Speaker 1: You're listening to kf I AM six forty the bill handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: What's going on this morning? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh we just got new pastathon totals.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh yeah, okay, new pastathon totals. Elmer, do we have a drum roll hanging around there? Hang on, he's looking, he's looking.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I just threw that at him. Elmer's panic. Now, oh my god, where do I get it? It's somewhere. Let's pull a recording.
Speaker 2: Oh good, gosh, Okay, I'll do it. You got it. Here we go.
Speaker 3: As of six o'clock this morning, we are it. Do you have the total bill?
Speaker 2: No? I don't.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll do it. Then I was gonna let you do it. One million, two thousand and sixty nine dollars, also seventy nine and fifty five pounds of pasta and sauce. And guess what you can still donate? Yep, we can get that total up there even more. We're taking donations at KFIM six to forty, dot com, sash Pastathon, at all Smarten finals. Do you make your donation at checkout and at all Wendys in southern California. Just make a five dollars donation. You're going to get one of those cool Wendy's coupon books worth a lot more than five dollars with a lot more. Oh and you can donate more than five.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that would be nice to donate more than five. A quick question and you can go at smart and final. You can also pick up some pasta and sauce and take it to the counter and pay for it and then say this is for Pastathon now and they'll take it. And that's part of the pastafon campaign. Do you know and you may not know this, but until about three years ago we KFI listeners and us saw all of us involved in Pastathon. We brought enough pasta and sauce to the table where Katerina's Club, the charity that we support that feeds the kids. Now twenty five thousand meals a week, had enough pasta and sauce to last for the year. Wow, we did it all. Now it runs out in July. They have they are feeding so many kids that by July they have to start buying pasta and sauce. I mean, it is that successful. And that's how much they need our help. So we're at a million dollars. Now does that include Wendy's and Smart and Final yet?
Speaker 2: Have we gotten those figures? Do you know?
Speaker 3: I don't think you know what.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna have Michelle come in at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Michelle's going to come in at seven.
Speaker 1: O'clock and explain a little bit about Pastathon, but sort of inside baseball of Pastathon. She's the one that puts it all together. I mean, it happens because of Michelle. If it weren't for Michelle, there would be no Pastathon. Also, I think we have a video of my purchase at Smart and Final of pasta and sauce that I donated, which is it's a pretty impressive amount, even though afterwards I had him put it back on the shelf because I just did it for the video. Also, yesterday at Pastafon, we always has have per my contract, real jew bagels. It used to be they go to the store and just get toasts and stuff. So I changed my contract. Legitimately. I think we have that up on Instagram too, So we had real jew bagels. And as I was leaving Pastafon, I pointed out the bagels. I gave you a tour through our bagels and that's up at at bill Handle show on Instagram. So very excited am Michelle here. I got to I have to give her some big kudos on this. Usually since since she has left the show after twenty six years, she was a producer of this show, and then we had a couple of others and then and came aboard, I have ignored Michelle. No, she's not producing the show anymore, So I'm pretending I'm amish and I just shun her.
Speaker 2: And it does look right past her. You know, you're not on the show anymore. What do I care?
Speaker 1: But today at seven o'clock, Michelle is joining us and explaining a little bit, a little bit about Postapon. Okay, Neil is not here today, but Amy is good morning, Good morning, Elmer is Fillian Frakono, Good morning, Elmer, good morning, all right, and Neil, who is not here. Neil is a little bit under the weather, which to this day, I don't know what that means, because aren't we all under the weather? So that nope, you get it. Yeah, yeah, we step outside and we're under the weather. So I don't know what that means. But Neil his medication that he takes and a lot of it because as you know, no I'm seriously, he talks about it all the time. He takes my handfuls of pills because of his kidney. You know, he had a kidney donation. And so he's out today. Unfortunately, hopefully he's here tomorrow. We'll see, because I want to do foody Friday tomorrow. All right, I think that we're done with all the business that's fit to print.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. It's handle on the.
Speaker 1: News with Amy and me O'Neil lead story. Another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here was a weird one.
Speaker 1: You got this guy, Brian Thompson, who's CEO of United.
Speaker 2: Healthcare, I mean big time.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, he's walking into a hotel room in New York and Manhattan. He's at the annual conference, the annual investor conference. Some guy comes up to him behind him, gun with a silencer and just unloads, shooting in the head, and down he went.
Speaker 2: He was killed instantly.
Speaker 1: Now, usually there's enough crime out there, but this one, and murders happen every day. But the CEO United Healthcare, I have a question. You think he was covered insurance wise?
Speaker 2: Okay? My guess is yes, although I think that's a good bet.
Speaker 3: Okay, the razor thin edge just got even thinner. Democrats have flipped the final seat in California in which the race was still undecided. Democrat Adam Gray has beat Republican Representative John Dwarte in a rematch for California's thirteen district seat in the Central Valley. That means that Republicans will have two hundred and twenty seats in the next House and the Democrats will have two hundred and fifteen. Oh and by the way, Gray beat Dwarty by less than two hundred votes out of like hundreds of thousands cast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that becomes a little problematic.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to show you when they say every vote counts in certain races.
Speaker 2: That's true. The two twenty to two fifteen.
Speaker 1: The difference between the two the majority the publics and half five is ties for the smallest margin in the history of the United States by any Congress. And it's going to be really interesting for Mike Johnson, the Speaker, to navigate that one as a majority as Speaker of the House. I can't wait. He cannot have what he can't have. I think three Republicans go to the other side or vote no, and he's lost the bill.
Speaker 3: And does that count the ones who are leaving the House.
Speaker 1: Well, they're still leaving. Yes, well, they're leaving the House. I think it's no, it will be too twenty to two fifteen.
Speaker 2: OK.
Speaker 1: Right now it's a little bit bigger. Right now there's only there's a six or seven.
Speaker 3: Congress majority as Stephonic is leaving in walls is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's how that certainly doesn't help these guys.
Speaker 1: And this is a question some Republicans are not very happy with, is that President Elect Trump has chosen two Republican Congress people to be cabinet or high end level officials in the US government, which means they're not Congress people.
Speaker 2: For example, Matt Gates, who was supposed.
Speaker 3: To be Attorney General.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's gone, and he's resigned a seat.
Speaker 1: He's out of politics, although he'll probably get some senior level position in the Trump administration that doesn't need confirmation, and there are plenty of those. Or he's going to join the Republican media crowd and he'll be on the speaker circuit and he'll do just fine.
Speaker 3: The Speaker of the House has spoken, and the word is no. House Speaker Mike Johnson has rejected requests from the White House to pass twenty four billion dollars in additional aid for Ukraine by the end of the year. Johnson says that any further assistant for Kiev will be decided by President elect Trump when he takes office in January.
Speaker 2: Which makes sense.
Speaker 1: You've got a new president coming in in less than two months, and this is a Mazier presidential choice, major policy issue, and it just makes a lot of sense. Now, what's already been okayed and voted, and there's still several billion dollars left to distribute to Ukraine go ahead. That can't be stopped or shouldn't be stopped because Congress voted that in.
Speaker 2: But new funding, uh huh. I completely agree with Johnson.
Speaker 1: We have a new president and it's going to be up to that new president to decide whether cuts are are going to be made. I think there are Whether the United States is going to leave Ukraine completely helping Ukraine, I don't think that's going to happen, and I think it's just going to be a low level of support.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Handle here.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, on a Thursday morning, December fifth. You know, I always complain, and I'll tell you about this. I'm always complaining that I lose the stories.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I get these stories, I mark them up, I look and then I talk about them. And so I have these stacks of stories and they're lined up, you know, seven am story, seven thirty eight, twenty story, that sort of thing, and I mark them and I make notes on them. And so I'm looking at them and they've disappeared. And I always complain about that they've disappeared, and just witnessed it. I have not gotten up from my chair, I have. They have disappeared.
Speaker 2: You literally haven't moved from that seat, that is correct.
Speaker 1: I have to do a stack of papers, and I have short sleeves on, so it's not nothing up my sleeve kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've just disappeared. I always thought you were crazy. Okay, you saw it, I did.
Speaker 1: You just saw it happened, Okay, okay, so I have to do them again.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just so bizarre.
Speaker 3: Did you look in the garbage I did?
Speaker 1: Here? It is, here's the trash right here. What do I have in the trash, all right. I have my Zelman's commercial. I have my Life Source Water commercial. I have a baggie that I brought a sandwich in. I have a rundown that we've changed. And that's it, all right. I know it's just weird. And I don't believe in ghosts or poltergeist or any of that, or mediums or even well done.
Speaker 2: I just don't buy that.
Speaker 3: Are they on that stand right there.
Speaker 2: These stands in front of me.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I've got a handle on the news. I've got the rundown, Thursday's Rundown hour one hour two and that's it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it, just crazy, Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 1: More handle on the news. Wow, and scrambling to find my.
Speaker 3: She's running around.
Speaker 1: I know she just understand it, completely perplexed, you know, like Scooby Doo.
Speaker 2: She does get it. All right, Let's move on. More handle on the news. Amy and Me.
Speaker 3: Got a big bitcoin bump. Bitcoin hit one hundred thousand dollars for the first time yesterday. It comes after President elect Trump unveiled his administration picks that are seen as holding keys to ushering in more crypto friendly policies. Once he gets into office. Mainly, the big pick yesterday was Paul Atkins. Trump intends to nominate him to lead the Securities and Exchange Commission, which regulates cryptocurrency. And Atkins is a crypto advocate, a former SEC commissioner. He's expected to regulate cryptocurrency with a lighter touch than the former gentleman Gary Gensler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Trump has become a fan of crypto on a political level. Why because his son Baron, who happens to be really smart, gave him. That gave Trump some very good political advice. And that is go after the young males. And that's a democratic that yeah, young white males, I might add, And part of it is crypto. They buy a lot of crypto. So he came out switch gears in favor of crypto in a big way. And anything that Trump says is a go with a lot of members of society in a big way. Trump supporters, that I said, are far more engaged than I've ever seen any political group of people get. So, you know that old saying that when the president sneezes, the.
Speaker 2: Whole world gets a cold.
Speaker 1: When President elect Trump sneezes, the whole world dies.
Speaker 2: Because he has that kind of influence.
Speaker 3: I hope that that's not true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I believe that certainly as a president elect. I have never seen any president elect have this much power. He has more power than Joe Biden does now and he has not been sworn in. I mean there is Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Is he still an Angola?
Speaker 2: I don't even you know, I don't even know where he is.
Speaker 3: Well, he's been in Africa this week and all.
Speaker 2: I mean, here's the here's the point.
Speaker 1: I keep up with the news more than most because I have to, and I keep up with what's happening with President elect Trump every day because I now, you know, I'm looking at what the future is going to bring for the next four years. I don't know where Joe Biden is. I have no ideaah uh go figure, this.
Speaker 3: Is just awful. Two kids are clinging for life. There's been a school shooting in Oroville, which is about an hour north of Sacramento. The two kids are boys, ages five and six. Someone showed up and started firing at the Feather River Adventist School in Oroville yesterday and then the guy killed himself. The kids are in extremely critical condition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great. He don't you wish he had killed himself first? Yeah, it's another school shooter. Wait, we haven't had one of those stories in a while, have we.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's okay, Yeah, no kidding, that's okay, that's great news.
Speaker 3: Tennessee's ban may stand. The Supreme Court has listened to arguments about whether Tennessee's ban on miners using hormones and puberty blockers to do gender transitions will stand. And we're not going to get the official ruling for months, but court watchers are saying it appears that the Supreme Court will uphold the band. A majority of the conservative justices yesterday expressed concern about intervening in a national debate over whether transgender young people should have access to surgeries and treatments.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, not much as say, other than it's going to happen conservative court, you know, welcome to the world. We've a half thirty five years of a conservative court. Okay.
Speaker 3: So this story just keeps getting weirder. Hannah's family is speaking out. So, Hannah Kobayashi is the woman from Hawaii who was supposed to be going to New York. She had a layover or a stopover at lax back on November eighth. She never caught her connecting flight. She hasn't been seen since like the eleventh, except that LAPD is saying, oh, we saw her. She took her luggage and went across the border to Mexico. And now there are reports that she may have disappeared because she may have been in a secret marriage, and.
Speaker 1: Her family is not confirming denying. They're just saying we're not confirming, denying, and all the information we have we've turned over to the authorities. This story is getting really bizarre.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Amnesty internationals is Israel is committing genocide. They came out and said that they had gathered sufficient evidence to believe Israel's conduct during the war in Gaza amounts to genocide against the Palestinian people. They filed a nearly three hundred page report detailing evidence they've been gathering over the last nine months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a big report.
Speaker 1: A lot of people interviewed Amnesty International. It might be pro Palestinian, but I don't think it makes up facts. And they're accusing the initial Israel of straight out genocide and violations and the View and Genocide Convention. Mass killings civilians bodily or mental harm is given deliberately inflicting conditions of life calculated to bring about their physical destruction and whole or in part. Now, I don't believe that they are trying to do that. I don't believe they're targeting Palestinian civilians. I think they're going after Hamas and if Palestinian civilians get in the way, too bad, that is what I believe. That they're not going out of their way. They are stopping aid from coming in.
Speaker 2: That I believe.
Speaker 1: I believe that is a war crime, specifically stopping humanitarian aid and causing or allowing starvation to happen. That I believe. But the word genocide I think is overused because genocide is what the Nazis did, Genocide is what the Turks did in Armenia. And as for the purpose of wiping out a people, that is not happening.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're done at least the segment.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM.
Speaker 2: Six forty elmer.
Speaker 1: How does that song connect to the story. I don't quite get it. Maybe I'm missing something, Oh it didn't, Okay, just usually the music coming in connects to the story. This one is just Billy Joel singing piano. Man rich Is you know, it's a great story about Billy Joel. He wrote about the time he was a one of those lounge lizard pianists and I think in a bar here in North Hollywood, if I'm not mistaken, and he started he was one of those guys and he would write music and in the song said he's one of the customers, go what are you doing here?
Speaker 4: Was he too good?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That was it? Yeah, and he became Billy Joel.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't that be the coolest thing if you walked into just a little lounge and all of a sudden you hear somebody like that playing. I mean, there's good pianists at those little bars and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are, but Billy Joel. But before you knew who Billy Joel was at the true door.
Speaker 1: When Elton John first came out at the Troubadoor, you know, you could just walk in in his first concert, came from England and he blew everybody away. There was a lot of buzz about him. John Lennon was in the audience, I mean there was It was kind of interesting.
Speaker 3: I think those days are kind of gone, yeah, yeah, no kidding, too bad.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on more handle in the news with Amy and me. Neil is not here today.
Speaker 3: Well, Conan has a new leash on life. A judge in Burbank has ruled that a dog who bit a neighbor will not be euthanized and will be returned to its owners with some conditions. So back in July, Conan, who's an eight year old pitbull lab mix, apparently bit a neighbor. The owners had said that the neighbor was provoking him. The judge said now that what happened, the city ordered him euthanized. The owners challenged it, and the judge ruled yesterday that Conan is vicious, but says the city has not established a preponderance of evidence showing that Conan is a significant threat to public health. So he can go back to his owners, but there are conditions, like he has to wear a muzzle and a leash when he's out on walks.
Speaker 2: All right, So here's a takeaway.
Speaker 1: If you happen to own a pit bull and you happen to be here in Burbank and it eats a neighbor, and you asked the city to euthanize the dog.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope, no, ig're not going to do it.
Speaker 1: That's kind of interesting. You ever euthanized the dog or sent one to like, Yeah, they're just dangerous you call you know dogs or you know they're dangerous or they can be.
Speaker 3: There seems to be more to this story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I just told you I just put a dog down, you know, my little Gucci a couple of days ago, and it was it was tough.
Speaker 3: It's awful. I don't think it's you had somebody come out to.
Speaker 2: The house and yeah, I had a vet come out to the house. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's this nice one. They get used the nice by the city.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Heads are rolling. In South Korea, President Yun suck yule announced that he has accepted the resignation of his defense minister, which is the first member of his cabinet to lose his job since the president declared martial law that lasted I don't know about four hours. The defense minister said he considered himself to be responsible for the crisis that the martial law decree had created for mister Yun's government.
Speaker 2: Well we talked about that.
Speaker 1: That martial law lasted what six hours, and he's going to be impeached and he is going to lose his job.
Speaker 2: By the way, Yun suck Yule. Is that two people?
Speaker 3: No, that's one.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let's go ahead and take a break. Okay, all right, welcome back.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: All right, handle here and we finish shop Handle on the news on this Thursday morning, December the fifth, Amy O'Neil, he's out today, a little under the weather and me.
Speaker 3: Hot Santa has the ladies swooning' So Target has new ads out in which they have what they're calling a weirdly hot Santa Claus. His name is Chris K. He's Target's newest team member. He's in the holiday ads. Apparently he loves the holidays way more than the next guy. There's a few different ads, and of course they're going viral. They're saying that Chris K looks vaguely like the jolly old Elf, but in a more rugged, more muscular way.
Speaker 2: All have you seen I have not.
Speaker 3: I've just seen pictures of him because they just googled. I hadn't seen him until we were going to talk about this. But there's a fifteen second ad that's been it's gone viral, it'sewed more than seven million times.
Speaker 2: I've seen them. What do you think, big big fruit package.
Speaker 3: I don't think they should have been package.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's a little chunky. Okay, he looks like like a man's man. Well, there you are.
Speaker 3: France's epic fail. The French government has collapsed after Prime Minister Michel Barnier was ousted in a no confidence vote that came just three months after he was appointed by President Emanuel Macron and marks the first time the country's government has collapsed in a no confidence vote since nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, I mean in France, it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: In nineteen sixty eight, for example, the students overturned the entire government.
Speaker 3: How does that happen?
Speaker 1: Because you get it's a parliamentary system and you can call for no infinite vote, they can call for snap elections where a prime minister. The term is four years for a PM, I think four or five years. But let's say the prime minister has a particularly good rating in a falling. Let's say the demographics are changing and all of a sudden you have the prime minister, which is the one with real power. In France certainly not well, the president has the real power in France, and they're in parliamentary systems.
Speaker 2: You have the head of state.
Speaker 1: I can if the voting, they know that the votes in their favorite call a snap election.
Speaker 2: We want a new election right now. England does that all the time.
Speaker 3: How do they get an election together? So quickly they do?
Speaker 2: They get an election very quickly. That's what they do. They're used to it, you.
Speaker 1: Know, campaigning in England, campaigning in England in six weeks.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't that be nice if that was here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's what they That's what they do, and it's really weird. Even the Prime minister is simply a member of Parliament in England, for example, and every term, a couple of year terms, the prime Minister has to be elected to its members like a councilperson has to be elected and goes up on stage. I remember pictures of Margaret Thatcher going up on stage running again for her position as a member of parliament.
Speaker 2: Straight out member of Parliament and.
Speaker 1: Then the leader is voted by the members of parliament and she's up there arguing why she should be elected.
Speaker 2: And anybody can run.
Speaker 1: You'll see one picture where someone dresses Abraham Lincoln was up there. There was someone in a tin hat that was running, you know, like crazy people that run. But the difference is they're up there on stage running against the real candidates.
Speaker 2: It's wild. The system anyway, France has fallen apart.
Speaker 3: Well, what happens when the French government They say it collapses, but I mean, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Means that there has to be a new vote taken the government. The current government becomes a caretaker government and elections have to once again be organized yet and the same people will not be voted in because they were just voted out.
Speaker 2: It be fun to watch, Oh yeah, no, it's great fun.
Speaker 3: Right. It's toxic and it's everywhere. It's formaldehyde. A new analysis by pro Publica found that formaldehyde exposes everyone to elevated risk of developing cancer no matter where you live, including in your home. So formaldehyde, of course, it is used to preserve bodies and funeral homes.
Speaker 1: We all know that, yeah, and it causes a lot of damage to those bodies. You know that that's very dangerous to those bodies. It doesn't really matter, it's a health issue. Yeah, But it also binds particle boards and furniture. It's a building block in plastic.
Speaker 3: It's virtually everywhere, and nobody seems to be doing anything about it.
Speaker 1: Do you really it's crazy because it's so important to building. Do you remember Hurricane Katrina. FEMA bought thousands of these trailers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the little white trailers right.
Speaker 1: That were manufactured with plywood brought in from China, and it turned out that that plywood exceeded by a long shot the federal guidelines for formaldehyde, which is very high, very high, and the trailers couldn't be used. Thousands of them were empty formaldehyde. It's good, it's.
Speaker 3: Just not good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's correct. Okay.
Speaker 3: Zep Bound is way better than wagovy. Eli Lilly, the maker of zep Bound, did a study did a head to head comparison of the two GLP one drugs, and it says its study shows that zep bound people lost forty seven percent more weight on average than those taking wagov, which is made by Novo Nordisk. So if you want to lose weight. According to the maker of zep bond, their product is the one to take.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you have to take this with a little bit of grain of salt. Here. It's the company that produces it.
Speaker 1: They produced the data and these are clinical trial data.
Speaker 2: Clinical trials, not out there, and so.
Speaker 1: Okay, there may be some validity, but you have to know where it comes from for sure.
Speaker 2: We're done, guys. That's it for the news.
Speaker 1: Coming up, California bans the sell buy date on food. Neil and I have talked about this very often, but there is a change of coming and it is really helpful. This is where government comes in and I think does a good job. KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.