Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio on app.
Speaker 2: We're live the White House Restaurant in Anaheim for our fourteenth annual KFI Pastathon. We're just out there taking a picture with the guys from Thorson with a pickup truck full of pasta and sauce.
Speaker 1: This is a frank is beautif.
Speaker 3: The new electric go GFC.
Speaker 2: This is a great place to drop off the posta and sauce donations if you have them and you're down here in the Orange County area, make a side trip over here to the White House Restaurant on South Anaheim Boulevard. We'll be out here until ten o'clock.
Speaker 3: You can. If you have pasta sauce to drop off, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: If you want to just drive by and drop off a quick donation, that's also great.
Speaker 3: We were out there.
Speaker 1: If somebody dropped it, chapped off a check, he said, Is this where we give so nice?
Speaker 3: I'm giving too nice to hear that.
Speaker 2: You can give online of course at KFI AM six forty dot com slash Pastathon. You can give at Wild Fork foods the four different locations in Huntington Beach, Coast of May, Submission Viejo or.
Speaker 3: Lagun and Miguel.
Speaker 2: Do your regular shopping there and tell them today that give to the KFI Pastathon. And fifteen percent of that total is donated to the pastathon.
Speaker 1: That man name's John Well. Stop it right there. His name's John Hell. Of a check on thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Wow, thank you John.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's incredible.
Speaker 4: That's not for me.
Speaker 1: His name is John Hellovicheck.
Speaker 3: Yes, John Hell. He's a Polish basketball player.
Speaker 4: That's very funny.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Shop at any Smart and Final store. You can donate any amount at the Smart and Final stores at checkout through Sunday. You can also go to any Wendy's restaurant in southern California donate five dollars in morning, get a coupon book for Wendy's goodies through Sunday.
Speaker 3: Also here on site.
Speaker 2: If you're in the room here you can see this this big beautiful guitar Erica Records in Buena Park at Erica Records on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Brought some things to us today and this is one of them.
Speaker 2: An ac DC back in black signed guitar in the shadow.
Speaker 1: Did they donate that before a CDC announced they were going on tour?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty big get.
Speaker 3: That is massive point.
Speaker 2: There is a full certificate of authenticity. What she donated it?
Speaker 3: Didn't she?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: God donated it? Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Very cool.
Speaker 3: We are here's the thing. The certificate comes with it.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Do you have a history and rock and roll?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, everybody has some history.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: If you donate today, if you come here to the Anaheim Whitehouse Restaurant and donate five thousand dollars, that is yours, and that is worth a whole lot more than five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Is just the first five thousand dollars person?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, absolutely, I mean there's gonna be multiples, but yes, the first one to come and get it quick. You can also bid on it online, but if you come here right now, it's sort of the body now version of an online auctions.
Speaker 1: Pretty badass.
Speaker 2: Go to Erica Records dot com to find out more about to the Great Music and Paraphernalia, et cetera. In Buyenna Park at Erica Records with a K on Instagram.
Speaker 1: What's what's the story behind all these twinkies? You have four boxes of twinkies. I feel like a little.
Speaker 3: Our friend gave him to us again.
Speaker 2: He brought ding dongs for He brought ding dongs for Conway, so he can't give us ding dongs.
Speaker 3: They're saved for Conway.
Speaker 1: Why are you giving awarding them? And I'm sharing them with people? You're gonna eat all.
Speaker 3: Those No, I'm not gonna eat any of them.
Speaker 4: Would anybody like a twinkie?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Open them up? Tossing those things around.
Speaker 4: I'm going to toss them around.
Speaker 1: That's what twinkies are for.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: I have an update on South Korea for everybody who's paying attention to see which which side's going to win on this. So I told you that South Korea's president Yunsok yule declared an emergency martial law because he was afraid that communists and North Korean sympathizers were going to take over parliament.
Speaker 1: I thought it was his own party that was closing in on him.
Speaker 2: Well here's the thing now, he says, I declare martial law in order to eradicate the shameless pro North Korea anti state forces. A few hours after that, the National Assembly. Their legislature said he's cuckoo pants. Said he's cuckoo pants, right, even though that's not how you pronounce his name. They said they want an immediate lift of the immediate emergency martial law.
Speaker 1: Crazy and he was barring his own people from coming back to the parliament. It was a total mess.
Speaker 2: So under the South Korean constitution, martial law must be lifted. But we don't know what he's going to do because it's the middle of the night in South Korea, so we'll keep an eye on that.
Speaker 4: Oh it's a twinkie.
Speaker 2: I also have some good news. Are ten o'clock totals already at ten o'clock this morning. Thanks to your generosity, Kfi's Pastathon has raised for Katerina's Club one hundred and forty three thousand.
Speaker 3: Six Wow.
Speaker 6: That's a that's a big jump from nine and just shy of six thousand, nine hundred pounds of pasta and sauce.
Speaker 2: That is is well over three tons of pasta and sauce that have already been raised as the result of your generosity on this Giving Tuesday.
Speaker 1: I know we were just running out of time, but briefly I wanted to bring this to your attention, because I know that you've had bats in your house, Yes, multiple couple times. A few times. A bat has flown into a woman's classroom in Fresno. An art teacher at a middle school bitten her and she has died. It was a rabid bat, So you need to be careful. I don't fly into your house. I got a set the screen for the door so they don't come in.
Speaker 4: How many years were you in that house with no screen on that door?
Speaker 1: Six five five?
Speaker 2: So I only had two bats that came in that I don't have bats the first bat, and the bat.
Speaker 3: Never bit me, I don't think.
Speaker 1: So you could have rav's right now.
Speaker 3: I could.
Speaker 2: I probably would have felt the effects of it long before that, following at the mouth something like that. All right, we're gonna be out here today, live until one o'clock for our show.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just have common signs that an animal has rabies, okay, a bat that can't fly all right, a wild animal that seems unusually tame okay. These are all scary signs because they seem so passive.
Speaker 3: Right, animals are so cute? Yeah, No, an animal.
Speaker 1: Out during the day that's usually active only at night, a pet that has trouble walking, that's so pet cemetery, right. Just don't touch the wild animals.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's a good, good, helpful hint. Today on Giving Tuesday, don't help the crippled animals.
Speaker 1: Are at Anaheim White House Restaurant for our annual pastathon. This is all about feeding hungry kids in southern California. Of course, because of Katerina's Club and your generosity, Chef Bruno is able to provide more than twenty five thousand meals every week to kids in needs. So this is a big day for the entire year. If you can come by, donate pasta, sauce, money, whatever. We've got auction items on the website KFI AM six forty dot com slash Pastathon. You can check those out. Our auction item is going to the Dodger game and the suite all the Dodger dogs you can eat. You've put down three or four sometimes yeah before the third inning, and then you leave with a Dodger dog sticking.
Speaker 3: Out of your pocket, one in each back pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah good.
Speaker 3: Look, Well I.
Speaker 2: Figured you know, if I need to bribe my way to get out quicker, I can offer them a semi warm Dodger dog that's been in my back pocket. There are a couple of stories that are going on that we're keeping our eyes on. In Manhattan, for example, a jury is to set to decide whether Daniel Penny, the guy who choked a homeless man in a subway car last year, would be guilty of manslaughter. The prosecutors are finishing their closing arguments today. When we get into swamp Watch, just a shortened version of swamp Watch. Next hour, we'll talk about President elect Trump's demand that hostages be released before his inauguration or there will be hell to pay. That was the comment that came in. And then in La County we get a new DA today. Thank the Lord Jesus, Nathan Hofkman is going to be sworn in this morning on the front steps of the Hall of Justice. And not that we have to point this out, but he stomped George gascon uh sixty.
Speaker 1: Turns out law and order is essential for a civilized society.
Speaker 2: Well, let's not get crazy about civilized society.
Speaker 1: The criminals, you know, they keep doing the criminal stuff if you don't do anything other than kiss them and tickle them and take their picture.
Speaker 2: One of the ways that you can help out today at our postathon is you go into a wild Fork Foods location in Costa Mesa, Mission Viejo, Laguna de gall Or huntingson Beach, do your regular shopping.
Speaker 3: Say KFI postathon.
Speaker 2: At checkout, fifteen percent of your total is going to be donated to the postathon. You can plan your meal when you go to Wildforkfoods dot com and by the way.
Speaker 1: High highest quality meat and seafood at crazy low prices.
Speaker 2: Game poultry, veal, rabbit, goat bison, elm venison, alligator, ostrich and then all of your normals, the lambs and the beefs and the chickens and turkeys and things like that.
Speaker 1: Patrick Shinagawa has the best job in the world manager.
Speaker 5: It's fun because there's over seven hundred different products and wow, we can cram it into a small place because it's all frozen, right. And this is even better because people can come and shop and fifteen percent of the sales go to the pastaton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really incredible. So explain who's your regular customer. People that come in and they're gonna they're gonna store their meat for a while. They want to eat it fresh?
Speaker 5: What's we have foodies, we have grill enthusiasts, families, budget shoppers. Everybody comes, well, people that know about us.
Speaker 3: Trying to get it out there.
Speaker 4: What is your favorite meat?
Speaker 1: Patrick? I ask everyone this.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, she just to be clear, she's gonna judge you on your answer.
Speaker 1: It in a deli for about six years, so meats are near and dear to my heart.
Speaker 5: Well, my favorite beef would have to be a hangar steak, and then the flat iron is a close second.
Speaker 3: It's delicious, yes, Now how when you cook it? When you do it, do.
Speaker 2: You do you mess it up with a bunch of extra stuff or you just the salt and pepper guy.
Speaker 5: And it depends on the mood.
Speaker 3: Okay, I do both, Yeah for sure. Because it's versatile, you you could.
Speaker 5: Have it any way you want.
Speaker 1: It's like butter.
Speaker 3: You can just eat it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's good cold, sometimes it's good warm.
Speaker 2: Just stab it with a fork and just gnaw on it like it's a popsicle.
Speaker 1: Right, have you had the alligator?
Speaker 7: I have?
Speaker 5: And you know, if you want something breaded and fried and delicious, that's what you should.
Speaker 2: The two magic words breaded and fried. You guys havemultiple locations and I we just drove My wife and I just drove by one last night way up in North La County, so we were excited about the idea. We haven't been in there yet. When someone goes in there for the first time, what do you think they should should ask?
Speaker 3: They should look for? What's your what's your suggestion?
Speaker 5: I think that people should just take their time and look around, because over seven hundred products, if you go too fast and just zero in on what you want, you might miss something that you didn't know that you wanted.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then you guys also have some of the quick and easy options, which are the appetizers, some of these ready meals and things like that.
Speaker 5: Sure, all kinds of convenience meals from chicken pop pie to a frozen pizza, pastas, dessert spreads.
Speaker 1: So something for everybody. Everyone's going to be fine. What they're looking for.
Speaker 3: Where do you source all this? All the meat from animals?
Speaker 2: Well, that's probably a good good play. No lab grown anything in there. That's not where we're looking.
Speaker 7: Me.
Speaker 1: I get overwhelmed the places like that. I was in Bishop Mahogany Smoked Meats is the place and I walk in and I was just I was overwhelmed with all the different meat. And do you have people that walk in and they're just like, oh my gosh, I've reached the mecca.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, we don't want that to happen. So just ask for any of us and we'll we'll give you a personal tour.
Speaker 2: And then if somebody comes up with a slab of meat that they've never had before, whether it's a venison or alligator like we were talking about, or even rabbit, and you guys have tips and tricks on how to cook it perfectly correct.
Speaker 5: Yes, all of our associates are fully trained. They know all about the meats.
Speaker 1: This website is incredible.
Speaker 3: The website is incredibly well done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wildforkfoods dot com is where you find it all the different locations as well. And Patrick, you're the manager at the at the Wildfork Foods in Huntington Conington Beach. People come in and say hi to you location.
Speaker 5: We're on the corner of Brockhurston Adams.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I know right where that is.
Speaker 2: And again you go to to the Wildfork Foods locations either Patrick's location in Huntingson Beach, Coasta Mesa Mission Viejo or Laguna and Aguel do your chunk roast?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Do you do your regular shopping and then at checkout you tell them to that you're there for the KFI Pastathon and at fifteen percent of your total.
Speaker 3: Is going to be donated to the KFI posta.
Speaker 1: Don't sleep on the cream and cheese, potato.
Speaker 3: Grotten delicious, Oh my goodness, some magic words.
Speaker 2: There's some great bread products the bakery too, bread products. Thanks Patrick for coming by my pleasure. Thank you for being the partners with us in all of this.
Speaker 7: You bet.
Speaker 5: I hope we can keep this going.
Speaker 3: Manager Wildfort Foods in Huntingson Beach.
Speaker 1: Who wants a tinkie?
Speaker 3: We have a lot, have a lot of twinkies? So you better that? All right? You get more? Were you getting better at this?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Thanks?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Can you hit Carl in the forehead?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Line drive on?
Speaker 1: Then let me try again? Oh no, I was stopped over the tree.
Speaker 2: Make sure you go to campiam six forty dot com slash pastathon and donate to this year's pastathon. You can also come on out to the White House Restaurant here and drop off your pasta and sauce donations or check or cash or.
Speaker 3: Whatever you would like. We'll be here all day until ten o'clock tonight. As a matter of fact.
Speaker 1: We have an auction item up there to go to the game with us. You're the world champion, World Series champion. Yeah, Los Angeles Dodgers. You'll sit in the suite. It'll be fun. That's only eighteen hundred dollars right now, that's a steal because you put on a show. Every time we've gone to that suite, you have put on a show.
Speaker 4: I thank you for give a man.
Speaker 1: A couple of free Dodger dogs and he gets crazy.
Speaker 3: It is it is. It is a scene. It is a it is a scene something. But we've never been kicked out. Maybe that's what we try for this year.
Speaker 4: There there was a questionable time.
Speaker 2: We didn't get kicked out. We got escorted. I mean that was and that was very different. It was very amiable at that point.
Speaker 1: It was kind of like when we got escorted out of the casino in Cleveland because Ray Lowez kicked the penny slot machine the good old days. John co hosting with John. That's up to four thousand dollars, four thousand and one. What now, what happens if it's like a crazy person, you know what I mean? And then John's there for three hours trapped in this padded room.
Speaker 3: No, I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: I think they kind of cancel each other out at that point. That's the two kinds of crazy. They can't bat Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I forgot forgot who we're dealing with, Ted Barnes, Tom George from Thorst and Buick GMC, always great partners. This is where the Kfi family goes to buy vehicles because they make us great deals. It's where I bought my truck. Best experience I've ever had. In fact, I put off buying a vehicle for a long time because I was dreading going to a dealership, and these guys made all of that go away. Just a real family atmosphere there at Thorston BOGMC. It's right off the two ten there in Pasadena, and they've all not only partnered up with us to give you guys all a great deal, but they have become major partners with the pastathon and this year you can see the beautiful electric GMC truck. I don't know anything more about it than that, but it is gorgeous. Instead of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Sierra right, grab that, hit that little white button and make it red. Oh yeah, there you go, you go.
Speaker 8: Came out in twenty twenty four. This is a new twenty twenty five. It's got like four hundred miles of range. It's it's the nicest car I've ever driven, for sure. Everybody I talked to you says it's it's really it's incredible.
Speaker 1: It's luxury. It's just complete luxury in there.
Speaker 2: You guys have been a drop off location for us this year, which has been great. And the back of that truck is full of pasta and sauce, So thank you all for that.
Speaker 3: When you I mean as a business.
Speaker 2: Outside of car dealership, outside of GMC specifically, but when you guys get involved in situations like this, charitable events like this, how do you make the decision about which ones they get involved with?
Speaker 7: Great question. I've been listening to KFI for years and obviously listened to the show, and then I met Shannon when you bought the car from us, and you know, you got to get involved with something, and I just thought, what better way than to partner up with KFI and something I like to listen to and I guess that's how I made the decisions.
Speaker 3: Well, we greatly appreciated that.
Speaker 1: It feels good too. I mean I was talking, we were talking to Smart and Final earlier, Tina, and it's a great business model to get involved with charity, you know. It just the overall feel probably in the showroom there, with people dropping stuff off and with staff and everything. It's just it feels good, especially around the holidays, especially.
Speaker 7: Around the holidays, and the employees got involved, so and they're bringing stuff and so it was it's just really cool.
Speaker 1: That's very cool. You shall have a competition next year to see, yeah, to see who brings them the most. I love a competition, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys, I mean, you guys have been great partners of the show as well. Tell us about what it is that's different about Thorson in terms of the there's dealerships.
Speaker 3: On every corner. But why why would people go to Thorston as supposed to other places.
Speaker 7: Well, we're still family owned. What's my business now? But been there for thirty four years so just a little while. Got employees have been there even before we bought the store, over forty years. Wow, So I got a handful of employees that have been there for well over twenty five so it just it's a nice family asphere, and that's one of the reasons people like to work there too, is that just they feel like family and not just a number and part of the corporate you know, corporate scene or anything. So you know they can come in go see the boss anytime and went on there.
Speaker 2: What they call you on your cell phone when you're not prom is that there's always that.
Speaker 1: Anything you want to tell us about new vehicles, new stock, get out the twenty twenty four still or what's the deal?
Speaker 4: I don't even know how to speak car.
Speaker 1: So I'm just stumbling over every you have.
Speaker 3: Any ones with four wheels now or most four? That's so cool.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're at the end of the year, so the deals are as good as they've been all year. And uh, we're making deals. We got a lot of inventory. During COVID, a lot of the inventory was gone, so it's all back. We've got EV's gas.
Speaker 1: How mean does Tom get if you're not moving these vehicles?
Speaker 3: How many mean? How many?
Speaker 1: Yell a lot?
Speaker 3: We send them home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny because his wife sent him out of the house this morning, right, and if you send it back, it's like a fight between you and the wife.
Speaker 3: Right, that's it.
Speaker 2: The freeway wins, exactly, the freeway. Well, you can come on out and check out that twenty twenty five gmcc Era EV that's out there. It's really a beautiful vehicle and it's full again, like we said, a pasta and sauce that you guys brought, So thank you for that pleasure.
Speaker 3: And what's that? Oh, that's right, I picked a.
Speaker 4: This is explain what the bike is so I can not selling.
Speaker 8: So the bike is by a company called Recon. They have a hummer all will drive e bike. It's got a motor on each hub. It'll go anywhere. It's like thirty miles of range.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a good looking bike.
Speaker 1: Too, for it really is. It's very badass. I stirred. Do you want to pick? I don't want to get in trouble by not picking someone.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't be the first time.
Speaker 2: I live in uh Ronaldo the Negro it looks like from Covina, is that right? Yes? So congratulations, you're gonna pick up that hummer eb all. We'll drive super e bikes.
Speaker 3: Nice. So we've got his name there.
Speaker 1: The penmanship looks like he's gonna tear up that e bike.
Speaker 3: Some strong put it to its test.
Speaker 2: Ted and Tom once again from Thorston, jmc over and fascinated. Thanks you guys for thanks for your generosity.
Speaker 3: We appreciate it. Thanks much.
Speaker 2: Carrie Shannon will continue live today at the Anaheim White House Restaurant our fourteenth Annual Pastathon Live today at the fourteenth Annual KFI Pastathon at the Anaheim White House Restaurant, of course benefiting Katarina's Club, feeding thousands of kids every day.
Speaker 3: Your generosity is what makes it happen.
Speaker 2: So we'll be out here until ten o'clock tonight doing all of the shows live from the restaurant.
Speaker 3: Today. We'll be out until, like I said, ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: You can come on by drop off your posta sauce donations, cash or check donations.
Speaker 3: Just drop them out of your driver's side window or pastors. I don't care what.
Speaker 1: And we're having a good time, so maybe park and stay awhile we're meeting new friends, our old friends are here.
Speaker 4: It's always a good time.
Speaker 2: We also want to thank our friends at the Hilton Anaheim. The accommodations for a bunch of our crew here have been provided by the Hilton Anaheim, which is a four star hotel newly renovated rooms that look spectacular views of the Disneyland fireworks.
Speaker 3: I thought the window was going to break out last night. Really fireworks started going.
Speaker 2: A perfect location for your next staycation, especially if you're in southern California to Hilton Anaheim Hotel dot com.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 2: Shout out Anthony from Custom Power who came by and dropped off a whole truckload of pasta and sauce.
Speaker 1: He heard you yesterday. Anthony heard you because you said back the truck up.
Speaker 2: I did, yeah, and there are plenty of trucks out there. A reminder, by the way, that one hundred percent of your donations goes to Katerina's Club, whether it's here in person, whether you do it online, whether you do it at one of the Wildfork Food locations in Huntington, Costa Mesa, Mission Viejo, or Laguneatiguel any smart and final story. You can donate any amount at checkout through Sunday, and that donation goes to Katerina's Club and any Wendy's restaurant in southern California. When you donate five dollars and more, you're going to get a coupon book for Wendy's Goodies that values about fifteen bucks, and that's good through Sunday.
Speaker 3: The donation is good through Sunday as well.
Speaker 1: We are following stories for you as well from the Anaheim White House. Joe Biden duck in questions today on his decision to pardon his son. He's in Africa and as a reporter were shouting questions to him, he said, welcome to America. Not a joke.
Speaker 3: Did you feel it?
Speaker 2: Did you feel the well, there was an earthquake this morning. Sorry, there was an earthquake last night.
Speaker 4: I didn't feel it.
Speaker 2: It was I was up north. It was in Piru or something like that. My wife didn't even feel it, and she was she was a lot closer than you were. But there was also an asteroid that blew by the earth at about eleven fifteen this morning, I think it was or eight fifteen, sorry, eight fifteen.
Speaker 1: So I'm in Atlanta on Sunday night and my phone for some reason left it on a ring and it's three in the morning, and my phone pings and I look at it and it was Conway. I'm like, what the what because it's three am, obviously it was only midnight here, and what did he say? Something like that, if you're still awake, there's a rocket that's gonna go by.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 2: He's the greatest keeper of rocket launch information I've ever met. And police police chases. Those are his two sweet spots.
Speaker 1: But all hours of the day he'll be like, space station's going by. I'm like, bro, it's it's midnight. I love that for you.
Speaker 3: Or in your case, you're three time zones away. I have a good Uh, well, that's not a good story. That's not a good story. You want a bad story.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: Hunt underway in Kern County for Caesar Hernandez, convicted murderer, escaped from police custody on his way to court.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a big deal. How does that happen?
Speaker 2: It's Kerr County. So the courthouse was in Delano? Is that how you say it?
Speaker 3: Delano? Okay, you guys yelling?
Speaker 4: Your producer is from Fresno.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, so it is Delano? Okay, all right, do you know this guy?
Speaker 3: No? Right, yeah, no, you would never know.
Speaker 2: That would be bad if you knew that I have good health news. Okay, let's fight dementia together.
Speaker 1: I told you about fighting dementia. Yeah, learning to play the piano.
Speaker 3: I forgot already. No, here's so.
Speaker 2: There was a study of studies. This is a big meta study that they did. They looked at twenty thousand older adults over the course of thirty years, and they said that there were three lifestyle factors that outweighed all the others in terms of combating dementia.
Speaker 4: Walking, no, no.
Speaker 2: The three biggest predictors of who goes on to have dementia not having a hobby like like cow, people who are obese, or people who are sedentary after the age of sixty. The three biggest predictors of your six three biggestry.
Speaker 1: Boxes of twinkies and not playing the piano.
Speaker 4: I have not lost on me.
Speaker 2: They're not empty boxes of tweeties. I think that's a key.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, not even not even that.
Speaker 2: There's There was also a story the package theft season is upon us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are now getting delivery in No more diet coke for you. Yeah, people are now buying delivery insurance. So does that work.
Speaker 3: Mean you when you purchase your thing. I've seen this.
Speaker 2: Now when you do your online shopping, you can buy insurance at checkout. Would you pay a buck or five bucks or whatever it is, and if your package is not delivered or it's stolen or something like that, they'll replace it.
Speaker 1: Does the insurance go up when the price of the item goes up?
Speaker 2: The ones i've seen look like their percentage of whatever your final christ I.
Speaker 1: Saw the guy in I think it was La County who had three MacBooks stolen.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Does Apple when they send you a MacBook, does it look like an Apple backbook type box?
Speaker 2: But it's that it's the the size of it, the shape of it.
Speaker 1: Right, Don't they make it look like a box of diapers or something?
Speaker 3: It would be It would behoove them to do that. I don't know why they don't do that, Like wash manure.
Speaker 2: There's also the sticker on the side that says that there's a there's a battery inside, right, which.
Speaker 3: Is a dead giveaway.
Speaker 1: I have that, but if there was a way for them to mask what it was.
Speaker 2: Safe Wise, the company, the security company safe Wise, estimates that one hundred and twenty million packages were taken off of porches last year one hundred and twenty million. The price tag on that is about sixteen billion dollars. In terms of the hardest hit cities, New York City lost almost a billion dollars last year, and in stuff that was taken off of people's porches, Philadelphia is in second, Chicago is third. None of that is a huge surprise. DC is fourth, and Houston round out the top five in the annual porch Pirate.
Speaker 1: Porches or walk up porches maybe four or five steps or something, so it's easy to's visible that there's something on the porch and easy to quicken, you know, grab it quick well.
Speaker 2: And now Amazon owns Whole Foods, right, so Whole Foods stores have now become a big Amazon drop off. You can have it delivered there and you can go pick it up from.
Speaker 4: Like that parking lot needs more.
Speaker 1: All the one across from the radio Social The people that come in and out of that Whole Foods parking lot are insane. They are the most narcissistic people I've ever come across. They don't obey the rules of the road. They don't if I'm going straight and they're taking a left into that, they don't wait, they don't wait at all.
Speaker 2: They're all high off of their macha chist.
Speaker 1: Whatever that is Deborah's nuts and stuff. What is that synergy raw kombucha? Oh hey, we're going to need that bathroom.
Speaker 2: Let's keep a clear aisle between Deborah and the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see it is I do.
Speaker 3: I've used it. The door is closed right now. Well, I don't know if anybody's in there.
Speaker 1: There's nothing funnier than Deborah, who jokes because you're so beautiful and it's so funny to talk.
Speaker 4: About everybody poops.
Speaker 5: You know, there was a book It's a child everybody poop.
Speaker 4: Didn't your parents have that in the in the bathroom?
Speaker 2: No, they have a bathroom book that my parents. I don't know why you would do this.
Speaker 3: But I do.
Speaker 1: Story Time.
Speaker 2: It's a book that when you sit down, it was on the it was a hamper or a little stool of some kind, funny joke stool in the bathroom. And but it was a book that was like acuse when you when you I don't remember there's a tagline on it something like when you sit on the potty, read something naughty or but it was a book that you fill out and they would leave a pencil in there, so when you're sitting there with nothing else to do, you could fill out the questionnaires like you flip a page.
Speaker 3: It's like what's your favorite college?
Speaker 1: Couldn't just put a reader's digest in there.
Speaker 2: There was also that there was a full selection. Some of it was more interactive than others.
Speaker 1: I thought it was fun when I went over there and I was like, Oh, I'm going to sign the guest book in the bathroom. Shannon was here.
Speaker 3: Because that book has not moved.
Speaker 2: My parents have long gone shuffled off their mortal coil, but that book is still there.
Speaker 4: We should do readings from it.
Speaker 3: Don't you think that's so awful?
Speaker 4: I think it's great awful Memory Lane.
Speaker 2: We'll do a quick version of swamp Watch when we come back. Gary Shannon will continue. We're live today at the Anaheim White House Restaurant for a fourteenth annual KFI Pastathon. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio Lab