is comedians using the crutch of canceling. It's just exhausting. Quit being a bitch, do your work, and I mean, I hate all that. Like half of those guys and gals, their content then became that they were being canceled, like you're the one. And it was I believe I think it was Bill Burr that was coming out going everybody stopped talking about canceling, like just stop it. It's not it's you're keeping it alive by talking.
Speaker 1: About no doubt.
Speaker 2: I'm twenty nine. Con O'Brien vers Jay Leno higher, make this higher. I agree, this is huge.
Speaker 4: I recently watched you know how sometimes they'll just on YouTube, they'll make recommendation clips to your ig or whatever. I rewatched Conan going on David Letterman right after he took his job with TNT. I think that's where he went next TBS. Sorry, and I mean he was on for TI segment and I ended up watching like old twenty eight minutes of it. It was so good because Dave hates j Leno, No, he does, and he is just he is like just cackling, like.
Speaker 1: Loving every second of it. Yeah, he did a Law and Order, a Leno victims unit thing. He did a whole bit on that, like just a while.
Speaker 2: In twosand and three, NBC went and I'm reading about this, and I was reading a book about Loauren Michael's doesn't Three NBC went to Conan and said, in five years, they signed a contract. In five years, you will get it. In two thousand and nine, you will get the Tonight show. And Jay had apparently agreed to it, and then Jay didn't want to go, so like, okay, we'll create a spot. I'm gonna use Central Time here. So they put Jay on at nine o'clock and j leto and then the local news is like the two terrible lead ends for Conan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Jay Leno Show, The Jay Leno Show was failing, miserable to it and it was doing horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so NBC comes back to Conan.
Speaker 2: They give him to the Tonight Show, and they gave it a very minimal amount of time, in fact, eight months.
Speaker 1: Wow. But within yeah, really kind.
Speaker 2: Of is because within six months they're like, Okay, we're gonna move you to it would be eleven here, and we're gonna let Jay do ten thirty to eleven and have the Tonight Show back and you'll have and Conan goes.
Speaker 1: To his hitting. Conan's pissed. So Jay was just gonna do a thirty minute show. So Conan has his u with that.
Speaker 2: He had a bunch of lawyers over and they're in a bunker and he can't get in touch with Loren. Lorna had gotten his back, but Conan did one thing on his show that made Lorne mad, and Lorne just goes quiet for a while because he's kind of a jerk. So Conan has his wife typing a statement out and Conan's walking around a room and he starts spitting out these words and instead of saying it to NBC, it said two people on Earth, okay, And the statement is like, the Tonight Show is not the Tonight Show at eleven o'clock. It's always been ten thirty. It's an institution. It needs to continue and it needs to be done right, and it can't be done this way. So basically he created in that statement that he put out, he created this Team Coco movement, which was awesome and it made everyone hate Jay Leno even more. And I would say, even though he's not doing that job, I do think Conan won. Like in the legacy of things, no one thinks highly of Jay Leno for any of this. NBC's guys in charge were threatening Conan with all kinds of bs, you won't do TV for three and a half years, which never, you know, materialized.
Speaker 1: But it was like that was a big deal.
Speaker 2: And I had a friend who I didn't know where it was a friend of a friend, but I talked to him a few times, who was living in Chicago at the time, but her dad worked on Conan at the time.
Speaker 1: During all this Wow.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to class at un T on these radio and TV film classes and just talking about this with people, feeling like I had inside infie when I realized here, I didn't because it was all kind of out there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Jayleno sucks. J does.
Speaker 4: He does suck around the beef and the series can coming up. Next, we go around the sports, though, we leave the beef and go to the sports. Are the MAVs a top six team in the West. We're going to talk about it just over three minutes. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: That's next.
Speaker 4: Ben and Skin Show ninety some point one the Eagle. This segment is brought to you by a Twisted Root burger company. Me and Ben do love us some Twisted Root. In fact, the founding father of Twisted Roots an old friend to Buddy, an old buddy of Ben's rather, and they've built that thing into an institution.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: They spent the last six months going back and tweaking the menu, and the results are fantastic and our favorite part of all of it. They still have all the irreverent burger names and the characters they do, and all the cool things they do at all the Twisted Roots, but they've also added to build your own burger element and it is fantastic. Several locations around the Metroplex, and if you go into any of them and mention the Ben and Skin Show, you're going to get a ten percent discount. Ten percent discount just by saying you listen to the Ben and Skin Show.
Speaker 1: How great is that? But right now it's time for.
Speaker 4: This around the sports KG twins as all the sports.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, so the Mavericks did make the signing with D'Angelo Russell, and it kind of feels like their roster is for the most part fool and they could still do trades and there's still some other stuff that could happen. Yeah, but it does feel kind of set. Are the Mavericks the top six team in the Western Conference?
Speaker 4: We can I ask a question about how this is positioned.
Speaker 1: Shoot, thank you man?
Speaker 4: Are they a top six team when we get to the playoffs? Like, like, are we talking about yeah? Are we talking about standings? Are we talking about how good they are? Now?
Speaker 2: You're avoiding the plan tournament, You're getting into the top six, which you wouldn't want to do.
Speaker 4: I would say yes, But I would also say when the conference is as good as it is, it's going to come down to injuries.
Speaker 1: It always does.
Speaker 4: And I think if you want to knock the Mavericks, there's two main things to knock them on. Do they have enough playmaking? And do they have the kind of people that are going to stay healthy? We know Kyrie's situation, and I would argue that Anthony Davis and Derek Lively the second. I would have no issue with someone saying that those two people are injury prone, right right. I don't have confidence that Anthony Davis can stand in the court. I don't think it's reasonable for anybody to have that confidence. But if healthy, good, Lord, they're good, because you're gonna have Lively and Gafford, so you have two great shot blockers in the middle. And then we saw what it's like in one half of basketball against Houston when you have Ad wandering over as a power forward and now you're gonna have Cooper Flagg doing that over. So the help defense blockers, that's I have to mention PJ. I mean, you've got such a good defensive unit.
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 4: I think the number one question is Healthumber two question is do they have enough playmaking? And D'Angelo Russell I like him, but he's good for that reason of what was out there. He's the he's the best overall offensive player. But what we have to what we have to, you know, put put the framework in on that he's a part time starter, okay, and he's making less than Jayden Hardy makes. He's a part time starter. Actually, actually just say he's making what Jayden Hardy makes. It's so close it's negligible. So bearing all of that in mind, he probably was the best fit in terms of what was out there. I probably would have preferred Chris Paul. But I don't think Chris Paul wanted to come here. So it's not even in the conversation. You can't have a player that doesn't want to be here. So I think they'll be fine in that regard. There's two things that three things that will change this conversation immensely. One we already talked about it the health. Number Two, how good as Cooper flagged from the jump, because I think you run a lot of offense through him, Like, let me get I'll give you this. For example, people are very very high on Houston, which I think they should be. So besides Fred van Vliet, who is their playmaker, it's Kevin Durant. Okay, So isn't that eventually what Cooper flag is going to be?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: And so the question is how quickly does he become that Year one in Cleveland, Lebron James was that they were running offense through Lebron James and year one. So is Cooper Flagg that good? And then the other thing that we keep forgetting and and I think a lot of it has to do with the way people they hear the term two way player and they immediately, you know, think about them a certain way. If Brandon Williams, what he showed when he was given that minute is that player, He's a really good backup.
Speaker 1: I like him too.
Speaker 4: So now we're talking about D'Angelo Russell, we're talking about Brandon Williams, and we're talking about Cooper Flag. And I'm not bringing up ancillary playmakers like Naji Marshall or I personally don't think PJ. Washington should be bringing a ball past half court, but in transition it's fine.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: The knock on the Mavericks I think are similar knocks.
Speaker 4: To the Oklahoma City Thunder. Okay, the difference is that they had the MVP.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And this is the thing, is like Cooper Flag in Year one, how fast is a nineteen eighteen year old?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right?
Speaker 4: And how tempted his Nico because they have such an embarrassment of riches in depth? How tempted is he to trade some of that depth for a more impactful, meaningful player. I think that it's I don't think it's there Ben, because I think they think they have their impactful, meaningful players. And then they have the main reason they signed Gafford is you know, if you're the feelings that I have about Benyama or Chet Holmgren or Anthony Davis are the same feelings I have about Derek Lively. The second, like, if you're gonna tell me he's a guy that's gonna play fifty games a year, I get it. It wasn't until Tyson Chandler was twenty eight, twenty nine years old and completely filled out that he could withstand a lot of that. So Derek g Lively Second, I mean they need Gafford and signed him, I think for that reason.
Speaker 1: And then also PJ.
Speaker 4: Washington Junior can play a lot of small ball five and can play four, and so they're loaded up front, and it's two there. It's there's people that think that the Rockets are loading up on bigs to compete with the Mavericks, right, and the Mavericks have the depth to weather those injury storms, and that's probably the best approach because they do have some injury prone guys.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up.
Speaker 4: Next, it's the weekly weekday update where you're gonna take us kat there was a firework theft. What would you stolen? All right, that's coming up next, don't miss it.
Speaker 10: And now it's time for Basis week Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt f on tweets Hero the employe the stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: You might have a situation where a very smelly thing is turned into a thing that smells really good. Huh. Let's go out to Crowley. Yep, Tarren County, that's where Crowley is. There's a family run fireworks stand called Johnny Fireworks. Your owner's guy named Jonathan Cook. And they got hit by some theft guy driving a Dodge truck. They got it on surveillance footage and tens of thousands of fireworks stolen from this family run business.
Speaker 1: That's brutal.
Speaker 2: They spend pretty much all of their year preparing for this weekend. Oh and they had tens of thousands of dollars stolen. Again, they did get the you know, security footage and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: He put up.
Speaker 2: The guy who runs the company's a guy named Jonathan Cook, and he put out a big Facebook post. He's like just kind of explaining what happened. One of the things I'll say at the end of the post, as he said, if you're out there and you recognize the truck, don't let's not call the cops.
Speaker 1: He's like, they may need it more than we do.
Speaker 2: And he's it's it's kind of wild that he's being really nice about it, because he's like, this is devastating to our family and all this, but there's a reason this is happening. Well, now all the news channels are going to interview this guy. And what people have been doing has been donating fireworks to him and his family, and now they can sell them. I guess I'm not sure how all that works. That's kind of confusing, and I'm no expert on the small firework business, although I have worked a shift or to in a fireworks state.
Speaker 1: Let's go, man, just like.
Speaker 4: Landry Locker, you guys, Christina, you guys have those of crandall atufs and only that's a big thing, right for.
Speaker 1: A small twime My first job, oh you too.
Speaker 4: I think the only two businesses in a small town is firecracker, stand in snow cone stands.
Speaker 2: No fune stands are huge. Yeah right, Well I'm gonna play you a little bit audio here from Uh. This is just a I don't even know who's doing this, but he posted this on his Facebook and it's some people bringing fireworks to him.
Speaker 9: It's support tiny Fireworks Stand eighteen sixty four here, Fey'll make yourself Come on out south drop man. They got gow with prices in the city. Come on out today today, y'all come on lifted it all.
Speaker 1: He's just telling people that John johnyok, that's not him.
Speaker 2: It's just a random dude who took his fireworks there, and he's like promoting like this is where they are. They're still gonna have fireworks, and people are now taking some extra fireworks they have and other fireworks business. I'm sure getting involved and they're dropping off fireworks and they can now I guess help them get through the you know, the holiday.
Speaker 4: So what is this is like a strong Christian faith. He thinks that there's a plan, a bigger plan in play, and he's like okay with it or yeah, there's have I have a thought on this? What is what are his initials? J C?
Speaker 1: His is this the Jesus. I think this is Jesus. Fireworks Jesus.
Speaker 4: I think this fireworks Jesus reincarnated, and I think he's here to teach us a divine lesson during this shocking time in the Middle East. He has risen, not in the figurative sense and the literal, so he has come home on the fourth of July. Dude, I'm I'm always so impressed by people whose faith is so strong. Like I have a friend who was snowskiing and he's basically paralyzed from the neck down. Pretty tragic thing. And the first time I talked to him, he told me that he was glad that it was him, And I was like, what he goes My daughter was thirty seconds behind me, and I'd rather it be me than her.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that is a strong faith. And if he's just is he?
Speaker 4: If he? I thought you were going to say, if anybody knows this truck, get with me so I can deliver vigilante justice. Don't contact the author. I thought that's where you're gonna But you're saying, He's like, Hey, they may need it more than me. That's strong, he said. If you need that, hed put their license plate out there. He said, if you know them or can find them, tell them to contact me. I want to give them two hundred dollars so they can get back on their feet. Now there's a reward for stealing. How do the authorities can't just go get them that one?
Speaker 1: They probably can't.
Speaker 4: I mean, if we have the driver, the license plate numbers. But unless it's a stolen truck, did Jesus want the authorities that this is? This is a powerful lesson from j C himself. This is pretty awesome. And any fireworks if you want to, just if you're out that way. But here's the other shocking thing about this story. There's really that many people sitting around with surplus fireworks in their garage. Yeah, I bet he was, I bet are Yes, they're insane to me. I bet he has his own fireworks stand somewhere, right. The other guy, Yeah, maybe stole it and it's gonna go sell it.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh you're talking about the dodge Ram. It was a pretty nice dodge Ram, so yeah, I'm sure that was stolen. The dodge Ram was still I mean, if they're a good criminal, they're a good criminal, you would not go you would steal something to go steal other things.
Speaker 2: Was he wearing a mask of himself when he stole it? Because no one I'll ever think of you if you're wearing a mask of yourself.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't mind working for this guy. He seems very sharp. Johnny fireworks with the guy, the guy in the dodge ram. He stole a really nice truck. Did the mission impossible face thing with his own fat Yes, with his own face. Yeah right, all right, Kevin, thank you for your incredible reporting.
Speaker 1: Did you hear that? Christina? Yea, yeah, so good.
Speaker 4: Thank you to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. They are the sponsor of this segment. There's only one location of Andrews and all of DFW, but it's so good. It was named best pizzeria in the Metroplex by readers of the Dallas Morning News. They've mastered five different types of pizza. So if you're one of those people, it's like, man, I like New York pizza, Well you can go to Andrews. Do you like Detroit style, No problem, you can go there. Five different types mastered so well that readers of the Dallas Were News say it's the very best in town. So if you're a true foodie and you want to try the best pizza in DFW had that Andrews and American Pete's Kitchen in Plano, Texas Preston and Plano Parkway.
Speaker 1: But right now it's not for this.
Speaker 2: All right. Today is July first, So let's take a look at the month of June on the Ben and Skin Show. Because we had a lot of crap happened. I think in this segment, I'd like to just turn our attention towards Ben. Ben.
Speaker 4: Are there enough bloopers for me to take up a full segment? Yeah, I think we're gonna have a carryover. Well, I think we'll be okay, let's see here we go. This happened earlier last month. How about a watch?
Speaker 1: It's fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean my wrists are too skinny. Watches look like clunky things on my skinny wrist, So I.
Speaker 1: Don't like watch. I like watches. We got a nice rist though. We said I like watch.
Speaker 6: I like what.
Speaker 4: Not only that. That's also his description of his voyeuristic tendencies with porn.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Good luck out there, y'all.
Speaker 6: I like what.
Speaker 1: I hope y'all had it big that's so funny. It's like you brought up a TV show. I like TV.
Speaker 2: We're doing the story about the zebra that was missing up there in Kentucky, and Ben had an interesting theory about zebras.
Speaker 4: I'm curious if you if you think about horses in their role in Earth. I like where this is going. They have They have such a prestigious role. They were the number one means of transportation for I don't know centuries. Yeah, and dude, now there's horse racing there. You know, they're considered athletes. Zebra's got the short end of the stick and they don't get any respect for anything, Like they have a better paint.
Speaker 1: Job, they have a better paint job. They're more of a loner beast.
Speaker 2: I think it's a deeper conversation about the racial divide in this country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's no horse racial horse. They're small.
Speaker 4: Zebras are smaller than horses. They're not as tall, they way less and they're not quite as fast. This is one of the better zebra segments we've done. Yeah, you've got I'll rake it up there with the row. There's a hierarchy in this the type of animal. There's the mule, the donkey, or there is a mule and a donkey the same thing. There's a zebra, which is kind of an outlaw, you know, and then there's the horse, and then on top of the horses there's the Clydesdale.
Speaker 1: So there's like this whole range of things.
Speaker 4: But for whatever reason, the standard horse has gone on to do great things and the zebra's done nothing, you know, with a better paint job. Want to have your mind blown? Yeah, combine a mule and a donkey monkey. Yep, I don't think so, tim Yep, yep, yep. This also happened earlier in the month. Why aren't there more protests about puffoles? Uh huh?
Speaker 1: That should be happy? It is that what's going on in l A right now? I'm not following news. What's going on?
Speaker 4: I just see crowds, and I'm assuming it's about potholes. Were you guys watching a lot of that last night? No?
Speaker 1: No, all right, coming up next? I want dat Come on, dude, I look for you. I follow FC Dallas so good immediate. No, No, that shocked me, dude, shock Magnox not swimming in politics?
Speaker 4: Didn't watch I love when we are all laughing at something in real time, and that we listen back to.
Speaker 1: It and all of our new laughter is merging with oh, that's great.
Speaker 2: Last one of this segment, ben Uh, you you had a little bit of a cheese rant that you went.
Speaker 4: Only every time I hear the word cheese, I think of old school and Vent's Vond when Cheese walks in there. They were trying to remember how they knew a guy. He'd grown up and become the dean of the college. His nickname is Cheese, and they go cheese. I just one of those things stuck in my head, and dude, I have I'm telling you, I have found the greatest cheese I'd have ever.
Speaker 1: I found it through social media. It's like pre cooked cheese.
Speaker 4: It's pretty fa It's like the size of a grilled cheese sandwich, but there's no bread, so it's keto horrific. And you just make it in an air fryer or fried or whatever, and it's like you cut it into four strips and it's like mazzarella sticks with no breading. Incredible, dude, it is so good. I got it at a Brazilian steakhouse. This is turning into Chris Arnold type. Was at a Brazilian steakhouse and they're we don't do that. Oh yes, And they were walking around with like the meat, you know, and you're like, yeah, the green flags up cut some of that meat off. All of a sudden, the cheese guy rolled up. All he had was this cheese.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dude, this is better than the steak And then I out online and now the frogs are disparing just seeing a bulk of music up telling you this cheese is so good. I thought about introducing it to the brewer. I was like, we should serve this. It is so good.
Speaker 4: Roller Town cheese works. Yeah, all right, it is true that cheese is one of the best things I've ever discovered.
Speaker 1: We want to go there right now. Just listening to it so good. I love cheese amazing.
Speaker 4: By the way, the guy at that Brazilian steakhouse, the cheese guy, Big Ben and skin show listener, is that right, big listener?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 4: It was kind of like fight club when you know the waiter walks up. He like walked up and knew, yeah, has brought me the cheese. By the way, the final episode of season three of The Bear, they make fun of Salt Bay.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's fantastic. Really look for that. It's very subtle, but you'll dig it. All right, there you go, There are my June. Are we carrying any over nuts?
Speaker 9: Next?
Speaker 1: All right, coming up next, we turn our attention to Skins.
Speaker 4: June bloopers. Don't go towhere. This is three minutes away. Next on the Eagle. We've got a lot of good stuff going on. We are dead in the middle of our June bloopers. We always do this as we kick off a new month. And here with more is kt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we took a look at Ben and now we should take a look at Skin for a second here, and I trust me, I'll get some some of the heat in a minute. But Skin made a joke on the air that you know, I don't know, maybe it did age. Well, let's find out this happened again last month.
Speaker 1: Sixty seven. I remember this. Tar is the movie twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: I only remember because it was nominated for Best Picture Number sixty second. You know.
Speaker 4: The sequel of that was Tartar, and it was about a delicious tunea dish.
Speaker 1: If I do it, there's at least a visual reaction was to let it go, let it to the sorry.
Speaker 4: I think people enjoyed that, and I think it'll be celebrated more later in life. Is it being celebrated more later? It is. I was at a big meeting earlier today. A couple of people brought that joke. A couple of people, yep, independently.
Speaker 1: Now, look, you didn't make joking about the tartar joke from a couple.
Speaker 2: Of weeks ago, because now you can save it though, because if you look back over to work over the over a time period, though, you might have build yourself out with this creation.
Speaker 4: By the way, I was driving into work today behind a black portion and the license plate said uh and what did it say?
Speaker 1: It said, I like this?
Speaker 4: Sorry, go ahead, Okay, you know what I want to get Fanned for his birthday. I want to get him a new license plate with no vowels in it that just says g l F k l L. Look at this license plate, Read this, Read this, and tell me that's not the car I'm going to follow. Oh it's a guilf wife. Yeah, the LIFs plate said Guilf wife, and so it's golf.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 4: I couldn't wait to get up to see her, and I was like, no, I don't think so. And it was like, golf one, dude cheers, so let's get him one g l F K l l R. And that is a personalized killer, all right. It's submitted Sketch Show ninety seven point one.
Speaker 1: The Eagle a weird thing to have on your well.
Speaker 7: I think he's really good at golf. Maybe he's like I guess he's a golf killer.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: When you get out there and everyone's laying out on you can just hear the ice cracking beneath you. Once I stumbled into an area where I couldn't remember what I was trying to I was.
Speaker 1: I gave up immediately. I'm not gonna try to remember what that is. White flag, white flag.
Speaker 2: I had a bit of an issue with bubble voice or whatever you want to call it here, and uh, it was a problem.
Speaker 4: I feel helpless with some of this stuff like brain eating Amoba. Yeah, it's tough. Get you, get you, man, It's like, how are you gonna what do you do? Just shut down the world because a lady died from a braining amieba, Like, I don't I don't know anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do with any of the stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, I do think at some point we need to revisit that audio and see if that was chipmunk KT that waged in there. Hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was tough, all right, cand Of go marinate the chicken. I'll be your back, Christina. What's Oh my god?
Speaker 5: That's so good?
Speaker 4: Did you hear that?
Speaker 1: He wheezed through? Christina? What's happening next? Both those things?
Speaker 4: Permanent drops, tough, We get you, get your brain eating amba, Yeah, tough, we get your get you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was tough, all right, cand Of go marinate the chicken. I'll be your back, Christina. What's Oh my god, that's Christina? What's we hear that? Gear bag? Christina?
Speaker 4: What's if you don't know any context, that's the craziest you've ever heard?
Speaker 1: Christina? What's Oh? That truly stupid? Okay man? For some reason, we were talking about Rush and uh, this happened.
Speaker 2: Number three. Rush used to come on after us. This is twenty thirteen. This is directed by Ron Howard. It's Chris Hemsworth and Olivia Wilde. I think Geddy Lee's in that I did not see. I got it.
Speaker 1: It's kind of good. Good now, yeah, you have a bed run here Yeah, you needed to step out of the limelight from minute.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm gonna choose free will you're killing I was in nice Spirit on the radio right now because you're a bad jokes.
Speaker 1: That was meta. I'm sawyer.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: There you go, those those Elmer moment. They have a bit of a joke struck there the radio for whatever reason. Spirit on the radio right now because you're a bad jokes team, it was just a really good one to get in. Probably snook it in. Okay, there's that.
Speaker 2: We had some live spot care in the last month though, so we need to make it up to Reliant, to Twisted Root and to the Chalk.
Speaker 4: Tawk and we will do that next coming way. Don't miss this. We're in the middle of our June bloopers. We've gone over Mine and Skin and Kat. Now we're going to take a look at some live reads. Yeah, we had some live spot issues. Or maybe it's not issues. Maybe it's all great. Let's start with doing a show last month out at the Chalk Talk Casino. Yeah, going out there, but we had a special guests popping on this live spot.
Speaker 1: Before we get there, though.
Speaker 4: We're broadcasting live today from the Chalk Talk Casino and Resort, Durant.
Speaker 1: I think you could tell we love these guys.
Speaker 4: These guys are more than our partners, are family guys and man, we recently came up here and the three of us came and Christina cam she brought her boyfriend and it was a part of it.
Speaker 10: He came.
Speaker 1: We all. That's why it was a good time for everybody.
Speaker 4: Hey, Christina, are you still on I'm still here. Then you want to apologize to anybody. We all came to the Chalk Talk. We came to see the Black Keys up. We went to eighteen thirty two the Steakhouse, and we went and gambled in the casino.
Speaker 1: I don't see. Oh that's funny.
Speaker 4: And one of the great things about the time we spend up here at the Chalk Talk Casino and Resort and Duran, Oklahoma, is that they have these million dollar giveaways that are happening on three different occasions this summer. Now, the first one is happening, just happened, and a nice lady from Garland and Ice grandmother just won a million dollars. Then July the fifth, that's the Saturday, and August second, that's a Saturday. We're gonna crown two more million dollar winters. Am I right, yes, we are, we are. Are you going to be here for that? Well? Shoot your shoot? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is your name?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Sue Pickett?
Speaker 2: Sue?
Speaker 4: Do you have a good time when you come to the Chalk Talk see on Resort Durant, Oklahoma?
Speaker 1: Always hell? Yeah? Did you come to see the Black Keys a couple of weeks ago?
Speaker 8: No, I don't do that.
Speaker 1: I come to Oh.
Speaker 4: I don't know if your pulling there, but I assumed it was a slot had a girl. Sure, yeah, just making sure. This has been a crazy spot, if you know what I mean. But it's Sue, is an honor to have you on with us. I hope you have a great time, and good.
Speaker 1: Luck to you. Thank you so much. And I always have a great time. All right, U throws down. We love her?
Speaker 4: And she comes to the Chalk Talk Casino in Resort Durant, Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: Kill me what a great We're a great sign off phrase? It is pretty dope. I always have a great time.
Speaker 4: People walk up to our table all the time when we have a headset on or broadcasting, and so she just was standing right there. So instead of me talking to her while I was on the air. I just hand her to the headset letter to a spot with skin and it didn't even impact him at all.
Speaker 1: He just rolled right through it.
Speaker 4: The thing, the thing that's so impressive about her is for her to have the patience to wait and talk until she was addressed.
Speaker 2: I was very impressed. Twisted Root, get it a little read for them. This happened earlier in the month.
Speaker 4: And then they also have, you know, their normal burgers on the menu, like the Tree Hugger or D's Nuts, Lowrider, the Turk Luckling. I mean, they got a lot of good burgers out with pickles.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, God, never interrupt the guy when he's doing a live read. Where were you skin? I don't know, man.
Speaker 4: Anyways, Twisted Rout Burger Company, you can get a ten percent discoun Hey, let's give him a discount. Oh, Ben and skin and skin discount. Yeah, I mentioned Ben and skin and whatever you do. Don't mention that pickle moment that KT just had. Hey, KT, do you have any audio over it? Okay, they screw you, but give us the audio read. We love Reliant yep, and we had a little moment with them. You're gonna notice the last week. Last month, Ben had a little bit of a cold at some point. So Ben's voice sounds crazy, is.
Speaker 1: Right before Ben got sick? Sick?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember this again, blue person from the month of June before we get there. Thank you to Reliant air Conditioning. Our guy, Jeff Stewart owns Reliant air Conditioning, but we try.
Speaker 1: Not to go play golf with him one time. That's a great story.
Speaker 4: Hey, dude, tell that Jeff Stewart story again about that time you played golf with him.
Speaker 1: I love the details. Day of the week was it question? It was a Saturday? Okay, weather it was pretty good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, follow up? All right, hold out on a whole four. I think that's a lie for an.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Jeff Stuart Heliant air Conditioning, he was there when he played golf with him.
Speaker 1: God, the details just get better and better. I can't breathe. I've got that.
Speaker 4: Thank you the Liont air Conditioning at eight seven seven, your hero. We love working with them. We love Jeff Stewart, we love that he plays golf with k T.
Speaker 1: You hear me coughing all my okay, follow up amazing.
Speaker 4: Ben was legitimately sick like after that day, I think is when you went because that was a Friday, and I think you went in the tank on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Don't eat that, but let's save a little room. And in the show with some was why was there porn music on the local news? A prank? Some fake commercials?
Speaker 4: And next Ben an skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Maybe you've been hearing about that big cash contest we got going on. I know you want to win one thousand dollars. Go to nine seven one The Eagle dot com for all the times when it's popping and man, maybe you're the.
Speaker 1: One it's gonna win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Now, this segment right here is brought to you by Rollertown beer Works.
Speaker 1: That is the brewery that Ben and I are.
Speaker 4: Partners in, and we have huge doings this weekend because it's our five year anniversary. Ben, you and I are going to be out there all weekend long and it really gets cranking Thursday. As soon as we finish the show, I'm high tailing it to Rollertown because we're starting this whole thing off with one of our favorites, Brand New Funk is in the building. We're gonna have a vintage swap meet there, we're dropping a new beer, Chazzy's Tacos. I mean, it's all week and long, but Thursday it gets going in a big, big way. Yeah, if you're one of those folks who's been waiting to get out to see us at roller tenants the line of waiting for me and Skin to be there, you know we're we're there quite a bit, but you just never know. Well, we're gonna be there all weekend long, like you said, so, if this could be the weekend for you to come raise a glass and celebrate five years for us with us, we'd love that. Yeah, we're gonna be rocking some music being one July the fourth. On July the fifth, we have our cake cutting for a five year anniversary, so we will be posted up all weekend. My insiders tell me that we might get a special appearance from Gator and Papa Oh fourth if you want to come on out and salute some patriots. But anyways, Roller Town Beer Works, Salina, Texas. But right now it's time for this a kill.
Speaker 1: This thing's big. Yeah, let's wrap up our review of the month of June.
Speaker 2: Some of the things that happened on our show that need to be reinvestigated before we forget about them forever.
Speaker 1: Because today's July first. Happy July, everybody.
Speaker 2: We did the story in June about the python that got loose in Garland. Yes, and we were kind of surprised with how Channel eight decided to handle this coverage. At the time of the report, Channel five and Channel eleven are sitting this one out.
Speaker 1: Channel eight and Channel four though all over it. Here's Channel Ate.
Speaker 2: One man in Garland says he was so terrified of this fifty foot python he jumped.
Speaker 1: On top of his truck. I would too. The Garland Animal show porn music.
Speaker 4: The music is a terrible choice. This is some gallon Greg Fields of the Channel Late Morning.
Speaker 3: Is he doing?
Speaker 1: I just start of trying to wake everyone up in a sultry way. This show, this show is, this is the more.
Speaker 4: It's called am Poundtown, right, I think Dan's get up this morning. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They say it took a few tries, a lot of patients, but they didn't steeply and impounded.
Speaker 1: That has got to escape from someone's now you hear the moan from Greg Fields.
Speaker 2: A lot of patients but they didn't seeply capture and impound it.
Speaker 1: Damn, that has got to escape from someone's home. They're watching, Yes, okay, impounded that has got what's the music? He's moaning while she says watch it. She says, watch him pound it and moans.
Speaker 2: And impound it has from some cots them.
Speaker 4: That's not like natural feature him like staring at her in whatever she's wearing, and he's admired it.
Speaker 1: Damn he's standing on the desk. Man. That was so weird. It's like pillow talk. Yeah, that was less laugh out loud fun. He was just weird. Threw me off. I expect more from your channel, dude.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry all of us kind of stopped down with the music. We're like, why is the music so loud and so seductive?
Speaker 4: Your guy, Matt Howardton did a follow a report on that report. Yeah, I thought the bed from your computer was bleeding over into the news.
Speaker 1: Let's make sure I have dysles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew the entertainment spot in the mall at the gallery of one of the top ten malls in America, the Netflix House. So they're going to have some things called squid Game survived the trails the Trials trails just.
Speaker 1: Lex, I think it's trials. It's trials, it is. It's tough, man, it looks so close, you know what.
Speaker 7: Speaking of squid Game, that third seasons, it's third season, right, Yeah, Mike brought it up last night. I'm like, man, I think I'm squid gamed out.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I watched the trailer for it. I'm like, this seems exactly like everything else they've done. And I heard there was going to be an American version. Is that true? Yeah, it's called The Floor, It's got I think they're actually producing an American version Octopus Game.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I think I quit Squid Game after three episodes or something of season one. I never got around to a lot of people love it though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I wouldn't say fun, but it's very intriguing.
Speaker 1: People died a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: Start stop game where people just get annihilated. I didn't really like that one.
Speaker 7: I think that's what it was, the shock factor. And then after you know, two seasons of that, you're like, Okay, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Are they gonna do this in America? And really, actually they are. It's called The Alligator Alcatraz. More on that next week.
Speaker 1: Yep. Remember the zebra that got loose in Kentucky. I'll never forget it. Here's what I called the lady from city hall. Oh yeah, good morning.
Speaker 2: Oh Hi, my name is Frank. I just had a quick question. I don't know if I'm at in the right department. Did you ever find that zebra that's on the loose? No, it's still out there. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I saw it on the news.
Speaker 2: It looks like a dad gm QR code running around. So I was down there in Eagleville a couple of days ago, and uh, you know on the near the the the Lingis family, you know, Connie and zebra was there and he said, I'll be white black. Okay, It's it's just kind of crazy. I can't believe we haven't found the zebra yet. I mean, there's no gray area here, just black and white.
Speaker 1: You know, I got you. Do you think we're gonna find it? I don't know. Can I help you with.
Speaker 2: He can help me with a lot of things, if we're being honest, mean, been looking into doing some budgeting.
Speaker 1: Okay, how can I help you? We got to find that zebra first, though, priorities. Man, Well, I've got.
Speaker 2: I'm on a switchboard, so if I can't help.
Speaker 1: You, I need to hang up. Yep, yep, all right, rock on. I love you.
Speaker 2: I really hope they didn't have We're on a switchboard for like important calls? Was she getting like emergency calls and stuff?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, a switchboard?
Speaker 4: What is this? Nineteen fifty four, she's in Mayberry? Yeah, like what there's a switch I mean, if you listen, it actually sounds like she's doing patch base back there.
Speaker 1: It is weird.
Speaker 2: The hell is a weird thing. Also, we found some in the last month. We discovered some old spots, some old spec spots on.
Speaker 1: My hard drive.
Speaker 2: Kind of fun to hear y'all's voice. Well that's not a good one. Let's do this one.
Speaker 1: Hold on. It's on the Eagle, which is a station in the Metroplex kglfm H.
Speaker 4: I'm jeffskin Wade from the Ben and Skin Show here with my friend Ben, and we wanted to tell you about the new website called set It, a site that Ben and I are invested in play with our balls. Skin and I have been friends since nineteen eighty two, but we've also been friends with many other people over the years as well, people who claim to have said something even though you're not sure if they really said it or not. For example, I was playing Fortnite with Jason, Big Steve and a cop from Prosper the other night and I made a joke and then the cop said, that's what I said. Now was said it? A website that Skin and I are invested in play with our balls. You can log into the website and claim the things you've said before, so nobody questions if you said it or not. All you have to do is log in, type in the phrase that you said, and it's all yours. Before long, everyone will know that you were the one who said it, said it.
Speaker 1: You said it.
Speaker 4: Now we believe you sucause I said it.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. Oh good.
Speaker 4: That is such an amazing concept too. I think what happened when you first played us these I didn't know what was about to happen. I was so overwhelmed my head was spinning that What was lost on me is the genius of a business called I said it, Yeah, and you log on to claim what you've said. Then there's a jingle. There's a jingle for it, and then the other thing is my voice. There sounds like me merge together with Matt Moseley. Okay, it's really strange. Okay, this is another one just from you know. We'd played this last month. Hey, it's Ben and Skin here for a boner Toner. Now that Skin and I are at the age where men commonly get a rectel dysfunction, we have decided to raise our game and let our glory shine.
Speaker 1: Simple.
Speaker 4: When you're bricked up all the time like us, there's more to see. And that's why you need Bonertner where you can give your little dude a beautiful hue.
Speaker 1: Don't have a dull dong all your life. Let it shine with boner Toner.
Speaker 4: That's right, Ben, With just one spray, you'll have the shiniest this side of the Mississippi. You just spray one shot of boner Toner on your dong, wipe it down like a bowling ball, and then let the good times roll. Plus order in the next ten minutes and you'll get a free extra pack of Wiener wipes and a five dollars.
Speaker 1: Chipotle gift card. It's boner Toner, a brighter complexion for your erection.
Speaker 2: A bone.
Speaker 1: You gave it the sprits say, shiny all daddy weird product too. This doesn't seem like that's a very good product that you would need.
Speaker 4: That is that a did you say a golden hue? A beautiful, beautiful, beautiful hue. And there's one more.
Speaker 1: From last month clearly today's July first.
Speaker 4: Everyone, Hey, it's Ben and Skin here for Taekwon Don's opening in North Dallas on North Central Expressway. Skin and I have been talking about doing taekwondo for nearly thirty years, and now thanks to Taekwon Don, we can now bow to our sense right off seventy five and Jupiter, and if you use the promo code Eagle, you'll receive a free headband autographed by Taekwon Don's ex wife. That's right, Ben, Taekwon Don Show has finally he got his yellow belt.
Speaker 1: And is ready to be in business. At the age of eighty nine.
Speaker 4: Taekwon Don can teach you classic taekwon do techniques that will be sure to make the ladies swoon despite being in a wheelchair. His years of experience will give you the edge in things like home invasions, bar fights, and when my son threatens.
Speaker 1: To kick my ass.
Speaker 4: It's Taekwon Don in his new dojo at seventy five and Jupiter don't be senseless and defenseless. Go to Taekwon Don's today opening on North Central Expressway. Hi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his ex wife bones half defeasiness.
Speaker 2: I did look it up afterwards after we played this and runs the yellow belts like the second best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not good, such part of the genius. He's ninety and in a wheelchair.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget the time. KT look Taekwon Don dead in his sinse's eye and he said.
Speaker 2: It's good to think about the past. You know, as you get older you last. That time flies yeap.
Speaker 1: And that tied into the bloopers from June.
Speaker 4: All right, Christina is gonna stick around and play some tunes right here.
Speaker 1: On the Eagle. Here you going, sorry, I'm gonna get some cheeks after this horse powerge joint.
Speaker 4: That's your answer,