Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is the Benn Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle and Ain't No fool and for April first, because we have our first April first super deal to get you into the Eagles Rock in Summer Bash BFD that's May twenty fifth at Doseki's Pavilion now for two days only tomorrow, so basically starting tonight at midnight.
Speaker 3: That's officially April first.
Speaker 2: We've got a two for one ticket to b f D Buy one, get one when you buy a lawn ticket, so basically two for the price of one. It's only happening April first and April second. Buy one lawn ticket, get one free. Tickets are available at ticketmaster dot Com. Will be reminding you tomorrow and reminding you Wednesday, but you'll have forty eight hours there to get to buy one get one free for lawn tickets at BFD.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I would love right now to give away Auz's on sorry tickets. Do you got when is that KT? Do you not stop your hair?
Speaker 4: It's going to be happening on April twelve, which is coming up in really thirteen days. Tomorrow's April first, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's at the Music Oh at Fair Park.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a great place to see shows. Are you going? I don't have tickets yet.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's Kevin asking to tell you what I have. That's gonna be tough. It's Master Saturday, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, little too much information there, but we do want to give away some Aussi's on Sorry tickets to someone who has the iHeart app.
Speaker 3: It's free app.
Speaker 2: You can use the talkback feature and that's how we like to give away tickets also to people who listen to the show. So the first person that can leave their name, their phone number, and their email address on the talkback feature and can tell us where we did our.
Speaker 3: Show from last Friday.
Speaker 2: If you're a listener, you know I just mentioned it in the last segment and then of course we did a whole show there Friday. So if you know where we were doing the show last Friday and can leave it on the talkback message, then your name, your phone number, your email address, you're gonna get those Aussi's on Sorry tickets. Sports here in thirty minutes, but right now it's time for.
Speaker 3: This Juice Your Moves Hot gossh.
Speaker 1: Live.
Speaker 3: Come stay up.
Speaker 4: Before we talk about one of the big stories. Weirdly, that was trending all day online. Did you guys do your homework assignment and watch any of the Studio on Apple TV.
Speaker 3: I have not watched it yet, dying to watch it.
Speaker 5: I can't. It's definitely added to the list, but I have not seen it. I did watch White Lotus. Are you caught up in that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, fame caught up.
Speaker 7: And I finally watched the Bob Dylan movie Heywork.
Speaker 6: I loved it.
Speaker 7: But Timothy Shallomy at this point, he's great and everything so good I'm gonna like and it's music, like iconic music, so yes, I'm gonna love it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: That Gal playing Joan Biez is something to inhale.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I told Mike, I go, no way she was that hot back.
Speaker 3: She wasn't. She was not.
Speaker 4: You know what I didn't realize until like maybe the night of the Oscars was that the other girlfriend and the red haired girlfriend, was Dakota Fanning's sister.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh yes, I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Crazy question though about White Lotus? Is there one more left?
Speaker 3: Or two?
Speaker 4: One more all? I don't know how they're going to close. I don't know how they're going to close. All these gaps.
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought they would close a lot more last night than they did.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things hanging off the cliff.
Speaker 2: Maybe it just makes for the wildest episode of anything ever.
Speaker 3: Maybe, so it could be. It is really good. Though I'm not spoiler free.
Speaker 4: I want you guys to hear this because when I watched it, I was like, Okay, I'm pulling that.
Speaker 3: That's how I think about things.
Speaker 2: So there's no but there's no carryover from one White Lotus season to the next, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll back off. I'll back off, all right. So apparently there is. You just get in line and just crank them out. Okay.
Speaker 4: So the studio on Apple TV is seth rogen he is. He gets the job as the head of a of a movie studio. It's the only job you ever wanted. But he fancies himself as a guy who you know, these really good classic movies, you know. He he doesn't want to just do Transformers. So I'm spoiler free again. There's two episodes. The second one is efin hilarious and has nothing to do with what happened in episode one.
Speaker 3: Episode one.
Speaker 4: Your studio head the really the guy who's pulling all the strings. The guy at the top of the company is Brian Cranston. Okay, and he is dressing very weird and I'm gonna play. There's two equips here. Basically, what's happening is this is all again. This is not spoiling it. This is all in the description of the TV show for his release. Seth Rogen is going to get the job. They're firing Catherine O'Hara as the head of the studio. She spent too much money. So Seth Rogan's got to come in. And here's his first meeting with Brian Kranston, the bad guy.
Speaker 1: I honestly just have one strong reservation about you. Oh I've heard you are really into artsy fartsy filmmaking book, rather than being obsessed with making this studio as much money as possible.
Speaker 3: That could not be further from the truth.
Speaker 1: I am as bottom line oriented as anyone in this town. I believe you great because at Continental we don't make films.
Speaker 3: We make movies. Movies.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you guys see where it's going, right, Yeah, Okay, we're gonna play because before he can uh you know, he's still trying to get the job here. Ryan Krantz has got an idea of a movie that he would like to get done.
Speaker 1: A little secret for him, not for anyone else to hear this, but I am very close to closing on the deal to get the rights to kool Aid.
Speaker 3: Drink. The guy who prays through walls and says, oh, yeah, yes, that is perfect. That's exactly what we used to be doing.
Speaker 1: Mister Hill gets it, because look, if Warner Brothers can make a billion dollars off the plas of Aulus doll we should be able to make two billion dollars off the legacy brand of kool Aid.
Speaker 3: Can you make that happen? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and you get it.
Speaker 3: Now, let's go get it. It's so effing good. The first episode's forty minutes. Great, the second one's twenty five minutes.
Speaker 4: What the whole thing is twenty five Yeah, it's and it's just it never stops. It's a lot. I think this is kind of talked about before. It's all tracking shots, it's all handheld, like he.
Speaker 2: Did they reference in the first hints in the first two episodes, did they reference either the movie The Player or the movie Bicycle Thief?
Speaker 3: No, but they did reference to any Hall. Oh, okay, that helps you. I just watched The Player again. The Player is a badass movie.
Speaker 2: And I know there's no way that Katie or Christina have seen it because it came out when y'all were two. But it's a Robert Altman film and it's about a studio executive. There's this famous Italian neorealism movie called The Bicycle Thief, and he's like the studio executive and this guy has accused him. He needs to go see The Bicycle Thief. But Robert Altman's known for his very long tracking shots. That's what he's known for, and the very I don't know if you remember the beginning of the movie Ben they're referencing. It's one long tracking shot and they're referencing Touch of Evil, which is Norris and Wells movie that has one of the greatest long tracking shots to begin a movie ever. So, based on what you're telling me, it feels like there's a lot of references.
Speaker 3: To there's no seth.
Speaker 4: Rogan's like he's at at heart he is a guy who loves classic cinema. Yeah, but his job is now go make as much money as you can.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: The amount of holes he digs himself into is incredible.
Speaker 4: Catherine Hahn plays the role of like the head sales chick, and she's like, he's trying to do some a couple of serious arts and she.
Speaker 3: Said, huh, hefe am I supposed to sell.
Speaker 4: That, just freaking out on him. And it's just it's just so good cool, it's funny, dude, It's like very funny. Brian Cranston is so good too. So watch the studio on Apple bar a friend's password. If you don't have it, that's what you do. They release these, they release them. It's not all at once. Yeah, they did two to start. I think they'll be dropping them every Wednesday, Thursday or something. Right, all right, So Saturday Night Live. The host is Mikey Madison, who was the your winner for Best Actress in the movie Anora, and your musical guest was Morgan Wallen.
Speaker 5: Your guy, not my guy at all. You said these colors don't run, and that's your guy.
Speaker 4: No. I've been making fun of him since he got famous, since before he did the N word thing.
Speaker 3: I was like, I still don't get it. I don't understand it. Although there's a lot of people say it's catchy, catchy songs.
Speaker 4: I just don't like when guys, when they publicly play they strum a secord a couple times. Dude, just don't have the guitar, Like, if you're not gonna do it, just don't have the guitar.
Speaker 3: And just actually asked the machine and enjoy it. I know. Are you also mad at your hometown in this a little bit?
Speaker 2: No, No, it's all kind of like mad at your You need to get back to God's country.
Speaker 4: I'm in God's country. Is God's country, dude, I did. I talked to Pastor Gary today.
Speaker 3: I'm in God's so he lost a ton of money on March madness.
Speaker 4: It's funny though, when you see something happen and then you don't know like what the outrage is going to be. But I saw it and like immediately immediately took a video of it, and I was like, Okay, that's crazy. No one ever does that. He looks pissed, and then you slow mow it and watch it three or four times. So in the good nights, when everyone's on stage, the first thing I noticed was the cast is way far back, like way more than usual, like they were when Kanye was up there like it's been a long time since you've seen this, and he says something to Mikey Madison's something off Mike, and it's just like in her ear, I'm tired, but I'm not in no way, I'm as tired.
Speaker 3: As you are. And then she said, you know, thanks. They play the music and then.
Speaker 4: He walks out out the front and everyone else can ducks. But if you go the slow mo and you watch it, you see Keenan Thompson go up to Diego who's on the show, and she goes, he left, and Keenan turned around and there watching him leave. He left, and then you see Sarah Sherman talk to Mikey Madison and Sarah, if you're reading the lips, she goes, what did he say? So he was mad about something and NBC is claiming, no, no, nothing, But that's how Lorne that dude. They love that. Well, we'll have him back.
Speaker 3: Of course they loved that controversy. This is great for them.
Speaker 4: He then posted a picture of his private plane that says get me back to God's Country, which reminds me of the Bo Burnham song Panderin and which he has the lyric I write songs about riding tractors from the comfort of my private plane.
Speaker 3: Oh it's so good. So what's he mad about?
Speaker 4: Well, here's someone who was there, because not many people are there at SNL.
Speaker 3: There ain't that many seats from someone who was there.
Speaker 2: Who is it in the stands? You mean like watching it, I was there last night. This sounds reliable.
Speaker 4: I believe I was there last night. Lauren snubbed him. Mikey walked to the stage at the end and Lauren hugged her. Then Morgan came toward the stage, Lauren turned his back and walked away. It was an obvious and purposeful move. Also, the cast could be further back on the stage if they tried, And that is true.
Speaker 3: What do you watch it?
Speaker 4: You're like, whoa, why are they back there? Apparently it's the thing they do when they don't like the guest. I don't know if I believe that, because you can go through a bunch of them and find like, did they do that when? Yeah, I don't know if I agree with that. I thought Morgan did an amazing job and I hate there's a riff about him. Great show though, That's what the person said online. Someone who was there.
Speaker 2: Who knows if you can believe it or not, but something was up. I think I don't know what I mean. I would think that his fan base would not like I mean, whether you believe it or not. SNL's perception is at it to go ahead and get that issue is that it's a hardcore lib show, no doubt, and that's not his fan base. And so when I just saw his post of just hey, man, I got to get back to God's Country or whatever, I felt like he was pandering to his crowd of man I I gotta get all this lib stank off me.
Speaker 3: I'll be back home soon. Doug, you can decline the invite too.
Speaker 4: And also, I'll just go ahead and tell you there are thousands of churches in New York City, so you're always in God's Country's great. So like that's just not that's just not like that doesn't work for me.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite religion in New York? Kevin? I like them all. Yeah, I think whatever they want to do.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: So you know, I've been dealing with it because I took the I'm a huge piece of s meme from I think you should leave because the guys like I really am a huge piece of s, and I said, was pet out. Morgan Wallen is a huge piece of s. I've got enough evidence I can. You know, I can call a spade.
Speaker 3: It's bade. It's fine. But I also believe in free speech. So fantasic about that. I also believe appreciate it. That was good. I didn't know he had so many fans. Good Lord, the guy with all the number one hits. Lord, Yeah, I just didn't know. It was like that. You forgot you lived in Texas.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that we were defending in word, we're defending throwing chairs off of rooftop rooftop police officers, by the way, that nearly hit a police officer, by the way.
Speaker 3: I didn't know we're defending that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that we were just defending on just basic things like I don't know, just kinda but never mind, I have more, but I don't think I should.
Speaker 7: Like, I know, it is very childish to walk right in front of the camera like that when you know he did it on purpose.
Speaker 3: Don't go if you don't want to go, No one's.
Speaker 2: It's just he didn't He was just surrounded by so many dirty libs. He needed to get away.
Speaker 6: He had to. He just had to walk out of there so fast.
Speaker 3: I respect.
Speaker 4: Keenan Thompson did an interview today and he is like it was abrupt, but I don't know, maybe you just need to pee or something. He's like, we're just used to like.
Speaker 3: Like he knew what to do.
Speaker 4: Also on the show, Yes, he's done it before. If you remember during COVID.
Speaker 3: He was kissing the able and he got kicked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had a you know, COVID protocol like all of our sports teams did, our workplaces did. They replaced him with Jack White like three days before because the video comes out of him at a bar a bunch of people. And then then two weeks later they had him back and did a skit about it. So it was fine, okay, so like they they've done this, how was the end.
Speaker 3: Of his future? Self? Would come back and talk to him and tell him not to.
Speaker 4: Do not to do it, and it was fine, right, and it was good, and then they invited him back and he accepted it.
Speaker 3: Were they all standing on stage with him that time? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, it's divisive.
Speaker 3: It was just so divisive.
Speaker 5: It's all divisive, man, And I've never seen anybody switch from one side to the other and it's straight echo chamber.
Speaker 2: Do you know who I saw talking about him? Do you guys know, you guys know Kristin Cavalari?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Jtler, Yeah, yeah she was. I was.
Speaker 2: So when I was reading the Morgan walling story, I clicked on it and then you know, halfway down the story gives you a link to another story, and it was about Kristin Cavalari calling Morgan Wallen a fantastic lover.
Speaker 3: Oh guy, respect for the how he bangs it out. Maybe you want to get with him. There you go, all right, there you have it.
Speaker 5: There is the Hollywood Shuffle coming up next, and around the sports torpedo bats and the tush push.
Speaker 3: Where does it all end? We discussed next