Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty. KFI AM six forty heard everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Hey everybody, Neil Svader in the morning Crew. Gang we're a gang now? Yeah? Oh a little too close to home? Kno.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was told not to do that. Okay, okay, stay away from them.
Speaker 1: What do you what are you doing with your hands? What's working? Is that? An an and M? Wow? I've never seen gang signs on this show before. It's odd, odd Happy to be with you on this Memorial Day.
Speaker 3: What's an an and M?
Speaker 1: It's the frequency in which we are broadcasting. It deals with the IONI sphere. It's amplitude modulation AM radio. Okay, come on, Amy, I expect that out of Kno. Not you, a wise educated person, you know. Speaking of wise and educated, I'm a fan of AI now as an artist and somebody grew up as a designer and from family of artists and the like. I'm not thrilled obviously that it's taking people's stuff and they're hard work and recreating it. But I philosophically find that we all kind of steal from each other anyways, so it's kind of this weird new step. But I came kicking and screaming into computers too. So I was an artist in the eighties and nineties, so I was like, man, this is a glorified typesetter. I do everything by hand. I cut lettering by hand, I did all kinds of stuff. And then it was like, now you're doing this stuff. So I have grown to love tech and how it plays a part and creating art or creating things and giving us information. But I'm also humored by the fact that it's it's not there yet, I mean leaps and bounds it's making I mean every day new stuff, and we're only seeing the you know, the front face of it. There's so much more that we're not using yet on our end that they know about. They the designers and creators of all this tech. But someone ran you can buy the you know, teachers use these sometimes too. There's AI detectors, and you could put in text, like if a kid writes text. You could put your student's whole essay or whatever in here, and it will tell you at what percentage it thinks it was AI written. Somebody put in the Declaration of Independence and the AI detector says it was ninety nine point nine percent sure that it was written by That's fine. So it's it's not there yet, it will be there. It's getting you know, it's smart, but that is to lead you into this little beauty. You're so vain. So AI like legal help. It's giving people medical help, it's giving people all kinds of great things. And some wing that says, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm going to put in a photo of myself and ask AI if I'm hot or not. So that's the thing. And apparently open AI's chat GPT is brutal about whether you're like. It's not even like C three po, you know, trying to be diplomatic or anything. It's apparently brutal because if you're asking that, it's going to go through millions of photographs and what is being said about those people, those photographs, and it's going to process that, and you're gonna line yourself up against all those people. And all I keep thinking about is why do I want to see Kno's heartbroken? I mean, why would I want to see a grown man well in quotes cry after he does this?
Speaker 2: So I thought I would say that I am you're what super attractive?
Speaker 1: Really unbelievably Wait, hold on a second. All right, your wife's initials AI. No, okay, so you're talking about it.
Speaker 2: Actually a picture of you and me if you went around Los Angeles. Oh, and it was like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, listen, I look like a testicle. I get it, but I'm not. But I'm not delusional. I'm not the one arguing you. I'm not. I never said I wasn't. I'm very not, super intelligent, hilarious. Yes, these things come out of my mouth. I never say I'm handsome. I did not serious. I say I'm handsome. Yeah, and that concerns me because I am handsome. And you know what, the two women very attractive that are in the building right now, they are laughing. No, they're not. They're laughing at you. Amy did a spit take? Amy Never, she's a newsperson. She doesn't do spit takes. Bro. So you know what, lost casts not helping anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna upload my picture to go ahead to do it right now? How attractive am I?
Speaker 1: And I bet you leave your stakeout to become room temperature after four hours?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: If you feel temperature, So that's important.
Speaker 4: So it's called tempering the beef because you want the inside to get beautifully pink.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be gray on the outside.
Speaker 1: Is he hitting on me?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: I don't know that accidents not real? Right? Like he gets off the air with Amy and Curtis Stone, the chef goes, crap, that was garbage. All right, I gotta go.
Speaker 3: I think it's authentic.
Speaker 2: He's Australian, So is he?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's my that's my Bill Burr impression.
Speaker 2: Is he.
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Is he?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Uh, you can now go to chat GPT and say am I hot or not? Would you care if if AI told you you weren't attractive?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Do you care when AI tells you you're not attractive?
Speaker 1: No? It hurts me when my mom and my wife say it.
Speaker 3: But I would never ask.
Speaker 1: You don't think you're attractive?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I just wouldn't ask.
Speaker 2: Why do I want to hear me up against everybody? Because it is it?
Speaker 3: Is it a relative thing?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Is it a comparison?
Speaker 4: Like you know how Facebook was supposed to have started to kind of gauge the hotness of girls.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right, I forgot that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So is it compared to what or is it just a general statement.
Speaker 1: Well, there's mathematics, there's mathematic or beauty, which is the law of thirds breaking down the face into thirds, and how we see things and symmetry, if they say evolutionarily, is that we're looking for symmetry because that means they're healthy and they're going to breed good babies. So that's where the thought, the belief is beauty comes from. Is this symmetry that we look for. So like that, like kno, the left eye that's a little what do they call that lazy eye that when you come across something like that, that would be I don't mind it. It doesn't bother me, but it might turn off some like a woman that's looking for a mate to make you know, good children.
Speaker 2: No women turned.
Speaker 1: Off really.
Speaker 3: One or two over the years, all right, But.
Speaker 2: Then also not into guys.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, you're that guy. Goodness, oh boy, you just told me a lot about it. Must be a lesbian and my right brod buppy. Oh my god, I'm stopping this because I care about you and I don't want you to dig this hole any deeper. Oh my god, do you even lift Bro. You know, one of the things that I've been doing over the past couple of years is resetting my think. I have been at KFI for thirty years and change, and I have done just about everything here and was in management was what one of my last big gigs, and I left that almost a year and a half ago or something like that, and it changed my life because I was refocusing being on the morning show with the Gang here and Bill, and then doing the Four on Saturday and producing the Jesus Show on Sunday, and just changing things because my boys eight now and my wife has her own practice, and you know, so much going on that I wanted to be around as much as possible and it's been really nice. But one of the things that I have focused on is understanding time management because I get off the air at nine am, like the good folks around me, but unlike them, I don't have to go straight into more work, so all of them. An leaves here, goes to her desk and starts producing for the next day. Amy does the same, producing for working with Ann for her show, and Cono does the same thing, whether it's putting up podcasts things like that. Whereas unless I have a meeting with sales or something dealing with one of the shows that the day is mine. And it is very easy to get into place where you think I'm just going to rest or I'm going to do this. You know, we tell ourselves you deserve to rest well. Experts are coming together on the concept of happiness and how to use your time and what builds weekdays, not just weekends, but weekdays is more fulfilling. I think we all do this thing where we push ourselves and rush towards the weekend. But what you're doing is you're pushing five days out of your seven day week to the side, and that you're growing older and older every single day, and you're pushing five out of seven days to get to those two days. And I've been beating myself up to rethink that and to not give those days up. And when I came across this story of what experts on happiness want us to know about making your weekdays more fulfilling, it really struck a chord with me. And that is structuring your weekdays to be productive, not plopping down on the couch, and to find tasks that you want done, and in doing that, getting those things done and out of your way. Your weekdays become more productive and you counterintuitively, it's more RESTful. And I've been finding that my brain works better, and I'm wondering if it would do the same for you. And everything I read in this story, I started checking off, and I'm saying, Wow, that's that's true. When I find meaning in the day and there are tasks and I split them up, like I've always thought that it charity is to break it up into three parts. Local, you know, neighborhood charity, a national charity, and a global charity. You give a little bit tea each and so you're covering all those those those places. And so now I'm looking at things like breaking it down. What's on the fix it list? Because those hover the most right. You have a list of things that need to be done. And it could be grocery shopping, but you know what I mean, fix it. It's like empty fridge. You got to fix it. You broken fridge. You might have to fix it something, order filters for the house or for the air conditioning or for whatever. There's these things and they build up and they take us down. And I will tell you that my days have been more fulfilling as I shifted them towards having things that need to be done. And some days, I will tell you, and the people I'm surrounded with on the morning show, they all wake up way earlier than I do and way earlier than built us, and they start their days at to me, it's not even starting the day. They're taking a chunk of last night and attaching it to the day. And that's hard. You get home and maybe you have maybe your nurse or your you know, athletic and you like to get up and run, or you do these things before work. Those are all very smart decisions that get you to have the best, most productive day. It's not all about work. They take eight hours and the drive and all that stuff, but we still have other things to do. And I will tell you, normally, I was one who I don't get tired physically the same way I get tired mentally. My brain. There's times where and in this job it's different than you think. We're not digging ditches, I get it, but you get fatigue mentally, fatigue to where I don't want to I can't answer questions anymore, and my brain is not the place where I'm going to be thinking the best to make a decision on. I don't know where we're going to put money into, you know, stocks or something.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, I'm like, it's even like trying to figure out something that's gone wrong with your computer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where you have to sit there, Yeah, sit.
Speaker 4: Down and think it through to reset it or fix it or what or maybe it's a printer error or something stupid like that. You're like, I'm smart enough, I should be able to do this, But sometimes your brain just can't handle it anymore.
Speaker 1: And that's when those little tiny naps might give you a little little burst or something. Because sometimes if I can't figure something out or I'm frustrated, then you go and you do what you got to do to reset your brain, a twenty minute nap or something. But I will find I've been finding that I'm much I'm much happier because I'm then on the weekend, if I want to do nothing, I can't. I'm not The weekend isn't the only time. Now you've got to get all those things done, and you feel like you're working twice because you worked all week for the man, and now you get home and you got to work all weekend for yourself. It started changing things that I you know, and then things that were We have this little area where my wife will put things to let me know that it's to go to my shop. So it's like, oh, this broke if you can fix it, take it to the shop and fix it. And that was piling up. I mean there's stuff that has been in my shop for years that's not, you know, super important. It's like a mirror that my wife liked that has a chip in it and where you have no place for it in the house necessarily, but she doesn't want to throw it away. So something like that can sit for years in there because I have to sculpt. I have to take time to skull. It's a particular thing that has like a mermaid on it, and I have to sculpt part of the mermaid face. That's going to take me a different kind of energy. But the other little things get done. And so reading this story it made me think about changes that I've made, and I'm going to pass that along to you to say, I know I'm the type of person that needs my downtime. My brain does, my body does, but my brain needs it more to think the way I like to think as somebody who's logical, hopefully and reasonable and goes through things. So try that. Make yourself a list of a couple of things, and you're going to feel so much more accomplished each day that when it comes time for the weekend, you're not loaded with all that stuff that you pushed off because of the day. And it really had the opposite effect on me that I thought it was. I thought it was just it was gonna fatigue me. Then you'll have those days, and you're allowed those days, but maybe give it a shot. And now you've got skuy Ince behind me and these people that study happiness, and look at me, I'm just a ball of fun. Handle is taking the day off because you know, you work so hard. Hope that furry little beck of his is floating in a pool somewhere. Oh that's a horrible segue into what I'm doing. That was I want to tell you, this was not thought out, That wasn't humor. I was bashing Handle, but holding in my hand a story that I wanted to tell you about because I have an eight year old and we have a pool, and this is absolutely serious, and that completely separate from me being stupid about handle. But it made me think about some of the things my wife really instilled in my son, and one of them was he's going to learn to swim immediately. So six months of age, I think he was already swimming underwater. Who was like one of those things where she would make sure that he could do that and went to the YMCA and made sure that he took swimming lessons and all of those things. And it's hilarious. I have a picture that looks like the cover of Nevermind. You know, it's like Nirmana's album Covery, where he's giving a thumbs up naked as day one, under the water like a little fish, and that he took to it. He still loves swimming. But when I came across a story that drowning is the leading cause of death in young kids, I was blown away. Now I know a lot of people. I'm gonna whittle this down a little bit. Here, it's getting hot, we're using pools more. An estimated four thousand fatal unintentional drownings happened every year in the United States. It's insane that average eleven drowning deaths per day, so says the CDC leading cause of death in children ages one to four and after motor vehicle accidents. It is the second leading cause of death attributed to unintentional injuries in kids ages five to fourteen. So breaking this down and going to the story, one thing and one thing stood out the most. Okay, getting the kids trained, and sometimes you know money is going to be an issue because a lot of this breaks down among racial lines as well in culture and the like. But you can find free classes. Sometimes the YMCA might have ways to help out. But like I said, that's what we ended up doing is take him to a local YMCA and having him because we didn't have a pool at the house, and so we went through that process with our boy and it really was super helpful. It's just like it. It gave him confidence. And kids are weird. They'll go through this stage where they are absolutely fearless of water. Some do at first, and then they'll go through I don't know if they get older and maybe understand what could happen and they get nervous again about water, and then sometimes they grow out of it again. So we were worried that he was going to go through that stage, so we constantly found ways, and what we did is we ended up we had a little spa and he would take him in there. And then we got an above ground pool, a small one to see if we'd use it, because it can be expensive obviously to get an in ground And then once we saw that the family used it, we got an in ground pool. So now he has one at eight to be able to go in there have family. It does not have it true deep end. It goes from about I don't know, three feet to maybe five feet in the deepest, and it's kind of a splash pool, smaller splash pool. But having him learn how to swim was important. Nothing ever will do more than teaching a child to swim and supervision over and over. In this story, those were the two things that you get. Water is a part of our lives in one way or another. There may be a time where you're going to be on a boat, heaven forbid, you're you know, on a plane and something happened. I mean, knowing how to navigate water is very important, and the thought that kids are drowning still at this rate. Also learning CPR. CPR is imperative as well. If you're going to have our pool has an automatic cover that you it can't open it remotely. You have to be right there to open it. Those types of things, you could have ten adults stand on it and they're not going in. Having these precautions, I think you have to have at least three different precaution measures. Locks on the gates with buzzers or alarms if they're open. I think we had to do. The gates have to be able gosh to double lock and we have the cover, or you have to devigate another fence around the pool. And if you're gonna have them around water, children around water, these are the things that you have to do to keep them safe. But I got to tell you find someone, even if they do it pro bono, that will teach your kids how to swim, and never ever leave them around water unsupervised, period because that number is way too much. Eleven per day, all right, Britney spears in the news again. She pops up all the time, and it's never for anything good. She's a mess And I normally am not spending time talking about Britney Spears. So I have a point to this. I assure you. She makes these weird videos, dances with knives all these things just straight right, and it's almost sad really to watch it. But if you remember back, was it twenty twenty one, So she had a thirteen year long conservatorship I think her father, and very controversial and there were a lot of her fans that would, you know, say, free Brittany and all those things. So she was finally freed of that as she continues to do odd things and say odd things, and I can't help but think, this is a person to me in distress, this is a person with mental issues. And how again, and this is a reoccurring theme with me, is we have gone from a rational society to an emotional society because you do not see anybody coming to her aid now. It was all about the concernship, which may have been bad. I don't know. Maybe her dad's a jerk. I have no idea, But that doesn't mean that she doesn't need someone to look after her. Because she was on a plane recently and she went online as she has one to do, and she was writing her fans that she was on a flight and it was her first time drinking vodka, which I find hard to believe, but maybe so, how could it be the first time for any woman to drink vodka. I thought that's what most women drink, right, So I know that was sexist and horrible. I was joking, but it's sort of true. So she says, first time drinking vodka, and she said a friend because and she's like, oh my gosh, I want a cigarette so bad on this airplane. Now, was it a chartered plane. Yeah, there were probably others on it, but it was a JSX charter plane, so other people with money probably were chartered. It wasn't a private private plane. But you still couldn't smoke on a private private plane, I don't think. So her friend put the cigarette into her mouth and lit the cigarette, and she started smoking. She goes, I figured, oh wow, this is one of those planes where you can smoke. She continues to talk about vodka. After drinking the vodka, she thought, what the heck is in here? I felt so clear and smart. And then the officials on the plane, you know, you've got the people there, and then they asked, hey, you know, someone's gotta tell her she can't smoke, and all this stuff. She thinks she was, you know, kind of a what's the word, I'm looking point it out and Yeah, when you're smoking out a plane, you're gonna be pointed out. So she said that the flight attendant didn't like her. She knew the minute she got on there she didn't like her, and she was trying to embarrass her. I don't know that part. But what hit me about this story is she continues continues to spiral and augur and have red flag after red flag. So all of her fans were so vocal and emotionally supported her. Free Britney Free, Britney free Britain. Where are they now? Nobody's freeing her from the actual demons and issues that she has. They just look at her as entertainment as she flops around on camera. Little side note for those playing the home game little trivia, the little brown chapel on Cold Water Canyon where she like freaked out, shaved her head and ran into that little chapel to pray. That's the that's the chapel I got married in and my lovely wife Tracy, huh, yeah, so that's why that I shaved my head and went crazy, And so two.
Speaker 2: Women went crazy there. Here's what you're saying, one married, the other shaved her.
Speaker 1: Really, that's how you're coming at me before the end of the show, like I can't even prepare comeback now. Yeah, technically you're right. Yeah, two women lost their mind. Uh cono. It's gonna suck to have to beat the holy snot out of you before I leave today. But that's okay. But it just hit me as like, we get so emotional and everybody's up in arms and we protest, and then the minute the real problem shows its face, nobody wants to tackle that. Nobody wants to tackle the fact that she's probably got mental issues of some kind. I'm not a doctor. This is all speculation in my own opinion, but she probably has issues and people will watch her auger, but they would march in line to say free Brittany. And the poor thing is, you know, having issues after issues after issues. Anybody buying her first time drinking vodka? How does that happen? How does that happen? She was like like on TV and dancing and stuff, like when she was a kid. How does someone not slip you vodka? Amy? What was the first thing you ever drank?
Speaker 3: My mother's milk?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, I'm gonna fast forward. Hold on, I'm gonna press the fifteen seconds ahead on the YouTube, fifteen seconds ahead, fifteen seconds after your mother's that's very funny, by the.
Speaker 3: Way, would have been wine.
Speaker 1: Oh gotcha? Is that your your jam? Still?
Speaker 3: That is my jam? Now?
Speaker 1: Okay, what kind I mean? Like what you red? You white?
Speaker 3: Big bold red wine.
Speaker 1: Big bold red wine. And what was the first I don't know what's in jungle juice? Everything well junk, well, jungle juice depends who's making it. Could be jin could be wrong. No, yeah, that was the first thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, smooth, smooth, going going down, smooth cono.
Speaker 1: You're drinking right now, but I'm not going to ask what you're drinking. What was the first thing you drank?
Speaker 2: It was the Blood of Christ, which was wine.
Speaker 1: Oh you, I stepped out.
Speaker 2: I was a young lad.
Speaker 1: They let me have the little too communion. Did you give the cup back?
Speaker 2: They had a pry it from my fingers?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he did.
Speaker 2: You got to go back to the pew with it.
Speaker 3: He took a big shared chalice. Yeah, left with it.
Speaker 1: Would the heisman move and it was like pushing the priest out of the way so he can finish it.
Speaker 3: Off mine mine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about some more of those crackers and priests that you're out.
Speaker 2: Of here, man, it's outside of the holy house. It was probably, uh, it was bad. It was brandy. Oh, it's the worst. That's not a bad choice, No, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a very bad I think there was a little bit of My parents didn't drink a lot, but there was booze in the house and on high shelves, and it was always old and it was never name brand. It was always like some white label thing from Fazzio's or something back in the day that I don't even think that exists anymore. And that I think they were throwing out a bottle of gin and there was a little bit in the bottle and I sipped in and I'm like, holy, that is nasty. Now I'm a Gin fan, but that was warm end of the bottle. Gin, No bueno, It's not good at all. All right, folks, free Brittany, have yourself a wonderful day, enjoy your family and your loved ones. It's been paid for and we are thankful for that. And I love this country and we are blessed to have people that would stand up for it and defend it. And let us remember them today as we're enjoying barbecue and cookies and whatever you're going to have. Just don't leave that tato salad out too long. That mayonnaise going to come back and visit you later. Garian Shannon up next. Don't forget You've got Mo Kelly live tonight. Go know where. This is KFI and AOSTHD two, Los Angeles, Orange County. You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app