Speaker 1: Uh uh, hello, Hello everybody.
Speaker 2: The little thingies has an announcement. No, I don't announce these things. No No. I said something off camera to Stephanie and then her response was just it was what the normal response should be. And I'm not going to say what I said, but she's like, okay, And then I just heard recording in progress. It's me Cecily here with Stephanie. We got a whole room full of cringe stuff, new room full of news, and we're we're pre recording this a little bit because we had so much to say about Ariana Grande. So if you haven't listened to that, you know, listen to it. But so there might be other news that is broken. But we're not CNN. Okay, we're just gonna talk about this stuff. You get it. We don't have to see you. Yeah, we're just picking and choosing.
Speaker 3: We're talking about some stuff and I want to start out with our heaviest thing. And because you caught my attention, So Glenn Hansward was was I say was because he recently passed away and I don't know if a lot of people even know who he is, but he's a singer.
Speaker 2: I've seen him in concert you have wonderful. Oh yeah, I saw him with the frames he was in Okay. So the best way that you can know him is from the from the movie Once. He was the Irish o Irish singer songwriter who was busking in the movie Once he falls in love, but he didn't really fall in love in the movie. If you remember, they never got together. And that's kind of important to know now. He was a back cleaner salesman, right, yeah, yeah, I haven't seen it a long time, but it was such a big hit. It was the sleeper hit that became like a Broadway musical that won Tony's.
Speaker 3: And the song is hit, the song falling Slow one I believe won an Oscar, Oh my God.
Speaker 2: And a Grammy like it was. It was a magical moment for music, and he is He was an extremely talented musician and I was a really big fan. And I just want to say that going into this. Yeah, because so as soon as Okay, so he played I actually posted this on my Instagram at one point he played this. Like in Ireland, I guess they have these little instead of going to like bars or I mean they do bars as well, but they go to people's homes and they all jam, they like jam sessions, and he was just playing this beautiful song and all these other old, older Irish people around him playing guitar and singing. But everybody, and I can't say everybody, but it looked like in the photo that every single person had a giant Guinness next to him. That is kind of important to this particular story only because he immediately did this, got on a motorcycle and then crashed. So yeah, so some people are saying like yeah, but it's not like, uh, that's not the story. It's not shocking it. I mean, he's an Irish singer songwriter that like it was not something that people go, you probably shouldn't get on your motor so like no one would maybe think of that. Does that make sense? Nobody tried to take his key? No, I mean I'm sure that there are some people that would in any place, but like in this case, Yeah, you can see it in the it's so weird in the video. It's just right there. Doesn't mean he was drunk. I'm just saying, I mean he probably was drunk. Yeah, I guess, I mean, I guess. I as I say it, I feel kind of bad because I'm like, I don't really know, but I looked up. You know, you're about to feel worse, I know, and I'm gonna I'm getting it up on thread so that I have the exact threads because there's so much he okay, I looked it up on Wikipedia. Almost right away. I was like, wait, how old is Glenn? You know, I went I went to look like a lot of us did and hadn't thought about it, and he was exact. He was fifty four years old, like so young. I was shocked. But then it comes up, in fact, this is what I'm gonna pull up first his Wikipedia page. Is it struck me and I'm somebody who is pretty forgiving, weirdly forgiving sometimes about this kind of stuff. And right when you say, I think that's probably fair, yes, oh yeah, a fault. So I'll just be sort of like, well, come on, I mean, legal is legal, you know whatever. But okay, so it has all these pictures of him he passed. Let me get to the personal life. Personal life, so while busking, it's from sixteen to eighteen he lived with this. Okay, that part doesn't matter. So he met Marquetta. She was the woman in once I can't pronounce her list of Marketta. They met in two thousand and one, when she was thirteen and he was thirty two, at a music festival organized by her parents in the Czech Republic. Her father, a fan of his and his band, The Frames, later invited Hanster to stay at the family home for three months to write songs. Okay, so he lived. She was thirteen. He was living in the house to write songs. He and this woman began a romantic relationship in two thousand and seven, so that was six years later, so when she was nineteen, and that was during the promotional tour for Once, but in August of two thousand and seven, he said of the relationship, quote, I think we fell in love a couple of years ago, but nothing happened till recently. So when she was nineteen, he's saying, that's when we decided to go for it, But we probably fell in love way before that, when she was seventeen years old, really fifteen, Yeah, he said I And he said, nothing happened though until recently. End quote. I kept telling myself she's just a kid. Yeahru, she was just a kid.
Speaker 3: That's why you had to tell yourself that, Like.
Speaker 2: Oh, so then, as you might imagine, a lot of threads started, I mean literal on threads were people you know, and a lot of them. It's hard to kind of find different ones because there's so many about his funeral. I mean, you know, Bono saying everyone speaking like he was a big deal.
Speaker 3: Tory Amos covered following slowly as a you know, what do you call it?
Speaker 2: It's a tricky A tribute, yeah, tribute. Yeah, it's true. It's a tricky thing because he had a lot of fans, including myself, and he had a lot of famous people that are still fans. And the person that we're talking about had herself is saying I was legal. There is no issue here. I loved him till the day he died. We're really good friends. So I don't know. This one's rough because a lot of people are on threads like saying the things that we were saying. Like some one person wrote in the threads predator predators, because that has its own thread helped the victims and survivors of the musician whose passing was just announced today are okay. Can't be easy to have your abuser and tributes and obituaries. Now, I don't know why we have to say like survivors like plural.
Speaker 3: Because Okay, so he was with this young girl at nineteen.
Speaker 2: They broke they didn't get they got together at nineteen, then they broke up a couple. They were together for a while, and I remember thinking it was so sweet. I didn't know how young she was. I was like, oh my god, they really fell in love making this movie. I really, But in the movie, they're not in love. They don't make out. It's just this sort of like too. It's very lost in translation. Yes, yes's and she was not underage, although did you know that Scarlett Johansson was only seventeen when she made that and we're getting close ups of her book although that probably wasn't. I love that movie for the record, absolutely freaking love it. And it's about sort of star cross to like your cross lovers at a different time and it's never gonna be but you might still love each other in this different kind of way. They never hooked up, I know, never will. I mean, did you want them to? Like? Did you what? Did you want it? Hardly?
Speaker 1: Did I know?
Speaker 2: Same? Why did we want that? Because we're in love with Bill Murray? Types is what it is. Of course we are. That's yes, Oh my god, we are really coming to some serious I have chills right now.
Speaker 3: We're discovering our bodies.
Speaker 2: We're feeling feelings.
Speaker 3: I mean, no, but it okay, it that this is weird because okay, yes, but so he okay, so he was with her but then he got married.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they broke up. He had other relationships throughout time. We kind of know they with much younger women, or were they He was a younger. The wife is younger because he's in his He was fifty four when he passed and has a very young son. I think they just had a son a few years ago, so the wife must be at least, you know, early for I'm not sure her age, so she is. He likes much younger women, right, And then a lot of people on threads were like, that is a little known secret. He always was sort of hanging around. But it's not like I don't want to vilify him because it's not like you'd be the first singer song rocker. It's like, how deep do we go down this thing? Like where you know the Mick Jaggers of it all, Like we just kind of go, well, Mick Oh man, he just keeps getting He's one hundred and there's still twenty. Poor Leo or anybody else that we.
Speaker 3: Talk about, or Robert de Niro, Is it Robert de Niro put al Pacino?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean, and this is what becomes to normalized that it's almost I've given up. I've literally just given up, Like you want if that's what you I can't. I cannot, right, But that it also is a thing that it does. It normalizes the idea that like, Okay, well that's what's attractive, like and that's why women are killing themselves to like not look their age, you know, because that's what we're being told.
Speaker 3: We're being told like, well, that's what's attractive. If you can't keep up with that, then don't know what to tell you, because that's what guys like I.
Speaker 2: Could even get back to forty that was still too old for the guys that I, let you know, have been interested in. I couldn't even if I could even go back all the way and get like all the things done to look back that it would still would not be for a further enough back. That's the frustrating part to me, Like I can't get to twenty. So here's what someone wrote. So someone said after this victim's conversation. Someone wrote, wait, I thought it was just the I loved her even though she was young, a child, so I waited till she was eighteen? Is there more very valid question this person?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: There are more a bar venue where he hung out right by the lady's toilets. Okay, now this is just random. I don't know if this does not feel true at all, like by the lady's toilets, sometimes follow them in. Okay, that's not I'm not going to readdress. That's no way that's true. It's just not we would have heard about that, follow them in. I mean a whole bunch of burner phones to give teenage girls and demand the phones back when they aged out. And then let's just see if anybody commented on them, and someone wrote, yeah, you have no evidence. No one is saying that that's just a that's a troll, right, but it made me laugh. Really, he hangs out by the toilets and he married is he married me of Pharaoh's adopted daughter And you're like, okay, I think you have the wrong guy. Uh, and then just and then it's just people piling on book, the the total campfire guitar playing Troubadour Creek prototype. I disagree. I love his music, so I don't know on this one. I do feel like, no, that's not awesome. She was also Italian, but they didn't get together till she was nineteen, And she has no issue. I have a friend. I have one friend at all in my life, right, and well then we should hear a story about that friend. She came from a different country. I'm not going to say what because I don't want to give I don't want to give the like if she were to ever listen to this doesn't really matter. But she came from a different country. Her parents were not born in the US. Okay. She came from a country where it was like you did kind of have arranged, you know, marriage is not not not so much so that you were like married off, but you you're face. Families would meet and kind of suss each other out and then sort of decide at pretty early ages like who was supposed to hang out, you know, And so she was sort of put together at a very young age at like thirteen with a guy in his twenties. They did not hook up I think until she was a little bit older, but she wasn't eighteen and if anyone I remember at one point saying, so they're like, are you okay with that? And she got kind of defensive, and to this day she's like, that is my streng There is no issue. I have no issue. We're still friends, no problem. And she doesn't really seem to be having issues that she's working out, like she just live in her life. So sometimes it is this other woman was from the you know, I'm not saying it's good or bad. I'm just saying they were from the Czech Republic. It was like a different thing. And they didn't actually, allegedly they did not hook up until she was nineteen years old.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, man, what doing You're not allowing me to be judgmental, and I want to you.
Speaker 2: Can be judgment Well, no, people want you to right now. Believe me, they're very mad. I don't even know what to say. I don't think it's great. I don't love it. I just don't understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I do think that that it's it's a sad commentary on like society, and then you just look at the fact that like the guy likes young girls, so he found one that was like cool with it, and he found then he found more that were cool with it, and he was a he's a rock star, So I guess you can do it, you know, could they let you if you want to?
Speaker 2: Grab him by the pussy? Grab him by the pussy. There, It's all good, That's what I'm saying. Grab here. This is interesting. This person said in two thousand and two, I went to the forty Watt Club to see a band I don't but they're not saying how old they were. I dragged two of my besties who were interested in the headline are new pornographers. After the gig, we were awkwardly standing around the side of the stage hoping to talk to Nico Case and Glenn clocked us and came over. Did you want to go backstage? He asked. We mumbled incoherently, and he's insisted it's fine, it's fine. Come please. Do you want me to keep reading this? Yeah? Glenn did some quick Irish math. How long does it take to drink beer? Five minutes? If we have thirty minutes, then that's six beers and thirty minutes six beers in thirty minutes. Soon we all were chanting six beers and thirty minutes. Okay, well that's a different issue, I feel. And before I knew it was his arm was linked in mind and my friends and we skipped down the Washington Street to Flickers Bar, Wizard of Oz style. There are so many evenings of late night debauchery, regret that is absolutely not one of them. Oh wait, they're all a joyous moment with a stranger who became a friend in minutes, one of my favorite memories for my time of my life. And then there's a photo I don't know if that's true or not. See then there's a photo of the Wizard of Oz. So you're fucking with me, damn it. And then somebody asked how old they were and they just backed out of the conversation, so like, who knows, Well, okay, then you know what.
Speaker 3: Sometimes our job is not to even have strong opinions, is just to tell you and allow you. Why don't you guys do some work on yourselves, off yourself whatever? Just do I know we said we were going to, but on the last episode, if you listen to that, we did the work.
Speaker 2: We really did the lot of hard work a lot. But on this episode, this yeah, like, okay, this person said, she said an interview that she fell in love with him as a child. He was her hero. You can't tell me that he didn't fucking groom her. That's what this person said. I guess I can see that now. I see other stories about him and I interview and interview quotes, and I'm so angry to know that a person I admired so much, whose music meant so much, was another piece of shit like so many others.
Speaker 3: I mean, kind of shitty, kind of shitty to be with somebody when I don't know.
Speaker 2: I get all right now, he held out. Then the next person lastly said, that's quite an opinion. He waited till she was nineteen. She waited. They loved each other, they broke up and moved on. They stayed extremely close as friends and musicians.
Speaker 1: OK.
Speaker 2: Maybe let it be her story. Nineteen is not a beat.
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean, listen, my mom got married at nineteen. Good older guy had me at twenty three. He was in his thirties, my father, but he met her at seventeen, married her at nineteen.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think it's a little gross. Yeah, whatever, it's really weird. I just I'm sorry if I went away for a second, but I just gotta I'm doing and this is passed by the time you hear this, thank god. But I'm supposed to I'm doing stand up tomorrow. Yeah, this is not the day that you're whatever. And the guy I was supposed to host the whole things, I've been like working on that for like weeks, huh on it and he just hosted. He was like, yeah, they want so and so to MC. So you're just gonna go up early instead. I guess that's better to just do a set. But I mean, I had a whole thing about hosting. You can't just change that like.
Speaker 3: That, right and back. Let's see this in real time. Tell him no fuck about you're hosting.
Speaker 2: Crazy, like I'm doing a thing for you. Yeah, what who are they having? MC? Now? You guys are just listening to Ueen phone call Patrick Keane, who I love. But they're like, he's saying Rita from Problem. We know Rita. He's like, Rita likes Keen EMC. So you and Henry early okay, check Mark? Well, why are you telling Rita has nothing to do? She doesn't give a shit who emcees the lab?
Speaker 3: All right, well, let's say let's finish our episode and then let's definitely talk about that. Well, okay, do we have like another Okay, here's a story coming at you that Brad Pitt is still like, I feel like Brad Pitt is not getting the best of his Angelina Joe Lee story, and I think he needs to kind of stop coming for her because, as we talked about a couple episodes, a few episodes ago, we read the whole thing about what Brad allegedly did to Angelina on the plane, and it wasn't good. It wasn't great. So this story is Brad Pitt to Angelina Jolie, stop dragging your feet, show me your movie money. Okay, Okay, So Brad Pitt claim that Angelina Jolie is refusing to turn over her movie contracts as he challenges her claim that she put her career on ice following their twenty sixteen separation, and now he wants a judge to intervene. First of all, I'm gonna interjact right here. I'm sure she did have to put her career on ice for a bit because she has like eighteen children, yeah, which he was not going to be any part of. And her children were probably pretty fucking traumatized by what went on, So like, yeah, I doubt she was going to run off and do a movie right then because she was being the parent and he was like, okay, bye bye, and now has to tie it back to our last story as like a super you know, young girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yeah, he's sixty, she's thirty, but he's.
Speaker 3: Claiming and he's done NonStop movies Brad Pitt has, so like, you don't need Angelina's money. Brad filed court documents claiming that Angelina has been giving him the run around on producing documents showing her income from twenty seventeen to twenty twenty one. During the time period she started many projects including Maleficent, Mistress of Evil, Marvel's Eternals, and Those Who Wish Me Dead. Brad's team says they asked her to provide info on upfront fees for her film roles, brand sponsorships, and any profit participation.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Because she claims she determined that she needed to sell Chateau Maraval to achieve financial independence, so he said. Angelina initially agreed to produce the info, only later to reverse course and refuse to turn the info over to him. God, I think that he should just like fucking back off. I mean, both of them should die, but absolutely he should.
Speaker 2: She's been raising these children and there he could say he could be well, some of them were adopted before he came to the picture. Okay, fine, but three of them are biological kids, right, and he adopted them and he was supposed to be. Did you see that thing? Did I tell you the Onion article that it said in solidarity with his kids, Brad Pitt drops the pit from his last that's funny.
Speaker 3: Well, basically, Angelina Jolie is not claiming, it's saying. She never claims she was having financial distress when she sold her steak in Nouvelle, their French winery, but rather she wanted independence from Brad. I believe her her lawyer. The issue is not whether Jolie needed the money. The issue is that she was trying to untangle her life and her finances from her controlling an abusive ex husband. That distinction makes all the difference. Guess what I believe. I believe it because he had to quit drinking. He clearly abused her. There were witnesses, all the kids saw it, and she wanted out from what's going on with him?
Speaker 2: Right, And here's another here's another story just to piggyback on that as far as just like the big age differences too, because you know, Brad just keeps on going like that's just because he's Brad pitt Y. This model that he's with is also dated Bradley Cooper, who is sixty one. Now that's fine. Good for him dating a thirty one year old Gigi hadid and they got matching wedding rings as a declaration of their love. Now cute, so cute. Hee've sparked marriage speculation on Monday. Now, first off, he doesn't have the best track record, Like he gets into some what I've heard pretty volatile. Wait, isn't his ex? Hold on? Is that his baby mama the one that's dating Brad Or is that a different woman? Oh? Okay, wait no, Sukie Waterhouse is the one that he had a kid with, Right, Okay, I think so. I think you're gonna have to look that up. Look up, please look up Bradley Cooper. Baby mama, Okay, baby mama. She's a lot more than that, a lot more than that. Okay, I'm looking it up.
Speaker 3: Arena shake, Okay, is that not the one? That's okay? I get so confused, the supermodel arena.
Speaker 2: Okay. And then he dated Sky Okay, I'm almost positive of that. But then okay, so all right, Bradley and Gigi. There they're sparking marriage speculation. They were photographed wearing some shiny new jewelry on their left hands. They haven't commented on the rumors, but they're officially While Cooper and Hadeed's reps haven't commented on the rumors that they're officially hitched. Page six Styles exclusively learned that Cooper and Hadid's new rings are I don't know how to pronounce this wedding bands. You don't know how to happy? He looks happy. Oh, this kind of brings me back. No, I know how to say wedding bands, but it was the name of it. Oh. There was a couple next to me at the the other day. I talked about going to the Death Cab for kid a concert, and this couple next to me. I thought it was a dad and his daughter, one hundred percent sure. He was like, had to have been in his sixties, and she looked like she was about fourteen. And then at one point they started kissing, and I was like, my god, Now I don't think she was fourteen. For the record, she but I don't think she was older than twenty two.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: I mean unless she just looked really young. She did know every word, but there were a lot of young people there, so they must have like it must have tapped into a younger audience at some point. I don't remember how that happened, but it was. It was distracts. Have you ever had that where were like, oh, a dad and his dad and his daughter and they makeout, yes, Oh my god in this picture. Go ahead, Yeah, no, go ahead. Well, I was just saying, the picture of Bradley and Giji, it looks like a dad. Honestly looks like a dad and his granddaughter. To me, he likes him young.
Speaker 3: When he dated Suki, he was thirty eight, so going on forty, and she was twenty one, so going on twenty.
Speaker 2: They've got to be Now it's that was a twenty year and different now it's a thirty exactly thirty year difference. Yeah, but you said he's known to be kind of uh yeah, fiery. Yes, is that how we're going to put it? Yeah? You know, is that how we're putting what he's known to be. I mean he's like an asshole, right, what's noel? I thought you were making like the rumors are similar to the Tom Cruise rumors. Oh really, so, I mean that's what I've always heard. Now, I guess at this point you just go well, I mean obviously not you know, oh, I.
Speaker 3: Just meant like a temper. I was that you're trying to find a Q way to say that. Like I've heard, he's sassy. Is that true?
Speaker 2: He's like sassy on set? I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: He's silly. He's so silly.
Speaker 2: He's a silly pants, Like does he love an apparall sprits? I guess you can't have them anymore because he is sober. I think he also got sober.
Speaker 3: He's sober. Yeah, he's been sober for a long time. I mean, listen, it's legal. So I really have gone to this place where, you know, I have friends. I have friends in their sixties that are dating women in their thirties and it's not really At at some point, I guess it's not our business. We'll listen to this, jenn Why this is on Google? Why did Jennifer Esposito leave Bradley Cooper? Jennifer Esposito left Bradley Cooper because their four month marriage. Did you know that they dissolved amid a toxic dynamic, leading her to file for divorce, citing irre irreconcilable differences.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, so they filed for.
Speaker 3: Divorce in O seven and they only mat in May O seven after marrying in late December.
Speaker 2: Huh, people just gone. People just gonna do.
Speaker 3: This, says, Okay, this says. In her memoir Jennifer's Way. This was in twenty fourteen, she described an unhealthy relationship with an unnamed ex, widely assumed to be Cooper, characterizing him as arrogant, cold, and a master manipulator whose personality could flip quickly.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I could see that. I feel like I've heard that. I mean, I don't know, he's mysterious. He's kind of old movie star type, you know. Yeah, he sort of does the thing where it's like, I mean, I think he just and they all do. Maybe there's something a tie in with sobriety in some ways, like the brad pit like they can't have alcohol and pot that used to give them whatever dopamine hit, and so they get it from thirty year old models. You know. Maybe they're like, well, you can't take that for me. Well, listen to this.
Speaker 3: This is weird because Bradley Cooper got sober in two thousand and four when he was twenty nine. So he got together with her in late two thousand and six, so he was sober.
Speaker 2: So we can't blame that. No, I'm saying, it's like an it's a substitute for that. Oh you know what I mean. Yeah, there's some you know, I mean, no one's perfect. If we look at anybody's thing, I I don't.
Speaker 3: Uh, there's two more people that didn't really get along very well. Kelly Osborne sends scathing message to ex sid Wilson after his slip knot firing. Okay, I find Kelly Osbourne to be kind of cray. That's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: I don't really have. I'm gonna I'm gonna push back. I don't have. I think people are really hard on her, not you. I just think like I really think she got like a bad like she got kind of forced into reality show as a child, you know, before she really even had she kind of had to grow up like Chelsea, like Chelsea Clinton, like in front of us, going through all her awkward phases, like no wonder she has maybe possibly disordered thinking or whatever. Like I can feel for her, Yeah, I mean sure, whatever, but I feel like.
Speaker 3: Well, here's what she's saying, here's what she's saying publicly. Kelly Osborne demanded child support from her ex Sid Wilson after he was fired from Slipknot. Wake the fuck up and take some responsibility. I will not take your shit anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm done.
Speaker 3: So this is what she wrote in a now deleted Instagram story. I love these people. They're just living out loud, you know, she says, I want to be happy and I have a beautiful Sunda rays. Leave me alone, let me heal. I can't protect you from yourself anymore. She added in another.
Speaker 2: Post, voice It's not fair to do it in that voice because that's swaying people.
Speaker 3: Okay, but that's how it's written. Wake the fuck up and take some responsibility. How do you want me to say that? Hey, can you just like wake up and take a little responsibility?
Speaker 2: Look, up, little cutie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, except for those words aren't in there, Like I can only read the words that are there. And so, first of all, I don't know if you know this about me, but I used to teach cold reading workshops, so I know a little bit about doing cold readings.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, listen, this is kind of a perfect this. I know you're not. We're not done with this exact thing, but I do want to talk about we weren't. We didn't even talk about Modest Mouse. That guy got kicked out of Modest Mouse for inappropriate texting. We can have a whole theme today of oh shit, when did that happen? Oh my god, it just happened like a couple of days ago.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, Okay, this best episode ever. Okay, it's a lot. Oh my god, this episode is so good. But do you want to hear? Okay, but hold on, let's slow down. Slipknots Sid Wilson was fired from the band after thirty years.
Speaker 2: Slipknot's been together for thirty years. That's gross.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it says he's fired after thirty years and just months after he's split with Kelly Osbourne. He was notified late Friday afternoon that he'd been permanently let go from the legendary heavy metal group. No explanation for the decision has been reported, and the band has yet to announce a replacement. He joined in nineteen ninety eight as their ninth member. Oh God, I hate slim Not. He performed the performed under the stage name Hound Sign zero, of course, and handled turntables, keyboards, and samples and sound effects. Uh what as a joke. His firing comes four months after he and Osborne called off their engagement after four years together.
Speaker 2: Okay, so if it wasn't he awful to her? Like if in my memory because these stories come and go so quickly it's hard to remember. But I think she accused him of like use Well.
Speaker 3: She says, I mean in another she says, I'll say it in a really nice way. Also, while I'm at it, can I have my dogs back in all my possessions?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and maybe some child support?
Speaker 3: So she said that, So I'm sure she said it in like a super nice way.
Speaker 2: She's not wrong. I'm on her side against this.
Speaker 3: And then she says, she says, strange, how the loudest defense of the guilty is rarely innocence dot dot dot. It's distraction. When the mask slips, they don't face the mirror, they throw it at someone else, she wrote. Also, she says she says, I also heard that when you break a mirror you get seven years bad luck?
Speaker 2: Or is that just karma?
Speaker 3: This is why I always take accountability. Well, and then I pop up, happened? This is why I always take accountability. As they say, some are sicker than others.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Also, she spelled that she spelled van. The word is van, but she spelled a thgn, which is fine. She doesn't have the perfect grammar. That's okay. I know you're an iPhone thing. So when you say, when you say summer sicker than others, that's sobriety talk.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So this is a sober person casting aspersions on another sober person or a non sober person.
Speaker 2: Right, it's it's a lingo. Right, that's interesting. I would not have known that. Yeah, that's why I'm here. I'm here to tell you. Yeah, that's interesting to me. I mean, I'm on her side against this dude. She also says.
Speaker 3: She also says, my job is to protect my kids, not your feelings, not your expectations, not judgments I didn't ask for. My responsibility is to protect their wellbeing, their nervous systems, their emotional safety. I will cheat it every single time over anyone, over anything. No, that's that's attributed to at something something wealth in ok yeah.
Speaker 2: God, all right, Well let's end with this modest mouse saying yes, please do they Okay, So this guy named Simon O'Connor, who's a guitarist, he's not. They have different people come and go on like, okay, so he's not like the mean, he's not like the lead singer. I don't know. I think he was. I mean, it seems like a big story. They dropped guitarist Simon O'Connor from upcoming tour dates amid accusations that he sent inappropriate texts to a minor. And I've followed the story from the beginning for the last few days. I became kind of obsessed with it. But the band put out a comment They're like, he won't be joining. The good news is this guy Seth is gonna play and he'll jump in. Everyone's like, yeah, okay. So the story was in a post shared on Reddit last month, a sixteen year old female fan. Okay, this is crazy because I saw all the screenshots. This is fucking crazy. She uploaded screenshots and claimed that he sent her this erotic image, followed by a slew of direct messages after she liked some of the musicians' Instagram stories.
Speaker 3: So she, okay, this sixteenth this, Oh, she's sixteen. She's sixteen. Hasn't she better than thirteen? Go on, well, better than thirteen? But they did not hook up at thirteen. They didn't hook up. I'm okaying, I believe.
Speaker 2: Right, but they fell Hell, they fell in love. Still creepy, it's still creepy. But so this sixteen year old, she went on his Instagram as you do at sixteen, and she liked a bunch of posts in a row. She was watching all his stories. She's a fan, okay. And so he says he allegedly indicated her age on her handle. He saw it and at the time commented for context the story I had that he viewed was my seventeenth birthday countdown and it said that very clearly. So she's trying to say he definitely knew she was sixteen with the story. He has the craziest excuse, he said, Okay, So what happened was all right, hard, this is so hard to explain. He like wrote something back to her that was kind of nonsensical, and then he deleted it. Then he sent that picture of the guy like it's a very pornographic picture of a guy with a really big dick with his legs spread apart that meme that was going around that people were sundaying around. Okay, remember he's like a heavy set guy with a very large penis. I think you sent it to me one time. I'm not even joking.
Speaker 3: Oh where you click on something it's a political thing about the track, and then it's that guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, okay. So he sent that and then he deleted it, and then he and then she he's like sorry, sorry, and she's like, oh, I just figured you got hacked. And he's like, just had a party and look into everything with one eye, you know, he wrote, and she wrote back, oh boy, get a good night of sleep. And then he wrote back, but you did blindside me with a gaggle of likes and then very little uh into besides very little into besides bikini picks. So we're both to blame. So WHOA, You're like, what kind of nonsense. Is this kind of drunken crazy shit. The next day he went on Reddit and he addressed and he said I did it again, or he said something to her like I did it again. Then he goes on Reddit and elsewhere, and they posted on Reddit and he said, I oppose any sexual behavior towards miners as a human and a parent. It disgusts me. This is what his excuse was. He said. Throughout my adult life, there's been a person who has popped up from time to time with the intention of, for lack of a better term, mess with me. The person creates multiple social media accounts and then deletes them, but always posts similar photos that I often recognize from previous accounts. After a long night, I picked up my phone to discover that a similar profile had been interacting likes to be specific, with some of my posts and stories. Then, he says he assumed he was dealing with the same person as before, and with poor judgment. I decided to reach out with a tasteless meme and a sticker that reads, Simon calls your bluff because his name is Simon, as an attempt to indicate that I recognize the barrage of likes, and it was sort of like a gotcha, like, I know, you're the guy that always fucks with me. It doesn't make sense what he says, by the way, No, Then he says, after a few minutes, I realized I had made a mistake. This was not the person who I had dealt with before. I unsent the messages and immediately seized communication, which that part is true. She screenshot them. That's how it goes. Then he says, I'm so, I'm genuinely sorry for the person who received those messages. They didn't deserve to be put in that position, and I'm sorry for the stress and attention that it brought them. He said, I know some people will choose not to believe me. I understand that I can't change what's happened. All I can do is tell the truth, take responsibility for my mistake, and apologized. So that's how that went. And a lot of people, as you might imagine, are not believing him. Some people are Some people are like, yeah, that sounds like he just gets drunk and high and sounds really weird shit to people. But hmm, so he's saying he did not realize that that person was who they said that they were. He thought it was someone who books with them him, it's that one's not. Yeah, No, I don't believe that none of these are good.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: No, she didn't really do it, and she was even trying to be although she didn't share the thing, but she was like, all right, get some sleep, bro, Oh, I mean, good luck, hope you. I don't know if there's other allegations about him, like I sort of some people, and it's hard to know, but yeah, Modest Mouse was real fast. They did it within like less than a day. They're like you're out, Yeah, you're gone, You're done, which is pretty smart. They probably had other issues with him, maybe unrelated. I bet they wouldn't have if they really liked him, they wouldn't have done it. Remember when Anthony Keatis dated quote unquote a fourteen year old Oh my god, no, that came up on Reddit when I looked up this Modest Mouse thing, Like, we are just in a Yeah, let's just say in conclusion, none of that's great, including Glenn Hansard. No matter how much I like his music, it's not awesome. It is their story to tell, though, and but we all so can tell it because we're here yeah, microphone, all right, I feel dirty. I think this was really good. Gross these guys all.
Speaker 3: Right, thanks everybody. We love you guys. We don't think you did anything wrong.
Speaker 2: No, and then listen, it's nuanced, it's whatevers. Bradley Cooper's happy. Why stop at dirty? Right right? All right, bye bye