Speaker 1: Two things happened over the weekend simultaneously in just a moment. Arguably three things happened in a moment, but it was the beginning of the journey for the third thing. So the first was I'm on Twitter, mine of my own business. You may call it X whatever I got. I've decided I'm old enough. And a Supreme Court decision came down with Twitter in the name even after the change, so I'm correct. Check the case law. Two things happened. One I laid eyes upon the libs of blue Sky account and followed so fast. This was an easier follow than what's his bucket back in my space days. I can't remember what his name look at that it's already been usurped, right, you just follow that, dude, Just this this guy to computer looks nice enough. Follow that libs a blue Sky on it too? So mad We didn't think of it, stephf Ross, How did we miss this man? That's gonna be a that person's that's a million dollar idea. It's her right, Libs of TikTok, check I think it is and immediately starts delivering. And then the third thing that happened once I saw that it existed and immediately followed that. But two kicked myself for not thinking of it. Three, I lost half a day. I don't know where it went. So I'm gonna warn you before you click on the Libs of Blue Sky account there and start scrolling through, make sure you got nothing on your calendar that day, at least for a few hours, cause you're gonna deep dive that bad boy Ross. You don't tend to fall into holes over the weekend of news and pop culture, tend to separate yourself. We're gonna have a conversation about some Ross is doing this morning. But had you fancied by the old libs of Blue Sky account this week?
Speaker 2: I have, and thus far I haven't been as impressed as the low.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no. It's it's gonna take some time, but because you gotta we you know, you gotta you gotta digest everything over there. But as it gets a fan base, inevitably, how those accounts are successful. Kicks in the trick is you're doing all the work right. So and I don't begrudge the business model, but you need minions. You need people to go through stuff, and once you get people inspired, then they're gonna go over to Blue Sky. They're gonna you know, stick their toe in the chummy murky waters, and the cream as it is, will start to rise, and I think the account will improve greatly.
Speaker 2: I did think it was funny that I was reading how they've they've been inundated with all these complaints over.
Speaker 1: No. No, would it be with what the servers crashing or.
Speaker 2: The No, it's where you people when you report people for like content that you believe is like inappropriate or like bad, like like fact checking people.
Speaker 1: So like wait, wait, wait, what who you're telling me that the people over on Blue Sky are constantly butt hurt to use a scientific term. A lot of people don't recon it, but hurt.
Speaker 2: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's just all of them. They're in their echo chamber now because they have like the old sort of modeling of the old Twitter. Yeah, you can report people and there's all this censorship.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Blue Sky was like, yo, y'all need to slow down because we have there are too many complaints. They're just like Nazis on each other. Ah.
Speaker 1: So it's so weird. You put a lot of people into a place that I'll have the same kind of the same mindset. Some would argue, and well, that's what today shows about. I want to I just I think that some people get caught up in symbolism, their own party stuff, and it fails to recognize what is probably the intended messaging of so much of this stuff. Yeah, did people go to Blue Sky as a protest to you know, what happened and the inability to deal with information that's not under their control that they can manipulate. Sure, some, but a lot of people just went over out of curiosity, just a better way of doing things. Like let me give you an example. Okay, you ready for this. It would be very easy this morning for me to see Ross wearing that hat to describe it to you. It's blue primarily, Okay, there are tinges of red, you can you can see that from even this distance, a little bit of white. There's a little bit of white on there too. The hat looks worn. That worn is is and he's wearing it. Obviously he's wearing it. But I mean us as has always worn it for some time. As as a as some messaging and symbolism of these those three colors, primarily the blue with the tinge of the red and some of the white and on it Americana right, one of the and as somebody who is a true student of the West, one of the most iconic things that that we utilize as symbolism of expansion and manifest destiny and everything an American bison. Right, It's got a bison upon it, which, strangely, even though it you know, it symbolized the expansion of the West. One they say that one of the largest ranges of the American bison. I don't know if you knew this at the time this country was colonized Florida actually, and in fact, the term cowboy actually is a derivative of names that were to be utilized in the state of Florida, as it was essentially a large it was like Texas, it was a large cattle plantation at the time. And so with that symbolism upon his head, I see Ross's full throat and endorsement of American expansionism, the ideal of the West, without dealing with the realities of it. As somebody whose family did deal with the realities of it, I can I think speak to that in journals that we have and things that we know and might misinterpret that as some sort of I don't know, picking aside, so to speak, perhaps in a pugilistleton's sport like football or something. Some would see that, but I don't see that, because I am a learned journalist in the same way that I see this article from w R E. L entitled Chapel Hill banner sparks outrage among Jewish community over kaifa yah? Is it? Is it coffee? Yeah? Kafifia? I don't whatever. Symbolism. So basically a banner that's displayed that as a student, a graduating student of the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, adorned in those colors of you know, white and blue, right, that that in a particular patternattern a pattern so particular. I might point out that it is copyright in countries that will allow it. It's, as you know, for monetary purposes. The actual assembly and symbolism of those colors in this painting, some would say, appears to show an affinity for like I don't know, hamas or something and uh. And then the title of the piece, which the artist describes as and I'm quoting here quote the image of a graduate adorned with their blue cap and gown definitely defiantly protesting. Those two words are in there end quote. Some would interpret I I will not allow you to interpret as that, because I'm ri l I am learned, I am smart. I am here for journalistic reasons, and that's of course not what it means, not from the river to the sea. In the same way that Ross's hat is simply Americana in a hat, not picking a side in this this this pugelist simpleton sport of football, but rather just a fan of the game, and in this case the game the expansion and establishment and flourishing of the US Empire. Is that what you mean by that Ross with the.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, all those words put me to sleep. What I'm sorry, But that's what your hat means, right, I know it's a Bill's had Bills fan, go Bills, but the but the Bison. But I also believe in manifest destiny and the conquering of this landsage.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, all right, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: I mean both can be true.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm I'm at a loss here, So you're what you're telling me is that that hat I should have known that it symbolizes your affinity for in fact, a particular pugilist endeavor, in this case that of the city of Buffalo, New York. That's that's okay, all right. Who's writing stuff over there? Is it dumb ai or is it act? Because they don't even have a byline on this thing. I swear to God, the byline on this is just titled WRL Staff.
Speaker 2: So let me figure this out. So that you have somebody over there Chapel Hill who put up like a pro Hamas flag and they're trying to say that it's not pro Hamas well.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's an artist that has put a thing on at the old post office, which is a place that is literally about putting protest stuff up, and in it it depicts a person graduating but also wearing this thing, but also not really graduating more protesting. And some because of the color pattern, the color and pattern which again is copyright protected in many municipalities as the official logoing and specifically the political stuff for Hamas, some are trying to say that the artist might have been sending one of those from the River to the Sea messages in there, and WRIL just want to make sure people didn't get that idea.
Speaker 2: Right, but sometimes right the thing means the thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, I mean, but so what is your thing mean? Does it mean? I don't know a person who's just like gonna put it all on their shoulders and go, you know what, thirty yards I got that, watch out everybody, that type of manifest destiny or would it be the raping and pillaging of the continent by Whitey? So is it?
Speaker 2: I've already said I'm for manifest destiny, the conquering of this land and the Buffalo bills, because you know, the greatest country ever made.
Speaker 1: Let me do you know what turned me on a lot? I shouldn't say turned me in a lot of it as somebody who makes a good faith effort to try to fully understand history, and and poor Ross got waterboarded with this info. But I just there was a time I was touring as you know, Oh wait, hold on, true Americana. No, that's why. Now, look, I have some other fans of people, also floating red, white, and blue motifs who call themselves patriots. And that's fine, that's fine. This is why I don't think it's fair to sit here and decide that a single bit of imagery artist imagery in fact, is sending a message, even though really, if you're a student of art, you realize that the imagery you do notice, and the imagery that sometimes we only notice hundreds of years later, was intentional by the artists to send a specific message in imagery. That's why I'm attempting not to complate these two things. So if you're offended, I apologize. But Ross's hat is what did it because it's a very neutral statement there so, good for you, good for you not to break in the fourth wall there so, And I'm sorry other fans, but but let's face it, I think that Hack covers it based on the results here. Like some would say, if you want to symbolize greatness and power and all that, you might symbolize someone or something who conquered something that had previously been unconquered. Right, isn't that what manifest Destiny was about, the expansion into the west of lands unknown? So if perhaps maybe you were to go and meet a foe that had never lost, the David and Goliath of our time, some people might want to Anyway, Dude, that was the greatest run I've seen a quarterback do, probably in forever.
Speaker 2: We're not talking about football this year, yes, yes, yes, yeah, yeah, no, No, I'm talking about human ever, the body, yeah right right right yeah yeah, but where you just like the fighting human spirit. Yes right, you're just saying, oh Choctaw warrior, No, I got you. And oh the French coming out for Nope, no juke, oh you Oh look at you Spain holding out even after the purchase. Boom.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna levitate over you. I'm gonna come up standing after scoring a thirty yard touchdown in that environment.
Speaker 2: And to do it in a shotgun and fourth and two. But we're not talking about football because we don't want to jinx the team.
Speaker 1: No, what go No, we're talking about the human spirit, right yeah so so No, I'm not a pig who interpreted what you wear upon your head. There is anything but purely a celebration of the human spirit.
Speaker 4: Banks left now to gonna run forty stop, We're not let's stop.
Speaker 1: Boom right there, Rocky Mountains, Jim Bridge. That had to be what Jim Bridger heard in his If you if you're not familiar with Jim Bridger, one of the greatest people as far as the topography and the mapping and everything very Lewis and Clark, but doesn't get the recognition he deserves. That's I'm sure what Jim Bridger heard as he for the first time in the in the recorded history of US explorers gazed upon, sketched, and reported on Glacier National Park, which, if you've ever been there, is one of the most visually amazing things on the planet.
Speaker 2: That's what Jim Bridger heard. I was thinking Lewis and Clark, right, like, what's over that mount? And look at that? It's Freedom from Tyranny.
Speaker 1: It's fourth and two, though it's fourth Tony's at fourth and two and then boom casinos. Oh, I'm sorry what Look at that six twenty two here on the oh right now, Ross has turned off all the lights but the rest. Oh my gosh, look at that hat, dude, that looks like imperialism. What is happening? Oh, we'll be back. I have to explore. Nice discussion there about symbolism and what it means and all of those things this morning. Appreciate that with again not everything for you football junkies sending me all your old You see how my team did? No, I didn't. I was big. I had better things this weekend to focus on, Like how the Ravens jacked up a wonderful parlay that I had going on? Are you kidding me? I just looked. I looked at my the one dude in our group, Grand I'm like, I just like, I can't even look at you wearing all of his stupid Raven stuff because usually that's just a license to print money there. You should look at the stats. Didn't have that, and and so that's I just want to make sure there was no confusion over what was going on, like like with the the little post game with the Raiders player little brock Bauers action. Did you guys see that? So yeah, they look Did they have a good game altogether? No, not really, they lost. They just they're like any other team. They just got the big new stadium and stadium deals so they don't have to try for a while. Fans are going to come anyway. You're seeing it there in Vegas. But uh no, brock Bowers decided to go a little different. So he's the tight end, if you don't know, for the Raiders, and he caught he caught a twenty three yard pass. Decided to do a little celebrating, and he did the thing after this where he, you know, put his two hands up in the air and started shaking his body back and forth. And that made Safia Dean from USA Today very upset. He was big mad. And so here's his tweet. Ask Brock Bowers about his TD selly, which he refers to as the Trump TD selly. Apparently there's some similarities when you put your two hands out. So if you just for a moment this morning, just visualize stand there, take your two arms, put them up like you're going whoa stop, but instead clench your hands and then, in rhythmic motion back and forth, alternating, you put one hand forward and back and then rinse and repeat. There, Saphie Dean over at USA Today saw what he thought might be an acknowledgment of Trump's existence, and he just couldn't. And so in the postgame, when they bring Bowers up to answer questions about like why did you do that thing after you got the touchdown even though you guys didn't win, Why would you do that? And his response was, quote, I've seen everyone do it. I watched the UFC fight last night, John Jones did it. I like watching UFC so I saw it and thought it was cool and then proceeded to do it. At which point, and I'm not making this up, the pr people for the Raiders stopped his media avail to get another player, like, all right, that's enough from Brock, Let's get somebody else in there. And Saphie Dean from USA today is just left seething over this.
Speaker 2: So it was a good weekend. I appreciate that from the busy bodies over there. Oh how dare you?
Speaker 1: You know why? Hours in spite of his team losing. And we can argue whether you should celebrate on an individual standpoint, the reason that Brock Bauers was celebrating as a young player is he had thirteen catches. He's on my fantasy tea one hundred and twenty six yards and and had never been that good in an individual game in his NFL career. So yes, we can debate celebrating when when the team's not winning. But now we're in the aftermath, and at the time he did it, he was in the moment and he had with the game he was having, he probably had every thought that his team was going to be victorious, So that's why he celebrated. Saphi Dean, who is who is literally tasked by the second largest circuit might be the largest circulation in the United States of papers. And you're hired to be an NFL reporter and you can't understand that. It's almost as if you were not hired for your NFL reporting chops, but rather your ability to go in and just ruin everyone's day with this crap. So really appreciate that. All right, So there's your football, but not really football, more of a bigger, broader discussion about how smart we are in the media, you know. Roundup. I hope you all appreciate that. Who we got tonight, Oh, that's right, it's the Cowgirls and the other Texas team. I don't know. I don't know. By the way, I think that Houston can cover just my two cents. But hey, you know, I would never give you a betting advice, but things get a little crazy. I think Houston's actually a better team that people give them credit for anyway, all right? Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four Wait, hold on, I hope people are sending me they're like, oh, but what about some of the other teams. I'm just it's not about teams. People, I'm talking about the stories that unite us, and not the affinities for individual teams that divide us. In the same way that rel was able to look past this artist rendition of what is clearly hamas gear and pretend like that is not an endorsement of From the River to the Sea ideology, we're able to able to get past that. What is this patriot really?
Speaker 2: Patriots fans you want me to bring you want to bring that up. I wouldn't do that to you.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. Also, the Lions are terrifying. I want nothing to do with that. Fifty two six against the Jags? Are you kidding me? Donny Ross my greatest nightmare, and the only reason that I don't worry about it too much is I don't think I feel like the universe won't allow it. And that's Bill's Vikings super Bowl Man every day because I'm just looking at the NFC and other other than the Lions, I think I think the Vikings, in any situation, if they would actually show up, could beat him, and that includes against the Eagles man. But Ross doesn't. He doesn't have time for such childish endeavors. So let us pivot and as we pivot, we got to talk about the Michael Browning going on with this officer involved shooting at the food line, which is a tragic situation, regardless of where you land with us, that a police officer who yes, signed up to use his gun, I understand all of these things, but doesn't want to and sure as hell doesn't want to against a sixteen year old, not that he might have any knowledge that that's a sixteen year old, but rather just somebody who clearly presents as an adult male who might be raising a firearm at them. And we got body cam galore on this stuff. It's a tragedy for the family of and it's a tragedy for the officer and the officers family who maybe have never had to discharge a weapon and in this case did not kill the suspect but got them. And now we're going to have the great re revisioning of apparently how this was approached. So yeah, well we'll go ahead get into that. We'll do it next here on the CaCO Day radio program, Biden gives Zelensky green light to fire long range American missiles into Russia. So in the same way that we played the Anthony Blinkin audio for you, infect do I still have that other button? Bar? I'm sorry, Ross, would you put mister Anthony Blinkin up there again from Friday talking about all this extra money we got laying around so in in in the same way that the Biden administration is sitting there and they're looking at all, right, what do we do between now and January twentieth. That is a provocation. And yes, I understand it's not us flying firing those missiles, but one, there are missiles, and granted we've sold them or given them or rented them, however you wish to look at it, but it is it is a potential risk in a provocation because, let's face it, this is a proxy war. I've told you this entire time. I understand the logic of getting other people to go die. In further, it's to fighting somebody who, if given the opportunity, is very much our enemy. And that but that's if you divorce yourself from the morality is surrounding it.
Speaker 2: So a calculated risk is a calculated risk.
Speaker 1: And escalation here. But I think what they're hoping is that as soon as they are doing that, they go, well, look now, you know, now they're annihilating homes in Russia. You're really bringing the war home. But from what I gather within Russian society, they're very aware of this, which is why you had a mass exodus of military age males of means in most parts of the country. They decided to go study in Europe or do any of those things to avoid inscription within what Russia's trying. It like, they're aware of it. So this brings it further home and they think at that point it'll stop. But also the other side is they went, all right, all right, game on, now we can do whatever they're firing Russia. They'll they'll they'll have some videos of some lady in a babushka just you know, hanging out making borsch or whatever, and that will then be utilized as justification for them to fire stuff that they haven't yet but have the capability of doing. And that's what's going on be left at the feet of the incoming president. Meanwhile, Anthony blink and at the same time, the Small Business Administration says they don't have money to help businesses impacted by the hurricanes. Is saying things like.
Speaker 5: This, as we're working to make sure that Ukraine has what it needs to effectively defend itself.
Speaker 3: The United States continues to step up. We've obligated just recently.
Speaker 5: And pushed out the door another eight billion dollars.
Speaker 3: In security assistance for Ukraine.
Speaker 5: That was the September another almost half a billion dollars just a few weeks ago, and President Biden has committed to making sure that every dollar we have at our disposal will be pushed out the door.
Speaker 3: Between now and January twentieth.
Speaker 1: So that's all the dollars, every dollar at the disposal, all the dollars not getting spent on Hamster Fight Club or the monkeys on the treadmills with parts of their brains removed, which is a thing. They did it to cats too, For all you cat people, that's part of a bunch of money in there. But they're like, hey, what if we remove a part of the cat's brains and let's see if they can still do a treadmill, to which I say, one, how did you locate their brains? Two? Really, how much is a little?
Speaker 2: And and three this is what I paid three million dollars for.
Speaker 1: For this thing right here. Okay, So while all that's going on, I just want to remind you that the guy at USA today is mad that Brock Bowers did a shimmy. Okay, just if we're if we're weighing everything out that you know, stuff like this, wow.
Speaker 2: Tests the Trump test spinning back into the bobbing.
Speaker 1: Back because Rogan obviously you hear him doing the play, and you know what, everyone was enjoying it. Everyone was having a good time, and it just stuck in the craw of reporters. Man, they just couldn't function when it was going on. And we're like, yeah, no, if you want to, if you want to fire long range missiles into Russia that we that we gave you, sure, yeah, go ahead and do that. That won't be a giant problem for the next guy. So that's where we that's where we are this morning. Oh did I mention Trump showed up at this event which was at Madison Square Garden, which I believe, Ross, can you check and see if Trump's ever held a Nazi rally? There? All right, Ross's gonna look that up real quick.
Speaker 2: See if let me check a Nazi rally. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, sure, let me check. No, no Nazi rally.
Speaker 1: No, no, wait, hold on, hold, on it says right here in USA Today, the same publication we've been talking about reminiscent of the Nazi gathering of the nineteen thirt All right.
Speaker 2: Let me let me double check that. No, it's not.
Speaker 1: No, I see it right here on their page. Oh, it's the same guy's byline on it. Who's now a sports reporter who's mad? I'm sorry, USA Today, did you send a reporter who's not the sports guy in to shame people for doing a shimmy? How does that work? That's so weird that the same guy who termed it as a symbolism of a Nazi rally is now.
Speaker 2: The guy who's trying to figure out why a Raiders tight end who had thirteen catches, which is kind of a big deal, might have done the shimmy. But no, no, we got we got Trump showing up too. I guess the six richer, whichever one we're up.
Speaker 1: To now present, he is ross clarify if Donald Trump is in full form as when.
Speaker 2: He was the WWE guy right back in the day, when he did the bits and the sticks and all of that, and he just settles right into it. And I think Dana White's allowed him to embrace this thing, which unfortunately he's not going to be able to recapture obviously over at WWFWWE and he is, he is in his purest form there of the showman, and he just he just loves it and and and every moment that it's going on. It's also sticking in the craw of sports reporters slash sometimes regular journalists who are there to police the shimmy. And when you have Trump walking in a Madison Square garden in the middle of New York City after being accused of holding a Nazi rally there just weeks ago, and he is, he gets bigger reception than John Jones.
Speaker 1: I want you to think about that. If you know anything about UFC fighting or the sport in general, one of the guys who arguably is the greatest to ever do the thing, pays deference to Trump coming in there. It does the shimmy. That's that's a big, big, that's a very monumental sports thing because and it's because of the media's own creation. The reason it's so important is because they did it in spite of the crap that they're not having to eat or take, which they don't care about, and is now muted in modern society. But the idea that you would do it is and I know that this is going to irritate some of you, but I'm going to go there is fist on the podium stuff. Okay, the part where we don't have to be here next week together doing this thing again because we're off the whole week. H Yeah, that's right. Prepare yourself. That's going to be a thing that's happening for off all next week. We didn't get fired, well maybe who knows, we could have been fired simultaneously and they're just taking advantage of it. It is a possibility, but more likely than not, we're just going to be on vacation. Okay, I'm going to remind that, remind you of all that fun stuff is we get things rolling in this hour. So what was the first hour about other than me rambling incessantly, Well, it was the convergence of pop culture and sports and politics and everything, plus a preview, a sneak preview of what could be the escalation that takes us into a full born war with Russia by an administration on their way out, which is particularly insane if you think about it. Why you would pick this this thing that you could have picked previously, right, the US given the wink wink, nod nod kind of thing to the idea of them using these long range devices that they wouldn't have access to if not for US was a known escalation point. And it is being done specifically to see if Putin blinks does he want to deal with rockets hitting inside the interior of Russia? And I don't know the answer to that, but I know that if you wanted to test this theory, doing so in the waning days, where you will not hold responsibility based on the timeline of how this thing could escalate is pretty evil. A lot of evil stuff going on, So yes, I will, I will package it all together. Because you've chosen to invade things like sports, You've chosen to take reporters who will simultaneously write stories about how the very clear and concise imagery of a UNC graduate with their constantly excuse me, patiently protesting is attempting to align themselves with a with a terrorist organization and shout you know, from the river to the sea and other things like that, and that very same reporter will then be expected to understand why brock Bauers, who just scored thirteen receptions one hundred and thirty yards, had the game of his career as a young player. Also did the shimmy. And the reason that they did it and then the convergence, and what's driving you so mad in all of this is they did it in spite of what you would think. Brock Bowers didn't care. Joey Bosa got fined ten grand, what does he care? He wore a hat. The UFC guys, they're completely off your resume. You can't control them, and people don't care. You're seeing the death spasms of the media. I know, I don't mean to be overly dramatic here, but that's what you're watching. And uh, Ross you said it. Uh, I don't know if you said it on the air. You said the two words that I think are very important here, and that's popular vote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean before right, they would have the supposed moral uh superiority. Now let's go on.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, and if anybody went out of it, they would have, you know, an old school Chinese revolutionary struggle session on them. And now they're just like, oh, you did that, We're going to cancel you. And they're like, hell, here's me doing the shimmy in another angle. Right, they don't care, and you don't. You don't have this perceived moral superiority, not that you ever did, but they don't care.
Speaker 2: Right, they didn't, but that's how they could report it.
Speaker 1: And so watching that is just so delicious, and AND's and and and then if they want to, if they want to look to how is pop culture responding? They whee allowed Katie Lang? Remember her?
Speaker 6: If you thought we were woke before you done went and woke the beast? What welcome to woke two point zero? Oh god, oh my woke warriors.
Speaker 3: Give me a blue heart and share.
Speaker 1: Let's spread on the blue sky. I see what you did that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you want to do is double down?
Speaker 1: Should do that?
Speaker 2: You want to go? You thought you were crazy before? Yeah, yeah, you haven't seemed crazy yet. Yeah. And you know what do do you more crazy and take it over to blue sky?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Super crazy over there and being in that echo chamber is completely going to help you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And then just see the watch things and giving each other blue blue sky or blue hearts or what is it blue hearts. This is the only way I'm understanding how this is because you will not. I'm not going to go there. I treat it like TikTok nope, thank you, nope.
Speaker 2: And then you know, going along with that. Over the weekend you saw Jensaki and John Oliver saying the problem is the same as what that uh the person has said. They need to double They didn't explain it enough. They need to keep explaining it.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Just keep doing that.
Speaker 1: You should do that with your the music. I mean, just how much of a bubble are you in? I get it, but is there anything in that video where that woman doesn't one hundred percent believe what she's saying. I just want to I just want to be very clear here. Lang believes that she has deluded herself on this because now she's in the comfort of you know, the friends over there where it's it's virtue. But like they couldn't even virtue signal because they'd virtue signal on Twitter and they get destroyed because people are like, shut up and sing, shut up and do this. I told you, did I ever told you? The one of the craziest concerts that I ever worked, well, there's two of them with female artists, and Katie Lang was one of them. And like the expectations she had for Tory Amos was worse, if that's possible. But there was a reason for her madness. She has a lot of weird things based on an incident that happened to her. And I'm not gonna very depressing stuff, but like, when you understand why she has the rules that she has for staff in and around concerts, which I didn't at the time, then it makes sense because when she was a performed, when she was a younger performer, she was literally assaulted by a stage hand back there and they have a very like I didn't understand it, and like and there was like she doesn't allow plastic cups in her concerts, and there's a lot of things there that makes up with Katie Lang. It was sheer ego. It was just it was the brown M and M stuff. It was just so she's deluded herself and to think that she makes this cool video with some cool music attached to it, and.
Speaker 2: I need, I need to ask a serious question because that is that really Katie Lang? Are you joking?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: It's Katie Lane?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Was I is it? It's my understanding that's Katie Lane.
Speaker 2: No I believe you, Like, I just didn't know because she just looks like a caricature of every person you've ever seen, right, Like, she's well, and her name is Katie Lane, right right. But in the tweet attached and prep and didn't say who it was.
Speaker 1: It just well, maybe I'm wrong. It's my understanding that that's Katie Lane.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Actually yesterday was in prep and I just saw the first half of the video. Yeah, you see like the nose up right, and I assumed it was Keith Oberman. When I came in this morning, I was like, because I just saw the first half of this, it looks just like Keith Oberman. And then I scrolled out, was oh it's a woman. Okay, well what does she have to say? Then I reported the audio and it said, oh she's a lunatic.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: And now learning that is fame musician Katie Lang.
Speaker 1: Am I wrong? Just google Katie Lang and look at the picture and tell me that's not her, Okay, Ross, I do a little experiment, the Katie Lang experiment. You'll check that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's maybe.
Speaker 2: I mean she's older now from the photos that.
Speaker 1: Are yes, yes, yes, yes, those are clearly her pub photos there. I'm I'm unless I am wildly misinformed. I believe that is Katie Lang saying. But here's the deal. It doesn't matter if it's Katie Lang or not, which I believe it to be because that's reporting I saw.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it doesn't matter be Katie Lang or Keith Oberman or Mark.
Speaker 1: Or any encapsulation of people who took nothing from what.
Speaker 2: Just And they all look the same. I mean, they're going along with the the NPC moniker. That's what they're called NPC because now they're all looking exactly the same and sounding exactly which.
Speaker 1: Is a meme, which has been a meme for a while. Eventually they blend in, right, so they'll turn into each other. So think of the most memorable, stereotypical, you know, resistance freedom fighter imagery you can in your head and it's not hard to hear them say this.
Speaker 6: If you thought we were woke before you done went and woke the beast, welcome to woke two point zero, All my woke warriors, give me a blue heart and share. Let's spread the love.
Speaker 1: Like the similar the music, there's something the timing of them like that is a professional a bit of messaging, or at least they think that is clearly not connected to No.
Speaker 2: It isn't like the market is spoken when it comes to entertainment, and then the people have spoken the silent majority in the in the election from just a few weeks ago, right like, yeah, that's over.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: People just tired and you're doubling down.
Speaker 1: And you know what, you're also you're feeding into the insanity that is then striking people who don't who can't just live in the Hollywood bubble, go on the blue sky, talk about it the cocktail parties and feel like they're doing activism. It it it goes down. Do you see the video of the woman with the dating apps over the weekend? I haven't sent it. Let me do this. I'm going to send this to Ross little bonus audio. I saw it this morning and then I got distracted by some football stuff. I send this over to Ross. Because when when you're making videos like that and you're not dealing honestly with people who obviously look to you for some sort of direction, and especially at a time where they feel kind of abandoned within their own beliefs, like I get that, and I'm sure any of you out there have gotten it. Maybe you got it when Trump lost last time around, or you still don't think he lost or whatever. But but like you, you got that and you needed to look for something, and a lot of people they just turned to anything that's not the thing, right, They just unplugged from politics. But that's not what's happening here. It's more dangerous because they're not unplugging from it. They're just echo chambering it more. And and what you end up with is a woman who's having she's having a full mental breakdown because she can't use dating apps because she thinks that there's a Trump guy on the other end. Oh you don't believe me. We'll get into that coming up CaCO Day Radio program. Uh yeah, So what does this right here? Stuff like this?
Speaker 6: If you thought we were woke before you done went and woke the beast, Welcome to woke two point zero, all my woke warriors, Give me a blue heart and share.
Speaker 1: I love how it's also just pandering for engagement as a measure of your because look, in a world of hashtag activism, no better a platform has been designed for this.
Speaker 2: Right where it's just about the blue Heart. It's the resistance. So make sure you like subscribe and ring that bell?
Speaker 1: Should I follow? Though?
Speaker 2: You should follow?
Speaker 1: Oh? I should? Okay? Does it really help the channel though?
Speaker 2: We know, not just the channel but the resistance, oh the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, on the other end of this garbage pipe, those suckling at the teet sound like this woman who doesn't know she can trust dating apps anymore. Wait, hold on, before I even start this bucket of crazy, let me just share with you real quickly. The while she's blubbering over the screen, it says, F Trump and everyone for voted for him. H F Trump and everyone for voted for him? For taking my sense of security away from me? All right, So, what horrible, horrible thing befell this woman as she headed onto her trusty app there to find some some random hookups, throw some bodies on. Unfortunately she hit this brick wall right here. Yeah, all right, ready, all right here we go, triggering, Yeah, action too, scared you stating gastuff? Oh my god, get scammed. Somebody did somebody harm you? Look if somebody, if somebody showed up from this app and and did something to harm you. I don't even know you, and I think you're a lunatic. But that's that ain't right, and I will stand up for that. So what what? What did what did this person do to you?
Speaker 2: Ma'am?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't go on.
Speaker 7: Every message and every profile.
Speaker 4: This makes me think that it could.
Speaker 2: Be somebody.
Speaker 1: Violent like evil.
Speaker 4: That's emboldment by trumb.
Speaker 6: The brotmile was so normal.
Speaker 1: I would never know.
Speaker 6: If you thought we were woke before you done went and look the beast.
Speaker 1: But I just told Ross, I'm like, man, you think Katie Lang's looking a little rough? Google Paula Cole. I saw her. She's a a little bit of an activist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, that's the song I was thinking of the Waiting one. Yes, it was.
Speaker 1: Her big one was the Cowboys song. But they were both those were I would say they were almost simultaneously her big hits. Where have all the Cowboys Gone? And I don't want to wait? So Ross was just telling me that he did an interview with her back in the day. Yeah, oh y.
Speaker 2: It was the worst interview I've ever done, Like the rudest person I've ever interviewed.
Speaker 1: The worst, worst than Coolio.
Speaker 2: It was like nineteen ninety nine and I was super young, Yes, like just just moved from New York and like, so I prepared for this interview and like, I don't want to wait. Whatever that song was called was her big hit, then that's the song she had, and it was the song from Dawson's Creek right right, So that's.
Speaker 1: Where it was. One of those two. I'd ever watched the show, but I was aware of its existence. And to be clear, you're broadcasting essentially in the market where you could argue that Dawson's Creek is basically Fay is set in right, right, because it was filmed in Wilmington, right, Dawson's Creek.
Speaker 2: I think that's yeah, I believe though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it had that North Carolina Viye. It's not as blatantly bad as the Outer Bank show, which I saw three minutes of one time because somebody sent it to me and dear God. So she's talking to somebody who's talking who has knowledge of the market in which the thing plays, which she's clearly licensed use it.
Speaker 2: And it's at night. It's the night show, so that's when the kids are listening, right, the teen's are listening, And like, that's a big show with the teens, So that was going to be primarily the interview. And I'm told by the record person right before she connects on the phone that the one she does not want to talk about Dawson's Creek. She does not want to talk about the song from Dawson's Creek. She wants to talk about some obscure songs that no one's ever heard before. And it's just You've never the worst interview I've ever done, the absolutely worst that.
Speaker 1: She was a Maggie May moment, and I'll explain why. But so you did the interview anyway, right.
Speaker 2: Completely rude, like it was unairble, could not air it. That's what I was gonna ask, chop it up?
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 2: Did you air it here? Having more experience now being older, like if say I had to interview and it was really bad, you would go then, yeah, you clown it. I would play it and I would be like, listen, how awful this is. But back then I was like young and impressionable, very green, and I was like, oh, I just completely could I screw up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Completely completely crushed me? Yes, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, she's all like resistance now, so.
Speaker 2: Well it doesn't surprise me, like, because that's how she was internally back then. You could tell.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, no, and they they're they're yeah, and they're not my kind of music necessarily. I'm in a chant. They were very popular songs. They're they're very catchy, good songs, and that Cowboys song was everywhere.
Speaker 2: Man, Well, she doesn't want to talk about it. So but I thought she said she didn't want to. Wait, did she talk of the thing that I'm really famous for. I don't talk about it.
Speaker 1: So the Maga mate, this is the thing that was one of the most educational moments in the world of public This is before I mean I was doing I did radio in high school, but it was before I really was making a career out of it. And I was doing the concert stuff in California at the same time I was at school, and part of that gig was for IATZI. Is not just the concerts that they would put on at the Santa Barbara Bowl or in Ventura or at any of the theaters there. We could get contracted to do stuff. I actually was contracted to go down and I spent two days in La setting up for the Oscars. Not the main thing, but another thing, basically setting up lights and stuff now days days before it went and so you'd have little jobs like that. So a dude got married who was a very rich guy who owned Star Telecommunications. His name escapes me. And he married the daughter of the family that had started two is it two pesos whatever the regional text mex chain was in southern California, Texas and Arizona, New Mexico. And so he's a billionaire. He's marrying essentially a billionaire, Okay, so they're going to do it big. And so they did a wedding in Hope Ranch, which we know anything about Santa Barbara, that's crazy, where they literally bought lots to build a chapelon. And then he bought this huge ranch north of Santa Barbara up or like Reagan's stuff was, and just buys this like eighteen million dollar ranch that just really isn't anything. Just happens to sit on the one on one there and they get a circus tent. Pastel died and there and this is the con this is on and you can look this up if you think I'm in Beligian any of it. Because they had entertainment. Tonight came out did a big peace and for a half second you can see a very young version of me running around running cables. And so this is going on. It is mc by Jay Leno and Dana Carvey. This is the after the wedding. This is obviously the reception. They are the MC's and it has a reo speedwagon journey and uh and of course, uh, Maggie, we're gonna get into Maggie May right called the Maggie May Stories. So you got Rod Stewart there and outside as the one of the most insulting things. They had these mini stages where Michael McDonald is like sitting in the cage like he's a zoo animal, and uh, who who is the other one sailing? Who does anyway? So they have these guys like these these mid acts that are in these like little so people just walk by them. It's the most insane thing that a kid from Wyoming's ever seen. And I just know I'm gonna make about two thousand dollars that day because it's pure overtime. And so we're there and Rod Stewart told him after all of this that he wouldn't do Maggie May. You built a stadium and and are have spent an ungodly sum of money to go ahead and do this. And by the way, their their their love story is very tragic one, if you want to learn more about it. I didn't know any of this. And you you contract Rod Stewart and he shows up days before your wedding because he was a show up for soundcheck, like two days before, and he's like, oh, by the way, I'm not going to do Maggie May. The guy was apoplectic, like what are you talking about? And I don't know what he said to him, but let me tell you what happened. He did, Maggie May. He did it with the audacity of him to go through all of that knowing that and and frankly, it's probably a little on this guy's lawyers for not getting this down quicker, but the audacity to go now, I'm not going to do, Maggie May. You're Rod Stewart. What are you there for? You're Paula Cole in the studio in the late nineties. Your one song is connected, you're other ones now connected to a show, a TV show, but you won't talk about it. And it's really the only thing people know you for Rod Steort at least has a library catalog there.
Speaker 2: Right, Like Rod Stewart, you could work with that at least, right, But you're like, Hey, this one person who we only know you for this one song at this moment in time in this show, I don't want.
Speaker 1: To talk about that. As a musician, you've earned the right to go, here's something off the new album because a lot of times it's it's good right because they have trust in you.
Speaker 2: You can understand that you're Billy Joel or somebody and you're like, yeah, I'm tired.
Speaker 1: Of a library. Tell me he's not doing piano. Man, I'd be like, that's fine, I have nine others. But here's the thing, like you can understand me from an Italian.
Speaker 2: Oh, you can understand why he wouldn't want to do it right because he's been doing but he'll still do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's killed by the way. I heard the profrity. I couldn't see it, but I heard the performance. It was great. It was like, that's Rod Stewart, he's killing it doing what he does. But having witnessed the first part of that dust and then the rumor mill like we're like, what's the problem and then we found out what the problem was, and everybody there was like, they mean, he won't do Maggie May, what do you mean he won't do Just craziness, all right, not as crazy as the weather. Uh we did, Jeff Mars Jeff Mar today.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'd be like Christopher Cross not doing sailing.
Speaker 1: Come on, oh look at you, Christopher Cross. That's who was, dude. I'm telling you. It was one of the most insane. Did you hear the whole part of that? I did? Yeah, I mean I was crazy. And then like their whole it's it's very very bad what happened to their marriage, But like it was, you know what it was. It was the first fu money I'd ever witnessed. Oh person, it's just like you bought an eighteen million dollar seaside ranch in California just to have a concert for your friends where you made, you know, guys who were legitimate artists sit there like zoo animals, and then they just took the check. Then I'm like, all right, that's what that looks like. Oh crazy. But now the rest of us toil, and you toil with a Doppler so toilewaser.
Speaker 8: Yeah, very quiet start to the week weather wise, and some mild temperatures. Looking for to a little bit of cool if you're about to head out this morning, but during the afternoon we should climb to seventy one with sunshine and then partly cloudy tonight, a low down to forty nine, up to seventy one again tomorrow with increasing clouds. The next route of rain moves into late tomorrow night as we drop into the mid upper fifties, and there'll be some more showers starting off Wednesday and into the afternoon. Still a few showers to dodge if you're out about a high seventy then dry and cooler behind the front. Thursday and Friday it will be sunny each afternoon, high temperatures in the load to mid fifties.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you appreciate it. By the way, the guy's name Chris Edgecombe, who's he died early, died in his fifties, but that was the guy's name, Chris Edgecombe, co founder and CEO of Star Telecom. Yeah, look at the wedding. There's the whole thing on entertain it's crazy and that's the Maggi main moment. There you go, all right, some forty hang on, how did they find a bunch more ballots in California's forty fifth congressional seat, which is now set to flip the district which has been a GOP district for quite a while and Rep. Michelle Steele had a had a lead and now they just they got all these extra ballots over the weekend and it looks like they're getting ready to flip that district. Currently it shows that the Democrat has a thirty one vote lead, which obviously you're in recount territory, but you have to understand how California does the recounts, it's a little different. So they just found that. Apparently they're still finding things in Pennsylvania, even things that they acknowledge would be illegal to include that they're including in in there. And the response you always get is, well, these are soldiers overseas fighting for their country and you want their votes. And it's like, no, no, they're not. No, some of them are that thing, but that thing is already baked into the process. This is not that, this is misallocation. It went to the wrong district. We found it in the trunk of a car, which is a famous refrain where people go, you know, you think it's hyperbole, but it's not because I covered the race from which it emanated most recently, which was Al frankinsonate race. And I'm not making this when I tell you that when I heard the first reports that there was a pile of ballots that it inadvertently found their way into the trunk of a Democrat poll worker's car, and then she forgot about them. And they all came from Dinkytown, which is important because that's where the University of Minnesota is, across the river from the city of Minneapolis, in what's called dinky Town. It's where a lot of Bob Billin's imagery from. It's the Fourth Street he's talking about and others. And so they're almost exclusively blue ballots. And they're like, yeah, they found them a trunk. Ok it was Mark Elias. They're making the argument. I'm like, there's no way they're going to count those. How naive I was? They did so explain to me how we're still doing this, and we're all acting like this is sane, Like this is okay. You have what's going on in Pennsylvania. Now here's the thing with the Pennsylvania Senate race. Republicans are just as hypocritical as Democrats. Right, everyone who thinks they have the wind screams that you have to sort of I understand that, but Republicans generally claim it based out of time. It clearly looks like because they acknowledge what they're doing isn't the law. It looks like manipulation. And you would understand why people think that. You would look at what's going on in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, realize some of this, Okay, most none of this sounds normal. And if I guess, if it's not happening in your own district, your own your own votes imperiled. You have a certain level of separation. But anything you've ross, has there been anything that you've read in the continuation to attempt to count Bucks County, Pennsylvania that sounds normal?
Speaker 2: No, it's on the No, they're cheating, that's what they're doing. And it's just even their own supreme their own supreme course that hey, you guys can't count those votes, and they said, oh, yeah, we know that, we understand that we're going to count them anyway until we take the lead in this in this Senate race or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: It's just because they're the spirit. It's the spirit of these undated where we have no way to find out if those in fact we're cast prior mailed by the time. But it's the spirit of it, and you're just disenfranchising people.
Speaker 2: It's statistically, we found these twenty thousand ballots or whatever in California and they're all primarily for one person. It's like statistically impossible, right, It's just it depends.
Speaker 1: But you know, the congressional race. But a congressional race is is is a much more interesting way because the lower the total voters, the easier it is to infer what it could be. So if you're in a red a lean red district, which this is three points red, Yeah, are there pockets that are that are definitely blue. Sure, but it's easier to predict. It's harder on a state level, especially into a county that's a populous county.
Speaker 2: But when you look at the trend, you're looking at an election where the whole country moved big time to the right and you're already in the district that was right. But a lot of.
Speaker 1: Races don't show that. The said North Carolina is a good example. You can't argue they moved to the right here, could you.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying the trend nationally.
Speaker 1: Right, No, no, no, I understand that. So but but I'm saying you make You're saying that if it's within the realm of possibility, you consider it right as as normal people would like if you tell me the story and the story makes sense, like it was on a military plane and they really are soldiers' votes, but they were grounded by I don't know something, and here's like, tell me a story. But you're just saying, ah, trust you, I trust me, Bro.
Speaker 2: There needs to be some sort of time limit, and I know, like the arguments against that, they'll be like, oh, like you said, like, oh well about the soldiers sending in their votes and stuff. There needs to be a time limit. You cannot be counting votes two weeks after the election. It's absurd.
Speaker 1: You ever voted absentee? I have you?
Speaker 2: You ever have your power turned off?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know you're back in the day. Oh yeah, this has happened before where you know, back when you would write a check or write your bill and you'd send it in and you know it was late. I send it in late. But I like, there it is. And they're like Hey, we're turning off your power because we did not get your your payment, Like I just sent it too late. Sorry, buddy, you should have gotten there the day of or before. So now we're turning your power off. There's no reason you should be counting votes two weeks after the election. It's absurd.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And as somebody who's done the absentee voting thing before, it's really clearly laid out. But you have to do this by this, by that, and the and the reasons behind, and you have to attest and like, like the process makes sense. So why if that process made sense to me the one time I've voted absentee once because I literally was out of the country at the time of it. I found it government in in you know, all the stuff you gotta get, but understandable, and I understood the parameters of it, and I was able to operate in that. And I don't understand how this happens, and and I realized because there's no consequences. We talk a little bit about this, a little bit about that. That's a typical Monday. And yeah, we can exist where one we can laugh at insanely but hurt sports reporters over nobody caring what they think anymore, which is just more of what you saw, right. It's the big uh you know, it's the big postportem autopsy of the election, and that is is nobody cares what traditional media says anymore. They were rendered worthless because a candidate staked his candidacy on it. You can argue he didn't have a choice, that's fine, but the fact is they said, all right, we're not going here, we're gonna buy, we're gonna sidestep all of you, which, uh ross. Have you ever heard a radio host in North Carolina, perhaps just will you see this as an example who has preached over the years two candidates, people who hold office who frankly, I probably shouldn't be telling how to do their job, but it's my job to tell them how to do their job, to not do ral interviews, don't talk to the media who hates you, ignore them. And what have they always said when this radio host who apparently is really really understands things and they say, well, you have to, you have to because you run the risk of not connecting with voters, and then they bring up the Hillary not going to Wisconsin thing, and that's true to some extent, but you hit a breaking point where you go so audacious to the other side, you sit down and you platform, as they say, oh, you platform Joe Rogan, who by the way, has a platform, whether you like him or not. You platform Joe Rogan. You platform, and then you know, insert with the other podcasts are and they go out. You know, by doing this, it's your death sentence. And in reality it wasn't. So now people are like, oh, I stick my head out of the hole, I don't get shot. Game on. That's what you're watching. And that's the real incredible observable thing, especially like when I broke down the USA Today thing. Earlier, that paper had a very neutral stance. USA Today was famously neutral because the owner of the paper, while he was still alive, wouldn't go there, and there were a lot of things that he did under his tenure that were immediately undone. Literally they waited by his bedside for him to gasp his last breath and they made fundamental changes which ended up destroying USA Today, or at least there any journalistic credibility. Yeah, it wasn't the hard hitting newspaper. It was the fluff. It was the fluff. Let me tell you one of the most enjoyable things is somebody coming from Wyoming and this, but this tracks for wherever. How many of you in USA today used to go to the Fast fifty I think is what they call it. I don't know what they call it now, where it was the top state story of each state and read that with great fascination. Do you remember it? Ross? You remember that in USA today where the like, they would list all the states and this is the main story today in each of those states. And so if you were if you were living in one place, and you have to remember a lot of this, This whole thing preceded the Internet, that USA today would do it and we would get USA today. At my high school in Buffalo, Wyoming, right, they had like student editions and we do it in some of the classes and you go through there and you can look at all the different stuff, and they just they cashed all that in. They bet on this horse that they can go and they can operate like the rest of the meeting. It would be beneficial. And as paper started to decline and you had those who were going to be the holdouts, USA today was still one of them, but they had lost a lot of journalistic integrity, and they decided then that they wanted to go kind of hard on some of this stuff, so they brought in these opinion writers posing as journalists, even in their sports department. They just inundated with these a holes and watching that bet not pay off much like my Ravens bet this week warms my heart. I really enjoy it. You know why because if I was still plugged into that apparatus as many people are, I would my takeaway from the weekend would be that every single one of Donald Trump's nominees rape somebody. Oh yeah, this is a hard transition, but follow with me. Like they're all in. They're all in on the Kavanaugh thing again. So with the headset they're they're looking at a quote unquote nuisance suit right that he settled for very low dollars and and if you're the trolls, and I don't know what happened, but I know the process because we've we've seen the process right where you have to make a calculated decision what's it worth for this to go away? And is his attorney pointed out at that time it was right in the middle of me too. Obviously Fox News had some pretty big exposure there, and he said, I don't want to play this. But then it begs the question too, why this romantic tryst from years before all of a sudden became an issue at that exact moment. Are you allowed to ask questions about that? Or are you just gonna roll with this? The Matt Gates thing, which we find out not only did the Washington Post report previously, the sourcing is credulous at best. The two main sources for that, the Washington Post deemed unreliable and uh, but Matt Gates probably trafficked to seventeen year old to Raper even though one it doesn't meet the legal requirements in Florida. But two and I don't know the answer to it. But why the hell are we only deep diving this now? Remember they would have left. You're telling me that if you had a Fox News associated person that the rest of the media wouldn't have viscerated that individual if there was credibility to it. Look what happened to the chipmunk dude?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 1: Why do I can never remember his name? And I now his name will forever just be the chipmunk dude, won't it? That's how I always remember it, but the guy who looked like Theodore right, just what could go wrong? And then you read it and it's like the the banned version of uh, a harlequin romance novel. It's just but with bondage. It's just the craziest crap. And then the Roger ails stuff like they would they would have floated all this, And so you expect me CBS News to believe and Wril who ran the story President elect Donald Trump's defense pick Pete Hegseth that paid a woman who accused him of sexual assault in a settlement agreement and included a confidential ali clause. Matt Lower, who I defended, by the way, with the quote unquote rape button. Right, he has a security lockdown of his office, which frankly NBC probably forced him to do or installed not at his but because they have him insured. You guys don't realize this, can I can I mention this? I whatever I'll get in trouble with the company. Whatever is this is standard boiler plate. I'm not going to give you the details of it. If you work in this industry. One of the things, one of the things that is very odd is and and you're reminded of it every year when you do your open enrollment stuff through work here. It's right, So I got to go through all of the health insurance and I'm told it will just roll over, though this year I had to do something. But everything was just and at some point you hit the life insurance and there's and the where you you select that you want to, you know, include this as part of your annual coverage. You know it. There's no button for that. It just says employee competence or employer paid. And then you realize what it is. My employer has a life insurance policy on me that doesn't pay me, but protects their interest in the brand that we've built here. I do not begrudge it. It's what you do. It's smart. You're protecting your brand. So just like they put this lockdown button for one of their hosts making five mil ten mili whatever he's making up there, Matt Lowery's probably making a lot more a security apparatus. Like I never questioned that. I thought that part was exaggerated and above and beyond, but it points to the fact that they understand in this journalistic realm that these are these are considerations, these are things that you think about so that the fact that my company is is it morbid, like if I get hit by a truck after the show today, that they have some financial protection because it would be a sea change in a lot for a lot of their advertising revenue. It's just the reality of it. No, but it recognizes all of these things, and then the inability to report honestly, honestly about this just because the guy was just nominated. People are done with this. They're just not buying it. So go over to bluesky and post your links. And the problem is you may have a dude or a woman for that matter, who is nominated who is uniquely unqualified for something that a journalists just found and that would have been the normal order of things. But now it doesn't matter because we don't believe you, because you're running headlines like Trump's defense secretary paid accuser but denies assault because logical megos. This guy worked for Fox News during the me too era and you said that this was at least known and you didn't roast him on a spit. I don't believe you, and it makes it harder than for people who may have actual things that frankly do require sunshine and an honest journalist to parse it out. And this is frankly know whether this is one we'll never know because people don't believe it. In twenty twenty, Headset learn the woman was considering filing a lawsuit. So this happened well before, but a lawsuit was threatened right during the me too stuff. As attorney said, the payment to the married woman. Now this is also important because and in North Carolina we have this law. Her husband, if it ruined the wedding, or if it ruined the marriage, would have legal recourse and could sue this guy who's making a bunch of money. I don't know the details of it, and I'm not saying that he should go sleep with married women, but I don't know that she disclosed it to him, right, We don't know any details here, But if that was to destroy the marriage, think of the liability this guy would have financially if you were able under the alienation of affection to sue, which you can in a lot of states, North Carolina be in one of them. So in the phase of that in an accusation that's only brought up in this very specific time, they settlement was apparently reached and it was for a pittance compared to what they were asking for. The payment, according to his attorney, let's see here was settled due to the illuming me too movement. He didn't want to lose his job at the network if the accusations became public. They did not say how much they's paid, but it was far less than what it initial and palatour. That's this attorney said. Every step of the way, we felt this was blackmail, but this was the way to handle it. CNN briefly spoke with the victim on Thursday, who became quote visibly distraught at the mention of HEG. SAS's name. What a journalistic observation to include there? What do you mean she became You say that she became distraught. Was it because you mentioned his name? Or was it because she had a confidentiality agreement? Was she because they want you They wanted it to sound like she was triggered at the mention of his name and you know, looking for a place to hide and hide under the covers. But she also may have been triggered because you're bringing something up she has an nda on, or you're bringing something up that she realizes that if you dig too deep might cast her in a bad light. But your journalism in here on wr L. Obviously this is a wire story that they just chose to run. But still you put your name, your nameplate on it. You just infer that it's because she's triggered by the incident, rather than stopping to ask yourself all these weird other questions, like if this took place in twenty seventeen at a busy Hyatt Regency hotel in California, why is twenty twenty when this gets brought up settled? And then now we're back here at the well. I don't know, just things to you know, things that make you wonder eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four You want to be on the show. We got much more to come here on the CaCO Day Radio program. Didy Junior could destroy one of civilization's greatest achievements. All right, that's the headline. Tell me more. This is an op ed piece. This shockingly ran on Rio and emanated with the North Carolina connection a little further up the food chain. And I love these pieces because right at the beginning they give me the bio of the writer, and that is immensely helpful. The bio of the writer. His name is Tuffeki Tuffeci, I don't know how to pronounce that last name. Described as a New York Times columnist, Professor of sociology and Public Affairs at Princeton formally at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, author of Twitter and tear Gas, The Power and Fragility of Network protests. All Right, So when you read that paragraph, this is the great disconnect in our country right now, because not that long ago people would have read that, and when this person probably knows what they're talking about, but we're not there. We're at the end of a Scooby Doo episode. Okay, that's where we are in modern journalism, society, institutions of higher learning, and purported experts. Right, We've ripped the mask off and it's you know, it's old man Jenkins. And so when I read that and whether and it's unfair, arguably, but I'm forced into this situation. I assume whatever follows is complete utther bs because I see how it's you know, where it's positioned, where the articles getting run, the credentials that are attached, what it takes to thrive in the sociology department of a modern major university, and I that person is captured. Even among the chaos generated by Trump's recent cabinet picks, one stands out for the extensive suffering and lasting institutional damage it may cause. Robert F. Kennedy to lead HHS one of civilization's greatest achievements. In nineteen hundred, up to thirty percent of infants in some US cities never made it to their first birthday. Okay, I have a question if the Department of Health and Human Services the government bureaucracy, not the people who are focused on solving diseases and instituting better care. And this is there's a certain complexity to this because through HHS you have actual funding that has been done for some pretty significant things. But the question becomes it once you've decided that the only reason that they would continue to create vaccines, therapies, genetic therapies, different ways of doing things is because HHS, you know, handle this, and not because people wanted not there. You didn't want all their kids to die, right, which is another good motivation. Right They're like, oh, you know, basically like look at there's a reason they used to have twenty kids. You guys all know this, right, because you're like, let's see who wins, right, Let's see who, Let's see who's still around end of their teenage years. It was things were different, but they didn't want their kids to die. So these things, these these it is the idea that the only reason we have these achievements is because of government, which is now the opposite mindset that the majority of the country agrees with. And you can sit there and go, well, they're they're they're ludites, they're they're idiots, they're they're knuckle draggers. But you are the ones who squandered this. After HHS embrace what was going on with China and the manipulation of the UN with all the COVID stuff, the China flu uh you know, the Wuhan flu. At that point, people are stepping away with the manipulation you saw or we're right, we know these things. And if you get that vaccine, you can't give or get it. You're just you're like an NPC. You have nothing to do. Now, Well, that obviously turned out to be complete and utterer bs like nobody believes that the six foot thing, Yeah, we made that up. These are all the things. So forgive me if even I disagree with some of the things that Kennedy may bring up, if I don't think that what you've been doing couldn't be any isn't any better than anything he's going to do, Because that's that's the real power of the institution, not just HHS, but you know, our system of government here is can it survive even people coming in who don't know what they're doing and don't I'm not saying that's the thing with Kennedy there. Look, if Kennedy turns ninety nine percent of his attention just to the nutritional side of things, and I think there's a lot of win there, So I think he will. I watched a quote where they were he said, I spent thirty years basically pulling mercury out of fish, right, And really it's instrumental if you look at from an environmental law practice, what Kennedy did with the cleanup of the waters just around New York City, just around New York City. And he says, you know, because this was getting into the seafood supply. This was his gihod and he was very successful at it. He says it doesn't make me anti fish. That's true, obviously not anti fish. So when you approach it like that, let me tell you what people are going to lean into, and it will come down to whatever actions he takes. But just because you got somebody with some PhDs in sociology, they may be a very learned individual. But I assume and I gave it the credit of reading it. And yes, I don't have multiple degrees, I don't teach at Princeton all of that. But I'm smart enough to recognize that this wasn't written out of anything other than the same absurd This is the credentialed version, right, This is the one with p hds after it of the same diatribe that this woman made because she went on a dating app and some guy she almost one night standing and gave it up to might have been a Trump supporter. This is just the less polished version, too scared put in the brain of the author of that article, who may be well intentioned.
Speaker 2: Every message and every prove of.
Speaker 6: This makes me thing.
Speaker 4: That it could be.
Speaker 1: YEA, yeah, I gotta here's the thing I don't know this is. And to be fair, sometimes this comes with wisdom and age and all that maybe don't hook up with some dude who you you didn't even bother to figure out the thing that you deter to be the most intro like the biggest part of your personality, and you were just you're just willing to show up, and you know, drop the pants. I'm not trying to do the moral thing. You know, that's not that's not me. I would not sit on that, that that throne of lies there, but maybe take a step back from that, and then you have again this the polished version of it in the form of an op ed that runs there. And that's what people here now, and they don't take you seriously, and it's your own fault. I don't know that you'll ever get it back. All right eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Let's get Jeff Marf. He's ready from the Weather Channel, the little weather thing here? Is it because the cowgirls play tonight? Is that why he just can't even show up?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think maybe he's anticipating another crushing defeat, so he's getting prepared.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I like the Texans and I just I'll throw that out there. But all right, well, we'll make fun of him when he returns. Let's make light of the weather now.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we got not a bad way to start off the week.
Speaker 8: Little on the cool side as you hit out this morning, but during the afternoon you should warm all the way up to seventy one with sunshine and then partly cloudy tonight with the loan in the upper forties into the low seventies again Tomorrow, there'll be an increasing cloud cover and then some showers will pop up late tomorrow night ahead of our front with a low fifty seven. That front's going to bring in some more rainfall heading through Wednesday. As the high temperature hits seventy degrees, then it certainly will feel more like November later in the week with cooler air moving in. For Thursday and Friday, there'll be sunshine each afternoon. High temperature is hitting the load to mid fifties. Overnight lows will settle in the upper thirties.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, appreciate it, sir. Is it you again tomorrow? Then?
Speaker 2: Actually ken moon and then I think Ray returns Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well, we'll talk to you soon. Appreciate it. Thank you having a good one, yeah, yeah, and we'll take a break come back. We've got Jeff Bellinger Bloomberg News. Next. Hang on to Jeff Bellinger at inappropriate and proper time today because he's not going to know what to do with the time. So, Jeff, how is your weekend? And sir, we'll do a little cross stock here.
Speaker 3: Oh it was very nice, had a good time. How about yours? Casey?
Speaker 1: I was good. Cross is very excited?
Speaker 3: Good? What's he excited about?
Speaker 1: That thing that happened in the state you live in? Well, do you love in Jersey or New York?
Speaker 3: I live in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Oh, but you're in the Yeah, you know, you see the thing with the team from New York the bills there to see what happened that.
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 1: Oh, after we're done, you should google that. Okay, I will do that.
Speaker 3: I'll check that out certainly, all right, right anyway?
Speaker 7: Yes, Well, a stock market futures do suggest a little bit of normalization after.
Speaker 3: A big down week last week.
Speaker 7: S and P futures are up four, Nasdaq futures up sixty two, Dow futures are down sixty points. Right now, if you'll be driving somewhere for Thanksgiving, you can expect to have a lot of company on the roads, but your wallet may get a break. It's projected that holiday travel will be back to pre pandemic levels in ricks has some big cities, we'll see double the usual amount of traffic next week. Triple A expects the average nationwide price of gasoline to be below three dollars a gallon, the lowest in three years. Business leaders all around the world are under a lot of pressure. A study by Boston Consulting says most companies that set cost cutting goals don't hit their savings targets. Netflix and Walt Disney will get some new competition in Asia as Warner Brothers Discovery and produces its Max streaming service to Asian markets this week. Netflix, meanwhile, as hoping an NFL contest and a big music star will draw new subscribers this holiday season.
Speaker 3: Beyonce.
Speaker 7: We'll perform on Christmas Day during the Houston Texas at Houston Texans Baltimore Ravens game, which will be seen only on Netflix. It's reported Warner Brothers, Discovery and the National Basketball Association have settled their legal differences. Warner Brothers had sued the NBA after it lost its decades old right to broadcast games sources say this new settlement gives Warner Brothers some international broadcast rights, but domestic rights still will go to Walt Disney, Comcast, and Amazon. A lot of tech workers think they'll have to do some career hopping during their professional lives.
Speaker 3: Forty percent of the.
Speaker 7: Tech pros surveyed by Amadaeus expect to change careers at least three times to adapt to new technologies and The Amazon MGM film Red One was the weekend's number one movie, with estimated ticket sales of thirty four million dollars.
Speaker 1: Casey, all right, real quick, I'm gonna play piece of audio. Tell me if this stirs any memories.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go, banks left now taken off.
Speaker 2: Canna run forty?
Speaker 1: Got it? And then it goes inside the turn to five O, the pie P the un tel.
Speaker 3: Nothing that no a football game, I'm guessing right.
Speaker 1: You get that? Okay, all right, all right, I just thought I would take a run at it. All right, Jeff, we'll talk.
Speaker 2: About okay, all right, take care And you know I appreciate him not breaking the jinks. That's what it is. Yeah, he understands the jink situation and right.
Speaker 1: To his appear not to have any knowledge of it. The thing that.
Speaker 2: Happened, I for one, am not interested in a silly football game.
Speaker 1: No, yesterday, when I texted you something, let me quite complimentary. Let's see here, and this is somebody who is a fan of scrambling qbs. I said, uh well, I said two things. One, what Alan just did is one of the most amazing things I've watched a quarterback do. I meant that I met that buddy. And then the other thing I also meant was the amount of sadness the universe is setting you guys up for should be criminal.
Speaker 2: Oh I can't wait to be completely rushed in January. Oh yeah, Just just to reiterate, this has been my strategy entire season, because every time the topic comes up, I don't talk about it because I'm trying to completely just a media blackout of all of it, because then the team will win the Super Bowl, because when I pay attention, they lose. So us just talking about this, we're probably just I'm talking about what there's nothing. We're talking about the spirit of America and stuff right with the with the the rock photo things, that's all left.
Speaker 4: I'll take it all, gonna run forty got it and then do it justice.
Speaker 2: It was spin mode, bumping into people, just knocking people whose job is just to tackle people. Forty five percent of the team. Uh, the chiefs there touched him on that play.
Speaker 1: And they couldn't do anything. And just do you understand how the officiating was during the first pick of Mahomes Nott. Ross isn't talking about this.
Speaker 2: I am after they called a penalty for essentially embarrassing him, but there was nothing they could do about him.
Speaker 1: And then it was just it was just ty. And here's the thing too, I think they're probably good friends. They could probably sit there and not even talk about what happened in the game after, and that's fine, that's good, but it was it was pretty crazy. And yeah, well I hope you don't have to do a welfare check, but it's a possibility for you know what Ross is. They're screaming in the Parliament like he's this crazy lady from New Zealand. Could we get tea pain to auto tune that or whatever they did during that era for five minutes?
Speaker 2: But apparently that's her thing. Really, she does that all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. And and there's also the part where her own people, who again I got no problem. I you know, celebrate that and and but it's a it's.
Speaker 2: A they're not indigenous to the area.
Speaker 1: Correct. They came to there and then murdered the other people which had been there kind of an offshoot of their own people.
Speaker 2: You know, they went there, they conquered them, but then they also ate them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well I was that was gonna be the the cherry on top, But now that I'm making a food reference out of that, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Uh, Like these are things I I I remember one of the things that I got to do was to go because I'm a history and.
Speaker 1: So they're like, hey, do you want to go a place where they sacrificed a bunch of people back in like the meso American stuff. And I'm like, sign me up.
Speaker 2: I'll go check that. I know most people on vacationally. I want to go sit on the beach with the all inclusive. I'm gonna go see that. I want to see the sacrificial altar.
Speaker 1: Sign me up. And so I'm there and like they're going over all the stuff and basically here's what they do, and then capture another one. And then it turned into like a festival. Well, they basically executed all of them, but they also like they would have these mass I can't. Basically, they would rape captives to death, but they had to do so in a manner where it was loud enough the gods could hear it happening. And I remember the tour got explaining this, and my only thought was Columbus didn't get here soon enough, because what