Speaker 1: Following chemotherapy, women with recurrent ovarian cancer had to simply watch and wait for their disease to come back. Well, we say not on my watch, Not on my watch, Not on my watch. Now, with maintenance therapies, women can extend their time in response and delay recurrence.
Speaker 2: Knowledge and awareness of your choices empowers.
Speaker 3: You and gives you a greater sense of control.
Speaker 4: Let's call for a change in ovarian cancer care.
Speaker 1: But not on my watch movement empowers women facing recurrent ovarian cancer to take an informed and active role in managing their disease. Visit not on my watch dot com to learn more.
Speaker 5: Well, he's not up on a billboard yet, but will the Bengals win another game this season?
Speaker 6: The one and only sports Commandoh.
Speaker 5: The wild Man without the aid of a front row table at Annie's anymore sadly, but he's here tonight again on the nightcap after basketball wild Man Walker, Good evening, and welcome to the show one more time.
Speaker 6: How are you.
Speaker 7: Good, good Man?
Speaker 8: I'm doing great because I just got back from the grocery store because we're going to get some snow, so I'm gonna be prepared. So I bought milk toilet paper, eggs, and what else?
Speaker 7: That something else?
Speaker 6: You're you're one of those.
Speaker 7: I'm prepared. I'm one of those.
Speaker 6: You're one of those.
Speaker 5: You're the reason there's no You're the reason is there's no bread, milk, or toilet paper in the store anymore because it's the other thing. Yes, because of the climate. Terrorists have told you that the S word is in our future.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, they've They've broken me, They have broken me.
Speaker 6: I mean, have you already been liked? Have you always been like this?
Speaker 5: I mean, the second you hear snow in the forecast, you go, oh my god, I may never get out of my house again.
Speaker 6: Are you one of those?
Speaker 8: No, I'm not like that, but I don't like snow. I don't like it. Well, and it's not much, you know, but I mean, I just uh, you know, I never was a boy scout, but I something like this. Be prepared, so right, got plenty of I've got plenty of, plenty of food and cookies.
Speaker 5: Well, now now that Biden has given uh Zelensky long range missiles to hit inside Russia, are you are you food prepping for the for the m armageddon that some people say is coming World War three? You need to have at least three seventy two hours worth of food available, you know that in case, in case there's a shortage.
Speaker 7: There's nobody I know today is that there's no way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's The preppers are everywhere. You're so you are a snow prepper. You're not a war prepper. Prepper, you're not an armageddon prepper, but you're a snow prepper.
Speaker 6: Yeah, snow prep all right, So how do we.
Speaker 7: Proll on your chain? Now?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 5: How do we sure whatever? You've already confessed? So anyway, how do we prep for the rest of the big season so we can be safe, our emotions, can can survive what's ahead for this season and what we've seen so far.
Speaker 8: What do you well, I'll I'll put in a layman's terms, the Bengals chances to get in the playoffs are slim and none. And slim has left town. I mean, they got to win all seven games remaining in the season.
Speaker 7: Ive they got seven games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's foreign now four and seven, so there's seventeen games. They've got six games left, including two against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they got to win all sixs and.
Speaker 5: The Pittsburgh Steelers look like they could be a super Bowl team.
Speaker 6: They really do. Yeah, don't you think?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, without a doubt, without a doubt, it could be, could be the Steelers, could be the Lions.
Speaker 7: Who knows.
Speaker 5: That's that's my prediction. I'm going out on the limb right now. I think I text you this during the game or whatever on Sunday that I think it is the Steelers and the Lions who will square off in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Let's break that down for just a second.
Speaker 5: What do you think of that that matchup as being a very possible outcome.
Speaker 8: Well, Russell Wilson has done pretty well since they made him the starting quarterback. They have an okay running game, but they you know, the Steelers rely on the defense.
Speaker 7: They've always relied on the defense.
Speaker 6: They beat Baltimore without scoring a touchdown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and the Lions, the Lions just keep racking up.
Speaker 8: Mike, Mike Tomlin has been down the road before win playoffs, so it's nothing new to him.
Speaker 5: And that Steelers defense looks like it might at least slow down that Detroit Lions offense because again, this this past week, the Lions were just lights out.
Speaker 7: Any thoughts was sad? Yeah, that was sad against Jacksonville. That was sad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well everything everything, everything in Jacksonville is said these days, let's talk about the Bengals.
Speaker 6: And how this unwound again.
Speaker 5: It seemed to me like a microcosm of the whole Bengals season because, uh, they started slow again on the season.
Speaker 6: They started slow in the game.
Speaker 5: I thought it was going to be a blowout at half and and and then.
Speaker 8: No, I guarantee a number of TVs went off at halftime.
Speaker 5: And then they gave you that that fool's gold in in the in the third and fourth quarters, like okay, here they come. They tie the score and McPherson can't hit a field goal, the former Moneymack who was now broke Mac and uh and the Bengals just fall short again at the end. It just seems like that's the way it's been the last couple of years for a team.
Speaker 7: That has bad luck.
Speaker 8: That's just the Sinnati Bengals. They just have no luck at all, just not they just don't. They just don't hit the brakes right now the last couple of years. Now, after the game, I laughed at what Zach Taylor said that they are a good football team. And then when Joe Burrow said, we're not a good football team. So what's that tell you something's wrong there in Denmark Right now?
Speaker 5: I've heard a lot of talk on this station about how they need a raw ra guy because Zach Taylor isn't a raw raw guy. Joe Burrow, I mean, he's honest, but he's kind of a matter of fact, he's not, you know, boosting somebody in the locker room. And the remark was made that of all the things you could say about Joe Mixon, he was that kind of guy and you're missing that in the locker room. What are your thoughts on that? Well?
Speaker 7: I was against, you know, I was against trading Joe Mixon.
Speaker 6: I really was.
Speaker 8: The guy doesn't fumble the ball. He was a good soldier when he was here. And that's just I don't I don't understand that. I don't know if the Bengals front office starts listening to these media guys, oh the salary cap, blah blah blah, I don't understand it. And he should have you should have stayed here and that team that him and uh him and the Chase Brown should have been the running backs. I went on and got Zach Moss and he hasn't Dudley Squad.
Speaker 6: He hurt, He got hurt. Yeah, you know, got hurt.
Speaker 5: And and here you go a lot of people, you know, just knee jerk. You you always call for the firing of somebody when things go awry. I've had some famous conversations with you about other people's He should have been fired.
Speaker 6: That was a stupid mistake.
Speaker 5: I can hear it echoing in my head right now, wild man. But Duke Tobin, you talk about the front office and you you want to I mean, Duke Tobin has a whole trail of terrible moves as somebody who's in charge of player personnel.
Speaker 6: Is it time for Duke Tobin to get fired?
Speaker 7: What did uh Zach Taylor say the other day?
Speaker 8: Wholesale changes aren't going to happen right now, and that would be stupid at this point of the seat and start kind of make also changes. But the Bengals front office with Mike Brown, Katie Brown, Troy Blackburn, they got they've got to really sit back and take a serious look at what's going on here here. You know, the Bengals made such a great, great, great move with the fan experience at pay Corpse Stadium, and now you've got it's like a train wreck. You know, they kind of screwed around with the contract, the contract of Jamar Chase. They've had a lousy draft choices. I mean, Miles Murphy number one pick, he couldn't tackle me. He had one tackle. He had one tackle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the conversation, the conversation of the Bengals failures to me, begins and ends with the defense, period full stop. You and I have argued, and you talked about the terrible play calling from Zach Taylor, and yes, I know exactly where you're coming from, and I agree with you that somebody else should be calling the plays. We've even said Joe Burrow should be calling the plays when he's out there, he's the field genm. But this defense was neglected and it absolutely stinks like rotten fish every time they're out there.
Speaker 8: And look at the guy, look at the guys that they let let go. They didn't even try to you know, they didn't even try to keep them.
Speaker 7: They just let them walk.
Speaker 5: Jesse Bates and and DJ reader Uh are the first names that come to people's minds. But you've got to manage a salary cap. You've got to manage your budget in the way that you see fit. The Bengals just appeared to be very miserly and once again not committed to putting together a complete team. And this is what we've left with now, four and seven.
Speaker 8: Those are worth how many bon dollar what do they work? Three billion dollars something like that, I don't know the money and get us the Super Bowl, but they don't. They just dance around and dance around, and it's really frustrating. I mean, especially for this the season ticket holders that have been down there forever.
Speaker 7: You're not sharing this.
Speaker 5: You're not with snow in the forecast. You're not going back up on a billboard anytime soon.
Speaker 7: Oh no, No, those days are over all.
Speaker 6: Right, more days are over Mare with the wild Man on the Nightcap.
Speaker 5: As we continue in moments on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred wl W Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: Still no timetable on when lanes will reopen. With the nine point thirty report, I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now. After placing shoring towers last week, Cruise have finally been able to get a closer view of damage done to the Big mac Bridge after a fire earlier this month, forcing southbound lanes to close. Tammy Campbell with the Ohio Department of Transportation met with the Cincinnati City Council Climate, Environment and Infrastructure Committee today and spoke to reporters after saying they have yet to put together that timeline for repairs in the reopening of the southbound lanes as damage was worse than originally thought it would be.
Speaker 12: Once we kind of know the extent of the damage and we'll be able to work through what the timeline is with the contractor and kind of figure that out. So, like I said, we'll have to start with the demolition plan to get all the bad stuff removed and then kind of work through that and then getting all the materials ordered that are needed.
Speaker 11: Cable acknowledging that the closures are leaving motorists frustrating. Now the latest traffic and weather together and right now taking a look at the major interstates and highways reports of Stavago traffics seventy five South between the I seventy four and Fort Washington Way exits.
Speaker 3: Now the late's forecast from a train heating and Cooling weather center on news Radio seven hundred WL w and fort.
Speaker 11: Of the cloudy sky tonight with patchy fogg the low down to forty six, claudy winds say, with a chance of morning showers and those clouds will gradually clear into the afternoon in a high fifty two. Going into Thursday, mostly cloudy with snowshowers likely into the late afternoon, un colder a high of thirty nine than a chance of some light snow accumulation for parts Thursday.
Speaker 9: Night.
Speaker 11: Radar right now is showing a some foggy conditions. Our current temperature is fifty seven degrees. Amen and woman are killed after a house explosion in Claremont County this morning. This happened at a residence on Vicjoy Driving, Tate Township near Bethel before nine o'clock. Bethel Tate's fire chief did confirmed crews heard reports of an explosion while they were responding. Once they arrived at the scene, they would see heavy fire and scattered debris. A third person, a man taking to UC Medical Center with burns. Neighbors, according to reports, say that he was a repairman who was alert and able to talk despite suffering those burns. Multiple pet cats also said to have died. The Ohio State Fire Marshall's office has been investigating the cause of that explosion. A Rompkey truck becoming trapped in a sinkhole this afternoon in Covington. It was in the two hundred block of the seventeenth Street between green Up and Gerard Streets just after one thirty. Rompkey said the driver wasn't hurt, but the truck eventually pulled from the sinkhole. More cabinet nominations announced by President elect Troumpez, one of them another questionable pick when it comes to working within health.
Speaker 13: Trump tapping noted vaccine skeptic Robert F. Kennedy Junior as Secretary of Health and Human Services, and the President elect announcing one of Kennedy's top deputies will be TV personality doctor Memit oz Oz, who ran a failed Senate campaign in Pennsylvania, now picked to run the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, working closely with Kennedy, though neither man has any government experience.
Speaker 11: ABC News is Mary Bruce College basketball you heard tonight on the Big one eighteenth rank UC picking up a seventy six to sixty win at NKU number nine Kentucky Cruise by Lipscom at Reparena ninety seven to two sixty eight. Xavior will place hostess play host of Siana Winsay n I cover starting on the Big one Toceapter six o'clock tip off from Sintas Center at six point thirty. The Miami RedHawks a college football to Miami Red Hawks are hosting Northern Illinois right now and into the second and half. Get you an updated score here on how that is going. It was a seventeen nothing advantage and still remains a seventeen nothing lead for the RedHawks over Northern Illinois as they approach halftime. The new college football Playoff rankings released. Ohio State is still ranked number two and would be the five seed. As a Big ten at large, they would face twelve seed BYU in the first round. It's the playoff again today. Indiana is ranked fifth and is set at seventh. They would host ten seed Ole Miss in the first round. In the current scenario. The buck Guys and Hoosiers are set to face off in Columbus this Saturday. Our next update is at ten o'clock. I'm Sean Galviager News Radio seven hundred WLWS.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred WLW Cincinnati available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 14: iHeartRadio is your number one app for the holidays. Just open the app and search Holiday and start listening. Now you'll see your local holiday radio station, plus all of other holiday stations, laylists, and podcasts. iHeartRadio free never sounded so good.
Speaker 5: Continuing our conversation with wild Man Walker on this Tuesday night, Gary Jeff with you on seven hundred WLW, The Nightcap and last Friday.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 5: It was the big ballyhooed, multimillion dollar extravaganza on Netflix known as Iron Mike Tyson Versus Jake Paul, two entirely different generations facing off in the boxing ring, and it was incredibly disappointing for anybody that tuned in. It's from everything I've heard, it was just, I mean, Tyson through what eight punches the entire time?
Speaker 6: Wild Man, well, you're.
Speaker 5: You're tea eighteen punch eighteen okay, so that's eight eight rounds, eighteen punches. I mean, how many people were And the thing was it wasn't pay per view. It was free on Netflix, so you weren't fleeced by watching it, but you were disappointed not only by the results of the bout, but all of the glitching and buffering. It was really hard to watch. From what I've been told, I did not try to even watch it. What what did you think?
Speaker 7: Well, my mind glitched out a couple of times and I had to drop off and get back on.
Speaker 8: But you know, watching the fight here, you know, the boxing vans were just hoodwink. I mean, we saw we saw these films leading up to the fight of Tyson, you know, beating the hell out of the bag and you know, moving in and moving in soone left, soe rights and he gets in the ring and what does he do. He's do like four or five punches in the first two rounds. He never he never threw one uppercut, which is his bread and butter, and he spent most of the night playing peekaboo and biting on his gloves.
Speaker 7: I mean, you can look at that fight and go, wait a minute, all these two guys, it's just a payday for them. Yeah, it's a payday.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Granted, you know, and granted you know we went the distance big, you know, whoop de doo. But the Texas Boxing Commission. There should be a shame of those helves that they sanctioned this fight. They really should be.
Speaker 5: I just it seemed like a payday when they first announced it, and then you know they delayed the fight, but they first announced it. I'm going come on. I know Mike Tyson was a great champion when he was twenty five, but he's fifty eight years old. He's almost sixty, he's almost my age. His ass cheeks look good, I guess on TV. I didn't see those either, But.
Speaker 7: I don't know about that.
Speaker 8: All I know, Gary Jeff, is that since Tyson got out of prison, up mostly but Tomato cans. And if I look at his resume, he fought Oh Holyfield twice and got beat and he fought LENNYX Lewis and got you know, I got put in the next week and hasn't fought anybody since. I mean, fifty eight years old. He looked every bit of fifty eight.
Speaker 7: After those eight rounds.
Speaker 9: I thought he was going to keel over.
Speaker 7: I really did.
Speaker 8: And then he walked into the ring with a knee brace on, Like, what the hell is that?
Speaker 5: Well, what are your thoughts on Jake Paul, who also benefited from this bogus payday. I mean, the money's real, but the fight wasn't.
Speaker 7: Jake Paul. It really hasn't fought anybody.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't know that much about his his you know, UFC Stubb or whatever, but he hasn't really fought anybody. I mean, come on, I mean his boxing style or if Tyson was twenty two, Tyson would have mopped him up on the floor, He just would have mopped him up.
Speaker 6: Well, it just didn't hold any interest for me.
Speaker 5: I remember Mike Tyson when I was at his age, when he was just mowing through people in his early twenties, when Costemato was still alive. And there's no way that somebody my age is going to I don't care how good is shape you or what kind of training you've had, and what kind of physical gifts you were given by God at.
Speaker 7: Birth father time, father time.
Speaker 6: Yes, and I.
Speaker 5: Knew that this was going to be awful from the get So my question is for you and everybody else who watched, why why did you watch.
Speaker 8: Just the hype, just the hype to see if Tyson, you know, could knock him out. And you know, Tyson talked a good game leading up to the fight. He really did, and he kept saying I'm in great shape blah blah blah. But I mean they hardly even you know, they hardly even threw any punches at each other. And Tyson only eighteen punches. Like I said, you know, he never went in decide at all, which was no Tyson style. Never went in, never threw any upper cuts. You know, after the rounds one and two, we basically played peekaboo and just threw a couple of jabs. I mean people could see that, you know, all the all the people that how about the people that dead on Tyson.
Speaker 7: Oh manat Live big time.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean people make make mistakes with their money all the time, including Mike Tyson. If he needed twenty million dollars guaranteed just to uh put on this charade, I wonder what his finances are, Like, I think.
Speaker 7: He's still I think he's still paying the irs.
Speaker 8: I really do oh Man twenty I'd be surprised that he probably probably came away just maybe when like four or five million, after everybody got their hands on him and owes the money.
Speaker 5: Hey, maybe if they maybe if they decide to fleece the voters and the the increase of sales tax in the Hamilton County in Cincinnati, maybe with a new arena we can get the next Mike Tyson fight. Uh they're talking about an eight hundred million dollar bill in the west part of downtown, either near.
Speaker 7: The two uh andy.
Speaker 5: And you know what it's gonna be if they if they're telling you it's gonna cost around eight hundred million, you know it's going to be one point five billion by the time they get done, right.
Speaker 8: Not not one red cent from this taxpayer or any other taxpayer to go build that arena. Someone is to building at the natter Lander group. We have more money than the Vatican and they want to they want an arena to let them pay for it, and them pay for it, you know. And then and then they bring up, you know, well we could get the NBC double A And then you've got a couple of clowns out there. They'll say, well what about we can maybe get the NHL to come here or the NBA that will never ever happen, will never happen, never happen, and plus tickets would be out of sight. They want an arena, you know, let the let the main tenant pay for it.
Speaker 7: But here's the other thing about this.
Speaker 8: We don't need a new arena with all the problems we got right now. The city's gonna make Mike Brown happy here. You know, the city's gonna make Mike brownappy.
Speaker 5: They well, the county, the county has to make money. This is a county.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, yes, but they got to make mirank Brown out. And there's other things like housing for people in this town. Warrant about a damn arena, Heritage Bank arena. You know, it served us time and it is still it's still serviceable. Who cares about the NCAA tournament coming here? I mean that arena is servicefb. I don't think in my lifetime or maybe years. So we'll see it in the arena.
Speaker 7: It goes right.
Speaker 8: We don't need it. We don't need it because it is gonna cost too damn much money. And I'm not paying a dime. I'm not paying one damn dime to build that arena. Let them build it themselves.
Speaker 6: Well, they're talking about a sin tax.
Speaker 5: Seventy percent of it would be publicly funded, which means you and me and anybody who buys anything in Cincinnati. Uh, and I just I'm kind of with you. I'm in your camp. I know a lot of people that are. I mean, our friend Sag Dennison and said, oh a heritage. Heritage is it's a blank hole and it needs to go and and he.
Speaker 7: Never goes down there. He hasn't a Cyclones game in the last fifteen years.
Speaker 9: How would he know?
Speaker 6: But but I mean, that guy.
Speaker 7: Lives the most boring life on the planet.
Speaker 8: Who's what's the last time he went down for a concert? I didn't see him there for kiss And when's the last time he went down for a concert?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure?
Speaker 9: Yeah, hasn't.
Speaker 5: I think that Seg only goes from his house to the studio and back.
Speaker 6: I think that's.
Speaker 7: Pretty much his life he lives.
Speaker 5: And that's and that's fine. Well, Whynna, you're never boring. And I appreciate the fact that you had time. Well you get yourself together to go find a billboard to sit on top of before the Bengals win another football game.
Speaker 7: Show me the money that we'll talk My people will talk.
Speaker 6: To your people.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, we'll get that there. Have you have you got a uh a forever never for me? As we close, out.
Speaker 8: Well, I always like to say pete forever, right, I always like, I always like to say that, right.
Speaker 5: So we got the forever and who rob Manfred? Yes, okay, you got it, you got it. Wild take care brother out all right, see you in church.
Speaker 7: Start without me if I'm not there, all.
Speaker 6: Right, we will seven hundred WLW. Hey, this is Kyle Brandt's You're busy.
Speaker 3: I'm busy, but every single Monday we take ten minutes.
Speaker 5: There, Harry Jeff Walker and uh continuing this hour of sports. Uh for the out of sorts. We just had wild Man on for a few minutes. And now the uh, the finishing layer, the icing on the cake, so to speak, the one and only Furball Andy Furman will opine on what. I have absolutely no idea, but I'm sure he's got something percolating there in that pressure cooker mind of his.
Speaker 6: Good evening, Furball.
Speaker 9: Good evening, Thank you so much enough. Of course, I was a little upset that I have to follow wild Man Walker and maybe you could have us on different days. But then I came to me the realization, like I know why you put me on after him to kind of like make it all seem correct, like change it and make it right. You know what I mean. I mean all the mishmas I was said prior to me. Now I can make the path a lot clearer for the people to hear.
Speaker 6: You are the great balancing act. Yes you are. Try you are the in to his yang or something like that.
Speaker 9: Let's get it gone right now. You know, I'm going to get started here. And I'm glad because I have the opportunity. It's not going to my shrink, which said I don't have to pay you, and there's no couch, but it's still all. It serves the same purpose. I've been listening to the radio for the last forty eight hours and I've always said this, and I know you're going to agree. I always thought that the masses are asses. They really are. The masses are asses, and I didn't make that up. The late Dick Young grew up for the New York Daily News, has always said that. And that's why when he wrote a column that was called Clubhouse Confidential for the New York Daily News and it was kind of like one liners, like notes. And I once asked him that, I said, why would you do that? I said, because the masses are asses. They can't digest what I would write, so I have to be a little tidbits. And it's true. And in this town, I wish the masses who are asses would get off Zach Taylor's ass right now because they they have no clue. I'm hearing the same thing that I heard back in the nineties. I'm not going to be your bang feet anymore. I'm giving all my tickets I refused to go. You know what, You're all full of it. It's a joke. And if I worked at the Bengals office, I'd be laughing so hard my pants would be wet. I really really would be. It's the same thing. What goes around comes around. You love football, you love the Bengals, you love the game, you love the National Football League. You're gotta go where a dry spell. First of all, the Bengals right now are outscoring their opponents, which is a plus right there. Number two, the game was a heartbreaker on Sunday, There's no doubt about that. However, any positive, but I'm gonna take a positive out of it. They all scored the charges and the charges of robbery thirteen points a game, yielding thirteen points a game. I think it was wonderful. I really do. Take a couple of plays here, a couple of plays there, and how people are calling up talk shows they want Zach Taylor fired.
Speaker 5: And for real, Andy, Andy, they didn't outscore the charges.
Speaker 6: That's why they lost the game.
Speaker 9: No, No, they're us scoring their opponents. Oh, okay, only they're us scoring their opponents this year.
Speaker 5: Oh, Joe, Joe Burrow is having a wonderful year. He's having a lifetime achievement year for passing yards. I looked at in the aftermath of Sunday's game. I'm looking Monday night or Monday morning watching Sports Center or NFL Network or something, and they're showing the top passers from the past week in the NFL. Joe was number three on that list with another three hundred and fifty six yards, three touchdowns, no interceptions. He's having a career year. And the Bengals are four and seven.
Speaker 9: Is amazing. You know, Jarrett Goff two weeks ago for the Detroit Lions. The quarterback threw five deceptions that game.
Speaker 6: And the Lions still won.
Speaker 9: The Bants and they won. Okay, Burrow throws five touchdowns and they lose, It's not real. And look I get it. But here's the sad part of it. But all look good that he's had. He's having a career year, it's having a great year. He will not be an MVP because he will not be an MVP the team with a losing records and it probably will end up with the losing record MVP. Probably as we stand right now, we'll probably go to Lamar Jackson. Okay, he'll get the m v P, no doubt about that. Or then the may be someone out out there. I think if I had a vote, I probably vote for Saquon Barkley or the Philadelphia Eagles the running back. And it's very rare that a running back will get an MVP award. I mean, it's not gonna happen, but probably a quarterback. It's like the Heisman Trophy. But here's the deal. Joe Burrow may walk away with no awards whatsoever. He's not going to get the Comeback Award, all right, he's not gonna get the Offensive Player Award, and he won't get the MVP Award, which in fact that this team at the winning record, he'd be online for at least two of those awards. Agreed, But again, if I'm Joe Burrow. I don't want any awards. I just want to go to the playoffs. Another winning record.
Speaker 6: Which is which is not going to happen this year.
Speaker 5: And we know this, and there is no way, there is no way under God's watch that the Bengals, I really am suspect of them winning more than a couple more games this year. Andy, That's how bad this defense is. It's historically bad, and it's getting worse. It's not getting better.
Speaker 9: Well, I think I look at the schedule right now. I think that Tennessee and Indianapolis are two possibilities and the Dallas. I saw Dallas last night. I read this, I think I think, I think Dallas Indianapolis possibilities.
Speaker 5: I think the Dallas they could beat Tennessee. How about if they beat the Titans and their old offensive guy Callahan who should who should be.
Speaker 6: Out of the job too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, you hate to use the that's been around for so long about being bangalized. And I don't know, I'm not saying this occurs. I'm not saying this. It's bad luck, and you know, and it's bad coaching. It really is. I mean, let's face it, it is bad coaching. First of all, Sat Taylor's going nowhere, but it's not going to pay him not to work. Really, I was shocked at they hired him initially because I think you've got a guy with experience, you got it. He's a nice guy. And maybe he's too nice of a guy. I mean, the guys that have the demoneer of a bull of a former football Look at Dan Campbell, look at the guys that have played the game, have had some experience and put a fear of God into their team and mold the team. And they talk about culture. There's no culture on this team. Don't tell me that Taylor change the culture. Dan Campbell changed the culture of the Detroit Lions. Okay, Jim Harbaugh has changed the culture of the LA Chargers. That's basically what has happened. Okay, down in text the Houston Texans, that coach has been changed as well. Zach Taylor has not done that. But you got a guy like Dan Campbell. Look what he's on to the Lions.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's my coach of the year by far.
Speaker 9: He's great. I mean, he's unbelievable. I mean, the players love him and they respect him. I'm not so certain there's a lot of respect, a lot of second guessing, and I know that goes with losing. You know, broken glovehouses, broken locker rooms, finger pointing, that all goes with losing. Okay, and given some credit in the fact that they went down by so much the bangels Worth the other night, they did come back. I think about that. They did come back. That could have rolled up the tent and they could have quit. They didn't quit. They came back. We'll see what happens the rest of their way. Now, as soon as they get mathematically eliminated in my mind they are. But as soon as they get mathematically eliminated, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 5: Then, once again, you have talked me into total confusion because you start with the masses or asses calling for Zach Taylor's firing, and then you tell me and then you tell me that Zach Taylor is not coaching. There's no coaching at all on the Bengals staff. So why wouldn't he be game? I mean, why wouldn't the Bengals be game to fire a coach who isn't coaching or.
Speaker 9: Can't you because they're not going to pay a guy not to work. Just the mantra of this is that it's still going to fire a guy with a contract with years remaining. Doesn't happen. It never happens. It won't happen here, that I promise you.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: That is part of the solution, though, is to get rid of the coaching staff because they're not coaching the players up.
Speaker 6: That they have.
Speaker 9: I agree with you. I certainly agree with you that you So that's why.
Speaker 6: The masses who are asses are calling for it.
Speaker 9: Andy well as some of these masses who are answers are somewhat disillusionable too, because delusional because they think that the Bengals are still going to make the playoffs, which is great. You know, you're a fan. I understand that they're not going to reel up six straight wins. There's no way, no, no.
Speaker 5: They got to play Pittsburgh twice. That's two l's right there. I'm sorry. I'm sorry Bengals fans that team.
Speaker 9: Look at that team book by mat Tom. Tell me he's not a Hall of Fame coach first ballot. What he has done with that team and switching quarterbacks? Oh yeah, yeah, Russell Wilson, I mean, look what he's done, making the switching quarterbacks. I mean, it's a team molded after him. And I'll tell you what another coach, Sean Payton, This bon knicks right now. He's had one hell of a year with the Denver Broncos. Denver's really done well. Why you gotta get good quarterbacking and a good coach, the combinations there. We got the quarterback, no doubt about that. In Cincinnati, I'm not so certain about the coach. Really, I never was really the guy was never a leader. He was a quarterback coach on the Rams staff and he came here. Not that he does know exces and o's, but he hasn't been a leader of men. And there's a difference.
Speaker 5: Well, there certainly is. And you mentioned Sean Payton. As long as he didn't get caught doing something again, you know that the future is bright in Denver.
Speaker 9: You can't say anything bit about Sean Paved because he was a guest on one of my radio shows because he wanted a case of Skyline chili and he loves Skyline. You know, he's the coach at Miami of Ohio. He knows Skyline and I sent them some Skyline chili and bingo, he got on the radio with me. It's a good man.
Speaker 6: I like Sean pay So you bribed him.
Speaker 5: What should I bribe you with to come back for another segment?
Speaker 9: Andy, Now you could bribe me not the comeback, that would be it. No, I be not the comeback.
Speaker 5: I'm bribing you to come back. What is your price we're going to do. We're gonna take a little break and come back. All right, all right, all right, more with the fur ball who says the masses are asses on the nightcap on seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 4: Hey, if you're looking for a healthy fund failure, a few.
Speaker 5: More minutes with the fur ball on this Tuesday night on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Andy.
Speaker 5: Yes, there's been a proposal city city Council now in the city of Cincinnati for a new arena to be built here. Wild Man and I talked about it. He is a hard no on that none of his tax dollars are going to go to that. He's a resident of the city of Cincinnati. You, of course, are not a resident of the city of Cincinnati, and you probably outside of a cigar or two. But by the way, one of the ways they're planning on paying for it is with a syntax maybe they'll put an extra tax on your stogies to build the new arena. Would you be would you gladly pay another a dollar or two for your cigar if you bought a cigar in Cincinnati if it meant that the new arena would be built? Andy, what are your thoughts on a new arena?
Speaker 9: The questions about the arena and my cigars. Let me go with the cigars first, because that's more important than the arena right now. First of all, I don't buy I don't buy cigars in Cincinnati. Anyone was just the back of his clothes to one on won't on stick. But there was Strauss Tobacconist on Mail Road in Florence, so I get my cigars there, so I don't worry about that. That's taking care of number two. We need an arena. It's embarrassing, and I'll tell.
Speaker 5: You why, because you don't have to pay for it exactly.
Speaker 9: But I would say it anyway, but I'm saying it even more so because I live in the Great Commonwealth of Kentucky and so do you. But here's the problem. And I wanted to let Scott Sloan know this this morning, but no one picked up the phone, but that's another story for another day. Yeah. Probably, so they'll talk about the arena. And I don't understand why in this feasibility study no one had the communities to hang it down to ask the question to the so called experts, don't you need an anchor tenant to make a go of an arena? They said at this news conference which I saw on TV last night, that we don't need an anchor tenant. We could do it through concerts. No, you can't. And the proof of the pudding is check out the Young Center in Louisville. They're dying. They're dying, they're losing money, hand up of fist and they do have somewhat of a semi local anchor in the University of Louisville basketball, but they only paid play ten twelve fourteen games a year. There. You need an AHL or NBA to have an anchor tenant to give you some cash, and they're not going to have it here, and it won't happen here. Okay, I want to see an arena. I don't think it's going to happen. Do we need one? I say yes. Years ago, you know, I was one of those guys really truly pushing for an NBA team in Cincinnati. I don't think it's going to happen ever in my lifetime. But as of now, the last several years, I've been working with an an attorney and some people, some investors with an NBA team interest in another city, which I can't mention because I signed an agreement with an attorney that I can't talk about it. But we are working very hard. You need to get an expansion team which the league will expand, or a team to move to that city and the city will not be Cincinnati, no place to play. And you know what else, I'll tell you this much, even if they did have an anchor tenant, I think it's a little bit too late. And I'll tell you why. You have pro soccer, you have Pro baseball, you have Pro football, and two Division one basketball teams, so you entertainment dollar is stretched, stretched and stretched again, and also the advertising dollars are stretched. I don't think it will happen in Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry to say, oh wow, And this is the first time I've gotten you to publicly admit that your pipe dream of having an NBA franchise has has gone up in flames, and you you know.
Speaker 6: It's not going to happen in this city.
Speaker 9: No, in Cincinnati won't happen. But it may happen with my group that I'm working with in another city.
Speaker 6: But you can't divulge that city.
Speaker 5: And you can't talk about that deal because you sign an agreement with lawyers. That was your first mistake. I did, but.
Speaker 9: I was. That's so excited. I was because I think this thing is going to come to reality, because I think if I signed this deal, they're serious. And I'm serious with it too.
Speaker 5: You know, signing an NDA doesn't mean that stuff doesn't come out eventually. Andy, you look what Stormy Daniels did. She sign an n d A. She got paid, and then she's she's on a She's in a courtroom in New York spilling her guts literally about Donald Trump. So I mean, did they just not pay her enough? Did you get did you get a guarantee?
Speaker 9: Didn't get paid?
Speaker 6: So, so why why do you send a non disclosure acting?
Speaker 9: No, I I signed a deal that should the NBA team arise, i'd be a part owner, so I get a percentage of the club.
Speaker 6: Oh so you would get paid eventually?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, but I should have signed your name. That's what.
Speaker 5: What's what's more likely, Uh, the n B A thing happens that you're part of, or you become an adult film star.
Speaker 9: I be becoming an adult film star. Really, really, that could happen tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Well, the NBA's no, there's no money in it because porn is free.
Speaker 6: Now I've been.
Speaker 5: Told and and unless you.
Speaker 9: Down I wrote it's always with you semi x rated. It's always a PG show when I'm working with you. Unless you get your mind out of the garden.
Speaker 6: Unless you sleep with President Trump, you're not getting paid. Andy. That's it. It's done.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know, an for an NBA team, I might do it.
Speaker 5: So you don't think that the arena is an idea of whose time has common since.
Speaker 9: The nonatal Well, I heard some of the conversations this morning with Sloany and I was in the car driving around and he's talking about the convention that happens once every four years. You're gonna spend eighty million, a hundred million, five whatever, made hundred million for an arena for once every four years, which you you may not get. You may not get it for for political conventions. Come on, really, and as far as the concerts are concerned, a majority of the concerts that we get here in our town in the trist Well Tryst the area are outdoors. The Reds are having three or four this year at the ball games, right, yes, I mean that's the way it is. You that had to have the mouth to the concerts. Really and truly, if you don't have an anchor tenant, you're really don't need an indoor arena. What do you need for the hollow Glow Tritters for two days NCAA basketball tournament? I mean, is there really an interest here to see teams that aren't involved with Cincinnati to come here.
Speaker 5: The circus elephants? The circus with no elephants. I'm not going to that.
Speaker 9: Right, I mean, so what do you need the arena for? You need an anchor team? You know, I'm thinking maybe a w NBA team would fly. Maybe, I don't know. But other than that, if you don't have an anchor tenant to get about getting the building, and the people who are getting involved with this project, you're too stupid to understand that. And they believe this guy who had the results, the so called results of the feasibility study. Of course he's gonna say that he's the guy who's gonna be contracted to build the building. We're gonna say, I'm not going to build them. Lets you get a tenant. Come on, really, well, I wish if they're not.
Speaker 5: I wish there was more transparency in these kind of things. Uh, you know they're talking about the projected cost at eight hundred million.
Speaker 6: You know it's it's twice that yes, as these.
Speaker 9: Two, but some time they put the shovel in the ground, it'll be sixteen hundred million.
Speaker 6: Well they double that.
Speaker 9: That that's that's what that's one bridge.
Speaker 5: Sixteen hundred million is one point six billion. We're talking about billions of dollars to buy an arena that may be full twenty dates a year without, as you said, an anchor tenant.
Speaker 9: You know what, could you do me a favor instead of the arena? Talk? We fixed the four to seventy one bridge? Could you fix the freaking bridge first? They're talking about that may take a couple of months.
Speaker 6: Now, that's a night talk.
Speaker 7: A couple of months for a.
Speaker 9: Bridge, It'll take twenty five years for an arena.
Speaker 6: I've got a deal.
Speaker 5: I've gotta deal with that I gotta deal with that nightmare every time I drive home. And you know, driving up here is fine, but driving home is just like it's like figuring out a Rubic's.
Speaker 6: Cube with no colors on the squares.
Speaker 9: It's it's I and I ran this great city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: If you I'll have a.
Speaker 9: Priority list and the area it might be on the list, but it won't be a high priority. That's feasibility study. I don't even know how much they paid for that deal. That should be transparent. How much did they pay for that? But that could be down the road. You know the other things on that list. Number one, the bridge, number two of us talk about the Bengals of pay Corps because they got a problem too about fixing up that joint. So what are you worried about an arena right now? Am I correct on that? No?
Speaker 6: You were, You were one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: And this is at one of those times when I just don't know how to feel, Andy, because I agree with you almost one hundred percent on this.
Speaker 9: You're breaking it to a sweat, I could tell.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's.
Speaker 5: Really hard for me psychologically when I when I have to agree with Andy Furman, I mean and not just not just agree, but like I'm not in my head yes, and everything you were saying about it not.
Speaker 9: Eve when you're the point now that if I were to do a march like on four seventy one with a picket sign say get it fixed, you probably follow me. You would follow me walking on the bridge. I would sign I would just get it fixed.
Speaker 5: I would follow you just to take pictures so I could laugh later. Furman, I gotta go.
Speaker 9: Oh boy, all right, until next time, my friend.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Andy Furman on the Nightcap on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 15: Another television host picked the lead a government department, but the ten thirty report I'm Ley Mawen breaking.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 15: President elect Donald Trump has named more nominees for his next cabinet, with more ABC senior White House correspondent Mary Bruce.
Speaker 13: Trump tapping noted vaccine skeptic Robert F. Kennedy Junior as Secretary of Health and Human Services, and the President elect announcing one of Kennedy's top deputies will be TV personality doctor Memit oz Oz, who ran a failed Senate campaign in Pennsylvania, now picked to run the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, working closely with Kennedy, though neither man has any government experience.
Speaker 15: Also picked today Linda McMahon for the Department of Education lead. She's a former Worldwide Federation Stroke Entertainment executive and former Small Business Services Secretary from twenty seventeen to twenty nineteen under Trump, and the wife to Vince McMahon. All appointees still requires Senate approval. Now the latest traffic and weather together, no accidents to report. You are looking good Cincinnati. However, there is stop and go traffic reported by OGO on I seventy five southbound. That's in between I seventy four and Fort Washington Way, So if you need to head to downtown Cincinnati via seventy five south at a little extra time as you had down there.
Speaker 3: Now the latest forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Forth the Claudia overnight with Patchie Fogg. The low down to forty six Claudia with a chance of morning showers Wednesday, as clouds will gradually clear into the afternoon. On HIA fifty two, mostly Claude Thursday with snowshowers likely in the late afternoon and colder a hi thirty nine chance of light snow accumulation Thursday night. That's your latest weather forecast all news radios seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Radar is dry around the tri State and it's fifty five degrees With Patchie Fogg, we have the latest updates on I seventy one.
Speaker 16: South O Dot's Tammy Campbell spoke with reporters after she updated a council committee here this morning. She does not yet have the answers people want to hear, like when is the four seventy one ramp going to be fixed and reopened. Campbell says they're working twenty four to seven and will continue to do so. She says they're hearing the frustration from the public and working as fast as they can.
Speaker 12: Lots of traffic on this major intershap bridge to three other bridges, so that causes a lot of congestion for everyone to get there. I know it's frustrating.
Speaker 16: From city Hall, I'm Matt Reeve the news radio seven hundred double WELW.
Speaker 15: Two people dead and a third person hospitalized with severe burns, and the Tuesday morning house explosion in Tate township. The blast happened on Vicjoy Dry around A forty five, with a house severely damage, sending debrieze throughout the neighborhood. Fire crews were able to control the flames in about forty five minutes, but the investigation into the explosion is ongoing by the State Fire Marshall's office. There was no update on the hospitalized person's condition. Several cats were also killed in the blast. The two people that have died have not yet been identified. As the world marks one thousand days of war in Ukraine, the United States confirms Kiev is now firing. America made long range missiles into Russia. The Kremlin responds with a possible nuclear threat. ABC's Ian Panal in Ukraine.
Speaker 17: We joined drone hunters trying to intercept a tax Suddenly an incoming drone. You can hear it in the sky. The team scours the skies and opens fire. These drone hunters are out every night across the Greek and across the country as Russia sends more and more drones across the border.
Speaker 15: While the Kremlin is threatening, the Pentagon says there's no signs of the Russians preparing to do so. Our next outdate is at eleven. I'm Lee Mawin. Who's Radio seven hundred WLW. What's up everybody, It's Peter Schrager. We're back for the season with Peter Schrager. In each episode, I'm gonna take you inside and behind the scenes of the conversations that happen at the highest levels of NFL franchises. We're bringing the top gms, top coaches.
Speaker 7: We're gonna give you the story behind.
Speaker 6: The story you're probably not getting anywhere else.
Speaker 18: Each week, I'll bring you conversations on the inside and give you the chance to get to know your favorite personalities in a different way. Listen to the season with Peter Schreeger on America's number one podcast network.
Speaker 7: I open your free iHeart amp and search the season to start listening.
Speaker 6: Hey, did you wake up a joint pain again? Does it hurt doing the most routine stuff?
Speaker 5: It is a Tuesday night and this is the nightcap on seven hundred WLW. Joining us in studio for this half hour. Become a good radio friend to me and I feel like we always have some good moments together on the air with you, just good chemistry and he knows an awful lot about official Washington because he spent a lot of time in our nation's capital, which he actually loved. I don't know if most of us would feel like we love living in current day Washington, DC. But anyway, outside of that, there's a lot more beyond the politics, and most of it involves our money.
Speaker 6: That's right, your money and my money.
Speaker 5: Because Washington doesn't have money on their own.
Speaker 19: It's all funded by us. Well, they print a lot of it. Yeah, they just you know, we have a problem. Let's just print some money. Gosh, it works so well for Germany after World War One. Let's use that as an economic basis. Let's just print money.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 5: And that did give rise to Hitler when they did that, absolutely did. Rick Robinson in the studio here with us on the Nightcap. So Rick, according to the official figures, I wonder how much money was wasted in getting this information. Less of a waste than what the federal government does on a daily basis. I would bet the federal government made two hundred and forty seven billion dollars worth of payment errors just in fiscal twenty twenty two. Now, these are these are payment errors, and two hundred and thirty six billion last year in fiscal twenty twenty three. So that's almost half a trillion dollars just in two years in payment errors. This isn't all the boondoggle programs that Washington has funded with our money.
Speaker 19: They still haven't paid my invoice that I tried to give them to They have a bad payment. I just want you to know if if if there's a conspiracy theory out there, my golly, I'm not included in it because I want to keep keep giving my invoice. The debt clock just hit thirty six trillion this week of national debt.
Speaker 5: Unbelieving it's over one hundred percent of our GDP. In other words, the whole country does not generate as much money as we are in debt on a yearly basis.
Speaker 19: You know, there have been a lot of studies over the year, Gary Jeff, as you take a look at some of these things. One of the things that I remember, back when I was working on Capitol Hill in the mid eighties, there was a group that said, if you could, only, if you could limit the deficit to a percent of GDP, that was the answer.
Speaker 6: Not so much.
Speaker 19: They didn't they didn't believe you had a balanced budget. They said if you could just limit it to a percentage of what the GDP was, because you're continuing to grow the economy, grow the GDP, that that.
Speaker 6: That would help. Now that we're in fact over that amount.
Speaker 19: Yeah, lord, I mean take look at so when I was up there, I mean, it's when we had the first cry for draining the swamp, you know, for the Grace Commission came out in the Reagan Yeah, during the Reagan years.
Speaker 6: It comes out and and they use the term drain the swamp.
Speaker 19: Well, yeah, that was it. That was Reagan's term for for the Grace Commission. It's time to drain the swamp.
Speaker 6: Another another parallel with Donald Trump. There we go and the swamp is still there.
Speaker 19: There are still uh they are still up to their behinds and alligators in the swamp. Swamps a lot to drain it. It's a big old swamp. It's a big old swamp.
Speaker 5: And when the swamp is the benefactor of all the parasites in bureaucracies that are unelected and unaccountable to all of us until they either get fired or move on to some cushy corporate job, they will keep on sucking. But but they don't. They don't suck so the swamp gets dry. They suck just enough so they get rich. Well, we get poorer. And where but where is the response to that? Garret Jeff?
Speaker 19: Is it the fault of the bureaucracy or in fact, is it the fact that we can't pass the appropriation bills or Congress.
Speaker 6: Because we can't.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I'd be happy with just the Congress going through and making sure they pass all the appropriation bills and actually focus on where we should be spending.
Speaker 5: Oh, no, Congress in our government. The Congress has the purse strings. They decide how much money is needed to run our government, and they decide where this money is going to be spent with all of the pork and all of their pet projects in their districts. I just want to know who recommended that nine million dollars or some just absurd amount and you're talking about millions of dollars when the debt is thirty six trillion and said, well, it's just a up in the bucket. Well, there's a lot of drops in that bucket that equaled thirty six trillion dollars in debt. Rick whose pet project was it to fund research on transgender monkeys?
Speaker 6: That is on the list as well.
Speaker 5: As you were famously noting what we found out recently about study on calimarts. Yeah, that's actually my You gotta love Jeff Bezos, whether you if you want to go out there on the limb.
Speaker 6: Look at what he's doing.
Speaker 19: His his his big nonprofit that he has about nine point eight million dollars. This week they announced they were coming out with a study of vaccine. Well you think you're going you think RFK was pissed off before. Wait wait, wait, here's this one for a vaccine to stop cal farts. Now this is the only attempt to stop cal farts. There is a whole generation of peace people that have come up. One even to the point that puts a mask on the cow and then has this little like catalytic converter on the cow's back that converts.
Speaker 5: There are there are places in Europe where they have diapers on cow's rear end to cap the gas. But do you know the number one contributor of methane in our atmosphere.
Speaker 6: It's not cow farts. It's not it's not agriculture, it's not livestock. It is termite flatulence.
Speaker 5: Termite farts are make up the greatest component of methane released naturally in our atmosphere.
Speaker 19: And I'm calling right now for Jeff Bezos to give you and I nine point eight million dollars so that we can study this and make sure we put an end to to turn my parts in the flsos have have the keys to our treasury and get this money from the government.
Speaker 6: He's not giving. This is the own money.
Speaker 19: This is the own nonprofit foundation that he wants to like that, give me, give me nine point eight I'll look at I'll look at a bunch of termites.
Speaker 5: This segment is about government waste, i e. The people that work for us supposedly. I love doing our money.
Speaker 19: Yeah, and I love this time of year because right about now is when our congressman are you and our senator from ran Paul from Kentucky. Yeah, will be coming out with his list of government spending and phony projects, something that he inherited from other members over the years.
Speaker 6: He'll be coming out. I think he comes out with that on Festivus.
Speaker 5: You know, he always wants whatever that is well that he's a Seinfeld.
Speaker 19: Seinfeld, It's a Seinfeld holiday. He's a big fan. It's the time when you air your grievances and you can have a festivus for the rest of us. And festiv us is when he goes down to the floor and airs his grievances over the horrible spending the Congress stations.
Speaker 5: Well, we are having our festivals right now. We are airing our grieving right now on this very station, on these airwaves. Federal government agencies are using just twelve percent of the space in their headquarters buildings on average.
Speaker 6: The buildings in Washington, d C.
Speaker 5: Went empty during the mistaken COVID lockdowns, and the workers never came back. By and large, they're all remote. See, you've got all this empty office space that we are paying for, that we are paying for in electricity and heating and cooling in just the space itself. We're paying and they're using twelve percent. That's their footprint in Washington, d C. Of federal office buildings. Twelve percent ridiculous, ridiculous.
Speaker 19: You know, I'd love to have break down that number and see how much of that is buildings owned by the government and buildings rented by the government, because one of the things, I mean, there are plenty of government owned office buildings in DC that people could be in if this is about the fact that they are.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 19: I used to work for a little while in in Arlington, Rosland area, and there were so many government agencies that had space in the buildings that were in that area.
Speaker 6: Ridiculous. And then again to the fact that we can get them down.
Speaker 19: You know, if somebody, if you're ware with the Department of Agriculture, you should be in the Agricultural building down downtown.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, get this, Maybe Thomas Massi will solve that if they call him up. Uh, the House Oversight Committee, because the spaces must be furnished. Well, of course, so even if there's nobody there, they've got to be furnished. The House Oversight Committee spent three point three billion dollars on furniture over the last few years for empty buildings. And this is the House Oversight Committee. These are the people who are supposed to be the watch dogs. Well, you have to have a nice divan if you're going to really if you really want to move the government forward, you got to have another, you know, a real leather divan. You can't you can't have one of those agencies.
Speaker 6: Get this.
Speaker 5: Some agencies spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on updating empty conference rooms. Well, you want to make sure that on the on the outside chance that somebody walks into a building and needs a conference, it's available to have that. Another one of our Kentucky Congressman, James Comer, said, hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayer funds are spent annually just to maintain government owned properties that should be sold off. How did Andrew Jackson get us out of detest Nation?
Speaker 6: He sold.
Speaker 19: He sold federal land. So yeah, sell federal land. And that was actually during the Grace Commission. That was one of the big things that came through several of the different studies and things that have happened. And what's interesting, Gary Jeff, is that everybody wants everybody wants to talk about cutting this expense, cutting that expense, cutting, you know, making sure that people with this location moved to that location. And everybody's fine with that until it's their ox being jured.
Speaker 6: It's the nimbi. If you if you're going to close.
Speaker 19: I forget how many post offices they said needed to be closed, and that was fine and good until it was the one at your zip code.
Speaker 6: How much I just saw this if you.
Speaker 19: Really want to, if you if you're on Capitol Hill and you really want a whole bunch of emails coming to you and letters coming to you, and phone calls coming into the office, close a post office, closing a post office in a in a in a small rural community which is still bleeding money. They raised the price on stamps again, the other thing that would cause everything to happen. Raise it by a penny, and my guide, you would think you would have cut one of the fingers off the christ Child. I mean, it was just you would have people just storming into the into the office to protest a one cent increase in post office. When we have these millions and billions of dollars that are at stake. Well, I don't know that anything will get done. I know that they're not going to be spending any money because they're unpaid positions and they don't need it. But vag Ramaswami and and Elon Musk have been task with this temporary commission as it may last like a month or so, to root out his government waste.
Speaker 6: I think they've been given.
Speaker 19: A two year they've been given a two year sunset that they want to get everything in by then, but they'd like to get it in in the first hundred days. The only thing you got to do is look at whatever Rand Paul tells you it is. He has his staff, gets on that stuff and knows it backwards and forwards.
Speaker 5: Only he's our senator. We probably should have called him for this. He may be a little busy right now, and.
Speaker 19: He may be a tad he may be a tad busy as if he gets ready for Festivus.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about these Senate appointments and the confirmations rather of the people that Donald Trump so far. I joke the other day that Donald Trump's putting together his cabinet faster than an Ikea zoom video. But uh wait, but you know, even if.
Speaker 19: Anybody's faster than around in the pall of Mike Tyson fight.
Speaker 6: So well, there you go. But and that's the thing.
Speaker 5: If you've ever followed instructions to put anything together, a simple something at home, you know that there's always one screw that's missing, or one little, one little peg that is supposed to be in the packaging that's not there, which was.
Speaker 19: Here, by the way, on the control board as I came in today, I'm kind of wondering if the microphone's going to fall.
Speaker 6: Well, it's anything's possible in this place, I believe it.
Speaker 9: No, So.
Speaker 5: What do you think the odds are number one that they will be any more successful than Peter Grace was in the drain the swamp efforts to save us money.
Speaker 19: Well, what happens in these situations is finding somebody As this is going to become an issue during I think the confirmation process.
Speaker 6: You brought it.
Speaker 19: You brought up the confirmation process. I think several of the agencies when you look at it, I think all of the agencies and people that come before then are going to be asked the question, likely planted by the Trump administration, what are you going to cut?
Speaker 6: It's time to start that dialogue. Well, there are many, including.
Speaker 5: Myself, Many including myself think that the first thing that needs to happen is the Department of Education just needs to go away.
Speaker 6: It needs to go away.
Speaker 5: In nineteen seventy nine when it came into being, we were number one in the world in educating our kids. We're twenty four. We've had forty five years of the Department of Education, and things have only gone precipitously downhill and continue to do so.
Speaker 19: Talk a minute about programs and departments, because that's a great place to start. If you look back at the Reagan term, Reagan was get rid of the Department of Education. Reagan was get rid of this program, that program, this program. In the end, you know how many programs Reagan got rid of. Two one was reinstated by the by a future administration. So as you take a look at that again, you look at the program spending as opposed to the line item spending. Look at the program spending. It's very tough to to do away with somebody's somebody's ox because as long as any ox can be gorged, as long as you don't want your ox to be gord right, And that's what the way it is in the House, in the Senate. But Rick, they don't need to cut billions. They need to cut trillions out of his federal budget. Exactly. So exactly, Gary, Jeff, I mean, if you take a look at this and you look at where the debt is going in the in the future, the fact that we're the fact that you meant that we are over the growth national product in debt every year, where does it stop.
Speaker 5: We're paying a trillion dollars. Stop, we're paying a trillion dollar payments on the interest on this debt.
Speaker 19: Absolutely, it's it's ridiculous. And the answer is not, as we jokingly said before, But the answer is not just print more money. I want to know why we're having trouble right now on an economic standpoint. Well, yeah, during the pandemic, we tried twice, just went out and said, oh, we'll just print a bunch of money. Well, the Inflation Reduction Act was a great example of how we're printing money. Is that the Inflation Reduction Act?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: How come all of the the names of these bills are counterintuitive to what they actually do.
Speaker 19: We used to joke when I was on the hill that if you added the word orphan to the title of any bill, that you could get it passed. Amazing, Well, it's gonna help the orphans.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 5: You gifted me one of your previous books, your your book of nonfiction, which is entitled writ of Mandamus.
Speaker 6: Writ of Mandamus.
Speaker 19: It's a one thing that I do when I'm writing non fiction, Gary Jeff, is I try to take real situations and then build a fiction around it. And this book is based upon I wrote it several years ago, but it's based upon the nineteen seventies time frame when we gave a whole bunch of fighter.
Speaker 6: Jets too Iran. Oh jeez, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 19: And over the years they kept salvaging one, salvaging one, salvaging one, they put it all together finally come up with you know, a part. Nobody knows today whether or not any of them are still operational.
Speaker 6: Oh that's all right.
Speaker 5: The Biden administration gave them billions of dollars and let their oil flow free again, so they're able to sponsored terrorism without them.
Speaker 19: This book is about people that are trying to actually take parts to F fifteen fighter jets and sneaking them into Iran in violation of the law. So that's what the books around. Thank you for the gifts. You're welcome. Hey, if anybody, if you ought to come out on the fourteenth of December at Verona Vineyards, we're going to be out there signing books and having some good wine. Oh, your folks want to come out. Anybody listening, come on out. We'll have not only my book nineteen sixty eight, but much of my fiction books, all right.
Speaker 6: And I look forward to it. Do you drink alcohol occasionally, but only only for medicinal purposes.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you, We'll make sure we have it. We have medicinal wine there for you. Rick Robinson, thank you so much.
Speaker 14: Thanks, Jerry, Jeff, Kick Up Christmas with our iHeartRadio Holiday Special hosted by Mario Lopez on Night of Holiday Fun Musicains.
Speaker 5: Speller hour of this nightcap on seven hundred w l W. Joining us longtime friend, a friend of the program, a friend of mine.
Speaker 6: We don't get to talk.
Speaker 5: As often as either one of us would like, but the opportunity presents itself this evening. So without any further ado, we welcome in forensic psychologists and my buddy, doctor John Huber.
Speaker 6: How are you tonight, Doc?
Speaker 20: I am amazing, Gary, Jeff, and I'm just so blessed to be on.
Speaker 5: You know, my neighbor Judy loves to hear you because she loves the fact that anytime we talk, no matter what's going on, you're always amazing. So thank you for living up to the pre billing here.
Speaker 20: And speaking of Okay, I'm sorry, go ahead, I'm no thunder it.
Speaker 5: No, it's a stupid it's a stupid echo on this phone. And I ha a stupid comment. Please go. The beauty of it.
Speaker 9: Is what.
Speaker 20: The beauty of it is that you know, everybody can be amazing at any time. I mean, the fact that we wake up alive in the morning is itself just a miracle. And we should take that and run with it and start your day off right with that attitude, and you'll be surprised how much better your life just evolves into an amazing experience.
Speaker 5: Yeah you don't believe in God, well you didn't get to see him today, so it's another day on earth, and be happy with that. And I don't know, I don't know how I'm gonna, you know, be treated when I do see God. So I'm still working on that part. So let's talk about seeing each other over the holidays, i e. Family members, and people are associated with family members because there are large gatherings this time of year, from Thanksgiving to Christmas to New Years, and they can be serious psychological flash points for people, especially if they there's some underlying stuff there. And everybody has underlying baggage that they carry around in their their lives, some of it is heavier than other people's. But first and foremost, what are the realities of dealing with family you may not see eye to eye with, especially in a very as you mentioned, a very cathartic political election year. What do we do what we when we get do we just do we just write them off and don't go because we're afraid? Or do we take that leap of faith out and say, you know what, it's a it's a great time to celebrate. I'm going to celebrate no matter who I have to celebrate with and what their opinions.
Speaker 20: Are, right, And that that second attitude is, you know, goes more in line with how I tend to just try and live life. And the fact is that there are probably many things that you and your family members, your loved ones, the people you care about, have very different views of them about And if you didn't, why are you, you know, friends with them? I mean, because yeah, we have some commonalities, but you don't want people who all they do is think and feel exactly like you do and make world a very boring place. So I think there's a few tricks and and things we should do, no matter how again, carthartic another emotionally up evil or emotional release that things and events may cause, whether it is the election or somebody's birthday or a significant other past away this year, and you're afraid to go in and face this group of people because there might be one or two, or maybe maybe you're the minority. Maybe everybody else sees the world from a different perspective on those topics, and that's okay. The reality of it is, you know, the things we tend to feel that at the day of our dead. I've worked with several people as their dying in their hospital rooms and the things that they had remorse for doing or things they didn't do, and wishing they'd spend more time with some of those people that actually meant a lot to them, but because of an incident or something they didn't So how do we get through that? And one of the things my family has done traditionally, and having been in a path life a university professor and had lots of grad students who were home or who couldn't go home because of the holidays breaks were too short and they lived all the way across the country and things like that, is we always invited the people are neighbors who are alone or isolated over the holidays to our house and that always added an element of uncertainty, so people oftentimes kept their aggression and or opposing views that they know would cause some sort of stress in the situation at a minimum. And it works whether you've got you know, maybe you're divorced and your kids have invited your ex spouse and their new partner to Thanksgiving dinner or to Christmas, and you just don't want to see that. You know, bring some of your neighborhood people who are not as blessed to have family, bring them there, bring them into the family.
Speaker 7: And then you.
Speaker 20: Always have this unknown element, so nobody seems to trip all the wires and push all the buttons up.
Speaker 5: In other words, you're sound, doctor Hubert. In other words, you're saying, bring back up.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, they don't need to know that.
Speaker 20: That's one of the benefits, the fact that you're actually helping somebody else out and they're helping you out. Nobody wants to be alone on the holidays. I mean, you know, as a college professor, I have had lots of my students who work, for example, as dancers in you know, in gentlemen's clubs, using that word loosely, and one of the things they say that Thanksgiving and Ristmas and New Year's are their biggest days. They make more money because there's more people in that day, because people don't want to sit around home by themselves, alone in isolation when everybody else is up, you know, enjoying the blessed family that they have, and you know there's a reason for that, So invite those people so they don't have to go in there. Sorry by past students who who may still be working in that in that world, but I think that you know, there's a healthier way to go about spending that time and do it with friends and family and people you may not even know yet because it is a limited time. Let's say you only live to be eighty years old, Well you've only got eighty opportunities, and probably the first eighteen or twenty you have no control over because you're a kid, so that knocks it down. You have sixty opportunities to spend some amazing time with people that are important.
Speaker 5: You know that's amazing because you don't think about it at the time, but there are finite opportunity. Unity is to spend those special moments with the people who are closest to or should be closest to you. So don't waste one of those finite opportunities, because it's a very small window. As you mentioned, in the course of a lifetime what I did years ago. I've got a brother who is just about two and a half years younger than I am, who is and I think it's because of the school teacher he's married to. But it's become even more even more leftist, let's say, than the rest of the family, and certainly more leftist than me, because I'm not.
Speaker 6: On that side at all.
Speaker 5: Back in the two thousands, it must have been two thousand and four, two thousand and five, I was at home, back at home in Tennessee with my parents, and it was a celebration. I can't remember whether it was Thanksgiving or Christmas, one or the other. And there he and I got into a political discussion we never should have gotten into, and it wound up with some terse language. We wound up breaking bread together anyway and just surviving that situation. But in the aftermath of that, I pulled him aside and I said, brother, you know what, We're family, We're blood. I love you. We can't do this. We don't get together but maybe two or three times a year we cannot do this every time we do have the chance to get together, and we made a pact, and he has held up his end.
Speaker 6: I have held up my end.
Speaker 5: We just do not talk about politics whatsoever when we're together. We have plenty of other things that we can discuss. It's not like we're walking on eggshells or tiptoeing around each other. But we know that we are diametrically opposed on certain issues and are never going to convince the other one that we are right, So we just choose to avoid that.
Speaker 6: Is that a good tack to take?
Speaker 20: I think so. But you know you got to be careful too, because what did you say, Will? It's just talk about the red Man, and you know he may not be a fan of the red So what do you do in that case? It's the same thing. You have to turn the other cheek and realize that what's ultimately important in this world is the love and the compassion that we have for one another above everything.
Speaker 6: Well, again, we talk about his kids.
Speaker 5: He has got a couple of wonderful I love my niece and nephew. I mean, how they came out of that that septic tank of thought?
Speaker 6: I have no idea. But there they're wonderful.
Speaker 5: We talk about kids, we talk about life, you know, and I mean, he's this close to being a full on Marxist, but he really likes to make money.
Speaker 7: So you know, oh, that's interesting.
Speaker 6: I'll give him that.
Speaker 5: The Trump derangement syndrome that we have seen, and it still does exist mostly. I have noticed, doctor Hubert, that most of the Trump derangement syndrome actually exist within the media. I mean, I don't see it on the streets. I don't hear it among people, especially after this election. I really don't hear a whole lot of just nonsensical, non foundational Trump hate after this election. And I was really concerned because I knew, just in my gut, I knew this was going to be too big for fraud or improprieties to rule the day. And I thought Trump was going to win. But I fully expected the other side to be, you know, doing what we saw in twenty twenty, burning buildings and marching in the streets.
Speaker 6: We haven't seen that. What do you think is the difference?
Speaker 5: I mean, besides, we were, you know, at the beginnings of the COVID scamdemic. What do you think is the difference. Now, do you think more people realize that, you know, he was president once and the world didn't fall apart, My life wasn't terrible.
Speaker 6: But what is.
Speaker 5: The reason that we haven't seen that knee jerk reaction from the other side, the people that hate Donald.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 20: I think in some cases we've seen some very small microacts of aggression, someone very extreme. In fact, we have a thirty three year old daughter in Seattle who on election night, you know, found out that her infirmed dad, who she has had to take care of, voted for Donald Trump. And she did not like that, and so she actually used an ice acc and killed her father. And she's now looking at two million dollar bail out there and see, and it's pretty disturbing. So individually, I think it happens. I think what one of those things that happened.
Speaker 9: I think you called out the media.
Speaker 20: I think, you know, if you go back and look at whether it was a BLM riots, you know in different areas where we had fires and burning houses and burning businesses, and you know, answers like, oh, well, the businesses have insurance, and you know, not understanding the whole issue. It's not just issue the insurance rebuilding and starting over. You know, it could take months even a year or more to rebuild your building and get your advertise and get everything back up. In the meantime, all these people have lost jobs. But we had a media that was glorifying that and vilifying any outrage. Again, yeah, banning the.
Speaker 6: Flames, fanning the flames. And uh.
Speaker 5: And the media is still I mean, the media still has not the leftist media has still not accepted the fact that Donald Trump is going to be president again.
Speaker 6: And and well.
Speaker 5: You don't see you don't see the mass psychosis that you saw, you know, but.
Speaker 20: I think we see something else. I think I think every state, even the states that he lost, gained ground as far as the Conservative Party is concerned. If you go and look at the numbers games they showed, and you know, it's so bad the viewership of a lot of what we consider to be mainstream and now they're calling it legacy media. You know, they have dropped dramatically their numbers. MSNBC has now helped for sale. They're talking about laying off their top, top talent in that business because they can't afford it. Because what's happening the people who buy airtime for advertising, are like, wait a minute, you know, you know social media is getting millions more views than what you're getting. Why am I putting my money here? And it's their right to think that way. And all of a sudden they're seeing their their livelihood going away because they're not evolving with the country itself.
Speaker 5: And but again again, you haven't seen that with Fox News.
Speaker 6: You could say, well, it's it's the techno.
Speaker 5: It's the technology, it's the platforms that are easing these legacy media chains out of business.
Speaker 6: But it's going one way. It's going one way.
Speaker 5: It's going the way of the leftist legacy media of the MSNBC's By the way, let me just as a psychologist, what about Joe Scarborough and Mika Brazinski's trip.
Speaker 6: To Marrow Lago last Friday? Yeah, this switch? Are they just fighting for their jobs?
Speaker 5: Is this like a last ditch psychological attempt to save their ass?
Speaker 20: Well, we can say a lot of things about them, about you know, their their thought process or their manipulation, but one thing we can't say is that these people are not jumb They may be ignorant in some ways, but they're not dumb. They learned from their mistakes and you're seeing some legacy leaders right there. Go what, Well, I like my job. I need to change the fit the environment and and you know that's that's what evolution is about. And I think, uh, they are completely legitimate in their switch and uh, you know, we all.
Speaker 7: Know what it is.
Speaker 20: But but doesn't it doesn't amore entertainment.
Speaker 5: Doesn't it also show you how inauthentic they are as people? Yeah, I mean they're calling the man Hitler for for the last eight years and now suddenly they're they're they're going to brunch at mar A Lago and sitting down with the Donald for ninety minutes. I mean, would you sit down with Hitler if you had the chance? Well maybe as a psychologist.
Speaker 20: And well, here's also what happened is the morning after Donald Trump was shot, Joe was on the phone with him, checking him out and makes sure he's over okay. So and he never advertised that until all of a sudden, he's going because they're saying when was the last time we talked about Honestly, I talked to him the day after he was shot on the phone, I you know, wanted to check in with him. And it's like, Wow, that that's somebody who, above everything else, is a human being. And you know, I have friends that are political and their families and on the Democratic side, and man, when he got shot, every one of them was just a fall how the media treated him because they had been they grew up in a world where you know, their parents were involved in politics and they were getting the death threats all the time, and they were having to go to school with secret service and.
Speaker 9: Stuff like that.
Speaker 20: It was a very real threat to them, and they're appalled at how the media dealt with with Frump shootings.
Speaker 5: With just a couple of minutes left, Doctor John Huber, how is how is the ketamine programs going?
Speaker 6: You still treating patients.
Speaker 20: Yes, I'm treating patients, doing a lot of one on one and I have you know, people who come in all across the country to come and work with me. And we're trucking right along, just moving one step at a time. And it's really you know, this time of year, it's kind of a mixed blessing because the holidays are here, so so in mental health, as far as you know, I'm not at a hospital or or any kind of center like that. So what tends to happen is that things slow down because people are prepping to go spend time with family and friends and maybe maybe getting a little winter break, maybe some snow c and m and stuff like that. But that that gives me more time with my family. So this is kind of a slower time of the year for me, which was great. But at the same time, we're here and we're we're helping our patients need it well.
Speaker 5: Doctor John Hubert, Happy Holidays, Happy Thanksgiving, my favorite, my favorite holiday of the year, and Christmas right behind there. And I know that you've got a wonderful family there in Austin, Texas and you're going to have a blessed time. I'm just thinking that and praying that and hoping the best for you. And I know we will talk soon, if not on the air, absolutely just on the telephone like we often do. And to Jess and everybody else, Uh, Mary, Holidays, Mary New Years, has Eddie.
Speaker 20: Merry Christmas, Happy Honika, all the above. And I know you are very much about about you know, friends and people not being left behind and left out. I know your activities on the time of year, and you're just an amazing person and you know people should know more about about what you do on the site, and I'm not going to push that unless you want to. But but I think it's amazing what you do. Uh. I don't think many people in the media or your listeners actually know how much you care about your fellow man, regardless of anything that's superficial. Well, doctor how you are an amazing human.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you saying that.
Speaker 5: And the check is in the mail, Doctor John Hubert, forensic psychologist, as always amazing Doctor James Thorpe coming up next on his new books Sacrifice.
Speaker 6: You won't want to miss it.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, in the entreged forest, Eddie and Rocky are wearing.
Speaker 6: Suits of armor.
Speaker 14: Well, the King's giving away his daughter's hand in marriage to anyone who can defeat the Black Knight.
Speaker 6: I took him on the toughest in the NFL. We'll whoop this guy.
Speaker 10: Are you sure he's already slain forty of the King's top nights forty in violent, gruesome, bloody ways.
Speaker 6: Yes, but we could become loyalty.
Speaker 3: Here, take a look at the princess.
Speaker 6: Oh no thanks, I'm done.
Speaker 10: Eddie and Rocky give your day a fairy tale ending tomorrow afternoon.
Speaker 6: At three on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: So many people here are getting real lasting joint pain relief from qc can