Speaker 1: Ontago on Orlando's rock station one on one one w j R. I just heard from ac DC, who opened up their Power Up North American tour last night in Minneapolis at us Bank Stadium. Sold out crowd of sixty thousand packed in to watch the guys rip through a two hour plus set.
Speaker 2: You know we're gonna have more concerts for ac DC when they come over to Tampa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more tickets for that, We will definitely have those.
Speaker 2: Oh, speaking of prize, you see last night they gave away the iHeart Radio Music Festival tickets a Wheel of Fortune.
Speaker 1: The trip to that in Vegas. Yeah, it's Wheel of Fortune week on or iHeartRadio Week on Wheel of Fortune. One more night to go in Nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah all so if you're a wheel a wheel.
Speaker 1: Person wife is watching, you can win some of these prizes watching from home as well.
Speaker 2: This week. I tell you what, I want to go on that show. One time you put me on a game show, Pat, I'm gonna dominate. Okay, maybe not, but you remember.
Speaker 1: My pick for you which show to go on would be Jeopardy.
Speaker 2: What are you getting at?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Oh? I thought you about like my life's in Jeopardy. No? Oh no, that Remember it used to be family you all understand. Stop. Remember it used to be family fortune or family feud that I was good at. We did it. We would go out to different like bar gigs and stuff and bring a little buzzer to play family feud because I loved it so much.
Speaker 1: Speaking of fabulous prizes, end of an era. What publishers clearing houses filed for bankruptcy?
Speaker 2: Wait, you give away millions of dollars? How do you file for bankruptcy?
Speaker 1: Well, when those millions of dollars are sourced from these magazines that the whole idea is to schlep, and no one buys magazines anymore. You can kind of do the easy math, Taco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you're right.
Speaker 1: Wow, they are going to complete fulfilling this year's promotion.
Speaker 2: Well they be.
Speaker 1: If you get one of those big checks, you better take it right to the bank and make sure it clears.
Speaker 2: Now this might sound bad, but it was Ed McMahon that would walk up to the door.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you are confusing publisher's clearinghouse with American Family Publishers, which was the one that Ed McMahon.
Speaker 2: Are you sure?
Speaker 1: I am one hundred I.
Speaker 2: Thought it was Ed walking up because I always i'd hear the door knock it, I'd hear a door knock in my house and I go, oh, my god, it's the guy with the check And it was just Jehovah's witness Again.
Speaker 1: Publisher's Clearinghouse never worked with Ed, but the competitive competing American family publishers they did their thing for like the late seventies till the end of the nineties. That was that was the Ed McMahon deal. But that Publisher's clearing House, good god. They they moved a lot of their entry stuff, obviously to online, and my wife made the mistake of signing up for that a few years ago. And once once you opt into that, the spam email bombardment is is relentless, relentless.
Speaker 2: I don't even use our home email because of spam amount.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting, not from that, not from Publishers Clearinghouse, but just spam in general. I gave up our email. I'm come out, so.
Speaker 1: Bye bye price patrol. Yes, okay, okay, is this the headline of the week. This is a contender. We look I think all of us as a group were pretty much convinced we had a shoe in from earlier in the.
Speaker 2: Week, which was I'm gonna do a new method instead of reading you what the headline of the week was, because he would.
Speaker 1: Just take shorthand and it would come out wrong and it wouldn't be quite as effective. He now records a voice makes a voice recording of me reading the contenders as we go along.
Speaker 2: So here is what pat on Wednesday said. This was the headline of the week, hands down, I promise, and I said, never said nev don't don't call it yet. Here we go.
Speaker 3: CoP's investigating if foster mom gave one of her children in exchange for a monkey.
Speaker 1: And I think all of us at that point kind of agreed that's gonna be tough to top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you got something better, hold on, well on, let me hit record. Wow, I'm multitasking again, all right?
Speaker 1: One, two, three, Stranger has sex with corpse on Manhattan subway train, body robbed twice. Okay, oh god, here's what we got. Let me run this through you so you can get the full feeling for the level of depravity that exists in this country, which never sees us to amaze.
Speaker 2: It sounds like he ran it through the course.
Speaker 1: This came to light after a Metro Transit Authority train conductor found the dead man, believed to be in his forties, face down on the floor of an idling our train at the Whitehall Street subway station in Lower Manhattan about twelve thirty in the morning Wednesday. Cops investigating the case reviewed subway car surveillance footage. It showed a man believed to be in his fifties having oral and back door that with the corpse. The shocking. The shocking footage shows a second man robbing the victim a few minutes after the first man exited the train car.
Speaker 2: Those New York Subways. Man, so this the first sick Oh yeah, yeah, we know what we heard.
Speaker 1: Did that and then robbed him, And then another guy took what was left from the dearly departed that was still face down on the idling R train.
Speaker 2: What is wrong with this country, this world? And then all of a sudden, the third guy came through and started chipping out his gold fillings.
Speaker 1: So all right, those are really the two that are doing battle here.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's your we need to know it two two five, two six, which wins the headline of the week. And again we're gonna shorthand it this one stranger has six.
Speaker 3: With corpse on Manhattan subway train body robbed twice for this CoP's investigating.
Speaker 1: If foster mom gave up one of her children in exchange for a monkey.
Speaker 2: Okay, So subway or monkey is what we'll leave it at when you text in your answer to two two five two six, because I'm gonna tell you I have to go with monkey, Pat, just for the fact of how how deranged that second story was. I can't unhear that going into a weekend. That's so wrong. I'm a pick em. I will, I will be happy with the outcome. Either I can't. I can't.
Speaker 1: Both of those are so strong with a hard g which I just did as a k.
Speaker 2: Two two five two six. Which one's better as for a headline of the week winner Subway or Monkey? Somebody said, what's bits and pieces? That's my nickname bits and pieces, Bob, because I only hear bits and pieces of things.
Speaker 1: And then once he tries to bring him to light on the air, many times it's inaccurate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like somebody said, it was Ed McMahon and Dick Clark. Pat knows what's going on. We're past all that that delivered the checks. Yeah, so they're not delivering checks and no, I'll tell you what the outcome is. But I like to collecting Rent and Evan. It's neck and neck here, dude.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Let's let the votes continue to come in while we go over this last entry here this morning for idiotology. Man, what is it with these guys from Blink one eighty two. You've got Tom DeLong and his whole UFO stuff, which he's turned out to be right about a lot of the stuff.
Speaker 2: The one guy in a plane crash.
Speaker 1: And now here comes Mark Hoppus, who uh claims in his new book that he may have been responsible for the capture of Saddam Hussein. Okay, the band was on an aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf because they were going to play some shows in the region, and Uh Hoppus told a Navy admiral they had a plan to catch Hussein. He said it had to do with the fact that Saddam was sending video messages to his followers from an unknown location. And Hoppas said, he told the admiral, what about having drones fly all over the region in carpeting patterns broadcasting time codes above the level of human hearing, but at the level that a video recording could catch it. Then the next time he releases one of the videos, you can listen to it, put the ultrasonic data and triangulate the drones you flying all over. The admiral told hopp Is he might mention that to his higher ups, and four months later, Saddam's yanked out of that hiding hole.
Speaker 2: So Mark Hoppins, Mark Hoppus said, you need to release this. Hey, Mark, how about you guys release a better song. Sorry, that was not nice. But if I hear well, oh my god, I hear that one more, Oh my god. Anyway, all right here, where are you ready? You start? I might get fired for that one. Hey, you start counting? You ready?
Speaker 1: Yes? Headline of the week, what's the winner gonna be?
Speaker 2: Monkey? Monkey monkey subway monkey subway monkey subway subway, subway, subway, subway, subway monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey. I think we're going monkey. Uh. I think people just what you just gave me word a tie okay subway subway salad okay monkey subway subway. Oh yeah, I think subway's We're going into a weekend.
Speaker 1: It has nothing to do with the weekend talking. This has to do with the sheer brilliance of putting together and crafting a master headline of the week. And clearly our listeners have spoken to the depravity of this science society we live in.
Speaker 2: I just think it's better feel good moment that a foster mother traded her baby for a monkey.
Speaker 1: And that's the other beautiful part of being in this cuntry. We all can express our own opinions.
Speaker 2: That's true. Well, I mean Subway one according to you guys, and not the restaurant we're not even putting now.
Speaker 1: A sick oats.
Speaker 2: Follow the mornings, everything that walks all day. This is one oh one one w jr R, Orlando's rock station.